• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Esther
Saturday Night, June 11 – Gilded Field, Dappled Grove, Galar Region​

“Support or offense...” Esther mulled over that issue, “I don’t really have a preference, but since I already have power with Pyrrha then I guess I’ll go for a support pokémon, thanks!”

She was familiar with Butterfree, but Munna was different. She wondered what the pokédex had to say about that.

Pokédex Entry 517: Munna, the Dream Eater Pokémon

Primary Type: Psychic

It eats dreams and releases mist. The mist is pink when it's eating a good dream, and black when it's eating a nightmare.

Dream Eater pokémon, huh?

To make sure she wasn't missing anything she decided to check the other pokémon with her pokédex as well; unfortunately, it appeared the decision was all but made for her. Roselia, Snover, and Butterfree were largely diurnal, and thus they were active during the day. Since she was searching at night, it would be difficult to find them as they'd be resting in their respective abodes.

"Guess I'll go after a Munna."

Ezio Farello - June 14th, Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh

"Oh yeah, Erebus would do anything for sweets. When she was a Cyndaquil, she'd always beg for treats knowing full well she was cute enough to get away with it." Ezio said, chuckling. "Maybe I'll look into it, isn't there like a Poffin Club in Hearthome City or something? I haven't been in Sinnoh for a good while, think the last time I was here was when I challenged the gyms here."

Rick
Tuesday, June 14th - Desert Resort, Unova

The first section of Route 4 looked like an extension of Castelia, with just more buildings along the road. Turning to the west path, however, the route started to become progressively more barren, leading towards a pathway through a rocky hill and towards the entry gate of the Desert Resort. "So... I guess this is it. Lets check out what a Resort from Unova has to offer, shall we?" Rick said, before taking a few more steps forward... just to get disappointed as soon as he set a foot at the sand and looked around.

Pearl and Zephir jumped out of their balls at their free will, presumably expecting some luxury environment. Well, their reactions would probably be the same as his trainer's. "Yap! This is a Resort! I feel rested already. Does anyone feel rested here?" Rick asked, mostly rhetorically and with sarcasm, as both pokémon frowned and winced due to the heat and the sand blowing at their skins. "Anyways! It is what it is. Now get into your balls until we find those ruins, then we'll see what type of conditions we'll find." Rick said, as both pokémon returned to their balls. "One thing is for certain. It might not get any better than this other than inside the ruins." Rick muttered, urging Iris forward. The desert would only get harsher from there.

Sorrel Markson
June 21st (10 years ago), Pallet Town, Kanto

Sorrel’s eyes darted to one side, where the other boy was directing his own Pokemon in battle against the Grimer. It seemed as if the attacks the Riolu made had relatively little impact on the sludge monster, although a helpful Leech Seed launched by the Bulbasaur might end up helping to chip it down. Due to the fast pace of the battle, Sorrel hadn’t caught whether the attack hit or not. His attention had been brought back to the struggling of the grunts trying to extricate themselves from the binding vines of Boots, who currently had his whole attention on sending a vine back in elsewhere whenever the men managed to pry one loose. Of course, he had comparatively little combat experience, so his restraints weren’t going to last forever. One of the grunts had already managed to pry off about a third of the vines that were restraining him, and several of the vines had been torn or otherwise damaged by the rough treatment they received from the men they were holding captive. Fortunately, the damaged vines weren’t causing notable pain to Boots. On the other hand, a flailing kick had caused him to cry out slightly in shock and pain, and his grip had loosened a little.

Elsewhere on the battlefield, the Charmander was trying hard to dodge attacks from the Magnemite, and trade blows with it when possible. A Thundershock had come close to hitting her a moment ago, and the tingling shock looked like it had brushed against her tail as she twirled out of the way. She was breathing more heavily now, and it seemed the Magnemite had switched from using Spark to longer-ranged moves, at least for the most part. The obvious solution would be for her to counter with ranged moves of her own, and she likely knew Ember, based on what he’d read about Charmander in his books.

“Charmander, try an Ember! It’s weak to fire attacks!” Sorrel called out. Suddenly, the Charmander whipped her head around and glared at the boy, the battle lust on her face twisted further by anger, and perhaps just a hint of grief or fear. Sorrel was stunned, unsure why the fiery little fighter had such an expression in response to a reasonable piece of advice. He only caught the look for a second, though. The Magnemite’s trainer, still working to get loose from the vines, saw the Charmander’s distraction and smirked. “Magnemite, end it! Spark!” Sorrel’s eyes widened as the Magnet Pokemon once again cloaked itself in crackling electricity and charged towards the distracted Charmander. “Quick Charmander, you gotta dodge!” He shouted, but she didn’t have time. Turning her head back towards the battle, she only had a second to see the sparking Magnemite drawing closer and closer, aiming to take her out of the fight.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

She had been dodging, weaving, and generally juking the Magnemite. However, she was getting a bit frustrated, since it seemed keen on keeping her at range and not letting her start another Beat Up. Her frustrated Growl seemed to daunt the Magnemite even further towards returning to melee combat, which was beneficial should it ever go for another physical attack, but for now just made the fight even more difficult. As much as she hated to admit it, this Magnemite had a lot more practical experience than she did, and she might have bitten off a little more than she could chew.

She had just slipped past a Thundershock, ignoring the painful jolt that came from a glancing blow to her tail, when the boy (who she had, ahem, inadvertently protected when she attacked the Magnemite with Beat Up) suggested she use Ember. Logically, there was no way he could have known that she didn’t use Ember, but she was already letting herself soak in anger and rage. Logic wasn’t what was leading her at the moment. And logic wouldn’t save the boy from her baleful gaze, making clear her wordless displeasure with his suggestion. She remembered all too clearly the last time she’d had a boy his age command her to use Ember, and she wouldn’t make the mistake of listening to that command again. Her painful memories weren’t allowed to dwell for long, fortunately, because the grunt finally made that Third Mistake she had been thinking about earlier. He’d commanded his Pokemon to use Spark again, which she wouldn’t have time to dodge due to her distraction. She didn’t need to dodge, though. In the second she had before the Magnemite impacted her, she grimaced and braced herself, one foot sliding back to give her better traction and raising her arms to meet the her opponent as they came.

The Sparks burned painfully, but she grinned and fought through the sting as she was pushed back by a foot or so, then launched her Counter. She gripped the sparking hunk of junk by the sides, lowered her stance, and threw it past her body and onto the ground. Then, her body twisted, her tail glowed with a ruddy orange energy, and she slammed it into the Magnemite, leaving a dent in its shell and sending it flying down the street, skipping off the surface once or twice before rolling to a halt, singular eye swirled.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

Sorrel wasn’t quite sure what had happened. One moment, he thought the Charmander would attempt to dodge and maybe manage to lessen the impact of the blow. The next, she was destroying the Magnemite, tanking the direct hit and retaliating with a furious strike empowered by rage and body faintly shimmering with brown-orange energy. The Charmander looked quite a bit worse for wear after the attack, breathing heavily and hardly moving, but the flame adoring the tip of her tail was shining more brightly than ever, and there was an almost grim but ultimately victorious look on her face. Sorrel began to cheer, impressed by her hard work. “Great job! That was a really good move!”

Before he could even finish his sentence, though, she darted off, seemingly ignoring her battle-worn state and focused purely on continuing to fight. He saw her rush over to the group fighting the Grimer, and once again she began to be surrounded by shadowy forms which aided her in the assault, her own initial blow from a darkened claw followed by three other strikes. Since she seemed to be doing alright, if a little beaten up, Sorrel turned his attention back to his own partner. To his horror, one of the grunts had just worked their way free of the Bind and was getting away from Boots so he wouldn’t get tied up again. The other was probably over halfway free, and Boots looked like he was starting to struggle. Several snapped vines lay scattered on the ground near the grunt’s feet, showing the price Boots had paid to keep the men out of the fight.

Sorrel felt bad for neglecting his partner while the fight between Magnemite and Charmander had been going on. Knowing his partner needed a break, he did the best thing he could to make sure Boots got some relief. “Boots, Stun Spore on the guy you’ve still got tied up, then Ingrain!” Boots glanced over at Sorrel, who got the impression his partner was relieved based on the way his eyes shifted. The Tangela shook itself, releasing a powdered paralytic agent into the air around him. It quickly took hold on the struggling man, and his muscles twitched and spasmed for a moment as a Paralysis took effect. Boots then released the remaining vines on the man, ran to the nearest patch of open lawn, and began digging several of his vines into the grass. Within ten seconds, he was fully rooted, and he began absorbing nutrients from the ground. From here on out, his moves would be more limited, but at least he would start feeling better soon.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Date: June 11 evening, year unknown. Region: Galar. Area: Dappled Grove.

"Munna is a good option, as long as you keep it out of combat. I believe it would be best to hang back while you have another Pokemon soaking up aggression." He nodded, trying to give a few helpful pointers. He looked at Blitz and she sighed, returning to her ball before he could say anything, Of course, Adolphian sighed himself and shook his head. However, he didn't make an issue of it, since he knew his Pokemon needed their rest. "Is there anything you need before we go out and catch a Munna? If not, it's best to get this done quickly." He finished.

Of course, while he waited for a reply, the sound of Vuurbin's telepathy filled the minds of the two trainers. "Adolphian, you really are clueless, aren't you? Oh, what will we do with you? Being unemployed shouldn't be a bad thing, you know. This world is a blank slate, full of opportunities! You just need to show some initiative! You'll get nowhere if you don't have a clear goal!" She 'spoke' with a giggle. And of course, as soon as the words sunk into her trainer, his eyes closed and he went into what seemed like a brief moment of meditation. He then responded with a rather quiet, and almost hurt voice. "I thought out of anyone, you'd understand, Vuurbin... My entire life has been trained to help people, as you're well aware... However, now, I'm in a unique state where, once my work is done here, I'll be lost like a Growlithe without a master. I don't know what I'm doing here, and I thought you'd understand why. I couldn't just sign up for any professional tournament, as I'm basically nobody, and have no record anywhere. And nobody would accept a random stranger as a medical professional, even though I have my licence on me, it wouldn't be accepted..." He slumped against a tree, the words of Vuurbin doing surprisingly well to completely undermine his confidence and cheerful attitude, returning him to the state he was in but a few days ago.

