• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Genevieve, Tuesday, June 14th, National Park: Johto

Genevieve looked up at the Rotom Drone, not thinking much about the results since they didn't really matter to her. It did startle her from how it came from nowhere really, but that was just a mere moment. She looked toward the gate that led to Goldenrod, and started shuffling towards it on Reina's command. Ecruteak was not palatable for her anymore, so she had no reason to dwindle around there, or here in the park for that matter. Plus... being with Reina and Colored was better than wandering around alone. Realizing she could've been leaving them behind by just wandering off, she turned around and went back to Reina and pulled on her sleeve.

"...Ready, Reina. Let's go."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
June 21st, 10 Years Ago
Robert Dean, 10 Years Old
Celadon City

The previous day's packing was an difficult task, specifically caused by Robert's inability to fit all of the luxuries he grew accustomed to in a single travel bag. His parents presided over the process to ensure that their son wouldn't try to pack more than he could carry. Ultimately, the bag Robert would be taking on his travels contained six potions, six Pokéballs(five for catching new Pokémon, one belonging to Mith, a Pokémon Incubator, his Rotom Phone, a sleeping bag, hygiene products, and a week's worth of outfits, minus the outfit he was currently wearing. Donning a white t-shirt, light grey cargo shorts and grey sneakers, the boy eagerly grabbed his bag and rushed for the door.

"Robert?" Jackson's voice called out to his son, halting Rob's eager sprint. Turning to face his father, the boy realized that he was about to leave without even giving his parents a hug or any other appropriate farewell ritual. Robert sprinted into his father's arms with redirected enthusiasm, giving a hug to his mother once she had entered the room.

"I made you breakfast, try to eat something before you leave, alright?" Though she was trying to keep a humorous tone, Melissa's eyes betrayed her true emotions. She was proud of her son for entering the next phase of his life, yet saddened by his upcoming absence. Oblivious to this fact, Robert quickly headed for the dining room, encountering an enticing stack of pancakes, a cup of succulent orange juice, and a tantalizing trio of bacon strips. After consuming sample-sized amounts of each item on the table, Robert dashed out of the door to compensate for lost daylight, causing mild amusement from his father and mild concern from his mother.
Pallet Town
The journey to the town of Pure White Beginnings was an extensive one. After traversing Saffron City, Vermillion City, Diglett's Cave, and Viridian City, Robert and Mith were thoroughly worn out, the former due to walking a great distance, the latter due to fighting off various wild Pokémon. Though the Riolu had just gotten out of the Viridian Pokémon Center, he was still thoroughly irritated with fending off the onslaught of wild Pokémon. Just when they thought they would experience a moment of relief upon reaching Pallet Town, the trainer noticed a Growlithe eagerly rushing in their direction.

"Oh great!" Throwing his hands in frustration, Rob braced himself for yet another battle, "How'd a Growlithe even get here?" After a sigh, Mith prepared himself for combat, too mentally exhausted to attempt to sense the Growlithe's aura.

Last edited:
National Park, Johto (June 14th)
Desmond glanced at the leaderboard and had to admit, he wasn't too displeased with his place. The fact he was ranked at all given he had one capture option as he had spent most of his time taking pictures of the Pokemon. So he felt rather accomplished all things considered, and now he had another Pokemon of his own which was gonna take some getting used to.

Desmond glanced at the Park Ball that contained his newfound Kricketune and Politoed seemed to clap happy it had a friend to share on this adventure. Course, as he slipped his pictures into his photo collage and tucked that and his new capture in his bag he had kept close to Emma curious what his future had been.

"So, what do you aim to do now?" Desmond asked his to this point traveling companion.

@Cmeriwether

10 Years Ago. June 21st, Pallet Town. Acacia Song, 10 years old

Windie was solely fixated on reaching the lab and raced by the newfound duo without regard to their presence. His trainer, however, was much more easily entranced by curiosity. As he chased after his puppy, Acacia didn’t think much of the rather ordinary looking boy outside of noting his dark red hair, though the Pokémon standing next to him was enough to make him do a double take.

“Windie wait up!” He shouted, feet kicking up dust as he slide to a halt. The second glance at the blue canine confirmed his vision. That’s a Riolu alright. What started as a spark of intrigue flared into a blaze of excitement. Acacia marched over and kneeled down to get level with the Pokémon. “Wow, you don’t see many Riolu around here. Did you guys travel here from Sinnoh?” His golden eyes remained fixated on the emanation Pokémon despite addressing Rob.

Last edited:

Aldon Charlton the Time Traveler, June 14, Tuesday - , Johto​

"I wonder when this contest is gonna end. We should probably figure out where the winners will be announced" Aldon said looking around for the nearest pathway back to the park.

After wandering around for a while, Aldon found himself startled by an excited rotom drone, "comgratu- who? Which Aldon? Bo wait, they probably mean me. How many people share my name anyways? No matter... I won! I guess? Skol? Look at all those people who joined the bug competition! I guess I should claim my prize. Head back to Goldenrod City for a little rest then the next town" Aldon said. Aldon happily made his way out the forest and down the path. Skol still behind him. He would turn and stand in front of the building that separated the National Park and Goldenrod City.

$15,200
14x pokéballs
5x Super Potions
3x Full Heals
6x Oran berry,
C-Gear
Waterproof sleeping bag
Travel cooking supplies
Portable tent
Hiking and archeology tools

sSoul

Previously Swirled
What began as annoyance created by the possibility of fighting another wild Pokémon quickly became a mixture of relief and excitement upon meeting the Pokémon's trainer. Now that Robert and his Pokémon could relax, the fledgling trainer took a moment to ponder the question posed by the mysterious golden-eyed boy. Though Rob had never stepped foot into Sinnoh, travelling with a Pokémon that famously hails from that region as a beginner would make create the appearance he was born in Sinnoh and that he was taking a trip to Kanto for training.

"Heh, no, I'm from Celadon City. It's still pretty far from here all things considered," Rob chuckled at the way reality betrayed expectation before making a proactive effort to alleviate any confusion that his peer would have, "My parents own a Day Care, and I guess a Sinnohan Trainer must've wanted a Lucario with an Egg Move, probably Meteor Mash if I had to wager a guess. Lucario can learn it itself, but it takes a bit of time and some trainers sadly don't have that sort of patience. They'd rather have something like a male Smeargle that sketched the move breed with a female Lucario so the resulting child can have Meteor Mash once it hatches. Meteor Mash is generally seen as Lucario's best Steel Type move, being easier to aim than Iron Tail while being stronger than any of the other alternatives. A lot of trainers want it to deal with Fairy Types that prove troublesome without super effective moves." After finishing his explanation and theorization, Robert noticed Mith giving him an amused glance. In a moment of self-awareness, the boy facepalmed and turned away, realizing that he was rambling.

"Sorry about that...my mom's told me that I tend to talk too much when I wanna explain something. But I've gotta introduce myself: my name is Robert Dean, but you can just call me Rob," After shaking off his embarrassment, Robert recalled his manners, allowing for proper introductions, "This Riolu right here is my partner, Mith. I've been with him ever since he's hatched, I like to think I've grown on him a tad." As if waiting for his cue, the Emanation Pokémon extended his paw for a handshake once Rob finished talking.

Last edited:
June 11, Dappled Grove, Galar

James Sylvester got out of his seat and got ready to open the hatch, before he did, he looked at another pod, identical to the one he was in.

"Don't worry, sis, I'll find somewhere safe for us."

James opened the hatch as his pokemon, Porygon-Z, integrated with his wrist watch. He gazed around, he had landed in a copse of trees and could just imagine the loud Crash! that had insued. He saw a bunch of Wooloo running towards a light in the distance, further examination showed it to be a ranch house.

Last edited:

Esther
Saturday, June 11 – Gilded Field, Dappled Grove, Galar Region​

They might look cute, but those Wooloo were a right menace! Esther arched her back, rubbing away the aches and pains that had accumulated from all the times she’d been ambushed and rammed. Surprisingly mischievous, she noted. No wonder someone had tried throwing them off a cliff...

The Wooloo were the last of the farm animals she was ‘bonding’ with. She’d started with the Miltank, the mostly docile, lazy cows of the ranch and afterward she’d moved over to the Skiddo. The grassy goat pokémon managed to be even more docile than the rotund cows and Esther suspected they were more plant than animal. Finally, she ended the round trip at the Wooloo pens. There were more pokémon on the ranch, but they were in smaller number, and Esther wouldn’t be working with them as closely. With her task done Esther prepared to head inside.

The too-loud squawks of a Rookidee signaled it was time for dinner, but a flash of something struck across the sky, and not a moment later was deafening crash. The Wooloo scattered, rushing towards the safety of the ranch but Esther stayed rooted in place.

“A meteor...?” She had heard Galar was prone to such things but didn’t expect to experience one so soon. A mix of curiosity and obligation, but mostly the former drove her forward. What she discovered was no meteor, but an airship of kinds. It paled in comparison to the behemoth that had been Hunter J’s airship, but it looked sophisticated.

The hatch opened and a strange-looking boy emerged. Esther arched a curious, if skeptical, brow and called out to him.

“Hey, are you alright down there?”

Hearing a female voice, James turned around and saw a girl about his age looking at him,he quickly pressing a button on his collar, a hood appearing and covering his head, and more importantly, his ears.

