• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Motostoke, Galar

"Damn... My head..."

Once again, Sora had fell over. Typical.

Lots of people were gathering at Motostoke to meet the Undefeated Champion, Leon. Sora was one of those people. But he was also there for another purpose. A Dynamax Band.

People have told him that his Gengar could Gigantamax. And hopefully a walk in the Wild Area was all his egg needed to hatch. Would it hatch today of all days?

July 18, Monday - Blue Point Isle, Johto. Reina, current rank, 35,589.

"How long have you been taking pictures Desmond?" Reina asked as she looked at the set of sunglasses, she was trying to decide between a golden colored framed ones and a silver colored frame. "I can't decide between Gold o Silver, what do you think?"

She turned towards Desmond and put on the golden glasses and then the silver ones. "I feel Silver looks better, but Gold seems more canon, I don't know why." She looked at Gene, "What do you think?"

As Reina spoke to her new travel buddies, two trainers, a boy and a girl, holding hands, walked up to the group. The boy was tall with slick black hair and a bright smile while the girl had short blue hair wearing a bright white dress with a Sunflora pattern.

"You're in luck!" The boy called out with a tone that made it seemed he practiced his speech daily, "You have just ran into the Love Duo! We are, the best multi battle couple on the island, possible all of Johto! Your group seems to be friends, right? Can you friendship overcome our love? Only a true battle will determine that!"

The girl giggled and hugged the boys arm tightly "Oh Sun you're so romantic and so kind to give these people a chance at our title."

"I know Moon, but everyone deserves a shot to test their friendship against our love!"

Reina looked a bit confused as she placed the sunglasses back on the rack. "Well I do want to battle, but we're on a break currently."

"I see, some people just don't have what it takes to challenge us. There's a reason why we're ranking 20,200." Moon giggled again, however she was clearly mocking the group. "We will leave you alone, don't want people to assume we pick on easy targets."

Reina's eyes lit up, she was offended and she wasn't about to let the two get away with it. "Desmond, Dustin, I need a partner to take on this pair of pendejos." She looked at Gene, "Don't use that word, okay?"

Last edited:
Blue Point Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto (July 18 )

"Been at this for about a year now. Though it's my first time traveling outside my home region." Desmond explained to Reina, it was not often he had a chance to talk these details of his own personal goal. Mostly on account of how he rarely traveled with people, but still there had been no reason not to share this in his mind.

Course before he was asked to pick a color which Desmond had not been the best at, Politoed seemed to pull his pants as his partner pointed out an...overly happy couple who seemed to have a friendly chatter mixed in with some sassy teasing and taunts. The latter Reina seemed to take great offense to as she turned to him and Dustin and asked one of them to partner up with her. While Politoed and Kricketune seemed to be thrilled at this chance and the latter hopped happily Desmond held his hands up in a decline motion.

"Hey I didn't ask to get sucked into this. Besides, I ain't a battler so you'd be better with anyone else." Desmond explained, and he hoped that would be the end of it for him.

But knowing his luck, he sensed that might not be the case.

Last edited:
Motostoke, Galar

"Where is he?" Sora asked himself.

He was looking for his cousin, Jacob. He had been researching Dynamax for quite some time. In the crowd of people, he saw him.

"Hey!" he said
"Ah, Sora! I'm sorry, this meeting must be short." Jacob said
"Why?"
"Because... well, a huge breakthrough!"
"Wow!"
"Take this quick. I've gotta get going!"
"Than-"

But he was gone. And on Sora's arm?

A Dynamax Band, at last!

July 18, Blue Point Isle, Jotho
Savannah

Savannah sat on a seat in the pokemon center after having followed Esther. She left the trainer to take care of her pokemon and decided to take the opportunity to look around this new environment. Her eyes quickly darted all around the establishment, catching glimpses of various things. Things such as the many people and pokemon moving around the floor, the multitude of pink egg shaped pokemon carrying trays and pushing carts everywhere, and the pink haired lady at the center of it all. "So this is a place where you can go if you get sick or hurt huh, if we had a place like this back home we wouldn't need to worry about anything anymore." The young woman spoke out, mostly to herself but also loud enough for Zap Zap to hear. The Shinx barked in agreement, taking in the new sight as well.

A bit more time passed and Savannah began to feel the boredom of waiting creep to her mind. She leaned back in her seat. "This is taking a long time, when can we leave?" She asked herself when the sight of a snot nosed ice bear ran into her field of vision. "Oh hey I think someone in our group has a pokemon like that." She commented.

July 18, Monday - Blue Point Isle, Johto, Genevieve

Gene was being dragged through the island at such a quick pace, she kind of lost track of where she was now. She saw Esther and a few of the others run off to the Pokémon Center, and she wanted to follow, but Reina's grip was so tight it was more like a shackle than a hand. After being dragged around the market, she finally had a chance to breathe as they had stopped so Reina could look at everything. She let her and Desmond talk away, using it as an opportunity to slip out of her grasp and walk around on her own, she didn't really get to do that now. And when Reina got distracted by that snobby couple, she knew she had the chance to get away for a little. Beckoning Sam over, he followed Gene as she wandered off on her own to go look at what else this place had to offer.

As she waddled about, Gene looked off in the distance to see a small little touch pool. She had never seen anything like it, so she walked over and looked down inside of it, only to see a few Pokémon swimming around in it. Rolling up her sleeve a little, she put her hand into the water, feeling the small grains of sand slip between her fingers. She kept running her hand through it until she felt something under the sand, which upon rubbing it slightly, revealed itself to be a Stunfisk, which she promptly poked a few times before stopping, realizing she had no clue what it was. She then saw an Octillery, another strange Pokémon to her. When she reached out to touch it, it lightly grabbed her hand, but it also wouldn't let go, just as soon as she had gotten that hand free too. Annoyed, she tried to pull her hand away, but it's suction cups were a little too strong for her, and that's when she actually got upset, whining as she tried to pull harder.

It was only when Sam went over to the touch pool and slapped the Octillery in the face did it let go. He had a few choice words for them, and he let them hear it, all the way until he heard Gene let out a small "Pendejo", and he immediately was jaw-dropped. Sam then looked at Gene and put his hand over where her mouth would be if it wasn't covered by a scarf, and shook his head. Gene didn't understand though, she always heard Reina say that when there was someone she didn't like, and she didn't like that Octillery, so why wouldn't she say that? The Octillery had a single tear run down their face, their feelings eternally hurt by what Gene called him.

