• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Charlotte Pryce
Date:
Sunday, July 24th
Pokémon Team: Fernando (Infernape level 52), Dini (Alakazam level 52), Splash (Floatzel level 49), Bolero (Roserade level 52), Hatari (Luxray level 52), Tiburon (Garchomp level 48 )
In the Box: Radar (Lanturn level 32)
Interactions: Theo (Sir Krazz)

Charlotte jerked her head at the sound of her name. She saw Theo barreling after his Totodile who seemed undaunted by the proud Machamp standing outside. Theo sure had his hands full with that Pokémon. It reminded Charlotte of her first days with Fernando. As a Chimchar, Fernando would climb trees, houses, tall billboards, anything that made it hard to keep up with him or grab objects he snatched in his games of keep-away. As an Infernape, Fernando had settled down choosing to spend his energy on battles and the occasional relay race. Still, it had taken Charlotte a lot of effort and patience for him to get to that point.

Watching the Machamp send Theo's Totodile into a backwards summersault, Charlotte couldn't help but laugh.

"Your Pokémon has a lot of spirit," she told Theo. "If he isn't careful, it will get him into trouble."

Hatari gave the Totodile a critical look. Charlotte wasn't surprised. Her Luxray had a habit of sizing Pokémon up, even one's she did not battle. Judging by her narrow expression, Hatari thought this Water-type crocodilian was something of a fool.

Charlotte turned once more to Theo who seemed to have something on his mind. The creases of his forehead reminded Charlotte of a professor she knew back home.

"Beedrill in your bonnet?" Charlotte asked. "You seem lost in thought."

Theo Hightower
Sunday - July 24th
Cianwood City, Johto
Interactions: Charlotte (Charlotte); Mentions: Esther (Kyuukestu) Naka (Merciless Medic)

“That's what I've been trying to tell him, but he doesn't want do listen, does he Krem??” by this point he had started giving the Totodile a noogie, each time applying more pressure when saying certain italicized words. He quickly stopped doing that however once he realized not only did the Totodile not seem to mind the noogies, but it seemed to be hurting his hand more than it was affecting the water type. The Totodile continued to struggle in his trainer's grasp, looking to the Luxray when he felt its eyes on him. He replied to the critical look with a low growl that was quickly interrupted by Theo dramatically, almost violently but obviously showing restraint in shaking the Totodile up and down. “What did we just say about fucking around and finding out? You can't just go around picking on pokemon three or more times your size. That four armed pokemon flicked you away like a bug, and this....uh...” Now that he stopped and actually looked at the pokemon that was beside Charlotte, he couldn't help but notice the similarities to--

The thought was cut off as the other ball on his hip shook and out popped the Shinx in question, mewing to Theo. By this point the cat pokemon had gone nose blind to the smell of the gym and wanted to get back out of his ball, and what should he find but one of the trainers from the island and a much larger version of himself! With a happy cry Shinx approached the Luxray with no fear, his tail shining and wagging in greeting. One pokemon that was way too friendly, and one that was way too ready to start a fight. Her statement caught him off guard. Beedrill in your bonnet? He could only imagine your average, every day honey bee or hornet with a fully automatic power drill for a stinger, a truly scary thought. “Ooh...Um...I..It's...I was just wondering if all pokemon personalities were as...extreme as Shinx and Krem here, or if they're just special cases.” Yeah, that was it. What was he supposed to say? Ooh yeah I'm just standing here thinking about another girl while talking to you. Even he was sure that wouldn't blow over too well. Looking at them side by side, there was no doubt now. “Your pokemon. Are they what Shinx will eventually tr...evolve in to?” He had to catch himself. The thought of evolution being as fast as Naka had described it to him still seemed a bit farfetch'd to him.

Reginald Valerias​

Date: June 2
Location: Tangelo Island Pond near Pokemon Center, Orange Archipelago
Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus, Jones the Frillish, Legion the White-Striped Basculin
WCS Rank: 72,758

Interactions: Briar Hightower (ThAtGuY101), Adrianne Silvers (Godjacob)

Hearing Adrianne's words get cut off, he looked over to see her Staryu had actually pranked her. It broke his attempt to take this seriously, smiling warmly at the playful display. It honestly reminded him of his other Ghost-Types. While Baba was studying Aster, he looked back over to see the Smeargle use a Take Down.

Legion watched with rapt attention. Deep within his instincts, it was familiar to him. However, he felt like this was too soon for him to learn. Was his trainer mad? Going against the will of natural law? Granted, he hadn't seen anymore of his kind in a long time, having left the only place that seemingly had them when he was rather young. The fish stared up at his new trainer with wariness. He was very different now from when the eager trainer caught him. Was he bothered by losing just as much as he was? Did he dislike him for losing?

Not wanting to give this human anymore of a reason to dislike him, Legion decided to do what he can to not disappoint him. He refocused his attention onto Frida, fish eyes watching intently. It was similar to Tackle. Heeding Reggie's advice, he surged the colorless energy throughout him to an almost unbearable level. However, the sheen of white light was only marginally brighter than that of a Tackle. Reggie had been watching him, and suddenly locking eyes with him had caused the well-up of energy to falter.

Seeing the Basculin's startled expression, Reggie realized he might have been looking a bit too harshly at his new Pokemon. His expression softened, and Legion visibly relaxed. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." He smiled, of which the Basculin stared at him blankly. Why was he apologizing? Did he realize he was overly harsh? Huh, maybe he wasn't so bad. "Don't worry about getting it right immediately. Take Down takes quite a bit more energy than your average Tackle, so I'm not expecting you to learn it now. I'd also rather you not burn yourself out and hurt yourself trying to learn something that's likely too soon for you to learn. So don't worry about it too much, okay?" Was he serious? The wary, narrowed gaze softened and his eyes widened as he looked more at his trainer, the human even kneeling down beside the water.

"I've trained my Pokemon in similar ways to this before, like when I taught my Shedinja False Swipe over Scratch. It was difficult at first, but he managed to learn it in under a week because all he had to do was dull his attack, but that went against his nature. I'm pretty patient. All that we need to do is build up that energy and train your limits on the amount of energy you build up for this kind of energy and then work on how much of that you exert or use. You have the potential to do that if you know Zen Headbutt, now you just need to do the same with a different kind of energy."

When he put it like that, it made more sense. Legion didn't know why he couldn't use more of his colorless energy than his psychic energy, probably because he hadn't trained in this way before and he wasn't there yet. But considering he had the reserves to hold a different kind of energy, he should be able to do the same for this one.

Should, being the correct word here.

