• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Blue Point Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto (July 19)

Seemed others began to give their own intros after Desmond had taken initiative, not a sentence Desmond had been used to saying about himself but that had been beside the point. Aldon had given a well, Aldon-like intro as he and his partner Pokemon seemed like peas in a pod as Desmond raised an eyebrow at the delayed reaction of Skol.

"Seems your partner has a lot on the mind." Desmond mused to Aldon.

Then Eveline seemed to present her own introduction, which included the tidbit that someone had blown up her bike? Desmond probably tried to imagine such a scenario in his head as he had taken a sip of his coffee. This intro of Eveline's also came after she had run off to go get "freshened up" as it seemed she had a rough night or least failed to get presented as nicely as she would've liked.

"Do I dare ask how one's bike blows up?" Desmond mused to Eveline as he then had taken a bite of his bagel. Esther seemed to speak up and made mention of how her demise would've been for a good cause which the Pokemon Photographer seemed to roll his eyes at.

"Sure, whatever you tell yourself I guess..." Desmond said with a clearly unconvinced tone, before Esther worked to give her own intro to this ever expanded group of sorts.

~Aldon Larch...~

~Whirl Island Inn...~

Aldon looked over at Eveline introducing herself. That sounded neat. Aldon wondered if she ever been to the cycle road in Kanto.

"Cable c- deep sea diving? That happened real quickly. Maybe find a relicanth... or a sunken ship!" Aldon said contemplating whatever might lie below the watery depths below around this part of Johto. He thought about what ancient civilizations might have traveled in the area. He had his assumptions on what the group might have cone across, but kept his thoughts to himself so not to quite bore the others through trivial possibilities. There was also no guarantee they'd find anything unexplored so Aldon didn't hey his Hope's up.

He did however grin at his slowpoke, "You like swimming! I know you near me... boop!" Aldon said poking Skol's nose.

"... poke!" Skol cheered gleefully tapping his paws on the ground as if he were about to burst into dance.

Aldon looked over at Desmond, then back to Skol, then back to Desmond again.

"Yeah. Probably having some sort of deep monologue about the meaning of life or something, haha! My lil philosophical friend. I'm not sure what he's thinking about, but I think it's something good" Aldon said.

"Yeah, how do you blow up a bike?" Aldon wandered.

"First I better get my stuff!" Aldon said running over to his room. He came back, not even a minute later. Aldon was always prepared to move on a dime and had his backpack on and ready to go. He sat down by Skol, who didn't even realize Aldon left. He grabbed his glass and took a sip.

July 19, Tuesday - Blue Point Isle, Johto, Eveline

"Well, your nonchalantness, a bike blows up when an idiot professor who knows nothing about automobiles tries to enhance your motorcycle by putting something that generates a lot of heat right next to the fuel tank. I'm sure you're able to connect the dots."

Eveline got up... great, now she was pissed off again. She could've gone with Esther and the rest, but she wasn't exactly in the mood at the moment to go underwater, especially since she couldn't exactly do much at the moment. She needed to get some cash, which luckily, there were a lot of trainers around for her to take out. She was basically broke here, and needed to change that.

"Hey, uh... any clue where I could easily find some other trainers? I kind of need uh... y'know... I'm broke as hell. I... forgot my wallet back home. Yeeeaaah."

July 19, Tuesday - Blue Point Isle, Johto, Genevieve

Genevieve would release herself from the small show of affection towards the Octillery, then wave goodbye as she would try to walk away. Emphasis on the try, for once again, the Octillery refused to let go of Genevieve, this time because they had found a new friend and didn't want to let go. Gene and Sam both sighed as thy walked back to the Octillery and continued petting them, which they were clearly pleased with.

"...You're needy."

"Well, thank you for the context. And the oh so flattering recollection of that story." Desmond replied with a roll of the eyes as Eveline seemed to carry a tone of resentment towards him when it had come towards the story of her bike. Wasn't as if he had been the one to blow it up, so attacking the guy who just asked a question seemed a little uncalled for.

His gaze shifted to Aldon who seemed to suggest that Skol was probably thinking something deep and profound behind that blank faced expression of his. Something to which he only offered a bit of dry deadpan towards.

"A true thinker this one is."

On that cue of a swimming activity, Politoed seemed to release itself from its Pokeball and scanned the group at the table. "Poli~!" Politoed clapped happily as it smiled at everyone and Desmond guessed it desired to go swimming, which thankfully for it Desmond already intended to tag along to get some underwater pictures.

"Relax, we are not diving yet. Still got change and get the underwater camera read. We've got an hour." Desmond mused to Politoed who seemed to bounce happily all the same as it had done a little dance next to its trainer.

"Politoed Politoed Politoed~!"

Montagne Khastil - Unranked - June 17th - Route 13, Kalos

Gloominess permeated the truck as it barreled through the Lumiose Badlands, the sound of dust being kicked up the only break in the silence that enveloped its occupants. The lieutenants took the front seats, Michel driving and Antoine in the passenger seat with his arms crossed, and both bore a mile-long stare as they ran through the possible repurcussions of Wabash's plight.

Monty grasped Oracle's dormant Luxury Ball in his hands, running it between his fingers absentmindedly as he looked out into the vast desert. Wabash's news came as a shock, for sure, but his shipments running dry were the least of the young criminal's worries. Interpol sniffing after the old sailor...fuck! What if he was caught? Would Wabash hold tight, or would he sing like a Chatot? The codger was getting on in years, and if it was between spending the rest of his life in a cell or snitching on the Guard, which would he choose?

And what choice would he make? Monty had only been imprisoned twice, once for one month and once for four, and every day of it was spent in a whirlwind of suffocating claustrophobia, seething hatred, and stifling loneliness. Could he handle it again? Would he choose to go back if it meant keeping his comrades free?

The younger criminal knew what choice his comrades would make. After the Second Back Alley War, when the police raided nearly every Old Guard safehouse and arrested most of their members, Michel got the maximum sentence of eight years as the highest ranked arrestee. Monty remembered how much the remaining members who hid out at the brothel lamented his loss, but the one thing they never considered was the notion that Michel would talk. The old man was a rock in the organization, the very definition of lieutenant, and on release he returned unphased to his leadership position.

Then again, that was a Kalos police operation, with Kalosian judges and a Kalosian prison. The agency after Wabash was a different beast entirely.

Just the thought of having Interpol after them was enough to catch the breath in Monty's throat. The agency was legendary; surprisingly efficient, effective, and strong enough to take on the heaviest hitters in any given region. Most criminals in Kalos' post-Team Flare era had heard the stories of a single agent partnering with a champion-level trainer to dismantle the remnants. Would the Old Guard be able to stand against monsters like that? Or would they be decimated like in the Second Back Alley War all over again?

He couldn't go back to prison. There was no way, it couldn't happen again. Scenarios and possibilities raced through Monty's psych as he tightly gripped Oracle's ball, all of them ending with being caught by Interpol, and a wispy black started closing in his vision.

"Monty!"

The criminal inhaled sharply as he was torn from his stupor, and he looked up to see Michel staring at him in the rearview mirror with a questioning look. Monty's grip on Oracle's ball softened, the black cleared, and he realized he'd been holding his breath while he'd been panicking.

"There he is," Michel sighed, taking his eyes off him and back on the dusty road. "Don't worry about Wabash," he sternly advised, "Or Interpol. It's a hell of a wrench in the machine, but Cormier'll figure it out. We're not getting caught again."

Antoine turned around to chime in, "Yeah, kid, scared's a bad look on you." He gave a cheeky grin and turned back around, but Monty wasn't entirely convinced by either of them. Michel's own knuckles were white as he gripped the steering wheel, and Antoine's lips curled inward when he dropped his grin. They were nervous, too, but they were lieutenants. The three of them may be friends, maybe even closer to brothers, but the older two had an extra responsibility that Monty didn't; a duty to lead by example.

Antoine was right, too. Fear was a bad look on Monty, and it was a bad feeling to hold. So he looked down at the Luxury Ball in his hand, and thought of his partner inside as the key to keeping himself out of the law's clutches. As long as they could get strong enough, it wouldn't matter who stood against them; cops, Interpol, or the Arceus-damned Tyrant Queen resurrected. As long as he had Oracle at his side, he'd be free.

The criminal gazed back out into the badlands, and resolved to cast his fear into the swirling dust.

Last edited:

Esther
Tuesday, July 19 – Whirlpool Inn, Blue Lagoon Town
Blue Point Isle, Whirl Archipelago​
Johto Region​

Esther arrived at the Cable Car Terminal 15 minutes early. She had found herself mostly alone after breakfast as friends new and old scattered to gather their belongings or squeeze in a last-minute activity or two. The solitude was welcoming; it offered time to think, time to plan, time to relax and reconnect with her pokémon—who ensured she was never truly alone.

The Terminal was small; Esther counted half-a-dozen seats on her side of the room and another half dozen on the opposite. Between the two areas of seating was the platform proper, a set of ‘tracks’ depressed several inches into the ground.

The 10:45 car from Inland city rolled in as Esther took a seat, and she watched with mild curiosity as the car locked into the tracks and people began to file out. The 11 am car to Bluefinland, their destination, was expected to be the next and from there they could ride to Yellow Rock Isle.

Once Esther settled, Pyrrha hopped from her shoulder and into her lap. Pyrrha was the only pokémon Esther had left outside her pokéball and now the drake kneaded against the fabric of her dress in a very cat-esque fashion. She turned once...twice, then curled up. Large doe eyes started up at Esther while Pyrrha softly rattled her scales. It was almost like a purr...if lizards could purr and that purr sounded like a hundred needles clattering together.

“You want a song? Hmm, let me think...” Ever since their time on the farm, Esther had made singing to Pyrrha a habit. Sweet songs soothed the beast within and kept incidents to a minimum. They hadn’t found a perfect solution to their problem, but they were working on it.

“Got it!"