Esther
Monday, July 18 – Blue Point Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto Region​

‘Oh Joy, the snot bear.’ Nothing against the bear personally, but the droplet—Nah, it was far too big to be called a droplet. Let’s try again. The ridonkulous, gravity-defying, mother-of-all-boogers—a much better description by all accounts—was big as Cubchoo’s entire paw and looked thick enough to cut. A single look sent Esther’s skin crawling and her stomach churned; Arceus above, if it nasally snorted, she’d retch. Disgusting!

In spite of that, Esther kept her distaste under wraps; she smoothed things over with a strained smile.

“Hello, little one, did you come here with your trainer?” Well, of course, it had. “Where’s Shiro?”

Esther surveyed the room and found Cubchoo’s trainer close to the Nurse’s desk. Since Nâva seemed to be better, the Oblivian got up and walked over.

“Say, how do you deal with cleaning all the snot out of Cubchoo’s scarf?”

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

Initial: $6330

Everstone x 1 – $15,000.00

4:01 PM July 18th, Monday

- Blue Point Isle, Johto

Dustin had caught a glimpse of the brazen couple when they came in together and challenged Reina out of no where. Apparently they were the best multi-battle couple on the island. He didn’t even knows those were that popular here, which piqued his interest enough to get closer. As he did, Reina accepted the battle after hearing it was a ranked match and then asked Desmond or him to join. After spending some time with her on the raft, Dustin had come to learn she enjoyed battles, which explained the sudden shift in her attitude when they seemed to mock them. Dustin just smiled.

“Hey, I heard that you battle together as a couple. That’s cute! Those are some relationship goals for real.”

The teenager complimented the couple’s relationship in a jovial manner. They seemed to be a bit over the top, but Dustin figured it was due to their infatuation of one another. Yet, their cockiness showed even brighter. To be fair, they were right to assume he was an easy target, which is why Dustin didn’t really take offense. Dustin wanted to convey to Reina that, like Desmond, he wasn’t really a great Pokémon battler himself.

“But to be honest, I don’t know if…”

Before he could actually state anything else to Reina, Indigo suddenly burst out its Poké Ball with a fiery glimmer in its eyes. The Combusken faced the couple like it was ready to fight right now. It even pointed at them and let out a few chirps. Clearly, Indigo didn’t like being seen as not a challenge. Dustin smirked slightly and just shook his head when he saw his pumped up parter. Indigo missed its chance at a battle earlier, so this was its next opportunity. Dustin couldn’t do Indigo dirty again and looked to Reina again with a more confident expression behind his sunglasses.

“Whatever. Sure, yeah, let’s do this, Reina! Warning in advance, I’m not really the best at Pokémon battles. But hey, Indigo is fired up, so I gotta back my boy.”

Reina looked at the fired up Combusken and smiled, that's all she needed, a partner that was ready to go. "Alright let's go!"

The couple giggled when they saw the fire Pokemon and whispered at each other before offering to lead them to the field. But, before they could go, Reina noticed Gene was gone. She have gone far, they were on an island, but it still worried her. "Desmond could you go fetch Gene please? Sam tends to steal things and I don't want them getting in trouble."

The four trainers made their way to the side of the Pokemon Center, where a battlefield was set for practice, which included a pond of water around the arena while the center was a grassy field. Reina stood before the pond just as her rivals. As they prepared, the Rotom Drone lowered from the sky, displaying the faces of the couple and Reina.

"You're not registered for rank battles Dustin?" She asked, but the Rotom Drone proceeded to add an anonymous trainer in Dustin's slot.

"Bzzt- A multi battle has been issues, the winning team gets to rank up. Bzzt- Each trainer can only use one Pokemon. Ready?"

Reina stood on Dustin's left across Sun while Moon stood across Dustin. She sighed loudly as she gripped the Pokeball she would use, which wiggled, eager to be released. "Let's do this." She whispered as the Rotom announced the start of the battle.

Reina threw her Safari Ball across the field, followed by Sun and Moon's. From Reina's side, emerged a Dragonair, the long blue Pokemon curled up and spread her wings open, trying to look menacing. Across from them, Sun sent out an Onix and Moon a Cloyster.

"My my, that Combusken is gonna to be useless against our lovely Pokemon, right Moon?" Sun looked cocky as he looked at the battle field.

"Terrible choice against our dynamic combo!" Moon called out.

"Okay, and when did I become your babysitter?" Desmond asked Reina, but sighed in defeat as he figured this was a moot point. The fact was she had gotten head over heels into spiting this smug couple and seemed to even get Dustin to agree to it, or rather Dustin's partner seemed to agree to it. And it seemed Gene had gotten lost, based on what little he had seen of her this seemed to not be shocking but now he was tasked with finding and bringing her back.

While Desmond seemed annoyed, Politoed and Kricketune seemed happy to get a chance to search and explore the island some more. With a defeated look Desmond began to walk with his team as the search for Gene had began, and he only hoped he didn't have to search this whole island for it. Their search began by what seemed to be some small pools away from the shop.

"Hey Gene? Where are you!? Reina's worried!" Desmond called out as he tried to scan for the curious girl along with his partner mon.

"Poli! Polit!"

"Tune! Tune!"

Whirl Islands, Johto

Piper wandered deeper into town—not much of one, though; it was clear this was more of a summer destination and not a place where people lived year-round. She passed Desmond and his Pokémon running the other way, determined expressions on their faces as though looking for something specific, but he was gone too fast for her to make a comment on it, so she instead continued in the direction he had come.

"Oh!"

Well, she'd found Dustin and Reina, too. It looked like they'd gotten themselves into a double battle with another pair of trainers. Gosh, Reina's Dragonair was pretty! She hadn't had too many opportunities to see one up close before. Dustin's choice of Combusken seemed a bit less intuitive, given the opponents they were up against, but Piper was sure he knew what he was doing. She waved to the pair, then sat down on a nearby bench to watch the match, Sunny peeking over her shoulder.

After messing around with the Octillery, Gene moved onto the second touch pool, and it looked like this was where all the crustaceous Pokémon were. She walked along the pool, giving the Krabby and Corphish headpats as she went along. There were also some shellfish there, so some Shellder and Clamperl got some attention too. At that point, she knew it was time to move on to somewhere else, luckily it wasn't as crowded as some other places, so she didn't mind wandering around. Sam floated around her, pointing her towards a stand that was selling some seafood, GOD he could go for some seafood... but Gene shook her head at him, he would probably steal from there... which wasn't okay.

