• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Kyogre Lake Academy

Charlie watched with a sad feeling as her partner pokemon, her breloom tumbled to the ground and fainted, the life orb dealing enough recoild damage to take him out. She pulled out a pokeball and recalled him "Don't worry Shoe, you put up a great fight." She noticed the lycanroc was readying a second play-rough. She took this time to send out her second pokemon "ok Dune, his lycanroc is on the verge of defeat. Kick up some sand!" She called, dune flew into the air above the lycanroc and flapped her wings, winding up a sandstorm in the arena "apologies everyone" she said to the crowd.

As he made his egress through the wooded area, Matt began enjoying his quiet stroll through the island, even though he was still carrying all of his luggage. Matt began hearing the noises of what he thought was a Pokémon battle, and sure enough he was right, as he saw a battlefield adjacent to the dormitory building. He seemed to have taken a detour, as he arrived later than everybody else.

Making his way out of the forest, a brazen beam of sunlight caused him to shield his eyes. The scene in front of him was very lively, with the omnipresent nature showing itself through the vibrant colors of the tropical flora and harmonious Pokémon. After he passed through the crowd, which at this point he grew all too familiar with, he was finally at the entrance of the dormitory. It looked pretty fancy from the outside, maybe it would be the same inside?

Matt opened the door to the lobby, and it checked out. It had all the modern finishings and seemed decent. He talked to the receptionist who gave him his room number. Number 115. He used the elevator to access the fourth floor, where he barged through his room’s door and finally unpacked all of his luggage. Oh. It appeared that someone else had made their home here as well. Hopefully they wouldn’t be a nuisance to him. A quick glance at the other person’s side of the room let Matt know they were a pretty powerful trainer. Perhaps they could become rivals in the future? In any case, Matt decided that he would head back down to the battlefield to see what strategies the competitors were using.

"Lycanroc, return!" He yelled, raising the moon ball and recalling Lycanroc.

"I didn't expect you to have a dragon type on your team, now lets make this interesting. Go, Sliggoo!" Dom said.

Sliggoo slid out onto the field, preparing itself for the battle. Sliggoo turned back to Dom, and Dom did a few more handsigns, and Sliggoo seemingly nodded.

"I hope you don't mind, but we're taking the first move this time. Go ahead Sliggoo, show Dune what you can do!" Dom shouted.

Sliggoo's body, started to wiggle a bit. It was quite a strange movement, but soon it started to shake even more, and more. Soon, a downpour started up, washing away the sandstorm.

James had heard the boy that caught up to him had said something about a Shiny Steelix. As such he responded.

"Yes he is, alongside my Kingdra, who was acting like a Trained Wailmer earlier."

James held Kingdra's pokeball, as he looked at the two. He then released his purple Kingdra, who popped into a nearby pond giving off a Dragonbreath.

"A life Orb, that's going to hurt," Emma whispered as she Watched the battle.

That hail Mary sky Uppercut was going to hurt more, as that was a Fighting Type move. As the Breloom fainted, Emma prepared for what Pokémon was next. When she saw the Flygon, Dusclops and Volcarona were Returned. Raboot stayed on her shoulder, as she got up. She watched the battle by pulling out a pair of Go Goggles as Raboot wore his goggles. A Shiny Sliggoo replaced the Lycanroc and it was now raining.

Jason had been following the map when it started to Rain. He looked up to find Aerodactyl flying over the crowd, so he naturally followed, and Metagross flew up as well. Jason took a sight of the battle from above.

"Sliggoo vs Flygon," Jason responded, "This should be interesting.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
“Just give me a place for my stuff and a place to crash and I’ll be a-okay,” Reese said cheekily, making an o-k sign with her hand. “I don’t mind sharing stuff. Plus, I’m used to sleeping on dirt, so the fluffy pillows are a definite upgrade,” she added, flopping down on her bed for emphasis. She sank down into the cushions before bouncing back up.

“Wonder if there’s any legends of ancient ruins beneath the school or something,” Reese muttered to herself, gazing off into space and seeming to forget where she was for a moment. She rocked back and forth on her heels. “It would be so cool to dig up a fossil here, hnnnnnn…!” Then she seemed to come back to her senses, and she pounded a fist into her other open palm. “But first, gotta fix the squeaky door!” The girl dug in her duffel bag for tools, coming up with several wrenches in different sizes and two different screwdrivers. “Prolly don’t need all this stuff, some lube should fix it right up,” she mused under her breath. “But it’s good to be prepared— agh, I’m rambling again,” she exclaimed, cutting herself off as she mussed her hair.