"Yeah i'm fine, just a little groggy from sleeping too long." He said with a yawn, "Cryosleep will do that to you."

He arched his eyebrows.

"So where are we, I'm guessing this is a human-run farm from looking at you, but I could be wrong"

A buzz made him look a his watch, where Z had posted an article.

"I mean... Of course it's human-run, as aliens don't exist," he chuckled nervously, "I just come from the space station, they're testing more compact designs for spacecrafts."

Esther

“Right...” Strange, strange, strange. Esther couldn’t find another word to describe the boy or the circumstances. She kept an eye on him, but by now she could hear the barking in the distance. The Ranch’s Yamper and Boltund were on the way, likely accompanied by the ranch owners.

“Well, Mr. Spaceman,” She started. “You’re in Galar’s Wild Area, we’re at the Gilded Fields, in Dappled Grove.”

Then she crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow, since he was fine, he could take a scolding.

“And you’ve just made a MESS of the Wooloo pastures. I hope your ‘Space station’ has crash insurance, it’s gonna take a lot of money to repair the damage here.”

June 11, Dappled Grove, Galar

James heard barks in the distance and knew he had to go.

"Why don't you take it to the station, then, it's not my fault I crashed here."

He started scooting away but stopped, looking at the pod, and more specifically his sister inside, a concerned look on his face.

"I only broke a bunch of trees anyways."

Esther

“They’re some valuable trees,” she quipped, pointing to the scattered berries that had come from the tree. It was a wonder he’d only damaged a few trees with his crash landing, but it wasn’t Esther’s job to pry.

“Then could you give me the name and a contact number for your station?” She pulled up her Pokétch and swapped to the call feature. A holographic projection of a phone pad emerged, and she looked askance at the boy.

James stared blankly at the offered Pokétch, he the caught himself and whispered;

"Z, what does she want me to do?"

"People on this planet use this instrument to contact others by typing their number."

"Can you give me the number of the nearest space station?"

"Already done."

The elf looked at his watched and wrote down the number that appeared on the girl's Pokétch.

"There you go, we can call them tomorrow morning."

Perhaps most would have been bored by Rob’s rambling. If it had been on almost any other subject Acacia would’ve zoned out or even been as bold to walk away mid lecture, though for this his attention was captivated and he was content to sit and listen until the boy had finished.

I hadn’t even thought of the utility of sketch in breeding for egg moves… Figuring the knowledge might be useful in the future, he took a moment to commit it to memory before beginning introductions.

“Nice to meet ya Mith, I’m Acacia.” He smiled and returned the handshake, taking a second to admire the Riolu’s sleek fur before nodding to the Growlithe that had returned to his side, “And that’s Windie.”

While Windie eagerly lifted a paw in a proud display of his move “shake,” Acacia rose to meet Rob.

“It’s good to meet you too, Rob, even if you aren’t quite as cool as your Pokémon.” He said with a wink, “By the way, it’s annoying that you apologize for saying what’s on your mind. The world’s full of dumb words people say and they aren’t gonna start apologizing for it so why should you have to? In my opinion we could use a few more educated ramblings here and there. Helps balance the stupid-smart equilibrium ya know?”

Last edited:
Colored
June 14th, National Park

The results had came as quite a shock to Colored, with her lighting up quite a lot when she saw what and where her Venonat had taken her.

“Second? Whoa, I knew I should have some faith in you, and I was right! Listen, I... I’m not quite sure if... hang on. There’s Dawn, Puffy, Drip, Nino, Mocha and Pretzel... yup. No space for you as of now, but maybe we can hang out and train some more later... erm... Goggles! Yep, that’s what you’re called now.”

The Venonat seemed to liven up a bit before being returned, the Park Ball he was caught in digitalising and heading off to Colored’s PC. A first for her, but in no way was it unpleasant. After making sure Puffy was returned as well, Dawn had climbed back onto her Trainer’s shoulder as she went over to her two friends here.

“Okay then! Goldenrod’s next, right? I’m certainly ready to get going when you two are.”

June 14, Tuesday - National Park, Johto. Reina, current rank, 45,099.

Instinctively Reina grabbed Gene's hand as she nodded towards Colored. Although they had made it to National Park, they had a few hours to walk until they made it to Goldenrod. The trip through the rest of the park was pretty smooth. There were some trainers testing their skills in battle, some athletes training for the famous PokeAthlon and even students with their teachers taking field trips. Once they left National park, it was just a road directly to the city.
On the way Reina managed to win some battles, even one for the WCS. Her confidence kept building up after each win. They encountered a wild Pidgeotto, who wanted to nest on the Phantump with the group, but they managed to shoo it away. After a long walk of talking, snacking and some battling, they finally reached the big city, Goldenrod.

June 14, Tuesday - Goldenrod City, Johto. Reina, current rank, 44,874.

"Alright here we are, again!" Reina smiled at the buzzing city with rushing crowds of people and Pokemon everywhere.

They had arrived just at sunset. People were going home from work while others were getting ready to enjoy the night life. The flashing lights seemed endless and stretched out as far as one could see, even blocking out the night stars that were beginning to take their place in the sky.

"Alright, we need to find a hotel for the night, I will schedule my gym match for tomorrow. Anything you guys want to do before we head to a hotel?"

Genevieve, Tuesday, June 14th, National Park: Johto

Being tugged along by Reina, Genevieve began her walkabout with her and Colored. Leaving the National Park, Genevieve was surprised to see that the next Route was... just as boring as the last, was every Route like this in Johto? They stopped multiple times on the way so that Reina could challenge some trainers to a battle, but she mostly just sat on the sidelines, watching all of the wild Pokémon run about in the tall grass. Not paying attention, that Pidgeotto landed on top of Sam, and he immediately awoke, and oh boy, was he woke. It was the first time in a long time he got genuinely angry, even trying to throw a Branch Poke or two the bird's way, but Genevieve held him back the best she could as Reina and Colored shooed the Pidgeotto away. Whenever they stopped to snack up or take a drink, she always ate and drank through the bottom of her scarf, then immediately went back to walking to their destination.

Genevieve, Tuesday, June 14th, Goldenrod City: Johto

Upon entering Goldenrod, Genevieve noticed it was... very bright, and very loud. It was pretty overwhelming to her as someone who came from a region with no town with a population above 100... especially since she saw about that many people on this one street! She would look to the sky to try and ignore them, but she couldn't even do that! Sam sensed Genevieve's unease, and could tell he needed to find a more secluded place soon, or else she would likely pass out from overstimulation. He then hovered over to Reina and tapped her on the shoulder, making various motions to try and explain that this place was far too much for Genevieve, and how they needed to find a more... tame location.

@Hecotoro @Alternate_Mystery

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Robert watched with a serene smile as Mith and Acacia shook hands, though he secretly wanted to get in on the handshaking action himself. Mith echoed the smile of his trainer, taking pride in being the object of Acacia's admiration. Nodding at the introductions, the red-haired boy got onto one knee to return the handshake that had been offered by Windie. While the handshake occurred, Rob heard the unfiltered, resolute thoughts of Acacia, taking a moment to ponder on his words. What seemingly began as a dig against Rob quickly turned into an encouraging compliment. It was clear that Acacia practiced what he preached: saying what came to his mind regardless of phraseology or sensitivity. Comparatively, Robert found himself trying to carefully consider the words that came out of his mouth, lest he come across uneducated or crass. The boy swore to himself that he'd try to be more direct with his thoughts, while taking an interest in the other ideas that Acacia had about the world.

"It's hard to compete with Mith when it comes to being cool," Rob shrugged after rising to meet Acacia's eye level, "I mean he's strong, fast, empathetic. What's not to like?" Chuckling to himself, he gave a winking thumbs up to his Riolu, who seemed to take a notice at being praised. As a response, Mith puffed his chest out with a self-satisfied smile, before walking over to Windie to make himself known.

"By the way, what brought you to Pallet Town?" Taking Acacia's advice to heart, Rob posed the question as soon as it came to him, "I came here to get advice from Professor Oak. Figured he'd know a thing or two about Pokémon and how they grow."

Last edited:
Sorrel Markson
June 21st (10 years ago), Pallet Town, Kanto

It was finally time for the official start of Sorrel Markson's journey. It had been delayed past his tenth birthday, in part because his grandparents had decided that his birthday month would be a good time to visit; as a result, he hadn't been able to leave until they had packed up and gone home. He had enjoyed seeing them again, but his enjoyment had been stifled by a burning impatience to finally begin his journey. Since he couldn't leave the house for very long, he'd spent a lot of his time outside 'training' with Boots. Most of this involved Sorrel standing on the top of a slide, pretending it was a trainers' stand in a grand arena, and telling Boots to use various moves on the stump of an old fallen tree at the edge of the park. Boots, ever the amiable companion, had calmly complied. Of course, several of his moves did little or nothing to the dead stump, but Sorrel had still gained enjoyment watching his partner slam the trunk with Vine Whip and cause it to creak and crack with Bind and Constrict.

The two had grown a tight bond since they'd met that day in the greenhouse. Boots wasn't a very talkative companion, but he was certainly a good listener when Sorrel started rambling about everything he'd learned in school, or interesting facts about Pokemon he'd seen in a book. And when Sorrel spaced out too much, Boots could always bring him back to earth with a little tug on his arm. The two could often be seen walking around the outskirts of town, vines of the Pokemon wrapped around the child's forearm in their own special way of holding hands. Sorrel had a reputation among the other children in the neighborhood for abandoning their games to chase after a Pokemon he'd seen fly over the park, or excusing himself from an invitation to hang out because he wanted to keep reading. Most of the children were fairly enthusiastic about Pokemon, but to them Sorrel was on a whole different level, and they didn't always appreciate it.

