• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

*Polino sits down while giving a note since he appears to be ill*

Managing to finally do the O-spin elevator, my god I have broken the laws of tetriminos.

I always wonder why my opponent tries to stall even though he has three comet garbage blocks sitting above his tetris board and two galaxy puyos and four star puyos in his puyo board, in a swap battle that said opponent can hardly chain at all.

I'm wondering if liking the Head and the Heart this much is normal... I'm gonna say yes. I mean, there are people who are even more obsessed than I am. Any Head and the Heart lovers here?

So I have been getting into a certain game lately after a friend recommended it to me...

*Tyler decides to sneak behind his trainer and shares his love with Puyo Puyo after figuring out how to use the GTR and sandwiching to make himself a 15 chain*

Chaining:
  • Oh?
  • Examination!
  • Pound Rush!
  • Arctic Cuff!
  • Powder Gale!
  • Glacial Storm!
  • Water Snipe!
  • Streamline!
  • Rattle Raid!
  • Baby Screech!
  • Icicle Shooter!
  • Tidal Bust!
  • Syringe Snapper!
  • Potion Punt!
  • Laceration!
Neutralizing:
  • Uh...
  • No crying now...
  • Sealer Guard!
  • Protection!
  • Double X-Defense!
  • Counterattack!
  • Retaliation!
Receiving Garbage:
  • Eek!
  • Owie!
  • Stop it!
  • Wahhhhh!
  • *incomprehensible seal noises*
  • *infantile sobbing*
  • *neonatal screeching*
  • *bawling so loudly that it can be heard in the vast vaccum of space*

You don’t want to disagree with professors, and if you really must, make it sound like you’re confused about something. Professors have every right not to be wrong, because they have PhD’s and will only take you seriously when you get one yourself. I mean, when I do, I’ll have the privilege to look down on less educated people too, but...

I don’t want to do the same unto others that was done to me. Can’t we all just be humble and respect each other whatever our ages, whatever our positions? Break the cycle of looking down on other people? I’ve only met a few humble adults who aren’t pedantic and will listen, however inexperienced and uninformed you may be. :?

*decides to allow Letterman to use his Humor program once he uploads it in the Navi Customizer*

Letterman: So, how do you know if Aquaman robbed your house?

Operator: I'm not sure, but how?

Letterman: You see him cleaning everything, solving all P-codes, and three hours later, he's flooded the house with his tears since he can't get that speck of dirt in the corner.

Aquaman: *releases a lot of water from his spout, as it indicates that he's bawling rather loudly*

Operator: Okay, I'm getting the Cleaner program for the personal terminal...

Dang, I went OFF on a friend who was asking too many questions about another friend. I kind of feel bad now, because they may have just been looking out for me, but no answer I've given in the past satisfies them enough not to ask again. It gets to a point when you're sticking your nose in, badmouthing my other friend and sowing seeds of distrust in me for them. Please don't.

Anyway, I now have to send friend #1 a text to mend the situation because firing off on people isn't cool. But there's a 99% chance I'll get a "fuck you" in response x'D

Edit: Nah, I got a simple "Ok" in response to a long speech I texted explaining the situation. Same distant "Ok" this friend gave me after I went off. When you put that much time into a text and get a pithy answer like that, it's hard to know if things are really ok. See them when I see them I guess @.@

Last edited:
I honestly wonder if I'll be active here and if my oc is as bad as I think they are-
Pokecharms seems like a cool community. Here's to hoping that I'll actually make a friend or two.

it's been a few years since i've been here. i decided to check in on the old charms site out of curiosity and my, things certainly look different, lol. i've graduated college twice and i'm still looking for work. some things never change, i guess.

looking forward to let's go eevee on friday tho. as someone who has been a fan since silver, i naturally have a few nitpicks with it, but in the end it's an escape i kinda need.

jeez though, i used to think my avatar i made was cool. it's so. so not.

Random though: Maybe Hideaki Anno put religious symbols and names in neon genesis evangelion cause he though they were cool and Maybe Araki has amnesia so that's why he does forget certain things

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Happy Day-We-Devour-The-Flesh-Of-A-Flightless-Bird-Sacrifced-In-Sacred-Slaughter-As-We-Express-Gratitude-For-Things-We-Take-For-Granted-The-Rest-Of-The-Year!

And for my non-American friends, have a good Thursday! Perhaps today you too can partake in the dining of your local birds. :D

Random though: Maybe Hideaki Anno put religious symbols and names in neon genesis evangelion cause he though they were cool and Maybe Araki has amnesia so that's why he does forget certain things
Araki doesn't have amnesia, Jojo is a "for fun" anime/manga and as such it has plenty of plotholes and other stuff that gets mentioned once or twice and then is never brought up again simply because Araki does not care to make a serious, flawless work.

xd

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
My mind loves to screw with me. Why is it that my desire to write is strongest right before bed or when I can't get on my laptop, and yet when I'm completely and entirely free my brain can't even form a sentence? Just imagine the things I could accomplish of I could write in my sleep.

