• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Penny Lepiter; Trainer Ranking—Unranked
June 10th. Union Cave, 2nd Floor.

Both the Raticate and Electabuzz where struck - by the Sigilyph and Tauros respectively - but held on with a trained poise; the normal-type rat snarled, flipping itself mid-air to land on its feet and, overbite snapping away, move in for another vicious bite at the psychic avianoid.

Electabuzz, meanwhile, took the Tauros's headbutt to the gut and held its ground surprisingly well. Although the rampaging bull was pushing it back with pure, furious force, the electric type grabbed onto the Tauros's right horn for grip and to sturdy itself, all while rearing back with its right hand and swinging down with a crackling Thunder Punch at the bull's right side.

"God there's a lot of you little buggers!" the scarred poacher growled, annoyed, as Penny and Colored got themselves ready—the latter with her Heliolisk and Snivy, the former letting Heracross out of its PokeBall while she retrieved the still-carelessly-floating Ditto as it drifted over to the other side finally.

He and his orange-haired companion pulled at another pair of PokeBalls clipped to their belts, setting loose a Poochyena and a Stunky. Meanwhile, the third poacher took his chance to come out of hiding, moving in from the side toward Penny and Colored; he was also releasing a pair of Pokemon—the contrastingly adorable Purrloin and literal-garbage-pile Trubbish.

"Stick with me. Those two can handle themselves, but so can we if we work as a team," Penny whispered to Colored, trying to stay confident, even though she was about as inexperienced as her new, younger companion. "Mirror! Transform into...Tauros! Theseus u-uh, oh!—"

The Poochyena had leapt forward, sinking its teeth into Heracross's arm without hesitation. Letting out a pained cry, Heracross retaliated on its own with a trio of kicks to the dog's belly, sending it flying back.

As that happened, Mirror the Ditto completed its transformation into Reina's Tauros, and the orange-haired poacher's Stunky let out a poison gas that the clueless blob Pokemon breathed in before it had realized what was happening.

"K-keep on the Poochyena, Theseus, Fury Attack!" Penny called out, her voice still trembling. "Mirror, headbutt Stunky!"

Unimpeded by any of the action to that point, Purrloin and Trubbish turned their attention to the equally unbothered Heliolisk and Snivy. Purrloin sought to slow down the Snivy with a speedy Fake Out, charging in for a quick swipe at the grass-type's sides before circling around back to its partner. Trubbish, meanwhile, swept its arms out as if making two, massive backhand motions—caltrop spikes glowing purple like a poison flame flew toward the Penny and Colored's feet, and that of their Pokemon as well.

Colored
June 10, Union Cave

"Okay, pair up and- whOA!"

The Fake Out had done it's job on Dawn, stunning the small Grass type and leaving Colored in a state of worry before eyeing the strange approaching caltrops. After jumping away from them herself. it took a moment for the truth to dawn on her, but seeing how she still had Nino out on the field an idea had came to her. It probably wouldn't be effective if at all, but nothing ever hurt to try.

"Poison Spikes.... Listen, Ni! Be wary of those spikes, but try and get them away with Dragon Tail!"

The Heliolisk nodded as his tail flared with draconic energy as he danced across the field, trying to knock away these spikes while gracefully avoiding their effects himself. However, this precarious 'dance' was making it hard to see the dual type's intentions true intentions to try and remove this Trubbish from the fight before it could do more harm.

June 10, Friday - Union Cave, Johto. Reina, current rank, 49,425.

Reina managed to her feet, her eyes set on the poachers attacking the team. Were they the same ones who had attacked Penny? This was the perfect opportunity to get back at them. She clenched her fist and took a quick look at the situation. Diva's Friend Guard was probably helping the team tank a bit more than they usually would, but some of them had taken a bit of damage already. King was in a good position, the enemy didn't have much room to escape and he might give Reina just the right opening to put what she learned in the gym to test.

"Life Dew Diva!" Reina called out as she regained her composure. "King, teach him to never grab a Tauros by the horns, Payback!"

Diva chirped joyfully as a thing string of water emerged from the river and wrapped around her teammates, healing any wounds they had suffered and giving them back a bit of energy. At the same time King let out a roar while a black aura emerged from his body before releasing a pulse of dark energy that shot like bullets at the Electabuzz.

"King out, Maya in!"

As soon as King finished his attack he disappeared into his Pokeball while Reina sent out Maya the Dragonair. "Extreme Speed!"

Using the momentum from being sent out, Maya disappeared into the air and reappeared in front of the Poocheyna, slamming into it straight on, leaving a small cloud of dust upon impact.

"We're not done, Dragon Tail!"

Maya's shadow moved from the smoke towards the poachers, stopping in front of the two poachers togethers and glaring them down as she prepared her Dragon Tail.

"Keep the Life Dew coming Diva!" Reina's green eyes focused on Maya's target. "Recall your Pokemon or I will force you to."

Saturday June 11- Lavender Town, Kanto. 'Ace the Mercenary'. Last Known rank 166.

The tongue of the floating gas-like face edged closer and closer towards Ace. He pulled his face back in horror but he knew he had to keep his resolve. "I know what you are." Ace began.

The strange face Pokemon looked at him. "Gas..."

"You're a Gastly, a ghost type Pokemon."

"Gas?" Gastly stopped.

"Your kind used to live in the Pokemon tower, before they were erased."

"Gasssss."

"I know what you're trying to do. You're trying to erase humanity now aren't you? First, by annoying them and drawing them into confined places, before getting rid of them one by one." Gastly nodded as Ace said this. "You wish to make them suffer, to avenge those who fell. Revenge. I know the feeling. Too many stories to tell."

"Gas?" Gastly felt sorry for Ace for a second.

"I am not responsible here for your bretheren falling. I saw that they moved the gravestones to a new location, the House of Memories. You should attack the people of this town instead and the governmental forces that made this a reality. I have similar goals deep down to you. We have both been abused and mistreated by the society. Let me help you."

Gastly judged Ace by observing him, paused, then gave him a wide friendly smile before withdrawing his massive tongue. He stopped his attacks. It was then that, out of nowhere, an Absol fell from the sky, the vibrations indicated it had jumped from one of the walls or even the door of the cubicle. It pounced down with great force. "Now Absol, Night Slash." Absol obeyed as it went flying down, the darkness cosuming the blade on his head. It chopped down, slicing the Gastly in a maneovure that wasn't too powerful but still reduced its HP by a significant amount, an order that had been planned by Ace when he entered the room.

Gastly fell to the floor as its tongue pointed out once again. "Gaaaaaasss..." It felt the suffering of betrayal as it fell.

"Now." Ace said as he threw a dark green ball, a Dusk Ball, at the ghost type Pokemon. "Join me." The Dusk ball's green, purple and black energy surrounded Gastly. "You will be my tool and I will be yours." The Dusk Ball suceeded in capturing the Pokemon and Ace picked it up and smiled at his new team member.

April 1st - Karaoke Room

Honest to Arceus, Acer didn’t know where he was or what he was doing. Judging by the glass in his hand and the smell of his breath, he’d been drinking something. He must’ve been kidnapped by a fucking Hypno or some shit. All he knew was that he was in some room and there was a microphone up on stage. Yeah, that’s right. Tonight was Karaoke night. Acer didn’t even remember who he went out with and didn’t even bother checking the audience when he went up to the microphone. To be honest, his vision was still a bit blurry.

“Alright, I’m up first huh. Bet. Let’s see… you want me to sing that, Froakie?”

Glancing down at his partner Pokémon, Acer looked to him for confirmation. Knowing the troll Froakie was, he definitely had would love for him to sing this one. After all, he was just here for a good time and seeing his Pokémon happy made him happy too. Acer took a moment to make sure the right background music was set up before he started to since. Once the piano started, both Acer and Froakie began to lightly tap their feet and nod their heads to go along with the calm rhythm.

"For a second, I was in control. I had it once, lost it though. Yeah I lost it, let me start again. We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I. A full commitment's what I'm thinking of. You wouldn't get this from any other guy. I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling. Gotta make you understand. Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna say goodbye. Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you. We've known each other for so long. Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it. Inside we both know what's been going on. We know the game and we're gonna play it. And if you ask me how I'm feeling. Don't tell me you're too blind to see. Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna say goodbye. Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you. Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna say goodbye. Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you. Never gonna give, never gonna give. (Give you up). We've known each other for so long. Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it. Inside we both know what's been going on. We know the game and we're gonna play it. I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling. Gotta make you understand. Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna say goodbye. Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you. Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna say goodbye. Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you. Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna say goodbye."

After Acer was done with his performance, both Froakie and he bowed to the audience. The song he had sung had been a very emotional one and that same emotion was expressed on both of their faces. Whether or not Acer had been drunk, he had given it his all. Today was supposed to be a fun day, so hopefully, those in the audience were good sports and enjoyed his performance. There wasn't anything more Acer could ask for, since it was funny to him and Froakie.

Esther
Friday, April 1 – Karaoke Room, ??? Region​

Esther pushed herself out of her seat, expression colored with disgust. What even was that first song?

Unlike some people, she wasn’t about the basics; if they were gonna spit bars they’d be going all out. Grabbing a mic’ and flipping a bang, she stood up to the podium and replaced the guy that sang.

“Pyrrha, drop a beat.”

As her partner lead off, Esther addresses the audience. “Unlike that the last clown, I want to use my song to tell you a story...My Reality

“Morning started off kinda lazy, I hit the Jack
Rolled outta bed and stepped on a stray thumbtack
I thought, Damn. This day is turning out like a bitch
What could make it better? Shit, I know, a fucking chicken sandwich
I left the house, hit my favorite joint
Where the bread ain't all that soggy and the chicken on point
Through the doors I explode, like dynamite
The drool flowing like my bars and I want that bite”

“Walked up to the register with swagger and poise
I find myself in front of some scrawny teenage boy
Wouldn't be surprised if the kid was one of my fans
So I lower my glasses and stare as long as I can
He says, ‘Uuuuh....Ma’am, can I take your order?’
I woulda called him kinda cute if he was just a bit shorter
I rolled my eyes though because I gotta keep my cool
I say, ‘I'm tryna get a fucking chicken sandwich, fool’
He looks at me with dead eyes and now I wanna punch him out
But I hold back my pride, ‘cause shit is bad for my clout”

He says, ‘Do you want fries’, I say, ‘The fuck d’you think???’
He says, ‘Another dollar fifty, you can choose a drink’
I say, ‘Okay, let's get a Kool-Aid’, he says, ‘Sorry, we're out’
‘Well, fuck it, guess I'll get a lemonade’, I started to shout
He asked me, ‘Do you want a small or large?’, I said, ‘Large, man’
He says, ‘Alright, that's gonna be another dollar then’
I rolled my eyes and say, ‘Fine, I'll get the small’
He says, ‘Will that complete your order?’ Like he ten feet tall
I say, ‘You didn't ask me for the size of the sandwich or the fries’
Cashier boy reviews the shit, says, ‘I apologize’
‘If you want the special small combo, you get a discount’
I say, ‘Alright, that sounds kinda nice, but what's the fry count?’
‘Uuuuh, something like eight fries?’, ‘Nah, FUCK that shit’
‘I've had it, go ahead and get your boy a big super-size’
‘Okay, sir, would you like an apple pie or dessert with your meal?’
I look the bitch in the eyes and say with nerves of steel
‘I'll take a soft serve ice cream’
‘Cone or a cup?’
‘Give me a cone, bitch, order done, now shut the fuck up’

