• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

~Aldon Charlton, Spooky halloween party...~

A large country house sat on a large hill with a long winding dirt road which lead an old side road five miles outside the outskirts of town. Looking down the hill lay a large pond with a small floating dock near the center. Tons of hoof prints littered the edges of the pond as dozens of milktank would drink from and cool off in the pond on hot days. Barboach and whiscash swam in the water. Occasional squirtle or wingull could be spotted at the pond.

At the large farmhouse stood several pumpkaboo decorations and various paper zubats hanging from rails. Inside the main room of the home were more decorations, props and an assortment of food. People laughed and chat amongst one another, and in the midst of this party was one Aldon and Skol. Aldon was dressed up as a pokémon ranger and Skol wore a fake shelder on his tail.

The party was going pretty well. Aldon was boring and occasionally entertaining guests with archaeology tales. Skol was slowly levitating all the chips away from the bowl and into his maw. One chip at a time. Though Skol was careful not to touch the barbeque chips.

A beer in one hand and a slice of pizza in the other? Aldon was having a pretty good time at the party. So much so that he had actually put little thought to his journey thus far. But this was a Halloween party! Worrying about adventures was a tomarr' problem. Aldon raised his drink with cheer.

Madison Morgan
Monday, July 18th
Blue Point Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto

Madison stepped out of the cable car and onto the Plateau. In order to enter the Whirl Cup, she needed to find Water types, and plenty. She never really understood monotype tournaments, since she considered it unwise to make a team entirely made up of one type of Pokemon. Still, she wanted to enter, so she knew the Blue Lagoon was the place to go.

She already had her Totodile, which was one of the three necessary Water types to enter, so she knew she'd only need two more. Her main problem was whether or not she would be able to catch any Pokemon of her own. Having been given her Totodile by the professor, she had never caught her own Pokemon before, or even attempted to. She still somewhat had a fear of them and was still getting used to her Totodile's behavior.

"I promised myself I'd do this," she said to herself, holding Totodile's ball in her hand. "It's what mom would've wanted, right? I can do this. For her." She began walking towards the Lagoon, debating which Pokemon would be her best shot to win the Water type tournament.

Rick
Tuesday, June 14th - Relic Castle, Unova

After going down the stairway, Rick peeked inside the next room. Iris stretched her neck to do the same, and both looked at opposite directions. Rick was also surprised by the state of the room compared to the previous ones. "Hmm, this one doesn't look as desecrated as the others. You can tell they really put some effort on this one." He commented. "Well, that's arquitecture for you. The deeper you build, the more durable the structure must be, or it won't last very long." Chris said.

Rick didn't waste much time and headed towards the next room right away. The tricky part was that now the path wasn't as linear as it had been so far, with each room having between two or three paths to choose from. The rooms also looked mostly the same, save for the occasionaly colapsed pillar in some of them. Either way, orientation was tough. "We were in this one already, didn't we?" Rick muttered, scratching his hair. His thoughts would eventualy be interrupted when two Cofagrigus showed up levitating ahead of him. And they were just as friendly as the pokémon Rick had come across (Not). "On second thought, I don't remember seeing you guys, so I assume this is in fact a new room." Rick said.

Soon after, each Cofagrigus fired three Will-O-Wisps directly at Rick, although Iris jumped in to intercept and absorb the flames, with her mane turning into a blue tone as her Flash Fire was triggered. "Flamethrower!" Rick commanded. Iris lowered her head and engulfed herself in flames before shooting a fire stream at the two Cofagrigus. However, the two Ghost-types hid inside their coffins and protected themselves from the attack. "Right. As if we thought this was gonna work." Rick commented. The two pokémon then opened up and fired two Shadow Balls. Rick quickly jumped onto Iris as the mare leaped out of the way to avoid them, then issued another command. "Drill Run!"

Iris started galloping towards one of the Cofagrigus as her horn started glowing with spiraling light shaped into a drill. One Cofagrigus stretched their arms to try and grab her without success, while the other fired another Shadow Ball. Iris then lunged at one of the Cofagrigus at the same time the Shadow Ball hit the floor, ramming it at its center. This, however, caused several shadowy tendrils to come out from the sides of that Cofagrigus, wraping around the mare as she landed back on her feet. Rick riding on her back also got entangled by these tendrils.

"Forgot about Cofagrigus's special ability?" Chris asked from the headset. "Not now, Chris! We're in a bit of a... tight spot, if you understand." Said Rick. Iris started biting the tendrils in an attempt to tear them, but to no avail. Rick then managed to reach and grab Zephir's pokéball to send out the Grass-type. "Zephir! Cut those tendrils!" He shouted. The leafy cat nodded, then the leaf on his head glowed green as he slashed the tendrils with an overhead swing of Leaf Blade. The shadowy tendrils dissipated as he did so. Iris shook her body as her flames grew up again, while Rick stretched his back in relief. "Much thanks!" He said to Zephir. Meanwhile, the Cofagrigus fired another Shadow Ball, this time at the Leafeon. "Energy Ball!" Rick shouted. Both spheres crashed into each other midway and exploded. The other Cofagrigus shaped two of its arms into claws and stretched them towards Zephir and Iris. Zephir quickly jumped onto Iris's rump and Iris leaped back to avoid the claw.

"Any plans?" Chris asked. "Yes, actually. Running away. It became clear a while ago there's no point wasting time with these pokémon." Rick answered. With a touch of his leg, he urged Iris to run through the nearest doorway. The Ghost-types gave chase, and while Iris couldn't run nearly as fast as she normaly could, Cofagrigus are amongst the slowed pokémon and lack the ability to phase through walls like some other Ghost-types. A trade-off for the extra protection from their coffins. Iris continued to run despite having lost the pursuers already. "Why do I feel like we're running in circles?" Rick shouted. Until they went through one room somewhat different from the others, with a few ancient vases as decoration. Rick was about to tell Iris to stop, when suddenly a giant pokémon erupted from below Iris, dislodging both Rick and Zephir and sending the mare into the air.

Zephir actually landed on his feet just fine. But Rick was sent rolling through the ground. Iris had the worst of it, landing on her back after having taken the full blow on her belly. "God damnit, what the hell was this?" Rick grumbled, wincing as he tried to get up. Looking over his shoulder he saw an Onix, angrily staring at them and roaring. Rick got back on his feet while Zephir went to check on Iris, who was still down. The Grass-type put his paws on Iris's belly where she took the blunt of the attack and started healing her with Refresh. It would be a slow proccess, though. Rick glanced at the two pokémon, before staring back at the rock snake

"This couldn't be worse." Rick muttered, holding Pearl's pokeball in hand. Chris then called out for one particularity about this Onix, which didn't go unnoticed. "Woah, hang on! Do you see that red aura around that thing?" He shouted from the headset. Rick tossed the pokeball into the air, releasing Pearl. "I do... and I really don't like it." He said, before adopting a fighting stance. Pearl hovered above her trainer, glimpsing at her partner pokémon before focusing on the Onix in front of her.

Esther
Monday, July 18 – Blue Point Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto Region​

“Charming.” Esther rolled her eyes and made an about-face; maybe her compatriots had yet to decide on their course of action or maybe they simply had no plans to do anything at all. Whatever the case, since they hadn’t given a response then she took it as her cue to leave.