"Ancient ruins...?" Jack got cozy on his bed. "Well, it would explain why this place is called Kyogre Lake. Surely that name has to be rooted in something..." He thought out loud. "Perhaps this lake is a creation of Kyogre, or maybe the first settlers of this island saw a Kyogre at some point, or maybe the government are just big Kyogre fans." He looked over to Reese. "Oh, do you need help with that?"

Charlie grinned with excitement when Dom swapped to sliggo, a dragon on dragon matchup. While it was unfortunate that she couldn't confirm the faint on the lycanroc, she wasn't going to disappoint the ever growing crowd.

She watched as the sky changed from a sandstorm immediately to the rain. "Hm, you also have a weather move. Smart" she complimented Dominic before raising her hand once more "Dune, earth power!" She called. The flygon dove to the ground, slamming its body against the ground, causing a tremor to echo through the arena, a crack in the ground formed from the slam. Making its way to the dragon type slime monster...

"Slide away from it it Sliggoo!" Dom yelled.

The ground was already plenty moist from the rain, so Sliggoo tried to avoid it by slipping and slidding around the battlefield, but it just couldn't shake it.

"Sliggoo! Freeze the crack in the ground!" Dom shouted.

Sliggoo suddenly turned back as the crack still followed, and hit it with an ice beam, the two moves collided, forming an ice spike in the middle of the ring.

"I didn't want to show it off to early, but it was necessary this time around. Don't worry, I have other tricks up my sleeve, though im gonna have to go off my original plan here!" Dom said, but Sliggoo seemed to be a bit annoyed at that, "Sliggoo, try and reach it with your Body Slam attack! Don't let it sit still! Not even for a moment!"

As the ring cracked and quake, Dune watched the small dragon-type slip around before decided to stop the move by freezing it. Charlie was shocked and Dune was as well, in all her time of battling never has the flygon seen anyone deal with earth power like that "that was awesome, you guys are pretty clever." Charlie was enjoying this battle. She readied herself for the sliggoo's next attack , a body slam. Dune was experienced enough to know what to do, "Dune avoid that goo dragon at all costs, we can't risk tou being paralyzed!" Instructed Charlie "Fly!" Dune roared, flying around, attempted to weave between the pokemon's attacks. "Fly up high! Launch a dragon breath before he can touch you!" The flygon heightened its elevation, enough to where her opponent couldn't reach her with a physical attack such as body slam, at least by normal means...

Emma had been watching on the ground, seeing the Sliggoo move away from the attack, only to stop it in its tracks and freeze the Earth Power.

"Jason's Aerodactyl froze an attack once by biting it." Emma whispered, "It was an Energy Ball and he managed to send it back at the opposing Pokémon for the fourth knock out for Aerodactyl during his practical sweep."

Jason had been watching this battle from the sky and had noticed the attack was frozen.

"Reminds me of the time Aerodactyl froze an Energy Ball that knocked out that Ludicolo."

Jason was intrigued by this battle, it was going interestingly, as Flygon flew up for a Dragonbreath, to avoid Body Slam. To Jason, that was a good move as Body Slam can Paralyze its target. He kept watching the battle from where he was in the air.

A wide grin came across Dom's face, he knew exactly what to do.

"Alright Sliggoo! Climb up!" Dom said.

Suddenly, Sliggoo began jumping, and seemingly landing in midair. It continued to jump up until it jumped and landed even higher than were Flygon was. Sliggoo looked down at Flygon, and it too had a smile on its face. A bit of noise arised from the crowd, but Dom quickly silenced them.

"See, something every trainer with a dragon type should know is this. Dragon types, and dragon type moves all have a specific energy to them. This energy leaves behind a sort of residue in the air, and when this residue crosses paths with itself, it creates a temporary path in the air for people and pokemon to stand on. Thanks to my Draconid blood, I'm able to see these trails, and utilize them in battle!" Dom said, "Now Sliggoo! Jump down, Dragon Pulse!"

Sliggoo jumped from where it stood high in the air, and began falling straight towards the Flygon, as the dragon pulse charged at its mouth.

