• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

11:44 AM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

Thankfully, the girl didn’t want his hot dog. Indigo would’ve eaten it either way, with or without the sand. Bothering to dust the grains of sand were too much of a chore. Instead, it just began to mow down the hot dog while continuing to stare at Esther. She introduced herself with that name and so Dustin replied with the same sense of formality and shook her hand.

“Sup, I’m Dustin. Pleasure to meet you, Esther. Indigo over here can be quite a handful like you said. Astra over there is much more nicer.”

Releasing his hand from hers, Dustin rubbed Indigo’s head as he gestured over to his Kirlia still munching on her fries. When Astra saw Dustin was introducing it, the Kirlia quickly wiped its mouth and then did an quick twirl with a bow in the end to display its elegance. Meanwhile, Indigo removed its trainer’s hand from its head, slightly displeased by him saying Astra was nicer. Indigo would take his burger for that. Maybe whatever food that girl had too, as he eyed her table. However, his wandering eyes went back to Esther when she suggested a battle with it. So the human did want to fight. Indigo glanced back at Dustin, who smiled, knowing where his battle prowess stood.

“To be honest, I’m not really that much of a battler myself, but sure! Indigo here likes them, so it should still be fun. It’ll probably have to wait until my food comes, though, since it should be here any minute. Are you waiting too?”

Last edited:
July 18, Monday - Olivine City, Johto, Genevieve

Looking at how Reina looked with the hat on... it did sort of fit her. It'd probably look much better in a less... clashing color. She sort of made a "eh" gesture with her hand. She guessed that she had no other choice than to look around to find clothes that would actually cover her... thin clothes at that... she though what she was wearing was pretty light, but that must've been because they lived in drastically different environments. She looked around, staring at many things on the racks, but nothing really spoke to her... it was all just so... small. Even the "winter clothes" weren't enough for her, they were just clothes with longer sleeves! None of this would cover her up enough! Slowly but surely, she went down the line of all the clothes and began nitpicking everything, and I mean everything in the store.

"...Too short. Need longer. Won't cover me up. White's gross. That's string, not clothes. No licensed clothes allowed. Blue and orange don't mix. Reina would like that. Illegal..."

Esther
Monday, July 18 – Olivine Café, Olivine City, Johto Region​

“I’ve got a pizza pending, but that’ll take a while; I plan to meet up with some friends at the beach, so if you’re still interested in that battle, then we can have it there.”

Since the battle wouldn’t be now, there wasn’t a need to wait around; they still needed to meet up with Reina and Gene, and at least Shiro still needed to buy some swimwear. The Oblivian had wanted to kill three Pidgey with one stone: get a battle in, let Shiro buy his swimwear, and kill some time, but since it wasn’t to be then she didn’t mind waiting till later. And it wasn’t like they could battle in the middle of the Café either.

With a quick shrug, Esther hailed her companions once more. If they had any hope of catching Reina and Gene before they finished shopping, then they’d need to get a move on. The Oblivian quickly shimmied out of the store, but was stopped by one of the waitresses—“You’re a trainer, right? Well, since you bought today’s special, a sizzling burger, then we’re also offering a complementary grillin’ sizzlin’ seal for pokéball capsules!”

The waitress pushed a trio of stamps-like objects into Esther’s hand but, spotting her uncovered pokéballs and the baffled look of confusion on the Oblivian’s face, the waitress helpfully explained.

“You can attach those seals to ball capsules to produce special effects when you release one of your pokémon from its pokéball. Of course, you’ll need ball capsules first and a Seal case to put your seals in, but trust me, it’s worth it. They’re all the rage with Coordinators across all the regions, and we sell them here in Olivine. Try it!”

Curious and curiouser, Esther took note of that. With one final reminder to Dustin to meet her at the beach if he wanted to battle, she stepped out of the store. It was time to reunite with the rest of their group.

Pokéball x2

Initial: $6830
[/spoiler

July 18, Monday - Olivine City, Johto. Reina, current rank, 35,589.

Reina put the hat back and looked at the others available. Maybe she should get one? Gene was right though, Reina was more of a green than a blue, sometimes red, rarely yellow. It seemed her adopted little sister was going to take a while, so the trainer decided to try some stuff on. As she looked through some rash guards. She happened to find one with the same tone of blue as her Swampert's and it had orange circles on the sides. Would matching colors with your Pokemon improve things?

Reina took one her size and was about to go try it on when something caught her attention. Behind the counter they were selling inflatable boats of different sizes and colors. She set her eyes on them, the cashier looking a bit nervous since it seemed like if Reina was looking at him. But in reality, she was trying to decide if something like that would be useful for their trip.

"Hey Gene, do you think we should get one of those in case some people don't have a Pokemon that can surf?"

July 18, Olivine City, Jotho
???

The cool morning breeze blew over the quiet beachside town of Olivine. The sun shone bright in the blue sky above as the city folks went about their business as usual. Things appeared to be normal on this mid morning day in Olivine, all except for one thing. Near the center of the city, sticking out like sore thumb, was a young woman in rather revealing clothes. She wore a simple piece of fur around her chest and black skirt shorts below the waist, a rather big backpack on her back and plain sandals on her feet. Behind her were a Shinx and Rhydon. The young woman looked around the city, nodding to herself as she did so. Finally, she spoke. "I have no idea how we got here, but this place looks pretty nice." She said out loud.