Saturday Night, June 11 – Gilded Field, Dappled Grove, Galar Region

After the two other trainers excused themselves from the table, James had stayed for a while before going to bed, feigning tiredness. The truth was that he didn't want to go to bed and have nightmares, so that's why he found himself, a couple of minutes before midnight, looking at the escape pod that had brought him to this planet.

"Okay sis, let's get you somewhere safe."

He opened the hatch to get inside, entering the 4-digit code which definately wasn't 1234. James the proceeded to wheel the cryo-pod out to hide it somewhere closer. As he got closer to the ranch house, he heard a voice.

"I thought out of anyone, you'd understand, Vuurbin... My entire life has been trained to help people, as you're well aware... However, now, I'm in a unique state where, once my work is done here, I'll be lost like a Growlithe without a master. I don't know what I'm doing here, and I thought you'd understand why. I couldn't just sign up for any professional tournament, as I'm basically nobody, and have no record anywhere. And nobody would accept a random stranger as a medical professional, even though I have my licence on me, it wouldn't be accepted..."

The owner of the voice, James thought his name was Adolphian, spoke so quietly that if it wasn't for his great hearing, he wouldn't have heard it. James continued walking, wanting to find a good hiding spot.

Last edited:
Rick

Rick searched the desert for the Relic Castle for what seemed like an hour in his head, though in reality he hadn't been searching for much longer than 15 minutes. Still, it was more than enough for the heat to start taking its toll on the trainer, who was already laying on his belly on Iris's back and arms and legs hanging on her sides. While the heat didn't bother Iris as much, her hooves were constantly sinking into the soft sand, sometimes to her knees, which was also tiring. Nevertheless, there wasn't much else to do but to press forward. Rick eventualy slipped off from Iris's back and into the ground when walking up a steeper dune. The mare turned back to look at her trainer splayed on the sand, and started licking his face trying to perk him up.

"Let's do it like this: you go ahead, find the ruins, then come back to pick me up. Sounds good?" Rick said. Iris frowned at her trainer's statement. While they did often split up when exploring a wide area, leaving her trainer behind in such conditions was a no no. So she decided to take an air view by making a high jump. She launched herself into the air with her hind legs, and from there she got a glimpse of ruins, not that far away from where they were. Once she landed, and after digging herself up from the fall, she walked up to her trainer to try to perk him up again. But since everything seemed to fail, she resort to outside help. She tapped Pearl's ball with her horn, calling the Dragon-type out and pointing a hoof at Rick. Pearl nodded. She formed a swirling orb of water, then launched a water stream at Rick. The trainer perked up immediately.

"Hey! What the hell was that for?" Rick shouted. Pearl and Iris nodded at each other, while Rick rubbed his face and got back up on his feet. "Anyways. Someone please tell me we're already close to the location?" He said. Pearl flew higher and ahead of the group, while Iris walked up the dune before neighing at Rick. The trainer ran up to her side to stare at the landscape, but saw nothing out of ordinary. "Meh... I was hoping for more than sand." Rick said in sort of disapointment. Iris grunted in response, while Pearl cried out from the air and flied in circles. "Well... I have no better option than trust your intuition and hope it's correct." He said, patting Iris's neck and hopping onto her, before continuing.

Sometime Ago, Iron Island

Flashback
High up on a mountain in Iron Island, the sound of forceful thumping could be heard. There, punching away at a large and darkish rock-like structure was a lone bipedal Pokémon. The little gray humanoid figure relentlessly struck the rock, grunting softly after each strike. It chipped away at the hard stone with small amounts of black debris trickling down following every hit. One would think a fighting-type Pokémon would’ve been able to destroy any rock with ease, but this one was as hard as steel. The Pokémon wasn’t putting its own energy into the punches either, perhaps to avoid destroying it quickly with a fighting-type move.

‘100 more punches. If I can’t do that, then 200 kicks. If not, then 300 head butts. Everyone else can destroy this with their bare hands. I have to get stronger. Whatever it takes.’

It was already starting to get late now and the young Pokémon knew it would probably be scolded for not returning back to their camp before the sky was coated in darkness. Yet, he still continued whittling away at the unusually tough stone. Well, tough rock like this wasn’t anything unusual on this island. The only thing strange would actually be the group consisting of Machop, Tyrogue, and the rest of their evolutionary line on an island inhabited by mostly steel types. With the limited knowledge this youngling possessed, it was difficult to even speculate how they had come to live on this island. What the Machop did know was that as fighting types, they were seen as threats to the steel types. This meant they had plenty of enemies on the island. Fortunately, they were able to establish some form of dominance over the other communities and it was all thanks to the powerful leader Machop looked up to.

‘I should head back now. Everyone already considers me to be the weakest and if I get attacked, that would just confirm it.’

With its shoulders slumping down, the Machop dropped his arms and turned to see the grand view of the ocean in the distance that had been tinted a burning red by the setting sun. The thin, wispy clouds were hard to find in the fierce and crimson sky even though the Machop was up on a mountain. No matter how high up the Machop was lifted, it felt like reaching the clouds was impossible. If only he could raise himself to reach greater heights. Unfortunately, the Machop knew it wouldn’t be able to finish its routine once again today. The Pokémon knew better than to stay out late alone. After one final glance at the orange waves of the ocean colored by the dying light of the sun, the Machop decided it was time to leave. However, before it could take even more than two tiny steps, there was a loud rumble before the earth underneath it began to shake. Fear immediately crept up its spine and eventually into its large red eyes. The fear was not only for himself but also for the rest of the tribe.

Without much hesitation, the Machop sprinted down the rocky mountain, going as fast as its little feet could take him. He nearly tripped on more than one occasion but was more concerned about getting home than his own well-being. There was no time to navigate a safe path down. As the Machop drew closer to his destination, he could start to hear the war cries of multiple Pokémon. Machop was quick to assume that they had been assaulted yet again by one of the rival groups on the island. It didn’t take long for this suspicion to be confirmed. Out of nowhere, the Machop rammed straight into a huge gray boulder, almost knocking himself out. Taking a step back, he noticed that there appeared to be a line of similarly shaped boulders blocking the path for some reason. Seeing as there was no time to waste, the Machop gathered some energy and aimed to use a Karate Chop to split the rock in front of him. Unfortunately, that would turn out to be quite the mistake as not only did the chop barely leave a dent, but also all the rocks began to slowly start moving. They all seemed to connect as if part of a giant chain. It didn’t take long for the Machop to realize what the boulders were as most of them soon lifted up off the ground.

“I-I’m sorry ab-about that!”

Stuttering out of fear, the Machop cried out its apology to the huge rock snake Pokémon. Dark black eyes gazed down at its prey as if it was about to pounce on the young Machop. Knowing that it would certainly meet an ugly demise if it remained paralyzed in fear, the Machop suddenly made burst forward and cut to the left of the Onix as soon as the rocky Pokémon dove down. The Onix’s head plunged into the earth, its mouth only finding dirt. It was furious and quickly raised itself out, sending debris flying in all directions, before chasing after the fleeing Machop. It was so close to reaching the others, but the Onix was gaining on him quickly. Soon enough, a shadow began to creep over the Machop, indicating that the Onix was directly over it. The Machop turned slightly to see the gaping mouth of the Onix ready to consume him. Closing its eyes, the Machop prepared for its demise, but it never came. Instead, there was a loud bang and then a comforting warmth of arms around him.

“There you are, my baby! We were so worried!”

The concerned voice of his mother caused the Machop to open its eyes to find itself ensnared in a tight hug by a Machoke. Looking to his left, he could see the downed Onix struggling to move away. His mother must’ve landed a good hit on the Onix for it to be damaged so much. Probably a fighting-type move. In the near distance, Machop could see its fellow fighting types battling against a group of steel types like Magneton and Bronzor. The Machop felt so pathetic for how weak it was currently. He had to be saved yet again and was unable to assist his fellow fighting types against what was most definitely a planned assault on the group. The numbers advantage was definitely with the steel types. However, though they were only a small group of fighting types, they still managed to fend off the opposing forces quite well. Even the numerous Bronzor, who the young Machop heard to be wary of for some reason, was being taken down. At this rate, it was only a matter of time before the fighting types reaffirmed their dominance.

“Everyone watch out!”

Out of nowhere, his mother shouted a warning. The Machop didn’t understand why since they were clearly gaining the upper hand. It was only when the earth shook and the ground beneath a fellow Machoke caved in, did the little Pokémon’s heart dropped. Out from the ground erupted a colossal silvery serpentine pokemon. The Machoke was swallowed up in one bite as its wide jaw closed, showing only a set of large square teeth. Its huge gray body possessed many scrapes and chips on its rock-like sections, indicating that it had gone through its own fair share of struggles. Without much warning, its tail began to glow brightly before it swung around, knocking down anything in its path. Both the fighting types and whatever steel-type comrades, unfortunately, happened to be in the area of effect of the Iron Tail sustained a decent amount of damage. His own mother made sure to keep them back far enough to avoid being indirectly hit. With his father, along with a few others out and their forces having been injured, things were starting to look really bad. There was only one last hope.

“I know you’re in there! This place is not your home! You don’t belong here, so come out and leave!”