Sorrel didn't mind, though. With Boots at his side, he was happy to wander overgrown empty lots and the edges of the woods, taking joy in the adventure. What he did made him happy, and he wasn't going to apologize to his peers for that. Now, though, his wanderings could take him beyond his usual haunts; the entire Kanto Region was his realm to explore now!

The two were once again walking, vines and small hand intertwined, but this time they were far from home. They were exploring Route One of the Kanto region, making the relatively short trip from Viridian City, where Sorrel had said goodbye to his parents, to Professor Oak's lab in Pallet Town. He'd written to the famous professor a few days beforehand, following his parents' suggestion that he do so. The letter had contained a notice that he intended to visit the lab, and that he would like to request a Pokedex to use on his journey. Hopefully the letter hadn't gotten lost, and the professor would have a Pokedex for him. Since the Silent Legend and Blue had started the first trial runs of Oak's Pokedex Project, the professor had continued to give them out to trainers, with updates every few years. In collaboration with other professors, there was now quite a lot of data stored on these little devices, and the cameras on the current model of Pokedex were currently used to record data and look for deviations from the norm; with a proper baseline for each species set in place, exceptions were now of more interest. Of course, the fine details of a Pokedex's uses were unknown to Sorrel. He wanted one primarily to keep track of data on Pokemon he'd see on his travels, and also to help him if he saw a Pokemon he wasn't familiar with despite all the reading he'd done.

His thoughts were not fully on his destination as he walked, though. The rather steep route had several trails that one could slide down, provided the seat of their pants would stand up to the wear and tear; as well as a more zig-zagging path for those who were trekking up from the coastal town towards Viridian, or preferred a more gentle descent. Additionally, there was a small ledge here and there that were safe enough to hop down from, with a fall of perhaps a little over three feet. More interesting than the terrain, though, were the Pokemon. Pidgey and Rattata were nothing new to Sorrel. Both species were quite common in the suburbs. The appearance of a Bellsprout near the edge of one of the trails was quite a bit more exciting, and the boy paused for a several minutes to stand still and observe it. Eventually it wandered away, but the encounter left the boy smiling. Boots seemed to be in a good mood as well, as evidenced by the whispering hum coming from within the bundle of vines. The two continued to walk slowly down the route, both content and filled with excitement for the day ahead.

Soon, though, the walk began to come to an end as a long fence came into sight at the foot of the hill. Beyond it, the land evened out and buildings could be seen scattered around between the fence and the beach. The town had grown somewhat in the years since Red and Blue's rise to fame, but it was still small compared to Viridian, and still retained much of its small-town vibe. After wandering around for a little while, Sorrel asked a woman who was working in her garden how to get to the professor's lab, and she pointed him in the right direction. Before long the famous building was in sight; but between where he stood and the lab's entrance was a pair of boys who looked like they were about his age, and next to them two canine Pokemon. Sorrel quickly recognized one of them as a Growlithe; Officer Jenny, who sometimes dropped by his school, had one as her partner. The other, though, made him take a second look before he could figure out what it was. He'd only seen this Pokemon in books, but unless he was mistaken, it looked like a Riolu, the Emanation Pokémon.

Thoughts of their trainers completely gone from his head, Sorrel trotted up to the Pokemon, Boots in tow. The boy knelt down about two yards away from the Riolu, and stared at it with great interest. "Wow..." His voice was soft, his gaze filled with a mixture of wonder and excitement as he stared at the blue and black biped. Boots was much less absorbed, and gave a half-wary glance at each of the trainers, giving a small, half-apologetic wave with one of his vines.

Last edited:

“Hmm.” Acacia paused for a moment before answering Rob’s question. “I wanna check out the lab while I’m here but I guess I didn’t come to Pallet for any reason, it’s just on the way. I came from Cinnabar so the next closest gym is Viridian. My goals to challenge the Pokémon league and become-” his train of thought was derailed by a glimpse of a rather ordinary looking boy acting in a rather peculiar fashion.

“Um, do you know him?” He spoke in a whisper to Rob and awkwardly waved back at the sentient blob of blue noodles. Windie, however, seemed much less apprehensive than his trainer and trotted up to the Tangela, sniffing its rather distinct aroma.

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Robert nodded as he heard Acacia's response, seeing the logic behind his response. It reminded him of the route he had to take to get to Pallet Town, passing through many Cities and Routes that he had no true intention of staying at long-term. However, before Rob could continue the conversation in a meaningful way, Acacia had taken notice of an onlooker and asked Rob if he knew the distant observer.

"No...but maybe we could introduce ourselves," Rob whispered back to Acacia whilst waving at the blue noodle looking Pokémon, "Besides, I don't think Windie's giving us much of a choice in the matter." Mith had assumed that the new trainer and his Pokémon were staring at him, after all, his species wasn't native to Kanto and Acacia had shown similar wonder. Upon sensing their aura and confirming this hypothesis, the Riolu went up to the blond trainer to shake his hand like he had done for Acacia.

As these interactions were going on, the door of the Pokémon Laboratory swung open, releasing a thick fog in the process. A group of four individuals wearing gas masks and a dark grey uniform sporting an unraveling double helix as a logo were running away from the lab as fast as they could manage, each of them carrying a stack of papers. Behind them, a familiar duo of Pokémon were giving chase: a Charmander eagerly leading the charge, and a Bulbasaur hesitantly treading on their heels.

Last edited:

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Date: June 9th. Location: Stow-On-Side, Galar. User: Adolphian Richter. WSC Rank: Unranked.

The sun was bright as what seemed to be a strange man in black clothing with a strange logo on the chest and a glowing visor slowly entered the town, seemingly confused. The logo seemed to be bluish purple and was that of a microchip with the letters 'NCI' on it. He seemed to be in rough shape, as if a bird dropped him out of the sky and left him stranded on an isolated island for weeks. However, despite his rough shape, he managed to try as best he could not to draw attention to himself, though that didn't seem to work. Passerby gave him strange looks and his Leafeon companion even stranger looks. It was just, however, as cybernetics didn't seem as common as they were back home.

After asking for directions he nodded at the confused looking passerby and headed for the nearby pokecentre. His leafeon decided she was tired of walking and decided to use some vines to wrap around him and perch herself on his back. He gave a quiet noise of discomfort and looks to the face of the Leafeon riding him, her head staying level with his own. "Ach, Verdant! You know you're too heavy for me to carry like this. You're nearly half my zize!" He scolded her, his visor flashing. His accent seemed to be rather noticably German, with a hint of Dutch, but he seemed to speak English rather well. Meanwhile, his Leafeon simply giggled and waved a paw, shaking her head. "Oh, Adolph, you can do this. Think of it as a trial from the deities! You need to prove you can be strong in a new environment! Ya dikkelul." She spoke, her voice having a mild robotic tone to it. However, aside from the slight synthetic tone, her voice was rather cheerful and had more of a Dutch accent compared to his German. He sighed and shook his head, knowing well enough not to argue with his companion.

After around 10 minutes of carrying both his bag and the Leafeon to the Pokecentre, he stepped through the sliding doors and tried to ignore the odd looks he got from the various people there. Wasting no time, he approached the nurse and gave a quick bow, his Leafeon quickly dismounting herself from him to stand beside him. "Good day, freund. I apologize for the inconvience, however I would like to heal my Pokemon. They have become rather... Injured upon coming here, as a result of my arrival in the area." He spoke, about to add something, when his Leafeon cut him off, likely startling those in the Pokecentre with her unusual ability to speak. "We'd also like some information, alright? We're not from here, as obvious as it seems, and... We unfortunately lack basic information even a tourist would have." She spoke, rolling her eyes as Adolphian glared at her. "Verdant, I told you I have a handle on things. Please let me deal with this." He spoke under his breath, directed at the cheerful Leafeon, the almost polar opposite of his outwards appearance.

Last edited:

Esther

Esther entered the number into her Pokétch but didn’t hit call. This wasn’t because she was going to follow the strange man’s words and call tomorrow, but instead because she could hear the gallop of hooves and the barking of dogs as they closed in.

In short order Elsie, the ranch owner’s daughter, rode up to Esther on the back of a strange Rapidash. Apparently in Galar, some species of Pokémon looked and acted differently, and they were even different types. Elsie’s mount was the Galarian variant of Rapidash and it belonged to her parents. The fanciful horse slowed to a trot as it neared Esther and Elsie dismounted, “Nae, what’s this?” she asked, throwing a suspicious glance towards the two airships.

“Says he’s from the space station and they were testing so new stuff, he gave me their number so we can lodge a complaint.”

Elsie nodded; a look of skepticism etched onto her face. “So, who’s in the second ship? Yer partner?”

@killerwolf9980

June 14, Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh

Ezio looked up at Kaden, who seemed to have questions regarding Erebus. Smiling at the young man, he gestured at the other seat at the table. "Of course you may, have a seat. What did you want to ask me about? I'm always happy to share information, and I am sure Erebus is too."

Erebus did have a smile on her face, but she was also drooling, so the smile probably had to do with a nice meal in her dreams.