I don't get why people think I'm smart. In my opinion I think I'm average or rather slightly below average constantly. Like others work for weeks on essays but I usually do them the day before they are due or someone studies for weeks before a test but I kinda just forget about the test till the day of. Others work harder than me and get better results then me(hopefully), I'm sure they are the smarter ones yet why do people come to me for help! Orz

Just had a conversation with my great uncle about my grandpa (both foreigners, uncle married into the family so they're not related by blood) and WOW what a mindfuck @.@

Goes like this

Me: "Grandpa never smiles."

(Not even a diss, that's just a fact XD)

Uncle: "You know, back where I come from people don't have a lot to smile about. One day your sister might get arrested, then the government kills your brother, then you get put in jail for speaking out, and it's hard to smile."

Me: "I mean, sometimes people smile despite what they've been through. Some of the happiest people I know have been through the unhappiest times. I tend to feel the worst when I'm not doing anything with my life."

Not even in my life, if you've ever watched prison stories on YouTube and these guys are asked how life's different for them after getting out, they'll tell you, little things that bother other people don't bother them anymore after what they'd been through

Uncle: "That's because you grew up in America which is one of the wealthiest countries. You pass somebody by here and you're expected to smile, while if you pass somebody by there and smile at them they think you're trying to start something like what in the hell are you smiling about?"

Okay, cultural misunderstanding, that's fair. He's not mad but sounds more impassioned than before and he's getting a little ranty, he's essentially telling me I'm a stupid American girl. Anyway this continues and finally this is what we end up with

"...so without your grandpa who came to this country your mom would've never been here and you wouldn't have been born."

Wait what? Are you implying that I somehow don't appreciate everything my grandfather did for our family simply because I pointed out he doesn't smile? Like I just made an observation, HOW did we get here lmao. Anyway I learned 2 things from this convo: 1, I'm a silly American girl, 2, also an ingrate, the latter of which I know isn't true. Idk if anyone who's older/has a different experience does that nasty thing where they take a small statement you made, blow it out of proportion and condescendingly use it to paint you as inexperienced. Kind of hard to have a conversation if you pointedly regard the other person as stupid, true or not. When my great aunt who's more understanding came into the room, she got that it was just a statement and said "yeah, I also noticed that he doesn't smile," tells me a personal experience and says she got used to it, which is totally fair.

Now it's hard for me to smile after this trainwreck XD

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Just had a conversation with my great uncle about my grandpa (both foreigners, uncle married into the family so they're not related by blood) and WOW what a mindfuck @.@

Goes like this

Me: "Grandpa never smiles."

(Not even a diss, that's just a fact XD)

Uncle: "You know, back where I come from people don't have a lot to smile about. One day your sister might get arrested, then the government kills your brother, then you get put in jail for speaking out, and it's hard to smile."

Me: "I mean, sometimes people smile despite what they've been through. Some of the happiest people I know have been through the unhappiest times. I tend to feel the worst when I'm not doing anything with my life."

Not even in my life, if you've ever watched prison stories on YouTube and these guys are asked how life's different for them after getting out, they'll tell you, little things that bother other people don't bother them anymore after what they'd been through

Uncle: "That's because you grew up in America which is one of the wealthiest countries. You pass somebody by here and you're expected to smile, while if you pass somebody by there and smile at them they think you're trying to start something like what in the hell are you smiling about?"

Okay, cultural misunderstanding, that's fair. He's not mad but sounds more impassioned than before and he's getting a little ranty, he's essentially telling me I'm a stupid American girl. Anyway this continues and finally this is what we end up with

"...so without your grandpa who came to this country your mom would've never been here and you wouldn't have been born."

Wait what? Are you implying that I somehow don't appreciate everything my grandfather did for our family simply because I pointed out he doesn't smile? Like I just made an observation, HOW did we get here lmao. Anyway I learned 2 things from this convo: 1, I'm a silly American girl, 2, also an ingrate, the latter of which I know isn't true. Idk if anyone who's older/has a different experience does that nasty thing where they take a small statement you made, blow it out of proportion and condescendingly use it to paint you as inexperienced. Kind of hard to have a conversation if you pointedly regard the other person as stupid, true or not. When my great aunt who's more understanding came into the room, she got that it was just a statement and said "yeah, I also noticed that he doesn't smile," tells me a personal experience and says she got used to it, which is totally fair.