Dark red eyes gazed down at a makeshift cave nearby as the Steelix roared its demands in the Pokémon language. Silence soon descended upon the battlefield as all the Pokémon looked expectantly towards the cave. The young Machop could hear its own heart pounding in its own chest, the sound of thumping soon rising in the background as the sound of footsteps gradually grew louder. Soon enough, the one everyone had been waiting for stepped out of the cave. Glaring at the Steelix, the mighty four-armed Pokémon tightened what resembled a championship belt around its waist as a female Machoke stepped out from behind him. From what the young Machop knew, the couple had been together for a while now and even had multiple children together. Machamp was once the partner of one of those Pokémon trainers, which is why one could assume that’s how it was able to evolve. Things happened and the Machamp eventually came back to the wild for some reason unknown to the Machop. Presumably, it came to Iron Island where it quickly became the dominant force. There was also some human, who went by the name of Byron, that would come to the island to train. The man would sometimes seek out the imposing Machamp, leading to fierce battles against a Bastiodon a majority of the time. It was clear to any Pokémon watching that the elderly man was a skilled trainer. He was the only one that could push the large Machamp to its limit, even with a steel type. Machop's own father, a Hitmonchan, attempted to challenge Byron once, only to get folded by his Excadrill. It was a bit embarrassing, but the punching Pokémon took it as a learning experience and became a better fighter because of what it took from that battle.

In any case, it appeared the couple had been in the middle of something when Steelix interrupted them. The Machoke stepped to the side as the Machamp stepped up to face the Steelix. They both stood still and just stared at each other. Perhaps they were just sizing up their opponent or just waiting for the other to make the first move. Not a word needed to be spoken for even the young Machop to feel the animosity between the two Pokémon. If looks could kill, well, one of them would certainly be dead. Slowly, an orange glow began emanating from the Machamp. Even the solid earth underneath the muscular Pokémon began to crack due to the sheer power of the energy that grew within the Machamp. The same could be said about the Steelix as its entire body was now glowing white.

Bulk Up and Iron Defense. Offense vs Defense. This might be interesting.”

His mother commented on the battle with her arms crossed as she, along with everyone else, watched on. The Machop didn’t really know what the moves did, but they were clearly powering up the two Pokémon. After a few more tense moments, the glowing died down and they finally seemed like they were ready as Machamp entered into a fighting stance. Then it answered with a calm tone.

“You misunderstand...” The Machamp paused as it glanced around at its fallen comrades, even making eye contact with the young Machop. In that one moment, Machop felt an overwhelming feeling rise up. It felt like he couldn’t breathe for a second, but at the same time, the Machop felt a sense of calmness. Like everything was going to be alright. To Machamp, every single one of the fellow fighting types here were its family as far as it was concerned and so, it made that clear to its bloodlusted opponent. “I am home.”

The steel giant let out a mighty roar, disapproving of the answer before it bolted towards the Machamp head first. A rich silver glow began to color its sturdy head as it charged forward, aiming to directly strike Machamp. As it did, the Machamp dropped its guard completely and lunged forward as well, with one of its four arms beginning to glow a bright orange. For some reason, the Machamp chose not to defend or dodge the powerful attack directed at it. Machop was confused and worried at the same time, but his calm mother gave him a whisper to ease his concerns.

“Don’t worry. Watch closely.”

With his red eyes, the Machop watched as the two Pokémon clashed. A Dynamic Punch made direct contact with the Iron Head. Upon impact, the Machop had to cover his ears due to the loud screeching sound that occurred. Little did the Machop know that if it weren’t for the energy that protected Pokémon from fatal blows, the Steelix’s face would’ve been crushed inwards. With the Machamp having No Guard up, the Machop was visibly shocked by how confident the leader of the fighting types had been. However, the Machamp was not finished there. No. The Steelix would pay dearly for the damage done. With an unexpected burst of speed, the Machamp grabbed the iron-hard tail of the Steelix with all four hands and actually began to lift it. Slowly, it began to spin the struggling steel giant around in a circle. After a few spins, the Machamp then threw the Steelix up into the sky with a Seismic Toss. At this point, all the steel Pokémon in the vicinity were either turning away to escape or just frozen in fear. The earth shattered from beneath the Machamp as it leaped into the air and even went above the Steelix. It raised all four of its arms, each one of them now glowing a distinct gold color. His mother now had a concerned expression on her face and suddenly pulled the Machop back.

“He really intends to do that here. That idiot! We need to move back now. It’s too dangerous to remain here.”

While the mother moved them both away from the battle as fast as she could, the young Machop turned around to try and witness the finale. It could only watch in awe as the Machamp delivered a devastating Hammer Arm with all four of its muscular arms directly into the Steelix’s body. A deafening crack could be heard before the once mighty steel type shot down into the ground, which sent out a shockwave in all directions. All the Pokémon that had remained nearby were sent flying back, with some even being knocked out by the powerful force. If his mother wasn’t holding him firmly, the Machop would have certainly been sent flying. Fortunately, it hadn’t been hit by the shockwave at all and the mother finally let him go once the aftershocks were over. The Machamp had landed right beside the knocked-out Steelix and glanced around at the remaining few steel types. Their fighting spirit had also been crushed with the Steelix. As if to cement its dominance once more, the Machamp placed a foot over the body of the Steelix before raising its arms and letting out a loud, victorious roar.

Watching silently as it stood free from the grasp of the Machoke, the young Machop only had one thought in its head. Perhaps even a goal. The Machop couldn’t know of its future yet, but it could wonder.

‘Can I become strong like that?’

Esther
Saturday Night, June 11 – Gilded Field, Dappled Grove, Galar Region​

“I’ll keep that in mind, thanks for the advice,” Esther wasn’t sold on Munna only being a support pokémon, but support was the role she needed for her duties on the farm. From what she could see from the pokédex, Munna was a psychic type and furthermore, one of its abilities was telepathy. The curious shine in Esther’s eyes couldn’t be hidden as she stole a quick glance at Vurbin; she was still rather weirded out by the Ninetales, but since no one else seemed to find it strange she hadn’t brought it up either. Couldn’t look like too much of a bumpkin after all. It did make a degree of sense though; the Stafford were likely used to telepathic Munna.

Regardless, she was burning starlight and she didn’t know how long it would take to find a Munna, preferably one with Telepathy. If she wanted to get back in time for some shut-eye then she’d need to get going. A saddle and stir-ups made mounting Rapidash was easy, and with a venturing ‘Hiyah!’, Esther was off, galloping towards Motostoke—a shrill whiny through the night.

Sometime Ago, Iron Island

Flashback
One night later, after the skirmish, the dark skies were so clear that Machop could see a sea of a million stars. This was only possible since light pollution was nearly non-existent on the remote island far off the coast of Sinnoh. The only light came from the lucent disk floating peacefully in the unreachable space above. Compared to the stars, the full moon loomed over everything, almost arrogantly, as if it were the centerpiece of the picturesque scenery. It was a star among stars. Machop stood wide awake, basking in the ethereal glow. Sleep was supposed to be his current task during this time, yet he felt like breaking that rule.

“Awake still?”

A shudder enveloped his small body when he heard the tranquil voice of his caring mother. The Machoke rubbed her eyes as she stepped out of their little cave-like home. Machop felt guilty and sorry whenever he was caught doing something wrong. Even now, his voice trembled as he attempted to stutter out an apology. However, the Machoke waved him off. To his surprise, she smiled at him and rested her hand on his head.

“You want to train, don’t you? As your parent, I want to protect you from going out there in the dark and getting lost, or even worse. But, there isn’t anything wrong with wanting to become stronger. If you want to be strong, then I shouldn’t stop you from reaching that goal. Nothing should if you stick to that path. As long as you know why.”

Why did the Machop want to be strong? That was the question. He felt so weak and insignificant compared to his fellow fighting types. Even though Machop was just a child, that didn’t change the fact he was still the weakest. Other Pokémon in the community around his age constantly teased him about his weakness and inability to even dodge an attack. Even when on the offensive, his attacks were not very effective against his fellow fighting types. There was even the enemy Pokémon that lurked on the island. Although he has the type advantage, the Machop could barely leave a dent on the Onix he struck earlier. First, the Machop needed to be able to protect itself. Then it needed to be able to help defend the community whenever they were attacked by an outsider group. And maybe one day, it could follow in the footsteps of the Machamp and venture out into the outside world. Get stronger and discover the world outside the only place it knew. Were those dreams too big for a Pokémon? Was it allowed to dream?

“See you in the morning.”

After observing her son briefly, the Machoke could tell Machop had thought about what was said. With the recent skirmish in the rearview mirror now, it was unlikely for the Steelix group to try anything so soon. As long as her son didn’t go off too far, he should be fine. The thoughtful expression of the Machop soon morphed into an excited one.

“See you in a minute, then.”

He bid his mom farewell with a wink and a grin, referencing the fact she’ll just see him again once she wakes up. When she went back into the cave home, the Machop began to wander away from the settlement. It went to the area it had been training at a day earlier, giving it the view of the sea below glistening in the night. As he began to work on his form, he could hear the whispers in the dark. Training all alone in the night was a bit scary now that he thought about it. The Machop thought it was hearing things. However, if it wanted to become strong, it had to overcome fear. Disregarding the ominous sounds, the Machop continued to practice until it suddenly heard an even louder sound. This time it sounded like a howl in the near distance. The Machop could feel its heart beginning to pump faster. He wanted to believe it was all in its head, but when it took a closer look down below, he was able to see something parked on the water.

It looked like some sort of large human vessel. Even stranger was that there seemed to be smaller ones coming out of it, speeding towards the island with their small lights. Machop didn’t know what they were, but it seemed like something bad. Suddenly, it heard another cry, this time clearly a Pokémon, causing the Machop to jump. Whoever the invaders were, they must’ve already been on the island and were close to him. Fight or flight? As soon as it heard some nearby rustling, Machop made its decision to run. Unfortunately, it didn’t make it far when something searing hit connected to his back. It was on fire. The Machop let out a cry as it fell to the floor, writhing in pain.

“Well, well, what do we have here? Oh, it’s just a shitty Machop.”

A flashlight lit up the Machop as it tried to get up after the fire attack. That voice was clearly not from a Pokémon. It was that of the human standing beside the Heatmor that had attacked him. The human seemed to have a lot of black material on him and even some sort of weapon with a flashlight on it. For a moment, the human had the weapon pointed at its head before making a gesture for the Heatmor to move forward. Just like that, they disregarded him. However, as they began to walk away, the Machop was able to quickly discern where the duo was going.

“There should be more up ahead. Let’s move- eh?!”

There was no way the Machop was going to let them go towards its home without a fight. Before the Heatmor could take another step, Machop lunged toward it and attempted to strike with a Karate Chop. The hit evidently surprised both the mysterious man and the Heatmor as they both turned back around. Unfortunately, that’s all the attack seemed to do. Not even a scratch on the Heatmor. The little Machop took a step back when the Heatmor glared down on it. Suddenly, the sound of another explosion could be heard in the distance and an unnatural light could be seen. The cries of Pokémon were also gradually growing louder. It seemed like Pokémon all over the island were under attack. If Machop didn’t get back to his home first, his family could be next.

“Err, some random Machop isn’t worth much. Get rid of this nuisance, Heatmor.”

A puff of fire escaped the mouth of Heatmor as it accepted the command. Machop didn’t know what was said but saw that it had the full attention of the Heatmor. In that case, it would attack head-on. The Machop attempted to charge at its foe once again, but this time the Heatmor fired back. A blazing heat escaped its mouth and began to surround the Machop. The flames encircled the Machop like a Fire Spin. A panicked cry escaped the Machop, with its consciousness fading as the flames consumed it.

Some time passed before the Machop reawakened. Gunshots rang out in the distance. They were coming from the direction of its home. Although the pain of the burns lingered on, the Machop forced itself up and trudged back the way it came. All it took was one move for the Heatmor to knock it out. Needless to say, it was severely outclassed by the stronger Pokémon. Even if Machop returned, would it just be a liability to the others who could fight back? It was painful to think about. Even more difficult to witness was the war zone his home had become.

“Aaaggghhh! These guns aren’t working!”

One of the goons shouted as he had just unloaded an entire round onto a Machoke. The bullets did nothing to impede it. Not even a dent. There was nothing he could do when the Machoke crushed his rifle with one hand and sent him flying with the other. He was unconscious before even crashing onto the ground, with his body twisted in an uncanny way. In the distance, an Onix rose up out of the ground, swallowing anything and everything in its vicinity whole. There was a Hitmontop leaping from person to Pokémon delivering swift kicks while the Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan working with it followed up with their own moves. Steel, Rock, and Fighting types alike that inhabited the island were now fighting with and against each other and these mysterious invaders. It was this lack of cohesiveness that gave the invaders the upper hand as time passed. Even though their weapons were essentially useless, the Pokémon of the militants were much more dangerous.

“Mom!”

Near the area his cave should’ve been, the young Machop could see the motherly Machoke fending off some Pokémon and humans. Fortunately, Machamp was nearby fighting dozens of other Pokémon at once. However, it couldn’t stop a Kingdra from delivering a powerful blow to the Machoke with Hydro Pump. The Machoke was down on her knees while the dark-maroon-haired man with a scar running from his nose down to the side of his face pulled out an ultra ball. Running as fast as its legs could take it, the Machop forced energy into its arms. Just before Kingdra could launch one final attack, the Machop delivered a Thunder Punch straight to its head.

“What is this?”

Keeping up a calm demeanor, the Kingdra’s trainer looked at the Machop now standing there. Yellow electricity coated its left fist. Machop had used such an attack and he could see the worried surprise in his mother’s expression. However, the Machop didn’t break from its focus as it stared down the Kingdra. For some reason, although the damage didn’t seem like much, the Kingdra couldn’t move, almost like it was paralyzed. This time cool, frosty energy consumed his right hand as the Machop jumped in for an Ice Punch. Again, the attack connected and the Machop felt its confidence surging. He attempted another punch, this time the energy in his left hand flaring up for a Fire Punch. However, he was suddenly struck on the side by the same Heatmor from earlier. Machop was flung to the ground and heard a worried cry from his mother. Machop looked up, he could see the wicked grin of the Heatmor’s trainer.

“I know this place is called Iron Island, but it’s a fucking gold mine!”

It was only after the invader shouted in delight did Machop realize what had happened. It had just used three very rare moves that not many from the Machop line knew. Looking around, the Machop had begun to notice many of its fellow fighting types had vanished, some of them disappearing into a red light. The Machop didn’t have much time to process this as the ground shook violently. It couldn’t even stand without falling over. There was only one Pokémon Machop knew that was capable of such power.

“You’ve gotta be shitting me. No wonder it’s the strongest. Who could have taught it—”

The man with the maroon hair could only grin in surprise as the earth near the Machamp split open, creating a deafening crack. Screams of both Pokémon and humans alike could be heard as they began falling into the narrow opening. It was like a Fissure. The frightening move caused everyone who had not fallen into the deep pit to pause and look at the almighty being who had split the earth. Beating its chest like a drum with two of its four arms, the mighty Machamp released a mighty roar, letting everyone know and remember who reigned supremes. Morale rose on the side of the remaining native Pokémon.

“Seems like we were lied to. Calypso, Surf.”

With a simple command to his Kingdra, its trainer then washed all their hopes away. Just like that, the Kingdra began to rise above self-created water. Machop watched in awe as it grew and grew. Fortunately for him, they were behind the path of the gigantic wave. The wave grew to a point where the Machop couldn’t even see the Kingdra surfing on top of it.

“By the great Kyogre, that’s a tsunami.”

Machop could hear the softspoken words escape his trembling mother. This was power. There was no other way to describe the all-consuming wave. All Pokémon in its path were sucked up inside and the Machamp just watched. It waited for the wave to come crashing down. As it did, the Machamp then leaped up, and that was the last Machop saw of it. A number of minutes went by as everyone watched with bated breath. The water drained out quickly due to the crack in the earth. Then everyone could see the fighting type on its knees.

“Good. Now, Draco Meteor.”

The man didn’t wait a second before making a command. His Kingdra let out an ominous cry as its blue aura wrapped around its fish-like body. At first, nothing seemed to be happening. That is until the little Machop raised its head up. Almost as if a shooting star had been shot out of the sky, there were large, glowing rocks that began to fall down. The haughty moon was now nothing more than the backdrop to the meteors that fell from the illuminated space above. At least, that’s what Machop saw. It was a magnificent sight to behold for the young Pokémon. This was the pinnacle of a dragon’s power and it was robust indeed. The Machop watched as the meteors rained down towards the Machamp from above. Machamp seemed to have all the power in the world but even that didn’t seem to be enough on its own. Was this it? Is this where his beacon of hope would be snuffed out? The answer was a resounding no. Almost as if a miracle had been summoned, a bright blue ball of energy suddenly ascended towards the meteors. When it collided with the first rock, a giant explosion occurred, flashing everyone with a near blinding light. It all seemed like a dream to Machop. When the light cleared, its sight was a bit hazy, but it could see a Pokémon now standing beside the Kingdra, holding a similar blue Aura Sphere. Although the fighting and steel types had been at odds for so long, here was a Lucario, sharing a combination of both types, to save them all.

“So you really do still roam these parts.”

The Machop didn’t exactly know who the maroon-haired invader was talking to until he pulled out a pistol and shot it three times upwards towards the individual with the hat. When Machop’s eyes located the target above, he couldn’t believe what he saw. All three bullets were seemingly stopped by this new mysterious figure. Its hazy vision didn’t allow it to see much, but with the rise of the dawn beginning to whisk the darkness away, it seemed like some invisible force protected the arm of the man dressed in blue. He gazed upon the inhabitants with fondness before meeting the eyes of the trespassers. That look was enough to get the message across.

“If I knew you were still here, I wouldn’t have been too worried about Byron.”

Although the man tried to appear cool-headed about the turn of events, his tempered breathing and sweat dripping down his forehead said otherwise. Then, he gave the trainer with the Heatmor a look. Before the Machop could even comprehend what was happening, it felt a searing hot lash strike it from the back. The last thing Machop saw was his mother shouting and moving towards him before everything went black.

From then on, the young Machop couldn’t remember much. It went in and out of consciousness. The bits and pieces it did recall seemed unimportant or things it did not want to remember. He briefly remembered there were two humans muttering something as he watched from a sealed cage after waking up due to some unusual movements. It was almost like they were all riding something. They both seemed to claim how they were the remaining few or how they depended on him to save them. Why would he save them? He remembered waking up again to gunshots and seeing the bodies of those same two bleeding out on the ground. The man who had committed the deed was that same maroon-haired man. His injuries were apparent as blood streamed down his face. He mentioned something about how Machop’s abilities were the reason they both could live. Some magical Pokémon put it to sleep again. The next time it awoke, it was in some strange place, hooked up to some devices. That same man was there and another human dressed in white called him Boris Ivar. From there, it just remembered the pain as its body was opened until he was moved yet again.

“Although he has had his fair share of trouble in society, Jeremy’s family, the Desrosiers, have been very gracious donors. It will be thanks to them that you’ll have a chance to find new homes, so please do be on your best behavior.”

The Machop remembered this part clearly. It was hard to forget being trapped in an inescapable cell with so many other fellow Pokémon. All of them shared what seemed like a cruel fate not because of what they were, but due to the potential they possessed. He remembered shuddering after encountering the blond-haired menace for the first time. Something about this human told him to run as far away as possible. However, there was no escape. The Machop would know. There were many things the Machop had been willing to do until he learned to not cross the man sitting at the top. To think such boundless evil lingered in its own species. However, the Machop still shuddered to recall his first formal interaction with Jeremy after being claimed.

“People think I’m a psychopath just because I stabbed some kid with his Honedge. Except, he would’ve lived if he just listened to me and stopped. I know, crazy, right?! So he got what he deserved. Justice! So listen here, you little Caterpie. Your name is Prince now. Don’t worry, I name all my Pokémon that, so you’re not special. There can be more than one Prince, but only one—”
End Flashback
Some shouting and whining snapped the Machop out of its afternoon daze. It blinked a few times, clearing the extra liquid out of its eyes. That’s right, it had found somewhere to sit on its own. Somewhere nice and quiet to train away from Jeremy was always good. Yet, that wasn’t on the menu today. There had been some random human that had come up to him. Where could he have gone? If the strange noises in front of him were any indication, the human was on the floor wrestling with the Froakie.

