• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Kanto Journeys (Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Use Rock Slide as a shield!" Apollo encased himself in rocks as the air swirled around him. Once the wind dissapated, "Now send the rocks flying at Gyrados with Focus Punch!" Rocks flew at Gyrados. All that planning is starting to pay off.

"Wow, sure is a unique way to counter Hurricane, although it looks like we've all been coming up with weird but effective strategies lately" Levi stated as he was slowly enticed by the battle. "I bet Casys will get the fastest win out of us all, he's planned out every move to this fight" "Pinch!" "Nin!" his two pokemon added as the fight went on.

All the rocks hit gyarados with incredible speed. "Gyarados!" Misty yelled as gyarados collapsed. "There is something about these kids.." misty said to herself. "All right, starmie, I choose you! Into the water!" Misty yelled as starmie came out.

"Wow, chasys and apollo are really strong!" Robby exclaimed.

"Alright, Apollo," Casys called. "Return!" Apollo was sucked into his Luxury Ball and Casys pulled out Shiver's Great Ball. He released the Froslass. "Use Ice Beam on the water, then follow it up with a Thunder Wave on Starmie!" The Ice Beam froze the water and Shiver sent a wave of electricity towards the vulnerable Starmie.

"Haha, hey you stole that from me!" Levi yelled jokingly. "Alright Vex, return buddy, Knox is still a baby and needs to rest" Levi returned Vex and continued watching the battle. "Man that was a quick sweep of her Gyarados"

Due to slipped on the ice starmie gets hit by the thunder wave and gets paralyzed. "Starmie hang in there and use hydro pump full blast!" Misty yells.

"You're right, the battle probably won't go on much longer considering starmie is paralyzed." Robby said as he watched the hydro pump speed toward shiver.

Shiver was hit with the Hydro Pump but shook it off. "Now use Hex!" The power will double because of Starmie's Psychic-Type, then that will double because of the Paralysis.

"Starmie, Dodge!" Misty yells with desperation. Starmie tries it best, but due to paralysis it can't move and his hit with the Hex. Starmie falls over and his unable to battle. "Return Starmie, you did your best." Misty said sadly. "Well, you've defeated me faster then anyone else. Here, take the Cascade badge." Misty said as she handed Casys the badge.

"Wow, the was fast." Robby said quietly. "Good job Casys!" Robby yelled down to him while clapping.

Casys returned Shiver to her Ball and accepted the Cascade Badge from Misty. "Thanks." He walked up to the stands to sit with the others and watch Landon's battle.

"Yes, give me a second to heal my team!" Misty yells as she runs to the back.

"Wow, that battle was amazing Casys, I guess thats what happens when you take notes!" Robby exclaimed.

"Hehe, I wouldn't expect anything less from a strategist like Casys" Levi said with a smile. "So Landon's gonna battle her next huh?" Levi said thinking about the pokemon he's seen Landon use. "Should be an interesting fight. Congrats on your win Casts, it was well earned" he said to as Casys sat down.

"Right," Landon replied as he ran down to the field. 'Misty will be quite the challenge but I know we can do it' he though to himself.

"Alright, I'm ready!" Misty yelled with a smirk, "You are in for a surprise! This will also be two on two, you have the first move! Starmie, I choose you! Into the water!" Misty yells.

"A surprise she says, I wonder what it is?" Robby said as she watched the two get ready.

Casys thanked Levi and said, "Your own battle was nothing to laugh at, either!" Casys pulled out his notebook and said, "You know, the whole reason I'm such a good strategist is because of the Unova Gym Leader Cheren. He taught me everything I know and then some."

"Right, Spike! Heat things up!" Landon called as he threw the Pokeball up, Spike burst out and onto a pad, "Now Spike I know you'll have a disadvantage but I know you can do it." Landon called, "Now use Flamethrower," Spike immediately shot a Flamethrower into the pool at Starmie.

"Cheren is one of the trainers who helped take down the original Team Plasma. After that, he became a Gym Leader in Aspertia City." Casys replied.

"Fire against water isn't a good idea you know!" Misty yelled with a smirk, "Counter with Hydro Pump, then follow up with Psychic!" Misty yells as Starmie puts out the flamethrower.

"Oh I see, sounds like a strong guy." Robby replied as he watched the battle begin.

The Psychic attack began to lift Spike into the air, "Spike try and break free!" Landon called but Spike was stuck in the Psychic attack.