After a moment’s thought, Esther abandoned thought, picked a random direction, and began walking. On the trip over, the Oblivian had done a bit of research. The Whirl Islands were known to have several underground tunnels and water bodies, many of which connected inland freshwater to the ocean. As a result, pokémon that were usually only found in the ocean sometimes swam upstream and ended up inside freshwater bodies.

If it were entirely up to her, Esther might’ve sought out a Magikarp and worked on evolving it into Gyarados. Joyce’s Gyarados had left a strong impression; Gyarados would be a powerful addition to her team. Alas, it wasn’t up to her. Members of her team could only be stumbled upon and not sought out.

As she ambled forward Esther absentmindedly polished Halay’s pokéball with her thumb and hummed a tune.

"I couldn’t help but to tell you I’d be alright~♩
When, to be true, it was tearing me apart inside~♩
But it didn’t matter since you’re walking away so swiftly in front of me~♪
And your figure is the only thing I see~♪”

“Plane has arrived, now is the time
You’re going away again
As I try to run, it seems like the ground is slipping from underneath me~♫”

“I shouldn’t cry, I shouldn’t cry
But I can’t seem to hold it in
Oh, please don’t leave me...♩”

- - - - - - -

Esther walked for some time, her journey rather uneventful until, suddenly, a wave of distress assaulted her mind. The Oblivian froze and shrunk backward, afraid of some phantom menace; it took a few moments for her to recover—it always stunned her when strong emotions were conveyed through the Telepathic link, all the more when they were so sudden. Shaking off the lingering feelings, Esther broke into a sprint. “Pari!”

“Muuu~”

Esther got flashes of imagery and emotion, vague concepts and feelings that she slowly parsed into a message—not far, many pokémon, outnumbered, overwhelmed, afraid, helpless. The girl grimaced and redoubled her efforts. Help was on the way.

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

Initial: $6330

Everstone x 1 – $15,000.00

Madison Morgan
Monday, July 18th

Madison hadn’t found much of interest within the town. In the past she’d have spent a long time there, going from store to store and seeing if anything was worth purchasing, but her new mission called her away from her old hobbies. The sooner she could get to the Lagoon, the sooner she could figure out how to catch some Water types to train for the tournament.

Eventually she had reached the edge of the water. No Pokemon were in sight from where she was standing, so she started to walk down the edge of the lagoon.

The quiet atmosphere calmed her nerves and she closed her eyes, continuing to walk along the water. At one point she could’ve sworn she’d heard a faint vocal sound, but she’d written it off as her mind playing tricks on her.

After a while, she opened her eyes and realized how far down the water’s edge she’d walked. Looking at the surface, she was in awe of how beautiful nature could be. Due to her fear of Pokemon, she’d hardly ever journeyed this far from home in her whole life. Knowing that there were sights like this to see on her quest made her feel a bit more at ease with the task she’d taken up.

The silence was disturbed, however, by a loud sound of footsteps. The girl looked up, and in the distance she could see another person running, with a pink shape she did not recognize following behind them.

Madison wondered whether or not she should approach the figure. The behavior she’d witnessed was definitely strange to her, and part of her worried that the person may be hostile. However, she had no clue what she was doing out her, and this person could help her to get a better grasp on her surroundings.

‘It’s worth the risk,’ she thought to herself. Trying to shake off her worries, she began walking in the direction of the running figure in the distance.

July 18, Blue Point Isle, Jotho
Savannah

"Oh I understand now... mostly. Sounds like fun, maybe I'll participate too." Exclaimed Savannah. Of course, she didn't have any water type pokemon, but this was something that could be remedied rather easily considering where they're headed. "Hey Zap Zap, I'm going to try catching a few pokemon."

-----
After the cable car reached it's destination, Savannah followed the group out. She was rumaging through her bag until she pulled out one of the few pokeballs that was packed for her. "Alright I got this out, now how do I use it again?" She mumbled to herself.

She then caught the sight of Esther perching her Munna atop her head. This caused the girl to let out a chuckle. "Heh, that looks fun, hey Zap Zap come here." Without wasting any time, the young woman lifted her companion up and placed him atop her head, not understanding why Esther had done it herself. The wild duo didn't particularly care though, as Zap Zap was quite happy to have a higher point of view.

While the girl and her partner were goofing around, Esther's sudden halt caused them to jump back as well. "Whoa! what happened?" Savannah asked out loud. However, without receiving an answer, Esther ran off once again. "Hey wait!" Her cries fell on deaf ears as the other girl was already gone. "This is the second time this happened, what's up with her?" The wild born girl asked herself before beginning to chase after her travel buddy once again. "Oh well, the first time was because of something important so this time is probably the same."

Kaden Miller - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh
Kaden continued to listen to Ezio talk more about the Oblivia region. He cupped his chin and looked thoughtful, "Interesting.. If I were considering traveling, then Oblivia seems like a prime location to go and relax at," He commented and even Etna gave a huff, as if she agreed.

"I haven't travelled anywhere outside of Sinnoh as I've been focused on my career as a coordinator, but perhaps a change of scenery would be in place for me," Kaden said and moved his hand from his face to the chair's armrest.

"I get the impression that you've travelled a lot, or am I wrong in making this assumption?"

Lara Brook - 10th of June - Route 3, Galar
"Yeah, it probably would take ages," Lara replied, throwing a glance to Nicole's way before returning her focus back into snapping pictures of the frolicking mudbray together with Rotom. Then one of the donkey-like pokemon turned it's head to face the women, but stopped to smell the air as if to try and confirm something. Lara stopped taking photo's for a moment to observe what the pokemon was doing as the ground type pokemon approached her with a joyful bounce in it's leisure pace. It calmly stopped in front of the photographer and took a few whiffs and looked up at the red haired woman.

"Bray,"

"W-well hello there," Lara said, slightly cautious as the mention of mudbray's strength still lingered in the back of her mind, but this was still a pleasant surprise. Her Rotom chuckled and turned to take a picture of their trainer and the mudbray.

Gwen Tucker - 16th of June - Old Chateau, Eterna Forest, Sinnoh
Gwen looked up at Ron and then back down at the phone, "Oh.." she said in a somber tone and poked at the screen. The phone did a slight 'brzzzt' but didn't really react any more than that. Before she could really do anything else, Ron prompted her with a question.

"Yeah I am!" she said with her vigor quickly returning back to her, "I'm here at Eterna city to challenge the gym, but I'm planning on trying to train with Cobalt before that. Maybe catching a pokemon since the Eterna gym is specialized in grass types and if I find something cool enough to catch," the young trainer explained, but then a question popped into her mind.

"Hey Mr. Punk, do you have any badges?" she then asked turning to look up at Ron again, "I bet you've got plenty with how strong you and your pokemon are,"

July 18, Monday - Blue Point Isle, Johto, Eveline

After seeing Esther's act of impatience, Eveline sighed, then grunted as she followed Esther along, Dominance flying down and perching herself on Eveline's shoulder. Her talons dug in a bit, but it wasn't really anything too painful. She had no idea where she was going, did she? And yet, she followed Esther, not wanting anything to happen just in case she fell into the water and couldn't swim or something. Listening to her hum was a bit weird though... that was a weird song for her to be humming, it had come out over 15-20 years ago... and then she remembered, and just thought "right, duh".

