• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

~Aldon...~

Aldon then swam closer to the hole in the ship as he noticed Desmond swimming towards the ship. He waved. Skol swam over and poked its head out of the hole.

"Get any good pictures?" Aldon asked.

"Slooooo..." Slow greeted the the duo, waving at them with it's rock covered paw at them. Skol made sure to lift Skol and pull him back into boat, just in case the sparpedo was going to make a big entrance. A few of the horsea were now swimming circles around Skol whom couldn't keep up with them all as his eyes bounced around between the different horsea.

Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto (July 19th)

As Desmond swam he and Politoed noticed Aldon and Skol as a group of Horsea seemed to sail around the Psychic Type and confused it. Granted that may not have been overly difficult but their presence had caused Desmond to keep a cautious distance before he shifted over to Aldon who asked about some photos.

"Y-yeah, got some nice interior shots. I see you two have kept yourselves busy?" Desmond asked, though he noted the caution around a certain section of wall he presumed Esther had been on the other side of and had made a point to avoid that area.

Politoed in turn happily moved up and seemed to wave at the Horsea and to Skol itself, clapping a bit as it floated in the water as it seemed to find all of this rather fund.

Adrianne Silvers (Unranked)
Valencia Island, Orange Archipelago (June 1st)

Adrianne soon stepped through the doors of the Pokemon Center, had been a bit of a walk but the young trainer seemed pleased at her arrival. A couple people stood in the line of Nurse Joy likely to get their Pokemon checked up on, another pair seemed to be chatting one with Rattata and another with a Pidove as they seemed to be conversing; Adrianne had heard the word "trade" mentioned but had not focused herself on the topic.

Adrianne moved in line and hummed to herself as she waited in line, the trainer ahead of her, a boy who seemed to have an Aipom on the shoulder looked back at this as she waved at him. "Hey there, cute Aipom." Adrianne said as the boy raised an eyebrow and faced forward as she realized her humming and that comment probably had been more awkward than intended.

Well, she always could have used this to build on her people skills for the future.

She continued to wait in line and soon enough she had a clear spot to the front as she met the smiling Pokemon Nurse.

"Welcome, how may I help you today?" Nurse Joy asked as Adrianne smiled a bit before she explained herself.

"Well I am a new Trainer. Just got my Starter from Professor Ivy today, and I would like to register both for the Orange League and enter officially in the World Coronation Series. I was told this is the place to get that settled?" Adrianne clarified as Nurse Joy seemed to nod in confirmation.

"That would be true. I can see you are excited. So I will need your Pokedex and Trainer ID to get started." Nurse Joy said as Adrianne handed both those items without issue as Nurse Joy seemed to type a bit on her PC, then she scanned the items in question before she typed some more on her computer. Once this was done, she seemed to pass both items back to her and presented her with a badge case that had four slots opened up.

"There we go all set. First this is your badge case, a customary item used to hold any of the badges you earn from the members of the Orange Crew. Course you are free to pin it on clothing or hold it somewhere else if you prefer. This is pretty straight forward, you just find each member of the Orange Crew on different islands within the Orange Archipelago. Each Gym Leader will test your abilities as a trainer, and if you manage to prove yourself you will earn one of four Orange League Gym Badges. Once you have all four, you will qualify for a chance to take on Drake himself for the Orange League cup." Nurse Joy explained, as Adrianne seemed to take her ID and her badge case and had a gleam in her eyes about such a scenario.

However, before she had a chance to pull back her Pokedex Nurse Joy stopped her and seemed to press a button on it which seemed to pop up a display which seemed to have a bit of a user profile and what seemed to be a ranking: Though it only said 96,103, Normal Class.

"Your Pokedex contains your World Coronation Series ranking and profile. The World Coronation Series is a global competition comprising of thousands and thousands of trainers from beginners like you to even Champions of entire Leagues. There is a sort of tier system here, and begging a first time trainer you are towards the bottom of Normal Class its lowest tier. In order to qualify for a chance to win the World Coronation Series you must get within a top 8 ranking, and the best way to raise your own rank is to challenge other trainers in the World Coronation Series of the same class to Pokemon battles. These battles will be held in Drone Rooms and victory allows you to up your score. Of course this doesn't mean you are locked to only WCS matches, as evident by you also competing in the Orange League being well within the rules, in fact it often i advised you do events like this together as it gives you more chances to meet more trainers of your class and raise your ranking." Nurse Joy outlined as Adrainne tried to soak it all in.

W-wow, over 90,000 trainers at the least. And that doesn't even cover other people who can join at anytime. This is crazy, but hey...gives me a goal to strive for and I have plenty of room to work my way up. Look out world here comes Adrianne Silvers!

"Alright I understand. Thank you Nurse Joy." Adrianne said as Nurse Joy smiled and passed her back her Pokedex, and with her newfound resolve she walked outside the Pokemon Center and prepared for the journey ahead.

Esther
Tuesday – Afternoon July 19
Ogi City – Beach, Whirl Archipelago
Johto Region​
Team On-hand: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Pariparisithea (Munna), Halay-Alae (Houndour), L’ Basseau (Surskit), Unnamed (Shellos) In Esther’s care: Feebas​

Esther could feel the pressure against her chest. Tight. Heavy. Cramped. Was that anxiety or just the water? She needed to do something, to move, to act. Every second that passed was a second too long; Esther could already feel the creeping dread: cold and slimy, crawling up her—Oh...it was just Shellos. OHHH! Shellos!!

The Oblivian scrambled for Shellos’ pokéball and swiftly scanned it with her pokédex-app, she flicked through the pages and landed on the attackdex:
Yawn (Slowpoke Parent)
Curse (Slowpoke Parent)
Amnesia (Slowpoke Parent)
Water Gun
Mud Slap
Mud Sport
Harden
Tackle
Water Pulse
Recover
Mud Bomb
An—

Wait, back to that last one. Perfect!

“Shellos, «Mud Bomb»!”

The rotten, water-logged walls shattered as they got a taste of compact mud pellets and Esther rushed through the murky waters—or at least, that’s what should’ve happened. Instead, Shellos tilted its head and just looked confused.

Esther groaned. New pokémon were like that sometimes, a bit slow to respond to orders and her Shellos seemed a bit slower than most. Had the pokédex said Slowpoke parent?

Whatever! She’d been in Shellos’ head, she knew how to motivate it.

“There’s a big, juicy, pecha—” Ah, that did it. Before Esther could even finish, the wooden walls exploded with force and fury, creating a hole in not just the wall before her, but also the subsequent wall behind it.

Pleased by this development, Esther gave Shellos small pat and swam off. She had to reach Feebas.

$5330

Seal Case

PokéFlute

Clip-on roller skates

Hand-woven kilt

Everstone x 1 – $15,000.00

Kaden Miller - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh
Kaden couldn't help but chuckle a bit, "I'm glad you think so, worked quite well didn't it?" the coordinator said with a smirk. He was pretty sure that the ruin maniac was holding back, but this wasn't a serious fight so what did that really matter. Nyx cackled and did a playful twirl in the air, swirling from side to side as if to try and dance to celebrate her victory.

"Let's see who's your next opponent, Nyx"

Lara Brook - 16th of June - North Lake Miloch, Wild Area, Galar
"I understand. It can be quite a lot being a big city with a lot of people. It has some calmer spots if you know where to go and look," Lara said, understanding Nicole's reasoning of why she hadn't visited Nimbasa. The reporter noted Nicole's head turn, but didn't question it all too much, just tried to see what the bird keeper was looking at, but didn't see anything.

"It sounds like a nice quaint town. Maybe I should visit there someday myself?" Lara then suggested as she let her gaze wander, but it snapped right back when Nicole yelled out, startling the photographer as well. In front of the two women was a strange pokemon. It had.. one? Or wait, three eyes? And a very colorful appearance. Lara pretty much froze in her tracks and just stared at the single eye on the top of it's two other eyes.

Gwen Tucker - 16th of June - Battle field behind the Pokecenter, Eterna City, Sinnoh
Gwen was baffled for a moment. Rotom liked the grunt? But he was a bad guy! All grunts were surely evil, no? The young trainer watched Naka and the Rotom-phone interact. Now that she looked at the pokemon again... yeah, it looked sad. The blue haired girl turned her head to see Ron who was covered in dust. He did remind them of what Gwen originally came to do in this city. The Gym challenge of course.

"Oh right!" she exclaimed and took out her normal phone to go and register herself for a challenge, taking out her trainer card as well. She wasn't as quick to register as Naka as she did her best to read through each question with care.

Which Gym? Eterna city.

Are you here to challenge for trimmed or normal badges? Normal

How many badges do you have from before?

Zero.

"There! All registered!" Gwen then called out and saw Naka caring a wound on Ron's hand, "Whoaa.. What happened to you Mr. Punk? Wait, did your weird Typhlosion bite you?!"

Last edited:

Much as Desmond anticipated something probably was happening in the section of the room that Aldon had avoided intentionally, little could prepare him for the walls of that section of the old ship being blasted down as he jumped back as his eyes turned to the culprits which happened to be Esther and a Shellos as he had a sweat drop behind his dive gear though once that shock had passed he looked on with a scowl.

"You know, they invented doors for a reason..." Desmond mused, noting how he and Aldon managed to get in without smashing up the place.

Adrianne Silvers (Normal Class: 96,103)

"Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokemon. It is docile and prefers to avoid conflict. If disturbed, however, it can ferociously strike back."

Adrianne listened to her Pokedex as she and her partner Aqua had been hidden behind some trees while she scanned a clearing in the forest just outside the Pokemon Center on the island. As it just so happened, Adrianne had caught the sounds of something picking along some seeds on the ground, and saw a lone Pidgey which provided an opportunity. If she was gonna make it as a top trainer someday, she needed a strong team behind her and more Pokemon to her party certainly aided in such a goal.

"Alright, you ready buddy~?" Adrianne asked Aqua with a gleam in her eye, the anticipation had been rather evident as she already envisioned what nickname she'd give this Pokemon once she caught it. However, notable less enthusiastic was the Azurill itself, who seemed nervous about the prospect of a battle as reflected in that almost panicked expression.

"A...azu..."

"Alright here we go!" Adrianne said as she moved from the clearing and pointed at the Pidgey who turned surprised to see the girl before him. "Now Aqua use Water Gun!"

....​

Adrianne cleared her throat. "I said Aqua, use Water Gun!"

....​

"Huh? Aqua you..." Adrianne turned confused only to see the Pokemon cowering behind a tree with its eyes closed as she looked a bit dumbstruck and even the Pidgey had tilted its head to the side.

"Aw jeez um, come on Aqua you gotta do this. It's not gonna be that bad." Adrianne said with a sweat drop as she tried to assure her partner, but in this window the Pidgey had flapped its wings and flown away from the pair. "W-wait no...aw damn it!" Adrianne cursed. Aqua had turned in time to see the Pidgey flee and Adrianne's frustration as guilt rose within in and now it had began to cry.

"Zuuuurrriiiiillll!"

"H-hey don't cry don't cry!" Adrianne said as she moved to consult her partner and sighed to herself. Okay, this might've been tricker than she anticipated....

Ron, Eterna City, June 16th.

"Thanks, but I'm okay." He told Naka, waving his hand at her to ensure he wasn't truly injured or anything, "You might see a bite, I call it progress." He chuckled at Gwen's comment, "Yeah, she's a cranky one. How's the Rotom Phone going by the way?"