Standing back up, Reggie gave Legion an encouraging smile. "Alright, let's try this again. Build up that energy, don't worry about using it up right now." With an understanding nod, the Basculin closed his eyes and began building up that Normal-Type energy, his body shimmering with more light than last time, but it wasn't the amount of energy appropriate for Take Down. If Reggie had to guess by eyeballing it, he was about 40% there to the amount of energy he needed to build up. "Focus on it, now hold it there." Listening to him, Legion continued to hold the energy. However, he began to tire, and the energy began to fizzle. "Now, use the last remnants of your energy and try to break your limit on how much energy you can hold."

Legion tried. Oh, did he try for a few minutes. He shined brightly for a brief moment, having what Reggie would assume 50%, but it was like deadlifting when you were already tired. Legion's body was then slack, huffing and puffing from all that exertion.

Reggie, having rolled up his pants and taken off his shoes and putting his socks in his shoes for safekeeping, sat at the edge of the little pond, his legs up to his knees now submerged. Normally, one wouldn't want to set any bare limb in the same waters as a fish with rather sharp teeth, but Legion languidly swam over to the source of the new ripples in the water, being embraced by the human's rather compassionate warm hug. "Don't worry, Legion. It may be early, but I sense that trying to handle your evolution would be best done early. Spend too much time in this form, and you'd be too used to how you were before and would have a harder time to handle your new form." While what he did say was true, it also had its own cons. He knew that, but he wanted to give Legion the optimism he held for him.

The fish looked up at his trainer, unsure if Reggie wanted him to evolve for the human's own gain or to make the fish better. He didn't know what that accomplished. But instead of inquiring with a blank stare, he decided to just rest there, with Reggie massaging his muscles with his thumb knuckle, lightly and firmly pressing into the fish's aching sides and earning pleased bubbles in a content sigh.

Looking over his shoulder to Briar and Adrianne, he smiled a bit easier now that he was tending to his Pokemon. "Sorry about that, but we're going to take a break. We can do this later tonight, then some more tomorrow. Gotta build up his stamina before he can use the move. That's our first priority." He then focused on Adrianne. "Luckily, I know stuff about move theoretics and have dealt in training it myself, so I can help teach some of your Pokemon any moves you want to learn, granted if my Pokemon also know it to make the process smoother. Otherwise, it would be a better idea to just let them learn it naturally as it comes to them. I'm only doing this for Legion for a different reason." He paused, looking down at his fish who was now staring at him.

"As a Pokemon gains a Ghost-Typing when they evolve or do a form shift - like that of Oricorio, Alolan Marowak, sometimes Shedinja, Froslass, Decidueye, and some others I'm not familiar with at the moment, they can have a myriad of sudden changes and it'll be harder for them to be themselves. Pokemon don't normally evolve and gain a Ghost-Typing naturally for a few reasons, because they go from sensing only the natural world they come to know, and then suddenly being bombarded with all these sensations of another world they only vaguely knew was there but couldn't sense it further than when their gut feelings tell them something isn't right. In fact, most Pokemon who do evolve into the Ghost-Type don't do so naturally through training except in a few cases like Alolan Marowak and Decidueye, so their instincts help to cushion the blow of what they see and feel to more manageable levels. To get there for the others though, they have to shed some physical or mental part of them to achieve some sort of spiritual ascension. Well, that's just a theory, but it works in the vein of Froslass and Decidueye." He spoke with a more forlorn tone amidst his factual explanation. Since he told Adrianne, it was obvious as to why, but to Briar, it sounded like he seemingly understood like he had gone through it.

"They now have to not only deal with these new sensations and mostly disturbing sights, but also the raw emotions that come with being connected to a new world they weren't connected to emotionally. It's like living in two worlds at the same time, and almost feeling responsible for both worlds - which is why some Ghost-Types are considered 'evil' when they are only aiding in the strength of the spiritual world because they stopped caring for this one. Some Pokemon that gain a Ghost-Typing can handle this new development, others are a bit more apathetic or not as bothered by it and use it as a tool. However, not all of them can just handle it without-" He paused, as he saw something he thought was reflected in the water. Apparently, talking about the dead had caused a sort of arrival of some human-shaped head to appear within the depths of the pond. He promptly ignored it because he didn't want to spook the others who couldn't see it so, after staring at it for a few seconds, he continued, his tone barely changing but Legion felt his hands twitch and tense up before relaxing. "-without some training beforehand to prep them for what it's like, and even then it's difficult to handle because it's just so stressful. Having Legion evolve earlier than what's normal may have its own fair share of difficulties, but early exposure can also aid in him getting over it faster and accepting what he sees as he wouldn't be too used to what he can see as a Basculin, and he'll have more time to get used to what he's seeing and feeling. Besides, I don't know how strong the Pokemon are on these islands, so I want to make sure Legion is ahead of the game and can handle their strength with better ease without feeling too overwhelmed."

With Reggie's explanation, Legion realized just how conscientious and forward planning Reggie was. He always did find this human odd, but he spoke as if he had been through it and wanted to see him flourish, and taking a shortcut in doing so because of possible threats they'll meet later. He understood the meaning behind the words he spoke and took it as: I don't want you getting scared or hurt by a new world you barely knew was there, so I'll make the process as smooth as possible.

Despite losing to the fight they had earlier, and getting caught so unceremoniously, he was a good guy. Bubbling happily, Legion swam into Reggie's hand more, and getting pet from it, earning a soft, happy smile from Reggie.

Then, he sighed and deadpanned. "Hopefully earning trust from Jones, our favorite resident drowning ghost jellyfish, wouldn't require me drowning for the second time today, but I have a feeling if I want to train him or work with him anywhere, I'll have to be careful of any deep bodies of water." He groaned, slouching.

He looked back at Briar and Frida, giving them a smile. "Thank you for helping us, but I'm wondering if we can do this again later. If you don't want to, that's fine, don't feel like you have to, it'll just take a bit longer to learn Take Down is all." He then looked over at Adrianne and hummed a bit. "Got any ideas for training your Pokemon?"

Akira​

Date: June 19; 1 month prior
Pokemon Team: Mamoswine, Bastiodon, Chandelure, Chesnaught, Toxapex, Goodra

Interactions: Gwen Tucker (IDKWhatUserNameToDo)

Seeing her get so excited getting praised by him made Akira chuckle and his heart warm. With her determined shout, he nodded and gave her a thumbs up. "Yeppers, that's the spirit! Maybe spice up with something different the next time ya do it, so you have an easier chance at getting your goal."

Hearing her dream to eventually fight Naka and Ron later, he chuckled and smiled. Ah, the wishes of youth. "And someday, you'll reach there, but don't forget to look at the journey you're on and not just the destination. When you travel, you'll understand it more." As her sentence was cut off by a yawn, he chuckled and helped put away some of the stuff that would've been Hina's job. "Good night, Gwen. See ya tomorrow."

