• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Kyogre Lake Academy

"Now Charmander, Dragon Rage! Electabuzz, Thunder punch!" Dom shouted.

Electabuzz charged up its punch and Charmanders chest began glowing bright with the dark blue energy and its tail flame grew. Electabuzz charged forward, but Charmander dodged the attack, jumping up high into the air. It landed on the rock that separated where they were training from the area where all the Charmeleon trained. It finally unleashed its dragon rage, reeling back and blasting forth the purple inferno of draconic energy. The move was so strong, it sent Electabuzz flying back into a rock, causing the wind to blow Dom's hair back. Dom looked back at the fainted Electabuzz in astonishment, then looked back at the golden Charmander, who seemed to be standing proudly. Suddenly, Charmander was pulled off the wall. Dom recalled his Electabuzz and climbed over the rock to see what was going on. What seemed to be the biggest, toughest Charmeleon was picking on Charmander. It was huge, and it had a big scar going from the top of its forehead to the tip of its chin. The two Pokemon began arguing, and it began to get heated, quite literally. Both of the tail flames on the two Pokemon were growing bigger, and bigger, until the two flames were as big as the Pokemon themselves.

"Uh oh, if these attacks hit theres going to be some other Charmeleon caught in the crossfire!" Dom thought to himself.

The Charmander and Charmeleon both had a very powerful Draconic energy radiating from their chest, they were going to put everything they had into this attack.

"Quick Lycanroc, build a wall with your Stone Edge attack!" Dom yelled, throwing out the moon ball.

Lycanroc quickly sprang into action, punching the ground, sending the rocks around the two pokemon. The other Charmeleon looked confused, but then an explosion ripped from the top of the makeshift wall. The stone edge attack disintegrated and the Charmander and Charmeleon still stood in the middle of the circle. As the dust setteled, they both stood there, staring each other down. Just as the sun began to set, the golden Charmander let out a roar, and the Charmeleon fell to the ground. The glare from the setting sun sent a ray of light and it hit Charmander, causing the pokemon to glow. Once the light dissipated, the Charmander was now also a Charmeleon, standing tall among its own kind.

"Congradulations Charmeleon!" Dom yelled.

Charmeleon looked over at Dom and gave him a Thumbs up, before walking over to the Charmeleon he had just fainted, lending it a hand. The two Charmeleon looked at each other, and gave a firm handshake. The rest of the Charmeleon rejoiced to see that the once weak and fragile Charmander had stood up to the strongest of the group. The yellow Charmeleon then came over to Dom, and grabbed his hands and also began to cheer. Dom could feel Charmeleons emotions, and knew exactly how it felt.

"Don't worry Charmeleon, I'll come up the mountain every day and we can still train!" Dom said, with a smile.

Charlie shook James's hand and exited the pokemon center, she made her way past the receptionist, both giving a friendly wave towards each other. Charlie called the elevator and entered it, she groaned as she pressed the button for the roof "ugh, how in arceus's name am I gonna beat somebody like Jason, hell even James seems like he would give me a run for my money. I wonder if Mr. Hanzo has mentioned advanced battle class to them....I wouldn't be surprised if they were just allowed in the class without even battling anyone." As the elevator door opened up, the warm orange rays of the the sunset peered in. Charlie stepped out with her hand over her eyes, making her way to a lawn chair and laying down on it. With a light toss she released her four pokemon "ok guys, listen up, starting tommorow we're gonna start up our training again, and King, Joule, both of you will get the full rundown of how we do things by Dune and Shoe here." Charlie declared to her pokemon, all of which were sitting down calmly, even Joule, who while still on edge was relaxing as if it were to lash out Dune would put a stop to it immediately.

Banan-chan

Previously QueOne
"All done!" June announced as she finished drying off her Durant. She threw the towel onto her bed and picked the little bug Pokemon up, holding her in front of the mirror. "Good as new. You look like a queen!" Durant gave June satisfied click. "I'm glad you like it," June said with a grin, "because today‘s the only day I’m doing this. Let’s go get something to eat.”

June quickly made her way to the dining hall, grabbed a couple servings of food, and immediately went back to her room. She laid a bowl on the floor for her Pokemon, and they ate together in silence, watching day give way to night. After a while, June spoke. "Our first battle was a real disaster, huh?" Durant only acknowledged her with a sidelong glance. "Your Iron Head was lousy. That Drapion recovered from it in an instant," June continued, trying to probe for a reaction. The small Pokémon still gave her nothing. At this point, June decided to cut right to the chase . “Look, I know that you aren’t invested in this,” she said. “But I am. I want to do well here. So will you try, for my sake?”