“Froakie, stop it!”

Unlike the human, the Machop could understand its fellow Pokémon and felt some pity for what he was hearing. The Froakie held onto the boy's necklace and they had fallen over wrestling over it. Apparently, the Froakie wanted to take the necklace for itself and then sell it. Payback for the trainer trying to sell the Froakie from the sounds of things. Of course, the trainer didn’t understand, so it was a bit funny to see them fighting. The Froakie pulled on his hair, ears, and shirt before eventually giving up when it saw Machop watching.

“Uhh, this human is clueless. Don’t listen to him.”

Froakie told Machop as it hopped back. The Machop this to be slightly amusing, but just returned a silent nod. As the trainer sat up, he readjusted his cap and let out a sigh. Although his relationship with Jeremy was pretty horrible, to say the least, it seemed to have more structure than whatever these two had.

“Damnit, being trapped in this shit hole sucks. Well, not that I’m actually living here, but, well, you know…”

The trainer raised the cap over his eyes, giving the Machop a clear view of his aqua blue eyes. It reminded him of the bright blue ocean that surrounded his home. That view he saw every time he trained. Perhaps it had been reminiscing too much. However, the trainer seemed a bit embarrassed about what he said as he began to frantically tug on the short strands of his black hair. The Machop just blinked.

“Ahh, what am I saying?! I always thought Pokémon and us naturally understood each other. At least, that’s what it showed on TV and the trainers I knew easily communicated with their Pokémon. Like Alyssa. I actually wonder how she’s doing. Arceus, she probably hates me now. All this shit that’s been happening and I forgot about my family. I thought getting your first Pokémon was supposed to be the easy part. Like, shit, didn’t Acacia just start out with Windie?! Cynthia with Gible? And here I am stuck with th-the-theg Fr-Forg-argh!”

Before the trainer could even finish his statement, Froakie was now pulling the side of his cheeks, tugging the lips by default. The Froakie didn’t sound like it appreciated what the human was saying, nor did it return any respect either. It really was a weird relationship. When the trainer finally got the Froakie to stop, he scratched the pinched part of his cheek with an index finger, looking away.

“Ouch, that hurts! You see this?!”

With a pout, the trainer looked back at the Machop. The Machop just blinked again. Out of the few humans it had encountered, this one was certainly… unique. Naive could be a better term. Then again, that would just put them in the same boat.

“I just wanted to have fun and become the strongest. Was that too much to ask for? Instead, I was just given a Pokémon that made me strong. It’s hard to explain, but I just wanted a regular Pokémon. I didn’t want to have a Pokémon with perfect genetics. I didn’t want my reputation as a trainer to be solely defined by how gifted my Pokémon are. Like I’m not a great trainer if I’m only strong because my Pokémon are special. That’s just the easy route. I do know that Champions and those alike have Pokémon that are innately special as well. That’s why I also want to be a trainer where it doesn’t matter what type of Pokémon I have. How I start now will determine how I end up in the future. Like, am I only a good trainer because of my Pokémon? Are my Pokémon only good because of me? Or is it that we’re just good collectively? I just can’t let it be the first one because I believe only the best trainers are the ones who make their Pokémon better and not the other way around. But maybe, being born with all the talent in the world isn’t all it's cracked up to be either. I don’t know what you’ve been through, but you don’t seem happy even with the gifts you were born with. And now I realize I’m rambling. You probably don’t even get what I said. Sorry about that.”

July 18, Monday - Olivine City, Johto. Reina, current rank, 35,589.

The young foreign trainer walked on to the docks with her arms stretched out wide into the air, taking in the cool ocean breeze, looking like she was about to hug the world. Her green eyes watched the area around her as she walked through the gates, flashing her trainer card as she walked inside and then started searching for Colored and Geneviere. Diva, her trusty partner, was doing the same, finally having accepted Colored and Gene as part of the pack. Saddly, there were new additions she wasn't found off.

"Gene, Colored!" Reina called out when she finally spotted the two. "I made it back!"

Diva waved at the same two girls her trainer was, running towards the smaller one, Gene, and jumping around her. The place wasn't as packed as one thought it would be, probably since it was the middle of the day on Monday. Which was better, it made the environment around them feel more relaxed.

"I brought some new friends." Reina spoke out once she hugged Gene like a Beweare. "Hope you guys don't mind, we met at the tournament and we just, um how's that saying? Clickered? We just clickered!"

Reina stepped to the side to allowed the new members to be seen, smiling but feeling a bit nervous that they might not get along. Diva, just puffed her cheeks and stood in front of Colored, like if defending her from the new arrivals.

The young foreign trainer walked on to the docks with her arms stretched out wide into the air, taking in the cool ocean breeze, looking like she was about to hug the world. Her green eyes watched the area around her as she walked through the gates, flashing her trainer card as she walked inside and then started searching for Colored and Geneviere. Diva, her trusty partner, was doing the same, finally having accepted Colored and Gene as part of the pack. Saddly, there were new additions she wasn't found off.

"Gene, Colored!" Reina called out when she finally spotted the two. "I made it back!"

Diva waved at the same two girls her trainer was, running towards the smaller one, Gene, and jumping around her. The place wasn't as packed as one thought it would be, probably since it was the middle of the day on Monday. Which was better, it made the environment around them feel more relaxed.

"I brought some new friends." Reina spoke out once she hugged Gene like a Beweare. "Hope you guys don't mind, we met at the tournament and we just, um how's that saying? Clickered? We just clickered!"

Reina stepped to the side to allowed the new members to be seen, smiling but feeling a bit nervous that they might not get along. Diva, just puffed her cheeks and stood in front of Colored, like if defending her from the new arrivals.
July 18, Monday - Olivine City, Johto, Genevieve

Genevieve had gotten off the boat not long before Reina did, but had to stick with Colored so that she would be allowed on and off the boat, since she had no trainer card or anything of the like. Her time in Unova was... certainly something, definitely not her ideal place to be, let alone live for an extended period of time. To say the least, she wouldn't be going back there any time soon, but Sam rather enjoyed himself. He even got a special foam finger that said "Go #37,942!" on it. This is one of many foam fingers he acquired during his time there, because Reina just wouldn't stop climbing the ranks and the foam fingers meant nothing after one match. He gave up at that point, as he was tired of having people wonder why so many random foam fingers were disappearing from the gift shop. When Diva began hopping around her, Genevieve was slightly pleased, petting her lightly on the head before looking back up. What she saw after this was Reina forcing her into a full body hug, lifting her off the ground as she wriggled to attempt to escape her grasp, making small little grunts in her futile efforts to break free.

"Re... put... down..."

Colored
July 18th, Olivine City

The month that Reina had been off to do her tournament hadn’t been too eventful for the more reserved female besides from her training Pretzel up a bit and getting the little thing to trust her more.

But her friend coming back was great, and new additions were even neater. But Colored just seemed happier to communicate and talk with her more familiar friend here.

“Clickered, eh? I like it. Anyways, stuff went great for us back here as far as I know! Bit of a hazy memory that I got... but hey! I was able to get that Togedemaru I found to trust me more. Did some analysis and found out it might have learnt Fell Stinger as well!”

It definitely looked like she was happy to have her friend back, and her trusty Snivy partner was also highly thrilled for this other person’s return.

Esther
Monday, July 18 – Olivine City, Johto Region​

The journey from Unova to Johto had been pleasant if a bit somber. Halay wasn’t in the brightest of moods, and though the Dark type wasn’t the most active or outgoing pokémon, it was clear to Esther that her usual quiet was disturbed by her losses at the tournament. Maybe it was time she brought back Pari...?

Looking at the six pokéballs on her waist, it was hard to imagine who she’d send home in return for Pari. It was hard to imagine she had caught more than a full team of pokémon after only a scant few months...but what could she say? Her starry-eyed enthusiasm had put her in a bit of a pickle! Well, that was a problem for future Esther! Present Esther had some new friends to make!
Striding from the cargo ship where she’d spent the last three days, Esther stepped onto the Olivine port where she quickly found Reina and her group. First impressions were important, so Esther tucked a fiery lock behind her ear and offered a winning smile, “So Reina, are you going to introduce us?”

Pokéballs x2
Initial: $7000
– $180 (ship fare)

"Oh yeah." Reina laughed lightly as she released Genevieve. "So, everyone, this is Esther. We met at the tournament, she is going to be traveling with us." She held out her hands pointing towards Esther with a "Surprise!" expression on her face.

Diva cursed under her breath, she needed to share Reina's attention even more now. Reina on the other hand hoped that everyone would be okay with their new traveling buddy, specially Gene.

"Don't be shy Esther, tell them how great you are." She took a step back to let the Oblivian girl be one step in front of her.

Esther

Esther was momentarily stunned—she’d been thrown under the bus just like that! Shooting Reina the look, the Oblvian stepped forward to introduce herself.

“Hiya, I’m Esther, a trainer from Oblivia. I can’t say I’m all that great, I’m just starting out after all, but I look forward to traveling with you twoooo?”

She lingered on that last word, on one hand, she seemed to be eyeing Reina’s two companions as if to suggest they should take that opportunity to introduce themselves and on the other hand, she was taken aback by the apparent child(?) that was a part of Reina’s group. It was bad to jump to conclusions though, maybe the girl was just strangely short.

Pokéball x2
Initial: $7000

– 180 (ship fare)

Genevieve took a breath or two after being put down, re-adjusting her scarf to better cover her face. She looked at Esther, and stepped back slightly from her new travel companion. Sam had Esther's back though, lightly pushing Genevieve towards her, and she clearly didn't like that much. She let out a sigh, looking up at Esther before talking to her. Definitely had some sort of accent.

"...Genevieve. Sam."

She walked back a little, but noticed something tucked away a little in Esther's hair, and grew curious. She walked to her side, then reached up, gently pulling the red lock of hair from behind Esther's ear. She liked it, it added a bit of color to her otherwise drab exterior.

"...Pretty. Should keep it like that."

Rick

Rick and Iris continued their search through the desert, with Pearl now scouting from the air. As Iris walked up another tall dune she abruptly stopped, and took a few steps back as if hiding from someone. "Hmm? Why the sudden stop?" Rick asked before dismounting. Iris grunted while nodding with her head. Rick layed to the ground, only sticking his head above the dune's surface to look at what seemed to be the ruins, and turned on his headset. "Hey Chris! Check this out." He speaked.

"Yep, that's it. That's the castle. Or at least what's left of it. As time passed a lot of it got buried under the sand, but also a lot has already been excavated by various research teams. They give up pretty quickly though." Chris explained. "Hmm... and what else do we have here..." Rick muttered, spoting a group of people around the ruins. His eyes rolled with exasperation. "Bounty hunters..." He muttered. "Seems like you're not alone trying to get your hands on that Meteonite." Chris stated, before continuing. "Are you gonna wait for them to give up, or..." He asked Rick. "Do they look like the kind of group that just gives up? No. I'll have to find a way to get into those ruins without them noticing me. There has to be more than one entrance, right?" He told Chris.

While Rick was focusing trying to figure the best way to sneak into the ruins, he didn't notice that he himself was already being sneaked upon. Iris did notice two men approaching from behind and turned to face them. "Ya know, it's not a good practice to spy on people." A man spoke. Rick glimpsed over his shoulder, just in time to see a Mandibuzz firing off a Dark Pulse in his direction. Iris steped in, intercepting the Dark Pulse with a Flamethrower while Rick jumped onto her back. While both moves clashed, an Excadrill rushed in with a Drill Run. "Look out!" Rick shouted. Iris jumped back and out of the mole's path.

Whatever plans Rick had from going in unnoticed were out of question at this point, as the rest of the group had already noticed the commotion and started sending out their pokémon against the trainer. To make matters worse, their pokémon were much more adapted to the desert than Rick's. "Alright! It is what it is." He muttered, grabing Zephir's ball and sending the Leafeon out. "Helping Hand and Heat Wave!" Rick commanded to his pokémon. As the Mandibuzz and the Excadrill approached, Zephir perked up his tail, and a golden aura flowed from his body into Iris's. The mare let out a high pitch whinny before releasing a powered Heat Wave from her body at the two incoming pokémon, blowing them back.

While they were at it, a Sandslash emerged from underneath Iris, slashing at her belly and knocking her aside. "Leaf Blade!" Rick ordered to his Leafeon. Zephir jumped off Iris with the leaf on his head glowing and swinged it down on the Sandslash. Soon after, a Braviary came in and tried to attack Zephir with a Brave Bird, however it got zapped by Pearl's Thunder and plummeted to the ground before it could. Then, a Drapion approached, but rather than engaging into close combat right away, it fired off Pin Missiles from its tail at both Iris and Zephir. Pearl swooped in to pick up Zephir, taking him out of harm's way, while Rick commanded Iris to attack Drapion. She charged towards the scorpion while dodging the three projectiles fired at her, slamming at the Drapion at full force. The Drapion braced itself against the attack. It got pushed back several feet until it came to a halt. It then clamped Iris's neck with his tail claw and tossed her overhead, sending the mare skidding through the sand on her side and dislodging Rick. Help eventualy came from above, as Pearl fired off a Hydro Pump at the Drapion.

"There's just too many of them." Rick muttered, while Iris tried to get up on her feet. Chris then called on the headset. "Rick, these are crazy odds! Better get out of there!" He said. "Easier said than done! Iris isn't nearly as fast on deep sand. And Pearl..." Before he finished, the Dragonair was also sent plummeting to the ground, seemingly by some attack from an enemy Gliscor. "Well, she was my best option until now. And even then, they have Flying-types faster than her." Rick said. The flying scorpion came down with purple glowing claws. Iris fired off a stream of flames from her mane at the incoming Gliscor, scorching it and forcing it to fly off course. Meanwhile, Rick saw the Drapion from before coming at Iris from behind. "High Horsepower!" Rick called. Iris stared at the Drapion with the corner of her eye before forcefully kicking it with her hind hooves, sending the scorpion several feet back.

Pearl was now back in the air, and Rick saw more pokémon coming in to engage them. "Alright guys. Let's go for a big one! Zephir, Helping Hand! Pearl and Iris, use Twister and Flamethrower combined!" Rick commanded. Zephir touched the tip of Pearl's tail, transfering his power to her. Pearl's orbs started glowing as she stired up a tornado, all the while Iris's flames started mixing up with Pearl's Twister, forming into a big fiery tornado. "Let's see if they can handle this!" Rick shouted. However, and to much of Rick's surprise, a strong man intervened. "Everyone stop with this foolish battle!" The man bellowed, putting an end to the fight. As Rick saw everyone recalling their pokémon, he raised an arm, calling out the attack of his pokémon. The tornado desintegrated just as quickly as it formed.

"Well, that was unexpected. Not trying to undervalue you, but they had the advantage." Chris spoke. "Well... I'm not in a position to complain, to be honest. Though I would be lying if I said I'm not a bit suspicious about it." Rick responded, while looking at his pokémon. Pearl didn't look too bad, but Iris and Zephir were panting and sweating. "You guys better return to your pokeballs, you've had enough action for now." Rick told to his pokémon. Pearl and Zephir did as they were recommended, although Iris decided to stay out. "I expected as much from you. Just be on your toes, I don't trust these guys a little bit." He murmured to Iris, patting her neck before the two walked towards the group.

Esther

Esther wore her softest smile, easily picking up on the girl’s less-than-subtle show of apprehension. It was now abundantly clear to her that Genevieve, as she would introduce herself, was indeed a child of no older than ten. The pokémon that accompanied her was unfamiliar to Esther, but it wore its typing on its sleeve; unless Esther was mistaken, its wispy body inhabiting a ring of sprucy wood marked it as a ghost & grass type.

Curious as the little pokémon was, it wouldn’t distract from more pressing concerns like why a child at such a young age was traveling around and where Reina had managed to kidnap her from. If her new friend turned out to be a child predator, then... YIKES! She’d need to have a talk with Reina later.

Esther turned back to Genevieve to find that she was paying extra attention to the burning ends of her hair, even complimenting it. Though young, she had great taste!

“You like it?” Esther quickly raked her fingers through her locks, displaying burnt-out waves in all their smoldering glory. The question was rhetorical, since it had already been answered, and rather than wait for re-affirmation, Esther pressed onward. “It’s an effect called Ombre, and it comes in many different colors. Would you like to dye your hair too?”

Pokéball x2

Initial: $6880

Genevieve appreciated the offer, but... she liked her hair just the way it was, she wouldn't want it to get any messier than it already was with how wispy it was. She lightly shook her head, walking backwards slightly before beckoning towards Sam. He floated over to her, and retreated back into his stump on top of Genevieve's head, he hadn't rested for a good while. He rattled lightly every couple of seconds as he attempted to take a nap. Genevieve looked a little past Esther, out at the sea, realizing that she really was very far from home... what was left of it anyways.

"...I'm from... Shalend. Close to Galar, but... not quite there. Closer to Kalos and... Paldea. Came here because... reasons. Maybe... visit one day? Met Reina in... park. She's... nice. Colored... also nice."

She put her hands right behind her back, her scarf flowing far behind her. She would then adjust her scarf again, moving it back up to cover her nose again since she could breathe better after that bear hug. Deep down though, she wasn't happy... not because of Esther being here, but because of the fact that they had to go to Ecruteak sooner or later... and that tower scared her after last time.

Esther

‘Twas a shame, Esther lamented. The child had beautiful hair; though messy and thin, it was a luxurious and rosy blonde with length reaching her lower back. Hair like that was the envy of many, it just needed a bit of care to shine: a good brushing, a slick sheen of hair oil, and it could be neatly gathered into a braid or two. The more she thought it over, the more pleasant she found the mental image. She’d have to find an opportunity to straighten out little Genevieve’s hair issues later.

“Wow, you’re a long way from home,” having been through Galar and Kalos recently, Esther was fresh on the distance between the regions and Johto. She’d never heard of Shalend—or even Paldea for that matter—but she had a rough guess.

She imagined that the other girl, Reina’s other companion, was Colored. A name stranger than even Genevieve; surely it was a nickname of sorts, no? A glance as the girl’s bright pink and purple ensemble hinted at the possible origins.

Judgments aside, there was something else on Esther’s mind as she watched Sam float around its trainer. “Ah,” she clapped in crisp realization. “If we’re going to be traveling together, then our pokémon should also get a chance to know each other, no? There should be a park or something nearby where we can let our teams out.”

"A park?" Reina gave Esther a playful look. "We got a beautiful beach here! Come on, nothing like some waves and sun to relax before we start traveling again. Oh by the way I bought you two this."

Reina reached into her pocket and pullet out two pins. One was a silver Cottonee and the other a silver Joltik. They were pretty small, both fitting perfect on Reina's palm. She had bought them at a gift shop, apparently they were limited edition, but she had no way of knowing that.

"Choose whichever one you want."

Diva's jaw dropped, why were they getting gifts and she wasn't? It was outrageous! She would never forget such betrayal.

"So, everyone ready for the beach? We can buy Gene a bathing suit there, I'm sure they should sell some. Plus I'm packing water Pokemon that could definitely use a rest after the tournament."

Genevieve was pleased with how Reina had gotten her a gift... she was so thoughtful to get her a gift... but she would let Colored choose first, she didn't want to be rude, after all. She looked at Reina when she said beach, she knew what that was, but she didn't know what a bathing suit was, and almost immediately, she realized what it was, rapidly shaking her head in disagreement, her first sign of any real strong emotions, and the first time she was ever clearly audible.

"No! No swimsuit! No!"

She didn't have an angry tone or anything, more so just upset at the notion that she'd have to put on a swimsuit. It was clear that she was very much against the idea of changing her clothes... or maybe it was that she sunburned easy? Would make sense considering how pale she was, and how her shirt, coveralls, and scarf covered up pretty much all of her body. Regardless, she wouldn't budge on it, the stubbornness of children.