‘Total 7.99, sir’, hand him a ten
I don't even count the change, just stare at him again
‘Keep the mayonnaise off my fucking sandwich, boy
Or I'll tear the roof off the place and leave it destroyed ‘
He says, ‘I just put the order in, we gotta redo it’
I say, ‘No way in hell’, he says, ‘I'll tell the cook’, Bitch, I knew it!
Lazy ass little kid got me looking like the bad guy
Take my seat and wait for my chicken and fries and—
Fuck, shit, in my anger I forgot my drink
The empty cup is waiting on the counter right by the sink
I grab the motherfucker 'fore I hit the ice machine
Slam it hard against the button, what comes out? Nothing
I say, ‘Y’ALL OUT OF ICE’, Another worker comes out
He says, ‘My man, I get the message, but you don't gotta shout’

“He brings out a bucket of ice, I stay there tapping my foot
He pauses for a minute saying, ‘I forgot where it's put...’
I grab a handful of ice and shove it into my cup
He looks at me like I'm a basket case, like I give a fuck
I smash the lemonade button, thank God this shit ain't broken
Grab a lid and a straw, hit the table, then start smoking
Little ice boy looks at me and says, ‘You can't smoke here’
I stand up again and tower over him to INVOKE FEAR
Except the ice dude is...just about my height...
I rolled my eyes, flick the cig, and say, ‘I get it, alright?’
Sit back down, where the fucking chicken sandwich at?
And start regretting my decision, I don't wanna get fat
Another 10 minutes pass, I see my joint on the counter
Shit, I forgot that they don't bring it to you, fuck all them cowards
Now the soft serve is melted and the chicken is cold
Looking desperately at all this bullshit I was sold
But fuck it, grab my meal, make my way to the table
At least I got my fucking food so now I'm feeling stable”

“Little grin on my face 'cause the shit still looked good
Make myself a little napkin bib as any thug should
First I go in for a bite in this chicken delight
The first thing I taste is MAYONAISSE, I'm ready to fight
I shout, ‘The fuck did I say about no mayo on my order!?’
Cashier kid shouts, ‘I forgot to say the change costs a quarter’
‘Y'all are charging me for taking something off the food!?’
And now the manager comes out and says, ‘Sir, you been rude
And now you gotta go’, ‘What? But it's not my mistake’
He's got a scowl and a mustache, and hair that looks fake
I call him out and say, ‘My man, I got bills to pay
I got a life to live, and all you got is a toupée’
He threw me out after that, did not go down with no fight
I left the bitch with a scratch, he left my arm with a bite
They shut the door in my face,

the sandwich still in the place
I headed to the city ward so I can make my case
At least I'm going there now because the recording is finished
And my hunger is real, and my drive is diminished
The moral of the story is, kids don't order food
Because the shit will leave you salty and it worsen the mood”

Esther dropped the mic, a final message to give, a small promotion for all the would-be fans.

“If you liked the song, you can follow the link below to buy the CD.”

CDs NUTS check the discussion thread for the real link

Emma got to work on cleaning up the Fountain with the Help of Sliggoo, as Cinderace was keeping flying and electric types off of the fountain. At that point the park Director had arrived, with an Ursaring.

"Hello Director, I am Emma, the one who made the call, unfortunately, the Suspected Vandal got away, but Desmond here got a good view of them."

The director got a notepad ready, "I'll need full first and Last names from both of you."

"My full name is Emmaline, My last name is one that would attract the Paparazzi, and I'm trying to keep out of the public eye right now."

"Can I get a last name from you, even though I understand, I still need it to help the police."

Emma whispered into the Director's ear, "Argentston."

"As in Firey Argentston?"

"That's my dad, he's in Galar at the moment."

"I had actually helped with your parents' honeymoon." The director whispered, then turned to Desmond.

Ursaring had been checking the trees to make sure they weren't messed with, alongside Cinderace. Emma then got back to what she was doing as the Director wrote his notes, waiting for Desmond.

Politoed had done its part to help clean the fountain and soon enough the Director and its Ursaring had appeared which of course had led to the expected response.

"Oh shi...!" Desmond called out as he just stopped himself of letting out a full curse as given his internal Pokemon fear seeing a large one like Ursaring had done little to make things easy.

Thankfully focus had been on Emma first, who seemed rather reluctant to let out her surname as she whispered it which caused Desmond to raise an eyebrow once he had caught his breath.

Soon the questions shifted to him and Desmond and the young man worked to answer his questions.

"Oh uh Desmond. Desmond Andrews." Desmond explained as he outlined the description of the Charade guy, as well as his plans in the city he boasted about going towards. Desmond would comply best he could though soon as he finished he sheepishly stepped aside from the Ursaring.

Even if it seemed well trained, he'd rather not take a chance.

Friday, April 1st - Somewhere.

Reina stood up, it was her turn, she wasn't sure why, but she knew she was next. She loved to sing, ever since she was a little girl and it was about time she showed off her talent. She got on stage and grabbed the mic. The music began to flow and she could already feel the rhythm rushing through her veins. The lights blinking to the beat while Reina moved her head along with it. You could dance, you could move your leg or you could sit back with a cigar in your hand and enjoy it. It was the perfect song, one that represented her roots and it showed. She was so into the song, she almost missed her lines, stepping up the mic and singing in the most perfect tone.

"Tequila."

"Tequila."

"Tequila!"

She bowed as the song ended, taking in the applause after her amazing performance. She smiled proudly as she rushed back to her sit and othered another round for her table, it was a good night and she was having a blast.

April 1st, Classified Location
Desmond sighed. He had not wanted to do this. In all honesty he had a million other things he could be doing, this whole bit was a bit overplayed and too "zany" for his taste. But his Politoed seemed to press and nudge him along and he figured he'd never hear the end of it from others in this dumb establishment if he had done nothing so he sighed and stood up. Course, when he had heard the background beat to his song his eyes had shot up as he glanced at his partner.

"Oh no no not this no I protest I refu..." Desmond had began to say but he seemed to be moved up by the overzealous Water-Type and now that he had stumbled to a mic all eyes had been on him and with a defeated sigh and blush on his troubled face, he began to sing with utter contempt in his soul.

"Oh my God, Becky, look at her butt, it's so big
She looks like one of those rap guys girlfriends
Who understands those rap guys
They only talk to her because she looks like a total prostitute."

"I mean her butt, it's just so big
I can't believe it's so round, it's just out there
I mean, it's gross, look, she's just so blah."

"I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty, bitty waist
And a round thing in your face."

"You get sprung, wanna pull up tough
'Cuz you notice that butt was stuffed
Deep in the jeans she's wearing
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring."

"Oh baby, I wanna get with ya and take your picture
My homeboys tried to warn me but that butt you got
Make me so horny, ooh, rumple smooth skin
You say you wanna get in my Benz
Well, use me use me 'cuz you ain't that average groupy."

"I've seen them dancin', to hell with romancin'
She's sweat, wet, got it goin' like a turbo vette."

"I'm tired of magazines, saying flat butts are the thing
Take the average black man and ask him that
She gotta pack much back."

"So fellas, fellas, has your girlfriend got the butt?
(Yeah, yeah, hell, yeah)
Well shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it
Shake that healthy butt, baby got back."

"LA face with Oakland booty."

"I like 'em round and big and when I'm throwin' a gig
I just can't help myself, I'm actin' like an animal
Now, here's my scandal."

"I wanna get you home and uh, double up, uh, huh
I ain't talkin' bout playboy 'cuz silicone parts were made for toys
I wann 'em real thick and juicy, so find that juicy double
Mix-a-lot's in trouble, lookin' for a piece of that bubble."

"So, I'm lookin' at rock videos, knock-kneed bimbos walkin' like hoes
You can have them bimbos, I'll keep my women like Flo Jo
A word to the thick soul sistas, I wanna get with ya
I won't 'cus or hit ya but I gotta be straight when I say I wanna."

"'Til the break of dawn, baby got it goin' on
Alot of sims won't like this song 'cuz them punks like to hit it and quit it
But I'd rather stay and play 'cuz I'm long and I'm strong
And I'm down to get the friction on."

"So ladies, ladies, do you wanna roll in my Mercedes?
(Yeah, yeah, yeah)
Then turn around, stick it out
Even white boys got to shout, baby got back."

"LA face with the Oakland booty."

"Yeah baby, when it comes to females
Cosmo ain't got nothin' to do with my selection
36-24-36, only if she's 5'3"'

"So, your girlfriend throws a Honda
Playin' workout tapes by Fonda
But Fonda ain't got a motor in the back of her Honda
My anaconda don't want none unless you've got buns hun."

"You can do side bends or sit-ups but please don't lose that butt
Some brothers wanna play that hard role
And tell you that the butt ain't gold
So they toss it and leave it and I pull up quick to retrieve it."

"So, cosmo says you're fat, well, I ain't down with that
'Cuz your waste is small and your curves are kickin'
And I'm thinkin' bout stickin'
To the beanpole dames in the magazines."

"You ain't it miss thing, give me a sista I can't resist her
Red beans and rice did miss her
Some knucklehead tried to dis
'Cuz his girls were on my list."

"He had game but he chose to hit 'em and pulled up quick to get with 'em
So ladies if the butt is round and you wanna triple X throw down
Dial 1-900-MIX-A-LOT and kick them nasty thoughts
Baby got back, baby got back."

"Little in tha middle but she got much back
Little in tha middle but she got much back
Little in tha middle but she got much back
Little in tha middle but she got much back."

Desmond immediately moved off the stage as his Politoed clapped happily among the amused laughter and couple of cheers in the crowd as Desmond's face had never been a brighter shade of red. His Pokemon would cherish this night, while Desmond only hoped he'd be able to forget it soon as he could.

Aldon Larch, June 10, Friday - Union Cave, Johto​

"Come on Wunder, you can do this! Use tailwind! Use your movement Wunder! Try to dodge the hit" Aldon called out. Regardless in whether or not Wunder actually managed to avoid the hit, Aldon would call out another move, a few moments afterwards.

"Use psybeam as well!" Aldon called out.

Aldon wasn't sure how strong the ratticate was. If this didn't take it out, hopefully it would at least chip away at its health.

$15,200
14x pokéballs
5x Super Potions
3x Full Heals
6x Oran berry,
C-Gear
Waterproof sleeping bag
Travel cooking supplies
Portable tent
Hiking and archeology tools

~Aldon Larch Friday, April 1st - Somewhere...~

Aldon cheered and applauded. The karaoke was pretty fun to listen to. It wasn't quite Aldon's cup of tea to be singing in front of others much, but he did have some experience from it in the past. When the last person had finished, Aldon looked at Skol, who was too busy staring at the mic, then at Aldon. Skol poked Aldon with his paw, then smiled. Aldon stood up, then reluctantly stood forward, before briefly glancing around the room. He was definitely stalling for a few moments, but made his legs walk forward until he grabbed the mic and stood there.

