• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Esther
Monday, July 18 – Olivine Café, Olivine City, Johto Region​

Esther quietly took a step back and let Reina take over with Genevieve and Sam. The relationship between the two was yet unknown, but the child was traveling with Reina first and foremost and it was best that she handled any...ah, parental duties. As they took off to deal with the thieving ghost, Esther picked up where she left off with Colored.

“Are you sure? I’m a pretty good swimmer, in case you want to learn.” On Oblivia almost everyone could swim, and Esther was pretty confident in her swimming and teaching abilities. However, if the girl really wasn’t comfortable with swimming then, “If you don’t want to learn then we should at least try to get you a life vest or some floaties; by the sound of things we’ll be traveling to Cianwood via Pokémon pulled raft, and the sea is a fickle old lady—you never know what could happen.”

Pokéball x2

Initial: $6830

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Robert Dean
June 21st, 10 Years Ago
Pallet Town, Kanto

Robert wordlessly watched the fight between Mith and the enemy Grimer, fearful that uttering a command would cause his partner to lose focus. The seemingly endless dance that the two Pokémon were locked into began taking its toll on their stamina reserves. Noticing the depleted stamina of the Sludge Pokémon, the Bulbasaur saw his opportunity. The Seed Pokémon fired a green powder from his bulb, which gently wafted through the air, eventually landing on the Poison type. The Grimer thrust his poisonous hand at Mith once again, only for the Fighting type to evade as he had before. The Sludge Pokémon aimed another attack but slowed down on the execution until stopping cold in his tracks, fully suffering from the effects of Bulbasaur's Sleep Powder. To make matters worse for the unconscious Poison type, the bloodthirsty Charmander from before had entered the fray, bludgeoning him with shadowy representations of her allies, each staggering him more than the last until he had awoken from his slumber. Upon noticing the Charmander's assault, Mith pondered the idea that the Fire Type would end up defeating the Grimer that
he had been fighting all of this time. Nearly gagging at the idea, the Emanation Pokémon rushed towards his opponent with renewed energy, kicking up a dust cloud behind him. After passing the Fire Type, Mith repeatedly clawed at his longtime opponent, faintly surrounded by a blue aura, eventually felling the Poison type after the seventh claw strike.

"Good job Mith!" Robert cheered for his Pokémon after watching the final blow of the fight. Though he didn't fully grasp what allowed his Riolu to defeat the Grimer so suddenly, but he figured that it didn't really matter. Turning his attention to the thieves from before, Robert calculated what he would do in the event that one of them had an extra Pokémon. Fortunately, these calculations wouldn't be needed.

"Put your hands in the air! You're under arrest!" A blue haired woman dressed in a police uniform accompanied by a familiar fiery puppy yelled at the two thieves. Thankfully, one of the bystanders had enough sense to call in the cops, and the exploits of Robert and Sorrel seemed to be sufficient in preventing them from making a clean getaway. One of the thieves threw up his hands in resignation, with the other following suit soon after. Though the red-haired child was satisfied to see the thieves caught, he was still unnerved about the fate of the papers that started this whole incident.

July 18, Olivine City, Jotho
???

The young woman gave a confused towards the officer as he walked off. "But I am wearing clothes." She said to herself in a whispered voice. Brushing that aside, the girl turned back to Dustin just as the man informed her that she is free to keep the hot dog. "Whoa really? Thanks! Zap Zap come say thank you." She called out. Slowly moving the up, the Shinx gave the man a reluctant bow, still upset about being lectured. "Let's not do that again alright? If you're hungry we can figure something out without causing trouble to any kind strangers we might meet." The woman said to her pokemon as she lowered the hot dog back into his reach. Without a second to waste, the Shinx began digging into the sausage and bread.

The girl watched her pokemon bit down on the piece of food with a smile when Dustin spoke up again. She took a moment to understand his words. "Uh, sure." She answered, not fully understanding what was asked. But hey, this guy has been very nice to her so far so she didn't see any harm in following him.

July 18, Monday - Olivine City, Johto, Genevieve

Sam was mortified, what did Reina mean by his hands would fall off?! He couldn't afford for that to happen, he already had no hands, he didn't want his hand count to be in the negatives! He reluctantly followed along... he didn't ever want to be found out for something like this, especially after 3 years of "free samples" with no consequences. At least it was only the... third time he had taken something from that café, imagine if he got caught at that patisserie back in Shalend... he would never be allowed to be free from the clutches of these very overbearing people... probably forced to do some unbearable type of torture like discipline training...

Genevieve, while being dragged along, watched around as the issue with the Shinx was being resolved. She didn't really recognize the Pokémon from afar though... while Reina did know some things, it might've been better to ask someone else about this matter. After hearing how long she had been drinking coffee... yeah that absolutely checked out. She politely shook her head in response to wanting something to drink. After paying for Sam's meal, she tugged on Reina's arm, looking up at her.

"Rei... don't be mad at him. He can't help it. Sam loves food, but... never been able to afford it. Didn't know he was stealing... but... it fed us. It's like... battling. It's not good, but... sometimes, it's necessary. Wouldn't be here if... it weren't for Sam... stealing food... for a long time. Don't be mad... it's hard... to break that habit."

12:12 PM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

With the woman following him, Dustin made his way back to Esther in the group. The first thing he noticed was that Indigo seemed to be just about done with something. His burger! While it seemed like his steak was left untouched, the bastard had just the entire burger. That was supposed to be for Aeos now that the hot dog was gone. Dustin just let out an annoyed moan as he picked up his steak before looking at Esther and the brown-haired girl she was speaking with. They were discussing traveling over the water it sounded like and so Dustin chimed in.