Utter shock was a perfect word to describe Charlie's expression. She pulled off her sunglasses and looked up, eyes widened and mouth even wider, Dom's sliggo had somehow gained the high ground against her flygon "Huh?!!" She yelled in Disbelief. "H-how...." she whispered under her breath, only for Dominic to explain it to both her and the many that watched. "That was your plan, to use the residue from Dune's dragon breath so your sligoo could take advantage!" Dune being a dragon type knew about these contrails. But even she had never seen them be used with such utility. Charlie shook her head, realizing that Dom's pokemon was heading right for her flygon "I can't freeze up at something like that, D-Dune you can't dodge it, Dragon claw! Beat it out!" She shouted. Commanding her pokemon the best she could in a situation she had never experienced in her life of battling. Charlie clenched her fists, anxious to see which pokemon would come out on top.

Flygon and Sligoo were heading for each other. Dune readying to swipe the opponent with his claws, infused with a green dragony aura. And Dom's sliggoo charging a dragon pulse at ultra-close range...

BOOM

A loud explosion filled the air above the arena. Black and red dust raining down, crackling in the pouring rain which was previously created. "Dune!?" Shouted Charlie, she herself couldn't see through the dense explosion....

The look on Doms face was pure astonishment.

“Dragon types are just the coolest, aren’t they.” He muttered to himself as the explosion happened.

As he watched, he saw his Sliggoo falling, and quickly ran onto the battlefield, jumping to catch it in his arms, and thankfully his catch was successful this time.

“Thank you Sliggoo, you more than proved your strength.” Dom said, recalling the fainted pokemon.

Charlie was focused on the explosion, examining the different parts of it in hopes of seeing inside, before it could dissipate she noticed Dom's sliggoo fall from the air. And him prmptly catching it. Charlie looked back up to see her Flygon tumbling down to the ground. Unlike Dom's partner, Dune was much to large to catch "Dune!" She called out, Her pokemon hit the ground, Charlie held her breath to look for a sign of consciousness. No. Her flygon had been knocked out "They tied?....Ok." She returned Dune and looked at her only remaining pokemon "lets go King. Its 2 to 1 but you're more than enough to handle Dom's pokemon. The monferno was nervous, having been recently captured and watching a collision such as the dragon explosion. Needless to say King didn't have a good feeling about this, but even so he stepped out onto the ring, not wishing to let down its new master. "Allright, lets do this Dom!" Charlie pointed to her opponent, Kind growling like he was giving a battle cry.

“Alright, go, Elekid!” Dom shouted.

Elekid ran out onto the field, wildly spinning it’s arms. The rain was still going, but not as hard as earlier, and with every drop a bit of energy sparked up from Elekids body.

“Alright Elekid, go, use Dizzy Punch!” Dom commanded.

Charlie called out as the electric type began to make his attack, "out of the way King, try and weave around it to counter!" The monferno growled once more and stood his ground, getting into a position one would compare to teakwondo stance. The elekid ran at King, and right before he connected the attack, the monferno leaped up, hopping over the small pokemon and it's attack, once he landed over the pokemon, he took his chance to counter while elekid recovered from the whiffed attack. Blasting a stream of fire from its mouth at the back of Dom's pokemon. "Right on King!" Charlie cheered.

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

“Not too big an issue,” Reese muttered, still talking to herself. “There’s just some rust that’s getting in the way of movement…” The girl scraped at the rust with the tip of a screwdriver. “Actually, you can help with something,” she added, addressing Jack. “There should be a few small brown bottles in the rightmost pocket of my bag— couldja get me one? Usually it’s used to polish fossils, but it works on metal alright too.”

“Alright Elekid, while it’s still on your back, try and attack!” Dom shouted.

Elekid tried to attack, but it’s began to wildly swing its arms, trying to use the move Thunder Punch. It could barely scratch the Monferno, but got lucky with a paralysis effect. Elekid then fainted.

“Return Elekid!” Dom shouted, raising the fast ball and recalling it.

“Well, looks like it’s all down to these two, Come back out, Lycanroc!” Dom said.

Dom sent out the Lycanroc, which still had some visible damage from the last battle, but it’s energy seemed to come back after resting for a bit.

“You ready? I’m putting it all into this last attack!” Dom called out to Charlie.