He looked over the Pokemon Center counter, he should go give them Furia, but she wasn't a fan of being healed by machines, she preferred to heal on her own, made her feel sturdier. He scratched the back of his head and took a look at the bathrooms, he should go wash himself up. Maybe consider a new change of clothes.

"Actually, might take up your offer on cleaning my wound, I can do it on my own though, but I would need the materials for it." He held out his hand, "I'll be going to take a quick shower and then heading to buy some new clothes. You guys hungry? We can grab a bite before Gwen's gym match."

Ezio Farello - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh

"Sure did, but you are not the only one with a neat trick up their sleeve." Ezio said, smiling at Kaden before releasing a Kabutops. "Aqua Jet, then Knock Off." The Shellfish Pokémon got cloaked in a stream of water, rushing past Nyx before attempting to slam down onto the Ghost type. "I have to thank you for this idea. Combining moves is very efficient at times."

-------

Nicole Newman - 16th of June - North Lake Miloch, Wild Area, Galar

Nicole maintained eye contact with the strange Pokémon, clearly unnerved by how she clenched Cassidy's Pokéball. The entity didn't seem hostile, or sentient for that matter. Afraid to look away, she whispered to Lara. "What is this thing?"

The Sigilyph kept staring at the two women, flapping its wings whilst staring at them with three unblinking eyes. It felt as if time stood still and Arceus themselves was testing their resolve by showing them something out of this world. It was not aggressive, but it was hard to spot any emotion in the Pokémon.

Adrianne currently had sat on a log in a more distant clearing with her partner Aqua on her lap, as the latter seemed to have calmed down a bit from its crying earlier but felt shame as it blamed itself for having messed up the situation with the Pidgey. Adrianne in turn stroked the top of its head while its bouncy ball rested on her legs as she knew she needed to say something here to try and raise its spirits.

"Hey don't blame yourself for this." Adrianne began to say gently as she stroked its head gently. "I should've picked up that you were a bit too nervous to jump into the fray with little warning." Adrianne said, as the small Fairy type glanced up at this its eyes reflecting this conflicted emotion.

"I know it seems scary, but this is all for your good, believe me. I know you have what it takes to be the best partner a Trainer could ask for. We just gotta find a way to ease you into the nature of battles." Adiranne explained, which was easier said than done as for most trainers finding a Wild Pokemon particularly a less experienced one was the idea way to train for such a thing but she had to think of another way.

Her ears perked a bit as a little further in two trainers, one who seemed to be a girl with an Poliwag, another a boy who had a Machop as Adrianne seemed to sense an opportunity and invited Aqua over as the Fairy bounced a bit beside her to view the action from afar.

"Just watch. Let yourself just get a feel for what a battle is." Adrianne suggested and Aqua, though a bit sheepish, nodded and focused on the action.

Montagne Khastil
July 1 - Parterre Way (Route 4), Kalos

The Ledyba swarm was briefly thrown into disarray, their vanguard members spooked by the exploding rings of <<Mystical Fire>>, and they veered upwards in an effort to avoid the fiery attacks. Chauffemagne <<ROARED!>> as they passed overhead, driving them even further up with the ear-splitting soundwaves, and Monty scowled in anticipation of the wave of red that was about to wash over them.

The wave never came.

The veritable cloud of Ledyba soared well overhead, past the fountain, and as Monty followed their trajectory their motives became clear. He thought back to the warnings posted at the Parterre/Lumiose gate: 'In an effort to monopolize pollen collection, it seems the two species are locked in a fierce melee.'

The melee was put on full display as the Ledyba swarm fell upon the what remnants of the Combee were left after Esther and Nico's rampage, and as Monty watched the carnage his every criminal instinct told him that now was the time to get going.

He looked down the path ahead, and spotted the gate to Santalune far in the distance. "Let's get moving before they decide to turn around," Monty called to Esther and Nico. Chauffemagne padded back up to his trainer with a pleased look on his canine face, and the Houndour put his nose to work as he circled around the blonde woman's feet.

"Merci beaucoup." Monty sized the woman up as he thanked her. She seemed far more...put together than any of their trio, and her speech and the way she carried herself dripped with professionalism. Not only that, though. Only moments beforehand she and her pokémon, who was able to output firepower well above Chauffemagne's current capacity, were...playing in the fountain?

That, coupled with the quick offer of exorbitantly expensive healing items, practically spelled out two things; comfort and confidence. This woman must've been an experienced trainer, and Monty was betting she'd be a powerful ally.

The criminal gestured to his companions, and much to Oracle's consternation he asked, "Care to join us in Santalune?"

~Aldon...~

~Yellow Island, July 19th...!~

Aldon was startled as Esther used her shells to onto the old damaged ship wall.

Skol floated there, completely calm and seemingly without reaction. Aldon looked around as part of the ship began to adjust.

"That didn't sound good" Aldon said before looking towards Desmond.

"Haha! Yyyyeeeeaaah... This place is pretty old. Judging by the looks of it... mid-eighteenth century...? I don't think it's quite old enough to be seventeenth... I'm not entirely sure... This isn't quite in my field of study..." Aldon muttered unsure of himself.

Skol looked over at Politoad, but Skol's mind was somewhere else. It was anyone's guess as to what the hippo was actually thinking. Perhaps it was thinking about lunch or the existence of extraterrestrial creatures far beyond the scope of the planet they inhabited. Skol let out a cheerful yawn and stretched its legs.

~Undella town, June 16th...~

The sun was shining. The sound of a massive bullhorn going off could be heard. Smells of the ocean and fresh baked bread from a nearby bakery. People walked along the beaches, homes sat on the hills that must have had the most breathtaking view of the ocean. Beach goers were enjoying themselves. Aldon looked and smotted a seemingly familiar blonde woman in the shade of an umbrella. Though Aldon doubted that and gave a friendly wave. Him and Skol headed down the docks.

Step by step, Aldon continued his journey wondering what sights and treasure awaits him as he readies himself to travel to the Abyssal Ruins. Skol let out a sigh, then pinched Aldon's leg.

"What's wrong, buddy?" Aldon asked.

"Slooo...?" Skol poked at his belly.

"We'll get some food before we head out!" Aldon said.

"Slo!" Skol delighted.

Aldon had went to the deli to grab a quick lunch and amidst the beautiful sunny weather, couldn't pass up on the opportunity to enjoy a pleasant meal on the beach. Aldon had already contacted a friend in unova who would lend him a diving suit to visit the ruins. Even going a step further to offer him a boat ride part of the way there, so long as he brought them a souvenir! A fair deal and one Aldon would not pass up.

He sat on the beach, toes in the warm sand, and even warmer food in hand.

$16,350
14x pokéballs
5x Super Potions
3x Full Heals
6x Oran berry,
C-Gear
Waterproof sleeping bag
Travel cooking supplies
Portable tent
Hiking and archeology tools

Last edited:

"Alright use Low Sweep!" The boy called out, as his Machop cried and attempted to close in and swing with its leg to knock the Poliwag off its feet. However...

"Stop him with Mud Shot!" The girl cried out, as Poliwag seemed to scoop up some dirt and fired a condescend sphere of mud at high speeds which struck Machop in the chest and stunned the Fighting type. Adrianne and Aqua had watched the action unfold between these young trainers and while Adrianne of course had been psyched about the battle Aqua winced a bit at the blows. Aqua seemed to find the attacks scary, and wondered how it could ever compete with things like this but as it seemed to quiver it felt a familiar stroke on the head as it looked up at Adrianne.

"Take a good look Aqua. These guys don't just fight for the sake of it, but for the fun. The competitive thrill of putting their bond and strategies against each other, and the fun is not only between trainers." Adrianne explained, pointing a finger towards the two fighting Pokemon as Aqua took a closer look and noticed something.

The Machop and the Poliwag both had smiles on their faces, and much as they traded good blows with one another; a firm Mega Punch to the face from the Machop to the Poliwag which had been met by a barrage of Bubble Beam in kind, they both seemed to be enjoying themselves and even the trainers appeared to be having fun with this.

"That's what it's all about I feel. It's not about beating someone jut to feel good about yourself, but finding the fun in a challenge. Getting stronger and more in sync with your partner as you both grow together...and that's what I want with you, what I know we can achieve together." Adrianne said as she seemed to speak with an earnest tongue and a smile. "But it's only fun if you want it to, that's something you'll have to decide yourself. I'll support whatever you decide if this just isn't your taste...but know there's nobody else I'd rather do this than with you."

Aqua seemed touched by the words, even after it embaressed and let Adrianne down she still seemed to show so much faith in it. As the Poliwag landed a critical blow to take down the Machop, tears had began to well in its eyes as Adrianne noticed this and had a look of concern.

"H-hey hey something wrong? Aw jeez don't cry I..." Adrianne had began to say before Aqua bounced up and landed on her chest. Caught by surprise Adrianne managed to catch the Azurill and hold her up as the latter seemed to nuzzle and hug against her, a wide smile on its face as those tears seemed to be tears of joy. It was honestly the most precious visual Adrianne had ever seen.

"S-so, does that mean you are willing to give this another try?" Adrianne asked.

"Zuril!" Aqua said with an emphatic nod, if Adrianne was with it and believed in it the Azurill would be sure to give it its best effort. Smiling herself, Adrianne returned the hug thankful it seemed to light a spark in its sheepish partner.

"Alright then, let's explore and see if we can find someone to who what we can do!"

"A-azurill!'​

Esther
Friday – Morning July 1
Route 4
Kalos Region​
Team On-hand: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Pariparisithea (Munna), Tarrah Ta’Ella (Bounsweet), Kasriel Ikaros Svelinka Sō (G-Zigzagoon), Bâquîle Nâva (Goomy)
In Esther’s care: Houndour​

‘We’re gonna rush through?’ Esther frowned at the suggestion. That seemed...unwise. The Oblivian wasn’t worried about her own safety, in fact, if she were alone, she wouldn’t have been bothered in the slightest. Between Pyrrha and Nâva she could maintain a protective canopy over herself as she fled, but her companions? That would be tricky. She grimaced. Would Nico and Monty be, okay? Unless...

Thankfully, it never came to that. The red swarm’s goal was not them, but rather the scattered Combee. Esther found herself both relieved and disappointed. Guess her hair-brained scheme wouldn’t yet see the light of day. All’s well that ends well.

Esther
Friday – Noon July 1
Santalune City
Kalos Region​
Team On-hand: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Pariparisithea (Munna), Tarrah Ta’Ella (Bounsweet), Kasriel Ikaros Svelinka Sō (G-Zigzagoon), Bâquîle Nâva (Goomy)

The journey to Santalune—well, what remained it—was fruitfully packed with a whole lot of nothing. Neither hide nor hair nor tail nor scale of a pokémon could be seen. Not surprising, given the two super-swarms that were flying about, but still rather disappointing.

With nothing else to capture her attention, Esther turned to their latest traveling companion.

“Well met kind stranger, do you often rescue helpless maidens and goths from peril? Surely, your heroics a deserving of a reward, no? I’ve got a jar of honey marked for...ah, mademoiselle, quelle est votre nom?”

$3,000

Hand-woven kilt

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 19 (26yo)
Location: Ogi City, Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Brute Tooth the Barraskewda, Huntail, Gorebyss

Interactions: Desmond and Politoed (Godjacob), Aldon and Skol the Slowpoke (ThAtGuY101)
Mentions: Esther, Shellos, and Feebas (kyuukestu), Reina and Peque the Swampert (Hecotoro)

Oh, well, now she felt bad for bringing up the blood. Then again, she didn't want him to think she was babying him, so he hoped he took it as that. She didn't want to exacerbate his issues or cause problems either, though. Then again, he was a hard person to work with by virtue of being distant and- well... Acting a bit like a tsundere. Okay, a lot less dere, a lot more tsun. If anything, it was like he was trying to keep himself distanced from the others but he was still with the group. Granted, he was protected in this group, but maybe he does actually want to have some form of good memories and be social.