This upset him, sighing as he slumped over and accepting this defeat before turning around and seeing Desmond calling out for Gene. Perfect, a subject for him to convince to buy food for him. He quickly zoomed over, hovering around Desmond, then grabbing his arm to try and drag him towards Genevieve's general direction. He didn't just want a Clauncher po'boy, he NEEDED a Clauncher po'boy! Gene looked at them from a distance, realizing she still had her sleeve rolled up, and so in a panic, she quickly covered her arm back up, her sleeve getting slightly wet from the water.

Blue point isleeeeeees~ in Johto!
---

Cubchoo tilted his head cutely as he didnt understand why Esther is backing away from him.
Did he hurt her! Or Maybe she hated him for how he won a fight once! Did everyone else hated Glacier! Was his scarf in fact not green!!!

Too many questions! Too many dark thoughts! However, Cubchoo didnt believe any of it and Just thought that Maybe she is sick and doesnt want him to get even more sick! How nice of Miss Esther to do so!
When she asked him for where his Trainer is, Cubchoo pointed in Shiro's direction, why he waited by a nurse desk and when she left to meet with his Trainer. Cubchoo on the other hand, approached Zap Zap and smiled to the New potencial pokemon Best friend for life, or BFFL.

Shiro meanwhile was a Little bit started by Esther, but smiled and then chuckled due to hearing her question.
"Glacier has actually a great Control over that snot of his. Due to it being part of his powers, He usually manages to not dirty the scarf or even me on that matter. Well, It still can happen sometimes. However it Takes only 2 washings or so and my pokemons happy smiles are Worth the trouble."

4:11 PM July 18th, Monday

- Blue Point Isle, Johto

“Let’s see if you guys can back up those words!”

Dustin exclaimed with a confident grin as he pumped a fist. Indigo also gave fierce chirp back, showing that it wasn’t going to back down even after hearing their trash talk. There seemed to be a growing crowd of spectators as well at the battlefield. Although Desmond quickly made his escape to go find Gene, Piper at least showed up to watch their battle. Waving back to her, Dustin looked at the two Pokémon Indigo and Dragonair were up against. An Onix and Cloyster. The heat of the scorching summer sun seemed to be getting to Dustin as he was already starting to sweat. Even though Dustin wore a confident expression on his face, he actually had no idea what to do against the two Pokémon that had the type advantage against Indigo. On the hand, Indigo didn’t seem bothered by the two Pokémon it’s fighting-moves were super effective against and began to Bulk Up on its own when the match started. Unaware of this, Dustin spoke up to Reina.

“Alright, Reina, we’ll follow your lead!”

Esther

Esther took a second look at Glacier; its booger hung low, almost dragging across the floor.

‘Great Control? Sure, and I’m the Queen of Galar.’

Not that Esther would ever say that out loud.

“If you say so.” Nothing like the love between a trainer and his pokémon, it truly bordered on delusional. Regardless, Esther shrugged and turned to address the receptionist.

“Hi, I’d like to register for the Whirl Cup, but I don’t have enough water-type pokémon to participate. Where are the best places to catch water types?”

“If you aren’t interested in the common water types that can be found in the sea like Tentacool and Magikarp, then...Blue Lagoon, Raspberry reefs, or Ogi Isle are your best bets. Do you need directions?”

“No, but thank you for asking.”

“Alright, be careful around Blue Lagoon, the Chinchou are very aggressive this time of year.”

Esther thanked the receptionist once more and then shot aa a few messages Reina’s way:

‘Sorry about bolting earlier, Nâva was sick... (⁠。⁠ŏ⁠﹏⁠ŏ⁠).

‘It was dehydration; the nurse said all the salt water is bad for her species.

‘She’s much better now, thankfully; but I’m sending her back to Oblivia to relax for a while. There’s a Water-type tournament being hosted on the 22nd over on Red Rock Isle. That’s in four days, interested? You can sign up at the Pokécenter if you are, but you’ll need three water types to compete.

‘Shiro and Savannah are with me, and I think I’ll be heading to the next town—Blue Lagoon—ahead of you guys. I need to catch some water types! Meet you guys there?’

With that, she swiped to her pokétch’s map and set Blue Lagoon as the destination. Forty-five (45) minutes by foot and five (5) minutes by cable car.

Esther wheeled around to address Shiro and Savannah. “I’m going to take the Cable Car to Blue Lagoon, you two coming?

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Robert Dean
June 21st, 10 Years Ago
Pallet Town, Kanto
The jog to the laboratory was mostly uneventful, which was a welcome change of pace considering everything that happened prior. The song the reporter girl sang fluttered through the air as the trio of trainers approached the smoking laboratory. When Robert entered the lab, the first thing he noticed was the devastated condition it was left in: shards of glass peppered the floor while an assortment of papers were strewn about, likely caused by the thieves' frantic attempts at finding the papers they were looking for. The redhead cringed as he recalled the efforts he took to secure the papers were rendered moot, but shook it off as he took in more of his surroundings. Despite the smoke that leaked out of the building and polluted its interior, Robert was unable to find any kind of fire, which served as a mild relief. As Robert's eyes began to tear up, he realized the reason there was no fire to be found was because the smoke that leaked out the building was tear gas rather than ash.

Fully aware of his surroundings, Robert's attention shifted to the people present. The first person he took notice of was Acacia, thankfully alive enough to serve as the cleanup crew. Feeling a bit sheepish at seeing him clean while he did nothing, Rob felt compelled to help out, but not before listening to the second person that held his attention. The person in question was a girl around the same age as the reporter identifying herself as Nakano Saito, an assistant professor that received Professor Rowan's recommendation and more importantly, a guide for his upcoming journey. Upon hearing the prospect of having someone approximating a mentor, Robert's thoughts were mixed about the ordeal. At first, he was skeptical, thinking that Nakano could be someone like the thieves that had malicious intentions veiled beneath a cheery exterior. However, Mith quickly put those doubts to rest by reading her aura as best he could and finding that she was as genuine as they come. Now knowing that the assistant professor wasn't lying, Robert was still unable to come up with a way to respond to her. Sure he had originally came for guidance, but the idea that he could get consistent advice from someone didn't occur to him. He also couldn't answer on the behalf of the reporter girl either, having just met her, he wasn't opposed to her tagging along, but figured that she'd be better off making that decision. At a loss for words, Rob found it best to help Acacia clean up after the mess that was made, starting by picking up any paper he could locate and placing it on an easy-to-find desk.

A few hours of a combined cleaning effort allowed the Pokémon Laboratory to return to a fraction of its former glory. Sure, papers were stacked atop a desk rather than be lined in their proper filing cabinets and plenty of equipment needed to be replaced, but at least the lab wasn't left in complete disarray. This fact, along with Acacia's proficient explanation of recent events, gave comfort to Professor Oak when he saw the state of his lab upon his inevitable return. Out of the kindness of his heart, the old Professor allowed the trainers that gathered around to gather their bearings at the laboratory before setting out on their journey once again. Using the opportunity he was granted, Rob called his parents about the recent events using his Rotom Phone. His mother reacted with a mixture of pride and worry, proud that her son fought against the thieves, but worried about his safety. After reassuring his mother that he was ok and that he wanted to continue on his journey, Rob hung up the phone and walked over to Professor Oak. He came to Pallet Town for his guidance, and now was finally the time to get it.

"Um, Professor..?" Rob approached Oak hesitantly, understanding that he was a busy man and not wanting to irritate him after an already stressful day. Fortunately, the Professor turned to the rookie trainer with a smile, offsetting any worries the redhead had.

"Yes? What can I do for you?" Oak asked, shifting his gaze from Rob to the Bulbasaur that, unbeknownst to Rob, had been behind him. Oak chuckled when he noticed the Grass starter hiding behind the boy's leg, but chose not to reveal that information until later.

"I wanna know your beliefs about Pokémon growth," Trying to sound certain, Rob blurted out his question in the most basic form that he could think of, "What's the best way for a Pokémon to grow? That's what I'm asking,"

"Truth be told, young man, I don't believe there is 'best' way for Pokémon to grow," Gently placing his hand on Rob's shoulder, Oak began to give an informal lecture, "The way a Pokémon grows has to be assessed by a trainer. Different methods work for different Pokémon. As a new trainer, I encourage you to get out of your comfort zone, grow with your Pokémon. Trying new things and exploring new avenues is an essential part of a trainer's experience. As long as you're willing to keep an open mind and trust your Pokémon, you'll do fine," Rob pondered over the words the Professor shared with him, nodding slowly as the professor spoke.

"While I'd love to answer more of your questions, I don't want to halt you from your journey," Oak smiled before turning his attention to Nakano, "If you do have any more questions, I'm sure Ms. Saito would be more than happy to answer them for you. But on the topic of questions, I think someone has one for you, young man," At first, Rob was confused by Oak's statement, but his confusion was alleviated upon feeling a slight nudge on his right ankle. Turning to the source revealed the Bulbasaur that had helped earlier, tightly clutching a Pokéball in his vines.

"You wanna come with?" Tilting his head, Rob tried his best to make sense of the Bulbasaur's gesture. His inference was ultimately confirmed when the grass type nodded slowly while extending the Pokéball out to the boy's hand. Rob happily grabbed the Pokéball and returned the Bulbasaur's nod, finalizing that the two would travel together. Heeding Oak's second piece of advice, Rob turned to Nakano once he realized it was getting dark out.

"I don' think I'm gonna make it very far from here at this hour. You mind teaching me how to camp for the night Ms. Saito?"

Savannah

Seeing the snot nosed bear approaching him, the electric type pokemon took a lowered stance. When the Cubchoo was close enough, Zap Zap began jumping all around him, circling the other pokemon as a low growl escaped his mouth. Though this growl didn't appear to be aggressive. "Don't worry about Zap Zap, this is how he's like when he finds something new." Crouching down next to the Ice type, Savannah took a closer look at the pokemon before giggling to herself. "You really do look funny." She commented.

After a little bit, Esther's question drew the young woman's attention away from the ice bear. "Hmm? I don't know where that is but sure I'll come along." She quickly answered. Savannah wasn't going to be one to miss out on seeing something new and potentially exciting.

Esther

Savannah was on-board, great! Shiro was a bit preoccupied, so Esther stepped away and over to the pokécenter’s PC. Poké-catching maniac that she was, Esther already had a full team and then some.

“Take a break guys, I’m going to find us some new friends!”

She returned Nâva to her pokéball then sent her to her parents in Oblivia. The farm, with its many fresh-water tributaries, would be a great place for Nâva to recover. Esther also sent Tarah and Kasriel to Oblivia and in exchange, she had Pari called back to action.

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

Esther
Wednesday, June 8 – Aqua Resort, Sophian Island, Oblivia Region​

It didn’t take long for Esther to fill in the necessary forms with her details and set her delivery location to Aqua Resort. While Silph. Co. hadn’t opened any Pokemarts or other such buildings in Oblivia, all around the world their matter-to-energy technology was nearly indispensable.

Two Silph. Co. machines in separate locations could send objects between them regardless of distance in a matter of minutes. Of course, there were some limitations involved, but they wouldn’t come into play for something as simple as a Pokéball. From its home to Oblivia in less than five minutes!

Technology sure was something!

She called ahead so that the receptionist at the city hall—the only building with a Silph. Co. Machine—wouldn’t reject the transfer request from the Shelter; but first—“I’m headed out for a few, will you guys alright without me?”

Esther sat up, throwing her question towards some of the other teenagers, around her age, who were supervising with her.

“Sure, get me a Pinap soda.”

“I’ll take Bluk juice!”

“Watamel tea.”

“Petaya for me!”

“Urk—Petaya? Ew, that’s disgusting…”

Esther walked off to the sound of someone being dunked under water; she chuckled. Petaya juice…? He deserved it.

Esther
Wednesday, June 8 – Aqua Resort, Sophian Island, Oblivia Region​

Esther tottered along the stained-brick road; her arms spread to both sides as she weaved between the reds and greys; the floor was lava and storm clouds, and perilous to traverse. She focused intently on the only safe path; the water blue bricks a stream of single-bricked width. It was an act of boredom and balance. Her eyes stuck to the road, following it past the central fountain and diverting only twice. Once, to enviously eye the Starly splashing about in the central fountain and twice when she’d reached her destination—the Aqua Resort city hall.

Through the doors she went; they parted automatically, welcoming her out of the unbearable heat and into the aircon-ed city hall.

As always, the city hall was nearly empty. The Hall contained a large wooden desk, behind which sat this month’s designated receptionist who also doubled as an operator for the transmitter—a strange machine that allowed not only telecommunication but also the teleportation of small goods (from one transmitter to another, of course). Similar set-ups existed in Tilt Village and Cocona Village and their primary purpose was to allow the three residencies to quickly communicate and transfer goods.

When they had been introduced, nearly a decade ago, the transmitters had been the backbone of intervillage interaction; but ever since they had started importing phones and other devices, the transmitter’s main purpose, communication, had seen less usage. Nowadays, the city hall was simultaneously too under-utilized to warrant more than a single worker but also too important to leave completely unmanned. Ultimately, the transmitters had been relegated to the role of an emergency line, manned 24 hours a day and 7 days a week but rarely used outside of the occasional medical emergency.

This month’s receptionist was Miss Leila, an elderly lady with a special fondness for Ludicolo

“Esther deary, how can I help you?”

Among the islanders Esther was particularly close to Miss Lei, despite her age, the old woman had a passionate love for music, especially the upbeat, fiesta-styled songs o Ludicolo. She had been Esther’s dance teacher until she retired a few years back.

“Hey, Miss Lei! I’ve got a pokémon coming through the transmitters, it’s from out of the region.”

“A Pokémon?”

“That’s right! I’m setting off on my journey today.”

“That’s rare,” the elderly woman mused as she fiddled around with the machines, tapping through the menus at a sedated pace. “It’s a long trip from Tilt port to the Almia and the storms are more common this time of year, will you be alright?”

“I won’t be sailing, Shayan’s coming back to pick me up!”

“Oh, bless his heart, you kids have always been close.”

Esther made a noise at that but otherwise kept quiet.

“What’s the sender's address?”

“Of course, their sender address is...”

The elderly lady punched the address into the large, bulky machine. The transmitter was almost as tall as Esther herself and whirred with lights and humming. The main screen was about 14 inches, and just above that a high-res camera that could capture anything or anyone in front of the machine; just beneath the screen, Leila’s finger poked along the touch-screen keyboard.

“And...there.” The entire machine lit up, lights dancing across its surface and concentrating on the transmitter’s arm...or rather the actual transmitter. While the whole machine was often called ‘the transmitter’ only the arm—a funny-looking extended portion that ended with an inverted funnel—was responsible for delivering items.

Esther had seen the machine in action a few times before; it was always a startling process. The arm would flash aggressively and the machine whirring up a racket until whatever was present on the other side was reconstituted atom by atom.

The elderly lady returned to the expectant teen, “I notified the folks over at Renbow Island, their machine is set but they haven’t received any transmission from that address; you should come back in a few minutes.”

“Oh...Thank You.”

Esther turned away, deflated and mildly disappointed. On one hand, she’d made it before her Pokémon was sent and it would only be a matter of minutes until the transmission came through and on the other hand, she’d made it before her Pokémon was sent and it would be several, excruciating minutes until the transmission came through. Esther pulled a long face; a few minutes was just enough time to hit the store, buy the juices, and return. She wasted no time in doing just that.

Ten minutes later, the trainer-to-be returned with a paper bag filled with berry juices. Miss Leila waved her over the moment she stepped through the door. Nothing needed saying; a single Pokéball lay waiting on the desk, and it captured every facet of the girl’s attention.

Giddy excitement rushed through her veins, lighting up her smile like a mega-watt bulb juiced up by Raichu’s hundred-thousand-volt thunderbolt. She kept one eye on the Pokéball and another on the documents pushed towards her; Esther almost went cross-eyed. She tore through the paperwork, leaving a jittery scrawl of words barely legible as her signature; she could hardly keep herself still enough to do even that, but she knew these clearance forms needed to be filled out with the details that would be sent back to the Pokémon Project to confirm the adoption.

She left a fancy flourish on the last page, confirming for the umpteenth time that yes, she did understand that she was adopting a living breathing creature. Once she was done, she tossed the pen and snatched up the pokéball before the former had even hit the desk. She bounced from heel to toe, a gush of giggles gurgling from her throat.

“AlrightthanksforthehelpMissLeibutIgottagoandIllseeyoulaterbye!” She rushed out the door to the backdrop of the old woman’s chortling laughter.

Esther sat by the Aqua Font, the town’s central fountain. She rolled the Pokéball between her fingers. It was about the size of a golf ball (much smaller than she’d had been expecting, much heavier too!) and was a glossy shade of red & white, separated by a black divider and a small, white, button-like protrusion. Esther did what any self-respecting being of the curious persuasion would do and gave the white button a firm push. The device clicked; then it doubled, no tripled, in size and volume; expanding in a way that defied physics.

Wholly unprepared, Esther fumbled and butter-fingered the pokéball into the fountain. She froze as the Pokéball plopped into the water and burst open with a brilliant flash. As a whole creature suddenly and near-instantly displaced the water, the fountain compensated by spraying that water right into Esther’s face. She didn’t mind; nothing was gonna stop her from seeing her pokémon the moment it appeared.

As the light faded, Esther was met with a small, lizard-like creature. It was every bit the image she’d seen online...but even smaller than she’d expected and rather than the light grey scales of the online stock image, this Jangmo-o had darker smoke-stained scales.

For a moment, Esther and Jangmo-o stared at each other. The trainer peered down into the pool and meet the wide-eyed (and still widening) pupils of Jangmo-o, who—short thing that it was—was entirely submerged by the fountain’s waters and seemed to be processing that very predicament. Esther blinked. When she opened her eyes, those crimson pupils were right in front of her: large and lustrous, beautifully emotive as they mixed panic and confusion; a fraction of a second stretched out infinitely, until loud and wet came—THWACK!

It was high noon in Oblivia, and the Aqua Font played stage to an unusual spectacle. A girl in a gothic swimsuit rolled across the ground; her hands cupped to her face, wailing in clear agony. Just next to her was a small, scaly dragon, whose concern was not with the girl—the latter of whom now sported a heart-shaped bruise suspiciously like that of the drake’s lovely head scale on her face—but with aggressively preening the water from its scales.

The looks they got were not ones of respect.

Her throbbing face reminded Esther that, despite its small size, Jangmo-o packed a serious punch...purrfect!

Last edited:

"Follow my lead Duster!" Reina called out, focused on the match, "Alright Maya, let's start with-" before she could finish her Rotomphone interrupted, vibrating and letting out a "La cucaracha" tone, letting her know she was getting messages. That distraction lasted about two seconds, which was enough.

"Onix, Slam!" Sun called out, "Cloyster Rock Blast!" Moon followed.

Maya didn't have a choice but to receive the the hit, getting slammed into the water by the Onix's tail while Cloyster fired several stones towards Indigo.

"Sorry!" Reina called out while her Dragonair emerged from the water with an upset look.

"This is going to be easier than I thought." Moon called out giggling afterwards.

"Duster, we're going in, look for an opening." Reina tightened her fists as Maya jumped out of the water and landed on the grassy field. "Extreme Speed Dragon Tail!"

In a blink of an eye, Maya disappeared from view, quickly reappearing behind the Cloyster. The dragon's tail began to glow as the Pokemon coiled up and prepared to attack.

Thankfully it seemed the first spot he looked at had a result, as the girl herself appeared when he called for her. That saved him the effort of having to explore too far into this island, but before he seemed to have a chance to even get a word off Sam, that companion of hers if he recalled correctly grabbed his sleeve and attempted to move him over somewhere. This caused him to raise an eyebrow before he glanced to where Sam had tried to drag him which seemed to be a seafood stand of sorts.

"Alright time out, I am not your personal wallet. Now come on, we gotta get Gene to Reina and you you two can pester her for food." Desmond replied as he softly grabbed Sam's wrist and attempted to walk over to motion for Gene to follow. However, it seemed that Gene & Sam had not been the only ones hungry as both Politoed and even Kricketune as both looked on with a gleam in their eye at the stand. Desmond had a sweat drop as he realized it had been a while since he fed them and realized he'd be going nowhere fast. He sighed in defeat.

"Alright, one meal each. Then we head back to Reina so she gets off my back." Desmond muttered and walked with the pair and his team over to the seafood stand. He made a mental point to remind Reina of this so she owed him.

Last edited:

4:14 PM July 18th, Monday

- Blue Point Isle, Johto

Unfortunately, thanks to whoever had texted Reina, their opponents had gotten the opportunity to strike first. Their target ended up being Dragonair. It was probably because the duo saw Reina and her partner as more of a threat. The couple were right to assume that, but that didn’t mean Indigo was just going to stand there and watch. Dragonair attacked first, with Reina calling out a combo move. Dustin couldn’t even even see how fast the dragon type Pokémon moved. He had a look of awe on his face, but Dustin didn’t have time to be amazed as Reina told him to look for an opening.

“Um, uhh… oh! Now! While they’re focused on Dragonair, try to do a Quick Attack Low Kick on the Onix, Indigo.”

Indigo gave a chirp, acknowledging the command before it attempted to move toward the unaware rock snake at a fast speed similar to the Dragonair. Likely unbeknownst to the other, Indigo would gradually get faster throughout the battle. With its Speed Boost, Indigo should be able to move faster than its opponents. Then if it actually reached the Onix, it’d use a Low Kick with the intent to strike the heavy Pokémon down.

"Onix!" Sun cried out while the giant rock snake fell across the field.

"Withdraw!" Moon cried out and the Cloyster disappeared into its shell right before Maya's tail slammed down on it.

With the big rock type across the field, Maya was trapped in a one vs one against the Cloyster. But the giant snake was reacting as it opened it's eyes and began to get up.

"Maya, keep pressuring Onix, Aqua Tail!"

The Dragonair stood tall and aimed at the rock Pokemon. Her tail became engulfed in water as it sprung forward ready to strike the rock type.

"Rollout!" Sun called out with a smirk on his face.

Something that caught Reina completely of guard happened. The giant rock Pokemon curled up, rolling out of the way, causing Maya to head directly towards the Combusken. At the same time, the Onix was gaining momentum, looking to turn soon and head back to hit its enemies.

Sam was pleased to see that Desmond had come around on the decision to go and get some delicious food. He let go of Desmond's arm, hovering around him before going off towards the stand. He couldn't wait, finally the succulent seafood he so rightfully deserved! Gene slowly followed him, standing in line as they both waited patiently for their walle- I mean Desmond. Just sniffing the air, Sam could tell that what was being made in there was pristine, that you couldn't get any better! But... as much as he wanted to get everything on the menu... Desmond did set some ground rules... the big one being one meal only. His need to feed wasn't so easily satiated, something would have to be done later to take care of his monstrous appetite.

July 18, Monday - Blue Point Isle, Johto, Eveline

"WHAT?! What do you mean I can't enter the Whirl Cup, this is a load of shit! I have 3 Pokémon that live in the water, and just because they're not all Water types you won't let me in?! What, next thing you're gonna tell me is that even though a Magnezone is basically a spaceship, it can't do Sky Battles?! I have half a mind to send out Disorder right now and make YOU all Topsy-Turvy! Urrrgh! Whatever, I don't need to be in some tournament run by a bunch of Johtoan snobs!"

Eveline then turned around, stomping away from the sign-up area before heading to the Pokémon Center and leaning against the outside of it. She reached into her purse and pulled out a pack of cigarettes, pulling one out of the pack and then putting it away, she needed a smoke... she also pulled out a matchbook and used one of the many matches in there to light her cig, she preferred the more natural taste over the chemical infused waste from a lighter. She just couldn't believe the nerve of those people... to not let her in just because Overqwil and Malamar weren't Water types... stupid, utterly stupid. Ruination needed some sort of battle soon, otherwise they'd get antsy...

Savannah

After having her fun observing the snot nosed bear, Savannah caught a glimpse of Esther using a peculiar machine next to the counter. Her curiosity drawn, the young woman stood up and strolled over to the other girl. She first spent a moment silently observing over Esther's shoulder, trying to see if she can guess for herself what this machine was for. When she figured out that she knew nothing about this contraption, the girl spoke up. "Hey what's this thing?" She asked bluntly.

Johto, Blue Point Isle, July 18th
-

Shiro simply nodded and said "Sure! I wouldnt mind to catch a fourth pokemon for myself and it may be a great occasion to do so"

The cutest bear alive, whose snot doesnt affect cuteness (Totally not based comment) headed back to his Trainer and got onto his shoulder, as Shiro walked up to both Savannah and Esther.
"Damn, you have a lot of pokemons, dont you Esther?" He said and whistled, seeing how she changed squad of her team.

Esther

“This...?” Esther’s head tilted, following Savannah’s eyes. “Oh, you don’t have these where you live?" A Cheshire grin crossed her lips.

"This is a PC; it connects to the Pokémon Storage System where trainers can store their extra pokémon. You can also use it to transfer pokémon and small items to another location; I don’t use the Pokémon Storage System since I send all my pokémon to my home, in Oblivia.” Esther preened as she explained; she reveled in finally being the more informed member of a group.

When she finished, she noticed Shiro had also finished whatever he was doing and had voiced his support for catching some pokémon.

“Great! And I don’t have that many pokémon, only seven...soon to be nine. Don’t worry ‘bout it!”

“I checked the map; Blue Lagoon is up north so we should find the cable cars somewhere on the northside of city.” A small grin settled onto Esther’s lips, and she led the group forward. “Do any of you guys need to stop at the Pokémart first? For pokéballs, maybe?”

The thought had crossed her mind as they walked towards the Pokémon Center’s exit. Esther only had two pokéball herself, but since she was only out to catch two pokémon then two pokéballs were all she needed.

She stepped out onto the streets and her nose immediately crinkled with distaste—smoke. Not far from the Pokécenter’s entrance was a woman, she looked a bit older than Esther herself, but more importantly, she held a cigarette on her lips.

“Hey, this is a no smoking zone!” Esther waved her hands towards the pokécenter. “Medical facility and all.”

Pokéball x2
Seal Case

4:16 PM July 18th, Monday

- Blue Point Isle, Johto

Indigo gave a smirk when its attack knocked the giant rock snake away. After landing an attack, its confidence was boosted alongside its speed. That’s why Indigo didn’t feel the need to wait for another command from Dustin. Indigo saw that the Onix managed to juke Maya with a Rollout and led the Dragonair his way instead. Not wanting to hit or get hit by his teammate, Indigo instinctively use Flame Charge to quickly move out of the way with blazing speed and aimed to switch opponents with Maya by targeting the shielded Cloyster.

“Indigo, do… uh, yeah, that!”

Meanwhile, Dustin was left in the dust. The teen had hesitated when he saw Maya heading towards Indigo. Fortunately, the Combusken was quick on its feet.

Reina couldn't help but smile at the reaction Dustin gave when his Combusken moved on his own, just like when Maya used to do the same with Reina not so long ago. She watched as her Dragonair slammed her tail on to the grass, splashing water around and then quickly turning to face her opponent.

The Onix had rolled around the Cloyster and was heading towards Maya. The Dragonair didn't seem eager to move out of the way however, instead she looked like she wanted to take on the giant Pokemon head on.

"I feel you Maya! Aqua Tail!"

The dragon smirked as she lunged forward towards the incoming Rollout attack. She spun in the air to give herself more momentum and allow her Aqua Tail to hit as strong as possible. The two attacks collided sending the Onix flying and landing inside the pond while Maya hit the ground rolling.

At the same time the Cloyster had reopened itself and set its eyes on the fire typing moving around quickly. "Rock Blast again!" Moon called out. Five stones formed around the water Pokemon and it fired them one after the other in the direction of Indigo, trying to predict where he would move to.

Eveline had been minding her own business and destressing... and then some girl decided to call her out on taking a smoke break. Okay, fine, it was right outside the Pokémon Center, but could she get a break for once, she didn't have the patience to deal with this. She took her cig and sighed, crumpling it in her hand and then crushing it with her foot to snuff out the flame. She crossed her arms and looked at the girl, not that Esther could see her eyes behind those shades. One thing that was clear was that Eveline did not want to put up with this kind of crap.

"Well, sorry that I want to destress after those snobs won't let me into the Whirl Cup. Not like I would want to now anyways... came all the way from Oblivia for this garbage... what a waste of time and effort... next thing you know, Ruination is gonna start spraying spikes everywhere... well, if you're just gonna stand there staring at me, then you can make yourself useful. Fight me, girl. You owe me after ruining my smoke break..."

Esther

‘Oblivia?’ Esther startled and then narrowed her eyes, inspecting the girl: tanned skin, wavy blond hair, and a voice that...wasn’t at all familiar to her. Despite the girl’s claims, Esther couldn’t put a finger on her identity. That was strange. People didn’t often move to Oblivia and if someone had moved to Oblivia then Esther would’ve certainly known. The entire region consisted of a mere three towns, and to even refer to them as towns was generous. It was more like three villages. Having lived there for all her life, Esther was beyond certain she knew every person in Oblivia who was around her age.

“Rude,” Esther scoffed, owed her a battle? The Oblivian bit back a retort. “If it’s a battle you want then it’s a battle you got. The pokécenter has battlefields out back.” Esther beckoned for the girl to follow and headed behind the pokécenter. The Inland pokécenter’s battlefield was semi-aquatic, consisting of a large pool with a smattering of floating platforms.

Two pokéballs on Esther’s waist shook eagerly but considering the battlefield...“Pyrrha! Pyrrichios!”

With an eager flash, Pyrrha the Jangmo-o landed atop a floating platform. The waters beneath her rippled with the added weight and Pyrrha hunkered down, both to secure her balance and so she could rattle a challenge towards her foe-to-be.

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

Savannah

"Wow." While Savannah didn't understand everything Esther was explaining, the parts that did get through to her were all fascinating new information for the young woman. The other girl was right, she didn't have these so called PCs where she was from, she barely had any human made contraptions in the first place. She's never had real interactions with technology until her run in with the human settlement and even then she didn't engage with it much. "So you can send pokemon to other places using this big box? How does it work? Can I sent them anywhere I want? What does storage mean?" A sea of questions flooded out of the wild woman's mouth, eager to learn more about this new machine. However, it appeared Esther has already walked off. Savannah turned around and found Esther near the Pokemon Center's entrance. "Huh, oh hey wait for me."

After arriving at the entrance where Esther and another woman had some kind of confrontation, Savannah accidently inhaled some leftover smoke from Eveline's crushed cigarette and let out a loud cough. "Gha what was that? It tasted horrible, like burnt meat!" She exclaimed.

Last edited:

Desmond moved to the front of the stand, one child and three Pokemon he had to cover. Great. He hoped Reina appreciated what he was doing for this kid, or at the very least covered the expense he had paid out of his own pocket. But, he had intended to get lunch for his team anyway, so he figured internally things could've been worse all things considered.

He ordered his own selection, and allowed everyone else to do the same as the seafood vender worked to deliver their meals. For Desmond, he had gotten himself a pair of fish kabobs; one for himself, and another that Politoed and Kricketune could split between them. He had to admit the food here looked good, and it had been a while since he had a decent meal as he tried to conserve his finances perhaps a bit too stingy so...this had been a nice treat for himself.

Genevieve stood in line with all of her other compatriots, and when they got to the front, she... didn't order anything. She wasn't really that hungry, and she didn't want to be rude to Desmond... he already had to pay for Sam's food. Sam had gotten himself what he wanted, and he hovered away slightly so he could take the first bite of his sandwich. He chomped away at it, and his eyes lit up with delight, his mouth quivering as his insatiable lust for food was somehow being sated. It was so juicy, so rich, and most importantly, tasted incredible! He just kept eating away at it, completely ignoring the Clauncher looking at him from the touch pool in complete horror as he consumed who was probably his friend at one point.

Eveline followed Esther to the back of the Pokémon Center, putting her hand on her waist with the Poké Balls and watched as Esther sent out her little Jangmo-o. Thinking for a moment, she realized this wouldn't be fair, it looked like Esther's Pokémon were nowhere near as strong as hers. She chuckled, looking at Esther with a small grin before taking her hand off her waist and flipping her hair back.

"...On second thought, let's not do this. I wouldn't want to crush your pride or anything... it's not supposed to be an insult to you, but I would absolutely stomp you in a battle. It's just a matter of experience, which it looks like you don't have nearly enough to match me in strength. Maybe at some point later, but definitely not now. And just to make sure you don't forget what you owe... I'll stick with you for a little while."

Esther

Esther scoffed but didn’t protest further. She knew that her inexperience was her greatest demerit; although she’d grown immensely in the last half-dozen weeks or so, she was still no match for seasoned trainers. Time simply wasn’t on her side.

“The more the merrier, welcome to the party; You got a name smoker-girl? I’m Esther, from Oblivia; and I don’t think I’ve ever seen the likes of you around.” Esther crossed her arms and narrowed her gaze on Eveline. As suspicious as Esther was, she couldn’t figure out why anyone would want to impersonate an Oblivia native or, for that matter, whether she should even do something about it. Ultimately, she decided not to press the matter.

“You mentioned the Whirl Cup, well, we’re heading to Blue Lagoon to catch some water types. Maybe you can snag a few and still participate?”

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

4:17 PM July 18th, Monday

- Blue Point Isle, Johto

With Maya now focused on the Onix, it seemed like it would be Indigo’s task to handle the Cloyster. Dustin had gotten some time to catch up to the flow of things with Indigo moving around. The Cloyster had used Rock Blast to block the Combusken from hitting it with Flame Charge. Dustin didn’t much time to think if he wanted to shout out a command.

“Keep using flame charge to avoid the rocks and then use flamethrower!”

The teenager couldn’t think of other ways that would allow Indigo to deal with the rocks without being left wide open for another attack. At least this way, Indigo could continue using one move and then switch to the next once there was an opening.

"Eh, guess I should've explained better... I don't live in Oblivia, I was just visiting a... friend... there. And a certain professor thought it nice to hook up my hog with some fancy new experimental tech, and now I ride a Honchkrow everywhere, so you can probably guess what happened. I actually live in Unova, but I had some loose threads to tie up here as well... and the Whirl Cup was on the way, so I thought why not?"

It was definitely hard to cover up who she was and where she came from, but she thought she did a good enough job spouting lies... even though all of it was pretty much true, with a couple of twisted details. Then her name was asked. This could prove as a problem in the future... but she could likely let this one go?

"...Eveline. And while I'll go with you to this Blue Lagoon, I ain't catching anything there. Nothing in these waters are exactly my style, if you get what I'm saying. Plus I'm preeeetty sure I'm not gonna be let in regardless... I said some shit I likely shouldn't have..."

"Okay Dustin let's finish this, I have to find Gene." Reina told her battle partner as she pointed at the Onix emerging from the water. "Ready Maya?"

"Don't get cocky!" Sun called out as his Pokemon roared at the Dragon across the field from him.

Meanwhile, the Cloyster growled as his Rock Blast didn't land and the fighting chicken seemed to get even faster. "Hydro Pump!" Moon called out to counter the incoming Flamethrower attack. The clam Pokemon aimed at the flames and fired a powerful blast of water towards it, hoping to overpower it and hit the target.

"Maya Extreme Speed!"

In a second, Maya appeared above the Onix and slammed her tail down on it. The impact seemed to have hit harder than it should have as the Onix once again went crashing down, the top half of its body landing outside the water.

"Onix get up, Hyper Beam!" Sun called out, but the rock type didn't respond. "Oh no..." Sun's smile faded away as he looked to his partner for forgiveness.

Politoed and Kricketune seemed to have less reservations over fish, probably due to neither of them being of the same "type" of creature they had been and also because they just had been hungry. Regardless Desmond also seemed to enjoy his meal but his attention shifted to Gene and Sam as now that he had the pair he could finish his little errend.

"Alright got your food. Now come along, Reina is worried and waiting. Also there's a Pokemon Battle you guys can watch if you are into that thing." Desmond said as he gently worked to lead the group back to Reina, mindful to keep close to Gene just to be safe in the event he got sidetracked on the way back towards Reina.

Elsie Titanlia, 14 year old
June 21st, 10 years ago; Pallet Town, Kanto
Elsie and Alvin arrived at the lab not too long after the other kids. It was... an even bigger mess than what Apple's lab was. It was as if someone had riffled through everything and an explosion went off. She glanced around at the ruined lab, hoping no one was hurt. Her main concern was not the other kids, though. It was Oak. Professor Apple was quite clear that she needed Oak to get that note, but he wasn't here. Yet, anyways. Did something happen to him because of the lab's, well, attack? She had no idea, but she was willing to stay here until he returned. She wasn't really paying attention to what the oldest was saying, well until she brought up that she was Professor Oak's assistant. Maybe she knew where Professor Oak was?

If she did know, she didn't say it, though. But she did say something about being a guide, not specifically for her, but she would be willing to guide more people if the trio she was guiding ok with it. She smiled to herself. If she got herself inside their good graces, maybe, just maybe, they would take her with them. She had no clue where to go in Kanto. Some sort of guide would be an Arceus-send. Better than constantly getting lost. She smiled and waved. "Hey! I have no idea what's going on here, but I came over to deliver a letter to Professor Oak by my region's professor. If he isn't here, I'll help out until he returns." Alvin acted cute, wiggling his floppy ears and squeaking. "Also, I don't know Kanto that well. Well actually at all. Could I maybe join you, too? It would help me a lot."

No matter their answer, Elsie helped out with cleaning while some rested and others cleaned. After all, it was only right as she had nothing better to do. Like, what was she going to do, lord over them smugly and did nothing? That was extremely rude and simply lazy. She was many things, but she did not consider herself rude or lazy. Though, she was a prankster at heart and found herself pulling a few on the party while they were cleaning up the lab, mostly on the assistant. She seemed like she could handle them well, in Elsie's personal opinion. The other girl and boy with the Riolu, she assumed could handle them well, too. However, the other two, the quiet kid and Mr. Independent, she doubted would handle them well.

When Oak returned, she continued to help clean. She wasn't just going to drop off a letter and then just bounce! Actually, bouncing away from something sounded fun. Maybe she should do that later... but not now! The cleaning was getting boring, but she needed some sort of guide, and the best way for her to be accepted was if she helped! However, when they were done cleaning and once Mr. Independant and Riolu kid were finished speaking to Professor Oak, she skipped over, letter in hand. "Professor Apple asked me to give this to you since I was going to Kanto." She gave off a single hum and smiled, swaying back and forth like an energetic child handing something in with the letter outstretched in the professor's direction.

@kyuukestu @RenzFlintrock