• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Route 35, Johto (June 8th)
"Understood."

Desmond of course seemed relieved that the Sliggo as he figured with time he'd get better use to not letting that side of him show to Pokemon he had been familiar with. Course the various wild mon such as the Vulpix, Growlithe, Pidgey, and Pidgeot had not comforted him but that Drampa seemed to play the role of "security" and his Politoed had remained out for much the same reason.

Either way, they moved to Route 35 and headed along their path to this bug catching contest.

-----
Bug Catching Contest, Johto (June 14th)
The day had finally come, it had not taken as long as Desmond had suspected to arrive, so he had some time to get acclimated to things as he approached the gate where the contest was being held. His camera of course had been around his neck and at the ready as much as he was a bit...sheepish, about the idea of encountering who knows how many bugs, the possibilities for his catalog had been enough for him to push through to participate.

Course the idea that he'd have to try to capture at least one of them had been enough to make him shiver, but he tried to not let it show.

"Just gotta focus and push through this, be over before you know it..." Desmond mused to himself, and as if on cue his Pokeball seemed to release a light as Politoed decided to come out and bounced happily. By contrast, the Water-type seemed excited for this little contest.
Emma had been preparing for the contest, making sure her Pokémon were sorted out, if she were to be attacked by any bugs, Volcarona would be the one dealing with them. Most bug types do not want to see a fire Type, except maybe Surskit and Masquerain. She had her pokeballs on her belt, as she prepared for the event. She then had caught up to Desmond, and looked over to see Politoed bouncing happily.

"You ready Desmond, I hope I find a Pokémon."

Emma was nervous, this was not something she'd usually end up doing, but it was a good idea to add a second bug or a part poison type for Axew and Sliggoo. She was as ready as she could be.

------

Trainer Ariana Montgomery, Rank 20,046, June 10th, Route 6, Galar

Ariana had been looking over and cleaning out the wound on this snake like Pokémon, when the Haxorus from before attacked Drakloak. Seems like Haxorus were territorial. It was using Night Slash, and Dedenne tried to stop the first one, but no luck. A pokeball opened on Ariana's belt, revealing a Hydreigon, who had blocked the second incoming Night Slash, with Dual Wingbeat. Dedenne crawled up to Ariana's shoulder, knowing this was a Pokémon he'd not be able to take. Hydreigon roared with all three of his heads, glaring at the Haxorus. Drakloak had flew over to the Snake Pokémon, attempting to guard it as a final line of defense. The Drakloak suddenly disappeared, As Haxorus went for the Guillotine against Hydreigon, Drakloak Reappeared, slammed the Haxorus from the side.

The Haxorus turned around, but Drakloak was gone. The Ghost and Dragon type had reappeared back in front of the snake like Pokémon, as Hydreigon prepared to keep this Pokemon held back with Dragon Pulse.

Trainer Firey Argentston, Rank 20, Den D, Wild Area, Galar

Firey Argentston had been looking at the destroyed den with Luxray when a red haired girl approached him and his Luxray.

"Hello, I am The Maze Guardian, Frontier Brain of the Battle Maze in Hoenn, I am in Galar for battle strategies, and to help variate my team, Hydreigon is caught, and I'm looking to hopefully find the trainer that had found her kid, apparently from what I've heard, left the region, I will need to get a hold of him to relocate Deino to The Preserve on my facility." Firey explained, then turned his focus to the reporter, "Do you have any questions for me?"

Luxray sat attentively as Sharp popped out of her pokeball, sitting similar to Luxray. He then grabbed a Luxury Ball, but did not open it, due to what it contained.

Trainer Billy Carmichael, Rank 21,480, Hau'oli City, Alola, June 9th.

Billy had been walking around for the last two hours, seeing sights as he looked for the kahuna. He then saw a sign pointing towards those looking for the trials, he looked around and headed down the route, he looked around the city as he did so, his Pokémon had been called out, particularly Clisgeadh, who had taken a spot on his head as Kusunoki walked around with him.

Hau'oli Outskirts

Billy had walked around the outskirts looking around for a possible catch, when he and his Aggron were stopped by a young man, with tied back green hair, and purple eyes, and a massive treelike Pokémon, and a Tall mostly purple, shark like Pokémon.

"I challenge you to a battle, Billy Carmichael."

"Maximus." Billy knew this guy too well, "What brings you to Alola?"

Maximus was the one that made Billy go on the search for His Keystone and Aggronite. He knew that Garchomp was not one to take lightly, even with Seashell on his side, Maximus four on one him, Knight, Kouneli and Skipper. He had to be careful, and not overthink or take lightly.

"Jason is currently in Sinnoh, heading to find some rumors, as for myself, I'm here to train a Pokémon that was released in Sinnoh, and should not have been left there, two on two for the terms."

A Rotom phone flew in and put the Rankings, Billy at 21,480, and Maximus at 20,000.

"Exeggutor, let's show your potential."

"Knight, let's Go!"

The Escavalier appeared out of its Pokéball as the ball was thrown in the air.

"Battle begin!" The Rotom buzzed.

"Dragon Hammer!"

"Knight, Swords Dance!"

The Alolan Exeggutor swung around its neck, which had the multicolored dragon glow, to whack the Escavalier, which would have been a Critical hit, but Knight was immune to Critical hits. Knight just raised his lances and red sparkles appeared, signifying that his physical attack was ready to go.

"Nice Critical Hit, Exeggutor?" Maximus was quite surprised.

The Exeggutor was standing just as shocked as his trainer.

"Knight has Shell Armor for an ability, which prevents Critical hits." Billy responded, "Megahorn!"

Escavalier's Lance glowed with the pale green seen in the bug type, and went straight for the Exeggutor.

"Wood Hammer to counter!"

Grass formed around Exeggutor as it slammed head on to attempt to prevent Megahorn from landing, which was responded with Billy's next plan.

"Raise them up!"

Knight raised his lances as he met Wood Hammer with Megahorn, with Megahorn overpowering Wood Hammer. The Exeggutor stumbled back several feet as Knight pushed it away.

"Swords Dance!" Billy called out

"Flamethrower!" Maximus commanded.

"What!?"

Knight was unable to block or dodge that attack, which left a severe amount of damage, but he knew he needed to finish this fast.

"Fell Stinger!"

"We need to stop this thing fast, use Dragon Hammer!"

Exeggutor whipped it's heads around to whack Knight again, but Fell Stinger landed its mark, as a last minute move. Both attacks held their ground, but eventually, both Pokémon fell to the ground Knocked out.

"Neither Pokémon is able to continue, trainers, select your final Pokémon!"

"Knight, return, I'm proud of you for holding up against one of Maximus's Pokémon."

"Exeggutor, Return, You did Amazing for your first official battle with me."

Billy was quite surprised, that was Exeggutor's First battle under Maximus?

"Garchomp, let's show your Potential!"

"Kusunoki, Let's Go!"

The Aggron and Garchomp both prepared for battle, knowing each other from every other clash, it wouldn't end well, at all for Kusunoki, or would it?

"Battle begin!"

"Though the trials of Life and Battle are tough. Even when we face the End, we must Soldier on, Kusunoki, Mega Evolve!"

Billy's hand reached his collar, which had a Keystone for a button, tendrils of energy sprouted from both of them, as The pale circle appeared around Kusunoki, when it shattered, a more Samurai like appearance had taken over Kusunoki. The Mega Evolution symbol appeared over Kusunoki's head as the Aggron gave a roar. Garchomp responded with his own, preparing for Combat.

"Garchomp, Scale Shot!"

"Dragon Rush!"

Garchomp fired off its scales at Kusunoki, who was tickled by the effects of those scales, the Aggron came charging in at full power, like a tank, sending Garchomp flying back quite a bit of feet. It stuck its landing though.

"That usually works," Billy responded.

"Earthquake!"

"Take it."

Maximus had a look that pretty much asked if Billy was crazy. Garchomp took a solid Jump into the air, and landed on the Ground in front of Kusunoki. Fragments of said ground hit Kusunoki, and dust kicked up, when it settled, it revealed that Kusunoki was still standing.

"WHAT!!?" Maximus roared in shock.

"Kusunoki has the Filter Ability when Mega Evolved, and has lost his rock typing in this state." Billy responded, "and this is where I return the favor, Metal Burst."

The Aggron sent a burst of metal at Garchomp, who was for some reason, right in its face. The burst of metal met Garchomp's side, which the Ground and Dragon type responded with Firing an orange rock in the air, which bursted into pieces and smaller ones started bouncing off Kusunoki. A big one had been coming towards Kusunoki as Garchomp was sent to the side, holding its ground.