Esther

“The beach?” On a cloudless midsummer day such as this one, the beach did sound appealing. In fact, it was the second most appealing idea in Esther’s mind; the first, of course, being food. After a three-day trip across the ocean, fed by meals that were adequate at best, nothing was better than a hearty lunch at Olivine’s famed café; the café had been the talk of the sailors as the ship closed in on Olivine Port. As a fine connoisseur of exquisite cuisines, Esther wouldn’t miss the chance to sample the local produce. “Uh...I’ll meet you there, I’m gonna check out the Café first; anyone wanna come with?”

Pokéball x2

Ezio Farello - June 14th, Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh

"Oh yeah, Erebus would do anything for sweets. When she was a Cyndaquil, she'd always beg for treats knowing full well she was cute enough to get away with it." Ezio said, chuckling. "Maybe I'll look into it, isn't there like a Poffin Club in Hearthome City or something? I haven't been in Sinnoh for a good while, think the last time I was here was when I challenged the gyms here."
Kaden Miller - June 14th - Grand Late Hotel, Sinnoh

"The Poffin Club is a good way to start if you want a quick course on learning how to bake and make Poffins, but you could look it up on the internet as well," Kaden commented. He himself went to the club house when he was still learning the ropes of being a coordinator. He raised an eyebrow when he heard Ezio mention taking on the gyms here in Sinnoh.

"Oh you took on the gym challenge here?" Kaden asked intrigued, jerking his head to the side slightly. He liked asking people about their journeys as trainers. If they were willing to share of course.

Ron Towers - June 17th - South of Kanto.
The waves were smashing against the hard shell of the surfing Blastoise. Ron, sitting at the top while using his binoculars to scout the are ahead of them. There wasn't much to see, just an endless ocean. The trainer sighed loudly, clearly annoyed of the lack of locations and they seemed to be swimming towards nowhere. Had they been given a false lead?

A few days earlier, Ron had decided to take a ship towards Kanto, looking to try and pick up the scent of Team Rocket in the region they originated from. To his fortune, he found a small poker group that would get together to play every night. After a few drinks and jokes, he was invited to participate. There, he found out one of the sailors playing with them used to work for Team Rocket, his job was to load a boat that was off the records with common supplies, like food, cleaning tools and Pokemon items. The pay was great, but his girlfriend got pregnant and he didn't want to be evolved into any shady business with a baby on the way. Upon arriving on Kanto, Ron set out to seek such boat.

It wasn't hard to find, crooks always look like crooks and seeing a bunch of them working together and loading a certain boat was easy to spot. He then decided to surf after the ship and then found himself in the middle of the ocean. He needed to be careful not to go past his Blastoise's limits, otherwise they wouldn't be able to return back to Vermillion city.

"Alright, I guess we should head back soon." Ron looked up at the cloudy sky one last time, searching for an answer, but only saw a flock of Wingull... that suddenly disappeared a few yards in front of them. "What the..."

Ron stood up and looked ahead. The flock of flying Pokemon had disappeared into thin air right in front of them. The Johtonian chuckled to himself. Of course the island would be hidden. He reached into his backpack, put on the oxygen mouth piece on and some goggles.

"Let's go under."

Blastoise groaned softly as he slowly dove into the water, Ron holding tightly on to his back. The two disappeared from the surface and headed ahead, not knowing what they would find in their path.

Colored
July 18th, Olivine City

Having waited a slightly awkward time to actually introduce herself to one of the new arrivals, Colored eventually stepped ahead with a bit of an anxious step to her (though not before picking up one of those pins. The Joltik, if you wanted to know) and then letting things roll from there.

“So, uh... right! I think you’ve kind of heard already, but I happen to go by Colored. It’s awkward, but I can explain it. I just sorta... didn’t feel too comfy with referring to myself as something else, so I went with something I found better is all. And since you talk about it, I wouldn’t mind going to this cafe as well.”

Her tone was pretty patient when it came to discussing how exactly she had donned such a ridiculous name, and it was mostly just out of the way for simplicity reasoning.

"So it's just me and you Gene." Reina shot the girl a smile. "How about, we go shopping for some clothes? I know you like yours and you can keep them. But, if we're going to travel, you need new clothes, a backpack and some camping materials. We won't be staying in a hotel for a while."

Reina offered the little girl her hand. There were a few shops near the beach which could include some clothes that Gene could wear to keep her cool and cover her body at the same time. The ocean was a rough place to travel in, so Reina wanted to make sure Gene would be okay.

Olivine City, July 18, Shiro
Hour too late to sleep!

Shiro really should keep an alarm clock on himself or something. Why?
Becouse expecting for a pokemon that is litteraly a bear to wake him up from his slumber is as good of an idea as having no idea at all.
Result?
Shiro and Cubchoo both woke up in a last second, when a horn signalizing that the ship would leave a port soon woke them up. Why Esther or Reina or anyone didnt Wake him up before that? Shiro had litteraly no clue.
But okay, okay okay... Its not their fault really and Young Trainer could only blame himself. He rushed out of the room and quickly jumped off the ship before it left, landing centimeters away from the water.. Extreme luck in extreme misfortune.

Noticing that both Reina and Esther were accompanied by someone Shiro didnt really recognize. (Not that he got to know anyone well So far) He decided to follow Esther Group of friends as she was a bit closer to him and it was less probable that he will lose her in a crowd.

And So the boy followed with Cubchoo, holding tightly to his head and still terrified after the close call they both had.

Esther

She would’ve asked, but it seemed Colored had beaten her to the punch by answering. It was a curious answer that got Esther even more intrigued. Did she...not like her own name? It was hard to say since Colored didn’t sound particularly uncomfortable or sad; nonetheless, as Esther’s stomach grumbled, she decided the questions would have to wait.

With a glance that asked, ‘anyone else?’ she assessed the group and determined the answer to be no, though she did notice as Shiro quietly fell in line with her small majority. “Alright, we’ll catch you later then,” Esther sent off their two companions with a nod and turned towards inner Olivine. She didn’t know exactly where she was going, but that wouldn’t be an issue!

Rising to the tips of her toes, the Oblivian closed her eyes and—Sniff, Sniff; she could smell it: juicy, mouth-watering, tongue-tantalizing, beef!

Esther licked her lips. “Follow me!”

Following the scent of a prime cut of meat, Esther weaved through the Olivine streets and led the group towards the Olivine Café, confirmed as such by the large sign that stated as much. Her nose has long revealed the truth, but the Café's specialty was beef, pristine delicacy cuts of—what the waitress claimed was—the finest meat in the poké world. Esther would need more savory persuasion; she scanned the menu, and her eyes landed on lunch—burgers! Just below it was pizza, and though Esther had a penchant for both savory snacks, she would have to choose one—oh wait, no she didn't!

Gleefully ordering burgers and a large pizza, Esther turned to her companion with a serious question on her mind.

"Pinap on pizza?"
Pokéball x2

Last edited:

Grabbing Reina's hand, Genevieve nodded and followed along with Reina. She didn't like the idea of new clothes, but she really had no choice in the matter. A backpack could help, she supposed, and camping gear would be useful if she was out in the wild... but she had no issues sleeping outdoors without those things, so it was more of a comfort thing than anything. The only thing she wouldn't budge on is anything more revealing than what she had on right then, that simply would not happen. Sam would have to wake up soon as well, there was no way he'd be able to stay awake with all the racket being made in such a busy area, which was disappointing, everyone needs a good nap every now and then.

Shiro, Olivine City, Esther and Coloured Group
Shiro quietly followed and before his mind crossed the idea of introducing himself to a new person a sudden arrival at Cafe made his mind to think of something else entirely, It started with F and ended with ood.

He allowed himself to ask for one burger quickly as the faster you order, the faster you get, right? After this he wanted to introduce himself but like... Arceus! What should I say?

Its weird enough that he got late to all those introductions, his shy self was dying inside and it seemed there was no hope for him.

Unitll Cubchoo decided enough is enough and jumped off Shiro's head and walked up to Coloured with a smile.
"Cubbb!"

11:14 AM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

“Ah, yes! That’s perfect! Keep going!”

While everyone else was doing their thing on Olivine Beach, like sunbathing, playing beach ball, checking out girls, and so on, there was a blonde-haired teen cheering on his Kirlia. Dustin and the Kirlia named Astra had been hard at work building an extraordinary sand castle underneath the harsh morning sun light. Johto heat wasn’t anything to scoff at during the summer. Maybe it was time for him to catch a water type. The Krabby and Pidgey that threatened to destroy the sand castle were options but Krabby was mid and Pidgey wasn’t a water type. Fortunately, his Combusken served as a body guard against all possible attackers. It even held back the manic children from bringing it all down.

The reason Dustin had been cheering on Astra is because the Kirlia had been using her Psychic prowess to help in the construction. It did require a bit of coordination to move the sand or morph it correctly, so he was proud of Astra for her work. When it was all said and done, Dillon looked proudly at the piece of art. Although, the model wasn’t the best copy in the world, with some uneven parts and missing openings, it was like there was a large Pallosand towering over the beach now.

“Alright, keep it just like that. Lemme take a picture for the ‘gram real quick. This boutta be a national monument.”

While onlookers gathered around and posted it on their socials, Dustin dug into his backpack for his camera. Astra was doing her best to keep the Pallosand model stable, even with the Pidgey and Wingull making their perch on top. Meanhile, Indigo, his Combusken blocked the projectiles of some troublesome kids bent on mass destruction. However, there was one thing he was forgetting.

“Gather around guys, quick. Indigo, you stand over there and— wait, where’s Aeos?”

When Dustin found his camera, he was ready to take a picture, but remembered that his Trapinch had been hiding somewhere. The ant pit Pokémon loved the sand, so the beach was like paradise for it. To be fair, Dustin would Aeos be swimming in sand than doing burrowing and feasting on their masterpiece. However, that’s exactly what it was doing. He heard some kid call it out first. Almost if it had been hiding underneath the Pallosand model the whole time, Aeos’ big head suddenly popped out the top and gained the attention of the Pidgey. One tried to peck Aoes, but the Trapinch opened its giant mouth, causing the Pidgey to turn tail and fly away. Then it just looked down upon all of the people down below before Astra let out a cry as the sand castle began to cave in.

“Nononono! This can’t be happening. Get down here, Aeos!”

Trapinch were known to make deep, inescapable conical pits and lie in wait for their prey to come down. Needless to say, Aeos must’ve created a pit hole right through the model, which explained why Astra was struggling to maintain control. However, it would’ve still been possible to keep it upright it weren’t for Aeos following his command seriously. The Pokémon tilted its head, like it was confused, before it just listened and disappeared beneath.

“Wait. No. Why did I say that?”

By the time Dustin realized what had happened it was too late as the part of the Pallosand model began to fall apart. The crowd of people backed up to escape the collapse. Some not as far as others in order to capture the footage. Dustin wasn’t safe himself as a chunk of sand fell onto him and Astra. When it finally stopped, the Pallosand castle had crumpled. Indigo dusted sand off itself and watched as Aeos emerged from the destruction. Astra watched silently as Dustin fell to his knees as he looked at the remains of their masterpiece.

“This can’t be…”

The sun was just warm enough to be able to walk around without getting suffocated with heat. Add the cool ocean breeze and it was the perfect temperature. This made shopping a lot easier for Reina and Gene. There were several shops around and some commotion going on about a sand castle, but Reina knew if it turned out to be some sort of Pokemon battle, she would forget about Gene's clothes. Instead, the Metztlian trainer made sure to find a store that included clothing for children.

"This should work!" Reina called out as they walked into a shop that had all winter clothing on sale. "Just try and get something thin. I don't want you getting cooked alive in your own clothes when we're out on the ocean. There's no shade out there you know? Oh! How about one of these big sun hats?"

Reina grabbed a long light blue hat with a sunflower on top and put on her own head. She stood with her arms stretched out and waited for Gene to give her opinion on it. "Blocks you from the sun and it looks pretty."

11:26 AM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

Even with the collapse of his pride and glory, there was still amusement amongst the crowd that had gathered. It had begun to disperse a bit, with some still children staying behind to play with the fallen Pallosand castle. Dustin watched as some tried building it up again. It seemed children weren’t always destructive after all. Dustin just sat crisscross applesauce as he thought of what to do next. To be honest, it just sucked he couldn’t get at least one picture of it. That was partially rectified when he found an image of it trending locally. Further up, of course, was the entire thing crashing down on him with entire comments sections being flooding with the clown or laughing emojis.

“Of course. Literally every time. Well, whatever. Let’s take a picture of this and then do something else. Oh! We can do Mantine surfing! Pretty sure they have that here.”

Finished with his sulking, Dustin got up and gathered his Pokémon in position to take a picture of the remains. Fortunately, some girls were kind enough to send him a picture of the complete sand castle before it collapsed as well as the entire video. Dustin thanked them and shouted them out when he posted it to his story. Then he decided they’d go Mantine surfing if they had it. The activity was a popular thing in Alola and it soon spread across other regions. First, though, he would go eat an early lunch before coming back to the beach. There was a food place nearby so he went there for a quick bite and sat down at a table. His eyes focused solely on the menu. Indigo and Kirlia also looked at the menu and pointed out what they wanted. Aeos was the only one inside it’s Poké Ball because it would likely end up eating someone else’s food. When it was their turn to order, Dustin was ready.

“I’ll have two large dogs, a jumbo burger, Moomoo steak, and large fries on the side. Thanks!”

Colored
July 18th, Olivine City (Cafe)

With the walk having been brief to the cafe, the girl had also been pretty entangled up in the good scents of the food around and it took the question to snap her out of it.

“Pinap... as in Pinap Berries? Maybe if you’re making a dish for Pokémon in particular, and they like the taste of the stuff. Traditional pineapple on human pizza, though? No thanks.”

Even though her answer was a little pushed out and surprisingly quick to the punch, it was almost like she had considered the option of baking for her team before.

But either way, she was briefly cut off by the sound of the Cubchoo having approached her and such. The Snivy on her shoulder had gone a bit nervous at the Ice type, however the trainer seemed pretty welcoming of it and bending down to greet it.

“Oh, hey there! Uh... I don’t know how to spark a conversation with Cubchoo well. My bad.”

Colored had calmly extended her palm to the small bear Pokémon, pretty willing to be all formal and such.

Esther
Monday, July 18 – Olivine Café, Olivine City, Johto Region​

Drats looks like they couldn’t be friends after all. Esther shed a tear for the friendship that could never be and placed her order for a large pizza with pineapples, ground beef and of course, cheese-stuffed crust; the burger was all hers, but the least she could do was bring something back for Reina and Gene. She collected her burger and a ticket for her pizza, since the Olivine café made all their food fresh to go it would be another 30 minutes or so until the pizza was ready.

The ticket went right into Esther’s pocket as she waved over Colored and Shiro, “Do you guys already have swimwear, or do we need to go shopping before we hit the beach?” It hadn’t taken them long to order food and although Esther had a swimsuit, she wasn’t sure about her companions. If they hurried, they could still catch Reina and Gene at the shop.

As she waited for her companions to respond she spotted a trainer with some familiar pokémon, a Kirlia and a Combusken. Though rare, both pokémon lived in Oblivia, though Combusken was extremely rare and the only of its species were thought to live around the Faldera Volcano. Overcome with a curious urge, Esther pointed her Pokétch—

Pokedex Entry #256 Combusken said:
Combusken toughens up its legs and thighs by running through fields and mountains. This Pokémon's legs possess both speed and power, enabling it to dole out 10 kicks in one second.

Pokéball x2

- $50

Shiro, Olivine City, July 18, Johto

Shiro chuckled as he witnessed the interaction between Coloured and his pokemon.

"Cub.. Cubchoo!" pokemon replied to Coloured with sweet smile and took her hand with both of his pawns in the attempt to greet her.

"You dont have to worry how to start, its always Glacier that is in Control of conversation" Male Trainer responded with a smile. "Be warned, he is quite a hyperactive one. I dont know how a pokemon can have this much energy."

He began eating his burger and he received a sudden shock of realization that he.. Doesnt have in fact any swimwear with him.
He turned to her with the look in his eyes that showed his distress. "Umm.. It shouldnt take long to buy some, right?"

After a bit he also turned his head to see, who or rather what peeked the attencion of Esther. He wont lie that he didnt expect to see a trainer with two very rare pokemon's, even if one could be considered a starter.
After that he listened to Combusken pokedex entry that came out from Esther poketch.
"10 kicks in one second? Interesting considering the fact that one of Combusken famous moves is double kick.. Which means that if trainer and pokemon wanted too, He should be able to perform 5 double kicks in a row, without giving opponent a break, right? Then again, its not like a repetitive attacks without a good footing and preparation will have as much of an impact as previous ones." Shiro mumbled under his breath, thinking of possibilities that the pokemon would have.

11:41 AM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

Fortunately, the hot dogs didn’t take long to come. Same with the fries. After about ten minutes, the waiter came and served them. The hot dogs were long and looked very juicy. Just right. While Astra munched on the very hot fries, Indigo and Dustin grabbed a hot dog. While Dustin put ketchup on his, Indigo would rather have its hot dog raw. Not completely raw, of course. The wiener was still neatly in the bun.

“Damn, this glizzy long as hell! It’s good though. What you think, Indigo?”

Dustin exclaimed after taking a bite of his own hot dog. After a few, tiring hours in the sun, the food hit the spot. More items were on the way too. They were going to be feasting. Good thing he still had a good sum in his savings. He could get food for all his Pokémon, like Indigo. It looked at the hot dog closely, seeming to inspect the food. Then Indigo raised the hot dog in preparation to put it in its mouth. However, it stopped when it felt like it was being stated at. At corner of its eye, Indigo could some humans looking at it. In particular, a girl was pointing a device.

“Bruh, I think she wants your hot dog.”

Having noticed what had given Indigo cause to pause, Dustin commented after taking another bite of his hot dog. Indigo just raised an eye brow and looked perplexed as it studied the strange girl and her friend. What was the device doing? Did she really want its hot dog? Was it because it was big? Did she think it would share or did she want to fight for his hot dog? The only way to find out was to get closer and flex. Indigo basically did a front flip to gain ground before doing a barrage of kicks in a second all while still holding its hot dog and then posing.

“Ah, shit. There he goes showing off again.”

Cursing under his breath, Dustin watched the Combusken do its flex. It wasn’t even that cool anymore, but Indigo thought it was. The Pokémon liked to show off a lot, especially when it knew people were watching it. He didn’t know what those people were doing watching Indigo, but he didn’t want the Combusken to do something to embarrass him on the internet again today. That’s why he spoke up quickly after Indigo was done.

“I think he’s wondering if you wanted his big hot dog.”

Last edited:

Esther
Monday, July 18 – Olivine Café, Olivine City, Johto Region​

Esther held back a grimace. As the Combusken moved closer to show off its kicks, she could clearly pick out the sand grains still trapped within its feathers. She’d grown rather accustomed to inspecting pokémon as such since Pyrrha was so fussy over her preening. Needless to say, her eyes inspected the offered(?) hot dog and—yep, dusty buns.

“Ohh aren’t you a darling, but that’s okay,” with a flattered smile Esther displayed her own meal as she let down the young fowl. She would’ve stooped down to ruffle its feathers, but she had learned her lesson in Galar and more importantly, its feathers didn’t look particularly fluffy.

Instead, she turned to address Combusken’s trainer. “Hi, I’m Esther,” she offered a handshake, “I haven’t met many Combusken on my journey, but I hear they can be quite a handful. Yours looks well trained, care for a battle?”

While she awaited his response, she turned to Shiro. “Well, I saw a shop across the street. You can run in and buy a swimsuit before we head out.”

Pokéball x2

Initial: $6830