• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Annual Almia Tournament (Discussion)

Since all the RPer spots have been taken, should I make this Private/Closed? Spectating char's, tho.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welcome to the Annual Almia Tournament

In celebration of the Liberation of the Tower held North of Peril Cliffs of the Almia Region, the people of this peaceful region decided to make a tournament to allow humans and Pokémon from across the globe to come together and either participate in friendly, yet competitive battles or spectate from the stands in our specialized elliptical stadium. We have cameras that view every angle of the battlefield and will be displayed on the Jumbotron over the battlefield, so the audience can view the battle if they are at the top of the bleachers or just can’t see. We have concession stands outside of the tournament to help feed and refresh tournament goers, as well as having the busboys from these concession stands walk around the bleachers to give people their refreshments during the battles.

To get there, take a boat that docks at Pueltown, and then go North towards Altru Park. Once you make it to Altru Park, head West towards Union Road. There will be a pair of Pokémon Rangers that will guide you North towards Peril Cliffs, where there will be a gondola lift that takes you to the very top of Peril Cliffs. If you want to forego the lift, just know that the lift is faster, unless you take a Pokémon you can fly or climb the rocks with. From there, just keep heading North until you find the stadium. An alternative would be to just fly Northwest from Pueltown until you find the cliffs and the very large, hard-to-miss stadium. If you have been here before, you can ask a Pokémon of yours to Teleport to the top of Peril Cliffs (given that you’ve gone up there before). The host will be there at the front doors to greet you all and help set up the concession stands. He’ll also help you register at the front desk if you need it.

For those of you, who want to participate in the tournament, register at the front desk with the full team of Pokémon you’ll be using, including the Pokémon you’d want to switch in. Keep in mind that the first battle will be the qualification round, where you can only use one Pokémon. If you win, you can then compete in the actual tournament, where the next battles will be a 3v3 format. The Semifinals and Final battles will be a full format of 6v6. Under here will be the brackets available for the tournament.

Almia Tournament Visual.png

There will be rooms for the participants to reside in, as well as refreshments in the tournament building, which is connected to the battle arena by a short, flexi-glass-covered hallway. The hallway will open up in the middle of the battle arena, which is where the battle participants will be expected to greet each other, offer some good sportsmanship, and then head off toward their side of the battleground.

Aside from residential rooms and the refreshment bar for both participants and viewers alike, there is also a gym to train up your Pokémon before the battles begin, a daycare for your younger Pokémon you decide to take with you, and a personal PokeMart and PokeCenter, as well as mock fields in the basement underneath the gym that are similar to the fields in the battle arena, which will change throughout the course of the battles held there by way of molecular hyper transmission only possible by the Psychic-Types who use this technique (and I mean the battle arena, not the mock fields underneath the gym. Those don’t change). To avoid bias in our Pokémon’s placement of obstacles, we don’t show them the placement of the Pokémon, nor when these trainers or Pokémon will battle, but are given a hologram to guide their ability, as well as knowing the location of the battlefield by heart to be able to change it so precisely. We encourage more evenly dispersed obstacles, but they might cause one side to be heavily or just slightly covered in more obstacles than the other side. If a Zoroark or some other Pokémon wants to change the layout of the battlefield, then they can, but the people who made the arena won’t be very keen on that. The possible different stages include:
  1. A canyon with walls on both sides of the battlefield and the occasional stream
  2. A rocky ground with rocks protruding from the ground
  3. A frozen lake
  4. A snow-covered plateau
  5. A meadow with a few trees
  6. A jungle
  7. A forest
  8. A dirt path
  9. Some warm igneous rocks that steam when hit with water
  10. A hard steely ground with metal objects of varying sizes and shapes strewn about the field
  11. A normal piece of land with a Poke Ball symbol in the middle (the default)
  12. A tank filled with water (only when there are Pokémon who can swim, and trainers will be required to answer this question about all of the Pokémon they’ll be bringing in)
  13. A light green plain area with tall and large rocky pillars reaching to the sky that guide the air currents
  14. A cave that encompasses the entire field, including the trainers, the referee, and several cameras with night vision (it gets a little dark in there)
  15. A desert
  16. The floor of a room with actual furniture
  17. A swamp
  18. A hard floor with generators and telephone poles
  19. A stony floor with pillars on the sides
  20. A meteorite that gives off a cosmic aura in a field of flowers
  21. A rocky path with dragon monoliths and statues on the edges that give off a feeling of power
  22. A rug with psychedelic patterns with floating objects around the area that can be moved by the Pokémon’s Psychic-Type Attacks/Moves; also may or may not have mirrors
  23. A room that encompasses the entire field, including the trainers, the referee, and several cameras with night vision, and it has spooky decorations and objects Ghost-Types can possess to hide away from their opponent to strike
  24. A darkened rough path with dark broken pillars and bushes and tunnels that allow Pokémon to hide and strike from just about anywhere, since there’s a whole lair of tunnels underneath the ground.
(If you want, you can add more by suggesting it to me)

Each stage will be decided randomly (i.e. by a random number generator; I will not change the placement of the stages in the list). The water stage will not be chosen if both of the participants Pokémon cannot swim. If the stages get destroyed, no worries! The stage can merely be reconstructed in another battle. Your Pokémon getting too wild on the battlefield and you’re afraid of them hurting the audience? Don’t worry! There is a special field/barrier protecting the audience (including the Jumbotron and cameras) from all attacks, similar to a permanent and electrically generated Protect.

Now, we got the introduction out of the way, here are the rules:
  • Follow all PokeCharms' rules (You can find them here for the Pokémon RP Rules, and here for the Global Rules). I will not bother putting those rules down here, since I expect everyone to have read them and understand them, unless I need to make a point.
  • That being said, ALL POSTS must be a PARAGRAPH long, consisting of SIX OR MORE SENTENCES! Please, don’t be lazy (Also, if I say lines, I mean sentences, just to make it less confusing for you if I do happen to say lines).
  • I expect proper grammar and spelling. I don’t want the majority of your posts to be in chat speak (as that is also against the PokeCharms’ Global Rules). English is an actual language with actual mechanical syntax, grammar, and spelling. Please use it. I know we are humans, so errors may come up from time to time, but at least look over your post and edit it if you need to. It doesn’t hurt to click the Edit button (or if on Mobile or the window is too small, click on Tools, then on Edit) at the bottom of your post and change something. There will be an edited timestamp next to the timestamp of when you originally posted, so we will know you edited. Although, if you do edit something right after posting it, it won’t say.
  • I know the Eeveelutions, Charizards and Greninjas are cool, but refrain from using such overly used Pokémon and be creative with your characters. The best characters I’ve seen are the ones with the rarely used Pokémon. Please, I beg of you, don’t use these overly used Pokémon. I also express great importance in using different Pokémon from your other fellow RPers. It’s okay if you have the same Pokémon, but I will not have five people own Lucarios. That’s just ridiculous. If you want a Pokémon with you that won’t participate in any of the battles, you must also give me a sheet of them.
  • NO Mega Evolutions/Battle Bond. I don’t want to bug Stellarwind Elsydeon on the matter too much, and I don’t want an army of people bugging him about it either. I also don’t want anybody getting into a pissing match with another RPer on the discussion thread just because “my Mega Charizard X could’ve beaten your Dragonite”. I don’t care if you already got permission. I don’t want any of it.
  • NO Z-Crystals. Your character can have Z-Crystals (since they are given to people who have beaten the trials in Alola), but you may not use them in battle.
  • NO Fakemon.
  • NO Legendaries. Same reasons as the Mega Evolutions, but replace Mega Charizard X with Rayquaza, and replace Dragonite with Comfey.
  • NO Mary Sues/Gary Stus. If your character has a reason for having beaten the Elite Four or the Champion at the age of 10, give me a solid reason as to why your character is that powerful. Otherwise, older characters will have an easier time explaining as to where they got where they are. I want realistic characters with actual flaws and drawbacks, please. They can’t all be completely perfect, even adults are never perfect. I would much rather accept someone who has tried to beat the Elite Four and never could.
  • I will allow ONE shiny Pokémon per RPer, but there has to be some effort in finding one to begin with. It could just be dumb luck, too, but I don’t want a whole lot of that around here.
  • I allow swearing, but keep it reasonable.
  • I allow some semblances of romance. Do not make your posts rated 18+ with this please. Keep it 13-15+.
  • I do not condone the use or abuse of alcohol, but you can have your character drink it. Because of that, this RP will be set to ages 15+ for any RPer coming in. If you are younger than that, then please have discretion when partaking in this RP, since I’m not going to ask you how old you are (that breaches privacy), but please have the common sense to either RP with maturity regarding the subject or not RP at all.
  • Please. PLAY FAIRLY! We are having fun in this RP. It isn’t all about winning. Don’t come here thinking this is a place to be super competitive and try your best to curb stomp everyone. That’s not how this game is played. Even though this is a competitive tournament, please be aware that no matter how good your character is, there will always be flaws, and you’ll just have to accept that. Be a good sport and lose if you need to. Swallow your pride if you have to. Talk it out with your opponent. Make a vague script of what should happen. Go on Showdown and use a Zap Cannon (50% accuracy) and bet on if it misses or hits. Do anything (not all of you are confined to following what everybody else says or does), just as long as you can both confirm to me about the process, the result and what you are planning to do and who should win, so I can oversee the match like an actual Dungeon Master (DM) from Dungeons and Dragons (D&D). If I see some kind of inexplicable BS and lies that don’t follow the guideline from the script or of what should happen, or if I see your Pokémon not becoming fatigued when they are not the type to have high stamina, I will call you out on it. I will be nice at first, and I have a lot of patience. Don’t test it, though.
  • Please be good to each other in the discussion thread. Your characters can be mean to each other, but that shouldn’t reflect your reputation on this site, nor feelings towards others.
  • If you spot something that is a little off in their post, whether it is a slight grammar/spelling error, continuity crisis, or something of the like, call them out on it, but do it nicely. Chances are, they were rushing and didn’t see it.
  • If there are two RPers battling, please be active at least every other day. Interactions outside of the battle are good, and are actually wanted, but we need people to battle to keep the plot going. If you are coming in, you better be committed. If you don’t feel like you are able to join because of your schedule, then I’m deeply sorry. I know we have lives and they can inhibit us from going online and RPing. I’ll wait patiently until you come back, but don’t leave forever. If you are unable to keep RPing, always tell me. I will be bummed for sure, but if you feel like you can’t continue, then at least have your character resign or surrender from battle, or give me or your opponent permission to control your character as well as a short description of what should happen so we can keep the story going. If you aren’t able to put up a post every day or every other day, let me know. It will be greatly appreciated. It will be further appreciated if you give me a little schedule for your week or more in a conversation, but that is a little too generous and will never ask for that, as that is a little personal, unless you are completely fine with it.
  • This will be an anime-style RP, so your Pokémon can learn all the moves from past generations and every way they can learn these moves, EXCEPT for Event Moves. Levels don’t exist, but you should still include the Game-Equivalent Level on your Pokémon Bio Sheet to get a feel for the baseline of how powerful your Pokémon are. Please make it realistic. A really old Eevee could have learned Focus Energy naturally (Level-Up in Gen I), but a very young Eevee (from Gen VII) might not be able to learn it naturally unless it was taught by that really old Eevee, mainly because after generations of breeding them, the Pokémon have lost or gained moves from changed habitats and the like. This isn’t needed, but I would like to see a range of moves they stay away from, whether they just don’t want to learn it, a phobia, or something else. I also don’t want to see a Pichu being somehow faster than an Arcanine. Just please, no.
  • If you are stuck, use this site for help. It is a site I use and it is also way more accurate in their information than some other sites: Bulbapedia
  • Remember, have fun! This is a more casual tournament, so be silly and creative with your attacks and all that, just don’t be so ridiculous that you break physics, and don’t force hits, bunny, or auto other people’s Pokémon and characters. If you have read everything, tell me the time of when you post your character sheet (so I can figure out if we will have time zones to contend with or anything).
Character Sheets

Trainer
Name:
Birthplace/Hometown:
Appearance
  • Height:
  • Weight:
  • Hair Color/Length/Style:
  • Eye Color:
  • Identifying Marks (i.e. tattoos, piercings, freckles, etc.):
  • Musculature:
  • Clothing:
Personality:
Strengths:
Flaws:
Brief History (Include the regions of which they’ve won championships, how many badges/ribbons/Z-Crystals/keys they’ve collected, and their general experience dealing with Pokémon):
Family:
Love Relationships?:
Main Pokémon Team:
Pokémon Switch-Ins (basically, you have more Pokémon in your arsenal to choose from in between matches. I will only allow 2):
Extra:

Pokémon

Species:
Nickname:
Held Item (if any):
Hidden Power Type:
Special Features:
Strengths:
Flaws:
Quick History:
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this):
Game-Equivalent Level:
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning (optional):
Can Swim? (It doesn’t matter if they have Surf. If a Pikachu can swim without Surf, then this is a yes):

I will be making a character, but I won’t expect him to make it past the Top 16, much less the Qualification Round. If there is anything I need to add, please let me know. Also, sorry for the extremely long rules list, but I just want to make sure everyone knows the reasoning behind everything.

I will allow people to come in and either play as the spectator or participant in the tournament battles, but I only feel comfortable having 8-10 people being the participants for the tournament battle, including myself. I’ll make a list of the RPers, who’ll have characters battling, but once the 8-10 spots get taken then they’re all taken, unless one of them leaves. If that happens, the spot gets reopened. If this happens and your character arrives in the middle of a tournament, then act like your character had already registered and is training or whatnot, and had won through battling with a bunch of random people. I will close admissions to being a participator in the tournament battles when we make it to the Top 8. Because there are 32 characters battling it out, there will be random trainers. You can control these NPCs if you’d like.

