• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed [MHA] The Next Generation

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
I'd be interested in taking part in this again, are we expected to use our previous characters or is replacing them with a new character possible.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Name: Hiro Kirishima

Hero name: Salamander (he is considering using a different name if he ever comes up with something else)

Parent: Eijiro Kirishima

Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: Standing at 5'7 now, Hiro sports spiked red hair while his eyes are a dark brown. Compared to the start of the year, he's gained some more defined muscle while still keeping that lean build. His skin has a bit more colour in them now, though it contains a lot more scars than when he first joined. Most of the time at school his uniform is normally called "scruffy" with him missing his tie, his blazer open with his shirts top few buttons open and his shirt untucked being some small things to his uniform. Though it's the burn marks and small tears that stand out this time. Now grown a bit more emotionally, he no longer wears his shock collar. With his quirk activated, he can sprout scales across his body. These scales depending on their hardness, the scales can appear soft and smooth or jagged and rough with his hardest making him resemble something to his father's unbreakable state.

Hero Costume: Keeping his costume almost identical to his father's first, he still keeps the sleeveless look though toning down on the scales on his arms to only have it be on his forearms and back with a light coating on his chest. Keeping the leather haidate and red steeled kusazuri, Hiro now also wears a neck scarf gifted to him by Drayda. Fire retardant and overall making him look more badass, he always keeps it on his costume. Topping off the entire costume are the fire canisters on his belt, these are canisters containing a flammable gas that when ignited leaves a flame for Hiro to consume or to use as a distraction against opponents.

Personality: Though starting off as for lack of a better term, mega ass hat, Hiro has gone through a lot of change since he first joined UA. Now not bullying people, he still has his anger issues though they're better under wraps. He still thirsts for combat a lot, always ready to fight though this time he's a bit more understanding and less jumpy. Hiro has warmed up a bit to his class, taking a liking for quite a few of them however this doesn't justify his past completely and at times he can appear as a loose cannon in battle with that temper. Sure he's able to control it better to the point where he doesn't have to wear a shock collar but just make sure you don't piss him off since then you'll have to pray for forgiveness from any god you can because Hiro won't show mercy. In battle he is merciless, with his tactics often being to overwhelm his opponents with his sheer power. That's right as one of the strongest in 1a, Hiro still has a long way to go in terms of personality but he's making his way there however he can. He is regretful of the person he was, and tries to help others when he can... you gotta remember, Hiro wants to be a Hero. He wants to be a symbol not of peace but of hope.

Quirk: Unbreakable Dragon(just sort of renamed it cause it sounded cooler)- Hiro can create and manipulate fire at will, controlling its trajectory, shape, temperature and other factors. Though it's unclear where this fire's energy source comes from it seems to be linked to his stamina. Though this would normally prove to be a weakness for someone like Hiro who constantly uses large amounts of fire in single bursts at times, he can consume fire... this consumption allows for him to not only regain stamina lost but also even strengthen him if he eats enough of it. Hiro can also sprout scales anywhere on his body. These scales are immensely strong, not just due to the material they are made of but also due to their structure on his body. This allows for them to act like shock absorbers and allow for blows that would normally shatter them to instead be dulled down to something that Hiro can take. Sure he can harden them but this is to the expense of the scales as he found out during the sports festival that by trying to copy his father's unbreakable state and making his scale structure rigid to try and harden them they ended up shattering. To top off the entire quirk, Hiro often has a bit of a limiter in his head. Something that when he snaps mentally, his power explodes. His anger fuels his flames as Hiro reaches a new level of strength. His flames are hotter, and his scales are tougher, he enters a berserker's rage. While meaning that his enemies now have to deal with this, so will his allies as when he reaches this form all he sees is red. All he can think to do is lash out.

Other:

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Hogzilla lemme just say thank you profusely for sticking all the bios in the first post I thought I’d have to dig up the old discussion thread to find Dakarai XD
Name: Dakarai Bakugo
Hero name: Hydra
Parent: Katsuki Bakugo
Sexuality: Bicurious

Appearance: Since the start of the year, Dakarai’s cut her ash-blonde hair short— though it makes her look more like her father, it’s undeniable that it’s easier to deal with in battle. She’s put on some muscle and filled out a bit in the chest and hips, but she still has a slender, athletic frame. Still about 5’ 6”, as she hasn’t grown physically, and 124 pounds. She’s gained a good few scars, too, namely from being LITERALLY TORN APART ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS WHAT HAPPENED HERE /j

Hero Costume: Dakarai’s internship with Deku really made her think about how she could adjust her hero costume and support items. She’s opted for a more dynamic design, though keeping her original color scheme of silver and black. It’s tighter in certain pressure points known to boost attentiveness, and she’s added a chest piece that can release an electric shock if she loses consciousness, potentially allowing her to come back enough to regenerate. It’s still made of the same almost fluid material that allows extra limbs to sprout without getting caught. Safety first, as she learned, but aesthetics are necessary for a hero too, so she’s added a headpiece with snakes on either side of her face to add to the “hydra” image her hero name comes from.