To her surprise, this seemed to do the trick. Durant looked at her full in the eyes and gave her a nod of assent. “Thank you!” June said happily, giving her Pokémon a pat on the head. She told Durant her plan. “We’ll train every night starting from today. It’ll be just like when we first met!”

Last edited:
"I'm not, actually, I've got nothing to do for the rest of the day, the Receptionist took care of what I had to do, which was get Jason a Letter and a TR for Body Press." James explained, "I fought Carmen in Battle Class, and she had a blue Coalossal."

James then shook hands with Charlie, and Let Fomantis, Scyther, and Sceptile out. When he stood outside, He then spotted a Salamence flying in the sky, headed straight towards James.

"Is it me or is that a Salamence headed straight for us?"

James was a little concerned, and thought hard.

----

Jason had been sitting, wondering about what Steven Stone meant when he said to experience the life of a typical teenager, not as Steven Stone's young counterpart. He knew he was not a typical teenager, far from it. He was a powerful trainer and one of the scariest in his class, several second years looked over at Reese when Jason looked at them with the scariest glare he could muster. Scrafty popped out of his Pokéball to place emphasis on the glare. When they looked to what they seemed to be doing, Scrafty approached Reese. The Hoodlum Pokémon gave a wave and waited as well.

"Odd, Scrafty isn't too trusting of other people," Jason responded, "Scrafty, you good?"

Scrafty nodded as he sat down between the chairs.

"I've been thinking about something that Steven Stone said to me, experiencing the life of a typical teenager." Jason asked.

-----

"That make sense," Emma responded, "We have Beedrill at home,, but trying to get anything out of them pisses them off."

Emma made sure Togetic was on her head as she looked around. As she looked around, she saw various Pokémon, mostly small rock such as Roggenrola and Geodude, fire types such as Numel and Torkoal, Ground types such as Diglett and Onix, steel types such as Duraludon and Corviknight, normal types such as Wooloo and Bunnelby, and occasionally fairy types such as Mawile and Snubbull.

"Some members of these Pokémon species were targeted by the arrests I was behind." Emma looked when she saw them, and saw a Wooloo, "Aww, look Jack, a Flock of Wooloo!"

Thomas turned to Hokori before he looked at the Poke ball that contained his latest catch. "I dunno, my parents always said that I had a way with Pokemon. I guess that just means I have a decent understanding when it comes to some of them, almost reminds me of the day I caught Steelix back when he was an Onix." He said with a look of nostalgia in his voice before he heard her mention Dreepy's evolved form.

"Drakloak eh? Sounds interesting, especially knowing I have a Dragon and Ghost type on my team. As for what Rotom said, I have to agree, but the Pokemon is still young and it did say with the help of friends it'll get even stronger." He said before he put the Poke ball in his pocket. "Speaking of friends, it is true that they can help one another get stronger. It'd be dumb for me to ask if you wanna be friends as it seems like we already are." Thomas states as he looks at Hokori with a friendly smile.

“Hm?” Jack looked over to where Emma was looking. “Oh, haha, they’re adorable, aren’t they? I don’t usually see Wooloo back at Sinnoh…this island is going to hold my first encounters with many different Pokémon. And Wooloo are from…Galar, correct? That’s pretty far from Sinnoh…” Jack watched as the Wooloo bent down and began chewing the grass.