"Garchomp, get ready, it's time to End this," Maximus took his arms, started to form a mouth with them and eventually it opened, "Devastating Drake!"

Garchomp had repeated Maximus's moves but instead of his arms he opened his mouth. Maximus's right wrist glowed as an energy surrounded Garchomp who then flew with draconic power.

"Dragon Rush past the rock into the incoming attack."

Kusunoki met the incoming Z-move, and proceeded to hold it there, as an explosion occurred. Tons of dust kicked up as both trainers looked expectantly. When it settled, Garchomp could be seen to be knocked out as Kusunoki was on one knee, and got up, looking at Maximus.

"Garchomp is unable to battle, Aggron wins, Billy wins the battle!"

"That was impressive use of Draco Meteor to distract me." Billy responded.

"Thank you, for showing me that there are more ways to power than moves." Maximus responded, "Garchomp, Return, You did Amazing against a Mega Evolved Pokémon."

"Calculating new ranks..." Rotom thought, "Bzzt! Maximus's new Rank is 20,740, and Billy's rank is 20,000!"

Kusunoki reverted to normal form as Billy returned him.

"You headed to the Pokémon Center?" Maximus asked.

"I'm headed to try and find the Kahuna." Billy responded.

"It's some what late, so head back to town for today."

Billy headed back towards town, heading back with his team. He had to restore two Pokémon when he got back. He walked around the town a bit.

Hau'oli City, Alola

Billy had saw some small shops, but figured he'd visit later as he found the Pokémon Center. He walked into a line of at least ten Pokémon trainers. He had Knight and Kusunoki's pokeballs ready for when he got to the front of the line, he kept his cool as he got over to the front of the line.

"Hello, how can I help today?"

"I need these two healed up after a Battle with Maximus Johann." Billy explained, handing over Kusunoki's and Knight's pokeballs.

"Wait over there while we heal your Pokémon."

Billy sat down as he waited for his Pokémon. It was a couple minutes before he was called up. He retrieved his Pokeballs as he headed out.

"Thank you."

Billy headed back towards the shops to take a look, he may need to find something for his parents and himself.

As the Quilava attacked the Machoke, Kitsune let out a canine "Yip!". Now, the pokemon language is very complicated and lets thousandes of species communicate together, in this case, the message was.

"Hey you overgrown rat, don't try to steal my kill."

The girl lept in the air, creating a small platform using Extrasensory to propel herself over the fighting type pokemon and land behind him. She then proceeded to coat her leg in the detritus from Sludge Bomb, held together by Extrasensory, and kick the Machoke in the groin, everyone's weak point.

Alex groaned, while he didn't doubt his partner's fighting abilities, he had to get involved in some way or raise suspicion. He took out a pokeball and threw it towards the center of the chamber, revealing a Noivern who immediately flied to the ceiling.

"Doragon, Boomburst."

The dragon pokemon let out an ear-piercing cry, not bothering to aim as the rom amplified the room and his ghost and normal type teammate was immune to the damage from the attack.

Lara Brook - June 10th - Den D, Wild area, Galar

Rotom zipped on ahead noticing a fellow electric type while Lara felt intimidated by the high-profile trainer. Looked like the frontier brain noticed her and introduced himself as well as told a bit of the aftermath of the whole giga-Hydreigon thing. When Fiery turned his attention to Lara she seemed to tense up a bit, but turned over to look at Rotom who was just playfully floating around the gleam eyed pokemon and now also the Absol beside it.

"R-rotom come over here. We have some work we need to do," she told the ghost pokemon possessing the camera. They didn't seem reluctant at all going over to their trainer. Quite the opposite as a happy 'vrrrr' could be heard as Rotom turned the lense in and out multiple times.

Lara on the other hand dug around in her bag to find her audio recording equipment, "Yes- Um, give me a moment to prepare everything.." Once she found the machine, she hooked it up onto Rotom and the ghost pokemon positioned themselves between the two to optimally pick up their voices. As Lara dug in her bag again to find her notebook and pen, she tried to quickly think of questions. Perhaps a good point to start would be to ask about the Hydreigon. Yeah that sounded good..

"A-alright here we go," she mumbled to herself finally she had her notetaking supplies in hand and began to record the audio, "So, Mr Argetson.. Um, do you know what caused the Hydreigons rampage," Lara paused to let the maze guardian answer while she internally berated herself for her filler words. Luckily no one else will hear these recordings, but she felt like she should be more professional while interviewing such a high-profile trainer.

Kaden Miller - June 14th - Send off spring, Sinnoh

There was so little time for Kaden to try and think of a plan of action regarding their current situation. A little girl was using pokemon moves to fight. The grunts sent out more pokemon to deal with. People and pokemon were phasing in and out. Then that third trainer that arrived decided to use Boom burst inside of a cave of all places. The loud noise bounced around the walls and Kaden had to try and plug his ears to try and keep his eardrums from being damaged. Etna seemed to be wincing as well, but she luckily resisted the hit. He just had to try and find something to hone in on and focus amongst all this chaos.

The coordinator decided to handle the grunts and Ron could hopefully handle his part. Kaden took out a second pokeball to help him and Etna out, "Alright.. Let's do this Astraea," and he called out Starmie. This decision was made quickly but type matchups weren't too difficult to figure out luckily. Kaden bit his lip. He wasn't a particularly skilled battler, but perhaps he could at the very least keep the grunts busy.

"Hey! You two! You look like you belong in a bootleg sci-fi movie" Kaden called out to the grunts in an effort to gain their attention. He was desperately trying to think of his next plan of action.

"Oh yeah? Well.. Well how about this! Sandslash, use slash on that Starmie!" The grunt replied, unable to think of anything witty to reply back with. The mouse pokemon lunged forward and attacked Starmie with its claws as the crystal in their center took the hit.

Kaden searched his mind for any good moves his pokemon could use. Of course there was surf, but it was only a brief consideration as it would hit everyone out on the field and two of them were fire types, "Argh- Astraea. Use Psychic on it to retaliate!" The coordinator commanded his pokemon as the gem in the center of the Mystical pokemon glowed blue and the space where the ground type stood began to warp, damaging the ground type for some neutral damage.

"Etna! Use firefang and bite down on that Dustox," Kaden continued. He seemed to give instructions that were painfully obvious to any other battler, but the coordinator just wanted to make sure his pokemon understood him correctly as they didn't battle all too often. The Arcanine opened her maw and fire accumulated by her teeth as she leaped to attack the Dustox.

National Park, Johto (June 14th)

Desmond heard a familiar voice and he and his Politoed turned and soon had met with Emma who had caught up to the pair as Politoed seemed to bounce happily and waved to Emma. "Politoed!"

"Oh hey, yeah. I suppose as ready as I can be." Desmond mused, and he noted that Emma seemed to be nervous, which given his own nerves of dealing with the bugs to come he related too. This had not put him in position to encourage her well, but still he figured he had to least try to say something. "F-for what it is worth, I think Politoed has enough positive energy to wipe away both of our nerves."

"Politoed!"

Nicole Newman, June 10th, KENN Agency, Motostoke, Galar

This was a terrible idea.

Nicole was fidgeting with her Skarmory plushie as she sat in the waiting room, waiting for her name to be called so that she could have a conversation with her future employer. She'd never done anything like this before, she didn't even have a resume! Why was she doing this?

The door to the waiting room opened as a woman in a suit said her goodbyes to the person before turning to the waiting people. "Next, please." Nicole had just put her plushie away as to make a good first impression, even if sweat was rolling down her back. There was no turning back now. She got up and followed the woman into the office.

"Please, take a seat. My name is Abigail Thorn, what's your name? Would you like something to drink?" The woman asked, a kind smile on her face as she made eye contact with Nicole, which caused the bird keeper to look at Abigail's nose instead. She was not comfortable with this woman and this way, she atleast appeared to be looking at her.

"No thanks, my name is Nicole Newman and I am here to apply for the opening of camera operator." Nicole said, deciding to make it obvious as to why she was here.

"....Yes, that is why most people are here. Now, I can see you didn't bring your resume. Is there a reason for that?" Abigail quickly recovered from Nicole's bluntness and decided to get the interview on the way.

"I always worked at the falconry of my parents and this is my first time getting a different job, so I didn't get to build much of a resume." Nicole said, attempting to not sound like she was a failure.

"A falconry? That must mean you have a sharp eye and know how to handle quickly changing events, no?" Abigail asked, her professionalism showing as she didn't comment on the lack of resume.

