• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

June 14, Tuesday - National Park, Johto. Reina, current rank, 45,099.

"You're right, there are bad people out there." Reina sighed but that didn't stop her from smiling. "That's why I wanna be strong." She flexed her right bicep and laughed when the Phantump gave her a pat. "Are you hungry? There's a vending machine and I got some change." She pulled out some coins from her pocket. "My treat!"

She pointed at the vending machine, which had a big selection of snacks. "It's always nice to share a meal with someone, which is also great when you have Pokemon, they're always willing to eat with you."

Genevieve, Tuesday, June 14th, National Park: Johto

Sam heard treat and immediately got excited floating around Genevieve and chanting. Plus, she knew she would have to eat eventually... it'd been a couple days since she had a proper meal after all. She nodded, grateful for this offer of sustenance. Knowing that this stranger was different from the other people out there, and even had a desire to make sure that those people were shown their place... it did make her feel a little happy on the inside.

"Sam... no begging. You know better than that."

Sam sighed, pouting slightly as he crossed his arms. She was right... but that didn't mean he felt like that was the case. He was offered free food, why wouldn't he be excited?

"Come on, we have enough for all three of us."

Reina began walking over to the vending machine, looking at the different options inside. She took a few moments to make her decision, until she finally decided on a soda. "It's not everyday you see grape soda available." She said as she put in the code after putting in some coins. "What about you two?" She offered Genevieve the coins on her palm.

Genevieve got up and walked with Reina to the machine, not too much that was very... appetizing to say the very least. It was mostly drinks, which was to be expected. She never was a fan of most of these either, if she was going to drink something, it couldn't fizz or pop or even leave a lingering taste. So, that left about one option on the table, which she was perfectly content with.

"...Water."

Colored
June 14th, National Park

It had been a little bit since her successful Venonat capture, and Colored plus her proud Cinccino partner had returned to where they were pretty sure Reina was to go and share the results of her efforts. Only to find her with someone… curiously young looking.

“Hm? When’d you find somebody new? I mean… obviously not jealous here, social bonds aren’t my thing so jealously isn’t either, without a doubt. Also I caught a Venonat. I think I’ll name it Mallow.”

Her pride had bounced up at the mention of the dual-type bug, even if it wasn’t exactly very much of a Pokémon to be proud of… you know. OUTSIDE of a Bug-Catching Contest, or if you were just a plain and simple Bug Catcher.

But hey, Colored didn’t mind. She didn’t really deem any Pokémon too scary or weird to be caught and loved, you’d just need patience to have that work out.

Kaden Miller - June 14th - Send off spring, Sinnoh

"It'll probably be best for us to leave as well," Kaden replied and gave a nod to Ron. He'd call Ron a trusted acquaintance after everything that happened today. Etna looked back at the strange Typhlosion, with her smile only widening and her tail wagging behind her. Quite a day they had and honestly, Kaden would like nothing more but to just go back to the hotel and probably take a nap before processing everything that had happened.

They just needed to find the way back of course. Kaden looked at the other trainer that had been with them, who proposed to do a race back, "Not sure if that's a good idea seeing that we could easily get lost in the forest, so I'll pass," he explained, but readied himself to cross the water of this strange lake once more, returning his Hisuian Arcanine and taking out Nyx once more to levitate him over the water again and down the cliff. Thanking his Mismagius for the assistance he took out Etna again to ride on her back for the rest of the trek to find their way back to Hotel Grand Lake.

"Here you go, one fresh water for you." Reina picked up the water bottle that popped out of the vending machine and handed it over to Genevieve. "Oh Colored is back!"

Reina turned to see her traveling buddy arriving back from the contest. "Hey a Venonat? That's so cool, I caught a Scyther. Do you report it? Oh wait..." She gestured at the little girl with her. "I made a new friend, um sorry little girl, what's your name? I'm Reina Cortez and this is Colored, we're traveling the Johto region together."

Genevieve took the water bottle from Reina, realizing she couldn't really drink it reliably without removing the scarf, which was an absolute no-go for her. So she simply held the water in her hands, looking over at Colored... definitely someone who was bad at hiding things, from what she could tell. Upon Reina asking, she supposed she had to answer. After all, she was being so nice to her... the least she could do is give them her name. Sam swooped in and grabbed the bottle of water from Genevieve though, basically hugging it as he began drinking a little by flipping himself upside-down.

"...Genevieve. And Sam is the Phantump."

"Well nice to meet you. Are you heading somewhere? We plan on going to Goldenrod City." Reina took out her map and showed the location they were heading to on it. "It's really big, if you're heading that way, you can come with us. Unless you're waiting for someone, aren't you too young to be alone?"

"I... don't know. Only got here... a few hours ago... to Johto, I mean. Just me... and Sam. Came from... Shalend. I guess... I'll follow you."

Genevieve put her hands behind her back, looking down at the ground again. Sam finished drinking the water and put it in a small little bag on Genevieve's back. He then floated back up to her head, withdrawing into his stump and laying on top of her. She then looked at Colored again, gazing at them to try to get a read on them.

"Are they like... you too... Reina?"

Reina looked a bit confused, she looked too young to be on her own, but maybe she was a beginner trainer. "Did you just start your journey? You look really young."

Reina then looked at Colored and smiled. "Oh yeah Colored is really great, this trip has been great thanks to her."

"I... don't like battling. Why would I be on... a journey? Sometimes you have to... find new things. New places. In Shalend... there's nothing for me... anymore..."

Knowing that Colored was at the very least a good person was slightly more comforting, but she would still stay wary, she barely knew who these people were at this point. But... having people you barely know to travel with was better than no one at all.

10 Years Ago. June 20th, the Cinnabar Gym. Acacia Song, 9 years old

“What’s wrong with you Poliwhirl?! Get back up!!!”

Perhaps the setting could best be described as hell- it certainly felt like it for the newest challenger of Cinnabar’s gym. Lava bubbled on all sides of the arid battlefield he stood on, a scorching sun blinded him from above, and adding to the rivers of sweat that flowed from his disheveled hair was the pure humiliation he was currently suffering as his water type toppled over on the field. His name was Jasper Cunningham, and while there is no particular reason you should know his name, he certainly felt he was something of note.

One would need to be quite ignorant to deny that Jasper had the talent to be great, and perhaps he would have been if he had chosen to take the hard way. He had all the resources one could dream of and had graduated at the top of his class. If he had slowed down his journey, built a balanced team, and properly devised a strategy for this battle it is quite likely- no- guaranteed that he would have emerged victorious today. But instead he had opted to take the easy way. Thanks to his father’s stature as a VP at Silph Co. Jasper had unrestricted access to coveted Ultra Balls. Using them, he captured a new team advantageous to every gym he faced. The strategy succeeded in gaining him his first two badges, but today it was the reason he fell short before he could even reach his third gym leader.

“There’s no point in yelling, you should get your poliwhirl to a Pokémon center. The battle’s over.”

A bored voice echoed from the kid on the opposite end of the battlefield. He was quite the underwhelming sight compared to his competitor. Standing behind his orange puppy at both half Jasper’s height and age, the child looked like your typical brat with a mess of dark brown hair and a dirty white tank top that did put his scrawny arms on full display. His name was Acacia Song, and despite the unremarkable appearance, he was everything that Jasper believed himself to be.

“But your Growlithe didn’t even land a hit! This shouldn’t be possible!!!”

Acacia’s cocked an eyebrow as if he was almost intrigued as to how it was possible someone could be so ignorant. He raised his hand to his mouth and let out a loud yawn before slowly walking forward.

“First off, his name’s Windie. You should really give your Pokémon a new name, otherwise it’s just like naming your dog ‘dog’ ya know?” He reached the unconscious Pokémon and ran a finger along its back.

“And see?” He waved the finger in the air. “Bone-dry.”

“So what? Of course it’s dry, it’s burning hot in here.”

“Ughhhhh.” Acacia let out a sigh, this time one of disappointment rather than pure boredom. “You really don’t get it do you? Poliwhirls secrete an excess of sweat to keep their skin moist when they’re out of water. Like you said, it’s super hot in here, which means Poliwhirl had to sweat even more. On top of that you kept making it spam bubble beam and water gun even after I used sunny day which just dehydrated it even faster even though their effectiveness was halved. If you had prepared and taught it a move like rain dance or evolved it into a Politoed with the ability drizzle then you could’ve won, but you came in here thinking the battle was decided because of a type advantage and a higher level so you never stood a chance, it’d tarnish our gyms name if I let someone like you battle Blaine… By the way, I was being serious earlier, you really should get it to a Pokémon center fast. Dehydration is no joke.”

This fucking prick. Never before had Jasper been talked down to in such a manner. His whole life he had been at the top, a winner, and to be spoken to with such disregard for stature by some child was simply unacceptable- an affront to the natural order. He was a valedictorian and prom king. This kid? He was nothing.

In his rage Jasper grabbed Acacia by the collar and pulled him in close, spitting out his words through gritted teeth. “And just who the hell do you think you are?”

“Nobody special.” Acacia smirked in vehement refusal to give this man the satisfaction of any indication of fear. “I’m just the intersection where your arrogance and reality met.”

WHACK

The downside of being too witty for his small stature kicked in and Acacia’s nose felt the full force of the metal rings on Jasper’s right fist before he hit the ground with a thud. Feeling he had regained some semblance of power, Jasper returned his Pokémon and walked away with his head held high. “Dumb brat, you should learn to respect your elders.”

Windie rushed to his partner’s side and was prepared to char the man who had dared to touch his friend, though Acacia reached out a bloodied hand to hold the puppy back. “I appreciate it buddy, but there’s no need. He already lost and that Poliwhirl’s in rough shape, just let it go.”

Though his words succeeded in calming Windie, Acacia’s tightly clenched fist was a testament to the storm brewing within. For now he was just a kid, but tomorrow that would all change. Blood trickled from his nose, but his spirit remained undefeated. In the piercing gold eyes of someone who believed himself to be truly special, Jasper wasn’t even a big fish in a little pond. He was a minnow in a puddle that fancied himself quite extraordinary compared to the common gnat that hovered around. To retaliate against such a person would prove nothing.

Acacia’s gaze traveled to a framed picture that decorated the gym wall. It was Blaine standing next to a boy who at the time wasn’t much older than himself captioned “The Living Legend.” That was the only person who he had to prove himself to and he didn’t care what he went through to get there. Starting tomorrow on his tenth birthday he would begin his journey in chase of Red.

Last edited:

11:37 AM June 10th, Friday

- Lumiose City, Kalos
“Damnit, morning already. Fuck! I overslept.”

For Acer, it felt like he had been sleeping for a long time. Perhaps that was because he had finally gotten a good amount of sleep or he was just in a state of near death. Needless to say, the last few days had been quite turbulent. He started his journey by storming out of the house after his parents cursed him with what he presumed to be a lab experiment in the Froakie they gave him. After getting a good taste of its ego, the only thing on his mind was to sell it for some quick money. That goal led him all the way out into the Lumiose Badlands, where he would find some dead bodies in a sandy grave. It got worse when Ricardo, the man Acer presumed to be responsible, showed up. Confident, Acer ended up signing a contract to bet 500k in a Pokémon battle, which he ended up losing to a Poliwag. Acer thought he was saved from Ricky blowing his brains out with a gun when Charles Thayer, the Commissioner of the Lumiose Police force, arrived. Unfortunately, Charles ended up shooting down Louise, the Officer accompanying him, and had his Noivern eat his Growlithe after Ricky shot it dead. Acer tried to run, but he was shot too. From there, Ricky essentially forced him to join some underground battling ring to repay back his debt of 500k.

The rules were pretty simple at first glance. All Acer had to do was win the current tournament he was in. However, losing meant Ricky would add another 100k to his debt. He could participate in the tournament the next week, but consecutive tournament losses added more money to the losing fee added onto the debt already owed. Winning obviously lessened the debt, but there was a limit to how much one could lose. Once someone owed Ricky 1 million, they would be as good as toast. Acer shuddered as he recalled watching Ricky personally send Shane to the world of the dead. None of the other competitors seemed to be bothered by the environment. Those like Jonas and Blaze seemed to have been here for a bit now. Meanwhile, someone like Jeremy was supposedly working with Ricky and using specially gifted Pokémon. The Machop had a slew of egg moves, which should increase its value for anyone hoping to purchase it. After all, the battling ring was just one large auction that advertised the product in an entertaining, life-or-death battle, type of way.

“If only Froakie can get sold off for a good price and I could get the money without dying. Damn it.”

Even as the day turned, Acer hadn’t forgotten the bloody mess Froakie had gotten him into. It was bad enough that he had to fight a madman with a bat. He got beaten to a pulp only for Froakie to show off and save him. Although they won, Acer didn’t feel too excited. Even now, he was walking back there with a limp in his step as he clutched his ribs every so often. He tried not to be too obvious due to the encounter he had last night. Some shady guy literally chased him out of an alleyway and continued after him even into Hibernal Avenue. Apparently, the guy wanted to talk alone and ask some questions. Since Acer was reasonably concerned for his own safety, he played hard to get by demanding to be paid for his time. That seemed to be enough to dissuade the guy from pressing on and from there, he was able to go into Hotel Richissime himself and finally rest in the room Ricky had given him. He knew Ricky had a Pokémon that could heal him. There was no way he was going to fight another battle in his current bruised state. And now here he was, back at the underground ring, looking for Ricky. When Acer reached the entrance, the bodyguard there recognized him and then made a call. Moments later, another person ended up leading Acer to his target.

“Ah. There you are. You look like shit.”

Standing outside a door in the hallway was none other than Ricky. The snarky greeting only downplayed his nature. Besides Ricky being taller than himself and more physically imposing, his intimidating glare gave him a magisterial presence. However, Acer didn’t want to respect it and gave an equally flippant response.

“So do you.”

Ricky just laughed at the bold greeting Acer returned to him before reaching and pulling out his handgun. Then he pointed it at the teenager. A more sinister grin crept up his lips as he watched the fear well up in the eyes of Acer. His confidence fell apart just like that. The boy nearly jumped and frantically put his hands up to show surrender.

“W-w-w-wait! That was a joke! Don’t shoot!”

Acer shouted, with clear panic in his voice. Ricky just continued to hold the gun up with a devious expression on his face and slowly stepped towards the teen. This caused Acer to begin stepping backwards before falling over. He winced and closed his eyes, expecting to hear the familiar sound of a gun being fired. Instead, he heard laughter. Except it wasn’t Ricky.

“What a bitch! Cowering in the face of death like a loser.”

Acer opened his eyes to find Jeremy looking down on him. He didn’t know where Jeremy had come from, but wasn’t happy to see him. Even though Ricky wasn’t laughing anymore, Acer knew they were on the same cruel side. Once Ricky put the gun down, Acer got up and glared at Jeremy, wondering why he was there. Prince wasn’t beside him either. Whatever it was, Jeremy’s words made him feel weak. He had just seen people get shot to death after never experiencing something like that before. Yet, Jeremy didn’t seem to be bothered even though he looked barely older than Acer. He just snickered before glancing at Ricky and then walking away. Ricky himself put the gun down and eyed Acer once over before looking at the security guy who brought him here.

“Go take the little motherfucker to get recovered and get his Pokémon. I got shit to do.”

With that, Ricky headed off and the guard began leading Acer somewhere else. After a few minutes, Acer was led into a section where there was an Aromatisse overlooking a few Pokémon in some cages. It was probably the same one that had healed him up. Nearby was a nurse examining a Machop. It was Prince. It seemed to have some bruises on its head and arms. The Pokémon never looked up at him even when the guard called out to the nurse.

“Hey, Jane! The boss wants you to heal this brat. I’m gonna get his Pokémon.”

It didn’t seem like the man wanted Acer to see where Froakie was being kept captive when he left. That just left him in an awkward situation with the nurse and Prince. She petted the Machop on the head and told it to wait while she checked on Acer. When the fresh-faced brunette came up to him, Acer could see her examining him with her brown eyes before she caressed the side of his face with a soft hand.

“It’s always a shame seeing you guys roughed up after a battle. Don’t worry, we’ll make you feel better. Isn’t that right, Darling?”

The woman turned away and looked towards the Aromatisee coming towards him.

“Just sit there and relax.”

Jane told him, getting Acer to sit down. Once he did, the Pokémon began to heal him. Slowly but surely, the painful feeling of his injuries began to fade away. It was a few minutes, but once the healing process was completed, Acer felt as good as new. The abilities of Pokémon still amazed him to this day. To be able to non serious injuries so quickly was insane to Acer. He stood up feeling refreshed and reluctantly thanked the nurse and the Aromatisse for healing him. They were still under Ricky’s payroll.

“No problem. Now what should I do about the little Prince over here?”

sSoul

Previously Swirled
10 Years Ago. June 20th
Celadon City, Kanto Region
Robert Dean, 10 years old

Celadon City was a place many citizens happily called their home. Though not as illustrious as its golden neighbor Saffron, there were plenty of features that the City of Golden Dreams had to boast. The Celadon Department Store and Gym were some of the first things that might come to mind, not to mention the Game Corner or the Celadon Hotel. However, the newest feature that Celadon had to boast was its very own Day Care. Headed by Jackson and Melissa Dean, their Day Care aimed to take advantage of the fact that their competitors were comparatively isolated. The Day Care Man's business had shut down years ago, and the only couple that could raise and breed Pokémon in the region were located on one of the Sevii Islands, making for a great inconvenience for trainers looking for those services. Realizing this, the Dean Couple rented out a building and built a business for themselves. Predictably, they quickly became successful, providing highly desired services in an accessible location for an affordable price. However, out of all of their customers, none of them would go on to be as notable as their own son: Robert.

At present, the boy was out by Route 7 for his daily exercise. His routine was simple: jogging in the western terminus of the Underground Path, 13 sit-ups, 8 push ups, and at 10 minutes of battling wild Pokémon. Recently, his father had gifted him with an egg containing a rare Pokémon as a gift for his birthday as well as a sign of gratitude for help with advertising. Now that the egg had hatched, Robert wasted no time in making sure his Pokémon could fend for himself in a battle. After his Riolu made short work of the opposing Rattata, Robert walked over to the Emanation Pokémon and got on one knee.

"Alright Mith, that's enough for today, let's go home," After Robert laid out the plan, he picked up his Riolu and put him on his shoulder. This got the Fighting Type to smile, evidently enjoying the elevation. The walk home was short, but not entirely uneventful. Unbeknownst to him, someone had noticed he was coming home, and decided to capitalize on that fact.

"Hey Robby!" A similarly aged girl piped up as she ran towards Robert whilst waving. The boy breathlessly sighed at being called 'Robby' but decided to let it rest for the time being.

"Hey Trish, how've you been?" With a weak but genuine smile, the young trainer gave a little wave whilst taking a glance at his Pokémon. Mith gave a suspicious glare towards the girl, unsure about her intentions regarding his trainer or in general. Noticing this, Rob figured that the fighting type was attempting to read her aura, as members of his species were famous for doing. With that in mind, the boy refused to interfere.

"I've been good!" Trish gave a big smile after being asked right before turning her attention to the Pokémon on Robert's shoulder, "Hey, who's this little guy?" In response, the Riolu loosened its glare, sensing her friendliness and lack of malice. Rob smiled at the development before introducing his new companion.

"This is Mith, he's a Riolu," During the introduction, he patted Mith's leg affectionately before continuing his sentence, "I've heard his species is from the Sinnoh region. I think my dad might've gotten his egg from a foreign trainer looking to challenge the Indigo League."

"That's so cool! Can I hold him?" Trish's eyes beamed with excitement, something that didn't go unnoticed by the Riolu. Before Robert could even open his mouth to say sure, the Riolu leapt off his shoulder and walked towards the girl to be picked up. Without missing a beat, she scooped him up and hugged him tightly. The regret was palpable, though there was an underlying satisfaction in granting the girl's desires. After putting him down, she gave one more smile to the both of them before going to her house. Robert smiled as he resumed his walk home, pleased to have met up with Trish.

"Hey kiddo, how'd the exercise go?" As he opened the door, Robert was greeted by the welcoming smile of his father, as well as the warm embrace of his mother. Melissa had to regulate the force of her hug, staying aware of Mith's presence on her son's shoulders.

"It went well, I feel like Mith is really getting comfortable battling," Robert started out with the positives before pondering the issue at hand, "I think that Mith can't do any more growing here though. I mean fighting the same wild Pokémon over and over again can't be very productive."

"Why not go on a journey around the region then?" Jackson posed the suggestion more casually than his wife would've preferred, earning himself a stern glare, "Well, as long as you're mother gives her permission I think it'd be a great opportunity for you and your Riolu" After ending his statement, Robert's father quickly scanned the house for a way to blend into the background, finally settling on cleaning a nearby incubator. Meanwhile, the boy gave a nervous glance at his mother, hoping for her approval yet dreading her rejection.

"Of course you can, sweetie!" Pulling her son in for another hug, she squeezed him without restraint before telling him to pack his things. After returning the hug, Robert went to his room to pack everything he needed for his journey, eagerly waiting for the next chapter of his life.

Last edited:
June 9th, Route 2, Melemele Island, Alola
Jack Moore

It had been a few hours since Jack arrived in Alola. He was sitting in the grass, just next to the closest Pokémon Center. He had his current Pokémon with him: His Gallade, Empoleon, and Umbreon. The four of them were admiring such a beautiful day. Jack had a slight smile as he felt the soft wind on his face. How could he not? He had never been to Alola, and it turns out everything he heard about it wasn't just true, but it exceeded his expectations. And he wasn't even there for long. Maybe Alola could be the start of new beginnings for Jack, and while he'd love to get up and explore, maybe it was okay to enjoy the moment for just a little longer.

Last edited:
June 14th - Send off spring, Sinnoh

Alexander looked at the trainer go before turning back to his pokemon, Kitsune and Inu.

"Well, we might as well go back to Snowpoint City, I have some stuff to think about."

What an understatement, he thought, who was that woman and why did she seem familiar?

"Let's ride." He said as he jumped on his Arcanine.

The gang turned towards the forest and ran.

Joel - Tuesday, June 14 - Johto, Olivine

Joel was sitting on the furthest out point of an Olivine pier, listening to the gentle waves crash into the shoreline. With a fishing pole in his hand, he cast yet another line into the ocean. He was wearing an apt outfit for the seaside, even dropping his usual boots and gloves. His Delcatty was fast asleep, but curled up directly to his right. Joel's Kecleon was looking into the water "Okay, I still don't get what the Fishing Guru meant," he had a slight hint of frustration in his voice, "I hope I didn't come all the way to Johto for nothing!" Sighing, he reeled back in. He got up, putting away all of his fishing gear. "I think the bug catching contest is already closing, but maybe we can go to Cianwood. The Whirl Islands, the Safari... we can fit that in the schedule," he said, waking up his Delcatty. It docilly got up and started following Joel out of the pier. Olivine had a rather festive look to it, with rings of signal flags hanging between tall polls lining the streets bustling with people from all over the world. What a lovely atmosphere! He made his way to the PokéMart to stock up on supplies for his seafaring plans. Meanwhile, his Kecleon had wandered off near the lighthouse, with both Joel and Delcatty being oblivious.

Last edited:

Esther
Friday, June 10 – Gilded Field, Dappled Grove, Galar Region​

Esther collapsed into an exhausted heap; half-moaning, half-groaning she sunk into the plush mattress. And Oh, Ghosty Giratina was it plush! It felt splendiferously luxurious against her back, like the finest down of Altaria. Actually...that sounded nice, really nice...a bed of Altaria down. Was it too frivolous to catch an Altaria just for that?

A blissful breath blew through her lips and Esther allowed her head to lazily loll to the side. The simple gesture was enough for her gaze to pan across the entire room—spartan, cubbyhole that it was (sans the lovely bed). The room was sparsely furnished with the bed, almost the length of the room itself, eating up nearly half of the space; and a single, adjacent nightstand dimly lit by the setting sun.

It wasn’t much, but it was free, but considering her working load... damn it! She should’ve known this job looked too good to be true! Free food, free Lodging, and she was still getting paid? AND they’d accept new trainers that were willing to—quote, un-quote—"work hard”? It should’ve been obvious, this job was blursed! Her bones ached just remembering it all: Wooloo Shearing, Miltank Milking, Gogoat Grazing, Shepherding, and oh, so much more!

The better part of the day had been spent on an introduction to the ranch: the barn, the pens, the grazing meadows, etc. By dinner, Esther was learning about the family and the details of her new job. The Stafford family was of minor nobility, and although Galar had long since stopped giving much weight to peerage titles, the family retained the lands they’d held for decades if not centuries. The current head of the household was ‘officially’ a Baron, and the heir apparent was their eldest daughter, a year younger than Esther, and would be going off on her own journey at the end of summer.

Usually, 3 – 5 extra hands would be recruited for the summer season, but Esther was the first, and at the moment only, worker and so all that work fell into her ‘eager’ hands. On top of the standard farm work, the ranch’s location—situated on the border between Dappled Grove and Rolling Fields—brought its own unique challenges. While the sheer number of pokémon on the ranch was deterrent enough for most pokémon in the wild area, a select few, those known as wanderers, were an exception. Part of Esther’s job, and the reason the ranch hired trainers specifically, was to patrol the ranch and keep wandering pokémon away from the ranch animals.

Manectric made the most frequent incursions since the ranch’s Wooloo made for an easy meal when left unprotected. The Discharge pokémon was known to live and hunt in packs, which posed a slight problem since Esther only had two pokémon on hand and one of them wasn’t even hers. To complicate matters further, even if she wanted to catch more pokémon, she only had one pokéball left.

Sigh, she’d have to take a trip back to Motostoke tomorrow. Whatever, those were problems for future Esther. Work started bright and early, and she’d need to catch some Z’s if she wanted to make a good first impression.

Montagne Khastil - Unranked - June 10th - Lumiose City, Kalos

Though the bathroom mirror's fog wiped away with a single pass from Monty's hand, he couldn't shake the fog of thoughts which had been plaguing him since he woke up. He'd spent his entire shower playing that night's dream back in his mind, wondering what, if anything, he could have done differently.

"I should have been ready," the young man mumbled aloud as he fiddled with his toothbrush. "I should have expected something like that to happen." He studied his face in the mirror as he brushed his teeth, and visions of the red eyes staring back at him danced in the reflection as he visually traced the line of his scar. Even then, three months later, he could feel the slice of steel along his jaw, and Monty cursed himself for letting his guard down.

It was the first time the consequences of his life had really caught up with him, so he reasoned that it was only natural for him not to have expected it. That reasoning still wasn't enough to change the fact that it happened, and it wasn't enough to change the vow he made to ensure it never happened again.

"You've got better shit to worry about," Monty reminded himself as he stepped out of his bathroom into the hallway, shower caddy in hand. Technically it wasn't his bathroom, but it was there for the brothel's...overnight customers. It sat at the end of the bedroom wing, and if it was any earlier in the night Monty would've heard more than he wished to as he walked the long hardwood corridor back to his room.

A door cracked open just as the criminal passed it, and the voices inside reminded him that it was his job to listen even if he didn't like it.

"COCHON! You didn't pay for the night!" The girl's voice was livid, but it wasn't one Monty recognized. He halted his step to listen closer.

"Don't be like that, baby," a man's voice pleaded. "I paid!" Sounds like a Unovan, Monty observed as he took a step closer to the door. His fire began to rise as he listened, having recognized the sound of a tourist who wouldn't take no for an answer and wouldn't pay for a yes.

"You paid for three hours, cochon! FOUR HOURS AGO!" The door swung inwards and the girl stepped out half-dressed, a long t-shirt covering her down to the knees and her brown hair down in a mess of curls. Her green eyes met Monty's, and he had to stop himself from rolling his eyes as she practically jumped at the sight of him. "Wh-who are you?!" She demanded, eyes darting between him and the customer just out of Monty's view.

"The bouncer." The criminal stated matter-of-factly. "Customer trouble?"

Quick footsteps thundered from the room, and Monty dropped his shower caddy as the customer in question shot a hand out to grab the girl's arm. "I paid, bitch!" The man growled, but before his grasp could close on the girl's wrist Monty thrust himself between them and knocked the hand away.

"You're done for the night, pal." Monty stated, but the man dove forward to shove him in the chest. Adrenaline coursed through him as he prepared to counter, the girl shrieked behind Monty, and the criminal barked at her to "GO TO THE MADAME!" as he grabbed the man's arms.

They fell back together as the girl ran down the hall, and on the way down Monty pulled his leg up and planted his foot on the man's chest. When his back hit the floor Monty's leg exploded up, kicking the man off of himself and back into the bedroom.

A faint light trickled in through the window, and Monty could make out that his opponent was a similar height to himself with a skinnier build. He was in nothing but his boxers, which Monty supposed he couldn't knock since he himself had nothing but a quickly-loosening towel around his waist, and as the man picked himself up off the floor he spat, "Mind your business, asshole!"

"Queues like you are my business," Monty retorted as he tightened his towel. A slight smile tugged at the corners of his mouth, and for a moment memories of the dream left Monty's mind. The man raised his fists and charged Monty again, but the criminal kicked his shower caddy into his feet. His opponent tripped over his bar of soap and fell forward, right into a right-handed uppercut with all of Monty's weight behind it.

The man's knees folded, and before he fell all the way back Monty caught his shirt and threw a jab into his face. With a CRUNCH! the man's nose broke, and Monty grabbed his shoulders and threw him forward into the hallway. The man's broken nose sprayed onto the hardwood, but before he could get to his feet Monty stomped him square between the shoulders, pushing him back down and slamming his face into the floor.

The criminal crouched down and grabbed the man's hair, picking his head up so he could properly hear him. "You will grab your shit. You will leave. You will never come back here again. I'll be back in one minute." Monty dropped the man's head and stood up, stalking back toward his room as he heard a mumble of "...bullshit man..." behind him.

Monty's hand still shook from the rush of the fight, and he held his right hand and examined the split knuckles he'd gained from his first fight in a while. He was just like the rest, he thought with satisfaction, Acted tough, wasn't tough.

The criminal reached his room and turned the knob, but when he looked back up the hall the man wasn't on the ground anymore. A flash of white light emanated from the room, and Monty's blood froze as he recognized the sound of a Poke Ball. A small pink and brown Pokemon emerged from the room, followed closely by its master, who pointed at Monty in a frenzy and barked, "KILL HIM! MACH PUNCH!"

Monty's stomach dropped as the Pokemon's fist glowed red, and he'd barely opened the door when it exploded through the air fist first. "ORAC- OOF!"

The attack connected with Monty's right shoulder, and he cracked the plaster as he spun off his feet and hit the wall. With a hand on his shoudler the criminal slid down to the floor in disbelief, but before he could get up he heard another barked command from down the hall. "TACKLE NOW!"

The adrenaline was back, but there was something more behind it as Monty tried to fix his eyes on his tiny attacker. He'd only felt this feeling twice before; fear.

Monty rolled out of the way as the pink-and-brown Pokemon dropped into a wrestler's crouch and sprung forward, missing him by inches as it hit the wall and broke through the drywall, and the criminal practically dove into his doorway as the little devil pulled itself out. "ORACLE!" He cried out, practically panicked, and a pair of red eyes blinked lazily through the darkness in response.

Footsteps thundered down the hall as the pink Pokemon appeared in the doorway, but in a flash of black and white light it and Oracle were back in the hall. The Absol's hair stood on end, it's claws were fully extended, and Monty witnessed for the first time the quenching of his partner's thirst for battle as she slammed her opponent into the opposite wall.

This is it. This is a Pokemon battle now, Monty thought through heaving breaths as he fought his fear. Oracle jumped off her opponent and her paws crackled with the same black light as they had in the warehouse the other night, but as she darted forward her opponent dodged her attack and jumped back towards its trainer.

Monty clambered to his feet and stepped into the hall, facing the rapidly approaching. "Back for more? I charge by the hour, too." Monty asked as the man's face contorted with fury.

"MACH PUNCH!" The trainer screamed, and his Pokemon's fist glowed the same bright red as it dropped into its wrestler's crouch.

"Oracle, go!" Monty commanded, and the Absol's horn glowed a bright pink as she darted forward to meet her opponent. They collided between their trainers, but Oracle's reach advantage meant her opponent went flying as the red energy dispersed from its fist.

The man watched his Pokemon fly across the hall in disbelief, but Monty was on him before he could turn back. The pair fell to the ground, Monty locked his legs on the man's sides, and the man raised his hands to protect his face as Monty began raining punches down on him.

THUMP THUMP

IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!
Red crept its way into Monty's vision as he punched, and with every blow his breathing got heavier and more frantic.

THUMP-THUMP-CRUNCH

The man dropped his hands. Monty kept punching. Beneath him he saw an officer, clad in blue, and he was back in the warehouse on that fateful day four months ago. He wouldn't be caught. He couldn't be caught. He'd win. He had to win.

CRUNCH-SPURT-SPURT

He'd kill him, he wouldn't let him take him away again, he'd-

WHIFF

He missed? No, his punch was stopped.

"MONTAGNE KHASTIL!" A shrill voice cried from just ahead of him. Monty looked up in a haze, and he felt himself being pulled back by strong hands. Madame Brusseau was standing there shaking her head, with the brown-haired girl and Evelynne at her side with horrified expressions. They weren't the only spectators though, as the commotion had drawn attention up and down the hall as girls peeked out to see what was going on.

Monty was pulled to his feet, and he realized the bartender, Jacques, was behind him.

"Jacques...Madame, I-"

"Enough, Montagne," the Madame cut him off sharply. She took a deep breath and rubbed her eyes with one hand, waving the other and saying, "You're the bouncer, not the executioner. I expect you to have better control over yourself. Am I clear?!"

Monty mumbled out a "Yes, Madame," and the old woman turned around and demanded, "WHEN YOU DO YOUR JOB, DO WE ALL GATHER AND WATCH?!" Doors slammed shut at the Madame's chastising, and she turned back to Jacques and said, "Take care of the trash," with a gesture down at the bloodied customer. The bartender nodded affirmatively, and the Madame turned to the brown-haired girl and said, "Find his Poke Ball and click the middle button to return the Tyrouge."

"Tyrouge?" Monty asked as he clutched his right shoulder, eyes fixed on the unconscious creature where it lay a few feet away. The Madame looked at him incredulously and asked if he started training yesterday, and smirked at the wit of her own comment. "Tyrouge, a Fighting-Type Pokemon. You'll be lucky if that shoulder isn't broken."

"Lucky," Monty echoed. Is that what this night was? Lucky?

"Yes, lucky." The Madame re-stated, clearly agitated at having to repeat herself.

"Lucky that towel hasn't fallen off, too." Evelynne chimed in with a grin, her arms crossed as she gestured at Monty's waist. The young man blushed as he clutched at the only piece of fabric between himself and total exposure, and he scowled as he said, "Come on, Oracle."

He stalked back into his room to get dressed, slamming it shut behind him as Evelynne giggled, and Oracle stood at the foot of his bed as he fell into it. Why did he keep punching? The guy was down. His hands were down. He was probably out cold after the first couple hits. So why'd he keep going? Why'd he lose control?

Monty took a deep breath to calm himself, and his eyes rested on Oracle as he replayed the beating. I lost control the second he brought out his Pokemon, he thought. I can't let it happen again.

Last edited:
Trainer Firey Argentston, Rank 20, Den D, Galar.

Lara Brook - June 9th - Den D, Galar

Lara scribbled down that Fiery was essentially planning on relocating the Hydreigon in his facility all the way in Hoenn.

"Mr. Argetson. Why bring the Hydreigon all the way to Hoenn and why not collaborate with a Galarian relocation center or with the local rangers here?" the red haired reporter then asked. Hoenn was quite far away from Galar and if the dragon-type pokemon was going to be relocated then in which region?

Letting the frontier brain answer her question, Lara followed up with another, "So, uh- you mentioned that the Hydreigon was a mother as well? Do you also have her children and are you planning on putting them through the same relocation process?"

Kaden Miller - June 14th - Send off spring, Sinnoh
Things were not going exactly well. Another, Galactic member had joined the conflict, "I'll keep these two busy. You focus on those other two for now," Kaden said to Ron before turning his attention back onto his battle. All he really could promise as of now what that. Etna managed to bite down on the moth Pokemon, scorching it's wings and damaging the bug type greatly.

"Dustox! Use Moonlight!" and just as commanded the poison type began glowing and the scorched wing healed itself.

"Alright Sandslash! Rapid spin!" The other grunt exclaimed. His mouse pokemon rolled itself into a ball and quickly began rolling towards Kaden's Starmie

"Astraea, counter the Sandslash with your own Rapid Spin!" The coordinator said. The Starmie began to rotate it's body and threw itself onto the incoming mouse pokemon. Of course the moves didn't cancel themselves out and both pokemon damaged the other.

"Etna. Prepare another Fire fang!" Kaden instructed his partner-pokemon. Of course he had also other moves at his disposal, but didn't want to risk hitting the other trainers' pokemon that weren't on the galactic side of this battle.

Firey looked at Lara, his interviewer, and had his answer ready.

"Two reasons, one is I see potential in her, and the second, there is a place on my Preserve, on my facility, where almost no one would bother her," Firey responded to Lara, "I'm hoping her and her child, there was one child left from all those trainers too eager to catch a Deino, would not be bothered except by me or maybe my family, but they wouldn't bother her or her child, I would be worried she would be found again if she still was here in Galar, and to prevent Leon or some other high ranking trainer from this area from having to Deal with her rampage if her only remaining child were to be taken."

Firey held Hydreigon's pokeball, as Luxray got up and Approached.

---------

Route 6, Galar, Ariana Montgomery

Ariana had returned her Houndoom as she saw the ladder, and started climbing when she got over there. As she climbed up, Terry had followed, who was making sure she didn't fall or worse, anger a flying type. When she got to the top, she was met with another trainer.

"What makes you in a hurry?" The trainer asked.

"I have an Injured pokemon along with my Two who fought a Haxorus," Ariana responded.

"Marcus, don't bother the lady, she's obviously married." Terry responded, noting a ring on her left ring finger.

"He is the most wonderful person I have ever met." Ariana responded.

As Ariana got off the Ladder and headed towards town, Terry and Marcus followed suit, since they were headed there. When they got in town, Ariana got into the Pokémon Center and immediately walked up to Nurse Joy, who had an Exploud.

"Hello, I'm not from around here, I have three Pokémon that need checked out."

Ariana handed over a Pokeball, a Beast Ball, and a Love Ball.

"A Hydreigon, a Dragapult, and a Sandaconda." Nurse Joy responded, "How did you get Dragapult and Sandaconda?"

"The one in the love Ball was injured, and caught Dragapult as a Drakloak in my house, in Hoenn."

"Hm..." Joel browsed the PokeMart's TM/HM offerings, which were in a see-through display at the front desk. "Ah, here it is..." he said, pointing to the HM for Surf, "I'd like that one, please." The clerk grabbed a disc from a shelf behind her, and put it down on the desk. "That will be ₽30,000," she said, tabulating the numbers in. Joel payed for the disk and exited the Mart. "See that, Delcatty, Kecleon?" he turned to his Pokemon, "it will allow us to... traverse... the water. Say Delcatty, where is Kecleon?" The cat Pokemon's face read 'well, don't ask me!'. Joel looked around the city, which was crowded with people. Then, he looked up and over at the lighthouse near the seaside. "I think I know the first place to look," he remarked, running past the crowd with Delcatty close behind.

Lara Brook - June 9th - Den D, Galar

Lara listened to the frontier brain again. Personally she didn't think that moving a hydreigon such a long distance would be worth the pro's that Fiery had given the reporter. Being moved such a distance and to a completely new territory would surely cause stress to the Hydreigon, but she had to keep her own opinions to herself. She was working right now. She had to try and keep things objective. One thing didn't really sit well with her. What did he mean by 'potential'? Wasn't he just going to be relocating the dragon?

"Um- Could you please elaborate.. What do you mean by potential?" Lara asked but didn't look at Mr. Argentston. She felt more nervous after asking, like she had something stuck in her throat. Instead she let her gaze wander over to his Luxray briefly before it returned to her notebook in preparation to write things down again.

10 Years Ago. June 21st, Cinnabar Island. Acacia Song, 10 years old.

It would be wrong to say that four in the morning was the time Acacia woke up. After stopping in with Nurse Joy to resolve the issue of his injured nose, the boy had hardly slept a wink as he jittered with impatient excitement for tomorrow. June 21st, was not only the summer solstice but also Acacia’s tenth birthday and he didn’t plan on missing a second of the longest day of the year. Before the sun had a chance to rise, the eager boy raced out to the island’s coast to catch a glimpse of the beauty his celestial adversary had to offer. ‘It all starts now’ was the thought that echoed in his mind as he stroked his hand through the soft tufts of fur that adorned Windie’s head.

The rhythm and sparkle of the orange tinted waves reminded the boy of his home town, Hoenn’s Slateport City. Two years ago after dropping out of trainer school, Blaine, an old family friend, rescued Acacia from the monotony of everyday life in the seaside town and together they sailed into the sunset for new beginnings. During his tenure under the professor and gym leader, Acacia had gained knowledge in both the scientific and practical applications of Pokémon, growing and learning than he ever could have ever dared to dream. Now, the dawn had come. His years of preparation were complete and now he would embark once more, this time alongside his trusted partner pokemon, and would begin his journey that would last a lifetime.

He sat on the beach until the vibrate hues of sunrise began to fade, his mind flooding with thoughts both old and new as he reminisced over memories thus far and fantasized of the many more to come. When his mind had reached some balance, he headed back to Blaine’s home where a celebratory birthday breakfast was already prepared for him.

Blaine was many things, a brilliant scientist and adept gym leader, but a chef was not one of them. Knowing Acacia had a bit of a sweet tooth, he had attempted to prepare the boy a stack of waffles covered in berries, chocolate syrup, and powdered sugar; though the end result looked more like something a slurpluff might vomit rather than any semblance of food. Regardless, what the meal lacked in appearance it made up for with sweetness and heart and the boy gratefully scarfed down the abomination.

“Mmm thanks gramps!” He exhaled with satisfaction through a mouth that had probably just gained a few cavities. “That was the perfect present for sending me off.”

“You think that was your present?” The elder recoiled, almost offended that his pupil thought the best he had to offer was a mess of a meal. “I got a bit more for you.”

He pulled out a small box wrapped with red paper and an orange bow. “This is your real present.”

“Yay thanks!” Always eager at the prospect of more gifts, the child didn’t waste a second tearing it open. The insides revealed a thin metallic slab, black on one side and painted a deep red on the other. Acacia investigated it a bit, but there didn’t seem to be any buttons or any practical use for it. “Thanks again, but… umm… what is it?”

“Oh, right!” Blaine chuckled, “I almost forgot the most important part!” He reached into his lab coat and pulled out a pokeball, taping it once a Rotom popped out and the electrical spirit dove straight into the device in Acacia’s hand. The screen flickered to life and on the back, a pair of blue eyes sprouted as a symbol of the ghost type possessing the object. “That’s a Rotom phone, they’re growing quite popular in Galar but recently they’ve been making their way to other regions. You got pretty lucky, they were out of stock in the base model so I had to splurge for the special paint edition. It still functions the same as the normal ones, and I got it loaded with a Pokédex and extra storage since I know how you like to study and take your own notes. There’s also a map feature and on for making calls, so you don’t have any excuses for getting lost or not calling.”

“Haha, sounds like a deal!”

From there, the next few hours were filled with light packing and some reminiscing chitchat. It didn’t take long, in the days leading up to his departure Acacia had already been sorting out the necessities for his adventure. The final package was stuffed into a black canvas backpack and comprised of a few outfits for different weather conditions, a hammock, a few potions and pokeballs, a single revive in case of emergencies, and most importantly, a boat ticket set for Pallet Town. He donned a pair of black shorts and a cream colored crew neck that was decorated with an orange silhouette of a sailboat. He looked himself over in the mirror, pulled his sleeves up to his elbows, ran his hands through his messy chocolate hair, and decided he was content to depart with this look.

As Acacia descended the staircase from his bedroom for the last time, the light rumble of snoring caused him to giggle. Stretched out on the black leather couch, it seemed Blaine had fallen into a slumber- one of his naps that were becoming more frequent with each passing year. The boy opted not to wake the old man, after all, in a goodbye between two men of science there was no need for tears and sentimentalities.

“Thanks old man… for everything.” Hardly audible over the gentle creaking of the front door, the words escaped Acacia’s lips like a breath as he took one last moment to appreciate every lecture, every scolding, every shitty meal, and every late night at the lab after which they would admire the stars on the walk back home. Every good thing Acacia had he owed to the scientist, and now it was his chance to make something of his own. With a deep breath and a slight hint of fear amongst the excitement, he took his first step into the open world no longer as an apprentice but an individual.

Pallet Town
The sun was just beginning to reach its evening hours as the new trainer stepped onto the spongy grass of Pallet’s coast. He perhaps would have been a bit more anxious of his new beginnings if it wasn’t for the familiar scent of the sea breeze that had provided a feeling of comfort and home ever since birth.

“The first gym is in the next town over, so we might as well check out Oak’s lab while we’re here. Windie, can you try to lead us to a place that smells kinda like the lab at home?” Acacia asked his puppy, already forgetting that he had a map feature on his phone. Though thankfully the Growlithe had become quite adept at making up for his trainer’s awful since of direction. Windie lifted his nose to the air and sniffed, filtering out the variety of new scents until he caught a whiff of something vaguely familiar.

His tail wagged with excitement and the puppy broke off running as it traced the smell, leaving Acacia chasing from behind. “Hey! Wait up! What’s the rush!?”

After finally reaching the lighthouse, tucked away at the very-east of the city's shoreline, Joel looked around wearily. "Kecleon!" he called. Glancing at the setting sun, he pressed on. Delcatty also called out for Kecleon, and the duo slowly marched to the lighthouse's entrance, which was sitting atop a hill. Suddenly, they heard the shrill cry of Kecleon, and the lighthouse door opened to reveal someone kicking it out. Joel ran up to it, inspecting the damage that was done. Luckily it was very little. "And who do you think you are!?" his voiced boomed at the perpetrator. It was a lighthouse worker, who's facial expression alone revealed him to be a very loud and angry person. "That little lizard freak was trying to interfere with our Ampharos' light! If it went out, ships would crash into the rocky shore without noticing! You need to take better care of your Pokémon!" the man retaliated with a flurry of accusations and statements that left Joel's face blank. "I..." he began, holding back a much snarkier response, "I'm very sorry sir. I'll keep a better eye on my Pokémon in the future." Kecleon camouflaged itself into Joel's arms as he carried it away. "Luckily, the HM for Surf wasn't the only thing I got," he said spraying Kecleon with a potion. "They must've really roughed you up, huh?" The now visible Kecleon nodded its head. Joel knew it wasn't just to do that, but he hadn't the time for any vengeance. Their schedule was packed enough as it was! He sauntered back with his Pokémon to their inn.

"Tomorrow will be the day when we finally conquer the sea!" he was at the inn's pool, with all of his Pokémon out, including Seadra. He thought it strange that such an establishment would need a pool, considering the beachfront wasn't that far away. All of his Pokémon cheered at his exclamation, and Joel decided to spend the evening relaxing after his fishing and later Kecleon-finding exploits. His not-so water-resistant Delcatty sat next to his swimming pool deck chair. Other people's Pokémon were also in the pool, and they began to mingle with each other. Loudred seemed to be rather quiet and friendly today, whereas poor Dodrio was caught in the midst of some sort of splashing battle between the other Pokémon. Seadra seemed to be having the spotlight in all of their games, as it could finally get a chance to stretch its flippers before its long day of being a Poké-ferry. As the sun officially set, Joel called all of the Pokémon back and went to his room to slowly doze off to sleep. Wow, who knew Johto could be so action-packed? And they've barely scratched the surface!

Ezio Farello, June 14th, Sinnoh, Hotel Grand Lake

Sipping a cup of hot cocoa, Ezio looked out of the window. Looks like the weather wasn't going to be clearing up anytime soon, and whilst he didn't quite mind the rain, his Pokémon sure did and he was not going to go up to Snowpoint City when soaked. That was just asking for hypothermia. Besides, he was in no rush. There was no harm in relaxing and taking it easy every now and then. Erebus seemed to agree, as she was laying down besides her trainer, fast asleep on her back and making kicking motions with her hind legs.

Chuckling at the display of his first ever Pokémon, the man scratched Erebus' belly before opening his notebook. Perhaps he should rent a room if the weather stayed like this, but it gave him some time to write about the experiences in Oblivia. That armor really was something that had no equal, but did it really live up to the Poké Balls of today? What about the stylers that Pokémon Rangers used? Were they inspired by the armor? Was it a scientific version of convergent evolution? Was there possibly another artifact hidden in the world that could control Pokémon? And how strong could it possibly be? So many questions, and he hoped to find out in a safe fashion.

----------------

Nicole Newman, June 14th, Galar, Motostoke

Nicole wandered the streets of Motostoke, not really enjoying the busy and noisy city of Motostoke. It was too loud and with the stress of her job interview still in her veins, she needed a place to calm down. Leaving Motostoke behind her, the woman entered the wild area and climbed up a tree to sit among the branches. Here, she could organize her thoughts and have some personal time. Letting out a sigh, she leaned back against the trunk as she plucked a twig off a branch and rolled it between her fingers. She just needed some time for herself, but she had no clue how long she actually would need as her leg dangled off the branch.

Esther
Saturday, June 11 – Gilded Field, Dappled Grove, Galar Region​

After a restful night, Esther awoke ready for work. The Oblivian didn’t usually work on Saturdays, but today’s task could hardly be considered work. Today would be dedicated to familiarizing familiarize herself with the ranch’s pokémon and vice-versa. It might seem frivolous and a waste of time, but it was imperative that the ranch’s many pokémon were intimately familiar and comfortable with the ranch workers before they started working.

While Esther had every confidence the ranch pokémon would take to her quickly, her brow was nevertheless creased with worries. It went without saying that she wasn’t the only one who’d need to get along with the rank pokémon; her pokémon on hand, Pyrrha and Houndour would also need to earn the ranch pokémon’s approval.

The problem was evident. Yesterday’s wounds still itched beneath their bandages; it was no small coincidence that Esther hadn’t called out her pokémon since the last incident and they as well embraced their isolation. Things couldn’t continue like this...she wouldn’t allow it.

“Come out...let’s talk.”

The wind whistled; it was a lonely note. The meadows fell silent.

Esther sat down and hugged her knees to her chest. She had expected as much and had come prepared. She reached for a small pouch of Oran berries at her side, remnants of last night’s dinner which neither of her pokémon had attended. They hadn’t eaten since at least yesterday morning and were surely hungry. She loosened the pouch and emptied four Oran berries into her palm. At $50 a pop, they were ludicrously expensive, but considering their high nutritional and medicinal value, it wasn’t an unreasonable cost.

In short order, she organized two pairs of berries; then, for good measure bumped each pair to a trio. Although she could’ve leveraged the food to get a chance to speak with her pokémon, something about withholding essential needs to get her way didn’t sit right with Esther.

“Sincerity...”

Esther removed the pokéballs from her belt and set them in front of the berry piles. Once that was done, she stood up and brushed off her dress.

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to...I won’t force you.”

With those words she stepped away, putting several feet between herself and the pokémon. Surely enough, the draw of food and the promise of space coaxed them right out of their pokéballs. A pair of glances were thrown her way, one furtive and the other cagey. She gave them a winning smile.

Once they’d redirected their attention to the pile of Oran berries, Esther started on her own light meal of a banana, a granola bar and water. She caught a few more fleeting glances from the pokémon, but they grew less frequent as they chowed down.

The meals were gone in short order but Esther, knowing better than to ruin things by rushing, remained patient. The two pokémon returned to their pokéballs and left Esther with a wry smile.

Pyrrha was young, less than six months old, according to the shelter’s records. Though she was very capable for her age, as pokémon tended to be, she was very much still a babe and Esther was keenly aware of that fact. Tantrums were to be expected of a child, and considering the drake did truly look remorseful, Esther was hardly going to hold a few scratches against her. The Oblivian suspected Pyrrha’s previous owners had not been quite as...ah, patient with her.

Houndour was another, slightly more complex equation. Despite the encounter with the ranger, her distrust of humans was extant, though ameliorated. And although Esther had decided to return Houndour to her home, those intentions had yet to be communicated to the pokémon in question. It was hard to communicate to a creature that refused to talk to you, after all. Likewise, Houndour would also require a fair share of patience.

They would come around eventually...soon...she hoped. Since she needed to catch new pokémon today, she needed them sooner rather than later. But for now, she could delay there was still lunch and then dinner before she headed out tonight. Once she caught her new pokémon she could introduce all her pokémon to the ranch tomorrow.

For now, she had some grass to roll in.

Kaden Miller - June 14th - Hotel Grand Lake, Sinnoh

Of course it had to start raining while Kaden was making his way back to the hotel. Fortunately it only started when Kaden had already found his way back to the path leading to the Grand Lake hotel. Knowing of Etna's discomfort with water, he returned her and traversed the rest of the way on foot.

Opening the door to the lobby, Kaden let out a sigh. Finally, he was back after the insanity of whatever happened in that cave.. Taking off his rain jacket, the coordinator was ready to head back into his room, but then spotted a typhlosion and presumably its trainer. Contemplating for a moment on if he should ask the man what he knew of the fire-type species. Especially if they have any variant species with wispy, purple flames instead of the normal ones.

"Excuse me Mr, but could I bother you for a moment? I just have some questions regarding your typhlosion there," Kaden said and approached the trainer and his sleeping volcano pokemon.

Colored
National Park, June 14th

“Well, I guess it was nice to briefly get to know you! I should go and turn this little guy in, see if it gets me anything. I mean, I’m keeping him or her around anyways so that’s already nice enough. Hope to see you around!”

She had happily walked off while Puffy had hidden herself in her bag, allowing Colored and the caught Venonat to go and turn themselves in for the contest. And Colored being Colored, she could already sense great potential in the little bug anyway.

That, and Venomoth seemed cool according to from one student back at home. Sure, they only had a plushie of one, but Colored didn’t mind and hoped the two of them could forge a neat bond in future.

Her and the… the Venonat. Sorry, Colored doesn’t do romance.

Desmond had still been trying to process this sudden capture when a familiar voice spoke up as he and Politoed turned to Emma, as it seemed she had captured a Weedle of all things in a unique situation of her own. Course that creature's name caused a shiver but if he had gotten used to a Volcarona overhead he'd least be able to answer her question.

"Uh y-yeah. Ended up catching a Kricketot. With Politoed dance moves, of all things..." Desmond mused, moving closer to Emma as Politoed waved happily her way and Desmond had his ear out hearing other nearby noises in this section.

"I feel we, may be close to other bug catchers." Desmond guessed, though he had no way to confirm it. "So do we keep going or head back with our current catches?" Desmond asked Emma.
"We should head back, Volcarona would scare any other potential encounters around here." Emma responded.

She looked to her Pokémon, and noted that he gave an odd look, but she knew it was true, Volcarona was one of the naturally strongest Bug types known. Not much in the way of Bug Types, except maybe a Crustle, want to come across one. She naturally held her Weedle's pokeball, ready to return, as her cloak flew in the wind. She then looked at Desmond, leading the way.

"You might want to hurry, don't know when the contest ends."

Jack Moore

It had been a few hours since Jack arrived in Alola. He was sitting in the grass, just next to the closest Pokémon Center. He had his current Pokémon with him: His Gallade, Empoleon, and Umbreon. The four of them were admiring such a beautiful day. Jack had a slight smile as he felt the soft wind on his face. How could he not? He had never been to Alola, and it turns out everything he heard about it wasn't just true, but it exceeded his expectations. And he wasn't even there for long. Maybe Alola could be the start of new beginnings for Jack, and while he'd love to get up and explore, maybe it was okay to enjoy the moment for just a little longer.

Billy left the Pokémon Center in town after his Pokémon were healed, heading to find the Kahuna, he went through town with Clisgeadh hanging out on his head as he held Kusunoki's Pokeball. He figured that when he got on the route, he'd let Kusunoki out. When he arrived on to the route, he looked around seeing a young man, an Umbreon, a Gallade, and an Empoleon. He remembered his cousin had an Empoleon.

"Hello, I noticed your Empoleon, my cousin has one as well." Billy took notice of the Pokémon, "I'm Billy Carmichael, and this is Clisgeadh."

The Pikachu waved as Billy held a Pokéball.

Jack Moore

Jack turned his head to look at the voice that caught his attention. "Ah, hello!" He stood up. "Yes, this is Empoleon. It's nice to meet you, Billy. My name is Jack. I was just admiring the Alolan sky," He looked up at the said Alolan sky. "There's really nothing else like it. It's a shame I'm only staying here for a few days, I believe I've already taken a liking to this place." As he said this, Jack's Pokémon stood up and returned to his side.

"Anyway," Jack looked back at Billy, "What brings you here?"

Last edited:
"We should head back, Volcarona would scare any other potential encounters around here." Emma responded.

She looked to her Pokémon, and noted that he gave an odd look, but she knew it was true, Volcarona was one of the naturally strongest Bug types known. Not much in the way of Bug Types, except maybe a Crustle, want to come across one. She naturally held her Weedle's pokeball, ready to return, as her cloak flew in the wind. She then looked at Desmond, leading the way.

"You might want to hurry, don't know when the contest ends."

National Park, Johto (June 14th)
Desmon nodded a bit, in truth it was not merely other Pokemon the Volcarona had spooked but he had worked not to mention that as he put his capture on his belt and began to follow Emma back to where the trainers who made their captures had been gathering. Politoed had hopped along behind the camera man as Desmond seemed content with the pics he had made of the various Pokemon in this area.

"Yeah let's get going." Desmond said in agreement ae he saw ahead a couple other trainers who seemed finished with their bug hunts.

Saturday, June 11
Entering Atmosphere in 5 minutes...
Waking up pilot...

James opened his eyes while the hatch to the pod he had been in cryohibernation from for the last while in.

"Z, Report."

A robotic voice filled the ship.

"Welcome back to the land of the living, James, you've been asleep for 112 years during which the ship flew towards the coordinates your parents programmed."

James sat on the navigator's chair as they entered the exosphere.

"Z, any info on this planet."

"This planet isn't on any of the alliance logs but it looks like this isn't yet a type 1 civilisation..."

As they were talking, the ship hit the innermost layer of the atmosphere and started to speed up.

"Porygon, activate protocol: Trick Room."

The spacecraft slowed down dramatically as a purplish field appeared around it. Just before they hit the ground, James activated another command.

"Porygon, activate protocol: Protect."

A blue forcefield of energy appeared the escape pod just as it hit the trees.

"Welcome to the Dappled Grove of Galar, James"

Jack Moore

Jack turned his head to look at the voice that caught his attention. "Ah, hello!" He stood up. "Yes, this is Empoleon. It's nice to meet you, Billy. I was just admiring the Alolan sky," He looked up at the said Alolan sky. "There's really nothing else like it. It's a shame I'm only staying here for a few days, I believe I've already taken a liking to this place." As he said this, Jack's Pokémon stood up and returned to his side.

"Anyway," Jack looked back at Billy, "What brings you here?"
"I just got out of training for three years, and come to find out that my uncle got in a fight with Hunter J, and dealt with a Problem Hydreigon in Galar, my Dad got home, my Cousins are on their Journeys, and apparently a Vigilante by the title of The Masked Skull has appeared in Galar, and apparently now Johto."

Billy recalled events as they happened, "It is a really nice place, the Exeggutor here are massive, just fought one earlier."
National Park, Johto (June 14th)
Desmon nodded a bit, in truth it was not merely other Pokemon the Volcarona had spooked but he had worked not to mention that as he put his capture on his belt and began to follow Emma back to where the trainers who made their captures had been gathering. Politoed had hopped along behind the camera man as Desmond seemed content with the pics he had made of the various Pokemon in this area.

"Yeah let's get going." Desmond said in agreement ae he saw ahead a couple other trainers who seemed finished with their bug hunts.

Emma looked over to Desmond and Politoed, the Politoed seemed to be the happiest Pokémon she had ever seen. Volcarona was not the most amusing Pokémon, but was liking the view of the place. Emma figured the bugs, but with Volcarona, she did not seem to see any rarer ones. She then saw a couple of trainers. She wondered if they would announce the last names of competitors, which would mean a secret might get out. Her secrets are something that shouldn't get, at least the one, which could put those close to her in danger, the other is something she likes to keep secret, due to her father's newfound fame due to his rank. She just hoped that her dangerous secret doesn't get out.

"We're getting closer."

Jack Moore

"Well, that's certainly quite an eventful life you lead, haha!" Jack chuckled. "Yes, this region is one of the few to have Pokémon that are able to adapt to their environment. It's a fascinating idea. I have yet to find an Exeggutor myself, though." Then he put his hand to his chin. "And that vigilante sounds strange...I've read about vigilantes in stories before, but I never imagined one in real life. Do you know anything else about them?" Jack asked.

Jack Moore

"Well, that's certainly quite an eventful life you lead, haha!" Jack chuckled. "Yes, this region is one of the few to have Pokémon that are able to adapt to their environment. It's a fascinating idea. I have yet to find an Exeggutor myself, though." Then he put his hand to his chin. "And that vigilante sounds strange...I've read about vigilantes in stories before, but I never imagined one in real life. Do you know anything else about them?" Jack asked.

"Not much, about the Masked Skull, but their work was mainly against poachers in Galar." Billly looked at a photo of him and his family, the cousins he hadn't seen in about three years, or longer, he bumped into Jason in Kalos, at least they send updated photos from time to time, but this photo was taken right before his cousin left for Johto, "My biggest Rival, Maximus had came through Earlier, so it's been an interesting day so far, he travels with my Cousin Jason, if Maximus is here, I may run into him. However, how are you, and your Pokémon."

Billy had a pokeball in his hand, containing Kusunoki, his Aggron, and he didn't want to bring him out just yet. Clisgeadh hopped off Billy's head and looked at the Umbreon, Gallade, and Empoleon.

"Pika!"

June 14, National Park Johto

The whir of drone flight descended upon the national park, as a series of Rotom Drones presented themselves before the participants of the bug-catching contest, one Rotom drone for every participant. It was evident by the cameras and display screens attached to these drones that they had been used to survey the bug-catchers and record their captures.

Simultaneously, all the drone screens changed, and shortly afterward a list of contestants and their ranking was displayed.

Bug-Catching Contest Final Ranking!

1. Aldon
2. Shanya
3. Reina
4. Desmond
5. Emmaline
6. Thomas
7. ...

。✧・゚・゜. 。・゚゚。✧・゚・゜. 。・゚゚。✧・゚・゜. 。・゚゚。✧・゚・゜. 。・゚゚
Congratulations to all Contestants, and a special congratulations to the winner, Aldon!

Your reward, a pick of an evolutionary stone awaits you at the National Park’s Front Office. Please collect it within 24 hours!

@Godjacob @Alternate_Mystery @Hecotoro @ThAtGuY101 @Cmeriwether

Last edited:
Joel - Wednesday, June 15 - Johto, Olivine

Joel walked out onto the docks of Olivine yet again. The early morning dew was slowly evaporating and the air had a fresh, cold feeling. None of his Pokémon were following him, oddly enough. After waiting a few minutes to breathe in the salty oceanside air, e threw the Pokéball out into the water. It returned into his hand as a cloud of blue energy revealed his Seadra, who was now floating in the water. It looked at him with confused eyes, as it was a rare occurrence for it to ever be outside of its Pokéball. "Well Seadra, I've brought you out to teach you a new move!" Joel said, of course trying to sugarcoat things. "It's called Surf," he grabbed the HM from his pocket. Seadra looked happier than ever. It hadn't gotten that chance to learn a move artificially before. Joel opened up the case, revealing a blue disc. He used it on Seadra, who looked over the moon. "Now, the only problem is..." Seadra stopped celebrating to look at him. "I'll have to navigate the waters on your back to reach it to the Whirl Islands."

Jack Moore

"My Pokémon? Oh, they're great. Just not super talkative." As Jack said that, all three of his Pokémon simply blinked at Clisgeadh. "I think they just like battling more than socializing. Maybe that's a fault on my part..." Jack scratched his head. "But I go everywhere with them. I believe it's better than keeping them cooped up in Poké Balls all day."

"Really? Third place?" Reina said out loud as she looked at the list on the Rotom-Drone. "I almost lost my life catching this Scyther..." She looked at the green Park Ball in her hand. "Which reminds me! Girls, meet my new teammate!"

She tossed the Pokeball into the air and the green bug Pokemon emerged with a shake of her head and a look around. She looked confident until she realized there were strangers around her. With a soft cry, she held up her scythes, using them to hide her face and cower to the ground.

"Oh hey it's okay, we're all friends here." Reina crouched down to try and look at the Scyther's face, but the bug Pokemon kept shying away. "Okay maybe we need to try again in a more private area." She held out the Parkball and returned the Pokemon back into it. "That's odd, she was trying to cut my head off not too long ago." Reina looked a bit confused as the Parkball teleported away to the pc system. "Okay, let's go to Goldenrod!"

@Alternate_Mystery @GQuasch