• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Ezio Farello - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel - Sinnoh

Ezio smiled. "Then I will only use 5 as well. I won't use Evi, I think she'll a bit too much to handle for an inexperienced battler." The Ruin Maniac said, storing away a Pokéball. He wanted to use his ace, but the battle was just a friendly spar and Evi tended to be quite....intense.

As he arrived at the battlefield, the man grabbed a Pokéball and tossed it in the air as he grinned. "Whenever you're ready!"

----------------

Nicole Newman - June 10th - Route 3 - Galar

"I think so." Nicole said, nodding at Lara. "I should know all the basics now." As she looked at Lara scratching Toast behind their ear, she couldn't help but smile a little. "You are a good teacher."

~Aldon...~

"Absolutely!" Aldon said in agreement to the chinchou situation being over before lifting his finger up.

"Unless theres more around the corner! Kinda like a calm before the storm or an unexpected disaster" Aldon paused.

"But I'm sure that won't happen!" He said cheerfully.

"Sloooooooooooooooooooooooooo" Skol let out a long exhausted yawn as he sat on the ground still tossing around the pebble before looking up at the kricketune. Skol waved its paw at the bug.

"Errr, yeah. I'm sure I'll find that fossil eventually. Not a problem at the moment. Thanks for the concern though, bud!" Aldon said knowing full well and true there was no fossil mon nearby. But he wasn't going to admit he lied about it now.

Aldon stood there for a few moments of content before it hit him, "huh..."

"Say... if ya don't mind me asking... What brings you out here anyhow?" Aldon asked.

Ron Towers - 16th of June - Eterna City, Sinnoh

"Nice start." Ron nodded as the battle began. He wanted to laugh at the reactions done by the Flareon, but the Pokemon reminded him of one of his younger sister, which just made him smile a bit. "Hey Luz, we should help out Gwen, get that Helping Hand ready, okay?"

The Espeon tilted her head, a bit confused, since she wasn't aware there was a Flareon on the field. But, she already knew what to do. Luz sat down and closed her eyes. The gem on her forehead began to glow a bright red while her body gave off a purplish one. Using the move Calm Mind, she gained a better understanding of her surroundings, allowing her to feel the new Pokemon in the area.

July 18, Monday - Blue Point Isle, Johto. Reina, current rank, 35,219.

"Reina Cortez, nice to meet you!" Reina offered her hand to the new face, "Esther sure makes a lot of friends and quickly." She added with a big smile. "Gene! It's not nice to make those kind of questions." Reina looked at the girl while shaking her left index finger at her, "It's rude and can make people uncomfortable."

Esther
Monday, July 18 – Blue Point Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto Region​

Esther marathoned it from the Blue Lagoon to the town’s pokécenter and collapsed against the wall. The adrenaline in her veins had worn off and all her exhaustion hit her at once. In spite of that, there was a wild grin on her lips.”

“WOW! What a rush! I can’t believe we made it out of there in one piece!”

The Oblivian looked up to find her friends...nowhere to be seen! She had expected that her plucky squad of pokémon rescue rangers would’ve been in lockstep with her, but the reality was that they’d all sod off to who knows where.

“Wow guys, thanks for checking up on me after those pokémon almost murdered me,”

“No problem, what are friends for?”

“Aww, shucks—"

The people around gave her strange looks, and Esther could faintly hear a child asking his mother why the ‘crazy’ lady was talking to herself. She supposed that with her muddy clothes and frazzled hair she did look crazy, or homeless, or both. After she dropped off the rescued pokémon she definitely needed to freshen up.

-----------

Ten minutes flew by, and Esther emerged from the pokécenter a new woman. She had changed clothes and hastily washed the black dye from her hair. It was the least she could do; her dark but vibrant red locks were still badly singe, but now they no longer looked a pallid and faded black.

With a weary sigh she texted Reina:

At the pokémon center.

Where are you?

I rescued an odd-color Feebas from the Blue Lagoon earlier; it was being attacked by angry Chinchou.

Nurse Joy told me that the Chinchou are hyperaggressive this time of year since their eggs are about to hatch; we should keep our distance from the Lagoon.

It’d be hard to catch any pokémon around the lagoon so I’m gonna call it a day. I’ll send you the address of an Inn I found—the pokécenter’s already packed with people who came to see the Parade of Chinchou; they’d never guess the little fish bastards were murder-goblins!

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

Initial: $6330
Everstone x 1 – $15,000.00

Kaden Miller - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh
"I trust your judgment. You're the seasoned battler of the two of us after all," Kaden said with a nod before making his way outside, Etna sticking to his side all the while. Going to his side of the battle field, the Arcanine sat down beside him, Kaden took in a deep breath. Battling really wasn't his thing, but it was good to do different things every now and then too keep oneself flexible.

"Alright, Etna!" the coordinator called out with the fire-rock type pokemon getting up and making her way to her spot on the field with a determined huff.

"We're ready," Kaden said, trying to steel his nerves for this upcoming battle.

Lara Brook - 10th of June - Route 3, Galar
Lara couldn't help but blush slightly when Nicole complemented her, "I- err.. You're a quick learner," she replied, not wanting to take credit for just showing what some buttons do essentially.

Rotom went over to Toast, curious about this new pokemon that their trainer had caught. Not being able to help themselves, they decided to be mischievous and see how this donkey would react to a small playful zap. Snickering to themselves, the camera-inhabiting ghost released a small jolt of electricity on the Mudbray

And... Nothing.. Toast didn't react at all. Not even the slightest sound. The ground type pokemon's vacant gaze wandered around until it landed on the strange camera and then they just ignored it.

Vrrrzt! - Buzzed Rotom, slightly annoyed and in astonishment. Lara turned around to see her two pokemon interacting and things seemed to be going.. alright? She was a bit worried over how Rotom would adjust to there being another pokemon with them, but only time would tell.

Gwen Tucker - 16th of June - Eterna City, Sinnoh
Gwen smiled brightly as the water-type attack landed and Cobalt puffed out his chest as well. Things were going a lot better compared to when she tried to take on those Galactic grunts. Something that was handy information was that the Flareon was slower now and hopefully they could try and take advantage of that at some point.

"Eh?- Dodge it!" Gwen called out quickly and just as instructed, her Piplup dove out of the way. However, Cobalt started to go off on his own again and launched a Bubble Fluff's way.

"Hold on I didn't even-" Gwen stuttered and sighed, "Cobalt come on! You should listen!" she called out, starting to get a bit frustrated at the Penguin pokemon's antics.

Nakano Saito​

Date: 1 Month Ago (26 years old); June 16
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Hanu the Infernape, Yuki the Froslass, Aero the Aerodactyl, Orochi the Zweilous

Battling: Gwen Tucker and Cobalt the Piplup (IDKWhatUserNameToDo) vs Fluffy the Flareon
Watching: Ron Towers and Luz the Espeon (Hecotoro), Ozzy the Deino (IDKWhatUserNameToDo)

From Espeon's sensation (however much she was able to entail from the detail), she might be able to feel Fluffy's careful body poised to dodge and react based on the Piplup's own shortcomings. Muscles tightened to react, muscles pulling back to pull his figurative punches. Despite his irritation and wanting to be alone again, he had the air of enjoyment battling and helping another battle.

Naka looked over upon seeing something glint in her peripherals, seeing Luz's gem glow. What was Ron doing? She squinted at the man before going back to the fight, noting that Cobalt dodged the Tackle, only for the Piplup to fight on its own. She clicked her tongue and shook her head. "You know what to do, Fluffy." She called out.

Another Bubble came Fluffy's way, but he watched with full awareness, hopped back, then charged, tail glowing metallic as he somersaulted onto his tail and propelled himself above the Bubble attack. Spinning in a somersault, he came back down in a smooth arc, his tail aimed at the Piplup on the down spin. Of course, the smooth arc was to get the Piplup to move out of the way because if this were to contact the ground, it will cause a small impact crater. This move was a battle-ready move, and it showed with the shininess of the silvery metal on his tail and the practiced motions.

Ezio Farello - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel -Sinnoh

"Very well, let us begin!" Ezio grinned, throwing a Pokéball and releasing Erebus, her entrance announced by a rain of embers as she roared, flames flaring up.

Erebus was stoked to fight, especially against Etna, the air shimmering around her from her heat. "Let's kick it off strong, Extrasensory!" Ezio ordered as Erebus fired off a rainbow-colored ray at the Fire type.

----------

Nicole Newman - June 10th - Route 3 - Galar

"Power of a good teacher." Nicole simply stated, recording the interactions between Rotom and Toast. "Toast is a Ground type, immune to Electric moves." She immediately said.

"What's the next play?" She asked, not wanting to sit still for too long.

Kaden smirked, "What a Superb entrance, I must say, but Etna! Agility and dodge it!" the coordinator called out, planning to use a safe strategy he tends to use during contests battles, though now he didn't need to focus so much on the theatrics of the battle.

Etna sprang into action with great speed and managed to dodge the psychic attack. She knew quite well her trainer's strategies as they've done this song and dance before many times. Her paw's emit a slight glow as her speed increased greatly and dashed up close to Erebus, ready for her trainer to call out the next attack.

"Now Crunch!" Kaden exclaimed and the Hisuian Arcanine opened her maw to try and bite down on the Volcano pokemon

Lara awkwardly rubbed her arm and looked down at the ground, slightly blushing again from Nicole's compliments. She then turned back to her two pokemon with Rotom looking over to the bird keeper, "Ah, yeah makes sense. I remember reading that from the information blurb. Perhaps it's good so Rotom can't play any pranks on him by zapping Toast," Lara chuckled, all too aware of her ghost pokemon's antics.

"Ah, yeah- Sorry for this tangent. We could go somewhere else to film if you want to practice some more, but if you feel confident in what you've learnt today we can also wrap things up," the photographer said and turned to look at Nicole once more.

Gwen Tucker - 16th of June - Battle field behind the Pokecenter, Eterna City, Sinnoh

Gwen collected herself as Fluff charged at Cobalt with another attack and this time it looked way stronger and did a somersault in the air! She couldn't just admire the acrobatics as the young trainer gritted her teeth, "Cobalt, dodge it!"

He didn't need to be told twice, and the Penguin Pokemon dodged out of the way, seemingly frowning because his latest attack missed.

"Use Pound next!" Gwen said, but Cobalt only responded in angry 'Pip's at the command. Then the water type's eyes glanced at the Dusk ball attached to his trainer's belt. Maybe he'd suck up to her some. Just to prove that he'd be the better partner pokemon than that annoying Deino.

"Come on Cobalt- Try at least!" she called out again and the small water type let out a small frustrated grunt and charged at the Flame pokemon, winding back his flipper with white white energy gathering around it in preparation for the attack.

Ron Towers - 16th of June - Eterna City, Sinnoh

"That little Piplup sure is stubborn." Ron said, almost biting his tongue in the process.

Luz could feel the new Pokemon on the scene, sensing it was somewhat familiar to her but different. First, it seemed more in touch with it's physical abilities and second it gave off a lot of body heat. What Luz couldn't figure out, why didn't it just admit it wanted to help. Reminded her of her trainer. Then, she focused on Cobalt.

It seemed the small water type was trying to prove it could battle on its own. It was a tough lesson to learn, admitting teamwork makes the dream work. Luz decided to help the little one out, she concentrated on Cobalt's aura and waited for it to finish its current attack, then she prepared to send a Helping Hand.

Nakano Saito​

Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Hanu the Infernape, Yuki the Froslass, Aero the Aerodactyl, Orochi the Zweilous

Battling: Gwen Tucker and Cobalt the Piplup (IDKWhatUserNameToDo) vs Fluffy the Flareon
Watching: Ron Towers and Luz the Espeon (Hecotoro), Ozzy the Deino (IDKWhatUserNameToDo)

The Iron Tail smashed into the ground, making a small crater at its impact. From the impact, he was propelled up, and he landed on all fours as he regarded the Piplup neutrally. The angry 'Pip's had Fluffy getting a bit agitated. Stubborn git really needed to listen to his trainer, even if she was in the wrong.

The Pound wasn't going to hurt too much at least. It wasn't the same type as Piplup, so no power boost and no type advantage, but he also had his lackluster defenses to worry about. But he didn't know how strong Piplup's physical attack was compared to his special attack, so this was going to be interesting. So when he allowed the Piplup to hit him on the shoulder with Pound, he winced and jumped back, shoulder now sore and he held up his leg for a few seconds before setting it back down. But the damage output was about the same.

Naka also caught it, her eyes judging her Flareon's reaction. "Hm, seems like - if you take away Bubble's super-effectiveness - they do just about the same amount of damage. Maybe Bubble a little bit more due to the power boost from being the same type as Cobalt, but normally Pound wouldn't hit this hard, so this Piplup's got the knack for physical moves if you ever went down that route. However, now we'll be trying something else. This is something I usually use for Pokemon who are close to learning a move to kickstart their body to learning it. I feel like Piplup may be close, so we'll see. Fluffy! Bite, get in close to Cobalt's face! Keep the pressure up!"

Flareon's teeth glowed a dark color and he rushed at Cobalt's face with maw agape. He wanted to bite on Cobalt's beak, but every fiber of his being was holding back from using one of his battle-ready moves at full power. If he did manage to hit, he'd only hit the tip of Cobalt's beak and not clamp down so hard that the Piplup couldn't free himself.

Montagne Khastil - Unranked - June 17th - Coumarine Port, Kalos

The scraps of fur wrapped around annoyingly-infinite sources of energy which Monty's comrades called "partners" chased each other around the squat stone warehouse, filling the space with a cacophony of YIPS! and YAPS! which kept Oracle from the restful sleep she needed after her battle. The Absol watched them play from atop a stack of empty wooden crates in the corner, silently glaring at them and judging the Vulpix in particular for her relentless cheer.

The little fox had lost their battle, so how dare she romp with the Pikachu without a care in the world? Sure they'd each had a visit to that lovely place Monty called a Pokemon Center, but if their battle wasn't between trainers it would have ended with Oracle feasting on the irritating Vulpix.

And what did useless Monty do about the affront to her pride in victory? Sit at the table and jabber about nothing with the old men! She could be out bullying wild Pokemon, or in her bed resting from the hard work of bullying said Pokemon, but instead she was trapped between these dank stones with a pair of vexing Pokemon, their weak old trainers, and useless Monty! She'd have to get back at him for placing her in this lowly situation.

Her irritation temporarily soothed by thoughts of retribution, Oracle resigned herself to resting her eyes and getting the best sleep she could. The Vulpix and Pikachu were annoying, but when she used her horn to push her focus out into the bay the waves' tranquility served as a pleasant substitute. She got a moment's respite as she felt the gentle breeze and lapping waves, but it was intruded on by a distant force cutting through the water.

Oracle picked her head up and looked in the direction of the disturbance with a signature glare, and Monty noticed her sudden movement. The criminal wondered what could've gotten her spooked, but his pondering was cut short by a sudden BZZZ...BZZZ...BZZZ from the table. Michel's antiquated flip phone was ringing, and the three men exchanged a look. The waiting around was over. Now it was time to get to work.

Michel plucked the buzzing phone off the table and flipped it open. "Bonjour?"

As his senior conversed Monty looked to his partner, whose gaze seemed to see straight through the warehouse and out into the bay, and wondered if she sensed the incoming call. No, that wasn't it. More likely she sensed Wabash's ship out in the water, since he'd read that Absol were known for their ability to sense minute changes in nature and the disasters that followed them through their horns.

Monty turned back to Michel, whose expression turned dour as he listened to the phone call. Monty and Antoine sat silent as they watched their superior, and after a tense few moments the old man uttered a simple, "Understood. We're ready," and hung up the phone.

"What happened with Wabash?" Antoine asked immediately, his crinkled eyebrows betraying the tension behind his relaxed posture.

Michel sighed and rubbed his eyes before explaining, "Apparently he'll give me the details when he pulls in."

"That's it?" Monty asked, knowing such a vague statement wouldn't have been enough for Michel's change in demeanor.

"The details he'll give are on why this will be the last shipment for a long while."

The statement hung in the air for a while before Antoine crossed his arms and said, "Is he fucking joking? Cause I'm not laughing." He whipped his gaze to Monty and demanded, "Are you laughing?" The younger criminal shook his head no.

"Hmph," Michel grunted, his mouth curled into a rare scowl. "When have you ever known Wabash to joke? He sounded pretty damn serious on the phone."

The tense silence returned to the room as the three men sat and waited for Wabash to come to port, and even the Pokemon seemed to pick up on the tension as they ceased their playing. Monty looked back up at Oracle, who was still glaring out past the walls, and wondered if she was living up to her species' reputation right before his eyes. There may not have been anything natural about it, but a disaster was decidedly on its way.

Last edited:
Blue Point Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto (July 18 )

The Kricketune seemed to smile and wave its appendage towards Skol as Politoed had hopped over and decided to get a proper meeting tilting its head before a big grin had crossed the frogs lips.

"Politoed Politoed~!" The Frog cried happily with a clap of its hands.

While their Pokemon seemed to get antiquated, Desmond raised an eyebrow at the "more around the corner" bit that followed the Chinchou incident, and while he rolled his eyes at more...he had taken a quick peak at the Lagoon as if to be safe before he carried on.

"Right, well wish you luck with that." Desmond said, before he was asked what brought him here as he sighed, pulling out his Pokesketch. "I am a Pokemon Photographer. I came here with a group to get some good shots, we currently are arranging meetings of where to stay as some of our group aim to compete in the Whirl Cup. Speaking of..." Desmond mused before he dialed up Reina's number and tried to call her once more.

Hopefully there had been an update with Esther and more importantly plans of where to stay for the night.

Ezio Farello - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel - Sinnoh

Ezio smiled, Kaden knew how to use his moves effectively. Still, he didn't reach the top 250 in the WCS by doing nothing. "Drop and use Thunder Punch!" The Ruin Maniac called out, deciding to put Kaden through the wringer and see just what he and Etna could do.

Erebus dropped down to all fours, dodging the Crunch as her body shimmered yellow with electricity before attempting to slam her fist into Etna's stomach.

As much as it pained Ezio to hurt Etna, he was willing to make some sacrifices for research. If this truly was an Arcanine, it had Flash Fire as an Ability since it did not Intimidate Erebus. If Erebus was not up to the challenge, he still had a back-up in his team.

Nicole Newman - 10th of June - Route 3 -Galar

"I'm fine with some more practice, there is no harm in learning." Nicole said, turning off the camera and putting it back into the bag. "Do you have any specific targets to record or do you just wander around trying to find something fun?" She asked, putting a hand on her hip.

"Poke" Skol cheerfully mused. He seemed happy to meet the other two pokémon.

"Got my good luck charm right here" Aldon said patting Skol who didn't notice.

Aldon looked at Desmond confused before turning to look in the direction he was looking. Near the lagoon. Probably still thinking about the chinchou from earlier. Aldon also assumed he might be thinking about fishing. Actually that seemed like something Skol would think of.

"The world cup, huh? I think I heard some people in town talk about that. Sounds neat! Are you watching, camera boy or are you entering it?" Aldon asked.

Etna got hit by the Thunder Punch square on her stomach and she recoiled in pain with a slight whine, but luckily she didn't get paralyzed. Kaden grit his teeth. His pokemon did have a super effective move, but it wasn't the most reliable, but he had to give it a go.

"Twirl and Iron Tail!" the coordinator called out. Etna barked as her tail began to get a metallic sheen to it with the dog-like pokemon spinning herself around to try and slam her now metallic tail into the volcano pokemon

Lara took a moment to think, but decided to recall Toast into his pokeball and the donkey pokemon didn't seem to object to the decision at all, "Well, we could try to film something that moves around more. Sometimes you need to be quick and don't necessarily have time to set it up on the stand, so we could do some hand held filming as well," the reporter suggested as she walked over to Nicole again, "There are plenty of bird pokemon around here usually. Perhaps we could film them flying around?"

Gwen Tucker - 16th of June - Battle field behind the Pokecenter, Eterna City, Sinnoh
Gwen looked at Naka as she analyzed Cobalt's battling capabilities. She was still a relatively new trainer, so she hadn't even considered training Cobalt in a specific attacking type, but she'd definitely try to take note of Naka's tips and pointers.

"Huh?- Wait, you think so?" Gwen asked and looked over to her Penguin pokemon and didn't quite have time to give a counter command to her pokemon but then Cobalt's beak began to glow in response to the Flareon's Bite and the two moves clashed with Fluff chomping down on the water type's beak. Cobalt winced in pain but pulled back and while his beak was still glowing, he went to attack the Flame pokemon with a Peck.

"Wait! That's peck right? Good job Cobalt! You learned a new move!" Gwen cheered her pokemon on, ecstatic that he learned a new move and even something super effective towards the Eterna Gym.

Last edited:

Nakano Saito​

Just like that, Naka's theory worked like a charm. Piplup learned Peck, and she pumped her fist in the air, celebrating alongside Gwen. "Good job, Cobalt! Good job learning Peck! That's going to serve you really well against any Grass-, Fighting-, and Bug-Types." As Naka spoke, the Peck landed, hitting Fluffy on the other shoulder. It was thankfully blunt and it didn't hit as hard as Pound did, but it still stung.

"Hang in there, Fluffy. You're doing an excellent job! Now, let's see if we can't get Piplup used to fighting in close quarters like this. Gwen, better think on your feet because Cobalt is definitely going to need you right now. Copycat!" Fluffy's eyes twinkled and he copied the energy of Peck, his own snout glowing and becoming pointier to copy the shape of a beak before he went in for his own attack. However, the way he fought seemed a lot like Fury Attack, as he continued to try and hit Piplup with the makeshift energy beak and test out Cobalt's reaction speed and Gwen's coolness when her own Pokemon is pressured into a situation like this.

Esther
Monday, July 19 – Whirlpool Inn, Blue Lagoon Town
Blue Point Isle, Whirl Archipelago​
Johto Region​

Esther awoke with sleep-crusted eyes, feeling just as exhausted as when she went to sleep. She wasn’t surprised. Last night the Blue Lagoon Chinchou had marched from the Lagoon to the sea, a shining tapestry of lights that rivaled the brilliance of the starry sky above them. From Esther’s seat in her sky car, it really did look like Arceus itself had plucked the stars from the sky and cast them to the ground. It had been beautiful; it was almost worth nearly getting killed by the viciously overgrown bug zappers.

The procession last for a few hours and by the time the last Chinchou had disappeared into the sea, midnight was nigh. However, it seemed like that was when the party started. Not one to pass up on a chance for festivities, Esther threw herself into the throng mingling with the town’s folk. She released her pokémon and they watched the fireworks soar into the sky and sampled Johto’s festival delights. At one point she managed to sweet-talk her way onto a stage where she crooned ‘Natsu Matsuri’. She was pleased to find the old summer festival song was readily accepted as the crowd hummed along.

The Oblivian retired for the night just as the sun was rising above the horizon and she’d barely caught a wink before it was time to go.

Esther threw off her sheets and staggered to the bathroom, somewhere she could hear disgruntled cries from Pyrrha, Halay, and Pari. These days, her pokémon slept with her in bed and they were the first to be unceremoniously awoken. A splash of cold water perked her up slightly, just enough for her to change into fresh clothes and lead her pokémon in a zombie march to the Inn’s dining room. Well, only Halay marched. Pari and Pyrrha were far too content clinging to Esther’s head and neck respectively.

The sweet scent of breakfast compelled her and with remarkable willpower, she dragged herself onto a stool.

“Cup’a tea, please...sweet...and a Chesto...” She drawled out her order; it had just barely been coherent. When the waitress took off, Esther crossed her arms over the table and slumped against them. Less than five minutes later, her order arrived—steaming hot, the steam tickled her senses; it smelled of ginger and honey, and a hint of cinnamon.

