• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Specter is also a giant man-ape who's been defeated several times by a kid with a taser sword and has no sense of cooperation from how you've shown him off.
And yeah, Azula could manipulate Z, but his mental fortitude wouldn't logically allow that. He doesn't bend his morals for even Risky Boots, who he... has a crush on. They're occasionally a thing. An evil thing.
Zeliyis is more of a threat than Z, yes. But Z is an immediate and unifying threat that gives us our United Army for when Zeliyis decides to get off his ass and start doing something. Think of Z as the Loki to the United Army's Avengers. Though Z's much harder to take down than Loki and is more similar to Ultron... eh it's not perfect but the analogy works.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
And yeah, Azula could manipulate Z, but his mental fortitude wouldn't logically allow that. He doesn't bend his morals for even Risky Boots, who he... has a crush on. They're occasionally a thing. An evil thing.

Eh, if she can manipulate a cult of Earth Benders as a known Fire Bender during a war to turn against their own leader I'm sure she could pick at Z. But we'll need to see how Z and her interact then.

Really, I just don't want RPers who have villains (Darth Vader, Bowser, Azula etc.) to feel like they are just lackies to another RPers personal villain character.

Oh, of course not. Z won't treat them like lackeys unless he needs to order them to do something, which won't be often. For the most part, Z lets his troops do whatever. He knows the relationship of comrades is better than the relationship of master and slave. He's worked as part of a team before, when he allied with Mustache Girl, the Enchantress and his best girl Risky Boots to help Quill, the brother of that mage I've been talking about, destroy all but one of the multiverse's worlds. When he realized things wouldn't pan out his way, he and Risky left. Mustache Girl did betray them, after all.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
I think we should promote this Zeliyis more rather than say "Well my villain character can be the big bad!" cause I know I've likely started a fight there XD. Guess a proper hierarchy and stated reasons why other villains would fall in line would help.
This. What I meant to say is specter has more than half those things and yet can be apparently defeated by one ‘soldier’. I’m noticing favoritism on your part eevee. Heavy. Favoritism.
Specter is also a giant man-ape who's been defeated several times by a kid with a taser sword and has no sense of cooperation from how you've shown him off.
Zeliyis is more of a threat than Z, yes. But Z is an immediate and unifying threat that gives us our United Army for when Zeliyis decides to get off his ass and start doing something. Think of Z as the Loki to the United Army's Avengers. Though Z's much harder to take down than Loki and is more similar to Ultron... eh it's not perfect but the analogy works.
He’s only three feet tall. And yes, a taser sword alsongside good side mechas, wrist laser gauntlets, shields that can block missiles, throwable long ranged explosives, amongst other things.

He has a sense of cooperation, just most of the time not with humans.

...no? Not at all. But from every character's portrayal so far, it makes the most sense that either Z or Negan would lead the villains, and from where we stand Z's the most qualified. I'm going by what makes logical sense here. And through logical sense, Z's the best choice for our main non-Zeliyis villain. Certainly not Specter considering his bias against humans, which make up half of our villains.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
...no? Not at all. But from every character's portrayal so far, it makes the most sense that either Z or Negan would lead the villains, and from where we stand Z's the most qualified. I'm going by what makes logical sense here. And through logical sense, Z's the best choice for our main non-Zeliyis villain. Certainly not Specter considering his bias against humans, which make up half of our villains.

Okay, I think Azula>Negan for villain candidates but that is beside the point.

If you two want to argue this, make a convo. That's all I will say we'll see where the RPs goes and hopefully everyone gets their fair portrayal and nobody ends up annoyed because of it.

Im not contesting the main villain spotlight. What I am concerned with however is you treating my villain and perhaps others in comparison to yours. It just seems like you want everything in the world and more to be capable of soloing specter’s force. And it just feels incredibly demeaning as a result, seeing the way you treat z by comparison

Eh, I guess that's fair, but Negan does already have a loyal crew. Azula could do the same thing in theory, but she's more in the background. When she comes to the foreground, she'll probably surpass Negan. If anything, Z might become interested enough with Azula and how she compares to him to make her his most trusted villain depending on how things play out. Though I have a different villain coming up that Z will trust due to how similar their motives are.
And let me say this, Specter. Could everyone able to beat Captain America take on Thor? An extreme example, perhaps, but the two are on completely different tiers. Z needed an extremely intricate and precise plan to take him down involving a three-pronged assault at everywhere on Z's base, and he's learned from his previous mistakes. Furthermore, Z has yet to take a direct loss, getting stopped multiple times but never beaten in a straight-up fight. What about Specter?

Though I have a different villain coming up that Z will trust due to how similar their motives are.
And let me say this, Specter. Could everyone able to beat Captain America take on Thor? An extreme example, perhaps, but the two are on completely different tiers. Z needed an extremely intricate and precise plan to take him down involving a three-pronged assault at everywhere on Z's base, and he's learned from his previous mistakes. Furthermore, Z has yet to take a direct loss, getting stopped multiple times but never beaten in a straight-up fight. What about Specter?
Z is an original character, so therefore cannot possibly have a loss ratio considering a franchise. That’s an unfair comparison.

Z does have a fully planned-out world, actually. I've been working on developing the Project X Series for about a year and a quarter now. Even in the context of several games, including an RPG, Z's never lost a one-on-one match. He's had his creations destroyed, but in a direct fight, he's yet to take a loss. This is because he knows when to call it quits and how to deal with his opponents. Take the Mion Generator, first used to take Shantae and Maple, that multiversal mage, out of the picture as well as nullify Shovel Knight's magical abilities. That was taken from the first of those crossover RPGs, planned again before I even found this RP.

I think this is getting a little out of hand.

Ultimately, I view Z and Specter the same way- cocky, believing themselves to be ultra powerful and intelligent, yet are getting in over their head. We can't keep bringing up each one as "better". Their equals.

I feel the Villain Gang are better off left alone. I doubt any of them would join Z willingly (Most of them want to go home afaik) and they could make a good rival group to the Black Lion crew and Team Hiro. Z should recruit a handful aside from them and Specter maybe.

The villain powercreep is stupid. It's like kids saying "well my hero is better than yours because he can summon invincible shields" and I know I fed into this a bit with Samuel, but Z and Specter should be prime examples of "The bigger they are, the harder they fall". Samuel, Azula, Negan, Vader- they know what they are. They know limits. Unlike Z and Specter, who showed up to make a big dumb fuss.

Z does have a fully planned-out world, actually. I've been working on developing the Project X Series for about a year and a quarter now. Even in the context of several games, including an RPG, Z's never lost a one-on-one match. He's had his creations destroyed, but in a direct fight, he's yet to take a loss. This is because he knows when to call it quits and how to deal with his opponents. Take the Mion Generator, first used to take Shantae and Maple, that multiversal mage, out of the picture as well as nullify Shovel Knight's magical abilities. That was taken from the first of those crossover RPGs, planned again before I even found this RP.
Can’t seem to find this anywhere. Also, just because he hasn’t lost a 1v1 doesn’t make him undefeatable or immediately stronger than all the other villains through sheer win ratio. Marx has lost 100% of his battles, yet would he insanely stronger than any of our cast for example, same for Zeedmellieumon. And just because Z hasn’t lost a fight yet doesn’t mean he and his army are automatically several tier above specter’s to the point where you think one soldier can take specter and his legion out. It’s kind of insulting

The villain powercreep is stupid. It's like kids saying "well my hero is better than yours because he can summon invincible shields" and I know I fed into this a bit with Samuel, but Z and Specter should be prime examples of "The bigger they are, the harder they fall". Samuel, Azula, Negan, Vader- they know what they are. They know limits. Unlike Z and Specter, who showed up to make a big dumb fuss.
Ultimately, I view Z and Specter the same way- cocky, believing themselves to be ultra powerful and intelligent, yet are getting in over their head. We can't keep bringing up each one as "better". Their equals.
I agree. I just want to continue on in the role play without specter being treated as a force knocked out by one soldier XD. Because in the end, hearsay won’t matter, results and actions within the RP will.

Also, can’t say was specter would or wouldn’t join per say

One soldier, with proper timing and planning, could take almost anything out. That's... kinda what happened to Z.
And Burble, I disagree. Z knows his limits. He knows when to pull out. It's one of the core aspects of his character. I've been saying that this entire time... Furthermore, the Black Lion crew isn't really doing anything at the moment, and neither are the villains. At least with Z they have a motivation that ties them to the main plot, or we may as well send them all home. The villains allying with Z could also bring the Black Lion crew into the United Army. Do you see what I'm getting at with this? I've thought about it a lot.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Here's why Negan would more than likely be the leader (probably temporarily) of the villains.
He picks his allies. Right now, Vader and Bowser are loyal to Negan, and because of this, they essentially become his right hand men. Especially Vader. With powerhouses like these to back him up, Negan would be the leader, as long as these two back him.
Negan would also be looking for other, powerful people to act as his lieutenants of sorts.
Also, Negan would find ways to reward his lieutenants to keep them loyal to him.
With support like this, Negan would be able to successfully keep control over the majority of the other villains, effectively making him a leader, and not a bad leader at that, either.

Here's why Negan would more than likely be the leader (probably temporarily) of the villains.
He picks his allies. Right now, Vader and Bowser are loyal to Negan, and because of this, they essentially become his right hand men. Especially Vader. With powerhouses like these to back him up, Negan would be the leader, as long as these two back him.
Negan would also be looking for other, powerful people to act as his lieutenants of sorts.
Also, Negan would find ways to reward his lieutenants to keep them loyal to him.
With support like this, Negan would be able to successfully keep control over the majority of the other villains, effectively making him a leader, and not a bad leader at that, either.
Huh...that is actually pretty impressive. Props to negan on that one.

So far there’s are three villain coalitions:

•Z’s army
•Negan’s alliance
•Specter's Forces.

Wonder how these three would interact with one another

Which is why I'm saying he'd be the de facto leader of Z's villain faction aside from Z himself when they all gather up. He's able to convince others to join his side better than Z can, even though Z's pretty good at that. Though Negan lacks the knowledge, resources and skill of Z, he's already a solidly-established leader. When they "join up", Z's definitely going to approach Negan's group like he will with all the others - with mutual benefit in mind.

comic

The reason why Negan won't be accepting of Grievous is because he wants to keep Vader loyal to him, and at the moment, Vader doesn't like Grievous very much.
Negan will also probably want to sway Azula to him, especially when he discovers what she can do. Same with Sam.

comic

does anybody wanna recommend an rp to me? because i'm getting tired of just waiting on this one. besides, this is the only one i'm involved in, and i should probably broaden my horizons.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
does anybody wanna recommend an rp to me? because i'm getting tired of just waiting on this one. besides, this is the only one i'm involved in, and i should probably broaden my horizons.
I intend on making another Rp like this, kinda... But focused more on robots, and 'like this' means you can use OCs, or characters from a video game, or book or something. The plot's gonna be explained in the actual thread, so if you want, I'll tag you in it and you can see if you'd be interested.

comic

I intend on making another Rp like this, kinda... But focused more on robots, and 'like this' means you can use OCs, or characters from a video game, or book or something. The plot's gonna be explained in the actual thread, so if you want, I'll tag you in it and you can see if you'd be interested.
thanks for the offer, but i was thinking of other genres. hence the whole 'broaden my horizons' thing. like, something not involving a massive crossover. like... i dunno. an actually good pokemon rp that won't die the moment i join, or a post-apocalypse, or just something.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
thanks for the offer, but i was thinking of other genres. hence the whole 'broaden my horizons' thing. like, something not involving a massive crossover. like... i dunno. an actually good pokemon rp that won't die the moment i join, or a post-apocalypse, or just something.
Yeah, just explaining it better, I didn't mean with the shards or something like them, I just meant that in the universe it takes place in, they all exist on the same planet, or moon base orbiting the planet or something.
Edit: I've had plans for a Pokemon Rp, about Pokemon that have the abilities to change into other Pokemon, so if that's something you're interested in, I'll make that soon. I might make a General Rp version about it, so it's normal animals. I've been thinking about a Rp that takes place in space, the players are the members of a ship that set off into space looking for a new planet to colonise.

That or me, possibly. I'll wait until Burble posts, since Saturday morning will be completely free for me.
By the way, would anyone be interested in doing an RP similar to this but with only indie game characters instead? A more focused RP built around character bonds and the history behind a family that guards the multiverse. Said RP is the continuation of the story where Nathan, Shantae, Hat Kid, Shovel Knight and Maple team up, btw.

Erza: *Sees the skeleton spider* Finally! My chance for a proper marquee battle to showcase myself in this story. I've been in the back burner for too long.

Eh, Link is probably gonna be the one to beat it. And he is just a big foot soldier.

Erza: .....don't take this from me.

@Godjacob Sorry, didn't know you didn't see that, I thought maybe you just forgot, or didn't know who was under there. I was gonna edit my post when I saw you didn't know it was there, sorry for sounding like an ass, hotel wifi sucks.

Nah it's okay man. I have a habit of skim reading and focusing too much on the stuff that only directly effects my OCs/characters. A problem Shen knows about that I am trying to fix XD

Status
Not open for further replies.