Aldon glanced over at Skol one last time, before having a song come up with prompted text, and taking a few breaths before he began singing. Aldon was in full on stage mode. Singing all the lyrics, not missing a beat and hitting all the high notes.

I see you driving 'round town with the girl I love
And I'm like, "Fuck you" (ooh, ooh, ooh)
I guess the change in my pocket wasn't enough
I'm like, "Fuck you and fuck her, too"
Said, "If I was richer, I'd still be with ya"
Ha, now ain't that some shit?
(Ain't that some shit?)
And although there's pain in my chest
I still wish you the best
With a "Fuck you" (ooh, ooh, ooh)
Yeah, I'm sorry
I can't afford a Ferrari
But that don't mean I can't get you there
I guess he's an Xbox and I'm more Atari
But the way you play your game ain't fair
I pity the fool that falls in love with you
(Oh shit, she's a gold digger)
Well (just thought you should know, nigga)
Ooh, I've got some news for you
Yeah, go run and tell your little boyfriend
(Ain't that some shit?)
Now I know that I had to borrow
Beg and steal and lie and cheat
Tryna keep ya, tryna please ya
'Cause being in love with your ass ain't cheap
Now I pity the fool
That falls in love with you
(Oh shit, she's a golddigger)
Well (just thought you should know, nigga)
Ooh, I've got some news for you
I really hate your ass right now
(Ain't that some shit?)
Now baby, baby, baby, why d'you wanna, wanna hurt me so bad?
(So bad, so bad, so bad)
I tried to tell my mama but she told me
"This is one for your dad"
(Your dad, your dad, your dad)
Yes, she did
And I was like, uh
Why? (Uh) Why? (Uh) Why, lady?
Oh, I love you
Oh, I still love you, oh
"Fuck you" (ooh, ooh, ooh)
(Ain't that some shit?)

Friday April 1st, Location: You Tell Me.

As there was a dying in the amount of people karaoking in the room, attention was put onto a DJ in the backdrop who was frantically pressing buttons on a metallic pad, furiously mixing songs onto a deck as he pressed down onto it with his hand. He wore a red cap that was backwards in nature and colourful clothes, mainly representing yellow and black stripes. He sported a black hoodie above this and a pair of shades. Two massive devices loomed on his shoulders, something which people asked him about. They were extremely unwieldy, heavy on his shoulders and were carried everywhere. They were subwoofers which boosted certain sounds, especially that of the bass of a song. The beat of a new song started playing and with the flick of a switch, the beat got more intense. Then, the man activated the subwoofers and the bass was boosted. The DJ started playing on a keyboard and pressed a button which recorded a catchy melody. The melody echoed in the background. A spotlight fell on the DJ as he walked forward, dancing in a relaxing manner. He moved the mixing table forwards and scaratched a new record onto it as another headbopping melody swept the room. A Volbeat flew across the stage, then landed next to the man and started wiggling its body in a strange manner. A group of Bouffalant appeared on an LED screen behind them, bucking up and down and twisting their legs in a frantic manner. It then changed to images of Snover and Abomasnow shaking their bellies before finally Hakamo-O appeared, thrusting their arms up and down in a violent manner. Amongst the dancing Pokemon on the screen, appeared more Pokemon to join the DJ and his Volbeat. An Electrike and Manetric barked cutely as they were caught in the music on stage. A Lombre jumped onto a railing attached to the top ceiling and swung round to great applause, as images of Ludicolo danced across the LED screen behind them. A Loudred dashed onto the stage and led the group from the middle. He roared as a great amount of noise errupted from all the Pokemon on screen, as their cries added to the mix of sound. Then, the man whose Pokemon they clearly were, pressed a button and his subwoofers activated once again, this time boosting the main melody as it got faster and faster and faster. The noise level was phenominal as a Noivern and several Noibat appeared on the screen behind him.

Out of nowhere came a similar looking guy in a grey hoodie with sunglasses, with a hat facing forwards and cables pulling behind him, holding a glass of drink in his hands. He appeared on stage and announced, "Give it up for DJ Soundproof from the Hoenn region!" as the room roared with cheers.

Saturday June 11- Lavender Town, Kanto. 'Ace the Mercenary'. Last Known rank 166.

Ace returned his Absol to its Poke Ball. "Good work Absol." He said. "You were actually useful, for once." Ace was curious as to the news and what was going on, so he pulled out a device, his Pokegear and attached an earpiece to his head.

"Let's see...what's going on here..." He twisted a nosel on the device as the channels changed. He could not find the news channel. Had it been destroyed? Ace twisted once more and heard the sounds of a song with a catchy beat and melody. He was about to change the channel when the song suddenly ended and a voice announced that this was the 'Lavender Town Kanto radio station'.

"That's right, welcome back to 'Supersonic'. We currently have our 'Bad Beats' section, the one place in Kanto to here all the latest hits, as well as past bops! Here, you can find more inspiration than Drum Beating!" A voice boomed out. He was certainly very loud and his voice didn't appear to be very Kanto infused, more Americanized.

Another voice could be heard, a younger, fresher voice, but the voice sounded even less Kantonian than the main presenter. "That's right, man! You know, I'm so happy to be here in Kanto, where it all began."

The other voice made an announcement. "We're here with DJ Soundproof, the new up and coming name in the music scene with three, that's right, three, already HIT albums to make your summer a banger! And now you've just released your newest single with yours truely, called 'Magnet Bomb'!"

"Yes indeed alright!"

Ace flinched when he heard the name. DJ Soundproof. Where had he heard the name before? "The Westono tournament." Ace gulped before laughing. "That guy couldn't even battle for the life of him! He got knocked out after one of the first rounds!" He said to himself.

"Yep, you may have heard of me already from my music career, but you'd be suprised to hear i'm actually a competent battler too!" DJ Soundproof's voice yelled through the Pokegear. "I did after all, participate in the Westono region tournament, but I got knocked out and I'm polishing my skills!"

"That's great to hear..." The unknown presenter he was talking to said as Ace turned down the volume.

"Hmph." Ace seemed to not be interested anymore as he turned the knob down and the volume completely died. He then exited the bathroom and eyed his table. "What?!" Approaching it, he wasn't sure at first but when he looked again, he was certain he wasn't hullucinating. "You're kidding me..."

"My tablet...it's gone!" He exclaimed as some people who had now gone up to the third floor eyed him.

Aided by Maya's Extremespeed, Theseus's last punch sent the Poochyena several feet back and onto its side with a wounded yelp, closing its eyes for the time being. Stunky had tanked a hit from the faux-Tauros, repulsing Mirror with a scratching claw across its face. Struggling to its feet further back, however, was the orange-haired poacher's Electabuzz, still somehow managing to stand even after King's attack.

The scarred poacher's Raticate sunk its teeth into a part of Wunder's tail even as the Sigilyph kicked up a great wind that seemed to speed up its ally Pokemon. Though the Raticate held on, gnawing at the Sigilyph's tail, Wunder's psybeam sent it crashing to the ground and back a bit. Injured but not finished, it sprung to its feet with a trained speed, and set out to attack again, its fangs gleaming with an intense energy as it leapt toward Wunder a second time.

Colored's Heliolisk struck clean against Trubbish, who could hardly follow its dance-like movements before Heliolisk's tail slammed against its head with considerable force; woozy, the garbage Pokemon tried to retaliate by shooting toxic sludge from its mouth, maintaining the spray as it moved side-to-side and up-and-down as it tried to catch the Heliolisk in the air.

"You ain't gonna force nothin', girlie," the scarred poacher laughed, shaking his head, pulling one, last PokeBall from his belt. "Electabuzz, get that stinkin' dragon! You!" he addressed the PokeBall as it broke open into a glittering read beam. "Handle that friggin' Clefairy first."

Almost identical to Reina's own, a Hawlucha emerged from the poacher's PokeBall; with a flourishing flex, it shot up into the air with an incredible speed, twirled once and dived at Diva like a bullet, its left fist aimed out for a brutal punch that could (if necessary) break through defensive screens.

In that same moment, the Electabuzz (commanded by a trainer not its own) moved into action as well, creating a wave of electricity from the antennae on its head and focusing it in its palms while it found Dragonair in its line of vision, before releasing the thunderbolt by firing it out from its hands, extending its arms from held close at its hip to out well in front of its chest.

"Theseus, help out Snivy and Heliolisk!" Penny called out, realizing that Poochyena going down meant Ditto would only have to deal with Stunky for the time being. "Mirror, did you see what King did? Yeah, do that!"

Though the move seemed familiar to Penny, she didn't have a name for it...but if Mirror had copied King, then maybe that didn't quite matter. Obliging, the pretend-Tauros - fighting the poison in its system - charged into attack with a roar, the same dark aura pulsating around it before firing into the Stunky, who only seemed to be mildly annoyed by the offensive than anything else. It replied by simply turning its tail toward Mirror, letting it up, and firing an oppressive, spraying smokescreen all around the confused, poisoned Ditto.

Heracross had already moved to attack Purrloin, happily stomping across the poisonous caltrops without a second thought (just mild winces of pain through the happy grin on its face). The cat turned its head to look at the fighting bug, whose giddy eyes seemed to gaze deeply into its soul. Next thing Purrloin knew, it was being tackled to the ground by the bug-type, who seemed to think this was just as much a training exercise as earlier when it fought Diva.

"Oh shoot," Penny groaned, wondering where she'd gone wrong, exactly, "Mirror, watch out, Stunky is moving around behind you!"

The poachers, however, were starting to exchange worried glances. This fight was turning into a slug-fest, and only scarred-face looked to really be enjoying the battle. Both of his comrades, however, were looking down-river, toward their original goal, wondering how this could possibly be worth it.

Colored
Union Cave, June 10

Originally pleased at the successful blow, the Heliolisk was taken severely off guard by the counter attack and while damaged somewhat, barely shook off the poison before it could begin to take affect. While Colored was trying to think up a new plan, her eye honestly couldn’t help but he caught by the now opposing Hawlucha.

A Flying or Fighting type… wouldn’t that be handy for her team. But it clicked somewhat fast for her, as a new idea had rooted into her head with a mostly positive turnout. The female quietly ushered her partners back for a moment so this wouldn’t be compromised.

“Okay, Dawn. You go distract that Hawlucha there, the red and white bird thing. With Leaf Blade, so he’ll get pushy and confident. Ni, you wait for my signal and then you’ll Thunderbolt it to shreds. Got it?”

Dawn, while reluctant to be bait, nodded and began to run over to the bird-like dual type before her tail lit up with a verdant energy as she began slashing with it, her one goal being to turn the enemy away from Nino as he was already beginning to get a Thunderbolt prepped up.

Nothing else quite seemed up right now, but Colored remained vigilant for any chance to to turn a tide if needed.