Qinalla
(10 Years Prior) June 21st, Pallet Town, Kanto

Pallet Town, a once dozy hamlet that, in recent years, had received quite a make-over. Shadows of the renaissance shaped the town’s many symmetrical buildings and marbled streets with inlaid rocks connected them all, weaving around the small fountain and pallet garden. That garden was where Qinalla found herself half-idling, half-studying.

The garden’s nine flowerbeds were arranged in a circular pattern; filled with blossoms of blue, yellow, orange, red, and lilac. It was a shame they didn’t have any white flowers, but everything else was perfect. Pallet was a fair way off from the nearest major town and the residents lived a largely rural lifestyle.

All these factors meant that Pallet was perhaps the perfect place to start a new flowerbed of Flabébé; the species hailed from Kalos and was a subject of the pokémon relocation project. The single bloom pokémon was known to inhabit flower fields in rural and semi-rural areas. Flabébé nested inside a single flower and formed a symbiotic relationship; the symbiosis wasn't fully understood, but as the pokémon evolved it integrated with the flower. Despite this, those in Kalos claimed that Flabébé was not a grass type, but instead one of the new-fangled 'fairy types'. Fairy types weren’t fully recognized in regions such as Kanto or her home of Sinnoh, but if Professor Sycamore proved successful with his presentation at the end of the year, then the pokémon world would be changed forever.

To those ends, Professor Rowan had tasked several of his aides with scouting out potential habitats that could sustain the re-location of the new types. If this proved succeséful then pokemon relocation would take place in larger numbers; the hope was to provide new habitats for pokémon that were rare or endangered in other regions. As a part of that process, she—as one such aide of the esteemed Professor Rowan—had been given priority access to one of the so-called ‘fairies’. It wasn’t a fairy yet, but she’d been assured the Galarian pokémon, known as Hatenna, would evolve into one.

The world was changing, a new type was on the verge of being discovered! What a time to be alive!

Last edited:

12:43 AM June 10th, Friday

- Lumiose City, Kalos

“Not even going to apologize, are you? Asshole.”

It hadn’t taken too long for his escort to return to the nurse’s office with Froakie. When Acer released the frog Pokémon, it only gave him a passing glance before hopping to a seat in the room. Acer didn’t know how much longer he could deal with the disrespectful Pokémon and just let out a sigh. Jane let out a giggle before telling the guard he could leave. One of the perks that participants had was that they could wander around the base unsupervised with their Pokémon, presumably to train while they had the opportunity to be together. Ricky must’ve been pretty confident in the security to allow such leniency. Acer didn’t question it.

“Bickering, hm? Look, I don’t do relationship counseling, so you can go now. That goes for you too, little Prince.”

Jane commented on the interaction she saw between Acer and Froakie. She even mentioned the Machop too, who just looked depressed, before making its way to the exit. Acer was surprised she was just letting the Pokémon walk out alone. Perhaps the free roaming perk went for Pokémon themselves too, or it was just specific to Prince since Jeremy was associated with Ricky.

“It’s alright. Jeremy isn’t coming to get him and little Prince over here won’t be getting into any trouble. Isn’t that right?”

The doctor seemed to pick up on his concern and reassured Acer. She then picked on Prince, who looked back at her a little disheartened. Prince gave a subtle little nod to Jane, hoping it was convincing enough for it to go. Jane returned a courteous smile and gave a gesture saying it was free to go. As the Machop left, Acer looked back at Jane.

“Why does it seem so unhappy? I know it gets treated like shit by Jeremy, but at least it’ll find a better home eventually. I mean, it’s a strong Pokémon with a ton of egg moves. Who wouldn’t want it? Then it will have nothing to worry about.”

Commenting upon Machop's departure, Acer projected his own feelings slightly. He felt bad for the Pokémon for the way Jeremy seemed to treat it, but Prince seemed well off when it came to potential. The same could be said about Froakie. Except Froakie was arguably doing the abusing. From the way his journey started, Acer didn’t know how a trainer could so easily bond with Pokémon like it was second nature. Was it just a natural thing or did that just come with experience? Jane seemed to have her own answer ready as she gazed at him with a raised eyebrow.

“You do realize Pokémon think and have feelings too, right? They’re not just tools or weapons to do your bidding. Arceus, you young trainers these days. That’s why it’s recommended that both sides bond with each other and the Pokémon consents to being captured or you get a situation where the parties aren’t on the same page. At least, the statistics back it up.”

As Jane went off on that tangent, she seemed to be looking at an article displaying a graphic. It compared the number of Pokémon trainers and how it correlated survival rate, win percentages, and other general statistics. It seemed that trainers with a lower number of Pokémon, excluding those who specifically aimed to complete a Pokédex, had a higher success rate compared to others with more than 10 Pokémon or less than six. One could take that to mean that catching every Pokémon in sight didn’t always translate to success in terms of battling. Of course, the accuracy of the data collected though many years of research could still be questioned, but as far as Acer knew, most of the top trainers in the world had a core group of Pokémon.

“Long story short, Machop was taken from its home, to put it lightly. From my limited knowledge, its parents were Hitmonchan and Machoke. That explains its exceptional set of egg moves. The Pokémon on that island are supposedly pretty rough, with groups being close knit. I reckon the Machop was gently taken from the clan led by the alpha of the island. At a young age, being in close proximity to stronger Pokémon probably helped that battle sense you see today. Although Prince does have a tendency to take attacks head on, which is why he is becoming a regular over here. But yes, being forcefully removed from its natural habitat at a young age can be traumatizing and detrimental to its mental state going forward. I can’t tell you what it went through from the time it left the island to here, but I do know its determination to be strong is real. Go see for yourself.”

Gesturing towards the exit, Jane gave Acer her suggestion, assuming he wanted to learn more. It could also be seen as farewell, to get the curious teenager out of her hair. Acer watched as she went back to looking at some paperwork or whatever. Honestly, Acer didn’t really feel too interested. It sounded like the Machop had just been abducted by some poachers and had somehow gotten here. If anything, it was probably Ricky’s people who had captured Prince. That’s how it ended up here. Acer left the room, feeling a weight lifted off his shoulder. Well, at least, he got the story. Now he was heading somewhere to possibly go discuss tactics with Froakie. Unfortunately, he heard an audible tap when the rebellious Pokémon landed on the floor. Acer turned and watched in dismay as the Froakie began to head off on its own.

Nakano Saito​

10 Years Ago; Sandgem Town, Sinnoh; June 19
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Eevee

"Dear Ms. Nakano Saito,

Your tireless efforts to further our research have not gone unnoticed. You know so much about the world already due to your field research and stakeouts, yet I still see untapped potential in you. For this reason, I think you are ready to embark on a different kind of journey.

I have been corresponding with Professor Samuel Oak of the Kanto Region. Given your age, experience, and knowledge, I think you'd do well as a teacher under his tutelage. While there could be others that fit this position better, I feel like you could learn just as much as the up-and-coming trainers you'll be overseeing. Who those children are will be up to you and Oak to decide.

I have given you a one-trip ticket to fly to Kanto's Vermillion City, due for tonight at 9 sharp, with this letter. Go east to Route 11 and take Diglett's Cave to Route 2. Find the main path west and head south to Viridian City, then continue south on Route 1 and you should see his lab on the outskirts of Pallet Town. You shouldn't miss it. It has a silo next to it.

When you do arrive, say hello for me.

- Professor Rowan

P.S.: Don't forget to have fun!
"

Nakano held the letter in her hands, her light grey eyes staring at the paper for longer than what it took to read it. Due to her outdoor studies, she hadn't had time to find Professor Rowan to ask to be sent somewhere else and now this? It felt like her prayers had been answered. Thanking Arceus up above, she turned around to see her parents, their heads slightly tilted in curiosity, their eyes scanning the face of their teenaged daughter for any sign of if the letter was something positive or if it was cause for worry.

Blonde hair all parted to one side with an undercut - sides of her head shaved - hid a part of her face as she tried to keep herself from crying from joy. She finally spoke breathlessly, her words coming out small despite the excitement bubbling in her chest. "I... I'm going to Kanto."

Finally, that of her parents' faces smiled wide as they rushed in to scoop their daughter in a hug. Nakano hugged her parents around their necks, the dam finally broke and she sobbed softly from happiness. Her father's deep, comforting voice spoke up, his voice even wavering. "I'm so proud of you..."

The three let go, only for her mother, wavy blonde hair bouncing, to stare at her daughter with her piercing blue eyes at an attempt to be stern despite her own emotion. "Make sure to call us every day, okay? While your smartphone doesn't have a Rotom, I want you to remember this time, okay?" Naka saw the tremble in her mother's chin and she came in for another hug, the poor mother trying to keep her composure, but failing spectacularly.

A hand on the mother's shoulder helped ease her into a sense of calm as she looked up to her tall husband, the man wider than two men. "Aria, I think you should make something for her, yeah? And get Mason. Her little brother would probably like to see her go."

"Okay, Bansyou." With a nod, Aria ruffled Naka's hair before disappearing down a corridor, only for a quiet knock to come from where she disappeared to.

Bansyou knelt to get on his daughter's level and looked at her with kind, grey eyes, his short, black hair unkempt. He patted Naka on the shoulder now, who set her own hand on his. His hand dwarfed her's. Naka wondered if that was an allegory for how much potential she had left, filling in the world as some put it. "You will be going to Kanto to work for Professor Oak, is that right?"