After walking for a while, Eveline whined as her boots began to chafe her feet and legs... these boots were NOT made for walking. All of a sudden, though, Esther had froze, then immediately broke into a sprint, in which she made an audible groan as she had Dominance go back into her ball so she could run after her in much pain. What sort of thing did Pari pick up that they had to go at breakneck speeds just to get there? Panting heavily, she was somehow able to catch up, but it was very clear she was struggling to do so.

"CHRIST... Esther... what in the hell... and why in the hell... are we running...? What did... Pari pick up?"

July 18, Monday - Blue Point Isle, Johto, Genevieve

Against her will, Gene was dragged into the creepy Chinchou bus, and were eventually transported to Blue Lagoon. Her and Sam weren't exactly pleased with this development, but at least they were in town. With Diva jumping around them though, Sam was starting to find it annoying, and so he awoke from his stump, grabbed Diva by the shoulders, and just went "no" before flying back up and napping again.

Esther

A spike of fear surged through the telepathic link and Esther paled. What had happened? That was the question on everyone’s mind, but the answer wouldn’t come from Esther, she barely knew what was happening as it were. Instead, the situation spoke for itself: the sky lit up, the peace of the lagoon torn asunder by a bolt from the blue. A stroke of lightning—looking thick enough to swallow a person whole—flashed into the sky; its source was hidden by a copse of trees. A moment later, the peal of thunder could be heard across Blue Point.

Esther stumbled—that looked way outta her league, but when she noticed Savannah and Eveline following close behind, a smidgeon of confidence returned.

That...she picked up that. We’ve gotta hurry!”

- - - - - - -

Breaking through the trees revealed a scene of wonton destruction; lightning scorched land and several angry Chinchou—what looked like at least eight—surrounded a small pond, where the weak flopping of a pokémon could be heard.

Esther threw a look at Eveline, lips pressed into a line and her brow knitted tight “I hope you’re as good as you say you are, or we’re really gonna be in for it.”

Pokéball x2
Seal Case

Qinalla
(10 Years Prior) June 21st, Pallet Town, Kanto

“Me?” Qin was startled, appearing to have not expected actual conversation from her new acquaintances; however, conversation was something she was all-too-happy to provide. The idle expression vanished from her face, replaced by solemn forbearance. She looked over her shoulders and then waved them closer; her voice fell to a hush. She glanced around, her eyes meeting each trainer in turn. “What I’m about to tell you must never leave your mouths.”

She paused to let the gravity of the situation sink in, checking once then twice more for any potential eavesdroppers. When she was confirmed that they were the only people within at least half a league, she gingerly shared with them the secrets of her origins.

“So, there I was, deep in Eterna Forest—that’s in Sinnoh if you didn’t know—searching for the mythical El Dorado—as you do—when I get a call from the local prof! Says he’s got a job for me; something that only I can do; something that requires my. . . peculiar skill set. He wants eyes on a big wig over in the Hearthome area; I’m not sold on the job, but he says it's important. There’s something in the man’s backyard that could change all of Sinnoh; I’m not convinced, but I take his word for it. Hearthome is a strange place, after all, you never know what could happen. It’s been that way ever since the Cult of Coronet started operating there.

“Anyways, it’d take me too long to walk there and I don’t wanna miss my scoop, so I call a friend and fly over. It still takes a couple of hours, so it's nightfall by the time I arrive. Since the prof said this was important, I decide to risk it by setting out anyway; the route is dark and treacherous, but worst of all—it’s swarming with guards! The first one spots me and whips out his pokéball; I’ve got no choice—it’s go time! I fight my way down the route and by the time I reach the mansion I’m exhausted.

“There’s no time for rest, so I head in and a lady in black wheels on me! She’s got murder in her eyes, I’m busted and I know it. I do the only thing I can and run for it! Luckily, it’s a straight shot from the door to the backyard. Once I get there I get to work, after all, I can’t let down my client. I’m pretty good at what I do, so I’m in and out in five minutes tops. After escaping the mansion, I beat a retreat back to Hearthome and in the morning, I send my gains to the prof. It’s another successful job but it isn’t over there.

“Prof tells me that there’s something strange about the goods I delivered, and it’s just as he suspected, they’ve been fae-touched! It sounds crazy but things are changing and he’s got another job for me—and that’s why I’m here investigating fairy types.”

That was all to say, she’d been asked by the Professor to investigate the pokémon in Mr. Backlot’s Trophy Garden. A number of rare pokémon were known to gather there and several of them were suspected of being fairy types. The officers that patrolled the mansion often got bored at night and challenged passersby to friendly pokémon battles. When she arrived at the mansion one of the maids yelled at her for tracking mud on the carpets and after she caught some of the suspected fairy-types and sent them to Professor Rowan, he’d tasked her with some additional investigations of the new type.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Robert Dean
June 21st, 10 Years Ago
Pallet Town, Kanto
Robert was surprised when Ms. Saito took to ruffling his hair, something he never experienced due to lacking older siblings. Though sudden, he couldn't say that he disliked the experience, though he wouldn't readily invite repetitions of this occurrence. Ms. Saito, or rather, Naka, asked for his name, but the young trainer neglected to do so since he was staring at the strange device that the older trainer held. Upon asking Professor Oak, it was revealed to him that it was a Pokédex, an encyclopedia for recording the anything and everything one would need to know about Pokémon. The Professor directed Rob to the myriad of Pokédexes he had in stock, generously offering one to the new trainer. Rob took one without further hesitation, taking a brief moment to look at the information on Riolu and Bulbasaur before Naka began to head for Viridian City. Not wanting to miss his opportunity, Rob hastily followed behind with Mith and Floru in tow.

As the ragtag group of trainers walked towards Viridian City, Naka decided to break the ice by asking everyone what prompted them to travel in Kanto. Rob opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by the same reporter girl from before, who had decided to stick around long term. Shrugging at the missed opportunity, Rob grabbed Floru in his arms and held him close as he listened to Qin spin her tale. Sweat dripped down Rob's brow when hearing that he must never share what she had told the group, and for good reason. The harrowing tale of infiltrating a dangerous garden, narrowly escaping vengeful trainers and returning with fae-touched goods all in a town housing a cult was enough to send an avalanche of nerves down the spine of Robert and his Bulbasaur. Since they heard that story, every step the trainer took was accompanied by a myriad of shivers, both from himself and the Seed Pokémon in his arms. Meanwhile, Mith was unnerved by the tale, but could tell that something was off about it by sensing the aura of the alleged reporter. Of course, due to the youth of the Emanation Pokémon, he was unable to tell that Qin had merely embellished the details of her first job. Regardless, Rob was stunned into silence.

Madison Morgan
Monday, July 18th

Madison's decision to follow the girl she saw was beginning to seem a bit pointless as she realized that the figure had been running full speed for a good amount of time. She continued to follow in that direction, and eventually she saw somebody else who also seemed to be following the girl.

She figured it'd be easier to follow this girl than the one she'd seen before, given the close distance. She continued down the path, through the trees, until she eventually saw a person standing up ahead. The girl from earlier, along with her pink companion, was now standing before her in a scorched, desolate area. Ahead there seemed to be a circle of blue aquatic creatures, another she did not recognize. She stayed back behind a tree until she finally heard a voice speak up.

“I hope you’re as good as you say you are, or we’re really gonna be in for it.”

It was the voice of the girl she'd seen first. She seemed to be in some distress, and the pink Pokemon she was traveling with shared this emotion. Hoping that this was an opportunity for her, Madison stepped forward from the tree she'd been listening from behind.