"Starmie, now throw it into the water!" Misty yells as Starmie twirls Spike around.

"Uh oh, doesn't look too good for Landon right now." Robby says. "You can do it Landon, push through it!" "Ele Ele!" Robby and Elekid yell at the same time.

'Perfect' Landon thought, "Spike use Thunder Punch on Starmie!" Spike pushed itself off the floor of the pool and began swimming towards Starmie using Thunder Punch.

"What a Blaziken that can swim?!" Misty yells as the thunderpunch hits Starmie directly. Starmie sustained heavy damage but didn't give in. "Good Starmie, now use Thunderbolt while it is still wet!" Misty yells as Spike tries to get out of the water.

"No way! I've never seen a fire type swim like that!" Robby exclaims.

"Landon's really testing himself with this fight..." Levi said sitting on the edge of his seat. "He's purposely fighting with a type disadvantage so he can gain as much experience as possible. This isnt just a fight for a badge, this is a fight to see if his bond is strong enough to overcome a type disadvantage."

"Spike use Flamethrower as a defense!" Landon yells, Spike tries to use Flamethrower but fails because it's soaked and gets hit with major damage, "Spike are you okay!?!" Landon called out, "Blaze" Spike says back getting up, "Right then let's get warmed up, use Thunder Punch!" Spike dove back in and after Starmie.

"I see.." Robby says. maybe that's what I need to do with Greninja to strength our bond and be able to master that power like Ash did. Robby thought as he looked down toward Greninja's pokeball. Out of nowhere Greninja came out of his ball and sat next to Robby and shook his head "Nin." Almost like he heard what Robby had thought.

The thunderpunch crashes right into Starmie, knocking it out. "Honestly, I'm surprised you were able to beat Starmie in a disadvantage like that." Misty said as she called back Starmie. "Well, are you ready for the surprise? Lapras I choose you!" Misty yelled as giant Lapras fell into the water. "What will you do now?" Misty asked with a smirk.

Casys leaned back in his seat. "The rest of the battle should be easy for Landon. As long as Blaziken can land a Fighting-Type move, Lapras will take some major damage."

"Greninja let's get stronger together." Robby said as he shook Greninja's hand. "Now, let's watch the rest of this battle!" Robby exclaimed as he turned back toward the battle.

"A Lapras!?!" Landon called, "Spike are you good to keep going?" "Blaze!" It called back, giving a thumbs up, "Alright Brick Break!" Landon called, Spike began leaping from pad to pad charging at Lapras.

Darrius had finally made his way back from exploring the countryside outside of Cerulean City, having the chance to catch up with an old Pokemon friend of his. He came into the Gym, hoping Misty would be available, but sees a battle already in progress.
"Looks like she's already into one. Duck your head Kinglsy, we don't want to damage the entrance." he says
"Tar!" the Tyranitar grunts, and ducks its head to enter the gym.
"Hey everyone, what'd I miss?" Darrius asks, sitting down near the group of trainers.

"Lapras, jump above Blaziken and use body slam! Once you have it under you, use Hydro pump point blank!" Misty yelled as Lapras leapt into the air.

"Hey Darrius, say hi to Knox, my Trapinch" Levi said with a smile seeing his friend enter the gym. "Pinch!" Knox said cheerily to Darrius as he approached them.

"I defeated Misty fairly quickly, it was a simple paralysis/Hex maneuver." Casys replied to Darrius. Apollo gave a faint cheer at those words. "I also caught a Dratini, but he's in his Dive Ball right now."

"Oh, this here is Kingsly. A friend of mine in Orre traded him to me during my last visit home." Darrius says. "Say hi Kingsly."
"Tar!" Kingsly grunts, and waves to everyone.

"Well, nice to meet you Kingsly!" Robby said with a smile "Gren." Greninja said with a bow, "Elekid!" Elekid said with a wave

"So Misty pulled a Lapras out of her arsenal, huh?" Darrius asked, sitting down with the other trainers. "Doesn't really effect my overall strategy. I expect that Storm can handle whatever Pokemon she decided to send our way." he says with confidence.

"Pinch!" Knox sayed slowly approaching the much larger pokemon now known as Kingsly. "Looks like Knox wants to meet Kingsly, it does make sense that they would get along, I mean Ground and Rock type pokemon do usually get along" Levi stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.