Also, give me a roleplay sample, so I know you have read the rules regarding how you should RP.

SUMMONS: @Ry_Burst, @Penumbra, @Eis, @Keybored, @SednaZ, @Ninian, @vaultie, @Kibago

Hopefully, I remembered everyone that wanted to play. :/ I will make the RP thread after at least five people have joined (not including myself).

List of people battling in the tournament:

The RP: https://pokecharms.com/threads/annual-almia-tournament-rp.19012/

Last edited:
Ahh, I completely forgot about that. Since Battle Bond needs to have admin permission, and I don't want to have a lot of that here (especially when a Battle-Bonded Pokemon is not a Greninja is technically a Fakemon), I will not allow it. XD Sorry for that.

*Axew hands a sample of his RPing skills beforehand after reading everything carefully*

Evelyn made her way back to civilization while Aidan was curled in her sling. The little dragon Pokémon shook like falling dominoes, while resisting the urge to launch a pulse of draconic energy at the passing youngsters having a good session of laughter. The Axew continued to mewl in his trainer’s sling while looking away from his trainer’s frontal direction the moment when he heard some doors swiftly sliding open for his trainer to enter.

He emitted a brief groan towards his trainer when he caught the sight of the building’s orange roof before turning away. The walls in the building were a light shade of cloudy white to welcome all Pokémon of various shapes and sizes. A woman stood behind the counter while Evelyn slowly walked towards her.

“I’m sorry about what happened in the forest earlier, as my drone caught everything,” Aidan heard the woman stating while noticing her focusing her gaze down at his bandaged head.

“Oh, umm... don’t worry about that. It’s on the house, you should both get some rest. It’s starting to get a little late out there,” The woman added while Aidan noticed a Wigglytuff proudly standing beside her.

“Umm... okay I guess, are you sure though?” Evelyn asked while Aidan attempted to put an end to his tears as soon as possible.

“Yeah, this one’s on me... really, it is. Wigglytuff will show you your room. Normally there’s some people that often stay here, but it looks like it might be just the two of you here right now,” The woman replied while the Wigglytuff gestured Evelyn with a waving signal towards a door behind the counter guarding the hallway. Evelyn gave a nod of approval while Aidan attempted to avoid any sort of eye contact with the Wigglytuff.

Once Evelyn reached her room the Wigglytuff led her to, the Wigglytuff held a clipboard towards her, with the paper reading:

This will be your room for the night and the following nights if you choose to stay for more than one day. There are two queen sized beds on opposite sides, two nightstands with their own lamps beside each bed, a desk with several drawers, a closet with a small safe box and a washroom with a special lock on the middle door that allows privacy between the showering area and the facilities.

Please direct all questions to any nurse in the building or the supervisor. We hope you your stay at the Magenta Pokémon Center!

Evelyn nodded at the Wigglytuff, as she went inside her room while Aidan heard the pink blob Pokémon walking back to the counter. The little dragon Pokémon took in a series of deep breaths, followed by a spate of sniffles when he was gently placed down on the bed farthest from the room’s entryway.

“Aidan, look at me. I am going to shower right now, okay?” Aidan heard his trainer declaring with a clear tone.

It took a few seconds for Aidan to realize what it would mean once his trainer would leave for the washroom. It was not long before the Axew would eurpt in a bombardment of tears while having his trainer soon finding him clinging onto her leg as if it would be the last moment he would ever see her.

“Aidan, listen... I have to take a shower right now. I’m sorry to say this, but you can’t exactly be with me while I’m all nude and washing myself, okay?” Evelyn added while attempting to keep Aidan still in her arms.

“I am going to be in the bathroom for ten minutes. I am not going to leave you or anything, okay?” Evelyn calmly continued while attempting to place the Axew back on the bed.

The Axew refused to get off of his trainer’s arms like a neodymium magnet deeply attracted to another, as she thought, “Ugh... I guess my dad wasn’t exactly kidding when he said that the little one doesn’t like being alone. Should I take him with me or what? I mean, I could... but I would have to find a place to set him down. At least he’s still and just plays with his rattle if he’s not too worried about anything.”

I suppose I have been summoned again, and I could use a little break from my lovely Todoclor for an RP or two.

I would like to Axew a question before signing up.

So, I was wondering if I could use shadow Pokémon for the RP since they are an official part of Pokémon (though not a lot of people seem to know about this), and it would also add a unique experience to battling and such.

It could be from any RP.

I do like the idea of Shadow Pokemon being used. Just a reminder that Shadow Pokemon are extremely aggressive and will most likely be looked down upon when used in such a setting as this. The Liberation of the Tower celebration is a ceremony that occurred after the events of Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, where the Pokemon that were once used to hurt other humans by way of devices used to make them aggressive and in pain. Since this is a thing, if you release your Shadow Pokemon, someone is going to notice its erratic behavior, and they won't be happy, since it will cause them to think that Shadow Pokemon are very similar to the hostile Pokemon they had to deal with from the origins of the ceremony that celebrates the freedom and prosperity between people and Pokemon. Just giving you a heads up, since that might happen.

hannibal bustin thru

i'd love to participate in this rp, but i'm a little bit busy atm. if its okay, could you hold a slot for me under the list of people battling? ill try and get a sheet up asap, so expect one at least within an hour or two. another question: how far are we allowed to include Canon Characters? all i was doing was planning on putting one under the Relationship section, but if that's not allowed, ill scrap it. i mean at this point everyone prob already knows who i wanna write there but still.

I should give little context to my sample. One country blantantly attacks another, Elizabeth and her older brother Kiran are children of a third country’s king. Elizabeth figures out that her brother is going to border of all three countries to rally the troops of their country to go to war.

It is from a Fire Emblem RP. I mention basara in it couple times. A Basara is a class from Fire Emblem that wields magic and lances.

Elizabeth left abruptly after Kiran told her his plan. The basara ran up the long winding staircase up to her wing of the castle. “Princess, what are you doing?” a voice from behind asked. She stopped dead in her tracks. She knew that voice, it was the voice of her Retainer, Ashei. Ashei was childhood friend of hers. He wasn’t a strong warrior, good servant, or a competent person in general, so Othello was hesitant on letting Ashei be his only daughter’s retainer.

“I’m just preparing to go to festival in a town to southern border with few friends,” Elizabeth said, her face was racked with guilt for having just blatantly lied to Ashei’s face.

“Oh, what festival?” Ashei proded. His brow furrowed in suspicion.

“Just a small festival that you’ve probably never heard of,” Elizabeth said, as she backed towards the large oak door to her room.

“Wait, Princess, I assure you, if it exists I’ve probably heard of it before, I get around a lot,” Ashei stated, he noticed Elizabeth was growing increasingly nervous,” You’re not lying to me are you?”

“No, I’m just in bit of hurry, my friends should be leaving soon, No if you’d excuse me, I have to go,” Elizabeth said as she pushed through the doors.

She quickly gathered her things, her Iron lance, thunder tome, extra clothes, and her down pillow, because she simply couldn’t go sleep without it. She fastened her lance to her bag and filled it with her stuff. The princess slung the bag around her shoulder and sprinted towards the door and made her way back down the winding stairs.

When Elizabeth sprinted through the door, Ashei noticed she had her lance. “Wait Princess, why do you have-,” Elizabeth ran away before Ashei could speak.

Elizabeth found Kiran and his retainers and exclaimed,” Are we all ready to go, We shouldprobably hurry, Bandits would eat royals like us alive if were caught during nightfall.”

Interested! I guess the question is who I should use. Perfectly happy playing Colress/Seven or Gladion. Colress can either participate or be a non combatant I don’t really care either way. Gladion would definitely fight though.

Edit: RP Sample. Tried to find a 'real' fight but I only found a Diglett hoard fight. RIP. (We don't do RP fights very often.)

Edit: I'll probably just refrain from using Gladion. Most of his canon team is popular Pokemon. Zoroark, Charizard, Lucario.... yeeeeeeh.

Upon noting that Viper was no where to be seen, a gripping sensation gnawed at his throat. Hastily reaching to his belt, he released his two partners—Type: Null and the Zorua. They'd have to clear a path if there was any hope of them getting out of this situation.

"Illidan, Heat Wave! Null, Icy Wind! Zorua Fake Tears!"

Pointing to the group up ahead, Gladion watched as his Golbat flew in first.

<He did no such thing.> Opening his mouth, the flying-type expelled a wind of flames in the direction of the Diglett blocking the cave entrance. [ILLIDAN used HEAT WAVE!]

Now, it was time to rapidly cool the Steel-types. Rearing back, the chimera began to charge energy from the pinned fin upon its head. [TYPE: NULL used ICY WIND!]

Meanwhile [ZORUA used FAKE TEARS!] Perhaps the distraction would be useful.

Last edited:
Name: Maximus (Max) Raide
Birthplace/Hometown: Slateport, Hoenn
Appearance
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: about 95-100 lbs
  • Hair Color/Length/Style: Long, brunette worn in a loose ponytail, slung over her shoulder.
  • Eye Color: A dark, ocean green colour
  • Identifying Marks (i.e. tattoos, piercings, freckles, etc.): NA
  • Musculature: Not very on the upper body, but quite well built on the lower body.
  • Clothing: Max wears a black leather biker jacket marked with replica badges of the gyms she won through the years. A pair of dark blue jeans are worn also, held up with a belt marked with her name. Goggles are worn on her head as well.
Personality: Max likes to move fast, often getting ahead of herself before doing what was first thought about. She doesn't like being looked down on due to her height, but has been able to look past that. Battling was something she always did in her free time, never as a hardcore effect, but when so it is hard to out think her.
Strengths: Max can out think most anyone. She has very good vision and is able to pinpoint weak spots in certain pokemon she's delt with before.
Flaws: Max gets ahead of herself, often thinking faster than needed. She also has a bit of claustrophobia
Brief History: Max was born to a sailing family, her father owning a cruise ship. When she became of age for a pokemon, her father caught her a Febas, a water pokemon who Max learned to love. Over the years, Max traveled by ship from region to region, fighting gyms and helping out other sailors. Oftenly, Max never fought more than one gym per visit to a region making her full badge collection to be half full for each region except Hoenn. Max first meet her second pokemon, a Salandit while on a trip delivering supplies to Alola, taking on Kahuna Hala that same trip. She was barely able to win, but still continued out to sea. Her next friend happened before Brawly's gym, where she found a Gible in the caves. One of her favorite moments was when she was forced to defend a cruise ship from rampaging water pokemon due to a storm rolling in.
Family: A Sailor father, Mother who left at birth.
Love Relationships?: Nah, ain't nobody got time for that, yet.
Main Pokémon Team: Melotic, Salazzle, Garchomp, Shiftry, Exploud, Xatu
Pokémon Switch-Ins: Feraligatr
Extra: 1:31
Pokémon
Species: Milotic
Nickname: Melody
Ability: Marvel Scale
Held Item (if any): Mystic water as a necklace.
Hidden Power Type: Ice
Special Features: Na
Strengths: Melody is quite fast, and has a pretty good singing voice.
Flaws: Melody gets cocky and sometimes overtrusts Max.
Quick History: First pokemon, evolved at third gym battle in Sinnoh against (insert rock gym leaders name here) Simple history.
Personality: As said, Melody gets cocky and overtrusts Max. She likes to move fast and complicated, much to Max's amusement.
Game-Equivalent Level: 87
Range of Moves They Avoid: Most status moves, aims for more offensive
Can Swim? Heck Yea!

Species: Salazzle
Nickname: Razzle
Ability: Corrosion
Held Item (if any): Black Sludge
Hidden Power Type: Ground
Strengths: Razzle likes to swarm her enemies and is able to climb quite well.
Flaws: Razzle often acts over Max in battles, taking action itself against weaker pokemon.
Quick History: Max meet Razzle on a trip to Alola, in which they delivered a package to Wella Volcano. Max meet the poison pokemon there as a Salandit. The two were able to take down Kahuna Hala with Melody the same week. Later on, it evolved while fighting the psychic gym of Hoenn.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Razzle is overconfident, often is quite courageous. She likes to act high and mighty, and doesn't like to be swapped out of battle.
Game-Equivalent Level: 80
Range of Moves They Avoid: Defensive moves
Can Swim?
For lords sake, it's fire. It'll die!

Species: Garchomp
Nickname: G
Ability: Rough Skin
Held Item (if any): Quick Claw
Hidden Power Type: Fire
Special Features: His back fin has four cuts through it.
Strengths: G is quite simple, listening and following any command.
Flaws: The exact same as his Strengths.
Quick History: G was caught in a cave, being left as a refugee from team Rocket trying to Import pokemon to new regions. Max found it and took it in. G evolved to Garchomp on their 9 gym battle against Cheren in Unova.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this):G is carefree and honest. He is very loyal to Max
Game-Equivalent Level: 82
Range of Moves They Avoid None really.
Can Swim? In a way.

Species: Shiftry
Nickname: Blade
Ability: Pickpocket
Held Item (if any): Na, but can take...
Hidden Power Type: Um... Na?
Special Features: His hair is actually brushed and kept nice and smooth
Strengths: Blade is quite stealthy and fast, often disappearing from even Max.
Flaws: Blade likes to show off, even mid battle
Quick History: Caught as Nuzleaf, evolved while battling a random trainer.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Bold. Blade often likes to show off and acts superior to others.
Game-Equivalent Level: 79
Range of Moves They Avoid Heavily defensive moves.
Can Swim? Not well.