Hm... Quite the fascinating human. She's seen it in one of her Pokemon - always trying to play it cool and distance himself from others, including her, but didn't want to lose out on having connections.

Either way, Naka stayed near Desmond, twirling about as she looked up at the water's surface, then twirled around again to make sure she was traversing the ship properly. Naka couldn't help but smirk at Desmond's stubbornness. She was watching him and it was rather funny seeing him try to prove her wrong.

Good.

Naka followed the Politoed, smiling at the Corsola and waving at them, too. Her Wishiwashi stayed close by the humans, Iwa wishing she didn't have to use her ability Schooling. Thankfully, Naka's Barraskewda's mean mug kept most would-be attackers away as they were too cautious about the Barraskewda's teeth digging into their bodies and ruining their day. A few more pictures later and Aldon had found them.

Immediately, Naka's attention was pulled to the rock on Skol's paw. And then Esther's entrance by way of Mud Bomb, which had obscured her entrance for the moment, the girl swimming through with her Shellos to find her Feebas. Reina and her Swampert were near them. Looked like they had just converged into the same spot.

Desmond's comment had Naka chuckling, bubbles escaping her aqua-breather as she broke the seal around it and had to spit water out before using it again, not wanting to drown. "You should be a comedian on the side. People love cynical jokes." She looked at Desmond playfully before looking back at Aldon then his Slowpoke. "The ship does look incredibly old. I'd say you're right, considering I've seen boats like these in other regions. So, what's that on Slowpoke's arm? Mind if I help pull it off?"

In fact, she went to inspect it, practically putting her face into Skol's hand to determine what the hell the rock was before touching it, careful not to cut the Slowpoke with it by not pulling on it too hard.

"You know, if this were more twiggy and your Slowpoke a Galarian Slowpoke, you could probably trick a Shellder into biting its arm and you'd have a Galarian Slowbro. But I don't think you'd get a Galarian Slowbro from evolving a Kantonian Slowpoke this way." Naka chuckled, her mind wandering.

That was likely the worst decision she could have done at the moment.

A warning roar from her Barraskewda alerted Naka to two slithery Pokemon, and she snapped her head into that direction. A long blue one with orange fins and white spots. Gnarly teeth were wide open, but it was kept at bay from Barraskewda's open maw of warning. The one next to it was pink, barely had fins, and remnants of its shell from its pre-evolution were stuck to its chest. It was getting dangerously close to Barraskewda's body with that proboscis.

Huntail and Gorebyss.

One with primal battle lust; the other elegant and pristine in its savagery. Two sides of the same coin, yet diametrically opposed. They came from one Pokemon, didn't they?

Well, she wasn't going to say no to catching them. Pulling out two Net Balls, Naka grinned. "Alright, Brute Tooth. Let's keep our destruction to a minimum, yeah?" She looked back towards the other humans and their Pokemon, then the dilapidated structure they were in. It was already weakened. "Alright, Whirlpool to encase us in here." She looked back at Iwa, who was still beside Desmond. "Whirlpool so Brute Tooth's Whirlpool doesn't spread to the rest of the ship or pull anyone else in."

It was easier said than done, but it was something Naka had to teach them in order to protect her from numerous threats - or others from threats. Naka let go of Brute Tooth's reins, and he swam around as fast as he could, becoming a brown and red blur as he created a whirlpool around Naka and the two opposing Pokemon, who now couldn't flee. To prevent the whirlpool from sucking Aldon and Desmond in or from destroying the ship, Iwa swam underneath the spinning vortex of water to unleash her own Whirlpool from her mouth, her whirlpool going the opposite direction of Brute Tooth's own vortex and cancelling out the pull while still encasing the two Pokemon with Naka and Barraskewda. Now, there were two Whirlpools going the opposite directions, and with the mud swirling around, it looked pretty cool.

Neither can leave. That was good.

As Iwa swam back to Desmond and Aldon (wherever they went), Naka stood by her trout as the Huntail screeched at them both and the Gorebyss charged, her tail cloaked in water. The sound waves rippled towards trainer and Pokemon, and due to the nature of sound in water, it actually hurt. Naka's organs felt rather funny, and the Barraskewda growled. "Poison Jab!" Brute Tooth went for the Gorebyss first, his face becoming purple as he jabbed himself into the Gorebyss before it had enough time to twirl around and use its Aqua Tail. Brute Tooth's body then glowed a royal blue before three scales fired off. Two hit the Gorebyss dead on from point blank range, while the other smacked into the Huntail, who charged with darkness-cloaked teeth. Brute Tooth then swam up, the Huntail's Crunch having hit the Gorebyss on accident. Warbling and bickering amongst each other, the Barraskewda came back down on the two.

"Night Slash." Body becoming dark, edges shining and becoming longer, the Barraskewda became a blur once more and bashed the two Pokemon, the two Water-Types practically going limp for a moment. Thankfully, Night Slash wasn't a battle-ready move, so no blood was shed.

Naka then threw her Net Balls, the aerodynamics of such not reaching them until the Barraskewda came around and smacked them with his tail, the balls hitting the two Water-Types who tried to flee, only to be encased. They shook several times before finally clicking, and the Barraskewda swam quickly around in the opposite direction as his Whirlpool, the waters calming down around them.

Luckily, the boat didn't get anymore damage! And Naka scored two Pokemon she was going to use for research! Swimming over to collect them and put them in her pocket, she turned back to see if Desmond and Aldon were still there.

Nakano Saito​

Date: 1 Month Ago (26 years old); June 16
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Hanu the Infernape, Yuki the Froslass, Aero the Aerodactyl, Orochi the Zweilous

Interactions: Gwen Tucker (IDKWhatUserNameToDo), Ron Towers (Hecotoro)

At least Gwen got registered. Her question about Ron's Typhlosion biting him had Naka nearly chuckle, if it weren't for his denial of her request to help. At least he was okay and didn't see it as anything bad. She gave him the bandage and disinfectant wipes, answering his prior question. "Well, the Rotom Phone is rather attached to its former handler. I'm assuming the Rocket guy was actually nice to his Rotom and it's gotten rather upset that its not with him right now. If evil guys were crueler to their Pokemon, I wouldn't have an issue with beating them down to a pulp." She looked back down at Gwen, giving her a strained smile. "Not all bad people do bad actions all the time. Sometimes, they can even be caring to those who they are with. Why else do you think bad people work under or with other bad people? They can't all be unlikeable, or else no evil team will function properly." It was a rhetorical question, but she wasn't about to let her not answer that. It would be funny if she did.

On the topic of food, Naka beamed. "Hell yeah, I'm hungry. I could go for anything. Traditional style Sinnoh food, pizza. Hell, even a street vendor selling corndogs and fries. Ooo..." She paused, then chuckled. "Yeah, now I want corndogs and fries. Pretty sure there's one somewhere in Eterna City. I'll pay~." She practically sang, feeling a bit more comfortable with her group. "Our Pokemon should be done getting healed. If we're not here, we'll be waiting outside for you."

She noticed he didn't make any moves to give the reception his Typhlosion. Did she not like healing? It wasn't too terribly common, but it wasn't a rare phenomenon either. It was about as common as Pokemon not wanting to be in their PokeBalls.

Azumi Towers, July 1st, Santalune City, Kalos.

After having escaped without any injuries and meeting up with the rest of Monty's team, Azumi had walked with the group to Santalune City. It wasn't in her plans to go to such place, but nothing was. She was supposed to 'find her path', which meant she couldn't actually plan a path to follow. The gym challenge had been a suggestion, but such competition was never in her interest. Alas, she could hang out with the group of people she just met, maybe they would lead her to her destiny?

"Oh, je me'excuse, I forgot to properly present myself, I was caught up in the commotion." Azumi stretched her hand out to the group, willing to give everyone a handshake, including Monty, "Azumi Towers from Azure Bay, I'm currently a student at Académie de Justice in Lumiose City. This here is my loyal friend, Nana." She gestured towards the Gardevoir, who was still giving Monty a mean look. "Sorry, she's usually better behaved, the swarms of bug Pokemon might have made her upset."

The subject of the recent event made Azumi more curious as to why they were running around in such a place. They were most likely tourist, except Monty, but she figured at least he would know better than to be staying around such a dangerous area during the current time. He could be new to the place though, maybe having grown up further away from the city. One of them could be from Paldea, just based on his Pokemon alone. Though, she could just ask, instead of trying to play detective in her head.

"Sorry for intruding, but the curiosity is killing me, why where you guys fighting a swarm of Combee? Did no one warned you about being around them during this time of year?"

~Aldon...~

Aldon waved at Naka, then glanced overcat the pokémon that accompanied her. Quite the fearsome duo. Skol was looking at the many wishiwashi.

"Slo...!" Skol imagined himself surrounded by hundreds of slowpoke to make one giant slowpoke then let out a chuckle.

Aldon looked at Naka confused then at Skol.

"Arm? Whic- When did that get there?! Huh... Uuuughh... Sure! Sounds good" Aldon said getting a closer look at it's paw.

Skol gave a wide grin at Naka as looked at it's paw.

"Poke...!" Skol chimmed in, eagerly shaking around it's rock covered paw.

"A galarian slowbro, huh... but yeah. I met this lil guy just outside Azalea town near a well" Aldon.

Some more of the dirt slowly began to peel away ever so slightly revealing the edges of a king's rock. Aldon was noticing these little details, but stopped to look at what Barraskewda was noticing.

"Huh? What's what?!" Aldon said wondering what was going on. He looked around and eventually noticed the two sea serpents. A gorebyss and a huntail. Another fierce looking duo was making their way towards the old ship. Luckilly Naka managed to take care of the situation. Aldon sent out Wunder, his sigilyph in case Naka needed backup. Though it looked like Naka managed to catch them with relative ease.

"Sigil! Siiigil!" Wunder spun about. The sound of gears rotating could be heard moving around.

~Undella Town, June 16th...~

The meal with his pokémon went rather smoothly. There were all sorts of people on the beach having a good time. Lots of fish pokémon leaping from the ocean. A few bird pokémon flying overhead. A few wingull terrorizing beach goers as they stole food. A pelliper even managed to snatch up an entire magikarp in one go! Oh that fisherman must have been mad. Especially since it nearly flew off with his fishing rod which was still connected to the magikarp. His hook managed to pull out of the magikarp's mouth and free of the pelliper's flight. The man splashed around for a bit before pulling himself onto the docks and resuming his fishing. soaking wet and swearing, he resumed fishing. Aldon couldn't believe what he saw. For a moment, he also thought he saw a garchomp, but Aldon assumed he might have been looking at a feraligator.

Eventually Aldon's friend caled out to him. Aldon turned and grinned. His pokémon delighted and they were ready to head out. Aldon made sure he had all his gear. His wet suit on. His pokémon ready. He looked at his friend's boat on the far end of the pier. It was pretty easy to spot since it was the only boat that was out so far and the only one at that particular dock. He looked over at the boat.

"Sure, just gimme a sec! I'll be there in a minute!" Aldon called out.

"Just remember to bring back some souvenirs! Maybe snag a picture, maybe. and make sure you return my gear one good condition or your buying my new gear!" His friend said.

