• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Kale. I'm talking about Kale.

Geez, is the Hunter really that forgettable? Specter didn't notice him in the post, you disregard him in this, and worst of all, you excluded him from the Hunger Games
Hunter is in the room? I didn’t notice that.

Honestly, kale is a head scratcher as far as power is concerned

Hunter is in the room? I didn’t notice that.

Honestly, kale is a head scratcher as far as power is concerned

Well, I intended for Base Kale to be the weakest in her base form among the group. But Comic kinda ruined that, so she is slightly above anyone there.

Berserker Kale was strong enough to thrash Goku Super Saiyan Blue and Golden Frieza at different points (And different mediums). Naturally her max power will be nerfed for balance but she is easily the strongest person in the group (Though becomes a bit crazy and murderous.)

Goku at his most powerful at the time a run for his money.

Nah, Goku has two more forms (Three if you consider Unmasterd Ultra Instinct a form itself) but Blue is his highest "standard" power up.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Well, I intended for Base Kale to be the weakest in her base form among the group. But Comic kinda ruined that, so she is slightly above anyone there.

Berserker Kale was strong enough to thrash Goku Super Saiyan Blue and Golden Frieza at different points (And different mediums). Naturally her max power will be nerfed for balance but she is easily the strongest person in the group (Though becomes a bit crazy and murderous.)

Nah, Goku has two more forms (Three if you consider Unmasterd Ultra Instinct a form itself) but Blue is his highest "standard" power up.
yeah, speaking of nerfing...
i'm gonna have to tone Dirk Strider back quite a bit. i mean, the dude split a meteor the size of a city in half with his unbreakable katana. in his base form, no less. sure, it was an older Dirk than the one i'm using, but the one i'm using has a God Tier... so definite nerfing is gonna happen.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
really?
she's more powerful than Caulifla. and even gave Goku at his most powerful at the time a run for his money. she's got Specter handled where crushing him is concerned.

Nah, Ultra Instinct is where it is at man XD

Speaking of her I am kinda shocked Caulifla isn't here. Given Godjacob seems to be a fan of her if I recall our DBZ convo thread correctly.

yeah, speaking of nerfing...
i'm gonna have to tone Dirk Strider back quite a bit. i mean, the dude split a meteor the size of a city in half with his unbreakable katana. in his base form, no less. sure, it was an older Dirk than the one i'm using, but the one i'm using has a God Tier... so definite nerfing is gonna happen.

Erza is also a meteor cutter who uses swords. Am I sensing a new best friend? XD

Nah, Ultra Instinct is where it is at man XD

Speaking of her I am kinda shocked Caulifla isn't here. Given Godjacob seems to be a fan of her if I recall our DBZ convo thread correctly.

Because having two DB characters would be too much and Kale is easier to nerf of the two even if she is quite stronger at full power. Besides, then I'd be too tempted to have them fuse into Kefla who'd be the strongest character in this entire story (Arguably, don't know Artemis' full power).

Trust me, quite tempted at times XD

really?
she's more powerful than Caulifla. and even gave Goku at his most powerful at the time a run for his money. she's got Specter handled where crushing him is concerned.

Both these posts are golden examples why I’m confused with her power level

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Because having two DB characters would be too much and Kale is easier to nerf of the two even if she is quite stronger at full power. Besides, then I'd be too tempted to have them fuse into Kefla who'd be the strongest character in this entire story (Arguably, don't know Artemis' full power).

Trust me, quite tempted at times XD

Fair enough, fair enough.

I notice you tend to take pairs and split them up. Star without Marco. Dipper without Mabel. Kale without Caulifla. Just curious is all XD

I notice you tend to take pairs and split them up. Star without Marco. Dipper without Mabel. Kale without Caulifla. Just curious is all XD

I'd argue Star doesn't need Marco....*Ducks under table thrown by Starco shipper*...FOR THIS AU!

But I can see your points. I figured Star was similar enough to Mabel in personality that having the both of them would be a bit redundant. And again Caulifla is not here ONLY because I worry it will be too inbalance, even if I tried to nerf them which I am always happy to.

What's confusing?

I just got back from the Halloween festives, 10:00 PM on my side and a bit tired. I'll begin work on my draft but it may not come till morning.
Meaning I don’t know what power level she’s at currently, and weather or not could just smite literally everyone, be a regular fighter, etc.

Meaning I don’t know what power level she’s at currently, and weather or not could just smite literally everyone, be a regular fighter, etc.