Species: Exploud
Nickname: Boom
Ability: Soundproof
Held Item (if any): Na
Hidden Power Type: Fairy
Strengths: Exploud is, well, loud. He is actually quite the tank, able to hang onto many hits.
Flaws: Exploud can get quite obnoxious with the noise oftenly.
Quick History: Loudred caught in Rusturf tunnel, evolved later on in a smaller tournament.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Quite loud and obnoxious. Boom doesn't mind taking a hit to protect others.
Game-Equivalent Level: 83
Range of Moves They Avoid Stat lowering moves and physical moves
Can Swim? Don't think so

Species: Xatu
Nickname: X
Ability: Magic Bounce
Held Item (if any): na
Hidden Power Type: Dark
Strengths: Xatu can see ahead in time slightly, allowing it to dodge slightly easier.
Flaws: Xatu is slow, not able to dodge direct attacks well on the ground.
Quick History: Xatu caught as a Natu. Natu evolved while fighting gym 11 in Snowpoint, Sinnoh.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Quite calm and relaxed. Xatu doesn't normally have a care in the world about anything
Range of Moves They Avoid stat swapping moves
Can Swim? No

Species: Feraligatr
Nickname: Al
Ability: Torrent
Hidden Power Type: Na
Strengths: Very strong and good swimmer.
Flaws: Slow on land, and often lacks obedience
Quick History:
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this):
Game-Equivalent Level: 78
Range of Moves They Avoid na
Learning
(optional):
Can Swim? Yea
My rp sample comes later.
Edit: Sample now included.
Frey slowly began to grin at his opponents words. This guy might actually have some skill. He thought to himself. Refusing to let Klein have any recognition of that, Frey turned his slight grin back to a straight face. Uncliping one of his custom pokeballs, a light blue pokeball with a snowflake on it, a Frost ball, Frey tossed it out onto the natural field. The ball erupted into a bright ball of icy mist as Weavile, who landed on his feet and one claw, the other hung into the air. His claws caught the ice preventing any sliding on the slick surface.
"Yes, I agree. Let's get this battle started!" Frey called across the field in a loud booming voice that had almost no similarities to his previous self. Keep his opponent guessing at all times, something he learned years ago.
Also, if I need to lower levels down some, tell me. I didn't have anything to base it on.

Last edited:
Name: Colress
Hometown: Castelia City, Unova

Appearance
  • Height: 6’1”
  • Weight: 168
  • Hair: Short and blonde with a blue crest.
  • Eye Color: Yellow
  • Identifying Marks: Blue hair streak/crest.
  • Musculature: Slight
  • Clothing: Heavy liquid-cooled jacket.

Personality: A quirky, but passionate scientist. He is friendly and personable, if not a bit odd. However, he enjoys being helpful, seeking to bring out the best in a Trainer and their Pokémon. Despite having the willingness to pursue his goals no matter the consequence, he dislikes selfish, malevolent people. However, he will entertain them if it's required for the benefit of his research.

Strengths: The power of SCIENCE. Intellect. Logic, etc.
Flaws: Lack of empathy, physically frail. Does not pick up on certain social cues.

Backstory: Formerly a Team Plasma scientist, Colress was involved in several incidents. Once he gained control of Team Plasma, he disbanded it once Nate proved that he could draw out the power of his Pokémon, proving that Team Plasma's methodology was incorrect. Since then, Colress has pursued different methods of drawing out a Pokémon's power, including Mega Evolution and Z-Moves. This has moved his research to Alola.

He does not have any Gym Badges despite being a skilled Trainer. He does however own a Z-Ring and both Normalium Z and Steelium Z.

Family: None
Love Relationships: Science

Main Pokémon Team:

Species: Metagross
Nickname: One of Nine
Ability: Clear Body
Held Item: Occa Berry
Special Features: N/A
Strengths: Battling, and making quick calculations.
Flaws: Interacting with others outside of Colress Unit 01.
Quick History: Caught at the Giant Chasm.
Personality: Logical
Game-Equivalent Level: 75
Can Swim?: No, but it can float over water.

Species: Klingklang
Nickname: Two of Nine
Ability: Plus
Held Item: Leftovers
Strengths: Battling and powering devices.
Flaws: Can't do much else besides fight and be used as a power conduit.
Quick History: Used as a power conduit for Team Plasma. Was an assistant at the P2 Laboratory.
Personality: Calm and calculated.
Game-Equivalent Level: 74
Can Swim?: Nope.

Species:
Magnezone
Nickname: Three of Nine
Ability: Magnet Pull
Held Item: Assault Vest
Hidden Power Type: Dragon
Special Features: None
Strengths: Calculated and efficient.
Flaws: Has difficulty understanding organics.
Quick History: Was an assistant at the P2 Laboratory.
Personality: Stern and calculated.
Game-Equivalent Level: 72
Can Swim?: No, but can float over water.

Species: Porygon2
Nickname: Seven of Nine
Ability: Download
Held Item: Eviolite
Hidden Power Type: Steel
Special Features: None unless she is in her android housing, in which case refer to below sheet.
Strengths: Logical and calm.
Flaws: Blunt and stiff, and does not understand social cues.
Quick History: Belonged to Team Plasma and ran most of their important software.
Personality: Serious and blunt. See sheet below for more information.
Game-Equivalent Level: 55
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning: Tutor Moves
Can Swim?: Can't drown, but can't swim either.

Species: Electrode
Nickname: Eight of Nine
Held Item: N/A
Hidden Power Type: Fighting
Strengths: Exploding and making it rain.
Flaws: Not having arms. Pretty much everything that doesn't involve its strengths.
Quick History: Liberated from Team Plasma.
Personality: Explosive.
Game-Equivalent Level: 50
Can Swim?: No.

Species: Muk (Alolan)
Nickname: Nine of Nine
Ability: Poison Touch
Held Item: Liechi Berry
Strengths: Taking out the trash. Knowledge on Anime. Smelling bad.
Flaws: Overly aggressive on the topic of anime. Will eat pretty much anything.
Quick History: Met in Alola.
Personality: Thinks your waifu is trash, and will adamantly refute his position.

Pokémon Switch-Ins

Species: Rotom
Nickname: Five of Nine
Ability: Levitate
Held Item: Life Orb
Strengths: Operating technology.
Flaws: Spastic.
Quick History: Five was one of Colress' assistance when he lead Team Plasma.
Personality: Quirky and a bit spastic.
Can Swim?: If floating counts, but it can't dive into the water.

Species:
Porygon-Z
Nickname: Four of Nine
Ability: Adaptability
Held Item: Expert Belt
Strengths: Operating technology and a high level of calculations per second.
Flaws: Spastic and annoying. Also has difficulty grasping certain concepts.
Quick History: Four was one of Colress' assistance when he lead Team Plasma.
Game-Equivalent Level: 53
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning: Anything that isn't pure attack (save Recover).
Can Swim?: Four can exist underwater indefinitely, but it can't move in the water very well.

Name: Seven of Nine
Trainer: Colress

Appearance
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 300lbs
  • Hair: Long straight and Blonde
  • Eye Color: Blue
  • Identifying Marks: Several visible cybernetic parts including a metallic Ocular Panel surrounding her left eye in the shape of a sideways U, and metallic tendons that wrap around her left wrist and hand.
  • Musculature: Slight, but strong thanks to lightweight steel alloy endoskeleton
  • Clothing: White Dress

Though Seven has the appearance of a normal Porygon2, she is most often seen controlling a humanoid android. To most, she would appear human given that she has Artificial Biological Tissue covering her body in the form of realistic skin and hair. However, there are still a few clearly not biological components in the form of the metallic Ocular Panel surrounding her left eye in the shape of a sideways U, and metallic tendons that wrap around her left wrist and hand.

One might take notice of her pale skin, bright blue artifical eyes, and blonde shoulder-length hair. She would almost appear to be her Trainer's sibling as they share similar features.

Due to an unfortunate incident in her past, she has been given a white dress to wear in accordance to Aether Foundation style.

At a Glance: Human-looking robot with pale skin, blonde hair, blue eyes. Several visible cybernetic parts.

Personality: Efficient and obedient, however Seven is not afraid to speak her mind when she feels strongly about something. Though her voice and mannerisms may seem emotionless, she is easily frustrated by those around her. Despite her aversion to small talk, this Porygon2 seeks companionship, and feels a gripping sensation of loneliness when on her own.

She is attempting to adapt to humanoid life, and seeks for those around her to treat her as an equal. However, despite her best efforts to adapt, there are a few things she is not willing to compromise. Above all else, Seven values honesty, and will often come across as blunt or harsh.

Strengths: Able to think logically, and remain composed even during tense situations. Skillful with computers and other technological devices.

Flaws: Incapable of understanding certain emotions, often to her frustration. Does not understand a lot of social cues. Can come off as kind of a stalker depending on the situation. Rigid, inflexible.

Colress MCHN Technical Specifications:

• Positronic Brain consisting of an artificial neural network.
  • Porygon-class Pokémon resides as data within Positronic Brain.
  • Ocular Panel connects to Positronic Brain. Used for routine maintenance.
  • Lightweight Steel Alloy Endoskeleton Reinforced with Eviolite.
  • Artificial Biological Tissue make up hair and artificial skin.
  • Nanoprobes repair mechanical and biological components on a microscopic level. (Takes several days to a week to finish repairs.)
  • Battery Life of 24 hours.
  • Recharge Rate of 4 hours.
  • Requires a Type 1 or Type 2 connector and a Mode 3 charging cable.
  • Can use public charging stations designed for electric cars.
  • Power In Receptacle located on the lumbar spine.
  • Wireless Charge enabled.
  • Left Hand wrapped in metallic tendons to protect housing from Electric-type moves.
  • Universal Connector extends from left hand at will. Can interface with most electronics.

History:
Seven of Nine was a Porygon2 liberated from Team Plasma. When Colress disbanded Team Plasma after being defeated by Nate, he realized that a Pokémon's strength is brought out by its Trainer. Both Porygon2, Four of Nine and Seven of Nine, were not meeting their potential, and Colress was determined to see them to their full strength. However, this lead to a split of ideals. Four of Nine believed becoming a Porygon-Z would get them closer to perfection, while Seven of Nine felt that sacrificing logic for versatility was not optimal. As their Trainer, Colress facilitated their needs, allowing them to grow in the direction they wanted to.

With the invention of the Rotom-Dex, Colress was spurred onward by his endless curiosity. This curiosity eventually manifested itself into Colress Machine No. 1054, a cybernetic shell designed to house a Porygon-class Pokémon. Seven of Nine volunteered, as the concept seemed intriguing.

Family: Colress, technically.
Love Relationships: N/A

Bios are mostly complete but I'll probably end up tweaking them. Most of Colress' Pokémon have very similar personalities given that they're for the most part all mechanical.

Edit: Also I posted this at like 2PM but oh god I don't usually post at 2PM ever. I'm EST, usually post after work at like 4PM and I generally sleep at 10-11PM unless it's weekends or days I don't work. I'll also try to make note of my IRL status in my statuses.

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I think I'm taking a break from tournaments, though if you do ever make a RP in this region, please tag me.

(also this is just my opinion, but.... I think it's a bit weird for a bunch of adults to be going around regions and acting like they're kids)

Name: Atlas "Atty" Bennett
Birthplace/Hometown: Mistralton City, Unova
Appearance
  • Height: 5'3.5" naturally, 5'7.5" in her heels.
  • Weight: 145 lbs.
  • Hair Color/Length/Style: Dark Brown, either worn down as a bob to her shoulders or styled up. In this instance she has two symmetrical buns pinned up.
  • Eye Color: Cinnamon Brown
  • Identifying Marks (i.e. tattoos, piercings, freckles, etc.): N/A
  • Musculature: Pear-shaped. 36B, wide hips, and thick legs. Not as much upper arm strength. Soft, young face.
  • Clothing: A pink sheer, halter-topped coverup, split down the middle. Underneath is a simple sleeveless white top, cutoff above her stomach. Her shorts are a lighter pink than the coverup, slightly puffed at the bottoms. Her shoes are a similar shade as the coverup, doll-styled, 4in heels with bows on the back under the ankle. She also totes around a light pink shoulder bag, which holds Pokeballs and other various items.
  • 611103_altoutfit3.png
Personality: A self described "Bubblegum Bitch". While she is outwardly sweet and tries her best to make good impressions, she refuses to take shit from anyone who gives her an attitude or treats her poorly. Otherwise, she's very outgoing and loves to explore, not wanting to be held down by responsibilities or expectations from others. Despite her feminine look, she's not exactly prissy or uptight. She doesn't mind getting down and dirty if need be, and many of her interests would contradict her initial appearance. Looks can deceive.
Strengths: She's bold. If someone is being rude or unfair, she won't hesitate to call them out on it. She also cares immensely for her Pokemon, acknowledging each one as an individual and seeing them as friends and family instead of just pets or partners.
Flaws: When upset, she tends to be very passive-aggressive. This can result in her acting like a brat and refusing to admit her own mistakes, leading to even more complications. She tends to get carried away when getting too into the moment, especially when alcohol is involved.
Brief History: 15 Years experience owning at least one Pokemon, and 11 years experience being a trainer. She left home at age 10, and traveled Unova for about 3 years, collecting all 8 of the Gym Badges. Since then, she has traveled Johto, Kanto, Kalos, and Alola, in that order. 7 Badges from Sinnoh and Johto, 5 from Kanto and Kalos, and 13 Z-Crystals from Alola. She also has a couple of ribbons from her time in Sinnoh, when she participated in contests. Her main issue for not wanting to challenge any of the leagues is the fear of all the responsibilities she would have if she somehow did become a Champion. For now, she would rather stick to simple competitions and tournaments where that isn't an issue. Although she isn't a professional, she isn't to be taken lightly either. She and her Pokemon have immense bonds, especially with the Weavile and Scizor she owns, and she makes sure to utilize her Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses while out on the battlefield.
Family: A mother and father living in Mistralton, and an older brother living in Driftveil City. Although not blood related, she considers Skyla very close since the two girls grew up together.
Love Relationships?: Currently a couple months into a relationship with Guzma. The two met while she was in Alola and hit it off surprisingly well.
Main Pokémon Team: Weavile, Scizor, Golisopod, Primarina, Tsareena, Scolipede
Pokémon Switch-Ins: Mismagius, Altaria
Extra: N/A

