• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Montagne Khastil - Unranked
July 1 - Lumiose City, Kalos

Stunned by his sticky-armed companion's clearly insatitable appetite, Monty scowled as he set his gaze on the galette vendor's menu. A large fold-out chalkboard listed the several possible berry fillings and toppings for the classic Kalosian desserts, but his go-to was a simple razz berry filling; how was he supposed to know which ones were which?!

And did Esther think he was made of money?! Street galettes were cheap, but only if you got a couple of them, and she wanted seven of them! No wonder she agreed to the tournament so quick after hearing 'a thousand dollars'...this chick must be a brokie!

"Tch," Monty clicked his teeth and crossed his arms. Speaking of which, he was getting dangerously close to brokie status, too. He may have been wearing a new outfit, courtesy of Clarke for taking care of those poachers last week, but he got it for free! He considered asking her to pay him back, but he could practically hear the Madame's shrill voice in his ear hissing, "Don't you dare ask a young lady to pay for herself when you asked her along!"

This wasn't a date, though, it was business, and this trainer business cost a lot of fuckin' money! Hopefully she'd offer to pay him back.

Monty and Nico were next in line after only a minute or two, and the former turned to his companion. "You've definitely got a better head on your shoulders for picking the flavors than me," he complimented, "So you pick the fillings and everything. A dozen galettes'll be the best deal. Esther wanted...pretty much one of everything I think."

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Nico Zacharias Flynn
Date: July 1st

Esther had now ran off telling Monty what she wanted for flavors. Soon enough it was their turn, and he wanted to try something.. spicy, maybe? He didn't know what the fillings were on the galettes, so he looked at the menu. There! A spicy filling for the galettes. Of course he'd want that.

"Mind if I grab the spicy-filling one? Sounds lovely, and Pepper might wanna have a taste too!" He told Monty, although of course, he'd pay for his own galette.

Montagne Khastil

"I'm sure you'll both enjoy them," Monty responded idly as the final people in front of them recieved their order. "Oracle here wasn't too impressed, but she's pretty picky, anyway." He shot his partner a cheeky grin, but she refused to acknowledge the statement.

Of course she was a picky eater, half the food useless Monty tried to serve her would probably kill her in one bite! Honestly, kibble and canned pokémon "food". What was next, substituting her air for a Weezing's fumes? Absolutely not. She was a queen, and she was entitled to the highest quality meat the wild pokémon they encountered had to offer.

"NEXT!"

Monty stepped up to the stand, a fairly large wooden structure occupied by an older couple. "Oh, it's you again," the woman said, a pad and pen in hand. The muscles in her neck tightened a little, and she gave him a scrutinous look. "Didn't you just come through a little while ago?" The woman glanced at Nico, looking him up and down before turning back to the Monty.

"Notre part est payée pour le mois," she said in a hushed tone. Our share is paid for the month.
"Je ne suis pas ici pour affaires," Monty responded, returning the hushed Kalosian. I'm not here on business.

The older woman relaxed a bit, and the criminal continued, "We'll take a dozen galettes, one of each, uh, flavor." Monty's eyes darted to the small display case, which contained an array of open-faced galettes to show the numerous berry fillings. "And I'll take an iced coffee."

"Got it, those'll be ready in a couple minutes," the woman responded, and relayed the order to her husband who was manning the cooking station. The two exchanged a few hushed Kalosian words, and Monty motioned for Nico to follow suit as he and Oracle stepped to the side.

Breakfast was almost taken care of, so where had Esther gotten off to?

Esther
Friday – Morning July 1
Lumiose City
Kalos Region​
Team On-hand: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Pariparisithea (Munna), Tarrah Ta’Ellla (Bounsweet), Kasriel Ikaros Svelinka Sō (G-Zigzagoon), Bâquîle Nâva (Goomy)
In Esther’s care: Houndour​

"I'm back~"

It had taken a few minutes but Esther finally returned to the galette vendor and, by the looks of it, she was right on time. The Goomy slime proved more persistent than Esther could’ve ever expected, it really was almost like glue. A thorough scrubbing and generous amounts of water eventually did the trick, but considering Nâva was currently attached to her arm, Esther knew she’d be in for a long and vigorous bath. Maybe she could get something for Goomy slime?

Esther grinned at the delicious-looking pastries; she leaned forward and—Ohh~, that smelt heavenly. She could hardly wait to dig in! There were what looked like...a dozen different flavors? She raised an eyebrow in Monty’s direction. Seven were for her, and she assumed Nico would eat one, so were the other four for Monty? Guess you didn’t get that big eating light. She was a bit on the chubby side herself, so it wasn’t like she could say much but 4 whole pastries in one sitting? Geez.

A quick glance at the cash register told her to total cost and she used her pokétch to work out her share of the bill. She dished out the poké dollars without even blinking; she never hesitated when it came to food.

“Pari, lend us a hand.”

As the dozen galettes began to float, Esther gestured further down the street. “I passed by a park on my way back, how about we eat there before we leave?”

$3,000

Hand-woven kilt

Everstone x 1 – $15,000.00

Last edited:
Montagne Khastil

Monty thanked Esther for the reimbursement and slipped the cash into his wallet before setting his sights in the direction of the park she pointed out. "That Pari of yours is pretty handy," the man complimented Esther, gesturing to the miraculously floating galette box. "A Psychic-Type I assume?"

"Works for me." Monty sipped his coffee and led the way toward the bastion of green, and several passersby gave the group a wide berth when they caught sight of Oracle's scythe and glare as she padded along next to him.

They reached the park in no time at all, and Monty took a deep breath as they stepped onto the paved path which snaked through the city-juxtaposing green. The plant life gave the area a sort of cleaner scent, something he had to admit he'd gotten a little used to during their time on Menhir Trail, and the greenery was made even more vibrant by the cascading morning sun.

Damn, did Lumiose have some good sights. It was no sunrise-viewing from the top of Prism Tower, but the scene bore an air of tranquility. Pedestrians cut between streets through the paved paths, a few scattered bird-pokémon fluttered between the tree branches, and families sat in the grasses and played. It was like a different world from even just the street, yet it was part of his city all the same.

Monty navigated to a small collection of green-painted tables, and he sat down in preparation for his third galette of the day. Oracle sat next to him, and her presence reminded him that he had a couple other teammates who hadn't eaten yet. "I hope you two don't mind if I let my other partners out," he said as he retrieved the Dusk and Quick Balls from his pocket. "But I'll warn you; Chauffemagne gets a little...enthusiastic with new people."

Oracle looked at her trainer with a mixture of disdain and annoyance. Letting those two out would be inviting irritation, and she was already annoyed enough that they were stopping again on the way to Santalune.

Monty paid his partner's glare no mind as he pressed the release buttons on both spheres, and in a flash of bright light he had a new scarf wrapped around his shoulders and his human companions had a huffing-and-puffing pooch at their feet.

His scarf, a silvery Eevee, pressed against his neck with a cheerful cry, happy to be reunited with her trainer after an entire morning! spent in her ball. Ever since he'd first pulled her out of the poachers' cage she was a clingy little critter, and Monty begrudgingly patted her on the head as she nuzzled up to him. "Abné, settle down," the criminal said, earning an indignant nip on his ear. "Ow! Knock it off!"

He picked up the Eevee and set her down next to him on the seat, and she was quick to let him know that she did not appreciate it with a series of indignant yips and yaps. Abnégarde's tyrade was cut short when Oracle shot her a glare, however, and the Eevee turned her attention to the table. Her little nose worked back and forth, sensing an incoming meal.

Chauffemagne was far to busy inspecting these new people to notice the commotion, though. He paced around Nico and Esther's feet rapidly sniffing out any sign of ill-intention, fear, or threat to his team. A few seconds later and they passed the test, but the Houndour looked up at the strange pink pokémon on the girl's head and barked once; he'd be keeping his eye on it!

Last edited:
Valencia Island, Orange Archipelago (June 1st)

"I finally made it!"​

The sounds of a jubilant individual who literally rowed the the shores of her destination sounded as Adrianne seemed to hop off her individual boat and stood upon the beaches of Valencia Island. Adrianne had a wide grin on her face as the aspiring trainer had journey from her own home of Mandarin Island to get here and while it probably had been advised against to row on an individual boat all the way here she had to admit the results spoke for themselves.

"At last Valencia Island. And to think I didn't even break a sweat with the journey..." Adrianne said to herself, before a sudden sting rocked her arms as the fatigue of her rowing seemed to catch up with her all at once as she seemed to sheepishly feel the weight. "...w-well mostly anyway."

Still, her arms got a little break now and what mattered was she made it. Now, all she needed to do was find Professor Ivy's lab, and she'd be able to begin her official journey proper. The Orange Crew Challenge...the World Coronation Series...she could see it all, the daunting challenges ahead of her seemed to only excite the young woman which had been enough to push her mind beyond the soreness. She had prepared to go find a suitable place to lay her boat along the shore, when some activity along the coast a bit further down had caught her attention.

"Huh?" Adrianne asked herself, noticing what seemed to be bubbling in the water to the left, and as she walked down along the beach to investigate, something seemed to break the surface as...as a Gyarados seemed to rise from the water and released quite the cry which caught Adrianne by surprise as she looked upon the sight in wonder.

"So...so cool!"

Esther
Friday – Morning July 1
Lumiose City
Kalos Region​
Team On-hand: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Pariparisithea (Munna), Tarrah Ta’Ella (Bounsweet), Kasriel Ikaros Svelinka Sō (G-Zigzagoon), Bâquîle Nâva (Goomy)

“That she is, Pari’s a darling, she’s the second pokémon I’ve really added to my team.” Esther reached up to brush her hand across Pari’s whisper-thin fur. The psychic pokémon released a wet pbbbt, barely even moving. Her trainer scoffed. “She’s a bit of a lazy one though, won’t even float if she doesn’t have to.”

Esther took a few moments to survey the park before deciding the tables Monty had shuffled over to were just as good as any. Pari lowered the galettes and then Esther rocked back and admired Monty’s pokémon as they were released. Oracle herself was a beauty, and if she didn’t appear so openly stand-offish, Esther might’ve tried to get a feel of her fur. Monty’s other two pokémon were an oddly colored eevee and, surprise, surprise—“A houndour!”

“You didn’t tell me you had one!” Esther shot Monty a dirty look, but it faded quickly. “Anyway, allow me to introduce you to the rest of my team—”, her lips split into a grin, as her hand reached to her waist and she, somewhat clumsily, gathered all four pokéballs into her arms. With a haphazard toss, all the pokéballs went flying. “Come on out!”

One after the other Esther’s pokémon appeared—the familiar Pyrrha, and the rest of Esther’s team—a Bounsweet, a Galarian Zigzagoon, and her own aforementioned Houndour.

“Introductions are in order, you’ve already met Pyrrha—”

Esther waved towards Jangmo-o. Without a battle to hold her attention, the little drake seemed more interested in exploring the open space of the park than any of Monty’s pokémon.

“And you’ve also met Pariparisithea,” the dream-tapir didn’t even twitch at the usage of her full name and neither had she reacted to Chauffmagne’s bark. If anything, from her steady and shallow breathing it seemed she’d drifted off to sleep moments after she’d lowered the galettes.

“This little one is Bâquíle Nâva—Nâva for short.” Esther gestured to the Goomy clutched to her arm. At almost half the average size of her species,

little one was an understatement. Nâva was runt through and through, and it didn’t help that she seemed to be shirking on herself, quivering in fear whenever Oracle’s gaze swept in her direction. Needless to say, Nâva hadn’t the slightest intention of coming down and saying hi.