Soon, the wind brought over a very pleasant smell to the nose of the strange woman and her Shinx. Sniffing the air, both trainer and pokemon became drawn to wherever this scent was coming from. "Ooh I wonder what that is. Hey Zap Zap, do you want to go che-" Before she could finish her thought, the girl witnessed her pokemon already running off towards the origin of the scent. "Hey wait up Zap Zap! Aww, I should go make sure he doesn't get into any trouble. Watch my stuff Rhy-Rhy." She declared before taking off her large backpack and tossing it to her Rhydon. "Wait for us here." Kicking off her sandals, the young girl also ran off, intent to chase down her runaway pokemon. Seeing this scene play out, the left behind Rhydon simply let out a sigh.

Genevieve looked over at Reina, walking over to her and looking at the inflatable rafts... while they would be useful, one look at the price tag made her wince... yeesh, did they really need to get one of those? She definitely didn't agree with the decision.

"...Too much. You have friend, so do others probably. It's a waste."

She then turned back around, going to look at all the clothes again in the small chance that she would find something that would actually fit what she wanted for clothes. Everything, no matter if it was considered winter clothing or not, was too short for her liking... none of it would cover her hands or her wrists, or even her neckline...

Ezio Farello, June 14 - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh

"Oh yeah, I still have my badges." Ezio said, grabbing a badge case from his bag and opened it for Kaden to see. Seven badges, neatly polished. "I don't have the Fen Badge, but Water type gyms are incredibly difficult for me to beat with my type disadvantages and they usually have water in the arena. I can't blame em, gyms are meant to push challengers to new heights, after all. Not that missing one badge means a lot to me, I am not doing the Pokémon League Challenge. I just get to skip a lot of paperwork by showing I am somewhat qualified for more dangerous ruins or ruins that are of high archeological value."

"Of course, I challenged the gyms when I was at least ten years younger. It was a fun time, travelling all over and challenging powerful trainers before inevitably running into a Water type trainer. I'm too old to challenge the gyms now, and even if I wasn't, there is no real reason for me to do so." The man reminisced, petting Etna as Erebus nibbled on her poffin.

"Sorry, I shouldn't bore you with my old man rambles. You're probably not interested in that, anyway." Ezio chuckled.

"Okay you're right." Reina gave the boats one last look before turning around and going after Gene. "Found anything yet? Have you tried asking Sam?"

Reina looked at the clothing that Gene had already seen. She found a few she would pick for herself and some she thought would be great for Gene, but she knew better than to push the little girl. Had Reina been like that with her own mother? She knew she never had trouble choosing clothes, especially when she was still going to school, since they had to use uniforms. When she left on her own though, she always looked for the more comfortable and simple stuff.

"What about a dress, over a long sleeve and leggings?" Reina pulled out a pink dress with Sunflora on it.

Genevieve frowned at the dress... it looked so... gross. Pink, contrary to most people's beliefs, was not a nice color, an assault on the senses. And she didn't even recognize the Pokémon on the front of it... was it some sort of plant? Regardless, she shook her head.

"That's heavier than what I have. We want something light. They don't have light and long."

Somehow Sam was still sleeping, since she was being very careful to not shake around too much. But also nobody was really in the store... it was a winter clothing store and it was the middle of July, of course the place wouldn't be getting much business. Not to mention that most of the clothes were dark colors, or ugly colors.

Shiro, Olivine City, 18th July

"Yeah, Sounds like a good idea." Shiro replied to Esther while also glancing from time to time at Cubchoo with a scarf that tried to keep his new friend, Coloured. Interested in the 'conversation' making many gesture that would probably indicate shock and happiness, sometimes trying to show with his paws about the things involved with those emotions. The Young Trainer barely hold his chuckle.

He tried to quickly finish his burger before going to the shop and as he did, he noticed that Esther was leaving.
"Guess our time in the Cafe has ended?" He said uncertain to Coloured, as if a waiting confirmation or denial. After that He would stood up and head to the exit of Cafe as well.

Rick
Tuesday, June 14th - Desert Resort, Unova

Rick approached the man, who he presumed was the leader of the group. The two stared at each other for a few seconds, until the man started. "What's your name, boy?" He asked. Rick crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow before talking. "That's the kind of information I don't give out for free like that."

"That's fair. You have no reason to trust us after what just happened." The man started, putting his arms behind his back and turning to look at the ruins. "Deep inside these ruins there's a fragment of the Meteonite. A unique type of asteroid used by the civilization that once lived here as source of virtualy infinite power." He explained, before turning back to Rick. "Lets not fool ourselves, boy. We're all here for the same thing. You want the Meteonite, am I right?" He asked.

"Not for the same reasons as yours, most likely." Rick answered. The man crossed his arms before replying. "Maybe. But our reasons don't matter here. What really matters is that these ruins are a dangerous place. The hazards, the traps, the pokémon that become more aggressive the more you venture through the ruins. Fighting between ourselves will just make things harder for both sides." The man explained.