Emma had been watching the battle, and noticed the Elekid attempt to hit the Monferno, but Paralyzed it. She watched the battle as she figured it was okay to bring out the other two again. Volcarona flew up and saw a miffed Dugtrio. The Bug and Fire type then decided to relay what he knew so far before the sandstorm. Dusclops just took a seat next to Emma. Raboot relayed everything that had happened to Dusclops.

Jason had been watching the battle from atop his Metagross, Aerodactyl had been watching as well.

"That's going to make things a bit tougher for Monferno's trainer." Jason noted, "That Elekid got the Paralysis, but went down immediately, Lycanroc is still injured from before. This will be interesting to see the outcome."

Jason watched the battle from where he was, Metagross had moved when one of the attacks had barely missed it and its trainer. Once settled, he continued watching.

Kings attack had landed, but to his surprise the elekid was still standing, King tried to step back to avoid its frantic thunder punches, but the attacks were coming too close, at one point he attempted to grab its hand whilst it threw a punch, King managed to do so but still took the shocking force behind the thunder punch attack, he yelped in pain of the shock but kept his ground, holding onto one of the elekid's arms, King without command headbutted the small pokemon. Knocking it out right there.

Once Dom recalled his pokemon and threw out his lycanroc once more. Charlie looked at the two, both injured, one of which paralyzed and low leveled, the other critically low health but more experienced. She listened to Dom's call out of a final attack and Charlie grinned right at him "ok then, this will be the deciding factor! King, I don't know how much fight you've got left buddy, but hit that lycanroc with everything you've got!!" Kings's body began tense up, he was stiff, filled with paralysis from the attack before. He trembled for a moment but managed to shake it off this time around. The monkey pokemon started to flare up with heat, he started to blaze like a living fireball, with a growl he began to charge at the lycanroc. "Do it!" Charlie shouted. Her faith for this battle resting in King.

The two Pokémon charged at one another, and they almost collided, until a dark figure appeared in the middle of the field and completely redirected both attacks, sending both Pokémon back to their trainers.

“Alright kids, settle down. It’s only the first day.” Someone from the crowd said.

The dark figure seemed to be an Accelgor, and an adult stepped up from the crowd.

“Hey! You can’t just stop our battle!” Dom shouted.

“Well, as you soon to be battle instructor, yes I can. My name is Mr. Hanzo, and I’m the teacher here for novice battle strategies and advanced Pokémon battle strategies.” The man said.

Dom seemed to straighten up a bit once that was announced.

“And as your teacher, I’d advise you to be ready for tomorrow. You have to wake up early for the entrance ceremony.” Mr Hanzo said, walking farther onto the battlefield.

“If you’re the battle strategies teacher, you should let us finish our-“

“The battle is already over. Both of your Pokémon are fainted.” Mr. Hanzo said, “and I’d suggest you hold your tongue, Mr. Celonis. I know for a fact that I have a lot of work to do with you, both you and I know your biggest trump card…” he paused for a moment and looked at Lycanroc, “is also your biggest weakness. Everyone head back to the dormitories, dinner will be served on the second floor of the building, and curfew is in 3 hours.”

The crowd started to dissipate and head towards the dorms.

“Wait around a bit, would you? I’d like to talk to you about something. Meet me at the edge of the forest nearest to the dormitories.” Mr. Hanzo whispered to Dom.

Mr. Hanzo walked off with his Accelgor in tow. Dom recalled his Lycanroc and looked over at Charlie.

“It was a fun battle, wasn’t it?” He said, forcing a smile.

But even as he tried to hide it, a bit of worry crept at Doms brow.

As Thomas approached where the crowd was, he arrived just in time to hear an adult speak and tell them how he was going to be their Pokemon battle teacher, Thomas remained quiet so he could listen to the teacher while his eyes often shifted to look at his Accelgor, this reminded him of the strange way needed in order to evolve one.

When Mr Hanzo told everyone to return to their dorms to prepare for dinner and curfew, he walked away with the crowd back to his dorm, while he was somewhat vexed that he didn't have as much time to talk as he hoped, he knew that dinner would likely help him socialize with others... hopefully whoever he sat with weren't too informal in they way they eat.