Species: Weavile
Nickname: Ruby
Ability: Pressure
Held Item: Muscle Band while in battle.
Hidden Power Type: Water (30/31/31/8/31/20)
Special Features: Slightly pudgier than Weaviles seen in the wild. She's a little bit spoiled.
Strengths: Very precise with her attacks, and doesn't often miss. Despite being under the care of a trainer for so long, she still has her wild predator instincts deep within her, and will try to go for a metaphorical kill if she can.
Flaws: She's just a tad bit slower because of her weight, since she's a Weavile, she still outspeeds most Pokemon to begin with. However, if it was her against a wild Weavile in better shape, the latter would outspeed her.
Quick History: She and Atty have been together for years. She met her trainer as a Sneasel kit during a winter in Unova, while Atty was visiting family in Lancuosa Town. She ventured out far from the Giant Chasm and snuck into the town, hoping for more food. She ended up befriending Atty, who felt sympathy for the Sneasel and fed her treats and dinner scraps. The two became close enough that Atty was able to get permission to catch her, and the two have been inseparable ever since.
Personality: Quirky (Neutral) - Loves to eat
Can Swim?: Yes, but not a fan of it. Doesn't mind it as much if the water is cold.

Species: Scizor
Nickname: Dakota
Ability: Technician
Held Item (if any): A Metal Coat while in battle. The item is secured in a pouch, strapped to a belt above her abdomen.
Hidden Power Type: Fire (31/27/31/10/28/31)
Strengths: Very persistent in her battling. She does not give up easily, and strives to become stronger and have a better understanding of herself with each battle.
Flaws: She hates to lose, but instead of throwing a fit about it, she will blame the loss on herself and her perceived inability to battle correctly. She takes losses harder than the rest of her team, and feels a pressure to do well and prove herself as a winner through and through.
Quick History: Caught in Johto when Atty participated in the Bug Catching Contest, winning her trainer first place. Since then, she's been a vital part of Atty's team composition, and has formed a close bond with Ruby. Atty has told her previously that she is interested in Mega Evolution with her, but Atty has her doubts since the evolution would put her under immense stress. Despite this, the two definitely share the bond needed for such a feat.
Personality: Brave (+Atk -Spd) - Hates to lose
Can Swim?: No

Species: Golisopod
Nickname: Flower
Ability: Emergency Exit
Held Item (if any): Assault Vest while in battle.
Hidden Power Type: Flying (31/31/31/11/24/8 )
Special Features: Enjoys wearing bows on her antennae, but will take them off during battle. Also slightly smaller than an average Golisopod, but still giant.
Strengths: Very sturdy when battling and can take multiple hits, she will push herself to do well and make her trainer happy.
Flaws: Easily flustered. This is especially true when she ends up battling Guzma's Golisopod. There are instances where if she becomes too flustered and embarrassed, she will attempt to hide behind Atty.
Quick History: Atty caught her as a Wimpod early on in her Alola expedition, and Flower has adored her trainer ever since. The two are very affectionate with each other, and Flower greatly appreciates her for treating her so well and giving her a chance.
Personality: Jolly (+Spd -Sp.Atk) - Capable of taking hits
Can Swim?: Yes. She is faster in the water than on land.

Species: Primarina
Nickname: Ariel
Held Item (if any): Mystic Water, which she also wears outside of battle.
Hidden Power Type: Ice (23/3/12/31/31/31)
Special Features: Being the runt of her litter, she's smaller than the average Primarina.
Strengths: She's highly perceptive, being able to read both opponents in battle and emotionally tune in with others while outside of battle.
Flaws: Since she's much smaller than average, it's very easy for her to become overwhelmed and shadowed by larger Pokemon. Although this can sometimes be an advantage, more than not Ariel finds herself taking more damage than she should.
Quick History: She was the runt of the litter, given to Atty from Professor Kukui as a welcoming gift to Alola. Atty was very patient and gentle with the tiny Popplio, showing the Pokemon love and care. Even though she is much more independent than she was before, Ariel still owes Atty and will protect her.
Personality: Modest (+Sp.Atk -Atk) - Alert to sounds
Game-Equivalent Level: 73
Can Swim?: Yes, exceptionally well.

Species: Tsareena
Nickname: Jeanne
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Held Item (if any): Silk Scarf, which she also wears outside of battle.
Hidden Power Type: Grass (13/31/28/4/31/31)
Special Features: A bit taller than a normal Tsareena.
Strengths: She's a relentless battler and an excellent fighter, and will show her opponent no mercy.
Flaws: Because of her tendency to go all out, she often gets carried away and will possibly end up making a mistake.
Quick History: When Atty caught her as a Bounsweet, she was not expecting the cute little fruit Pokemon to end up being a Queen Bee. While she has an easier time listening to Atty and cooperating with her team, she would rarely even give the time of day to anyone else. She especially has a distrust towards men, and isn't exactly pleased that her trainer is dating Guzma of all people.
Personality: Naughty (+Atk -Sp.Def) - Somewhat vain
Can Swim?: Yes.

Species: Scolipede
Nickname: Pandora
Ability: Speed Boost
Held Item (if any): Black Sludge, kept in a glass vial around her neck when in battle.
Hidden Power Type: Poison (31/31/30/11/8/31)
Special Features: N/A.
Strengths: Pandora is very strong and sturdy, not to mention her speed when she can actually get going. She carries her weight well, and can deliver powerful blows without her body type being much of a hindrance.
Flaws: While she does very well against large, slow opponents, she struggles with connecting hits on small opponents who either match her speed or are faster.
Quick History: One of the members from Atty's original Unova team. She was one of the first Pokemon Atty had caught in a real battle, catching Pandora as a Venipede in Pinwheel Forest. Pandora herself is a little bit finicky with who she trusts, but is close with Ruby and is friendly towards the rest of the team. However, she's very defensive of Atty and will attempt to intimidate anyone giving her a rough time, or if she just doesn't trust them in the first place. For whatever reason, she was surprisingly well receptive of Guzma and warmed up to him very quickly.
Personality: Impish (+Def -Sp.Atk) - Sturdy Body

--

Species: Mismagius
Nickname: Whisp
Held Item (if any): Spell Tag necklace, also worn outside of battle.
Hidden Power Type: Ice (7/12/4/31/31/31)
Strengths: Very cunning and adept with Special Attacking.
Flaws: Lacking when it comes to properly defending herself. She often has to rely on Atty for strategies on how to counter-attack.
Quick History: Apart of Atty's Sinnoh team. She was one of the main Pokemon used when Atty participated in contests, and naturally has a love for attention and the spotlight. Although she got smarts, she's still a mischievous little ghost.
Personality: Quirky (Neutral) - Mischevious

Species: Altaria
Nickname: Marzipan
Ability: Cloud Nine
Held Item (if any): Iapapa Berry, kept in a small pouch around her neck.
Hidden Power Type: Fire (31/20/31/20/31/15)
Strengths: Extremely bulky, it's hard to get a solid attack in on her due to her high defenses. She has great survivability in battle and can go on for a long time.
Flaws: Occasionally has a hard time attacking, possibly due to her caring nature and displeasure at seeing others hurt. Despite this, she will battle and attack, though sometimes her attacks aren't as strong as they should be.
Quick History: Caught in Kalos. Upon evolution, she became very motherly and caring towards Atty and the rest of her team, providing comfort and warmth for everyone included.
Personality: Docile (Neutral) - Highly curious.

context: excerpt is from another RP on this site.
"A young woman sat on the edge of the bed, still in her pajamas, watching intently on the information displayed on the screen. The entire city had been in a bit of an uproar since the discovery of the theft early this morning, prompting the Nacrene Police Department to be out and about, surveying the area and scouting for whatever information they could. So far, the amount was very scarce, with no leads popping up as to what had happened. Even though she had plans elsewhere, to leave the city now would be suspicious. She swung her legs, her toes feathering the carpet as he legs barely reached. It was interesting to her really- How something like this could've happened. Even if she was up from the north, Unova was still her home. It was painful to watch one of the highlights of beautiful Nacrene city become a crime scene.

She had been thinking about her decision to assist or not since hearing the news earlier, contemplating the whole ordeal over a quick breakfast. It was now Midday, and she had barely moved from her spot, too engrossed within the stories being played back on the television. Enough was enough. The woman got herself into gear, finally getting ready to go out. A shower, some makeup, and proper clothes was all it took for her to feel far more confident about the situation, mentally reassuring herself that she could be of use, and that she had the experience and evidence to prove it. Collecting her bag and Pokeballs from the chair they rested on, she made her way out, double-checking that she had locked her door."

oh boy thats a lot
If i forgot anything or need to edit something, feel free to tell me. i was also thinking while writing this form, i'd be fully willing to actually RP Guzma and include him in the tourney.

Last edited:
Appearance
  • Hair Color/Length/Style: Dark Brown, either worn down as a bob to her shoulders or styled up. In this instance she has two symmetrical buns pinned up.
  • Musculature: Pear-shaped. 36B, wide hips, and thick legs. Not as much upper arm strength. Soft, young face.
  • Clothing: A pink sheer, halter-topped coverup, split down the middle. Underneath is a simple sleeveless white top, cutoff above her stomach. Her shorts are a lighter pink than the coverup, slightly puffed at the bottoms. Her shoes are a similar shade as the coverup, doll-styled, 4in heels with bows on the back under the ankle. She also totes around a light pink shoulder bag, which holds Pokeballs and other various items.
  • 611103_altoutfit3.png
Personality: A self described "Bubblegum Bitch". While she is outwardly sweet and tries her best to make good impressions, she refuses to take shit from anyone who gives her an attitude or treats her poorly. Otherwise, she's very outgoing and loves to explore, not wanting to be held down by responsibilities or expectations from others. Despite her feminine look, she's not exactly prissy or uptight. She doesn't mind getting down and dirty if need be, and many of her interests would contradict her initial appearance. Looks can deceive.
Strengths: She's bold. If someone is being rude or unfair, she won't hesitate to call them out on it. She also cares immensely for her Pokemon, acknowledging each one as an individual and seeing them as friends and family instead of just pets or partners.
Flaws: When upset, she tends to be very passive-aggressive. This can result in her acting like a brat and refusing to admit her own mistakes, leading to even more complications. She tends to get carried away when getting too into the moment, especially when alcohol is involved.
Brief History: 15 Years experience owning at least one Pokemon, and 11 years experience being a trainer. She left home at age 10, and traveled Unova for about 3 years, collecting all 8 of the Gym Badges. Since then, she has traveled Johto, Kanto, Kalos, and Alola, in that order. 7 Badges from Sinnoh and Johto, 5 from Kanto and Kalos, and 13 Z-Crystals from Alola. She also has a couple of ribbons from her time in Sinnoh, when she participated in contests. Her main issue for not wanting to challenge any of the leagues is the fear of all the responsibilities she would have if she somehow did become a Champion. For now, she would rather stick to simple competitions and tournaments where that isn't an issue. Although she isn't a professional, she isn't to be taken lightly either. She and her Pokemon have immense bonds, especially with the Weavile and Scizor she owns, and she makes sure to utilize her Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses while out on the battlefield.
Family: A mother and father living in Mistralton, and an older brother living in Driftveil City. Although not blood related, she considers Skyla very close since the two girls grew up together.
Love Relationships?: Currently a couple months into a relationship with Guzma. The two met while she was in Alola and hit it off surprisingly well.

Special Features: Slightly pudgier than Weaviles seen in the wild. She's a little bit spoiled.
Strengths: Very precise with her attacks, and doesn't often miss. Despite being under the care of a trainer for so long, she still has her wild predator instincts deep within her, and will try to go for a metaphorical kill if she can.
Flaws: She's just a tad bit slower because of her weight, since she's a Weavile, she still outspeeds most Pokemon to begin with. However, if it was her against a wild Weavile in better shape, the latter would outspeed her.
Quick History: She and Atty have been together for years. She met her trainer as a Sneasel kit during a winter in Unova, while Atty was visiting family in Lancuosa Town. She ventured out far from the Giant Chasm and snuck into the town, hoping for more food. She ended up befriending Atty, who felt sympathy for the Sneasel and fed her treats and dinner scraps. The two became close enough that Atty was able to get permission to catch her, and the two have been inseparable ever since.
Can Swim?: Yes, but not a fan of it. Doesn't mind it as much if the water is cold.