"Excuse me, but uh- if you need some help, I have a Pokemon, I'm fairly new as a trainer but anything helps, right?"

Last edited:
July 18, Monday - Blue Point Isle, Johto. Reina, current rank, 35,219.

"We should be fine, me and Esther covered the ticket costs don't worry, I would just avoid going into the water." She told Desmond as she looked at her mini tour guide, "It says here the Chinchou will electrocute anyone who gets into the lake without warning." She then looked up and pointed at Desmond's Pokemon, "Maybe they shouldn't play in the water."

Reina felt a small bump on her leg as Diva made her way back after getting the cold shoulder from Gene and Sam. The fairy type seemed a bit upset but quickly got over once she was next to her trainer. Reina looked around for a bit until she saw a tree with a nice shade. She signaled for the others to follow. Upon reaching said location, she sat down and brought out the pack of sandwiches from before and took one for herself, occasionally giving Diva a bite.

Ron Towers - 16th of June - Old Chateau, Eterna Forest, Sinnoh

Ron scratched the back of his head, trying to remember where he had left the few badges he had managed to collect. He laughed a bit after thinking about it, feeling a bit embarrassed by his answer. "I do have some badges, they're around somewhere." He needed to change the subject, "Eterna gym? Probably not the best choice as your first challenge, but it takes guts to start out against those who have an advantage over you. You talked it over with your Piplup right? He has to know that it's going to be an uphill battle."

Luz yawn a bit, before tumbling forward a bit after tripping with her front foot. Ron gave her a concerned look, but the Espeon shrugged it off like it never happened. As the group kept moving forward, the trees began to spread out a bit, showing the light at the end of the woods.

Last edited:
Ezio Farello - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel

"Spot on the money. I have travelled around multiple regions, both to collect badges and research ruins. It gets expensive real fast though, and unless regions are right next to each other, like Kanto and Johto, Pokémon can't really fly in between regions without periods of rest. Unless you have a lot of time or are sponsored by someone, travelling between regions is not something many people can afford. Or atleast I didn't when I was young." Ezio said, lecturing Kaden.

Nicole Newman - June 10th - Route 3, Galar

Nicole looked at the Mudbray who approached Lara and instinctively put a hand on her Pokéball to let Cassidy out. "Tell me when, Lara." The woman said, keeping a safe distance from the Pokémon. She wasn't going to risk the equipment, or her own safety. "What is it doing here? Why did it leave the herd to come over here?" She asked, confused about the behavior.

Kaden Miller - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh
"I see. It's off season for us coordinators here in Sinnoh, so I suppose I'd have the free time as well," Kaden said looking off to the distance as he sunk into thought. Money wasn't going to be an issue as he had a good bit saved up thanks to his contest career. He wouldn't go on vacation though. It'd be to look for inspiration and ideas for new and better shows.
"This will certainly be something for me to consider. Perhaps a change of scenery to a whole other region could help me in my predicament," the coordinator said and looked back at Ezio.

Lara Brook - 10th of June - Route 3, Galar
Lara looked over at Nicole, slightly panicked at her when she noticed her ready to release her Skarmory, "It's alright Nicole!" she said but took a moment to calm herself down as well. Panicking wouldn't help the situation at all, "I don't know, but it's not doing any harm either," the photographer spoke and looked back at the mudbray, who still stood there and stared at her still. With some caution, Lara lifted up her hand for the donkey-like pokemon to smell as if to try and convey that she wasn't a threat. When the ground type noticed the hand, it's eyes went cross-eyed. It leaned in a bit closer to sniff at the human, so that its muzzle bumped into the red haired woman's hand.

Lara chuckled. She wasn't sure why this strange mudbray had come to her, but it had it's charm, "I don't see any harm with you being here with us while we film," she said and moved her hand to pet the pokemon's cheek, being careful not to do any sudden movements.

Gwen Tucker - 16th of June - Eterna Forest, Sinnoh
Gwen was honestly a bit disappointed at Ron's response. Just some badges. What gyms were they from? But before she could ask anything, the punk man quizzed her on her decision to take on the grass gym first.

"Yeah I've talked with Cobalt. Or, tried to at least. He doesn't always want to listen to me," The young trainer explained, "Training to take on the gym has been a bit difficult because of it," but then, as if to protest, the penguin pokemon shook in its pokeball, "Yeah you heard me. Remember that Starly I wanted to catch but then you scared it off because you wanted to battle it?!" Gwen said and looked down on her belt with her eyebrows furrowing.

Last edited:

Ron let out a small chuckle at the sight of the young trainer and her Pokemon discussing things out. Then a small idea popped into his head. He gave Gwen one long look and then nodded. "Listen I have an idea, might help you out." He said while taking out his phone, "I caught this little Deino not so long ago, his mother was taken away by this cocky trainer and I caught him before he was taken also. I plan on reuniting him with his mother once that certain trainer decides to relocate the Pokemon, but meanwhile, it could use a friend. I have no place for it in my party, since I run into a lot of trouble, but someone who's exploring and learning could be just the perfect match for it to grow, whadda say?"

Blue Point Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto (July 18 )

"Believe me I ain't in the mood for a swim." Desmond mused to Reina, as he took in information from her about the tickets being provided which was a generous as he focused on getting so pictures since he had been near the shore of the lagoon. Politoed and Kricketune of course kept closer to the water though Desmond tried to keep them from going in too far, especially to Politoed even if he trusted it to handle itself.

Snap snap snap!

Once Desmond had set up his tripod and set his camera on it, he began to take pictures of the lagoon; capturing both the Pokemon who broke along the surface within it as well as those by the shore and the people around, the latter Desmond seemed to notice had become more common as members of the other group and new faces began to pile in.

Esther

Esther took a deep breath; she could do this; they could do this. Another girl had offered to assist and the Oblivian was most grateful, but Esther didn’t know what pokémon she had, and frankly, they didn’t have the time to make a plan. Whatever the Chinchou were attacking wouldn’t last much longer, if they wanted to save anything more than the charred remains of what used to be a pokémon, then now was the time to act.

Still, that didn’t mean Esther would act senseless. So first, what did she know about Chinchou? Chinchou were electric and water-type pokémon, which was good. She knew how to fight electric types; She had plenty of experience fending off Manectric and Electrike. They were too close to the treeline.

“Keep your distance from the trees, they’ll explode if they get hit by a powerful electric-type move!” Esther gripped Halay’s pokéball and followed her own advice, rushing into the clearing.

“Vis alae alae, Halay! Scatter them, 『Roar』!”

Esther took aim at the open space above the Chinchou and let the pokéball soar. With Halay already preparing her move, 『Roar』 was ready when the Houndour flashed into existence above the spark-fish pokémon. Halay released a deafening howl, trying to be every bit the match of the rolling thunder from earlier.

The Chinchou cowered and shrunk away, but none of them retreated. Instead, their lures crackled to life and the air began to hum as another surge of electricity began to charge, and Halay was right in the middle!

“I’d really appreciate that assist about now!”

Pokéball x2
Seal Case

Eveline looked at the group of Chinchou acting so aggressively... this wasn't some thing that just happened unless they were provoked. Halay had spread them out which really helped, but now they were the center of attention and were about to get blasted until all that was left was cooked dog. Quick-like, Eveline ran with Esther and grabbed the 1st ball on her belt, then threw it in front of Halay. Rising from the flash of light was Rebellion, a massive Krookodile.

"Rebellion, protect the mutt! Then start taking out those Chinchou, but stay underground!"

Rebellion nodded, turning around to face Halay and hunkering over her in order to protect her from the immense blast of electricity. In the meantime, Eveline grabbed the 2nd ball on her belt and tossed it in front of her. Out popped Disorder, her wicked Malamar, who looked at all the Chinchou with a devious smile.

"Not now Disorder, you're gonna do your part to help, start culling the herd!"

Disorder scoffed, but acknowledged his trainer's request before lying in wait beside Eveline... he had to wait for the right time to strike, else the attack wouldn't be nearly as effective. Plus he didn't want to attract attention, he would become calamari if he took all of that electricity head on.

Last edited:
Madison Morgan
Monday, July 18th

Everything escalated incredibly quickly for Madison. The wild Pokemon had become aggressive almost instantly, and she barely even had time to react before the group had begun sending out their own Pokemon to defend against the attack. She reached for her only team member's ball and tossed it, not realizing how dangerous this was.

The ball landed, and her Totodile appeared, ready for action. Soon after though, she realized what a mistake this was, as Esther identified the wild Pokemon as Electric types. 'Is there even anything I can do in this situation?' she thought to herself. Electric types are particularly strong against Water types, and barely anything weakens them. She then came to a realization, remembering a move Totodile had just recently learned.

"Go around behind them while they're distracted, then wait for the right time, and use Mud-Slap!" she commanded. The Ground-type move would surely help disarm the wild Pokemon, and she'd been told it also clouded vision, making it harder to land their own hits. Totodile obeyed and began to circle around the creatures while they were focused on the other two Pokemon that had been battling them. The crocodile Pokemon waited for an opportunity to strike, not giving himself away just yet.

~Aldon, is that you...?~

Aldon went on a very long adventure through Johto. He had fun, one might assume. But for whatever convenient reason or another, he now found himself on the Whirl Islands.

Aldon had been inside the local pokécenter and had been chatting with a fellow researcher about his journey thus far and how he decided to visit the Whirl Islands. When he left stood outside left the town, he saw the lit sky and thunderbolt. Quite a brilliant display. Even Skol couldn't help but notice. Anything that managed to steal his attention, surely must be something, but what?

It could have been dangerous, but Aldon was now mildly curious enough to go check it out.

As Aldon neared the scene, he paused. Still in safe distance. Some people were fighting a group of chinchou. "Watchout Skol... You do not wanna get hit by one of those attacks" Aldon said.

Aldon began looking around, carefully debating what to do. It would be rude to do nothing, Aldon assumed. Though he also didn't think he'd help much as far as fighting went. He figured he'd at least offer a hand, and when he thought of it, he stepped forward. Careful to avoid trees. Aldon then pointed to one of the chinchou, "He looks tired Skol! Let's do something about that!" Aldon said.

"Slow...?" Skol responded in a confused tone before opening its mouth as wide as possible to yawn. A cloud floated towards the chinchou. Aldon stood there with cautiously wondering if it would work.

He looked towards the others, "Are you guys alright...? I mean probably not with these pokémon here, but worth asking anyways" Aldon said.

Looking down at his pokéballs, he grabbed his magnemite ball, "You ready Zippy?" Aldon said before sending it out.

"Magna. Magna. Magna. Magna. Miiiiiiiite!" The thing sounded off as it spun in place.

Esther

Esther breathed a sigh of relief, she didn’t recognize Rebellion, but it seemed to be a ground-type pokémon judging by the way it easily tanked the repeated electric-type moves. Esther’s relief was closely followed by a burning indignation. Mutt!? How dare she! If they weren’t in danger, she had half a mind to... whatever.

As it were, the group was making good progress on culling the pod—wait! Esther narrowed her eyes. Ten...twenty...thirty—hold on, were there even more Chinchou than before?

Plip plash, plip plash, plip plash

The lagoon boiled as more and more Chinchou threw themselves onto the shore. What followed was a barrage of 『Water Gun』 and 『Discharge』.

“Pyrrha, 『Protect』!”

A pokéball clicked and then little Pyrrha beamed onto the battlefield, her scales rattling as she threw up a large shield that absorbed the fusillade.

Protect wouldn’t last long and it wasn’t reliable when used in succession; with even more Chinchou emerging from the lagoon, things were growing dire.

Esther chewed on her lip, then her expression firmed and filled with decisiveness. There was a break in the chaotic melee, a straight shot to the pond as the Chinchou scattered from the combined assault of Totodile and Disorder. Esther saw her chance and took it, diving into the fray at full speed.

“Cover me! Pari, wish me luck!”

The dream eater pokémon floated into the air, showering the group with a 『Lucky Chant』.

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

Nakano Saito​

Date: 1 Month Ago (26 years old); June 16
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Tochi the Parasect, Yuki the Froslass, Aero the Aerodactyl, Brute Tooth the Barraskewda

Interactions: Gwen Tucker (IDKWhatUserNameToDo), Ron Towers (Hecotoro)

"Ugh, maaaaan, where is it? This is Eterna City again! The hell is that ol' dilapidated, spooky house at?"

The former Galactic Grunt crossed his arms, huffing as he got lost... For the third time. "God, I hate this forest. Why did it have to be Eterna Forest? Such a pain... Wh... Why is it cold?" The grunt looked around, startled by the sudden drop in temperature. Green dust-like particles drifted around him slowly. "This... This wasn't here... b.... befo-..." He collapsed, the Spore having knocked him out. A figure with a camouflage jacket stood before him, a yellow mouse on her shoulder, a floating white and purple figure beside her, and a red crab-like bug with a mushroom on her back on her other side.

"So, they're back? Odd..."

------

"Ugh, where am I...?" The man's eyes adjusted, his head still throbbing from having fallen asleep from whatever that powder was, and he looked about to his right to see rows of sharp teeth. "GAH!!"

The Aerodactyl cooed somewhat cutely, making the man just as concerned. Was it trying to sweeten him up to eat him? Not seem so intimidating just to lower his guard?

"Oh, you're awake."

The man looked up, seeing the woman before him. He gritted his teeth, trying to get up only to realize his hands were bound with rope behind his back, and his ankles were also tied. "Untie me! I'm here on important business!"

"Important, is it? Well, I have no patience to be dealing with you lot. Not again. Tell me now, or else I'll have my Aerodactyl feast on your legs." The woman glared at him, steely grey eyes uncaring as she stood with her arms crossed, her blonde hair shaved on the sides and the hair all parted over to one side. She looked to have been camping out in the forest in some gear, her brown pants looking heavy-duty and her camouflage coat wearing plenty of pockets. She even had black combat boots.

The threat had him eyeing the Aerodactyl suspiciously. Its doe eyes were too innocent-looking. Was this thing actually capable of even hurting a human?

"Tick tock, you sack of meat." The woman sternly spoke, the man snapping back to her.

"Okay, okay... I... I was supposed to meet up with a group in the Old Chateau. It was for Team Rocket, they were trying to recruit some members. I was supposed to be there, but I got lost from the group I was with. But that's all I know. Everything was super secret-like, please! You must believe me!" His voice edged on worry, hoping this woman had the mercy to believe in his plight.

The woman stared at him for a moment, eyes boring through him until she closed them, sighing. "Fine. But now that I know Team Rocket is in Sinnoh, you don't know where the base is?"

"No? Why would I? I didn't even meet up with the guy who was recruiting me!"

"Oh? Damn. Oh well." She shrugged, approaching him.

"Wh-what are you doing?" The man asked in a panic, body flinching back, only to yelp at having his hair being grabbed.

"Tochi, Spore." The Parasect chirped and sprayed the air around the grunt. The woman held a soaked bandanna over her nose and mouth, leaving the only one to smell the spores being the grunt, who swayed sitting down before trying to limp over in slumber. As soon as he was completely limp and snoring peacefully, the woman hauled the man over on her shoulder, then scooted his upper body over so both shoulders were supporting his body weight. Along with this man, she had a black backpack that was on her back, and it was quite heavy, as well. "Alright, let's go back to Eterna City. Aero, Tochi. Thank you. Return." The Aerodactyl and Parasect chittered before being enveloped in light and disappearing into their PokeBalls. The Froslass tilted her head at the woman, her icy blue eyes watching her with wonder. "You don't need to enter the ball, Yuki. You need more fresh air than the others. Chu?" She looked every which way to find her, only to feel the Pichu on top of her head. "Ah, there you are. Now we go."

------

The woman walked out of the forest a different way than what was normal. She had to at least find the path so she could be easily spotted by any law enforcement, as she didn't want to keep carrying this guy but she wasn't letting her Aerodactyl touch him. That was when she noticed two blue-haired individuals - a young man who looked to be around her age and looking like a punk rocker, and a small energetic young girl. An eyebrow raised at the two, she had paused as she regarded them, having stopped right in their path. They were talking, but she wasn't near enough to know what it was about. "Ah, hello. I take it you both didn't get too destroyed by the forest and its mansion?" She gave the two a smile, her Froslass and Pichu waving, the Galactic Grunt still passed out over her shoulders. She would wave, but her arms were aimed on keeping the man steady on her shoulders. "Did you two find any more of these guys? This guy said he was supposed to meet two Galactic Grunts in the Old Chateau and some Team Rocket guy and I'm sending this guy to the police. You seen something like that?" Her accent was very Sinnohan, her grey eyes soft as opposed to when she had looked at the guy earlier. Her eyes even set upon the little girl with adoration. Despite the girl's spunky attitude and vibe, she looked quite adorable. Reminded her of some children she took care of while she was in Kanto ten years ago.

Last edited:

Desmond continued to take some pictures, but he noticed something towards the other end of the lagoon that had began to startle the other creatures in the water. Seemed something had caused a bunch of Chinchou to go crazy if the lens of his camera zooming in had been any indication, and a few trainers had gathered together to try and control the situation.

"And this day keeps getting better..." Desmond mused a bit, as both Politoed and Kricketune seemed to be drawn to the action as they moved by Desmond, and glanced over to the trainer. It had taken a moment for him to get the idea he was bein g looked upon as he pulled his gaze from the camera and blinked to the pair.

"...no, we are not getting involved. There is plenty of people on hand as it is." Desmond explained.

Politoed and Kricketune continued to stare.

"Kricketune's never had a proper battle, would be cruel to toss it into the fire." Desmond added on.

Politoed and Kricketune continued to stare.

"I-I am not a battle trainer anyway. I would probably only get int he way of those guys." Desmond muttered out.

Politoed and Kricketune continued to stare, and eventually Desmond sighed in defeat.

"...fine, let's go. Jerks."

Both Pokemon cried out as they moved ahead with Desmond in toe. Once more, he had found himself forced in the exact opposite situation he desired to be in, he began to wonder if he had been cursed or something.

Gwen Tucker - 16th of June - Eterna Forest Outskirts, Sinnoh

Gwen perked up when Ron said that he had something that could help her. Her eyes widened comically large when he said that it would be a pokemon, but then her eyebrows furrowed in sadness when she heard the story behind the small pokemon.

"Really? I.. I'll do my best to take care of Deino then!" the young trainer said, mostly ecstatic at the idea of receiving a new pokemon. Any and all help would be appreciated in for challenging the grass type Eterna city. Though, Gwen had never seen a pokemon like Deino. She can look up information on her phone later.

Then a strange woman then approached them, but the most notable part was the grunt she was carrying. She had to be another awesome trainer who beat up evil grunts like Ron! She even looked like a cool protagonist type of person. Or at least determined by her hairstyle and scar on her cheek that went down her neck in Gwen's mind.

"Yeah, we saw! There were two Galactic grunts in the old house as well as a third bad guy, but he was dressed in all black," she spoke in a similar manner to the blonde woman. She clearly didn't mind at all telling her about the little adventure she and Ron had in the Old Chateau.

"Whoa! Gwen, careful." Ron stepped in front of the girl, shaking his head a bit. "You can't just blurt out information like that."

The punk trainer looked at Nakano with a suspicious look, "You're supposed to catch Pokemon, not people. You got a badge or something?" He felt a bit silly asking something like after what he had just done, but it wasn't odd for Rocket members to portray or impersonate other people to try and avoid trouble for themselves.

Luz the Espeon let out a yawn as she sat down next to Gwen, it wasn't out of the ordinary for her trainer to be on the defense with strangers, but she didn't feel any hostility from the stranger. She usually would let Ron know, but sometimes she like to sit back and watch him make a fool of himself.

Nakano Saito​

Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Tochi the Parasect, Yuki the Froslass, Aero the Aerodactyl, Brute Tooth the Barraskewda

The woman raised an eyebrow as the rambunctious girl stepped forward first. She saw the little light in her eyes, as if this girl found herself an idol. She didn't know if that was good or bad, considering the woman's track record wasn't exactly squeaky clean. She smiled upon being given the information, bowing her head in thanks. It was when the man came over and was protective did she let out a warm chuckle. She had an impressed shrug and nod of her head, noting the Espeon by the man's side. The Espeon didn't seem too worried about her, so she knew she wasn't coming off wrong.

She only giggled more when he said she should be catching Pokemon, shaking her head. "I do my region the duty I think it should be given out of respect and being its native. I do have sixteen badges, but I'm sure you don't mean gym badges. Still, given your..." She paused for a bit, then smirked. "Well, she looks like your sister, given the blue hair and your protectiveness, but given what your entourage said, seems like you've been doing police work yourself. Got a badge, mister rocker man?" She asked with some light humor before quickly moving on, knowing the answer to her own question. "I'm Nakano Saito, a field researcher working under Professor Rowan. You may just call me Naka. This is Yuki, my Froslass, and this is Chu, my Pichu." She gestured to the two, the Pokemon themselves bowing their heads politely when they were introduced.

"I was doing some of my research in Eterna Forest when I saw this man get lost in here trying to find the Old Chateau. I decided to watch him for a bit and after he saw Eterna City for the third time, I decided to stop stalking him and bring him in myself. I didn't want him running away after all." Her brow furrowed then, having been reminded of the last time Team Galactic ran amok. "Besides, it's been almost fifteen years since I've seen a Galactic Grunt running around. I'm not letting Sinnoh get infested with their kind again." Her tone became a bit harsh, her glare steely. "I was about twelve then and I was busy studying abroad, so I didn't exactly have the time to deal with them, nor did I have the Pokemon available to do so." Her tone then softened, then she regarded Ron with a smirk. "Does that make you feel a bit better? Your Espeon seems pleased with my presence anyway, so I know I'm not coming off as a villain of some kind. Though, you are correct." She turned her head to Gwen, tone matter-of-fact yet sweet despite her warning. "You can't just blindly trust a cool looking person when you first meet them. Your Pokemon are a better judge of if the person is bad or not sometimes. If anything, this could have been an ambush, but I'm just a researcher who decided to help out the local law enforcement and see if Interpol will at least watch Sinnoh closely. Still, you have to be more careful."

Nakano shifted her shoulders as the man stirred, her eyes looking over his face to see drool. "Ew, gross." She unceremoniously dropped him on the ground, sighing as she pulled out a PokeBall. "I'm not letting this guy's drool touch me, hehe." She said with a goofy smile and a sheepish chuckle, but paused when she looked back at the two blue-haired individuals. "You got a Pokemon to carry this guy? I have an Aerodactyl who could, but I don't want him flying off too far and he lumbers too slow when crawling on the ground. Plus, we just had an altercation earlier and I don't want him overexerting himself."

Was she ballsy asking this protective guy for help? Yes, but she didn't really care. She felt like she explained herself just fine.

Last edited:

Ron crossed his arms and listened to the mysterious woman go on, until she made a valid point. He turned to look at Luz, who was trying to smile back Ron, but her aim was a bit off. The trainer groaned and looked back Naka.

"Alright I guess you got a point. Just tie up the grunt and leave him there, we contacted local authorities a while back and they'll be passing through here soon." He pointed towards Eterna City. "If you insist though, I have a Pokemon that can carry him, we're heading into town." Ron looked at Gwen and then back at Naka, "If Gwen is okay with it."

"Oh son of a... alright, looks like things really are that serious. Guess I shouldn't hold back at all, then! Conquest, Ruination, cull the herd from the pond! Dominance, you help too, but be careful, else you want to be made into dinner by them! And Revengeance... you... help."

Dominance swooped down from the sky, slowly but precisely using Night Slash to start culling the swarm of Chinchou. Eveline threw out her other 3 Poke Balls, throwing 2 in the lagoon, those being Conquest the Sharpedo and Ruination the Overqwil. The last one was dropped beside Eveline, which was Revengeance, who they had seen before. She gave them a pat on the head before sending them out to go help the others.

Rebellion stood up straight after taking all of those Electric type moves, gesturing for Halay to stay back. He would then go undergound using dig, making his way over to the group of Chinchou before popping up in the middle of the group, sending several of them flying before landing on the ground and quickly burrowing again.

Disorder worked on taking out any stragglers on the outside by hiding behind some of the trees, ignoring Esther's warning. They took them out one by one with Psycho Cut, keeping themselves hidden away, the only thing keeping them visible being their menacing lights on their body.

Conquest and Ruination went underwater, with Conquest snapping away at all of the small fry with Psychic Fangs and Ruination whapping at them with Poison Jab. Meanwhile, Revengeance was... still charging in, straight towards the large group of Chinchou, preparing to hit them with a Night Slash.

Esther

A little bit of luck went a long way. Esther skittered, scuttled, and scampered her way through the school; lucky stumbles let her slip under blasts of electricity that passed so close she could feel their tingle on her skin and a lake-side breeze shifted the course just enough that it exploded against the dirt rather than against her body. When Esther arrived at the small pond, she thought her hair had started floating but she didn’t have the breadth of mind to check.

Her eyes immediately fell on the rescue target, a shabby fish pokémon with prismatic lavender scales. Esther hefted the pokémon into her arms, it wasn’t too heavy, and prepared for another mad rush through the Chinchou; however, at that moment the Chinchou Lost. Their. Shit.

She thought the Chinchou were angry before? Ha! That had been ‘mildly annoyed’ compared to the apoplectic rage they now displayed. Chinchou sea-foamed at the mouth, their lures flashing like strobe lights. Any angrier and the group wouldn’t even need to worry about the Chinchou because they’d have been angered to death!

The Chinchou’s attacks redoubled, and Esther found herself pinned to the pond. She didn’t dare to leave because all the luck in the world wouldn’t help her dodge an onslaught like that!

There was only one question on her mind as she huddled with the shabby fish, ‘What the hell did they do!?’

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

July 18, Blue Point Isle, Jotho
Savannah

It was all happening a bit too fast for Savannah to properly process what had been happening. One moment she was chasing after Esther to a pond and the next, an onslaught of electricity was now being thrown all over the place. While she didn't fully understand what happened, what Savannah did know was that she needed to move. "Watch out!" Grabbing Zap Zap into her arms, the young woman dove down as a bolt of lightning whizzed by above her.

Standing back up and dusting herself off, Savannah narrowed her sight on the attacking pokemon. "Alright Zap Zap, we have to take those pokemon down. I might not know what they are exactly but I do know that most pokemon living in water are weak against your electricity." She declared. Following his partner's example, the small Shinx got into a battle stance, eyes narrowed onto the mob of Chinchou as electricity built up around his body. "Now Zap Zap! Go help Miss Essy!" With a roar, the Shinx dove at the Chinchou mod, electricity flaring all around him.

Last edited:
~Aldon...~

If the chinchou were angry before, Aldon could only imagine how bad it was now. There were several other people throwing pokémon at it, so it seemed safe to say, scooting back was very much an option.

"Use supersonic, Zippy! And how about another yawn, Skol!" Aldon said. With all the offensive moves being used by these other trainers, Aldon figured, he'd help by using status moves. It wasn't a great deal of help, but he was contributing at least.

Aldon spotted several chinchou close together, "Zippy, hit em with another supersonic!" Aldon said. This way, it would likely hit one of the other chinchou instead of the trainer pokemon.

"What the hell are you people doing!?"

The voice of Desmond sounded with a pant as he arrived on the scene, less like a heroic individual who came when the odds were at their bleakest, and more like the reluctant and frightened man who had found a suitable bench to hide behind along the lagoon and he looked on petrified of what seemed to be a whole mess of Chinchou and what seemed to be like half a dozen trainers who seemed to be fighting them. Needless to say he had not been pleased his Pokemon had dragged him into this mess, but Politoed and Kricketune seemed to be ready for a fight as Desmond shivered but cursed to himself.

"F-fine it's already a hellhole anyway. Politoed, u-use Water Gun! Kricketune use Sing!" Desmond called out, as his strategy seemed to be use water attacks to ger their attention, and then use Sing to lull the Pokemont to sleep. Desmond might not have been an experienced battle trainer, but he figured it was a decent strategy.

"Poli!" Politoed cried out as it fired a powerful stream of water towards the multiple Chinchou.

"Tune! Tune Kric Kric Tune~" Kricketune soon had followed and began to sing, as several sleepy muscial notes seemed to carry in the air and drifted towards the Chinchou that Politoed blasted, with the goal to try and put the angry mob of Pokemon to sleep.

July 18, Monday - Blue Point Isle, Johto. Reina, current rank, 35,219.

Reina took a bite out of her sandwich and watched the light show from down in the lagoon. It seemed several people were also watching the lightning bolts, some were clapping while enjoying the show while some looked concerned. Reina joined the group enjoying the show, they were there to watch Chinchou, so there would obviously be electricity in the air.

"Desmond probably went to get some pictures." She told her worried looking Clefairy, "He'll be fine he had his Pokemon with him. I wonder why the Chinchou are sending out so much electricity though, maybe they're mating?" She waited for an answer from the fairy Pokemon, but Diva just shrugged, "Yeah who knows, well as long as they're happy and safe." She smiled and continued to watch for the random bolts that shot into the sky, it was like watching fireworks.

Gwen Tucker - 16th of June - Eterna Forest Outskirts, Sinnoh

Gwen's brows furrowed when she was scolded by both Ron and Nakano and dug the tip of her shoe into the grass and looked down, "Well, Espeon seems to be cool with you," she said trying to defend her actions, but the adults were right. She had to remember that if she didn't want to be ambushed by grunts.

Her attention was quickly snapped back to Naka who dropped the grunt, "Ewww-" and her expression twisted into disgust and stuck her tongue out and gave out a 'Blergh-' but then looked up at Ron, "Yeah, that was our plan, right Mr. punk? Oh, but that Pokemon! The Deino!" the blue haired girl exclaimed, her manner and tone changing completely to excitement and eagerness. Even Cobalt seemed to listen intently in on the conversation as Gwen didn't receive any protesting shakes nor did he jump out of his own pokeball.

Ezio Farello, June 14th, Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh,

"It certainly could. No region is alike, after all. Sinnoh is a lot more communal than Unova, where people are more focused on themselves. That being said, Castelia City is an incredible potluck of cultures and values. If you want a place to inspire you, Castelia is the place to be. Who knows? I might even be able to guide you around." Ezio said, smiling at Kaden.

"I think you'll have a good inspiration source in Burgh. He is an artist and has fabulous teamwork with his Pokémon, his bugs are a lot tougher than one would think. Maybe I can arrange something for you two?"

-----------

Nicole Newman, June 10th, Route 3, Galar

Nicole was surprised to see that the Mudbray wasn't so much hostile as it was curious. Putting Cassidy's Pokéball back, she looked at Lara and the Ground type interact. Something about the scene was rather cute, which reminded her to film the scene. Recording Lara and the Mudbray, a small content smile appeared on the bird keeper's face. It was quite the touching scene, and it was good practice.

"It must think you are part of the herd or something." Nicole said, making sure a different Mudbray didn't try to adopt her. "Just make sure it doesn't break anything, equipment or bones."

Ron looked a bit surprised, having completely forgotten about the offer he had made Gwen. "Right, well he's in my pc system, we can access one at the Pokemon Center, besides your Piplup could probably use a rest." He passed his hand through his mohawk and turned towards the new arrival, "You coming Lt. Naka? Or do you have to wait for your squadron to show up?"

Nakano Saito​

Tie up the grunt? Hm, well, she did have some rope. Still, it was a shame to just leave him here. What if the cops didn't get to him in time and he escaped? She'd just have to tie a damn good knot. Whistling, Yuki was at her side, the Froslass grabbing a hold of the backpack's arm loop and pulled, allowing Naka to free her arm. Yuki then trailed to Naka's other side, her trainer unzipping the backpack just a little at the top before fishing for the rope. She pulled a long bundle. She was going to use this in a cave, but oh well.

Zipping it back up, Yuki aided in slipping it back over her arm as Naka went back to tying the man up. Sitting him up so he slouched over, she wrapped his wrists together, knotted it, then wrapped the rope's length around his torso so he couldn't move his arms when he woke up. She then tied it in a neat double knot in the back. She then pulled out a knife and cut the rope, so she could tie his legs together, tying it also with a neat double knot at his calves. "Paper and marker, please." Her Froslass trilled and opened the front pouch of her backpack, pulling out a marker, then opened a bigger pouch to pull out a notebook, to which she opened and tore a page out, giving the lined paper and black marker to her trainer. After Yuki zipped the backpack back up, Naka wrote on the paper: "I'm a Team Galactic Grunt, arrest me, pretty please ♥ ". Chuckling, she gave the marker back to Yuki, who traded it for tape, allowing Naka to tape the sign to the front of the grunt as she laid him to rest against the tree.

"Alright, Ice Beam." While Naka pulled the grunt forward so Yuki had access to the knot in the back, Yuki nodded, though it wasn't a move she had in her ready-to-use arsenal. She struggled to create a sphere of ice in her hands, which then fired a beam of frigid cold at the knot. It required more concentration and effort to make the rope freeze into a block, but she managed after a bit. "Good job." Naka praised, effectively puffing out her chest in satisfaction as Naka set the man back against the tree.

As she was doing this, she listened to the two interact. It was honestly adorable. She looked back upon being called lieutenant and it made her chuckle. "Hah, squadron. You're funny." She wagged a finger at him, amusement plain on her features as she came to stand beside them so she could walk along, her Pichu resting atop her heady while her Froslass adoringly looked at the little girl. "Well, I'm done securing him for now. Don't want him escaping." She flexed her shoulders as she raised her arms and grimaced, the heavy backpack doing a number on her muscles. "So, a Deino, hm? I have its evolution. They're pretty spunky critters, I think it'll be a nice addition to your team." Though, she did think it was a bit... of an intermediate Pokemon in terms of their care, and a bit advanced for a beginner such as Gwen, but she wasn't about to ruin the poor girl. "Here's a tidbit. Deino and its next evolution, Zweilous, have hardened fur that covers their eyes. Their natural instinct will be to ram into things and bite them to understand their surroundings. If you have any problems, you can ask Mr. Punk or I how to care and train it. Dragon-Types are a bit difficult, but you got the spirit for it."

And none of the experience, but that's neither here nor there.

She looked back at Ron, smiling. "So, what's your name, mystery guy? Or are you still going to be silly and not introduce yourself, hm? Can't keep calling you Mr. Punk now. You don't seem to be a native to Sinnoh, so I really don't recognize you."

~giant Aldon post...~

Aldon was looking around at all the remaining chinchou and began thinking about his next course of action. Then heard a voice.

"What the who people doing what? I'm minding my own damn business, helping these people deal with whatever the hell this is" Aldon said pointing at the chinchou.

"What are yyyyou doing!" Aldon said pointing at the question asker.

"Zippy! Use supersonic on that one over there!" Aldon said pointing at a chinchou.

Esther

Esther laid low as all hell broke loose above. The weak flopping below her had stilled, Esther took it as a sign of trust, but the pokémon could’ve just fallen unconscious. Either way, there was no resistance as she bopped a pokéball against its scales.

“I’ll be sure to release you once you’re healed, okay?”

The pokémon vanished into the pokéball and Esther clipped it to her waist. Right, now to find some way out of this hole...

- - - - -

The depths of the blue lagoon stirred as a serpentine silhouette raised its head and released a trill into the water, “Miiiii—"

- - - - -

The Chinchou calmed and for a moment there was a lapse in the madness. Esther startled but reacted quickly, “Halay, 『Smog』! Pari, wish me luck!”

The Dark pokémon howled and blanketed the area in a toxic fog as the dream-tapir trumpeted and blessed its trainer with preternatural luck. The air crackled as the Chinchou recovered but Esther was already sprinting through the smog.

Under the cover of smog, this wild sprint went better than the first, or maybe it didn’t, Esther couldn’t tell. She finally burst through the smog after a minute, but she didn’t stop, far from it—“Lot’s go go go!”

Next stop, the pokécenter.

Pokéball x2
Seal Case