On the other hand—Tch!—a disdain sound met Chauffmagne’s snooping. With an attitude that didn’t match her size was—“Tarah Ta’ Ella,”—the Bounsweet. Esther waved over to the grass-plump pokémon, but she seemed to be eyeing up Chauffmagne with much disgruntlement.

“And last, but not least, Kasriel Ikaros Svelinka Sō...oh? How cute!” Esther giggled as Kasriel throw himself at Oracle’s paws. He had, at some point, managed to pluck a few weeds from the ground, and was presenting them like a bouquet of...well, weeds. Seemed like the little guy was a bit smitten.

$3,000

Hand-woven kilt

Ezio Farello - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh

"Stone Edge! Block that blast!" Ezio called out, causing Envelop to stop the Giga Drain and cause large jagged rocks to erupt out of the ground, blocking the Ice Beam as it coated the rocks in an icy layer. A powerful move from the Starmie, and one he had to be aware of. He was quite safe behind this pile of rocks, and he was willing to play the long game by using those rocks as a shield. "You're not half bad, Kaden, happy to see you're not holding back against an old man like me." Ezio said, chuckling before flexing his fingers. "Seed 'em."

Envelop spat out a barrage of seeds over the Stone Edge, attempting to set up a Leech Seed. If it hit, Envelop would win the long game, as long as she didn't get blasted by an Ice Beam.

----------

Nicole Newman - 10th of June - Route 3, Galar

"I see." Nicole said, keeping the camera on the Glossifleur before an Eldegoss showed up. "Interesting, so there are multiple Pokémon that drift on the wind. I suppose it is reasonable to make use of every possible niche Nature offers." She kept her camera on the Grass types before looking back at Lara, only to see her completely engrossed in the scene. Letting out a content sigh as she smiled at the girl, Nicole focused on her camera again.

This job wasn't so bad, after all.

| Korutesu |

Nico Zacharias Flynn

When Monty ordered, the female at the galette stand spoke in a languange he'd never heard of, probably Kalosian. It was so weird, why not ask him about it. Plus, it was kinda weird for him to just do it in a whispered tone, and the old lady said that Monty had recently arrived there at the galette stand earlier. That's a litte weird, cause he was a Kalosian, although being there for the second time? That's what was suspicious.

"Hey Monty, What'd you say to the old lady earlier at the galette stand? Not to pry or anything though, it was just kinda weird." He didn't want to pry on something private, so he tried to be polite, or as much as he could. Anyway, All of Esther and Monty's Pokémon were so cool! Most of them he'd actually never seen before.

"Anyway, Esther, Those Pokémon of yours are awesome! And a Bounsweet too! I know that Pokémon since that little creature is an Alola native." Soon enough, he took notice of Monty's Pokemon too. He was so interested in their Pokémon, it was almost enough for him to forget Monty's interaction with the old lady earlier. Then he noticed the Eevee's silver-ish color. It was a shiny Eevee! He thought it was really cool, and he wished to find a shiny Pokémon himself one day. Anyway, He took a bite of his galette, and my god, was it good! He loved it so much, and gave a bite to Scovillian right after.

(i forgor to add him taking a bite of the galette)

Last edited:
Adrianne Silvers (Unranked)

Adrianne looked upon the Gyarados in aww, of all the many great Pokemon of the sea she had always seen it as among the coolest. Perhaps if fate was kind she'd find a Magikarp of her own, but that remained to be seen as one thing about this creature seemed to catch her eye. Its coloring seemed to be...different, far as she had known. Gyarados had typically been known for a darker blue coloring but this one seemed to be closer to a light almost white-blue look as Adrainne wondered about it. Could be a shiny, but she had heard this island in particular was known for uniquely colored Pokemon so perhaps this had been an example of it.

Either way the towering creature looked down at Adrianne on the shore, and while the girl had no way to know if this was friendly or aggressive, she lacked a mon to defend herself with, but had seen a stick by her foot as she grabbed it just on the off chance it tried something. Now one could say trying to fight a Gyarados with a stick had been a suicidal idea.

The Gyarados in question soon however seemed to lift up its tail, and much to Adrianne's shock a woman seemed to be hanging off of it. A woman who wore a bit of a form fitting swimsuit as her purple hair seemed to flow in the air and she just carried this easy going confidence about her.

The woman glanced down and noticed what this Gyarados was looking at as she sized up Adrianne who had her stick held ahead of her and seemed to have an amused grin.

"I would advise against that, all you'll do is make the Gyarados think you are a threat which doesn't do anyone good." The woman advised, as she was lowered to the show and walked along to the beach smiling a bit as Adrianne looked on quite perplexed but had dropped the stick as advised. However, clarity came when she was given an official introduction by this mystery woman of sorts.

"My name is Professor Ivy. Welcome to Valencia Island."​

Montagne Khastil

Oh? If Oracle had eyebrows, she would've raised one at Kasriel when he presented his bouqet. Clearly this one was the only of Esther's pokémon with some sense between his ears! The rest of the rag-tag bunch paid her little heed, which was fine by her, but this strange-looking Zigzagoon had clearly recognized her for what she was; a queen!

The tribute of...weeds...may have been meager, but she could let it slide. Oracle supposed that Kasriel was doing his best with what he had on hand, and he had certainly proved himself to be more agreeable than that dreadful little drake frolicing a ways away. The Absol nodded her head to Kasriel in thanks, and she lay down with her chin resting on her front paws as she regarded him curiously.

Chauffemagne was having a more disagreeable experience with Tarah Ta' Ella than Oracle was with Kasriel. The Bounsweet's disgruntled glare was reminiscent of Oracle's, but this thing wasn't her! Was he just supposed to take that lying down?! The Houndour whirled around to his trainer, giving him an expectant look that pleaded for the go-ahead to teach the Bounsweet a lesson, but Monty just shook his head in a firm "no".

One would think Abnégarde was having a much better time than either of her teammates as she dug into a galette, voraciously wolfing down the berry-filled pastry with a gusto that would make a Munchlax jealous. A fair bit of the filling ended up around her mouth rather than in it, and the Eevee animatedly licked her "lips" in an effort to savor the dessert a little more.

Monty scratched her behind the ears as he bit into another galette himself, one with a sweet filling that he thought might be mago-berry, and he was quick with a faux answer to Nico's questioning. "I'm something like a regular at that stand. Oracle and I had just been there a few minutes before our battle with Esther, so Ms. Rouzet said I'd end up getting fat going there so often." The criminal cracked a grin as he continued, "So I asked her who else would keep her in business?"

"But I guess she won't have an issue now if you and- Scovillain, right? -liked the galettes so much!" Nico's enjoyment of the treat was clear as day; both he and Abnégarde were practically shimmering with satisfaction. The silvery-Eevee jumped down into Monty's lap and curled up, eyeing all of Esther's pokémon and Scovillain warily.

She was a pretty timid little thing, still a baby by Nurse Joy's estimates when he first caught her, and she hadn't quite gained the same confidence Chauffemagne had with new people. No thank you, she was perfectly fine sticking with Monty!

Monty himself eyed each of the assorted pokémon, not quite recognizing any of them except for Esther's funny looking Zigzagoon. On first glance he couldn't quite tell what each were capable of. If she was a new trainer, how much battle experience could she have split between...five pokémon?

"I take it Pyrrha's the powerhouse of your team," he said to Esther with a glance toward the aloof drake, "But how do the rest of them fare? I'd have to double check the rules of the tournament, but I'm not sure if we can use the same pokémon the entire time."

Last edited:

Needless to say this had not been how she expected to meet with the famed head researcher of the Orange Islands, but Adrianne wasn't about to complain either as she blinked a bit at the name reveal.

"P-professor Ivy? O-oh it's an honor! My name is Adrianne, Adrianne Silvers." Adrianne said as she offered a big smile after she professed her own somewhat jumbled greeting as Professor Ivy could not help but smile; just an energy she seemed to welcome.

"A pleasure miss Silvers. I hope my research didn't startle your arrival here." Professor Ivy said as the Gyarados seemed to sit on the edge of the shore while Adrianne seemed to raise an eyebrow at this. Research? From what Adrianne had seen it just looked like Professor Ivy and this Gyarados had a swim together. "Research?"

"Why of course..." Professor Ivy smiled, walking over to the Gyarados as she seemed to stroke along its head, which the Water Type seemed to appreciate as it nuzzled into her hand before she continued on. "....see my specialty is to explore and understand the unique differences among same species of Pokemon. From unique coloring alterations, to regional variants my passion is finding what drives these subtle differences among otherwise the same Pokemon and how it can vary from climate to climate. The Orange Archipelago is full of Pokemon with unique differences compared to their contemporary counterparts which is why I've called it my home." Professor Ivy elaborated on as Adrianne seemed to be fascinated by this. Would explain the unique coloring of this Gyarados which seemed unlike what even its shiny coloring reflected.

"That sounds pretty cool." Adrianne admitted with a smile, as Ivy seemed to bubble with a bit of pride of hearing such support.

"So then, are you here on a friendly visit, or something more?" Professor Ivy asked, as given she seemed to be alone here and had come on a solo raft...which seemed to be a questionable decision, Ivy had a guess why she might've been here but had not wanted to presume. Adrianne seemed to smile wide at this as indeed her expression reflected a deeper desire and saw her window to outline such intention.

"Well Professor, I came here because I want to begin my own Pokemon journey. And I figure what better place to begin than to explore the full reaches of my home here." Adrianne explained as she lacked the ability to hide her excitement.

Rick
Tuesday, June 14th - Relic Castle, Unova

In the few second that felt like an eternity, Zephir was the first to succumb to the scorching temperatures, as his body started smoking and he collapsed onto his side. Rick gritted his teeth, pulling out Zephir's ball to bring him inside. "There goes the oxygen source." He muttered, before hugging onto Iris. "It's just the two of us now. Just... hang on a little more..." He told her. The mare was already reaching the limit on how much heat her Flash Fire could absorb, but she could still stand it for a while before it would start going haywire. Nevertheless, she would eventualy pass out from the lack of oxygen, which was burning out quickly.

Iris gritted her teeth as she focused on keeping the protective dome up for as long as possible. Her body would eventualy start releasing a crimson aura, and her mane, which was already flared up, started stretching to the sides. Rick, kneeling and hugging onto Iris's foreleg, started looking over his shoulder a little bit concerned. Her flames were already too big for what would be reasonable, but there wasn't anything he could in such circumstances.

Then came a moment of relief for them both, as the flames outside the dome slowly started dying down. The volcarona slowly started descending from the ceiling, seemingly tired. Its fiery wings had reverted to their original size, and the blinding light that was being released from its body was mostly gone. The only distinction between this and a normal volcarona now was the red aura that Rick was already accustomed to see in other pokémon in the castle... which was now also shrouding Iris. The mare dropped shields and lowered her head, flaring her nostrils to draw in more air and panting to try to cool down a little.

Albeit tired, the volcarona wasn't done just yet. It fired a Solar Beam at Iris, who responded with a Solar Beam of her own. The two beams clashed and exploded midway above the meteonite. Iris then fired off a Fire Blast at the volcarona. The moth dodged to the side, then with a flap of its wings, it fired two crescent-shaped blades at Iris. The mare jumped out of the bridge to avoid the attack, and started running along the balconies, all the while dodging the String Shots that started being fired at her. Rick ran towards the pedestal and took cover behind it, hoping to not get hit by a stray move or call too much attentions from the volcarona. "At least now they seem to be in equal footing." He muttered.

After running a half circle, Iris lunged at the volcarona with a Drill Run. The moth winded up a hurricane, catching Iris midair and pushing her back to the ground, fortunately landing on all fours. She then fired off a Fire Blast at the volcarona, which somersaulted to avoid the star-shaped flame and darted at Iris. The mare reared up and braced to catch the moth with her hooves. She got pushed all the way through the bridge, stoping only as she hit her back at the meteonite's pedestal. Iris fired a flamethrower at point blank from her mouth at the volcarona before shoving it away. Then energy started gathering on her horn as she charged up and fired a Hyper Beam. The volcarona winded up a Hurricane to contend with as a last ditch move. The beam just cut through the wind and hit the volcarona, pushing it against the wall. When the dust settled, the volcarona was lying on the balcony unconscious, and the aura surrounding its body disappeared.

Esther
Friday – Morning July 1
Lumiose City
Kalos Region​
Team On-hand: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Pariparisithea (Munna), Tarrah Ta’Ella (Bounsweet), Kasriel Ikaros Svelinka Sō (G-Zigzagoon), Bâquîle Nâva (Goomy)

A nod confirmed Monty’s speculations, “Pyrrha’s my ace, but Kasriel and Ta’Ella are fierce battlers, Nâva’s new, and Pari is...Pari. We’ve got a few days until the tournament proper, don’t worry I’ll figure something out!” Houndour was also a strong battler and every bit the match for Pyrrha, but...well, she wasn’t really one of Esther’s pokémon.

“Anyway, the food’s getting cold, time to dig in!” With a gleam in her eyes, Esther dished out the galettes to pokémon: sweet for Kasriel, bitter for Pari, Savory for Pyrrha, Spicy for Houndour, and the three randoms were shuffled between Esther, Ta’Ella, and Nâva. Esther ended up with a creamy galette that was topped with Snover berries, sweet with a sour aftertaste that the Oblivian found rather pleasant.

Esther polished her plate and licked her lips; the hunger was temporarily satiated.

“We should get going, I’m sure it’ll be easier to plan once we get on the road and put our pokémon to the test against some wild pokémon, maybe we can even find a few trainers along the way.”
$3,000

Hand-woven kilt

"Oh? is that right? Well as the lead Professor in this area I am more than happy to help you take your first step. What kind of Trainer do you desire to be?" Professor Ivy asked as Adrianne seemed to already have an answer at the ready.

"Oh I love the idea of competition in Pokemon battles. Some day, I hope I can stand at the top of a League, maybe even my own~! So I want to compete in the World Coronation Series but also take on the Orange League as I figure that can only help myself get that much better~" Adrianne said with a touch of visible eagerness to her.

Professor Ivy listened and seemed to smile at her reasoning, ah, a new trainer eager to get their feet wet that was a sight unlike any other. It wasn't as common for first-time trainers to journey in the Orange Archipelago to begin their adventure, as not only was it not one of the more populace regions but the Orange League was noted as being a bit tougher than a traditional Gym Challenge circuit so it was usually sought after as a different kind of challenge to those more used to a traditional League.

Still, tat had not meant there wasn't an allure to trying this out right away and Ivy could tell Adrianne had some passion to her. Besides, it seemed to fit her goal as if she could conquer the Orange League it might boost her global ranking for the WCS which had not been the worst strategy.

"I see I see. Ambitious, can say that much. Well, if you wish to begin your journey here I am more than happy to provide what you need. Though, I think we need to head back to the lab before we get to the nitty gritty." Professor Ivy explained, as she pulled out a Pokeball to return the Gyarados as it seemed to be one she either owned or was in the care of.

"Oh of course, that would be great Professor!" Adrianne said with a smile as Ivy let out a whistle as out of seemingly nowhere a jeep pulled up to the beach and seemed to have a trio of women on it; they seemed to be related as they looked almost identical and shared large oversized glasses as well as tropical style shirts as they landed beside the pair and some sand kicked up which got Adrianne coughing a bit.

Well, that was one way to make an arrival.​

Montagne Khastil

With the group's hunger sated, Monty returned Chauffemagne and Abnégarde to their balls. Both pokémon protested, Abné more fiercely than Chauffe, but their trainer didn't want to deal with either of their antics until they at least got out of Lumiose's hustlling-and-bustling crowds.

"The Parterre gate's not too far," Monty told his companions as he led the way back onto the street. "Stick close."

Iced coffee in hand and head held high, the Lumiosite confidently strode side-by-side with Oracle down the street, checking every so often to make sure Nico or Esther hadn't been swept up in the crowd.

The air was thick with the hum of voices. Countless people uttered countless words in countless languages, creating an out-of-tune cacophony of white noise that was occasionally cut through by the cheerful shouting of street performers and street vendors alike. The smell of fresh-baked breads and grilled meats from the food stalls mingled with the stoney scent of their cobblestone and cement surroundings, all of it heated by the late-morning sun like a warm oven.

Bumping into people was nigh-unavoidable in this city, the world's most populous metropolis, and it was just as likely that someone would turn with a cigarette in hand to jeer in annoyed Kalosian as it was they said nothing at all. Everyone had some place to be, whether it was nowhere fast or somewhere slow, but most folks held an understanding that in Lumiose picking a fight over a minor slow-down wasn't usually worth it.

The group passed empty shops with street advertisers twirling signs, doing their best to entice passersby like them, while other shops were completely bare of distinguishing features yet boasted lines that stretched well down the street. Monty did his best to point out which ones he remembered, but keeping his eye on his companions, their surroundings, and on the surrounding crowd was a bit of a challenge.

The criminal kept his head on a swivel, sizing up any approaching people in case anyone tried something. Nearly his entire life had been spent in Lumiose, and he'd seen too many muggings, robberies, and scams pulled off to not be wary. It wouldn't do him any good for either Nico or Esther to get caught up in something crazy, so as the guide he took it upon himself to be the lookout, too.

The gate to Parterre Way, also known as Route 4 by most tourists, came into view after a solid ten minutes of walking. "We're almost there," Monty called behind to his companions, and when they reached the gate the criminal confidently strode through.

Pedestrians and the occasional vehicle streamed in and out of the massive gateway, with a pair of security guards sitting at a large desk on the right-hand wall. One of the cops, a man with a thick mustache and thicker gut, had his fat hand wrapped around a microphone.

"COMBEE AND LEDYBA ARE SWARMING ON ROUTE 4!" The guard's thick montone boomed over loudspeakers, and it caught Monty's ear enough for him to stop and listen. "A BATTLE-READY POKÉMON IS RECOMMENDED, OTHERWISE WAIT UNTIL NIGHTFALL!"

Monty and Absol exchanged a confident look after the announcement. Some bugs were out and about, eh? Perfect. They'd be able to get some practice in before Santalune's gym.

"You two heard the him, yeah?" The criminal asked his companions, cracking his knuckles absentmindedly. "Let's stay on our toes."

"Ready to ride home professor?" One of the women asked, she seemed to have a pair of rounded pigtails and also seemed to sport a green shirt with orange dots decorated through it. She seemed to be in the driver's seat, least till she scooted to the passenger's seat and presumably had left the spot for Professor Ivy herself.

"Of course, and I bring company." Professor Ivy explained, as another of the triplets; one with a pink shirt and a flora design along it, passed her her lab jacket as Adrianne worked to get familiar with the new faces that she presumed were connected to Ivy in some way.

"Oh, and who is this Professor?" The third of the woman asked, this one seemed to have an orange shirt with some dark leaf designs on it as Professor Ivy smiled and decided to handle the matter of introductions.

"Ladies, this is Adrianne Silvers. An aspiring trainer of this Archipelago. Adrianne, these are my assistants: Charity (Pink shirt with flowers), Hope (Green shirt with orange dots) and Faith (orange shirt with leaves)." Professor Ivy said as Adrianne connected names with faces and offered a friendly smile.

"Nice to meet you all. Really this has been a treat." Adrianne said, as one of the girls, Hope, seemed to rub her chin in thought.

"Silvers huh? I heard that name somewhere..." Hope mumbled to herself.

"Oh isn't he that guy who bailed in his match at the Orange League Championship?" Faith asked, and instantly Adrianne's smile seemed to shift to a frown as Professor Ivy sensed this was not a comfortable topic.

"I believe we can put this topic on hold for now, don't want to keep our eager trainer waiting." Professor Ivy said with a measured tone and a sympathetic look to Adrianne. Once that matter was behind them, Professor Ivy led her to the jeep where she took a seat in the back and the Professor worked to drive them off the beach towards the hill, as her lab seemed to be a bit further inland to the island itself.

Even with that old sore opened, she couldn't hide her smile. She was soon enough gonna be an official Pokemon Trainer!​

| Korutesu |

Nico Zacharias Flynn

He definitely heard the announcement, and this would be a wonderful time to try batting against some Pokémon without something happening. He was a bit worried though due to there being a ton of bug types, and usually wild Pokémon are dangerous when nearby. He just had to make sure that he didn't get attacked, nor anyone else get hurt. The combee and ledyba trying to fight eachother wasn't good news, but he knew they were capable to defend themselves. Good thing Pepper was prepared for a fight, He was excited to fight Pokémon.

The ride to Professor Ivy's lab was a touch awkward after that comment about her father, which to Faith's credit she seemed to understand was a touch insensitive and apologized for it to which Adrianne accepted and tried to downplay the whole thing. It was an honest oversight and there had been no reason to hold a grudge, her father always advised Adrianne to turn the other cheek about this sort of thing as she tried to take it in stride.

"Next time Silvers is mentioned in a title match, it'll be when I bring it home. So it'll all be good~"

Professor Ivy drove them closer to her lab but could not help but smile at her demeanor as that kind of spirit might carry her far, and soon enough they pulled up to the lab and Adrianne got a nice view of the place; seemed to be a tip of the island also surrounded on three sides by water with the facility itself having a large field behind the buildings as Adrianne tried to soak it all in.

"Welcome to my humble abode. Follow me and please make yourself comfortable." Professor Ivy explained, leading the group to her lab as Adrianne followed in toe, her body almost seemed to shake a bit with each step as she tried to settle her heartrate; this was just too cool, after her journey over the sea she had been mere moments away from possibly getting a partner and beginning her own journey, this had been the stuff of dreams!

However, upon entry inside Adrianne had gotten a different welcoming than she had expected.

Stepping inside as a discarded book seemed to be lazily on the ground, the place was a mess! Dishes that had yet to be fully washed in the adjacent kitchen, random stuff from clothes to what seemed to be some research papers among other items scattered about. A bookshelf seemed to be badly in need of dusting and really the whole place seemed to be a mess. Adrianne looked on with a sweat drop as Professor Ivy saw this and sighed.

"Ladies, I thought you said you'd have this place taken care of while I was doing research runs?" Ivy asked as her triplet assistants looked on nervously.

"Um w-well uh..." Hope began to stutter out.

"We um began to honestly but uh, was a lot of work." Charity said with a sheepish rub of the back of the head.

Professor Ivy seemed to have a slight scowl and sighed a bit, they were good assistants but made for rather poor housekeepers. She turned to Adrianne with a bit of a regretful expression. "I apologize for the unsanitary state of affairs."