Charlie was leaned in, the final attack to decide the battle was about to land.... until in the blink of an eye a dark figure sped between them, knocking both pokemon back, King's fiery aura disappeared and was sent flying back to the feet of Charlie "wh-what?! Who interuppted us!?" She asked Dom at the other end of the battlefield. To her surprise Dom rang out at the crowd, an older man stepped up with an accelgor by his side and swiftly told him off. Charlie didn't even get to say anything before the adult was able to state who he was and declare the battle over "...I...I guess its a tie?" She mumbled, the crowd faded out as everyone was informed by Mr. Hanzo of the entrence ceramony being held early tomorrow morning and as well the dinner being held tonight. After receiving Dom's remark, Charlie returned King and ran over to shake his hand "evn though it was cut short, I had a great time. You're definitely one of the most formidable trainers I've fought all my life. You'll have to teach me more about that draconid stuff, I can't let you pull some trick like that on me again" she smiled. While it was upsetting the battle was declared over before the final attack had been dealt, it was high tension and it made a good show for those around them.

Now next to Dom she remembered what Mr. Hanzo said to him when he told Dom off. There wasn't anything she could really say, and she didn't want to intrude into Dom's personal stuff. So out of respect she simply smiled at him, taking his hand into both of hers and shaking it "Thank ya for battling me, we'll have a clear winner next time yeah."

After a bit Charlie had left the group. Making her way down to the Dormitory as the sun went down. "They should have a pokemon center in the lobby right? I feel like I remember seeing something like it the first time I went in there." She spoke to herself as she approached the doors.

As the battle continued, Horoki continued her cheers and insights, occasionally making notes in her head; In particular, her sudden feeling of support for people she hadn't known...

Well, she did grow up where battlers weren't nearly this good, first time for everything.

Unfortunately, it seemed over all too soon by the interruption of some old man, Mr Hanzo, the teacher for battle strategies... Normally, her opinion on old teachers had been shaped by all too tired tutors and the like, but battle strategies was different. However, before Horoki could make a move, everyone was told to head back to dorms. So, with a sigh of disappointment, she turned to head back, resolving to try and catch at least one of the two at dinner.

So, with her Pokémon following, Hokori headed back to the dorms, quite some time before Charlie, awkwardly standing around in a somewhat cramped lift up the stairs before she made a dash to her dorm, sitting down on the bed with Cor and Taupe at her feet.
"Hm...Looks like we're back before the roommate too! Hopefully they saw the battle..." She hmphed, trying to think while lying down. "What to do...what to do..."

Dom was the last to leave the area. He was too stuck on what Mr. Hanzo said to him, and it was making him remember things he didn’t want to. He felt a tug at his pants, and it pulled him back to reality, and he looked down at his Krabby which was latched onto his pants. When he looked down, Krabby had an inspired look on its face, which pulled Dom completely out of his trance.

“Sorry Krabby, I was just lost on thought. Want me to tell you about my adventure in Alola? It’ll all make sense after that.” He said.

Krabby seemed intrigued, so Dom began his story as they walked.

“I went to the Alola region to participate in the Pokémon league there, and I got pretty far in their Island Challenge. I got to Akala island when the Kahuna there, Olivia, saw something in me, she kinda took me under her wing for a bit, and eventually, she gifted me a Z-Power ring, and something called a Lycanium Z. Before I left the island, I challenged her to a battle, and I used the Z-move. But, when I did, Lycanroc when berserk. Ended up with this scar,” he said, lifting a bit of his shirt and revealing a bit of the scar that went from the front around to his back.

Krabby seemed a bit frightened at the sight, but it soon subsided.

“Don’t get me wrong, Krabby. Lycanroc is one of the nicest Pokémon I’ve ever met. But it’s just something with that Z-move, it made Lycanroc lose complete control. I haven’t used any Z-moves since, I haven’t even put on my Z-power Ring since the incident. I just, can’t…” Dom let out a sigh and realized he was already at the Dorms, and then turned to see Mr. Hanzo waiting by the edge of the forest. He walked over to him, Krabby still at his side.

“Listen, Olivia has already given me the breakdown of your situation. I don’t want anyone in class to get hurt, so do not bring that Z-power ring to class, ever.” Mr Hanzo said firmly.

Dom nodded and turned to walk away.

“However, if you want to utilize your strength, I tend to train at the main Arena from around 10 pm to 3 am, if you wanted to stop by and grab yourself, I wouldn’t have any obligations.” He said.

Dom stopped, and turned back to the teacher.

“Right, I’ll be there.” Dom said.

He returned back to the dormitories and waited as his Pokémon were healed in the lobby.

Charlie entered the lobby, starting to feel exhausted now that the adrenaline from her battle has worn off. She checked with the receptionist who directed her to a small pokemon center inside the Dormatory. After healing up her 3 pokemon, she made her way to her room. Heading up the elevator and down the hall to room 103. She grabbed hold of the door and opened it.
Charlie stepped inside of the room, her face looking towards the ground. She looked up to look at her room and jumped up into the air "Ahh!" She cried out, she landed and rubbed her eyes "Oh! O-oh crap I'm sorry about that" she apologized to to Hokori. Feeling a bit embarrassed. She looked around and noticed the girls things around the room "you must be my roommate right? Sorry about that, I got startled I guess." She reached out her hand, moving so she was next to her own bed "I'm Charlie." She said smiling at Hokori, her face still a bit red from the initial scare.

"Woah!" Hokori was surprised by the door opening all of a sudden and her roommate's own shock.

"H-hey, it's okay!" She quickly assured after getting to her feet, Cor having jumped in surprise as well and, almost comically, landing on her head. Meanwhile, Taupe ducked into the ground out of surprise, and hadn't peaked back up. "Don't worry about 't, 'kay?" She added, soon reaching out and shaking Charlie's hand.
"I'm Hokori Perforar, pleasure to meet you-" She began to say with a small curtsy, before pausing. "Oh! You were one of the people battling!!!" Having taken a moment for this realisation, Hokori had realised she'd seen Charlie just earlier. Unsure what she wanted to say first, eventually she settled on something. "You were awesome!"

Jason had been watching when the battle Teacher had interfered, with an Accelgor. Jason had noticed how fast it was, as well as it deflected both attacks.

"Wow, that was one fast Pokémon, I hope Aerodactyl can get to that speed one day." Jason whispered, "I've seen Emma's Volcarona deflect two attacks like that when it was pissed off by thd Tauros herd, and again when he got pissed off by the Poachers."

Jason and his two Pokémon had noticed people were Dispersing and headed back to the dorms. He followed suit on Metagross as Aerodactyl followed him. The large prehistoric Pokémon had noted not to piss off the Lycanroc. When Jason had arrived to the dorm building he immediately headed to dorm 115, and returned his Pokémon, getting ready for dinner.

Emma had been watching the battle and seen the same event.

"I'm not sure if Volcarona would be able to handle that." Emma whispered, "But he has deflected multiple attacks before, he blocked half a dozen Iron Heads by spinning around while on fire."

Emma started heading back, returning Volcarona and Dusclops, as Raboot stayed on her Shoulder. When she arrived, she made it into 104 and was getting ready for dinner.

Thomas sighed as he walked back to his dorm, with all the students that were around, he needed a bit of peace and quiet before the crowd he may find over dinner. He had his hands in his pockets as he walked and thought back on all the other people he saw with shiny Pokemon, unaware that he would meet so many in one place. "Sure, this school is meant to be for strong and well known trainers, but I didn't think that meant so many others would have shinies."

As he went to his dorm door, he went ahead to open the door, as he did, he noticed that there was someone in there, most likely his would be roommate. "Oh, hey there, you must be my roommate." Thomas said, he knew better than to ask if she was due to the fact she was in the midst of settling in.

Charlie felt relieved that Hokori didn't seem bothered by her reaction when she walked into the room. She took a glance at her 2 pokemon that were in the room with them. Before being caught off guard by the praise give to her "heh, Thank you. I'm glad I could give everyone an interesting battle to view, Its wonderful to meet ya Hokori, and your pokemon as well." Charlie was happy to have somebody fangirl over her. Rarely would she attract crowds or get even get compliments from them give her gym trainer past. "So you saw the match right...I wish I could have finished it up before Mr. Hanzo interuppted..." she sighed

Ivan saw the battle take place but wasn't all that interested in it, he was mainly texting his parents about his arrival to the school and how the ferry made him fall asleep. Ivan turned his phone off and quickly made his way to the receptionist to ask which room he was given, Once given the number of his room he made his way to his there.

"Let's see room 108, where it? I better get to my room before they start dinner I barely at anything on the ferry and I'm starting to regret it."

It took Ivan about a minute to find his room and used his key to unlock the door. Once he opened the door he saw a girl with braided black hair going down to her hips, Ivan had a look of confusion on his face and looked at the door number again, before turning to the girl.

"Are we sharing the same room?"

Laura had been finishing up several things when the door unlocked, Cacnea was ready to whack whatever was at the door but Laura picked him up.

"You must be my roommate." Laura responded, "Laura Argentston, don't mind the Incubator."

Cacnea calmed down after Laura responded. He popped out of Laura's arms and went to greet Ivan. She looked at her Pokémon very carefully as he was still a baby. She knew Greninja would pop out of his Pokéball if something went wrong.

=Nightshade=

“Hmm?” Reese took the bottle Jack held out to her, transferring the screwdriver to her mouth as she poured a few drops on a cloth from her pocket. A dark gold-colored, semi-oily liquid dribbled out, and she began to scrub at the rust. “Oh yeah! My dad’s a Ruin Maniac. Went on digs with him all the time before I came here. That’s how I got my buddies!” She talked around the screwdriver, then took it out of her mouth and began tightening the screws on the hinge.

“Got lots of experience out in the field— I can sleep basically anywhere and I got real good at fixing things. Lifting stuff got me pretty strong, too!” Reese cast a grin over her shoulder as she straightened up, then tried the door. It swung on its hinges with hardly a sound. “There we go, all better!”

"Ha, nice work." Jack applauded for a few seconds, before looking outside. "Ah, looks like it's getting late. We should probably start heading down for dinner soon...maybe you'll run into a few of my friends." He suggested. It was such a big school, so he was unsure if they would, but he definitely knew they would reunite at some point.

=Nightshade=

“Food?!” Reese’s eyes sparkled, salivating at the idea. “I woke up late and didn’t get to eat today. I can’t waitttt! I bet the food here is gonna be amazing!” She chattered on as she put her tools haphazardly back into her bag — though she was careful with the polish — and almost missed the boy’s afterthought. “Ooh, would be cool to meet some new people,” Reese mused, tapping her cheek with a finger. “It’s good to make new friends!”

"Oh, I'm Ivan Magne, nice to meet you Laura."

Ivan's mind began to race as he thought how weird it was gonna be to share a room with a girl.

Is that even allowed, I mean I have no problem with sharing a room with someone but I'm gonna have to share a room with a girl.

Ivan's train of thought stopped once the cacnea came to greet him. He looked down at the cactus pokemon before giving it a joyful smile. Before he had a chance to say something his Swablu hopped out of her ball and flew onto Ivan's shoulder with her eyes closed.

"Good morning Ari, how did you sleep little buddy?"

Ivan scratched Ari's chin which made her nuzzle his cheek. Ari noticed the cacnea and flew down to eye level and greeted it happily.

"Alright, let's head out." Jack opened the door and left it open for Reese as he walked out. Then he suddenly stopped. "Oh, I forgot to put on my school uniform. You head down, I'll catch up." He headed back into his dorm and started looking for his school uniform. It had to be there somewhere...

Cacnea waved cheerfully, as Laura looked at the Swablu. She then looked at Ivan, and continued speaking.

"Aww, the Swablu seems like it wants to befriend Cacnea," Laura responded, "He's young, he's actually the reason I am here, the little guy knows Dynamic Punch, and I was able to get a Magmortar and a Cacturne to breed without the Cacturne getting set on fire, also there is a school dinner going on tonight, we should get ready."

Laura got her uniform together, and headed to change, but not before calling out.

"Greninja, Help Ivan if he needs to get stuff situated."

A Shiny Greninja popped out of the pokeball sitting on Laura's bed, waiting to help.

=Nightshade=

“Okee-dokee,” Reese agreed cheerfully, then paused when Jack paused. “Something wrong?” When he mentioned his uniform—or lack thereof—Reese mentally facepalmed. Obviously; how could she not have noticed? “Oh yeah, course,” she chirped. Mine was on the bed with my bag on it, dunno if that helps at all, but eh. Guess I’ll meetcha down there! For now— I follow my nose!” The girl raced down the hallway towards the stairs, taking a moment to get her bearings before heading to the second floor, where dinner was supposed to be served.

As she ran, Reese let Riot and Rune out of their Pokeballs. “You guys have been cooped up in there a while, huh?” she addressed the Pokémon with a sheepish smile. The two floating creatures looped in the air as they chased their Trainer, who was currently taking the stairs three at a time. “Try not to go too crazy— like no harassing, or breaking things, orrr… nope, that’s it! Oh, and try to stay close. This place is like a maze!”