Diva closed her eyes as the Hawlucha's Brick Break connected, the fighting move hitting her straight on top of her head. She opened to reveal watery eyes as she looked up at her attacker. Those eyes quickly turned into rage though, since she then realized how close her opponent was now. Reina quickly got on, gaining a smile on her face as the Pokemon basically handed them the victory.

"Diva, show it your beautiful voice!"

The Clefairy closed her eyes with an elegant way about her as she opened her tiny mouth and began to use Sing. Her lullaby causes small pink waves to wash out from her body. It was perfect, if this worked, it would get hit with Leaf Blade and Thunderbolt. Having dealt with that, Reina quickly turned back towards Maya.

"I warned you!" She cried out towards the poachers.

Maya clenched her teeth as she took the Thunderbolt directly, her angry eyes fixed on the two in front of her. She waited until the attack finished, which was at the same time the glowing on her tail intensified.

"Dragon Tail!" Reina raised her right fist in the air, knowing clearly well they were in no position to save themselves. Maybe it was wrong for her to want to hurt the poachers, but if they were the ones who hurt Penny before they deserved that and more.

"Penny! Headbutt and Zen Headbutt are your best bets with Tauros." She shot her friend a quick smile despite the chaos going on around them.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Goldenrod City, Later afternoon

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Ya know...I never thought about it before. But waiting for the dead of night to steal stuff is BORING!"

Charade was losing his patience with this. Who knew it took so long to wait for hours?! What did time think he was? A joke? He crossed his arms with a grumble as he sat in his inconspicuous bush places in the middle of the sidewalk. Croagunk woke from it's slumber due to Charade's yelling.

"Seriously! The movies always skip this part..."

As he began to rabble on and on about what the movie's plot was, a growlithe began to sniff his bush, starting to position itself nearby. Charade, noticing this, panicked, shuffling himself and the bush further along the concrete path away from the hound.

"If we had more budget then we would be waiting on our top secret helicopter, floating above the city in disguise as a news helicopter! But those things cost more than my ENTIRE ALLOWANCE!!"

The bite was a pretty nasty one, and would not be the last as the ratticate was going to try get in another bite. "Float over the water!" Aldon called out. If anything the water would slow down the pokemon. "Use psybeam, and use the water to keep your distance!" Aldon said. Aldon had hopes this strategy would work, but he kept his fingers crossed just in case.

$15,200
14x pokéballs
5x Super Potions
3x Full Heals
6x Oran berry,
C-Gear
Waterproof sleeping bag
Travel cooking supplies
Portable tent

Hawlucha wasn't out of its ball for more than a second when it was bombarded by a horrible noise—a Clefairy's high-pitched singing ringing through its ears as it soared through the air to strike at the small, pink fairy. Snivy's Leaf Blade and Heliolisk's Thunderbolt connected with brutal accuracy, since the poacher's Wrestler-Pokemon couldn't hope to avoid anything while it slept.

Taking her friend's advice, Penny called out for Mirror to use Zen Headbutt. The pretend-Tauros stomped its back foot into the ground, lowering its head and charging forward in a focused, fast gallop. Mirror finished off Stunky with the powerful, psychic attack, sending it tumbling back just in front of the brown-haired poacher's feet, who looked up at the transformed Ditto with anxiously grit teeth.

The Dragonair's attack - in the meantime - collided with a thunderous blast, directly against the side of the scarred poacher as he tried to dodge out of the way. Carried by the blow's force, the criminal was sent careening into his orange-haired friend, who wasn't even looking in the right direction when his friend's body came crashing into his. The pair went flying some ten, twenty feet and fell against the ground with the horrible scraping of flesh against rock, even the crunching of bone—then, their mangled, unconscious forms rolled a bit further along the ground, coming to a halt about another teen feet away.

Both Electabuzz and Raticate paused, taking in what was happening. The latter was struck by Sigilyph's psybeam while not even looking; when it struggled back to its feet and saw the Pokemon floating over the water, it looked back toward the electric-type. The two Pokemon, their trainers unconscious instead of them for a change, turned tail and sped off further down the cave with nervous, skittering footsteps.

All alone all of a sudden, the third, brown-haired poacher panicked. He held out two PokeBalls, recalling Purrloin and Trubbish even as he was turning tail to flee off in the opposite direction.

"I'msosorrythiswasn'tmyidealetmegoplease!" he shouted, sprinting off with his back to the group.

Ace stood there, frozen, staring at the table on which the tablet had been lying on, now gone. "I know who did this..." Ace muttered, as a group of cleaners and waitresses looked at him strangely.

"Curse them." Ace seemed to reach a conclusion. "They've done it. Stanley sold me out."

The Radio tower stood tall as always. A cold wind sweeped the bottom of the building as stronger winds crept through the mountains around Lavender Town and bashed against the top of it, causing part of it to swing back and forwards due to its unstable structure. The wind as it came closer towards the tower fused into a pink and purple like substance, clearly a gas, but noone in the town felt it or even smelt it. As the gas entered slowly through some open windows at the top. The strong winds covered the chemical substance's tracks and noone noticed it by the time it had engulfed the top of the tower.

"Welcome back to Supersonic with your host, the one and only Hibiki Ryoshu!" The radio host announced. "We're here with our main guest, DJ Soundproof. We've got some other guests coming on their way!" In the background, Soundproof's Pokemon played with Hibiki's. The DJ's Lombre danced, swinging around a curtain rail, whilst his Volbeat hovered in the air, playfully acquainting itself with Hibiki's Magnemite, a Pokemon Hibiki had had since his days as a cameraman. The Magnemite dropped a camera that was attached convieniantly to its hand-like magnets. A crewman grabbed the camera.

"You okay over there?" Hibiki asked the crewmember, before realising he was on air. "Oh that's right. We've got a technical issue here with the cameras. As you know, the show is being streamed online via Kanto Plus." He pressed a button as a song was put on in the background whilst they sorted out this mess. DJ Soundproof returned his Pokemon away, deciding they were too much of a distraction. Then they both heard a coughing sound coming from a few floors up.

"What was that?" DJ Soundproof whispered.

"Don't worry, we're off air!" Hibiki shouted. "Someone check that!" The crewmembers in front of them nodded and ascended a set of stairs. The coughing sound got louder.

Clyde the flying cabbie approached the tower. He wasn't sure what to say towards the police guards blocking the door but then noticed something. The two guards were sat against the wall of the tower, fast asleep, with a strange magical bubble coming off of each one of them. He entered the tower quickly and attempted to stealthily pass through the ground floor of the tower to see police searching for something, the blue uniforms pulling tables and chairs and furniture over. "There's nothing here." One of them said. "The Zorua ain't here. We should pack up and leave."

Clyde spotted Stanley and the others darted up the stairs nearby as some people were distracted. He approached the stairs and found himself inbetween two women with wreaths on their heads and strange white robe clothing, both holding odd necklace type. They gave him disapproving looks as he tried to approach the stairs but he shoved past them and climbed the stairs. He spotted guards that did not appear to be with the police, clearly they were employees of the radio broadcaster.

"Halt." One of the guards said to him.

"Its okay, laddie. I'm here ter be with Hibiki. I'm a guest of his from the Galar region."

"Wait a sec-"

"They didn't wait." Clyde pointed towards Stanley, Layla and Jacob who were creeping past a bunch of guards, hiding behind some exhibits which showcased the broadcaster's achievements. The guards turned to look before they started coughing. A thick pink gas filled the air before it turned purple. They fell to the floor almost instantly. Clyde pulled out a tube that was connected to a metallic mask. "Air pressure mask..." He said to Stanley as he approached Stanley.

"What...are you...doing...here..." Stanley coughed.

"I'm one of the guests for the radio programme mate...we need to get to safety."

"We can't...go back...our friend...is up here..."

"The one you talked about earlier?"

"Yeah."

Jacob and Layla crept up ahead. They took the forms of some of the guards. They managed to stealthily knock them out. Many of them were coughing as they struggled to find gas masks. Jacob saw one at a strange looking station and swiped it into his hands. He spotted a bag full of them underneath a table and carried them over towards Layla and Stanley, each of them taking a mask off of him and putting them on their faces.

Stanley was on the floor by the time the mask was on his face. "Arceus...thanks Jacob..." He stood up as Jacob nodded. "Wait a sec, why were there gas masks on the second floor of a radio station?"

"Looks like they anticipated this, these fellas." Clyde commented. He examined the masks. "These have been brought in recently. Hmmm...bizzare."

"You're saying, mister..." Layla approached Clyde with the overgrown mask attached to her face as it grew to accomodate it. "You're saying these broadcasters knew about the attack? They must be working with whoever did this?!"

"What Layla is saying here must be right. Who keeps gas masks in a radio station? We've got to find whoever did this." Stanley agreed.

"This purple-pink chemical in the air...whoever orchestrated this is the one who released it. They must be on one of the higher floors." Clyde explained. "I've seen this before somewhere..."

"We should get to the recording studio, the place the daily shows are broadcasted. What's his name again? Hibiki. Hibiki should be having his show on now, sometimes I listen to it. We've got to warn him and his other guests that they are in grave danger!"

The gas successfully knocked out most people in the tower who weren't wearing some sort of protective facemask or device. The Purple haze surrounded the tower and devoured the inside rooms. The majority of guards fell to the floor within the space of an hour, some surviving past that. It appeared that a small number of them on the inside had plotted this, as some had access to or were wearing masks right from when the gas had appeared. The haze caused a number of ghostly faces to appear once again in the tower.

A man in a purple costume with a cape and a magnicent dark purple masquerade mask dashed towards the top of the tower. He pressed a button on a metallic box which released more of the gas. The guards who had searched for him were now on the floor, screaming. He pulled out another device, a tablet and then a face of another masked man appeared, the Inquisitor. "It has been done, my lord." The vigilante announced.

Reina sighed loudly, feeling relieved it was all over. She hugged herself and crouched down, still aching from the electric attack she took earlier, then looked up at Penny. "We got them good huh? Um, where those the guys from yesterday?"

"Bzzt-alerting Officer Jenny-bzzt" Reina's phone floated around, display a message being sent to local authorities and taking pictures of the knocked down poachers.

Diva rushed over to the center of the group and used Life Dew one more time, giving everyone a bit more of energy once more, before using Moonlight on herself. Once her body stopped giving off a bright light, she skipped over to her trainer, patting the aching Reina on the back. Meanwhile, Maya rushed over to her victims, slithering around them, making sure they were no longer a threat.

"Diva you can stop singing now." Reina looked over to her partner Pokemon, but the confused look on the Clefairy made her think about her statement again. "You're not using sing?" With a pained body, Reina stood up and held her hand up, like if asking for silence. "Penny!" She cried out after a few seconds of silence. "Someone is using Sing! Lapras knows Sing right? Come on, it must be further down the stream!"

Although they had a clear idea of where to go, it wasn't easy getting there. The stream ended, going underwater into a smaller cavern, which forced the team to try and find a way around. With Maya scouting ahead and Diva standing close by, they had to go through some human made paths and some that weren't made for anyone to cross. Reina slipping and tripping every now and then because of the unsteady floor and rocks around them, with Diva laughing at anyone who had the same luck. After a few forks in the road, circling the same spot a few times and some luck, the sound of rushing water came.