Two halves of a Chesto berry lay on a saucer to her side. She squeezed one into her drink and stirred. A moment later she took a long, slurping sip.

"Ohhhhh~ that's good~"
Pokéball x2

Seal Case

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 19 (26yo)
Location: Whirlpool Inn, Blue Lagoon Town, Blue Point Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Douggie the Dugtrio, Hattie the Hatterene, Aero the Aerodactyl, Brute Tooth the Barraskewda

Interactions: Esther, Halay the Houndour, Pyrrha the Jangmo-o, and Pari the Munna (kyuukestu)

"Ugh..." Naka's head pounded. The soft morning light from the curtains had woken her up and she was not having it. She rolled over and buried her head into the pillow, but then the sounds of her Flareon just stretching in the sheets next to her and purring had fully woken her up, the purring sounding like a jackhammer and the rustling sounding like scraping. Groaning, she pushed herself up and sat at the edge of the bed, holding her head in her hand. Watching the Chinchou light up like twinkling stars as they swam looked absolutely beautiful and it was one she wouldn't mind going to again. If only she had more time to tag or get some research done on those Chinchou-... Though, thinking about it, tagging them might not be a good idea. The locals would likely throw her out.

After she had gotten drunk, she had decided it was a good idea to try out the Whirl Cup Tournament and get signed up for it. So she did late last night after someone began singing on stage. A beautiful song, but the loud noises were proving to be the bane of her existence. Wait...

She signed up... For a TELEVISED TOURNAMENT????

She yelled in shock, holding both of her hands on her head as she stared at the ceiling. "Whyyyyyyyyyy.....??? Damn it..." She groaned and fell back against the bed, groaning at her own stupidity.

Her Flareon and Pichu - after struggling out of the covers Naka fell onto - hovered over her face. The concerned squeaks and mewls had Naka sighing, reconciling to her demise. Maybe she should just resign from the tournament. Was that possible? Probably.

She stood up, rubbing her head as it pounded and she got ready for the day, wearing a camo jacket, dark green cargo pants, a black tank top, and black combat boots. Swinging a heavy floral brown backpack on her shoulders, she sighed. She then combed through her long blonde hair to make it part one way and scratched the shaved sides and back of her head. "Alright, let's get going." Chu hopped up onto her shoulders, and the Flareon walked alongside her heel.

The smell of the food was disgustingly good. Not seeing who was at the counter, she sat right next to a young woman, it seemed. Her Flareon looked at the girl's Pokemon curiously, specifically looking at the Jangmo-o on her and the Houndour by her seat. Chu was staring at the Munna.

Naka looked up, her grey eyes conveying just how much pain she was in right now, face pale.

"Oh, you don't look so good. Hangover?"

Naka nodded.

"Would you like this hangover special? There's a discount on it."

Naka nodded again.

The lady disappeared and that was when Naka realized she was sitting next to someone. She looked over and gave a very limp wave. "Hey..." Her voice sounded hoarse. That's what vomit would do to a throat. "Heard your song up there, I think. If that was you singing. That was pretty damn good. Wish I wasn't suffering from a hangover to listen to the rest of it. Hope you're not faring as badly as I am." She sighed, thanking the woman who brought her drink to her. Being an overall balanced drink despite the sweet undertones and sour perking her cheeks, it did help her head feel less foggy and it wasn't throbbing as badly.

She decided to make easy talk, not really wanting to ignore the girl. "What's your name? I'm Naka. You gonna do the Whirl Cup Tournament?" Might as well figure out what she's going up against. She scratched the scar that ran down her neck from her jaw, her body hunched over. Man, she really didn't feel good still.

Esther
Tuesday, July 19 – Whirlpool Inn, Blue Lagoon Town
Johto Region​

By the Creation Trio! Chesto was strong stuff! Esther knew berries weren’t something humans were supposed to take lightly, but their potency still stunned her whenever she sampled them. A full Chesto berry would snap a pokémon from dead asleep to wide awake, its effects on a human were much more pronounced.

The addition of Chesto berry gave the tea a smooth and dry texture; but, more importantly, it perked Esther right up! Three sips and she was wide awake; her body jittered and bounced in her seat, and she vibrated with exuberant energy. It was the mother of all caffeine rushes with none of the caffeine! She could've screamed just to take the edge off her high!

The initial high bled off as Esther slowed herself to careful sips, she enjoyed the warmth of the brew and drained about half the cup before she glanced left, then right, and—with the coast clear—sneaked her cup under the table to let Halay take a few licks. It was at this point that her breakfast neighbor struck up a conversation. Esther froze; she looked like a child caught feeding their food to the dog—that wasn’t too far from the truth.

“Uh–Eh–Um...”, she stammered out the beginning of an excuse before her brain caught up with the situation. “Song? Ohhhh, uh—yeah! That was me; glad you enjoyed it! My name’s Esther, how about you?”

The girl’s brain was obviously running on autopilot.

“Ugh, sorry, I’m stupid, forget that.” She flushed but luckily her dusky skin covered her shame.

“The Whirl Cup, right! A few friends and I signed up for it, but...you need three water-type pokémon to participate and right now I only have one. I’m looking to... convince two more pokémon to join my team before the tournament this Friday. I haven’t had much success... but now that the Chinchou are gone I’m hoping the other water types will show up again.”

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

July 18, Monday - Blue Point Isle, Johto, Eveline

"Eh... I uh, don't care that much. The kid can be curious, they won't learn stuff otherwise. If they don't ask things out of the blue, then they aren't going to learn the stuff that's really important. Arceus knows that school didn't teach us anything useful. Just... uh... don't ask the same question more than once, so drop the eye thing, you were just seeing stuff, my eyes are brown, see?"

Eveline lowered the other side of her glasses, showing her eye was a nice, earthy color before she raised them again. It looked like in the rush back from that crazy light show that one of her contacts fell out... she would have to be more careful about that from here on out. It was definitely going to be awkward for now, but once she fulfilled her promises to Esther, she felt that it would be more than okay to head out somewhere.

July 18, Monday - Blue Point Isle, Johto, Genevieve

Genevieve looked down when Reina scolded her, but was definitely more pleased when Eveline didn't have an issue with it at all. Sam had finally awoken, and looked at Eveline... and to be frank, he liked her a lot, for no particular reason. There was just something about her that clicked with him. Sam immediately began hovering around her before testing something out and retreating to his stump on Eveline's head. It was... so much softer than Gene's... quite comfy, even though Eveline sighed in "done with this crap", she still gave him scratches on his left branch. That was his favorite spot!

July 19, Tuesday - Blue Point Isle, Johto, Eveline

Eveline awoke in her room, her hair being an absolute mess. She was happy that someone had decided to room with her, she wasn'r exactly ready to build a tab at yet another establishment, interest would go a long way in this case. She sighed before digging into her purse... dang it, she forgot, none of her cash would be useful here... stupid printing dates. At least she still had plenty of Poké Balls... wait, she couldn't use those either, if she caught any new Pokémon here... what would happen to them if they were brought forward 15 years into the future?! Bunch of stupid, timey-wimey crap... her ID wasn't even going to be good, it had dates on it that didn't exist yet! Seemed like she was sort of in a bad place... and it looked like she had a reason to stick with these people after all.

Groggily, she stood up from her bed, before walking directly into the wall in front of her... she hadn't have been drinking THAT much, right...? Apparently it was enough to where she completely passed out, she was normally better than that, must've been the festivities that got her blood running. What she didn't remember or consider is if they even checked her ID, which the answer was a very fast no, dude serving the drinks didn't bother as long as Eveline stayed by them. After realizing she didn't have any of her clothes other than the set she had from when she came here... and she didn't want people judging her for just... putting on the same clothes as the day before. So, to alleviate this, she just grabbed a bathrobe and some slippers from the bathroom and put it on. Surely no one would care THAT much... she needed some food.

After much sleepy walking and avoiding walking into another wall, she finally made it to the dining room. She surprisingly was able to see Esther from there, but she didn't recognize the person next to her, her vision was all blurry, but couldn't pin down why. She slumped her way over there, lightly patting Halay and Pyrrha in that order, and respectively saying "good durg" and "good doggie" in that order. She would then sit down at the other side of Esther, looking to her and her new friend with her very tired grey and white eyes. To say the least, she did not wake up pretty, slept with her makeup on too. She rubbed her eyes and stretched her arms.

"Morn... in'. Who's that...? 'Nother new friend of yours? That's good, you make friends fast. Arceus DAMN I need a coffee and some bread... preferably a croissant... or maybe a cinnamon roll... or maybe a croissant in a cinnamon roll... with a donut on top of the croissant... make a new turducken. Are you looking at me funny? I can barely tell with this stupid sleep haze..."

Esther
Johto Region​

“Only with the cute ones,” Esther threw a wink and snickered while Pari blew a wet trumpet in Eveline’s direction; the dream eater pokémon hadn’t appreciated being left out on head pats. The Oblivian briefly wondered where her fourth pokémon, L’ Basseau had slipped off to. She hadn’t seen the Surskit all morning and she was sure it had been in her room last night.

She would’ve moved to search but at that moment Eveline started rambling. It wasn’t the inane but innocuous chatter of a sleep-addled adolescent, but rather it was the vicious and perverse admissions of a hardened war criminal.

“Disgusting! What kind of maniac are you? Croissants and Cinnamon rolls are holy and inviolable, the best breads; they’re already perfect, don’t profane the divine.”

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

Blue Point Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto (July 19)

Compared to others, Desmond had gotten a better bit of rest. While the day yesterday had been eventful, he had gotten lucky and was only tied up with the Lagoon situation at the tail end of it so he had not ended up restless as a result of it. His alarm sounded and Desmond worked his way out of the bedroom, slipping out of his pajamas toward the shower he worked to get himself cleaned up as he seemed to have a thought in mind as he washed himself.

So, today is the Whirl Cup huh? Hopefully nothing else weird happens...

Desmond worked to dry up and changed into a fresh set of clothing, working to put his personal locket around his neck as he made his way out of his room in the inn and moved to the dining room. A little something to eat would be a decent way to begin the day, and as he moved down he already saw a few others of their group that seemed to be up; some either who had been with them on the ride here, or they had met up with after arriving on these islands, not the least of which included Esther in the group. Who seemed to have made a statement which concerned...bread of all things.

"Did someone's breakfast preferences upset you?" Desmond mused to Esther as he had made his presence known as he found his own seat by them while he carried his usual "eh fine" tone about him.

Last edited:

Esther
Johto Region​

“Listen Dessy, she—” Esther waved towards Eveline, her tone filled with dramatic scorn. “Wants to stick a croissant through a donut and then stick that in a cinnamon roll!” The girl helpfully illustrated the profanity of Eveline’s wayward breakfast options by sticking her thumb between her fingers in a gesture that...well, they'd know
1671425600644.png

Needless to say, Eveline’s breakfast was highly offensive and a nearby mother fearfully shielded the eyes and ears of her child as she beat a swift and hasty retreat.

“Tell her she’s off her rocks!”

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

~Aldon...!~

The night was like any other. Skol sat on Aldon's bed and Aldon was in the bath, scooba diving. Candles, a mountain of bubbles, a glass of champagne and a half eaten Turkey sandwich on rye on the counter. It was a nice night, Aldon got plenty self care in. Even archaeologists gotta treat themselves.

The morning was also like any other. Aldon woke up to an alarm clock that had been going off for a whole hour. He got dressed, stretched, texted a few of his archeology friends and readied himself to ho downstairs. Breakfast time. He saw some other people and slid past them, "M-m-m-mmmmmorning! Today's a good day! Sun is shining, wingull are flying and food is calling my name" Aldon said making his way over.

Grabbing himself a plate with all sorts of random food. None of it looked coordinated, it just looked like Aldon put on a blindfold and grabbed random stuff. He sat at the table and ate accordingly. Occasionally holding out food that floated away from his hand and directly to Skol.

Aldon stopped eating for a moment, "So have any of you guys heard about the Pearl cup? I heard that were having that here, sounds cool, right? Maybe" Aldon asked before continuing to eat. He wiped his face with a napkin, he was a slightly messy eater today as he hadn't eaten much the day prior and was quite hungry.

Dessy huh? If this was a trend or the kind of "affection" nickname he had to look forward to from Esther than he was in for a long little trip with this group. Regardless, he listened to Esther as she outlined her complaints one of the other girls who had been at the table, who seemed to suggest an "interesting" combination of foods as he raised an eyebrow once she had finished.

"Never took you as a food critic." Desmond muttered a bit as he glanced to the girl who Esther seemed to object to her tastes with. But before he had a chance to speak another individual seemed to join them at the table, one he was more familiar with in Aldon who seemed to have a plate of random food he just tossed together which had to be some crime against the culinary arts.

"Could always be worse." Desmond mused to Esther in relation to Aldon's food before he heard his mention of this "Pearl" cup as he tried to open conversation and he sighed a bit.

"It's Whirl Cup...and yes, it is today." Desmond clarified to Aldon as he took a sip of his coffee he had gotten.

Last edited:

"Now clearly... you've never had to carboload. Have to have a loooooot of energy when going on a long biking trip. It'd be a bad thing if you suddenly pass out because you're out of energy after biking for 12-13 hours straight. I only do what's necessary. Also, is it really that different from say... a salad? All that is is putting many types of vegetables that are fine on their own on top of each other, so why is what I dub the cinnamon croissanut so offensive?"

Eveline looked at Esther with a smirk, putting a finger on her forehead as if to say "I have outsmarted you". She would then get up for a moment before grabbing a cinnamon roll, a croissant and... a... oh no... she began assembling it.

Esther
Johto Region​

“It’s Friday,” Esther quipped while she made a nauseous, disgusted face at Eveline and made a show of refusing to even look in the girl’s direction. “You can register for the Whirl Cup today, but the actual Competition is held on Friday and it’s on Red Rock Isle.”

She would’ve said more, but her eyes locked onto the unholy chimeric hodgepodge of dishes Aldon had on his blame, the sight of which was so horrifying that Esther stumbled from her seat. If she could’ve changed color, she’d be vomit green, cause that’s how she felt while dining with Eveline and Aldon.

Esther sucked in a sharp breath and then hissed, “Heathens! May Arceus have mercy on your souls, for I shall not!”

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

July 19, Monday - Blue Point Isle, Johto. Reina, current rank, 35,219.

"Whoa what a workout!"

Reina wiped the sweat off her forehead with a blue towel. She was at a small beach, her entire team out of her PokeBall and running about. Next to the Metztlian was her Clefairy, the cute pink Pokemon also attempting to clean her face while facing the rest of the team. Despite the big festival from the night before, Reina had been in bed by midnight. She had woke up at sunrise and made her way down to the beach to have a training session with her Pokemon. She even had a battle with some jogger, who was really friendly and that positive attitude seemed to have rub off on Reina.

"Everyone ready to return?" She walked over to Storm, her Lapras, petting her big blue head. "You did great, even on this tropical setting your ice attacks were super cold!" She gently pressed the Moon Ball against the Lapras' forehead, returning her. "Blue Demon, thank you for helping out our newest member, Viridis you were awesome!" She returned both the Hawlucha and Scyther, "Chente, your rhythm is becoming almost perfect with your moves, I swear you can almost dance with it." She returned the Lombre and faced her Swampert, "Peque, you wanted to stay out right? Keep Diva company then."

Rein made her way back to her hotel room, taking a quick shower and changing into her new clothes. She had bought a Chinchou shirt, that had the water Pokemon printed on the belly section and the light bulbs going up the chest area, it was supposed to be a joke but Reina found it adorable. She added black shorts and her trusty but sturdy boots. Once she was prepared, she made her way back to the beach, were her Swampert and Clefairy had been building sand castles, one even seemed to have ran away.

"Diva, Peque, want to look around? We might find some cheap souvenirs since the festival is over." A bright smile appeared on Reina's face as she began making her way into the small market area near the hotel.

~Aldon again!...~

"Yeah that" Aldon said pointing at Desmond.

"Or better" Aldon commented of Desmonds 'could be worse' comment. Aldon paused in between eating to watch Eviline. Aldon was confused because he thought today was Thursday, "Huh..." Aldon muttered.

"Takes on to know one, I guess" Aldon said cheerfully before finishing his biscuits and gravy. Keeping some of his drink for the road.

"So then, I take it you guys are gonna join the Swirled- I mean, Whirl cup! Join the Whirl Cup, or are you all spectating? I know I am" Aldon said reaching down to pet Skol.

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 19 (26yo)
Location: Whirlpool Inn, Blue Lagoon Town, Blue Point Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Douggie the Dugtrio, Hattie the Hatterene, Aero the Aerodactyl, Brute Tooth the Barraskewda

Interactions: Esther (kyuukestu), Desmond (godjacob), Eveline (GQuasch), Aldon (ThAtGuY101)

Naka sipped more of her drink, the stuff helping to alleviate more and more of her hangover the longer she drank it. She had noticed Esther feeding it to her Houndour, but she didn't care. She would have done the same for her other Pokemon if she didn't need this remedy right now. She chuckled as Esther stammered so much, Naka was afraid she wouldn't get the girl's name. She did eventually get it and then laughed a little when she asked how she was. She just nonchalantly waved her hand at it. "It's fine." Hearing they needed three Water-Type Pokemon...

Ah, crap, she had just the amount, too.

Sighing, she realized how much of a predicament she was in. But hearing Esther went the approach of gaining friendships before catching Pokemon had her smiling and nodding from being impressed. That's cool. It helped to ease her away from the uncomfortable subject.

She was about to say something when another girl arrived, wearing a bath robe and slippers. She had to keep herself from snickering at her strange way of speaking. Man, she really was just as tired. She waved upon being mentioned. Turducken? That sounded honestly pretty good right about now.

Yes, she had her appetite back.

She nearly missed being called cute, but when she heard it, Naka hung her head, shaking it and chuckling. Was she hitting on her? Wasn't she a bit older than her? It was then Esther got mad at the croissant-cinnamon-roll-doughnut combination, and the whole situation just had her laughing her ass off, especially when a new guy in the group - one Esther named Dessy - had arrived and teased her on it, setting her off. And her vulgar sign language had Naka holding her hand with her mouth, trying to keep her inane giggling in check.

Then another guy came by, with food piled on haphazardly in such random ways that it Desmond commented on it and it killed Esther. She spotted Eveline going to assemble the darn thing and she had to keep herself from wheezing and snorting. The news that it the cup was on Red Rock Isle was registered, but she was too busy finding this whole group fun to be around.

Hearing the guy with the haphazard mess on his plate was also going to be participating in the tournament, she decided to say something about herself, not wanting to be left out of the loop. "You guys are a hoot. I should stick around. You guys are like comedy gold." Her giggling finally died down and she took another sip. "I'm Nakano Saito, by the way. A researcher who's here to work and kind of sightsee. I uh... In my drunken stupor last night, signed up for the tournament. Might as well. Though, the fact it's televised and it having an audience is..." She shivered, not finishing that sentence. "Anyway, yeah, I'll uh... Try, if my stage fright doesn't kick in. So, what are your guys' names? Mind if I stick around for just this Whirl Island bizz, since we'll be going the same place?"

"Ah, must've had someone give me the registration date. What she said." Desmond mused as Esther corrected him and provided the need to know info. Well, he learned not to trust first sources it seemed as he took a sip of some coffee and had a bite of his bagel, though at the moment Esther seemed to have a panic attack as between Aldon's random assortment of who knows what and Eveline's Frankenstein creation she seemed oddly smug about.

"Try not to keel over Esther, wouldn't be flattering if your tombstone read "death by food cringe" now." Desmond mused before he took another sip of his coffee. As Aldon charmingly seemed to be brought to speed Desmond glanced over his way when he asked who was partaking in it and who had been a spectator.

"I'm gonna be watching, more specifically taking pictures of the event. Pokemon fight far away from me and I get some shots of a spectacle. It's a win-win." Desmond explained to Aldon. Then another on the table, Nakano Saito, seemed to speak up after she had stopped from nearly choking over her own laughter at the antics of others on the table as Desmond had a sweat drop roll down the side of his head.

"Glad you find the chaotic energy of this group so amusing..." Desmond mused a bit, before he took a sip of his coffee and bite of his bagel. Once he had finished he sighed a bit before he figured he should introduce himself. "Name is Desmond, Desmond Andrews." Desmond said as he gave his name to Nakano before he resumed his breakfast in a more reserved fashion.

~Aldon...~

Skol continued to sit there, looking at the random people and their pokémon before letting out a long exasperated yawn which caused Aldon to let out a yawn. He paused then cleared his throat. While some of the people drank coffee, Aldon wasn't interested in that sort of a drink, and enjoyed a nice glass of mixed berry juice. The favored drink choice for this archeologist extraordinaire.

"Why thankyou! Stick around all ya want or whatever" Aldon said not knowing whether or not that were directed at him or the others, but he gave a smile and a thumbs up, regardless.

"Nice to meet you, Nakano! Huh... Good luck in the tournament, I guess... Maybe save off on the drinking until after the tournament, haha!! I know I could use a drink right around now. I'll be watching from the stands cheering you on then" Aldon said.

"The names Aldon. Aldon Larch! Archeologist extraordinaire! Ruins maniac. Occasional relic hunter, I guess. And my faithful companion, Skol!" Aldon said adressing himself then gesturing down towards his slowpoke sidekick. The slowpoke sat there as it it were the only creature in the room. Completely staring into the distance as it it were staring at something lightyears away. Aldon snapped his fingers, then poked Skol's ear. A few minutes later, "Slooow...?" Skol cheered. Skol smiled at Aldon before looking over at the different pokemon.

"Your watching too? That's cool! Maybe we'll see some cool battles. If these guys can battle as much as they eat then this'll be a pretty good tournament" Aldon said.

Last edited:

Eveline finished her food rather quickly, before Aldon had even finished half of his plate. She leaned back, sighing as she patted her stomach. That was some good food... she didn't really get to eat stuff like this that often. She at least wiped her hands off with a napkin before standing up and stretching.

"I'll be right back... gotta put on some actual clothes and grab my stuff... maybe make myself look decent. Also, I just realized I don't have sleep haze, I just forgot my contacts, must have fallen off last night. Hold on."

Eveline ran off to get to her room, being gone for a hot minute as she took a quick shower, put on her brown contacts and sunglasses, grabbed her balls and purse, and put on her one pair of clothes. After say... ten minutes, she would be back, sitting back down next to the rest of the group, looking and acting like herself again. She would raise an eyebrow to Nakano upon her name being asked.

"Eveline. Eveline Velsh. Biker on hiatus, because SOMEONE blew up my bike! Frickin' quack professor, I swear..."

July 19, Tuesday - Blue Point Isle, Johto, Genevieve

Genevieve was sitting down by the beach with Reina's Pokémon, mainly because Reina just didn't let her leave her side. At this rate, she would basically be handcuffed to her. However, she and Sam saw a chance to get away once Reina left to go clean herself up, and Peque and Diva were too focused on their sand castles. She got up and walked off on her own with Sam into the recesses of the marketplace. Looking around, she found that same touch pool she was at yesterday, and figured she had no reason to not go their and pet more fishies. This time, she found a Luvdisc, Wishiwashi, and a Arrokuda. They were strange looking Pokémon... though she did recognize Arrokuda, and after she rolled up her sleeve, all of the fish got small pats. As she went along, she turned her head to be faced by the Octillery from yesterday. She backed up a little, but looked at it closer... it looked scared. Gene got closer, then pet the Octillery on the head, giving them scritches. The Octillery was pleased by this, closing their eyes as they made small bubbling noises. Gene would then lightly headbutt the Octillery, officially making up with the Pokémon for their past misunderstandings.

July 18, Blue Point Isle, Johto
Savannah

Zap Zap's attack looked to have had very mixed effects on the numerous Chinchou rampaging over the lake. Some looked damaged by the electricity, while other looked completely unscathed, having seemingly absorbed the electric attack instead. This was noticed by Savannah. "Ooh what was that? Zap Zap! Grab one of those who absorbed your attack! I want to know what happened!" She commanded.

Following his partner's command, the Shinx quickly bit onto one of the Chinchou's antenna, dragging it away from the rest it's school. "Now throw it to me!" Before the Water type could react to what had just happened to it, the Shinx proceeded to fling it across the air. Leaping up to catch it was Savannah who instantly slammed a pokeball onto it. The small capturing device worked as intended, absorbing the angler Pokemon into it. Following this, the young woman noticed the rest of her group beginning to retreat from the scene "Alright let's get out of here." Savannah added before breaking into a sprint away from the electrified lake.

July 19, Blue Point Isle, Johto
Savannah

Savannah woke up as the first rays of sunshine signaled the arrival of the new day. However, she wasn't sleeping inside the hotel on a nice comfy bed like the rest of her group. Instead, she had spent the night huddled up under a tree right next to the building, snuggled up with Zap Zap.

After the event with the Chinchou horde transpired, Savannah lost sight of Esther and the others, finding herself alone. Luckily, she was able to catch the sight of Reina's group and had followed them from a distance to the Whirlpool Inn. Feeling quite drained by the adventure, as well as not knowing how inns worked, Savannah opted for the easy solution and simply found a nice tree to sleep under.

The primitive woman ignored the looks of any passerby who just found a half naked young woman sleeping under a tree as she got up to her feet, stretching her arms over her head. The girl let out a yawn as she fully awoke. "Ah that was a nice . Now let's go find something to eat Zap Zap, I'm feeling a bit hungry." She spoke as if nothing was wrong. The woman's call seemed to have woken the electric type who appeared to not have gotten up at the same time as his partner.

The small Shinx stretched his legs out, getting rid of the grogginess in it's mind before turning to his partner, nodding in approval. "Great, let's go." Declared Savannah as she and Zap Zap ran down to the beach, passing Reina and her pokemon on the way but not noticing it.

Last edited:
Gwen couldn't help but marvel at Naka's strategies. They were so cool and clever! But she couldn't allow herself to stop and stare as they were still in the middle of a battle.

"Cobalt, try to use your peck to block Fluff's attacks," the light blue haired girl shouted out. The penguin pokemon's beak glowed a bit brighter as he tried to keep up with the Flareon's attacks and block them to mediocre success with the attacks clashing causing some damage still and missing some as well, but it was better than not doing anything.

"Hang in there! Now Bubble again!" Gwen called out and the glowing energy from Cobalt's beak faded in favor of the bubbles in various shades of blue and began to blow out in almost point blank distance. The water-type and his trainer had potential in their teamwork, but they still had ways to go to fully realize it.

Nakano Saito​

Yes. Yes! They were doing it! Even with Cobalt's slight blunders, they were sword-fighting with their beaks. It was a bit silly to watch, but the excitement to help out Gwen had stilled her want to laugh at the ridiculousness.

Some of the Pecks landed on Fluffy's cheeks or collar, causing him to have to stifle whines. But Cobalt seemed to be getting better, listening to Gwen and even getting better at using Peck. They seemed to get stronger with each hit, some of Fluffy's attacks being glanced or pushed away even more whenever they clashed. It was when the Bubble attack happened was when his eyes widened. The point blank range had disrupted the Peck, and Fluffy was blown back, somersaulting backwards as the bubbles popped and showered him in more of that film. He got up, his legs shaking and he was panting heavily, but his spirit to continue was the reason why he continued to stand.

"Nice, a critical hit! Sometimes happens when you catch the Pokemon off guard, or hit them in a critical spot and it deals even more damage." She watched Fluffy's body, determining if she should honestly continue. After a terse moment to decide, she yelled out. "Alright, you want to still continue this?" She asked Gwen, with Fluffy defiantly barking, not wanting to back down in this fight. "I think Fluffy wants to keep giving Cobalt a work out for as long as he can stand." She chuckled.

Montagne Khastil - Unranked - June 17th - Coumarine Port, Kalos

The criminals watched Wabash's approach from outside the warehouse, Oracle at Monty's side and he at his superiors'. All four of them glared at the approaching vessel, and Michel bristled with a quiet animosity that Monty didn't see often. With how friendly they were and how often Cormier paired them up for jobs, Monty had almost forgotten that the old man was the first lieutenant, the second in command, and if any matter demanded the second in command to resolve it was this.

Wabash took his sweet time docking, his old white and blue ship moving at an impossibly slow pace that exascerbated the ire of the three men assembled to meet him. First the shithead dropped a timebomb on them over the phone, and now it was like he kept pausing the timer to increase the suspense. Most people they dealt with were usually smart enough not to keep them waiting, but maybe so long at sea finally waterlogged the old codger's brain.

Monty got the same uneasy feeling as he did during the Pokemon shipment, and he noticed that the typically-bustling deck was eerily empty. There were no shiphands. The criminal recalled Wabash's story from ten days ago; that his hired hands turned out to be former Galactic grunts with Interpol on their asses. Did the same thing happen? Or did Wabash get spooked away from hiring shiphands in the first place?

Monty glanced down to Oracle, who was scratching at the cobblestones out of what seemed to be anxiety. Her fur was ruffled and her glare intensified as the ship approached, and her trainer wondered again if it was her disaster sense at work. Then again, maybe it was just the ship specifically, since she'd spent a probable week aboard it locked inside her cage. A pang of...something gripped Monty for a second, a feeling he wasn't used to; guilt. It was gone as quick as it appeared, though, and he pushed it aside as he refocused on the task at hand.

The ship finally stopped next to the cobblestone dock, and Michel declared, "Monty, Antoine, anchor the ship then come up to the helm." The old beaux voyou jumped across to the deck, his heavy boots planting firmly onto the wet steel, and continued, "I'm heading up to chat with our friend here."

Monty and Antoine exchanged a look, and the senior said, "You heard the man." He followed Michel across to the deck, scooping up a mass of ropes in his arms and tossing them across to Monty, who caught them and skillfully knotted them to the dock anchors. "Secured," Monty confirmed, and alighted onto the deck beside Antoine.

"Come on, Oracle," Monty said, waving his hand to coax the Absol onto the ship, but she crouched low to the ground with the spine-aligned fur standing upright. "Alright! Alright!" Her trainer groaned as he was subject to the fullest extent of her Pressure, having to resist the ability or else slip on the slick deck from the increased weight. "Just stay there, then!"

"Guess you weren't lying when you said she's a pain in the ass," Antoine commented, turning to the stairs which led up into the helm. "Come on, let's join the old man." Monty followed after him, and as the pair climbed up a fury of shouts erupted from the open door.

"YOU'RE GONNA SCREW US, WABASH?!" Monty had never heard Michel so angry before. Antoine paled at the sound of their superior's shouting, and quickened his pace up the steps.

"WHO DO YE THINK YER TALKING TO?!" Wabash sounded equally infuriated.

Monty and Antoine reached the door and rushed in to join their comrade, who slugged Wabash across the chin with a heavy right hook. Michel's bulk wasn't just for show, and Wabash fell backward into his control console as Antoine latched onto the lieutenant's back. "Miche, calm down!" He shouted, and Monty joined him in pulling Michel back.

"We had a deal, shipments every couple weeks!" Michel retorted, thrashing against his subordinates' grips as Wabash struggled to his feet. The old sailor had a wild look in his eye, like a cornered animal, and he spit blood at Michel as he shouted, "And how long have I honored it?!"

"Not long enough," Michel growled, and Antoine pushed himself between the inflamed men. Always one to be trusted to keep a cool head, the olive-skinned man tried to diffuse the situation. "Miche, Wabash knows what's good for him," he said, his gaze flipping between his comrade and the sailor, "So he wouldn't try to end our arrangement without good reason. Let's hear what he has to say."

"I ain't got nothing to say now!" Wabash shouted, his weathered face shaking from anger. Or was it something else? His eyes were still wild, frantic, and Monty recognized something swirling behind the rage: fear. He thought back to the night he got Oracle on the ship, and suddenly the look in Wabash's eyes and the absence of shiphands clicked.

"He's not ending the contract because he wants to," Monty declared, piercing Wabash with a steely gaze. The sailor's brow furrowed, and Monty continued, "He's ending it because Interpol's on his ass."

The statement hung in the air like fog. Antoine paled again, Michel looked confused, and the three beaux voyous looked to Wabash, who's rage seemed to dissipate as it was replaced by an uncomfortable shame. "Aye, the lad's right," the sailor finally admitted, prompting a series of curses from Michel and shock from Antoine.

"Since the delivery on the 8th, right?" Monty asked, but Wabash shook his head.

"I don't think so, laddie, but they'll be sniffing after me soon enough," the sailor sighed. "My hirelings that Interpol picked up must have squealed for a lighter sentence, so at least I've been on their radar. That shipment came from Sinnoh, but this one came from Unova. I had to stop off at a port in Sinnoh for fuel, a risk I thought would be fine to take, but I saw one of the grunts hanging around the fueling station." Wabash scowled and shook his head as he continued, "Only he saw me too, and he ran off in a real hurry. I didn't leave with a tail, by sky or by sea, but the job's getting too hot for me now. I need to lie low for a few months."

The three beaux voyous were stunned by the revelation. Michel seemed deep in thought, stroking his beard as he mulled over Wabash's words, and Antoine seemed like he was trying to figure out if he heard the sailor correctly. "So it can't be helped then," Michel said finally, and apologized for punching Wabash. The captain made a dismissive gesture and said it came with the territory, and he grabbed a clipboard off the control panel and handed it to Michel.

"This here's the manifest," Wabash explained begrudgingly. "Two crates of counterfeit Pokedexes, preloaded with most Pokemon in the NationalDex, a crate of assorted PC-compatible Poke Balls, and a crate of X-Stat boosters. Should give you the upper hand while you're training up those 'mon from the last shipment."

"Thank you, Wabash," Michel said, reaching out to shake the sailor's hand for what could have been the final time. "We had a good run."

"Aye, we did," The codger agreed, returning the gesture. "But in our work, it catches up sometime."

"Sooner or later," Michel chuckled before instructing Monty and Antoine to get the crates loaded up into the truck. With Wabash catching heat from Interpol, the sooner they parted ways the better.

Last edited:

Esther
Johto Region​

“Then I would’ve died for a worthy cause.”

Antics aside, Esther’s ears perked up as Aldon made his introduction. Truthfully, this was her first time hearing his name. The man had slipped into their group at some point yesterday and she’d just gone with it. She found it rather amusing when he spoke up to accept Naka into their group, but Esther had no qualms and would’ve said much the same.

“Welcome to the fold! You already know me, but I’m Esther, and, hate to cut the fun short, but we’ve got to get going. I booked us a deep-sea exploration trip yesterday, but it’s over on Yellow Rock Isle. Pack your things and we’ll meet at the Cable car station in an hour. I’ll let Reina and the rest know.”

Esther clapped crisply, as if to signify that the group was dismissed, and then turned around. “Wonder how much trouble Basseau got into...”

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

PokéFlute

Ezio Farello - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh

Erebus threw up her arms to defend herself as the metallic tail slammed into her, forcing her away from Etna as she growled and the fire on her neck roared with intensity. The increased heat caused the air around her to shimmer, making it harder to see the Typhlosion as Ezio smirked.

"Have you ever fought a Typhlosion? Whenever she gets ready to fight, the temperature around her increases to a point where the shimmering haze can conceal her frame. Always try and see new angles by using your Pokémon's natural abilities, that goes for battles and contests. Erebus, Focus Blast!" Ezio exclaimed, making Erebus fire off an orange ball of energy at Etna. If it hit, it would do a lot of damage, but Focus Blast was not the most reliable move in her arsenal.

----------------

Nicole Newman - 10th of June - Route 3, Galar

Nicole's face lit up as Lara mentioned bird Pokémon, her eyes glimmering with excitement. "Really? That would be great!" She said, clapping in her hands as she smiled at the woman. "Bird Pokémon often times rest in trees and bushes, near bodies of water or food options. They also can be very territorial, so an attack would be possible. Electric, Ice and Rock moves should be useful in case it comes to a battle. Electric, Rock and Steel types will also be a good defensive option, like Cassidy." She said, quickly listing all the things they should pay attention to. Nicole clearly was knowledgable about Flying types by the looks of it.

July 19, Monday - Blue Point Isle, Johto. Reina, current rank, 35,219.

"Oh this looks nice!" Reina looked over a stand with several items off all kinds.

Her attention was caught by a blue gem in the shape of a water drop. It was next to a perfectly round seed, giving off that such shape must be a miracle of nature and a piece of charcoal that gave off some heat, despite not being nowhere near fire.

"You have a good eye there ma'am. That's Mystic Water, sadly, it's just on display. The only one to get one during these days is getting a good place at the Whirl Cup. People are rushing to power up their water Pokemon."

"Oh that's too bad, would've looked good on Storm." Reina then felt a nice soothing feeling as beautiful smells covered the area.

It seemed she wasn't the only one, several of the people in the area turned in the direction of the odors. At the end of the market was a woman wearing a long green dress, she had just opened up a stall also that had several small pots with white smoke coming out of one of them. Reina, like a few other around her, moved directly towards the stall.

"Good morning! I have these Incense available today. You're welcome to pick one up and smell it to get an idea of what it will smell like when you turn it on." The owner of the small stall spoke as she held up the one that was already turned on. "This is the Sea Incense, not to be confused with the Wave Incense. You can smell the ocean through it and water Pokemon love it! Specially those that prefer salty waters."

Reina looked through the different pots, some of them had odd names like Odd and Pure, but yet they all seemed to attract her. Finally, her green eyes rested on one, Rose Incense. The smell of roses, it was amazing. They had been spending a lot of time in the ocean and they still had a long way to go. Maybe a nice smell of a flower garden every now and then could help them out. She picked up the small pot and looked at the seller, "How much?"

After handing over 3,000 for the incense, Reina made her way back to the earlier stall. She was disappointed she couldn't buy a Mystic Water, but she also found a bag of sand, the smoothest sand she had ever felt and a Black Belt she knew Blue Demon would love. Diva was furious she didn't get anything new, but Peque was in love with his new collar holding the bag of sand, it made him feel more... grounded.

"Alright, keep your eyes out for Gene, she must be around here somewhere." Reina said as they made her way out of the market area.

Ron, forgot his header..., Sinnoh

"Whoops, kinda just sent that Helping Hand randomly huh?" Ron looked down at the embarrassed Espeon who had sent the support move a bit too high and into the sky, "It's fine Cobalt doesn't need it."

Luz looked up at the tree behind Ron, a bit confused by his statement. "Sorry," Ron began, "See that Flareon is pretty good, but Cobalt is actually kicking butt, I would suggest they end it there, could end with a hurt pride." He continued to look at Luz, who, thanks to Ron's voice, was now looking back at him, "Oh a Flareon, I guess you could say he's a fire version of you. You both were an Eevee at some point. He's like a muggy red and yellowish mane and tail, not too impressive to be honest." Ron stopped to see what she was doing next and the Espeon seemed to shift her attention towards the battle, "Just try to feel the one giving off the most body heat."

With his instructions and Calm Mind, Luz was able to focus on Fluff. Her trainer was correct, they were really similar. Now she needed to identify his smell. She lifted her nose into the air and began sniffing. The first and most familiar one was Ron's, it always made her feel at home and there was always a slight hint of crisp thanks to his training with their teammate, Furia. Then, there was Gwen who smelled like pine mixed with wet dirt, like when it's about to rain. After was Cobalt, with a salty humid feel, easy to remember. Next was Naka, who smelled like she had been rubbing against bushes for a while, which was nice, it was like smelling nature. Finally, the new smell, like burnt pancakes.

"Probably smells like but huh?" Ron whispered to his Espeon, a bit worried she was trying too hard to identify him.