July 19, Tuesday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto. Reina, current rank, 34,107

"Esther!" Reina swam swiftly towards her friend, wonder why she was blowing up the ship. "I found this." She showed the Water Stone on her hand, "What are you up to? I think there's some commotion going on outside, but watching you rush in here, well, I'm confused."

She floated there holding on her Swampert. The water Pokemon meanwhile had his attention to another part of the area. He could hear the battle going on, ready to jump into action. That wasn't the only thing that had caught his attention either, he at least noticed the Feebas blasting by and was wondering what the situation was with it. Unfortunately, he couldn't leave Reina's side, in case the battle came to them or they had to go to it.

Reina looked around while she waited for an answer from her friend, only to find the reason of Esther's destructive behavior. There was that one water Pokemon she had captured before and of course she recognized the other one. Seadra. Claire's ace was the evolve form of it, so she knew it wasn't a Pokemon to take lightly.

"Peque, up front." Reina said, causing the Swampert to shift positions, putting himself in between the girls and the Pokemon, "Are we fighting that thing?"

Last edited:
Kaden couldn't help but grin a bit as Ezio used his own move combination against him again. Nyx had no chance of dodging the attack, but luckily she wasn't holding an item, but Knock off was still a super effective attack on her.

"Retaliate with a Dark Pulse!" and just as ordered, the three gems on Mismagius's body flashed red and gathered some dark mysterious energy before she launched a beam of black rings at the Kabutops. At least Kaden had two pokemon that would be very effective against this water-rock type pokemon, but one would be more preferable as rest of the Ruin maniacs pokemon were ground types.

Lara stared at the strange pokemon as well, though Toast let out a neutral huff. She took out her phone to scroll through out the pokemon catalog of possible nearby pokemon, but couldn't find anything like this appearing around Lake Miloch, "Hold on I'm looking-" she said as she cast her gaze back up every now and then as if to see if this odd... flying pokemon? She looked based on typing and other descriptions she put in and then she got a match.

"Ah, it looks like a Sigilyph. The Avianoid pokemon and a Psychic-Flying type. There's some speculation that they used to be guardians to ancient cities and use both their psychic powers to fly and to ward off any intruders," Lara explained as she read a quick abbreviated version of all the information there.

"Let's just make ourselves clear that we mean no harm to it-"

Gwen Tucker - 16th of June - Inside the Pokecenter, Eterna City, Sinnoh

Gwen listened to Naka, who seemed to be full of wisdom, and explained that perhaps not all team grunts were not inherently pure evil. Her words did make sense, but it was a lot for her to wrap her mind around. Especially after she just thought all grunts were mindlessly immoral.

"I guess that makes sense.. Rotom, or well - Percy does seem sad," the young blue haired girl said, twirling the phone in her hand before seemingly perking up when Ron suggested that they should go eat.

"Oh yeah! You should be fully ready before a big battle! Get a good night of rest, eat a meal, prep your items and pokemon," Gwen said, demonstrating her seriousness in what came to big battles like against a Gym leader. Honestly, she could feel some nervous butterflies in her stomach already. Or perhaps she was just hungry.

"Really? You'd pay for it?!" the young trainer said with big eyes, truly appreciative of Naka as well.. she blew most of her money on pokeballs earlier.

"Corn Dogs and fries sound really good,"

Ron, Eterna City, June 16th.

Ron nodded his head towards Naka and patted Gwen gently on the head as he prepared to leave. "I'll catch up, go ahead and start without me. Since Naka is buying, I'll take two." he smirked before turning around, "Don't want you taking peeks while I'm in there Naka!" He called out, joking to hide the fact that Furia's bite was starting to sting.

He stepped out of the Pokemon Center, he needed new clothes first. The shops wasn't pretty far either, usually in cities they tended to have the market area next to the Pokemon Centers, to ensure trainers got a good look at their wares while traveling through the place. There were several shops available, some more tempting than others to Ron's sense of fashion. He entered a store called "Scrafty Fashion".

Inside it was your typical skater, punk rock, emo, this isn't a phase sorta place. The local shop was illuminated by neon lights, making some bright colors stand out, like neon greens and pinks. Rock music was playing in the back, a famous band known as System of a Down, one of Ron's favorites. He went directly to the under shirts, of course looking for a black one, which was 99% of them. As he looked through them, trying to find one without some spunky design or a Gengar biting the head off some poor Pokemon, a feminine voice stopped his process.

"Can I help you?"

Ron looked in the direction of the voice, only to find the cashier looking at him with the energy of a Slakoth. She had neon orange hair with heavy purple eye shadows and bright black lipstick. Her bright pink bubble of gum popped as she waited for Ron to answer.

"Just, getting a new change of clothes." Ron nodded in her direction and turned back to the selection of his under shirt.

"You look familiar." The girl spoke up again.

Ron sighed, he just wanted to buy clothes. "Yeah, well, look around, I base my look on a lot of the artist on some of these bands." He didn't bother looking up, as he finally found a pure black muscle shirt.

"No, like your face. I've seen it." she looked down at her phone and quickly began scrolling through it.

Ron rolled his eyes, moving to the next section, pants. "Well, my face is pretty basic."

"No. That's not it." She said, her eyes reading quickly through the information provided by her phone. "I've seen you somewhere else."

Ron didn't reply, hoping she would drop the subject and the conversation all together. He had found some dark gray pants, which would be great, the issues was now finding one his size.

"Were you in a band?"

Ron closed his eyes, it seemed she wasn't going to let go of the matter. "Yes I was, while back now."

The girl smiled, "I knew it. I saw a video with you in it the other day."

Ron smirked, the good memories flushing back. It was around the time he was dating Whitney, thinking he could figure his life out while staying put in Goldenrod. Life was pretty simple, earning money through Pokemon battles, living with his roommate, spending most of his nights with his girlfriend and going to play with his band at a local bar. He sometimes wondered why he left, but the thoughts of his mother being killed helplessly in the same city he was passing out drunk, it tormented him. His obsession grew and before he knew it, he left. He couldn't stand around pretending he was okay, he wasn't going to be, not until he found out who and why.

"Yeah." Ron responded, taking that one pair of pants that had the same sizes as the ones he was currently wearing.

"You want to try them on?" The girl spoke up, leaning forward on her counter. "You can do so at the back."

"Thanks, I don't need to." He walked over to the next section, looking for something to wear over his muscle shirt.

The place had a really big selection on shirts. Long sleeves, short, sleeveless, all kinds of colors, designs and some that seemed to be way too big for the size on the tag. He finally settled on the flannel shirts, the most comfortable for his taste and able to shift during hot or cold weather. He was reaching out for a black with gray one, but he noticed one with a dark purple and black pattern. He knew it would be cheesy, but maybe Furia would feel a bit better if he wore her colors? He always went with blue while she was blue, but she was purple now.

"You got any hair dye?" He called out, picking out the the dark purple shirt from the rack, "Dark purple specifically."

The girl leaned even more over the counter, her feet dangling as they no longer touched the floor. "Over there." She pointed across the room and then rested her chin on her hand. "You changing your look?"

Ron nodded, "Yeah, for a friend of mine." He walked over to the counter, trying to avoid making eye contact with the employee as he set his new clothes next to her.

"She your girlfriend?"

"I don't have a girlfriend. She's my Pokemon, she's having a hard time right now."

"That's sweet. Oh wait, I remember now!" The girl looked excited as she jumped down from the counter and began flipping through her phone. "Flaming Infernapes?"

The mention of his former rock band made Ron look over his shoulder, "Yeah." He turned around, picking the hair dye box from the rest, taking a long look at it. He wasn't a big fan of purple.

"You guys rocked, what happened?"

"I had to go. Nothing big."

Ron sighed as he began to put the hair dye back, when a blast from the past reached his ears. There was no doubt that was his drumming, joined by the guitar and bass that he had grown to love every time they played together. He remembered when they wrote that, their vocalist was very heart broken and was bent on expressing her pain through the song. He remembered Furia curled up on her pillow, always present when they practiced. He remembered when he hooked up with the vocalist and the band was more united then ever. Then things started going south when she went back to the one responsible for the song and he started dating Whitney. He remembered the bar fights that came afterwards, their guitarist struggling with an addiction problem and their bass player going broke and having to ask for money every time they got together. Ron laughed, thinking how broken up they were but were able to unite as one when they played, how after each gig they would party as if everything was fine. Then they would wake up, remember their issues and mop around until they started playing again.

If I'm a bad person, you don't like me
Well, I guess I'll make my own way.
It's a circle, a mean cycle
I can't excite you anymore
Where's your gravel, your jury
what's my offense this time.

"Yeah, that's me." Ron said, a smile on his face as he placed the hair dye on the counter. "Charge it to my phone please."

The girl smiled and scanned his phone, before once again leaning forward. "I can add my number to your phone also, in case you're sticking around. There's some bands playing tonight, one of them could use a drummer. We, could definitely use you."

Ron shook his head, trying not to laugh, "What's your band called?"

"Rocket Rebels."

"Terrible name." Ron said as he gathered his things, "But, yeah, I'll let you know if I'm staying in town. Would be nice to play again."

The girl leaned back with a grin on her face, "Okay. I'll send you our playlist."

Ron nodded towards her once more and left the clothes store. He looked at the hair dye as he walked back to the Pokemon Center, "Don't worry Furia, I won't let us fall apart."

Pervert

Desmond listened as Aldon seemed to provide a bit of an eloquent little note about the ship after Esther used her Shellos to crash the party as it had been and once more Desmond was amazed at the headspace of Aldon.

"Suppose we can only guess. Perhaps I'll run some pictures I take here with an expert if I desire to know the age of it." Desmond mused to Aldon, he had to admit that in spite of his...unique aspects, he always seemed to enjoy Aldon's company. For what reason he had yet to decide but he had not been about to complain.

Politoed watched as many of the Horsea seemed scared off by the sudden wall of the ship being blasted in, it even startled the frog type itself but Skol seemed to show no reaction. The Frog Pokemon had to admit its ability to keep cool under pressed seemed to be quite the talent it possessed.

His little joke seemed to cause Naka to laugh a bit as she had to struggle to adjust her breather as she seemed to compliment his "cynical" comedic style. "If you are hoping I'll provide a "greatest hits" then I would lower such expectations."

Course Desmond's tone seemed to have taken a new turn as Naka's Pokemon noticed a couple of "guests" on top of Reina and her Swampert who also decided to join the party.

Huntail and Gorebyss!

"Oh just great!" Desmond cursed a bit taking a moment to adjust his breather before he had swam back and Politoed moved protectively in front of his partner as Naka seemed to decide to take these two on. Good, he'd rather someone else handle it as he noticed Iwa swim over by him and Aldon as Politoed smiled at it but kept a guard in case Naka failed to contain the two hostile Pokemon ahead of them.

Thankfully it seemed to be a success, and soon she captured them as Desmond allowed himself to sigh in relief. Aldon seemed to release his Sigilyph to aid Naka but that proved uneeded. So The Sigilyph simply had spun around as Politoed seemed enamored by this and clapped happily. "Poli~!"

Adrianne and Aqua had walked around the forest as they tried to see if they'd be able to spot any Pokemon. Aqua seemed a bit sheepish, but it had a more determined resolve than before as it bounced cutely on that bouncy ball tail of its own. Adrianne tried to keep her eyes peeled, given how quickly they found a Pidgey she hoped they'd be able to discover something else here but it had been about 8 minutes and so far it all seemed quiet.

"Man, figured this island would be crawling with Pokemon." Adrianne muttered, as Aqua hoped beside her and seemed to note its partner's frustration, as she moved to snuggle by her foot. Adrianne had picked up on this, glancing down at her as soon a smile crossed and she patted its head.

"Thanks buddy~"

"Azu!"

"SPEAR!"

A sudden and rather loud noise had caught their attention, and out of the bushes out came a Spearow who seemed to have a perpetual scowl on its face and looked upon the pair as it flexed up its wings and cried out as if to try and intimidate them. Aqua of course seemed to have worry while Adrianne had quickly pulled out her Pokedex.

"Spearow, the Tiny Bird Pokemon. Very protective of its territory, it flaps its short wings busily to dart around at high speed."

"Alright looks like it wants a fight~" Adrianne said with a smile as she had began to get pumped up, but before she committed she glanced at the nervous Azurill and looked it eye to eye. "Hey you up for this? I won't go through with it if you don't desire to."

Aqua listened to this and had taken a deep breathe. She knew she needed to stand tall here, her partner showed so much faith in her that she needed to prove she could stand beside her. In spite of its worries, it bounced forward a bit and had gotten into a battle stance. It had a nervous look but it tried to shake it off as she nodded back to her partner. "A-azurill!"

"Alright, that's the spirit~!" Adrianne said and as Spearow seemed to accept the challenge and moved across from them, her first Pokemon battle began and she aimed to strike quickly.

"Alright Aqua use Water fun!" Adrianne called out, as the Azurill nodded and fired a powerful stream of water from its mouth as it aimed to strike the Spearow who in turn seemed caught off by the speed and had been struck right into the chest as it cried out but remained standing as its feathers now seemed to drip with water.

"Good job, hit it one more time!" Adrianne called out, as she figured one or more good shots should've gotten it in position for a capture, and Aqua reponsed as it fired the Water Gun again however this time Spearow seemed ready for it as it flew over to dodge it before it dove down and struck Aqua in the chest with a diving Peck attack.

"Azu!" Aqua cried out as it rolled and was knocked back taken off her bouncy tail.

"You okay!?" Adrianne asked as Aqua had a tear in her eye but worked to hop back on her ball-like tail and nodded back. "A-azuril!"

"Alright, try Water Gun and shoot it out of the sky!" Adrianne called out, as Aqua nodded and fired a pair of shots into the air but the Spearow seemed to sway in the air at tree level and avoided each one, worse still it seemed to build momentum and prepared to strike again with another Peck attack.

Adrianne bit her thumb as she tried to think. Aqua lacked many moves at this stage, Splash was...useless, for lack of a better word, and Tail Whip seemed to not be helpful at this stage as she worried about Aqua taking another hard hit. Sing might work but given how fast this Spearow was she figured she couldn't get vocals off in time as it closed faster and faster. Then Adrianne seemed to find inspriation.

"Aqua! Bounce over it and strike with Water Gun!" Adrianne called out as she aimed to take advantage of Aqua's bouncy tail, and the Azurill seemed to understand as just before the Spearow's beak had made contact Aqua bounced over and fired a stream of water from above. The Spearow lacked time to dodge as it was struck by the blow and the force of it caused the Spearow to crash right into a tree! Spearow slumped down, but shakily worked its way back to its feet as Aqua landed on her tail as damage was visible as it panted but it seemed unwilling to give.

"This is my chance!" Adrianne called out as she quickly produced a Pokeball and tossed it right at the Spearow, as a light clicked and enveloped the Bird Pokemon as it was sucked inside. The ball rolled along the ground once...twice....and three times! Before an audible "click" sounded and signaled a successful capture. Overjoyed Adrianne walked over with Aqua and held the Pokeball high as a smile had grown ear to ear.

"We did it buddy, we captured our first teammate~!" Adrianne cried out as Aqua smiled wide happy she managed to aid in this capture and had won its first battle.

"Azurill~!"

Montagne Khastil
July 1 - Santalune City, Kalos

The Académie de Justice? Fuck, could he have chosen more poorly? No wonder he got such a professional vibe from this chick; she was a fucking cop in training! Prim and proper, from her demeanor to her career choice. She was from Azure Bay? That put some pieces together; she must be rich, too.

And what was up with the mean-mugging he was getting from her pokémon? Hana's glare could give Oracle a run for her money, and the Gardevoir had hardly lifted it the entire way to Santalune. Maybe it was just stuck-up, and couldn't hide it as well as her rich-girl trainer. Whatever.

Monty casually waved away Azumi's apology for Nana's glare. "Pas de probléme, I'm used to it by now." The criminal gestured to his own partner, and the Absol glared up at him as if to prove his point.

"Esther and I-" Monty gestured to his fiery-haired companion. "-are teaming up for a novice tournament in Camphrier. When such a chance to practice our teamwork presents itself, how could we run by?" He grinned and gave Esther a teasing look as he added, "'Course I probably wouldn't have stopped for the honey, but sa moxie doit être contagieuse."

Ezio quickly analyzed the situation. Deeming Dark Pulse as a non-threat at the moment, he decided to take the hit. "Swords Dance!" After Erode took the hit, he slashed the air in front of him as multiple light blue swords showed up and circled around him, before pointing at the Kabutops as his attack raised sharply.

"Aqua Jet!" Erode got surrounded im water again as he dashed towards Nyx, attempting to slam her down before attacking with a more powerful move.

--------

Nicole looked at the Sigilyph and let go of Cassidy's Pokéball before taking a step back, causing the Pokémon to move closer. As she took a step forward, the Pokémon went backwards. The Psychic type was maintaining a distance between the two of them, yet did not appear hostile.

"What is it doing?" Nicole asked, tilting her head as Sigilyph copied her. It was like looking in a very weird mirror.

Kaden raised his eyebrows. Swords dance was not good news at all and he had to try and exert more pressure, "Nyx! Magical leaf!" the coordinator shouted. It was a move that was way out of practice for the Mismagius, but he had to do something, but hopefully the grass type move should be still able to cut through the Aqua Jet and hit Erode. Or that was at least what Kaden hoped for. At least he still had Raiten in the back to handle the Kabutops in case Nyx were to faint.

The Magical pokemon twirled its tasseled sleeves around as it summoned leaves with colorful aura around them and attempted to shoot them at Erode.

Lara couldn't help but chuckle slightly, mostly at the Sigilyph copying Nicole's moves, but at least this early morning had proven itself to be fun, "It looks to be copying you, but at least this Sigilyph doesn't appear hostile. Suppose we just need to keep an eye out that we accidentally don't go anywhere that its guarding," the reporter said and looked at the Avianoid pokemon. As for Toast... He just continued to stare ahead without seemingly looking at anything in particular, nor particularly phased by this strange flying type. Lara took a mental note to try and photograph this peculiar Sigilyph, but maybe not in this particular moment. She didn't want to spook it accidentally when it appeared to be passive.

July 19, Tuesday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto, Eveline

Eveline had been underwater for a while, and yet she hadn't run out of breath ye- oh wait, there was the kicker. She felt her chest tighten, her mouth opening as air bubbles flowed from it. She would quickly begin swimming back upwards, barely making it in time as she emerged from the depths, gasping for air as she paddled over to Conquest desperately. They looked at their trainer with some concern, but not nearly enough for them to bother moving over to Eveline. She dug this hole, she had to swim out. After sitting back on top of Conquest, Eveline would feel her face... shit, her makeup all got washed off. There was no way she was going down there where people could see her, which sucked, she didn't even get to find anything down there! So much for getting out of this situation without being in financial trouble... she had an image to upkeep, and there was no way questions wouldn't be asked if she didn't have on any makeup. She came up with... some sort of solution, for now at least. She used one of her nails (thank god she was a mess this morning, normally she trimmed them on Tuesday) to tighten her sunglasses' arms, then used her sunglasses to press her hair against her face, and since it was wet, there would likely be no questions at all. However... she still wasn't going back down there, she was never a fan of swimming for the previously stated reasons, so Eveline returned Ruination from above the water, then sat on Conquest, lightly petting them as they growled with both a sense of slight agitation, but also slight happiness.

July 19, Tuesday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto, Genevieve

Gene continued her antics with attempting to become one with the ocean, but Sticky Fingers tired out way too quickly due to the incoming tides. If they had started further into the water, then there wouldn't have been an issue. It also would help if Gene knew how to actually swim, but that was a separate issue entirely. However, a Kricketune would approach them after the 37th time they attempted entry into the waters. Gene would get up, then tilt her head again at the bug fren. She would give the bug fren headpats, then with even more fervor, fling her body into the tides, which sent her a good... 6 inches further than before. As you would guess, this wasn't much of an improvement, and they soon washed back up onto shore for the 38th time. At least she seemed to be enjoying herself...? At the very least, she wasn't getting hurt.

Last edited:
Kricketune (It's a Pokemon, course it is unranked)

Kricketune seemed to turn its attention back to the kid, as Gene patted its head which Kricktune seemed to hum a bit to as it appreciated the affection. However, Gene seemed to toss herself back into the water much to Kricktune's worry as she drifted back along the tide, but it seemed she was having fun and had been avoiding injury so...the Kricktune presumed things were okay.

Noticing that the one nicknamed Sticky Fingers seemed to be tired, it swam a bit to it and seemed to ask if it needed some help. "Tune?"

"And it is done. Your Pokemon avoided any major injuries and should be good to go. We wish you a safe journey~"

There had been a certain advantage to catching a new Pokemon close to a Pokemon Center as Adrianne discovered, one could quickly double back there to heal up her party and its new addition and that had just sped up the whole process. Adrianne thanked the nurse as she quickly moved outside the Pokemon Center and had released her two Pokemon: Aqua, and the recently captured Spearow.

Aqua bounced a bit and seemed happy, having fully recovered from its first battle as it greeted Adrianne with a warm smile.

The Spearow in turn, seemed to have an intense gaze. That scowl seemed to remained as it glanced up at its new partner. Aqua seemed to almost be a little nerved by the serious aura this bird seemed to radiate but Adrianne just seemed to be giddy as she had on a somewhat comfortable rock by them.

"All right now that you are new to the group I figure some introductions would help you get settled in. Name is Adrianne, and this is my partner Aqua. I hope we can become good friends and have many fun adventures together." Adrianne said with a gleam in her eye.

The Spearow in turn still seemed to have that intense expression, as if it tried to get a measure of the girl. It glanced over and saw a nearby tree stump as it seemed to sparkle with inspiration, as it had flown over and used a powerful Peck to split a crack right along the base as a clean cut through it had been visible and Aqua seemed startled.

T-this one was scary!

Spearow seemed to be pleased with itself, Adrianne had sworn it saw almost a smirk as it flapped up to her lap and looked its trainer in the eye. Perhaps it expected Adrianne to be wowed or even a bit intimidated by its display and while Adrianne smiled showing she had been impressed her overall reacted had been a surprise to it.

"Pretty good move there, though I should remind you that in a real fight stumps don't fight back. So gotta be careful not to get ahead of yourself all the time." Adrianne tried to advise, using words that funny enough her dad referred to her from time to time. Guess she sensed a sort of kinship with this one as the Spearow blinked a bit before a gruffed "Spear" sounded as it moved back down by Aqua and both faced her.

"Let's see here, according to the Pokedex it says you are male. Hum, what would be a good name..." Adrianne said, as she referenced her Pokedex entry on this Spearow and seemed to mill over some ideas. Then, as she saw what seemed to be a plane high overheard as she glanced at the sky she had been struck by inspiration and looked her Spearow in the eye.