"Bzzz-No Signal-Bzzt-"

"I guess we're in too deep." Reina shot the group an, everything will be okay, look. "Means we're getting closer right?"

They located the stream, now a river, soon after and continued to follow it. Reina offered the team her last water bottle, gave Diva and Maya some berries while they walked, just in case anything surprised them on their way, again. As they moved on, the cave grew larger along with the river, even some Magikarp could be seen swimming around now or Splashing nearby. The Zubat had become more active again, every now and then being joined by a Golbet, who carefully watched the intruders passing by. Finally, they reached it, a big underwater lake.

"Here we are I guess. I don't see any Lapras." Reina stopped at the edge and turned back to the team. "Maybe we need to wait here? We could set up, make some lunch, maybe have-"

Splash! A wave that seemed to come out of nowhere emerged from behind Reina and fell on top of her, leaving the astonished trainer standing there soaking wet. From behind her emerged a jolly Lapras, playfully splashing her front fins and letting out a small giggle before submerging into the waters once again. Further down the lake, a bigger more brave looking one emerged from the waters, sending a Water Pulse into the air, which exploded into a temporary drizzle around the area. Other, smaller Lapras came out to enjoy the small rain falling on them, joining in with a Sing. Diva, enraged how her trainer was treated, was angrily shaking her small fist towards them and saying who knows what to them.

"Nevermind, we found them." Reina said, looking at her wet clothes before turning around to see the Lapras playing around. "This was so worth the trip."

Colored
Union Cave, June 10

It took a moment for the idea of the battle being over to sink into the female, but it clicked the moment Dawn had clambered back up onto her head with a confident chirp.

“Oh, we… won. That’s nice, but-”

“LISK!”

Nino’s exclamation alerted Colored to the others running ahead, which led her to do the same as quickly as she could while the Heliolisk ran behind her. And it was because of this delay that she was able to avoid getting splashed by the Lapras that the others wanted to see.

And it admittedly made her really happy, too. They probably would have been able to manage this alone, but maybe she had helped out too. It was a bit of a hassle for Colored to think about, but she was happy enough.

And now the drama was over, her head was wandering back to that trade forum she supposedly got her now Cinccino from. This would need some investigation when she got access to a PC in Goldenrod or elsewhere, but she had her hopes up.

Maybe this was the boost she never knew she actually needed.

The battle itself felt as though it had taken an hour, but it was over before Penny even realized it, the last of the poachers retreating pathetically off away from the group of trainers. With a weak smile, the red-head forced herself to move to Theseus and Mirror (who'd already transformed back into its natural, blob-like state) and offering them reassuring pats. Both had done quite well. In fact, this wasn't the first time Penny had been impressed with Mirror's ability to hold its own in a bind.

Reassured that Reina was quick to contact the police, Penny stood and looked to Colored and Aldon, even as the soft sound of singing started to ring out further down in the cave.

"I...think I'm alright," she said, wiping some dust and muck off her skirt and legs. "Are you two...okay? I don't think those people did a lot of damage, right?"

Still, for a second day in a row, Penny had been dragged into some trouble down in Union Cave; were these ambushers of theirs connected with her assaulters the day prior? She could only guess, though none of them looked particularly familiar, and she'd gotten a good look at all the goons yesterday.

While she thought about their situation, she started to follow Reina further into the cave almost unconsciously. Until she heard her name.

"Penny? Oh, me? Yeah, yeah, singing Lapras of course," she responded, still half-there, though cognizant enough to keep up. "Come on, you two, we'll see some Lapras and get this whole thing out of sight, out of mind."

On the very edge of the splashing wave of the playful Lapras they'd stumbled onto, Penny felt droplets plop against her like harmless droplets of rain, as opposed to Reina's...soaked state.

"That's what you get for being too scared to cross the river on your own earlier." the smug teen said with a silly grin, even as her eyes widened and shone with delight at the sight of the beautiful, somewhat rare Lapras.

There were four in total, two small like little baby Lapras, and one quite large, the size of a Pokemon who'd been in charge of a pack (or packs) for much of its life. Penny wasn't quite sure whether the fourth was an older child or maybe a mate to the biggest, though it seemed to be the most joyful and carefree, while the two children played safely near the largest of the bunch.

"Look," she pointed out to the group, "I think those two are that one's little babies! They're adorable!!!"

Aldon chuckled as the third one fled, "Phew... I hope that's the last of that situation" Aldon said.

"Wunder, you deserve a rest for now" Aldon said returning his sigilyph.

"Wunder is definitely gonna need a little rest for a while. Hopefully your pokemon are all doing well too" Aldon said.

"Wooow.. Look at all those lapras... Very interesting..." Aldon said taking his pokédex out.

"Lapras! The transport pokémon! People have driven LAPRAS almost to the point of extinction. In the evenings, it is said to sing plaintively as it seeks what few others of its kind still remain. It is capable of understanding human speech!"

Procyon chuckled as the lapras splashed water.

"Still just babies... That means the mama is soemwhere. Let us hope the momma doesn't see us near the babies and become hostile" Aldon said cautiously.

Skol cheerfully was walking by, stomping his paws in water puddles.

$15,200
14x pokéballs
5x Super Potions
3x Full Heals
6x Oran berry,
C-Gear
Waterproof sleeping bag
Travel cooking supplies
Portable tent

Reina looked at the group of Lapras in the distance. She couldn't help but smile and aw while she watched the babies play around the bigger one. They seemed to be aware of their presence, but not really bothered by it. It probably just meant that Reina's group wasn't the first to discover the spot. The Lapras from before popped the top part of it's head out, just enough for her eyes to surface, while making bubbles playfully with her mouth. Reina smirked and reached for her a PokeBall, if she was to catch one, there was no better moment.

"Wait..." Reina let go and looked towards the bigger Lapras, which was looking back with a menacing way. "Maybe some other time." She sighed, giving up.

Aldon's Pokedex made Reina feel even more guilt, trying to catch a Pokemon like that, it didn't feel right. She turned around, ready to tell Penny they should set up lunch when suddenly, Splash! Again, Reina found herself getting soaked by the same Lapras. Reina growled as she turned around, giving the Lapras a mischievous look.

"Oh you think you're funny? We'll see how's laughing when I'm done with you!" She sat down an took her boots and socks off, rolling her pants up to her knees and tossing her wet sweater to the side. "It's on now, nobody disrespects Reina Cortez and gets away with it!"

Reina rushed towards the water and took a leap, using her weight to try and create a big enough splash to hit the Lapras. The Pokemon flapped it's fins joyfully as water hit it's neck and replied by sending big wave against Reina knocking her down. The trainer gasped and with a malicious smile, scooped some water and pretended to drink, before suddenly squirting the Lapras in the face.

"Take that!" Reina called out before getting throw to the ground again by a Water Gun attack. "I'm starting to think I'm out of my league here." She playfully raised one eyebrow. "I surrender Lapras! But I will get you next time."

The Pokemon chirped and let out a peaceful Sing before it began swimming in circles, as if celebrating. Reina laughed and began walking back to the group. She picked up her clothes and dropped them near Diva. "So, sandwiches?"

Already keenly aware of the way Lapras had been treated in the not-too-distant past (although no longer endangered, that didn't matter too much in her eyes,) Penny - who grew more confident by the minute these days - was reaching out ready to stop her overeager friend from from trying to catch one of the long-hunted Transport Pokemon. She was immediately thankful for Aldon's dex description, however, which stopped Reina in her tracks and made her reconsider.

"The mother's over there," Penny said to Aldon, who seemed to have missed the much larger Lapras looming around the back of the cave's water source. "Soon as we got here she had her eyes on us. I wonder..."

Although she didn't say it out loud, it was that moment Penny realized the men in the cave were likely there to hunt the Lapras, to capture or kill as a prize. Maybe her incident yesterday had been because of that? Not only had the dumb thugs gone to the wrong cave, but they'd gone on the wrong day.

While Reina played with the fourth Lapras - whom Penny still couldn't tell was the mother's mate or just an older child - the now "battle-proven" red-head (at least, she felt sort've proud of herself about it at the moment) remembered why she was even in Union Cave to begin with. Reaching into her bag, she pulled out a small, plastic container with haphazardly-shaped food pellets crammed inside. Popping the lid off, Penny knelt by the water and scooped out a handful.

"Don't worry," she said to the Lapras, sort of addressing them as a group. "We're friendly! I made some food for you. Hope it's alright, I found the recipe in a book, but I don't really do this often...or...ever."

"Diiiiiiittoo," Mirror said, popping out of its PokeBall with a formless elegance.

"These aren't for you, Mirror," she reprimanded her Pokemon. "This is Lapras food, you'll have lunch in a minute!"

"Laaaaapras!" Mirror said, instantly transforming into a doofy imitation of the elegant Transport Pokemon.

"That doesn't count!"

"Diiitto..." Mirror whined, its now-elongated neck drooping low in shame.

"Of course I'm proud of you don't...oh whatever!" Penny held out a handful of the food to Mirror, who snatched it out of her palm happily and with greed.

From the corner of her eye, Penny watched the two baby and mother Lapras huddle together for safety, their own gazes not leaving the group of humans. But once the fourth Lapras and Reina had gotten to playing, and Penny fed her Ditto with a food whose scent must have caught their attention, the three slowly started to drift over—but once they'd gotten a bit close for comfort, the babies lagged behind and the (incredibly) large momma Lapras pushed forward, just close enough to lower its head and open its mouth. Now a little skeptical herself, Penny held out the whole container of food. Without hesitation, the Lapras snatched its jaws shut gently around the edge of the container, turned as if on a swivel, and retreated with children in tow. They found their own, clear shore to set the food on, taking turns nibbling at the food—which Penny could at least surmise was okay.

Her own stomach growling now, when she heard the word sandwiches, her head turned back around to look at Reina with a hungry fire (emphasis on hungry) in her eyes.

"Sandwiches, you say?" she said, before realizing something that made her feel very silly. "I...hope you packed some because I think I only brought Pokemon food."

Aldon chuckled at the mischievous lapras water gunning Reina.

"Good aim!" Aldon said.

Skol had walked to the water's edge dipping his front two paws in the water before sliding into the water. Skol poked one of the lapras which splashed him with water. After a few seconds of floating there, Skol splashed back.

"Huh... Good catch" Aldon said to Penny as she pointed out where the mother was. He looked over at her. Aldon gave a friendly wave to show that he too was friendly.

"Looks like the lil guy was pretty hungry! Haha!" Aldon said gesturing to the lapras.

"Sandwiches, huh? I got plenty of lemonade for everyone of y'all are interested" Aldon said grabbing a few cans for everyone.

Skol was now floating in the water with only his snout and eyes poking out of the water. Skol shot some water from his snout causing one of the lapras to splash at him again.