Personality: Due to her upbringing, Dakarai still always feels pressured to give 110%— everywhere and always. She’s a total perfectionist, and tends to blame herself when things go wrong, though she’s learned to lighten up the pressure a bit and not to let anyone else define her. However, as she’d been defined her whole life by her father’s expectations, this revelation leaves her rather indecisive. She still hasn’t quite reconciled taking her father’s valid advice with having her own identity, or realized that they’re not mutually exclusive. Taking her internship with Deku initially caused friction between her and her father, but ultimately ended up helping the relationship some. She’s also learned not to distance herself so much from others, and that exploring friendships doesn’t mean neglecting her training (much to her father’s chagrin).

Quirk: Patchwork (hehe name change go brr): Dakarai’s quirk allows her to generate and regenerate limbs of all types. It also allows her to detonate severed limbs like grenades (these can be as small as a fingertip or as large as a full leg, size directly proportional to the size of the blast). The regeneration of lost limbs and injuries only takes effect while conscious, and generating non-human ‘patches’ requires heavy knowledge of the limb’s structure. Nonhuman parts are still attached to Dakarai’s body, and damage to them will cause pain, but they can also be detonated if severed. It’s a tricky quirk to control, and overuse consumes stamina and sometimes causes lesions on the skin, which Dakarai calls “patch burns”. These were a new development after discovering the detonation ability.

Upon falling into unconsciousness, any nonhuman body parts will melt off the body, leaving only the normal number of limbs (unless one of those has been lost). The resulting mudlike substance is highly flammable. When conscious, Dakarai can choose to either reabsorb the parts or shed them in this way.

Other: Winged scapula, also forget the heterochromia I originally had lmfao Ima have her eyes be a grayish purple because combo of mom’s blue and dad’s red, totally not cause I forgot to draw them different on one of her refs <.<, accepted to UA through recommendations

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Im thinking the training excersise be something along the lines of there's a moving objective and the students gotta capture it but there will be the teachers trying to stop them... think capture the flag but the flag is moving and people are trying to stop you from getting to it or capturing it

If anybody has any alternate ideas I'm down to hearing them

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
A lot of us are using our original ocs because we're just continuing from the previous arc. We just had our internships and I think we're doing a training excersise just for our ocs to catch up from the internships
Would it be fine to replace my previous oc with a different one.

I just invented a hero for Caleb to intern under. I'll flesh him out if need be. I figured he'd have the Bakugo problem of winning the festival but not being very palatable while doing it.

In any event, post is up!

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
This is the new character I'm switching Yuuki with;
Name: Rako Kimishima
Hero name: Slimic
Parent: Sato Kimishima a.k.a Slime Smile
Sexuality: Homosexual
Appearance: She is 5'6" with a relatively slender body type. She has slightly pinkish skin with vivid orange hair and pink tips. She has heterochromia and has one blue eye and one orange eye. She normally wears a loose white shirt under a light brown jacket with jeans and black trainers. She often wears a bandaid across the bridge of her nose and a plain black choker.
407340_DQyt3Dlg.png
Made using Picrew
Hero Costume: She wears a orange croped shirt, purple leggings and a pair of orange trainers. Her hero costume is created using her quirk in order to allow it to transform when she does. This is different to her normal clothes that are actual clothes and don't change when she changes. The only thing not created by her quirk is a purple eyepiece that has the capability to show her images of anyone with a picture on the internet to aid in her mimicry of people.
Personality: A girl who isn’t fazed by much, she is incredibly smart but doesn’t have the social battery to attempt anything in school making her seem like a slaker and an underachiever. She also has very few friends and very rarely shows any emotions, none of these things bother her in any way of course and she is incredible chill about everything. She likes drawing, reading and sleeping and is quite fond of MMA fighting. She doesn’t like being woken up and those who do get to experience the rare occurrence of her angry side.
Quirk: Slime Body - The users body is constructed entirely of a slime-like substance. This allows the user to shift their physical form as they please, doing this can allow them to mimic the appearance of others as well as create weapons and tools from their body. They can also fire of parts of their body in small projectiles. The user also has the ability to harden and soften their body as they please. However extreme temperatures can cause the user to forcibly change state.

If all is good with this new character I'll start working on a rp post.