"You haven't told me anything I didn't know already. In fact, you're the only reason why I'm still outside the ruins. So what's your proposal?" Rick asked. "It's very simple, actualy! Seing how you came this far with no help and even managed to fend off several pokémon at once, I think you're more than capable of handling these ruins by yourself." The man started. "So, whoever finds the Meteonite first, claims the prize. No interferences, no fighting, just each side minding their own business. What do you say?"

The man reached out his hand for shake before he was even given an answer. And Iris didn't like it. She pinned down her ears and bared her teeth, growling at the man in a clear show of aggresion. Rick looked at the man's hand and thought for a brief moment. "You know, I like challenges. You're on!" He said, returning the shake. The man smiled. "Excelent! Now, there two entry points to the castle that we know of. The one you see over there, and one on the western side. Make your pick, they all should lead to the same place at the end." He told Rick, before walking away and back to the group.

Rick started walking to the western side of the ruins, as he really didn't want to share the route with the hunters. "Are you sure about this? You just said moments ago you didn't trust these guys." Chris spoke after being silent during the whole conversation. "And I still don't, but I couldn't just say 'no' in this position." Rick replied. "Anyways. Back to business!"

"How about a sweater? Those with the hood, hoodies? They're usually light and not that hot." Reina gave Gene a hopeful smile. "We can include some jeans and sneakers?"

The outfit sounded pretty simple, but it would fill in the purpose. Plus, jeans were long lasting and could take a lot of damage before tearing. That's the reason Reina used jeans, besides they were comfortable and she felt she looked great in them.

Colored
July 18th, Olivine City (Cafe)

With her having a pleased reaction towards the small bear accepting her small handshake, it took a few minutes for Colored to realise that she had actually somehow forgotten to order anything... even with the time she had.

“Wha- oops! Kinda forgot to get myself anything... I, uh, mm... I think I can handle this. Give me a minute or two, and I’ll be fine!”

She had started by gently moving her hand away from the Cubchoo’s pair of paws, and standing back up again.

“You should head back over to your trainer, okay? I need to grab myself a few things.”

Hoping the small Ice type would understand, she had quickly gotten herself over to the latest counter and simply arranged herself a takeout sandwich (if you wanted to know, tuna, cucumber and sweetcorn) and some apple juice as well before heading back outside.

There was a bit of sheepishness in her tone, but she was overall ready to get going again.

“Okay, there we go. That should be me sorted now, so what exactly is next? In case I somehow already forgot that too... please don’t mind that.”

Esther

Esther checked her pokêtch; it had only been a few minutes since they’d parted from Reina and Gene. The restaurant workers were fast, and the service was smooth! Shiro and Colored were following her lead, but if they’d permit, they had time for another quick detour. She waved her gifted seals in front of the duo, “The Café’s having a special where we can get these pokéball seals, but apparently, we need a seal case and ball capsules to use them.”

She gestured to a large building across from the café, the same building where she noted Shiro could have bought a swimsuit. “We can purchase what we need over there; I want to check out the ball capsules and Shiro needs to buy himself a swimsuit.”

At the mention of swimwear, Esther jumped in exclamation, “Oh! did you have a swimsuit Colored?”

Pokéball x2

11:49 AM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

“Sir, here’s your drink. Your food will be here in a minute.”

The waiter had returned to Dustin’s table after he had finished up with Esther. She said she waiting on a pizza, but ended up attempting to leave the restaurant. His guess was that she was heading to the beach. However, as Esther was stopped by someone at the door, Indigo was tugging on his shirt to go battle. Seeing as she was still there and that it would be more fun than waiting around eating alone, Dustin told the waiter if they could get his food to go. Fortunately, they said it was fine and after paying the bill, Dustin was free to go once he got his food. Carrying a relatively large bag, Dustin headed to the door. He went through the same process as Esther since he also got a sizzling burger, before actually barging outside.

“Alright! You’re still here, thank Arceus! I got my food to go so I can battle right now actually.”

Dustin made his presence known with an explanation. However, he paused when he saw them in the middle of conversation about swimwear. He mentally cursed his loud mouth.

“Uhh… or are y’all boutta do something else right now?”

Genevieve gave up at this point... she didn't like anything here, and Reina wasn't going to let up with this charade. She pouted, crossing her arms as she walked to the side as she waited for Reina to pick out clothes for her. She'd rather just wear these clothes for a while than put on any of the stuff here, put she didn't get the liberty of choice here. Sam also woke up finally, hovering down and rubbing his eyes, then yawning. He just thought "When did they get in a thrift shop"?

"Fine. You pick. Just not the dress. It's ugly."

Reina sighed, she didn't want to make Gene upset. "Okay, how about we try another store? Let me pay for this first."

She walked over to the counter, where the cashier seemed to be unable to look at Reina's face, but would look away when their eyes would meet. The trainer handed over the proper amount for her new shirt and shot the young man a smile before walking away with his eyes glued to her as she did so. Meanwhile, Diva had gotten bored, as someone who doesn't really wear clothes, she had gone through the hat collection a few times before deciding she was ready to leave, running after Reina and Gene as they left the store.