"Yes ma'am, I also have trained my Skarmory to help me with my job. She is a strong flier and is very smart, I believe she can be a good asset for any job."

"Hmmm, normally we are hesitant of accepting people without resumes, but your story sounds solid and you clearly know what you are talking about. I can offer you a job as a camerawoman, but you'll have to be working under a more experienced reporter who will have to report back to us about your work. After a month, we will decide on whether we give you a full time job."

Nicole nodded, excitement brimming at her face. "I fully understand, you will not hear any complaints from me."

Ron Towers, June 14th, Tuesday. Send Off Spring, Sinnoh.

Furia gritted her teeth as the Boomburst hit her body, she wasn't actually expecting to get hit from behind, but it seemed they had been surrounded by an unknown enemy. Ron seemed to be pretty upset also, since the action of the new arrivals seemed to be hostile against everyone.

"I don't know who you are, but you need to stop messing with us!" Ron called out to Alex.

Furia turned her attention towards the grunts. It seemed two of them were already taken for in battle, while the Machoke was preparing another attack. This time, she wasn't going to try and save the ungrateful girl who called her an overgrown rat, whatever that was. If she could help the Arcanine and her star partner, then they could focus on the jerk who hit her in the back. Hopefully Ron caught on to her idea as she aimed at the Dustox, who was fighting back at Arcanine by making multiple clones of itself, Double Team. Furia was ready to leap in to help, when she felt a cold chill run down her spine.

The Quilava growled towards a dark corner in the room as the figure of a tall woman came into view. She was wearing the colors of team Galactic, while a cocky looking Persian walked by her side. Ron turned towards where Furia was looking and stopped breathing as his eyes set on the figure coming out of the dark. Was it an illusion or had he just hit the jack-pot? The woman wasn't distorting, she wasn't going away either and Furia was reacting as if they were in danger. It had to be her.

"Calm down girl, I think we're in a whole a lot deeper than I thought." Ron took a step closer to Furia, wanting to be in range just in case the new arrival pulled one of her famous sneak attacks. "Kaden, I hate to say this, but we better get ready to find an escape route and quick."

The cold laugh of the woman rang through the chamber, she held up her right hand over her mouth as her piercing eyes looked at the small group facing her grunts. "I wasn't expecting anyone to find us. You do understand that, since you did find us, we can't let you go."

The Persian kept walking forward in a menacing way while her trainer stayed back. It set her eyes on the Quilava, probably targeting the only Pokemon on the field that wasn't evolved and saw it as an easy target. Ron noticed this and reached for another Pokeball, but he stopped when Furia growled at him. It was her fight, until she was defeated, she wanted help from nobody but her trainer. The fire Pokemon and the Persian locked into a glare, both waiting anxiously to start their fight.

"Let's make sure Lady Sird doesn't get distracted!" The grunt threw a pair of black link cables, which wrapped around the Machoke's neck, causing it to began to glow, grow in size and grow two extra arms. After the intense glowing stopped, instead of a Machoke, stood a Machamp. "Bulk up!"

Alex winced as he deactivated his earplugs, while he knew to expect and had prepared accordingly, he had forgotten to warn the others. Wolfe whistled and jumped, Doragon swooped down and catched him, bringing him into the air and cutting angles of attack against him.

"Sorry," he yelled, "Forgot to warn you."

He analyzed the battlefield, years of combat engraved in his mind.

"Doragon, Air slash on that Machamp. Kitsune, Shadow Sneak behind the adds and neutralize them, do not kill them."

The Noivern flapped his wings, creating razor-sharp blades of wind and sending them flying towards him. At the same time, a small girl, 14 years of age, disappeared and a small blob of shadows could be seen travelling through the room. Reappearing behind the Plasma grunts, she kicked one in the face as the shadowy energy disappeared from her form. As the two other grunts looked behind them, she smiled menacingly as the ground underneath them darkened, courtesy of Bitter Malice.

June 14, Tuesday - National Park, Johto. Reina, current rank, 45,099.

"I thought you said you knew what you were doing!"

Reina called out as she and Peque ran full speed away from a swarm of Scyther coming after them. She had followed the other two trainers earlier deeper into the park, with the promise they knew how to catch strong bug Pokemon in a secured way. Unfortunately, they had wondered into a nest of Scyther, fierce Pokemon slash first and ask questions later. The group kept running as fast as they can as trees near them exploded to the impact of Air Slash against their trunks. The swarm managed to go around the group of running trainers, circling and forcing them to stop running.

"We're gonna have to fight, Fire Spin!" The red track suit trainer called out.

The Magmar with them stepped up and created a fiery vortex around the group, keeping the Scyther out of it. Reina saw this as the perfect distraction to attempt and catch one, throwing the ParkBall through the fire and hoping to hit one on the other side. The fire then disappeared, as several Scyther used Air Slash to blow it away. Once again the group was facing their attackers, except for one and it seemed to have been caught by the stray ParkBall Reina had tossed. The Mitztlian girl let out a quick cheer before the Magmar began using Smokescreen, causing a big cloud of black smoke to cover the entire area.

"Run back to the park!" Someone shouted as Reina ran straight towards the ParkBall on the ground, scooping it up and sprinting as fast as she could in between trees.

After emerging from the smoke and a few moments later, from the trees, Reina found herself back at the central area of the park. She stopped to gather her breath while the other two trainers joined her. "I doubted your technique for a second..." Reina took a long breath, "But it actually worked, I caught one! Thank you!"

The two trainers watched with their mouths open as the jolly trainer walked away and towards the gate to report her capture. Had she not noticed they almost died? She shook away the bad experience and went back to looking for bugs, this time staying close to the central area.

Trainer Firey Argentston, Rank 20, Den D, Wild Area, Galar.

Firey looked at Lara and continued.

"Hydreigon was seemingly protecting her children, apparently some trainers were a bit too eager to get their hands on a Deino, as I discovered that she had, as a Wild Pokémon, swept a team of a trainer around Rank fifty-five thousand. She was a bit tougher than most calls I get to relocate Pokémon, even some of the relocations in Hoenn weren't this surprising." Firey explained, "I actually had some confidence going into this relocation due to having some Training sessions with my wife, who owns a Hydreigon herself, this was the second Pokémon I had to catch that caused problems to people, I had caught a Carbink earlier after it defeated three trainers."

Luxray sat attentively, waiting for his next command. Firey Argentston had been preparing for his next question. This jogged a memory, about a Pokémon living on the Facility, a member of the exact same species that was currently attacking his wife elsewhere in the Region.

Trainer Emma Argentston, Rank 48,679, National Park, Johto, June 14th.

Emma looked down at Politoed, who was ever so cheerful, as he ever was. Emma had Volcarona's Pokéball ready, she figured that having him out would scare off every bug type in the area. She ventured into the forest, but not before calling out to him.

"Be on the lookout, and if you see a bug type, try to catch it." Emma responded to Desmond.

Trainer Ariana Montgomery, Rank 20,046 (eventually), Route 6, Galar

Haxorus was beyond pissed, was like saying a Munchlax likes to eat, which was a vast understatement. The Snake like Pokémon was calming down after Ariana started treating the Pokémon. Hydreigon went for a Dual Wingbeat while Drakloak kept close to the Snake like Pokémon and Ariana. Haxorus's axeblade suddenly glowed orange. Ariana's eyes widened at the realization.

"Drakloak, switch places with Hydreigon," Ariana called out.

Hydreigon flew up over the Haxorus, who glared at the Dark and Dragon Type Pseudo-legendary. Drakloak popped in, which made the orange axe blade seem useless, but the Attack ignored the normal, usual type interaction. The Drakloak suddenly was sent flying past Ariana and The Snake like Pokémon. Hydreigon flew back behind Haxorus as Drakloak started glowing blue. Ariana looked over and saw Drakloak, as Drakloak's tail got longer, the head fins got longer, another Dreepy appeared on its head, going into a slot that had formed on the head fins. When the glowing stopped, Ariana was surprised, she was not expecting an evolution this early in Galar. The newly evolved Dragapult roared, then fired off the Dreepys at Haxorus. Ariana was a bit confused at first, then opened her pokedex, which read her new Pokémon.

"Dragapult, The Stealth Pokémon, Apparently the Dreepy inside Dragapult's horn eagerly look forward to be launched at Mach Speeds.

This particular Dragapult knows Dragon Pulse, Infestation, Phantom Force, Dragon Dance, Breaking Swipe, and Dragon Darts. Dragon Darts was learned upon Evolution."