Now it's hard for me to smile after this trainwreck XD
Well I know for certain that our days a were certainly different xD. So aside from an essay apparently having a due date despite my teacher saying WORD FOR WORD, "turn it in whenever" my day was pretty good. Also I somehow found myself identifying with a fiction character in a way I never thought possible, and it was all with 8 simple words; "I could be playing Smash Ultimate right now,"

It's scary how there's such an uproar about this. If I read Mein Kampf because it's an important piece of history, does that make me a Nazi? The fact that people are trying to control what you can and can't read sounds like 1984 to me. They act like history is sunshine and rainbows when it really isn't, and sweeping it under the rug because you're offended is the surest way that it'll repeat.

It's scary how there's such an uproar about this. If I read Mein Kampf because it's an important piece of history, does that make me a Nazi? The fact that people are trying to control what you can and can't read sounds like 1984 to me. They act like history is sunshine and rainbows when it really isn't, and sweeping it under the rug because you're offended is the surest way that it'll repeat.
People are stupid. I can guess that the same type of people who are doing this are trying to also ban stuff like Huckleberry Finn from schools. History is important, and we can't sweep it under the rug with the pretext of being offensive.

Especially since most of these "racist" books they are banning are just using the word as a period piece- Huckleberry Finn is very much anti-racism. Book banning in general is a bad ideology, because it's promoting the idea that you shouldn't learn about perceived "bad" things.

Then again, some people still think Pokemon, DnD, and Harry Potter are demonic, so humanity seems rather hopeless anyways :?

My Current Thoughts of the Moment:
1. Still being an absolute weeb, obsessed with Digimon
2. Trying to make art of the different Aegiochusmon forms, but don't really have any direction to go with them (specifically making them into weapons)

(I know these are more feelings than thoughts, but eh, thinking is overrated tbh)

Like @E.K.A.N.S. said, some humans are stupid. People get offended over nothing, and apparently, opinions can be offensive to some. It's sad how the 2010's are probably the best times humanity will see for a while, considering the state of our world.

Where can I get a 1x1 roleplay? Do I have to play as an OC here? A lot of this looks like OC-only... Hnnnnnngggggg I just want to rp as Calem. Or Sycamore. Maybe Roark? He's so underrated.

@KirkJo, if you find a person on here that you would be interested in doing a 1x1 RP with, just send them a message. That's a fairly easy way to RP without following overall RP rules. If you'd like to RP on a thread, but still keep it one on one, there's an option to make your RP closed to others. You'd still need a partner, of course.

I believe you are able to RP as canon characters. Essentially, any questions you may have will be answered here for Pokemon RP Rules and/or here for overall site rules.

Have fun!

The nastiest fever. I always sleep in total darkness but for the first time I was afraid of the dark, like a demon was there. I perceived every toss and turn as me taking a different path... only to reach the same outcome of a flaming, throbbing head... I knew there was a right path I could take but I kept taking the wrong one. I was only 25% dreaming so I was in that weird twilight zone that you’re neither awake nor asleep. All I could think upon fully waking was “I don’t know who’s in charge,” whatever that means. Ordinary words like “Instagram,” “SS-I Never,” and “E.K.A.N.S.” seem weird to me. This sickness is affecting me psychologically or maybe it just mixed with the depression I’ve been feeling.

The nastiest fever. I always sleep in total darkness but for the first time I was afraid of the dark, like a demon was there. I perceived every toss and turn as me taking a different path... only to reach the same outcome of a flaming, throbbing head... I knew there was a right path I could take but I kept taking the wrong one. I was only 25% dreaming so I was in that weird twilight zone that you’re neither awake nor asleep. All I could think upon fully waking was “I don’t know who’s in charge,” whatever that means. Ordinary words like “Instagram,” “SS-I Never,” and “E.K.A.N.S.” seem weird to me. This sickness is affecting me psychologically or maybe it just mixed with the depression I’ve been feeling.
Oh, dang. I’m really sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon. That must not be a pleasant experience whatsoever, and I hope it doesn’t affect you.
After all, tu eres mi amiga Latina y yo necesito alguien que me ayude con todo mis drogas.
But seriously, I hope you get better soon and my nickname isn’t so weird to you anymore.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Personally I think its Alolan Vulpix but thats just me, on a completely seperate note, what has my life come to..?

*a Copymon slowly toddles over and hands over a long letter containing what is currently on the baby Digimon's mind, before he is chased by his tamer as soon he realizes he is long overdue for a doctor's appointment*
  • Am I just a copy, replica, fake, duplicate, reprint, carbon or dupe?
  • Why do the other Digimon pick on me so much?
  • Can I please, please digivolve back into a Mimeomon?! I'm so sick and tired of being stuck as a little baby!
  • I know... I know, I might have went a bit too far with robbing the database links in Shine City, but come on! We all need to get Bits one way or another!
  • It's not fair! They can just devolve me like that and push me around like I'm some sort of kid! Just they wait until I'm back to being perfect again...
  • Could you stop calling me a baby?! For the love of God, I'll have you know that I've reduced my crying times to under half an hour, figured out what two times three is and learned how to start a short conversation!