$15,200
14x pokéballs
5x Super Potions
3x Full Heals
6x Oran berry,
C-Gear
Waterproof sleeping bag
Travel cooking supplies
Portable tent

While the Lapras splashed the Slowpoke in the water, Reina smiled at the team while she reached into her bag and pulled out a zip locked bag, containing three sandwiches. She had forgotten she only made three, thinking that was enough for her and Penny before meeting Colored and Aldon. She pretended otherwise though, confidently opening the bag and setting it in the center so they could each grab one. She looked over her shoulder once more, looking at the small group of Lapras while the fourth one would splash the Slowpoke, but kept turning back to look at Reina.

The young foreign trainer was mentally struggling, she knew that she was doing the right thing, but for some reason it felt wrong. As if reading her mind though, the Lapras stopped playing Skol and hit Reina's back with a small squirt of water. The trainer got up and looked at the Lapras, that seemed to be inviting her to play once more. Reina gave the Lapras a smile and then turned to the biggest one of the group. It seemed busy making sure the little ones ate the food Penny had given them. Once again the fourth Lapras tried to get Reina's attention, by letting out a loud cry and wiggling her ears. Reina bit her lower lip as she gathered the courage to speak her mind.

"Okay, listen. I came here to battle you and to try and capture you. Well just one of you. I can tell you have a lot of energy an curiosity right? Well, I'm planning on traveling the world and meeting a lot of people like the ones with me. So, if you want to see what else is out there, see it with your own eyes, I am your best choice for that, I promise, I really do, that you won't regret your decision." She placed her right fist over her heart.

The Lapras looked at Reina for a few seconds and then dove back into the water, disappearing under the surface. The bigger one turned its attention back to the food along with the smaller ones.

"Okay, I understand. Well I at least got that off my chest." Reina tried to put on a brave face, but was holding in her disappointment.

Just when she was about to give up, the Lapras emerged from the water once again, a few meters away, jumping out of the water and landing on the shore. It let out a loud cry and gave Reina a glare, as if challenging her. The older Lapras once again grew interested in Reina's group, except it didn't seem angry anymore, more like curious of how the situation would unfold.

Reina's face lit up with excitement. "You won't regret this!" She called out as she ran to her bag and grabbed Peque's Pokeball. "I think it's only fair you get to see my bond with my first partner! Go Peque!"

The Marshtomp emerged ready to battle, facing the Lapras with a confident smirk, similar to Reina's. The competition began and more of a fight it was a show of abilities and moves. Peque started off with a Mud Shot while the Lapras used her own Water Gun to fight back, both attacks seeming to be equal in power. The Lapras then proceeded to move in with a Body Slam, but Reina thinking quickly, managed to warn Peque just in time for him to set up a Protect. The small crated left behind where Peque created his force field was left behind as both Pokemon moved to the water. Despite being bigger, Lapras seemed to be better at swimming, always being one stop of Peque and keeping him from landing any Supersonic attacks. To their surprise, a Water Pulse did land, but that didn't seemed to have any effect on the ferry Pokemon, as she replied with a Water Pulse of her own. The Marshtomp recovered quickly, but seeing he was at a disadvantage in the water, he returned back to land, with the Lapras quickly following after.

Reina hadn't noticed up until that point, that the baby Lapras had began enjoying the battle, they even seemed to be cheering for the fellow pack member while the bigger one just kept her serious expression on. Maybe she just needed to impress her, maybe Reina just needed to show she was capable of taking care of one of their own.

"Let's get serious Peque, Rock Slide!"

Peque raised his arms as rocks emerged from the ground and began flying towards Lapras. The Pokemon wiggled her ears once more, before pieces of ice formed around her and shot towards the incoming attack. Both ended up taking damage, as some rocks hit the Lapras and some Ice Shards hit Peque. Again both Pokemon, used Water Pulse, the attack colliding in the middle and sending a small spray of rain all around the place. It seemed that both Pokemon were having fun, Lapras taunting Marshtomp to attack once more and Peque doing so with Rock Slide once again. This time the Lapras jumped over the projectiles going for a Body Slam. Reina was amazed how high a Pokemon that big could jump, but she gathered herself together just in time to have Peque send another Rock Slide.

Lapras cried out as she took the hit but still managed to land on Peque, the ground shaking a bit as she landed. Lapras then rolled over and set her eyes on Reina, like if waiting for praise after her show of power. Peque managed to stand up, his legs shaking, but still determined to continue.

"So what do you think? Are we good enough?" Reina looked at the Lapras and then towards the bigger one further down the shore. "Time for the final test huh?"

She ran over to her bag and grabbed the Moon Ball resting inside. "Alright, here it goes, go Moon Ball!"

The Pokeball flew across the shore and hit Lapras on the head, which the Pokemon didn't seem to mind as she wiggled her ears joyfully and let out a cry before being sucked in into the Moon Ball. Reina held her breath, she looked at the moving Poke Ball and then back at the bigger Lapras, with the babies looking onward with a wave of confusion in their little faces. The Moon Ball seemed to have been moving for hours even though it was just a few seconds before it clicked.

"Yes! Yes! We did it! I can't believe it!" Reina shouted as she pumped her fists into the air and then ran to pick up the Moon Ball. "Aw look at you, looking so peaceful in there." The Moon Ball began to pixilate, starting it's transfer to Reina's PC. "I'll go get you soon, okay? First thing I'm doing when we get back to town, is going to get you!" Reina raised the Moon Ball as it disappeared into thin air. "In one year." She said, looking towards the rest of the Lapras. "In one year, exactly from today, we'll come back. Just so you can see how strong we become together, I promise. Every year, we'll come meet you."

The Lapras all began to use Sing as they began swimming around the shallow waters with more confidence, the bigger once finally feeling okay with the presence of the group and the little ones trying to join in the fun. Reina couldn't help but put on a big grin and waved at the mother of the two Lapras, "Thank you for the confidence!"

She returned Peque and Maya back to their Poke Balls and joined the group. "Hey Penny, wanna split a sandwich? I'm starving."

Last edited:
Colored
Union Cave, June 10th

It’s hard to say she wasn’t splashed a lot by the Lapras before it appeared to be caught. During the middle of this fiasco, Drip had happily leapt free of his ‘ball and frolicked around as well, a bit tense from paralysis caused by the earlier attack but overall happy.

And while a bit irritated at being splashed so much (but splashing back for the entertainment of the duals types), Colored had unconsciously spoken her mind about what she thought.

“You know, I never thought I’d see a Lapras in my life. Living in Galar kind of does that to you. Especially since where I’m from, it’s just all craggy and stuff… that’s Stow-On-Side for you.”

Sighing a bit, she had began to wander to alternate opportunities after politely denying the idea of a sandwich. Everyone seemed to have really cool Pokémon as well, so…

No, it wouldn’t hurt at all to ask. So it’s exactly what she had done.

“Hey, uh.. you guys? Any chance you could recommend any Pokémon I could try catching? I’d rather not leave one of these Lapras on their own, and I’m truthfully clueless on what would make my team better. Besides from the three you’ve seen, I also have a Vulpix and Cinccino on me. If that helps at all…”

Still a little uncertain about splitting up what seemed to be a pretty happy Lapras family, Penny still watched and cheered for her friend, having realized that Reina had at least found a willing participant. It was short and sweet, and capped off with a strong throw and the satisfying sound of a PokeBall completing the capture. While Reina - and the other three Lapras, who seemed happy that one of their own had been caught, almost - celebrated, Penny opened up the sandwich her friend had set out, already in the act of splitting it in half before Reina had even suggested splitting it.

"Lemonade would be pretty good, thank you!" Penny nodded to Aldon who had offered, before turning her attention to Colored. "Truth be told, I don't really know anything about teams. I have Joltik, Ditto and Heracross and I just sort've...stumbled onto them. Well, Joltik was a gift. A starter, you know? I guess if you're looking to make your team better, you already have a fire, grass and electric-type—what about a water-type or something? There's lots of great fishing spots all over Johto, though, and variety!"

Then, after having divvied Reina's sandwich in half, Penny took an ungracefully large chomp out of her half, chewing with some difficulty. The three remaining Lapras finished off their song; the mother returned Penny's now-empty plastic container, and the little family drifted off into the darkness of the cave, wherever the Lapras who found Union Cave seemed to go during the rest of the week.

"I gueff fey 'iked i'." Penny said, her mouth still half-stuffed with it, picking up her container with a free hand.

Having almost forgotten, Penny released her own little troupe - Lil Zaps and Theseus, along the already-free Mirror - and pulled out smaller packets of food pellets marked with sharpie; LZ for Joltik, TH for Heracross, and MI for Ditto. Now with the rest of her half-sandwich tucked between her teeth, Penny fed her Pokemon with a fixed concentration.

"This has been fun and all," she said, pulling the sandwich out of her mouth while her three Pokemon chowed down on their food. "but once we're done eating we should get out of here. Caves are way less cool when there's beautiful Lapras lounging about."

Reina munched on her sandwich and looked at the small group she was with. The outcome of the trip had been to her liking, despite the rough start. She tried to think of a proper answer for Colored, but she decided to finish her food before pulling a Penny. The lemonade hit the spot also, she didn't realize how hungry and thirsty she was until she was actually consuming the goods. She finished with a loud sigh of satisfaction and stood up to wave the Lapras goodbye, it was a year off but she was already excited to see them again.

"A Dragon." She broke her own silence as she put on her boots and looked at Colored. "Back were I'm from, if you ever plan on being someone, you need a dragon. It's more of a culture thing, since our ancestors believe there's a sky dragon that protects us. So ever since then, they train dragon Pokemon. Basically, the stronger the dragon the stronger the trainer. It's not literal I believe, but if you can train a dragon, I'm sure the rest of your Pokemon will look up to you as a great leader. They're also very flexible in moves, always a good choice." She stuffed her sweater in her bag and took of her white blouse, wrapping it around her waist. "Which reminds me, Aldon was it? Are you a psychic specialist?"

Following Penny's advice, they group made their way back, with Reina leading proudly, feeling unbeatable. She was too distracted though talking about how she felt during the battles, her thought process, convincing herself it was for Penny to take notes, but really she just wanted to show off, and she didn't noticed they made a wrong turn after taking the ladder back to the main floor. They ended up leaving the cave, but on the wrong side, coming out on Route 33.

"Is it just me or is this a different place?" Reina looked around a bit worried, but that soon wore off when she saw the Pokemon Center in the distance. "Oh look! They must have that for hikers, come on I wanna get Lapras to join us!" She took off, not waiting for an answer and disappearing in the Pokemon Center.