Haxorus was suddenly shot by three Dragon Pulses, which made it turn around to find Hydreigon looking a little angry. Ariana had finished the cleaning the wounds, as Haxorus got hit with two attacks that hit five times. Hydreigon had split his Dragon Pulse across his three heads as Dragon Darts landed. Haxorus stumbled all over the place from the attacks as Dragapult awaited orders.

"Dragon Dance, Then Phantom Force!"

The Galar native Pseudo-legendary started dancing as Blue circles flew outward. Dragapult felt a bit limber, then went poof. Haxorus was wondering where that pesky little Dragon type, if Pokémon could have opinions of each, had went. It had other things to worry about, like the Hydreigon behind it as it fired off a Dragon claw, going to whack the Hydreigon when Dragapult slammed into it out of nowhere. Haxorus stumbled backwards, figuring this was the time to retreat. Haxorus fled the scene, but not too far away. Two random Trainers approached the group of Pokémon, as Ariana remembered the Love ball. Which she used to make sure the Injured Pokémon was in a safe place for transportation to the nearest Pokémon center. Ariana returned her other Pokémon, and let out her Houndoom, as she looked at the trainers.

"Hello, I'm looking for a Pokémon Center?"

The trainers were standing there with their mouths hanging open, like Magikarp.

"You managed to beat Haxorus, you're a strong trainer," One responded, "Terry Roland, Rank sixty-eight thousand and thirty-seven."

"Ariana Montgomery, Rank Twenty thousand forty-six." Ariana responded.

"There's a Pokémon Center in Stow on Side, it's this way."

Terry pointed at a ladder on a side of the wall between the upper and lower sections of the route.

Desmond watched as Emma ventured in and Politoed seemed to hop after her, though had kept close to Desmond as its trainer moved to follow them though the comment of if he saw something, try to catch it had caused the photographer to shiver on reflex.

"Right, I'll keep my eye out..." Desmond mused, and indeed he had his camera held out as he scanned the forest around them, he did plan to capture some shots of Pokemon but that had been much easier than trying to catch the real deal with a Pokeball. Well that bridge would've had to be crossed when the time had came...

Lara Brook - June 9th - Den D, Galar

Lara scribbled down that Fiery was essentially planning on relocating the Hydreigon in his facility all the way in Hoenn.

"Mr. Argetson. Why bring the Hydreigon all the way to Hoenn and why not collaborate with a Galarian relocation center or with the local rangers here?" the red haired reporter then asked. Hoenn was quite far away from Galar and if the dragon-type pokemon was going to be relocated then in which region?

Letting the frontier brain answer her question, Lara followed up with another, "So, uh- you mentioned that the Hydreigon was a mother as well? Do you also have her children and are you planning on putting them through the same relocation process?"

Things were not going exactly well. Another, Galactic member had joined the conflict, "I'll keep these two busy. You focus on those other two for now," Kaden said to Ron before turning his attention back onto his battle. All he really could promise as of now what that. Etna managed to bite down on the moth Pokemon, scorching it's wings and damaging the bug type greatly.

"Dustox! Use Moonlight!" and just as commanded the poison type began glowing and the scorched wing healed itself.

"Alright Sandslash! Rapid spin!" The other grunt exclaimed. His mouse pokemon rolled itself into a ball and quickly began rolling towards Kaden's Starmie

"Astraea, counter the Sandslash with your own Rapid Spin!" The coordinator said. The Starmie began to rotate it's body and threw itself onto the incoming mouse pokemon. Of course the moves didn't cancel themselves out and both pokemon damaged the other.

"Etna. Prepare another Fire fang!" Kaden instructed his partner-pokemon. Of course he had also other moves at his disposal, but didn't want to risk hitting the other trainers' pokemon that weren't on the galactic side of this battle.

Last edited:

"Bullet punch!" The tall grunt called out.

The Machamp appeared behind the Shadow Sneak attacker, ready to plow the girl trying to hit the grunts.

Ron focused on the new arrival, she was too dangerous, one small distraction could probably end him and Furia. He decided to trust the new strangers to protect his back. Quilava leaned back, ready to jump into action, but the Persian was quick, using Fake Out he closed the distance between them and slapped Furia with his right paw. Furia stumbled back, baffled by the sudden move, not being able to stop the dark aura covered left paw that swiped away the necklace around the Quilava's neck, pushing her back even more.

"Alright Furia, time to put that cat in its place, Flame Charge!"

Furia leaned back and leapt towards the Persian, flames wrapping around her body. The normal type wasn't just going to stand by, she increased the size of her claws and met Furia in the air halfway, both clashing before bouncing back to their starting position. Furia growled, the flames from her body growing in size.

"Flamethrower!"

Furia roared as she released a wave of flames towards the Persian. But Sird seemed confident, ordering her Pokemon to fight back with Power Gem. Round glowing rocks formed around Persian, before shooting ahead, colliding with the Flamethrower, causing the impact to cause a mid air explosion. Both Pokemon locked into a glare again, Furia growling intensively while the Persian had a cocky smirk on her face.

"Slash."

Persian lunged forward, her claws extended and ready to pounce on her opponent. But Ron went on the defensive, calling out for Smokescreen, covering Furia in a cloud of thick black smoke, where she and her opponent disappeared into.

"Rollout!"

Furia curled up, rolling towards her opponent while starting to gain speed with each passing second. Persian fought back, clashing her Slash attack with the incoming Rollout, causing Furia to bounce back. However, that didn't stop the Quilava's momentum, as soon as she landed she was moving at an even higher speed towards the Persian. Without being to see the incoming fire Pokemon, the Persian cried out as she was hit by the Rollout move, sending her flying out of the black smoke and landed on her feet.

"Hypnosis!"

The Persian focused her eyes on the incoming rolling Quilava, this time emitting an odd wave towards Furia. The waves passed through the fire Pokemon's body, but it didn't stop her in time, crashing into Persian, sending her flying while Furia bounced back and landed in front of Ron, asleep.

Sird smirked, she had her opponent where she wanted. "Fury Swipes!"

Persian hit the ground hard after the impact, but managed to stand up. She roared as she lunged towards Furia, claws out and started slashing left and right. Ron gritted his teeth, reaching for Furia's Pokeball, but stopped. He knew if he returned her before the battle being over, she would never forgive him, instead he tightened his fists and hoped Furia would wake up on time.

"Come on Furia, snap out of it!"

June 14th, Tuesday. Send Off Spring, Sinnoh

"Bullet Punch." The grunt called out.

The Machamp appeared behind Kitsune, a glowing fist landing a hit and sending her flying. She gracefully flied through through the air, flipping to face her opponent as she used Extrasensory to create a platform behind her and leaping from it like a spring board. The Zoroark flew through the air towards the fighting type pokemon.

"What are you doing, girl? Are you suicidal? Well, it's your funeral. Machamp, Bullet Punch."

The girl just smiled as she used Protect, angling it in a way to waste Machamp precious milliseconds as he overextended, she then used Shadow Sneak to vanish, revealing what she had been hiding, the flying form of a Noivern

"Doragon, use Air Slash." Alexander said as he jumped down to the tall grunt.

Then he addressed the thug in front of him, a cold grin on his face.

"Call of your Machamp," he twirled a knife around, "We don't want anyone to get hurt, do we now?"

Kaden stayed focused to his battle. Etna pounced with her maw engulfed in flames and her teeth sunk into the moth pokemon once again.

"Why you- Dustox! Shadow ball!" The grunt exclaimed frustrated. From the point blank range it was a certain hit, this time getting some revenge onto the Hisuian Arcanine.

Kaden darted his gaze back onto his Starmie and the opposing Sandslash. That's when he had a plan to deal with the ground type pokemon. "Astraea, Rapid spin again!" and once again the mysterious pokemon's body began to spin and increasing their speed.

"Sandslash! Do a rapid spin as well!" and the two pokemon hurled into each other. Just as Kaden had hoped. Even if both of them had raised speed, his Starmie was considerably faster. The water type pokemon and ground type clashed for a few seconds until they recoiled a good bit from each other. Perfect, like he predicted.

"Now! An ice beam!" and just as Kaden ordered, a blue frigid beam shot out of the Starmie's center crystal into the mouse Pokemon. After all the damage it had taken from the previous attacks, the ice move finished off the Sandslash cleanly. The grunt gritted his teeth as he returned his pokemon into it's ball. Now he could solely focus on the remaining Dustox.

Ron stumbled as the room began to shake violently. He quickly regained his footing, but the room wouldn't stop moving. The Persian kept her attack opponent, Furia. Sird seemed perfectly comfortable with the earthquake as a sly smile perched on her lips as she watched her Pokemon play with her prey.

Meanwhile, the shaking gave the grunts the necessary footing to escape the grip of the one threatening with a knife. Machamp was quickly on the move using bullet punch once again to close the distances between him and his trainer's attackers.

Not only was the chamber shaking violently, but the illusions began to intensify. There were pokemon and people appearing all over, some seemed as confused as Ron and some others didn't seem to notice the situation they were in. The Johto native couldn't get distracted though, Furia needed him.

"You got this Furia, wake up!"

Sird laughed under her breath, she knew victory was close. "Persian, Slash."

The normal type stopped his Fury Swipes, took aim and hit Furia with her extended claws. The Quilava was sent flying, crashing against Ron and knocking them both down. Things were looking even worst now, as Sird seemed ready to continue her attacks. Ron reached for Furia's Pokeball, but the suddent movement of the fire type stopped him in his tracks.

Furia woke up, her rage filled eyes locked on the cocky Persian as she struggled to her feet. Her body shook, along with the battlefield, she greeted her teeth, showing her fangs and let out a challenging roar as the flames on her body exploded into a bright blue. Ron smirked, he has seen her reach such a state only a handful of times, there was no holding back, they were about to give it their all.

"Flamethrower!"

Furia's fire began to descend as the energy gathered insider body. The Quilava took in a deep breath before unleashing a bright blue Flamethrower attack. For the first time, Sird looked a bit concerned as her Persian fought back with Power Gem. The flying stones collided with the flames, but they lacked power as the blue tornado overcame them and impacted Persian.

"Return!"

Sird called back her Pokemon before the flamethrower completely engulfed the cat like Pokemon. She even had to jump out of the way to avoid being burnt to a crisp herself. She reached for her next PokeBall, but stopped when she saw that the Quilava wasn't done yet.

"Furia?" Ron called out concerned.

As soon as she had taken out the Persian, Quilava's body became covered in a dark purple aura, wrapping around her body and causing her body to began to glow. Furia's body began to grow as her legs and torso began to stretch out. The dark purple aura around her took the shape of flames that slowly began to swirl around her neck. She began to stand on her back legs and roared at the ceiling above them as the glowing intensified before suddenly disappearing.

Ron smiled proudly, a rain drop out of nowhere landing on his face. "You finally decided to go through with it, huh?"

As the dust settled, where once stood a Quilava was now a Typhlosion with a shade of purple on her back. The newly evolved Pokemon looked over her shoulder, a golden eye looking back at Ron along with a sinister grin. The newly evolved Typhlosion looked tired, still damages from the battle from earlier, but she seemed confident in her new power.

"Well girl, I've never had a Typhlosion before, surprise me." Ron set his eyes on Sird. "We're ready for round two."

Sird didn't move, instead she looked around at the chamber they were in. It seemed it was going to collapse in any minute as the trembling increased and the illusions we're starting to distortion. If she didn't escape soon, she would be trapped inside forever.

As the earth shook, Alex stumbled, allowing the grunt to escape.

"Frick." Wolfe said, he put his knife back to it's sheath.

He put two fingers in his mouth and whistled, Doragon heard it and flew back, landing next to Alexander and allowing him to get on. As the Noivern flew up, Wolfe grabbed a pokeball.

"Kitsune, come up here and stabilize the illusions, make them go away," he threw the pokeball, "Neko, Swords Dance then deal with that Machamp."

Doragon swooped down towards the Zoroark as she jumup up, caught his leg, and backflipped up on to his back. Meanwhile, a flash of light from the pokeball solidified into the lanky form of Sneasler, who soon got hidden by swords. Neko looked at the Machamp before using Quick Attack to get closer. She cancelled the move before it hit instead covering her claws to use the aptly named Dire Claws.

Kaden stumbled a bit as the cave shook violently. Luckily he didn't quite loose his footing. The illusions, ghosts, shadow people or whatever began to increase. People and pokemon fading in and out. Some seemed confused of the situation while some didn't seem impacted at all. Whatever was going on, it was becoming unstable.

The grunts the coordinator was facing looked at each other before they looked at Sird. Looked like they were the ones with the disadvantage now. Seeing that their group leader was planning on bailing as well. The female grunt gritted her teeth and took out her pokeball, "Let's book it!" she exclaimed and returned her Dustox. The other grunt with her simply nodded and the two made their escape.

"Hey!-" Kaden called out, but he stumbled over again as the cave continued to rumble, "It's not safe here.. Ron! We need to get out!" he called out and returned his Starmie to their pokeball

"Etna, Come here girl," he called out to his Arcanine who seemed to understand what her trainer was planning and came to his side and lowered herself to allow Kaden to hop up on her back.

Aldon Charlton the Time Traveler, June 14, Tuesday - , Johto​

Aldon jumped out of a Bush like a arbok about to devour some unsuspecting wooper. Throwing a pokeball at a metapod like a baseball player. The pokéball flee at a 90 mph, when a head creeped up from the tall grass. The figure took the full force of the pokéball.

Letting out a sharp yelp, the figure turned, grasping the back of its head. It was a big catcher, no pokémon. Neither of them would get the metapod as through surprising luck, the metapod evolved and flew away.

While this went down, Aldon and the bug catcher would spend several minutes arguing on who deserved the metapod. Neither of them noticed the metapod evolve. The two of them would look at the shell confused before the boy rushed off to find a butterfree.

Aldon would continue searching, half expecting revenge, but moved down his relatively merry way. He found a weedle or two when he spotted some scratch Mark's on trees. Curious, he examined them. Deep scratch Mark's. They looked mostly fresh still. What did this? He saw more trees in similar condition and eventually saw a pair of horns. Aldon was now standing not far from a pinsir. Maybe this would be the catch if the day...?

$15,200
14x pokéballs
5x Super Potions
3x Full Heals
6x Oran berry,
C-Gear
Waterproof sleeping bag
Travel cooking supplies
Portable tent
Hiking and archeology tools

"Shadow Sneak."

Sird finally showed a bit of emotion with a sinister smile appearing on her lips. At the same time, a Banette emerged from behind Furia, slashing with a dark purple aura at the newly evolved Typhlosion. Furia stumbled forward as she received the impact across the right side of her face. The Bannette seemed please with herself as she circled around Furia and prepared to fight back with Shadow Claw.

Furia's golden eyes set on the new opponent, she roared as three purple fire balls emerged around her. The purple flames around her neck began to grow and Furia's eyes began to be covered in rage. The three fire balls grew inside and along with Furia's flames they began to glow into an intense bright purple and slowly start to turn into a bright blue. The Banette moved quickly, her claws outstretched as she dodged a falling rock and then headed directly to her enemy.

"Whatever that is Furia, attack!" Ron called out.

The Typhlosion stood her ground and shot all three bright blue fire balls at her attacker. The Banette dodge the first one with ease, but as she moved out of the way to avoid it, the second one struck, exploding into a purple explosion upon impact. Right after the third one followed, causing the explosion to grow and send the ghost type flying across the room and crashing against the ground next to Sird. Furia wasn't done though, she roared more as the flames intensified, this time unleashing a powerful Flamethrower with no target in mind. She roared at the ceiling above her, her flames engulfing the air above her. Ron jumped out of the way as a flaming boulder crashed where he had been standing.

"Hey! Watch it girl!"

Ron gulped as the enraged Typholsion showed her fangs at him. The ground around her became to get ignited in flames and the heat began to spread across the chamber. Furia turned around once again to face her opponent, but the Banette and Sird were gone, as if they had never been there. This seemed to upset Furia more, causing her to shoot another blazing Flamethrower towards were Sird once stood, igniting the entire path it covered until impact.

"Hey, Furia! That's enough!" Ron called out, aiming her Pokeball at her.

Furia turned around again, her eyes glaring at her trainer as three more fireballs formed around her. Ron tried to return her, but it failed as the fire balls increased in size. Ron gulped as the attacked was launched at him. Feeling his ending was close, he covered his eyes with his forearms and waited for the fire to impact him. But nothing. he lowered his arm and the first thing he saw was the three fireballs dancing around him, while Furia had a mischievous. Ron sighed loudly before shaking his head.

"You scared the shit out of me." Finally, Kaden's words got to him. "Right..."