Held Item (if any): A Metal Coat while in battle. The item is secured in a pouch, strapped to a belt above her abdomen.
Strengths: Very persistent in her battling. She does not give up easily, and strives to become stronger and have a better understanding of herself with each battle.
Flaws: She hates to lose, but instead of throwing a fit about it, she will blame the loss on herself and her perceived inability to battle correctly. She takes losses harder than the rest of her team, and feels a pressure to do well and prove herself as a winner through and through.
Quick History: Caught in Johto when Atty participated in the Bug Catching Contest, winning her trainer first place. Since then, she's been a vital part of Atty's team composition, and has formed a close bond with Ruby. Atty has told her previously that she is interested in Mega Evolution with her, but Atty has her doubts since the evolution would put her under immense stress. Despite this, the two definitely share the bond needed for such a feat.

Special Features: Enjoys wearing bows on her antennae, but will take them off during battle. Also slightly smaller than an average Golisopod, but still giant.
Strengths: Very sturdy when battling and can take multiple hits, she will push herself to do well and make her trainer happy.
Flaws: Easily flustered. This is especially true when she ends up battling Guzma's Golisopod. There are instances where if she becomes too flustered and embarrassed, she will attempt to hide behind Atty.
Quick History: Atty caught her as a Wimpod early on in her Alola expedition, and Flower has adored her trainer ever since. The two are very affectionate with each other, and Flower greatly appreciates her for treating her so well and giving her a chance.

Special Features: Being the runt of her litter, she's smaller than the average Primarina.
Strengths: She's highly perceptive, being able to read both opponents in battle and emotionally tune in with others while outside of battle.
Flaws: Since she's much smaller than average, it's very easy for her to become overwhelmed and shadowed by larger Pokemon. Although this can sometimes be an advantage, more than not Ariel finds herself taking more damage than she should.
Quick History: She was the runt of the litter, given to Atty from Professor Kukui as a welcoming gift to Alola. Atty was very patient and gentle with the tiny Popplio, showing the Pokemon love and care. Even though she is much more independent than she was before, Ariel still owes Atty and will protect her.

Strengths: She's a relentless battler and an excellent fighter, and will show her opponent no mercy.
Flaws: Because of her tendency to go all out, she often gets carried away and will possibly end up making a mistake.
Quick History: When Atty caught her as a Bounsweet, she was not expecting the cute little fruit Pokemon to end up being a Queen Bee. While she has an easier time listening to Atty and cooperating with her team, she would rarely even give the time of day to anyone else. She especially has a distrust towards men, and isn't exactly pleased that her trainer is dating Guzma of all people.

Held Item (if any): Black Sludge, kept in a glass vial around her neck when in battle.
Strengths: Pandora is very strong and sturdy, not to mention her speed when she can actually get going. She carries her weight well, and can deliver powerful blows without her body type being much of a hindrance.
Flaws: While she does very well against large, slow opponents, she struggles with connecting hits on small opponents who either match her speed or are faster.
Quick History: One of the members from Atty's original Unova team. She was one of the first Pokemon Atty had caught in a real battle, catching Pandora as a Venipede in Pinwheel Forest. Pandora herself is a little bit finicky with who she trusts, but is close with Ruby and is friendly towards the rest of the team. However, she's very defensive of Atty and will attempt to intimidate anyone giving her a rough time, or if she just doesn't trust them in the first place. For whatever reason, she was surprisingly well receptive of Guzma and warmed up to him very quickly.

--

Flaws: Lacking when it comes to properly defending herself. She often has to rely on Atty for strategies on how to counter-attack.
Quick History: Apart of Atty's Sinnoh team. She was one of the main Pokemon used when Atty participated in contests, and naturally has a love for attention and the spotlight. Although she got smarts, she's still a mischievous little ghost.

Strengths: Extremely bulky, it's hard to get a solid attack in on her due to her high defenses. She has great survivability in battle and can go on for a long time.
Flaws: Occasionally has a hard time attacking, possibly due to her caring nature and displeasure at seeing others hurt. Despite this, she will battle and attack, though sometimes her attacks aren't as strong as they should be.
Quick History: Caught in Kalos. Upon evolution, she became very motherly and caring towards Atty and the rest of her team, providing comfort and warmth for everyone included.

"A young woman sat on the edge of the bed, still in her pajamas, watching intently on the information displayed on the screen. The entire city had been in a bit of an uproar since the discovery of the theft early this morning, prompting the Nacrene Police Department to be out and about, surveying the area and scouting for whatever information they could. So far, the amount was very scarce, with no leads popping up as to what had happened. Even though she had plans elsewhere, to leave the city now would be suspicious. She swung her legs, her toes feathering the carpet as he legs barely reached. It was interesting to her really- How something like this could've happened. Even if she was up from the north, Unova was still her home. It was painful to watch one of the highlights of beautiful Nacrene city become a crime scene.

She had been thinking about her decision to assist or not since hearing the news earlier, contemplating the whole ordeal over a quick breakfast. It was now Midday, and she had barely moved from her spot, too engrossed within the stories being played back on the television. Enough was enough. The woman got herself into gear, finally getting ready to go out. A shower, some makeup, and proper clothes was all it took for her to feel far more confident about the situation, mentally reassuring herself that she could be of use, and that she had the experience and evidence to prove it. Collecting her bag and Pokeballs from the chair they rested on, she made her way out, double-checking that she had locked her door."

oh boy thats a lot
If i forgot anything or need to edit something, feel free to tell me. i was also thinking while writing this form, i'd be fully willing to actually RP Guzma and include him in the tourney.
You mean the man who beats you down, and beats you down, and never lets up? My boi Guzma?

yes That Boy, Guzma

Name: Guzma
Birthplace/Hometown: Route 2, Melemele Island, Alola
Appearance
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 213lbs.
  • Hair Color/Length/Style: Shaggy, bleached white with a black undercut. Black is his natural color.
  • Eye Color: Steel Grey
  • Identifying Marks (i.e. tattoos, piercings, freckles, etc.): Used to, not anymore.
  • Musculature: Very, very strong and sturdy body. Not exactly a "6 pack and athletic" build, but he definitely has muscle. Solid arms and chest, slight tummy pudge.
  • Clothing: Black sweats, white sneakers, white tanktop. Wears his signature hoodie, the bright red X still on the back over the old Team Skull logo. Keeps his full moon sunglasses perched on his head.
Personality: Loud, brash, and not one to easily back down from a fight, whether it be a battle or a real physical one. His years leading Team Skull have given him a strong backbone and a short temper to match. However, due to the events that had taken place in Alola, Guzma is no longer leading Skull, although he still remains in contact with Plumeria and many of the ex-grunts. He's realized within the past months that his beat-'em-up attitude may not always be effective, after long talks with Plumeria and Hala. He knows they're right, but is still stubborn to admit it. Still, he's got a surprising soft side, and has taken their words into consideration, and has been slowly getting better with his temper and the urge of needing to prove himself.
Strengths: Besides being physically strong, he's the type of battler to go all out and not hold back. Even if people had hurt him, he could always trust his Pokemon, and sees great power in each of them.
Flaws: Admittedly, a lot. He's got a bad reputation around Alola and a short temper, often taking his anger out on himself, others, or objects when he becomes upset. He's working on it, but he's still got a lot to learn.
Brief History: Originally took on the Island Challenge when he was 11, unable to finish and being denied a spot as a Trial Captain. He became fed up and ran away from home, eventually rejuvenating Team Skull under his lead. Although he has no Z-Crystals or badges like a traditional trainer would, he still poses a threat. Considering he was the leader of Team Skull for 2+ years, the man has plenty of experience when it comes to beating down others and winning battles.
Family: Mother and father still living on Route 2. Very complicated relationship with them.
Love Relationships?: Currently with Atty.
Main Pokémon Team: Golisopod, Ariados, Masquerain, Pinsir, Scizor, Vikavolt
Pokémon Switch-Ins: Volcarona
Extra: ya boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Nickname: Nothing official, but Guzma likes to call him "Golis".
Held Item (if any): Quick Claw in battle, worn around his neck.
Hidden Power Type: Electric
Special Features: A little bit bigger than an average Golisopod.
Strengths: Very protective and strong, he wants to make Guzma proud and will push himself in battle to be better.
Flaws: Still retains much of the cowardice from when he was a Wimpod.
Quick History: Guzma's very first Pokemon. The two are in constant support of each other, and if one is feeling down, the other can feel it as well. He's been with Guzma through everything, and would do anything to protect him.
Personality: Hardy (Neutral) - Capable of taking hits
Game-Equivalent Level: 68
Can Swim?: Yes. Faster in the water than on land.

Species: Ariados
Nickname: N/A
Ability: Swarm
Held Item (if any): N/A
Strengths: Quick on his feet, Ariados is able to hit in quick strikes and catch the opponent of guard.
Flaws: Lack of defense, especially if the battlefield causes disadvantages.
Quick History: One Guzma's first few Pokemon that he had caught on his own. A little bit quiet, but very affectionate with Guzma.
Personality: Impish (+Def -Sp.Atk) - Alert to sounds

Species: Masquerain
Ability: Intimidate
Strengths: Even quicker than Ariados, Masquerain can be a very hard to hit opponent in battle. He darts around at high speeds, flighty and looking for an opening to attack.
Flaws: Despite his speed and strong Special Attacks, Masquerain has the worst defenses out of anyone on his team.
Quick History: Caught as a Surskit in Brooklet Hill during his trials. He was quick to evolve, and is powerful despite looking sweeter and softer than the rest of his team.
Can Swim?: No, but can skate on top of the water.

Species: Pinsir
Ability: Mold Breaker
Held Item (if any): Choice Scarf in battle.
Strengths: Absolutely relentless in battle, and Guzma knows it. His Pinsir is very quick to temper and will use his anger to his advantage in battle.
Flaws: Because of his quick temperament, it's fairly easy for Pinsir to become carried away.
Quick History: Guzma was very adamant on catching Pinsir, not willing to give up until the stag was his. After a long fight, he had finally won, and since then, Pinsir has taken up a very powerful spot on his team.
Personality: Adamant (+Atk -Sp.Atk) - Likes to thrash about.

Strengths: Much like Guzma, he won't easily back down from a fight. Scizor is a hard hitter and can bite back with strong defenses.
Flaws: Pretty slow, and despite his survivability, its easier for the opponent to get some hits in before he can make a move.
Quick History: Caught late into Guzma's Island Challenge, and has a lot going for him. He's been proven to be a good addition to the team, and has a lot of respect for his trainer.
Personality: Impish (+Def -Sp.Atk) - Capable of taking hits

Species: Vikavolt
Strengths: Devastating Special Attacks, with decent defense to boot. Vikavolt is fully aware of all the power it has, and isn't afraid to utilize it in battle.
Flaws: Very, very slow. It takes a while for his attacks to fully charge most of the time, but when they do manage to hit, they hit hard.
Quick History: Caught early, and evolved late. Guzma was able to catch him as a Grubbin, but it had taken a while for him to evolve Charjabug into the Vikavolt he owns today, primarily because of the evolutionary conditions.
Personality: Bold (+Def -Atk) - Mischevious

--

Species: Volcarona
Ability: Flame Body
Strengths: Extremely poweful, boasting high stats and a regal attitude.
Flaws: Unfortunately, being as powerful as he is, Guzma occasionally has a hard time keeping his Volcarona under control. Even though the two have a bond forming, they still have many areas to improve on.
Quick History: Given to Guzma as an egg from Atty about a month into their relationship. It hatched into a Larvesta, and since then, he has been trying his hardest to train it.
Personality: Serious (Neutral) - Somewhat vain.
Game-Equivalent Level: 65

If @vaultie is gonna be with Guzma... I’ll be with...

I’m not finished, but I’ll put what I have so far here
Name: Danny Michaels
Birthplace/Hometown: Lumiose City, Kalos
Appearance
  • Height: 6’4”
  • Weight: 190lbs.
  • Haired Color/Length/Style: He has black short hair parted to the right, with a blue streak.
  • Eye Color: Blue, but he usually wears shades so people don’t typically see hiseyes.
  • Identifying Marks (i.e. tattoos, piercings, freckles, etc.): None
  • Musculature: He is skinny, medium muscular build.
  • Clothing: This is formal clothes, but his informal clothes are: Blue gym shorts and blue t shirt
Personality: Danny is calm and collected guy. He enjoys Pokemon Contests and battling. He has kind of quick temper, and is extremely cocky during battles and performances. He does this to hide that fact that he has an extreme fear of failure. He loves his Pokemon, especially Sephiroth, his Seviper.

Strengths: Battling, Contests, and is willing to stick up for someone in need

Flaws: Fear of failure, cockiness.

Brief History : Danny departed on his Pokemon Journey at the ripe old age of 10. He received his starter from Professor Sycamore and set of across the land of Kalos. At the same time, Serena did too. The two were rivals in everything, contests, battles, etc. Danny conquered all eight gyms and challenged the Elite Four time and Time again, loosing out every time. Probably because he only had four Pokémon. Danny journeyed to Alola, but despised it. In Alola, he collected 8 Z crystals and caught two Pokémon. He currently is training wherever he can, especially at local tournaments.

Family: He has a mom and dad, and two sisters.

Love Relationships?: Alas, My secret shall be revealed. Danny is in relationship with Serena, who departed on her journey at the same age as him. After he competed in his second contest, the two entered a relationship, which happened around the time when they were both 18

Main Pokémon Team:
Species: Greninja, I know he’s overused, but he’s my favorite Pokémon. If you want me to switch him out I can.
Nickname: Saizo
Held Item (if any): None
Hidden Power Type: I can’t remember how this works. I guess Dragon?
Strengths: Battling and Art
Flaws: Bad at Pokemon Contests.
Quick History: Danny’s first Pokemon, He was given to him by Professor Sycamore. Saizo has stuck with Danny ever since
Personality: Adamant, Likes to Fight. Doesn’t deviate to much from this.
Game-Equivalent Level: 88
Can Swim? (It doesn’t matter if they have Surf. If a Pikachu can swim without Surf, then this is a yes): Yes, and breathe under water.

Species: Seviper
Nickname: Sephiroth
Ability: Shed Skin
Held Item (if any): Focus Sash
Hidden Power Type: Again, I forgot how this works. Steel I guess.
Special Features: Wears the Focus Sash across his neck, it’s painted blue.
Strengths: constricting his opponents.
Flaws: He doesn’t like getting hit with physical attacks
Quick History: Danny caught him while he was on vacation to Hoenn. Danny’s favorite Pokémon.
Personality: Hasty, Alert to sounds.
Game-Equivalent Level: 84
Can Swim? (It doesn’t matter if they have Surf. If a Pikachu can swim without Surf, then this is a yes): Yes

Species: Lurantis
Nickname: Say’ri
Ability: Leaf Guard
Strengths: She is braver than Danny’s other Pokémon.
Flaws: Low attack
Quick History: Danny caught her during his brief trip to Alola
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Bold, highly persistent
Can Swim? (It doesn’t matter if they have Surf. If a Pikachu can swim without Surf, then this is a yes): Nope

Species: Gallade
Nickname: Lon’qu
Ability: Steadfast
Hidden Power Type: Ghost
Special Features:None
Strengths: Strong Willed
Flaws: he’s a prankster
Quick History: Danny caught him early in his journey in Kalos. His original contest partner, only to be replaced by Aria.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Naughty, strong willed.
Can Swim? (It doesn’t matter if they have Surf. If a Pikachu can swim without Surf, then this is a yes): Nope

Species: Alolan Ninetails
Nickname: Aria
Ability: Snow Warning
Strengths: Performances, She is extremely graceful in her movements and combat.
Flaws: not to fond of Battling.
Quick History: Danny’s go to Contest Pokémon since he caught her. Caught during Danny’s brief trip to Alola.
Game-Equivalent Level:80

Species: Goodra
Nickname: Slippy
Ability: Gooey
Strengths: Is very Kind Pokémon.
Flaws: sometimes a little too kind.
Quick History: The last Pokemon Danny caught in his trip through Kalos.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Gentle, Highly curious.
Can Swim? (It doesn’t matter if they have Surf. If a Pikachu can swim without Surf, then this is a yes): Yes
Extra: 2:58 PM

Last edited:
I will allow canon characters. Any head-canons I should know about (besides love interests) that I should know about?

Also, Hidden Power Typing is determined by the spread of IVs (ranging from 0-31) throughout all the stats. There is a calculator in Psypokes that can help you. Right here: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/hp.php (Psypoke Tools :: Hidden Power Calculator)

Just put in your numbers of what your Pokemon should have in terms of the IV spread, and there you go. Or you can just pick a type and not worry about it.

oh jeeze i completely forgot that part

i'll just say here that im in EST, and as of rn it's approx 10:46PM. as for headcanons, there's nothing that really comes to mind, other than the stuff i listed here

If @vaultie is gonna be with Guzma... I’ll be with...

I’m not finished, but I’ll put what I have so far here
Name: Danny Michaels
Birthplace/Hometown: Lumiose City, Kalos
Appearance
  • Height: 6’4”
  • Weight: 190lbs.
  • Haired Color/Length/Style: He has black short hair parted to the right, with a blue streak.
  • Eye Color: Blue, but he usually wears shades so people don’t typically see hiseyes.
  • Identifying Marks (i.e. tattoos, piercings, freckles, etc.): None
  • Musculature: He is skinny, medium muscular build.
  • Clothing: This is formal clothes, but his informal clothes are: Blue gym shorts and blue t shirt
Personality: Danny is calm and collected guy. He enjoys Pokemon Contests and battling. He has kind of quick temper, and is extremely cocky during battles and performances. He does this to hide that fact that he has an extreme fear of failure. He loves his Pokemon, especially Sephiroth, his Seviper.

Strengths: Battling, Contests, and is willing to stick up for someone in need

Flaws: Fear of failure, cockiness.

Brief History : Danny departed on his Pokemon Journey at the ripe old age of 10. He received his starter from Professor Sycamore and set of across the land of Kalos. At the same time, Serena did too. The two were rivals in everything, contests, battles, etc. Danny conquered all eight gyms and challenged the Elite Four time and Time again, loosing out every time. Probably because he only had four Pokémon. Danny journeyed to Alola, but despised it. In Alola, he collected 8 Z crystals and caught two Pokémon. He currently is training wherever he can, especially at local tournaments.

Family: He has a mom and dad, and two sisters.

Love Relationships?: Alas, My secret shall be revealed. Danny is in relationship with Serena, who departed on her journey at the same age as him. After he competed in his second contest, the two entered a relationship, which happened around the time when they were both 18

Main Pokémon Team:
Species: Greninja, I know he’s overused, but he’s my favorite Pokémon. If you want me to switch him out I can.
Nickname: Saizo
Hidden Power Type: I can’t remember how this works. I guess Dragon?
Strengths: Battling and Art
Flaws: Bad at Pokemon Contests.
Quick History: Danny’s first Pokemon, He was given to him by Professor Sycamore. Saizo has stuck with Danny ever since
Personality: Adamant, Likes to Fight. Doesn’t deviate to much from this.
Game-Equivalent Level: 88
Can Swim? (It doesn’t matter if they have Surf. If a Pikachu can swim without Surf, then this is a yes): Yes, and breathe under water.

Species: Seviper
Nickname: Sephiroth
Ability: Shed Skin
Held Item (if any): Focus Sash
Hidden Power Type: Again, I forgot how this works. Steel I guess.
Special Features: Wears the Focus Sash across his neck, it’s painted blue.
Strengths: constricting his opponents.
Flaws: He doesn’t like getting hit with physical attacks
Quick History: Danny caught him while he was on vacation to Hoenn. Danny’s favorite Pokémon.
Personality: Hasty, Alert to sounds.
Game-Equivalent Level: 84

Species: Lurantis
Nickname: Say’ri
Ability: Leaf Guard
Strengths: She is braver than Danny’s other Pokémon.
Flaws: Low attack
Quick History: Danny caught her during his brief trip to Alola
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Bold, highly persistent

Species: Gallade
Nickname: Lon’qu
Ability: Steadfast
Special Features:None
Strengths: Strong Willed
Flaws: he’s a prankster
Quick History: Danny caught him early in his journey in Kalos. His original contest partner, only to be replaced by Aria.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Naughty, strong willed.

Species: Alolan Ninetails
Nickname: Aria
Ability: Snow Warning
Strengths: Performances, She is extremely graceful in her movements and combat.
Flaws: not to fond of Battling.
Quick History: Danny’s go to Contest Pokémon since he caught her. Caught during Danny’s brief trip to Alola.
Game-Equivalent Level:80

Species: Goodra
Nickname: Slippy
Ability: Gooey
Strengths: Is very Kind Pokémon.
Flaws: sometimes a little too kind.
Quick History: The last Pokemon Danny caught in his trip through Kalos.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Gentle, Highly curious.
Extra: 2:58 PM

Cool :D Accepted!!

@Mr.Glaceon. I'm on a completely different timezone than other people here. You and I may share a timezone, but other people's time differs. As the case with Takumeme's post, he posted it at 2:58 pm, but when he posted it, the timestamp for me is 1:58 pm. That is why I put that there.

Appearance
  • 611103_altoutfit3.png

--

oh boy thats a lot

yes That Boy, Guzma

Name: Guzma
Birthplace/Hometown: Route 2, Melemele Island, Alola
Appearance
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 213lbs.
  • Hair Color/Length/Style: Shaggy, bleached white with a black undercut. Black is his natural color.
  • Eye Color: Steel Grey
  • Identifying Marks (i.e. tattoos, piercings, freckles, etc.): Used to, not anymore.
  • Musculature: Very, very strong and sturdy body. Not exactly a "6 pack and athletic" build, but he definitely has muscle. Solid arms and chest, slight tummy pudge.
  • Clothing: Black sweats, white sneakers, white tanktop. Wears his signature hoodie, the bright red X still on the back over the old Team Skull logo. Keeps his full moon sunglasses perched on his head.
Personality: Loud, brash, and not one to easily back down from a fight, whether it be a battle or a real physical one. His years leading Team Skull have given him a strong backbone and a short temper to match. However, due to the events that had taken place in Alola, Guzma is no longer leading Skull, although he still remains in contact with Plumeria and many of the ex-grunts. He's realized within the past months that his beat-'em-up attitude may not always be effective, after long talks with Plumeria and Hala. He knows they're right, but is still stubborn to admit it. Still, he's got a surprising soft side, and has taken their words into consideration, and has been slowly getting better with his temper and the urge of needing to prove himself.
Strengths: Besides being physically strong, he's the type of battler to go all out and not hold back. Even if people had hurt him, he could always trust his Pokemon, and sees great power in each of them.
Flaws: Admittedly, a lot. He's got a bad reputation around Alola and a short temper, often taking his anger out on himself, others, or objects when he becomes upset. He's working on it, but he's still got a lot to learn.
Brief History: Originally took on the Island Challenge when he was 11, unable to finish and being denied a spot as a Trial Captain. He became fed up and ran away from home, eventually rejuvenating Team Skull under his lead. Although he has no Z-Crystals or badges like a traditional trainer would, he still poses a threat. Considering he was the leader of Team Skull for 2+ years, the man has plenty of experience when it comes to beating down others and winning battles.
Family: Mother and father still living on Route 2. Very complicated relationship with them.
Love Relationships?: Currently with Atty.
Main Pokémon Team: Golisopod, Ariados, Masquerain, Pinsir, Scizor, Vikavolt
Pokémon Switch-Ins: Volcarona
Extra: ya boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Nickname: Nothing official, but Guzma likes to call him "Golis".
Held Item (if any): Quick Claw in battle, worn around his neck.
Special Features: A little bit bigger than an average Golisopod.
Strengths: Very protective and strong, he wants to make Guzma proud and will push himself in battle to be better.
Flaws: Still retains much of the cowardice from when he was a Wimpod.
Quick History: Guzma's very first Pokemon. The two are in constant support of each other, and if one is feeling down, the other can feel it as well. He's been with Guzma through everything, and would do anything to protect him.
Personality: Hardy (Neutral) - Capable of taking hits
Can Swim?: Yes. Faster in the water than on land.

Species: Ariados
Strengths: Quick on his feet, Ariados is able to hit in quick strikes and catch the opponent of guard.
Flaws: Lack of defense, especially if the battlefield causes disadvantages.
Quick History: One Guzma's first few Pokemon that he had caught on his own. A little bit quiet, but very affectionate with Guzma.
Personality: Impish (+Def -Sp.Atk) - Alert to sounds

Species: Masquerain
Ability: Intimidate
Strengths: Even quicker than Ariados, Masquerain can be a very hard to hit opponent in battle. He darts around at high speeds, flighty and looking for an opening to attack.
Flaws: Despite his speed and strong Special Attacks, Masquerain has the worst defenses out of anyone on his team.
Quick History: Caught as a Surskit in Brooklet Hill during his trials. He was quick to evolve, and is powerful despite looking sweeter and softer than the rest of his team.
Can Swim?: No, but can skate on top of the water.

Species: Pinsir
Ability: Mold Breaker
Held Item (if any): Choice Scarf in battle.
Strengths: Absolutely relentless in battle, and Guzma knows it. His Pinsir is very quick to temper and will use his anger to his advantage in battle.
Flaws: Because of his quick temperament, it's fairly easy for Pinsir to become carried away.
Quick History: Guzma was very adamant on catching Pinsir, not willing to give up until the stag was his. After a long fight, he had finally won, and since then, Pinsir has taken up a very powerful spot on his team.
Personality: Adamant (+Atk -Sp.Atk) - Likes to thrash about.

Strengths: Much like Guzma, he won't easily back down from a fight. Scizor is a hard hitter and can bite back with strong defenses.
Flaws: Pretty slow, and despite his survivability, its easier for the opponent to get some hits in before he can make a move.
Quick History: Caught late into Guzma's Island Challenge, and has a lot going for him. He's been proven to be a good addition to the team, and has a lot of respect for his trainer.
Personality: Impish (+Def -Sp.Atk) - Capable of taking hits

Species: Vikavolt
Strengths: Devastating Special Attacks, with decent defense to boot. Vikavolt is fully aware of all the power it has, and isn't afraid to utilize it in battle.
Flaws: Very, very slow. It takes a while for his attacks to fully charge most of the time, but when they do manage to hit, they hit hard.
Quick History: Caught early, and evolved late. Guzma was able to catch him as a Grubbin, but it had taken a while for him to evolve Charjabug into the Vikavolt he owns today, primarily because of the evolutionary conditions.
Personality: Bold (+Def -Atk) - Mischevious

--

Species: Volcarona
Ability: Flame Body
Strengths: Extremely poweful, boasting high stats and a regal attitude.
Flaws: Unfortunately, being as powerful as he is, Guzma occasionally has a hard time keeping his Volcarona under control. Even though the two have a bond forming, they still have many areas to improve on.
Quick History: Given to Guzma as an egg from Atty about a month into their relationship. It hatched into a Larvesta, and since then, he has been trying his hardest to train it.
Personality: Serious (Neutral) - Somewhat vain.
Game-Equivalent Level: 65

Name: Maximus (Max) Raide
Birthplace/Hometown: Slateport, Hoenn
Appearance
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: about 95-100 lbs
  • Hair Color/Length/Style: Long, brunette worn in a loose ponytail, slung over her shoulder.
  • Eye Color: A dark, ocean green colour
  • Identifying Marks (i.e. tattoos, piercings, freckles, etc.): NA
  • Musculature: Not very on the upper body, but quite well built on the lower body.
  • Clothing: Max wears a black leather biker jacket marked with replica badges of the gyms she won through the years. A pair of dark blue jeans are worn also, held up with a belt marked with her name. Goggles are worn on her head as well.
Personality: Max likes to move fast, often getting ahead of herself before doing what was first thought about. She doesn't like being looked down on due to her height, but has been able to look past that. Battling was something she always did in her free time, never as a hardcore effect, but when so it is hard to out think her.
Strengths: Max can out think most anyone. She has very good vision and is able to pinpoint weak spots in certain pokemon she's delt with before.
Flaws: Max gets ahead of herself, often thinking faster than needed. She also has a bit of claustrophobia
Brief History: Max was born to a sailing family, her father owning a cruise ship. When she became of age for a pokemon, her father caught her a Febas, a water pokemon who Max learned to love. Over the years, Max traveled by ship from region to region, fighting gyms and helping out other sailors. Oftenly, Max never fought more than one gym per visit to a region making her full badge collection to be half full for each region except Hoenn. Max first meet her second pokemon, a Salandit while on a trip delivering supplies to Alola, taking on Kahuna Hala that same trip. She was barely able to win, but still continued out to sea. Her next friend happened before Brawly's gym, where she found a Gible in the caves. One of her favorite moments was when she was forced to defend a cruise ship from rampaging water pokemon due to a storm rolling in.
Family: A Sailor father, Mother who left at birth.
Love Relationships?: Nah, ain't nobody got time for that, yet.
Main Pokémon Team: Melotic, Salazzle, Garchomp, Shiftry, Exploud, Xatu
Pokémon Switch-Ins: Feraligatr
Extra: 1:31
Pokémon
Species: Milotic
Nickname: Melody
Ability: Marvel Scale
Held Item (if any): Mystic water as a necklace.
Strengths: Melody is quite fast, and has a pretty good singing voice.
Flaws: Melody gets cocky and sometimes overtrusts Max.
Quick History: First pokemon, evolved at third gym battle in Sinnoh against (insert rock gym leaders name here) Simple history.
Personality: As said, Melody gets cocky and overtrusts Max. She likes to move fast and complicated, much to Max's amusement.
Game-Equivalent Level: 87
Range of Moves They Avoid: Most status moves, aims for more offensive
Can Swim? Heck Yea!

Species: Salazzle
Nickname: Razzle
Ability: Corrosion
Held Item (if any): Black Sludge
Hidden Power Type: Ground
Strengths: Razzle likes to swarm her enemies and is able to climb quite well.
Flaws: Razzle often acts over Max in battles, taking action itself against weaker pokemon.
Quick History: Max meet Razzle on a trip to Alola, in which they delivered a package to Wella Volcano. Max meet the poison pokemon there as a Salandit. The two were able to take down Kahuna Hala with Melody the same week. Later on, it evolved while fighting the psychic gym of Hoenn.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Razzle is overconfident, often is quite courageous. She likes to act high and mighty, and doesn't like to be swapped out of battle.
Range of Moves They Avoid: Defensive moves
Can Swim?
For lords sake, it's fire. It'll die!

Species: Garchomp
Nickname: G
Ability: Rough Skin
Held Item (if any): Quick Claw
Special Features: His back fin has four cuts through it.
Strengths: G is quite simple, listening and following any command.
Flaws: The exact same as his Strengths.
Quick History: G was caught in a cave, being left as a refugee from team Rocket trying to Import pokemon to new regions. Max found it and took it in. G evolved to Garchomp on their 9 gym battle against Cheren in Unova.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this):G is carefree and honest. He is very loyal to Max
Range of Moves They Avoid None really.
Can Swim? In a way.

Species: Shiftry
Nickname: Blade
Ability: Pickpocket
Held Item (if any): Na, but can take...
Hidden Power Type: Um... Na?
Special Features: His hair is actually brushed and kept nice and smooth
Strengths: Blade is quite stealthy and fast, often disappearing from even Max.
Flaws: Blade likes to show off, even mid battle
Quick History: Caught as Nuzleaf, evolved while battling a random trainer.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Bold. Blade often likes to show off and acts superior to others.
Game-Equivalent Level: 79
Range of Moves They Avoid Heavily defensive moves.
Can Swim? Not well.

Species: Exploud
Nickname: Boom
Strengths: Exploud is, well, loud. He is actually quite the tank, able to hang onto many hits.
Flaws: Exploud can get quite obnoxious with the noise oftenly.
Quick History: Loudred caught in Rusturf tunnel, evolved later on in a smaller tournament.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Quite loud and obnoxious. Boom doesn't mind taking a hit to protect others.
Range of Moves They Avoid Stat lowering moves and physical moves
Can Swim? Don't think so

Species: Xatu
Nickname: X
Ability: Magic Bounce
Held Item (if any): na
Strengths: Xatu can see ahead in time slightly, allowing it to dodge slightly easier.
Flaws: Xatu is slow, not able to dodge direct attacks well on the ground.
Quick History: Xatu caught as a Natu. Natu evolved while fighting gym 11 in Snowpoint, Sinnoh.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Quite calm and relaxed. Xatu doesn't normally have a care in the world about anything
Range of Moves They Avoid stat swapping moves
Can Swim? No

Species: Feraligatr
Nickname: Al
Hidden Power Type: Na
Strengths: Very strong and good swimmer.
Flaws: Slow on land, and often lacks obedience
Quick History:
Range of Moves They Avoid na
Learning
(optional):
Can Swim? Yea
My rp sample comes later.
Edit: Sample now included.
Frey slowly began to grin at his opponents words. This guy might actually have some skill. He thought to himself. Refusing to let Klein have any recognition of that, Frey turned his slight grin back to a straight face. Uncliping one of his custom pokeballs, a light blue pokeball with a snowflake on it, a Frost ball, Frey tossed it out onto the natural field. The ball erupted into a bright ball of icy mist as Weavile, who landed on his feet and one claw, the other hung into the air. His claws caught the ice preventing any sliding on the slick surface.
"Yes, I agree. Let's get this battle started!" Frey called across the field in a loud booming voice that had almost no similarities to his previous self. Keep his opponent guessing at all times, something he learned years ago.
Also, if I need to lower levels down some, tell me. I didn't have anything to base it on.

Name: Colress

Appearance
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 140
  • Hair: Short and blonde with a blue crest.
  • Eye Color: Yellow
  • Identifying Marks: Blue hair streak/crest.
  • Musculature: Slight
  • Clothing: Heavy liquid-cooled jacket.

Personality: A quirky, but passionate scientist. He is friendly and personable, if not a bit odd. However, he enjoys being helpful, seeking to bring out the best in a Trainer and their Pokémon. Despite having the willingness to pursue his goals no matter the consequence, he dislikes selfish, malevolent people. However, he will entertain them if it's required for the benefit of his research.

Strengths: The power of SCIENCE. Intellect. Logic, etc.
Flaws: Lack of empathy, physically frail. Does not pick up on certain social cues.

Backstory: Formerly a Team Plasma scientist, Colress was involved in several incidents. Once he gained control of Team Plasma, he disbanded it once Nate proved that he could draw out the power of his Pokémon, proving that Team Plasma's methodology was incorrect. Since then, Colress has pursued different methods of drawing out a Pokémon's power, including Mega Evolution and Z-Moves. This has moved his research to Alola.

He does not have any Gym Badges despite being a skilled Trainer. He does however own a Keystone and Metagrossite for his research (which is obviously shelved for this tournament), along with a Z-Ring and both Normalium Z and Steelium Z.

Family: None
Love Relationships: Science

Main Pokémon Team:

Species: Metagross
Nickname: One of Nine
Ability: Clear Body
Held Item: Occa Berry
Strengths: Battling, and making quick calculations.
Flaws: Interacting with others outside of Colress Unit 01.
Quick History: Caught at the Giant Chasm.
Personality: Logical
Game-Equivalent Level: 75
Can Swim?: No, but it can float over water.

Species: Klingklang
Nickname: Two of Nine
Ability: Plus
Held Item: Leftovers
Strengths: Battling and powering devices.
Flaws: Can't do much else besides fight and be used as a power conduit.
Quick History: Used as a power conduit for Team Plasma. Was an assistant at the P2 Laboratory.
Personality: Calm and calculated.
Can Swim?: Nope.

Species:
Magnezone
Nickname: Three of Nine
Ability: Magnet Pull
Held Item: Assault Vest
Strengths: Calculated and efficient.
Flaws: Has difficulty understanding organics.
Quick History: Was an assistant at the P2 Laboratory.
Personality: Stern and calculated.
Can Swim?: No, but can float over water.

Nickname: Seven of Nine
Held Item: Eviolite
Special Features: None unless she is in her android housing, in which case refer to below sheet.
Strengths: Logical and calm.
Flaws: Blunt and stiff, and does not understand social cues.
Quick History: Belonged to Team Plasma and ran most of their important software.
Personality: Serious and blunt. See sheet below for more information.
Game-Equivalent Level: 55
Can Swim?: Can't drown, but can't swim either.

Species: Electrode
Nickname: Eight of Nine
Held Item: N/A
Hidden Power Type: Fighting
Strengths: Exploding and making it rain.
Flaws: Not having arms. Pretty much everything that doesn't involve its strengths.
Quick History: Liberated from Team Plasma.
Personality: Explosive.

Species: Muk (Alolan)
Nickname: Nine of Nine
Ability: Poison Touch
Held Item: Liechi Berry
Strengths: Taking out the trash. Knowledge on Anime. Smelling bad.
Flaws: Overly aggressive on the topic of anime. Will eat pretty much anything.
Quick History: Met in Alola.
Personality: Thinks your waifu is trash, and will adamantly refute his position.

Pokémon Switch-Ins

Species: Rotom
Nickname: Five of Nine
Held Item: Life Orb
Strengths: Operating technology.
Flaws: Spastic.
Quick History: Five was one of Colress' assistance when he lead Team Plasma.
Can Swim?: If floating counts, but it can't dive into the water.

Species:
Porygon-Z
Nickname: Four of Nine
Held Item: Expert Belt
Strengths: Operating technology and a high level of calculations per second.
Flaws: Spastic and annoying. Also has difficulty grasping certain concepts.
Quick History: Four was one of Colress' assistance when he lead Team Plasma.
Game-Equivalent Level: 53
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning: Anything that isn't pure attack (save Recover).
Can Swim?: Four can exist underwater indefinitely, but it can't move in the water very well.

Name: Seven of Nine
Trainer: Colress

Appearance
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 300lbs
  • Hair: Long straight and Blonde
  • Eye Color: Blue
  • Identifying Marks: Several visible cybernetic parts including a metallic Ocular Panel surrounding her left eye in the shape of a sideways U, and metallic tendons that wrap around her left wrist and hand.
  • Musculature: Slight, but strong thanks to lightweight steel alloy endoskeleton
  • Clothing: White Dress

Though Seven has the appearance of a normal Porygon2, she is most often seen controlling a humanoid android. To most, she would appear human given that she has Artificial Biological Tissue covering her body in the form of realistic skin and hair. However, there are still a few clearly not biological components in the form of the metallic Ocular Panel surrounding her left eye in the shape of a sideways U, and metallic tendons that wrap around her left wrist and hand.

One might take notice of her pale skin, bright blue artifical eyes, and blonde shoulder-length hair. She would almost appear to be her Trainer's sibling as they share similar features.

Due to an unfortunate incident in her past, she has been given a white dress to wear in accordance to Aether Foundation style.

At a Glance: Human-looking robot with pale skin, blonde hair, blue eyes. Several visible cybernetic parts.

Personality: Efficient and obedient, however Seven is not afraid to speak her mind when she feels strongly about something. Though her voice and mannerisms may seem emotionless, she is easily frustrated by those around her. Despite her aversion to small talk, this Porygon2 seeks companionship, and feels a gripping sensation of loneliness when on her own.

She is attempting to adapt to humanoid life, and seeks for those around her to treat her as an equal. However, despite her best efforts to adapt, there are a few things she is not willing to compromise. Above all else, Seven values honesty, and will often come across as blunt or harsh.

Strengths: Able to think logically, and remain composed even during tense situations. Skillful with computers and other technological devices.

Flaws: Incapable of understanding certain emotions, often to her frustration. Does not understand a lot of social cues. Can come of as kind of a stalker depending on the situation. Rigid, inflexible.

History:
Seven of Nine was a Porygon2 liberated from Team Plasma. When Colress disbanded Team Plasma after being defeated by Nate, he realized that a Pokémon's strength is brought out by its Trainer. Both Porygon2, Four of Nine and Seven of Nine, were not meeting their potential, and Colress was determined to see them to their full strength. However, this lead to a split of ideals. Four of Nine believed becoming a Porygon-Z would get them closer to perfection, while Seven of Nine felt that sacrificing logic for versatility was not optimal. As their Trainer, Colress facilitated their needs, allowing them to grow in the direction they wanted to.

With the invention of the Rotom-Dex, Colress was spurred onward by his endless curiosity. This curiosity eventually manifested itself into Colress Machine No. 1054, a cybernetic shell designed to house a Porygon-class Pokémon. Seven of Nine volunteered, as the concept seemed intriguing.

Family: Colress, technically.
Love Relationships: N/A

Bios are mostly complete but I'll probably end up tweaking them. Most of Colress' Pokémon have very similar personalities given that they're for the most part all mechanical.

Edit: Also I posted this at like 2PM but oh god I don't usually post at 2PM ever. I'm EST, usually post after work at like 4PM and I generally sleep at 10-11PM unless it's weekends or days I don't work. I'll also try to make note of my IRL status in my statuses.

Trainer:
Name: Miranda
Birthplace/Hometown: New Bark Town, Johto.
Appearance
  • Height: 4'9
  • Weight: 110
  • Hair Color/Length/Style: Dark Brown hair, down to lower back in the form of a ponytail.
  • Eye Color: Dark Brown
  • Musculature: Low, not very muscular.
  • Clothing: Miranda wears a frost-white Christmas sweatshirt which is too big for her. The ends of the shirt partially cover her black skirt & black tights. She wears white heels over her feet.
Personality: Miranda is very shy of everyone and doesn't go out of her way to talk to people. But, she makes friends easily and is very nice. Doesn't back down from a fight when the challenge comes.
Strengths: Miranda is very dedicated and doesn't know how to quit a battle. She's also a loving friend of her Pokèmon and friends.
Flaws: Miranda is extremely anxious around people that are older than her as well as anti-social.
Brief History (Include the regions of which they’ve won championships, how many badges/ribbons/Z-Crystals/keys they’ve collected, and their general experience dealing with Pokémon): Miranda has every badge from the Johto Region, but is still training to challenge the league & champion.
Family: Two Brothers, 1 sister. Mom is Valerie. (Fairy-Type Gym Leader in Kalos)
Love Relationships?: None.
Main Pokémon Team: Eevee, Pidgeot, Butterfree, Ampharos, Azumarill, Meganium.
Pokémon Switch-Ins (basically, you have more Pokémon in your arsenal to choose from in between matches. I will only allow 2): Gardevoir, Steelix.
Extra: Miranda travels with her Eevee outside of its pokeball. They are best friends.

Pokémon

Species: Pidgeot
Ability: Keen Eye
Special Features: None.
Strengths: Pidgeot has amazing aerial skills and is extremely fast and reliable.
Flaws: It often goes a little rogue when battling other flying type Pokèmon, often doing it's own moves occasionally.
Quick History: Pidgeot was caught as a Pidgey hours into her adventure.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Hasty - Alert to Sounds
Game-Equivalent Level: 48
Can Swim? (It doesn’t matter if they have Surf. If a Pikachu can swim without Surf, then this is a yes): No

Species: Eevee
Held Item (if any): White Scarf
Special Features: Eevee doesn't move around inside it's pokeball.
Strengths: Eevee is very supportive of Miranda and makes friends with other Pokèmon easily.
Flaws: Eevee refuses to evolve and doesn't perform well in battles against rock or steel types.
Quick History: Eevee was given to Miranda by Professor Elm as a starter Pokèmon.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Brave - A little quick tempered.
Game-Equivalent Level: 52
Can Swim? (It doesn’t matter if they have Surf. If a Pikachu can swim without Surf, then this is a yes): Yes.

Species: Butterfree
Ability: Tinted Lens
Hidden Power Type: Grass
Special Features: None.
Strengths: Butterfree is very quick and always defensive of Miranda.
Flaws: Because Butterfree isn't a strong Pokèmon, it can't take very many hits.
Quick History: Butterfree was captured as a Caterpie when it was young.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Quiet - Very Curious
Can Swim? (It doesn’t matter if they have Surf. If a Pikachu can swim without Surf, then this is a yes): No.

Species: Ampharos
Ability: Static
Strengths: Ampharos is very gutsy and loves to battle.
Flaws: It doesn't quite know when to quit and generally takes battles too far.
Quick History: Ampharos was a Mareep that Miranda rescued.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Rash - Mischievous
Can Swim? (It doesn’t matter if they have Surf. If a Pikachu can swim without Surf, then this is a yes): Yes.

Species: Azumarill
Nickname: N/A.
Ability: Sap Sipper
Held Item (if any):
Hidden Power Type: Flying.
Special Features: Azumarill escapes it's own pokeball when Miranda is near an attractive male Pokemon.
Strengths: Azumarill acts like a mother to all of Miranda's Pokèmon. Is a pretty good battler as well.
Flaws: Azumarill isn't very good at dodging and often doesn't succeed with males.
Quick History: Marill was a gift from a fellow trainer in Johto.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Modest - Capable of taking hits.
Can Swim? (It doesn’t matter if they have Surf. If a Pikachu can swim without Surf, then this is a yes): I would be a little ashamed if Azumarill couldn't swim. So, yes.

Species: Meganium
Ability: Overgrow
Held Item (if any): Miracle Seed
Special Features: Meganium is the powerhouse of the team and hardly ever loses unless against a fire or flying type.
Strengths: Meganium doesn't back down from any fight and more often than not: wins!
Flaws: With great power, Meganium doesn't listen to Miranda very much when they're outside of battle.
Quick History: Chikorita was a present for beating all of the gym leader's from professor Elm.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Quiet - thoroughly cunning.

---

RP Sample:

Miranda stood, a stadium apart from her opponent with a pokeball clutched in her right hand. Similar to a "thousand yard stare," Miranda was in the zone. The battle had been going on for ages and they were down to their final Pokèmon.

"Your move." Her opponent snickered with a selfish attitude. In front of her opponent was a Rhyperior.

"Go, Meganium!" Miranda yelled as her large grass type Pokèmon exploded out of the pokeball into the field with force. It's long neck brought their heights to similar levels as Meganium eyed his opponent.

"Rhyperior! Use Stone Edge!" The opponent yelled out as the person casted out a finger towards Meganium. In a fraction of a second, the ground shook as large rocks began protruding from the ground, coming at Meganium.

"Climb onto the rocks and use Razor Leaf!" Miranda yelled out, watching Meganium leap off of the ground and land on top of one of the rocks coming her way. Once there, Meganium jumped again even higher into the air where he whipped his head twice. Instantly, dozens of leaves ejected towards the opposing Rhyperior like missiles.

Once the impact was made, the rocks vanished and Meganium was facing Rhyperior once more.

"We're just getting started..." The opponent chuckled.

Miranda chimed in with a smile with her Eevee standing beside her to the right, watching the battle after it's own participation minutes ago.

"Good. Let's finish this!"

All accepted! :D SednaZ, your character will be accepted once you put the timestamp of when you uploaded this post in your extras. And I saw Vaultie's post on her time, so I accepted her because of that.

I will add everyone's bios to my original post, so I can keep everyone's character bios in one place. Soon enough.

This is going to be one long-ass post XD

EDIT: I also suggest finishing up your bios soon, so I won't make a fuss over it later in fixing it XD

Interested! I guess the question is who I should use. Perfectly happy playing Colress/Seven or Gladion. Colress can either participate or be a non combatant I don’t really care either way. Gladion would definitely fight though.

Edit: RP Sample. Tried to find a 'real' fight but I only found a Diglett hoard fight. RIP. (We don't do RP fights very often.)

Edit: I'll probably just refrain from using Gladion. Most of his canon team is popular Pokemon. Zoroark, Charizard, Lucario.... yeeeeeeh.

Upon noting that Viper was no where to be seen, a gripping sensation gnawed at his throat. Hastily reaching to his belt, he released his two partners—Type: Null and the Zorua. They'd have to clear a path if there was any hope of them getting out of this situation.

<He did no such thing.> Opening his mouth, the flying-type expelled a wind of flames in the direction of the Diglett blocking the cave entrance. [ILLIDAN used HEAT WAVE!]

Now, it was time to rapidly cool the Steel-types. Rearing back, the chimera began to charge energy from the pinned fin upon its head. [TYPE: NULL used ICY WIND!]

Although, regarding this, I do hope you don't put brackets and bold words when executing a move. I would much rather see a description of the move being performed, with its name being said or not. This kind of thing kind of makes it jarring to read when reading the battle. Although, it does break it up nicely, that is not something we'll be looking at in the RP. XD

I should give little context to my sample. One country blantantly attacks another, Elizabeth and her older brother Kiran are children of a third country’s king. Elizabeth figures out that her brother is going to border of all three countries to rally the troops of their country to go to war.

It is from a Fire Emblem RP. I mention basara in it couple times. A Basara is a class from Fire Emblem that wields magic and lances.

Elizabeth left abruptly after Kiran told her his plan. The basara ran up the long winding staircase up to her wing of the castle. “Princess, what are you doing?” a voice from behind asked. She stopped dead in her tracks. She knew that voice, it was the voice of her Retainer, Ashei. Ashei was childhood friend of hers. He wasn’t a strong warrior, good servant, or a competent person in general, so Othello was hesitant on letting Ashei be his only daughter’s retainer.

“I’m just preparing to go to festival in a town to southern border with few friends,” Elizabeth said, her face was racked with guilt for having just blatantly lied to Ashei’s face.

“Oh, what festival?” Ashei proded. His brow furrowed in suspicion.

“Just a small festival that you’ve probably never heard of,” Elizabeth said, as she backed towards the large oak door to her room.

“Wait, Princess, I assure you, if it exists I’ve probably heard of it before, I get around a lot,” Ashei stated, he noticed Elizabeth was growing increasingly nervous,” You’re not lying to me are you?”

“No, I’m just in bit of hurry, my friends should be leaving soon, No if you’d excuse me, I have to go,” Elizabeth said as she pushed through the doors.

She quickly gathered her things, her Iron lance, thunder tome, extra clothes, and her down pillow, because she simply couldn’t go sleep without it. She fastened her lance to her bag and filled it with her stuff. The princess slung the bag around her shoulder and sprinted towards the door and made her way back down the winding stairs.

When Elizabeth sprinted through the door, Ashei noticed she had her lance. “Wait Princess, why do you have-,” Elizabeth ran away before Ashei could speak.

Elizabeth found Kiran and his retainers and exclaimed,” Are we all ready to go, We shouldprobably hurry, Bandits would eat royals like us alive if were caught during nightfall.”

You both roleplay really well, but watch out for those grammar and spelling errors. Just a heads up. Otherwise, pretty good!

*Axew hands a sample of his RPing skills beforehand after reading everything carefully*

I suppose I have been summoned again, and I could use a little break from my lovely Todoclor for an RP or two.

I would like to Axew a question before signing up.

So, I was wondering if I could use shadow Pokémon for the RP since they are an official part of Pokémon (though not a lot of people seem to know about this), and it would also add a unique experience to battling and such.

RP Sample:

Miranda stood, a stadium apart from her opponent with a pokeball clutched in her right hand. Similar to a "thousand yard stare," Miranda was in the zone. The battle had been going on for ages and they were down to their final Pokèmon.

"Your move." Her opponent snickered with a selfish attitude. In front of her opponent was a Rhyperior.

"Go, Meganium!" Miranda yelled as her large grass type Pokèmon exploded out of the pokeball into the field with force. It's long neck brought their heights to similar levels as Meganium eyed his opponent.

"Rhyperior! Use Stone Edge!" The opponent yelled out as the person casted out a finger towards Meganium. In a fraction of a second, the ground shook as large rocks began protruding from the ground, coming at Meganium.

"Climb onto the rocks and use Razor Leaf!" Miranda yelled out, watching Meganium leap off of the ground and land on top of one of the rocks coming her way. Once there, Meganium jumped again even higher into the air where he whipped his head twice. Instantly, dozens of leaves ejected towards the opposing Rhyperior like missiles.

Once the impact was made, the rocks vanished and Meganium was facing Rhyperior once more.

"We're just getting started..." The opponent chuckled.

Miranda chimed in with a smile with her Eevee standing beside her to the right, watching the battle after it's own participation minutes ago.

"Good. Let's finish this!"

A young woman sat on the edge of the bed, still in her pajamas, watching intently on the information displayed on the screen. The entire city had been in a bit of an uproar since the discovery of the theft early this morning, prompting the Nacrene Police Department to be out and about, surveying the area and scouting for whatever information they could. So far, the amount was very scarce, with no leads popping up as to what had happened. Even though she had plans elsewhere, to leave the city now would be suspicious. She swung her legs, her toes feathering the carpet as he legs barely reached. It was interesting to her really- How something like this could've happened. Even if she was up from the north, Unova was still her home. It was painful to watch one of the highlights of beautiful Nacrene city become a crime scene.

She had been thinking about her decision to assist or not since hearing the news earlier, contemplating the whole ordeal over a quick breakfast. It was now Midday, and she had barely moved from her spot, too engrossed within the stories being played back on the television. Enough was enough. The woman got herself into gear, finally getting ready to go out. A shower, some makeup, and proper clothes was all it took for her to feel far more confident about the situation, mentally reassuring herself that she could be of use, and that she had the experience and evidence to prove it. Collecting her bag and Pokeballs from the chair they rested on, she made her way out, double-checking that she had locked her door.

All of you, as well, great job!

It's alright @Kibago XD I reserved you a spot.

And Ninian, I understand that. Describing the action should only take a sentence or two anyway, or maybe even as close to a four-sentence paragraph if you really want to get detailed.