Jean-Leu Cormier - Unranked - June 9th, Night - Lumiose City, Kalos

If Cormier had nothing else but a cigarette and the view from Prism Tower of his city lit up at night, he could have been the happiest man in Kalos. The Boss had much more than a cigarette and a view, however, and as he sparked his lighter and leaned on the steel railing overlooking Centrico Plaza he reflected on what he had.

puff...puff...huufff

For starters, his meal with Montagne earlier at the Corphish was exquisite. Cormier's father had been a foolish leader, but he had to admit that the old man's focus on extortion had at least produced fruitful relationships with several of the city's better restaurants. It was annoying that the old man neglected the Old Guard's other interests for so long, but remedying that situation was the point of Cormier's dinner with Montagne in the first place.

puff...puff...huufff

Their conversation was admittedly less satisfying than the meal, especially that Johtoan red, but it left Cormier with a better idea of how soon he'd be able to play the ace he'd spent the last six years cultivating. The boy was good at following orders, and even if he was bad at hiding his disdain for certain orders he always fulfilled them. There wasn't a doubt in Cormier's mind that Montagne was capable of getting his first gym badge before the end of June, but the issue of whether or not he would was another question entirely now given the boy's outburst.

puff...puff...huufff

'Why do you care about what I do when I'm not on a job?' The question was almost comical. He was sure that if the boy's entire business was knowing what his assets were doing at any given time, he'd want to know why the fuck one of his most integral men spent two weeks doing nothing useful after sitting in a cell for four months contributing nothing to the Guard.

He should've taken the brat under his wing from the get go instead of letting the brothel's wenches raise him. It just goes to show what running from his problems got him, but he should've expected the boy's attachment to the brothel would outweigh his attachment to the milleu after leaving him there for...how long was it? Fifteen years?

puff...puff...huufff

Still, he had time. It wasn't a massive priority to test the boy's loyalties, and there were more pressing matters Cormier had to deal with. Montagne was just one of several beaux voyous he'd tasked with training Pokémon, and whether or not his soldiers would be ready for war was more important than if one of them would prioritize a single Old Guard asset over the good of the milleu.

The Guard needed new opportunities after taking so many hits in so little time, and as far as Cormier was concerned everything came back to Pokémon. Montagne seemed to understand that, but only time would tell if he would commit to gaining the strength he needed as a trainer. The boy was certainly content to act like he didn't need a Pokémon, after all.

puff...puff...huufff

An Absol. His own knowledge was limited, but Cormier knew they were a Dark-Type species. He'd have to keep his own cards close to his chest before the boy got any bright ideas about who his partner could fa- Damn, his cigarette was out.

Cormier flicked the butt over the railing, watching it plummet down to Centrico Plaza, but before he could retrieve another from the metal case he kept in his breast pocket he felt his phone start to vibrate. It was about damn time he got the call.

"Antoine!" Cormier answered with a swift swipe of his finger. "How has your night been?"

"Successful, Boss. You'll never believe the kind of operation they're running down here." The beaux voyou had been assigned a scouting mission into some sort of underground gambling ring they Old Guard had caught wind of, and Cormier had spent his night patiently waiting for his spy's report.

"Magnifique!" Cormier exclaimed. "Don't spare a single detail." As Antoine began narrating that night's mission into enemy territory, the Boss looked out over his city and envisioned the legacy he would soon create. This opportunity was too good to pass up, and if Cormier could make something of it he could put the Old Guard back on top.

Montagne Khastil - Unranked - June 9th, Night - Lumiose City, Kalos

After so long confined to her Luxury Ball, an interminable 35 minutes by Monty's count, Oracle was furious with her trainer. No sooner had his feet hit the cobbled street outside the Corphish than Oracle popped out of her Ball, materializing in a flash of white light and white fur to subject him to the worst of her Pressure that she could muster.

"I told you earlier to knock it off with the Pressure!" Monty exclaimed exasperatedly as he felt the weight of his entire body increase, particularly in his legs and shoulders, and he dragged himself along as Oracle pitter-pattered alongside him with a signature Intimidate-worthy glare in her red eyes.

"You could at least save it for our battle practice, you know." Monty lamented to his irate partner. "I don't know how much you can hear in that Ball, but we need to get our first gym badge before July." Oracle stared blankly at him, and the criminal rolled his eyes as he thought, Why did I say that like she knows what a gym badge is?

"That means we need to beat an opponent who's whole job is battling," Monty explained. That seemed to register with Oracle, and a smug looked passed through her eyes as she held her head higher. "Don't get too confident yet," her trainer warned to deaf ears. Before they could get any gym badges, he'd need to test her strength against some wild Pokémon, or better yet some other novice trainers like himself. The Absol certainly seemed to believe she was strong, but Monty would need a little more proof than that.

They walked side-by-side for a short while until they reached a small convenience store, and after a quick mental recall of the last time he fed his partner Monty opted to stop in and pick up a pair of oran berries for her to eat before they got back to the brothel and he could feed her properly.

Monty thought the purchase was considerate, but Oracle didn't share his sentiment. The Absol turned her nose up at the berries, and didn't even bother to look at her trainer as he asked, "What, too good for oran berries?" Her answer was clear as she kept her nose turned up and started walking away, and Monty gritted his teeth as he followed after he and said, " Whatever. You're going the wrong way, we can get back faster if we cut through here."

The trainer motioned toward a nearby alleyway, and Oracle turned back to follow him as he confidently led the way through the dark corridor. It was a shortcut Monty took often to avoid large crowds, especially on summer nights like tonight when it seemed like the whole city was out and about enjoying themselves, and he navigated it like the back of his hand.

Light poured into the alleyway from the street, and as they emerged from the darkness Monty turned back to his partner to say, "We're almost ho-"

THUD!

Monty walked straight into something, and his head snapped forward at the sudden stop to see he'd walked straight into someone. Some punk with a blood-stained shirt was in his way, and the criminal wasted no time barking, "Watch it kid," as though he wasn't the one who hadn't been paying attention.

He sized up the punk with a glance, noting the clear beating he had to have just taken. Very few people walked around Lumiose with such a display, so it clicked instantly for Monty that this guy was either the unfortunate victim of the worst mugging he'd seen in a while or he had been somewhere dishing out the beating. Based on that look in his eye, it's probably the latter, the criminal thought as adrenaline started to course through his veins. The conversation with Cormier had gotten his blood boiling, and maybe Monty just found his chance to let off some steam.

Last edited:

Aldon noticed the limited number of sandwiches. It was a good thing Aldon ate a fairly decent sized breakfast. "Luckily I'm not really hungry..." Aldon said. Aldon looked at the lapras watched the interaction between Reina and the lapras unfold. It was a bit surprising to see it jump on land. Would seem they really do understand human speech.

"Come here Skol!" Aldon said calling his slowpoke over. Slowpoke seemingly ignoring Aldon slowly began making its way towards Aldon. Very very slowly. When Skol reached land, Skol picked up pace as he walked on land. He waved at the other lapras and headed towards Aldon.

Aldon watched the pokeball catch the lapras. "Huh... Not bad..." Aldon said.

Aldon shrugged at Colored, "Uuuuugghh... Might find something interesting on one of the routes nearby" Aldon said.

Aldon smiled at Penny, "Sure thing! I have plenty" He said cheerfully.

"Uuuuuggghh... No? I do have a lot of psychic pokemon... I've always enjoyed catching prehistoric pokemon, like Wunder(sigilyph) or baltoy. For a archeologist, these are some really interesting finds, aaaand... Skol is Skol" Aldon said chuckling as he gestured to the slowpoke. Aldon knew Wunder would be happier if they went to the pokécenter, and Aldon could pick up some more food for the journey. Possibly do some more cooking for the journey.

$15,200
14x pokéballs
5x Super Potions
3x Full Heals
6x Oran berry,
C-Gear
Waterproof sleeping bag
Travel cooking supplies
Portable tent

Brian Killian - Trainer rank: 267
June 10th - Wild Area, Galar Region

Brian hummed a merry tune as he walked down the field of the Wild area towards the Max Lair, as he got closer and closer, he could hear the few trainers he saw argue among themselves, one of them seemed to have a Dedenne on her shoulder. Any kind of squabble seemed to annoy Brian, especially when it was most likely something so simple... and simple it was.

"We can't just go in there just like that, we need to find a fourth guy for our raid!" The girl with a stunning white dress and sky blue coat snapped as her Dedenne squeaked out in agreement.

"I'm telling you, my partner's more than enough to take on whatever Pokemon's in that lair!" A dark skinned boy with a studded leather jacket and mohawk boasted as he waved the Poke ball in the girl's face.

"Guys! Please! This argument's gonna get us nowhere!" A boy wearing glasses with a black and white cap and a black coat over his grey hoodie pleaded as he pushed both the dark skinned boy and girl away to break up the argument.

"Oh quiet you! It's not like your help's gonna make any-" The dark skinned boy said before he was interrupted by the sound of someone clearing their throat, specifically Brian as he walked over to the trio and waved to them, the girl was the first to wave back followed by the boy in glasses.

"Greetings everyone, it seems like you're also here to participate in this raid, are you not?" Brian asked with a friendly smile.

"No, we're here to see how Pokemon eggs are made." The dark skinned boy said with a scowl, clearly he didn't appreciate the earlier interruption.

The girl let out an annoyed sigh. "Yeah, we are. We heard rumors about this tough Pokemon and wanted to go up against it for the experience, I'm okay without it, but it seems like these two wanna get their hands on it." She said before moving closer to Brian to whisper. "Personally, I think he should have it." She said while she very lightly gestured to the boy in glasses.

Brian nodded. "I see, well like you, I'm also here for the experience and could use the chance to try out what Galar has to offer. Before we proceed, allow me to introduce myself to you all. My name is Brian." He said as he put his hand to his chest like a butler about to formally bow.

The girl smiled at Brian's politeness. "My name's Heather, this little darling of mine is Sparky." She said and gestured to her Dedenne who gave Brian an adorably cheerful little wave."

"Call me Zander." The boy with glasses said as he tipped his cap to Brian.

The dark skinned boy scoffed and looked away with folded arms. "Eric." He said with a clear tone of indifference before he went to walk towards the Max Lair, both Heather and Zander looked back with slight annoyance, Brian on the other hand merely shrugged.

"A pleasure to meet you all, since we're a team of four now, shall we proceed on inside? I imagine some of you must have been waiting for a while." Brian said as he put his hands in his coat pockets, Heather and Zander smiled and nodded as they too proceeded on inside, ready to face the colossal Pokemon that resided within.

11:17 PM June 9th, Thursday
- Lumiose City, Kalos

“What the fuck?!”

Acer had been a fool to think he would even be allowed a nice, peaceful stroll on his back to his hotel room. However, that possibility seemed to be shattered once he suddenly collided with what felt like a brick wall. Except it wasn’t. Somebody had walked out of an alleyway just as he was passing it, leaving Acer next to no time to brace himself from the impact. He took a few steps backwards with his hands over his face for a moment to recover and responded accordingly when this person had the nerve to blame him for this incident.

“My guy, how about you watch where you’re- oh...”

After he removed his hand once the momentary pain was gone, Acer froze when he saw who he had bumped into. He should’ve known by now his luck when it came to bumping into people was horrible. At least Ricky didn’t look like trouble at first glance. This brown haired guy had a whole scar running down a part of his face and even more on his hands. Acer cursed his luck. The worst part was, that he still had some lingering bruises from his fight with Patrick and the steely eyes of the brute seemed to have noticed. Considering he had just coke straight out of some alleyway and his physical appearance, this guy was bad news. Not wanting to take any chances, Acer attempted to reach for a Poké Ball that should be attached to the Pokébelt around his waist. Unfortunately, it quickly dawned on Acer that he didn’t have Froakie with him. This meant he only had one other option. Escape.