Nakano nodded.

"Don't worry about a thing. We are one phone call away."

Naka chuckled and smirked. "Says the guy who doesn't pick up, only for us to find you on TV the next day."

Ban chuckled and shook his head. "Oh, you only learn from the best. Though, I am glad you chose a more intellectual path. Sumo wrestling is fun, but I'd rather not lose my championship status to my daughter."

The two laughed at that, with Naka lightly punching her father in the shoulder. "Uh-huh, I don't know what I'd do if you suddenly spouted some obscure fact about a rare Pokemon."

Their reminiscing ended once Mason came in from the hallway, Aria in tow. Mason, with piercing blue eyes like his mother's, but jet black hair in a similar unkempt fashion like his father's, read the room and his eyes immediately teared up. "Y-... You're leaving?"

"Yup, I am. You're fifteen though, you're a big boy. You can handle your sis being off in another region."

"N-no, it always felt so much better knowing you were in the same region." Mason, being somewhat taller than Naka, didn't hold back in his emotions as he charged and gripped Nakano in a tight hug. "I won't be able to find you on random research tasks anymore, n-nor would I be able to get help."

"You can always call, big baby." Naka shook her head and chuckled, her voice strained as his grip was squeezing the air out of her lungs. After patting him on the back, Mason finally let go and sniffled. Though, his attempt to smile only made him look like an abused Lillipup using Baby-Doll Eyes.

"I know..." He said rather glumly, but tried smiling again and his smile looked less upset. "Still, good job on-... What, a promotion? Get to see the big world now and meet new people. Hopefully, you don't forget about us."

"How could I?" Naka looked rather offended, her hand to her chest in mock offense before she continued with a sweet smile. "It doesn't matter if dad's a sumo wrestling champion, or mom being a great surgeon, or you aspiring to be a gym leader and having half the badges in Sinnoh already. Your accomplishments aren't what make you memorable. Why would I forget my family?" She gave them all an affectionate glance before flicking her younger, yet taller brother on the forehead. "Dork. Come on, let's all eat together before I set out."

Nakano's last dinner with her family before her new adventure was spent reminiscing and joking around, despite the heavy hearts her family felt. Mason was right. It wasn't as fun without her around, and Sinnoh just didn't feel the same. Mason lamented how it would feel more lonely now that she wouldn't be here, but Naka was quick to reason that he could always call, preferably once a day so she didn't get overwhelmed. She was sure he'd stop worrying about her and focus on his own dreams, yet she knew that his aspirations had been driven because of her own workaholic nature regarding her own love for research and Pokemon.

That night, she broke the news to her two sleepy Pokemon. Her Pichu nearly electrocuted Naka out of excitement, again, and Eevee seemed almost indifferent, but Naka knew that he would miss it here. With a reliable roof over his head, trustworthy Pokemon to spar against, and the company of her family, her Eevee became quite complacent.

On that night, Naka had packed everything she needed, which included varying PokeBalls, medical equipment for not only her Pokemon but for humans as well, several changes of clothes, a mess kit, and a notebook and pen. Stuffing a bit more in her backpack, she left her house, enjoying the sight of her home, the sand that led to the shore of Route 219, and the salty, sea breeze that came from the south. Shedding a tear, she set off to the airport in Jubilife City, got checked in, and waited for the several hour flight to land her in Vermilion City.

10 Years Ago; Vermilion City to Pallet Town, Kanto; June 20-21

As Nakano landed on the afternoon of June 20 in Vermilion City, she took her time, traversing east then ducking into the cave system. As she let her Pichu and Eevee rest atop her shoulders, her Pichu shedding light with her move Flash, she had taken a gander at all the Diglett and Dugtrio and was surprised there wasn't much else besides these two Ground-Types. She was nearly set upon by a sneaky Zubat, but the light shed from Chu and a small Thunderbolt had scared it off.

Once she exited the cave and arrived in Viridian City, she took a day to herself to rest her Pokemon and relax her nerves before meeting Professor Oak. On June 21, she finally made it to Professor Oak's lab in the morning. She was set upon by work, which was to go upstairs and look over some things. Mainly paperwork, as Oak tended to some Pokemon. Being in the cool AC in the heat of the season, it was lovely on her dying skin, which was more suited for the cooler temperatures of Sinnoh. Having worn a black tank top, black shorts with a black and white checkered belt, black combat boots and her black backpack...

Maybe it was a bad idea to wear black. Especially as the heat was making the scar down the side of her neck itch.

After a few hours, she heard odd sounds coming from downstairs. Thinking they had visitors, Nakano was about to go downstairs to greet them until smoke had risen from the staircase and blew her back. It stung at her eyes and made it difficult to breathe. She coughed up a storm as her Pichu was unluckily caught by the smoke and was coughing from it, as well.

Fortunately, Fluffy was far enough away to not be hit by the initial blast. Seeing some people clad in a funny uniform, he gave chase. Chasing them downstairs had proved painful for him as he couldn't see from the smoke and tripped down the stairs. Shaking his head from his tumble, he heard the sounds of a Charmander and a Bulbasaur tailing after the thieves, so Fluffy went after them, wanting to get back those guys who took their research.

Nakano, finally getting her wits about her, looked at the table to see the documents she was pouring over were gone. Growling, she picked up Chu and cradled her in one arm as she ran downstairs, hell bent on stopping whoever had taken the papers. Her intimidating voice carried as she roared at them through the door, her feet still running her through the ground floor of the lab.

"HEY, GET BACK HERE WITH THAT!"

Last edited:
Desmond glanced at the leaderboard and had to admit, he wasn't too displeased with his place. The fact he was ranked at all given he had one capture option as he had spent most of his time taking pictures of the Pokemon. So he felt rather accomplished all things considered, and now he had another Pokemon of his own which was gonna take some getting used to.

Desmond glanced at the Park Ball that contained his newfound Kricketune and Politoed seemed to clap happy it had a friend to share on this adventure. Course, as he slipped his pictures into his photo collage and tucked that and his new capture in his bag he had kept close to Emma curious what his future had been.

"So, what do you aim to do now?" Desmond asked his to this point traveling companion.

@Cmeriwether
"I am unsure, after visiting the National Park," Emma responded, "I was thinking of heading back to Goldenrod City and coming up with a plan."

Emma was unsure about what she was doing after this, so she figured heading back to town would be a good idea, but she would listen out on what he had planned.

"What's your plan from here, Desmond?" Emma asked.

Volcarona had been flying around to see if anyone or anything could be perceived as a threat, but found nothing.

-------
June 9th, Route 2, Melemele Island, Alola
Jack Moore

"My Pokémon? Oh, they're great. Just not super talkative." As Jack said that, all three of his Pokémon simply blinked at Clisgeadh. "I think they just like battling more than socializing. Maybe that's a fault on my part..." Jack scratched his head. "But I go everywhere with them. I believe it's better than keeping them cooped up in Poké Balls all day."

"I have an Escavalier, named Knight, who is on easy today after fighting an Exeggutor from here, a Lapras named Seashell, a Diggersby named Kouneli, a Swampert named Skipper and this one."

Billy took several steps back and let Kusunoki out, the Massive Aggron looked rather confused at first, but Clisgeadh climbed up the Rock and Steel type and explained everything that the Electric Type could. Clisgeadh hopped on to the Aggron's head.

"I've been cooped up in Kalos for the last three years training with Kusunoki here." Billy responded, then thought aloud, "I wonder how my Cousins are doing, last I heard anything, it was not good."

------

Date: June 9th. Location: Stow-On-Side, Galar. User: Adolphian Richter. WSC Rank: Unranked.

The sun was bright as what seemed to be a strange man in black clothing with a strange logo on the chest and a glowing visor slowly entered the town, seemingly confused. The logo seemed to be bluish purple and was that of a microchip with the letters 'NCI' on it. He seemed to be in rough shape, as if a bird dropped him out of the sky and left him stranded on an isolated island for weeks. However, despite his rough shape, he managed to try as best he could not to draw attention to himself, though that didn't seem to work. Passerby gave him strange looks and his Leafeon companion even stranger looks. It was just, however, as cybernetics didn't seem as common as they were back home.

After asking for directions he nodded at the confused looking passerby and headed for the nearby pokecentre. His leafeon decided she was tired of walking and decided to use some vines to wrap around him and perch herself on his back. He gave a quiet noise of discomfort and looks to the face of the Leafeon riding him, her head staying level with his own. "Ach, Verdant! You know you're too heavy for me to carry like this. You're nearly half my zize!" He scolded her, his visor flashing. His accent seemed to be rather noticably German, with a hint of Dutch, but he seemed to speak English rather well. Meanwhile, his Leafeon simply giggled and waved a paw, shaking her head. "Oh, Adolph, you can do this. Think of it as a trial from the deities! You need to prove you can be strong in a new environment! Ya dikkelul." She spoke, her voice having a mild robotic tone to it. However, aside from the slight synthetic tone, her voice was rather cheerful and had more of a Dutch accent compared to his German. He sighed and shook his head, knowing well enough not to argue with his companion.

After around 10 minutes of carrying both his bag and the Leafeon to the Pokecentre, he stepped through the sliding doors and tried to ignore the odd looks he got from the various people there. Wasting no time, he approached the nurse and gave a quick bow, his Leafeon quickly dismounting herself from him to stand beside him. "Good day, freund. I apologize for the inconvience, however I would like to heal my Pokemon. They have become rather... Injured upon coming here, as a result of my arrival in the area." He spoke, about to add something, when his Leafeon cut him off, likely startling those in the Pokecentre with her unusual ability to speak. "We'd also like some information, alright? We're not from here, as obvious as it seems, and... We unfortunately lack basic information even a tourist would have." She spoke, rolling her eyes as Adolphian glared at her. "Verdant, I told you I have a handle on things. Please let me deal with this." He spoke under his breath, directed at the cheerful Leafeon, the almost polar opposite of his outwards appearance.

Ariana had been sitting waiting for news on Sandaconda, Dragapult, and Hydreigon when someone who seemed to definitely not be from around here, more so than herself. As such, her, Terry, and literally the entire Pokemon Center were in utter shock when a Leafeon spoke. This was the first talking Pokemon for either her or Terry, and he's seen a lot of unusualites like a Haxorus on Route 6, and a Cradilly running around Hammerlocke, from what he heard, the Rock and Grass type was released.

"Mrs. Ariana Montgomery?" Nurse Joy asked.

"Right here."

Ariana approached the Main desk. She stopped at the desk and waited.

"Your Dragapult and Hydreigon are fine, and Sandaconda is getting better, keep an eye on her wound near her tail, and if anything goes wrong, if you are in a town, have the Pokémon Center there call this Pokémon Center here in Stow-On-Side."

"I understand, thank you," Ariana took the pokeballs off the tray laid out by Nurse Joy.

She then noticed the guy with the Leafeon, who looked a bit confused.

"Well, you're in the Pokémon Center in Stow-On-Side, Galar." Ariana responded with a bit of nerves, but held herself through, "Ariana Montgomery, Rank twenty-four thousand and forty-six."

Dedenne had hopped on her shoulder, and looked utterly confused as he looked around and climbed on Ariana's head, looking at the man. She hoped he didn't have too many more questions before her sudden confidence went downhill, fast.

"I am unsure, after visiting the National Park," Emma responded, "I was thinking of heading back to Goldenrod City and coming up with a plan."

Emma was unsure about what she was doing after this, so she figured heading back to town would be a good idea, but she would listen out on what he had planned.

"What's your plan from here, Desmond?" Emma asked.

Volcarona had been flying around to see if anyone or anything could be perceived as a threat, but found nothing.

"Unsure. Might also head back to Goldenrod to rest. Though I may head north, haven't yet ventured up that for my collage." Desmond clarified, but of course, there was one thing on his mind as he sighed a bit.

"However, I do plan to cap my trip in Johto with a visit to the Ruins of Alph. A place where, according to rumor and some old legend, a certain special kind of Pokemon can be found." Desmond explained to Emma.

Politoed glanced up at the Volcarona as it hopped up cutely, as if it tried to see if it could hop in the air finding the visual of flight to be so cool.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Ariana had been sitting waiting for news on Sandaconda, Dragapult, and Hydreigon when someone who seemed to definitely not be from around here, more so than herself. As such, her, Terry, and literally the entire Pokemon Center were in utter shock when a Leafeon spoke. This was the first talking Pokemon for either her or Terry, and he's seen a lot of unusualites like a Haxorus on Route 6, and a Cradilly running around Hammerlocke, from what he heard, the Rock and Grass type was released.

"Mrs. Ariana Montgomery?" Nurse Joy asked.

"Right here."

Ariana approached the Main desk. She stopped at the desk and waited.

"Your Dragapult and Hydreigon are fine, and Sandaconda is getting better, keep an eye on her wound near her tail, and if anything goes wrong, if you are in a town, have the Pokémon Center there call this Pokémon Center here in Stow-On-Side."

"I understand, thank you," Ariana took the pokeballs off the tray laid out by Nurse Joy.

She then noticed the guy with the Leafeon, who looked a bit confused.

"Well, you're in the Pokémon Center in Stow-On-Side, Galar." Ariana responded with a bit of nerves, but held herself through, "Ariana Montgomery, Rank twenty-four thousand and forty-six."

Dedenne had hopped on her shoulder, and looked utterly confused as he looked around and climbed on Ariana's head, looking at the man. She hoped he didn't have too many more questions before her sudden confidence went downhill, fast.

The trainer dressed in black and having a clear scientist vibe looked towards the Female as she spoke to him, silently nodding as he took in his information. He thought for a few moments as his Leafeon stayed silent, following the instruction that he would do the talking. She decided to mount her trainer again, the 30 kilogram Eeveelution using her vines to get a good grip on the one who saved her a few years ago. She hummed quietly as her head went back to it's place beside his own, like some sort of strange Zweilous.

He frowned and spoke in a reflective tone, his German accent noticable as ever. "Vell, I zuppose mein lack of knowledge of zee location reflects zee nature of how Ich arrived here. I zuppose vou've heard of zee wormhole phenomenon, correct? I vill not give many details on zhat, but I come from vhat I azzume to be an alternate universe. And az zuch... My rezearch relies on information collection from others." He spoke, sighing as the realization dawned apon him, that he'd actually have to communicate with people he didn't know frequently in order to discern the differences between here and where he came from.

He took his visor off, something he rarely did, in an attempt to appear less of a threat. The eyes were the gateway to the soul, so his mother said. He seemed somewhat anxious for more information, but he seemed to sense that she didn't exactly have the patience for such questions. Instead, he held out a hand for a handshake, his eyes going from a darker blue to their standard purplish blue. "Adolphian Richter, Administrator for the Cybernetics and Biotechnology divisions in NanoCorp Industries. I do not know what you mean by rank, however I can only assume it's from some sort of competition. It's nice to meet you." He spoke, his voice polite at an attempt to be civil.

"I understand NanoCorp doesn't seem to exist in this reality, so it may seem a worthless endevour to speak my rank. However, I will remain to do so, as it is an achievement I'm proud of." He continued, smiling in further politeness. However, if one were perceptive, his eyes seemed cold, and he seemed to be giving off his lack of emotion as an attempt to protect himself. Why he attempted to use such a visage would be up to speculation, however one could assume it was because he was hurt in the past. Like Cirus, he chose to be represent himself as emotionless, albiet on a less extreme scale, and one that never lead to him choosing to destroy the current world to make a new one.

Welp, I can't make a run for it now. James thought. Wait a minute, second ship? Oh, she must mean the other pod which Lizzie is in which is linked to mine because she doesn't know how to pilot."

"Of course not, there's no one in there, absolutely no one, that's just a secondary quantum reactor in case the downsized one can't provide enough for hyperspeed."

Seeing as the girls weren't convinced, he continued talking.

"I mean, you wouldn't even be able to go in there, the tunnels are so small that maintenance has to be done by the kids who are learning the ropes in engineering."

He fiddled with his watch for a bit before a blue forcefield envelopped the spacecraft.

"There, now that that's taken care of, I'm going to go, see ya."

James started sprinting towards the road.

@kyuukestu

Windie noticed it first- the smell of gas filling the air. The puppy’s fur spiked in alert and he defensively took a stance in front of his trainer. Acacia, however, had no intention of remaining still and protected, though he was plagued by the question of what the best course of action would be.

I need to chase after them! Wait no, the lab! People could be hurt… but if they stole some valuable research who knows what they could get up to… “ARGH”

Acacia simultaneously thought and articulated his frustration in a huff, once again suffering from the very human inability to be more than one place at a time. To cope with such a shortcoming, his eyes wandered to the other two boys and a makeshift plan began to formulate.

“Don’t let them get away, I’ll catch up soon!” He barked the steep request to his two peers and dashed towards the lab with Windie in stride.

There’s four of them and they were wearing gas masks. Since they’re relying on numbers and alternative methods it’s safe to assume they aren’t very gifted in direct combat, plus I doubt they’d send anyone particularly important for a small burglary. If Rob’s been battling with Riolu he shouldn’t be in too much danger.

His thoughts were interrupted by the stinging scent of the smoke that accumulated as he arrived at the labs entrance. The dense fog hid the contents of the laboratory’s interior.

Well I guess it’s not lethal… or at least not immediately. And the charmander’s tail didn’t trigger an explosion so at the very least it’s not combustible. Probably just a standard tear gas like the ones from the war.

With that in mind, Acacia’s nerves calmed and he racked his brain for memories of chemistry to help formulate a course of action.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
June 21st, 10 Years Ago
Robert Dean, 10 Years Old
Pallet Town

The Riolu that was previously about to introduce himself halted immediately upon hearing the Laboratory's door open. His fur bristled, sensing a variety of auras at once: the malice of the burglarizing quartet, the bloodthirsty enthusiasm of the Charmander, the panicked yet resigned fear of the Bulbasaur, and the faintest hint of righteous anger from a source unknown. Mith began to breathe heavily, this was his first time sensing multiple auras at once and the abundance of foreign emotions threatening to cloud his judgement. Shaking his head vehemently, he returned to Robert's side to await instruction.

Robert's aura seemed the most similar to the aforementioned Bulbasaur: he was stunned due to fear and uncertainty. He had never seen a real robbery before, the closest he got was watching a Saturday morning cartoon's depiction. In those cartoons, it was clear that no one was in real danger: all the robber would do was threaten everyone with his weapon and then leave if he got what he wanted. More often than not, a brave cop or an almighty superhero would stop the thief before he got a penny. This was a different scenario: the robbers had already gotten what they wanted and they were getting away, without so much as a bystander present to call for help. Rob thought that he was supposed to play the role of the bystander, but Acacia spouted a command before the red-haired boy could even utter a syllable.

"Don't let them get away."

As soon as he heard that command, he asked himself a question: Why me? It could've been Acacia, his more courageous peer, but the golden-eyed boy was already going into the smoking building to possibly rescue anyone that was trapped inside. He then looked to Sorrel, contemplating if he should be the one to lead the charge, but a tap on his leg redirected his gaze. Mith looked at his trainer with a steeled resolve before giving a single nod, as if to let Robert know that the time to act had come.

"L-let's go, w-w-we can still catch them," Robert turned to Sorrel whilst trying to sound brave, but his voice betrayed his true emotions. After the failed attempt at affirming himself, Robert began to run after the crooks, who were taking the route to Pallet Town's beach.

Thieves
The foursome of thieves had currently experienced no interruptions, trampling over peoples gardens and nearly throttling anyone that was unlucky enough to get in the way. Though the collisions caused a few papers to fall, the thieves weren't bothered by the meager losses.

"Guys, there's some Pokémon chasing after us" The thief holding up the rear notified his cooperators as soon as he heard the footsteps behind him.

"Ignore them. Unless they're water or flying types, they can't catch us once we get in the water." The thief at the front couldn't be bothered to look behind them, caring only about their destination: the motorboat of the coast of Pallet Town's beach.

"There's also a kid and his Pokémon chasing after us," The thief from behind spouted another warning as he noticed a red-headed boy awkwardly trying to catch up with the four of them.

"So? You afraid of getting tagged or something? Hand the papers off to someone else and deal with the brat if you must." Taking a moment to pause, the grunts at the rear placed their stolen papers atop the stolen papers of the grunts at the front, allowing the latter to continue whilst the former stood guard.

"This kid's gotta have a death wish or something, but we'll play along, right bud?" The remnant grunt on the left cracked a devious smirk as he grabbed a Pokéball from his belt. After pressing the Pokéball's button, a light blue light shone on the ground, eventually revealing a Grimer as the thief's Pokémon.

"As long as the others get to the boat, we'll be fine." The grunt on the right kept a stern face as he also grabbed a Pokéball from his belt, releasing his Magnemite for the coming battle.

Last edited:

Esther

The two girls exchanged glances, silently confirming that they were both hearing the same spurious claims. Even if he was going to lie, he should’ve at least thought up something more believable, no? As suspicious as it was, it wasn’t as suspicious as the man’s immediate attempts to flee the scene.

Rapidash snorted as Elsie hopped onto its back, “Hop on and call the Coppers, this wanker’s bout to run right through Bewear territory.”

Esther squinted hard; this pressing situation(?) seemed far outside the scope of her duties, but she wasn’t about to argue with the people signing her paychecks. Rapidash’s back didn’t look the most comfortable, but she bit the bullet and swung up anyway. She wrapped her arms around Elsie’s waist and, thank Arceus she had because, with a loud ‘HYAH!’, they were off at a gallop!

James turned around as the Rapidash galloped towards him.

"Seriously, can you let me go, I just got on this planet and I'm already in trouble."

Sylvester turned around to face the Unique Horn pokemon, making his hood fall off and revealing his elongated ears.

"Z, come on out." He said, causing his Porygon-Z to materialize in front of him. "Use Trick Room, then follow it up with Tri-Attack."

As a purplish field appeared around the pokemon, three glowing orbs appeared around the Porygon, which then turned into beams that shot forwards.

"Just leave me alone already, it's not like I can pay for the damage I caused, unless you accept credit, which I highly doubt. I just wanted to escape the invaders and live a peaceful life with my sister, but the very first humans I meet are not the friendliest bunch, are they? Don't blame me for doing this, it's your own fault."

@kyuukestu

Esther

Horseback riding was a new experience for Esther and horseback battling even more so; she felt her heart leap, lodging into her through as psychic power pulsed out from the strange pokémon that emerged from the even stranger, and evidently not human...man. As the duo entered the Trick Room, Esther could feel her stomach churn with vertigo as dimensions twisted and their speed was manipulated in ways the girl couldn’t even fathom.

While Esther was busy being sick to her stomach, Elsie, proving that she was made of sterner stuff, barked out a command. “Rapidash, Pyscho Cut!”

Swinging its unique horn forward, Rapidash released a trio of slashes that collided with Tri Attack. Rather than press the assault, Rapidash pranced to a halt as Elsie gave their elfin guest a hard glare.

“Nae, listen here you— I don’t care where you’re going, but up ahead its Bewear turf, and if you run through you’ll send the lot o’ em into a fit. If ya really want to pay off the damages, then we can hire you.

“I wouldn’t have believed it if Rapidash here couldn’t tell you weren’t lying. Ya ain’t the strangest thing around these parts, so if you really wanna live peacefully then ye’d best accept my offer and earn yourself some cash.”

@killerwolf9980

"Well, now I feel awkward, I thought humans were jerks, but never mind that, Z, return."

As the Porygon disappeared back into it's container, James considered his options.

"Okay, fine, can't say I've done much farm work in my life, as in, at all, but I'd be willing to give it a shot if, and only if, you don't call the local law enforcers and I can move Lizzie somewhere safe."

He sagged and sat down, Z coming out to hug him as he let out all of his pent-up emotions. While the massacre had been a long time ago, it was fresh on his mind, cryosleep having put him on hold for the last decades.

"She's all I have left." He whispered.

@kyuukestu

Sorrel Markson
June 21st (10 years ago), Pallet Town, Kanto

Sorrel's eyes widened in delight as Mith approached him, his ears deaf to the whispers of the other boys. He noted that the Pokemon seemed quite healthy, and also intelligent. It had extended its hand in greeting, and with a smile, Sorrel returned the friendly gesture, reaching out to shake its paw slowly but firmly. "Hiya... I'm Sorrel. You're a Riolu, right? It's super cool to meet you!"

Meanwhile, Boots decided that both boys seemed at least decently friendly. Both had waved back, which was, as far as Boots could tell, a good sign. He was still looking at them when he noticed the Growlithe approach and begin sniffing him, which was... okay. Boots was aware that some humans were interested in the smell of herbs and spices he emitted, although it usually happened later in the year when the scent was most powerful rather than in the middle of summer. For a Pokemon to begin sniffing him wasn't entirely uncommon, but often enough it ended up with something nibbling on his vines, so he wasn't too keen on the sniffing.

The interactions abruptly came to a halt, though, as a small commotion came from the direction of the lab. Sorrel snapped out of his reverie to see that smoke was pouring out of the building, several individuals were fleeing, and a pair of Pokemon were in hot pursuit of said people. A moment later there was a yell from within the lab, almost frightening in its intensity, of "GET BACK HERE WITH THAT!". One of the boys told Sorrel and the other member of their little group not to let 'them' get away, but Sorrel wasn't sure whether that meant the humans or the Pokemon. Both were running away from the lab, after all. If it was a fire in the building, it made sense that all of them would want to get out... maybe the papers the people were carrying were important research that they couldn't let get burned. He had almost convinced himself that this was probably the case, but then he saw that all four people were wearing gas masks and grey uniforms rather than lab coats. That was suspicious.

The boy beside him also seemed to have agreed to chasing these people, based on his words, so Sorrel stood up from his crouched position, gave a nod, and began to run beside the other boy. He knew he'd need his partner if it came to a fight, but the Tangela wasn't particularly fast. A standard walking speed for Sorrel was practically a slow jog for Boots, and a sprint would probably leave him behind. Besides, throwing Boots' Pokeball would give him extra distance later. With those things in mind, he recalled the Tangela into his Pokeball as the boys' pace began to accelerate. However, Sorrel wasn't able to keep up terribly quickly with fully grown adults; as such, he began to lose ground during parts of the chase where he couldn't run in a straight line, and gained only slightly when he was able to cut corners.

He flung his hand back, and with as much strength as he could muster while having his main focus on running, he hurled Boots' Pokeball towards the group of fleeing grunts. It soared between two of them, impacted the ground, and released the Tangela just in time for him to hear his trainer's shout. "Boots, stop them!"

Vines shot out in all directions, waving in the air and stretching to stop the grunts from running around them. In all likelihood, the grunts would either have to slow down, or keep running and slam headlong into vines and trip, but... those two had already stopped. Their brief pause had allowed them to hand off their papers to their cohorts, and they had turned around to confront the children. A Magnemite and a Grimer were released, the latter causing Sorrel's nose to wrinkle at the foul smell that wafted off of it.

The other two grunts had begun to get away, and Sorrel hesitated. These two didn't have the papers, and these bad guys definitely wanted the papers. So would it be wise to try and avoid these two thieves and go after the ones who were getting away with the stolen items? He doubted he could face them both alone, but they were sure to get away if he didn't do anything!

Mind made up, he called out to his partner. "Boots, Vine Whip and Bind!" The Tangela's eyes narrowed, and several vines slammed into each of the men. One impacted the Grimer's trainer in the small of the back, causing him to yelp in pain. Then, the same vines began coiling around the men, trying to restrain them and damage them further.

Sorrel kept running, his breathing slowly becoming painful from the exertion and the foul reek caused by the presence of Grimer. He skirted to the opposite side of the street, trying to avoid the sludgelike Pokemon as much as possible and get around the two men who were working to stall them. Unfortunately, this resulted in his getting a little too close to the Magnemite than was strictly wise, and the grunt was quick to take advantage of this. "Magnemite, stop that damned kid! Spark!" Sorrel realized his mistake, eyes widening as the metallic Pokemon soared at him covered in crackling energy and ready to strike.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

She was pissed. These stupid people broke into the only place that had been good to her, and that was their first mistake. They had stolen from the only human who had gone out of his way to be nice to her, and that was their second mistake. And their third? Well, they would make that soon, she was sure. The first two transgressions were more than enough to invoke her fury.

She called to her companions, both the timid one and the stupid one. She might need backup, after all, and they weren't half-bad in their own ways. Regardless of whether they were to join her quest to make these humans pay, though, she charged after the fleeing men, eyes narrowed and tail blazing. Despite her small stature, she set off at a surprising pace. She leaned forward and charged headlong, relying on her tail to counterbalance her until she was ready to slow down. That, of course, wouldn't happen until she started tearing into their legs and making them regret ever setting foot in the lab.

Her frenzied charge frequently took her from the street, to the sidewalks with a short hop, into a garden or neatly mowed lawn, and back again. She could see running forms ahead of her and beside her, but she knew the small humans weren't with the ones in gray. In fact, it seemed like they were trying to help. If that was the case, well, the more the merrier. She didn't mind a few extra hands, so long as she still got to have a good fight.

And it looked like the fight was almost here. The thieves had slowed down, seemingly doing something with their stolen papers, and soon after one of her fellow hunters threw out a Pokemon who used its vines to block a couple of them and keep them from continuing to flee. The two grunts released Pokemon as well, and she knew it was time to fight. She quickly closed in now that the grunts were no longer running, and gave a snarl as she closed for melee. To her chagrin, her opponents seemed to completely ignore her... the insolence! and instead focused on the trainer who'd sent his Pokemon to block their escape. The Magenemite cloaked itself in electricity and began charging towards the boy, ready to send him reeling with the shock.

Growling, she shifted directions slightly, and with her continued momentum she barreled into the charging Magnet Pokemon, claws cloaked in a black energy. Her first strike beat against the Magnemite, pushing it away and preventing it from hitting the boy; it was shortly followed by another strike, this one delivered by a shadowy form vaguely resembling a bipedal canine, and then another spectral shape that was vaguely frog-like rammed into the target. A final dark form appeared, vaguely spherical with undefined edges, and delivered a final blow. The four strikes combined sent it spinning, and the corners of her mouth stretched with feral bloodlust. Didn't see that coming, did you, ya dumb lugnut!

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

Sorrel closed his eyes tightly, waiting for the impact to come and for his limbs to burn with the sting of a strong electric current. He was surprised when it never came, and opened his eyes tentatively to find that the charging Magnemite had been knocked aside, and was currently trying to recover from the attack it had suffered. Near his feet was a Charmander, which he'd seen before when the chase began. She was breathing somewhat heavily from the run, but the last traces of black energy dwindling from her clawed hands and the battle-hungry look in her eyes were the only signs thus far that she had fought.

Sorrel felt tears bite at the corners of his eyes. Perhaps it was a bit babyish, but he'd been quite frightened by the attack, and that combined with the relief at being saved and his gratitude towards the Pokemon who'd done it ended up being a little overwhelming. "T-thank you for saving me, Charmander!" He managed to get out the words, albeit not without a stutter. She gave a brief glance at his face, then seemed to roll her eyes before running forward again, seemingly looking to press her advantage on the disoriented Magnemite before it could fully recover.

Its trainer, struggling to throw off the coils of Boots' binding vines, saw this and ordered a Thunder Wave. His Pokemon seemed to recover when it heard its trainer's command, and it tilted its magnets forward slightly, sending expanding rings of electricity out in an attempt to paralyze the Charmander. Sorrel was aware of the move's effects, and shouted out a warning to the Pokemon who had saved him. "Charmander, stop! If that hits you, you'll be paralyzed!"
The charging fire lizard seemed as if she weren't going to listen. For a few steps, she continued to charge on headlong, but just as Sorrel was sure she'd keep charging straight on into the attack, she skidded to a halt and ran to one side, just barely out of range of the widening arcs of the status move. The last trailing loops of Thunder Wave began to fade a few seconds later, and the Charmander seemed to take that as the signal for another charge.

She darted forward, leaped, and raked her claws against the hard shell of the Magnemite's body, resulting in a sound like that of a Meowth using a blackboard as a scratching post. She landed on the other side of the Magnemite, arms extended in what she probably thought was a dramatic pose, but was actually just kinda cute. Sorrel smiled, but knew the longer he spent simply standing here, the farther away the goons with the papers were getting. But... he couldn't just leave Charmander, the other boy, and the Riolu to fight the grunts and their Pokemon alone. Especially not after Charmander had his back. Torn between pursuit and protection, Sorrel stayed where he was, ready to command Boots or advise his other allies until an opening or an answer should appear.

Last edited:

Nakano Saito​

10 Years Ago (16 years old); Pallet Town, Kanto; June 21

The Eevee flew past a young boy as he and his Growlithe investigated the lab. Footsteps were heard through the smoke before the smoke parted ways from the woman running, the two humans now visible to each other. Naka, outraged and with a Pichu cradled in the nook of her arm, growled. "Get outta the way!" Gritting her teeth, she managed to squeeze between him and the doorframe, her bulkier and taller body might've likely bowled him over if she were less kind.

As she passed the kid, she saw her Eevee was ahead, but far behind two other kids who gave chase with a Riolu in tow. She saw the grunts took a roundabout way, so she hurried towards the port, jumping over hedges with surprising acrobatics and even hopping over the side of the fountain found as the centerpiece of Kanto. Her adrenaline pumped through her body and she whistled. "Fluffy, take Chu and catch up with Quick Attack. Chu, Thunder Wave. Don't let them escape!"

This was the professor's research, likely compiled from reports that other researchers put together, as well. This kind of stunt would be enough for any reasonable scientist to panic over, but she felt fear grip her heart far more than what a researcher would normally feel. As Chu hopped off her arm and landed on Fluffy's back, the Eevee became cloaked in white light before he sped off, making it to the south side of Kanto in record time.

Two of the grunts held bigger stacks than they held previously, which meant two others stayed behind. The Eevee caught up to their heels and Chu hopped off Fluffy, squeaking furiously as weak jolts of lightning sparked from her cheeks, making one of the grunts trip and fall as his legs locked up. The one grunt who didn't fall looked behind him to see an angry Eevee and an angry Pichu. The sight alone would have been adorably funny if the raging, muscular teenager behind them didn't sprint towards him with the scariest look on her face. Well, with what should have been scary, the man was a bit more seasoned.

The grunt quickly popped out his Pokemon before trying to flee to the dock. Naka simply kicked out her legs and slid under the Koffing, causing the floating gaseous being to follow her with his body and try to blow Poison Gas at her. The gas didn't reach her fast enough as she booked it towards the fleeing grunt, who just made it to the dock before she finally caught up to him.

"YOU THINK YOU CAN GET AWAY, MEATHEAD?" The grunt looked back, only to see a fist to his face and then lights danced in his vision, feeling immense pain radiating from his nose and making his eyes water as her fist's impact made a crunch, breaking his nose. The man dropped the papers and grunted, holding his now bleeding nose with one hand as he tried to crawl backwards, growling to stifle the pain and gaining enough distance to stand up.

However, the Koffing wasn't done yet. Without looking, Naka barked her orders. "Chu, Fluffy, Helping Bolt!" With Fluffy setting his paw on Chu's back, orange aura came off him and empowered Chu with Helping Hand. She let out a loud squeak before shooting a powerful bolt of lightning, dimming the light around them as it cracked the air and sent the Koffing hurtling to the ground before it had time to attack Naka. Without orders, Fluffy charged with a bark and used Tackle on the struggling Koffing while it was still down, making it roll to some hedges, yet its body continued to let out toxic gases.

Meanwhile, Naka gathered up the papers and sighed as the man was glaring at her and trying to push off the ground to stand, blood dripping down his face and arm. "Pitiful." She muttered, feeling her anxiety ease itself as she gathered the papers he dropped before going to the other grunt and picking up his papers. "You're lucky there are rules against unnecessary assault. Otherwise, you two would be going to jail with broken bones." She warned, causing the other grunt to watch her warily, eyes wide.

Scaring them hadn't worked as she had hoped however. These people had seen their fair share of battles and injuries. She realized this as the man on the ground seemed to shake off the paralysis, struggling to get up as his muscles protested. Naka stepped back, and so did her Pokemon. This was bad.

Holding the papers cradled in her hands, she cursed at her own lack of foresight for not picking up a backpack to put this all in. She took a step back as her hands were now full and the two grunts were now staring her down. The one still struggling from paralysis yet fighting through threw out a Pokemon. In a flash of light, there was a Porygon. The red and blue polygonal duck buzzed and glared at Naka and her Pokemon, causing both her Pokemon to growl back.

One of the men pressed a button in his earpiece. "Better be ready, girl." He sneered, his Koffing rising from the floor and standing next to the Porygon, wanting to continue the fight despite being battered and bruised.

Last edited: