• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favourite Legendary?

I like arceus because I did the event in Pokemon heart gold and it was terrifying and awesome and I got a dialga egg but I mostly like arceus :)

My favorite has got to be Groudon. I have always liked it since I first got into Pokemon, and I used to think it was the strongest Pokemon in the game XD

I honestly would pick Mewtwo because of its ability to mega evolve into two really sick forms and its so amazing with out its mega evolutions.

Did I already post in this thread? I can't remember...

Anyways.

My favorite legendary is currently Reshiram. I dunno why, I just started liking it recently. Well, case closed.
Oh. and it's part Fire type. I like fire types :p

I have to say my favorite Legendary is a toss up. I absolutely love Mew (Mythical yes, but I assume they still count?) since the moment I first saw them in the anime. When I got into the games (a long long long time ago think I was about 6 or 7, idk.) I searched through every nook and cranny trying to find the little cutie to no avail and at the time I did not know of the Gen 1 Mew cheat soooo I never had a Mew. To this day I still do not have a Mew and odds are I probably won't unless they release a distribution with ORAS and I am able to get the game early enough.

My other favorite is Mewtwo. Mewtwo is just... I beautiful Pokemon and I love them to bits. Again the first time I saw Mewtwo was in the anime and I tried to get Mewtwo in the games like I did Mew, but due to never getting a chance to fully get through Gen I (Lost the games in a move bluh) I never did. I ended up getting Pokemon FireRed and... yeah well I have a Mewtwo now. :)

mine is a shiny
upload_2015-4-18_17-2-59.jpeg
take a wild guess why <.>

Rayquaza. Why? Because I have a love for Dragons (even if their not my favorite type), it's such a powerful beast of destruction, it can rival Arceus, and it's design is just cool.

Suicune is my favorite legendary because he was my first legendary pokemon. I really like him just because he's a water type and really useful for me because I always have a party that is weak to water. There was a real close tie for top favorite with Lugia though mostly because Lugia just looks really cool, and had pretty good defense stats.

Runner Ups would be Mew, Articuno, and Latias

My Favorite legendary is going to be Mesprit. The first time I encountered her in Diamond, I had already KOed Uxie and Azelf, (Being the new player I was I thought nothing of it) But when "She" started the wild Mesprit Chase, I was all over it. Plus I thought I was so special living near a lake with the being of emotion within it's depths. My 6 year old self loved it!

Runner ups~
Kyogre
Latias
Celebi
Dialga
Manaphy
Mesprit_(anime_DP).png

Look! This face practically screams Majesticness.

Last edited:
Darkrai and rayquaza rayquaza because like I said on another post I grew up on gen 3 so rayquaza is a Pokemon I hold dear and darkrai because he is so cool he gives nightmares for goodness sake!

I deleted my old post since it was old and really short and ugh…
Anyway moving on…

My favourite legendary is Virizion (and one of my overall favourite Pokemon).
I know a lot of you are thinking "Why a boring green antelope thing? Why not Lugia or Mewtwo?" Well Virizion is amazing in my eyes, those overrated Legendaries are nothing compared to her. I'm not exactly sure why I love Virizion so much, but I know it all started when I saw my sister battling it in Black. My response was simply "Oh that one is cool". After getting my copy of Pokemon White I found Virizion and caught her, and well I guess after that I was obsessed with it. For about 7 months or so all I would draw, think and talk about was Virizion, kinda like the Genwunners obsession with Charizard and Mewtwo. I had Virizion drawings on my walls, on my books, got a plush of her (and I'm hoping to start a Virizion collection someday) and even had a Virizion wallpaper and Google chrome theme on my computer.
Obviously I'm not quite as obsessed with her as what I was but I still draw and talk about her from time to time.

Black Kyurem and Raikou also have a special place in my heart. They're just so badass ♥

Well, here are my favorite Legendary Pokemon.
MEW :

tumblr_m98zi4oflz1rusesjo1_500.gif

Mew has always been one of my favorite Pokemon, since it's so cute and simplistic in design. Though, it's also because of the "mystery" surrounded by the Pokemon when it first came out. That, and unlike many of the other Legendary Pokemon, its design really isn't leaning towards masculinity or femininity; meaning that more people can relate to the Pokemon and project their own thoughts and opinions on the creature a lot easier.
CELEBI :
tumblr_inline_nrxse74lxC1sr7m82_500.gif

Unlike Mew, Celebi definitely has more of a feminine design. I believe Celebi is also a lot more wide-eyed and curious about their surroundings and embraces nature a lot more. Celebi can also be startled very easily, while Mew is more laid back. My first exposure to this Pokemon was when I watched the movie, Celebi - Voice of the Forest. Their quirky attitude and wonderment at everything was truly nice to watch.
LATIAS :
tumblr_m85eedZxb31qczibyo1_500.gif

Latias used to be my all time favorite Legendary Pokemon, though it's now taken a backseat as the second or third favorite, trading spots with Celebi from time to time. Just like Celebi, Latias has more of a feminine design, probably because Latios was designed to be more masculine. Latias was one of the first Legendary Pokemon I had ever caught and I always loved their design. Latias is a lot more gentle and nurturing compared to Celebi and Mew; as shown in the movie they appeared in, Pokemon Heroes.

my favourite legendary is darkrai because he looks really cool and when you give him dark void and dream eater he can be a pain to defeat

im almost sure they comfirmed the diamond and pearl remakes it would be awesome with mega/primal dialga and palkia I hope they give darkrai a mega

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine has to be Darkrai because of how much of a badass he is! He took on the Creation Trio in the Pokemon Movie and sacrificed itself to save some village. Also it has a very cool design, Black and red was always a cool color combo (Ex:Haxorus,Greninja).

Mine is Giratina, especially in its origin form, but Darkrai and Rayquaza are pretty close behind. It's because I love Dark, Ghost and Dragon types, and I really like their designs.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
Wasn't Arcanine once considered a legendary way back when can I count him? ♥ He's so adorable.
he's like super adorable as both growlithe and arcanine, oh my god him and eevee send me into weak zone.
ddn7er.jpg

Art by: TanakX on deviantart

But if he doesn't count in the legendary zone
then my next one is Entei, because of the movie, I think Pokemon 2000, when Entai could talk and he acted as the father to the little girl, I think I was i dont knowmaybe 12 when it came out and I kinda cried when I watched it because of things going on in my life that matched the plot of the movie haha.

Wasn't Arcanine once considered a legendary way back when can I count him? ♥ He's so adorable.
he's like super adorable as both growlithe and arcanine, oh my god him and eevee send me into weak zone.
ddn7er.jpg

Art by: TanakX on deviantart

But if he doesn't count in the legendary zone
then my next one is Entei, because of the movie, I think Pokemon 2000, when Entai could talk and he acted as the father to the little girl, I think I was i dont knowmaybe 12 when it came out and I kinda cried when I watched it because of things going on in my life that matched the plot of the movie haha.
He was supposed to be before the series got really big

In terms of appearance and nostalgia, mine would have to be Giratina. When I caught it in the Distortion World, I fell in love with it and almost immediately put it in the honorary second spot in my party, next to my beloved female Infernape. Giratina has an edgy yet bad*** look to it, especially in Origin Forme.

In terms of battle-capability, I must say Rayquaza. Its ability Air Lock helps snuff out weather effects, so Fire-types, Water-types, and Pokemon with abilities such as Rain Dish and Snow Veil that benefit from weather. And Rayquaza may be OP in its normal self, but wait until you unleash the beast through Mega Evolution. Mega Rayquaza, when using Dragon Ascent, is as scary as I don't know what in the competitive field.

Mewtwo forever !!! :) !!!
Reason: psychic is my favourite type and back in gen one mewtwo was the only psychic legendary (mew is a mythical)
And also the strongest (until arceus came and screwed everything up)
Psychic only had a weaknesses to bugs and had a resistance to ghost (until they made ghost type super effective against psychic and added dark, I blame darkrai :( )
The only thing that I don't like about mewtwo is that his shiny is green (mew's shiny is blue, you could at least made mewtwo's shiny dark blue)