"Hey, how does the name Ace sound? Kinda like ace pilots who fly high in the sky, plus could work to try and be the ace of the team~!" Adrianne said with a smile as the Spearow seemed to mill over the words and soon enough it looked up and seemed to nod. Yeah, that seemed to sound fitting~

"Spearow."

"Great~! Well, we've got a long road ahead of us. I say we see if we can find another contender for the WCS here and try to bump our ranking a bit, would also help us get some practice in." Adrianne suggested as she figured she could take advantage of her stay on this island and both Pokemon nodded as she returned both and soon had began her exploration.

~Aldon...?~

~Undella Town, June 16th...~

Mantine and alomomola were leaping from the water below and swana were flying in the air above as Aldon headed out to his next adventure. His pokémon spread across the boat's deck observing the waves and pokémon fly and swim by. Well except for Huck and Bolly, thee two ground types whom sat in the center together keeping each other company and avoiding the ocean. It woulda been nice if this adventure had taken place in the desert or in the mountains where there wouldn't be such large bodies of water to deal with.

The boat was on autopilot and was steering straight ahead. His friend was down inside the boat enjoying a sandwich and was just about to head up to check on the others. Aldon had been tossing bread he had gotten from the bakery at passing by bird pokémon. It certainly passed the time. Skol on the other hand, kept eating the bread himself instead of giving it to the birds, despite Aldon telling him multiple times it was just for the birds.

"Hey guys! We're here! Aldon, check it! Come up, real quick" The man said.

"Be there real quick!" Aldon got up and jogged over to see what he was referring to. See those rocks over there...? We're nearing our stopping point. Your gonna have to travel the rest of the way on your own. You got the equipment I let you borrow, so hop to it! I'll be doing some deep sea fishing!" He said.

"Sounds great! Thanks for everything!" Aldon said. He gathered all his pokémon. Skol and Wunder were the only two left out of their pokéballs. Skol began to slowly lean over the guard rail, staring at his reflection. No doubt eager to swim, or did Skol mistake his reflection for another slowpoke? It was hard to tell with Skol sometimes, but without warning, the pink pokémon, without warning fell out of the boat and splash into the ocean. Skol began paddling around and in circles before Aldon came flying off on the back of his trusty sigilyph, Wunder. "That way!" Aldon called out.

Ripples were made on the waters surface as it flew in the direction Aldon had pointed. Skol following behind. They headed in that direction for a few minutes before Aldon could see the tip of the ruins poking out of the water. Upon reaching the ruins. He found himself getting closer and closer then they stopped. Wait. They stopped?

"Wunder...? What's goi- Gahhh!" Aldon yelped, startled and caught off guard as the sigilyph stopped midair and fell straight into the water. Aldon flopped around like a psyduck before regaining his composure. Skol was staring at a basculin that had for some reason decided to bite down on his tail! The audacity!!! Skol didn't even seem to mind, and hardly even reacted. The fish turned and looked at Aldon as if flabbergasted. It hadn't expected such a behavior. It looked at the sigilyph and didn't know what to do, so it turned tail and fled. After a solid minute of looking around, Aldon decided the best place to go now was down!

Last edited:

"Try and dodge it!" Ezio shouted. Although he was no fool and knew Magical Leaf never missed, he hoped to land a hit before his Kabutops would go down. He was willing to trade Pokémon, as long as that Mismagius would go down.

Erode spun around the leaves, going in a swirling fashion as leaves cut through some of the water before trying to slam into the Mismagius. Hopefully the Swords Dance would be enough.

"Why though?" Nicole asked, unable to understand the Psychic type. She kept moving her arms and head, only to be copied by the Sigilyph. It was admittedly a weird sight, but she needed to know why this Pokémon acted the way they did. They had caught her attention, and now she had to know the fine details about it.

"I kind of want to film this one instead of the Swablu." She admitted.

Esther
Johto Region​
Team On-hand: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Pariparisithea (Munna), Halay-Alae (Houndour), L’ Basseau (Surskit), Unnamed (Shellos) In Esther’s care: Feebas​

Esther flinched as Seadra bristled with hostility. The sea-dragon pokémon turned from the panic-stricken Feebas to assess the new intrusions to its nest and its eyes came to settle on Peque. It obviously saw the Swampert as the biggest threat.

With slow, deliberate movements Esther tried to gesture a message to Reina. A simple plan. Reina would distract the Seadra while Esther snuck around to get Feebas.

Esther wasn’t sure if Reina got the full message, but they’d have to make do since Seadra chose that moment to attack! Its fins fluttered and its body revved into a spin, draconic energies stirring the water into a whirlpool with «Twister»!

The pull of the whirlpool was powerful and Esther was forced to cling to a ship’s walls, she could imagine the fate of anyone or anypoké unlucky enough to get swept up. The thought made her shiver.

$5330

Seal Case

PokéFlute

Clip-on roller skates

Hand-woven kilt

July 19, Tuesday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto. Reina, current rank, 34,107

Reina looked at Esther and smiled. She was itching to get into a fight with such a Pokemon and it seems it thought the same thing. Peque growled as the opponent began to attack. He swam ahead, leaving Reina behind, only to be met by a Twister attack. The whirlpool began to pull all parties in, specially Peque, who had swam straight forward towards the Seadra.

"Protect!" Reina called out, bracing herself to enter the watery trap if Peque didn't stop it in time.

The Swamper allowed himself to be sucked into the vortex, only to spread his arms open and create a protective barrier around him, interrupting the flow of the water and ending the Twister attack. The water Pokemon didn't stop there, leering at the Seadra, it covered its fist in ice, swimming like a torpedo towards it, ready to knock it downwards with Ice Punch.

"Go!" Reina told Esther, as she regained her position, her eyes watching the enemy for their next movement.

Esther
Friday – Noon July 1
Santalune City
Kalos Region​

Esther tuned out of the conversation pretty quickly. Monty and Azumi kept slipping into Kalosian and while she still remembered the basics from school like ‘what is your name’, anything else was beyond her.

So rather than haphazardly muddle through their conversation, Esther turned to tour the city of Santalune. It was a smaller city than Lumiose, but nevertheless far larger than her home of Aqua Resort; however, Esther found herself beaming when she spotted a fountain in the city center. She’d give Pyrrha a short bath in it later, but first, they had come to Santalune for a reason, and although Azumi was a darling, Esther would rather get things done instead of listening to her. and Monty prattle in a language she could barely understand. So she pivoted on her heels and addressed the Kalosin duo.

“Hey...so do you know where the gym is?

$3,000

Hand-woven kilt

Nakano Saito​

Location: Ogi City, Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Brute Tooth the Barraskewda, Huntail, Gorebyss

Interactions: Desmond and Politoed (Godjacob), Aldon, Wunder the Sigilyph, and Skol the Slowpoke (ThAtGuY101)
Mentions: Esther, Shellos, and Feebas (kyuukestu), Reina and Peque the Swampert (Hecotoro), Seadra

As Naka swam back to her new friends (well... acquaintance when it came to Desmond), Naka remembered what Aldon and Desmond had to say before she got pulled away to fight some Water-Types. It was like prior conversations were set in a file in her mind that she can go back to and read or listen to. "I can tell it's a Kantonian Slowpoke. The Galarian ones have a yellow tipped tail, a yellow spot on its head and ears, and is a bit of a brighter pink. Plus, they are just Psychic-Types, so they don't do as well in water environments." Realizing she turned into a walking dictionary, she chuckled sheepishly. "Ah, uh, don't mind me being a Pokedex for a moment. I get like that sometimes." When she finally got a good look at the muddy rock around Skol's Slowpoke, she beamed. "Heyy, it's a King's Rock! Amazing find! Oh." Naka saw something in her peripherals and nearly didn't notice the Avianoid Pokemon there. "Hello, Sigilyph." She waved at the floating Psychic/Flying-Type, not wanting to have the poor thing get forgotten.

She remembered the 'greatest hits' joke Desmond said earlier, and she just grinned. The Wishiwashi swam back to Naka's side, feeling a bit better about their current condition. "You know, your job and traveling is a great way to get some wonderful material. Bit of a niche community when it comes to more cynical jokes, but you can certainly do well in a stand-up."

Then, she heard something off in one of the ship's corridors. It sounded like a battle was happening. She hummed, grabbed the reins of her Barraskewda, and swung the reins, causing them to snap on the fish's harness and taking her towards one of the corridors, where she found Reina and Esther battling a Seadra. Preventing the Twister from pulling her in through the broken door frame and into the corridor, she had Barraskewda swim back to Aldon and Desmond. She was sure Reina's Swampert and Esther's Shellos can handle it. "Think we should head back up to shore? Not sure if there's anything else here to look at."

Nakano Saito​

Date: 1 Month Ago (26 years old); June 16
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Hanu the Infernape, Yuki the Froslass, Aero the Aerodactyl, Orochi the Zweilous

Interactions: Gwen Tucker (IDKWhatUserNameToDo)
Mentions: Ron Towers (Hecotoro)

Naka knew the concept of black and white ideology was going to be hard to understand to a young girl. She was her age once, and still saw the world in a black and white lens until a few years ago. She remembered when she had gotten her Deino, how betrayed she felt for it. Maybe she can give Gwen some insight. Naka found herself chuckling at Gwen's excitement for the battle. At least she knew how to prepare for one properly.

"Let's hope I can sleep tonight then. If we're fighting tomorrow." Which... That wasn't just a joke, there was some kernel of truth in that. At Gwen's incredulousness, she chuckled, nodding. "Then let's get some." Ron's joke had Naka gasp in mock irritation, only to shake her head and chuckle, dropping the act just as quickly. "Fine, can't keep the man away from his food. I'll get ya two." When he joked about not peeking, she laughed. "Hey, I'm a lot more decent than that, goofball."

As Ron left, Naka went back to the counter as Naka's and Gwen's names were called by the nurse. Walking over, Naka grabbed her PokeBalls, and scooted the tray closer to have Gwen grab her Pokemon. "Thank you, Nurse Joy." She smiled, the Nurse Joy bowing politely in gratitude and wishing them a good rest of their day.

"Alright, let's go get some food." Naka then walked out of the Pokemon Center, looking up and down the street to find a vendor, to which she did. She recalled Ron going the other way, so it was likely she'll have to wave at him to get his attention. Making sure Gwen was with her, Naka walked down the street towards it. "I understand the idea of 'if they're baddies, then they must be all bad'. I used to think that way too when I was your age. Even just several years ago when I was twenty, I didn't realize that there's a lot more..." She wanted to say 'nuance', but was unsure if she'd get that. "Depth, I guess, to how people are. There's a lot more to people than what we see when we first see them. You can still do bad things and still be a sweetheart to others. People are just very complicated, but you'll see that and learn that as you get older. The earlier you start, the better you can read people. I hope you learn this before you're twenty." She laughed, chuckling a bit sheepishly. "That's like... What nine or ten years before you get there, so you have plenty of time." She chuckled, waiting to see if Gwen would say anything before she made her move to pay for their food.

Upon seeing Ron leave the clothing store, she waved at him, letting him know where they were.

"Hmmm..." Azumi considered the excuse Monty gave for having jumped into Combee territory, not the greatest of them all, but it was a way to train, she supposed. "Well, we do have a lot of trainers in Kalos, don't think risking your lives is worth a training session."

While they were talking, besides leaving Azumi hanging, they were admiring the city. It wasn't a place Azumi frequented much, but moving around wasn't a big issues. She did have a Rotom Phone with a GPS system and was able to read the signs in the native language that signaled the location of different places. Esther seemed distracted while Monty seemed to be trying to be on Azumi's good side, which she though it was completely unnecessary, for he wasn't on her bad side. Her thinking process was broken by the Oblivian's question.

"I believe if we keep walking down this main street, it will lead us to the GYM." Azumi replied, pointing down the road, "Usually we have our cities set up to have the GYMs in a center area, make it easy for tourist and trainers to find them. The GYM in Lumiose is a good example of that, hard to miss it."

Azumi hadn't considered challenging the local GYMs. She believed her team was in good shape to attempt it, but the end goal was never the Pokemon League, that wasn't the reason she wanted power. But, she could learn from the famous leaders and maybe even those challengers that make it all the way through. It was quite amazing how some were able to beat eight of the best trainers in Kalos and then face each other in a tournament. Fighting a GYM leader wasn't something new to Azumi though, the Battle Chateu, besides providing great training sessions, was known for being frequented by the best in Kalos, including GYM leaders. She had to admit though, the way they battled at the Chateu was completely different compared to the battles she had seen at their televised GYM challenges.

"If you two are challenging the GYM, and I must apologize if this sounds rude, but I would like to watch you two battle, of course if it's not an inconvenience. I've seen these GYM leaders use all kinds of Pokemon in different levels and I am curious to see how they will challenge you both." She gestured towards Monty and his teammate, "For example, the way your Absol battled earlier, was splendid, definitely a menace on the battlefield. I must know what kind of strategy Viola would use against such an opponent."

Azumi didn't stop there, her determination to learn more was erupting from her soul, turning her attention to Esther. "You're dragon, despite the bigger and faster opponent, put up a wonderful fight. I couldn't tell who was going to walk out winning, your strategy to use Dragon Tail to hide, was genius. I'm sure you have something thought up for the upcoming bug Pokemon, which I am really eager to see."

As she kept talking, they finally reached a small curve on the street, the GYM coming up at the end of it. It seemed to be a busy day, people were gathered around it, buying snacks, balloons and heading inside to watch whatever Viola had on display for them. They even had some of her pictures, or copies, on display for the audience to adore. Some of the repeated ones, with Viola's autograph, were on sale. Azumi pointed at the building, at the same time as Nana. "There it is." She said while Nana began to drool at the sight of caramel popcorn.

~Aldon...~

Aldon watched as Naka swam back then gave a fairly useful description of the differences between Sko, a common Kantonese slowpoke and the galarian cousin featuring the gold and lack of water adaptation.

"No no... Don't mind me... If you wanna keep describing, I'm all for it. It's all fine by me. you know your subject well" Aldon said. Aldon He watched as Naka managed to get the rock off Skol's foot, then recognized it to be a king's rock.

"oh...! What luck, huh?" Aldon said. Skol looked at the king's rock closely. Skol tilted it's head forward and within seconds, Skol's whole body began to clue a shimmering white before abruptly fading back to pink.

"Let's save that for later, buddy!" Aldon said snatching the crown. Skol crossed its little arms and made a little pouty face as it stared into the void where the crown once floated.

"Siiiiiiiiiigil" Wunder cheerfully responded in a low rumbling sounding voice as Naka acknowledged it. Its wings flapped and its tail spun like a propeller.

Aldon watched the baraskweda swim over to the group. Aldon had never seen a baraskewda prior to meeting Naka so this one was new to him. He whipped out his pokédex. Luckily it was waterproof.

"Barraskewda! The Skewer pokémon! This Pokémon has a jaw that’s as sharp as a spear and as strong as steel. Apparently Barraskewda’s flesh is surprisingly tasty, too!" The dex read out.

"Huh..." Aldon commented before putting his dex away.

"Theres probably some more stuff down here, but I'm pretty contempt with what I foun-" Aldon was interrupted with Skol aggressively poking him.

"Okay, okay! I'm pretty contempt with the stuff that Skol found" Aldon said.

Skol grinned cheerfully.

$16,350
14x pokéballs
5x Super Potions
3x Full Heals
6x Oran berry,
C-Gear
Waterproof sleeping bag
Travel cooking supplies
Portable tent

Desmond watched as Naka returned to him and Aldon, as the sounds of battle indicated that Esther and Reina by extension had been locked into some struggle of sorts. Desmond worried he'd be pulled into this as Politoed had this natural itch to lend a hand, but as Naka investigated it and thankfully she seemed to presume Esther and Reina had it handled as she asked if they wished to return to the shore.

Desmond sighed in relief. Though as Aldon seemed to bump into a King's Rock, he took a chance to take a picture of it with his camera. Hey with a find like this he figured he needed to immortalize it before he faced Naka rolling her eyes at his comedic capacity.

"We can talk about my great comedy tour another day, for now I am ready to surface. Got several good shots of the haul's interior and I've seen all I desired to here." Desmond said as he answered Naka and Politoed smiled happily. It figured they needed to return soon anyway as it guessed Kricktune had gotten lonely in its Pokeball on the ship. Naturally it had been oblivious to the Bug Type's own misadventures.

As Adrianne walked along the island, she had seen a few lovely sights as the colorful and unique types of Pokemon that moved about here really captured her imagination. Butterfree with orange wings, unique design patterns on Paras and so much more! These islands really had been unlike anywhere else in the world and Adrianne had only scratched the surface on this journey of hers!

But, she had to focus. She'd have plenty of time to admire the sights, what she needed to see is if she could find another trainer. Whether they had been in the WCS like she or not, if she could find a trainer she'd be able to get a real test for herself and her current team which if she aimed to take down this formidable Orange Crew she'd need all the experience she'd be able to get.

And, if such a trainer just happened to be part of the WCS, she'd be able to possible up her ranking by whatever margin. Her being officially ranked was cool to see but such a large number next to her name was something she'd be eager to cut down.

Fate happened to be kind to Adrianne, just as she walked from the edge of the forest she bumped into a boy; a young man who seemed about her age with a tanned complexation, a slight pale skin and a mohawk that was dyed purple as he seemed to wear a rock attire of sorts. Quite the distinct visual, and this guy seemed to be wandering aimlessly almost as if he had been looking around in kind before their eyes seemed to lock a bit.

"Say, are you part of the World Corona..."

Both trainers had began to echo the same line, and once they realized that they paused as both seemed to understand the situation. The guy had a wide grin as he pulled a Pokeball which seemed to have a skull sticker upon it and grinned a bit.

"Finally, been searching this island all day for some opponents. What say you and I find out who is better? I could use a bump to my score." The man said as Adrianne matched his expression with a competitive smirk of her own.

"My my throwing out an invite without even giving a name? Such poor manners. Adrianne Silvers is the name and I am more than happy to accept the challenge~!" Adrianne declared as she seemed to use her Pokedex to display her WCS profile and ranking as he seemed to grin a bit.

"Aw a cheeky one huh? I like that, you can just call me Axe. And seems you are also starting out." Axe smiled, as he showed his own WCS score and profile as he also seemed to be in Normal CLass and his ranking had been comparable to that of Adrianne's: 96,098.

"Alright so um, how odes this uh work?" Adrianne asked, realizing that there needed to be some sort of system in place to make this "official" or something but just as she asked this a sort of light shinned on their Pokedexes as a signal seemed to be sent upon this confirmation. Silence fell in the air for about a minute or two as their devices each seemed to say "Drone deployed" which only caused an eyebrow to raise on Adrianne's end. A drone? What had that meant.

"Huh, you getting heads or tails of th..." Axe had began to say, before suddenly what seemed to be some sort of small creature came from the sky and descended above them. Adrianne glanced up, the general shape of the creature seemed to suggest it was a Rotom of sorts but this one seemed...different. This one had a green skin coloring and seemed to have these blue lifeless eyes to this as both she and Axe looked on a bit stunned.

"The following will be a 2 on 2 World Coronation Series match between Axe and Adrianne Silvers." The Drone Rotom explained, as Adrianne seemed to get the idea their devices signaled for it to come and this Pokemon would act as the battle judge for it; as it even had the ability to display these rules vis a holographic projection.

Either way, things seemed set as Axe moved on one side of the edge of the forest and Adrianne the other and both looked on with an eager determination in their gaze.

Esther
Friday – Noon July 1
Santalune City
Kalos Region​

The Oblivian waffled at the way the older woman emphasized the word GYM. Was there something special about the gym? The respect in Azumi’s tone was a marked difference from the frenzied fanaticism Esther had witnessed in Galar. As the goth thought back to her Galar experiences, she began to second-guess herself.

Was she really ready for something like a gym challenge?

She’d heard from Elsie that gyms scaled to the level of their challenger and honestly, Esther hoped it was true. Otherwise...yikes! Oh well, she’d understand once she got to the gym itself!

“Aww, thanks!” Esther blushed and squirmed beneath the praises. “I don’t really have a plan...yet. If we hurry then maybe we can catch one of the matches, I’d love to see what the gym leader is like before I battle them. Maybe I’ll even come up with a good plan!”

Esther didn’t wait. Her steps picked up, and a brisk walk turned into a light jog. Just as Azumi had said, the gym was immediately obvious, it was a large building with downright massive windows, each at least twice Esther’s height.

The Oblivian almost immediately found her nose pressed against the sun-warmed glass, where she could just peer through the windows to see an indoor battlefield where two trainers were engaged in a fierce battle. Their pokémon were a spindly blue creature with a yellow top and a brown-and-grey pokémon that looked like an obese and ugly buneary.

The fat bunny never stood a chance. The blue-long-limbed creature darted around the battlefield, confounding its opponents with a wake of after-images before a powerful burst of water erupted from its lone antenna and nailed the bunny; the move knocked the bunny out and out of the arena, and the referee’s flag fell, signifying the bunny trainer’s loss.

“WowoWOW! Hey, uh...how do you challenge the gym? Is there somewhere I need to sign-up, or...?”

$3,000

Hand-woven kilt

Nakano Saito​

Location: Underwater near Ogi City, Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto

Interactions: Desmond and Politoed (Godjacob), Aldon, Wunder the Sigilyph, and Skol the Slowpoke (ThAtGuY101)
Mentions: Esther, Shellos, and Feebas (kyuukestu), Reina and Peque the Swampert (Hecotoro), Seadra

As Aldon wanted her to continue, Naka's cheeks turned pink. Memories of how people made fun of her for her memory ability had her unsure if that was a good idea. "I'd rather not talk your ears off. But thanks." She muttered, unsure. At least Wunder was happy.

Naka did find it hilarious that Aldon denied his Slowpoke the chance to evolve and she had to make sure not to lose her aqua-breather (or her lungs) as she laughed. Only to then let out a sigh when he pulled out the Pokedex and it said something rather... Unflattering of Barraskewda. Yes, they were predators able to breach into the hulls of boats, but she'd rather a different description. "Yeah, and it can propel itself with its tail like a propeller at speeds of about a hundred knots, which is about 115 miles per hour or 185 kilometers an hour. Great for getting out of here." She conveniently left out the part where it uses this speed to ram and spear into things, as well as how it jumps into the air to viciously catch Wingull that fly too close, or to fight with pods of Finizen.

The Barraskewda wasn't too happy either, and he let out a sort of pouty groan as he swam over to Naka for some petting, hoping Aldon doesn't eat him.

Hearing that Desmond and Aldon were ready to leave, Naka smiled and made sure the reins were wrapped tightly around her hand. "Cool. Then let's get out of here." Getting the cue to, Barraskewda quickly took his trainer out through the doorframe of the boat, only letting them stop to let the others catch up, Iwa swimming close beside Desmond and Aldon to keep them company and giving them her protection.

Well, when she transformed that is, but that won't be until there was an actual threat.

Esther
Johto Region​

Esther clung tight to the ship's walls until the twister was disrupted, then watched—with some shock—as Reina’s pokémon went for an ice move...underwater.

‘Wait, wouldn’t that just—‘

As if on cue, Peque’s fist began to freeze over before it had even reached the Seadra, equipping the Swampert with a kind of ice-cube glove. The ice-cold knuckle-duster slammed into the Seadra side and sent it spinning through the water. A few of the Seadra’s spines came loose, each tinged a toxic-looking purple. Esther’s epiphany was immediate—‘Wow! I can’t believe Reina identified Seadra’s ability so quickly and had her pokémon select an attack that wouldn’t trigger Poison Point!’

Although Esther would’ve wanted to marvel at the battle for a bit longer, she had more pressing matters. Her eyes locked onto Feebas, who appeared frantic and exhausted.

Esther relaxed her posture as much as she could. She tried to offer a warm smile, to appear as friendly and non-threatening as possible. The smile failed—on account of the rebreather—but the Oblivian settled on spreading her arms in a welcoming hug. She crept along the walls, moving slowly until she had closed half the distance to Feebas. Not wanting it to feel trapped, she stopped and instead beckoned it to her.

“Hello little one...don’t you remember me? I saved you from those Chinchou!”

Her words must’ve triggered some form of recognition in Feebas since the odd fish pokémon began to inspect her tentatively. Just as Feebas came to a decision, Seadra recovered from the earlier blow; the sea-dragon pokémon heaved, its chest inflated, and with a soundless roar the waters were dyed an inky black. Visibility zero.

Esther could barely see her own hands much less Feebas or even the ongoing battle.

A lone blue serpent emerged from the ocean deep, its whiskers roiling, sensing, perceiving. The creature opened its gaping maw, inhaling water along with the faintest taste of...something else, something injured, which meant the promise of an easy meal. Its long blue whiskers sifted the currents and soon it grasped the faintest trail of blood. The creature moved and the waters churned, first from its size and then from the sheer weight of its presence as schools of pokémon dispersed in a frenzied panic.

Truly, few dared to roam about when a Gyarados was on the hunt.

$5330

Seal Case

PokéFlute

Clip-on roller skates

Hand-woven kilt

~Aldon...~

Despite being a strangely round not water type pokémon, Sigilyph had little issue swimming around, and even swam faster than Aldon. Which wasn't a compliment of any sort as Aldon in the water was Slower than Skol on land and passed out fast asleep. Wunder looked at the politoad before swimming over to Aldon.

"Wow! There you go again! Your practically a living breathing pokédex. Naka Dex!" Aldon said.

"Sounds like you swim really fast then! But have you ever caught any wingull before...?" Aldon asked Naka's Barraskewda.

"You wanna return or stay out a bit more, Wunder?" Aldon asked his sigilyph. His sigilyph spun around and made a cheerful albeit loud screeching sound which sounded more like an alarm or warning siren going off than excitement, but Aldon understood what it meant. He grinned.

"Alright! Let's head back up" Aldon said.

~Aldon...~

~Undella Town, Abyssal Ruins, June 16th...~

Aldon swam down into the along the edges of the ruins. All sorts of fish could be seen throughout the ocean as they descended down the side. Lower and lower they went. Out of the blue, everything became pitch black darkness. He looked around then up and noticed a shadowy mass of figure. It took him a few seconds to realize the massive thing above him was a wailord Ginormous in size, and the darkness he experienced for those brief few moments was probably just a taste of what he'd experience if he went into the ruins.

It was enough to get him thinking about what he was getting himself into. Though now he was feeling pretty determined at least. Skol didn't seem seem to even notice the whale above them. Aldon thought about sending out Zippy, but even that seemed a bit too reckless, even for him.

He decided to go into the entrance of the ruins with just him, Skol and Wunder. Wunder didn't look like the best of swimmers since he was so round but he kept up just fine. The trio made their way to the mouth of the ruins. This would be where the journey finally began. Once they stepped beyond that threshold there would be no turning around quite yet. Aldon swam in first. Wunder swam ahead of him and Skol was poking around behind them at his own pace. Aldon had his flashlight in hand when things inevitably got too dark for comfort.

"Sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!" Skol let out a rather loud and long winded yawn that didn't seem to ever end, breaking the silence the trio had as they made their way down into the watery depths. If any pokémon were nearby, they certainly knew the trio was here now.

$16,350
14x pokéballs
5x Super Potions
3x Full Heals
6x Oran berry,
C-Gear
Waterproof sleeping bag
Travel cooking supplies
Portable tent

Montagne Khastil
July 1 - Santalune City, Kalos

Monty raised an eyebrow at Esther's pretty blatant disregard for their conversation. Did they not have manners in...Oblivia was it? C'était impoli.

Wait. The criminal rolled his eyes as he realized he'd been slipping in and out of Kalosian with Azumi. The Old Guard all mostly spoke in Kalosian in private, and Monty admittedly didn't interact with tourists much. He'd have to be more deliberate with his speech, like with Clarke out in Calanthe Town.

Monty hadn't been to Santalune in a number of years, but it didn't seem to have changed much. The buildings weren't as tall or tightly packed as in Lumiose, nor were the crowds as chaotic, but it was certainly a city. Sprawling, nothing like his visits to the little villages of Geosenge and Calanthe, and the criminal felt a little more at home exploring the stone roads than Pareterre's dirt paths.

He'd returned Chauffemagne to his Dusk Ball when the entered the city, but Oracle remained at his side. She and her trainer both kept their heads on swivels; you never knew when something would pop up.

Her perked ears caught Azumi's comment, and the Absol grew quite pleased with herself. This "Azumi" lady was right! She did perform splendidly in her battles, and she was a menace on the battlefield. What keen eyes she had! It did annoy her that the woman complimented Esther's bothersome drake right after. She lost their battle, after all.

Monty thanked Azumi for the compliment on his partner's behalf. "If you want to watch, be my guest." He knew Oracle would be ready to put on a show, and Chauffemagne was surely raring to go in his Dusk Ball. All of their training from the past month had been building up to this moment, and it was time to show off what they'd learned.

He watched the battle-in-progress through the glass at Esther's side once the rest of the group caught up. They didn't seem too tough. A confident look passed between Monty and Oracle, and when Esther asked about signing-up he said, "Only one way to find out."

Monty strode to the gym's large glass doors, pulling one open and holding it from the inside long enough for the next person in their group to prob it up themselves. The doors led to a lobby, with a portly man sitting behind a desk across the room.

"Yo, champs in the making!" The portly man ran a hand through his slicked-back hair, and as Monty approached he stiffened up a bit. "Mhm- What can I do for you?" His gaze passed between each of them, and Monty leaned forward on the counter slightly to answer.

"We're here to challenge the gym. It's our-" He gestured to Oracle. "-first time, though. How does it work, exactly?"

"W-Well, we'll evaluate your teams and Viola will battle you with a team at an appropriate level. She has openings in...about an hour and a half."

The criminal rolled his eyes at the wait. At least they'd have the chance to hit a Pokémon Center before the battle. "I'll take it."

"Super," the portly desk jockey said as he shuffled through a few papers. "We'll have you...two?-" He glanced Esther's way. "Fill out these forms and we'll get your teams assessed right away."

As the two challengers to the GYM entered the GYM, Azumi decided to check the GYM out. She had been to a few battles, but mostly in Lumiose, it was nice to see the difference between them. For example, Viola's gym seemed more bug type friendly, very different to the plain field back in the capital of Kalos. It even had a different smell, something like that of wet dirt. Then something else caught her attention, the sweet sweet smell of caramel popcorn. The thought of it made Azumi's stomach growl, while she began making her way towards the food stand.

"Nana!" Azumi snapped at her Gardevoir, like if shaking off a trance, "Did you just try to manipulate me to buy snacks?" Azumi placed her hands at her hips, while Nana giggled and danced away, pretending to be looking around.

The Kalosian relaxed and made her way back to her current companions. It seemed they were not going to challenge the gym yet, which might actually give them time to prepare. Still, some things were nagging at Azumi's mind. Where they staying the night in the city? Would they rent a hotel room? Mostly, was she, a famous phrase she saw repeatedly on her socializing videos, a third wheel? According to some of those famous influencers, being a third wheel was an undesirable role. If Monty and Esther wanted to have privacy to each other, probably to read poetry or hold hands, Azumi shouldn't be present at such moments.

It was settled, Azumi should first find out if, indeed, she was a third wheel. "I don't tend to intrude in personal affairs..." She spoke up to Monty and Esther, "But are you two a couple? I mean so in a romantic way. If so, I can step aside to allow you two some privacy. I think I'm going to try and get some lunch for Nana and I."

L’ Basseau (Surskit)
19, July
Coastal Waters Whirl Archipelago
Johto Region​

The sun was bright, the wind and waves were gentle, and the air was filled with the tortured, tormented cries of Wingull.

L’ Basseau didn’t swim. She was a water type, yes; but the pond-skater just did not to sink, and she did not swim. Instead, she squeezed slippy-slidey fluids from her legs that let her walk above the water. It wasn’t anything special, water was pretty boring, it didn’t do much and that was no fun. Or at least, that’s what she’d thought before, but this funny-tasting water was actually great! It moved and chased with endless energy, rising into walls that threatened to submerge her; it was fun to run from them and skip over them, she’d even tried running over them before they could collapse. The funny-water had been a good playmate, but L’ Basseau had moved on to newer, fun-er, playmates.

Basseau skittered up the mast of Esther’s windsail; her new friends SCREAMED. She’d scream too if she were them. But they needed to shut up now; they were scaring away all her future friends. She squeezed droplets of sticky-sweet fluid from her antennae and flicked them into the open mouths of her friends. Their screams grew muffled, sticky-sweet fluid was pretty sticky after all, they’d be chewing for a while.

Now it was time to attract new friends! Basseau skittered to the top of the windsail, her antennae waving as she released her «Sweet Scent»...

『Keen Eyes』located Wingull’s next meal, a delicious-looking morsel that looked almost as good as it smelt. It was odd that it stood out so blatantly, prey usually went to great lengths to hide—not that they could evade Wingull’s visual prowess. Maybe this one had given up, realized the futility of hiding, and wanted to challenge the food chain. It wasn’t common, but it wasn’t rare either. Some wild pokémon who’d just seen one of the hoomans,, their freakishly strong pokémon and thought they could defy common sense. They always ended up in someone’s stomach sooner rather than later. Wingull wasn’t that stupid, but it was glad some pokémon were, they made for easy food.

Tucking its wings, Wingull began to dive—it would be swift, it would be graceful, it would devour the snack in a single gulp. The snack noticed and skittered away, maybe it had second thoughts about throwing its life away, but it was too late for that. Wingull picked up speed. The snack did...something? The weirdly shaped driftwood it was on shifted...rotated.

Wingull’s 『Keen Eyes』 caught every horrific detail. It had made a terrible mistake.

L’ Basseau did a happy wiggle as she made another friend.

This friend was lively! It struggled a lot more than the others! It had almost escaped!

It wouldn’t matter though; she’d just add more sticky-sweet fluid! Basseau skittered up to where Wingull had face-planted the windsail, desperately trying to escape the sticky-trap that held it stuck to the sailcloth.

The sun was bright, the wind and waves were gentle, and the air was filled with the tortured, tormented cries of Wingull.

L’ Basseau wiggled happily, making friends was so much fun!