• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Just casually decided to see what my Patronus was on Pottermore...

screenshot_04yyhy.png
screenshorhdht_02.png

Well I'll be darned... xD

Do you ever get that feeling like you really wanna just like have a relationship with someone but at the same time you're like "nooo?" cause I'm in this weird place where I like really like people and wanna be closer, and romance and stuff, but when ever I seem to get to that point with people the whole feeling I get is just "NooooOOoo, I dont want this anymore".
I'm just I know know what I want, but Like UUUHHHGGGG D:

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Once again I have proven that I am at my most insightful and wisest when I'm asleep. Last night the following sage advice appeared in my head while I was unconscious:

Imagine you are standing at the bottom of a tall cliff with thousands of vines hanging down from it. The cliff is life and the vines represent possibilities. Some of these vines are sturdy and can support you while other vines will snap at any given moment. Some will break as soon as you try to climb them while some will break after you've climbed up several feet sending you plummeting back to the bottom of the cliff.

You could let fear of pain or fear of failure stop you from making the climb but then you'll just stagnate at the bottom of the cliff for all eternity never getting anywhere. You have to keep climbing, no matter the risk of falling, because eventually you'll find the vine that will take you to the top of the cliff.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Once again I have proven that I am at my most insightful and wisest when I'm asleep. Last night the following sage advice appeared in my head while I was unconscious:

Imagine you are standing at the bottom of a tall cliff with thousands of vines hanging down from it. The cliff is life and the vines represent possibilities. Some of these vines are sturdy and can support you while other vines will snap at any given moment. Some will break as soon as you try to climb them while some will break after you've climbed up several feet sending you plummeting back to the bottom of the cliff.

You could let fear of pain or fear of failure stop you from making the climb but then you'll just stagnate at the bottom of the cliff for all eternity never getting anywhere. You have to keep climbing, no matter the risk of falling, because eventually you'll find the vine that will take you to the top of the cliff.

I hope you're prepared for the level 99 angry plant boss monster who has absolutely had it with all these people climbing and breaking all its appendages and has been nesting at the top of the cliff since times immemorial.

I'm thinking of Waluigi holding a green Honedge while riding Epona, heading to Diglett's Cave by foot using the power of a Fairy Girl from the Kalos Region. Katniss and Prim are sleeping in a bunk in a cabin that oddly resembles one I've been in previously, and it's underground in Konikoni. Waluigi will target them next and kill Peeta with Honedge's Sacred Sword and he will scream, "Waaluigi!"

I am weird.

I'm thinking of how to write the third draft of my current WIP, taking into account everything that my last beta has said. I need to make the villains more realistic. I'm doing this while thinking about the rich strawberry biscuits I bought at some Japanese shop in Portsmouth, which are super delicious... And I hope I don't finish them all in one sitting tomorrow.

I'm thinking of how I'm going to paint a poofy Espeon, while listening to the music of Kirby 64. Why haven't I played that? Anyway, I'm thinking of what to write in Part 2 of my Unown story. But I need something to post inbetween that! What am I to do? Post a totally crazy poofy Espeon? Even crazier than a Sableye with a ton of riches? Anyway, I'm also thinking of cherries, and how they're rare in my part of the world. Kind of. Okay, they aren't uncommon. They might be fairly common. I don't know anymore.
It's a suit of something that I'm worried one of the admins of Pokécharms is gonna wear.
End ramble about random things that have been floating around in my head for a while.
...I don't make sense at all sometimes.

Who would win in a fight? Chuck Norris or Voltron?

Is green eggs and ham actually just rotten food and they eat it cause they are animals, and animals eat out of the trash?

Wow, I need to study for an AP quiz in an hour. I hope I don’t fail.

Does achohol exist in the Disney Universe? And is Star Wars cannon to like the Disney world. Can Mickey Mouse meet R2D2? I’d watch that crossover.

Voice impressions are hard. I’ve got Stitch (From Lilo and Stitch), Cow (From Cow and Chicken), and Tristan Taylor (YGOTAS) down pat, but I have to get good at Shaggy’s (Scooby Doo) for my Halloween costume.

Am I rambling? I feel like I am. But rambling is good for the soul. Probably. Maybe. Ugh, Imma go pretend to study for an hour now.

Let me preface this with saying I despise fleas and would not wish them against any dog, cat, or human, no matter how despicable they are.

This all starts on the fourth of July this year, where my family went uptown to see firework. Some guy shows up giving away kittens for free. Somehow my family is talked into getting this little guy, who while cute, has fleas. No big deal, we get home, give him a bath, all is fine right?

No. No it is not.

Some weeks later, our two dogs and older cat are itching. They got fleas too. Seems that the little cat had not been scrubbed down sufficiently, or fleas had stuck to the clothes my sisters were wearing.

Now we've got fleas months later. They are killing one of my dogs by causing her to irritate her skin by itching and biting so bad it turns a deep red. Her skin is usually gray. Now I'm noticing similar symptoms on our bigger dog, and I'm sure if I shaved those cats clean they'd look the same way. They've gotten into my bed and likely many others. We've used sprays, multiple baths and washings of sheets, and even bug bombs. AND THESE PERSISTENT BUGGERS WILL NOT GO. I suppose it could be 100 times worse and we have bedbugs instead, another thing I wouldn't wish upon anyone. Seriously though, I'm sick and tired of these fleas. I'm probably just going to figure out a way to pressure wash my mattress or something. I'm really pissed at these things right now.

Who would win in a fight? Chuck Norris or Voltron?

Is green eggs and ham actually just rotten food and they eat it cause they are animals, and animals eat out of the trash?

Wow, I need to study for an AP quiz in an hour. I hope I don’t fail.

Does achohol exist in the Disney Universe? And is Star Wars cannon to like the Disney world. Can Mickey Mouse meet R2D2? I’d watch that crossover.

Voice impressions are hard. I’ve got Stitch (From Lilo and Stitch), Cow (From Cow and Chicken), and Tristan Taylor (YGOTAS) down pat, but I have to get good at Shaggy’s (Scooby Doo) for my Halloween costume.

Am I rambling? I feel like I am. But rambling is good for the soul. Probably. Maybe. Ugh, Imma go pretend to study for an hour now.
1. Obviously Chuck Norris.

2. That is exactly the point. The guy that doesn't want to eat the green eggs and ham is trying to change by saying that he doesn't like green eggs and ham, which in case he's trying to say that he doesn't believe himself to be a savage, but then his instincts get the better of him, and he eats the green eggs and ham.

3. Hope you passed! :D

4. I'm pretty sure that there have been many incenses where Disney Characters were in a bar or something, like Gaston in "Beauty and the Beast". Since Disney owns Star Wars, I wouldn't be surprised if they were going to make a cross-over with the Big Mouse himself.

5. I feel you there, pal. I can do Stitch, Sr.Pelo (YouTuber), Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Goofy, and Donald Duck. I can do other weird voices, but they aren't much for "impressions."

6. Rambling is good for the soul. Be proud of yourself.

My coworker: People look at my fiancée and I weirdly whenever we randomly start singing Bohemian Rhapsody.
Me: I'm sorry but anyone who thinks that's weird is mentally ill and needs to be hospitalized immediately.
My coworker: ... Wait, do you know all the words?
Me: ... Naturally.

And then we proceeded to belt out Bohemian Rhapsody to the entire department. Only one of us can sing. It was beautiful.

I came to this site for RPing, and as it is pokemon, we have a common tendency towards violent entertainment. That said, I've been thinking lately about the hierarchy of superpowers. If it were broken down into five tiers, normal-human powers like martial arts and marksmanship would be Tier 1, and incarnate god powers like antimatter elimination and time rewriting would be Tier 5. I'm kinda wavering on whether or not to go further into detail on this though, because I don't know how far down the rabbit hole folks on this site would be willing to follow me.

So I've got two friends, both female, and I kinda want to see them as a couple. Only problem is, one of them has a girlfriend and the other has a dad that's incredibly homophobic. XD As the three of us say...

I KILLED HE
I KILLED SHE
I KILLED MY FAMILY
NO STONE UNTURNED
NO HOUSE NOT FLIPPED
I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL EVERYONE IS SHIPPED!!!!!!

With pokemon, or most cartoony animals or furries in general, how tf do they breed? There are entire daycares where you can forcefully breed pokemon, fursuiters sometimes do, uh, what can only be described as recreational activities, and as for donkey kong, WHERES THE DO- -you get my point. And I’m pointing to you, Ditto. How can a blob of slime breed with every single pokemon?

Why do people hate Minecraft Story Mode so much? Okay, yeah, it is Minecraft, which has gotten a pretty bad rap, but come on! The characters are interesting, the game is engaging, and the story ACTUALLY EXISTS. They're not going around mindlessly shooting zombies or something, they're thrown into a situation and are dealing with it! I just... AAAAHHHHHHH

Why do people hate Minecraft Story Mode so much? Okay, yeah, it is Minecraft, which has gotten a pretty bad rap, but come on! The characters are interesting, the game is engaging, and the story ACTUALLY EXISTS. They're not going around mindlessly shooting zombies or something, they're thrown into a situation and are dealing with it! I just... AAAAHHHHHHH
It’s obvious. The game lacks the excess number of BROWN BRICKS the original Minecraft was known for.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
With USUM being the last Pokemon games on 3DS and possibly handhelds as we know them, I'm thinking of going all out and constructing a Living Pokedex in it. For those who may not know what a Living Pokedex is, it's basically owning one of every species of Pokemon. Rather than catching a Bulbasaur and evolving it all the way to Venusaur I would have Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, etc. That said, I still don't know which Pokemon will be readily available in USUM so I don't know if I'll need to transfer Pokemon from Gen VI or not. If all are available then I'll use Gen VII only. If transfer is required I might put myself to work by making each Generation required to come from its native region, that is to say Bulbasaur-Mew have to be from Kanto, Chikorita-Celebi from Johto, etc. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, and Alola will be simple enough since they have games directly compatible with PokeTransfer and PokeBank but Sinnoh will be tricky sending 107 Pokemon up to Gen V then to PokeTransfer. To say nothing about obtaining the bloody damn Mythicals. >> Sometimes even I question my sanity.

I recently saw "Your Name" earlier today after everyone & their Aunt Trixie hyped it up so much for months. It was good & I admit that body switching has always been one of my favorite tropes, but it could’ve been a little more fast-paced for my liking

Make sure you never watch it on a plane. I ended up crying in second class in front of a couple and their children, which prompted the babies to cry. Me and twin 2yos bawled our eyes out for the rest of the 1 hour flight.

I am having a tough time deciding whether I wanna buy Undertale or Cuphead at the moment. I’ve seen gameplay of both and they look so good! I know both of the game’s characters and stories inside and out. Cuphead is newer so I might get that, but then Undertale’s storyline is true art!
I’m having a pretty bad time trying to figure this out.
( Did anyone see the Undertale reference? XD )

Toast should not be baked or fried. Period. They become greasy hard shingles. It’s unnatural. Taking a bite from it, fills you mouth with these loud crunchy grease hunks. And after every bite, you need to wash it down it a drink, as the taste is so greasy. And taking a bite of this stuff is so loud, it echoes around the room. Everyone looks at you, and it’s so awkward. I feel like everyone is judging me when i eat toast that was baked or fried. Toast in toasters. Or toast it right without one. But if it’s a shingle of grease, don’t eat it. And if you break a tooth its not my adult.

Also, the Ben 10 theme song. It has been in my head, along with songs from the soundtrack of the Broadway Musical, “Book of Mormon.” It’s an awesom show, and has great casting and music. Plus you know the guy who is Olaf in Frozen, the guy who voiced him, Josh Gad. Well he’s Elder Cunningham who is the best character in the show.

“HELLO! WOULD YOU LIKE TO CHANGE RELIGIONS. HERE’S A FREE BOOK WRITTEN BY JESUS!” - Elder Cunningham, Book of Mormon

Currently in a depressing mood after the FCC voted to repeal net neutrality. This pretty much means that my entire future is ruined because in a few months the cable companies will have complete control of the internet which means I’ll be restricted of what I can do or say, I won’t be able to use any sites since they’ll be taken down or I’ll have to pay for them, & it’ll now be harder to try and get my name out there. The internet is officially dead and there’s nothing we can do about it

Just thinking about how much my music taste has changed in the last year. Literally less than 6 months ago all I listened to was EDM and dance music, but after listening to more metal and Rock, I realised how cringy the music I listened to was. After that I moved on from EDM. The only electronic music I still really listen and love is Electro Swing, Synthwave, and a bit of progressive house. Now I mostly listen to rock and metal, and I'm glad for it. I find myself enjoying it a lot more than what I did with EDM, and the amount of awesome bands I've discovered is huge. I think it's safe to say that I won't listen to EDM/Electronic ever again, apart from a few artists and subgenres. Rock and Metal are now my true favourite music genres!

I'm currently debating whether or not I can get that Bio Essay done in tomorrow's free block so I can spend all of today hoping that Barry will finally get out jail.

Few people will understand that last part.

Let’s see... I got too much in my Mind Prog at the monent.

“Spurt spurt, drip drip.”

“Debating to myself if I should nerf or buff my Fakemon’s abilities.”

“Why does the newer core games hold your hand like you’re a lost child?”

“Thinking if I should have the next part of my fan made storyline in the creative corner of writing or in a general RP setting.”

Okay, that should be at least most of it kinda.

I'm commiserating with my brother over the fact that I had to ruin a perfectly good chocolate cake, because someone ordered chocolate peppermint. I hate mint on its own, but with chocolate, it's even worse!

Oh well. At least I'm not the one who's gonna be eating it.

I’ve been wondering about my future lately.. I want to be a professional writer and create the next Harry Potter or Percy Jackson.
But one, I’m worried I won’t be good enough to write something as well as that, and two, I have a lot of other things I’d like to do as well.
Things like animation, I’ve always wanted to make something like a Pixar short or something.
Or film making. Or hanging out with friends. General Freetime. I’m scared I won’t have time for all of it before it’s to late.

Damn, that got deep pretty quick. Sorry guys :'|