The remaining grunt had used Machamp's detect to determine the best way to escape, being helped out by the falling boulders, blocking anyone chasing after them. Being the only ones left, Ron began running back towards the entrance, with Furia running after him. The group managed to reach the entrance they had walked in through, the sound of voices and crumbling pillars being heard all over until they suddenly died out. Ron found himself outside, facing the lake, like if they had never walked into the ruins. The thick fog was as calm as the lake's water, like no earthquake had ever happened. He looked turned around at the sound of heavy breathing and there stood Furia in her new form. She was looking at back at Ron with a slick smile on her face while trying to catch her breath. Her flames had completely died out and she looked really calm, something Ron hadn't seen in years.

"You look, different, it's pretty cool." Ron said as he walked over and scratched Furia behind the ear. "I have no idea what happened to you, but we'll figure this out, okay?" He turned around to look at the others. "Everyone okay?"

While being in the air on Doragon prevented them from being affected by the earthquake, the Noivern still had to fly around to dodge the boulders, as they flew, Alex looked around for Neko to put her back in her ball, but he didn't see her.

"You two fly on ahead, I'm getting Neko safe."

Wolfe then proceeded to jump of the Noivern and run straight into the thick of things to find his friend. As he jumped around boulders, he looked around for the form of his friend. There a bit of purple, Alex grabbed a pokeball.

"Neko, Return."

As the feline pokemon was put back into her ball, something hit Wolfe in the head and he fell down, the last thing he saw before falling into unconciousness was a pair of draconic legs grabbing him and tugging him towards the exit.

A small old-fashion child's bedroom, in it are a woman with bluish-black hair and a child which Wolfe recognizes as himself.

"Mom, why are you so strange?"

The woman laughed at the childish question.

"What do you mean?"

"You always talk about a wierd place with moving pictures and super-fast mailmen, you even thought Ronin was going to be a ghost type."

She leans in.

"Don't tell anyone this, but I'm not from this when, now, I can see you have more questionson your lips but it's time to go to sleep."

"Goodnight, Mom."

"Goodnight, Alex. adsurgere excelsum."

If anyone was watching the entrance, they would have seen the strange sight of a little girl on a Noivern which was carrying a fainted man.

Kaden clung onto Etna as she dashed her way out. Using her senses to find the exit and her dexterity to evade any falling boulders or other obstacles. Soon the ruckus of the crumbling ruins became slightly more distant as the pair approached the exit and the daylight light blinding them briefly when Kaden and his Arcanine managed to get out. Glad that they had managed to get out in one piece, the coordinator looked back into the darkness. Out from it soared a Noivern with.. a little girl riding it? And the dragon pokemon was carrying an unconscious man as well?

For a moment Kaden thought he continued to see illusions and visions, but then recognized them as that mysterious trainer who had appeared out of nowhere and attacked all of them with the strange girl using pokemon moves. Not really sure what else to make of it Kaden stayed put and waited for Ron.

Before the coordinator noticed anything, Etna's tail began to wag and let out a bark a bit before Ron and his.. Quilava? No, it wasn't a Quilava anymore. It seemed like a Typhlosion, but not like the kind Kaden was familiar with. If anything Furia had evolved into the pokemon they had seen together with one of the illusions. Kaden got down from Etna's back, who seemed equally curious about the other fire type pokemon.

Reina sat down, looking at the small Scyther sleeping inside the green Park Ball. She had already reported the capture and decided to wait until the contest was over, she eyed the entrance eagerly, wanting to see what others might have captured. She was a bit excited, not only for the results, but the fact that she had captured such a cool Pokemon like Scyther. She wondered if she should swap out one of her current team members to train the new Scyther, she felt bad catching it and then leaving it inside the PC eternally.

"Seriously?" Ron set his eyes on the fainted man and sighed. "Yeah I can't take him to a hospital, I'm on probation. Can't have the police asking me how that man got hurt and I am not going to tell them we met inside a lost ruin in the middle of nowhere." He looked at Kaden. "Think you can take him to one? I can guide us out of here, I think."

Kitsune huffed, she grabbed a water bottle on Alex's waist and opened it, pouring the content on him.

"I'm awake, I'm awake." Wolfe looked around. "Kitsune, how many times have I told you that my water bottle is for drinking?"

She raised six fingers.

"Ok smartass, do you want to go back into your ball?"

Wolfe seemed to realize what he said.

"Whelp, no hiding it now," He turned to the two other trainers, "May I introduce My partner pokemon, Kitsune, she's a Hisuian Zoroark."

Genevieve, June 14th, Ecruteak City: Johto, Unranked
Inside the Kimono Playhouse, a little girl looked in awe at the pretty dances that the Kimono Sisters did... how could they move with such grace and energy, yet stay so straight-faced? Surely this was something beyond her comprehension... but she still lightly swayed in her seat, her little wooden crown shaking slightly on the top of her head as she was mesmerized by the beautiful women. After the show was done, she snapped back to reality and shuffled up to the stage, just to get a closer look at all of the wonderful dancers, not being able to be seen (and barely being able to see) due to her height, but she enjoyed what little she could catch a glimpse of regardless. The little crown on her head then perked up, showing itself to be a Phantump, then hovered up onto the stage, Genevieve then freaking out slightly now that he had left her side for the moment. After looking at them, the Phantump could understand why his partner was so interested in them, they were very elegant, and their pure white skin would definitely have made them curious as to how they achieve that. He then left the stage, going to rest himself back on the perch that was Genevieve's head. Right before they left, they were stopped by one of the Kimono Sisters, the Espeon user in particular, who kneeled down to talk to the child.

"...Not only I, but my Pokémon senses the sadness and pain that you are living through vicariously. If you ever require assistance with such, you will always be welcome here. While we cannot heal the sorrow that flows through you at this moment, we can at least ease your pain in what ways that we can."

Genevieve slowly backed away from her, nodding lightly as she left the building and went to look around again and sit on a nearby bench, that encounter with someone that terrified her... then again, almost everyone terrified her due to her having immense trust issues and separation anxiety. Looking at the flowing leaves pleased her, as she liked the vibrant colors that they had no matter the season, but they were especially nice now. She removed the crown from her head and began lightly stroking its branches, her Phantump slightly rattling in amusement at this. She would breathe slowly, attempting to think clearly... after this place, she had nowhere to go, and she knew that she couldn't go back to Shalend, or any other region for that matter. Sighing, she adjusted her scarf slightly, the behemoth of a thing wrapping around her face and streaking behind her, flowing lightly in the wind in a stream of colors. Was this it for her? Was she just going to fall away back into obscurity again, with nobody to look or care for or about her at all? All she had left at this point was Sam, and the thought of leaving him alone without her terrified her... he was all she had left now. She began lightly sniffling, a few tears dropping from her face as she soon composed herself, wiping away and fluids using the inside of her scarf.

Last edited:

Kaden was just about to reply, but that was when the unconscious man was woken up by the human (?) girl pouring water over him. Or well, the mysterious trainer who made it clear that the girl wasn't human, but rather a Zoroark using its ability to disguise itself. Now thinking about it, what they saw that girl doing back in the caves made a lot more sense considering that it has been revealed that she was a pokemon. Any other day it would have been quite the revelation, but this wasn't the craziest thing that had happened today and he was fine just accepting it.

"....Alright then, but are you sure you're fine?" Kaden asked not really wanting to have the consciousness that this man might be found somewhere in the forest later.. He was knocked out and should probably go and be checked out by a medical professional. Etna seemed to cautiously sniff the Zoroark-girl, confused as her scent indicated that she was a pokemon, yet she looked like a human. This confusion didn't stop her heavy tail from wagging behind her though.

Ron nodded and turned away, looking at the lake in front of them. "Well I have no need to stay around here anymore." He looked over at Furia, who was panting loudly, probably exhausted from the battle and getting used to her new body. "We're gonna take a walk, just head that way..." he pointed west, "and you should eventually find your way back. That's my guess. Kaden, feel free to call me if you're ever in trouble." He gave Kaden a firm nod and began to walk away. "Don't get lost!" He waved after taking a few steps.

Furia gave the Arcanine one lost look, a look of acceptance before she turned around and followed Ron. The two slowly disappeared back into the fog of the lake, heading towards the south.

"It's okay, I've been through worst, some of the battles I've fought were way worst, I should be fine with a bit of rest."

He grabbed a pokeball and, after a moment of consideration returned his Noivern to it.

"Now, this is the time where a usually leave on Doragon, but I'd feel bad if I'd saved you for nothing." Alex got a mischevious smile on his face, "How about I race you to town? Go, Inu."

The bug catching contest had been well underway, but as Desmond ventured with Emma and his Politoed in toe it had been a mixed bag all things considered. Far as getting images go, this run had been nothing short of a success: From Caterpie to Ledyba, to a Nincada and even a distant Beedrill. Once the panic set aside, he had gotten good shots of so many bug types which only promised to make his little catalog that much stronger.

However, given this had been a bug CATCHING contest Desmond had not even attempted to make a capture on this venture. Something his Politoed had picked up on as it nudged him which caused the photographer to sigh.

"L-look I know the whole MO about this. Just...it isn't easy to commit that first throw. I've never uh, attempted this before."

And that had been true, the one Pokemon Desmond had owned was this Politoed which had been a legacy gift of his brother rather than something he had caught himself. Given his own personal trauma that had surrounded Pokemon most of his life, it had been something he was a touch reluctant to try and shake off. A sudden noises sounded himself and his partner to the left and what they had found was well, unexpected.

Alone by what seemed to be a section of a river, was a lone Kricketune who seemed to brush its appendages along and produced some wonderful music. Music that seemed to put his Politoed in a state of wonder, it had never heard something so majestic! However these tunes caused Desmond to shiver as from its perspective those things are just as much weapons as music makers.

Still, this was as good a chance as any to get a capture here, so in spite of the nerves he cautiously reached for his Park Ball. Hesitant to grasp it but he swallowed his nerves as he attempted to with the masking of the foliage uh...wait where was Politoed?

"Poli! Politoed~!"

"Krick?"

Desmond looked on in horror as his partner wandered out and seemed to happily greet the Kricketune. What was it thinking!? If it helps him during this capture and attacks it they are as good as disqualified, and letting it know their presence only makes it more likely to escape! This dumb frog was gonna ruin everything!

"Politoed Politoed Politoed~"

However, as Desmond looked on, his Politoed began to happily clap and hop in place to the music, dancing with the bug type as the Kricketune's confusion shifted to a curious amusement, as it had began to play by stroking its appendages and produced a song the frog Pokemon danced happily to. The pair seemed to go about this for a solid couple of minutes, almost shifting in sync as between the Kricketune's music and Politoed's energetic movements they seemed to compliment each other perfectly.

Soon the song wrapped as the Kricketune cried happily and the Politoed clapped for it, course it motioned for Desmond to come as he knew it was his time, he moved out of the clearing as the Kricketune turned and he tossed a Park Ball right at it. The Park Ball rolled on the ground as it began to shake a bit, as Desmond looked on with nervous anticipation.

Wiggle.

Wiggle.

Wiggle.

CLICK!

The ball sounded off and a light shinned, which signaled a successful capture!

Genevieve, June 14th, Ecruteak City: Johto

Looking around at the town some more, Genevieve realized why she liked this town so much: It was so different compared to Shalend, everything there was just so simple. There wasn't any color diversity at all there, and while it did look nice... if you lived in Droma, what you saw was the white of the town and the blue of the water, if you lived in Andora, better believe you saw miles upon miles of wheat fields and greyish towns, and in Righ, immense, sprawling green. She saw one color here that she never really saw, surprisingly, and felt an immense desire to go investigate.

After a small bit of time, Genevieve stood up from her spot and shook Sam slightly, with the little stump awakening and hovering beside her, rubbing his eyes and stretching before looking down at his partner. Clearly she had wanted something, otherwise she would have let him be without any issue, so he tilted his head in interest. Genevieve then looked over to her right, over at the Burned Tower, a brown and black place that was scorched down to ash, then began to walk towards it, very curious of its nature, her companion following. Trotting up the steps leading to the tower, she looked at the sign next to the entrance, and then backstepped a bit, gazing in concern at the overwhelming structure.

This entire place had been burned to the ground... how could something like that ever happen, it looked like this place was around for ages, how was it still standing? Terrified of the prospect of even entering the place, she backed up more, tripping and falling back down the steps, dizzy as she grunting, slowly lifting herself up again, Sam checking to make sure that she wasn't too terribly hurt. She was fine, physically anyways, but her pupils were shaking, unable to take her eyes off the tower, until Sam intercepted her field of view to snap her out of this trance. Shaking her head, she turned around, that experience souring her perception of the town. Maybe there would be something a little better further south, and so she went down towards Route 36.

Glancing around, Genevieve looked over to the west, gazing over at what seemed to be a lot of fencing, and a lot of hustle and bustle. Naturally, she got a little curious, and began shuffling over to investigate this place, reading the nearby sign... what was a "park"? Even more curious, she walked inside, only to see that the place was fairly similar to her homeland, green, many flowers, and many Pokémon simply fluttering about. She decided to walk around a bit, gazing to see if there was anything different, but alas, nothing of real interest for her. Sam hovered beside her, pointing all around to the one thing that was different about the place: there were quite a lot of people, so it was clearly a bustling place. It wasn't the best news for her, especially since she definitely clashed with almost everyone else there...

"Maybe I shouldn't have rushed the contest..." Reina sighed, starting to regret being one of the first ones to return.

The Metztlian trainer took one last look at the Scyther curled up in the green sphere in her hand before putting it away and standing up. She might as well find something to do. She seemed to be amongst the few who had finished early or had lost, so she might as well get to know some of them, maybe they would be up for a quick battle while they waited. However, as she scanned to see who she could start a conversation with, her eyes set on a little girl. For some reason, she seemed lost and even hurt.

"Hey there." Reina waved for far away as she approached Genevieve. "Are you waiting for someone? I'm a little bored waiting for a friend, want to wait together?"

Genevieve, Tuesday, June 14th, National Park: Johto

Genevieve looked to her side to see the girl approaching her, immediately recoiling back as she approached. Her back was put up against the fence, and she definitely felt intimidated by this stranger. Sam then lightly nudged her forward, placing himself back on her head. She then scooted slightly forward before going to sit down on a bench nearby. She opened her mouth, but naturally, it was pretty muffled due to the overwhelming amount of scarf covering her face, and it helped less that she was a very quiet speaker, so what was her saying"...Here." sounded more like a very quiet "hrrm". She then took Sam and put him onto her lap, stroking his branches again. She also made sure to sit as far left as possible, that way she couldn't see her talking to her... maybe then she could treat her like an imaginary friend then?

Reina was a bit confused, but she accepted the odd invite, taking a seat at the far right of the bench. She looked at the girl again, getting a closer look, maybe the girl was a bit more than lost. She noticed the odd Pokemon also, it was something she hadn't seen before, maybe it was from the Ilex forest?

"Are you lost?" She took out her pocket size guidebook. "I have a map in case you need to go somewhere."

"...No. I'm fine. Thank you."

She definitely had some kind of accent, so she definitely was not from around here. She just pet her friend more, looking off into the distance to see what kind of Pokémon lived here. A lot of Bugs, which was somewhat a nice change of pace, there were barely any of them back home. Genevieve lightly rocked back and forth in her seat, avoiding direct eye contact with this stranger.

"Good." Reina looked ahead of her, leaning forward. "Are you waiting for someone who entered the bug catching contest? I just finished, I caught a Scyther. I hope I can train it good, I heard they're really competitive Pokemon and really strong too."

She reached into her bag and pulled out the Park Ball, with the Scyther clearly sleeping inside. She showed the girl the Pokeball. "See? I need to think of a name for it, but first I want to finish the contest so we can meet properly."

"...No. Was just walking. Now I'm here."

Genevieve did not mind the idea of catching Pokémon in a contest, but the concept of catching them on the sheer fact that she heard they were good at battling upset her. She frowned, looking down at the ground in thought. She never was a fan of the idea of battling, but at least most trainers also tried to bond with their Pokémon. To her, battling caused many more problems than it solved.

"Don't... you think it's bad... that you're catching them... to fight?"

Last edited:
The bug catching contest had been well underway, but as Desmond ventured with Emma and his Politoed in toe it had been a mixed bag all things considered. Far as getting images go, this run had been nothing short of a success: From Caterpie to Ledyba, to a Nincada and even a distant Beedrill. Once the panic set aside, he had gotten good shots of so many bug types which only promised to make his little catalog that much stronger.

However, given this had been a bug CATCHING contest Desmond had not even attempted to make a capture on this venture. Something his Politoed had picked up on as it nudged him which caused the photographer to sigh.

"L-look I know the whole MO about this. Just...it isn't easy to commit that first throw. I've never uh, attempted this before."

And that had been true, the one Pokemon Desmond had owned was this Politoed which had been a legacy gift of his brother rather than something he had caught himself. Given his own personal trauma that had surrounded Pokemon most of his life, it had been something he was a touch reluctant to try and shake off. A sudden noises sounded himself and his partner to the left and what they had found was well, unexpected.

Alone by what seemed to be a section of a river, was a lone Kricketune who seemed to brush its appendages along and produced some wonderful music. Music that seemed to put his Politoed in a state of wonder, it had never heard something so majestic! However these tunes caused Desmond to shiver as from its perspective those things are just as much weapons as music makers.

Still, this was as good a chance as any to get a capture here, so in spite of the nerves he cautiously reached for his Park Ball. Hesitant to grasp it but he swallowed his nerves as he attempted to with the masking of the foliage uh...wait where was Politoed?

"Poli! Politoed~!"

"Krick?"

Desmond looked on in horror as his partner wandered out and seemed to happily greet the Kricketune. What was it thinking!? If it helps him during this capture and attacks it they are as good as disqualified, and letting it know their presence only makes it more likely to escape! This dumb frog was gonna ruin everything!

"Politoed Politoed Politoed~"

However, as Desmond looked on, his Politoed began to happily clap and hop in place to the music, dancing with the bug type as the Kricketune's confusion shifted to a curious amusement, as it had began to play by stroking its appendages and produced a song the frog Pokemon danced happily to. The pair seemed to go about this for a solid couple of minutes, almost shifting in sync as between the Kricketune's music and Politoed's energetic movements they seemed to compliment each other perfectly.

Soon the song wrapped as the Kricketune cried happily and the Politoed clapped for it, course it motioned for Desmond to come as he knew it was his time, he moved out of the clearing as the Kricketune turned and he tossed a Park Ball right at it. The Park Ball rolled on the ground as it began to shake a bit, as Desmond looked on with nervous anticipation.

Wiggle.

Wiggle.

Wiggle.

CLICK!

The ball sounded off and a light shinned, which signaled a successful capture!
Emma had been traveling with Desmond, who was having a good time catching Photographs, as she looked around for any bug type to catch, but they all ran from Volcarona's presence, except a Weedle, who had landed on her head, but she noticed when it landed, and seemingly hit herself with a Park Ball. It didn't hit her, but the Weedle on her head. The ball started shaking on her head, one, two, three, and then an audible click was heard.

"I caught a Weedle, on my head?" Emma exclaimed at first, but devolved into a question quickly.

Volcarona would laugh as best as a bug and fire Type would. Emma figured this would happen. As such she looked to Desmond, who seemed to had just finished up catching a Kricketot after she had slowed down due to an unexpected Pokemon on her head. The young woman then had Volcarona keep to aerial surveillance.

"You catch anything?" Emma asked, "Somehow found a weedle on my head, who was most definitely not scared of Volcarona."

Aldon Charlton the Time Traveler, June 14, Tuesday - , Johto​

Standing in the field, about fifteen feet away from a pinsir, Aldon hid behind a tree. As he did, the noise of rustling leaves could be heard. The pinsir heard it and looked around before turning back and scratching the tree. Aldon looked around with a puzzled look. Looking for anything. a twig. A brach. A rock. Something he could throw to distract it. He grabbed a rock and threw it. Thud! The rock hit a tree which cuaght the pinsir's attention, the pinsir turned towards the tree that made the noise. Aldon threw a pokéball at the pinsir. One tik. Nope. It got out. It began running around aimlessly, looking around for what did that.

Aldon could hear its footsteps nearby. Aldon tried to look around the tree, then immidiately turned back, regretting it as his eyes nearly met gaze with the bug. It began making its way towards the tree Aldon was behind. Vaguely seeing something through the peripheral of it's eye. It walked towards the tree. Aldon shifted around the tree. The pinsir just on the other side. As soon as the pinsir looked on the other side of the tree, it felt a tap on the back of it's head. Aldon had managed to sneak behind the pinsir and press a pokéball against the back of it's head. One click. Hopefully it would catch this time. Two clicks. Aldon hadn't thought this through. If he failed this time, he would need to run for sure. Aldon thought about running now to have a head start, but sure enough. Third tick. poof!

"We did it Skol! We caught a pinsir. I wonder who else is here still catching bugs. I wonder if I can bump into any of the competition. Aldon began looking around to see if he could find any talkative competition.

$15,200
12x pokéballs
5x Super Potions
3x Full Heals
6x Oran berry,
C-Gear
Waterproof sleeping bag
Travel cooking supplies
Portable tent
Hiking and archeology tools

Last edited:
Emma had been traveling with Desmond, who was having a good time catching Photographs, as she looked around for any bug type to catch, but they all ran from Volcarona's presence, except a Weedle, who had landed on her head, but she noticed when it landed, and seemingly hit herself with a Park Ball. It didn't hit her, but the Weedle on her head. The ball started shaking on her head, one, two, three, and then an audible click was heard.

"I caught a Weedle, on my head?" Emma exclaimed at first, but devolved into a question quickly.

Volcarona would laugh as best as a bug and fire Type would. Emma figured this would happen. As such she looked to Desmond, who seemed to had just finished up catching a Kricketot after she had slowed down due to an unexpected Pokemon on her head. The young woman then had Volcarona keep to aerial surveillance.

"You catch anything?" Emma asked, "Somehow found a weedle on my head, who was most definitely not scared of Volcarona."

Desmond had still been trying to process this sudden capture when a familiar voice spoke up as he and Politoed turned to Emma, as it seemed she had captured a Weedle of all things in a unique situation of her own. Course that creature's name caused a shiver but if he had gotten used to a Volcarona overhead he'd least be able to answer her question.

"Uh y-yeah. Ended up catching a Kricketot. With Politoed dance moves, of all things..." Desmond mused, moving closer to Emma as Politoed waved happily her way and Desmond had his ear out hearing other nearby noises in this section.

"I feel we, may be close to other bug catchers." Desmond guessed, though he had no way to confirm it. "So do we keep going or head back with our current catches?" Desmond asked Emma.

Reina smiled at the little girl. "I used to think that too when was a little girl. One time, I grabbed my Dad's Pokemon and let them all out and told them they were free. They looked at me like if I was crazy. I tried everything, I wanted them to be free and happy, but it turns out they already were happy. I later learned that they decided to stay with my Dad, which I still didn't understand why." She leaned back on the bench and looked ahead.

"But, after a few years of researching, doing errands, training and doing all sorts of things with Pokemon, I learned that they're all very unique, like us and that those that stay around with trainers is because they want to and those that battle is because they want to improve themselves." She put away the Scyther and brought out the Pokeball that contained Diva, the Clefairy. "See the Clefairy inside?" She showed her the item, "That's Diva. She loves being around me, like a little sister. She doesn't like to battle though. However, she does like to help the others in the team when training and she will jump in to fight alongside them whenever we get into a tough fight. But, that's her decision, nothing is stopping them from just leaving. I also have a Lombre who LOVES dancing more than anything, so he wants to be a big strong Ludicolo, maybe he wants to make the world's biggest Rain Dance? I'm not sure, but he wants to improve and by competiting against he others he is going to reach that goal one day. Oh! Then there's Maya..." She switched the Pokeball and showed her the one with a Dragonair, "Maya here is very territorial and protective. I ran into her in Kanto during a Safari Zone contest, she saw something in me and allowed me to get close to her, even joined my team. She loves to battle and she loves me and my team so much, she doesn't like strangers getting too close, in fact you can see her wiggling right now, probably because she doesn't recognize you."

She put away the Pokeball and gave Genevieve a smile, "It's not all about battling, that's just a sport us trainers go through with our Pokemon to grow as a person and for them to achieve the best version of themselves, no matter what path they want to follow. I'm pretty sure your Pokemon would like to be able to protect you from anything just like you would for them, right?"

Genevieve was somewhat taken aback by Reina and her long explanation as to how battling wasn't necessarily a bad thing, how it could be used to bring people closer together. After hearing all this, she could likely forgive her at the very least... but she wasn't going to be swayed so easily in terms of her actual resolve, one conversation wasn't going to change her morals so easily, even if she was a young child. She turned her head to look at Reina, merely staring in her direction.

"...You're... not bad. But... that doesn't mean... bad people... aren't out there. Even though you are nice... there are many trainers who aren't... who raise to fight. Battling can make you grow closer... but it also can make you... grow further apart."

Genevieve looked back in front of her, gazing upon the greenery, and looking back down at the ground once more. Sam awoke once more, looking over to Reina and hovering over, patting her on the back as a sign of "you tried". He then went over to Genevieve and encouraged her to stand up, they were going to have to keep moving sooner or later.