"So, anything around here that catches your attention? There's clothing for trainers, surfing, casual wear, summer..." Reina pointed at the row of shops lined up in front of them. "At the end there's an ice cream shop, we can get some when we're finished!"

"I don't want new clothes. I like these ones. None of the ones in there were good. All made of weird stuff, felt weird to touch. Should just group up again."

Genevieve began walking again, trying to find that café everyone else had gone to... all the browsing and being disappointed with what she was seeing had made her very hungry, even if it hadn't even been that long. Sam was also hungry, but not for the same reasons, he just really wanted some food. He never really exerted much energy, but he needed it nonetheless, and food was how you got it. He absolutely was a foodie, and it didn't really matter to him how he got to taste it... like, would people really notice if suddenly one little pastry disappeared seemingly out of nowhere? He thought not, and he wasn't afraid to make use of these convienences... or moreso make them himself...

Esther

As luck would have it, hardly a minute after they’d left the store, Dustin caught up with them. Esther raised an eyebrow curiously, but as he spoke her expression relaxed into a smile. “We’ve got a bit of shopping to do before meeting up with some friend,” she confirmed. It would be a few minutes more until the promised battle could occur, though with that said, Esther mentally tallied all the tasks their little group needed to do: she wanted to check out the ball capsule & seal case sales, Shiro needed a swimsuit, Colored potentially would as well, they all needed to change and they needed to re-group with Reina and Genevieve.

“Hmmm,” Esther tucked her meal under her arm while she brought up her Pokétch and gave Reina a call. Although they had a beach date, it was important to figure out what they’d be doing afterward. If they were staying in Olivine they’d need to book rooms at the PokéCenter or an Inn, furthermore, despite agreeing to travel with Reina, Esther didn’t know exactly where they were going.

It was time to make some plans.

Pokéball x2

Reina sighed and let her arms drop, giving up on the attempt to get Gene new clothes. "Fine, we can leave those for now."

She began to walk after Gene, the bag with her new shirt on one hand and the other hand looking through her phone. Diva skipped along, full of joy for finally having left such a boring store. Reina was about to take a picture of her fairy Pokemon skipping around, but then the incoming call from Esther came in. The screen showed a picture of Esther half asleep, taken by Rotom.

"Yellow!" Reina had learned to say the color instead of hello during her trip to Unova. "Are you done? We're finished shopping, unless... I think we're going to need one of those inflatable boats. There's like a store up ahead for surfing and stuff, maybe I should get it there, what do you think?"

Esther

“Hi...?” As Reina picked up the phone, Esther was immediately confused.

What was she even going on about? ‘Yellow? Inflatable boats?’ It took a moment for the Oblivian to parse meaning from those words. She had checked the map of Johto before they docked and she could still remember the first major towns that flanked Olivine, the only one that required travel by boat was, ‘So we’re headed to Cianwood?’

That answered one of her questions.

“We’ve got most of our food, but I’m waiting for a large pizza.”

Wait, hold on... ‘A store that sells surfing and stuff?’ Esther swapped over to video-call and pointed her pokétch’s camera to capture the store they were heading into—which also sold surfing and stuff.

“Is that the store you’re talking about?” She hadn’t spotted Reina or Gene along the street they were on, but if this was the same store then they could’ve easily been on another street with the store between them. ”I think we should meet up inside and hash things out.”

Pokéball x2

"Sure, we will hash things, I'm heading there!"

Hash things out? Did Esther want to battle? Reina wouldn't mind, she just thought it was odd for her to suggest such a thing in a store. She put her phone away and grabbed Gene's hand, fearing she might get swept away by a Drifloom, something Reina couldn't go through, again. Instead she focused on the good things, like the Pidgey flying over them and some Krabby going at it at the beach.

"Look that's the store!" Reina called out, walking a bit faster to get to their destination. "We're going to hash things out." She said with hope that Gene knew what that meant.

???

As the small group of people conversed outside the café, a small blue and black blur was rapidly approaching. The creature felt the wind hit his face and the sand flying off the ground beneath his feet, his bright yellow eyes narrowing on his target, the bag carried by the man named Dustin. The smell of the content inside tickled the nose of the blue and black beast, who licked his lips as he prepared himself to jump. Then suddenly, with blinding speed and without any warning, the Shinx leaped at the bag, sinking his teeth into the hot dog that was inside before yanking it off the hand of its previous holder. Not giving the people around him any time to react, the dubious little creature ran off to enjoy it's spoils.

However, in hot pursuit of the first blur, was a second much larger blur. Not a second after the pokemon stole the bag off Dustin, a young woman would quickly dash by the group of people. "Zap Zap get back here!" She would shout as she witnessed what had happened. Her eyes quickly darted towards Dustin. "I'll get your stuff back, don't worry sir." She reassured him before picking up speed. She appeared to be running on all fours.

Noticing the woman approaching him, the Shinx also began increasing his speed, intent on escaping.

12:01 PM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

“I guess I can just tag along, if that’s alright.”

Dustin suggested after Esther stated her current objective. The she seemed to call someone one else with her Pokétch. From the sounds of things, she and her friend were going to meet up somewhere. Dustin didn’t really mind because he had almost all the time in the world. He didn’t know where they were going shopping, but checking out some more places in Olivine sounded fun and there might be something he liked too. Plus, Dustin still had his food to eat too while he waited. At least, he did until something snatched his long hot dog right out of the bag. He watched as a rogue strange Shinx scurried away with lightning fast speed followed by a half naked woman. The only thing covering keeping her covered was some fur like cloth over her chest and a skirt as she ran on all fours like a Mightyena.

“What the fudge?! Damnit, did she want my hot dog that bad?! Get back here!”

Forgetting that the bag he was holding had been torn, Dustin ran off after the girl who was chasing the Shinx with his hot dog. Indigo and Astra just watched their foolish trainer drop all the food as he ran off. Smirking, Indigo grabbed the burger and then opened the wrapper to eat the whole thing itself. Revenge sure was tasty.

???

The chase was on, the Shinx carried his spoils in it mouth as he ran down the streets of Olivine, dodging the commonfolk who were simply goin by their day. A short distance behind, the young woman was doing the same as she slowly closed in on the runaway. "Stop running away Zap Zap! That's not yours!" She shouted, trying to get the rowdy pokemon to stop his escape. These words didn't appear to reach their target though as the Shinx continued to run away, taking a sharp turn into an alleyway. The woman let out an annoyed grunt. "Fine, if you wanna play then let's play."

Following the path the Shinx took, the woman also rounded the corner, still in hot pursuit. What she found before her was a series of toppled over trashcans and trash bags littering the path between her and the Shinx, no doubt knocked over by the rascal to slow her down. The girl simply smirked. "Did you think this was going to slow me down?" She yelled out before leaping into the air. Stepping onto the large dumpsters on the side of the alleyway, using them as stepping stones to get over the obstacles. When those ran out, the woman leaped again and grabbed on to a balcony ladder and used it to swing herself forward. "I thought you'd know me better."

Looking back at his failed attempt to foil his pursuer, the Shinx took another sharp turn when exiting the alleyway, this time back towards the direction he came from.

12:04 PM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

“What are these people?!”

Dustin shouted as he chased after the half naked woman and her Shinx with his hot dog in its mouth. As Dustin ran past the common folk, he realized how bad this looked. Especially when some seemed to recognize him as the guy from the Palosand clip that had gone trending. Now here he was chasing some random girl. People were pulling their phones out already and worst of all, there was an Officer and his Growlithe that saw the chase. Of course, the Shinx and her immodestly dressed trainer bolted by, but the Officer told him to stop.

“It’s not what it looks like, Officer! She’s trying to get my hot dog back! In the mouth of that Shinx!”

The teen pointed and shouted as he continued running. Meanwhile, Indigo continued to munch on its burger and Astra decided to finish up its fries as they nonchalantly watched the chaos unfold. Dustin probably should’ve stopped, but his adrenaline carried him forward. It was only a few seconds after did he realize the consequences.

“Ayo?!”

“The fuck?!”

Some people heard his exclamation and reacted accordingly. No one knew how to react to the scene unfolding on what was supposed to be a peaceful summer day in Olivine City. Instead of a routine afternoon, the Officer and Growlithe now had to get serious.

“Growlithe, get them!”

When Dustin turned the corner into an alleyway after hearing that, he could see the wild duo had found the garbage disposal. Trash bags were littered all over the alleyway and the place reeked. Yet, with the Growlithe and an Officer after him, Dustin had no choice but to jump in. Rather, he jumped over some bags and trash cans due to his inability to perform parkour on the level of the woman. At least, the trash would also slow down the Growlithe and Officer not far behind him. Unfortunately, the Shinx then high tailed it out of there when it saw they had gotten close. And, of course, it was running back the way it came.

“You little motherfucker!”

Last edited:

Esther

Their plans were settled, and further plans were scheduled. Esther smiled, content with the progress the group had been making. With Dustin tagging along their five-person party had grown to six, fortunately, they wouldn’t need to make arrangements for six rooms since it seemed they’d be leaving the town soon.

Unfortunately, as soon as the call ended hilarity ensued; faster than lightning, a Shinx had ambushed Dustin, sinking its teeth into his wiener. The boy clearly thought a bit too highly of his wiener, compensating for something perhaps, as he loudly misgendered the Shinx. Esther knew better, and her sharp eyes allowed her to pick out the entirely black-furred hind legs that identified it as a male. Shinx after all, were rather common in Oblivia.

It seemed that Dustin’s weeny, like Kelis’ Milkshake, brought all the boys to the yard.

As he dropped all his food to give chase, Esther followed him with her eyes. She had no stakes in the chase itself and intended to keep things that way, whipping out her own meaty burger from its bag, she unwrapped it and started off with a big bite! Next to her, Dustin’s Combusken had similar ideas as it picked up Dustin’s fallen food and chowed down.

Pokéball x2

Finally, Reina stopped pestering her with such a small matter, and was now being tugged along by Reina as they rushed to that other store. Hashing something out though... definitely had not heard that phrase before, but she kinda figured out that it meant that they were going to talk about something. Gene poked Sam, pointing over to the café, and he was in absolute bliss in thinking about all of the delicious food over there... he could smell it... burgers, hot dogs, donuts, biscuits... He didn't just want to go over there, he NEEDED to go over there.

"Sam... go get Esther. And the others. Time to talk with them. Almost time to get going."

Sam rapidly nodded, looking for any excuse to go to that café. He zoomed away, almost immediately finding the other group and waving to them. He pointed lightly at the store, then darted his eyes back and forth, rubbing his hands together. He had disappeared for a moment, only to reappear a few seconds later with a large burger in his hands. He was drooling, unable to contain his excitement as he took a bite of the burger, feeling the grease and protein filled juices flood his mouth and causing his tastebuds to tingle. He was in heaven, and he was absolutely not sorry for what he did to get such a satisfying meal...

Reina followed Sam and they quickly joined the rest of the group. "Yellow!" She called out as she approached them. "I am ready to hash it out." She wasn't but she was willing to try and figure out what it is. "Do you want to start?"

Diva walked over to Sam and looked up at his meal. It was way too greasy for her taste. She was more of a low fat diet, needing to keep her skin looking nice and beautiful and fast food didn't help with that. Her fur had to be in top shape, otherwise her fans, which she didn't have yet, would judge such a dirty coat.

???

After chasing the Shinx out of the alleyway, the remainder of the pursuit was fairly linear. The Shinx had nowhere to duck into and the woman was quickly gaining on him. With little choice left, the Electric type pokemon skid to a halt and turned around, charging his fur with electricity. Seeing this, the girl also stopped a short distance away from the pokemon. "Hey Zap Zap what do you think you're doing? Stop that right now!" She commanded. The Shinx however, refused to listen. He did not want to part ways with the food in his mouth, even if it meant attacking his own partner. As the electricity kept building, the young woman glanced at an alleyway behind the Shinx, noticing a rather large shadow approaching them. Seeing that, she smirked. "I'm warning you, you better stop of you'll be in big trouble." She warned. But once again, the Shinx wasn't listening.

As the buildup reached it's peak, the Shinx had an aggressive look on his face, like a wild beast that was being threatened. Meanwhile, the woman remained indifferent. Then suddenly, the Shinx let loose his attack... which, after traveling a short distance, began arching back and around the alleyway behind the electric type pokemon, much to his confusion. Soon, the perpetrator of this phenomenon revealed himself. The Rhydon that the pair had left behind when the chase first began stepped into view from around the corner, his drill horn spinning as it absorbed the electric type attack. He stared down the electric type, which caused the little rascal to cower slightly.

"Rhy Rhy! Good to see you. You're always a great help when Zap Zap get's too wild." The woman exclaimed with a big smile on her face. In response to this, the Rhydon simply nodded his head. The girl then crouched down in front of the Shinx. "Now now, be a good boy and drop it. I understand that you are sick of eating berries all the time but that thing doesn't belong to you." She said. Begrudgingly, the Shinx did as he was told and finally put down the hot dog. The young woman patted the pokemon's head. "See, was that really too hard?"

Genevieve was tugged along by Reina quickly, standing outside the café and looking at everyone... were there more or less people than she remembered before? She then looked at Sam, who was chowing down on that burger... he looked happy, but where did he even get it? He was constantly getting food from out of nowhere, which while it helped in the past... was it really necessary now? It confused her more than anything.

"...Esther, did you give him that? Probably not. He just gets food randomly. It confuses me."

Sam looked at Gene and shrugged, he wasn't going to reveal his secrets. He kept digging into the huge thing, looking down at Diva, tilting his head. He didn't understand how someone couldn't like such delicious food, especially when it was so readily available for tak- I mean legally acquiring, yes. He then realized, needed more ketchup, so he grabbed the bottle off the closest table and squirted some on, much better, it needed some more sweetness. Did they really have to leave when paradise had already been found?

Last edited:

Esther

For better or worse, the Surf store's first floor followed an open concept design, with large glass panes that allowed a view of the store's surroundings, albeit obstructed by produce and people. Nevertheless, it was hard to miss the sudden lightshow as Shinx lit up with electricity.

Esther’s lips pressed into a line and her expression tightened with concern and a hint of empathy. The wild girl, whom she presumed was the owner and trainer of Shinx, was at odds with her pokémon; its thievery aside, its willingness—eagerness even—to attack its trainer to protect its ill-gotten goods was most concerning. Bad habits permitted in childhood created delinquency in adulthood, this was a universal truth, but it went twice over for pokémon.

Pokémon could gain immense power before reaching adulthood through evolution. Unlike wild pokémon, whose age and power usually grew together, pokémon in the care of trainers could see immense growth in short periods of time and this created a discrepancy as their evolution and growth was separated from their aging. Trainers who couldn’t apply a firm hand, especially to young pokémon (which Shinx likely was) only hurt their pokémon in the long run. The issue would blow up if this Shinx evolved into a Luxio, or worse yet, a Luxray, while still maintaining its penchant for banditry and attacking its trainer.

The situation reminded Esther of her own troubles with Pyrrha; much like the wild girl, she had been subject to attacks by her own pokémon. It was a small problem now since Pyrrha was unevolved but would become a huge problem later. Albeit...they didn’t seem to be in the same boat. Pyrrha was a good girl, just one that was subject to very powerful instincts—as dragons tended to have. She couldn’t be blamed for her genetic bellicosity, but she would need to learn how to control it. It was a tall task for a creature who had yet to see one winter, but smooth seas did not make skillful sailors.

Fortunately, the girl did seem to have a grasp on things; clearly, her second pokémon acted as a counterbalance to Shinx by nullifying its electric-type attacks. Ideally, she would teach Shinx not to attack at all, but until then it was a good arrangement.

With Reina’s arrival, the entire group sans Dustin (he was so slow) had gathered.

“Ah, yes! We’re headed towards Cianwood, right? I just wanted to confirm, so we know what we’re doing.”

While she awaited Reina’s response, she turned to answer Genevieve’s question.

“Hmm? No, I didn’t—” Esther paused, her eyes scanning Sam and the burger he’d suddenly acquired.

“Where did he...”, but it was obvious where he had.

“Oh no, he didn’t!”, but it was very obvious that he had.

Esther groaned and sighed, then she leveled a glare at the thieving Phantump.

“He probably stole that, and we can’t allow that. C’mon, let’s go pay for it.”

Pokéball x2

Last edited:

Sam would continue to nod as everyone discussed exactly where they were going, continuing to indulge himself with such a rare treat. This satisfied expression on his face soon turned to shock and terror, and if he had food in his mouth still, likely a look of choking as well. He had never been caught before, he had no clue to how to respond to this! He zipped in front of Esther, rapidly shaking his head at her, it's not like he got caught by the people who made the food, they might have just thought they made a mistake! They probably had made another one already, so it's not like the person it was intended for didn't get one too! He just rapidly made multiple signals saying "DON'T", he wasn't prepared to face the consequences of such an action! He could go to prison! Could Pokémon go to prison? If they could, he would definitely go there if they let this slip!

"Sam... all those times you got food... did you steal it?" Genevieve asked, tilting her head very slightly. Oh no. She had become self-aware. Sam then flew in front of Genevieve, trying to do the same thing he did to Esther, but... he couldn't do the same for her, so in silence and shame, he lightly nodded, sighing due to his past sins. All of those runs to the patisserie were now going to be seen as frivolous crimes now... was it so wrong wanting food that badly, but not being able to afford it?

"Oh that's not good, if you steal, your hand is going to fall off." Reina shook her head. "Come on Gene, let's go pay and get some snacks for the trip."

Reina took Gene's hand and gave a 'shame on you' look towards Sam. Besides, she didn't understand why there were people chasing a poor hungry Shinx, it was just a hot dog. Hopefully that mess would get settled while they paid for Sam's food. Diva on the other hand was loving it, she liked to see the others get in trouble, made her look more innocent.

"Anything you want while we're in here? Cold coffee sounds really good right now. My dad used to make me coffee every morning ever since I was ten. Maybe that's why I'm so active all time. Of course, now I know that's not a good thing, so you can get a soda? Lemonade would be good also."

12:07 PM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

“Finally!”

Panting, Dustin eventually caught up to the half naked woman and her Pokémon. It appeared her Rhydon had gone around and arrived just in time to stop her devious little Shinx. Dustin reached them just in time to see the Shinx spot out his hot dog. He was disgusted. His hot dog had saliva all over it and looked chewed on. There was no way he or any of his Pokémon could eat that now. However, before he could even utter a complaint, the footsteps of the Growlithe and Officer caught up to them. Fortunately, the Pokémon didn’t tackle him to the ground and instead did its little barks.

“Alright, so I’m going to need to you two explain yourselves right now and give me a reason not to take both of you in for disturbing the peace.”

Of course, the Officer spoke in an authoritative voice and rested his hand on a holster by his waist. He was being for real. Further back, Dustin could even see some people on the other side of alleyway recording the scene on their phones. It seemed like either way, this was going to be posted all over, so Dustin figured he might as well make the best of it.

“Uhh, sorry about that, Officer. M-my friend over here is new to the region and her Shinx got excited. It took my hot dog, so we tried to get it back. We didn’t mean to cause any trouble. S-sorry again.”

Dustin stuttered out another apology and bowed, hoping the Officer would buy his excuse. It wasn’t the whole truth, but not also a complete lie either. If he had said her Shinx had stolen his hot dog, that could’ve caused some more legal trouble for her and less time having fun for him. At least this way, they could possibly sweep things under the rug and get on with their day. The blonde gave the woman a sight glance, hoping she understood this as the Officer nodded before eyeing her fashion choice curiously.

“Eh, is this true, Ma’am?”

Last edited:
???

Just as the woman picked the ruined hotdog up from the ground, she noticed the guy who the food belonged to in the first place run up behind her. "Oh hey it's you! I got your-" But before she could finish her thought, the girl was interrupted by a bark. Following that, a man in some sort of uniform and his dog pokemon walked up to the man and began talking down to him. The young woman didn't really know what was happening but she did overhear Dustin claim she was a friend of his. "Oh wow, I didn't know he considered me a friend already. I was simply trying to return something Zap Zap stole from him." She mumbled to herself.

Following that, the man in uniform moved onto her and seemed to be eyeing her up and down. However, the girl was distracted in her own mind and didn't noticed. She was snapped back to reality when the policeman spoke up. "Huh?" Due to being lost in space, the young woman was completely lost in the conversation. As such, she did what everyone does when they have to comment on something they were not following, simply agree to whatever it is and move on. "Yeah yeah sure." She said nonchalantly then took a step towards Dustin. "Here's your food back, sorry about that." She said with an innocent smile on her face, handing the wiener back to the man.

The hot dog however, was in rough shape. The bread was soaked in slobber, the meat was crushed where it was bit and the whole thing has scorch marks from the electricity that was generated when Shinx attempted to use an attack.

12:09 PM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

“Well, I guess that’s cleared up then. Just don’t go running amuck again or next time I won’t be as lenient. One last thing, put on some clothes. If you don’t have any, the Surf’s store is somewhere nearby. Have a nice day.”

With that, although the officer raised an eyebrow at the woman’s response, he let them off the hook before departing. He also warned her to cover herself up a bit further. To be fair, they were near a beach, so there also other people lightly dressed. However, none of them had been running on all fours. Dustin glanced at the strange girl and then his hot dog in disgust. There was no point in him taking that now.

“You can keep it.”

Dustin responded in a disappointed manner. The woman didn’t even seem to think anything was wrong with the hot dog hands. He wondered if she would actually eat it herself. That would be a whole new of strangeness. Dustin didn’t want to press the issue, so he just let her have it. Then he could head back to Esther and the others. They were actually headed somewhere shopping if he remembered correctly, which gave Dustin an idea.

“Oh, and I’m heading to the Surf store. So, you can follow me if you wanted to check out what that officer suggested. You can also use that as an opportunity to pay me back for the hot dog too.”

Offering her the suggestion to follow him to the Surf store, Dustin would wait a bit to see if she would answer before heading back himself.

Olivine City, Johto, July 18
All in all... Glacier isnt as patient as his Trainer.
The moment they left cafe and were about to go their way, he rushed forward and skipped through people to the shop. In the end, Shiro ran after him and didnt got to hear nor see anything that would of have happend later.

"Glacier!" He shouted, pushing people out of his way, but he lost the sight of a small pokemon. Damn, how does he find him now in a crowded city.. He doesnt have a flying poke-... He looked at the floor and then he got an idea, where Cubchoo would go.

Glacier was already at the beach willing to jump into the water when a pair of hands grabbed him and lifted up. "Dont you dare run away again! You Little troublemaker! We werent going to surf at the beach! We were supposed to go to the surf shop! Now, you and I better head out to meet others."

---
It took a while for Shiro and Cubchoo to reach the shop, but to their suprise.. No one was here beside them and few people he didnt recognize. "Hmm I think this was a shop they mentioned.. Maybe they already left? Or are we first here... Anyway, want to help me choose a swimsuit?" Trainer asked his pokemon.

"Cuuuup!"

Colored
Olivine City, July 18th

“Swimming...? Oh no thanks. Never learnt how and I would rather not try.”

Since she had answered her given question fairly quickly, Colored had spent most of her walk in silence while everyone else had did their own thing. Guess she’ll be herself.

But she had been looking around the city as she kept up with the group, trying to spark inspiration for any potential things to do if she was going to begin proper Contest training soon.

After all, never knew when the chance could pop up to try it out.

Rick
Tuesday, June 14th - Relic Castle, Unova

Rick took a peak inside the ruins. "Alright, so it's not scorching hot inside here, thanks very much!" He said, before taking a few steps in. "And the sand seems more compact as well. Overall... I was actually expecting much worse." He said, tapping the floor repeatedly with his foot. Iris entered soon after and started looking around.

"Don't throw fireworks just yet. Remember what that guy said about the place being dangerous? It's the only thing that came from his mouth that I believed, to be honest." Chris spoke, as Rick started walking through the corridor. "I'm well aware of it. You think this is my first time or what? " Rick responded. And just as soon as he finished, he found himself being pulled into a sand pit. Iris managed to grab Rick by the shirt's collar and pull him back to safety.

"One minute in, and you already fell for the first one." Said Chris. "You distracted me!" Rick shouted in response, before continuing. A few meters ahead, cutting a corner, he saw a flight of stairs leading to a lower floor. This time, however, he did notice the sand pit and walked around it. Iris simply jumped over it. "They won't get me in another one of those, that's for sure." He muttered as he walked down the stairs.

The next room was much smaller. "Huh... but there's nothing here. It's just a dead end." Rick muttered, scratching his chin while staring at a wall. And once again, he let himself get pulled into a sand pit. Except this time Iris also walked a bit too much into it, and so she too got pulled into it. She again grabed her trainer by the collar and tried to backpedal out, but to no avail. In hindsight though, this would turn out to be a good thing.

Rick was the first to reach the ground and on his back. He held his breath and flinched, as he saw Iris falling down moments after. Fortunately for him though, not only was the sand softer, but also Iris landed on all fours rather than just crushing him. It wouldn't be pleasant, despite her not being very heavy.

"Looks can be deceiving, eh?" Chris spoke on the headset. Rick sighed, rubbing his face as he got up. "I will admit this floor was very well hidden." He said. "Now I just hope there aren't any more of these. I prefered the stairs." He added, before continuing through the ruins.

Last edited: