• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Nico Zacharias Flynn
Date: July 4th

Oh man, they've finally arrived at Camphrier Town, and wasn't it exciting! Broccoli and Pepper got tons of training on the way, and they definitely got better! Only thing to do now was wait for the tournament tomorrow, and then it'll be Nico's first tournament! Then Azumi started saying something about wanting dessert, which to be fair, Nico was also kinda craving..

"It's okay! I don't take it to heart, especially since i'm craving a bit of dessert too.." Nico chuckled, but she wasn't wrong, a bit of restaurant service never hurt anyone, and truly, Nico needed some more sugar.

Kurashiki Ki, July 4th, Campier Town

Kurashiki, one of the most talented people in the world at not being good at anything special. She was a decent student, sometimes funny, sometimes boring, decent at drawing, an ok flute player, never high ranks in video games or the low ones, her cooking isn't exceptional nor is it bad. She wasn't the tallest or the shortest, the strongest or the weakest, nor was she the smartest or the dumbest. Alas, the only thing she was good at….

Prrrrrri!

The fast moving Torchic leaped off the tree trunk and into the air, shooting a volley of small fireballs towards the target. The Scatterbug shrieked as the attack landed, causing it to run away afraid as a PokeBall clearly missed to hit it. Torchic landed with a soft grunt and turned to face its trainer.

The purple haired human scratched the back of her head, sinking her head in between her shoulders, "Sorry." Once again, they won the battle but she failed to catch the Pokemon. "Hey, nobody is perfect at throwing these things at first, okay?! Besides, we caught one yesterday."

Indeed the unlikely duo of a careless human and a super energetic Torchic had managed to capture a sword like Pokemon in the land of Kalos. Why were they in Kalos and not Galar? For the tournament of course!

Torchic and Budew were on a winning streak, which had given them a cocky attitude and made Kurashiki's control over them start to disappear. The trainer knew she couldn't just throw them at a strong opponent, they needed to lose on equal grounds. The doubles tournament was the soonest one available for novice trainers and with a big hole in her wallet, Kurishika found herself signing up for it.

Once Torchic and Budew lost, they could start training with their new addition. The last thing Kurashiki needed was an ungrateful sword with the same attitude. She could only hope the Honedge would be nice to her.

The duo walked up to the stadium, surrounded by many people looking to participate in the tournament or to watch the fun battles that would unravel during it. The only thing missing was Kurashiki's partner. She didn't know anyone! She had a plan though.

The purple haired girl stood near the registration counter, holding a white piece of carton with the words "Need a Partner" and burned edges, courtesy of Torchic.

Esther
Monday, July 4
Camphrier Town
Kalos Region​
Team On-hand: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Pariparisithea (Munna), Tarrah Ta’Ella (Bounsweet), Kasriel Ikaros Svelinka Sō (G-Zigzagoon), Bâquîle Nâva (Goomy), L’ Basseau. (Surskit)
In Esther’s care: Houndour​

Camphrier Town was a small, quant place especially when compared to Lumiose. The buildings looked small, but Esther was sure there were at least two or three stories. They only looked small because the town was dominated by Shabboneau Castle. She’d read about this kind of thing—a motte and bailey—olden fortifications where a castle stood on a raised mount in the middle of a city. She wondered if they accepted visitors.

“So, where’s the tournament? Do we need to hurry? If not we should get in some last-minute strategizing.”
$3,889
Hand-woven kilt
Pokéballs x2
Everstone x 1 – $15,000.00

Last edited:
Charlotte
Date: Present Day (July 20th?)
Team: Fernando (Infernape), Hatari (Luxray), Bolero (Roserade), Dini (Alakazam), Splash (Floatzel), Tiburon (Garchomp)

Five hours earlier...

You could have made something of yourself.
Risen to greater heights.
Taken on the Elite Four themselves.
Now no one will ever remember you.

Charlotte read the email one last time before deleting it. That last message was dated more than a year ago. "I really need to clean out my inbox more often."

She slammed her laptop shut and grabbed the backpack that was sitting at the foot of her bed. It was very old. The straps had practically been chewed to ribbons back when Hatari was still teething, and it had more patches than a world traveler's suitcase. Despite its drabby and vagabond appearance, Charlotte didn't have the heart to replace it. This was the pack she wore when she caught her first Pokémon, a pack that traveled halfway across the world. It carried a sick Shinx that would later become her most fearsome ally, and smuggled a dark secret out of one of the most respected companies back home. She wasn't ready to abandon it.

A pair of swim trucks came flying and hit her in the face. "Hey!"

Dini, her Alakazam, chuckled behind the lamp pole. Charlotte was probably one of few people to ever hear an Alakazam laugh. It was unusual, sort of a gurgle mixed with a purr, but in a pleasant sort of way.

"I know your excited," she said, "but give me a chance to get packed."

Ever since Charlotte promised her Pokémon a fun-filled day at the beach, they were practically bouncing off of the walls. Dini was the worst. He kept trying to shove things in Charlotte's backpack when she wasn't looking. Last night, he somehow had managed to fit the entire lampshade in there. What he wanted with it, Charlotte had no idea.

"Okay! Who's ready to...woah!"

Those were the words Dini had been waiting all morning to hear. Before Charlotte could object, he grabbed her and teleported her to the shores near Cianwood City. Party time!

Five hours later...

"You know the rules, Splash. You need three water-type Pokémon to compete in the Whirl Cup."

The Floatzel pouted. She dove underneath the water and caught a Remoraid, which responded by smacking it's tail in her face until she let go. Charlotte knew how much she missed being able to compete. Ever since she was a Buizel, Splash had been a Type 1 Showoff.

"Tell you what, if you can convince any of the nearby Pokémon to join you, by all means, go ahead."

That seemed to cheer Splash up. She used Aqua Jet and sped across the water, nearly knocking Charlotte off her inner tube. Her Alakazam drifted on an identical inner tube next to her. He was wearing a pair of sunglasses and the lampshade, which apparently he thought made a decent sunhat. Charlotte's other Pokémon had remained on the beach. As a Fire-type, Fernando wasn't keen on water. Charlotte's Roserade did not make a good swimmer, and Hatari usually liked to play by the tide pools and terrorize Krabbies. Tiburon, her newest member and first Dragon-type Pokémon was a bit hard to handle. Charlotte hoped she would be able to gain the Garchomp's trust without losing a hand in the process. Tiburon couldn't stand any form of power-up or mega evolution without going berserk. Charlotte thought back to their first meeting and shivered.

Meanwhile, Splash seemed to be in a heated argument with an Octillary. She bit the Octupus Pokèmon's tentacles, causing it to flinch.

"I said convince." Charlotte sighed. "Dini, make sure splash doesn't threaten any Pokémon to join our team. Okay?"

The Alakazam saluted before teleporting off. Charlotte flipped the page of her magazine. Imagine if someone came along and saw a twenty-one year old woman floating on an inner tube in the middle of the ocean. They'd probably think she was bait for a hungry Sharpedo. Good thing Sharpedos weren't native to this region.

Last edited:

| Korutesu |

Nico Zacharias Flynn

"Actually, before we go eat something, we should probably register to the competition before we forget," He mentioned, and added "C'mon! If we eat now, who knows if we can still register later on!" He ran out first, going straight into the registration area for the tournament, to be able to sign up. The stadium was crowded, but with a little effort, Nico had made it to the registration booth. He noticed someone who seemed around the same age as him, she stood beside the booth holding up a sign, with the words: 'Need a Partner' written on it. Well, he needed a partner too, so there wasn't really much of a choice, since Monty and Esther would probably pair up.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for a partner too! Would you like to partner up," He asked her, in a sincere tone, then he forgot to mention his name, "Oh yeah, My name is Nico! What about you?" He asked her for her name, hoping that she would say it and they could partner up for the tournament.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
Turffield Stadium, Galar Region
August 2nd
WCS Rank: 70,203

Wilford cursed under his breath as he watched his Monferno become engulfed by the white light that the Dynamaxed Eldegoss emitted from the ground. A combination of being caught off guard, the reduced speed from Eldegoss's Cotton Down ability, and sheer size of the move left Monferno unable to dodge. Fortunately, Monferno remained standing despite taking such a harsh blow, though a trained eye could tell that he would fall to a similar attack. Wilford possessed such an eye and matched it with a diligent mind, eager to find a solution for this newfound problem.

I don't want to Dynamax just yet...I can't get the full benefit of using that technique while my Monferno is weak and slow. Thwackey doesn't have the tools to take out this Eldegoss and I need to reset my tempo somehow...wait, that's it!

Reaching back to his suitcase, Wilford grabbed the two Pokéballs he brought to the battle and pressed each of their buttons, replacing his wounded Monferno with a confused Thwackey. Naturally, Thwackey's Grassy Surge ability activated, and what had once been a benefit had become a detriment, providing Eldegoss with recovery while amplifying its grass moves, perks that the Pokémon who had set the ability would be unable to enjoy long term.

"Double Hit!" Despite keeping up appearances with the same snap and confident tone that he carried whenever making orders, Wilford knew that there was no point in hoping for anything special when it came to the damage Eldegoss would suffer. Whether or not Thwackey's mad rush to hit the Eldegoss with his sticks was successful, Wilford's plan was occurring without a hitch.

Montagne Khastil
July 4 - Camphrier Town, Kalos
Evening Time

Monty knew there was a reason he was keeping Azumi and Nico around. Something to eat was exactly what the criminal needed after the day's long training and longer walk, and their dinner suggestion was practically music to his ears. Monty's mini-maestro sped away to take his symphonies elsewhere, and though Nico did make a good point about registering right away his stomach was pulling him every which way in search of a meal.

"Wai-" And just like that, Nico was already gone. Oh well, he tried.

Monty pointed to the very place their Alolan companion was already beelining toward, the grand castle overlooking the quaint-in-comparison town. "Shabboneau Castle, home of the Shabboneau Junior Something-or-Another. Registration's there, tournament's tomorrow morning."

The criminal led the way in following after Nico, and as his eyes swept back-and-forth across the streets he picked up on banners, hanging lights, and people hastily constructing and stocking market stalls; the trappings of a summer festival.

Halfway to the castle they passed through a town square, swarming with people and pokémon preparing for the celebration named by a long banner draped between two buildings— the 48th Camphrier Festival.

"Oh, that's right." Monty's memory was jogged by the decorations, and he pulled out his smartphone. Large fingers moved deftly across the screen, and he texted a link to the advertisement for the tournament to his three human companions.

The Shabboneau Estate is excited to announce the 7th Annual Shabboneau Junior Tournament in conjunction with the 48th Annual Camphrier Festival!

The SJT is a celebration of the most exciting time in any aspiring trainer’s life, the start of their Pokémon journey! Any and all novice trainers are welcomed to Shabboneau Castle in Camphrier Town for a day of fun, fireworks, and battle!

Participation is first come, first serve! Will you be one of the lucky 32?

The Tournament:
  • Participants will join together in teams of two (2) for a series of 2-on-2 battles!
  • Each participant may only use one (1) Pokémon per battle, but there is no limit on the number of battles a Pokémon may participate in!
  • 1st Prize - Both winning participants will be able to choose from the Shabboneau Estate’s vast art collection, as well as receiving $1000! (Credits given in the form of a gift card)
  • 2nd Prize - Each participant will receive $1000!
  • Semi-Finalist Prizes - Each participant will receive $750!

Tournament Schedule:
  • Opening Ceremony - 10 a.m.
  • First Rounds - 10:30 a.m.
  • Quarter Finals - 11:30 a.m.
  • Coordinator Exhibition - 1:30 p.m.
  • Semi Finals - 4:30 p.m.
  • Final Round - 5:30 p.m.
  • Closing Ceremony/Fireworks - 7 p.m.

"I just sent you two the info for the tournament. It's got the schedule in there, prize money, the works." Monty addressed Esther and Azumi as they started up the winding path to the castle, and after a moment of thought replaced the phone in his hand with Chauffemagne and Abnégarde's Poké Balls.

After a short protest from the Eevee which included a nip to his ear and an OUCH!, the scraps of fur were dematerialized in flashes of red light. Monty had no idea how many people would be there already registering, and keeping them in their balls took Abné away from prying eyes and Chauffe from prying into everyone they walked past.

Kurashiki Ki, July 4th, Campier Town

"Oh, wow it actually worked." Kura scratched the back of her head as she lowered the sign. "My name is Kurashiki, you can call me Kura or Shiki. I'm a lil surprised you want to team up, we're not that strong and- hey! Ouch!"

The girl jumped to the side as the Torchic pecked her ankle. "Sorry, yes let's team up I guess." She dropped the sign while shrugging. "I have a Torchic and a Budew. Well I also caught a sword, but it's pretty recent, I don't really know what it does yet. So, just these two for now."

Kurashiki sighed, as if she had been talking too long. "We should go sign up then?"

Azumi Towers

"The castle is impressive." Azumi looked up at the marvelous structure with admiration. "Can you imagine being a princess or a queen? I think it must've been a lot of work." She looked at Esther and smiled, "But you would look great in a princess dress." Then she looked at Monty, a rare teasing smile on her face.

How to make friends for Dummies, was an excellent book. One of the chapters included information on "joking around". Azumi had studied it a bit, got to see some examples and even practiced when she was alone. Usually the joke had to be something related to the ongoing subject. Then, you could use sarcasm to give the listeners a funny image in their minds. Azumi had stayed up late the night before going over different jokes in her head and finally, the time for it had presented itself.

"I think you would too mister Montagne." Nailed it.

Azumi had to bite her lower lip to keep herself from laughing. The joke was genius! Monty would never wear a princess dress because he wasn't a princess! It would probably fit him to small also and make him walk funny! Oh what a silly situation would that be. Even Nana was giggling loudly at Azumi's joke, which is the result she expected of course.

Esther
Monday, July 4
Camphrier Town
Kalos Region​
Team On-hand: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Pariparisithea (Munna), Tarrah Ta’Ella (Bounsweet), Kasriel Ikaros Svelinka Sō (G-Zigzagoon), Bâquîle Nâva (Goomy), L’ Basseau. (Surskit)
In Esther’s care: Houndour​

Esther waved as Nico rushed off, today would be a slow morning. No rushing for her. At least for a little bit. Now what was Monty saying? Tomorrow morning? Huh, didn’t that mean they could’ve taken it a bit easier on the road? Ugh, so her legs were killing her for nothing? Great! Hadn’t she spotted a river running by the town? Mmm, she’d go soak her legs later.

“Oh, we’re already here?”

The Shabboneau castle was very....castle. Maybe it was exhaustion from the rush or maybe the novelty of castles had worn off after she’d seen the Santalune castle...nah, it was definitely exhaustion talking, but either way, Esther didn’t have many thoughts on the ancient castle. It was big, it was luxurious, and it was very castle. But it was missing something. Something quintessentially castle that made the Shabboneau castle a lesser castle than it could’ve been. Azumi’s joke was spot on! The caste was missing a princess!

Esther covered a snicker with her hand. Her in a princess dress? Nah, didn’t fit her style. At least, the ballgown-style princesses she’d associate with Kalos’ castles didn’t fit her style, but Monty? Maybe Azumi was onto something.

“She’s right you know? I’ve got a dress in my bag that should fit you...if you want to try it on.”
$3,889
Hand-woven kilt
Pokéballs x2

Everstone x 1 – $15,000.00

Reginald Valerias​

Date: June 2
Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus, Frillish, White-Striped Basculin
WCS Rank: 69,989

Interactions: Adrianne Silvers (Godjacob), Briar Hightower (ThAtGuY101)

Reggie had regathered himself, having coughed and cleared his throat to get rid of that awful croaking noise. His Haunter hovered beside him, disappointment in his eyes, but with the way the ghost was gazing at his trainer made Reggie realize he had put the poor guy through utter emotional turmoil. He chuckled, rubbing his forehead. "I won't do anything too crazy like that again."

He looked back to see Adrianne having her Azurill fight the Staryu. Eyes widening, he got up and approached until he was far enough away to give Adrianne some space but close enough to see Azurill whenever she breached the surface. Smiling at her catch, he held up her hand for Adrianne to smack. "Good job, high five!"

Emeric floated over to see what was going on and trilled in triumph at Adrianne's victory. Though, he hovered there with some worry, hoping that Aqua can bring back the Pokeball without losing it like Reggie.

Surely, Adrianne was luckier than that.

Nakano Saito​

Date: June 15 (26yo); 1 Month prior
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Tochi the Parasect, Fluffy the Flareon, Aero the Aerodactyl, Yuki the Froslass, Hattie the Hatterene

Interactions: Ezio Farello (DarkHydraT)

Once Naka's Pokemon were fed, she went about returning them all except her Pichu. However, her Aerodactyl had stared at someone with interest. She didn't return him, but wished she did. The Aerodactyl ran over to the man sipping his coffee and looking over research papers with his tongue lolling out the side of his mouth, his eyes giving off the impression of a Growlithe instead of some apex predator of the skies.

She ran over, putting her hand on Aero's head to prevent him from touching the table and knocking it over. "Oh, hey, sorry about him. I think he thinks you smell good." Aero nodded his head rapidly, staring intently at him.

That's when it clicked in Naka's head. This guy... Really looked familiar. He also looked like he didn't sleep that well the night before. Her apologetic smile turned into wry familiarity as she looked at him a bit more. "Mr. Farello?" She didn't know him well enough to call him by his first name, but his explorations on ruins were well known in the science community. She bowed politely, grinning wide. "Hi, I'm Nakano Saito, field researcher working under Professor Rowan and Lucas. This is Aero and this is Chu." She gestured to her Aerodactyl who was rubbing her side affectionately, and her Pichu who sat atop her hair and waved at Ezio.

She squinted over at the ruins, then looked back at Ezio. "You mind if I ask you some questions about the ruins? I have a couple theories about what is in there based on other testimony, but I could also use some help in investigating the source of all that wailing."

Akira​

Date: June 19; 1 month prior
Pokemon Team: Mamoswine, Bastiodon, Chandelure

Interactions: Gwen Tucker (IDKWhatUserNameToDo)

As Akira returned his Pokemon and released his Mamoswine in the corner of the lodge to heal him up with a Max Potion spray and having a Revive, he was just about to return to his duties when he heard squealing. Familiar squealing. He looked around, wondering if a Swinub had ran inside again, only to see that young girl from earlier chasing it down.

Was it one of her own Pokemon?

He walked on over to the kitchen where the Swinub had taken Gwen, and he chuckled upon seeing the girl trip over the poor swine. He held out a hand to help her up. "You okay, girlie? I see your Swinub's hungry. Hina!" He looked over to the kitchen. His sister appeared with a soft smile, only for her eyes to widen in alarm as she suddenly saw something in the corner of her vision. "Don't worry about 'em, it's just a Swinub. It's hungry."

"Oh, okay." She grabbed some truffles and threw it in a bowl for the Swinub to eat, clicking her tongue against the roof of her mouth to attract the Swinub to her as she walked around the counter to then set the bowl down in front of the bar, and then retreated back behind it.

"I remember when I started out on a journey. The Pokemon I started with was a Swinub. You and your Pokemon hungry, kiddo?" He asked.

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 19 (26yo)
Location: Pokemon Center, Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Silenus the Sceptile, Hattie the Hatterene

Interactions: Reina Cortez (Hecotoro), "Eveline" Velsh (Quantum Lila)

Ludwig hadn't realized what he had done until it was too late. Putting his hands in front of his bill to show his shock, he was then dragged back into the Pokemon Center. He scratched the back of his head, chuckling in a sort of quacking chortle and apologizing to her. Only to see her laugh. Really? She wasn't upset? He smiled wide, cheering as he danced around them.

Naka wasn't sure how to take this news. The fact she was twenty-two and it's been fifteen years... That meant her young self must be seven right now. That was when Naka looked at the Oblivian's trainer card. Her eyes widened.

"Oh..." That's all she could say. What was she supposed to offer? Advice on what to do? Temporal studies were hypothetical at best, she didn't know what would help in offering any advice!

She took a deep breath and thought to herself before speaking low. "Well... Whatever changes happen to Gene will happen to you or there are now two separate versions of you. Two timelines of what you are now and what Gene will later become coexisting side by side with each other without overlapping each other. Just try not to be around her too much as to not cause issues, but I think the one thing you have to watch out for would be if she died which... I doubt will happen." She gave an apologetic smile for bring it up, and tried to assuage any worries with a nonchalant tone. "I wish I can help you more, but temporal studies are more about hypothetical guessing about what could happen given paradoxes won't fuck up your day, mainly because temporal phenomenon are extremely difficult to study. I would say go to Sinnoh. There's someone in the Canalave City library who knows more about this stuff than I do."

She pursed her lips and looked at her pants. "Well, here. I got some pocket change enough and I won't be taking any ferries or anything to Red Rock Isle tomorrow. Got to make sure my Pokemon get their stamina training in." She fished out her wallet and pulled out 3,000 Pokedollars. "Here. Should be enough for a while. Starting trainer's amount and all that. If you're in the WCS or do wage battles, you should be able to get more and considering your Pokemon are quite strong, you'll get quite the amount. Just try not to lose." She chuckled, winking at her.

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 20 (26yo)
Location: Scarlet Beach, Red Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Silenus the Sceptile, Hattie the Hatterene

Interactions: Theo Hightower (Sir Krazz)

Too late, Naka was going to spend money on the guy. She just waved her hand nonchalantly at him. "Researcher's salary, I've been saving it all for several years. I'm sure it'll be fine. I'll start you out with 3,000 Pokedollars, and I'll help buy you some other essentials you'll need."

She nodded as he began sounding out what he got at least in terms of catching Pokemon. "It's yours. I gave you the ball, but it was caught by your hand. So it's yours. Don't worry about the Trainer ID, I can set you up with one when we get to a Pokemon Center."

Theo began sounding out what he had correct. She chuckled when he accidentally released the Pokemon, finding the Shinx adorable. Though, her face scowled upon hearing him say 'force'. She shook her head. "No, not force them to fight. It's a part of most of their instincts to fight, either for survival or for us. Pokemon have been with humans for millennia as guardians that we train and instruct to fight. You can do wage battles, which are just battles with a wager of whatever money you set out. You win, you get what's in the pot basically. Just because you do a random battle out on the streets doesn't mean you'll get anything monetary out of it though."

She sighed as he was kind of getting it but not really. Pursing her lips, she then grinned as she saw the Pokemon Center in sight. "Hm, you're... Almost correct. Your Shinx may not be a Dark-Type, but it can use a Dark-Type move. In fact, there's quite a few Pokemon who are versatile and can use a lot of different types of moves. There are eighteen types in all. And evolution is more like a flash change. While we do have Darwinism... I think you have that in your world... Hopefully. But anyway, other than Darwinism, we have another kind of evolution. Look." She pointed to a kid who was giving their six-tailed red fox, a Vulpix, a glowing red and orange stone. Once the stone touched the Vulpix's head, the fox was enveloped in sky blue and white energy. The light would be blinding if they were closer to it. The form grew bigger, until a splendid cream-colored nine-tailed fox was in its stead. "That is a Ninetales, an evolution of a Vulpix. They're both Fire-Types, but have other supernatural abilities. To evolve a Vulpix, you need a Fire Stone, a stone that radiates Fire elemental energy in such abundance that it causes an evolution. There are other ways to evolve Pokemon too, like training them to make them stronger."

She turned to Theo with a big smile. "I got an idea. I'll give you three of my Pokemon to train, so you can understand how to train Pokemon you come by and do this all by hand instead of doing it by me telling you." She then furrowed her brow, confusion on her face. "What's a PETA? That an organization?"

She shook her head and walked... Past the Pokemon Center. She pointed up at it though. "The ones with the red roofs are Pokemon Centers. In some regions, they have Pokemon Cafes and Pokemon Marts in them, but in other regions that haven't converted them into the same building, Pokemon Marts have blue roofs, and there are other diners and stuff. Like this one." Next to the Pokemon Center was a cafe. They both shared a Pokemon battlefield near the back. There was a battle going on at the moment.

"Raichu, Thunder!"

"Vaporeon, Hydro Pump!"

As Naka got to the door, she stopped to look over at the fight. An orange mouse with a wiry black tail and a thunderbolt at the end of it glowed with lightning energy before sending a blast of thunder into the sky. It came crashing down, only for the mer-fox to jump back and blast out a huge beam of water at the mouse, the lightning catching the water and traveling with it to hit the Raichu, but also cause damage to the Vaporeon. They both cried out, but the determination on their faces to beat each other were intense, juxtaposed with the worry form their trainers, as they seemed concerned for their health, asking if they were both okay.

"See? Then you have those who are content to just be house pets or used to help our research. Just as long as they are comfortable and being fed, they don't mind traveling. Though, if you want to be nice about it, you can ask them if they want to go with you to become stronger. Most will say yes, especially if you prove your capability in taking care of them." With that said, she entered the cafe. It was a cozy, quaint cafe, and Naka sat herself at the bar. "Spicy Moomoo Milk please."

"This early in the day?" Teased the bartender, who gave her an alcoholic Moomoo Milk special. Naka looked back at Theo, wondering what he'll get. She gave him the menu, wondering if he was able to read it. There were two languages: One that looked similar to Japanese and the other that looked similar to English.

Milo​

Date: August 1
Pokemon Team: Oddish, Eldegoss

Battling: Laura Willham and Koffing (Grand Master Koop) vs Eldegoss
Field: N/A

Once the attack hit, Eldegoss's body shined before she shrunk back to her normal size. Seeing the Steel-Type Max Move, Milo knew his Eldegoss couldn't dodge it... But they could take it.

"Protect!"

Even though the move was going to go right through the move, it would take the brunt of the attack and that Koffing will revert back to normal right afterwards. The Eldegoss's body was enveloped in a green bubble that protected her from the spiky steel attack just enough despite it piercing through and hurting her anyway. She shook it off, but she was very tired and was finding it difficult to continue.

Now, to wait what that Koffing will do once it turned back to normal.

Milo​

Date: August 2
Pokemon Team: Lombre, Eldegoss

Battling: Wilford Pine and Thwackey (sSoul) vs Eldegoss

Ah, he chose to wait out his attack. He smiled, watching him return his Monferno for Thwackey. He grinned, his hands at his hips. "Max Strike!" They really didn't have other moves, and he would have used Max Overgrowth if they didn't already have Grassy Surge. The Double Hit barely felt like anything thanks to her increased stamina from the Dynamax and her natural bulk. The Eldegoss's body shined white before the ground underneath the Thwackey cracked, a white blast surging up to smash into the Thwackey if he wasn't fast enough to dodge it.

Ron Towers, Johto, July 18th, Goldenrod City.

While the sun was setting on the famous Johto city, Ron and Gwen found themselves within the city. The had picked up a hint that, once again, Team Rocket was trying to gather. Trying to follow up on clues on the team after the latest encounter had the group in Johto. Ron placed down the half full glass of beer with a loud sigh.

The bar he had chosen to spend the evening was a quiet one, probably opened up after he had left years ago. There weren't many people, which was the neat part. The only thing that bothered Ron was the bartender's weird glare on them. Ron looked at his reflection on the mirror in front them and shrugged, there was nothing wrong with him or Gwen.

"Okay, is she old enough to be here?" The bartender finally asked, looking at Gwen.

Ron looked at the young girl and back at the man asking the question. "Look, she had a rough time. We both needed a drink."

The bartender gave Ron an astonished look, "That's not what I meant. Just, whatever man. Refill?" he looked at Ron's almost empty glass.

"Yeah, and another orange juice for the lady."

The bartender shrugged and served up the drinks, sliding them to Gwen and Ron.

"You hungry kid? I can order some..." Ron looked at the badly written menu next to the mirror. "Boneless or a quesadilla, I don't know what the fuck that second one is. Anyways, we haven eaten in a while and you're growing and stuff, so you should probably eat a lot." At least that's how he remembered teenagers worked.

Ron knew Gwen was feeling though due to her losses and he wanted to help out, but he didn't know how. He figured they needed to talk about it and the only way to do that was to be smooth and try to slowly get into the subject.

"Losing sucks huh?"

Theo Hightower
Thursday, July 20th
Red Rock Isle, Johto
Interactions: Nakano Saito (Merciless Medic)

Ooh. Not force. That was good. It was in their nature to want to fight. Glancing down, he couldn't help but feel like that wasn't true of the Shinx at his side. The cat pokemon seemed more ready to be the aforementioned house pet than anything. The only evidence to the contrary he had was the Shinx headbutting the big crab earlier. Hmm. He wondered. A dark thought crossed his mind, Theo licking his lips at the thought. It had been a while since he had had crab meat. He'd have to put a pin in that one for now. “Something like that. PETA is People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. We don't have pokemon, but there are people who force animals to fight each other for sport and money. PETA's ideals are great, but the organization itself tends to be extreme. Sometimes being just as violent if not more so than the violence they swear to oppose.”

So Shinx was his. That was good. It meant he had a chance, however small, of standing on his own two feet eventually. And also good! They had Darwinism. That was a good sign. So then what was the evolution she was talking about? The question was answered when a child was pointed out to him h olding what looked like a red rock to a small orange fox with...six tails? The fox's form changed to a bright blinding light and grew in size, eventually replaced with a golden yellow fox with nine tails. That....was probably the single most amazing thing he had ever seen in his entire life. “I...yeah. That...we don't have that. At best that would be an extreme, unexplainable transformation. Transfiguration? Trans something.” 18 types total. Some pokemon could use moves not their natural type. This was going to take more getting used to than he originally thought. “And this evolution. It's....permanent? Semi-permanent?” Could the Ninetales go back to a Vulpix now that it had become a Ninetales, or was it stuck that way? “I hope there's not a test on this later. I'm....getting it, I think, but not all of it. Is there like a manual on this somewhere?” Not that he wasn't thankful for the in person explanation, he was, but if he could see it in printed format right in front of him he felt like he would understand it better. Then again, a book was the whole reason he was in this situation in the first place. Did he really want to try reading another one so soon? “Whoa whoa whoa. I'll...no. I'll borrow three of your pokemon and return them to you after we have supervised training sessions. I don't think I'm ready to take on taking care of three more pokemon.” In truth he wasn't even 100% sure he was ready to take on taking care of Shinx.

He stopped a step before she did, watching the Raichu vs Vaporeon battle. Add it to the ever growing list of 'if I hadn't seen it for myself I wouldn't believe it' he had started just since Naka had found him. The humans, trainers was their titles, did seem genuinely worried for their pokemon companions. They even seemed to be concerned for the other trainer's pokemon as well, before continuing their match. “Indeed.” At least it was a rat and not a snake. Ooh no. Were there snakes in this world? He hoped not. He hated snakes. And Spiders. Spiders were the worst. Again he followed her, this time being led to a cafe. No themes. Just your average, ordinary every day cafe. Well, as average as it could get, what with having a pink monkey with a gloved hand for a tail swinging from the rafters to deliver a tray of food to a waiting family. That was going to take some getting used to. He sat on the stool next to her, looking up to the menu. One language he didn't recognize at all. The other he had to tilt his head at and almost squint before giving up “I'll just have a water.” He wasn't sure he could handle anything else right now. Just one more thing to throw on to the pile at this point. He figured now was the right time to take that pin out of the thought from earlier. “So I've been thinking. The crab thing on the beach. Big. Red. Pincers that go” he mimed what the Krabby had done to him “That was a pokemon. I get that. To me it was just a crab. Do yall...eat pokemon here? You said all creatures are pokemon, so do yall have hamburgers?” Gods he hoped this wasn't a vegetarian paradise. “Cause if not, I wanna get even with that crab for pinching my ass, and I'm not above having crab legs for dinner.”

Nakano Saito​

Location: Cafe, Scarlet Beach, Red Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto

Once that Shinx got into a fight, Theo will see the nature of the Pokemon currently rubbing at his leg. She got an explanation of what PETA was at least, but snickered as he said how extreme they were. "Sounds like Team Plasma." She sighed, shaking her head. "At least, what they tried doing, liberating Pokemon from people, but it was as a front to take over Unova." She kept her lips sealed about it from further questions, not wanting to talk about it.

She chuckled at how he handled the evolution in front of him. She nodded when he said transformation, which was what it was essentially. She nodded again at his next question. "Permanent. But Pokemon generally do get stronger and better after they evolve. Rarely do Pokemon evolutions become disadvantageous. I'll be getting you a phone that will have a Pokedex app. It'll tell you everything you need to know about the mechanics of Pokemon and Pokemon themselves."

When she had realized she said 'give' and not 'borrow', she chuckled. "Oh, whoops. Yeah, I need them once you're done. I don't think they'll listen to you if I did that."

His interaction with the menu had her answer. He was used to a different language. She pushed the menu away, and pulled out a notebook from her backpack. It looked fresh, like she had recently just bought it. Taking out a pack with pencils, pens, and eraser caps, she began writing out the alphabet in her language. "I hope you're familiar with your A, B, C's and 1, 2, 3's. I'm giving you an alphabet and our number symbols. The phone will have a Rotom - don't worry, it won't need any food, they're trained to be phone assistants. A Rotom is a ghost made of plasma that can possess appliances and electrical objects. If given a phone, it can talk and help you with inputting commands. It can also change your language settings. So..." She scooted over the notebook and the case of pens, pencils, and eraser caps. "Write down your symbols from A through Z underneath each symbol, then write down your symbols from 1 through 0 underneath these symbols like you would with a phone." She pointed to each one, the row of letters on the top, and the numbers at the bottom oriented like it would on a phone's screen. Her finger then dragged across the page. "Left to right, up to down." She went back to sipping her spiked milk. "This is the Unovan alphabet you're looking at. Once we get you a phone, your Rotom can scan the alphabet and create a translation for you to read it properly. As for the Pokemon you found, it's called a Krabby, a Water-Type. You're lucky it wasn't its stronger evolution. You wouldn't have a butt to speak of." She chuckled, finding that a little funny.

"As for eating Pokemon? Yes. Moomoo Milk is made by a cow called Miltank." She pointed to a picture of a cartoony Miltank on the fridge. She then pointed to some of the meat options they have. "While it's not something a lot of us like doing since Pokemon tend to have remarkably astounding sentience and even are intelligent enough to achieve sapience of a sort, there is a market for it. Farfetch'd, a duck with a leek it uses as a sort of club, were hunted to near extinction because of how tasty it was some century or two ago. There were other Pokemon who were hunted to near extinction that we protect now, but that doesn't mean we don't eat Pokemon. We do. That reminds me." She pointed to an option on the counter. "Grumpig in a Blanket for me please."

The bartender nodded and gave her a plate of the warm ham sausage wrapped in melting cheese and bread from inside a container with a heat lamp, giving it to Naka. "Though, you normally wouldn't go after Pokemon that are in the wild unless you absolutely have to and if you're not in some nature preserve. You have to get a hunting permit and go into designated areas if you actually want to go hunting, but that shit's expensive. There are alternatives and there are better ways of getting Pokemon meat, like buying it from places like this or just having our fake meat. Tofu never tasted this good." She chuckled. "If you want Krabby legs, I'm not stopping you, but don't go killing Pokemon for food too near human settlements. You will be quickly condemned as that Pokemon could have been used as a future trainer's Pokemon one day, and most of the trainers we see nowadays are kids aged ten and up. There are farms for that sort of thing if you want some meat." She waved her hand nonchalantly and looked at the menu. "So, what are you hungry for? What you ask for in any breakfast diner, they may have here. Just throw something at me."

Last edited:
Theo Hightower
Thursday, July 20th
Red Rock Isle, Johto

PETA was evil. He knew it. He listened as she explained about the Rotom that would come with his phone, a ghostly personal assistant who could help him with learning to translate things on his own, he had to shake his head. First pokemon, now ghosts. What's next? Dragons and unicorns? At this point he knew better than to question whatever it was Naka was telling him. She could say that it was normal for people to breathe under water and he'd have no reason not to believe it. He looked at the notebook when it was passed over and nodded, vaguely recognizing some of the symbols due to their similarity to the ones in the book. One in particular stood out to him, Theo pointing it out. “That one. Hold on” he quickly filled in the letters as instructed, looking back up to it when he saw it was the symbol for the letter K. “I know it doesn't mean much, but that one is one of the symbols from the book.” What he drew under it was nothing like the letter K, though it looked completely different than the symbol Naka had drawn. Their languages were different after all. It wouldn't take him long to learn it. A week, tops.

He looked up to the fridge to see the cartoony Miltank, figuring that's genuinely looked like. Well, he guessed not all of the pokemon could be winners. So far what he had seen of pokemon they were incredible. Miltank? Not so much. Finishing the paperwork a moment later Theo would out of habit sign his name under the work he had done before sliding the folder back to Naka, contemplating the information she had given him. So what she was saying what he didn't get a freebie. He could go back and get revenge on the Krabby, but it would probably be a bad idea to do so. He had to do a double take when she said some trainers start at the age of ten. “Huh. Well that's....I don't know why that's surprising to be honest. I was dusting off and categorizing fossils when I was 10. Most kids my age were getting phones or pets or...Huh. Guess across two worlds I'm the odd ball out.” Well that was depressing. “Allright. I won't go get that Krabby....this time. But he tries that stunt again, and its crab catch...” he stopped himself, realizing what he was about to say. He didn't have to think about his breakfast order. The order left him as soon as it was asked. “Plate of pancakes scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon on the side.”

A few thoughts came to him then. “I...washed up on a beach. So are we on an island? I could've easily washed up on a deserted island. Are there deserted islands here, or has every plot of land been colonized for something? Are the same pokemon found all over the world, or can you only find certain ones in certain places? And on that note, do all trainers...how do I...do they all start at the same place at the same time? Maybe every once a month or so to spread it out some? And how do people get their first pokemon? Do more experienced trainers like you help them like you're helping me, or is it different?” Which begged the question then where did the more experienced trainers get their first pokemon. And so on and so forth. “How long as this been your society's structure system? Who created the first pokeball?” he thought for a few seconds, about to ask potentially another dozen or so questions when he instead said “I...suppose I should learn more about your world' present before I learn about its past, huh? This is going to be quite the undertaking.....I can't wait.”

Montagne Khastil
July 4 - Camphrier Town, Kalos

Imagine being a princess? Who needed to imagine, when Oracle already fit the description?! The Absol may be far from her rightful kingdom, but she knew Azumi had seen her regal jewelry! There was something funny about useless Monty dressing as a princess, though. Useless Monty, with a crown atop his head! That would be the day.

Azumi's joke, her giggling Gardevoir, and Esther's quick follow-up sent Monty's eyes rolling. Him, in a dress? They'd have an easier time getting Oracle to eat pokémon kibble. A castle needed knights and shit, too, right? He could see himself in a suit of armor.

"I'll pass. Wouldn't want to outshine you ladies." A grin cracked across the Lumiosite's face, and he added, "When we win you two might be able to get enough drinks into me, though."

Monty's empty promise came as they passed through the castle's grand gateway, and as the wooden thuds of their footsteps on the drawbridge turned back to hard steps on cobblestone he noticed the four battlefields in the courtyard. Each earthen rectangle was about the size, if not a little smaller, than the one in Santalune's gym, and metal bleachers were fit snug against the towering castle walls.

So this was where the tournament would actually take place, eh? Monty spared a glance down to Oracle, and partner and trainer exchanged a confident nod. Across the courtyard were a set of huge, ornate glass doors, and inside he could see a small mass of young trainers.

Voices hummed and the group's footsteps ochoed off of the marble castle floors, and the walls of what was an apparent reception area were covered in artwork. The interior screamed ancient and wealth— the opposite of Monty's upbringing in Lumiose. There was a better word for it...affluence.

It was a little off-putting to the criminal, but he made his way toward the desk all the same. The receptionist looked him up and down, like she was scrutinizing every detail of his appearance, though she spoke with a polite tone. "Are you all here for the tournament?"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
August 2nd

Like Monferno before him, Thwackey was unprepared to dodge the incoming Max Strike, but given the previous damage sustained by his bout with Lombre, the Beat Pokémon was unable to get up after being hit by the Max Strike. Cries of concern from the crowd accompanied the declaration of Thwackey's inability to continue, but Wilford's face only showed a confident smirk.

Perfect.

Once again, Wilford returned Thwackey to his Pokéball and sent out Monferno. However, the rich young man didn't call for an attack, instead focusing on trying to Dynamax his Pokémon. Despite taking every other precaution, Wilford never attempted to Dynamax any of his Pokémon before due to a combination of lacking exploration partners and an inability to find Power Spots. This inexperience led to Wilford pausing for a noticeable moment upon returning Monferno to his Pokéballs to examine the Dynamax band.

Fortunately, the band was so well designed that even a foreign amateur could manage to use it successfully on his first try. After Wilford tapped the central part of the band, several magenta streams of energy erupted from the band, converging onto the Pokéball. Wilford found his grip forcibly relaxed as the Pokéball increased to the size of a basketball, with only his quick reflexes to credit for not dropping the ball. Despite the size increase, the ball remained relatively light, making it easy for Wilford to throw behind him. The rich young man intended to stare down the gym leader, but he couldn't help himself from watching his Monferno enlarge.

"Holy shit..." Wilford's mouth went through the motions of speaking despite the lack of audible output. Crowned with a spiral of three dark magenta clouds, Monferno towered over the trainers, meeting eye to eye with Eldegoss with an excited grin. Wilford soon felt a strange sensation inside of him. He wanted to try this out, he wanted to see what Monferno could do, he wanted to fight! But no. He had to stick to the plan. Only an amateur would lose themselves in their emotions. That, among many other things, separated the winners from the losers.

Despite never using Dynamax himself, Wilford was sure to do research on the phenomenon before entering the gym. He knew the statistics behind it: a Pokémon's HP doubles while they gain immunity to certain effects and their attacking receive a substantial buff in power. However, Wilford also knew what happened to non-attacking moves upon Dynamaxing, and by keeping Helping Hand in Monferno's moveset, he had laid the foundation for his next move.

"I'm sorry, but that was the last attack you're getting. Monferno, Max Guard!" Extending his hand outward, Wilford allowed himself to indulge in a little mockery as he issued his next command. Monferno extended his hands out in front of him, creating a teal shield that eventually surrounded the area around him. Regardless of Eldegoss's next move, Monferno's safety was assured.

Adrianne Silvers (Normal Class: 96,094)
Tangelo Island, Orange Archipelago (June 2nd)

Adrianne sighed in relief, though as she saw Reggie hold a hand up she smiled and gave him a hi five as Aqua careuflly worked to swim over with the Pokeball on its head as she wanted to avoid dropping it. Course, seeing the Haunter floating about had caused its eyes to widen but she focused on and soon approached the Tentacruel.

"Good job Aqua, you did great!" Adrianne complimented as she took the Pokeball of the captured Staryu and returned Aqua to her own as she scanned the Pokeball proud of their accomplishment.

Though she turned over to Reggie.

"Alright just try to avoid making it a habit. Last thing anyone needs is for you to lose members of your party or drown out here." Adrianne said as she was relieved he was fine though it seemed even awake Reggie had known how to keep things uh interesting let's say. Though as she faced Briar and Reggie she glanced at her ball and began to mill over what she wanted to call her new teammate. Pokemon species without specified genders required a gender neutral name, as she tapped her chin in thought.

"Hum...maybe Aster would be good..." Adrianne mused to herself.

Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto (July 19th)

"Uh, what is that supposed to me?" Desmond asked as he blinked at Aldon, having mentioned getting up "nice and early" which seemed to be news to the Photographer. As he moved back up Naka waved them goodbye and Desmond decided he needed to depart. "Actually, you can tell me tomorrow. I am too tired to be in a talking mood. I'll see you later." Desmond said as he waved to Aldon and had began to move off the beach back to the Pokemon Center.

Desmond had been sort of on auto pilot after the events on the beach, the trip to the Nurse Joy to heal up Politoed and Kricketune had been more of a blur than anything else. Once that was done he made his way back to the area Reina had managed to book them to stay on the island as his goal was clear; get to bed, and sleep away what had been quite the eventful and stressful series of events.

He stepped inside his room and changed into some more casual clothing, he wasn't sure if he even stopped by to say hi to anyone as his mind had been a jumbled mess, but that all mattered less as he flopped on the bed and prepared for an extended rest.

Given the kind of crap he had been through, he figured he deserved this.

Last edited:
~Aldon Charlton...~
~Skol the king of gods, Bran the bronzor, Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~
~Abyssal ruins, June 16th...~
~Rererences: Ezio...~

As Aldon left the Abyssal Ruins, it was nice to be above sea level and breathe in fresh air. Skol was by his side and Wunder was back in her pokeball. He had eventually gotten back to his friend on the boat. They had gotten out as his place. He had intended to give him one of his statues, hence why he grabbed two. While he was relaxing at his friend's place, he decided to text Ezio the picture of Skol on the throne with the crown on his head. Before he left Unova, he'd send all of his relics to his home to be stored and collect. A lot better than leaving them in his bag forever and ever.

$16,350
14x pokéballs
5x Super Potions
3x Full Heals
6x Oran berry,
C-Gear
Waterproof sleeping bag
Travel cooking supplies
Portable tent
Hiking and archeology tools
x3 bronze relics
x3 silver relics
x2 gold relics
x1 relic statues -1 Relic statue
x1 relic vase
x1 relic band
x1 relic crown

~Briar Hightower...~
~Briar Pokémon: Grafaiai/Baba(F), galarian wheezing/Puff Puff(M), tentecruel/Maggie(F), Revavroom/Hemi(M), clodsire/Claudia(F), smeargle/Frida(F)...~
~Turffield, August 2nd...~
~Rank: 48,420...~
~References: Milo vs Wilford...~

"Son of a bitch... Where is all of the mf noise coming fro- Ooh ooh ooh ooh oooooh oooooooohh!!" as she saw the giant pokemon battling it out and the cheering of the crowd she went from full stop complaining then all out cheering like the many fans watching. Baba didn't like being woken up, but loved making loud noises, so rather than attack like she usually would. The punishment for waking her, she joined in the loud cheer.

~Briar Hightower...~
~Briar Pokémon: Grafaiai/Baba(F), galarian wheezing/Puff Puff(M), tentecruel/Maggie(F), Revavroom/Hemi(M), clodsire/Claudia(F), smeargle/Frida(F)...~
Tangelo Island, June 2nd...~
~Reactions: Adrianne and Reggie...~

Sure enough Adrianne managed to eventually catch her star. Reggie even managed to catch two pokemon. The next step of the plan seemed obvious. Briar leaned forward.

"Cute name for a cute star. So now what? Do you guys plan to head straight into training? Go to the pokecenter? Catch more pokemon? Since they are newly caught, they are still somewhat wild" Briar asked, leaning slightly back. Baba puffed up her shoulders and began to pace back and forth in an attempt to look tough. Maggie couldn't help but to roll her eyes at the monkey.

Spoiler: Briar's mystery bag
$20,939
14x super balls
5x hyper Potions
3x Full Heals
6x sitrus berry
7x water bottles
4x repels
Rotom phone
a bottle of whiskey
x2 mystery flasks
x6 shot glasses

| Korutesu |

Nico Zacharias Flynn

"Okay! Let's go and sign up then!" He walked over to the booth beside them, and got prepared to register for the tournament. The tournament was first come first serve for the first thirty-two people to join, so if they wanted to join, they needed to do it fast. "Hello! Are you here to register for the tournament?" The man at the registry asked them, and Nico nodded in agreement. The man then gave him a piece of paper where they were to write their names, and he wrote his name, and Kurashiki's name.

"Okay! We're signed up, Kura!," He told her, until he remembered Monty, Esther and Azumi. "Oh yeah! I've also got some friends coming to participate too! I'll introduce them to you once we see them!" Nico said to Kurashiki, so that he could introduce her to them.

Reginald Valerias​

Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus, Frillish, White-Striped Basculin

Getting his high five returned, Reggie beamed, his Haunter now relaxing but still anxious about Reggie's health and he hovered beside him, as well as his Munna, who was absolutely fretting the entire time he had passed out and only realized he was awake when she took a moment to not cry and look at Reggie. Elvira the Munna hovered right into his chest, and Reggie held her and petted her soft, short fur. "Awww, poor girl. Yeah, I'm alright."

Hearing Adrianne's worry had him chuckling. "Yup, I won't do that next time. Well... I'll try not to." He chuckled sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. "Aster, huh? You rearrange the letters and you get e-star." He smiled, feeling smart. A smartass, probably. Wait... He had two. "Now I gotta figure out names for mine." He chuckled, scratching the back of his head. "I also gotta figure out why this Basculin is different..."

He looked back at Briar and hummed, patting his chin with his forefinger while his other arm cradled his Munna. "Well, I gotta figure out what these Pokemon are capable of, and nothing works better than going into a Pokemon battle!" He announced with a thumbs up and a cheeky grin, getting fired up. However, he felt dizzy and he held his head, panting. "Um... After I uh... Rest... Yes..." He chuckled tiredly, sighing. "But I gotta get their respect, so I gotta work on that first." He talked to himself, then went to his phone after fishing it out of his jacket pocket. "What... Is... a... white... Basculin..." He sounded as he typed out. The information he got was rather minimal and he sighed.

"Damn, gotta figure it out the hard way. Alrighty, I'll work on that later." He shook his head, looking at the others. "Well, where should we release our Pokemon to check them out? Go back to the beach? Heal them up at the Pokemon Center? I vote for the latter, and then going back to the beach to relax and have fun and stuff." He suggested, looking to Adrianne as it was her journey he had joined her on.

Nakano Saito​

Naka found it interesting that he recognized their letter for K. Huh, interesting. "And no other symbols from the Unovan lexicon? Weird..." She hummed, then took out her phone - which had a lack of a personal ghostly assistant - to take a picture of the symbols he used. Considering symbols and patterns were things Naka easily memorized, it would only take her a few days to remember fully and be able to write in his symbols. Made easier that they had a nearly identical language structure - at least when it came for Unovan. Taking the notebook that he scooted back to her, she opened to a different page, and created a huge box, then made nineteen columns and nineteen rows, then wrote down the types in his alphabet, and provided a translation of said language in her alphabet. She made a key of symbols, with double circle being super-effective, blank being neutral, a triangle being not very effective, and an x meaning immune. She pulled out colored pens and began going over the symbols. The triangle was green, the double circle red, and the x became a dark grey.

While she was doing this - and flipping over to the other page to get his symbols down in a translation (writing them was weird), she answered anything he had for her. Hearing how Theo was getting into his career at an early stage had her smiling. "Fossils, huh? That's cool. I'll tell you something cool about fossils in this world." She flashed him an excited smile, now bouncing in her seat. Hearing his order, the lady understood and whipped him up his order. While she was doing that, Naka listened and began answering his questions, letting him finish first (and making notes of what he was asking on the same sheet of paper as the type chart so she didn't forget) before finally going over everything.

"Okay, yes. We are on an island off the main land. The region you're in is Johto. It encompasses the sea, the mainland, and these islands. The archipelago you washed up on is the Whirl Archipelago. The specific island you're on is called Red Rock Isle due to the red rock formations you'll see around here. The city we're in is called Scarlet City. There are deserted islands. Most of us take our land preservation seriously because Pokemon need them to survive. Most of us tend to see ourselves as outsiders in their world, due to how in tune they are with nature. If something goes wrong with the ecosystem they are in, they start getting agitated, and docile Pokemon who are normally curious about humans can either run or attack at the slightest sound, and Pokemon have gathered together in huge bands to protect their homes from us or heal their ecosystem, so they can go back to living comfortably. It's almost as if these Pokemon are like... Cells within the earth's body, if that makes sense. So, not everything has been colonized, but we do find islands and regions will say they are under their territory and therefore protection."

She then chuckled, shaking her head. "How are your creatures distributed back at your home? Just because one forest has a creature doesn't mean you'll see that same creature in another forest. Maybe a variant, yes, but it depends. But Pokemon are literally everywhere. No matter where you go, you'll find one, with rarer Pokemon only being found in certain places as they don't like expanding for whatever reason. Likely due to their smaller number."

Theo was given his food by the waitress.

"As for trainers, they can start at any time - given they are ten - and from anywhere. Though, traditionally, you go to the region's reigning professor to get starting equipment, a Pokedex app or a physical Pokedex to aid in identifying Pokemon, and a starter Pokemon. The professors usually post something about how they have some starter Pokemon for people to get when they start their journeys, and they always have a set of Pokemon to choose from right when the Pokemon League starts in their region. For Johto, the Silver Conference of their Pokemon League starts in February and ends in October. During that time, trainers can start at any time to gather eight gym badges from this region, then compete in the league battles in October. If you miss out, better wait till next year. In the region next to us, Kanto, they start on January and end in September for their Red Conference. Because the two region share a league, there's a third conference called the All-Indigo Conference, where you have to gather all sixteen badges and then you can compete. It's all year-round, so the Conference's league battles happen in December." She then paused in her explanations, making sure her words stuck as she had been talking a bit more measured now to preserve her poor throat and to allow him time to absorb it between each sentence. "As for traveling, there's a reason why we have these Pokemon journeys. It's not for fame or glory, but to help these kids find themselves in this world, and make something of themselves with their Pokemon alongside them. Some people know what they want to be, and they go through schooling - like me - to get there. Otherwise, they take the minimum amount of schooling as kids, then go off on a journey to learn everything the hard way. I like to think we have more mature kids once they hit fifteen because of this, even though they still act like kids."

"As for getting their Pokemon, they get help, get one on their own, get one from their family, from an organization, or - like I said - go to a professor for a starter. Starter Pokemon are just dubbed that because they're the iconic trio you get from the professor for beginning trainers. Grass, Fire, or Water of rare Pokemon bred for compliance." She pulled out a slip that looked like a bookmark. She slid it to him and went silent to allow him to look over it. With each region name, there was the face of the professor and the iconic trio for each region, each Pokemon being green for grass (or close to it), red for fire, and blue or white for water.

Then, she resumed. "You can get a starter, even if you have a Pokemon, but usually they're for people who are literally just starting in their journey like yourself. I can call the Professor for the Johto region and ask if he can ship a starter Pokemon for you if you want, if you have your bearings enough to take care of more than one." She chuckled in her tease. "I got my first Pokemon from my father. She has yet to evolve, as she prefers being a baby mouse. In my time, I have captured three starter Pokemon. One was given to me by the professor I worked with because he kept running away from his trainers, gets sent back because he was being a nuisance, and then kept trying to break out of the lab I worked in. So, I went on a journey with him." She smiled, sighing. "The second one was when I started my journey somewhere else, and I wanted to help the professor there for his research and get better as a trainer, so I asked if I could have a starter Pokemon, and he gave me one. The third one I caught somewhere in some muddy area. Poor little guy got lost from the nature preserve he lived in and I couldn't find it, so I ended up keeping him."

His other question had her tilting her head, humming contemplatively. "That's a good question. Probably for as long as history can be dated back. Back then, we called them Magical Monsters. Now, we call them Pokemon, short for Pocket Monsters. These Pokemon wanted to be our partners and help us, as they seemed empathic to our struggles. It's been like this for hundreds upon hundreds of years, but understanding of these Pokemon have only been a recent thing these past few hundred years. Back then, people were terrified of them because we didn't understand them, but now that we do, they're not as bad. As for the first Pokeball, they were rare a few thousand years ago, but they existed. Here." She went to a picture reel on her phone and showed a picture of three different kinds of old Pokeballs. One looked similar to what they had now but with a tan, wooden bottom and there were more ornamental Pokeballs. She slid her phone to him for him to see. She waited until he was done eating and absorbing the information. She then erased the questions she lightly wrote in the notebook that he asked, so as to not distract from the actual piece she was making on the page.

"As for fossils..." She paused with a grin. "I have a living fossil." She smugly grinned. "There are fossils you can find in the earth. Upon digging them up, if they have the DNA of an ancient Pokemon, you can get them revived with our technology. Once revived, they become a living fossil." Since Naka had been distracted with answering his questions, she began to write down these symbols in the chart she made, having memorized this thing for years. On the left side, she wrote down "Offending Type" in his alphabet, and the top had "Defending Type" in his alphabet. Even more in his alphabet, she wrote down "Type Chart" in big letters above the box.

Once she was done, she slid the notebook back to him. "Those pencils, pens, erasers, and that notebook are yours by the way."

Milo​

Battling: Wilford Pine and Monferno (sSoul) vs Eldegoss

Having seen the Thwackey get taken out by their Max Strike, Milo knew his time was up, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to go down without a fight. He watched the Monferno get bigger, and chuckled at Wilford's awe at its growing size. With a grin, he pointed towards the Monferno as Wilford was still talking. "Sorry for interruptin' ya. Max Strike."

The Eldegoss made her attack, the land under Monferno cracking before exploding with white light. However, whether Monferno put up Max Guard in time would be soon founded. However, upon using the last remaining energy, the clouds disappeared from above Eldegoss, and the Grass-Type shrunk back down to her normal size.

"Protect." Hoping to keep herself from fainting from the next attack Monferno did, she waited until there was an attack, then a shield formed around her. Of course, it wouldn't protect her from a Max Move, but it will protect her from a good brunt of the energy.

Adrianne seemed to beam a bit when Briar suggester Aster was a good name, now if the Staryu approved of it then they'd be in business but she'd have to wait to get it healed up at the Pokemon Center first. Speaking of, Briar asked what the plan now had been that Adrianne caught her mon as she tapped her chin in thought.

"Well, depends if you and Reggie got what you wanted out here. I was gonna request we head back to shore once you guys had your fill so I can heal up Aster and get it aquatinted with the party. From there, try to find some other locals to battle as I am kinda the new girl here so I want to try and get as much experience as I can before advancing on to the Orange Crew on another island." Adrianne mused honestly. Reggie himself seemed to vote on the got to the Pokemon Center idea as he wanted to relax on the beach after, which was a plan she seemed to get behind.

"Sounds good to me, unless you wanted to find something out here." Adrianne said to Briar as she wanted to heal up Aster as she chuckled a bit at Reggie's comment on the name. That much as Briar's assurance seemed to convince her the name was good. She saw Reggie's Pokemon also show concern for their partner's well being which had been nice to see.

~Aldon...~
~Skol the god, Bran the bronzor,
Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~
~Yellow Island, July 19th...~

~Pokécenter...~

Aldon turned and smiled at Desmond.

"Exactly how it sounds, big fella! Waking up at the crack of dawn. Sleeping Beauty thought she'd sleep in, I guess, eh Don't worry! Its gonna be great!" Aldon said reaching to pat him on the shoulder.

~Motel, the future...~

Aldon laid in his sleeping bag in the corner, staring up at the ceiling. There would be limited beds since it was a single motel room, so he decided to let someone else enjoy one of the beds. Slol sat in the recliner chair. Eyes that could see into your soul, and probably steal it if your not careful enough. Ever so non-blinkingly watching. Silent. Almost as if waiting for something. Though Its possible Skol may very well be sleeping with his eyes open, merely giving the illusion of watching.

~Briar Hightower...~
Tangelo Island, June 2nd...~
~Reactions: Adrianne and Reggie...~

Briar nodded at Reggie as he mentioned training to figure out what her pokémon were capable of. He also admitted to not knowing about a white basculin. Briar shrugged. She thought about a red white and blue striped basculin for a moment.

"Beats me. Probably good eating, I guess... Not that I'd suggest that, mind you!" Briar said before thinking of an excuse to change the subject. She turned to look at Adrianne.

"Yeah, that! Sounds good. Nobody wants their pokémon hurt or anything. You heard her Maggie! To the shore!" Briar added.

Last edited:
Lara Brook - 16th of June - North Lake Miloch, Wild Area, Galar
"I can see that," Lara replied with a small chuckle as she looked at Nicole before focusing again on her own work. She knew this was work, but now she felt like she was especially enjoying it. Taking pictures and talking to someone as nice and knowledgeable as the Birdkeeper. Then looking through the lens of her camera she saw an Altaria bathing and singing in the lake, "Oh! Look Nicole! An Altaria-" Lara said in a hushed but excited tone, but was completely unaware of the little yellow bundle of fluffy feathers that just landed on her head akin to a hat.

Gwen Tucker - 19th of June - Snowbound Lodge Route 216, Sinnoh
Gwen looked up and it was the same old man, or at least old in her eyes who was at the reception, "Ah- thanks.." she said and accepted the help and got up, "How do you know she's hungry?" she then asked, but there was no doubt about it as Akira's sister went to get some truffles for the pig pokemon who let out eager grunts before scarfing down the food in the bowl as fast as possible. Cobalt looked at the Swinub in slight disgust, mostly because he thought the ice-ground pokemon had bad tableside manners. Ozzy meanwhile looked up to Hina trying to get a treat of sorts for himself as well.

"Oh you're also a trainer?" Gwen asked, looking up at Akira with a clear spark igniting in her eyes, "Did you get a lot of badges? What pokemon do you have?-" she asked, and would had asked more if she didn't get interrupted by her own stomach growling at her, "Okay I am a bit hungry I guess-"

Gwen Tucker - July 18th - Goldenrod City, Johto
Gwen sat beside Ron with her head hung low. Somehow, despite being in a different region and all, her loss in Canalave still stung. She was excited at the start of the day when they got to Johto, but winding down like this just made mind wander back to her defeat. She wordlessly lifted her gaze up at the bartender who addressed her and Ron, but looked like the punk man handled the situation.

"Thanks," the girl mumbled to the bartender before taking a sip from her orange juice and then looked at Ron who suggested they should order something before taking up the subject of defeat, "Yeah.." she replied and slumped over the table, leaning on her hand and sighed.

"Have you ever lost like that?" Gwen then asked and turned her gaze to look at Ron as she waited for him to reply. He was such a strong trainer, surely he couldn't have lost any big battles with such a strong team, right?

Akira​

Pokemon Team: Mamoswine, Bastiodon, Chandelure

Akira smiled as he helped her up, nodding at her thanks. "Aye, you're welcome. Swinub search when they're hungry. They also have really good noses, so the kitchen will be the first place they go because there's food." He explained, chuckling as he watched the adorable Swinub eat. "Gosh, it's so kyoot." She mused, chuckling a little.

"You just wish your Mamoswine was that small." Her sister piped up after Gwen asked her questions, chuckling. "He doesn't eat as adorably anymore." She grabbed a bowl of berries for Ozzy, as well, setting it down in front of the Irate Pokemon. She then got another bowl of berries for the Piplup, walking over and setting it down next to him before walking away.

"Hey-hey now, he's in the lobby. Careful." He pouted at his sister, who giggled and walked away. He looked down at Gwen with a smile. "Yup. Name's Akira, that's my sister, Hina. I used to travel 'round a lot back when I was younger."

"You're only 33, don't make me feel any old, too." Hina piped up and pouted, making Akira laugh. Hearing Gwen was hungry, Hina pointed up at the menu. "Let me know what you want and I'll make it for you."

"And while we wait, I'll show ya my badges. And I'll show ya my starter. Your Swinub will become my monster of a swine someday." He walked back to the lobby once Gwen made her order, and he pulled out two cases from under his counter. One case had all of his Sinnoh badges. The other case had all of the fire badges. "Here's my Sinnoh badge case, and my Fire badge case. I made it a goal between my Mamoswine and I to defeat all the Fire-Type gym leaders we could to show that a little ember doesn't scare us." The Fire badge case had normal Fire-Type badges speckled with a few Fire-Type Prestige badges that glittered in the light.

In the corner of the lobby, there was movement underneath a dark cover that laid over something huge. Then, it turned, and the cloak shifted to show the hulking, chunky beast of a Mamoswine. Scars littered his tusks, there were even scars on the white bony area around his eyes. The Mamoswine was taller than most Mamoswine, being about ten feet tall, and laying down didn't make his size any less imposing. Once Gwen got an eyeful of the badges, Akira put them away, then walked over to pat the Mamoswine on the side, and the swine closed his eyes. "Yup, Mamoswine has been my partner ever since I was ten. You can pet him on the side or tusks if ya want, but his hairs aren't exactly soft, haha-oof!" The Mamoswine snorted and leaned into him to push him, making the man give a belly laugh. The Mamoswine's hair was wiry and scruffy, but not unpleasant to pet. His body was a confusing mixture of heat radiating from the flesh under the hair, while the hairs themselves were cold to the touch. His tusks were smooth and chilly with a few rough spots from the scars.

Ezio Farello - 15th of June - Solaceon Town, Sinnoh

"Woah there!" Ezio said, surprised at the sudden Aerodactyl who was....affectionate, surprisingly enough. "It's okay, I'm used to Aerodactyls." He tried to console their owner before facing them. "That would be me, yes." The Ruin Maniac said with a smile as someone recognized him for his scientific work, a rarity. "Nice to meet you, Ms. Saito. So you're the woman that I've heard Professor Rowan talk so much about." The man said, waving back at the Pichu before looking at the Aerodactyl. "And this must be your Aerodactyl, no? Always fun to see the difference in personalities between Pokémon of the same species."

"Not at all, go ahead. Take a seat, it's bound to be more comfortable." Ezio said, gesturing at a free seat at his table. It would appear that he was not the only one interested in those ruins.

Nicole Newman - 16th of June - North Lake Miloch, Wild Area, Galar

"Altaria sometimes join flocks as protectors." Nicole said, filming the Altaria who was bathing. "They defend the Swablu from any potential predators with their fierce attacks." As she looked at Lara, she smiled and filmed her instead. "You have a new hat." She quipped, referring to the Swablu on her head. Odd, this one was yellow instead of blue, why was that?

Nakano Saito​

Date: June 15 (26yo); 1 Month prior
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Tochi the Parasect, Fluffy the Flareon, Aero the Aerodactyl, Yuki the Froslass, Hattie the Hatterene

Interactions: Ezio Farello (DarkHydraT)

Aero smelled something funny on him. Like ruin dust. Honestly, the guy smelled like an ancient home, and while Aero didn't remember anything of his life before the revivification process, he couldn't stop the want to be a lap dog. He whined and looked up at Naka for permission, but she merely tapped his head and shook her head. Despite the man saying he's used to Aerodactyls, she didn't want the poor man to get squished by the smothering, affectionate nature of her dinosaur.

Upon hearing that he had heard of her, her eyes widened. She was about to sit down, and his reminder to take a seat had her remembering to do so, but she was still amazed. "W-w-w-wait, no way, you've heard of me??" She looked at him excitedly, eyes sparkling. The fact that Professor Rowan talked about her to Mr. Farello, who she had even got inspired by to do better in her work, was like a dream. This couldn't be real.

She sat down, realizing that Ezio had an Aerodactyl with his choice of words. Aero, hearing this, cooed and sat patiently beside Naka, staring at Ezio with a blank face, tail wagging. Naka chuckled, petting the dorsal spine of her Aerodactyl. "I think he's wanting to see your Aerodactyl. Or sit in your lap. Ruins are his favorite places to be and you smell like them. I think it reminds him of home." Aero cooed fondly in agreement.

Shaking her head to regain herself and bring her back to what she came here for, she took a pause, her body completely still for a few seconds as if someone paused her. Then she continued, pulling out a notebook that definitely looked well used as the edges were fraying and curling. Opening it up, she had a page dedicated to the rumors and evidence she had about the ruins. She gave it to him, making sure not to knock over any of his pages. "So, I have been going around ever since I heard the ruins wailing, and got as many testimonies I can. But since I've been rather nosy, most of the locals here think I'm going to get rid of it, heh." She scratched the back of her head, a nervous smile creeping up. "But uh... While I can go into ruins alone, hearing something wail at me from the depths is a little spooky, so I would like company. If you got the time and wouldn't mind going spelunking with me for a bit. I know you're quite busy." Was that bold to ask? Probably, but Ezio seemed to regard her highly, and she regarded him highly, so it was only natural.

Ron chuckled and shook my head. "I got my ass handed to me so many times. I beat Bugsy on my third try, even though I had Furia and a Spearow. Whitney? I can't count how many times she rolled me over. This doesn't include the many times trainers took my money from beating us up. Even when I started finding Team Rocket hideouts, they used me as a punching bag." He drank from his cold beer, letting the mug down with a loud thud.

"Losing is part of it. It sucks, it hurts and sometimes you want to quit." He shook his head softly, "But would that really be fair to your team after they gave it their all for you?" He sighed and groaned. "God I sound like my father. Come on Gwen, let's go tour the city, there's some neat places." Ron placed the cash to pay for the drinks on the bar, chugged his beer and got up. "National Park is pretty fun at night."

Once Gwen was ready, they started making their way through the illuminated city. Despite the sun beginning to set, people were buzzing about. For some their day was ending while for others it was just starting. Night clubs, bars and other entertainment business began lighting up their neon signs and lights to attract people. Even street performers with their Pokemon, most popular the jugglers with their Voltorb and the fire breathers with their Magmar trying to impress the crowd around them and earn some coins while doing so. But, as the two approached the edge of the city, the path that led to National Park, things began to quiet down.

It was a big change once you stepped outside the city, stars began to become visible, Pokemon cries could be heard the forest around them and people had a more relaxed aura about them. There was even some friendly battles going on amongst young trainers and some people training for the PokeAthlon. There were even freshly bloomed Apricorns on some of the nearby trees and bug Pokemon feeding on the sap. It took them a good whole hour to get to National Park, arriving there when night had settled in, but the place seemed illuminated enough to hide the fact it was dark all around it.

"Here we are." Ron said, not too amused, despite the beauty of the precious Johto treasure. "Don't get to excited and run off on your own, it's pretty big. There are plenty of trainers here to train with, just watch out for the edges, bug Pokemon tend to come out to battle reckless trainers."

Theo Hightower
Thursday, July 20th
Red Rock Isle, Johto

That's what he thought! Yes. Just the one K. He watched curiously as she flipped the page in the notebook and began to draw a diagram, switching between it and the picture on her phone of his alphabet. She was...she was making a chart he could read. He couldn't think of too many he had grown up around that would have done that for just anyone. Thinking on it, he wasn't even sure he would have done it for someone else. His parents maybe. The occasional aid here and there. And yet here she was, writing out a perfectly legible with all the types of pokemon found in the world and their advantages, disadvantages, and immunities. He counted the areas out on his fingers as she spoke, muttering them to himself. “Johto. Whirl Archipelago. Red Rock Isle. Scarlet City. Got it” he nodded, looking to her again and considering when she said that the pokemon in the wild were like cells of the Earth's body. That made sense, given the rest of her explanation. “Yeah I...realized it was stupid question as soon as I asked it but it was asked by then.”

Finally. Food! He began to dig in, Shinx jumping up on the bar. Theo moved instinctively at first to shoo the Shinx away, then realized what he was about to do and instead offered the Shinx a piece of bacon he had broken in half, the Shinx yipping with glee and munching happily on the crispy food. The act had been an experiment on Theo's part, wondering if pokemon could eat human foods and was pleasantly surprised that Shinx not only was able to, but seemed to be enjoying it. That should make keeping their food stocks easier to keep track of if it was cheaper to feed pokemon human food rather than pokemon food. So anyone aged 10 and over could get one of these “starter” pokemon from the smartest person in a given Region, which he assumed meant each continent. That was promising. Smart people being involved in the distribution of anything was a step up from the world he came from, where it seemed stupid people were the ones in charge. “And when trainers travel, how do they do that? Car? Bike? Train? Surely they don't walk everywhere.” Cities could be dozens, if not hundreds of miles apart. No one could be expected to walk the entirety of a Region and collect badges in an 8 month time frame. It just didn't seem possible.

He took the offered bookmark and looked at the lineup of professors, some young and some old. The farther down the list he got the more eccentric the professors got, Theo wondering if the last woman (Sada) was a professor at all. She looked more like a wild woman wearing a lab coat than an actual professor. “Y..yeah. Johto professor. Johto” he mumbled, the bartender clearing their throat to get Theo's attention, followed by ringing the bell that signaled food was ready twice. Theo looked down then back up, realizing what was happening. “Yeah...Ok. Johto. Yeah. Is that an...alligator? It looks like an alligator. I'll have one blue alligator, if you would. I...I like alligators and crocodiles. They haven't evolved much over the past few millennia, so in my opinion they give us a glance in to what the world used to be like.” So the chance to meet an alligator up close and personal, one that potentially wouldn't try to immediately bite his hand or face off, sounded like a great opportunity.

Of course, that opportunity was quickly outshown and overshadowed when she told him what every archaeologist wanted to hear. She had a living fossil. She could likely almost see the stars in his eyes. “An actual, living pokemon from...like, a dinosaur pokemon? Those exist? Or...I guess existed? And can again? I..you....Is it a t-rex? I mastodon? I've always dreamed of riding atop an Alamosaurus. I mean I don't know if you have them here, but there's a....6 or so movie franchise on why bringing dinosaurs back to life is a bad idea, but at the same time...” If its already been done, there was nothing he could do about that. We're sorry, but your Theo.exe has stopped working. Would you like to reboot and try again???

Reginald Valerias​

Location: Tangelo Island Beach -> Pokemon Center, Orange Archipelago
Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus, Jones the Frillish, White-Striped Basculin

Considering the Frillish nearly killed him by drowning him, Reggie thought of a good nickname for him. But until he figured more about the Basculin, he won't be giving him a nickname. He held the Frillish's ball in the air, a stupid grin on his face. "I shall call you Jones! For nearly killing me!" He sounded so triumphant it was almost comical. The ball did nothing, but sit in his enclosed hand.

Hearing that Adrianne's plan aligned with his, he nodded with a happy grin. "Sure thing. I gotta get some information on this Basculin and heal 'em up, then I gotta... Earn Jones's respect. That's... Gonna take a minute." He chuckled, scratching the back of his head. "I'll attempt that before we get anywhere near water again. I'd rather not get a second attempted drowning today. Or for the foreseeable future." He then waited until Maggie made it to shore, where he put his vest and collapsible fishing rod in his backpack, slung it over his shoulder, and hopped off Maggie.

He frowned.

"Hm... Not sure if eating a Basculin's a good idea." He mused, then shrugged and walked towards the Tangelo Island's city's Pokemon Center, where he healed up his Basculin and his other Pokemon. He then went to look at his phone again, trying to find anything about White-Striped Basculin. He had apparently been using the wrong search engine and spelled Striped as 'Stirped'. He didn't know how he did that. He must've been tired.

He eventually did find it, but it was on a research article about a Basculin farm off the shores of Sinnoh, where they had White-Striped Basculin, which were presumably more gentle than the Red or Blue forms. So... Why was this one so aggressive? Had he ran away and became as aggressive as the Red and Blue ones to help he survive? Was he the ringleader of the two groups to keep them from fighting, and he had to be aggressive in order to fight them off?

Apparently, it was from an ancient line of Basculin and it had an evolution. A... Water/Ghost-Type evolution?

How was he so lucky???

He wondered what other fascinating old Pokemon Sinnoh had that were still around. He was in the midst of his study on how to evolve it when he felt a tap on his shoulder. "Hang on please." Another tap. He looked up and saw a young boy before him. He couldn't have been older than thirteen. Dull look on his face as he also seemed rather tired or maybe bored, with untidy black hair, dark eyes, and he wore mostly black. "That seems a bit hot for the weather. What's up?"

The boy held up his phone, which told him of a nearby WCS challenger. That was when Reggie pulled out his phone and he had been alerted of this several times, but he was too busy reading. "OH! Sure thing. Let's go!"

He ran to a pond that they were going to use as a battlefield. The boy spoke, his voice just as dull and monotonous as his expression. "I need to make sure I'm ready to beat that lady in the next island..."

"YO, same! I just caught these two Water-Types, so they'll be the only ones I'll use!"

The boy just stared at the pumped up man with a glimmer of amusement on his otherwise neutral expression before standing on the other side of the pond. "'kay."

Now, it was time for a battle! And Reggie couldn't wait!

Nakano Saito​

"No question is a stupid question, especially if you're new here. You may never know what physics we may have that are different from yours." She said in response to him saying it was probably a stupid question. She watched for a moment as the Shinx jumped up on the counter and smiled as Theo shared his food with the Shinx. "Oh, and most Pokemon are omnivorous. They can have just about anything, but have their preferences. I give one of my Pokemon chocolate treats." She grinned, now remembering that Pokepuffs exist and she should probably make more.

At the question for travel, Naka nodded. "Anything they can use, though our regions are normally pretty small except for a few. Like, from this island to the city in the east, it will take about a day of water travel. The next city after some rolling hills will take about a couple days of travel, and that's by walking. If you want a bike though, I'll be heading back to Olivine City after this Whirl Cup tournament. I can hook you up with a bike." She smiled. "One region has a train, and there is a flying service in most regions, you just have to find their office or call them. We call them Flying Taxis. We also have cars and boats and whatnot. But yeah, from just walking, I've traveled from one side of Johto to the other end in... About four months?" She thought, then nodded. "Yeah, sounds about right."

Hearing he wanted a Totodile, she smiled. "I can call Professor Elm to set you up for the Totodile. It's a Water-Type, and evolves into a cool of a gator."

Now... Dinosaurs. She had no idea what those names were, but she laughed. "Here." She opened up her phone and found a list of discovered fossil Pokemon with pictures and names. She scooted it over to him, and pointed to each one, her pace measured so the poor young man can absorb the information through his shock. "We got these two that come from the Helix Fossil, called Omanyte and it's evolution Omastar. Then from the Dome Fossil, we got Kabuto and its evolution Kabutops. From the Old Amber, we have Aerodactyl. The Root Fossils have Lileep and its evolution Cradily. Claw Fossils have Anorith and Armaldo. Armor Fossils have Shieldon and Bastiodon. Skull Fossils have Cranidos and Rampardos. Plume Fossils have Archen and Archeops. Cover Fossils have Tirtouga and Carracosta. Jaw Fossils have Tyrunt and Tyrantrum. Sail Fossils have Amaura and Aurorus. Then we have these four abominations because some bitch thought it was a good idea to combine them." Her cheery tone became sour and she sighed. "Anyway, there's Arctozolt from the combined revival of Bird and Dino. Then, there's Arctovish from both Dino and Fish. Dracovish from Drake and Fish. And then Dracozolt from Bird and Drake. I have a problem with the fact that they're a thing now because their very existence is painful for them to live through without being given a handicap to help them."

She then scooted over the notebook. "That's yours, and there's your type chart. Hopefully it's legible." She beamed, glad she could help. "Now, I do want to show you my Pokemon, but probably one at a time. I know I've said a lot today, and I don't want your brain to explode with all this information." She laughed, then scratched the back of her head. She then went to scratch the top of Shinx's head and gave him a piece of ham from her Grumpig in a Blanket she forgot to eat.

"Hm... That movie... The premise sounds familiar. Did it have something to do with a zoo of the creatures that then escaped and caused terror? I think we had something like it. Called Fossil Park." She smiled, hoping he had something similar.

Theo Hightower
Thursday, July 20th
Red Rock Isle, Johto

They...they really walked everywhere here? At least from city to city? Theo couldn't help but to glance down at her legs to see if they were the size of tree trunks before back up to her, a slight embarrassed look coming to his face. “I um...I never learned to ride a bike. We traveled a lot because of work, and were always pretty busy. It wasn't practical to keep a bike with us. I can swim, there were some ruins we had to deep sea dive to access, and I can...well, I can read.” When he said it out loud like that it made him feel pretty uninspiring. Unimportant. Unable. Coupled with the fact that he couldn't currently read or write the languages of this world, he looked pretty pathetic.

He accepted the phone when offered and began to scroll, stopping on each one so she could explain what it was called and what pokemon could be revived from them. He figured it was his turn to info dump on her, and so after each explanation was given he'd give his own from the world he came from. Helix Fossil “Ammonite. Looked more like snails, but are the ancestors of octopi and squid. They lived abetween 419 to 145 million years ago.” Dome Fossil “It...looks like a trilobite. Antrhopods that lived around 521 million years ago.” Old Amber “We have amber. It usually has a mosquito trapped in it, or other small insect. Your Arrowdactyl looks like it could be a cousin to the rhamporhynchids, which lived about 163 million years ago.” Root Fossil “It looks like a cross between a crinoid and a sea anemone. Both of which are still very much alive, but there's also fossils of crinoids that are constantly being discovered, which shows they haven't changed much.” Claw Fossil “Anomalocaris....and a Tribulite had a baby.” Skull Fossil “Pachycephalosaurus. Lived between 145 and 66 million years ago.” Armor Fossil “If it had horns it would be a Triceratops. But without them it looks more like a cousin to the Protoceratops. 100 million years ago.” Cover Fossil “Oooh interesting. A Protostega, thought to have lived 83 million years ago. Second largest known turtle species.” Plume Fossil “Looks like it might be...a...hmm....I don't think we had anything like this. Nothing I can immediately think of.” Jaw Fossil. He could be heard gasping with excitement. “It's a baby t-rex! Aww look at his lil big ol head. I have a big head, and lil arms!” he drew his arms up to himself and waved them to imitate the Tyrunt, looking to Naka to see if she got his reference. Then he realized what he was doing and stopped, he coughed a fake cough and uttered a small apology, though he was still grinning. There was an actual t-rex pokemon, and he was going to make it his life's mission to find one and pet it! “T-rex, tyrannosaurus rex, are the most recognizable dinosaurs on my world. 67 million years old. They ate...basically whatever got in their way.” If this was the baby, he wondered what it transformed...I mean evolved in to. A fully blown t-rex maybe? One can only dream! Sail Fossil “I almost would have said this was the Alamosaurus, but it's too small. When it evolves and no doubt gets bigger it might fit the bill.” And that was all of the fossils.

He nodded when she said the notebook was his, stating “Perfectly legible. I mean, for your first time and all.” a joke! Who said he didn't have jokes. “Yeah, lets put a pin in that. I think I can feel the steam coming off my head with everything you've told me so far.” The Shinx happily ate the ham it was offered, leaning in to the head scratches. He quickly finished the rest of his food and sat back for a moment, letting that sit while he thought. “Thanks again, ya know, for everything. The info, the letter of introduction, th food, th notebook, everything. I don't know how I'll do it, but I'll pay you back somehow.” There was still so much to see and do! He nodded when she described the movie plot to him “More or less, yeah. Only ours is called Jurassic Park...and then the sequel Jurassic World. If that movie taught us anything, it's that nature finds a way.” That was probably his favorite quote from the movie. “So. Whats the next course of action? Poekmon center to get my registration filled out, or essentials shopping? You're the expert here, so I'll follow your lead.”

Nakano Saito​

While Naka's legs weren't tree trunk size, she had some rather strong calves and thick thighs for that endeavor. Then again, she did occasionally did nature parkour, which only had her legs even more muscular. She saw the look on his face, and couldn't help but giggle. "Well, better start learning how to bike now." She grinned, ignoring the rest of what he said as she didn't want to comment on any of that and make him potentially feel worse.

But when it was his turn to info dump, she listened intently. "Whooaaaa..." She sighed amidst his recollection. She laughed at his Anorith comparison, unsure of what he was talking about, but she imagined it was some creature amalgamation if they had it in his own world. She giggled upon his reaction to the Tyrunt, nodding. She laughed again at his joke about her handwriting, shaking her head. "Hey now, I got no doctor's handwriting." She grinned, eating the rest of her food now by politely scarfing it down. As he went through his thanks, she nodded. "You're welcome. No need to pay me back. Would be mean of me to expect something from someone who literally just dropped here." She said in a joking manner, but they both know that how he got here was no joke.

Jurassic Park... Huh... She was about to ask if they had similar artists and songs when he asked what to do next. "Oh, essentials shopping first. We gotta get you your stuff and thankfully my job gives me a sort of discount on stuff like this just in case a professor needs to start someone on their journey. Come on." She excitedly said, making sure they had everything and then running out of the cafe. She waited for him, then walked the rest of the way to the shop. There was a separate shop, and she needed to get him a wallet, a backpack, a phone with a Rotom, survival equipment, and some essentials for a first time journey.

"Alrighty, so, we need to get your ID situation figured out, but first let's buy you some clothes, a wallet, and backpack. Then we go to that phone shop over there to get you a Rotom phone. Then, we go to the survival shop and get you survival equipment like a compass, a canteen or thermis or water bottle, sunscreen if you burn, first aid kit, mess kit, sleeping bag and blanket, and the like. Then we get you some non-perishable foods, then we get you your Pokemon equipment. Then, your ID, which can be done in the Pokemon Center. Shouldn't take too long to get yourself registered. They're going to ask you if you want to start on a gym challenge in Johto and if you want to do the World Coronation Series, which is a competitive league thing where you must earn points by winning battles against other WCS participants. It's a good way of gaining money, too. When we get to the Pokemon Center, I'll bring out three of my Water-Types for you to look at and get used to, okay? Then, I'll show you how to train Pokemon, and since two of them I just caught yesterday, it's going to be a learning experience for you and the Pokemon." She beamed, absolutely ready to set him on his path.

Adrianne smiled as the group moved back to shore, seemed Reggie had come up with a name for his catch which caused her to chuckle a bit as least he seemed to find humor in the situation. Either way they rode the mighty Tentacruel back to shore as Adrianne hopped off and patted their ride affectionally. "Thanks, I appreciate the ride." Adrianne said in gratitude.

Seemed that Reggie had his own plan which mirrored her own to a degree, as she made her way over to the Pokemon Center that was close by the beach here. Once Reggie and another trainer some girl with pigtails had their turn she moved to the counter and presented her full party of Pokeballs. Which had only been 3 but uh hey...everyone had to start somewhere right?

"Hello Nurse, my Pokemon could use a little check up." Adrianne said to the Nurse, who suspicious looked exactly like the Nurse of the previous island and her nametag also said "Joy" which caused her to sweat drop. Perhaps it had been just a coincidence or something?

"Oh of course. Just relax for a minute I'll return with them shortly." Nurse Joy smiled as a Chansey took the Pokeballs to the back and Adrianne walked over to take a seat. She seemed to already wonder how to get the ball rolling far as the introductions to the new companion. Staryu and its line had been a bit more...hard to read compared to other Pokemon so she only hoped she'd be able to get a read on it all the same.

Soon enough Nurse Joy returned and set the trio of Pokeballs on the counter. "Alright they are all refreshed and should be good to go. I wish you a lovely stay." Nurse Joy said with a smile.

"Thanks Nurse~!" Adrianne smiled taking the Pokeballs as she decided to do this the only way she knew how: First she released Aqua and Ace as the Azurill and Spearow respectively looked on before she held up a Pokeball.

"Alright guys, got a new member to the team so try to give it a warm welcome." Adrianne smiled, before she released the Staryu as the starfish Pokemon looked on behind that shiny jewel that she presumed was how it saw things as she crouched down at "eye" level with it.

"Hey there. My name is Adrianne, these are my partners Aqua and Ace. Happy to have you be part of the team and I hope you feel welcomed. Was just thinking that, maybe a name might be cool? How does Aster sound?" Adrianne said, giving the Staryu a chance to respond. Aqua had been the pensive but friendly type, Ace was serious but always up to the task...but what kind of nature did this Staryu had.

Well, she got an answer....as she was blasted in the face with some water before the Staryu spun around happily and cried out with a nod. "Star!" Seemed like it wanted to mess with her a bit though seemed on board, as the now soaked Adrianne twitched her eyebrow but sighed a bit taking a rag to wipe her face.

"Well, you are a spirited one Aster. I'm sure we'll get along fine." Adrianne said with a sheepish grin, though out of the corner of her eye a muscular trainer who seemed to almost be a boxer of some sort had been eyeing her or more specifically her Pokemon. A challenger perhaps?

Theo Hightower
Thursday, July 20th
Red Rock Isle, Johto

Que the shopping montage!! After their plans were decided and Theo finished off his plate of food he and Naka set out on a Whirlwind shopping spree. Even though it wasn't his money he was spending, Theo decided to keep the shopping to a minimum and go as frugal as he could. A six pack of each article of clothing to keep the costs down, a white baseball cap with an Eevee stitched in to the front, a wallet to keep whatever cash he decides to keep on him in, and a backpack to carry all that and the rest of the stuff they were going to get from this excursion. He did ask to splurge on a single graphic t-shirt, another black tee though this one depicting two Gengar on the front. The two were holding hands and were pressed up against one another side, giving the viewer their signature evil grin as each had an attack prepared in their free hand. One a Dark Pulse attack and the other gathering a Shadow Ball rasengan style. From there they went to the survivalist shop and picked up the few things there he would need. A compass, a thermos, two bottles of sunscreen, a first aid kit, a mess kit, a collapsible tent, a sleeping bag and a blanket. They also conveniently had a nonperishable foods sales flier right next to the mess kits, Theo snagging up enough to last him and his Shinx for a week. There was a fishing rod display that caught Theo's eye for a moment, but he didn't feel right asking for one of those. He was here only for the essentials, however much fishing he might want to do in the future. Once it was all bought and paid for Theo had the duty of getting all that in the backpack, a feat he wasn't sure was going to work. It took some finagling, and maybe a prayer, but he finally managed it.

Our heroes half way through their montage posting we find the two next at the electronics store, the majority of the gadgets Theo recognized from his own world. There were game consoles, tvs, electric furniture, things of that nature, but there was also something else he didn't recognize. It looked like a plain jane white backpack, but it also had two mechanical arms poking out from under the main flap. Under the backpack was a display name calling the device the Aipom Arm Reproduction. He pointed it out to Naka, saying “....I don't need it. I don't want it. But I'm very confused.” Maybe she could tell him more about it later. Buying the phone and case was easy enough. He went with an older model, one that while not the newest and latest and greatest there was was still recommended to last him for a good long while by the woman selling them the phone. Programming it seemed pretty simple too.

Once the Rotom inhabited the phone it prompted “Greetings friend! I am Rotom, your friendly personal assistant! How would you like me to call you?” “Um...Theo.” “User Um Theo, confirmed. Is this correct?” “What? No! Just Theo.” “User Just Theo, confirmed. Is this correct?” NO!! I...you're doing this on purpose, aren't you?” “I'm sorry Just Theo, I don't understand the question.” With a blank stare Theo turned to Naka “I want a different Rotom please.” To which the Rotom vibrated violently, hard enough for his buzz to be heard, Theo again looking to the phone. “User Theo confirmed, is this correct?” Uh huh. It's all fun and games until someone starts talking replacement parts. “Correct.” “User Theo, recognized. Please select the language you wish to be this device's default language.” Ooh. That...he thought for a second, then remembered “Unovian.” “Unovian language confirmed. One moment.” The phone took a few moments to configure itself, and while it did so Theo and Naka would leave the electronic department. Once the phones reboot process was complete the Rotom sprang back to life, Theo having by this point produced the notebook and flipped to the first page. “Rotom. Substitute all Unovian letters for these, and translate all future applications, web pages and search results to display these characters instead of Unovian.” The Rotom complied by using the phone's camera to capture an image of the characters from his world, taking a moment to make the requested adjustments. When it finished it again piped up “Configuration complete. You mean like this?” Theo navigated a few different screens, checking the various icons and even doing a quick search on Shinx, to which he was easily able to read as being in his own language. “Perfect.” he answered the Rotom's question, giving Naka the thumbs up. Phone programming had been a success.

Next was the pokemon mart, where Theo decided on 3 potions and 5 pokeballs, Naka informing him then that it would be better to get 10 balls, as pokeballs themselves weren't guaranteed to be successful each time. There were different strength level of pokeballs, and if he picked up 10 he would get a special ball free. So that's what he did. There were also some status healing items, but Theo was aware he was already struggling to get what he had in his backpack and didn't think he could carry much else. Which only left the Pokemon Center and his registration. The Nurse Joy gave him a look that told him she thought it odd that he was just now registering to be a pokemon trainer, and he had nothing to say to that. To her it probably was. Especially here of all places. He found a spot to fill out the paperwork and proceeded to do so at his own pace, using his new Rotom Phone to translate all the information on the page. He stopped when he got to one point, looking to Naka. “oooh. Hometown.I...I don't suppose you have born at sea laws here, huh?” If they did that would be great. He could put at sea and leave it at that. If not...well, he was going to have to lie. Either way once that was taken care of and his registration complete, Theo could now officially consider himself a pokemon trainer. He even had a trainer ID and card to prove it! He again sat down with his backpack on the floor in front of him, easing in to his seat. “Man. What a way to spend a couple hours. I think I'm already tired from tomorrow.” he sighed, rubbing his eyes. He was pushing 20 hours now, and the sun was starting to set, but there was still things left to do.

Reginald Valerias​

Location: Tangelo Island Pond near Pokemon Center, Orange Archipelago
Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus, Jones the Frillish, White-Striped Basculin

Battling: Zane with Surskit and Magikarp vs Jones the Frillish and White-Striped Basculin

Reggie got himself ready, the phones called on a Rotom drone to watch, and after introducing each other and setting the rules to a singles 2v2 battle, it was time to send out their Pokemon. First up, was Frillish. Reggie sent him out, and the blue ghostly jellyfish turned to see Reggie, a creepy grin on his face as he floated just above the water. Reggie glared back. "No, don't drown me. We're going to be battling, and I want to see what you're capable of."

The Frillish tilted his head, then looked back at their opponent. Zane, as he was called, had sent out a Surskit. There was something under this boy's sleeve that Reggie spotted, but he wasn't so sure what it was yet. He went on his phone and scanned his Frillish with the Pokedex app, telling him the moves. He had an interesting array of moves, he just hoped it would be enough against the Surskit. Then he realized that besides Hex and Night Shade, every single attack was either neutral or resisted.

He sighed. Why did this have to be his luck? That Surskit looked rather strong for such a small bug, too. How strong was it?

The Rotom drone counted down, and it was time for the battle. Zane commanded first.

"Rain Dance."

"Mist."

While the Surskit made it rain, the Frillish sent forth a blast of mist to protect himself from getting his battle capabilities lowered.

"Agility." Zane called out calmly, the Surskit's speed rising as it sidestepped, the rain making it glow slightly to make it even faster. Reggie realized his mistake in letting this thing set up.

"Poison Sting!" Happily obliging, the Frillish sent a volley of poisonous needles from his bottom tentacles. If he can get the Surskit poisoned, Hex would do a lot of damage.

"Mhm... This is practically in the bag now..." Zane yawned as the Surskit dodged with another use of Agility. It was practically difficult to see. Was this thing even using Quick Attack? Did it have that? He saw the water ripple around practically at the same time as the Surskit danced around the Frillish, stopped, then danced around again.

"Acid Armor, protect yourself!" Reggie didn't like where this speed was going. Did the Surskit use a third Agility? It was going so fast it was getting difficult to see where it even landed. Jones didn't have an answer for this, so he created a slimy film as a barrier around himself that boosted his physical defense.

Was it waiting out the Mist?

"Aite, Power Split." What? That was an odd move for Surskit to use.

Both the Surskit and Frillish began glowing pink before an odd power in the form of an orb shot forth from the two Pokemon to converge into the center, then split itself in half and send them back to the two Pokemon. Knowing that Frillish were stronger than Surskit in both departments, this was bad.

Just as the rain was starting to peter out, the Surskit used Rain Dance. This was their time to strike, as it paused and began glowing blue. "Night Shade!" A ghostly apparition from the shadows erupted from around Frillish, ribbons and dots of different colored lights floating around them before attacking them with those same colored lights. It did quite a bit, and Zane was starting to get focused.

The Mist dissipated.

"Let's give them our signature String Shot!" Reggie was a bit confused until he saw the Surskit dancing about, putting string around its feet then blitzing towards Frillish. The Frillish tried using Absorb, but the life-stealing orbs missed as string was planted on his chest, the Surskit flying in the air and looping back around.

"Poison Sting!" The Surskit was too fast, and the Frillish too tied up. He tried grabbing the string, but then his tentacle got stuck to it, and then the Surskit was behind him, and then danced around him, wrapping him up in a big ball.

Was he trying not to attack him because of the chance for Cursed Body?

"Acid Armor!" The Frillish didn't know what using Acid Armor would do, but he attempted it anyway. The acidic film began seeping out from the string, degrading it.

"Finish it!" The Surskit summoned surprising strength - likely from the Power Split - to lift the Frillish up as the Surskit jumped into the air, twist, and throw the Frillish into the pond. There was a loud splash.

"Normally, Ghost-Types can get out of binds like that. I'm surprised. Is he young?" Zane asked, but all Reggie felt was frustration. He couldn't speak, his teeth gritting. "Hm, suit yourself. Psybeam." The Surskit released a colorful beam of psychic energy, slamming into the downed Frillish. The strings disintegrated from the acid, but just as the Frillish turned around to send an Absorb, the Surskit blitzed the Pokemon. The yellow antennae glowed a lime green, and it slammed into the the weakened Frillish's chest.

Reggie's first lost battle on this island was shown by the Surskit's body glowing red in his increased attack power. They needed to get rid of it.

Returning the Frillish, he sent out the Basculin wordlessly. The Basculin looked at the Surskit, his eyes leering. "So, you were able to knock out Jones..." Reggie gritted his teeth. Upon hearing that, the Basculin growled, his face glowing black and red. Scary Face? Reggie was about to scan the the Basculin's moves when he acted of his own accord. The now slightly slower Surskit tried to use String Shot again, only for the Basculin to charge ahead and dodge it. His body glowed with a dark and purple energy, before bashing into the Surskit it managed to catch.

What was that?

After scanning it, Reggie saw it was Last Respects. Huh, fascinating. And it seemed as if the Basculin had been trained to catch fast opponents because it was able to smash into the Surskit as it tried skipping away.

"Hm, couldn't use Fell Stinger's boosted attack. Oh well." Zane commented as if it were some trivial mistake. He returned the Surskit, then sent out a fish. More specifically, a Magikarp.

Reggie smirked. It was going to be easy.

Or... So he thought. That's when the kid held out his arm, pulled up his sleeve, and showed off a Z-Ring with a Normalium-Z attached to it. "Hey, what?" Reggie said, eyebrows furrowed.

"Don't sleep on my Pokemon just because they seem easy, punk. Magikarp, Z-Splash!" Pressing the crystal, he outstretched his arms, pulled them off to one side, one arm went up to have a diagonal line, and the arms came together one by one to form a bottom and top border of some invisible box. The energy flowed from trainer in a yellow glow to the Magikarp, who splashed and hopped in the water, his body glowing with a bright burst of red.

Reggie's face paled.

Plus, the rain was still active for just one more round of moves. "Alright, Zen Headbutt!" He shouted, the Basculin's head glowing pink before charging forward.

"Dragon Rage." Again, what were these moves? How did it know Dragon Rage? He heard of Magikarp from long ago learning it but nowadays? It was practically unheard of! The Magikarp created a yellow orb of crackling energy before firing it at the Basculin. The white-striped fish lunged to the side, then he ducked and shot up to hit the diving Magikarp head on. The Magikarp fell into the water, then its body burned a yellow. "Reversal!" The Magikarp charged forward, smashing into the Basculin and sending it skidding like a skipping stone over the water's surface.

"Basculin!" Reggie yelled, hoping the Basculin was okay. Seeing the fish regain himself, he sighed. "Now, Aqua Jet!"

"Bounce." Reggie's eyes widened. That was definitely going to hurt. The Basculin managed to cloak himself in water and crash into the Magikarp, but it barely deterred the Magikarp as he flipped into the air and landed back in the water. He bounced once, then twice on the water's surface, then jumped high in the air. There wasn't a way to get the karp from here, was there?

"Basculin, once it gets close, Zen Headbutt!"

"Too late." Zane calmly said, already pulling out his Pokeball. Reggie snarled.

"It's not late until the battle is over!"

"Mhm." This kid's calm nature was rather frustrating. The Magikarp finally came crashing down, but the velocity was too fast for the Basculin to attack with a Zen Headbutt. In fact, the Magikarp landed right on top of him. There was a sudden wave of water, and the Basculin floated atop the surface, knocked out. The Magikarp cheered before being returned.

Reggie's gaze went downcast, and he returned his Basculin with a sigh.

"Don't underestimate Pokemon next time, aite? Good battle."

"Uh-huh." Reggie grumbled, looking away. That battle stung. He felt so powerless against those Pokemon. How? He sighed and walked away as the points were allotted. He looked at his WCS score.

He wanted to punch something.

69,989 -> 72,758

Nakano Saito​

Location: Scarlet City, Red Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto

Naka noticed in their shopping trip that Theo was trying to be frugal. That was kind of him. She got him everything he needed and wanted, even giving him the graphic tees that were really cool. She saw him eyeing the fishing rod. Knowing he might need it, she grabbed that too and paid for it. It was collapsible (and surprisingly of good quality and sturdiness despite being collapsible), and there was a nice bait and tackle box. Having stuffed everything herself in her own bag, she helped him with compartmentalizing, then let him figure it out.

As for the electronics, Naka chuckled as the Rotom played a game with him. "Rotom aren't AI, they are pretty smart Pokemon and pretty mischievous. You're going to need some patience." She saw the device and shook her head. "Something made for convenience. Sometimes, you need more than the two arms you got, but-" She then whispered it to him. "-I tried it, it's not very good."

Thankfully, the Rotom was able to change the language setting. And then Naka decided to comment on this now. "Oh, and whenever you want your phone, your Rotom will fly out of your pocket. They can practically sense if you need it. Just uh... Don't say or do anything that would get it upset, we don't want it playing keep away with your phone." She laughed, finding that hilarious now that she got him the Rotom.

Naka helped him fit the next items she bought for him, got him the Pokeballs he'd definitely need, and then it was the registration. Naka made a quick call to Elm, speaking in Johtonian which to Theo sounded like a dialect of Japanese. "Mhm, yeah, this is Nakano Saito from Professor Rowan. I got a up-and-coming trainer who would like a Totodile. He's a bit late to the party. You got one hanging around?" Elm replied, saying he didn't have one right now, but he could get one teleported to her in the next couple days. Giving him her thanks, she hung up and looked at what he was looking at. She asked Theo in Unovan. "So, you come from something like Unova if you speak a similar language, yeah...?" She thought for a moment, then smiled. "Accumula Town. There's a reason." She grinned, then shrugged. "It's not like the hometown is needed, it's just to show you your roots. But I have an apartment there I got a few years back with the help of my parents."

Registration was complete and Naka got his banking details set up with his ID. She then put in 2,000 Pokedollars in his debit, and then gave him 3,000 Pokedollars in bills. "If you've noticed, Potions and Pokeballs are like... 200 Pokedollars each, or dollars for short. So I don't know what you are used to, but $3,000 is a starting trainer's amount. I gave you $2,000 in your bank. That way, if you do any gym challenges, you have to pay up $1,000 before you challenge the gym. It's just to cover gym expenses, repairs, and stuff. If you lose, they keep it. If you win, you get prize money and the money you put in."

Naka then looked over at the Pokemon Center's bunk rooms and smiled. "Well, we can chillax for a bit then. Pokemon Centers have free healing and free lodgings for your and your traveling partners - whether they be human or Pokemon. I called Professor Elm and he'll get you a Totodile in a couple days. I suggest getting some rest then. I'll be training on the beach with my Pokemon and I'll likely be up all night." She chuckled, then pointed to the lodgings off to the side of the room. "Get some rest, Theo. I'll be where I found ya. Got anymore questions you can muster remembering the answers for?" She teased, waiting if Theo had anything else to say before taking her leave.

Last edited:
Theo Hightower
Thursday, July 20th
Red Rock Isle, Johto

“Yep....yeah $3,000 is a lot in my country of my world. But not a lot in others. Each country...erm...region I guess is the best comparison word, has its own currency and each currency has a different value compared to others. This might equate more to the Japanese Yen than to my Dollars. Which is..” He thought, but he wasn't one to keep up with the conversion rates of money. He shrugged, figuring he would figure it out as he went along. He pocketed the cash in his brand new wallet, glad to have both it and his new phone safely tucked away. He was starting to miss the weight of his wallet and phone, so although it wasn't the same it was still reassuring. Today had been a lot. A lot to take in, a lot to handle. A lot to go through. He was tired, and he could hear it in his own voice when he spoke up next. “2...no, 3 more questions. Well..requests and questions. Can we meet back up tomorrow for the training? I...I feel like when I go take this nap I'm not waking up until at least tomorrow. Uhh...Can I see your fossil pokemon? I just...A living fossil. Wow. And 3” he blushed slightly at the thought of what he was about to ask, but figured now was as good a time as any “Can I...I mean is it alright if I get your number? It's just I have this new phone and no one to keep in contact with it with. I... wouldn't want it to go to waste, you know?” he held the Rotom Phone up, not remembering right off if it had the feature where they could automatically transfer numbers between them or if it would needed to be added manually. He had asked people for their numbers before, but it had always been strictly on a professional level. Naka though, he had a feeling they were going to be more than just a professional relationship. They might even be....dare he said it, friends?

Once he had the answers to his questions Theo would nod and wave with a stifled yawn, heading in the direction of the pokecenter's lodgings. It didn't take him long to find them, Theo climbing in to one of the bunk beds and having just enough spare energy to take his shirt off. It was slightly warm in the room, and his shirt was still a tad uncomfortable from the sea water from earlier that day. He got as far as getting his arms under the provided pillow before he knocked out, a soft snore able to be heard by those who came in to the room. Shinx had jumped up on to the bed and, much like a dog, would circle one spot before laying down for the day as well. After a few moments of this his Rotom phone would buzz and whirl to life, floating out of Theo's pocket. The phone floated so that its camera was pointed directly at Theo, then back some to get more of him in frame. After a light click the Rotom Phone floated back over and came to rest next to Theo's head, the Rotom that inhabited it editing the picture slightly before sending it off. Back on the ocean front Naka's phone would ting that she had a new text message, which when opened would play the first 10 seconds of Funeral March, the photo itself edited to show two white flags below Theo's face. The Rotom then deleted the sent photo from Theo's phone and messages, so there was no trace of the photo left behind.

During the night Theo was startled awake by the sounds of an unfamiliar place around him, and in his still half asleep mind would rub his upper body as if he was trying to rub an unseen substance off his form. This went on only for a moment before he drifted back off to sleep, head turning away from the direction he had been facing but otherwise remaining unmoved. He had had the weirdest dream, but right then he wasn't sure he could recall exactly what it had been about.

--------------------------------
Theo Hightower
Friday, July 21st
Red Rock Isle, Johto
Mentions: Nakano Saito (Merciless Medic)

The next morning Theo still slept peacefully, sleepily swatting at whatever it was that was messing with his face. “nnnngh....Five more....minutes....” he muttered as he turned away, bringing an arm up to cover his face. The sun was just starting to rise, so there was still some darkness left to help him get back to sleep. Whatever it was that had bothered him didn't let up, as it had jumped over him and was again trying to stir him from his slumber. This time it used a full on frontal assault, rubbing its furry body against his chin. “Hnn...wha?” He didn't remember having anything small and furry that acted like that. He didn't remember having anything small and furry at all! Forcing his eyes open and to focus he found himself staring at Shinx, the sight of the pokemon startling Theo and forcing him to scoot back some, right in to the wall. So it hadn't been a dream. He hadn't gone crazy after all. It was all real. It had really happened. He was...he had been transported to the paradise world of pokemon. Collapsing back on to the bed and on to the Rotom Phone Theo would sigh, drowning out the Rotom Phone's whirling and beeping of alarm as he laid there for a moment with one eye still open. Groaning he would mutter a good morning, trying to wrap his brain around the situation. The more he thought about it, the more an odd thought would cross his mind. In the few manga he had read, didn't someone who was transported to another world like this typically get some sort of over powered ability of some sort? No, that couldn't be right...could it? He brushed the thought away for now, not wanting to entertain such crazy ideas. No, he needed to do something productive, like go and learn how to train pokemon with powers he couldn't begin to....you know what? He'd put a pin in that whole over powered ability thing for now.

With another grunt and groan Theo forced himself off the bed and towards the bathrooms, where he took a quick but refreshing shower. Awake and alert with a fresh change of clothes Theo felt a lot better as he gathered his belongings and headed for the front of the pokemon center, grabbing the anime hero's breakfast of choice in the form of a slice of toast for both himself and Shinx and a carton of milk as he headed out the door. He knew where Naka said they were to meet the day before, he just hoped she also meant they could meet there again tomorrow as well.

Lara Brook - 16th of June - North Lake Miloch, Wild Area, Galar
"Yeah that makes sense," Lara said and then hummed and took a couple more pictures, just as the humming pokemon stretched its wings. Unable to wait, the photographer was about to check the photos but before she could see them propper, Nicole pointed out that she had a new hat?

"Huh?" Lara said as she was about to try and tilt her head back, but felt an unexpected weight on it as she moved and immediately froze in place with a beaming face until she turned awkward when she noticed Nicole filming her, "W-wait- Do I have a Swablu on my head?" she asked in a hushed tone, too scared to move. The yellow Swablu adjusted her position on the human's head slightly to be more comfortable, wanting to rest somewhere soft and dry before going to wash herself in the lake water. What a pleasant little place to rest after flying for so long.

Gwen Tucker - 19th of June - Snowbound Lodge Route 216, Sinnoh
Gwen took a seat at the table, kicking her feet slightly as she watched Ozzy and Cobalt get their food as well and listened to Akira and Hina talk. Cobalt looked as Ozzy got his own food and was ready to go to Hina to ask for some as well, but looked like the woman guessed that the Penguin pokemon was hungry as well when she handed him his own bowl of berries, "Pip," he said as a thanks before he grabbed a berry and started to nibble away at it.

"Uh... I think I'll have - Oh! Ramen," Gwen said in a delighted tone, "I'll have ramen, thank you," she then made her order to Hina and then turned to Akira again. A part of her was curious to see the Mamoswine, but her want to see the badges was stronger. The blue haired girl let out a gasp as she saw all the badges that Akira brought back with him. He had all the Sinnoh badges and then some! "Whoa...." she said looking at them and then looking over at the fire badges she wasn't too familiar with. Eager to see the beast that had helped Akira and his team of pokemon earn his badges.

Gwen gasped again as she saw the hulking Twin Tusk pokemon, "He's so big!" she said in awe and stepped closer, slightly hesitant to touch him. Her worries were quickly swept away though as she saw how affectionate the ground type was with his trainer and Gwen then put her hand on his tusk, and a surprising chill ran down her back before running her hand along them, feeling all the bumps and chips on them.

The Swinub in the dining room looked up from her now empty bowl as she heard a familiar sounding snort. Curious she scurried away with a small waddle with her belly full. She let out a snort of her own when seeing the large and elderly Mamoswine. Slowly she got closer looking up at her third evolution stage in a sense of respect.

Gwen Tucker - July 18th - Goldenrod City -> National Park, Johto
Gwen looked at Ron with raised eyebrows as he counted out the times he's lost. It.. made her feel a bit better. To know that someone as strong as the punk had his own fair share of losses as well. What he said next sort of hit Gwen quite hard, but Ron was so right. She tightened her grip on her glass of orange juice and let his words rest and digest for a moment, but she didn't have too much time to do that before the punk said that they should go.

Pushing her thoughts to the side for now, the light blue haired girl gave Ron a grin, excited to explore this foreign city, "Alright," she said and chugged her own juice and wiped her face into her sleeve, "I'm ready now,"
The big city scenery had a sense of familiarity to her being from Jubilife in Sinnoh, yet it was so different all the same. She kept close to Ron while walking over to the park and looked around to see all the people and their pokemon walking around. Her gaze then wandered up to look at the small little sparkles that started to appear in the night sky. It was still just as magical to see a starry sky like so as a kid who grew up in a city that was the largest in her home region. Her steps slowed down a bit, but she caught herself and sprinted up again to catch up with Ron.

Gwen looked at the vastness of the large park with awe. It was so calm here in contrast to the hustle and bustle of the city. She gripped at Cobalt's pokeball on her belt, wondering if she should have her pokemon come out. Well, what would be the harm in it, "Cobalt, Ozzy, Peanut and Cotton, come out for some fresh air," she called out and threw out four pokeballs and released a Prinplup, Deino, Swinub and a light gray Eevee. Each of the creatures looked out in awe of the beauty of the park and Cobalt looked at his trainer, already ready for action. Peanut and Ozzy meanwhile started to run around and play together. Cotton the Eevee though stayed close to Gwen leaning against her leg.

Last edited:

Ron looked at the team Gwen let out and decided, to not release his. The last thing he wanted was to attract a battle to them and not Gwen. The girl needed a win and most trainers in this area were about her level. Which was perfect. The Goldenrod gym was famous for filtering trainers, getting rid of those that won't make it far and only those truly committed to challenging the league getting past it. So, naturally the National Park became a training ground of sorts.

"Alright Gwen, Johto has a slightly different style of battling in the streets. Unlike Sinnoh, some gym leaders adapt a rapid switching style." Ron stood next to the blue haired girl, while scouting an opponent for her. "Basically, there are no limits to when or how many times you can switch as long as you don't go past the number of Pokemon agreed upon. It's slowly losing popularity due to other leagues adopting the more traditional style, but in a street fight, this is the best way to go about." He took out two PokeBalls and held them in his hand. "Watch."

Ron took a step forward, facing a tree nearby with clear marks of having taking some damage. "Pretend that tree is my opponent."

"Evanes, Slash, siwtch, Marley Quick Attack!"

The Skarmory popped out of her PokeBall, flying straight into the tree and slashing at it with her talons. As soon as she gave the last hit, she returned into the PokeBall at the exact same time Raichu popped out of hers, moving quickly through the ground and smashing into the tree trunk with her shoulder, before jumping off it and landing next to Ron.

"There ya go." He turned to face Gwen. "The timing is difficult, so you might want to try it slowly at first. Since you know, having two Pokemon on the battlefield at the same time is basically cheating. Wanna give it a shot?"

Montagne Khastil
July 4 - Shabboneau Castle, Camphrier Town, Kalos
Evening

"Yeah, me and her." Monty gestured to Esther as the receptionist tap-tap-tapped away at her computer, and noticed a subtle side-eye directed his way through her thick glasses and crow's feet.

"One moment, s'il te plaît." The old woman's eyes fixed back on her screen, and the criminal crossed his arms and scanned the room to distract himself. There were a handful of people milling about —other participants by the looks of them. Full backpacks, balls on belts, and that air of untouchability that so many carried with them were the dead give aways, and as Monty sized their competition up his eyes locked with another kid doing the same to him.

Who the fuck was this guy? He had a face like porcelain, smooth and prestine, with eyes that screamed 'better than you' like they were looking down into a toilet, and he was covered head to toe in the most expensive-looking athletic gear Monty had ever seen. Their gazes only met for a second, but the criminal already hated the kid's guts.

"Alright, dearies—" The receptionist spoke up, catching Monty's attention again as she placed two clipboards on the counter. "Fill out these forms, please. Sign on the X's, and don't forget the Trainer ID."

The Lumiosite nodded affirmatively, and took his clipboard and a pen. Name...Trainer ID...Date of Birth...all similar questions to his sign-up at the Santalune Gym. There was a waiver, too, and a copy of the rules. Chief among the handful of points was being a novice trainer, with two gym badges or less, and use of only one pokémon.

That wouldn't be a problem. Neither Oracle or Chauffe should have an issue doubling up, especially with Abné being...unable to battle. Chance wasn't something Monty liked to rely on, but he'd have take the gamble that their opponents weren't too stacked against Dark and Fire.

Monty filled out his forms in no time at all, and as he handed them back to the receptionist he asked, "Is that it?"

"I'll enter these into the system, and then you'll be all set for tomorrow morning. Hang on to the schedule sheet, and make sure to bring your Trainer IDs. Good luck to both of you in the tournament!"

That was easy enough. Monty started to turn back to Esther and Azumi and said, "Let's find Nico and get something to ea—"

"OH! An Absol!"

The biggest bowl cut Monty had ever seen had silently slipped behind him, and the criminal nearly collided with the kid as he turned around. A white lab coat with a Poké Ball logo covered his thin frame, and the kid looked small enough that a strong breeze would snap him in two. His outstretched hand held a PokéDex, and it was pointed straight in Oracle's face.

HISS!
"WATCH IT!"

The criminal barked and threw a hand out, knocking the kid's dex-wielding hand away and stepping between he and Oracle. Monty felt his partner's Pressure flare, and scowled as he loomed over the bob-cut lab-coat guy. "What the hell're you doing?"

Bob-Cut looked confused, like he didn't understand why Monty would be upset about him getting all up into he and Oracle's personal space. He rolled his eyes and huffed, "I was trying to register that Absol in my PokéDex. They're rare in this part of Kalos, so of course I'd want to do it early—" He spoke like his statement was a given, and like it was annoying to have to put it into words in the first place. "—We're on a bit of a time crunch, y'know?"

Monty eyes narrowed. Who the fuck did this kid think he was talking to? "No, I don't."

"Uh...the Conference? The Lumiose Conference? We're already a month into it!" Bob-Cut was astonished. "We still have so many species to catalouge, so many badges to win, so many Pokémon to catch—"

"And a tournament to win!" From behind Bob-Cut, Elitist-kid interjected. Now that he was closer, Monty noticed a Poké Ball pin stuck in his shirt. Elitist sidled up to Bob-Cut with a cocky grin and sized up Monty and Esther, and added, "We've gotta get more wins for Sycamore Labs, after all."

More wins for Sycamore Labs? Did they work there or something? "I don't know how you're gonna do that when we're here." Monty took a step closer to Esther, pointing first to the two boys then to himself and her. "You're you, and we're us, and we're winning. Sorry, Sycamore Labs."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
August 2nd

Wilford found himself biting his tongue immediately after hearing Milo make his next command. He hadn't thought that his trash talk would create a hole in his otherwise airtight strategy. Despite the shield of Max Guard forming around Monferno quick enough to protect him from the opposing Max Strike, the rich young man stood silently as he watched the Eldegoss return to its normal size.

How could I have made such a foolish mistake? Only a true amateur, no better than the countless trainers I've crushed on my path here, would make such a blunder...no matter, the plan is proceeding uninterrupted. This fight will be over soon.

Wilford quickly found his composure, helped by the opportunity to test his Monferno's Dynamaxed power presenting itself at his feet. However, the rich young man took a deep breath to focus himself before issuing the command.

"Max Flare!" With a confident snap, Wilford declared his next attack. In response, the Monferno ignited its fist before punching the ground, causing a crack in the stadium to creep its way towards the Cotton Bloom Pokémon, a fiery eruption aimed to engulf it once in range. Wilford didn't acknowledge Milo's order for protection, as the Max Move still inflicted damage on the Grass type while importantly causing the light of the sun to harshen, increasing the power of the subsequent attack.

"Again," Wilford's grin had now faded away to a neutral expression, already accustomed to the power that he had observed. Once again, Monferno created another crack in the stadium grounds with his ignited fist, intending for a more powerful explosion to engulf the opposing Eldegoss on the second time of asking.

This will be my last turn, but that won't matter. I seriously doubt the cotton ball can take any more punishment.

Akira​

Pokemon Team: Mamoswine, Bastiodon, Chandelure, Chesnaught, Toxapex, Goodra

As Hina got Gwen's ramen ready, Akira was having a fun time showing Gwen his achievements. And upon seeing the Mamoswine, Akira couldn't help but laugh jovially at her expression. Upon feeling the Gwen's hand on his tusk, he snorted in her face to blow cold air at her, then smiled and let out a laugh similar to his trainer's. He stayed still though, knowing those tusks could potentially sweep Gwen off her feet if he moved his head too quickly.

But then he heard a familiar sound. His eyes found the little Swinub, and his eyes widened. He looked between Gwen, then the Swinub, then let out a soft, rumbling coo that sounded like a purr. Carefully, he made sure not to hit Gwen with his tusks as he moved them slowly and let the low bend of the tusk rest on the ground next to Gwen's Swinub. He snorted a little, in a welcoming gesture for the little Swinub to hop on.

Akira wanted to at least explain his Mamoswine's behavior, as he was being really sweet and adorable. "He finds Swinub absolutely adorable. Reminds him of when he was their size, so he wants the Swinub to climb to the top of his head and see the world in his view. Once he's all rested up, he might even allow you to play on him. Uh, outside." He added, chuckling sheepishly. "Last time I told a kid they could do that, we accidentally blew a hole in the lodge with his tusk and Hina was so upset with us, haha."

His Mamoswine snorted and grumbled something, with Akira patting his head. "I know, it was rather cold in here for the few days we had that hole."

The smell of ramen wafted through the air. It almost smelled done.

"So, what are ya doing for your life, kiddo? Doing the league and getting strong? Ever thought about what you'd do after all that?"

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 20 -> July 21 (26yo)
Location: Scarlet City -> Scarlet Beach, Red Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Silenus the Sceptile, Hattie the Hatterene -> Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Silenus the Sceptile, Hattie the Hatterene, Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Brute Tooth the Barraskewda, Huntail, Gorebyss

Messaged: Reina Cortez (Hecotoro), Esther Sophys (kyuukestu)

To hear that their inflation was similar to a currency called a Yen was interesting. Regions over there were called countries, too. Fascinating. But to hear they had different currency had her eyebrows raised. Yes, they had different kinds of currency, but Pokedollars was practically accepted throughout every region with no difference in its value.

Naka heard out his questions and chuckled. "Yup, I'll be there tomorrow, and it's likely you'll find my entire team, too. I'll try not to info dump too hard about them." She teased, mostly making a joke at her own expense. His third question had her eyebrows raised and she wasn't lost when she saw how flustered he got. He looked quite young for her, so the only thing she could question was why he was flustered. He sounded like he was trying to keep it all cool. "Sure thing. You sound like you're trying to ask a girl you crush on for their number, by the way. I think I'm nearly a decade older than you for that." She winked, then grabbed her phone. "Here, if you have a Rotom phone, they can just do it automatically." She held out her phone and exchanged numbers with him, then pocketed it back.

She then patted him on the head and let him go rest. When Naka went outside and began training her Wishiwashi, Swampert, and Ludicolo, she got a notification on her phone. Looking at it, it was Theo sleeping with the funeral march playing and white flags. She laughed, knowing it was the Rotom. She downloaded the photo and sent it to Reina and Esther's phones, with the caption "I found a friend" on it. She knew how creepy that sounded, and she left it as that.

As the next morning rolled around, Naka had taken a small nap, had her Pokemon eat, and pulled out more Pokemon in preparation to show off and have him borrow three Pokemon for the fight. She also bought a few TRs for this purpose. Since it was getting warmer and she was bound to get splashed on, she wore sandals with wraps that went up her calves, blue jean capris, and a black shirt. She still had her signature black-and-white checkered trainer belt with six Pokeballs, but there were additional clips on the other side that held another five.

The only Pokemon who were out at this very moment were her three Water-Types she was using, her Sceptile, and her Aerodactyl. In which she decided to show off by hopping on the Rock/Flying-Type's back and getting a ride. With a happy screech, the Aerodactyl flew off and around Scarlet City. His wingspan was longer than that of other Aerodactyl, and the muscles associated with flight were a mixture of bulky and lean to account for how much force he needed to flap and stay upright in the air for long periods of time.

By the time Theo had come out and was heading his way over, Naka whooped as the Aerodactyl twirled about above the path he was on. There were reins, a safety loop around his dorsal spine, and a saddle on the Aerodactyl, giving her something to grip on and make sure she didn't fall as he did more complex tricks in the air. Hell, she even let go of the reins as Aero flew upside down, Naka's arms outstretched to the sides as she felt the blood rush to her head from being upside down and the wind rushing through her.

Ah, the rush felt amazing!

The Aerodactyl righted himself and he landed on the beach, kicking up sand towards the other Water-Types and her Sceptile with a cheeky laugh. Naka took the clip off her safety belt she was wearing and hopped off. She waved to Theo, smiling happily and like she just had an adrenaline rush. "Good morning, Theo!"

Hearing there was someone new, the Aerodactyl in all of his derpy, head empty-no thought glory, whipped his head around with his tongue lolling out the side as he panted until he saw Theo. He turned around to see him, his tail wagging much like that of a dog. "I swear, not all Aerodactyl are as affectionate as Aero is." She laughed, rubbing the top of his head and getting a sweet coo from him.

Milo​

Battling: Wilford Pine and Monferno (sSoul) vs Eldegoss

Milo didn't want the poor kid to accidentally lose just because he monologued. It had to end at some point, and he was glad he was learning now. So as the Max Guard guarded against the Max Strike, all he could do was have his Eldegoss - who wasn't very fast - to protect herself from the next attacks. He didn't think his Eldegoss could even last two Fire-Type attacks, but her bulk has surprised him before.

The first Protect popped up as the first Max Flare sounded. The max attack cracked her shielding before blasting through and burning her. "Protect again!" The barrier flashed a couple times before solidifying, the Eldegoss's energy spent. But as the second Max Flare connected and with its boosted power from the sun, she was finished.

There was a burnt Eldegoss and Milo frowned upon seeing his sweet Eldegoss burned to a crisp like that. But that was the nature of being a Grass-Type gym leader and the first gym leader people usually fought against. He returned her as the referee sounded. "Eldegoss is unable to battle! Monferno won! The reigning victor is Wilford!"

With a cheery smile, Milo walked to the middle of the field where the two should meet up, as he had something to give him. "That must have gotten you on your toes. As proof for defeating a Gym Leader for the Gym Challenge, allow me to present you with your very own Grass Badge!" He held it out to him and went for a handshake if he was keen on it, eager to see the young man go places now that he had jumped his first hurdle.

The crowd went wild, they were actually excited that Wilford had won.