• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Montagne Khastil
July 2 - Lumiose City, Kalos
Like...A Couple Hours Later I Guess

Finally, they were back home. The night away from Lumiose seemed to make the raucous cacophony of voices, steps, and vehicles even louder, juxtaposed with the quiet of Parterre Way and Santalune, but the sound was like music to the criminal's ears as the group stepped through the Route 4 gate.

The streets were as clustered as ever, with throngs of people and pokémon alike swarming the sidewalks as cars and trucks meandered up and down the roads, and the smell of street vendor stalls wafted through his nose like the breath of Arceus itself. Wait, that wasn't all he was getting. There was the cigarette smell. They really were back in Lumiose.

Abnégarde had reclaimed her spot on Monty's shoulder and clutched a little tighter as the group entered the city, and Oracle pressed a little closer to her trainer's side. It seemed the Absol never got as used to the chaos as her trainer, but Monty didn't blame her. He could only imagine how overwhelming the sensory input must be through her horn.

"Man, I could eat!" The couple hours of walking worked up quite the appetite in the criminal, not to mention his sore legs begging to sit down. It was about time he parked his ass and got some grub. "How soon are those spa appointments, Azumi?"

Azumi Towers-

The big city, Azumi's second home and future job. She saw it differently now. Just looking around, watching so many possible violations and criminals made her lose inspiration. But, the city needed to be cleaned and Azumi was the janitor.

"Well we have about twenty minutes. We can go to the spa after a quick bite. Unless we plan to stay there, we could have something more fulfilling after dropping off the Pokemon. Which do you prefer?"

She hadn't really thought about it, but she was starting to feel hungry. Her diet was of constant snacks while doing schoolwork, although they were healthy, her body wasn't used to going for so long without eating something. She knew Lily would be fine, but what about the others? The small appetizers they gave out at the spa were hardly a meal.

"Oh I was going to ask, have you ridden the Gogoat? It's a fun way to get around the city."

Gwen Tucker - 17th of June - Eterna City, Sinnoh
Gwen was about to go over to Ron and Naka after Naka called out to her, but both Ozzy and Cobalt were adamant on getting some more scritches and pets. They seemed to just luckily serve as a distraction for the young girl while the two older trainers sorted out their own things. Gwen looked up to see Ron walking over to her as Naka called out about the Rotom Phone.

"Oh! It went well. I made sure they had a clean screen, but them to charge. They are a bit more at ease now," the young trainer said and dug out the black-cased Phone to show.

She then looked up to Ron, "Yeah, don't think we can get anymore training done either way," the blue haired girl replied and looked down at her two pokemon, "We've got this!" and pocketed the phone to give Ozzy and Cobalt a high-five. Cobalt smacked Gwen's hand with his little flipper while the Deino headbutted against her hand.

"And looks like you two are ready as well,"

Nakano Saito​

Date: 1 Month Ago (26 years old); June 17
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Hanu the Infernape, Yuki the Froslass, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Orochi the Zweilous, Silenus the Sceptile

Interactions: Ron Towers (Hecotoro), Gwen Tucker, Ozzy the Deino, and Cobalt the Piplup (IDKWhatUserNameToDo)

Naka nearly choked in her own laugh as she saw Ron's reaction to what she said. She smiled cheekily, and then sheepishly as she didn't answer his question with a shake or nod of her head, but it was plain on that smile that she was hoping he'd stay by her side for a bit. Saying he was cautious about his contact info, Naka decided to not ask about his phone anymore and be a good girl and do as she was asked.

Then she realized that she should probably have her Pokemon get ready for a gym fight. Blinking blankly at having being given his cup, she pulled out a sticky note from her pocket and wrote out her phone number. To which she then stood up and drank from the smoothie with a happy hum, approaching the two.

The Piplup and Deino were just so adorable that Silenus kept being distracted, until Ron walked over. Already, he gave off the impression of a strong trainer and he realized his earlier assumption was incorrect. He wasn't some bum punk, but a strong punk on a mission with some leadership qualities he wasn't expecting. Hm, guess he was sort of alright. Oh, did he just give Naka a smoothie?

How sweet... Hopefully that sugar intake didn't- why did Naka smell like alcohol? He smelled the air around her, then the flask by her hip which got his head a hard shove, and he recoiled anyway from the smell. He gave his trainer a disapproving glare, then rolled his eyes as he calmed down on his behavior, standing by her side protectively.

Naka was glad Gwen took care of the Rotom Phone. That might mean they would get the answer sooner. When told she was ready, Naka chuckled sheepishly.

"Well, won't be very nice to my other five 'mons if I don't tell them who they're battling now, is it?" Tapping her belt buckle three times, it sent out all of her contained Pokemon. Pichu, Flareon, Froslass, and Aerodactyl stretched, Infernape hopped in place and did some practice punches and kicks with great form, and Zweilous shook his two heads and shivered his body, while Ludicolo hopped and twirled in his dance and tried to get Naka into it. Naka had to quickly slap Ron's arm with the sticky note before becoming a victim of a twirl Ludicolo spun her in.

"AGH! Ludwig, not now, please!" Hearing her giddy voice with a panicked tone, the Ludicolo paused like a freeze frame as if the music playing in his head paused. There was no movement from him save for his eyes as he watched his trainer try not to hurl. Was she okay? He went back to being normal-ish, walking up to her and patting her arm and quacking questioningly.

After winning her stomach, she sighed and patted his arm. "I'm fine, just partied a bit hard last night." Ludwig wagged his eyebrows at her, and she slapped the edge of his Sombrero hat, getting quacking chuckles from him. "Okay, I know you can smell it too, so stop." She growled with a touch of annoyance, Ludwig giggling as if he got caught by his big sister when he was doing something he shouldn't. He then twirled to the rest of her team.

"Okay, we'll be battling a tough fight against Gardenia. Chu, Fluffy, you'll be on the sidelines." Chu jumped and cheered, having made electrical pom-poms around her mitted hands much like the Plusle and Minun from Hoenn. Fluffy rolled his eyes, then saw Ron and his tail wagged, wondering if Luz was okay. Her other six Pokemon were ready to go, Silenus standing beside Naka as the only difference between the rest of her Pokemon, barking out orders to get them stretching and warmed up while Chu and Fluffy helped. Of course, with Hanu's issue with leadership, Silenus came over and fought the Fire/Fighting-Type himself, proving to be not only tougher but skilled in arm-to-arm combat and seeming like the fire wasn't bothering him too much.

Now that her Pokemon were doing their own thing, using the ground, rocks, or each other as dummies in short mock fights without the use of moves to warm up or stretch, Naka watched for a few moments, assessing each one of them with a stern, concentrated gaze before her eyes focused on Gwen and Ron, smiling at them. "Good luck, Gwen. I'll likely be back to watch your fight before you finish. Can't leave ya hanging." She giggled, then looking up at Ron with some sort of relief in her gaze, mouthing out a 'thank you', taking a sip of the smoothie, then left a bit for Ron to finish up by holding it out for him. "All yours, unless you want me finishing it. Normally, I'd go in there and train with my Pokemon, but I'm not exactly feeling well. At least they respect Silenus enough to listen, and he goes in there to check what I can't."

Ron Towers, Eterna City, June 17th.

"You can keep." Ron told Naka, before his eyes set on Ozzy. "Gwen... what the hell? It's a gym battle, not a cute contest." He shook his head in disapproval, "I completely understand why you bite her so much."

Ron noticed Fluffy looking his way, but he wasn't about to let Luz out. She had been out most of the time the day before, so her senses needed a break, specially if they were going to be in another crowded area like the gym. He shrugged and started walking along, "Come on, Gwen. Let's get there early so you can have Ozzy get a good field of the battlefield." He looked over at Naka, the sticky note on his hand, "We'll be waiting!"

"Did you eat breakfast? Need to go to the bathroom?" Ron asked Gwen as he lead her to the gym."

Gwen Tucker - 17th of June - Eterna City, Sinnoh
"Hey! I think Ozzy looks handsome! And now he seems to be able to see more at least," Gwen objected, defending her hair dressing abilities. Ron should be just happy that she didn't have scissors to style it even more, "And Ozzy doesn't seem to bite me as much. Just kind of gnaws now,"

The nervous excitement bubbling in the young girl seemed to only grow stronger when the punk trainer said that it was time to head over to the gym, "Ah!- Alright!" she exclaimed and returned her two pokemon before following after Ron towards the Eterna gym, recognizable from the pokemon ball logo at the front and the overgrown look to it.

"I ate breakfast way before you two popped out of the hotel this morning. And what are you, my dad? I can take care of stuff like that on my own," The young girl said with a huff and furrowed brow before sprinting forward, heading over to the gym, "Come on, Mr.Punk! Hope your old knees can follow!"

She threw the doors open and marched her way inside, just to see someone sit behind a desk, "Hi! I came here for my gym battle!" Gwen said as she leaned against the table with the clerk eyeing down at her, "Name please?" he simply asked with a polite enough tone and typed away on his computer.

"Gwen Tucker!" the young blue haired trainer introduced herself and pointed at herself with the thumb hitting her chest.

"Yes, thank you. This was the first badge fight... We'll call you in just a moment," the clerk replied before typing away before disappearing behind a pair of doors. Gwen looked at the empty desk as she really felt her stomach tie itself into a knot with nervous anticipation. Trying to handle the nervous jitters, she paced around the room and chewed the inside of her cheek, "You think I'll win this battle? Mr. Punk?"

Nakano Saito​

Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Hanu the Infernape, Yuki the Froslass, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Orochi the Zweilous, Silenus the Sceptile

Interactions: Ron Towers (Hecotoro), Gwen Tucker (IDKWhatUserNameToDo)

"See ya."

She waved the two off and finished off the smoothie, yawning as she refocused her attention to her Pokemon. Ludwig danced and focused on his teetering without actually using Teeter Dance, then fought against Silenus. Hanu was done fighting, as he went about stretching while finding his center via breathing. Froslass flitted about and fired off bits of ice at random items, which Sceptile then became the dummy and avoided or deflected the easy ice projectiles, Ludwig having started resting and stretching as he hummed to himself. Aero was mock fighting Fluffy, who dodged his attacks and avoided his ground fighting, then fired off Fire attacks at Aero as he flew and showed off deft aerial maneuverability, even with the lack of wind. Meanwhile, Chu was bounding around and avoiding Orochi's attacks, while Orochi tried desperately to either bite, headbutt, or body slam the mouse without actually using the moves.

Once the Pokemon were done, they did a bit more stretching before asking to be recalled to their PokeBalls. All except Fluffy, Chu, and Silenus. Sitting in Silenus's shoulders, Fluffy and Chu rested there while Naka came over and sat on Silenus's back, giving him complimentary scratches. "Let's get you all food, then we'll head to the gym."

With that, the Sceptile sprinted off to the nearest cafe, where Naka fed herself and her entire team, as well as threw the smoothie away. The entire time, she attempted to keep a hold on her mental faculties, but she was now very stressed. Silenus cooed and even massaged her shoulders, but the poor woman was drowning in her own self-doubt. Ron was going to be there, and so was Gwen, and Ludicolo fought the best when she danced to his beat and sang in the fight...

How was she going to do this sober?

She can't. She needed the whiskey to get through this and it killed her on the inside. She was needing fucking alcohol to win a gym fight - a prestige one, no less. Just what kind of trainer was she?

While Silenus didn't like the dilemma either, he wanted her to be comfortable. He grabbed the flask from her hip and gave it to her, resting his head on her shoulder and letting out a clicking purr. Sighing, Naka nodded. "Thanks, bud." She pet his head and grabbed her flask, taking a swig of the smooth, fiery liquid before pocketing it and letting the alcohol get into her system. She wondered just how far Gwen was in her gym challenge at this point.

She needed to get back there. Just be a bit tipsy.

Last edited:

"Old knees?" Ron looked down at his legs and shrugged. He was in good shape, a bit beat up, but good overall.

He entered the gym, the feeling Gwen was having was something he had felt a long time ago. It was a good feeling. He removed his shades and hanged them on the collar of his shirt. He understood why she was nervous, but nobody had helped him out when it was his first gym battle, so he had no idea what to do.

"We took out a hive of grunts yesterday. Didn't you see how scared they were of Cobalt? Ozzy was my Pokemon also. You got two great teammates here, I think they should have Gardenia make it harder for you." He walked over and patted Gwen on the back, "You'll do great. I'm going to get a good spot to watch. See you inside."

Ron crossed his arms and walked through the doors leading to the battlefield. There were only a few people already there, gym trainers and locals who had nothing better to do. He sat in the middle of the bleachers, leaning back and looking up at the bright sky. Seemed Gardenia had a greenhouse thing going on, with a glass ceiling to let the sunshine in. So, Ron put his sunglasses on again. He felt one of his Pokeballs move and before he could check, Luz emerged on her own.

"You wanna see the lil twerp battle too? It might be fun, hope Ozzy doesn't crash too much."

Gwen Tucker - 17th of June - Eterna Gym, Eterna City, Sinnoh
Gwen looked up at Ron with what looked like an attempted smile, but she still continued to chew at the inside of her cheek. Furrowing her brow, she shook her head as if to try and get rid of her nervousness that way and looked up at the punk trainer, "Yeah, you're right! And Cobalt's got Peck now as well," she said, feeling some of her spunkiness return and watched him disappear behind the two doors that were the entrance.

Grabbing the two pokeballs she had, she clutched them in her hand, "We've got this," she said before looking back in surprise as the clerk returned, "Leader Gardenia is now ready to battle. Good luck,"
Gwen took a nervous gulp before putting on a determined expression. There was no backing out now, "Alright, thanks-" she thanked the clerk quickly before walking through the door to a battlefield that looked to be right inside of a greenhouse. She immediately saw Ron in the crowd with Luz sitting beside him and a couple other viewers. Well, she might not have many viewers, but she better put on a good battle for them.

The blue haired girl walked to her spot in the field, clutching the Duskball in her hand, having made a choice of who to lead the battle with. Now all there was left was to wait on the Master of the Vivid Plant pokemon herself.

Luz's tail whipped Ron's arm. He flinched and looked at her, she was clearly upset about something. "What?"

Another smack on his forearm. "Cut it out, Luz!"

Another whip, Luz had an upset expression on her face. She looked at Ron and then at Gwen. "I get it." He sighed and stood up. "You can do it Gwen!" He yelled, clapping his hands together a few times. "We believe in you!"

Luz chirped and joined in to the cheers along with her trainer.

~Briar Hightower...~
~Briar Pokémon: Grafaiai/Baba(F), galarian wheezing/Puff Puff(M), tentecruel/Maggie(F), Revavroom/Hemi(M), clodsire/Claudia(F), smeargle/Frida(F)...~
~July 2nd, Lumiouse Kalos...~

This was Briar's first day and Kalos and she had no clue where to go first. She looked and looked and walked down the street. There were people everywhere. She then figured she'd ask someone for directions. Her faithful companion Baba was on her shoulder. On arm wrapped around her neck and the other around her arm. The monkey's head rest on her shoulder fast asleep.

Her eye stopped on some guy with an eevee(Abnégarde) and an absol(Oracle). He was speaking to a woman. Not being nosey, she decided to wait for them to finish talking. Afterwards, she walked over.

"Mind if I have a moment of your time? You guys look like locals! Your not locals, are you? Cause if you are. I'm curious... Like... Which restaurant around here do you think is any good?" Briar said giving a friendly wave as she walked over to greet them.

Adrianne Silvers (Normal Class: 96,094)
Tangelo Island, Orange Archipelago (June 2nd)

Adrianne took a moment to let those emotions settle, even now it had not been the easiest topic to go over but she seemed happy to a degree to get it off her chest. Probably helped that Reggie seemed to be understanding, as he placed a hand on her shoulder and seemed to support her as he seemed to sense great things of her which while she herself would not have gone that far had been touching as she smiled back to him.

"Thanks, and I look at it less as revenge and more redemption. I try not to hold ill will to anyone, but if I can show that my family name means more than that one shameful moment, that is what I aim to strive for." Adrianne clarified with that determination that seemed to shine, though Reggie seemed to find the situation fishy as he began to muse of some conspiracy among the Orange League or even someone who didn't want her father to have a moment and arranged for something to happen. Adrianne blinked a bit as he seemed to ramble off his theories before he then on a dime pointed to the exit and decided they needed to eat as he began to head his way out and wow that had been a lot to take in.

"Y-yeah some food would be good..." Adrianne mused a bit with a sweat drop as she followed Reggie, the idea of some big Orange League conspiracy seemed a bit absurd to her given Drake was far from the type who'd want something handed to him that way. He prided himself on taking on all comers and from what she had seen didn't seem like the type worried about his image to fear losing a match, but then again she had little clue of how the Orange League functioned beyond "go face them to earn the right to face the champion" and what not. The idea that someone might've sabotaged her father had been a curious idea, given her own father had kept vague the reasons he no showed it had been a seed of an idea that while she had not been prepared to jump on certainly was gonna keep note of.

"So you've heard stories of stuff like this from your folks?" She asked Reggie as they walked though tried to keep her eyes out somewhere they'd be able to eat as much as Reggie seemed to rattle off she had been hungry so some good breakfast was appreciated. Though her eye seemed to cast over to a Kingdra Dinner of sorts which seemed to catch her wandering eye.

Gardenia​

Date: 1 Month Ago; June 17
Pokemon Team: Turtwig, Roselia

Battling: Gwen Tucker and Ozzy the Deino (IDKWhatUserNameToDo) vs. Turtwig

The challenger had arrived and Gardenia just got done picking out what Pokemon she'd need for a first gym fight, letting them stretch as she tended to her huge hedge maze of a garden that surrounded her battlefield within the greenhouse-style gym until the first of a few challengers today arrived.

Upon seeing the blue-haired girl as her opponent, and hearing a man and his Espeon cheer for her, she smiled. "Hey there, glad to meet you, up-and-coming trainer. Gwen, was it? Glad to meet you." She pulled out a PokeBall with a big smile. "You got a winning aura about you, so this is will be fun." She sent out her first Pokemon, a four-legged green turtle with a twig on its head. "You're the challenger, so you make your move first." She said, waiting for Gwen's first move.

Reginald Valerias​

Date: June 2
Location: Tangelo Island Pokemon Center -> Kingdra Diner, Orange Archipelago
Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus
WCS Rank: 69,989

Interactions: Adrianne Silvers (Godjacob)

Ah, redemption? That's an even better way of looking at it. And a lot more pure way, too. How did he not think of that? Either way, it was very cool to see her wanting to help clear her name to this extent, and he was definitely wanting to aid in that.

He let her muse on what he said, as he didn't really feel like clogging her brain with all that information. But as they left the Pokemon Center and they looked around for food - Reggie's comical march now calming down to a regular walk - Adrianne asked about these stories Reggie had heard from. He nodded, looking around for a place to eat and the one with the Kingdra on it seemed like a cool place. He looked over at Adrianne and saw she was looking at the same thing, so he walked towards it, wordlessly agreeing with going over there to eat.

"Yeah, kinda." He was able to tell she was thinking about that idea a bit more. Maybe she had no idea or had an inkling of something like it happening that led to her questioning it more, but he was willing to give information. "So uh, it happened a while ago. Like, some several years ago, but in Galar, there is the this city called Spikemuth. Filled with rockers and punks and goths and emos. Anyway, home of the Dark-Type gym leader, who is also a guitarist and singer. His name's Piers and he's pretty cool." He had sparkly eyes for a moment, but he quickly shook his head to rid of his daydreaming. "Uh, anyway, his gym is the only gym in Galar to not have a Power Spot for Dynamaxing, which is this whole 'make Pokemon huge with beefed up attacks'." As he said this with a comically deep voice, he raised his arms and stomped his feet as if he were some big, scary Tyranitar that was larger than it actually was. He went back to normal pretty quickly with a chuckle.

"He has this little sister named Marnie. She was going to do the gym challenge and potentially take over Piers's job as a gym leader, but Piers had a lot of fans, and there was even a fanclub for Marnie before she even did her journey. This fanclub called themselves Team Yell and they made a ruckus in every city she was going to, as they didn't want her to get beaten by anyone. She is a phenomenal trainer in her own right, but they were like helicopter parents with her, it was nuts." They walked into the diner, Reggie seemingly unaware of this as he nearly hit into the door, laughing a little and opening it for them both.

"Anyway, Team Yell was causing such a ruckus by preventing other people from taking part in the gym challenge and turning into actual roadblocks to prevent Marnie's future challengers from passing through that Marnie had to tell them off several times. But of course, fans think they have the wishes of their idol at heart and kept going until they finally learned some sense when she reached Spikemuth. There's other stories too, like some thugs trying to prevent this up-start in Johto from reaching the Silver Conference, and another in Hoenn preventing this lovely lady from entering the Hoenn Grand Festival. It's kinda rare, but it happens more often than most think. Usually it's some rival or small group that the person gained the ire of in their travels." He waved it off nonchalantly and looked around at the marine themed diner, his Munna awing at the decor. He waited for Adrianne to say her piece before he asked somewhat cluelessly.

"So uh... What does this place sell?"

Last edited:
July 19, Tuesday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto, Eveline

Eveline was now looking down from above, still looking for her Pokémon all caught up in the ruckus. After the spinning had stopped, she finally caught sight of Disorder. They almost looked like paper, releasing a high-pitched whine as they were flat on the sand. Eveline would sigh, nudging Dominance to quickly swoop down so she could return them to their ball. She would then keep looking around for Revengeance, only to see... OH GOD HER BABY! She frantically looked around, zooming over to the group, but not before getting slammed with a Water Pulse on the way back, yanking on Dominance to stop so they didn't crash into the ground. It was futile, and they would have to be returned to their ball immediately as sand stuck all over them. She was frazzled obviously, one reason being Disorder made her a little absolutely livid, the another being her sweet baby was recklessly still attacking, and third she just got nailed with a giant Water Pulse. She looked at the others and in a state of panic brain, she pointed at the Blastoise and this came from her mouth:

"AAAAAAAA! HELP! HAAAAAAH... HUUGAAAAH! AGAGAGAGAGH! BAB! HELP BAB! NEED PROTECT!"

Revengeance, in the meanwhile, was still using Fury Cutter on the Blastoise, somehow still clinging onto it, putting out a couple more Fury Cutters before having to grip even harder by poking their blades into the monster's leg due to them starting to move more.

Montagne Khastil

"20 minutes? How about hitting the Center, dropping them off, and getting something to eat around there?" Oracle still wasn't in top shape after the battle with Lily, and it would give Monty some peace of mind to know she was at her full strength while they were seperated. The Absol irritatedly glanced up at her trainer, and he added, "Don't worry, I'll get something for you all, too."

The criminal spotted one of the taxi-Gogoat in the distance when Azumi mentioned the bizarre service, and he shook his head. "Maybe once when I was a little kid, but I don't think I've ever ridden one." The pokémon smelled and they shit everywhere, but what really kept him from ever riding one before was his skepticism of pokémon in general.

The red roof of the South Pokémon Center had just come into view as the trio of trainers walked, when out of nowhere a girl with...vines all over her head? asked if they were locals and for restaurant suggestions. Wait, those weren't vines. Between the strange hair dye choice and the accent, Monty picked her out as a foreigner right away.

"There're plenty of cafés all around." Monty replied bluntly. "Café Classe is up Vernal—" The Lumiose native nodded toward the nearby wide avenue. "—But I'm not sure if there're any proper restaurants open now in this part of the city."

Azumi Towers-

"Oh well, it would be fun to try them out if you would like to." Azumi said, trying to hide the fact she never rode one and was really curious about the experience. "Pokemon Center it is!"

On their way they were stopped by what could only be considered a bad descendents of Medusa. Azumi let Monty lead the conversation. They were close to the Pokemon Center though.

"I'll move ahead with Oracle, so we don't waste time, if she's okay with it." Azumi said as she stepped to the side, "Excuse me." She made a short bow towards the strange woman and with a smile, turned towards the Pokemon Center, making her way to it.

Seemed that they had made a silent agreement and walked into the Kingra diner as she had to admit she liked the water-themed aesthetic enough as the place appeared to not be too crowded all things considered. Reggie seemed to echo his account of some Galar trainer, Adrianne herself was not familiar with the region but it had gained some fame for its spectacular stadium sized gym challenges and a mechanic that allowed certain Pokemon to take these giant forms. It all sounded amazingly cool in the eyes of Adrianne and she no doubt wished to go visit that land herself someday, but the focus here was on a girl named Marnie.

Seemed she was a Gym Leader's sister who was talented in her own right, but who developed a fanbase that literally hindered the progress of others. Adrianne had to admit that was wild story, usually these "Teams" you hear in regions were criminal affiliates but this was a rabid fanbase who seemed to put toxic in toxic fandoms.

"Wow, feel sorry for her. This Team Yell seems to be rather obnoxious." Adrianne mused, granted when any trainer got big enough she figured that there was always gonna be those bad apples among admirers but this seemed to push it to the extreme. "Hopefully she is able to make a career for herself without these guys putting a bad mark on it." Adrianne expressed back before she then heard him ask what kind of food they got as they were led to an open booth by a waitress and passed a pair of menus.

"Well, guess we'll see." Adrianne mused flipping it open as she scanned it. Seemed to have a lot of seafood really which given the Pokemon of choice they used for the branding made enough sense, but this place seemed to have a variety; some sandwiches, a trio of burger selections, some desert and even a breakfast side as she scanned that with interest.

"Seems they got a little of everything, though especially sea food if you are into that thing. I know I am going for breakfast, some eggs sound yummy." Adrianne admitted as she looked it over while the waitress asked if they wanted any drinks to start off. "Oh uh just a water is fine for me, thank you." Adrianne said with a smile.

Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto (July 19th)

As Desmond worked to try and get settled, which had been no easy task given the giant Blastoise who continued to fire Water Pulses willy nilly in this confused and rather angry state, a frantic cry was heard in the air as Desmond glanced up to the previous sky battle as one of the trainers seemed to be quite concerned and or angry as it circled with a Malamar amongother Pokemon seemed to be in a struggle.

"That sounds less than encouraging." Desmond mused as Politoed and Kricketune hung close while a Water Pulse just missed the group and sailed behind them as again he had felt his heart jump out of his chest.

"Cafe classe, huh... Vernal... shit! I don't know where that street is. Or is it one of those boulevard what's its...? Avenue okay... Damn... of course they aren't open now when I want them to be open" Briar complained. She wasn't sure when the restaurants would be open, but she remembered something she forgot to say.

"... Oh! Thanks, pal" Briar said. Briar looked at the other girl who Monty was with. She stepped out of Azumi's way and looked at the absol that followed her.

"Nice kitty... Puppy...? Creature... I don't know what that thing is" Briar said referencing the absol. Briar gave a smile and a nod back at Azumi.

"Absol! The Disaster Pokémon! It sharply senses even subtle changes in the sky and the land to predict natural disasters. It is a long-lived POKéMON that has a life-span of 100 years" The dex stated before being put back in Briar's pocket.

Gwen looked over as she heard Ron cheer for her. Right, a gym battle was a showing of a battler's skill and she wanted to show him that she had it. Looking back in front of her, she watched Gardenia take to the battlefield and felt the grip on Ozzy's pokeball tighten. She was surprised to have the leader compliment her, but a wide grin appeared on her face as she readied herself, "Thanks and I'll try to win this battle as well. Ozzy! Come on out!" she said and released the first of her two pokemon.

"Focus Energy!" Gwen called out, remembering the benefit of the move from yesterday's battle with Naka and Fluffy. A light aura surrounded the Deino as his blurry vision tried to focus on the opposing turtwig with his small nostrils flaring to get a scent on the Tiny Leaf Pokemon amongst all the other floral smells swirling on the field.

"Fire Fang and chomp down on the Turtwig!" Gwen then ordered, but her stiffness seemed to melt away as she started to just focus on the battle. Ozzy's mouth flared up with fire and he pawed at the ground before breaking into a sprint and rushing towards the opposing grass-type pokemon. She just hoped that Ozzy would be able to take hits that Gardenia might dish out with her pokemon.

Ron Towers June 12th, Eterna gym.

"Go Ozzy, kill that smug Turtwig!" Ron pumped his fist into the air, "It never stood a chance! Burn IT DOWN!"

Luz looked at Ron with wide eyes. She had created a monster and now she had to live with her consequences. She tucked her ears as she felt the rest of the crowd set their eyes on the screaming punk, who seemed to enthusiastic about a newbie match.

Azumi Towers-

While Monty was distracted with the girl, Azumi led Oracle to the Pokemon Center.

"Don't worry Oracle. Once you're feeling healthy and get a good grooming, we can maybe buy you a nice collar? Oh a bow would look lovely on you. Maybe get your nails done? So many possibilities, I wish I knew what you prefer. You're gonna love Lily, she's a sweetheart. Maybe you two can learn from each other. Your Sucker Punch combo is amazing, I never thought about it."

As they walked inside the quiet building, Azumi lowered her voice, like of talking too loud or too much was a sin inside the hospital. "Let's get you treated while Mister Montagne catches up. Must be frustrating always being with a boy I bet. They sometimes don't understand the needs of a lady."

As they reached the counter, Azumi handed over her five PokeBalls, keeping only Nana by her side. "You should go with the Nurse, Oracle, I'll be here with your trainer when you get back."

Gardenia​

Interactions: Ron Towers (Hecotoro)

Gardenia's eyes widened as she eyed the Deino. "You're stacked, miss." She complimented, grinning even wider as Gwen had Deino help focus in on its surroundings and then charge the Turtwig with a super-effective move. "That's what I'm hoping to see- huh?" She paused as she heard Ron shout... whatever he shouted. Preferring to just keep her focus on the fight, her mildly furrowed brows of concern lowered in concentration.

"Turtwig, Withdraw!" The Turtwig's body glowed a vibrant blue as he withdrew into his shell, the bits of him sticking out gaining a sort of translucent blue shield. It wasn't a Protect, but it did harden his body to the physical attack.

When and if the Deino's flaming teeth got close, that's when Gardenia called her Turtwig. "Bite!" As the Turtwig felt the fiery doom that was the Fire Fang's heat lick near his hardened hide, the Turtwig launched his head out, his body flying forward from the momentum of his sudden release and went to sink his crimson and darkness cloaked beaked maw on the Deino. Of course, this put Turtwig in the range of the Fire Fang, the attack landing on the Turtwig's shell and making him grunt, but he still held true to his attack.

She then turned her head to Ron on the stands. "Hey, can you not call to kill my Pokemon please? This is only the first gym battle, seems a bit excessive. I don't mind if you cheer for your friend, but please keep the unnecessary violent words down." With that stern talking to over, she returned back to what her Turtwig was doing.

Reginald Valerias​

Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus

Interactions: Adrianne Silvers (Godjacob)

Reggie nodded at Adrianne's musings on the characteristic of Team Yell, chuckling. "Tell me about it. OH! And she did. She took over her big brother's gym and is now the gym leader while he goes around doing his tours." He grinned. It was so cool, too. He wanted to see on of Piers's concerts.

The marine theme had the Munna cooing and chirping happily, clapping her fore-nubs together and tickling Reggie's forehead. As they sat at a table, Reggie got comfy in his booth and looked over the menu. There were a lot of seafood options, and they all looked so good! "I..." He started, pausing for a brief moment. "I dunno what to choose."

Nose in menu, he sat there trying to contemplate what he was going to have. The topic of drinks came up and he immediately pulled out of the menu for fear of keeping the waitress waiting, his Munna having been launched off his head and floating above him in a slow somersault to stop her ascent, and then she landed back down on Reggie's head. "Oh, uh, hot chocolate with a splash of espresso if you can please? And a bowl of uhhh... Bitter berries for my Munna. Rawst and Aguav specifically, please."

He dove nose first back into the menu and finally settled on something. "Eggs do sound really good. I'll have your seafood omelet please aaand thaaaank you." He sang out, giving the waitress the menu. Then he tapped his chin, a look of brow-furrowing confusion on his face. "What were we just talking about...?" He muttered, finding the effects of having not slept coming back to haunt him.

Last edited:
Ron Towers

"Buuuuu!" Ron called out as Gardenia spoke. "Gwen rules, Gardenia drools!"

He sighed and looked at Luz, who was clearly shaking her head. "Seriously? This was your idea." He sat down and leaned back on the bench, groaning. "Made a fool of myself for nothing." He felt another whip on his arm from Luz. "What do you want from me? I don't want to get kicked out."

He looked away, ignoring the pain on his arm from the Espeon's constant smacking. "Wake me up when she wins."

"You're a terrible father." The old lady next to Ron said with a judgemental look.

"Mind your business old hag." Ron didn't need to look at the elderly woman to feel her gaze burning a hole into his skull.

Rick
[July 19th] Yellow Rock Beach, Whirl Islands - Johto
078.png
Rapidash ♀ [Iris] | Ability: Flash Fire | Condition: Normal | Meteonite Energy: Moderate (Charging)
Agility​
Flare Blitz​
Heat Wave​
H. Horsepower​
Low Kick​
Protect​
Solar Blade​
Wild Charge​

"Yep, that will do, thanks for your contribution!" Rick said to the woman on the Aerodactyl, as his eyes followed the Hatterene as it flew towards Iris atop the building. Iris opened an eyelid slightly as she felt a presense nearby, then the other as she noticed the Psychic-type floating in front of her, and pointed her horn at the stranger pokémon. When the Hatterene told her about the plan, Iris glanced at Rick at the distance, then back at the Hatterene, before ultimately groaning at it to carry on with the plan.

Iris's flames flared into a blue tone as the Mystical Fire was absorbed into her body and her Flash Fire triggered. Though, for the circumstances they were at, that was just a welcomed side effect, as the mare's body started glowing moments after getting struck the move. Rick grinned as he stared at her. "Oh yes, we're getting to the good part..." He muttered, rubbing his hands before his attention was shifted towards a girl screaming and pointing at the giant blastoise. Rick's eyes widened. "Damn, so dramatic... it's just a weaponized turtle trying to kill us." He muttered, before he walked towards the group that was gathering.

"So! Any idea on how to handle this thing?" Rick asked, before looking back at Iris again. "I should be able to keep that thing distracted for about... thirty seconds, while you do your thing. Twenty if we wanna play safe. I don't feel confortable about her falling in the water again." He added.

Esther
Tuesday – Afternoon July 19
Ogi City – Beach, Whirl Archipelago
Johto Region​
Team On-hand: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Pariparisithea (Munna), Halay-Alae (Houndour), L’ Basseau (Surskit), La Bamba (Shellos) In Esther’s care: Feebas​

Esther stitched together the final steps in her plan with the mental equivalent of a rubber band, a few paper clips, and generous amounts of duct tape. While her brilliant(?) plan settled into its final draft Naka, Eveline, Reina, and even the mystery man and his Rapidash had come over. The whole group was together, and Esther greeted them with a cheerful grin and an equally cheery lilt. “I’ve got a plan but...”

“Well, it’s a lit-tle-bit dangerous~ My friends!"

“You need a mind~set change for this ♪"

"You cannot get away with playing safe for this ♪"

"You want to get home? Put it a~all on the line ♪"

"And put your whole brain in it!"

"Re-mem-ber every trick in your domain for this!"

"You gotta treat it like it is the main event ♪"

"You want to get home? Put it a~all on the line ♪"

"Be Dangerous!”

After a happy wiggle, Esther pointed to direct the group’s attention to the staggering Blastoise.

“Have you ever flipped a turtle onto its shell?”

That alone was a big clue-in and some of the group members had probably already figured out the broad strokes of her plan. Nevertheless, the Oblivian continued and provided specifics.

“With Blastoise confused and unbalanced, it should be easy for us to push it over—as easy as knocking over a building, right?” A demonstration was in order and Esther quickly gestured, constructing an imaginary building and sweeping her arm through the base. “Take out the foundation and the rest comes crumbling down!”

Next, she pointed toward Naka, Eveline, and Reina.

“You have fast, strong water types, so you should ride beneath the waves, destroy the Blastoise’s footing, sweep its legs, anything to make it fall onto its shell. The rest of us will distract it to give you a better chance. Once it’s down—” Esther punched into her open palm. “We can nail with everything we’ve got."

"Just don't get crushed, 'kay?"

Her plan put the bulk of the risk on the water-type havers and largely excluded the likes of Desmond, Aldon, and the mystery man. It wasn't that she didn't want to include them but simply that she had no idea what they or their pokemon could do. She couldn't exactly plan with unknowns. And speaking of unknowns, Esther spun around to face them.

"I figure the rest of us can distract Blastoise together, yea?"
$5330
Seal Case
Pokéflute
Clip-on roller skates
Hand-woven kilt
Everstone x 1 – $15,000.00

Last edited:

Just as that new guy whose name Desmond had yet to know arrived and asked if this group had a bit of a plan, Esther seemed to descend as she offered her own bit of flair when she opened up by signing to the group of the dangers of this idea she had come up with, though the fact she had been casually singing such an idea had caused Desmond's eyebrow to twitch. Had there been anyone here who had the capacity to take this rampaging giant Blastoise attacking seriously!?

"Be easier to believe in such danger if you didn't turn it to a musical..." Desmond mumbled but largely kept it to himself. Esther's idea boiled down to "push it over on its back and pray" which given the build up had not been the most...convincing plan, but given he had no better options with the burn in play he had to least try.

Course, he, Aldon and the other guy had been ignored by Esther not even name dropped, but she then turned to clarify her position as her rolled his eyes but a distraction seemed like the best way they'd help; and he already was too committed to back down now after all this.

"Suppose we can lend a hand with that." Desmond muttered, as Politoed and Kricketune seemed to cry in support while be pinched the bridge of his nose. This whole thing was so chaotic, so crazy and yet he seemed to dive further into it...perhaps he had lost his mind, but it had not mattered now he made his choice.

"Well, least her story had a bit of a happy silver lining with that whole mess..." Adrianne said with a smile as now she wished to meet this Marnie as her story interested the new trainer. Though the topic of tours also had caught her eye. "Oh for real? That sounds like it'd be cool to see~!" Adrianne said with a wide smile.

As Adrianne saw Reggie and Elvira look over the menu, she decided it was only fitting to let her partners also get something out of this as she sent out Ace and Aqua as she scooted a bit to give them space as Aqua moved to her lap and Ace flapped up to take a spot on her shoulder while she smiled at them. "Figured you guys might want something~" Adrianne smiled letting her partners go over the menu as Aqua seemed to smile happy while Ace had kept its "serious" expression even as he scanned the menu with Adrianne.

The waitress returned with the drinks in kind as she managed to get Reggie's uh frantic reply on them as she presented him with the hot chocolate & expresso. She also presented the water for Adrianne as she jotted down Reggie's order as Adrianne couldn't help but chuckle at his sort of chaotic energy in his reply before she seemed to get her order out.

"I'll have the beacon and eggs special, I would also like a bowl of the Qualot Berry Berries for my partner Aqua..." Adrianne said said with a gesture to the Azurill on her lap. "...and a bowl of the Kelpsy Berries for my other partner Ace." Adrianne said with a gesture to Ace as she smiled a bit, taking the menus before she smiled at them.

"Thank you and I'll be back with your meals soon as possible." The waitress smiled before she walked off and left the trainers alone with their Pokemon.

"Well, you certainly know how to make ordering food interesting." Adrianne said with a smile. "Suppose we can talk about what we want to do today, I know I have some plans." Adrianne admitted as she suggested a bit of a breakfast topic.

Brian Killian - Trainer rank: 242
August 1st - Turffield Gym, Galar Region

Brian had returned to Galar for what seemed like three days, after his battle against the Scizor trainer in Johto, he seemed to have something on his mind, but that wasn't his main focus. What was his main focus was to see the sights Turffield had to offer, although they can wait as there was something else that seemed to catch his curiosity. The Psychic type trainer simply wished to observe the battle between Milo and another Pokemon trainer, rather than sit in one of the seats to get a closer look at the action, Brian was more than comfortable to stand at the back area just outside of all the seats, his hands in his pockets as his eyes carefully analyzed Pokemon and trainer alike. It wasn't the first time Brian stopped to watch another trainer's battle even if the reasons were different, whether it was the hopes of seeing a friend succeed, offer congratulations to the victor, watch their battling styles to try and inspire him to come up with new creative tactics of his own or to offer some advice regardless if they won or lost, the most likely reason was the latter, although he had to wait and see how the battle turned out.

~Aldon...~
~Skol the god, Bran the bronzor,
Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~
~Yellow Island, July 19th...~

Aldon overheard Esther's plans, and her singing. His questions were not directly answered, but he had answers to say the least, and while they weren't ideal plans, but it seemed worth a shot. He seen Reina and Naka fight thus far, but he wasn't quite sure what Eveline would do, given the fact that she seemed more scared than even Desmond. Speaking of camera boy, Aldon turned to look at him. He seemed troubled with the plans made out.

"Don't worry, dude! Let them hog the glory! They need it a lot more than we do. We'd probably be too overkill for blastoise anyways! Let's offer a distraction. They're gonna need all the help they can get. With us distracting it, they should be able to live long enough to handle it" Aldon said grinning and extending his fist out.

"Skol, keep up the good work over here! Your doing great thus far!" Aldon said. Skol stood there silently staring at the beast, remaining unphased. It were like the pink hippo had the confidence to go out there and one shot blastoise, but that wasn't going to happen because he was trusted in protecting Gene, and that is what he was going to do.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Nico Zacharias Flynn
Date: July 2nd

Now that they were back in Lumiose, he needed to find Esther. She left them in the dust hours ago, and to be fair, she was the most likely to get in troubling situations. While Monty and Azumi were talking with eachother about the spa day, Nico was already leaving to go and look for Esther. He was really worried on where she'd gone, and from one person who disappears seventy-percent of the time, there was a pretty big chance she was likely lost.

He went over to some food stalls, maybe she would be there. Speaking of food stalls, he was pretty hungry too. Maybe it was time to grab a snack or something. What about those things they ate when they first arrived! He forgot what they were called, though. Wait! It popped in his mind, they were called Galettes! That's right, Though, were was the stall for Galettes again? Okay, no time to waste now. Maybe he had some sandwich left from last night. He grabbed a tupperware from his bag, and yep, there was half of a sandwich in there.

He ate it as he walked, looking around for Esther, hopefully she hadn't got herself into trouble.

Montagne Khastil

Oracle refused to wait any longer to have her strength restored at the marvelous red-roofed building, so going along with the blonde-haired woman was a given. The Absol intended to ignore her and her irritating Gardevoir on the walk over, wanting to just get the ordeal of fraternizing with the enemy over and done with, but she was pleasantly surprised to hear the woman could string together a sentence that both didn't annoy her and wasn't in praise of her prowess!

A pampering of the highest order was what Oracle heard, and a pampering of the highest order she deserved! Finally someone was able to recognize that! The collar wasn't a very tempting offer, but getting her claws treated sounded phenomenal. Then there was the idea of a bow. She would prefer a crown, of course, but the proper adornment could serve well to let her future opponents know what kind of regal force they were facing.

And Azumi was right, it was frustrating to constantly be around Monty. He had his uses, namely a reliable food source and the fear he instilled in most peon humans, but he knew nothing of how to properly treat a queen like herself. The occasional grooming was the best she could get most days!

While Oracle daydreamed about her promised-by-Azumi day of bliss, Monty was wrapping up his conversation with the green-haired tourist. He didn't know what his partner thought she was doing leaving his side, but he didn't want to be away from her for long. Something about it made him...antsy. Antsy wasn't something he liked feeling.

After the girl's PokéDex read out the entry for Oracle's species, Monty confirmed it. "Yeah, she's an Absol. And that—" He pointed to the wide street next to them, which lead straight to Prism Tower. "—is Vernal Avenue. Now really, I've gotta go. Come on, Nico—"

Wait, where the hell did Nico go? Monty's head swiveled to try and spot the foreigner, but he couldn't spot him in the sea of people. Damn, they'd need to get him a bell if he wanted to stay with them. If he didn't want to stay...then he could've at least cooked one of the meals he promised!

Whatever. Monty turned back to the green-haired girl a small nod before taking a step toward the Pokémon Center. "Au revoir."

Azumi Towers-

Azumi looked at the time on her Rotom Phone. They still had more than ten minutes to get to their appointment and the nurse shouldn't take much longer. She stretched her arms upwards and caught sight of Monty walking in.

"Mister Montagne!" She called out, quickly regaining her posture and waving at him. "Oracle has been taken in. I was wondering, what kind of snacks does she like? I'm guessing anything with meat. But, does she prefer anything with red or white meat? Or maybe fish? Is there a specific diet you have for her? I figured you since you keep her fur so clean and shiny."

Just Azumi was talking, the Chansey returned with Oracle and Azumi's PokeBalls. The Kalosian took her team back and thanked the chance Pokemon, before focusing her attention to the Absol and her trainer.

"I'm ready to go whenever you are." Azumi said, with Nana peeking at the criminals over Azumi's shoulder. "We can get a snack for our Pokemon, but heavy meals will have to wait until the spa is over. But don't worry, they feed them more inside and make sure they have plenty of water. If you do have a special request, like trimming her hair, doing her nails, etc... We need to tell the receptionist. Shall we get going?"

Once they were ready, they left the Pokemon Center. The streets were still somewhat busy and Nana was still cranky. Azumi first led them to a small shop, where she bought some cookies for Nana, which seemed to improve the Gardevoir's mood by a lot. As they approached the Spa, "Happy Ending", there was a stand of fried fish or beef on a stick.

"Should we? I'm getting one for Lily."

Azumi did just as she said. The grass Pokemon emerged from her PokeBall with a big stretch and big eyes as she saw the food being handed to her. She ate it with ease and a loud purr as they finally arrived at their situation.

"Appointment for two." Azumi walked up to receptionist, "I have a Meowscarada and an Absol. Full treatment for the Meowscarada please and for Oracle..." She turned around to face Monty, "I forgot to ask, will you be going with the Platinum or Diamond care? I recommend the Platinum but it's a bit more pricy."

Gwen looked at the Withdrawing Turtwig. Gardenia was trying to raise the grass types defenses to soften the blow of the Fire fang which hit, but it wasn't without the grass Gym leader retaliating back by having Turtwig Bite Ozzy. The attack hit, but the Deino didn't seem to take all too much damage from it. Trying to think quickly on her feet, Gwen called out the next move, "Dragon Breath! Right into Turtwig!" she called out and the small Irate pokemon obliged, releasing a flurry of purple and blue flames. While this was a newly learned move that Ozzy hadn't had much time to practice, Gwen hoped that the close distance would allow land the hit on the opposing Tiny Leaf Pokemon.

Withdraw didn't raise the pokemon's special defense as well, did it? And which moves were Special and Physical again? Gwen regretted not paying more attention to all the boring theory parts of battle class back in pokemon school.

Ron's enthusiasm was quite contagious as the blue haired girl grinned back at the punk trainer. It was nice to have someone cheer for her although the crowd was small. Hopefully Naka would be there to see the battle as well...

Gardenia​

Mentions: Ron Towers (Hecotoro)

The heckling by Ron was something Gardenia was used to, so she was able to easily ignoring it, giving a sort of smirk. She watched as the two Pokemon bit each other, then was about to make a command when Gwen commanded for a Dragon Breath. A point blank Dragon Breath wasn't something her Turtwig was able to dodge. The purple and blue flames licked and damaged the Turtwig, letting go with a cry and tumbling backwards. The Dragon Breath did a lot of damage, the draconic flames having scuffed up the Turtwig's hide. He was able to slowly get up though, grunting in the effort.

Even if she were to have Turtwig heal himself with Absorb, the damage would be minimal, so would the healing. "Alright, give it all you got! Growth!" The Turtwig braced himself as he glowed, his body glowing red as his body slightly grew in sizes. "Now, Tackle!"

Knowing that Turtwig wasn't going to win this fight with the Deino, she needed to weaken that Deino enough for her Roselia to finish it up. The Turtwig charged, his body glowing white with a dim glow as he ran to tackle into the Deino, putting all of his body weight and gathered momentum into a lunge.

Nakano Saito​

Interactions: Ron Towers and Luz the Espeon (Hecotoro), Gwen Tucker and Ozzy the Deino (IDKWhatUserNameToDo)
Mentions: Gardenia and Turtwig

After everyone ate, Naka ran back to the gym, now feeling ten times better about her situation. Walking into the audience-only door, she caught the sight of the Turtwig growing slightly and then charging the Deino. With a smile, she ran up to the side of the stands and yelled. "You got this, Gwen!"

Now that she had announced her presence, she swiftly went to Ron's side and plopped down, her Flareon exploding out of his PokeBall and landed in front of Ron, looking up at him questionably, then going to Luz and mewl to announce his presence. Pichu blew out of her PokeBall too, and she began cheering for Gwen and Deino just as well as a Plusle and Minun ever could, showering sparks from her mitted hands and hopping on each foot, chanting and cheering for them.

She then looked over at Ron, giggling. "Don't you look slightly disappointed. Didja go too far cheering or something?" She poked his cheek, hoping he was okay. "I... Think I'm ready for this... I think..." Her nerves, damn it. Her hands felt icy from anxiety and she clenched them as she dug the balls of her palms into her thighs. She groaned, deflating in juxtaposition to her energetic and cheery entrance. "Now, I'm not so sure... There's gonna be so many people..." She whimpered then shivered, maybe overthinking it a bit too much.

~Briar Hightower...~
~Briar Pokémon: Grafaiai/Baba(F), galarian wheezing/Puff Puff(M), tentecruel/Maggie(F), Revavroom/Hemi(M), clodsire/Claudia(F), smeargle/Frida(F)...~
~Tangelo Island, Orange Archipelago, June 2nd...~

"Yeeeeeh...! Nice work Puff Puff!" Briar cheered, holding her hand out.

"Wheeeeez! Wheeee" both wheezing heads sounded off. Tilting their hats down to high five Briar's hand. Across from her galarian wheezing was a now fainted Mr. Mime. Mr. Mime's trainer returned his fainted pokemon. Briar and the man spoke for a few minutes before parting ways. Baba shook her fists in the air with excitement. She leaped onto Puff puff's head and climbed atop his hat to shake her little paws so the whole town could see her joy.

"You did good too baba!" Briar said. Baba grinned at Briar and leaped down to her shoulder, latching on. Briar returned Puff Puff. It was a good battle. but now she needed to decide where to go next. She had arrived in Johto a few hours ago and figured she'd enjoy the beach. She had chose this place specifically because she got a really good deal on tickets to the orange archipelago. Not quite her first choice of destination but for the ticket price, it was 100% worth it.

Last edited:
Gwen pumped her fist in celebration as the Dragon breath landed and looked to do a number on the Turtwig, "Great work Ozzy," she cheered to her pokemon who pawed at the ground. What wasn't as good though was the Turtwig continuing to set up, now with a Growth. Well, that didn't look good. She also heard Naka's voice, which distracted her a bit from the battle, but the young trainer smiled and waved at the woman before she frantically returned to the battle at hand as Gardenia called out Tackle.

"Dodge it!" the blue haired girl yelled out, but it was a moment too late as Ozzy was hit by the powered up Tackle. The Deino tumbled back with a pained cry, but it changed to an angry growl as he got up, "Uh, Fire Fang again!" Gwen exclaimed. While Dragon Breath did a number on the opposing grass-pokemon, it was a new move for the little Deino and as such she was hesitant to rely on it. Fire fang was a Physical move, right? Or did the fire on the fangs make it special?.. Either way it was super effective and would allow Ozzy to get up close to Turtwig again.

The flames once again ignited on the Irate pokemon's sharp teeth as he rushed to chomp down on Gardenia's Grass-type. She did have another pokemon left still after Turtwig, but Gwen did also have Cobalt if Ozzy got in trouble.

Gardenia​

"Your Pokemon's tough. A mark of a good trainer!" Gardenia complimented, watching as the Deino got hit back by the Tackle. Then the Fire Fang. She wondered if it was even possible to have Turtwig survive this attack, but it likely wasn't. Her Turtwig wasn't a good jumper, and he wasn't the most agile thing either. Deino's added Hustle was making her normally defensive Turtwig as if she hadn't ever trained his defenses.

Picking another move, she was going to make sure Deino was weakened for Roselia. "Tackle!" The Turtwig stared at the Fire Fang with bold determination, growling as he charged once again. He took the Fire Fang on the shoulder, but continued to push his Tackle into Deino to weaken him a bit further.

However, whether the attack went into completion or fizzled out remained to be seen, as the Turtwig finally collapsed from the Fire Fang.

Gardenia smiled, returning her fainted Turtwig. "Good job!" She waited for Gwen before sending out her next Pokemon. The thorny Pokemon with budding flowers for hands appeared before them, the leaf on its front barely touching the ground. The Roselia bowed before taking up a stance, setting her budding hands to the sides in a perpetual shrug. "Alright, you pick. Switch or stay?"

Ron Freaking Towers

"Destroy them Gwen!" Ron called out from his seat.

"What is wrong with you?" The old lady snapped again.

"Lady, I'm trying to enjoy this battle, do you mind?" Ron finally looked at the woman and shook his head.

"Well you're being very rude."

"Go seat somewhere else then." Just as Ron was about to start clapping for Gwen, he noticed Naka arrive and take a seat next to him. "Hey, this is just getting good."

"Of course there's gonna be a lot of people." Ron said while looking at the battle. "Your battle attracts big crowds since they gym leaders try not to hold back. You nervous or something?" He turned and finally noticed Naka's expression. "Oh, you are nervous." Great, he had no idea what to do for her. Even worse, wasn't that a boyfriend's job? He wasn't her boyfriend as far as he knew. Still, he couldn't just abandoned Naka.

"You wanna have a quickie before your battle?" That's all he knew he could offer the poor researcher.

"What is wrong with you?!" The old lady called out again.

"Lady! Mind your own damn business!" Ron turned around to face her, before he heard Ozzy had won. "Let's go Gwen! Destroy them all!"

The old lady shook her head. "That woman doesn't need you sticking it to her, she needs emotional support."

"What do you know about emotional support if you don't even let me cheer for my buddy in crime over there?"

"I used to get really nervous too and my husband's support would always make me feel better."

Ron raised one eyebrow. "Is that why he ditched you today?"

"Well he ditched me five years ago and is waiting patiently for my time to come." The old lady had a cocky look on her face.

"Oh..."

Ron turned around and placed his arm around Naka. "Look, it's just like a bar fight. Whenever you get into one, you always have people looking at you, but that doesn't matter. What matters is your enemy, focus on them. The rest doesn't matter, because at the end of the day, they're not the ones risking it out there." He rubbed her back, "I think you can also just picture everyone naked."

"That's better." The old lady said, clearly leaning closer to them.

"Seriously!" Ron rolled his eyes and turned his head to the noisy woman. "Boundaries, respect them!"

The old woman gave Ron a daring look and she raised her hands and started clapping. "You can do it Gardenia!"

"Oh hell no." Ron gave Naka a tight hug before standing up himself. "Burn them down Gwen! Hit em where it hurts!"

Who would've thought he had found his biggest enemy on some bleachers.

Meanwhile, Luz was thrilled about Fluffy. She ran circles around him before rubbing up against his side. She wasn't even noticing Ron considering fist fighting and older woman. The Espeon purred and sat next to the Flareon, sniffing his ears before nibbling on them playfully.

Gwen jumped up in place as the Turtwig fainted. First pokemon down, "Yes! Well done Ozzy!" She cheered for her pokemon and grinned towards Ron and Naka as she heard the punk once again be very vocal with his cheering. Turning to look at her pokemon through, she saw that the Deino was panting and had a defensive stance to himself. She looked up at Gardenia as the Gym leader asked her if she wanted to switch or not and took a moment to think. She wasn't sure if Ozzy could handle the Roselia on his own and Gwen was most certain that Cobalt would fall within a couple of hits. Then she made her decision.

"Go rest a little, Ozzy," the blue haired girl said and returned the Dark-type pokemon to his Duskball and pulled out Cobalt's pokeball, "Alright! Cobalt, your turn!" she yelled and released the water type to the field. Cobalt proudly put his flippers on his sides, posing akin to the 'superhero' pose before redying himself for this battle. Gwen and him had gone over the plan for when he'll hit the field and both had agreed to not use any water moves and try to be careful about being hit in return.

Gwen chewed the inside of her cheek. Hopefully her starter would listen to her, but they went over the battle plan together. They'll just have to stick to it, "Attack with Peck!'' She called out and Cobalt rushed into a sprint with his beak glowing and turning into a sharper shape with the white energy, a bit sharper than yesterday when battling with Fluff, but there was still practice to be done with it. If Cobalt can just keep himself nimble and in close range, he should hopefully be able to get in a couple good hits.

Gardenia​

Battling: Gwen Tucker and Cobalt the Piplup (IDKWhatUserNameToDo) vs. Roselia

Smiling at Gwen's excitement (and finally, more respectable cheering from Ron), Gardenia and her Roselia waited until Gwen chose what she was going to do. Then, it was a Piplup. Raising an eyebrow at the choice of Pokemon, she realized Gwen's only trump card was her Deino. Hopefully, that didn't bite her in the butt. Hopefully, they had a plan going into this.

As Gwen called out her order, Gardenia smirked. A Peck? To be expected, she had seen many kids with Piplups and Prinplups challenge her gym and go for Peck or Drill Peck. It was an honestly very common sight. As the Piplup charged and channeled Peck into a more damaging attack than usual, Gardenia commanded her Pokemon. "If they want melee, then give them melee. Poison Sting!" Roselia's rose buds shone purple, then spiky purple barbs popped out of the buds. The Roselia then used them as pointy daggers to try to divert Piplup's beak away and another to stab him in the shoulder. If the Piplup tried touching the Roselia's body, she had tiny little thorns that would induce poisoning if brushed against wrong, thanks to her Poison Point ability.

Nakano Saito​

Interactions: Ron Towers and Luz the Espeon (Hecotoro), Gwen Tucker and Cobalt the Piplup (IDKWhatUserNameToDo)
Mentions: Ozzy the Deino (IDKWhatUserNameToDo), Gardenia and Turtwig

As Naka watched Ozzy get returned and Cobalt being sent out, she looked over at Ron to see he was trying. The lady behind her was in equal parts annoying and hilarious, and she couldn't help but smirk just slightly at her arguing with Ron. She didn't say anything to the lady, just thought she was funny.

Though, Ron's affirmation that there will indeed have big people only confirmed her anxieties, which had her going pale. Still, with the old lady's infuriating guidance, Ron was able to do something and help. Though, the question to do a quickie only had her laughing and snorting, then shaking her head. "I don't think I'm mentally up for that right now." Though, Ron totally not realizing this old lady likely lost her old man from age had her rolling her eyes. It was pretty common in old folks.

Once Ron's arm was around her, she just absolutely melted. The tension in her entire body evaporated and she leaned closer to him, her tired yet grateful gaze upon him. Then when he commented about picturing everyone naked, she laughed. But the problem wasn't the gazes. It was what people would think of her.

She tugged on Ron's shirt, clearing her throat as she spoke quietly, hoping the old lady didn't hear. "The problem... Isn't just in the eyes... But it's the thoughts behind those eyes. I don't want people judging me for how I push my Pokemon. Because I did that when I just had Chu. I pushed her to stand up after nearly being knocked out, knowing she could go on, but I got flack for it because she was a Baby Pokemon, and heaven forbid I make the poor thing fight longer than she should. Neither of us wanted to lose though, and I thought I was being supportive. But that was all in the school at Unova. I moved here in Sinnoh right afterwards because I didn't want people to blame me for just wanting my Pokemon to grow up strong. And now, the fear is even worse. If I get branded as a Pokemon abuser who trains my Pokemon unfairly, my career and life will be ruined." She sighed, then shook her head. "I don't want my stupid anxieties to be the center-fold, it's Gwen's time." She tried to push that aside, hanging her head low for a moment before straightening up and yelling out to Gwen.

"Hang in there! You got this!"

Fluffy was getting warmer by the moment from how sweet Luz was being. He purred unknowingly, letting her nibble his ears even though they twitched away, rubbing his face against her cheek then down her neck, his eyes on the battlefield as if he were protecting her, his fluffy tail laying against her backside.

Reginald Valerias​

Interactions: Adrianne Silvers, Ace the Spearow, and Aqua the Azurill (Godjacob)

"Oh, it would be." Reggie agreed to the tour idea. He watched as Adrianne sent out her Pokemon, smiling that she was feeding them. Luckily, Shedinja didn't really eat, as it doesn't have any way to digest the food. His other Pokemon would love something probably, but they can subsist off his emotions, as they were emotional, spiritual beings.

Then again, he didn't want to have any reason to be anymore tired than he already was. So, he ordered three more bowls of berry food for his other Pokemon, which he'll send out one by one so they had their fill and not crowd up their booth.

He laughed when Adrianne spoke again, shrugging. "Just a little." He chuckled, then realized they had plans today. His eyes widened and he clapped his hands. "Ah-hah, yes, plans. Heading to a nice body of water to find a Pokemon. Pretty sure there's a fishing shed somewhere around here to let us rent fishing rods. I think..." He scowled as he parsed through his memory, then scrambled through in his bag. "I swore I had a grosher-er... brochure..." He wasn't able to find what he was looking for, so he sighed and shook his head. "I'm gonna get me a Frillish. Hopefully they're around here somewhere. Gotta train them in accuracy, then uhh..." He trailed off and looked off into space, his arms on the table with his hands on top of one another. His gaze went from attentive to spacey.

As soon as Munna popped off his head and floated above him, Reggie's head hit his hands. Then he was jolted awake. "Oh, did I sleep? Damn..." He laughed, finding the fact hilarious that he slammed his head down with some surprising amount of force, which had his hands aching. He shook them a little to ease them. "Anyway, you? As if me passing out didn't happen." He laughed, not minding in anyway to make what happened light-hearted.

Last edited:
Montagne Khastil

The South Pokémon Center was just as Monty remembered it; sterile and blissfully cool after a morning spent in the hot summer sun. The criminal nodded to Azumi as he swaggered into the hospital, and thanked her for seeing his partner into her treatment. Oracle strode over to Monty's side, looking quite pleased with her visit to the Center.

"Oracle refuses anything but raw meat, and gives me dirty looks if it isn't fresh." Both trainer and pokémon rolled their eyes, with Monty inwardly lamenting how expensive keeping her energy up was if they weren't out on a route where she could hunt, and Oracle because it should be a given that she only ate the finest of foods. "I tried to save some cash and buy some frozen Miltank steaks for her, but she just turned her nose up at them! Luckily Abné and Chauffe aren't as picky."

The silver Eevee yipped and rubbed her cheek against Monty's face, and he scratched her chin affectionately. "This girl's like a bottomless pit, though. She'd eat me out of house and home if I let her."

Both pokémon proved his points at the fried-meat-on-a-stick stand, where Abnégarde demanded a snack and Oracle pointedly refused. Abné devoured hers by the time the group arrived at the spa, the name of which got an eyebrow raise from the Lumiosite. The price of the spa day nearly sent a scowl to join his raised eyebrow, but Monty held himself back. He got a bonus from the Boss for getting his gym badge, so he might as well spend some of it.

"I'll do the Platinum package for her. Whatever extras you've got, go ahead and add those, too." The criminal begrudingly forked over the exhorbitant amount of money and sent Oracle on her way with a smile on her face.

Now much lighter in the pocket, Monty turned back to Azumi. "So, what do you say we grab something to eat ourselves?"

Desmond glanced over to Aldon, who seemed to take all these developments even being unmentioned by Esther till the tail end of her speech in stride. No matter what he seemed to keep a positive attitude going about him and seemed to be spirited for their part of the plan to be a distraction as he even took time to encourage Skol who remained on Gene watch duty.

Desmond blinked, this endless optimism had been equal parts perplexing to him and well, a bit envious not that he'd admit it aloud.

"Well glad to know someone is optimistic." Desmond mused a bit, though Aldon's words seemed to further fire up Politoed and the quite impressionable Kricketune who seemed to hop in place and were prepared to help in operation distraction as all eyes turned to Esther now. "So how do we start?"

Adrianne watched as Reggie seemed to release more of his mon, she presumed that Bob did not need to eat but it was still nice to see Reggie's team join the fun as the food was delivered to them. "Thank you~!" Adrianne said to the waitress as she began to dig in. the Berries seemed to be appreciated by her partners and Aqua and Ace seemed to enjoy their bowls which along with Reggie's side also seemingly content with their meal was all she'd be able to ask for.

"A fishing shed? That would be good! If I can get a good rod I am sure I can find something out there that can use Surf." Adrianne mused, thanks to Reggie's bit of insider tips she knew the first of the Orange Crew required Surf for one of its events which she intended to see through. Besides, might be nice to have a way to travel places across the water without borrowing from Professor Ivy or sailing on her self-paddle boat.

However, the conversation had taken a turn as Reggie began to ramble off a bit and his gaze seemed to get hazy, she paused a bit of egg she had finished chewing as she raised an eyebrow. "Uh you okay you seem a bit...eep!" Adrianne called out as she suddenly was caught off guard as his head dropped to his hands on the table before he snapped back up as he seemed to fall asleep for a moment which caused het to blink with some visible concern.

"Um, maybe we should drop you off at the center to get some rest. Your sleep cycle is out of wack for understandable reasons and I don't want to feel like I am forcing you to move along when you are like this." Adrianne said as she outlined that possible idea as she had been sympathetic to his situation.