“A young man walked through the forest,
With his quiver and hunting bow~♪
He heard a young girl singing,
And followed the sound below~♪ ..."

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

PokéFlute

Initial: $6330

Everstone x 1 – $15,000.00

Montagne Khastil - Unranked - June 17th - Lumiose City, Kalos

The setting sun lent a warm radiance to Lumiose's stone roads and buildings, and as the truck pulled onto Estival Avenue Monty felt strangely thankful that they'd managed to get back home unimpeded. The warehouse's garage door opened with a press of the remote lock attached to Michel's visor, and in a matter of minutes the men had the crates off the truck and opened up.

Antoine whistled as he cracked the lid off one of the crates, discarding the stacks of neatly packaged t-shirts concealing the crate's false bottom to reveal their freshly-assembled PokeDexes. "You'd never know these things were counterfeit," the gangly lieutenant commented as he examined one of the red and black tablets. "Let's see how they work." He released his Pikachu, who cried out cheerfully and looked up its trainer with a smile on its furry yellow face. "Stay still, buddy," Antoine said as he pointed the screen at it, and the PokeDex's screen expanded as it scanned the Pikachu.

Monty watched over Antoine's shoulder as the Dex pulled up a slew of information on the Pikachu, and while both men marveled at the tool the electric-mouse seemed a little confused. "These things are gonna come in handy," Monty thought aloud as he grabbed one for himself, peeling off the protective film and releasing Oracle to test it out.

After a minute of playing with their new toys, much to the Pikachu's confusion and Oracle's annoyance, Michel barked at them to finish checking the rest of the crates. "You can play with your computers later," The first lieutenant said as he tossed Monty a crowbar, "But Cormier's on his way to check the haul and...discuss the Wabash situation."

"I'm sure the Boss wouldn't mind us testing the shipment, y'know, making sure everything's in order," Antoine responded, nevertheless picking his own crowbar back up.

Monty cracked into the crate of Poke Balls next, revealing a mix-matched assortment of varying colored spheres. He picked one up, a dark green and black, and found a label on it; "Dusk Ball". He dug through the rest of them, finding a wide variety with not many repeats in the 50 Ball total, and reported the count to Michel.

"Everything's in order with them, then," the old man muttered. "We've got first pick since we did the job, five each. Not sure how many more Pokemon I'm planning on catching, though." His Vulpix was released from her Poke Ball, and she was delighted to find that her game of tag with Pikachu had moved to a bigger space. Michel tracked their chase for a moment and sighed, "Just Tama's already a handful."

"I've been thinking about that, too," Monty said as he selected his Balls. The battle with Tama had confirmed something to him which he'd only had a couple chances to observe in their week of wild Pokemon battling. "Oracle's great in close quarters-" He caught the Absol's gaze from her spot on one of the couches across the way, and she looked satisfied to hear the compliment. "-But she can get caught in a bind if her opponent keeps its distance with special moves." Oracle's satisfaction flipped to annoyance, and while she was too far to affect him Monty had a feeling she was trying to exert her Pressure.

"So you want something to compensate for her lack of range?" Michel asked as he did his own rummaging through the crate of Balls.

"Exactly," Monty confirmed, picking up and examining a Premier Ball before dropping it back into the pile. "Either something that can tank hits or that can attack from a distance itself." He'd tried to keep an eye out while they trained on the Laverre Nature Trail, but most of the Pokemon there seemed to specialize in physical attacks.

"For an attacker I want something that can keep up with Oracle's speed, too," the younger criminal elaborated as he continued his Ball search. "She was faster than everything we encountered on the Nature Trail, but I'm not sure if that means she's fast or that they were just slow."

"You looked into anything specific?" Michel asked, selecting a dormant Great Ball and pocketing it. "Tama's been good at range, but I get the feeling Oracle there wouldn't be a fan of another Vulpix."

That was another problem; Oracle. The Absol hardly listened as it was, and he had the feeling she only mostly tolerated being his partner. He didn't want another strong-willed Pokemon to deal with, but something that would slot into the team smoothly and above all follow orders. "A Fire-Type would be good," Monty said finally, picking a Great Ball of his own and pocketing it. "I think I'll challenge the Gym in Santalune, since I've heard that's where most novice trainers go for their first badge."

"And Fire's good for that gym?" Michel asked as he pocketed another Ball, a yellow and gray Ultra Ball. "Yeah, Santalune's a Bug-Type gym," the younger man replied, "And since Bug's super-effective against Oracle, I'll need something to balance out the weakness."

"Fire it is, then," the lieutenant followed up as he chose his last few balls while Monty finalized his own choices for a total of two Great Balls (which sounded great), the only other Ultra Ball in the crate (which sounded better than great), a Dusk Ball, and a Quick Ball.

Antoine finished checking the crate of X-items at the same time, and each man took one of each type. Monty didn't know the specifics of how they worked, but Michel assured him they'd come in handy during Oracle's training. "Works for me," the younger criminal declared, distributing his share throughout his pockets and turning to his partner.

The Absol was still laying on one of the warehouse couches, watching the scene with the crates unfold, and their eyes met as he walked over. Her resting place was an upgrade from the hard wooden boxes in the other building, and the annoying rats were keeping their frivolous games well away from her, but now useless Monty was coming to disturb her rest?

She watched with animosity as useless Monty opened some sort of metal box against the wall and produced a small cylinder from inside. Oracle folded her ears down at the loud CRACK! and HISS! that came from the cylinder, and to her surprise her trainer put his lips to it. Did useless Monty lose his mind?

She got her answer when he started drinking from the cylinder! So he really had lost his mind, daring to quench his thirst when she hadn't even been fed since this morning! That was the final straw. First he'd subjected her to the torment of listening to the two rats' yip-yapping all day, then he just went aboard that foul man's strange floating building, and now he was outright disrespecting her?!

Monty let out a satisfied "Ahh," as he savored a drink after a job well done, but in a flash of black light he found himself without a drink at all. Well, without a drink wasn't too accurate, since he technically still had it. Now it was just all over him, and all over the floor, and all over Oracle. "What the..." He muttered, and when he saw the crumpled can speared on her horn he finished, "...HELL?!"

Jean-Leu Cormier - Lumiose City, Kalos

The Lumiose streets had a certain infectious charm to them, like their culture and history oozed from between the cobblestones as you walked down them, and just feeling the street beneath his shoes made Jean-Leu feel a connection with his city that he just couldn't get cooped up in his penthouse.

The warm June evening lent itself well to the night life, and tourists and locals alike covered Estival Avenue like water after a storm. Lines spilled out of restaurants and from street vendors, Gogoat taxis walked side-by-side with cars, and all was lit by hanging lanterns, lights, and the dazzling gleam of Prism Tower working hand in hand. It was a picturesque scene, and the raw atmosphere it created was exactly what Jean-Leu loved.

He took his time getting to the warehouse, preferring not to let the ambiance escape him, and when he reached his destination he paused outside the door to light a cigarette. A FLICK! of his lighter later and Jean-Leu felt the familiar feeling of a nicotine rush, a sensation he found dulled with time but was elevated with his good mood. The lieutenants had better have some news that would keep his mood that way.

As Jean-Leu fished the warehouse key from his pocket, he heard shouting from inside. What the hell could those idiots be doing? He slotted the key and the shouting ceased, and Cormier opened the door to see Monty and his Absol covered in...something.

"Fun night Montagne?" Cormier asked, sizing up his underling as he shut and locked the door behind him. The bastard looked surprised, like a kid getting caught with his hands in the macaron box, but the Absol had a different look to it. The rate had a venomous glare in its red eyes, and it was staring right at Cormier. It pissed him off.

The yip-yapping of another pair of Pokemon pissed him off too, and he noticed with disdain that Michel and Antoine's partners were using the warehouse as their own personal playground. "How about we recall our Pokemon?" The Boss suggested loudly. It wasn't a suggestion, and in three red flashes the warehouse was back to its proper state; free of foolishness.

"Evenin' Boss, sorry about the Pokemon," Michel called from across the warehouse, and Cormier's lanky legs carried him to his lieutenants across as he replied, "We're in Lumiose, Michel, it's a good evening. Let's see the spoils of my purchase."

His first lieutenant seemed stiff, borderline nervous as he walked him through the contents of the crates. Everything seemed to be in order, from the Kalosian PokeDexes, to the Poke Balls, to the stat boosters, but something about Michel's movements and the way Antoine kept away from the conversation rubbed Cormier the wrong way.

"Something wrong, Michel?" He asked his second-in-command, and the man took a little longer than usual to find his reply. "Well...there was a hiccup with Wabash." What had been a good mood when Cormier arrived turned to an alright mood when he saw the bastard and his rate covered in what looked like beer, but by the time Michel finished telling him about Wabash's run in with Interpol and the hiatus on contraband shipments it was an outright shit mood.

"I see..." Cormier said, taking a deep puff from his cigarette and exhaling slowly. "And he wasn't caught? Just spooked?"

"Right, boss."

The probelm troubled Cormier, and he leaned on one of the crates as he pondered it. Wabash wasn't the paranoid type, and he hadn't had any big scares before. Sure, there were a couple times he delayed a shipment because of some regional coast guard or another, but they'd all had a run in or two with regional law enforcement. Interpol, though...Wabash had been in the family's employ since his grandfather's time, and in all that time they'd all managed to stay off their radar.

Cormier's flicked the ash from his cigarette and announced, "We'll need to be a little more careful from now on, then. I don't think Wabash will talk if they pick him up, but they'll at least figure out that he stopped off in Kalos."

Montagne finally decided to join the discussion, slinking up between Antoine and Michel, and Cormier was glad for the change of topic as he asked, "How's the training progressing?"

"Good," the bastard reported, "Oracle's been pretty cleanly sweeping through our training on the Routes, but I want to get more trainer battles in before we get our Badge."

So he was about on track, then. Given Montagne's slow start, Cormier had been a little worried that he'd misplaced his faith. "It'll do you good to get out of Lumiose for a bit, then," the Boss decided, taking another long drag from his cigarette as an incredulous expression blossomed on his underling's face.

"But si-"
"But sir," Cormier interrupted Montagne mockingly, "Of course you're right, the change in environment would help my Pokemon get used to battling in different environments, AND it's a good idea for me to keep away from the MOST LIKELY LOCATION for the Interpol agents to follow up on if they catch Wabash and get him to talk!"

For his literal lifetime of experience, the bastard wasn't great at seeing the big picture. Michel and Antoine would have to lay low for a while, but they'd be fine staying in Lumiose. Montagne was a bigger risk, though, and Cormier wasn't entirely comfortable letting his key hide in plain sight with the the threat of Interpol Watchogs hitting the streets.

Montagne started to protest again, but Cormier ignored him and instructed, "Get out into the country for a couple of weeks, maybe in the west past Shalour."

The bastard was practically fuming, but he knew better than to outright refuse a direct order. "Fine," Monty huffed, and Cormier stared at him for a moment before exclaiming, "Magnifique! You're dismissed." The Boss waved Montagne away, and he and his lieutenants watched the bastard practically storm out and lock the door behind him.

"Being a little hard on the kid, eh?" Michel asked, lighting a cigarette of his own. "He beat me in a battle today, you know?"

"It's true," Antoine added with a signature grin, "The old man got his ass handed to him."

Cormier shook his head and took the final puff of his cigarette, discarding it and accepting a second one from a pack Michel offered. "Then he's living up to my expectations," the Boss stated bluntly. "Our revenge will come, mes amis, but not before Khastil gets stronger."

"I thought you hated using that name, Boss," Antoine commented, and Cormier closed his eyes and blew his smoke through his nose. He did hate the name "Khastil". It was what fed the fire behind Montagne's eyes when he was given an order he didn't like, and one day it might be enough to make him refuse such an order. Cormier told his lieutenants the same, but Michel seemed to disagree.

A twinkle graced the first lieutenant's eyes as he asked, "Sure he doesn't get that from the name he should have, Boss?" Cormier scowled at the question, but thought about it for a moment.

"Maybe he does Michel. And maybe that's worse."

~Aldon chilling at the inn...~

Aldon was a bit surprised that Eveline was about to leave so sudden. Was it something they said? Aldon thought about saying something but kept it to himself.

"Well... Stay safe then" He commented.

"Slo... Poke!" Skol raised his front paw the air with a rather joyful look of determination after being called a true thinker.

"That he is. Though it looks like your lil partner in crime seems pretty excited about diving too" Aldon said.

"Underwater camera huh...? Hope you get some good shots then" Aldon said.

~Aldon at the cable car...~

Aldon wasn't about to show up early, no no no. He probably would have, but he got distracted, as one does. As Aldon arrived at the cable car, he had been chatting with two random fisherman. All three of them laughing rather hysterically, eyes watering and everything. One of the fishermen caught it, "And one magikarp did all of that??" The fisherman asked.

"Its true! I still got the sharpedo tooth as proof" Aldon said holding a large shark tooth.

"I'm still surprised that boar wasn't completely destroyed. How did you even get outta there?" The other fisherman asked.

"I'm not sure... but the way Skol was doggy paddling across the water was something else" Aldon said. The three continued discussing Aldon's story and how Skol got the sharpedo tooth stuck in its tail. The three kept laughing as Skol waved its tail around confused looking for something that was no longer there.

"That's a nice tall tale, but we really need to get back to the docks!" The first fisherman said. Aldon waved and made his way to the cable car.

"Do do do dododo do do dododo dodo do do" Aldon hummed, keeping a slightly off beat tempo as he showed up.

"Mornin! Looks like your up, I guess. I wonder who all is coming" Aldon said glancing over at the girl with the lizard pokémon.

He then glanced over at the cable car, then pulled out his journal and pen, before letting his hand fly across the page. Jotting down thoughts, things he done, ideas, mostly random thoughts and a few plans for what to do next. He put his pen and journal away, nearly as fast as he taken it out.

"Boop" Aldon said poking Skol's nose, whom seemed more preoccupied with staring at a random speck of dirt on the side of the cable car. Skol used his psychic abilities to yank the tiny piece of dirt of the car before dropping it.

"Nice weather at least" Aldon said.

Genevieve continued to try and free herself from the Octillery's firm handshake as she pet them, but to no avail. Sam also tried to remove the Octillery by tugging on the back of their head, but sadly could not get them loose. Gene thought that they had changed, but apparently they still had that bad habit of LITERALLY getting too attached to whoever they bonded ever so slightly with.

"Why don't you... let go... already...! I have to go... back to... the beach...! If you don't... I'm gonna... yell...!"

Oh no, Genevieve yelling, nobody knew what that sounded like, not even Sam knew what that would sound like. She must have grown bolder in the short amount of time that she has been around her new influences. Regardless, this didn't seem to concern the Octillery, what could a little girl say to get them to let go... well a lot of things, but she didn't need to say anything, as very quickly the man watching over the touch pool whapped the Octillery with a paper fan, where they finally let go. Another tear ran down the Pokémon's face.

"Dumb fish! Stop grabbin' onto people! I have half a mind to make a meal out of you! Knew I should've used one of my own instead of some wild know-nothing... run off, kid, I'll make sure this one gets a reprimanding."

Genevieve immediately hated this man. Hitting others was not okay, especially hitting Pokémon. And to top it all off, it wasn't even his, he just took it from the ocean and took them away from their family! He was going to eat them too! This would not slide with her, especially since...

"...Cephalopod. Octillery is a cephalopod, not a fish, uncultured jerk. You treat them mean, and took them away from their home against their will. If you don't start being nice, Reina's gonna hurt you much more than you hurt Octillery. But since I know... that you won't be nice... I'm gonna take them home, pendejo!"

That last word was surprisingly loud for Genevieve, enough for all of the adults around the touch pool to either gasp, cover their mouths, or have their eyes widen at the fact that she knew that word. It was more concerning to them that now their kids were asking what it meant. The circle of learning. Genevieve then made a very brave move, grabbing Octillery from the touch pool and putting them on her back like a backpack, then running away. Now the man was angry, very much hot-headed as he tried to run after her and grab the girl.

Sam couldn't believe everything that just went down. One, that was the most he had ever hear her say in one sentence. Two, the girl just TOOK the Octillery from the touch pool! Was this even the same girl that he knew?! Quickly hovering after her, he would attempt to block the man chasing after her, but would get shoved aside, spinning from the force he was pushed away with. Eventually, Genevieve would see Reina in the distance at a stall, who she ran to even faster. She almost got to her, but not before her arm was grabbed by the man. He would begin tugging her back, completely disregarding her situation as her scarf began slipping off her face. With all her might, she let out her first scream, hurting her throat a bit in the process.

"REINA! HELP! BAD MAN!"

July 19, Monday - Blue Point Isle, Johto. Reina, current rank, 35,219.

Reina's ear twitched as she heard her name and what sounded like a louder version of Gene. She turned around just in time to see the man trying to pull her away. She didn't have to say anything though, her alarmed state and anger transferred to her starter instantly, making the Swampert spring into action.

Peque slammed his arms against the ground and let out a loud roar, letting anyone around them know he was about to burst into action, which he did. He leaped forward, his right fist turning into an Ice Punch. The heavy water type landed in between the man and Gene, using his icy cold fist to separate him from her. He then stepped in front of the girl, roaring at the man while standing as tall as he could, giving a clear warning to step away.

"Gene!" Reina called out rushing to her and then also stepping in front of her, "Are you out of your mind?!" She snapped at the stranger that was holding Gene's arm earlier, "How dare you lay a hand on her? You better give me a good reason before I let my Swampert trample all over you, pendejo!"

The man fell backwards when Peque came in between him and Genevieve with an Ice Punch, nearly losing his arm in the process since he almost didn't let go of her in time. He grumbled as he got back up and looked at Reina... wasn't this chick a little young to be looking after a kid? And dressing like that? He didn't care, standing over Reina and yelling at her.

"That little brat of yours just took my Octillery from the touch pool! I helped her by getting the damn thing off her, then she did the only thing little craps like her do, which is whine and name call! Speaking of which, both you and her need some soap to wash your mouths out, she shouldn't be saying that stuff! Now give me back the fish!"

Genevieve had hid behind Reina, the Octillery on her back looking at the horrible man, their eyes focusing on him as their head poked out from Gene's side. Her scarf was drooping down her face, but she wasn't paying attention to that at the moment, she was focusing on staying away from that mean man!

"Liar! You hit them! And they aren't yours, you said you got them from the wild! You took them from their family! You said you were going to eat them! And I told you, Octillery isn't a fish, they're a cephalopod, pendejo!"

Eveline would eventually get to the cable car station after taking out a few trainers that she found along the beach... on the bright side, they were pretty weak, on the downside, they barely had anything on them. She got maybe... $850 in total, which was almost nothing. Hopefully, she would find more people on the other parts of the island. When the 10:45 car came to the station, Eveline took a minute to check her belongings, then entered the car and plopped down across from Esther, listening to the song she was singing.

"Surprised someone so young knows a song so old... nice pipes by the way. You could probably be an idol one day if you tried."

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 19 (26yo)
Location: Whirlpool Inn, Blue Lagoon Town, Blue Point Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto -> Cable Car Terminal to Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Brute Tooth the Barraskewda

Interactions: Esther (kyuukestu), Eveline (GQuasch), Aldon (ThAtGuY101)
Mentions: Desmond (godjacob)

Pfff, death by food cringe. Naka watched these friends play around and talk. She didn't really have much to say or do, not that she needed to. So, there was Desmond Andrews, who was into photography after overhearing his conversation with Aldon Larch, who introduced himself and his Slowpoke next and he was an archeologist extraordinaire. Interesting. What an odd batch of people. He even tried to be supportive, but having another pair of eyes on her had her shivering.

She should honestly get drunk before going into that tournament.