“M-my bad. Sorry about bumping into you, Sir.”

Stuttering an apology, Acer would then attempt to continue walking with the hope the guy wouldn’t pursue him any further.

Montagne Khastil - Unranked - June 9th, Night - Lumiose City, Kalos

That's disappointing, Monty thought as he watched the punk slink away. Here he was, ready for a fight, but there went his would-be opponent. At first it seemed like the kid would give him some modicum of entertainment, but he apparently changed his mind when he realized who exactly he was dealing with. Still, what was the point of being good at fighting if no one wanted to fight?

"Get lost," the criminal jabbed at the fleeing teen, and though he crossed the street into the next alleyway he still wasn't entirely satisfied with how the encounter played out. The sound of "Sir" on the punk's lips was almost as satisfying to Monty as busting them open would've been, but something about the way the kid's demeanor shifted bothered him.

Oracle followed Monty into the alley and exchanged a look with her trainer as he recalled the way the kid cautiously reached for his waist, but didn't actually grab anything. Was he reaching for a gun? Monty thought as he thought of the fast-departing kid, but discarded that idea right away. If he had a gun he would've pulled it right then and there, and if he had one before but lost it in his fight he probably would've gotten himself killed by whoever beat his ass in the first place.

He had to have been reaching for a Poke Ball, the criminal decided, but that still didn't explain why he didn't send out his partner. Maybe he left it at home. Monty already found Oracle's ball hard to keep track of if he didn't leave it in his pockets, so it was entirely plausible. Still, that didn't explain why the kid reached for his belt after already clearly getting his ass beat. If he already didn't have his partner to defend him in a fight before, why would he reach for it again now?

It must've been stolen, Monty deduced, and though he was quite pleased with himself for having sleuthed out the mystery of the empty-belt-reacher he groaned at the prospect of more work that the realization dropped on him. Cormier wouldn't care about some random kid getting beat up, but some random kid getting beat up and having his Pokemon stolen would raise eyebrows with the Guard. Even if it was just a coincidence, Monty couldn't let the kid leave without making sure a new player hadn't moved into Old Guard territory.

"Shit," the criminal groaned as he pivoted on his heel. Oracle gave him a confused look, as though she didn't know why he was bothering to turn back around, but followed after him as he said, "We can't let him get away." His boots stomped down the alley's dark cobblestones and he broke back into the light and spotted the kid's fast-disappearing form down the street.

"HEY KID!" Monty called as he quickened his pace to a brisk walk. "WAIT UP!"

Colored
Union Cave > Route 33, June 10th

Before she could even open her mouth to comment on the issue herself, Penny had been lightly Water Gunned by Drip on her comment of adding a water type. Of course, Colored had tried to apologise as she had walked out a bit wetter than before. After that, she had simply sighed.

“Something on the routes or a dragon… neither would hurt, I’m sure.”

She had been quietly running calculations on what to do while carefully leaving the cave, Nino still providing light until the exit was safely accessible. After his job was done, he was returned as Colored had quietly began walking down this pathway. If the others were still around, she had no intention on talking to them right now.

But from a few maps she had read, Azalea Town was just ahead… hopefully that meant there’d be access to this trade forum she was curious about, too.

June 10th. Route 33...Wait...Is This Route 32? How did that

Penny's inexperience with traveling out-and-about in her own, home turf seemed to have tripped the group up—not directly, per se, but maybe she shouldn't have let the foreign tourist Reina take charge leading the group out of Union Cave. Still, the red-headed teen wouldn't have done much better in the first place. She, like Reina, hadn't even really noticed they went the wrong way until they stepped out of the cave with a PokeCenter smack dab in front of their faces. Wringing out her still slightly-wet clothes, Penny sighed.

"Yeah, different place," Penny said, scratching at the back of her head with an awkward laugh. "I think we both need to pay more attention where we're going..."

But nevertheless she shrugged, following her friend into the PokeCenter, just ahead of Aldon and Colored, checking on her Pokemon. Mirror and Theseus had both been injured in the cave, though Diva the Clefairy had kept them mostly healthy where they otherwise might have sustained a lot of damage. Still, Penny figured her partners were tired enough after another long encounter that they deserved a good rest.

"Thanks for the lemonade by the way, Aldon," Penny said with a cheerful smile, before turning to Colored trying to hide her annoyance about being splashed for some petty mistake. "Sorry I forgot about your Vaporeon when suggesting Pokemon, there was a lot going on in that cave if you hadn't noticed, and it's not even—nevermind."

Not trying to linger and stay annoyed too long, Penny left for the counter of the PokeCenter, where she wordlessly placed Heracross's and Ditto's PokeBalls onto a small, silver tray. Nurse Joy tried to engage in minor chit-chat, but exhausted from multiple days of being under attack, Penny found it difficult to respond in kind. Instead she just apologized in a mumble and found a booth near a window outside, facing a line of trees on the opposite side of the entrance to Union Cave.

She checked her phone, which she'd kept on silent all day so far. Six missed calls, all from her father. Penny sighed, wondering how adventurers could do it day in and day out.

June 10, Friday - Route 32, Johto. Reina, current rank, 49,425.

Reina's eyes focused on the blue screen of the PC as she logged in to her account. She quickly accessed the Pokemon stored and the first one to come up and only one, was her new Lapras. She smiled at the screen and then looked down at the Pokeball in her hand, which contained Chente. She had decided to switch it up with her grass type since there was a flying type gym in the horizon, which meant Lapras would need more training. She kissed Chente's Pokeball before setting it on the small round slot next to the pc. On the screen she selected to withdraw Lapras and deposit Chente. The Lumbre's pokeball vanished and in its place, the Moon Ball appeared, with Lapras sleeping inside quietly.

"Welcome to the team! Now, we just need a nickname for you..." She grabbed the Moon Ball and placed it in her bag. "I better go get a nice open field to let her out."

Reina walked to the front counter and gave the Chansey the Pokeballs containing Maya, Diva, King and Peque. While her Pokemon were taken to get healed she walked over to Colored and Aldon, while looking around for the missing Penny. "Hey, thanks for the help back there it was really nice having you two around. Why don't we exchange phone numbers? In case we're in the same area again we can team up." She shot them a smile while her Rotom Phone floated around them, showing Reina's phone number to them and then waiting for theirs. "I'll be heading towards Violet city from here though, make sure to keep track of me in the Pokemon League." She offered to shake their hands. "Thanks again really, I'll be outside while my Pokemon get healed and then I'll start up this Route."

Reina left the Center with a boosted self esteem. She had made some new friends, caught a really good Pokemon and won a GYM badge, in two days. She reached out for the Pokeball containing Lapras and held it out in front of her while looking for a good open area to release the Pokemon.

"Come on out Lapras!"

The water type emerged with a happy cry while wiggling her ears and flapping her fins. She looked around a bit first, until her eyes set on her new trainer. With a happy chirp, she hit Reina with a small Water Gun, which caught the trainer off guard as she fell and landed on her behind.

"Not again!" Reina looked at her wet shirt. "Oh well." She stood up and walked over to the Lapras, reaching on her toes to pet her over the head. "Now, if you were me, what name would you give you?"

Aldon Larch, June 10, Friday - Route 32, Johto​

Aldon had his pokémon healed at the pokécenter. Just as quickly as they had traveled through union cave, they had no left union cave and were now leaving the pokécenter.

"Time sure flies by fast when your on an adventure, I guess?" Aldon said. It was funny traveling with Penny, Reina and Colored. Aldon wasn't sure what they were gonna do next, but at least they found the lapras.

Aldon chuckled as the lapras still used water gun at Reina. Her question felt a bit odd, though perhaps that were merely a factor of how she phrased it. Aldon wondered what sort of name Reina would give her lapras. Lapras could understand human speech, but that didn't mean humans could understand a lapras, so Aldon ruled out the possibility of the lapras giving itself a name.

Aldon looked at Skol. The slowpoke laid there enjoying the breeze.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
...Whatever
....Whenever.

"..."

"..."

"You got any...nines?"

"...murr..."

In the bush, Charade remained. He was playing go fish with his newly acquired Whismur, all the while Croagunk looked between the two, judging the game. This turn was going on forever. After a few seconds, Whismur took one of the cards and began nibbling on it.

"Those go in your HAND not your MOUTH!" Charade corrected.

Not a second after he said that, his phone began to ring. Not looking at the caller ID, Charade snatched it up with an annoyed expression plastered on his face.

"Yo, Crimson Crew line-"

"Trevor? When's ya comin' home?! I made meatloaf!" Came the scratchy voice on the line.

"I TOLD YOU I WAS GOING OUT MOM!! And its CHARADE!"

"Uhhhh okay. What are ya doin' hun?"

"EVIL THINGS!!!"

"You out there makin' friends? That's swee-"

"VILLAINS DONT HAVE FRIENDS, MOOM! ONLY GRUNTS!!"

"Well whatevah you call 'em sweety, hopes yous havin' fun wit 'em. When you want me to pick ya up?"

"I Don't know, how about half past- NEVER!!!! Though uh, maybe a bit past midnight maybe...k love u."

Charade hastily said his piece before hanging up the phone. Sighing a dramatically long sigh, Charade looked to his two Pokémon, who still sat next to him.

"...Moms. Amiright?"

Ezio Farello, June 10th, Oblivia Region, Oblivia Ruins, Secret Room

Ezio used Erebus as a crutch to get up, forcing himself to take deep breaths as his ribs hurt with every inhale. They were probably broken, but he did wear the armor which cushioned some of the impact. Still, he was not going to act tough and say it didn't hurt, because it totally did. "Thanks girl, but be a litte more careful next time. You know I don't like seeing you overexert yourself, try using a Flamethrower or something instead." As the man stood up, he put his hand on the brown armor which began to glow. A ghastly apparition appeared in front of the armor, turning to face Ezio. It was a large, burly man with dark skin, long brown hair tied into a braid, lightning bolt earrings and clothes whose colors ranged from gray to brown with the exception of his skirt, which was green.

"My name is Pasados, Temple Captain of the Rock Temple, son of Erios and wielder of the Rock Armor. Who wakes me? I beseech thee, introduce thyself!" The large man said, his voice booming in spite of being a ghost. Ezio took a minute to recover from the surprise, but decided that it was probably a bad move to not listen to the ghost. Standing up as straight as possible, the man bowed to the ghost.

"My name is Ezio Farello, archeologist, son of Valentino and wielder of Pokémon. Apologies for awakening you, it was not my intention to disturb your rest." The archeologist said, Erebus right behind him. The Typhlosion did not quite trust this apparition, and she was not above scorching the dead. She'd done it before with the plenty of Ghost types she had to fight through who called ruins their home.

Pasados also noticed Erebus, yet did not seem to be intimidated. In fact, he seemed to be impressed. "Is that Typhlosion yours? I have not seen someone use a Fire type openly ever since the Great Burning. Does that mean Oblivia has changed its opinion on Fire users?"

Ezio's eyes widened as he was unaware of what Pasados was talking about. "She is, but what were you talking about? The Great Burning?"