As Gwen left, Akira hummed to himself, then clicked his tongue. "Should I...? Nah, they got it handled. I need Mamo to protect the lodge anyhow..."

Nakano Saito​

Date: 1 Month Ago (26 years old); June 20
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Hanu the Infernape, Yuki the Froslass, Aero the Aerodactyl, Orochi the Zweilous, Silenus the Sceptile, Mudster the Swampert

Interactions: Ron Towers (Hecotoro), Gwen Tucker (IDKWhatUserNameToDo)

The night came and went, the new day sprung forth with a brightness that called for a nice day ahead. The sun's rays pierced through the clouds, making the white snow look even brighter, obtaining a soft glow of light that radiated off of them. Despite the lack of people on this route and the next, there didn't seem to be an issue.

Naka had gotten ready rather early, having softly kissed Ron's cheek and slowly left his side to get ready as quietly as possible. She had fiddled through her backpack to scan the arrows to determine their energy. However, whatever trace amounts of energy were there were now no longer. However, the shaft of the arrows felt wooden, yet flexible, like that of a rachis - a very thick stem of a bird's feather. So it was definitely from a Decidueye, yet the color was off from normal Alolan Decidueye.

Maybe it was a Shiny? Yet, ghost energy tended to linger and stay longer when they use Spirit Shackle. Maybe they just didn't use a typed attack? Bending one of the arrows, she tested its durability. It was firm, very difficult to bend yet didn't snap when she did manage to bend it. It was rather stiff, yet pliable enough for some give. Essentially, a perfect arrow. Still, it was rather thick for a normal Decidueye, and it was consistent with all three arrows. This was either a giant Decidueye or-...

Nah, she honestly didn't want to believe a Hisuian Decidueye was here and being used against them. Unfortunately, besides the freak phenomenon that happened with Furia, Hisuian forms were supposed to be extremely rare. There were a few farms - especially in Sinnoh - that wished to recreate them, either by isolating the genetics by way of the Mendel heredity, Psychic shenanigans, or gene editing. Though, they normally focused on one or two Hisuian lines to better focus and put forth better research on the Pokemon.

So... Would it be possible for there to be a Hisuian Decidueye? Yes, but very unlikely. She'd just have to hope it was such large Alolan Decidueye.

Having gotten everything together, even strapping the arrows on the side of her backpack as the points were still rather sharp, she looked to make sure Ron was ready - if he was even still in the lodging room. Opening the door, she exited, and bursting out of the Pokeballs came her Sceptile and Flareon, stretching and ready to scale Route 217 with them. Smiling, she looked around for Gwen before realizing Akira's Mamoswine was inside. Was there a problem? Though, seeing he was eating from a huge bin of truffles, she realized it likely wasn't anything to worry about.

"Alright, you two! We're going!" She yelled throughout the cabin, hoping Ron could now get up and Gwen was ready.

Lyra the Hex Maniac​

Date: July 18
Pokemon Team: Pearl the Misdreavus, Clay the Galarian Yamask, Lucky the ??? (Whereabouts unknown)

Battling: Gwen Tucker and Ozzy the Deino (IDKWhatUserNameToDo) vs Pearl the Misdreavus
Interactions: Ron Towers (Hecotoro)

Lyra snickered as her Misdreavus caught the dragon off guard. However, Pearl was much less enthused, as the Deino continued and even managed to land a Bite. A horrific screech erupted from Pearl as she thrashed to get out of the Deino's hold. Even Lyra was getting worried. "No, Pearl!" In this moment, she sounded the most human.

"Confusion!" This was a mistake. The Misdreavus attempted to throw a confusing ray of psychic energy at the Deino, but it just didn't work. Lyra panicked. Then it dawned on her.

"It's part Dark..." She realized the error of her ways, and there likely wasn't enough time to return her Misdreavus, who couldn't retreat through the rocks to safely get returned. They had already used up time to use Confusion.

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 19 (26yo)
Location: Pokemon Center, Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Silenus the Sceptile, Hattie the Hatterene

Interactions: Rick (Ridge)

Naka raised an eyebrow at Rick's admittance of not trusting flying machines, then she looked over at Iris. She was going to make a joke, but considering she didn't know Rick, she opted to still her tongue. Yet, biological ones are better? Though, she understood flying machines had their own issues and flying so high in a pressurized cabin was a bad idea.

As he explained what Iris was capable of - even eagerly nodding when he said to keep it a secret - she looked absolutely in awe, darting her gaze between Rick, then Iris, then back to Rick. "That's so coooooooool..." She practically had sparkles in her eyes, following him with her gaze before going to walk. "I never knew there was a new way to do that... Though, the energy must be a bit immense to do a full form shift like that, and if it can only be used for a short time. Which means that whatever you found could potentially be a generator of energy, too..." Though, upon hearing it was an independent researcher he was working for, she wondered if that was who he was calling back at the Pokemon Center. "Oh, I'm in the researcher scene in Sinnoh, too. It's likely I've heard of him. I'll keep it a secret, so don't worry. Wouldn't want to bother with another researcher's thing. I won't ask to help, but the offer is there if you guys need it. Nakano Saito, I'm a field researcher for Professor Rowan and Lucas. I'm also called the Guardian Researcher due to my uhm... Vigilante stuff, haha." She chuckled, scratching the back of her head. "Though, it's not super widely known, I'm sure he's heard of me unless he's nose deep in his work. Anyway, it's nice to have met you. Oh, here, before I forget."

She walked over to the dockworker, who was scanning cards, phones, or receiving cash for tickets. "One ticket to Olivine City please." Once the transfer was done, she grabbed the Olivine City embark ticket and held it out for Rick. "We don't want anymore impromptu showers now." She chuckled. "Would you like my phone number, just in case?" She asked, smiling wide. She asked because it couldn't hurt, in fact she still had her hand on her cell phone she used to pay the dockworker.

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 24 (26yo)
Pokemon Team: Mudster the Swampert, Aero the Aerodactyl, Silenus the Sceptile, Hattie the Hatterene, Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Brute Tooth the Barraskewda, Orochi the Zweilous

Interactions: Theo Hightower (Sir Krazz), Charlotte (Charlotte Pryce)
Mentions: Esther (kyuukestu), Reina (Hecotoro)

Taking a boat to Cianwood City and spending some quality time with Theo (and possibly being noisy for the neighbors because damn Theo was good at playing video games), she helped teach Theo their alphabet - as if it were some sort of cypher - and then helped him with the basics of type matchups. Right after the Whirl Cup, she even gave the guy his Totodile that Professor Elm had transferred over to Naka. The man having a heart-to-heart with his Rotom Phone was honestly quite sweet.