"Oh it's okay Professor. My room can be a mess at times too so I can relate a bit." Adrianne said as she tried to show it was okay, and as the other girls attempted to get something cleaned up Professor Ivy walked over to the main lab and pulled out what seemed to be a trio of Pokeballs as she turned to Adrianne.

"Now for new trainers it is customary to offer a sort of starter, a companion that will be by your side to begin your journey. The Orange Archipelago lacks its own native set of unique starters more common in other regions, but it does not mean we lack variety for options here." Professor Ivy explained, before she tossed up the three Pokeballs as a trio of lights shot out and soon Adrianne was faced to face with a trio of Pokemon.

A Bellsprout, a Magby and an Azurill.​

July 19, Tuesday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto, Eveline

Eveline sighed as she let Rebellion out of their ball, handing them her purse. Rebellion would make a good enough guard... crocodile. for her stuff. She would go put it somewhere else, like a hotel room, but she didn't have any reason to go over there at the time. She didn't have a change of clothes, and she sure as shit wasn't going to wear that wetsuit... man, she had to find a place soon just so she could not ruin her favorite clothes. When Esther hip-bumped her, she showed resistance, clearly not pleased by her antics. Of course she remembered... she was hoping to ride Conquest herself so she could go in, then out, but noooooo... why did kids have to remember so much?

"Fiiiiiiine... I guess I promised. But I'm riding them too, for two reasons. One, your safety, two, if I have to spend more than 15 minutes down there, I am going to flip whatever sunken ship is down there with my bare hands. And then suplex it."

After waiting for Esther to get back, she sent Conquest out into the water so they could get a feel for these waters. They made a few small "nom nom" motions before growling lightly, meaning they were ready to depart.

"Don't worry, they won't bite... as long as you don't be stupid and touch their mouth."

July 19, Tuesday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto, Genevieve

Genevieve, after getting swarmed by a bunch of people, went over and grabbed a wetsuit and put it on over her clothes. Except her scarf, which she just tied even tighter around her face to make sure it didn't fall off. She took Sam off her head and woke him up, telling him to stay on the beach, he was a Phantump, not a Dhelmise. With Sticky Fingers on her back, she would faceplant into the water, and Sticky Fingers would help her swim after Reina.

Rick
Tuesday, June 14th - Relic Castle, Unova

For the next moments, all that could be heard was a hum from the meteonite and the sound of Iris's flames and her heavy breathing. "Girl? Please tell me it's finaly over." Rick called. Iris gave out a hoarse nicker. Rick peeked from the side of the pedestal before getting up and walking to his tired pokémon. "Nice work!" He praised, patting her neck before walking back to the pedestal. "All this work for a rock." He commented, as he reached out to grab the igneous rock from the pedestal... and immediately regreted as he felt his hand burning before even touching it. "Careful! It's hot while it's releasing energy!" Chris warned from the headset, too late for Rick's content. "And you only tell me that now?" Rick complained, shaking his hand. "Well, besides common sense, you should be able to feel it." The man responded.

Then, there was an explosion at the top most balcony, above the fainted volcarona. From the resultant gap came a group of armed men, who quickly surrounded the area. Rick raised an eyebrow as he looked around. It was the same group of bounty hunters he had met outside. "Man, do I miss these guys so much..." He muttered. The boss was one of the last to enter. "Nothing that a few pounds od dynamite can't solve eh guys?" He said. Rick tilted his head and crossed his arms while looking at the man. "Well, look who it it! You're a little late for the party, aren't you?" He said.

The boss looked at Rick with a smirk. "Ah... I'm a simple man, ya know. I don't care as much about how the game plays out. I'm all about the end result." He said, before walking down the stairs and approaching the volcarona. "This bug gave us a lot of trouble. Doesn't look so tough without the power of the meteonite now, does it?" He said, kicking the fainted pokémon down to the lower floor. Rick frowned. "You used me, now I'm seeing it!" He exclaimed.

"We used each other, kid! Don't fall into the false impression that you did all the work by yourself. How many traps did you have to get through? How many of those empowered pokémon did you have to deal with? Pff... you had the course facilitated, thanks to us." The man told him, before looking at the volcarona. "And don't get me started on that bug. Had it not been us wearing it down the last few days, your puny trio of pokémon wouldn't stand a chance!" He continued. He then looked back at Rick, hands in his back. "Ya know boy, I'm curious. What are ya gonna do with the meteonite? What's your big plan?" He asked.

"Oh, I'll take it into a lab for research. And you?" Rick responded. "Research?" The man sighed with a palm in his face. "See, this is the problem I have with working for third parties. You're about to get your hands at one of the most powerfull energy sources in the world. So much potential being thrown to waste for the sake of curiosity. And for how much? A few thousand bucks?" The man started walking left and right, hands on his back as he talked. "Even a small fragment of meteonite has enough energy to power an entire city. Pokémon themselves can also absorb that energy, too, as you had the chance to see for yourself. Of course, it can also be used as a weapon of mass destruction."

"And I bet that's what you're gonna use it for." Rick said with narrowed eyes. The man smirked while giving him a side glimpse. "No, kid. Again, that would be such a waste of potential. Just imagine how much influence you can have with such power in your hands. Forget about governments, world leaders and elite businesses. Everyone will want a share of that power. You can control everything!" He exclaimed, with arms spread. "Of course, the destructive side of the meteonite will also serve its purpose as a tool for peace. Afterall, fear is the greatest equalizer." He added.

"Extortion, then..." Rick said. The man shrugged. "You can call it whatever you want, boy. I like to think of it as community service. I don't expect you to understand. But lets get back to business. By our agreement, we found the meteonite first, but you ultimately completed the mission by getting rid of that volcarona. So how do we solve this problem? I propose that we share the meteonite, since we worked so well together. Like I said earlier, there's no point fighting for it. Especialy for you, who only has one pokémon standing in its last bits." He said. Iris gritted her teeth and started growling as the man referred to her.

Meanwhile, the volcarona recovered and clumsly flew to the meteonite. Upon landing on it, it started aborbing its power with Giga Drain. "Don't let it transform again!" The boss shouted, pointing at it. One of the henchmen fired a rocket at the volcarona. Rick flinched as the projectile flew past him and exploded next to the moth, sending it and the meteonite falling to the lower floor. "Iris!" Rick called. The mare nodded and quickly jumped down the bridge and positioned herself under the volcarona to break its fall.

The man looked on with a frowned expression. "Pff... vile creature! Interrupting a man when he's talking. I don't understand why you suddenly care about it. It tried to kill you, and it almost killed us. But whatever! Lets not get distracted from what we're here for. I made you a proposal and didn't hear an answer from you. Even though it should be a no brainer of what the right option is. You're either with us or against us. So how is it gonna be?" The man asked.

Rick stared at the meteonite down below. Iris leaned to drop the volcarona on the ground, then turned to lock eyes on the rock, and slowly walked towards it. "You seem to have had a lot of trouble with that volcarona. Would be a shame if... you had to go through that a second time." Rick said. The man's eyes narrowed. "Don't you dare trying to harness power that you don't fully understand!" He warned. And, as he did, he was startled by a burst of light coming from the bottom floor. Iris's flames instantly flared up, completely engulfing her in a dome of swirling flames before raising into the air, stoping above the meteonite's pedestal.

"Volcarona did its job protecting the meteonite. Now it's only fair for me to protect it from people like you!" Said Rick, leaning on the pedestal with arms crossed. The fiery dome bursted out as Iris let out a high pitch whinny, her body glowing brightly as she spread out a pair of flaming wings that had grown from her withers. The boss of the hunters gritted his teeth in a mix of anger and concern, until he started looking around. "So what are you waiting for? Fire!" He ordered to his henchmen. Two rockets were fired at Iris. She closed her wings and engulfed herself in flames before spreading them out, releasing a heat wave from her body that exploded the projectiles. Rick grined. "Yeah, I see why you failed against that volcarona!"

The group then started sending out pokémon. A Drapion and a Liepard fired their Dark Pulses. Iris responded by firing a huge stream of flames from her body at the two pokémon, whose attacks got completely overcomed. The boss then sent out a Rhyperior. "Use Rock Wrecker!" He ordered. A large boulder formed between the Rhyperior's hands before it threw it at Iris. A Solar Blade formed in Iris's horn and she swinged it down, slicing the boulder in half. She then pointed the blade at the Rhyperior before firing it at the Drill Pokémon as a Solar Beam.

Next was his Salamence. "Very well, lets take this to the skies then. Use Dragon Pulse!" He shouted. The dragon fired a beam of draconic energy at Iris, while she responded with a Solar Beam. Both moves clashed in the middle and exploded. Iris then fired off a Fire Blast, which the Salamence dodged to the side. "Hydro Pump!" The boss commanded. A huge jet of spiraling water came out from the Salamence's mouth. Iris closed her wings in front of her to block the attack, resulting in a big wall of steam as the water came into contact with her flames. The jet continued until Iris spread out her wings, sending out a gust of wind that canceled the attack. The boss gasped, before calling out the next attack. "Stone Edge!" Multiple small sharp rocks materialized around the Salamence before being fired at Iris. The mare climbed into the air to avoid them. Her body then started glowing brightly and her flames turned into a white-yellow tone, before she dived down at the Salamence at high speed, sending it crashing to the ground.

"Are we done?" Rick asked. The boss gritted his teeth, his body shaking as he clenched his fists. "Alright boys! Everyone attacks at the same time!" He ordered. Iris narrowed her eyes and flew back to gain some distance. The henchmen sent out the few pokémon they still had remaining. "Ready? Attack!" The boss shouted. At his order, several attacks are launched at Iris. The mare closed her wings in front of her, forming a shield around her to protect from the onslaught. A huge cloud of smoke formed as the attacks connected one after the other. Soon after, Iris bursted out in flames, clearing out the smoke. At this point, most of the henchmen had already turned tail and retreated, and Iris had had enough of the others. She cloaked in flames and started flying in circles around the group of pokémon, leaving a trail of flames as she passed until they were engulfed in a column of swirling flames. She then flew back to her original spot above the pedestal. The flames kept raging for a few seconds before they died out, revealing the full group of pokémon unconscious.

"Hmm... welp! That was fun! For me, at least." Rick said, with a faint smile. The henchmen, with weary expressions, returned their pokémon. Their boss, on the other hand, didn't hide his frustration. "I always get what I want. And I won't let a random kid steal my treasure." He said, pulling out a gun from a holster and pointing it at Rick. Iris landed at the bridge with a loud thud, her wings spread wide as she growled at the man with bared teeth. "Pff... your treasure? That's why I despise people like you. Always thinking that everything is theirs to exploit for profit." Rick said. The man lowered his gun and slowly started backing away. "Guess you won today, kid. But I don't give up so easily. You haven't seen the last of us." He said, turning back and walking off. Rick narrowed his eyes. "If you ever decide to come back, at least you know what will be waiting you." He said. The man gave him a side glance and a smirk, before leaving with the rest of his group.

Rick took a deep breath, until Chris talked to him. "Did you see what it can do?" He said. "Yes. I did." Rick replied, patting Iris on the neck, before looking down at the meteonite that was still lying at the bottom. "No one should be allowed to have this much power." He added, as he started walking away to the exit. "Whoa, wait! What about the meteonite?" Chris asked. "Sorry, Chris. There are some things that should never be found. The meteonite is one of them." Rick told him, with a frowned expression. Meanwhile, the volcarona recovered and flew to Rick, though it didn't seem aggressive for once. The two stared at each other for a moment, until Rick speaked. "They entrusted you to protect the meteonite. We tried to steal it. I'm sorry... but you can rest, now." He told to the moth, before walking past it.

Rick mounted on Iris and flew back to the Volcarona's shrine. "Well. Now to find our way out. 'Cause the one we came from is totally blocked." He said, looking around. "Hey! At least now we can go up, right?" He added. Iris gave him a side glance and a smile. She also noticed from the corner of her eye that the volcarona was back again and following them, this time carrying the meteonite between its claws. She stopped and groaned, while the volcarona cut ahead of them. Rick raised an eyebrow and dismounted. "What is it?" He asked. The volcarona droped the glowing rock on the ground in front of them. Rick stared at the meteonite for a few moments. "You trust us?" He asked. The volcarona chirped in responde. Rick then sighed. "Well... if that's what you want... I promise we'll keep it safe!" He said. Iris went ahead and grabed the meteonite in her mouth. The moth did a short dance, to which Iris bowed in return.

Rick then mounted on Iris once more. "Not trying to abuse our luck, but... mind telling us where another exit is?" He asked, scratching his head. The volcarona flew back to the room where the meteonite was originaly. She turned to them and started chirping and spinning. "I guess there is another way out!" Rick said, before they followed the moth.

Meanwhile, back in Castelia's harbor, Chris was sitting at his desk with a very depressed face. Having traveled all the way from Sinnoh for nothing. Or so he thought. Turns out the headset he gave to Rick ran out of charge shortly before he received the meteonite from the volcarona. Then, out of nowhere, Iris landed from the sky right into the boat's stern, causing Chris to jump out of his seat. "What the...!"

"Hello Chris! Long time no see!" Rick shouted. Chris held up on the chair to stand up before looking up. "Is that... the meteonite?" He asked. "Yep! Apparently, that volcarona thought it would be better off with us. So you're in luck!" Rick explained, before seating down on a bench. "Now, if you don't mind... take us home! Oh, and pass me those sandwishes and the soda. Iris can have the lettuce, I hate that crap." Chris picked on a small insulated box and held it up towards Iris for her to drop the meteonite in. "Oh boy, I can't wait to figure this thing out!" He exclaimed, as got on the ship's controlers and started sailing off.

Esther
Tuesday – Afternoon July 19
Ogi City – Beach, Whirl Archipelago
Johto Region​
Team On-hand: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Pariparisithea (Munna), Halay-Alae (Houndour), L’ Basseau (Surskit), Unnamed (Shellos) In Esther’s care: Feebas​

“One step ahead of you!” Esther cackled madly and haphazardly threw a rope in Eveline’s direction. On one end—the end she’d thrown to Eveline—was attached a bit that her Sharpedo could bite down on; and, on the other end was a handle. “You think it’s safe to wake-board via Sharpedo? Guess we’re about to find out, haha!”

Esther grabbed her board and dived into the surf, she popped two of the pokéballs at her waist and released L’ Basseau and her newly caught and yet unnamed Shellos. Neither pokémon could carry her, but if things went awry, it was better to have them ready. Besides, from the way Gene had hit the water, they’d need all hands on deck.

Once Esther settled onto the board and steadied herself, the only thing left was to wait for Eveline, who she encouraged with a grin. “Let’s go Fast!

Esther drifted to a stop over to the dive spot, lips fixed into a crescent grin. It had been far too long.

“Roger that, I’ll be right back!”

Although they could vaguely see the sunken ship from the surface, the old-timey vessel was well and truly sunk; it sat on the ocean bed. But that’s what the re-breathers were for! After she equipped her re-breather and beckoned Shellos onto her arm, Esther took the plunge.

She tried not to get distracted by her surroundings, but then again...it was the scout’s job to get distracted. And so, Esther allowed herself to get lost in the world underwater: just ahead was a shelf of coral reefs, brightly colored and lively with pokémon both familiar and not. If she squinted hard, she thought she make out a Corsola or two; they were almost invisible against the backdrop of the reef, but occasionally they would move to shoo away the little silver fish that tried to nibble on their branches. In the waters above the reef, a school of Magikarp swam in baffled circles. Were they lost? Feeding? Bored? Esther was no marine biologist. She hadn’t the slightest clue.

Below the reef shelf was an undersea ridge, where craggy shadows were illuminated by a scattering of small blue glow fish. Below even that, Esther could spot a few scattered fishbones and shells—wait, had that shell just moved? She tried to get a closer look, but alas, she was a child, and the next flurry of motion quickly stole her attention. A jagged blue figure cut through the water, all spines and sharp edges. It had the look of something fierce, and when it turned to look at her, she wisely decided to skedaddle.

Finally, almost reluctantly, she gave the ship a thorough once-over. Once that was over, she began to swim back to the surface. Five or so minutes after she’d gone under, she resurfaced.

“There are so many pokémon down there! It’s...beautiful! The ship looks mostly clear; I didn’t get to check below deck. There’re a few rooms near the back of the ship, the captain’s quarters...maybe, and what remains of a trapdoor that I think leads below deck or to the brig...there are probably pokémon nesting in there, probably what broke the door. I think I spotted a few holes around the hull as well, could be pokémon, could just be...something else.”

$5330

Seal Case

PokéFlute

Clip-on roller skates

Hand-woven kilt

Esther
Friday – Morning July 1
Lumiose City
Kalos Region​

“Me and my big mouth, eh?” Esther laughed; a shallow self-deprecating chuckle.

A bug pokémon swarm... that was no joke. Bug pokémon were among the most populous types and they tended to live in large colonies. Anything worthy of being called a swarm would have truly mind-boggling numbers and that went twice over because it was a Combee swarm. The honeycomb pokémon were already the type to live in large hives with tens of members...so how many would they face along the route? Hundreds? A thousand? Their only saving grace was—“At least it’s not Beedrill.”

Beedrill swarms were a unique breed of terror and those unlucky enough to be trapped within were...well, the last story she had heard had been of a guy who had a Beedrill stinger shoved so far up his arse that—ugh, Esther’s tummy churned and the galette of five minutes ago almost made a reappearance.

Luckily it was a Combee swarm. Fortunately, it was a Combee swarm. Thank Arceus it was a Combee swarm. Combee she could handle; Combee she knew.

“It won’t be too bad, Combee are weak individually, pretty timid too. They’ll only get aggressive if ordered by a Vespiquen.” Esther hummed after the warning, was she forgetting anything? No—“I think that’s it, steer clear of Vespiquen and it's smooth sailing... we can even snag ourselves some honey!”

That last bit had the Oblivian licking her lips conspiratorially. With a wicked gleam in her eyes, she turned to the boys. “I don’t suppose one of you is packing jars?”

$3,000

Hand-woven kilt

Kaden Miller - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh
Kaden's brow furrowed as he tried to think of his next move, but looked at Ezio as the Ruin Maniac complimented him, "Ah, just trying my best here. Not too much into battling so my pokemon are pulling most of the weight here," the coordinator re-focused onto the battle. He had no idea what the move was that Ezio just called out. Kaden got stuck into his own mind, trying to guess what his opponent was planning, but in doing so let the seeds land on Astraea head on. From the seeds sprouted small plants with roots wrapping around the Starmie. The roots then glowed red and the Mysterious pokemon made distressed noises with the light in their core flickering.

"What kind of move is that?" Kaden said, confused and looked at his pokemon worried. Was it even a direct attack? He then shook his head, trying to get his focus back on the battle, "Either way, Astraea! Tri Attack!"

Even while bound by the vins, the Starmie could still shoot out attacks and did just as their trainer ordered. Three balls of energy formed at three different tips of their appendages. One electric, one fire and lastly one ice. The move then shot out, all different elemental attacks trying to hit the Cradily.

Lara Brook - 10th of June - Route 3, Galar

"It really is," Lara said after snapping a couple pictures herself, "But I think that was pretty much everything I had in mind to teach you today. You're a really quick learner," the photographer said with a small smile as her gaze turned to look at the bird keeper once again and turned her camera off and put the lens cap on among other things, "Let's wrap it up," Lara then said to her Rotom who was still just focused on the flying grass types.

"I'll suggest making a report on the upcoming Swablu migration though. Hopefully KENN thinks it'll be an interesting enough topic," she then said, fidgeting with the strap of her bag slightly.

After the girls packed up the equipment, Lara promised to bring it back to the Networks headquarters (auto perms given by @DarkHydraT ). Nicole seemed like a nice person and truth be told, Lara looked forward to possibly working with her again. The bag was a bit large for her to carry. Not that it was very heavy, but that it was just quite large to carry. Eventually the reporter made it all the way to the headquarters and returned the filming equipment. Taking the opportunity to talk with some people in KENN, Lara also took up the topic of possibly making a report on the Swablu migration. They said that it could be something to look into, but nothing more for the time being.

Lara also talked with people how things went with Nicole and taught her to film. The reporter had nothing but good things to say. That the bird keeper was a very quick learner and had a 'Keen eye'. Of course Lara couldn't help but chuckle a bit at her pun. The others weren't as amused at the joke though. After finishing up her business with KENN, Lara had the rest of the day to herself. Well, partially. She now had a whole new pokemon to take care of, and she bet it'll be a lot different than caring for Rotom, who mostly just sustained themselves on electricity. They had a lot of research to do.. and things to buy as well.

----

Over the weekend Lara learned a lot about Toast and how to care for him. One of those things being that it's a bad idea to have him out of his pokeball while in the hotel room. She had to buy pokefood that was suitable for him, a bowl, some care products like a comb and of course let him run free and roll in dust and mud at least once a day. Toast was quite passive so to say. Just happy to do whatever, but Lara learned quickly that if you really wanted to motivate the donkey pokemon, just promise him some treats. Overall, it had been quite fun so far with her new pokemon and of course Rotom had taken plenty of pictures of everything. Like when Toast was thrashing about in their hotel room, or tackled Lara into a puddle of mud as she called him over with the help of a snack.

On Sunday, as Lara returned to Budew in after being outside together with Toast she happened to get a call from KENN. It wasn't unusual that she would get sudden calls from them, even if it was the weekend so she swiftly answered it. To her delight, the network had decided to write a little thing on the migration that Lara had suggested. Immediately the reporter smiled widely as KENN then asked if she was willing to go take photos since she seemed to have a knack for photographing Pokemon. Of course Lara accepted it and then asked if Nicole could also join her to film it and because she was a bird keeper. Her knowledge on flying types would surely be handy for a Swablu migration.

16th of June - North Lake Miloch, Wild Area, Galar

It was extremely early in the morning, way earlier than Lara would have liked to gotten up at least. Well, at least she got up early for a good reason. Namely the Swablu migration that was supposed to happen today. She had the whole day reserved just for this and she couldn't be more excited. She was waiting closely by the Motostoke wall for Nicole to join her before going out to the lake to wait for the Cotton bird Pokemon to make their appearance. Toast had a bag with all the film equipment on his back, easily carrying the large bag as they stared ahead with no thoughts in mind. Rotom on the other hand was zipping around eagerly, more so than usual even. Looked like they were just as excited as their trainer for the day.

Montagne Khastil
July 1 - Parterre Way (Route 4), Kalos

"That's a negative on the jars," Monty answered his apparently suicidal companion as he crossed through the gate to Parterre Way. The route was lined on either side with row upon row of bountiful flowers, each one in full bloom as they greedily soaked up the July sun's rays, and the criminal squinted his eyes against the bright light. "But I'm not sure this is the time for beekeeping."

The Lumiosite's gaze wasn't focused on the beautiful flowers, but the veritable clouds of pokémon that hung over them farther down the route. A low hum resounded in the air, the furious beating of what could be hundreds of wings, which was punctuated by near-constant use of moves by one pokémon or another.

Oracle looked up at him skeptically. Did he really expect her to carve a path? That sounded like a lot of work. Luckily for her, Monty had another pokémon in mind.

"You're up, Chauffe," the man said as he released his Houndour, and the pup gave a high-spirited bark as he materialized in front of him. Chauffemagne put his nose to the ground as he sniffed around, likely picking up on the scents of the flowers and myriad pokémon, and Monty turned to Esther and Nico.

"Looks like this'll be the perfect time to test out some teamwork." The swarming Bug-Types would get thicker the farther they walked, and even if the Combee were as weak as Esther said he was still worried about their strength in numbers. Better that they do the same thing.

| Korutesu |

Nico Zacharias Flynn

They were going to have to be prepared if they wanted to be safe, but before that, Esther asked if any of them had jars. He could check, since he uses jars to store leftover food most of the time. He opened his bag, and turns out there are a few jars in here.

"Here, I've got some jars for you!" He handed the jar over to Esther, and now they needed to get ready to fight those Combee and Ledyba. He threw out Pepper's ball, and now this would be an amazing time to try battling. Pepper looked ready to fight these bug type Pokémon, and Nico was too. Time to get ready to fight, and not to forget not to get hurt.

Last edited:
Rick
July 14th - Sunyshore City, Sinnoh

One month after the events in the Relic Castle, Rick was called by Chris to come to the latter's lab at Sunyshore. He had be studying the meteonite for the last few weeks, and was about to tell Rick what he had found. And it wasn't just the meteonite that was being studied. Iris was also kept in observation for all this time, after her exposure to the radiation.

Rick entered the main room. He saw the meteonite glowing inside a dome with multiple layers of plexiglass for protection. And next to it was Iris connected to some kind of machine with a bunch of sensors. Judging by her facial expression, it was pretty clear that she wasn't particularly ammused with the experience. "Sorry... it's for your own good." Rick told her. Iris opened an eyelid and snorted. Rick leaned on a wall with arms crossed, and tried to start a conversation to lighten the environment. "So... how do you move those wings?" He asked.

Chris eventualy came back with some papers in hand. "Alright! So... lets go straight to the part that concerns you. In theory, every single pokémon should be able to evolve beyond the formes we currently know, if given enough energy to do so. But the more they evolve, the more energy they require, and at a certain point it can only be achieved with external factors. Basicaly what happened to her was, she was exposed to such high amounts of radiation and absorbed so much energy from that meteonite, that she broke the limit on what should be possible for her to evolve naturaly." He explained.

Rick raised an eyebrow. "Mega Evolution, then? 'Cause from what I learned, Mega Stones and Keystones are formed from meteorites. Sounds similar enough to me. Even though the meteonite has different properties." He said.

"Professor Sycamore is the authority when it comes to that subject, so I would have to discuss this with him. Technicaly it's not the same thing. You don't need a Mega Stone or a Keystone. Besides, with Mega Evolution, the energy is released all at once, and the Pokémon changes in a matter of seconds. The meteonite releases the energy much slower and it can take years until the pokémon gets enough energy to change. Unless, of course, something absorbs the energy quickly in some other way. For a pokémon with Flash Fire, simply touching it can be enough, since it releases thermal energy. Volcarona doesn't have Flash Fire, but it's been guarding that meteonite for so many years, it transformed simply from prolonged exposure." Chris explained.

Rick rubbed his face and sighed. "Well... so how does this work? Is she gonna stay like that forever?" He asked.

Chris sat down in front of a computer, before responding. "She should revert back to her original forme once the energy she absorbed runs out. She's constantly absorbing energy from the meteonite, so as long as she's near it and not spending too much energy, she should be able to maintain it indefinitely. She should also be able to conserve it and only use it when necessary. Now, I don't recommend you walk around with a nuclear reactor in your pocket and use it whenever you want. But check this out." Chris steped to the side a little, pointing at the screen with a pen.

Rick approached and leaned forward to look at the screen, where it showed an image of Iris's internal body. "Oh, wow... I didn't know she has mammary glands!" Rick exclaimed with a gapping mouth. "What? No! I want you to look at this pocket right here!" Chris shouted, pointing at the monitor again. Rick frowned. "Ah... that's the flame sack. Nothing special." He said. Chris sighed, before continuing. "See those dots? Looks like she's not aware of how much strength she has in her jaws, because she got tiny fragments of the meteonite inside." Chris told him with a smirk, before continuing. "Since the meteonite also seems to have some sort of solar absorption, it should slowly recharge given enough time and favorable conditions." He explained.

Chris then stood up from his chair and walked to Iris to start removing all the sensors from her. "Anyways! I won't waste anymore fof your time. This rock will keep me entertained for next few weeks, so for the time being, I don't think I'll have anything special for you to do for me." He paused, gave Iris a pat at her cheek, then walked back to his desk and towards Rick. "So... do you have any plans?" Chris asked.

"Weeks, you say? That's plenty of time..." Rick muttered, rubbing his chin. He rolled his eyes, as Iris walked up towards him. He started walking around the mare with a thoughtful look, tapping one of her wings and flaping it a little, until he finally spoke, with a grin in his face and rubbing his hands. "I think... we should start practicing!"

Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto (July 19th)

Snap

Snap!

Snap!!

Indeed, it was beautiful, as he waited to see if any Pokemon had been inside the sunken ship through Politoed, Desmond had taken the chance to snap himself some photos with his underwater camera. While the amount of Pokemon had been a bit troubling, so far they largely seemed to avoid his area and that's exactly how he wished to keep it.

But even he, someone who seemed to presume that these Pokemon were always one moment away from turning aggressive on him, someone as jaded and generally cynical as he could be....even he had to admit this was a breathtaking sight. One straight out of his dreams and within his dive suit and breathing apparatus...a smile crossed his lips, one of almost child-like wonder.

I know you are watching up there somewhere Alvin, this is all for you...

"Oh w-w-wow they are all so cool!" Adrianne cried out, Staryu in her eyes as she darted about the trio of Pokemon almost like an infectious schoolgirl as Professor Ivy chuckled a bit seeing the exuberant passion on display.

"Can tell you are excited, feel free to pick whichever one you want." Professor Ivy explained, and already Adrianne seemed to have a tough choice...she loved all of them and having to pick only one was quite the challenge as she scanned over each of them carefully. The Bellsprout seemed to be a cool customer, having not broken eye contact with Adrianne once and even tilted its head as it followed her gaze. Magby seemed to be the more excitable one, bouncing a bit in place with a big smile which she had found infectious. The Azurill seemed to be the shy one of the bunch, almost trying to hide out of view but it had a cure, curious gaze focused on Adrianne that melted her heart.

Eventually, she seemed to come to a decision, as she kneeled in front of the Azurill and seemed to offer a warm smile to it. "Hey there, little guy...or uh girl, shouldn't presume." Adrianne chuckled before she cleared her throat. "I ain't gonna hurt you, I promise. I think you are awesome and, if you agree to come with me, I think we can be even more awesome together. I know it all seems scary, but...I think we can really have fun and make memories to last a lifetime together. What do you say?" Adrianne asked, speaking gently as she could as she conveyed no aggression behind her tone. The Azurill seemed to look on, nervous at first but as it seemed to sense she was telling the truth, it cautiously bounced closer to her open hand, and seemed to nuzzle a bit against it.

"Nice to meet you partner." Adrianne said with a smile.

Nakano Saito​

Date: 1 Month Ago (26 years old); June 16
Location: Eterna City Pokemon Center Battlefield -> Eterna City Pokemon Center, Sinnoh
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Hanu the Infernape, Yuki the Froslass, Aero the Aerodactyl, Orochi the Zweilous

Interactions: Gwen Tucker (IDKWhatUserNameToDo), Ron Towers, Luz the Espeon, and Furia the H-Typhlosion (Hecotoro)

Oh, Furia was still out there? Yuki didn't seem to care, but she did her best to avoid blowing more ice on the Typhlosion before finding the molten rock not so hot to stand on anymore. She tested it, drifting slowly to the ground and feeling it with her hand. Nope, no heat. At least, it was still a little warm, but it wasn't as warm as it was earlier. Doing a job well done, she swiped her hands and went back to hover beside Naka, who was chuckling nervously. "Eh, I didn't mean to say she was untrained like that. It came out wrong. I meant she just likely wanted to train in her new form and hadn't been able to."

Giving Ron time to talk to Furia alone probably was a good idea. She looked over to see the Espeon is all well, and Gwen was alright. Naka noticed something was on Gwen's mind, and she smiled. "Alright. Let's get our Pokemon a good check up. Arceus knows Hanu and Aero need it, as well." She looked back at Ron, a more reserved smile on her face. "We won't be too long. Likely we won't be leaving the center for a fat few minutes, anyway. Get some bonding time in~." She cooed before resting a hand on Gwen's shoulder. "Come on, let's go." With that she began walking out of the battlefield and into the Pokemon Center, but stopping in her walk to make sure Gwen was following her.

Once they got there, Naka guided her to the front desk. "I noticed you got something on your mind. Do you want to tell me?"

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 19 (26yo)
Location: Ogi City, Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Brute Tooth the Barraskewda

Interactions: Desmond and Politoed (Godjacob), Reina and Peque the Swampert (Hecotoro), Aldon and Skol the Slowpoke (ThAtGuY101)
Mentions: Esther, Shellos, and L'Basseau the Surskit (kyuukestu)

It seemed almost everyone was near the site. Esther swam around then swam up to the surface with her Shellos and Surskit. Reina and her Swampert swam into the ship while Desmond and snapped some pictures, his Politoed around where Reina was at. Aldon had swam above Desmond and was pressing his face against one of the algae-covered windows, with his Slowpoke swimming around him.

With a hold on the reins of her Barraskewda, she pointed and had him swim her to the hole Reina had entered. Of course, the snapping of the camera had angered something, as it didn't seem to be very photogenic. In fact, pretty photophobic. A long and blue finned creature, its head bigger than the rest of it's body in circumference, swam out of a window that didn't have glass. The Huntail was busy minding his own business, getting ready to conk out for the day when he found someone staring at him through this weird device with a reflective surface.

It looked at him funny, and he was going to bite it.

Of course, the Huntail couldn't even get close, as when he had opened up his maw, something slammed into him. The brown trout bit the Huntail by the tail and threw it away, Naka swimming in next to Desmond and giving him a thumbs up, despite whatever reaction he may have. The Huntail, of course, tried going for Naka this time, but she grabbed the hard by the base of the head, her vicegrip proving difficult to slip out of. That's when she let go of Barraskewda's reins, and the Water-Type bit onto the Huntail and swam with it back to the seabed, where he made sure the Huntail stayed down.

She looked back at Desmond, checking to see if he was okay. "You okay? Glad I was here, huh?"

She really wanted to give the poor guy a hug. His phobia was no joke. What was even more terrifying was that Huntail barely made a sound as he charged both times.

~ALDON...~

"Time to check it out, huh?" Aldon said before swimming over to the doorway. Slowly making his way in the boat. Lots of algae. Rust too. So much rust. "Arceus...! I'll probably need a tetnus shot or two if I touch anything in this thing" Aldon looked out the window, he had been looking in. He saw the others.

Skol began swimming towards the boat, and bumped its head against the window in an attempt to squeeze through. Second times the charm, right? No. Skol was not getting through that glass window. It used zen headbutt, but that only broke the window, and Skol still did not fit through the window hole. The pokemon pulled its head out before contemplating how Aldon got into the boat. Aldon eventually made its way to the door, to which a bewildered Skol, happily swam towards him. Aldon turned around and went back in the boat. Skol looked back at the window and nearly attempted to go for round 3, but ultimately deciding to use the doorway. All sorts of stuff. Aldon was careful not to move around to much so not to get dirt everywhere and make it hard to see.

It had been moments like this, where Desmond wondered if this lingering Pokephobia was something he'd be able to work through, perhaps if he just acclimated to things perhaps if he allowed himself to open up to these creatures a little more...it perhaps could be worked into a point where it had not been a big deal anymore.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"​

But a speeding Huntail reminded him why he'd never have nice things. It seemed drawn to the camera, and with its jaw wide opened it seemed to carry malicious intent as a thunderous shriek filled the water as Desmond looked on wide-eyed and covered his eyes as he braced for the worst of it. Before he even had the chance to have his life flash before his eyes however, Naka intervened and seemed to force the Huntail away before he checked up to make sure Desmond was okay.

"I...I'll live...I think..." Desmond said, as for a moment he swore his soul left his body as his face even behind his breathing apparatus seemed to pale significantly and needless to say he needed a minute to collect himself.

On a more peaceful note, Politoed seemed to enjoy the time of its life; exploring the interior of the sunken ship. Much to Desmond's concern there seemed to be several Pokemon inside of it, which included some Octillery who seemed to cuddle by the old kitchen of the place. Politoed was sure to wave at them as it swam happily through the ship.

However, it heard a door open as the frog Pokemon swam to inspect and seemed to see Aldon and Skol swim inside. Happy some of Desmond's friends had arrived, it happily swam over and clapped greeting them. "Politoed Politoed~!"

Adrianne soon enough was given the Azurill's Pokeball and she returned her new partner inside. Seemed she was happy to have made her choice and as Ivy returned her Magby and Bellsprout she walked over and seemed to have some other items on hand; about five empty and miniature Pokeballs and what looked like some red device.

"These as I am sure you know are some extra Pokeballs. Will help you catch more Pokemon I am sure you'll need on this journey. And this here is a Pokedex, should help you identify Pokemon wherever you go and I would advise recording as much data as you can." Professor Ivy explained presenting the items towards Adrianne who accepted them and placed them along her bag as she seemed to have a wide grin.

"I got it Professor, don't you worry I'll be sure to use these well~!" Adrianne assured and even gave a thumbs up which caused Ivy to chuckle a bit, this one was exuberant if nothing else which she enjoyed.

"Now then, I believe you said you wished to participate in the World Coronation Series, and partake in the Orange League?" Professor Ivy asked as Adrianne nodded with great enthusiasm before Professor Ivy handed her what seemed to be a map as she smiled at the beginner trainer.

"The Pokemon Center on this island should be helpful in getting you registered for each. This map should help you find your way." Professor Ivy explained as Adrianne smiled and took the map with gratitude and seemed to be beaming as she had all the needed tools.

"Oh Professor I cannot thank you enough. I wish I had a way to repay you for all this~" Adrianne said as Ivy chuckled a bit, but then she remembered the little boat that Adrianne had come in and realized there was little chance that she'd be able to make the journey across all islands in that. And if she resorted to that, she likely was low on money for a ferry or something...but then she seemed to sparkle with an idea.

"Well, there is one thing you can do for me." Professor Ivy said as she presented Adrianne with another Pokeball which seemed to puzzle Adrianne before she was given clarity. "I want you to take this, it is my Gyarados. That uniqely colored one you met today. While I don't expect you to use it for battle, not being your own Pokemon and all, I've always wanted to let it explore the vast sea of the Orange Archipelago and your journey could be a good chance I've been looking for." Professor Ivy said as Adrianne seemed to be speechless by this.

"I...I am stunned. I-I cannnot thank you enough Professor. B-but are you sure? I-I can find a way to move the islands, I don't want you feeling like you have to lend me this if you are not certain..." Adrianne had began to say before Professor Ivy raised a finger over her lips as if she passed a signal "shush" before she replied.

"I wouldn't do anything unless I was sure of it. Reason I become dedicated to Pokemon research. All I ask is you take care of it and bring it back to me safely when your journey here is finished. And have fun, that is a must~" Professor Ivy said with a smile and a show of trust to the new trainer as Adrianne looked on in shock, before she slowly smiled back and found an added motivation as she accepted the Gyarados' Pokeball.

"You can count on me Professor~!"

Well, having this Gyarados around would be handy to swim from island to island, while she had a degree of pride in the little boat that could it barley made it here in one piece...but this was beyond anything Adrianne expected

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 19 (26yo)
Location: Ogi City, Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Brute Tooth the Barraskewda

Interactions: Desmond (Godjacob)
Mentions: Desmond's Politoed (Godjacob), Aldon and Skol the Slowpoke (ThAtGuY101)

Naka watched as Skol struggled with the window, laughing before the Slowpoke followed Aldon inside. She stayed by Desmond's side, not too concerned about going inside and it seemed his Politoed had left him to greet the Octillery and swim around inside.

While her Barraskewda continued to bully the Huntail and scare it off, Naka's Wishiwashi swam up, her tiny little tail wagging so hard as she swam up to be in front of Naka and Desmond, looking between the two. Naka poked Desmond's shoulder and made a gesture to her Wishiwashi, petting the fish's head. "This is Iwa the Wishiwashi. Maybe take a photo of her?" It was a suggestion. Whether he did so or not was up to him. Regardless, if he did, the Wishiwashi had an interest in him and swam up to him, staring at him with what someone can assume would be child-like awe with those big eyes of hers. Unlike most Wishiwashi - whose expression almost always seemed like they were terrified or ready to cry - Iwa's expression was smiling and eyes wide, the blue 'x' shape for an iris practically glittering like a sapphire, or the sun's rays against the wave's surface.

Ezio Farello - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh

The Leech Seed hit the Starmie, this would put the Pokémon on a timer and make it much more manageable. However, it was still very dangerous with its Ice Beam. As Kaden called out Tri Attack, Ezio furrowed his brow. An interesting move, with its chance to inflict three different status afflictions. The beams passed the Stone Edge and hit Envelop, who didn't seem too phased by the attack.

"Tri Attack is a Normal move, and Rock types resist Normal attacks. Envelop, hit them with Confuse Ray!" Ezio called out as his Cradily shuddered and sent a bunch of shining lights towards Astraea in an attempt to confuse them.

--------------

Nicole Newman - 16th of June - North Lake Miloch, WIld Area, Galar

Nicole left Motostoke and walked up to Lara. She didn't see the need to fly on Cassidy when it was such a short distance to walk. That and the Corviknight Taxis always seemed to agitate her. "Good morning, Lara." She said, slinging her camera bag around her back. "Are you ready to film the Swablu migration? We'll have a long day ahead of us, after all." The Bird Keeper said, seemingly excited as she kept bouncing her foot.

July 19, Tuesday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto. Reina, current rank, 34,107

Reina swam into the ship, eager to find any treasures that could still be hidden in it. She knew Desmond and his Politoad would be okay, besides she was a few feet away and her Swampert could easily get to them in case of an emergency. Or so she thought. While trying to move a knocked down wooden shelf while Peque guarded the door, a commotion was heard outside the ship. She wanted to go check it out, but she was halfway through lifting the old furniture. Her Swampert knew his duty though, swimming over to check on Desmond, only to see Naka had already taken care of the threat. He figured things were now okay and swam back to his trainer, the proud girl who refused to have her super strong Pokemon do the lifting.

After complaining in her native language. Reina finally moved the shelf, oxygen bubbles escaping from being trapped there who knows how long. "See? I can do it." She told her Swampert, who was too focused on the items his trainer had just uncovered.

Amongst the items there was a black and white photograph, two old wine cups and some mossy stone, with a blue shine underneath it. Reina followed her Pokemon's gaze, noticing the stone also. She swopped down to pick it up, trying to remove the moss from it with her fingers until she uncovered the center of it. She wasn't an expert, but the stone had some sort of bubbles inside. She smiled with excitement, had she finally found a Water Stone for her Lombre? She tossed it to Peque, who opened his mouth and hid it inside his left cheek.

"Let's keep looking!" Reina called out, swimming further into the ship, on the opposite side of Aldon.

Ron, Eterna City.

"Alright, we'll be here. You staying Luz?" Ron looked down at his Espeon, the psychic type giving him a small nod before curling up and laying on the ground. "That's a yes."

Once Gwen and Naka had left, Ron walked over to the warm battlefield, his Typhlosion still laying belly up on the ground. The Johto trainer took a sit next to Furia, letting out a long whistle before looking at her. "That was some fighting, you feel better now?"

Furia opened on eye, one mean looking eye at her trainer. She grunted and closed it again, unpleased with his attempt to "bond".

"Okay, so we're still not happy with each other. That's fine. That fact that you're not attacking me right now is a big improvement in my opinion." Ron smiled and hit the dirt a couple of times with his palm, "You really messed this place up. You have to admit, we were really in sync back then."

Furia groaned and turned on her side, curling up and giving her back to Ron. Her trainer laughed, she didn't want to admit it, but he was right. If it weren't for him calling out some moves, she might have to tried and just brute forced her way to victory. That damn monkey was too annoying though, Ron's judgement had helped out. Still, she wanted to prove she was powerful on her own.

"Alright, you can have your nap. I'm gonna go pet Luz, she actually enjoys my company." Ron said getting up, with no reaction from the fire type.

He walked over and sat next to Luz, scratching her behind the ears, causing the pink feline to meow loudly before purring and stretching out on the ground. Son of a bitch! Furia growled as she got up, looking grumpy as she slowly walked over to Ron and Luz, laying down near Ron, glaring at him demanding her scratches behind her ears. Ron didn't say anything, just held in his laugh as he reached out and started scratching his Typhlosion.

Esther
Friday – Morning July 1
Lumiose City
Kalos Region​

“Perfect~” Esther snatched up the offered jars with a gleeful cackle and soon her eyes were darting back and forth across the lush woodland of route 4. Combee were quick and agile, so if she wanted to snatch that sweet liquid gold from under their noses then she needed to field a pokémon that was quicker and even more agile. She had just the pokémon, “KISS, KISS, Kasriel!”

The Galarian Zigzagoon took to the field once more, tongue hanging from its jaws. Kasriel sniffed and caught a whiff of something sweet. Esther knew the raccoon pokémon had a bit of a sweet tooth and was more than bold enough to dive into a swarm of Combee to satisfy it, but when Kasriel made an about turn and faced Oracle, the Oblivia found herself rolling her eyes.

“Eyes on the prize lover boy, we’re got honey to gather!”

Almost reluctantly Kasriel turned from Oracle and he began to sniff around, racing from side-to-side in Zigzagoon patented zigzag motions. Of all the pokémon on Esther’s team, Kasriel had the best sense of smell. If anyone was gonna find that Combee hive, it was gonna be him. Esther grinned and followed at a job, throwing a coy wink over her shoulder towards Monty and Nico.

“Teamwork, right? Let’s go!”

$3,000

Hand-woven kilt

~Aldon...~

Skol looked at the jolly green frog give a cheerful greeting. Skol attempted to return the greeting by clapping its front paws, but its front paws barely touched and was difficult to make a clapping sound. So instead Skol tapped its feat against the floor of the ship and waved its tail at the frig pokémon. "Slo...! Slo!" Skol cheerfully mused.

Aldon saw Desmond and Naka outside the boat, and Reina head the other way. The others were somewhere Aldon couldn't see them. Aldon went through one of the rooms. The door was closed. Aldon tried to pull the rusted iver handwheel, but could not make it budge. He tried gesturing Skol toopen the door, but Skol interpreted that as zen headbut. It put a dent into the door, but not quite open it. He showed Skol, him trying to open it, to which Skol understood. It used its psychic power to force it to spin. Dust chipped away as the door forcibly opened.

Aldon patted Skol on the back then grinned at politiad then swam further into the ship. There were some a hatch with a ladder descending deeper into the ship. Aldon went first. Skol stuck its head in and rested in the hatch. Back legs hanging out. It could fit through but it rested there watching Aldon gone further into the ship. There was an old chest Aldon managed to pull it open. Lots of rocks. They did not look like evolution stones, but they looked pretty. Skol grinned at the politiad once more before slowly sliding downwards. Skol's belly made a sliding sound as he slid downwards into the depths below.

Skol stuck his paw into the pike of rocks and was unable to pull it out. Aldon pulled on Skol's paw. A dirt and grime covered rock was stuck on Skol's leg. Skol wiggled its leg off, but nothing! Skol smacked Aldon across the back of the head with his paw, but nothing! Except for Aldon being caught off guard.

"Oaf!" Aldon went, now floating upside down in the water. Skol smacked himself with his paw, then the side of the boat, but it remained on its paw. A chuck of grime had broken off revealing a rusted metal underneath the caked on dirt. Aldon rubbed the back of his head, looking at Skol who was rubbing its paw against its cheek.

Last edited:
Montange Khastil
July 1 - Parterre Way (Route 4), Kalos

Chauffemagne barked after the scampering Zigzagoon, stomping his paws anxiously as he looked up at Monty for permission to not let himself be outdone. The criminal nodded his approval with a sigh. "Go for it, Chauffe. Try and stay a little close, though."

The Houndour gave an affirmative bark and scurried off after Esther and Kasriel, his paws pounding the dirt path as he shot past them. He'd be the one to find the hive first! Chauffemagne's caught a whiff of something sweet coming from the flowers, and his nose went into overdrive as he followed the trail. The eager Houndour DOVE! into a bed of bright yellow flowers, but his zeal wasn't without consequence.

"Shit, already?" A loud buzzing emanted from the flower bed, and a trio of Combee floated up angrily. Actually, trio may not have been the word for it. Each of the Bug-Types had three faces, and they all looked pissed. Chauffemagne LEAPT! up at one of them from the flowers, his jaws glowing black with << Bite >>, but the Combee simply drifted upwards out of his range.

The Houndour snarled as he fell back down, but before he could redouble his attack Monty called out to him. "CHAUFFEMAGNE, FALL BACK!" The pup had a habit of diving headfirst into battle, and Monty didn't want him to end up on the receiving end of what might be nine attacks.

As Chauffemagne dashed out from the flowers, Monty called another command. Time to put this teamwork to the test. "Howl!"

The Houndour let loose a fierce "AROOOO!", and he gnashed his teeth with a new ferocity.

Politoed seemed happy with Skol's attempt to clap before it took advantage of the ship setting to tap its feet against it. The effort had been more what this was about and it just seemed pleased Skol responded at all. "Poli~!"

As Aldon seemed to wave to Politoed before he and Skol decided to explore deeper int he ship, the frog Pokemon decided it needed to go back to Desmond. Make sure its partner was okay and who knows, maybe even convince him to come inside even with the other Pokemon that had been present. So Politoed swam out of the opened door Aldon and Skol originally had come through as it made its way back over to Desmond.

Speaking of the photographer, Desmond got a nudge in the shoulder from Naka as his eyes widened when the Wishiwashi came up to him. Seems even cute Pokemon stirred that reaction out of the young man, but thankfully this one showed no hostility and in fact seemed to be giving Desmond a rather cute look as the photographer felt a sweat drop along his cheek. Naka seemed to request a photo with the Wishiwashi, nicknamed Iwa, and while he preferred not to be this close to a Pokemon for a picture Desmond managed to settle himself nad raised his camera to Iwa.

"Alright uh, say cheese." Desmond mused, before he snap took the picture of the Wishiwashi. "I'll give you a copy of the photo when we return to dry land and I can print these out." Desmond explained, though the affectionate child-like look of the Wishiwashi remained as the word "precious" seemed to circle in Desmond's head.

Politoed swam over and noticed the Wishiwashi as it moved by Desmond and waved to it. "Politoed~!"

~Aldon...~

At this point, Skol accepted that it now had a rock on its leg. Aldon began searching further into the boat. Aldon turned on his flashlight. Through all the dirt floating around in the air, courtesy of a certain pink hippo. It was difficult to see anything However amidst the shining of the flashlight into the darkness and through the silt, Horace noticed a figure move by quickly. The duo was not alone. He coulda sworn he seen a glowing red eye look at him.

A chill ran down Aldon's spine at the thought of it being a sharpedo down here. Luckily he had his loyal trusty top percent slowpoke, Skol by his side. Skol was once again facing the wrong direction. Aldon continued to flash his light around as he looked around.

Last edited:

Esther
Tuesday – Afternoon July 19
Ogi City – Beach, Whirl Archipelago
Johto Region​
Team On-hand: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Pariparisithea (Munna), Halay-Alae (Houndour), L’ Basseau (Surskit), Unnamed (Shellos) In Esther’s care: Feebas​

By tacit agreement the group had fractured into smaller pockets: Aldon floundered about doing...well, Esther wasn’t exactly sure, at times vandalizing the ship, at times exploring, at times getting stuck—overall, he seemed a bit confused, but Esther could tell he had spirit; Desmond was doing Desmond things with Naka as his guard; Reina disappeared into the ship, perhaps the group’s most eager explorer; Eveline seemed to be off somewhere, probably ensuring Gene didn’t drown; and Savannah was...huh, where was Savannah?

Eh, Esther was sure she’d be fine.

The Oblivian floated aimlessly, absorbing the beauty of the underwater ecosystem as her thoughts wandered... Pyrrha was close to evolution, and Esther could still remember the signs of transition: at the base of her head scale the formation of a second, darker heart-shaped had begun in preparation for the double-hearted pattern that Hakamo-o displayed; the white, feathery tuft on her chest had also begun to recede, soon to be replaced by hardened scales; her claws had grown longer and brass scales had begun to grow along the back of her paws... sigh. It wasn’t a surprise, Pyrrha had been her vanguard through countless battles: from packs of Manetric to Dynamax Kasriel, the Shabboneau tournament, and even three of Kalos’ gyms. All that on top of previously being owned by two trainers and...well, what did she expect?

It couldn’t be helped, she needed to get an Everstone but that meant she needed money and the fastest way to get money was to win tournaments through battle. Alright, no problem! She just needed to win a bunch of well-paying tournaments without her ace...easy, right? She had plenty of other pokémon who could rival Pyrrha, like Kasriel and Halay, and although she hadn’t won a single battle with them since Kalos, that was in no way indicative of a lack of ability! They just needed time...time that she didn’t have because Pyrrha could evolve any day now... Ugh.

The frustration just made her want to...SCREAM! So that’s exactly what she did: a bit of screaming here, a bit of flailing there, it was all a childish tantrum; but, she did feel much better afterward. And apparently, so had someone else.

The only pokéball she carried on her waist popped and out came Feebas—must’ve been awakened by her tantrum. Esther hadn’t felt comfortable leaving Feebas on the beach since she: one, wasn’t sure when it would awaken and two, didn’t want it to panic when it awakened. The Feebas’ sudden appearance caused the waters to shimmer with iridescent light, without the mud of the Bluefin Lagoon caked onto its scales, its odd coloration unveiled its prismatic beauty. Light filtered from the surface scattered off its scales and transformed into hue-y dewy rainbows.

Esther’s good intentions were ultimately for naught as Feebas took a gander about and realized all eyes—previously drawn by the Oblivian’s tantrum—were now on it; abject terror flashed across its face before it flashed away—fleeing into the sunken ship.

“Huh?! Hey! Wait!!“ Esther groaned, but soon she was in hot pursuit. ”C’mon Shellos, we’re going after it!”

Meanwhile, a certain Huntail, bruised and beaten, fled the reef. Though its actions went largely unnoticed, the effects thereof wouldn’t stay hidden for long because now—there was blood in the water.

$5330

Seal Case

PokéFlute

Clip-on roller skates

Hand-woven kilt

Kaden Miller - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh
Well, Kaden knew all too well what the next move did that Ezio called out. Astraea had the exact same thing in their arsenal, "Astraea! Try to dodge it!" but Starmie did not budge at all. The cluster of dancing lights twirled around the water-type, making its red core flash in a dim light changing to different shades of colors as their body swayed slightly.

This was not good at all. He had to try and think of how to get out of this troubling situation and fast. Small balls of energy began to gather at the small sprouts of the Starmies body and began to levitate over to the Cradily. Were they draining Astraea of their energy. Kaden knew he couldn't think forever, so he just shouted the most powerful move he knew in this matchup, "Ice beam, go!"

At the Starmie’s core began to gather light blue ball of energy and they managed to successfully shoot another serving of the frigid beam at their target, hopefully this time hitting its target.

Lara Brook - 16th of June - North Lake Miloch, Wild Area, Galar

Lara turned around to Nicole when she heard her greet her, "Oh, yes I am! I'm so excited!" the reporter said, unable to hide her eagerness, "I even packed some sandwiches for something to eat while we're out here," the red haired woman said as she dug around her bag with Toast immediately trying to look for these sandwiches as well. "Oh, Toast these aren't for you," Lara remarked and chuckled as she ruffled the mane of the mudbray, who let out a dissatisfied huff.

Rotom buzzed around, eager to go already now that Nicole was here, "Hey, Rotom calm down now," the photographer said and the electric pokemon returned to their trainers' side, "I'm all ready to go. Do you have any good ideas for a spot for us to film the Swablus possibly?" Lara then asked, deeming that it would probably be best to ask the birdkeeper her opinion on how to go about this. After all, Nicole proved herself to be very knowledgeable on flying types.

Gwen Tucker - 16th of June - Battle field behind the Pokecenter, Eterna City, Sinnoh

Gwen simply nodded and looked up at Naka with a small grin and followed the women to the pokecenter. The young trainer took out her two pokeballs in preparation to give them to nurse Joy, but she stopped in her tracks as Naka asked her if she had something on her mind. Gwen took a moment to ponder, clutching both Cobalt and Ozzy's pokeballs and holding them close and looked down at them and then up at Naka again with her brows furrowed with determination. The events of the battle between the blonde woman and the mysterious punk guy, still playing fresh in her mind.

"I swear one day I'll be strong enough to battle you two! And I don't want you to go easy," she said and thrusted Cobalt's ball towards Naka trying to look as serious as possible.