Imagine Berserker Kale as Doomslayer in the Doomslayer vs. Master Chief, Hiro & Hunter fight. A big powerful tank who requires multiple fighters (Usually) among out cast to fight. Only much more powerful and more tanky with better speed.

Someone like Thor could fight her and it'd be a show. Base Kale is a regular fighter by comparison.

Imagine Berserker Kale as Doomslayer in the Doomslayer vs. Master Chief, Hiro & Hunter fight. A big powerful tank who requires multiple fighters (Usually) among out cast to fight. Only much more powerful and more tanky with better speed.

Someone like Thor could fight her and it'd be a show. Base Kale is a regular fighter by comparison.
So she can become berserker at any time? The only thing holding her back is herself?

So she can become berserker at any time? The only thing holding her back is herself?

Kale fears the Berserker power she has. Usually it takes an extreme emotional trigger to break through these restraints (Imagine the Hulk basically) and it's something she actively avoids using. But there is (Least in the anime) a "controlled" variant of it that is a less powerful transformation but she doesn't go crazy for it. But I figure that is unneeded for this given I'm using her manga Berserker form which looks identical to her controlled form in the anime (Minus the pale white eyes.)

I know full well I should stay out of these power level arguments from now on... *sigh* But Doomslayer could easily solo anything Specter could throw at him. And Cut Man could take him down as well, we’re he online. Hell, NATHAN MCALLEN could. His only major problematic gimmick is his time manipulation, and that’s (if I understand correctly) from a machine he DIDN’T EVEN MAKE HIMSELF. Smash that, able to beat a monkey, you win.
jesus...
i'm sorry guys. i know i said i'd claimed my last, but...
i can't resist this one last character...
if any of you know web comics, surely you'll know Homestuck.
i was reminded of it the other day, and then thought 'Huh. Wonder if I should add a character to the RP.'
and here we are.
with me asking @TheChildOfTheLettuceField if i can claim the big boi himself.
Dirk Strider
Oh, I know the pain...

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Yeah, I feel that you're making specter look like some threat the heroes will struggle with, Get the drop on him, boom, dead monkey. Have a tank like doomslayer? He could just wear him down after a while. He has mechs? Easy, most characters with an arsenal could blow a mecha out of the water within a few seconds, take or give a bit of time. Ship? Lions, use one of them and they'll blast through within literal seconds, once again, have all the characters with an arsenal fire, boom, It'll tear a hole in the ship. Fire at the engines, downed ship, Fire at the main control centre and boom, Ship is going down. Smash the teleporter/ time control machine, even easier to kill. Need I go on?

I know full well I should stay out of these power level arguments from now on... *sigh* But Doomslayer could easily solo anything Specter could throw at him. And Cut Man could take him down as well, we’re he online. Hell, NATHAN MCALLEN could. His only major problematic gimmick is his time manipulation, and that’s (if I understand correctly) from a machine he DIDN’T EVEN MAKE HIMSELF. Smash that, able to beat a monkey, you win.

Oh, I know the pain...

Yeah, I feel that you're making specter look like some threat the heroes will struggle with, Get the drop on him, boom, dead monkey. Have a tank like doomslayer? He could just wear him down after a while. He has mechs? Easy, most characters with an arsenal could blow a mecha out of the water within a few seconds, take or give a bit of time. Ship? Lions, use one of them and they'll blast through within literal seconds, once again, have all the characters with an arsenal fire, boom, It'll tear a hole in the ship. Fire at the engines, downed ship, Fire at the main control centre and boom, Ship is going down. Smash the teleporter/ time control machine, even easier to kill. Need I go on?
69307ECF-29BB-4E73-AC0B-F3FA85E3B85A.gif

This is actually really hilarious. Can’t tell if your messing with me at this point. Just trust that he has the arsenal to almost easily solo any one character in the battlefield. And you guys seem to think that monkey’s are his main weapon here. In fact, that’s further from the truth.

He built a mech so large once, it’s arm was bigger than the earth

...so?
I ask so. In the words of Yoda, "Size matters not". Look at how many giant robots Mega Man's easily totaled. And I hardly doubt whatever Specter builds can compare to Gamma, the only giant robot Mega Man struggled with during his early, inexperienced years.
I feel like we've got the same problem with both of your characters, Shen. You're hyping Time Man and Specter up way too much when any B-class character could deal with them with just a small bit of sweat.

...so?
I ask so. In the words of Yoda, "Size matters not". Look at how many giant robots Mega Man's easily totaled. And I hardly doubt whatever Specter builds can compare to Gamma, the only giant robot Mega Man struggled with during his early, inexperienced years.
I feel like we've got the same problem with both of your characters, Shen. You're hyping Time Man and Specter up way too much when any B-class character could deal with them with just a small bit of sweat.
You think mastercheif can just shoot down a mech the size of the earth? (Albeit an extreme example)

You’ll see anyhow. This bickering is pointless. But trust that I won’t make it easy to beat specter, if you do manage it.

Uh... yes.
Shooting something isn't the only way to take it down. In Chief's case, climb inside its core and plant explosives to detonate it from the inside.

Uh... yes.
Shooting something isn't the only way to take it down. In Chief's case, climb inside its core and plant explosives to detonate it from the inside.
Why not do the same thing to let’s say: Z and win the plot? Because it simply wouldn’t be possible. Try doing that to specter, and aerial battle cruisers, legions of drones, battle tanks, possible gargantuan creations, and etc.

It’s like saying beating any of eggman’s creations is easy and anyone can solo him

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Guys guys guys. This little debate isn't gonna advance the plot much. If you want to measure power levels of Specter and what not we can make a convo for it XD

I have the belief Specter's strength should lie somewhere between what Shen is hyping up and the downplaying Eevee and Comic are doing. If Specter is a chump that any individual in Hiro's group (Is it his group?) could solo easily it doesn't make for very interesting clash. On the other hand if Specter is wanked to such a degree Shen is nobody of the group will be able to deal with him which flips the lack of interest the opposite way.

Z's a different story. Not only is he an extremely small unit, he's almost completely closed off. You'd need heavy-duty equipment just to get his armor off, which is why Nathan and the others have had so much trouble killing him even when they had Shovel Knight and a multidimensional mage on their side. Plus, his components are also protected individually, so unless you wiped his core programming and exploded all of his backups at the same time you wouldn't be able to do the same thing. Giant robots, however, are able to be infiltrated through gaps in the plating. It's practically impossible to build a giant robot with armor on the same scale as Z's without having several openings.
Nathan did however use the "bomb the core" strategy to take out Olympus, Z's giant flying warship. And he won that way, even if he didn't take down Z.

Eggman is also a different story. His robots are numerous and varied, but this does mean that they all have their own strengths... and weaknesses. Any fighter who's good enough could exploit these weaknesses. For example, the Egg Dragoon has giant glowing weak points, and most of Eggman's machines have unsecured cock pits. The Death Egg Robot is slow and bulky, meaning maneuverability is your friend. And most of the Egg Viper's attacks involve it getting close, with its most powerful one leaving the cockpit exposed.
So in theory? Yeah. Anyone skilled enough could beat Eggman's machines. So pretty much everyone in the RP but Dipper.

Aerial battle cruisers? Bomb them, or destroy them from the inside. Or rip them to shreds with your own cannon fire. Legions of drones? Just a giant wave of enemies, take them down. Battle tanks? Slow and bulky with unsecured openings, if you get inside you can just shoot all the drivers. Or if there are no drivers... GRENADE! Gargantuan creations? I think we covered that. Specter himself, with no inventions? ...gun.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Honestly what I see is that Eevee and Shen want to make their villains as OP as possible from the way you guys talk about this Z and Specter XD. The way you hype them each, how are the groups supposed to defeat them?

But they should be challenges all the same. That's just my view.

Guys guys guys. This little debate isn't gonna advance the plot much. If you want to measure power levels of Specter and what not we can make a convo for it XD

I have the belief Specter's strength should lie somewhere between what Shen is hyping up and the downplaying Eevee and Comic are doing. If Specter is a chump that any individual in Hiro's group (Is it his group?) could solo easily it doesn't make for very interesting clash. On the other hand if Specter is wanked to such a degree Shen is nobody of the group will be able to deal with him which flips the lack of interest the opposite way.
But they should be challenges all the same. That's just my view.
i 100% after with you Sarah. It just seems I’m in a constant state of trying to defend my characters...for some reason 0-0

jade421

Previously Sarah316
In any event, does the group fighting the skeletons/spiders have an end boss of their own? One group has Z, one group has Specter do we have anything?

For Z, he's not meant to be defeated yet. Z's a long-term villain, and eventually the core of the villains in general. He's the semi-final boss that our heroes have overcome before fighting Zeliyis, and that's because of not only who he is, but what he plans and how he can do it. He's also one of the biggest threats we have in terms of villains, including Darth Vader and General Grievous. The current fight against Z won't end in a victory - Team Stark's victory here is escape. Specter, meanwhile, is meant to be defeated, as Shen introduced him as a challenge for Team Hiro since nothing was really happening with them. Furthermore, Team Hiro will soon be involved in other circumstances. Z is and has always been the core of Team Stark's arc, and come Fenrir Far East Branch, Team Hiro will be joining up with Teams Stark, Lora and McAllen.
Why is Z the core villain of the multiversal adventure pre-Zeliyis? Simple. He's done this twice before.

Specter himself, with no inventions? ...gun.
Guns actually often to little to nothing against him as he most of the time has a psychic barrier up that even blocks plasma lances with no difficulty *shrugs*

Gargantuan creations? I think we covered that.
Not sure we did, to be honest

Anyway. I agree with @Sarah316 can everything I do not be a debate eevee? XD

In any event, does the group fighting the skeletons/spiders have an end boss of their own? One group has Z, one group has Specter do we have anything?
The skeletons actually kind of delayed the previous plan... We were going to have them unite to battle the incoming Soviet reinforcements and free Marseille alongside Michael, who stays in Marseille and so won't be joining the main heroes.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
The skeletons actually kind of delayed the previous plan... We were going to have them unite to battle the incoming Soviet reinforcements and free Marseille alongside Michael, who stays in Marseille and so won't be joining the main heroes.

Do the Soviets have a big boss of their own? Some like giant mecha soldier or mutant experiment or something?

For Z, he's not meant to be defeated yet. Z's a long-term villain, and eventually the core of the villains in general. He's the semi-final boss that our heroes have overcome before fighting Zeliyis, and that's because of not only who he is, but what he plans and how he can do it. He's also one of the biggest threats we have in terms of villains, including Darth Vader and General Grievous. The current fight against Z won't end in a victory - Team Stark's victory here is escape. Specter, meanwhile, is meant to be defeated, as Shen introduced him as a challenge for Team Hiro since nothing was really happening with them. Furthermore, Team Hiro will soon be involved in other circumstances. Z is and has always been the core of Team Stark's arc, and come Fenrir Far East Branch, Team Hiro will be joining up with Teams Stark, Lora and McAllen.
Why is Z the core villain of the multiversal adventure pre-Zeliyis? Simple. He's done this twice before.

Ah, and I'm sure you controlling Z has no bearing on his importance here compared to Specter XD

I kind of have to when looking at the big picture. Eventually, all the heroes and villains will unite into three factions - Team Erza, Team Stark and Team Z. The former two will unite again for the finale as the United Army. Team Z, meanwhile, is all the villains - and some of these villains will change sides to join the United Army. Personally, I plan for Cooler to change his alignment when he discovers Z's true goals.

Yeah, the Soviets do have a big boss. I've planned it out, just need to remember all the details for when the time comes...

Heh. Z is my creation, what can I tell you? Cooler's also my character, but when introduced, he's taking a back seat except when he's relevant - such as when he attacks Team Stark which may or may not happen, I'm still undecided. But trust me, if Z didn't have the multiversal experience and stuff he was given before I even found out about this RP, he wouldn't be as important. It's just that he's the one with the knowledge, ability and foresight to gather an army of villains and enact his plan.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
It's just that he's the one with the knowledge, ability and foresight to gather an army of villains and enact his plan.

....doesn't Godjacob have Azula in this RP? She may be "weak" comparatively but I'd wager she could fill a number of those roles along with most strategic villains.

Fair enough, but it does appear you put Z head and shoulders above all other villains by doing this. Kinda undermines them by declaring yours to be the boss of bosses and them lackies. Seems he's more important than this Zeliyis who is apparently supposed to be the main villain in this RP.

Eh, Zeliyis is the main villain, that's why I'm saying all this is pre-Zeliyis. And thing is, Zeliyis hasn't done much.
As for Azula, does she have a giant flying fortress, army of robots, knowledge of how the multiverse works and an engine that can travel between worlds? Furthermore, does Azula want to wipe out humanity on a multiversal scale and create a single, perfect world?

Eh, Zeliyis is the main villain, that's why I'm saying all this is pre-Zeliyis. And thing is, Zeliyis hasn't done much.
As for Azula, does she have a giant flying fortress, army of robots, knowledge of how the multiverse works and an engine that can travel between worlds? Furthermore, does Azula want to wipe out humanity on a multiversal scale and create a single, perfect world?
Specter does have more than half of that

jade421

Previously Sarah316

Nah, but she can influence someone who can do all that. She did take over a city that had been claimed "unconquerable" with none of these resources.

And I guess defining Zeliyis a bit more would help with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.