Last edited:

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Name: Inanis Ireoidaki

Hero Name: Celestial Hero: Cosmic Prince

Parent: Ochaco Uraraka

Appearance: Where Inanis had once been completely monochrome and entirely colorless, he has finally managed to net himself some hue. Specifically, since his 'transformation', his skin has become a mix of caucasian and purple, becoming light-purple as a result. His eyes are no longer an empty void, as now, they themselves have purple rings in them like how black holes appear, with ash-black facepaint around his eyes and on his eyelids in the form of a spiralling vortex. His hair is a mixture between strands of purple gradient and black tones, all of which stand up as a messy, disorganized formation of spikes. Yet despite of all these changes, the two metal slabs still exist in place of a stomach, only now they're fused together as opposed to being seperate. For casual clothing, Inanis likes to wear sweaters, hoodies and coats over shirts and either jeans or slacks with a belt tied around his waist and simple boots with tall socks, all clothing in his usual colour palette that he has now.

Hero Costume: While he had no idea before how to make a hero costume (what with his colours always being absorbed), thanks to improving himself, he can now wear exactly whatever he wants. And his chosen hero costume? A spandex suit, a cloak, long gloves and a shawl, all with his DNA infused. So now they all work together with his quirk no matter what. Not all too fancy, but it works and is easily recognizable.

Personality: Before he managed to complete his quirk, Inanis had been bland and dull with his emotions, always seemingly feeling them but never actually showing them. Now? It's like the polar opposite. He tends to be emotional to the point of being dramatical at times, but he swears that it's 'just for laughs'. Really though, it's secretly because he's been unable to express them for so long that finally being able to do it now, he hardly finds control over all his brimming excitement.

Quirk: Void - Like how Tenya pulled out his thrusters to improve his quirk, Inanis also tinkered with his metal halves containing the black hole that was his core. And by tinkering, it means that he exposed himself to a heavy enough weight that both halves were forcibly pushed together where otherwise he could have died from being crushed otherwise. This caused his black hole to fragment harmlessly and disperse all throughout his body, allowing him to become one with it and better improving control with it by allowing him to vacuum and repel something from any part of his body, along with the capacity limit now being widely expanded, while also increasing the overall surface area, allowing bigger things to be absorbed. In addition to this, due to his extended use of his quirk during his training, he can also use the advantage (and weakness) of five animals at once at his choosing, with more now no longer replacing a random one (He can still only have 1 quirk of his choosing from a quirk user absorbed, though.) Overall, other than a few improvements here and there (mostly visual, like how Inanis has colour now), the quirk had stayed mostly the same as it was before.

Other: Even though they were away for more important matters, Uraraka did not leave Inanis to simply avoid training for when he'd have to catch up with his classmates eventually. Since already knew how the classes would go, she would put him under the same kind of training, her competitive spirit having passed down to Inanis who couldn't agree more and trained intensely. And when the time came for internship.. well, considering she already was a hero, that was already dealt with. Now that things seemed to have become under control again, it was finally time to see if his training paid off.. and if he was even still recognizable.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
So who are all the teachers, again? Because I'm assuming 1-A doesn't just have two teachers for the whole class, lol.

I thought the original poster of this game (I took over after they went AWOL, for those who don't remember) made some teachers, but I couldn't find the post where they were detailed. If anyone wants to look, please do. Otherwise, I suggest we all develop at least one teacher ourselves. For quirk ideas, I highly suggest using the quirk generator over on fantasynamegenerators.com (I'd link it but the mods here are quite particular about that sort of thing, so I suggest you just google "My Hero Academia quirk generator", and you'll find it readily enough).

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Here is my go at a teacher bio
Name: Aiden Andrews
Hero name: Puppet Master
Appearance: Andrews is an athletic man standing at 6'2, he is relatively thin while still muscular. He has black hair and heterochromia with one green eye and one blue eye. He usually wears a white button up shirt with the top buttons undone with black trousers and shoes.
Hero Costume: As the pro hero Puppet Master Aiden dresses in a full tuxedo coloured in a mixture of purple and orange with a gold bow tye. The look is completed with a purple top hat and gold coloured loafers. Of course the appearance is misleading as the whole thing is bullet proof and incredibly durable. He also wears a white domino mask across his eyes.
Personality: A cheerful and extroverted man, Aiden refuses to let his past affect the kind of hero and person he wants to be and strives to be the best he can. He greatly enjoys the betterment of others and is very fond of watching young people grow into promising heroes. He has a soft spot for outcasts and often takes them under his wing to propel them towards being a hero. He loves to sing and dance and is very artistic and passionate. He is also smart and calculating when the situation requires it of him and can be a fearsome opponent to come up against.
Quirk: Marionette. The user can fire strings that can be used for travel and capture. They can also connect to a person's limbs to control them like puppets. If the strings are severed or the target's mental prowess is too strong.
Other: Born in England Aiden moved with his family when he was young. He grew up idolising heroes and but through school he was bullied and picked on for having a villainous quirk. He was even further beaten down when it was discovered his father was running with a villain gang. After his arrest the bullying became relentless. But he endeavoured on and went to U.A. eventually achieving his goal of becoming a pro hero.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
I didn’t make a whole bio but the teacher mentioned in my Dakarai post’s quirk is Sunbeam: it’s a mutant type quirk where the user grows large tropical flowers on their body, letting them photosynthesize instead of eating, accelerating their own healing, and shooting laser beams out of collected sunlight