As they docked, Naka departed from Theo as she wanted to explore the beachside city for a bit. She sent out two Pokemon - her Sceptile and her Zweilous. The two Pokemon were able to smell not only the salty sea, but that of the salty sweat the emanated from the gym. Naka wanted Silenus to help train Orochi, but when she realized that Orochi wanted to play more, she instead had gotten on Silenus's back and had the Dark/Dragon-Type run after them as they played chase.

During this, she passed by the gym and heard Reina was in there fighting Chuck, and that Esther was nearby. That's when she heard yelling and thought it sounded familiar. That's when her Silenus shot towards the voice on his own, and Naka was able to see it was Theo and Charlotte, a Luxray at her side with Krem in Theo's grasp and his Shinx having popped out to see the Luxray closer.

As she got closer, she had caught the last question that Theo had said, but she elected for Charlotte to answer. Instead, she laughed and waved as Silenus strode up beside the two, only for Silenus to nearly fall forward as Orochi tackled him with a surprisingly fast sprint, sending Naka on the sandy floor. Laughing, she got up and slapped her pants from the sand, her eyes darting between the two. "Hi, oh-... Hey, Krem, you wanna battle, huh?" She laughed, seeing that look in his eyes. "I used to have a Pokemon like you, I had to stop him from training for a whole day, 'cause otherwise he would've hurt himself. Actually..." Grinning, she sent out her Flareon, the Fire-Type yawning before catching eyes on the Totodile. With a cool behavior, he just silently watched the Water-Type, as if daring him to throw the first move.

Catching this, Naka laughed. "Chill, Fluffy. He's just a bit eager to battle's all." She tried to appease the Flareon, but he just huffed a small ember away from the others, his ears up and eyes closed in defiance.

Looking between the two, she smiled. "So, how are you two?" Meanwhile, her Sceptile managed to get away from the playful Orochi, who tried to bowl him over again.

Chuck​

Date: July 24
Pokemon Team: Poliwrath, Primeape, Hitmontop

Battling: Reina Cortez and Viridis the Scyther (Hecotoro) vs Hitmontop
Stats: +1 Atk, +1 Def

Ah, it was rather fast. His Hitmontop was in for a lot of trouble. While this Hitmontop was agile, he wasn't exactly fast enough to react to everything. The Quick Attack had sent the Hitmontop lurching forward, only to see the Wing Attack come in. With one hit, he was sprawled over on the ground. With a spinning kick to stand upright, he looked back to see another Wing Attack. He was a bit battered and bruised, of which Chuck had to grin.

Gooood...

With Technician, his next attack was going to hurt, especially with the Bulk Up. "Aerial Ace!" His feet glowed with sky energy as he lurched forward on his spinning top and spun towards him. Once they got close enough, he hit the ground with a hand to jump over the Scyther, sending down an Aerial Ace-kick on the Scyther's backside before landing on his top with precision.

Cole Forrest​

Date: August 2
Location: Turffield Stadium Lobby -> Street to Pokemon Center, Galar
Pokemon Team: Thwackey, Croconaw, Corvisquire, Galarian Meowth, Stufful, Trubbish, Magikarp, Pancham
WCS Rank: 75,432

Interactions: Wilford Pine (sSoul)

As Cole got himself all ready to go, he had noticed Wilford was being accosted by a group of interviewers. He chuckled, making sure his satchel was in place as he looked over at Wilford with an amused expression. "Hmph, I'm assuming idiots tried wasting their time with you?" He gave a snarky smile at Wilford's comment on his achievement, shaking his head. "To be honest, was a bit worried there. I was a bit underprepared in my Pokemon not having been trained enough to deal with all that. I wasn't planning on doing the gym battle within the week, but seeing such a likeminded individual made me do a leap of faith. Though, I won't be as unprepared for the next one." He said with some finality, his hands in his pockets as he made his way out of the stadium lobby.

"Let's go get our Pokemon healed and give you more fashion cohesion. Though, I can't enter the shop." He shrugged. "Not that I've done anything wrong to them, but Turffield is rather small and word gets around really fast. I don't think they'd give you any amount of good service if they saw me with you. However, once we leave Turffield, we won't have to worry about such rumors affecting either of us."

He really just wanted to get out of here, but he didn't want to rush things. Still, his walking pace - despite the hands in his pockets and slightly slouched shoulders - he was walking rather fast, as if he was running out of time for something. Wanting to start some kind of conversation with Wilford as they got near the Pokemon Center, he decided to go with an opinion question. "What is your definition of a good Pokemon? For battling, at least. Is it their type? Their aptitude as that species or evolutions? Their versatility?" He peered over at him from the side, a hint of a smirk on his own face.

Last edited:
Charlotte Pryce
Date:
Sunday, July 24th
Pokémon Team: Fernando (Infernape level 52), Dini (Alakazam level 52), Splash (Floatzel level 49), Bolero (Roserade level 52), Hatari (Luxray level 52), Tiburon (Garchomp level 48 )
Interactions: Theo (Sir Krazz) and Naka (Merciless Medic)

The Luxray watched as Theo's Shinx approached. For a second her expression was hard to read, then she licked the Shinx's face.

Charlotte chuckled. "Seems like your Shinx brought out Hatari's mothering instincts. That should prove that not all Pokémon are as rambunctious as...Krem was it?" She knelt down next to the Totodile. Hatari, meanwhile, was purring and posed like she wanted to play with the Shinx.

Charlotte stood back up. "Yeah, some Pokémon are more prone to be energetic. Especially those that were caught in the wild. It also depends on the individual."

She watched her Luxray wag her tail and meow towards the Shinx.

"Take Hatari, here. She had a lazy personality when I first met her. And yes, to answer your question, Luxray is the final evolution of Shinx. There's another stage in between: Luxio. Sometimes evolution can affect a Pokémon's personality too. I remember when Hatari first evolved. She started acting bossy, like she could carry the team. It took a few losses and some team building for her to realize her error."

Presently, Charlotte became aware that Naka had arrived and acknowledge her.

"Oh, hey, Naka! Fine. How are you?"

She stared in awe at Naka's Flareon. As a child, she thought Eevee was the cutest Pokémon. Well, second cutest. She would always have a soft spot for Bayleef.

"You know, I was just telling Theo about how Hatari needed to be put in her place when she was younger. Maybe a battle would do Krem good."

Unless he won of course. Pokémon could become insufferable if they won every single battle.

Theo Hightower
Sunday - July 24th
Cianwood City, Johto
Interactions: Charlotte (Charlotte), Naka (Merciless Medic)

Shinx mewed happily when the Luxray interacted with him, rubbing up against one of her front legs while purring. Theo would nod when Charlotte asked Krem's name to confirm, the Totodile finally forcing himself out of Theo's grasp. As the human who handed his pokeball over to Theo approached, and both she and the one his human had been speaking to spoke about training and battle the Totodile would jump up and down excitedly, quickly repeating Toto while pointing at each of the two women. See, they got it! He wanted to train. No, he wanted to fight! He was finally out in the world, away from that all brains no brawn guy and his shiny equipment that couldn't handle a little bit of water, and he was ready to prove himself to whoever would listen. He needed to. Leaves for brains and the walking fire hazard just weren't cut out for this type of life style. But him? He was ready. He was born for it. He could feel it in his scales! Sure, there were some larger pokemon in their quickly growing troop, but there was also one that caught his attention. A pokemon roughly his size when it was sitting down. And what was better, the pokemon was giving off the same kind of heat the walking fire hazard back home had. Which told him he had an advantage against the Flareon, whom he approached and growled at, daring the Flareon to make the first move. When it huffed the ember away from the others he responded by firing off a small Water Gun shot, just enough to douse the ember before it hit the ground.

Theo meanwhile nodded at the information about Luxray being the final evolution of Shinx, though he was surprised at the mention of a middle stage. “Pokemon can evolve more than one time? All of them?” Gods how many pokemon did that mean there were then? He figured there might be a few hundred species of pokemon at the max, but what if there were more? What if there were thousands? What if there were millions??? How did anyone keep up with all of it? Still, he couldn't stop himself from asking the Rotom Phone to scan the Luxray “Huh. Does that mean Luxray are used by the police? X-ray vision would really help them I'd think.” It was good to know that not all pokemon were as rambunctious as Krum was. He was sure one day the water gator would be a great battling companion, but right now he was too head strong. He needed to tone it down a notch or two, or he was going to get himself hurt.

When Naka approached Theo would grin and offer a quick wave, nodding towards Krem as he seemed to be challenging Fluffy to a battle. “Good. Still dealing with that. Maybe you're both right. Maybe he needs a battle...if only to teach him he's got a long way to go before he's ready to challenge anyone.” The Totodile shot Theo a glare before looking back at the Flareon, waiting for a response. Shaking his head, Theo continued “I was going to head in to the gym and see what kind of equipment they had set up, but that four armed pokemon flicked Krem like a burnt out cigarette, and now I'm worried I won't be able to even get in.

Esther
Sunday – Morning July 24
Cianwood City
Johto Region​
L’ensemble Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Halay-Alae (Houndour), Maçiera (Bounsweet), L’ Basseau (Surskit), Kasriel (G-Zigzagoon), Īstha Haq-Ra (Feebas)​

Cianwood City—A port of crashing waves! Esther peered left; Esther peered right; not a pier in sight! The port of crashing waves was...a bit lacking in the port department. But on second thought, she had arrived on the island’s southern beach via the S.S. Milotic, maybe the port for actual ships was further north? Esther didn’t know and she didn’t plan on finding out.

According to the travel guide she’d found, the Cianwood Port was only so-so. It was far less impressive than the major port over in Olivine; after all, no major sea traffic passed through Cianwood with the exception of trainers en route to the Gym or the Johto Safari Zone, trainers who often came riding their own pokémon; aside from trainers, Cianwood didn’t see many visitors, in part due to its remote location at the edge of the Johto region and in part due the unpredictable whirlpools between it and Olivine. Seafaring in these waters was perilous without powerful pokémon or a skilled sailor. Usually, it required both.

And to think Dustin had wanted to Mantine surf into the whirlpools! Esther scoffed, if they’d had their own water types then sure, but she wasn’t going to trust rental Mantine with her life! Such feckless buffoonery! Bless his soul, she hoped the Octillery weren’t too rough with him.

Anyway, according to the travel guide, Cianwood didn’t have much to offer tourists. Trainer attractions aside, there was a temple, a museum, and a...war memorial? Curious...

Esther noted it down for later, maybe she’d take a look. For now, she had places to be.

As far as architecture went, the Cianwood Gym just barely scrapped into the Top 5 most magnificent Gyms Esther had ever laid eyes on. Dark stones cobbled a path from the road to the gym, flanked on either side by lush vegetation. Esther would’ve figured the space would’ve been used for training fields or something similar where groups of stinky, oily, men could practice their martial arts; but no, the gym was surrounded by neat square hedges, scattered shrubs, and a sparsity of trees. The gym leader was a bit of a landscaper, mayhaps?

The Gym itself was Hexagonal, maybe even Heptagonal in shape. The former was obviously better—Hexagons were the Bestagons, after all—but Esther couldn’t be certain the gym leader, or at least the architect, was a member of the Sacred Six-Sided Sect; she could only three of the building’s sides from the front.

Even if the gym was hexagonal, and she truly hoped it was, it was still a bit...lacking. It wasn’t thematic! The gyms in Kalos had been on-point in that regard, Santalune’s gym had a forestry vibe both inside and out. It reminded her more of the grass type than the bug type, but it was something. Lumiose’s gym was the Prism Tower, when your gym was also one of the region’s major tourist attractions...well, enough said. It spoke for itself. That said, Esther actually thought the Cyllage gym was the most thematic of the bunch—build right into the side of a cliff, a quarry of sorts that hinted at the rock type and the gym leader’s love of fossil pokémon.

Cianwood was...hmm, it certainly didn’t scream fighting type, but the look and feel reminded her faintly of the Stadiums in Galar, if a bit less...grand. Maybe there was more inside the gym?

$5330

Pokéflute

PokéToy

Practice Ball

Seal Case

Everstone x 1 – $15,000.00

Charlotte Pryce
Date:
Sunday, July 24th
Interactions: Theo (Sir Krazz)

Charlotte pondered Theo's question for a minute. "I'm honestly not sure. Arcanines are a popular choice among police officers. They are large Fire-type dogs known for speed and bravery. In my book Luxrays would make a terrific choice. They are a bit more independent, but they possess some of the best skills I have ever seen."

She watched Hatari and Theo's Shinx play together and smiled.

"Have you thought about whether you want your Shinx to evolve?" Charlotte asked Theo. "My advice, don't get any fancy furniture. Having a ninety-three pound lap cat isn't so bad, but when they sharpen their claws, well, there's a reason people plant thick trees in their yard."

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Skol the king of gods, Bran the bronzor, Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~
~Yellow island - july, 19th...~
~interactions: Desmond...~

Aldon's new situation was unfolding in front of him. He looked at Desmond's pokémon then to his own.

"Use ancient power!" He commanded Bolly. Bolly would take the draining attack point blank as it readied its attack. It winced something fierce, but threw righteous fury in the form of several large rocks flying towards kricketune. For Skol, Aldon decided to get tactical.

"Skol, use yawn!" Aldon called out. As Skol heard that, he blinked. This yawn was different from his ordinary yawn. His lower jaw hung lower and the yawn lasted longer. A dense white fog spewed from Skol's mouth and formed around.

~Briar Hightower...~
~Briar Pokémon: Grafaiai/Baba(F), galarian wheezing/Puff Puff(M), tentecruel/Maggie(F), Revavroom/Hemi(M), clodsire/Claudia(F), smeargle/Frida(F)...~
Tangelo Island, June 2nd...~
~Rank: 48,420...~
~Reactions: Adrianne and Reggie...~

Briar nodded to Adrianne when she claimed she'd be right there. Baba was fixated on Aster's gem. It needed to be painted on. Baba would draw a pretty picture on it. Maybe draw it an eyeball so it could see, cause gems can't see, right? They aren't eyeballs. Clearly it needed her to draw it one. At least that was Baba's logic. She watched and wondered. Finger held out as she contemplated what color to use.

Briar watched Reggie discuss patience and taking their time training with Legion. It seemed like a wise goal. Briar nodded before turning her attention towards Adrianne again. It was her turn now.

Nakano Saito​

Pokemon Team: Mudster the Swampert, Aero the Aerodactyl, Silenus the Sceptile, Hattie the Hatterene, Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Brute Tooth the Barraskewda, Orochi the Zweilous

Naka had noticed the Luxray and Shinx being rather affectionate and playing. How adorable. She looked up at Charlotte as she asked how she was and she smiled. "Oh, good. Was trying to train Orochi, but he'd rather play than do some serious training." She looked back at the Dark/Dragon-Type now lunging and trying to tackle her Sceptile to the ground, but missing by a hair each time as the Sceptile simply lunged in a blur out of the way, the sand lightly getting kicked up as he did so. Luckily, the slight breeze blew it away from the conversing humans.

When she looked over at Krem and Fluffy, a grin slowly came up to her face. "Yup, that's what I was planning on. If Theo doesn't mind, of course."

Fluffy stared at Krem, his face twitching a moment after the water had dispersed his rather harmful flame. What a hardass... He looked up at Naka, and saw the grin on her face. For the first time in a while, he mirrored it, glaring daggers at the Totodile.

Naka had caught the last bit of their conversation being about evolutions, and she went to her phone to pull up a handy explanation. She forwarded it to Theo's phone. On it was a website explaining Pokemon Evolution: Like how some Pokemon can't evolve, others shift forms, other Pokemon can evolve once or into multiple different kinds, and how Pokemon can evolve twice - some with even branching evolutions. It didn't list all of the Pokemon that could do this though.

When Naka heard of equipment from Theo, she chuckled. "Equipment? Pokemon Gyms have a battlefield and gym trainers that are meant to test people's training, not train them unless the gym leader takes a liking to them and takes them in. Sometimes, you go through the gym trainers and battle them first before the gym leader. Other times, you don't have to. There's an app that allows you to sign up for a Pokemon Gym challenge, just insert how many badges you have - which you currently have zero - and I would suggest a singles format. Then, you fight. If you want equipment to better train your Pokemon though, that's better done in a training facility. I'm sure Cianwood - being a Fighting-Type-centric city - has something like that around here. Though, when I was younger, that didn't exist yet. You just had to train them yourself."

She then moved on to a different topic once Charlotte was done talking about Luxray. "I can help train your Totodile. Maybe get him to learn some moves while we're at it. Actually, can you show me what moves he knows now?" She then looked at Totodile and hummed. "He's got a thicker muscle composition, so he must have Sheer Force..." She mused to herself before looking up at Theo. "Sheer Force increases the strength of the Pokemon's move by sacrificing its secondary effect if it has one. Otherwise, no power boost. For example, if Fluffy had Sheer Force, his Ember attack that normally has a chance of burning is a secondary effect. It's secondary to dealing damage. Ember would be stronger, but it would lose the ability to cause a burn. However, Tackle and Quick Attack wouldn't work. Tackle has no secondary effects, so it can't be boosted, and Quick Attack doesn't have an effect even though it's generally executed faster than other moves, which we call priority. If a move lowers your Pokemon's fighting ability after it hits a foe, like lowering their physical Attack, it won't get stronger nor would it stop the debuff to your own Pokemon from happening. So, normally, secondary effects are like chances of causing an effect on the opponent."

She then looked over at Charlotte and grinned. "I'm also here for your Garchomp to train." Hearing there was another Dragon-Type nearby, Orochi abandoned Sceptile and came crawling over, sniffing the air and following the scent of someone familiar before coming upon Charlotte. Recognizing her from the Whirl Cup, he chittered happily yet quietly, his tail wagging as he bowed his heads, waiting to be petted. Orochi didn't mind the Luxray. In fact, he barely recognized Hatari was there to begin with, likely because she had less experience than he had as he was close to evolution.

July 24th, Cianwood City, Reina Cortez, Rank 29,574.

So much effort into building momentum, only for it to get cut down by one move. Viridis smashed into the ground, sliding forward while greeting her teeth. Reina gripped her shirt as she saw her Pokemon get taken down so quickly. Her green eyes on the Scyther, watching the bug struggle to her feet. While Viridis was fast and strong, she was pretty fragile.

Reina had sat down with Viridis before, trying to figure out her fear of crowds. But, considering Reina didn't even see when her ParkBall captured the ninja like bug, it was hard for her to tell how she caught the most frightened of the swarm that had attempted to kill them that day. Reina's theory though, was that Viridis had been part of the swarm her entire life, and considering they attacked anyone who got close, she grew a fear of anything or anyone who wasn't part of her group. Having others to defend her and never having to fight alone was also part of why she struggled to battle single matches.

"We're not going down with one hit!" Reina called out, clenching her fists and throwing one into the air, "Leer, let's go!"

Viridis managed to get up, shooting an intense look at the Hitmontop while showing her fangs at it. Her wings once again gained the Wing Attack glow, giving Reina a sign that she was ready to attack.

"Double Team!"

Viridis jumped into the air, her body splitting into three identical clones of her. The various Scyther started running around the arena, leaving small space between each other and getting ready to jump in and attack the Hitmontop.

Charlotte Pryce
Date:
Sunday, July 24th
Interactions: Naka (Merciless Medic), Theo (Sir Krazz)

Charlotte gave Naka a nod. "Again, I'm thankful that you volunteered to help."

She noticed the Zweilous down by her feet and bent down to give him some attention. "And it's nice to see you too, Orochi." She said, petting his heads. She wondered whether the dragon liked belly rubs and decided to give it a try.

"I was hoping to get in on the gym," she told Theo and Naka, "but if we're going to have a battle of the elements, I hope you won't mind if I watch."

Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto (July 19th)

Desmond knew he had been in a tight spot and had to up his responses if he wanted to avoid this being a curb stomp, and once Aldon called out his moves the Pokemon Photographer tried to answer back in kind.

"Kricketune, knock the rocks back with Fury Cutty! Politoed, block the Yawn with Bubble Beam!" Desmond called out, this time he had the commands in succession and his quicker response time seemed to yielded a better result.

Kricketune nodded, and used its wings for some short bust gliding as it avoided some of the rocks of Ancient Power before its used its sharpened appendages to slap them back and caused dust to kick up as it knocked away the immediate obstacles as it tried to close in on Bolly to deliver a Fury Cutter slash.

Politoed nodded and fired a series of bubbles at the fog that Skol released from its mouth, and the smooth bubbles helped to "push" the fog away to the sides as Politoed aimed to split it while it had shot bubbles at the Psychic type to try and attack back.

Adrianne Silvers (Normal Class: 96,094)
Tangelo Island, Orange Archipelago (June 2nd)

Aster seemed to notice the looks the Grafaiai was giving it and quickly decided it had not been a big fan as it moved closer to Adrianne as she watched the training with Reggie and its partner as it was decided patience was a good approach to things and Adrianne agreed. Pacing was a good piece of advice though her attention seemed to shift to her as training had been offered her side and the girl's eyes seemed to light up like a Christmas tree.

Adrianne hopped up as she decided to release all of her Pokemon, as Aqua the Azurill and Ace the Spearow popped out next to Aster with the former looking nervously but with a small smile, while the later had that intense expression it had been known for.

"Right right well for Aster I need it to learn Surf if what I've been told about the first of the Orange Crew is any indication. Though given I just caught it, I think just practice for me to get a feel of how it fights will do for the time being. Aerial Ace would be a handy move for Ace, having an attack of its typing that can't miss under most circumstances is always a plus. For Aqua, she is getting more comfortable in a fight but tips on how I can connect more with it to shake that nervous energy as well as learning Slam would help it in a pinch." Adrianne said as she explained what each of her Pokemon seemed to need least far as she had seen it.

Theo Hightower
Sunday - July 24th
Cianwood City, Johto

“....Ooh. I heard gym, I thought work out gym. Gods know you can smell this one a mile away.” And no, that wasn't a good thing. Not in his opinion. Obviously there was still a lot of learning he had left to do. The gym trainer/gym leader dynamic had its merits once he stopped to think about it. The students got their training, and the gym leaders had people whose judgment they could trust to assess an incoming trainer's abilities. It was...an unusual relationship in his opinion, but then again what wasn't when it came to the pokemon world. Learning that Arcanine was the preferred pokemon companion to police officers as opposed to Luxray who could see through objects really had him curious. What could be more beneficial than that? A large fire type dog pokemon? How? Breaking down the pokemon's name, he could only imagine a large either German Shepard or an English Mastiff with orange/red fur and, given the first part of their name being Ar, which he took to mean an A.R. Rifle mounted somewhere on the dog's body somewhere. That didn't sound like a pokemon he would want to be on the wrong side of. Bullets for theeth and knives for claws, the more he thought about it the more he wish he hadn't.

Theo shook the thoughts away when Charlotte asked if he had thought about whether he wanted Shinx to evolve, Theo offering a shrug in response. “I...don't know. If I want to be a strong trainer, evolutions the solution, isn't it? But right now I'm not even sure that's what I want. There's still...too many things I don't know. Yet. I need to take some time to sit down and read up on...everything, but every day is like a new adventure and I don't want to miss one. Does that make sense?” His Rotom Phone tinged with the arrival of the message from Naka, Theo nodding to her request to see his Totodile's moves. “Rotom, would you kindly scan Krem for Naka?” The Rotom Phone emerged on its own with a buzz and a whirling sound, doing as it was asked and showing Naka the requested information. It listed Krem's Species name, Parentage of a Feraligatr and a Tyranitar, Nickname, and currently known moves. “It's a lot of words I don't know what they do. I was going to see if we could head out of town so I could test some of these and see them for myself after we went to the gym, but this is about as far as we've gotten so far.” A quick glance to the Totodile and he continued “Of course, a battle might give me a good idea too. Aaand I think Krem needs that chip on his shoulder knocked off a bit too” he more whispered to the two, giving another nod to Charlotte. “Sure, you can watch. I don't mind. Krem might enjoy an audience.” He watched as the two headed dragon came over and began interacting with everyone, eyeing it for a few seconds before looking back over and seeing Naka's Sceptile, to whom he would offer a wave.

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Skol the king of gods, Bran the bronzor, Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~

With Skol's yawn being parted down the middle, Aldon came up with a new strategy on the fly.

"Use the fog for cover! Use zen headbutt to flank from the side!" Aldon called out. Using the fog as cover, Skol managed to avoid the blunt if the bubble beam as he used a tactical approach, getting grazed from the side before fully submerged in the fog. Like a torpedo, Skol shot out the side of the mist, ready to strike. Grin as carefree and innocent as ever. He turned to Bolly.

"Use rapid spin to parry those fury swipes!" Aldon called out. Bolly whipped its arms around at a whirlwind speed. Picking up dust and catching any strike before it could land. Kricketune's strikes were tough and deflecting took a deal of effort. The sound of clay against carapace could be heard in rapid succession as Bolly spun.

Last edited:
Charlotte Pryce
Date:
Sunday, July 24th
Mentions: Naka (Merciless Medic), Theo (Sir Krazz)

Charlotte sat down on the ground next to Theo's Shinx and her Luxray to watch. Those two were still playing together. It was kind of sweet really. She felt a little bad that Theo got flustered on some of the terminology. She forgot that he had only just started learning about Pokémon, where as she had been studying them for years.

She'd wanted to ask Theo more about his fear of the Unown, the one without a "k" in the name. During the Whirl Cup she gathered he was new to, well, everything, but the way he talked sometimes, it seemed like he lived in an entirely different world. She made a mental note to get to know him better.

"Go easy on him, Naka!" Charlotte hollered, though that did not seem likely. She doubted that Flareon would go easy on anyone. Hence, why she teased the trainer and not the Pokémon.

She crossed her legs and waited for them to begin. This was going to be good.