Alex nodded to Dom and put away the ocarina. "Glad to be of assistance." Memorizing the shape and feel of Dom's aura, Alex stood back up as well, the various Pokemon scattering. "And I look forward to talking when next we meet."
Dusting himself off, Alex decided he would go back to the spot where he felt the Lapras' aura. "If we're lucky, we may have a new teammate soon."
Arriving at the waters edge, Alex knelt down once more and played his ocarina. The shiny Lapras surfaced shortly after and approached him, interested in the human playing this strange instrument. She was soon close enough to touch and she touched his head with her nose. Feeling the cool skin against his head, Alex once again stopped playing, this time greeting the Pokemon in front of him with a small smile. "Hello there."
Lapras was confused by this reaction. Any and every other human she encountered would seem to immediately lose their senses at the sight of her unique coloring and start throwing PokeBalls at her in an attempt to catch her. Yet this human, odd as it was to her, did not seem interested in her unique coloring and remained calm and collected as he reached up and pet her cheek with a quiet hand. "It's nice to officially meet you Lapras, I'm Alexander Tempest and these two are Aria and Gwen." It wasn't until Lapras saw Alex's eyes that she realized he was blind and therefore, was unable to actually see her.
"I was actually wondering if you would be interested in joining the three of us." Alex continued, holding an empty PokeBall to the Lapras. "I won't force you to come with us, it's your choice after all."
Given the chance to live without being constantly chased, Lapras agreed and touched the PokeBall with her nose, promptly disappearing in a flash of white. The ball clicked immediately after it closed, the Lapras not resisting in the slightest. "Welcome to the family, Nessie." With a smile on his face, Alex named his new teammate and made his way to the dorm building cafeteria.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
“Hmm?” Reese hummed distractedly as she finished writing her note with a flourish, revealing messy, nigh-unreadable handwriting. She stuck her pencil behind her ear, folded her notebook, and let it fall back on the chain it was secured on. “Oh, hey there again!” She blinked down at the Scrafty with a smile, completely oblivious to the second-years who’d been staring earlier. The girl slid down the back of her chair to sit slightly more normally, one leg curled beneath her as she bent down to pat the Scrafty on the head.

Reese turned her attention to what Jason had said, mentally skimming over the Steven Stone part and her desire to fangirl over the fact that he’d met a Champion, reminding herself that it made sense, since he was practically a Champion himself. She refocused, eyes glazed over thoughtfully as she considered, then tilted her head. “Typical teen, huh?” she repeated back, face splitting in a grin. “Not like we’d know much about that, huh? I never really had a normal kid life, always moving and getting down in the dirt. Sometimes I wonder what it’d have been like, though…” Her tone turned a little wistful, but she shook her head, and her smile returned. “Anyways. I’m talking too much, what about you?”

"Correct, I was in Galar with My mom and Sister, the boys went elsewhere, due to a cross region event needing Frontier Brains," Emma explained, "Closest Region to Galar is Kalos, and very far from Sinnoh, I would probably freeze if I went there for too long, I'm from Hoenn, a tropical Island home to species like Sceptile, Metagross, Salamence and Tropius."

Emma had seen the flock, chewing along, as she walked along. Being careful, as she knew they roll around. She then saw the Duraludon, who waved over to a Dubwool who had been watching the flock of Wooloo.

"Here's something, Wooloo don't walk, they roll around." Emma explained, "A Duraludon? Odd, what Pokémon live on this island?"

-‐---

The Salamence landed in front of James, as Laura hopped off in worry. She returned Salamence as she got off, headed to find Ivan. She passed James as she went into the dorm building, he had been looking around the Building. She arrived at dorm 108 and Knocked.

-------

"Dad's a Frontier Brain, and I am Steven Stone's counterpart for our age," Jason responded, "so we're both in the same boat."

Jason held Metagross's Pokéball as he said, "None of my siblings know about that subject either, James almost won a Grand Festival, and Emma's behind Thirteen arrests, Laura is a master Breeder, and somehow bred a Magmortar with a Cacturne without Cacturne catching on fire."

Jason had been sitting, trying to take a page from Emma's book.

"Scraf?"

"Scrafty, she's good, don't worry about her, and if those second years try anything, they've got another thing coming." He whispered to his Pokémon.

A Galarian Slowking walked up to them, with Beheeyem as well.

"Heeyem, Beheeyem!" The Psychic type called out.

"King, Slowking!"

"Scrafty, Scraf, Fty?"

"Reese, I think they're trying to tell us something."

"Seems like Pokémon from all regions gather here. This island really is exotic..." Jack then felt the sun hit the side of his face. "Ah, looks like the sun is setting...we may not have time for that grotto. Maybe another day, we'll see it." He started walking back to the dorms, before turning his head. "Thanks for today. It was fun. Oh, and Sinnoh's not too bad if you bundle up. I should show it to you sometime." He smiled, before continuing to head to the dorms.

=Nightshade=

“Seems like your family’s just as hype as you,” Reese said cheerfully, offhand.

Rune and Riot broke off their Pokémon-speak background bickering as the two psychic-types approached, floating down on either side of Reese inquisitively. The girl tilted her head at the Pokémon newcomers, almost as if she could understand them. She couldn’t, of course, but she could imagine what they might be saying, giving them little voices in her head.

The fossils are done! Beheeyem might be saying. Yeah, come catch them! Maybe the Slowking was agreeing. And perhaps Scrafty was getting excited, like wow, no way! Among other dialogues, this was probably the most prominent in Reese’s mind. “Maybe they’re saying the fossils are done!” she suggested, as such, springing up out of her seat and whipping out her Pokeball.

"Well, I guess it's got the perfect friends to help it, then!" Hokori decided to say as Thomas put the Dreepy's pokeball into his pocket, before she paused at his statement and eventually returned his smile, trying to hide a small blush of excitement from what he said about them being friends already.
"Right, yeah, I'd hope so! Partly because I'd be really lonely otherwise... " She soon replied, trying to figure what to say now.

"Well, is there anything else you wanted to do here, or is it time to head back, friend?" She soon decided to check, stretching an arm upwards while getting to walk goodness knows where.

Emma turned around to see Jack heading back.

"Definitely, and we wouldn't need a campfire, I have Volcarona, I could show you Hoenn as well, we could even see the Battle Frontier," Emma then continued, "It was fun today, we even met a Tyranitar and its family without anything going wrong, other than helping the family, I caught a Dream Pokémon for me, and an eventual catch for the future."

Togetic looked over Emma's and Jack's heads, flying over their heads as she caught up to him.

-----

"Is that what you mean to tell us?" Jason asked the Beheeyem, "The Fossils are done."

The Beheeyem nodded as Jason jumped from his seat, Scrafty called out to Jason and Reese as Jason called out to her.

"Let's go!" Jason responded, "We should meet our New Pokémon!"

Jason had been headed to the lab, but slowed down for Reese to catch up.

Ivan hears a knock at the door and stands up to answer, while his pokemon continue to play. He slightly opens the door to see Laura, he opens it all the way to greet his roommate.

"Hey, Laura come on in, how was your day?"

"Oh, you'd do that?" Jack seemed a little taken aback. "You can just bring whoever you want to the Battle Frontier?" Then he paused. "Well, regardless, I'm glad you had as much fun as I did. I hope we can do more things like this in the future."

=Nightshade=

“Oh yeahhhhh!” Reese squeaked as she bounded into motion. “I’m so excited!!”

She skidded to a halt beside Jason as Beheeyem and Slowking stopped in front of a door. Squirming in anticipation as the door swung inward, she craned her neck over Beheeyem’s shoulder to peek inside. She was met with a second-long view of a Shieldon and a Kabuto on top of a marble counter, surrounded by curious devices, before her eyes were obstructed by scrabbling, tiny yellow claws.

“Eek!” Reese part-screamed, mostly giggled. She pried the Kabuto off her face, its struggles launching it into the wall of the hallway behind her. It bounced off the wall by the shell, and it fell to the ground then attempted to skitter between her legs, back into the lab. Rune and Riot were fully prepared to attack, but instead of giving an order, Reese launched herself at the Shellfish Pokémon, managing to get ahold of it. She sat up, hair disheveled, with a look like a kid who found a piece of candy in their bag on her face, triumphant. The Kabuto didn’t seem to mind its new location, the hyper mid-air motoring of its legs slowing.

Reese tapped the button of the Pokeball to the Kabuto’s shell, and it disappeared in a flash of green. She set the Pokeball down as it shook, once, twice, thrice… and then it was still with an audible click. She held it up to an invisible camera and said “I just caught… a Kabuto!” (joke pls laugh ha ha ha funny) “You’re a little crazy, aren’t you?” she said to the Pokeball as she picked it up, grinning. “Bouncing off the walls— hey! That’s a good name. You’ll be Ricochet!”

Oblivious until now as to whatever else was going on, Reese’s head up with a start, looking around like a confused owl to see if Jason had fared any easier with his Shieldon.

"I flew around after you left, seeing some of the sights, I spotted Emma and Jack doing some traveling around one of the areas, James was doing his thing, and saw Jason flying around on his Metagross, with the Girl with the Golurk that nearly took me out at dinner last night, several other people were about doing their things."

Laura's new Ditto popped out of its Pokéball, and immediately turned into a Treecko, a Shiny Treecko and hopped on Laura's shoulder. She noticed the Pokémon.

"Hello, what are you guys doing?" Laura asked the Pokémon.

-----

Emma responded to Jack who looked quite surprised when she said something about the Battle Frontier.

"My Dad's a Frontier Brain, you could be considered a Guest," Emma responded, "The View from the Top of the Battle Maze is an amazing View."

Emma looked at something out ahead, "Is it me or is there a Shiny Steelix outside the Dorms?"

The dorm Building was coming into view, as Togetic hid behind Emma's head, thinking that the Steelix was super scary.

James had opened up Steelix's pokeball, sitting on his head just in case a wild Pokémon appeared.

----

Jason had walked into the room as well, returning Scrafty as his heavy ball was returned by Porygon2, and he noticed something was off, the shield was a dark blue. He then threw the heavy ball at Shieldon, it shook once then clicked. Jason was a bit surprised. He picked up Shieldon's Heavy Ball, and opened it, allowing the Rock and Steel type to walk alongside him as he approached Reese.

"Hey, Reese, Shieldon's shield is Dark blue."

Shieldon looked around, and hid behind the nearest creature it considered safe, which was Jason. He then picked up the Pokémon, and held it close to him as he waited for Reese, who seemed to have caught Kabuto.

"A Steelix?" Jack squinted, and saw that there was, in fact, a Shiny Steelix outside the dorms. "No, I don't think that's just you. Do you know that guy?" Jack looked to Emma and gestured towards the boy sitting on top of the Steelix's head.

=Nightshade=

Woooaaaah!” Reese said, starry-eyed as she peeked over Jason’s shoulder at the Pokeball he held. “It’s a shiny!! That’s so coooool!” Her voice was slowly rising in pitch as she absorbed everything around her like a sponge, from the unique coloring of the Shieldon to the shiny lab equipment to the comfortable weight of the Pokeball in her hand. “I gotta— gotta document this! Gotta write this stuff down—”

Reese fumbled with her pencil, pulling it out from where it was tangled in a knot of brown-and-green hair. She whipped out her notebook and began frantically scribbling down her observations, taking a little longer to sketch out a Shieldon and label the colors and how they differed from the majority. Her tongue stuck out slightly as she turned the notebook to cram more writing in the margins.

“Only my first day here and already so much stuff has happened,” Reese said breathlessly, tucking her notes back away. “Already found a mineral-rich potential dig site, fossil Pokémon… figured out where the Science wing is, which is definitely progress in figuring out the school’s layout… and the day’s not even done yet!” She sighed happily and fell back into a chair. “I’m glad I came here, but boy am I gonna be exhausted tonight.”

"Emma?" James asked.

"It's just James," Emma responded as Togetic kept on her head.

James then saw Emma and Jack and met them, "Hello, I'm James, Emma's brother, My buddy here caused quite the rumble this morning."

James looked at the two from atop the Steel and Ground type, who waved his tail towards Emma and Jack. Vulpix popped out of its Pokéball, giving off a yip.

"You caught a Vulpix?" Emma asked.

"Yes, while I was doing stuff, and you've seen Jason?"

"No."

------

"A shiny, I've not had that occur since I Caught Scrafty, this was a surprise." Jason responded.

He was processing the fact that his brand new teammate was a Shiny of a Fossil species. He held his Shieldon so the Shield Pokémon didn't either scare a Pokémon, or spook someone. The young Pokémon looked around with wide eyes, as Jason looked down at the little Pokémon.

"I'll have to fully introduce you to the team at some point, for right now, I'll let you down, so you can walk around, okay, Shieldon?"

The Shield Pokémon looked at Jason who let him down, the young Pokémon kept close to Jason as he looked down then at Reese.

"Me too, but it's been a good day, spending it with you." Jason responded, a tinge of pink on his face, "I'm surprised you remembered me."

Arriving at the dorm building, Alex felt a familiar presence as well as some that were new. "Hey James!" Calling up to his roommate, Alex continued. "I caught Nessie!"
Turning to the others Alex introduced himself. "Hey, I'm Alex. Are you friends of James?"

Ivan's pokemon waved at Laura except for Koji who looked at the Treecko on her shoulder and began to circle Laura to get a better look at it. Ace and Skid thought that Koji behavior was rude, while Gobi was thought it was funny.

"We're just playing blackjack, I was teaching ace and Gobi how to play. Ace is a natural and Gobi is... he's doing his best is all I can say." Ivan said as he started to chuckle, he stopped and looked down for a while before speaking.

"Hey, about what happened on the beach today, sorry if that was weird. When I called you... well you know what I said, It sorta just came out of my mouth without warning." Ivan be scratched the back of his neck while looking at the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hey, Alex. It's been a minute." Jack greeted. "Oh, Alex and I met on the first day." He explained to everyone else. "It's nice to meet you, James. I'm Jack. And you two are related, correct?" Jack asked, as he looked up at the massive Steelix.

"It's good to see you again Jack. Not that I can actually see any of you." Looking past him, Alex noticed Emma and asked. "I hope it isn't rude, but is she your girlfriend?" As he said this, Aria and Gwen started giggling to themselves.

Last edited:
As Dom walked down the path that leads back to the Dorms, he noticed everyone grouped up right by the entrance.

“Hey everyone.” Dom said, but he was just waving.

Dom kept on to his room and got ready again for his night training with Hanzo. He let out all his Pokémon again.

“Alright, me and Lycanroc are gonna go again. Electabuzz, now that you’re a bit bigger, I want you to pretend to be me asleep.” Dom said, as he changed out of his uniform.

He put on a T-shirt and shorts and got ready to leave. Electabuzz layed in the bed and covered it’s entire body, not super convincing but it would do for now. Krabby and Sliggoo went back to their own places, but again, Krabby seemed uncomfortable.

“Hold on Krabby, I think I know what I can do for now.” Dom said.

Before leaving, Dom ran down to the Kitchen where all the cooks were cooking and cleaning and asked if they had any spare glass bowls, and they handed him what seemed to be just big enough. Dom went upstairs and filled it up halfway with water, and brought it back to his room.

“Here, I’ll find a better solution soon. Hopefully this will be good enough until we get something better.” Dom said.

Krabby seemed satisfied for now. Dom left and got back into the lobby. He walked around the back and went into the lobby bathrooms, and crawled out of the window.

“Right, let’s go! We’ll be early.” Dom said.

Lycanroc nodded and the two began their sprint towards the stadium.

“Hm?” Jack also looked behind him, and saw Emma. He quickly turned back to Alex, “O-Oh, no, it’s not like that.” He blushed and nervously chuckled. “Emma and I are just friends. We just went to the rock area together, that’s all.” Jack knew there was more than just that, but he kept his mouth shut.

"I'm Emmaline Argentston, James's sister, and this is Jack," Emma responded, "You must be Alex, how do you know my brother?"

James looked at Alex, figuring that Alex can't see him, "Was that the Pokémon you were attempting to catch Earlier when I came across you?"

"What's a Nessie?" Emma asked.

Togetic had perked up when he heard a question. Emma blushed when Alex asked if she was his girlfriend. A pokeball on Emma's belt shook, and she immediately got hold of it, knowing her Volcarona.

"We're just friends Alex, James," Emma responded, "We only went to the Rocky Area together, as Jack said."

------

"Don't worry about it, and besides you're the first person to call me that." Laura was honest, "That's my newest Pokémon, Ditto."

The Shiny Treecko that was actually a Ditto hopped off Laura's shoulder and looked around the room. She sat down, and watched as she had never seen a Spheal playing a card game before.

"Your brother and I are roommates actually." As he spoke, Alex pulled out the ball containing his newest partner. "As for Nessie..."
Right on cue, the Shiny Lapras came out of her PokeBall and happily nuzzled Alex's cheek. Rubbing her jaw, Alex continued. "She's my newest partner that happens to like a well played tune on an ocarina."
Looking at Emma and Jack, Alex explained. "Sorry for the misunderstanding, your auras just looked very compatible with each other so it was easy to assume that you two were together."

"C...compatible?" Jack repeated to himself, before getting the thought out of his head. "No, no, it's not like that. There's no need to apologize. Maybe the aura was just talking about our compatibility as friends." Jack thought he might have been overreacting to someone who didn't mean any harm, but something inside of him made him feel like springing into action.

"Yeah, that could be it. My aura abilities need a lot more polishing if I ever want to get that good." Alex agreed with Jack before explaining. "The most I can do concerning aura right now is sensing and calming it. A bit like what happened to Dom outside of the arena actually." As soon as he said that last part, Alex covered his mouth as though he said something he wasn't supposed to. After which, he released a barrage of clicks out of nowhere and mapped out everyone's appearance with sound.
Eventually calming down to an extent, Alex looked up and asked. "Can you keep that last part I just mentioned a secret?"

Charlie was still resting atop the dorm building, laying on the lawn chair near the edge while her pokemon chatted. She overheard a bit of chatter, she deduced it was coming from the bottom of the building given how quiet it was. She sat up and peered her head over the edge, Dune in anticipation outstretched her wings. Given what happened last time Charlie looked ove the edge, she was prepared for it to happen again. Charlie looked down to see familiar figures, while they were quite small she could identify a few of them. She was about to call out to them from the rooftop, but decided not to, it was getting late and she didn't want to wake up the whole building. Instead she opted to head to her room since it was like mentioned before, getting late. "I've got training to do, I can't stay up all night looking at stars" she looked over to her pokemon "and that means card games either you 4" her pokemon frowned, all except Joule, who was more so confused.
The team was all recalled and Charlie exited the rooftop, heading down the elevator to the 3rd floor. Where her room & Hokori's room was...

"Oh, of course." Jack replied. "It's safe with me, Alex. Oh, and you know Dom? I talked to him on the boat ride here. I had no idea you two knew each other." He asked, before letting out a long yawn and putting Justin back in his ball.

"I just met him a couple hours ago. Right after he demolished a tree with an aura enhanced fist just outside of the arena entrance actually." Alex explained as he pulled out his ocarina. "I managed to calm him down with this."

"An ocarina..." Jack mumbled. "Wait, he's capable of using aura, too? I couldn't even tell, I...we haven't spent that much time together, I suppose." He looked down slightly. "Seems everyone here is pretty extraordinary."

Skid placed down his last two card and gave a smug grin as he had won the game. Ari and Ace looked at him in frustration, while Gobi was still confused about the game, Koji simply shrugged and patted Gobi on the head.
Ivan sighed and began to grin at his pokemon, while he began getting his pajamas from his draw.

"i'm gonna go take a shower, I don't want to have to use cold water." he set his pajamas on his bed and started to put the cards aways. Once he finished he left his room and made his way towards the showers.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Capable; yes. Proficient; not so much." Alex pocketed his ocarina as he continued. "If you ask me, I'd say he's a bit too emotional. Not to mention how he didn't even know what aura is until I brought it up. On the other hand, I developed mine through necessity." Looking at Jack, he said. "Also, I wouldn't say everyone here is extraordinary except back in the outside world. If you think about it, all of us 'exceptional' people being here has really just normalized us."
With a sigh that turned into a yawn, Alex brought up one more important detail. "In any event, it's getting late so I'm going to get some dinner and go to bed if that's alright with you guys."

"It's alright with me. You take care, Alex." Jack said with a slight smile, before turning to Emma. "I'm getting a bit tired myself. How about you?" He knew that the question Alex asked them earlier had put them in a really awkward position, so Jack took the opportunity to break the ice.

Thomas smiled at Hokori before he looked up and realized that the sky looked a bit darker than before. "Hmmm, as much as I'd like to stay out and maybe even train a bit, I feel like it'd be best if we head back to our dorms; it looks like it starting to get late." He said before he got out his Rotom phone to look a the time and nodded before he started to walk out of the woods and towards where the dorms were. The pace he walked was slow until Hokori decided to catch up.

Hokori soon followed quickly behind Thomas, having agreed with him - And somewhat excited to find out how Charlie was after the eventful morning. She quickly caught up, before soon arriving at the dorm building.
"Alright, Tom, I'm gonna head to my dorm, see you at dinner or tomorrow and all 'hat!" She said to behind her before rushing inside, excited to see her roommate's possible reaction to Beira. Of course, when she did reach her room, there was no sign of Charlie just yet.

So, she tossed up Taupe and Beira's pokeballs, the Dugtrio and the Crabrawler appearing with their respective cries in her room in a short flash, Taupe quickly finding his already favourite spot under a chair again while Beira looked around, curious.
"Well, Beira, this is my dorm room, shared with another trainer. She's really nice and strong, I think you'll like her." She told the boxing pokémon, getting an intrigued nod in response.

Emma looked at Alex, as James responded, "We'll keep it as well."

James figured it was best to go inside and not bother Emma and Jack while they sort out the last bit.

"It's been a long, but great day, exploring the Island with you, Jack," Emma responded, "I don't know why Alex needed to add that bit, but why did he have to do so in front of my brother, James I'd understand, Jason would have looked at him to shut up, he may not look it, but he and his Pokémon are quite the intimidating bunch, even the Kirlia."

Emma was internally bouncing around, as she was somewhat calm on the outside. Togetic was flying over Emma's head, dancing, and looked at Jack, giving a small wave.