“Why don’t y’all just take a ferry or something to Cianwood? They got that, right? And yeah, I’m back without my hot dog. The Police came after us and then told the girl to go to that Surf shop for clothes. That’s why she’s with me.”

Dustin rattled off before pausing to find the half naked woman. He looked back to find her not too far behind and then asked her a simple question.

“Hey, what’s your name?”

Esther

“That’s a good point, why don’t we take a ferry?” Esther turned to her Pokétch; the voice-command-activated personal assistant was the perfect tool for answering questions like this. “Alexis, when’s the next ferry going from Olivine to Cianwood.”

Bzt~* The next Ferry to Cianwood will be in 2 days; the whirlpools that lie between Cianwood and Olivine create risk for ferries, as such the number of ferries traversing the route is limited, and they only travel on Sundays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays. *~Bzt

“Well, there you have it.”

Pokéball x2

12:13 PM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

“That sounds like cap.”

The fact that there was only a ferry to Cianwood on the weekends and Wednesday seemed weird. Why just those three days and not the rest of the week? Dustin wanted to question it, but he doubted Alexis would be of much help. It was still smart of Esther to ask the device. Still, the information could be out of date or something. People could go out for a swim there, with it without a Pokémon, after all.

“Isn’t it even more dangerous for people to just be swimming there? I heard people actually like swim near the Whirl Islands. But hey, that seems like it would be a thrill! I wonder if they’d let me Mantine Surf all the way there. Could just pay someone to fly there too…”

Dustin had heard a lot about the Whirl Islands when he lived in Hoenn. The area known for its numerous whirlpools wasn’t exactly a tourist destination, but it was still one of the storied places. This was due to the many stories that were told. Rumor said that families of Lugia lived there, probably deep underwater. Apparently, there were underwater caves as well as some other unsolved mysteries. The blonde-haired teen was beginning to feel intrigued about what the Whirl Island might have to offer.

“Wait, Essy, hope you don’t mind me calling you that, but are you all just going straight to Cianwood or you gonna explore the Whirl Islands a bit too?”

Esther rolled her eyes, "Alexis, what's the reasoning behind the Olivine-Cianwood Ferry schedule?"

Bzt~* Retrieving Article...

'The amount of human traffic passing through Olivine Port is extremely high, it is both the largest port in Johto and the main international port.

The number of people and cargo passing along a route determines the scheduling of ships; it's simple supply and demand.

Many of the Port's ships take on these duties, transporting goods or people to other regions. One example of this is the S.S. Aqua, which travels between Olivine and Vermillion City in Kanto; it's a large ship which makes frequent trips and that reflects the frequency of travel between the Kanto and Johto regions.

These trips are very profitable for the companies that run them, because the luxury accommodations of ships like the S.S. Aqua means they can charge higher prices.

Such trips are not feasible between Olivine and Cianwood because there exist a large number of whirlpools, and primarily, a large number of rocks and reefs that prevent large ships from passing through. Projects to remove these rocks have been proposed but eventually scrapped since the demand for such luxury trips were low and the costs would be more than could be recouped in profit.

Travel between Olivine and Cianwood is proportionally lower than travel between Olivine and other regions.

The two major draws of Cianwood City are its Gym and the nearby Safari Zone. Both of a these attractions cater to trainers and not the general population. As a result, there isn't a large desire for people, other than trainers, to go to Cianwood.

Furthermore, Cianwood is not frequently choose as a starting point for the Silver Conference, meaning that most trainers traveling toward Cianwood do so for their fourth or later badges; this, in turn means that these trainers usually have their own means of travel via Pokémon and thus they aren't inclined to utilize public transport.

As a result of these many factors, ships traveling from Olivine to Cianwood are often not at maximum capacity, which directly translates to less profit, and at times, trips are even run at a net loss. Companies are less than willing to make such unprofitable trips daily, so they limit the number of trips. This resulting in more people on each trip and the companies make more profits for less expense.

Conversely, Ferries going in the opposite direction, from Cianwood to Olivine, are more common; however, since Cianwood possesses a low population compared to other Johto cities, daily trips are simply not required to meet the demand.

*~Bzt

TL;DR, daily trips weren't needed and they didn't make as much money, so it wasn't done. That sounded perfectly reasonable. Esther would've been content to leave it that but Dustin immediately went on to make a very concerning suggestion. She briefly wondered if she should make a call to one of those suicide-help lines on Dustin's behalf. He apparently wanted to surf into some whirlpools.

"Alexis, how dangerous are the whirlpools around the Whirl Islands."

Bzt~*

The Whirl Islands are a small archipelago that lay between Cianwood and Olivine city, primary known for their annual water type tournament—the Whirl cup.

The islands inhabited by people are not known to be surrounded by whirlpools. However, there do exist islands within the archipelago surrounded by constant whirlpools and these are believed to have been created by the legendary Pokémon Lugia.

These whirlpools are extremely dangerous and drown many feckless trainers each year. They are classified as a high danger zone by the Pokémon League, and are perhaps second only to Mt. Silver in trainer mortality.

*~Bzt

Esther turned to give Dustin a flat look that asked, 'are you and idiot?' After all, the boy didn't appear to have any water type Pokémon. She supposed he intended to brave the rapids with the powers of God and anime on his side.

"I do mind, stick to Esther for now," she frowned at his use of her nickname. It wasn't that she disliked the name, but it held some sentimental value that he had yet to earn. "and I don't know, I'll have to talk with Reina and the others first. The Whirl cup does sound interesting, so I'm sure I can sell them on it."

???

Trailing behind Dustin, the girl stopped right outside the so called 'Surf Shop' biting down on what appeared to be a half eaten hot dog. Her eyes darted back and forth across the many aisles of the establishment from the clear glass windows. The various items of the shop fascinated the young woman like she has never seen anything like it before. Soon, he gaze fell on the various people outside the shop, specifically the people who she passed by earlier when her Shinx stole Dustin's hot dog. It seemed the man was acquainted with them. "Huh, this is a pretty big gathering of people." She mumbled to herself.

When she heard Dustin as her for her name, the woman realized she hadn't introduced herself yet. "Oh yeah, umm." She rubbed her chin, lowered her head and shut her eyes, thinking for a moment. "Oh right Savannah! That's what auntie and the others calls me." She answered with a jolt.

Last edited:

Esther

‘Was that the same hot dog her Shinx had in its mouth?’, Esther’s face went wan with disgust as she watched the wild girl heedlessly chow down on her hot dog. ‘Even if you wanted to share food with your pokémon, this ain’t it chief.’

Pokéball x2

Olivine City, Johto (July 18th)
Having kept a contact for Pokesketch from Emma, Desmond had decided to venture the region on his own once more. She had been a valued ally and dare say it, a friend, but Desmond had wanted to avoid sticking in one place for too long and as it had stood the photographer had a lot of ground in Johto to cover.

His arrival in Olivine had been rather uneventful so far, which is how he preferred it. But that had been about to change as some noises signaled some sort of commotion. A minor one, but Desmond had a bad feeling rise in his gut, given his previous encounter with a self-professed "supervillain" he doubted this noise had been anymore encouraging.

And when he had caught sight of what that was, he proved to be right.

He turned by the "Surf shop" of sorts and saw a group of people chatting, and upon the group seemed to be someone with a large Rhydon who seemed to catch an electric strike in its horn. Seeing the large Ground Type, Desmond's face had turned a shade of white as it paled in response and that shiver crossed his body.

Alright, not to late to just turn around...nobody has seen you yet...

"Poli!"

"Krick!"

Desmond's efforts to avoid the crowd of Trainers had been thwarted as first his Politoed had released itself, seeing the other Pokemon drew its curosity as it hopped happily over to them. And not far behind, the newfound Kricketune had also released itself to join its new friend.

"W-wait I...d-damn it all..." Desmond said with a sigh, defeated as he sheepishly walked over to get his mon as they inspected the others the Rhydon in particular closely.

Olivine City, Johto, 18th July, Surf Shop, (Glacier Supremacy)

In a meantime, Shiro at first unaware of the commotion outside decided to search for some good swimming trunks for himself. While he did so, Glacier. Being an amazing, cute and helpful pokemon he is decided to help and searched them along his Trainer.

'Hmm.. Blue does seem like a nice colour.. Or Maybe white?' Shiro thought to himself looking at various Versions of swimwear and when he felt a soft pull on his trousers. He turned around to see Glacier with his paws behind its back.

"Yes Glacier? Found some swimwear that you thought its cool?" He asked curious with a smile and curious what Glacier found. A pokemon showed his right paw first that hold a white swimming trunks with a blue snowflakes patterns.
"Umm.. Its really nice but I think it would.. Bring quite a lot of attencion, dont you think?" He asked his Little pokemon and as he took the swimming Wear from its right paw. Glacier showed the left one... Yes left one was... Special... Yea and... Eyecatching.. To say the least.
It was kinda.. Oh, who am I kidding. Children come to those shops, who makes a swimming trunks like those???
'Where did I went wrong when I was raising you?' Shiro asked in his mind, but a cute, confused tilt of the head of his pokemon reminded him that Cubchoo is still Just but a baby.
A cute Little child he raised since he was an egg. He just couldnt stay mad...

"You know..On second thought I really like those snowflake trunks. I think that i will keep them." said the boy with a soft smile and he made Cubchoo So happy he got tackle to a hug by his pokemon, which he hugged back.
'I will protect your innocence' His Trainer decided with a newly found resolve and took the... Evil trunks away.

After the hug, when Shiro was trying On new swimming trunks. Cubchoo noticed a Group of Familiar and unfamiliar faces in front of the shop.

Cubchoo with a green scarf ran up outside to them and waved his paw at his new great friends Esther, Coloured, new people and pokemon with a happy cries of a cute Little bear pokemon.

Acacia Song. June 21st, 10 years ago. Pallet Town, Kanto

It looked like Acacia’s eyes were bigger than his stomach, or whatever the proper analogy would be for this instance. One thing, however, remained certain: the laboratory filled with tear-inducing fumes was a far more daunting foe than the last time he had splurged for an extra large slice of cake.

“Any ideas?” He glanced at the growlithe that shook its head. “Didn’t think so…”

Crap, I should’ve stuck with the others. Fighting those robbers would’ve been a breeze…. Wait… now there’s an ide!. Having finally come up with a plan Acacia’s whole demeanor changed. He ran his tongue along his smirking lips as his devilish eyes fixated on a tree just a few yards away. That’ll do just fine.

It didn’t take long for the boy to leave behind a wake of destruction. The confines of his small pack had been messily poured all over the ground while the once proud tree had been stripped of both branches and dignity. And the reason for all this? The construction of one janky-ass looking pinwheel strung together by branches and Acacia’s spare clothes.

It’s perfect. Though most would discard the sight as nothing more than trailer park garbage, Acacia contently grinned his creation and carried it over to the entrance of the lab. “Alright Windie, give me some heat.” The puppy complied and slightly opened its muzzle to release a steady flow of embers. The rising heat was caught the angled propellers and soon enough the fan was working as intended, twirling rapidly as it blew away the toxic fumes. It seemed like a success at first, Acacia had gotten rid of what he had perceived to be the only obstacle, though the smoke proved to be nothing more than a cloak for the true danger that laid ahead.

“You little shit!” The admonishment rang throughout the entry laboratory.

In front of a desk covered in dripping notes and a now broken computer stood a woman whose fiery crimson hair had been soaked and matted down, nearly covering her icy blue eyes. When not entirely drenched she was a rather intimidating woman, dressed in a high collared dark gray Oxford that’s low buttons indicated a great confidence in her figure while maintaining an air of professionalism. Her pants were something she wore for comfort, the loose fitting black slacks would wave with each stride and show a glimpse of her tanned legs. And she was tall, taller than most men even without the help of her shinning black heels. However, all these were things that Acacia would notice later. For now, flames of rage flicked within his golden eyes as he stared fixated at what laid beneath her feet: a flailing squirtle stuck helplessly on its shell while she pressed a heel into its skull.

“And who the hell are you?” The woman spoke first upon noticing the entrance of the boy, her hawklike eyes piercing straight through him as she grew increasingly annoyed by the appearance of another hiccup to their plan.

“No.” Acacia spoke softly, his voice hardly a whisper as he allowed his anger to overpower his fear. His fist clenched and Windie stood by his side ready to pounce. “Who are you?”

July 18, Monday - Olivine City, Johto. Reina, current rank, 35,589.

"I'm not mad. But, Sam or you never need to rely on that again as long as I'm around, you can have all the food that you need." Reina shot the two a soft smile as she paid the cashier. "By the way I ordered some sandwiches to go. Why don't we go wait outside?"

Reina led them outside of the building, were they had seemed to have another new member in the group, one with a very odd outfit.

"I like your outfit." Reina told the naked woman before turning her attention to the incoming Politoad. "Oh are these your Pokemon? They're adorable."

Diva seemed to be about to pass out. How many more people? Was there a limit? Were Reina and Diva way too popular now? Why couldn't they go back to just being the two of them, maybe Colored and Gene... Diva's eyes lit up as an idea came to her mind. Maybe they were becoming famous! This meant, cute outfits, great food and fans all over the world. Yes, it was finally happening, she welcomed it all. The Clefairy began to dance around joyfully, taking in the attention, loving the increasing fame.

"A-actually that is miiinnnnneee..."

Desmond had spoken up when he walked over to his Politoed and his Kricketune when the question came up of whose Politoed that had been but he had to abruptly shift his gaze as there seemed to be a scantly clad girl on the street which had only made this situation more awkward.

"Do I...even ask what the context of this is?" Desmond asked the group by the surf shop though thankfully whatever fluster he might've felt at this sight had quickly been washed away by fear of the Rhydon nearby.

"Poli!" Politoed cried out as it was complimented as being cute, and even the Kricketune seemed to brush its appendges for a happy little greeting tune to the group as Desmond focused back on them and sighed.

"Please n-not now." Desmond sighed as he pinched the bridge of my nose. "Apologies my Pokemon here are a bit too curious for their own good." Desmond said to the group.

Last edited:

12:14 PM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

“Oh, my bad. I won’t call you that.”

It seemed like the girl didn’t like the nickname, so Dustin simply apologized. Before that, she had gone on to have Alexis explain to him the reasoning behind the schedule. He didn’t really mind the looks and responses she had, but wondered if that was just her normal attitude. Dustin didn’t think too much of it and just thought about what was said about the Whirl Islands.

“And I was just thinking about going to the Whirl Islands too, since it sounds intriguing. If you don’t go, that’s still cool.”

The blonde would probably go on his own if they didn’t end up going. To be honest, he wasn’t really sure if he would be traveling with them. Their group dynamics seemed seemed a bit off. He just wanted to have fun and be able to chill with others. So far, he could tell the brown-haired girl already seemed a bit distant when it came to traveling over water. Another woman had arrived with who Dustin presumed to be her daughter. She just straight up ignored him for Savannah. That was the name of the half-naked girl.

“Nice to meet you, Savannah. I’m Dustin and glad you’re enjoying that hot dog…”

With a slight turn of the head, Dustin had looked over to Savannah in order to greet her. For some reason she thought it was a wise idea to be eating the torn up, slimy hot dog that had been in her Sphinx’s mouth. Another thing that caused him to raise an eyebrow was that she said her name was the one her Aunt and others call her. In that case, maybe Savannah was just a nickname, but it still seemed off. However, Dustin’s short attention span was in full swing as he then noticed a Cubchoo with a green scarf appear. It was most definitely from the boy the girls abandoned earlier. Well, now there was another guy wondering what the hell was going on with Savannah clothing choices or lack thereof.

“Yeah, man, that’s what we all wanna know. It doesn’t seem like that’s supposed to be swimwear, unlike the other girls walking around here. That’s why the police told her to come here. You have any other clothes, Savannah?”

Responding to the new trainer with the Politoad and Kricketune, Dustin then shifted a question back to Savannah. He wondered if maybe the woman was actually drunk or high. Maybe both. Meanwhile, his Kirlia, Astra went up to the Cubchoo and glanced at its green scarf curiously. The Kirlia was a bit bored, so it was interested in the scarf and gave a little notice to communicate it looked nice. Meanwhile, Indigo, his Combusken, finished up its burger and then stared at the new Pokémon arrivals, such as the Politoad and Kricketune, seemeding to size them up.

Savannah

Still nonchalantly chomping down into the hot dog she held, the woman who finally introduced herself as Savannah turned towards Reina as she called her attention by complementing her outfit. "Oh thanks, this skirt is a gift from the people at the village but I made this top myself. Carved it out of a Tauros's fur." She replied, very casual about the info she just dropped.

Following that, Savannah turned her eyes upon the green frog pokemon that had made its way to the scene. "Nah this one isn't mine, unless it started following me without me knowing." She replied. Soon enough, the actual owner of the Politoed showed up. "Ah, that makes more sense."

Finally, she turned back to Dustin to answer his question. "Other clothes? No, I don't."

Last edited:

As a Combusken approached Desmond had almost on reflex sheepishly shuffled back as his two Pokemon looked at the Fire bird with curosity. Politoed of course had a big grin on its face and happily bounced to it.

"Poli~!" Politoed said happily almost as an introduction tot he Comnusken. The Kricketune in turn waved a friendly appendage at it as Desmond just tried not to let the lack of color in his face show.

Course, he had overheard the girl who looked like she walked out of a wild boy production and the topic of a "village" came up and mention of Tauros fur she seemed to be as that only seemed to compound his confusion & alarm.
W-what is she like tribal or something?

Desmond tried to focus on the scene around him. A Kirlia from one trainer seemed to be inspecting the Cubchoo of another, more people seemed to exit the Surf Shop to the street and from what Desmond gathered they seemed to be somewhat familiar with each other; if to varied degrees.

"Soo, you guys some big group or something?" Desmond asked, as he tried to least get some basic info on just what his eyes laid upon here.

Genevieve was happy that Reina was at least showing a little mercy towards Sam, and Sam was relieved to hear that he wasn't going to get absolutely demolished... and that he was still going to get more food! His burger was luckily not confiscated either, so that meant he still got to eat the delectable treat that was now no longer stolen. His face lit up for every single bite he took, and he didn't care what the people around him thought, he was going to enjoy every last bite. Upon regrouping, Genevieve noticed that there were way more people... like, WAY more, almost an intolerable amount. She would've been okay, but then she saw Zap Zap. While the color was different, she knew what the Pokémon was, and immediately got scared, forcibly separating herself from Reina as she ran back inside.

"Shinx... Shinx... need to stay away... scary... mom around somewhere... can sense me..."

The Shinx of her homeland were scary, not on their own, but because if you saw one, that meant that a Luxray was nearby, and they were very territorial. If you so much as approached them, you were likely already in great danger if you didn't retreat immediately. So that's what she did, doing her best to not be seen.

July 18,Olivine City, Johto

"Cuppp!" Glacier cried out with happiness and Pride as it showed Kirlia his scarf. It was his most treasured Gift. He remembered it as if it was yesterday. In fact, It was a day he was born.

It was cold, and white everywhere. Baby Pokemon eyes were still a bit underdeveloped and he saw the world in Blurs.. He remembered a person with a black blur (hair). Shiro took care of him and took with him.. Then those black things attacked. Shiro protected him.. Some red Blurs were visible. Then a huge green-red blur Appeard in a sky and beated the black things!

It took some time to learn what all of those Blurs were. Shiro protected Glacier with his own body in a cold mountain when mightienas pack attacked them and they were saved by Shiro adoptive dad and his green salamence.

So when Cubchoo saw a green scarf in shop, he simply begged to have it! He will be as strong as salamence and will be the one to protect Shiro from everything next time!
The scarf was a proof of his resolve and Cubchoo was proud to be able to tell about it and show it.

And So in all his cries and happy noises, he tried to Express all of those emotions and resolve to his new pokemon friend.

Meanwhile Shiro looked around the shop as he finally noticed that Cubchoo dissapired again. "Glacier? GLACIER!"

"Hey I know you!" Reina's eyes lit up as she noticed Desmond. "You were in the bug catching contest right? I'm Reina Cortez, we are traveling to the other side of the ocean and I guess our group is gathering attention. You're welcome to join us, we just need to-"

The trainer stopped as she saw Gene ran back inside. Confused, she gave Desmond and apologetic smile before going back inside to look for the missing Genevieve. It wasn't hard to find her though, she just followed the eyes of the strangers inside looking at the girl that ran inside and decided to hide.

"Hey Gene, did the people outside scare you? We can take a walk away from them until we're ready to go if you want." Reina approached the little girl and leaned over to try and be at her level. "Come on, you don't have to be scared. You've seen my team, we're as tough as they come. If you want, I can even bring King, my Tauros over to..."

"Oh thanks, this skirt is a gift from the people at the village but I made this top myself. Carved it out of a Tauros's fur."

The words of the jungle girl boomed in Reina's head as she finally realized what she had said. How could someone use such a majestic Pokemon as a skirt? Reina shook her head, trying to get back to the matter at hand.

"Um, sorry, just realized something... Anyways, come on, let's go." She offered the girl her hand. "No way can anything out there beat me."

As hard as Reina would try, Gene didn't want to budge. Not while that Shinx was out there. She urged Reina to leave her be, not wanting to be seen by that Pokémon. Sam was still outside, somewhat tuning everyone out until he noticed that Gene had seemingly disappeared... that was HIS shtick! After thinking about why she would suddenly poof, he noticed Zap Zap, his like minded... acquaintance? That's when it clicked. She probably ran inside, so he poofed through the wall, and sure enough, hiding in the corner. Sam poked her, telling her to speak up.

"... Shinx are scary. Mother Luxray is always watching over their young. Send frozen hairs toward you at mach speed. From great distances. I'll go out... once the Shinx is gone."

Reina laughed a bit. "Trust me, there's no way a Pokemon like that can defeat any of my team, well maybe Diva, but that's a maybe."

Diva nodded with agreement, but then realized what Reina said and shot her an angry glare.

"Come on Gene, how are we going to travel all over the region if you're not going to trust my strength. I know I lost horribly to Claire, but she is a dragon master. A Shinx has zero chance of ever beating me, or their mom. Besides look..."

Reina pulled out her Rotom phone, displaying the information on the Pokemon Shinx. "They're not native here, which means that Shinx belongs to a trainer. You have nothing to be afraid of, right Sam? We can protect Gene."

12:14 PM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

“Well, I’d suggest buying some new clothes in case yours rips, but it’s up to you. I don’t know how durable Tauros skin is.”

Dustin responded to Savannah, still unsure about her reasons for lack of clothes. She did mention that her shirt was made out of Tauros skin, so perhaps she lived in a more rural area. It would probably take a bit of convincing to get her to realize that she should try on more clothes. His attention shifted from her when he saw Desmond nervously step away from Indigo. Dustin chuckled a bit at this. His Combusken always seemed to draw some sort of reaction with its randomness. It seemed like this situation was no exception.

“Don’t worry about Indigo. Unless you have food or does that something ruffles his feathers, he won’t bite at least I don’t think so. I’m Dustin by the way, nice to meet you.”

As Dustin continued his little talk with the newcomer, Desmond, Indigo continued to eye his two Pokémon. It tilted its head curiously as the Politoad and Kricketune waved at it. However, it soon understand that they were just try to say hi, so Indigo waved back with a hand of its own and smiled. Meeting new Pokémon was always cool. Astra felt the same way as it literally felt the joy emanating from the Cubchoo. The ability to completely sense the emotions around it allowed the Kirlia to understand many feelings. It sense the deep connection the Cubchoo had with the green scarf it had received not too long ago. Astra could feel the strong resolve in the Cubchoo and connect it directly to that scarf. Understanding the Cubchoo completely, the Kirlia was able to synchronize with its new companion was soon letting out joyous cries of its own before asking if it could touch the scarf.

Seemed there was least one face he sort of recognized, as Reina that girl who had been at the Bug Catching Contest was among this group which promised some slight comfort of familiarity if nothing else among this rather chaotic yet docile display on the street. Yet it was what she said this group was planning that had gotten his interest.

"Other side of the ocean? You mean like the Whirl Is..." Desmond had began to reply back before Reina cut off her as she seemed to chase something inside which Desmond had thankfully missed. He presumed it was a Pokemon of sorts or someone and well he wanted to avoid that kind of personal drama if he'd be able to afford to.

His Politoed had happily bounced as the Combusken seemed to wave back, it clapped a bit as it it tried to show a little dance for the fire type. Even amid some of the controlled chaos around it, the frog Pokemon was ever happy to show to possible new friends. Not missing a chance itself Kricketune began to produce a soft melody as the two performed for the Fire type as Desmond glanced back and seemed to sweat drop.

Well, seemed they made a new friend fast. And speak of the devil that trainer who tried to clarify some things, Dustin, seemed to open up a convo with him as the other man offered a light nod.

"Suppose that is fair just, jumpy, I suppose. Desmond." Desmond said, as he introduced himself and well, he didn't outright come out with his Poke Phobia but tried to offer a reason to the guy if nothing else.

Last edited:

Gene still didn't want to move, but she had no choice, as Sam lifted her up, and began dragging her out, still keeping his priorities in check as he continued to chomp down on his burger. Gene didn't bother resisting, though, since if she didn't go out there... Reina probably would've slung her over her shoulder and brought her outside anyways. Sam then finished off his burger, quickly poofing and washing up before hovering over to Glacier and Astra, giving a small wave. He enthusiastically shook both of their hands, nodding as they thought about all the other Pokémon he would meet... he already saw so many in this short month of being away from home, especially since there were only about 60 or 70 Pokémon in Shalend.

Reina walked out with Gene, feeling a bit more relaxed about the situation. She looked around the group once more, they kept growing, which was fun on its own but there was something she needed to do, something she felt it was necessary.

"So, if we're all going to travel together, I think it's best we have a little fun. Our Pokemon need to get to know each other and the best way to do that is with a friendly battle. How about it? Anyone up for it?"

July 18, Olivine City, Johto

"I would be up for that" A sudden voice from the shop direction as a proposition of a battle was stated by Reina. Shiro worried for Glacier managed to come outside and find once again the Group and being a person he is, battle sounded really interesting for him, It was a perfect occasion to train Three of his pokemon before the 2nd badge too.

Meanwhile Cubchoo nodded his head in agreement and allowed Kirlia to touch his scarf. At the same time, waved happily to Sam (I honestly dont Remember what pokemon Sam is) and was overall happy to meet new friends!

Colored
July 18th, Olivine City

“Yeah, I’m sure I’m fine, thanks. I’d much rather stay on land rather than get all wet and messy... never know if a Remoraid may want a piece of me! Heh...”

Colored’s response had been warm and lighthearted, mostly because she knew there was no chance a Remoraid would actually eat any bit of her.

But hey, she still had herself a nice sense of humour when it came to rolling in a crowd. Somewhat natural, but she had no real opinions on that.

When the offer of a Pokemon battle had been raised by Reina, a shiver crossed the body of Desmond as he had flashes back to that last battle he had in the National Park, and needless to say he'd rather avoid such a scenario if possible least relatively so soon.

"I think we'll pass on that." Desmond mused, while Politoed would've possibly liked a fight it and Kricketune seemed happy to continue their greeting performance before Combusken and the stranger Pokemon.

12:15 PM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

While Dustin and Desmond were exchanging names, the mother of the small child had return. It seemed the kid had been reassured that the Shinx wasn’t going to go all psycho again. As a way to introduce their Pokémon, she had suggested they all have a battle. Dustin knew Indigo would agree that type of introduction. Maybe not not so much for Astra. Dustin began by introducing himself to the mom before responding to her question.

“Oh, hey, I’m Dustin by the way! I was going to battle Esther, but I don’t know if she wants to change that.”

Dustin briefly gave a passing glance to the girl who had gone silent for about a minute now. However, he figured she was probably speaking with the girl who was worried about going over the water. He could understand her concern, which is why he suggested the ferry and the response she finally gave to Esther caused him to chuckle as he made a comment.

“Don’t worry, those Remoraid can come have a piece of me, if I’m there, in the water.”

Meanwhile, his Kirlia let out a cheerful cry and did an elegant twirl to display its gratitude after touching the Cubchoo’s scarf for a bit. It felt very good and soft, and Astra even felt a little envious. Now it wanted to get its own. As for Indigo, it looked a bit curious when the Politoad started dancing to Kricketune’s tune. However, it seemed like they were doing a performance. For the Combusken, this was a sight to behold. Indigo gave an excited chirp as it started to clap along with the rhythm.

Last edited:

"So Dustin and Sheeto?" Reina walked up to the two boys and placed her hands on her hips. "How about a battle royal? It's a pretty popular wrestling style match where everyone fights everyone. We all can choose two Pokemon and no switching until your first Pokemon loses. We can use the beach as the battlefield, plenty of space to move around and water. Sound fair?"

Diva couldn't help but put on a smug smirk on her face. She could take on these newbies herself, her Metronome was known for bringing out surprises. Would it be Brave Bird? Close Combat? Hyper Beam? The Clefairy chirped with joy at though of her demolishing her opponents.

Shiro sweatdropped as his name was misspelled and he couldnt tell if on purpose or not. He also felt he may not be the strongest of them all, but Cubchoo and others always could bring their A game, no matter how strong was the opponent.

Well, as of now they needed to shop, as clearly others didnt get to reach it yet and he wouldnt want to leave others behind. Just nodded as to show that the rules set by Reina were good in his opinion.

Meanwhile Glacier was happy to see Kirlia happy and it made Shiro smile a Little to see his pokemon gaining new friends. He chuckled seeing Cubchoo trying to twirl like his new friend only to fail and Fall on his butt to the floor.

Esther

“Mmm, well...if you say so,” Colored had made her decision and though Esther couldn’t say she agreed, it ultimately wasn’t her decision to make; however, she did consider buying a personal floatation device for Colored. Falling overboard would be no joke...though on that topic, how many members of the quickly swelling group could swim? She’d have to find out.

Before that, however, she turned to Dustin and shrugged. "It's likely, we'll see what the other think later."

Then she stepped away to stand in front of the shop, a bit away from the group where what she was about to do wouldn't be lost in the confusion.

With two loud claps, Esther directed the group’s attention to her. Somehow, simply going to buy lunch had seen their group nearly double in size. Who woulda thought? She cleared her throat and assumed the voice she used while teaching her dance class.

“Alright team, before we head for the beach and, eventually Cianwood city, we’re going to need the appropriate gear,” at that, she gestured to the store behind them. “Furthermore, the ferry won’t be ready for another 2 days, so we’ll be taking a poké-ride; while you’re in the store make sure to get everything you’ll need for the trip: snacks, swimwear, and—if you can’t swim—a life-vest, etcetera. Anything else can wait till after we’ve got the essentials.

“Thirty minutes to shop before we meet up at the beach, all clear? Great!”

With that, she bid the group to scatter, though she quickly caught up to Reina before the latter could get too far.

“Are those your friends too? We’re gonna need a big boat if we want to leave ahead of the ferry.”

Last edited:

"Um..." Reina took one look at Dustin and Shiro then back at Esther, whispering, she said, "I thought they were your friends." She laughed a bit, letting her know it was a small joke, before continuing. "Sure, I saw some rafts for sale, we can buy a big one. Storm and Peque can pull us an many more with no problems at all. I'll buy a vest for Gene just in case, actually it is the ocean, maybe everyone should get one, even if they can swim." She then turned her attention back to the two boys. "Let's get our gear and supplies and then head out to the beach to battle? I still need to pickup my lunch, Reina by the way, nice to meet you Dustin. Sheeto, I hope you and your Cubchoo are ready for a good match! I have to get payback for Esther." She shot them a quick wink before heading back towards the cafe with Gene.

"Okay, we totally forgot to get you a swimsuit. I know you probably won't like it, but you can wear it underneath, just in case." Reina spoke to Gene, stopping for a second after noticing she sounded like her own mother, "You can get whichever color you want though, I'm wearing a black one with green sides. I also just bought a blue one that matches with my Swampert, I can't wait until we go swimming together." Reina stopped as they reached the front counter, where the cashier was waiting with a smile and their meal ready to go. "Thank you!" Reina called out as she grabbed her food and headed out, still talking to Gene.

"Oh we could get one that matches with Sam! Wouldn't that be cute? I'm sure Sam would like to see you wearing his colors. Also, have you considered learning to battle? You know, in case you ever run into danger? I can teach you." Reina lead them into the Surf Shop, called Surfing 4 Life, same one they had been into earlier.

As Reina approached the front counter she noticed the employee behind the counter was different. He had golden wavy blonde hair that went down to his shoulders, tanned skin, blue eyes, a white smile and for some reason, only wearing swimming shorts, flipflops and a necklace made of white small shells. He leaned forward over the glass surface, watching as the group entered the building.

"Yoo, welcome to Surfin 4 Live, anything you need, just let me know, I'll get it for you, even my number." He then leaned back and raised his hands in the air. "I'm kidding, this place is all about feeling good, so please take your time browsing, you might even convince me of a discount."

"W-wha...I...h-hey!"

Desmond called out to, what he guessed was the "leader" of this group as it just seemed he got roped into this situation and frankly he had not even gotten a clear idea of where they were going beyond "the other side of the ocean" which could've meant the Whirl Islands or in the middle of nowhere for all he had known.

He stepped inside the surf store and walked up to the girl( Esther) who seemed to decide what the plan for this group had been. "Um, e-excuse me uh I just happened to arrive at this corner and I still haven't been clued in what your group is doing. Nor have I consented to anything yet." Desmond explained as he'd least like some context of just what he'd be getting into if he was gonna be roped along for a trip out to sea with a group this large.

Outside the Politoed and Kricketune seemed encouraged as the Combusken seemed to clap along to the moves and beat they had produced, a positive sign that only spirited the pair on as Kricketune continued to strum its appendages and Politoed clapped as it hopped around feeling the beat as the pair seemed to enjoy this.

Esther

“Hmm,” Esther mulled over their options for a moment. “I already have a swimsuit, so I won’t be buying much, I’ll search for a suitable raft while you get clothes for Genevieve.”

Through the glass windows, Esther could see that the Surf Shop had all sorts of rafts ranging from small kids’ inflatables to large floating platforms meant to be attached to yachts. Despite the increased size of their group, they had no need for something the size of a small house. They’d still need to carry it around after they were done with it, after all!

Esther’s own luggage was meticulously calculated, with travel weight in mind:
– Under 10 lbs. of camping gear
– A half-dozen lbs. of clothes
– A dozen lbs. of alternate gear, including winter, hiking, and rock-climbing equipment
– Another dozen lbs. in other necessary equipment, like a portable stove, flashlight, toiletries, and otherwise
– And another dozen pounds in pokémon food

No, she could not reduce the amount of pokémon food, the price she paid for a full team of six was an aching back. She really needed to invest in a Silph bag... As the Oblivian loitered, Reina had taken the chance to disappear and an unfamiliar face had taken her place.

Esther blinked, "Oh, sorry about that, I figured you were one of Reina's friends that was coming along with us. We're headed to Cianwood, but...I think there's a possibility we may stop over in the Whirl Islands. We'll have to talk about it first, but it'd make for a good halfway point...by the way...who are you?"

Pokéball x2

Everstone x 1 – $15,000.00

Johto, Olivine City, 18th July
She does it on purpose.. Shiro was now sure of it and only sweatdropped more on that thought. Well, if it is in fact on purpose then he can tell from Expierience that he wont co Vince her to call him normally by name anyway, at least for now.

His train of thoughts went somewhere else as he thought of a possible Battle Royal.
First, Shiro assumed that it may end up having more people than Three as Maybe some of the people will in the end decide that they want to join and Battle as well. If So then he need to prepare himself somehow into battles with more than 2 pokemon at the same time.
Besides, although he didnt know about Dustin, Reina is possibly stronger than Esther. He could tell by her confidence that seemed to come from Expierience. He knew one person with similar trait, though his confidence was even bigger but well.. Shiro wouldnt even compare to him in battle as he is now.

So its safe to assume Reina is stronger, in previous match his Pride onto his pokemon and rash approach at pokemon with type advandage almost cost him his win. He could do better, he wont make similar mistakes twice as he knew that if he remained as he is now then Esther of today would have easier time to beat him than Esther from yesterday.

"Well, if someone wants to come with me I am going to buy some food for us and our pokemons" He called to a Group with his idea So Maybe someone would help him if they could.

He called for Cubchoo and went to buy some food with him at stores. He also hoped to get to know everyone better, Reina, Gene, Esther, Coloured, Dustin, Desmond, Savannah.. Well, everyone.

He brought some food and enjoyed to see Cubchoo helping him in taking all the bags and considered getting to the beach earlier to prepare himself and his pokemons before a fight. He had an idea who will he use already as a second pokemon.

Genevieve would shake her head again, still refusing to get a swimsuit, let alone one so embarrassing. A life vest would be alright though, since she could wear that over all her clothes. And then there was the third notion of teaching her to battle, which got a glare shot at Reina... what did she THINK her answer was going to be to that? When she already knew how opposed to battling she was, why would she want to learn how to battle? She didn't want Sam to get hurt either, he wasn't cut out for battling, as she learned a long time ago.

Sam would wave goodbye to his new friends, following Gene and Reina to the Surf Shop, questioning the weird behavior of the shopkeep. Looking at Reina, he showed a sign of dissatisfaction at the idea of Gene wearing a matching bathing suit. He would float around the shop until he found a life vest in her size, as well as a rope for... just in case reasons, and then brought them over to Reina.

"Okay okay, I get it." Reina held up her hands, giving up trying to convince Gene to buy clothes.

"Yo, the little one has an attitude huh?" The shop's employee shot Gene a smile, "You gotta be good or you won't get dessert."

"It would be mean to not give her dessert." Reina glared at the blonde man. "She can decide what to wear, but going back to what we came for, do you have any boats that Pokemon could pull over the ocean? We have a big group and want to leave today."

"Oh you traveling with your friends and boyfriend?" The blonde leaned on the counter once again.

"Uh no, I don't have a boyfriend. So do you have something we could buy?"

"Yeah of course, we got everything. We got those..." The man flexed his bicep as he pointed at the boxes stacked in the back. "We got from the smallest to the biggest, you won't have any problems finding the right size. Maybe we can exchange numbers and once you decide which one, you can send me a quick text."

"Oh that's not necessary, I can just call Esther." Reina shot a quick smile at the employee and turned around to call Esther.