Then, Eveline Velsh after she got back from putting in her contacts. Biker on hiatus? That's... An odd occupation or hobby. Apparently her bike had blown up. Weird.

It was then that Esther said they needed to get to Yellow Rock Isle for some deep-sea exploration and Naka's eyes lit up at the idea. Even Desmond's Politoed had escaped his PokeBall for the thrill of a swimming adventure.

Seeming as they were all heading to the cable car in a bit, Naka got up and left after saying goodbye.

~~~~~

Naka had exchanged some of her Pokemon for better Water-Types, and ones that could be used during the Whirl Cup Tournament. She replaced her Flareon for her Swampert, her Dugtrio for her Wishiwashi, and Hatterene for her Ludicolo, keeping her Barraskewda, Aerodactyl, and Pichu with her. She then also ordered a shipment from her home to arrive in Ogi City of Yellow Rock Isle so she was better suited for deep-sea exploration and to get an item that would keep her belongings safe. Considering she had a laptop in her backpack, she desperately needed something that was more waterproof than her backpack.

Once that was done, she left to get to the terminal, finding that she wasn't the only one in here that she knew of. Esther was singing to her Jangmo-o, Aldon sat with his Slowpoke, and Eveline was speaking to Esther about her singing. Naka waltzed right in and sat a seat away from Esther, smiling at the little Dragon-Type on Esther's lap. "Yeah, it's quite soothing." As soon as she said that, a light exploded from her hip and out came the green pineapple-lilypad dancer himself, Ludwig the Ludicolo. The Water/Grass-Type looked around, as if wondering where the music went, before pivoting on his to to see Esther. He looked at her intently, as if expecting her to sing again.

Naka hid her mouth behind her hand and giggled. "Ludwiiiig..." Her Pichu popped from inside of her backpack and giggled in a fit of squeaks at Ludwig's demeanor, the Carefree Pokemon looking back and giving a shrug that amounted to "I don't know what you're talking about" before looking back at Esther, his feet lightly hopping to get into some sort of rhythm. Naka sighed, shaking her head with a smile. "At least you got a captive audience, Esther."

She looked back to Eveline and Aldon, waving at them. "So, all prepped and ready to go? You guys not forgetting anything?"

Last edited:

With the time he had Desmond had opted not to do much, he returned his Politoed after he got his meal and as others had departed, he merely moved back up to his room and gathered some items; mainly his water proof camera, a backup, some sun screen, sunglasses, and a dry set of clothing to change into once the dive was done. Speaking of that, he shifted his outfit of sorts into a pair of trunks along with a light t-shirt he could remove without issue, once that was all settled he would chill in his room reading a bit before about a half hour before they had been set to depart.

He would set out for the Cable Car Terminal and by the time he arrived it was about 6-7 minutes to go before the arranged time, and it seemed others had already arrived before he did as he seemed to take notice of the growing party who gathered where Esther seemed to be and found a spot to wait in himself.

"Apologies. Hit a bit of traffic." Desmond muttered to the group as he none the less seemed ready to go, which seemed helpful as that Naka seemed to be asking Aldon and Evaline if they had not forgotten anything. As if on cute, his Politoed seemed to pop out and seemed a bit excited to see the cable car area and the group that it had identified as Desmond's friends.

How technically accurate that statement had been well, time would tell he supposed.

~Aldon again...!~

Aldon began taking headcount of the people who had shown up. He pointed at Eveline, then Naka, then Esther and then Desmond. He expected the count would ho up before they left, but that was the number he stopped on for now.

He glanced over at Naka, and placed his hands on his bag and shook it, causing his tools to shake around. "I'm always prepared. Gotta be" Aldon said grinning.

"The question is. Are you prepared...?" Aldon said pointing his finger at Naka with a slightly tilted head.

"Hit a bit of traffic, huh? Who threw the first swing, you or Traffic?" Aldon said trying to keep a straight face.

Kaden Miller - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh
Kaden's eyes squinted in response to Erebus's bright flames and looked like Etna wasn't doing much better. Ezio really knew his stuff when it came to battling. "Etna! Dodge!" the coordinator simply called out. The dog-like pokemon rushed to the side, trying to evade the attack but due to the shimmering light from Erebus she didn't see that she was going right at the fighting-type attack. Upon impact a high-pitched yelp could be heard and a dust of smoke was kicked up.

"Etna!" Kaden called out, worried for his pokemon. The fire-rock type pokemon still stood up from the super effective attack, though panting heavily. Kaden furrowed his brows trying to think of the next plan of action. Etna couldn't take another focus blast like that.. They needed to fire back with a super effective move.

"Good girl! Hit back with a Rockslide," the coordinator commanded. The Hisuian Arcanine barked and orbs of white light began to appear and grow larger into rough shapes above and around Erebus before finalizing into boulders and dropping around the Volcano pokemon.

Lara Brook - 10th of June - Route 3, Galar

Lara was pleasantly surprised by Nicole's enthusiasm for bird pokemon, but it made sense seeing that she was a birdkeeper, "Makes sense.. I do also have Rotom to also help us," she said with a thoughtful nod, "We can try to find some then. You're more knowledgeable on bird pokemon, but I'll do my best to help you out," Lara said with a smile, putting her hands together with Rotom flying around, excited to go and taking more pictures.

Gwen Tucker - 16th of June - Battle field behind the Pokecenter, Eterna City, Sinnoh

Gwen jumped out, ecstatic that they managed to land a critical hit, "Great job Cobalt!" she yelled out and Cobalt puffed out in pride in hearing his trainer cheer him on. The light blue haired girl's eyes widened in excitement when she said that Fluff wanted to continue to fight.

"Pip!" Cobalt let out a determined squawk, clearly wanting to continue the battle. The Flareon was clearly beginning to wear out. He can win this battle, he's sure!

"Me and Cobalt are fine with continuing as well," Gwen replied to Naka, letting her and Fluff do the next move. That was just something she learned was 'fair' in pokemon school when learning how to battle there.

Ezio Farello - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel - Sinnoh

Ezio couldn't help but wince as he heard his Focus Blast hit. Whilst it was the right move to do, it still hurt him to hear Etna be in pain. Hearing Kaden call for a Rock Slide, he began to think. A Focus Blast would finish the fight, but it was liable to miss. Rock Slide was an inaccurate move, almost all Rock moves were, but it would do nasty damage to Erebus. His only option was damage control. "Extrasensory! Shatter those rocks!"

Erebus looked up and fired a rainbow-colored ray at the rocks, breaking some before getting slammed by the rocks, letting out a painful cry as she got buried underneath the rocks. As Ezio winced, the rocks began to shake. The air shimmered with heat before the rocks went flying, with Erebus using Eruption to escape from her confinement. Fired up due to the super effective hit, Erebus sent out another Focus Blast as she wanted revenge for taking such a hit.

--------------

Nicole Newman - 10th of June - Route 3, Galar

Nicole smiled a little at Lara before looking at the sky. "At this time of year, there should be Swablu migrations. Maybe we can film them?" She asked, still observing the sky as if the Flying types would materialize out of thin air.

July 19, Monday - Blue Point Isle, Johto. Reina, current rank, 35,219

"The only who's going to need soap is my boot after I take out of your ass! Wait-" Reina paused and turned around, for the first time seeing the Octillary.

She pulled Gene's scarf up and sighed. She sort of understood what was going on and the situation was about to get worse if she fought the man for a stolen Pokemon. She turned around, crossing her arms and twisting her mouth.

"If it's your Pokemon why didn't you just return it to its PokeBall?"

Desmond had an eyebrow raised at Aldon who seemed to make a little quip about his comment, and while he had half a mind to ignore him or be snappy but he decided to humor him a bit.

"It was a he said she said scenario, but the turth probably is somewhere in the middle." Tristan said back to Aldon before attention shifted to Reina and...oh damn it!

Desmond jumped a bit when he noticed an Octillary just wandering around who appeared to be Gene's as Desmond seemed to sigh in frustration while he worked to lower his heart rate. Could these people not keep surprising him with the Pokemon they had? Had that been too much to ask here?

"...I don't need some Poké Ball, the damn thing should listen to me regardless! And you've got a fat mouth on you for some scrawny little brat! Hurry up Octillery, back to the pool!"

The man tried to grab the Octillery, only to be met with a Bubblebeam directly to the face. The man got shoved back, trying to move out of the way from the rest of the bubbles, only for them to wrap around him and start pelting him in the face again. Turns out what looked like the Octillery peeking around Genevieve ended up being them using Lock-On to get a definite shot on the man. Genevieve looked at the man as he rolled on the ground in pain. She also dug around through Reina's bag, trying to find something.

"If they were his Pokémon... they wouldn't do that to him. He said that he "should've used one of his own", meaning this Pokémon isn't his. He grabbed it from the ocean and dragged it into the touch pool. This man is evil, Reina. He took them from their family. If were his Pokémon... I couldn't do this. Come on, friend... touch..."

Genevieve had pulled an unused Poké Ball from Reina's bag and held it in her hand. The Octillery would touch it very willingly, then zoom inside of the ball. Just a few shakes and... click.

"See? Not his. It was wild. Now leave, before Reina hurts you."

The man would get up, admitting defeat as he ran off, and unlike Octillery, they were shedding more than a single tear: they could probably make an all new touch pool with how much he was bawling.

Well it seemed things had worked out, Reina relaxed her shoulders once the man had left the scene. "Gene, you did the right thing saving the Octillery, but you can't go around picking up random wild Pokemon, at least not yet, okay?"

She patted the girl on the head and took her hand. "Come on, we have to catch up to the rest. Peque, rest."

The Swampert relaxed, going back to walking on all fours with a careless expression on his face. Even Diva's fur was puffed up, but she didn't know how to bring it back down, so she just walked around pretending it was normal. Reina led them to join the rest, giving Desmond a smile as they made their way in. She gave one quick look at the group that had gathered and smiled.

"Sorry, we're late, Gene caught a Pokemon!"

Nakano Saito​

Date: 1 Month Ago (26 years old); June 16
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Hanu the Infernape, Yuki the Froslass, Aero the Aerodactyl, Orochi the Zweilous

Battling: Gwen Tucker and Cobalt the Piplup (IDKWhatUserNameToDo) vs Fluffy the Flareon
Watching: Ron Towers and Luz the Espeon (Hecotoro), Ozzy the Deino (IDKWhatUserNameToDo)

Naka wasn't deaf to what Ron was saying. They should end it here, but she knew Fluffy. She knew that Fluffy wanted to continue and get this Piplup's first win under his belt. Of course, Ron's comment on Fluffy not being "too impressive" had the Flareon irked and the black eyes stared at the blue-haired man before going back to the Piplup.

But their focus of the battle was returned when Gwen looked so happy and the Piplup looked so proud of himself. Fluffy grinned, though it seemed to be more out of chagrin when he knew what he had to do. Fine with continuing? That's alright by him.

Naka smirked, noticing Gwen giving her the next move. "How sweet." She chuckled. "Alright. Ember." Fluffy jumped back, breathed in until his cheeks were puffed out and chest puffed up, and then blew out a series of small flames. Some hit the ground and continued to burn, while others went straight to Piplup. "Let's see how well Cobalt can handle a barrage of fire."

Of course, Flareon didn't put his all in this Ember. It was mainly used as a distraction, because he was going to use Tackle once Cobalt was busy with the flames.

Esther
Johto Region​

“Thanks,” Esther's song quieted to a hum as she slid her fingers through Pyrrha’s feathers. ‘An idol...that’s an idea!’

Eveline’s compliment brought a smile to her lips, doubly so when it was seconded by Naka and then thirded by Naka’s Ludicolo. The fiesta pokémon sure was popular! Surprisingly popular... strangely popular... Don’t get twisted, Ludicolo was a great pokémon and they were plenty of fun to be around, but they had another reputation in her hometown of Aqua Resort.

An old lady on the island was fond of Ludicolo; infamously fond; some would even say criminally fond, since she even bothered rangers to bring Ludicolo to her house. Why she loved Ludicolo was a subject of speculation, but rumor had it one had given her an unforgettable experience—her words—in her youth. Briefly, Esther wonder if Reina and Naka had also...well, that was none of her business.

Esther was pleased to see her group had arrived early. After Eveline and Naka came Desmond and Aldon, finally Reina arrived with Gene in tow and all before the cable car had arrived. In fact, they still had a few minutes to spare.

“You know...” Esther began, swiping through pages on her pokétch. “I’ve always been more of a dancer. Wanna see?”

The dancer sprung to her feet and sent Pyrrha scattering. Her eyes bounced between Naka and Eveline but eventually, she settled on Eveline—she’d known her for a bit longer after all—and then reached out to pull her to her feet. A moment later the music began—

“When marimba rhythms start to play
Dance with me, make me sway
Like a lazy ocean hugs the shore
Hold me close, sway me more ~ ♪

Like a flower bending in the breeze
Bend with me, sway with ease
When we dance, you have a way with me
Stay with me, sway with me~ ♪”

Contrary to the lyrics she was singing, Esther had no intention to stay with Eveline. She wore a mischievous grin as she abruptly swayed and spun Eveline towards Desmond while her own spin carried her right in front of Reina. She swiftly pulled her friend into orbit—

“Other dancers may be on the floor
Dear, but my eyes will see only you
Only you have that magic technique
When we sway, I go weak~♪”

“I can hear the sounds of violins
Long before it begins
Make me thrill as only you know how
Sway me smooth, sway me now~♪”

Expecting Desmond to have tried to disengage with Eveline, Esther decided to also send Reina in his direction. Truthfully, she didn’t have any other options. Gene was a bit too young, and Savannah was...Savannah. As she quickly disengaged with her latest partner, her mischievous grin turned to Naka.

Bzt~* Attention! The 11 am cable to Bluefinland will arrive shortly, please line up and prepare to board! Attention—”

‘Tch! Saved by the bell.’

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

PokéFlute

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 19 (26yo)
Location: Cable Car Terminal, Blue Lagoon Town, Blue Point Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto -> Cable Car to Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Brute Tooth the Barraskewda

Interactions: Esther (kyuukestu), Eveline and Genevieve (GQuasch), Aldon (ThAtGuY101), Desmond (godjacob), Reina (Hecotoro)
Mentions: N/A

Desmond's Politoed had revealed itself yet again, and the Ludicolo's attention shifted to the new addition. Was the green frog dancing? They could dance with him!

Naka noticed Aldon was doing a headcount. Were there supposed to be more people? Aldon said he was fully prepared, so that was good. Then Aldon went to poke fun at Desmond.

Of course, that was when two new people arrived. Well, two new ones for Naka. She watched as two girls walked in, one looking barely ten. She didn't know what Desmond was freaking out about, but he looked a bit frustrated. Did he see something she didn't? The kid, named Gene, had apparently caught a Pokemon.

Not wasting a second, Naka waved at the two, introducing herself. "Hello~. I'm Nakano Saito, a researcher from Sinnoh. I'm going to be competing in the Whirl Cup... regrettably..." She mumbled, before continuing. "So I'm going to be hanging around you guys until after the Whirl Cup." She then looked at the little girl, smiling sweetly. "What Pokemon did you catch?" Naka's Pichu squeaked in surprise at the many people, but soon found herself comfortable enough to want to approach at least one of them.

Of course, that was when Esther burst into song and dance. The Ludicolo trilled, hopping and spinning about around Esther, who had tried getting her friends to dance with her. The Ludicolo spotted the Politoed and went to grab the Politoed's hands to spin with.

Naka watched with some mild amount of anxiety and amusement. It seemed fun, but if Esther was pulling Eveline then Reina to a dance and throwing them both at Desmond, what was-... Why was she staring at her like that???

Thankfully, the announcement saved Naka and she sighed in relief. The Ludicolo was still dancing however, unaware that the music and dancing had stopped. It would soon get awkward if Naka hadn't returned him soon after, sighing. "Well, that's one way to break into a friend group...?" She mumbled to herself, before getting up and getting ready to shuffle her way into the cable car.

~Aldon...~

Aldon paused as he assumed he recognized the girl talking to Desmond, but wasn't quite sure if he did. He stopped to glance at Skol who was tapping his paws along to the beat of the music and dancing along as it watched the ludicolo and politoed dance.

"Poke poke poke" Skol mused.

Aldon noticed Naka introduce herself, then decided to introduce himself once more" And I'm Aldon! Aldon Larch. Archeologist extraordinaire! Part time ruin maniac and occasional relic hunter. That's Skol" Aldon said pointing at the happy dancing slowpoke swaying from side to side swinging his tail around.

"Slo!" Skol went.

"All aboard who's going aboard!" Aldon said hopping onto the cable car. He turned and looked at Skol who was still dancing, now waving his front paws in the air like a metronome. The slow pokemon eventually followed Aldon aboard the cable car. They were going to the next island now but continued to move and groove even after the music stopped and boarding the trolley car.

Genevieve grumbled as she received the headpats, she wasn't the biggest fan of them after Esther had complimented her on her hair. After that, she was dragged away to the cable car, where Sam rendezvoused with his friend. He had been disorientated after that whole ordeal, but he wasn't too shaken up over the whole ordeal. Then Reina mentioned her new friend, who Gene realized hadn't been let out of their ball yet, of whom Naka apparently wanted to see. She would have shown everyone in the group, but she figured that a large octopus suddenly appearing would startle people. She watched as Esther had grabbed Eveline, then eventually Reina and literally took them for a spin, in which it would end with Esther looking at Naka kind of funny. She didn't understand this, but wouldn't have to think about it as the cable car would depart soon. She figured that her new friend should be allowed to be out of their ball. She had even given him a new name! They were now known as...

"Sticky Fingers... come say hi...!"

The Octillery popped out of their Poké Ball, looking at their new group, giving a smile as their tentacles flopped around. Gene then signaled for Sticky Fingers to get on her back since it was time to go, then he latched on to her back.

Eveline nodded at Esther, once more acknowledging her existence. Then out of the blue, Esther grabbed her and forced her to dance in an embarrassing display, and to say the least, not only was she caught off guard, but the boots she was wearing were not helping with this at all. After being spun away, she would fall directly onto Desmond, bashing his face with the back of her head as she landed on her back, laying on Desmond's lap. Her sunglasses were crooked on her face, and her hazel eyes were spinning a bit.

"Ughh... what the heeellll Esth... I'm gonna friggin' hurl... all over your face later..."

She would then get up, groaning as she began walking off towards the cable car... she had had enough of Esther's little games for now...

"
Whoa!" Reina was not expecting to show of her moves but she did, the few moments Esther grabbed she showed why she was the queen of fall in her hometown seven years ago.

When Reina was spun towards Desmond though, she stopped and looked down at the accident Eveline had caused. It was too be expected from someone who doesn't know how to dance, so the Metztlian just shrugged and turned her attention to the one thing she wanted to know about, the Ludicolo.

"Hi I'm Reina Cortez, I love your Ludicolo, I have a Lombre myself, what kind of music-" she was caught off by the announcement as she approached Naka. "Gene, stay close okay." She said as she prepared to board the cable car, a bit excited to see what was up ahead.

"Oh uh joy, a new addition..." Desmond mused a bit with a shudder but he tried toc compose himself after the distant visual of the Octillery had startled him, thankfully it seemed to not make too much of a scene and it had been returned to the Pokeball so he presumed the worst there had been behind them. Desmond's Politoed seemed to clap happily as Reina and Gene seemed to join them before it noticed the Ludicolo who waved to it, and the happy go lucky frog waved back with a smile. "Poli~!"

However, it seemed Esther was in a spirited move and decided to show her performance skills, as she began a song and dance on the spot which naturally got Politoed's attention. It clapped a bit to Esther's beat hoping off one leg to the next, before it felt Naka's Ludicolo's hand grab at its own to spin the Politoed around. The frog seemed overjoyed, and returned the favor and spun the Ludicolo by the hand lightly as it engaged in a friendly dance. It seemed to be absolutely jubilant~

The same could not have been said about Desmond.

"Can't even make the moments before a diving trip normal, can you?" Desmond mused with a roll of the eyes, as Esther seemed to have fun and in spite of how sudden it seemed he didn't seem to mind at first. But then Esther decided to get him "involved" and twisted Evaline towards him which caused his eyes to widen in shock at the sudden close proximity. This damned Esther! Before he had a chance to kindly space him away, Reina seemed to be spun his way next by Esther as if she tried to hook him up or something which only caused this awkward energy to grow all the more.

"Uuuuh...." Desmond had began to say, before Reina shrugged and focused on the Ludicolo. Thank god for that as witht hat and the announcement to get on board Desmond quickly led Politoed away who waved off the Ludicolo and they boarded on as Desmond seemed to grit his teeth a little.

Gonna be a long trip with this Esther girl....

Esther
Johto Region​

Esther blew a raspberry into the air. If only the cable car had come a minute or two later... Whatever! She grinned and skipped over to Pyrrha. The drake wasn’t happy about being unceremoniously thrown from Esther’s lap but a snuggle and a generous serving of kisses mollified her.

The Cable car docked by the time Pyrrha was once more coiled around Esther’s neck, looking like a scaly little ermine. Esther was in a great mood as she sang, “All aboard~♪”

Esther
Tuesday, July 19 – Ogi City
Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago​
Johto Region​

“Huh, they really are yellow...who would’ve guessed.” Was it really surprising that the mountains that dominated the geography of an island called yellow rock isle were well...yellow? No, it shouldn’t have but here she was, gobsmacked. The rocks were actually yellow, and vividly so. “Do you think they’re yellow 'cause there’s gold dust hidden inside?”

All jokes aside, the group arrived in Ogi City without much fanfare. The journey had taken just under three hours with short stops in Bluefinland and Megi City for food and a bit of shopping. Esther had snatched up a few sets of Megi city’s famed Corsola jewelry, galarian Corsola to be specific, and she couldn’t wait to try them out. She couldn’t yet though, first things first!

“Alright gang, it’s just after 2 pm and if we want to make the most out of our dive then we need to split up! I need two volunteers to head to the diving agency so we can rent some gear; I also need a volunteer to look for an Inn and book our rooms; finally, I’ll need another volunteer to help me snap some pictures closer to those mountains! Well...chop, chop, let’s move it!”

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

PokéFlute

July 19, Monday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto. Reina, current rank, 35,219

"Deeps on the Inn!" Reina called out finally trying out a new cool word she heard earlier in the trip. "I'll go really quick, Esther, take care of Gene okay?"

With a quick wave, smile, and a kiss on Gene's head, Reina headed off, eager to see if the Pokemon in the area were yellow also. Diva was a bit worried about leaving Gene with someone else, but Reina knew it was important for the girl to get to know the others also. Besides, she had two good Pokemon to protect her and Reina had read in several places that children traveled the world with their Pokemon at a very young age.

Of course, Reina bought a small pocket size your guide for the island before bringing out her Rotom Phone and video calling her mom.

"Buenos dias!"

~Aldon...~

~Yellow Island...~

At this point Skol was now just bobbing his head and occasionally swinging his tail like a helicopter. Aldon chuckled as he saw Esther dancing around.

"I guess dancing is as contagious as yawns" Aldon said before stepping his right foot around his left, then spinning before sliding to the side, arms extended. Then dropping down, petting Skol a d sitting in the trolley car ready to go.

"Poke! Poke!" Skol cheered, bouncing around.

The gang eventually arrived at yellow island. Aldon had plenty of time to explore the city and look around. He had even had time to get Skol a corsola necklace. He had worn it as they readied themselves to go dive. Aldon could only wonder what they were gonna find.

"Its time then... any last guesses on what we'll find before we find out?" Aldon asked wondering if anyone had a clue.

Montagne Khastil - Unranked - June 19th - Reflection Cave, Kalos

The ring of battle echoed through the main corridor of Reflection Cave, emanating from Monty and Oracle as they engaged a particularly-ineffective Duosion. As a Dark-Type, Oracle posessed a special privilege within the glossy stone passages, and the Psychic-Types they encountered quickly learned that she wasn't trapped with them; they were trapped with her.

The Duosion stayed on the backpedal (backfloat?), narrowly avoiding the new move the Absol was working on, Night Slash, by smaller margins each time as she poured the Pressure onto it. Monty followed after them at a safe distance, confident to let his partner work her magic, and kept an eye out for any opponents drawn in by the sound of the scuffle.

The pair had been dropped off in Shalour City that morning, and Monty opted to walk the rest of the way to Geosenge Town so Oracle could get more battle experience. Cormier's badge-by-the-end-of-June deadline was only getting closer, and Monty wanted to make sure Oracle was as strong as possible since they'd only have ten or so days of training with their next teammate.

"Wrap it up, Oracle, I think we're almost out of here," He called to his partner, whose irritation was steadily growing as the Duosion evaded her attacks. Useless Monty had told her to use Night Slash only while they worked their way through the cave, so why was he complaining that she couldn't reach a floating opponent?!

The Duosion's glowed a faint pink as it used a move, <<Reflect>> according to Monty's new PokeDex, and a bright pink barrier appeared between itself and Oracle. The Absol had grown fed up with the delays from her weak opponent and useless Monty's rushing, so she decided to abandon Night Slash as the black light dissipated from her horn.

She crouched down, her legs crackling with black light, and in a flash she launched up, smashed through the pink barrier, and slammed into the Duosion; << Sucker Punch >>. With a pained cry it was sent bouncing between the cave walls like a pin ball machine before disappearing down one of the myriad off-shoot tunnels, and Monty didn't need Future Sight to foresee Oracle chasing after it.

"Leave it!" He called to no avail, and the Absol disappeared down the corridor as he ran after her. Shit, couldn't she listen to him for once?! The trainer lost sight of both Pokemon as he rounded the corner, and the stomp of his boots echoed off the cramped walls as he chased after them.

Last edited:
July 19, Yellow Rock Isle, Johto
Savannah

Savannah's eyes were glued to the yellow colored mountains as the group walked pass them. It's not like the young woman has never seen a mountain before, but she had never seen one of such an unique color. "Wow, they look really pretty." She mumbled to herself.

Hearing Esther begin calling for volunteers, Savannah quickly perked up, raising her hand into the air. "Ooh I can help! Just tell me what to do." She exclaimed.

9 years ago December 25th, La Paz, Metztli.

"These tamales are delicious!" The young Reina called out as she stuffed her mouth with a piece of local delish, "Mom you should open your own restaurant and when I become the world champion I'll promote you and then you can become rich!"

Reina's mother smiled as she poured champurrado into Reina's cup. The brown steaming liquid releasing steam into the air as it made contact with the cool cup.

"I don't need to be rich, I just need you to open your presents so I can take some pictures for your grandma."

Reina shook her head before taking a sip from her hot beverage. "Nope, until dad gets home. I can wait, besides, I already know what my gift is."

"Oh you do? What is it?"

"A Ponyta."

Reina's mom coughed a bit before laughing at the answer given by her daughter. "A Ponyta? Why would it be a Ponyta?"

Reina rolled her eyes, ready to give her mom the obvious answer. "Because he asked me what I wanted and I said a Pokemon and Rapidash is due to have her baby soon."

Reina's mom laughed again, "Well I don't think Rapidash wants her baby going out on some adventure so soon." She stopped moving around the kitchen and pointed at the window, "Oh your dad is home." She turned around at the sound of a chair moving, only to see Reina had bolted out of the room.

"Papa!" Reina zoomed out the front door and into her father's arms, eagerly hugging him and looking up with a big smile. "Come on, we have to open up my, I mean our, presents!"

After some laughs and a quick breakfast, Reina and her family gathered around the Christmas tree. Reina looked terribly confused, she didn't see a PokeBall or the family Rapidash with a big bow around her belly. In fact, after opening some presents, getting a sweater and some new jeans, she still didn't have a Pokemon.

"Is that all?" Reina spoke up after her fathered had opened his gift, "Is my Ponyta outside?"

Her fathered laughed and shook his head, "Of course not. Why would I give you a Ponyta? Are you trying to take Rapidash's baby? I don't think she would like that."

Reina looked down a bit disappointed, had she reached the age where she only got clothes? "Okay, that's fine, I really liked my sweater." She put on her best smile for her parents, who seemed to be trying to hold their laughter. "What's so funny?"

Reina's father took and envelope from his jacket and offered it to Reina. "Merry Christmas Pequeña."

Reina took it quickly and opened it. It wasn't a Pokemon, but it was the next best thing, something she would treasure for the rest of her life, her very first Trainer Card.

"Wow this is like, some Christmas Special in some roleplaying website!" She called out before proceeding to spend the rest of her day showing the entire town her new card.

Esther
Part 1 — Last Year, December 24th – Aqua Resort
Sophian Island​
Oblivia Region​

‘Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house,
not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
the stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;
the children weren’t nestled nor snugged in beds,
they danced through the night with the moon overhead.

On the night of every Christmas eve, the denizens of Aqua Resort gathered for the annual Christmas Welcome. When the sun dipped below the horizon the town-wide celebration began and they would drink and make merry until morning come.

Torches washed the sand in flickering glows and tables of food and drink lined the beach. Esther revealed in a traditional Christmas drink, sorrel with ginger—cause eggnog was disgusting and frankly, she wasn’t sure how people stomached that swill much less pretended to like it. Anyway, she had turned seventeen just last month and that meant she had graduated from the kid’s bowl to the adult bowl. They were the same drinks, but with a little added oomph and now that Esther was three mugs deep, she was definitely feeling the oomph.

She stumbled across the sand, heady and a bit out of odds; it was hard to keep her head up, so her gaze dragged along the sand until the inevitable happened—she collided with someone. The world spun on its head, but the expected impact never came, instead, Esther felt a firm hand wrapped around her waist.

“Woah there, looks like someone’s been in the adult bowl; first time?”

“Ugghhh...” Even tipsy, Esther hadn’t missed the ribbing in that tone—Shayan. Her mind slurred furiously, she needed a comeback; something snappy, something clever, something eloquent. ”Sh-shaddup!”

Esther felt her arm being draped across a shoulder and she could feel the trembles of a chuckle. “Happens every year. Come on, let’s get you some water, and then we can find Parisa.”

Kaden Miller - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh
Kaden's brows furrowed in focus trying to come up with a plan, but fortunately Erebus finally used a fire type move. The flames from Eruption flew around on the battle field, but the Arcanine was completely unaffected, instead her body glowing with a red aura with some of the flames swirling around her. Kaden smirked, deciding to take advantage of her ability, Flash Fire.

"Raging Fury and rush into Erebus!" Kaden commanded. Etna's body became engulfed by flames, her body and fur glowing bright with the flames dancing and swirling around her before she charged at the Volcano pokemon.

Lara Brook - 10th of June - Route 3, Galar

"Oh really? We should keep an eye out on that," Lara said, looking up at the sky with a small smile. Seeing a migration like that would be amazing. Maybe she should look into it. Her Rotom seemed to have a similar reaction, though they showed it more outward with them perking up and zipping around as if to see if there were already any of the flying type's around but then promptly returned to their trainer's side.

Lara couldn't help but chuckle a bit at her pokemon's eagerness, but she could also relate a lot as she was equally excited, "Do you have any more information on the Swably migration? I'd be interested to possibly go see it," the photographer said, slightly fidgeting with the strap of her camera. Despite not really being a 'dedicated' pokemon trainer, she was quite interested in pokemon, especially photographing them. A Swablu migration had the potential to be a stunning piece for her growing portfolio.

Gwen Tucker - 16th of June - Battle field behind the Pokecenter, Eterna City, Sinnoh

"Ah- Cobalt dodge it!" Gwen called out, but looked like pride had gotten the better of the Penguin pokemon once more as instead of following his trainers orders, he decided to try and cancel out the fire type attack with Bubble. Gwen's brows furrowed, annoyed that Cobalt didn't listen to her instructions, "Oh come on-"

Just when things seemed to be looking good with them actually working together. Yet, this battle did prove that they could also cooperate. Gwen just hoped that things will be more effective and consistent by the time they go and challenge the gym.

Esther
Part 2 – Last Year, December 24th – Aqua Resort
Sophian Island​
Oblivia Region​

The three Sophys siblings retreated from the crowded beachfront and found their way to a sequestered cove not too far away. The glow of torchlight had been replaced by the alien red of Shayan’s Starmie—Hoshino. The sea-star pokémon’s pulsing gem had given Esther a splitting headache at first, but as she hydrated and flushed the spirits from her system, she began to appreciate the austere glow. Fascinating as Starmie was, Esther’s attention shifted toward her brother who was narrating his travels to an entranced Parisa—something about a town that floated the ocean on log rafts? Esther hadn’t caught all of it, but it sounded fantastical. Although the story sounded amazing, and Esther definitely wanted to hear more, she hadn’t seen her brother in months and there was another, more pressing question on her mind.

“So...how long are you staying for?”

“Hmmm, a few days at most.”

The answer drew a frown from both sisters. Esther glanced over to Parisa, and their eyes met in silent communication.

“Awww,” The youngest Sophys then flipped a switch and turned on the puppy eyes and waterworks. “Couldn’t you stay longer? Pleeeaaase.”

The sisters had seen great success swindlcough, persuading their brother like this before but tonight they were doomed to fail. Shayan only offered a wry smile while he tousled Parisa's hair. “I’m sorry Trouble, I’d love to, but they’re hosting a New Year’s tournament in Lilycove, that’s in Hoenn, and I really need to participate. It’s my best chance to bag a sponsor for the coming season.”

With reason or otherwise, it wasn’t great to hear their brother would be gone after only a few days and Shayan found himself pinned beneath silent accusing glares. A moment passed in somber quiet before Shayan began a steady hum.

“I'll be home for Christmas
You can count on me
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents under the tree”

“Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light gleams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams”

“I'll be home for Christmas
You can plan on me
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents under the tree”

“Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light gleams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams”

Frowns relaxed. It wasn’t a perfect arrangement by any means, but it would have to do. Christmas would always be family time and that was nice. It couldn’t be helped; trainers were busy people.

When he saw that their frowns had vanished Shayan took the chance to ask. “Speaking of presents, anything you two wanted?”

“Why? Are you the secret Santa this year?”

“Maaybe...”

Once more the sisters traded looks and came to a wordless consensus. Parisa hummed and Esther sang.

“Santa baby, just slip a Sable under the tree for me
Been an awful good girl
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight”

“Good girl? You?”

“Hey!” Although Esther took great offense at Shayan’s salacious implication, the song demanded her voice more than a rebuttal did.

“Santa baby, a 54 convertible too,
1672024914057.png

I'll wait up for you dear

Now they swapped, and Esther hummed while Parisa provided vocals.

“Think of all the fun I've missed
Think of all the fella's that I haven't
1672024933314.png

“You’d better not!”

The youngest Sophys stuck out her tongue, lips split in an impish grin; she seemed hardly chastened.

“Next year I could be just as good
If you check off my Christmas list”

“Santa baby, I want a yacht and really that's not a lot
Been an angel all year

Finally the sisters sand in duet.

“Santa honey, one little thing I really need
The deed to a
1672024895582.png

“Santa cutie, and fill my stocking with the duplex and checks
Sign your 'x' on the line
Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight”

“Come and trim my
1672024871262.png

With some decorations bought at TiffanysI really do believe in you
Let's see if you believe in me”

“Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing
A ring, I don't mean on the phone
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight
Hurry down the chimney tonight”

The song ended with a round of snickers and giggles.

“So, about those presents?”

Esther thought for a moment.

“Well, just make sure you’re here next Christmas, and not in your dreams.”

Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto

The trip to the Yellow Rock Isle had been eventful, but it had gone without much issue thankfully enough...a rather peaceful ride much as it could've been here which Desmond had been relieved by. They made it through Bluefinland and Megi City respectively, as Desmond picked up some fresh supplies and even managed to get some pictures of the famed Corsola nests that had defined a lot of that island's culture and economy which Politoed had gotten a kick out of.

Esther seemed to ask which jobs people wanted, and when he heard mention of someone she needed to help "snap some pictures" close to the mountains, he had already known what he wanted to do and raised his hand a bit, for ocne Esther seemed to make a suggestion that outlined with his own goals.

"I came here to snap pictures anyway, so I'll go snap some extra pictures closer to the mountains." Desmond mused, as he seemed to look forward to that task which given how he carried himself was a bit of a turn. But a reasonable one given hos goal as a Pokemon Photographer.

Montagne Khastil - Unranked - June 19th - Reflection Cave, Kalos

Unease crept into Monty as he ran through stone corridor after stone corridor in pursuit of his partner. He shouted her name periodically, but each unanswered call weakened his resolve a little more. Since they'd started battling the week before last, Oracle displayed a preference for absolute victory. Monty figured he shouldn't be surprised that she'd run after a fleeing opponent, but why did it have to be in this Pokemon infested cave?

At least it wasn't too dark. Just the thought of a Pokemon leaping out at him without Oracle there sent shivers down his spine, but that fear would've been exponentially worse if he couldn't see it happening. The comfort, if you could call it that, was slight, and Monty called out again for his partner, "Oracle! Come back! We need to get out of here-"

The criminal's eye caught one of the myriad reflection of himself on the glossy cave walls, but there was something different about this one. "-soon." Most of the walls bore the perfect reflections which gave the cave its name, but Monty was face to face with one that wasn't an exact match. The clothes were the same, the proportions were right, but he couldn't shake the feeling something was missing.

The criminal's hand drifted up to the side of his face, an action the reflection mirrored, but when he unconsciouly traced his scar down his jaw he realized with a start the the reflection's face was unmarred. "What the hell?" Monty muttered, but when he dropped his hand the reflection's stayed up for a moment. The delay drew Monty's eyes to his mirror's hands, and he noticed that the scars which covered his knuckles were absent, too.

Was this really his reflection? Monty whipped his head back and forth, scanning the passage for any Psychic-Types who could be playing some sort of trick, but he was alone. The mirror-Monty looked behind himself when the real thing turned back, prompting Monty to jump back since he definintely didn't turn around, and the image seemed to say something to whoever was behind him. A soft smile appeared on the mirror-Monty's mouth, and he seemed genuinely happy to see whoever was behind him.

When had he ever been that happy to talk to someone? Sure, Michel and Antoine were like friends to him, and the Madame and Jacques had basically raised him, but did he ever look like that when they called his name?

Another figure emerged from behind mirror-Monty, resembling a brown-haired woman with blurry and indistinct features, and Monty jumped in fright as he spun around. Someone snuck up on him?! No, no one was there. He breathed a relieved sigh and turned back around, only to come face to face with a different reflection.

Monty's heart dropped as he recognized himself in the reflection, still without the jaw scar but donning an orange prison jumpsuit. The criminal's breathing started to speed up as he backed away from the reflection, the mirror-Monty matching his movements until he hit the opposite wall. The mirror-Monty halted, too, but seemed to sit down on something. A chair? The image was floating, but Monty got his answer when it laid down in the air; a bed.

"What's happening?!" Monty gasped, his breathing becoming frantic as adrenaline started coursing through him, and he watched the mirror image's head jerk back as its hands shot up like it was grappling with someone. No, that was exactly what was happening. Monty could see from there that the left side of the mirror-Monty's jaw had split open in the phantom scuffle, and he shut his eyes to keep from seeing the rest.

After getting his breathing under control, Monty opened his eyes again to see another different reflection staring back. This one was an older man, with a graying beard, crow's feet, and a disgusted scowl plastered across his face. Monty stood up and approached the image, realized that it, too, must be him. The beard's growth was disrupted by the scar across the jaw, and there were a couple smaller scars on his face around the eyes and nose. The older-mirror-Monty's coat was speckled with blood, and it dripped down from his fists onto his boots.

This reflection scared Monty, too, but it wasn't the garb or the scenario this time; it was the eyes. The older-mirror-Monty's eyes weren't happy like the first one's, nor frantic like the second, but they were...empty. Hollow, like the mirror-Monty wasn't there, wherever he was covered in blood like that. Was it...a vision of the future? Real Monty approached the mirror, and held his hand out to touch its surface. The mirror image did the same, and for a moment they stood there with their palms pressed together, the same man separated by the glossy stone yet entirely different, and Monty felt a pang of sadness as he stared into the empty eyes.

The cave was silent, no raucous battles to be heard, and Monty could have stood for eternity looking into that mirror. His eternity was interrupted, however, when a small white and black figure appeared in it at the mirror-Monty's side.

"AHHH!" Monty jumped at the sight of the apparition, and looked down to see Oracle at his side with a quizzical look on her face. "Why're you sneaking up on me?!" He demanded, face red with embarressment, especially since the Absol seemed to find amusement in his reaction to her sudden appearance. He looked back at the mirror to see just that, a mirror with a perfectly normal reflection, and he breathed a sigh of relief that the strange experience seemed to be over.

Rick
Tuesday, June 14th - Relic Castle, Unova

While Rick was hiding behind the pillar, Iris fired off a flamethrower from her mane at the Volcarona. The moth responded with a stream of flames from its own, which overran Iris's attack like it didn't exist and engulfed the mare, whose flames flared with a blue tone as her Flash Fire absorbed the flames. As soon as the Volcarona interrupted the stream of flames, Iris lunged at it with her horn. The Volcarona closed its wings in front and formed a shield arround it, blocking the attack. While Iris landed back, the Volcarona somersaulted and darted at Iris, ramming at her belly and against the wall.

On the opposite corner, Pearl charged a Hydro Pump and fired it at the Volcarona while it was distracted. The moth got shoved a bit as the jet hit it right at the center of its wings, creating a steam cloud as a good part of the water evaporated on contact. The Volcarona turned to face Pearl. It didn't seem too much shaken after getting hit by a Hydro Pump, though at this point that was to be expected. At least it seemed to be enough to cool it down a little, as the Volcarona wasn't as bright as before. It fired a stream of flames at Pearl, who shielded herself with a Safeguard. The Volcarona then started flapping its wings, releasing a strong gust of wind at the dragon-type and shoving her against the wall.

Meanwhile, Zephir ran towards his trainer, who was still hiding behind the pillar, trying to think on some way to get out of the mess. "Sorry pal, but if they can't do it, I don't think your attacks will work either." Rick said to Zephir, petting the Leafeon's head. He then looked over his shoulder and stared at the pillar from bot to top, scrathing his chin and thinking. "Actually, I think there's something you can do that might hurt that thing." He said, before getting up and away from the pillar. "Take down this pillar with a Leaf Blade." Zephir swinged the leaf on his head, making a clean cut at the pillar and causing it to wobble a bit. "Knock off!" Rick shouted soon after. The Leafeon leaped and whirled, slamming the unstable pillar with his tail and tumbling it on top of the Volcarona.

Rick and Zephir ran near the entrance of the room, and Pearl soon hovered next to them as well. They both stared at the huge dust cloud caused the pillar crumbling. Iris eventualy recovered from the last hit and jumped over the fallen pillar and next to Rick. After a few moments of silence, Rick speaked. "Well, that actualy ended up being easier than the others. I wish they all had a double weakness to something." He may have spoke a bit too soon, as the Volcarona's body flared up and it spinned into the air. "Ha! Just kidding! Did anyone believe what I said?" He exclaimed. The three pokémon sighed, and Chris could also be heard sighing too.

The Volcarona flapped its wings, releasing a heat wave towards the group. Pearl curled around Zephir and cloaked with a Safeguard to protect the grass-type from the attack. Iris was a bit less subtle and pinned Rick under her belly while she absorbed the heat. When the wind subsided, Iris and Rick got back up and Pearl uncurled. "It's gonna take three again. Zephir, Helping Hand on Iris. Pearl, Extremespeed and hold it on for a bit!" Rick ordered. Zephir's paws touched Iris's hind leg, and a white aura transfered from his body to hers. The Volcarona was about to fire off another attack at the grass-type, but it was forced to defend itself from Pearl's sudden burst of speed, which pinned it against the engraved wall. The Dragonair then wraped her body around the Volcarona and squeezed tightly to restrain it, though she wouldn't be able to hold it for too long, as her skin started burning in contact with its body.

"Now, Drill Run!" Rick shouted. Iris's horn became shrouded with an energy drill as she accelerated towards the Volcarona. Pearl eventualy released the moth, both due to the pain from the burn and to not get hit at the same time by Iris's charge. The Volcarona still had time to cover itself with its wings before Iris slammed at it head first and, to much of Rick's surprise, they both went through the engraved wall. Rick gasped and ran to the other side of the room to inspect, with Zephir following behind and eventualy outpacing him. He felt a whiff of hot air coming from the newfound trapdoor. He peeked into what turned out to be a much larger circular room, similar to a collosseum with several balconies, as well as a few round mirrors. At the center there was a bridge leading to a pedestal, and on that pedestal there was a radiant object emiting a very bright light.

"There it is! The Meteonite! Grab it and get out of there before that thing comes back for more!" Chris said on the headset with a rushed voice. However, he barely finished talking and the Volcarona was already back into the air. It also didn't feel like it had taken any damage. Quite the opposite, it seemed to have regained its full strength. "It never left!" Rick replied to Chris, gritting his teeth. The Volcarona then spinned into the air and flared up, before darting towards Rick with a Flare Blitz. Pearl came in and charged at the moth with a Dragon Rush, but she simply got shoved against the wall. Her body rolled down the balconies until she eventualy stoped unsconscious at the bottom. "Darn it!" Rick muttered, gritting his teeth as he grabed Pearl's pokeball and recalled her. "Down one pokémon, and I can't really say we made any progresses."

July 19, Tuesday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto. Reina, current rank, 35,219

"Nice talking to you mom! Bye!" Reina waved at the Rotom Phone as the screen went black and the phone dove back into her pocket.

The trainer had finally found an Inn to spend the night, it was next to a small beach, which was perfect. She was about to head back, when she heard a familiar sound. There was a small crowd cheering, the sound of small explosions and of course, trainers shouting. She could take a small detour right? Reina ran quickly over to the location of the place, finding the small group of people gathered around a small battle arena.

In the match there was a Leavanny, looking tired after a hard fought battle and across from it there was a Pokemon Reina had never seen before. It was a canine looking Pokemon and it seemed to be made out of bread? It did give off a strong cinnamon smell. Reina's curiosity couldn't let her watch the match without knowing the second participant, so she took out her trusty Rotom Phone.

Dachsbun, the dog Pokemon.

The pleasant aroma that emanates from this Pokémon’s body helps wheat grow, so Dachsbun has been treasured by farming villages.

"Oh it must be nice always having a Pokemon that smells this good." Reina said as she watched the Dachsbun collide with the Leavanny.

Both Pokemon seemed to be equal in strength, however the grass bug Pokemon looked a lot more tired. The battle seemed to be coming to an end soon, and Reina just had to find a way to join in on the action next. She tapped the shoulder of the closest person to her, a man wearing a bright yellow Alolan style shirt with Bellsprout prints on it.

"Sorry, do you know how to I can join the battle?"

The man smiled and pointed at the Dachsbun's trainer, "That trainer is taking on volunteers. Just raise your hand when he calls out for another challenger."

"So it's King of the Hill." Reina whispered to herself.

The battle ended and the Dachsbun trainer had won the match. He returned the Pokemon and raised his hand. The trainer was wearing orange pants, a white button up shirt and had a hair style like if he had been wearing a helmet. "Who's next?"

Reina eagerly raised her hand, along with other trainers in the crowd. They all waited for an answer from the trainer accepting the challenge, while he scanned the crowd, looking for an opponent. "You!" he pointed at Reina.

With some cheers from the crowd, the Metztlian trainer ran over to her side of the battle field. Reina couldn't wait to see if the man had any new Pokemon with him like the one he used before. "My name's Reina." She said proudly, taking a deep breath.

"My name is Martin. Do you have a rank, Reina?"

"Oh, yeah thirty five, thousand something..." Reina looked up at the sky, like if searching for the answer in the clouds.

"Great! How about we make it a ranked match? Mine's in the twenty nine thousands."

"I love the idea!"

Just on the queue, the Rotom Drone came down from the sky, being received with claps from the people waiting for the show to start. "Bzzzt- Martin rank 29,574 versus Reina rank 35,219. It will be a one on one battle-Bzzt."

"Okay, I'm ready!" Reina called out, removing a Pokeball from her bag.

Martin nodded and chose his own Pokeball also and as soon as the Rotom Drone announced the start of the round, both trainers sent out their Pokemon. On Reina's side, it was her Swampert, Peque. The water Pokemon landed with a heavy thud and tested the ground with his fists. On Martin's side, another Pokemon Reina had never seend before.

"Quaquaval!"

The long water dancer Pokemon, stood still as it set its eyes on his opponent. After a short glance, the duck began to dance, moving his hips from side to side and quickly shifting it's feet, one behind the other, but staying in the same place.

"Another Pokemon I've never faced before, this is going to be good!" Reina clenched her fists, eager to battle but nervous at the same time.

"Your Pokemon is pretty new to me also!" Martin called out, a confident expression on his face, "Let's do this!"