If y'all are wondering why I haven't posted in a while, it's because I'd like to not be the only one driving this bus. If I can throw a bone, tell me where to put it but if this is just me and Void I don't think it's worth it for us.

Name: Yakino Sato
Hero name: Queen Bee
Parent: Rikido Sato and unknown mother
Sexuality: Bisexual
Appearance: A young woman with shoulder length brown hair (Which she usually ties in a ponytail for more physical endeavors), clear black eyes and freckles along her cheeks. She has an athletic, though bit of a curvaceous figure with a chest size a little above average for girls her age and a bit of visible tone along her arms, legs and abs. When not in her school uniform her heroic costume, she tends to favor a light green short sleeve top draped around by a brown jacket with a white interior as she also flexes a pair of black fingerless gloves and a similarly dark pair of pants. She completes the look with a pair of black boots with a green lacing to them as well as a pair of sunglasses she keeps on hand.
Hero Costume: Her costume comprises of a gold and black spandex attire adopting a theme of a bee complete with an eye mask where the bottom half of it is golden colored and the upper half of it black. She wears golden gloves and golden boots complimented by this black sleeve and leg lining over her golden frame. This uniform contains some visible pockets which contain built-in sugar packs to help her in a pinch, and her gloves are complete with these light gauntlets of sorts that allow her to store honey in them in stinger-shaped slots that when she hardens the honey in those slots she can fire on command. Her boots also have these retractable grooves or "boards" that allow herself to surf on her own honey if need be.
Personality: Yakino is someone who if nothing else is not short on confidence, the type to walk to a dangerous situation and eagerly ask for a piece of the action. Yakino carries this natural bravado about her, almost a bit playful as she enjoys having a good time and even works to mess with her foes with a bit of trash talk during engagements. All a means to get in the head of those who would do wrong or just those who she finds get on her nerves. This carries to a devil may care attitude which can cause her to be a bit of a headache especially to figures of authority which has led to her on more than one occasion getting in trouble before even entering the UA. Much to her father's chagrin. Still, she has a heroic heart at her core and her desire to prove herself a capable hero both wanting to make her family legacy proud but also stand on her own two feet as a hero all her own.
Quirk: Honey Pot: An Emitter Quirk that allows Yakino to summon and manipulate honey for various uses. This flexible, sticky substance can be used to stick to objects on contact, which she tends to use either to make various pit traps or produce a large wave of it to trap an enemy. She can also produce it at the end of her fits and kicks, allowing het to make a "honey link" so for example of she punches a foe in the face she can use this line of honey to pull them back in close for harder shots. Or even use it to scale things by making bits of sticky honey at her feet or fingers. She can also harden her honey to make a solid so she can fire chunks of it as a projectile attack. All of this though comes at the cost of her sugar level as this drains them with each use of it, and if she overextends herself she will be unable to produce fresh Honey and be left helpless. This is why she has to consume a high level of Sugar daily in order to keep her supply high for heroic use.
Other: She is a passionate fan of motorcycles, having been taken to a show at a young age with her own father and desires to get a ride for herself once she gets a driver's license.

Posting here just in case I messed up and was supposed to post bio here lol

I'd suggest reading up on the posts in the IC thread, but we're coming back from work studies and the students are tasked with capturing a robot designed to be very hard to capture (it's very fast, can jump super high, climb like a spider) in an urban environment while their teachers attempt to stop them. This is a test to see what they learned while they were away. We'll probably wrap it up and move on in a few more posts. If you don't know the participants, I think the bios are earlier in the ooc.

Appreciate the context, think I am gonna angle this as Yakino being a new transfer student to class who will show up and watch the proceeding exercise as her entry, with her being properly introduced to the class once this event fades.

Oof it's been over a week again. Sorry folks. Tomorrow is going to be monstrously busy so might not get to post for a while longer yet, but feel free to post and progress the scene as you like!

Hey all. I just finished up season 5 and it gave me the idea to have our quirks have developed further during the work studies. Probably not as drastically as sat, Toga or Twice did, but it could be an interesting angle to explore.