Rick
[July 19th] Ogi City, Whirl Islands - Johto
078.png
Rapidash ♀ [Iris] | Ability: Flash Fire | Condition: Normal | Meteonite Energy: Low
Agility​
Flare Blitz​
Heat Wave​
H. Horsepower​
Low Kick​
Protect​
Solar Blade​
Wild Charge​

"Okay, thanks." Rick replied, as Naka promised to keep the secret, and nodded as she mentioned it being used as a power source. "At least one group already tried to get their hands on it when I arrived at the ruins. Pretty sure many more would like to have it as well. And they don't need to be criminals. The idea of having pretty much a second sun in your office might be a bit too tempting." He told her, as they kept walking towards the docks.

Naka bought him the ticket and handed it to him. Rick grabed it and stared at it for a bit, while Naka also offered to give him her contact. "Yeah, why not. Since we work in the same region, it might come in handy." He said, pulling out a pen and a notepad. "If nothing else, to pay you back for the trip." He said with a grin. He later boarded the ship, as it prepared to set sail. "Welp! Nice to meet you. Thanks for the help, and I guess we'll see you soon." He said, waving at Naka before departing.

Esther
Sunday – Morning July 24
Cianwood City
Johto Region​
L’ensemble Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Halay-Alae (Houndour), Maçiera (Bounsweet), L’ Basseau (Surskit), Kasriel (G-Zigzagoon), Īstha Haq-Ra (Feebas)​

“The Gym Leader is busy with another challenger.”

“Oh! An olive-skinned girl, about yea-high, cute, and kinda air-headed?”

“Wha—no, it was a man. Another one of those Dojo Breakers.”

Esther deflated. Definitely wasn’t Reina then. Was she too early? Or had she missed them entirely? Whatever, she could make a call after her own gym challenger. More importantly, “So...what’s a Dojo Breaker?”

“Hmm, I guess you could say they’re a type of fighting specialist trainer. They challenge dojos and collect plaques or some proof of victory. They're like normal gym challengers, but usually, they want to earn enough infamy to establish their own dojo. I think this one’s a bit too cocky to challenge the Cianwood Gym though.”

“Oh," Esther looked thoughtfully towards the sliding doors, behind which the sweet song of combat rang—faint, but audible. She nodded her thanks and took a seat. It sounded like the battle had just started so she'd be waiting for a while. Oh well, plenty of time to strategize!

$5330

Pokéflute

PokéToy

Practice Ball

Seal Case

--ADAM WESLEY--
11:31 AM - 7/24/XXXX - Cianwood City

Adam sighed as he stepped off of the boat, having spent a good amount of time coming here from the mainland, it still felt weird to be so far away from his parents, even if they could talk whenever they wanted with the phone they gave him for his 16th birthday, (they must've called him 10 times on that boat ride alone, and it would've been more if he didn't tell them to lay off a bit! He loved them a lot... But they could be overbearing a lot of the time)

He shook his head, vanquishing those thoughts from his mind as he tried to focus on his goal, a gym badge. the first step on his journey to becoming the best... (whatever that meant). He'd open his phone, opening the map and set a marker for the gym, following the path his phone set out for him... The wonders of technology!

Soon, he'd make his way to the gym. Seeing a girl by the entrance and assuming her to be staff, he'd tap her on the shoulder (trying to ignore the fact he had to stretch out to reach there..)

He was wearing a tight black shirt, with similar-colored pants and shoes. He wasn't wearing much else apart from his backpack, which was also black. Adam was 4'8 and had a slim build, smiling slightly and looking at her through black-rimmed glasses

"Hey.. Is this the gym?"

Esther
Sunday – Morning July 24
Cianwood City
Johto Region​

‘Huh, a kid...?’ Esther blinked and took a moment to inspect the boy who looked barely a few inches taller than Gene. Furthermore...all-black? Could this kid be...one of her people? There wasn’t much flare to the boy’s ensemble: plain black shirt, pants, shoes, backpack... it was quite unlike her own high-key gothic fashion. Although... hadn’t he asked her something?

“Ah, yes this is the Gym, but if you’re looking for a gym battle then I’ll have to disappoint you. The Gym leader’s already battling someone and I’m next! Heh, sorry, but you’ll have to join the line!” The sound of fighting in the other room increased and Esther heaved a dramatic sigh.

"It sounds like they're just getting into it; we might be here for a while. I'm Esther. Who might you be?"
$5330

Pokéflute

PokéToy

Practice Ball

Seal Case

--ADAM WESLEY--
11:33 AM - 7/24/XXXX - Cianwood City

Adam perked up as Esther confirmed his questions... Just to deflate as she made clear his position in the line, though it was kinda his fault for assuming someone wearing full gothic attire would have anything to do with the fighting gym, yeah. That was kinda dumb-

"Oh.. I'm Adam.." He said, sounding dissapointed. But maybe it could be a good thing? It isn't like he had much expereice with battling anyways, so maybe he could do some training here? He thought about asking to mock-battle the girl, but decided against it. Instead stepping out into the street and releasing Yanna, they had done this a few times before so Yanna knew what to do...

He'd bend down, grabbing the first thing he could find that wasn't anchored to the ground and picking it up, which happened to be a few pebbles. Yanna would fly a good distance away and the training would begin. Adam started throwing them as fast as he could, Yanna dodging all of the pebbled fairly easilly... He'd bend down to pick up some more before repeating the process. He'd keep this going until he was interupted.

Last edited:
June 20, Route 216, Ron "You're too big!" Towers.

The click of the door closing after Naka stepped out snapped Ron's eyes open. After a great night with the woman who had him drooling like a dog next to a steak, Ron had finally managed to get a good night sleep. This meant, he didn't dream anything. His night was just pitch black and silent. No nightmares no sad memories, nothing but his soul floating through space. It was peaceful and his heart rate had stayed steady for the entire night. But, it all ended once his eyes brought him back to reality.

With a slight snort, Ron forced himself to sit up. The aches his body had accumulated throughout the years making themselves present as his bones cracked and his muscles adjusted to the usual tensed sensation. His body feeling ten times heavier as he stood up and stretched his arms upward, his eyes darting to the snow in the window, only to remind him of the road ahead and the freezing temperatures they were to face, again.

With a burden on his back, Ron took a quick warm shower, put on his kilos of clothing on and headed out. Even his Espeon or Raichu refrained from leaving their PokeBalls because of the weather. The only one who welcomed the challenging temperatures was...

"Uff!" Ron stumbled as a familiar Pokemon shoved him to the side. It seemed Furia had snuck inside and slept outside of their room. Once Ron was out, she was heading outside, but unfortunately her trainer was in the way, so she shoved him to the side. Ron cursed under his breath as he regained his balance, watching the flaming badger lead the way out of the cabin. On the way out, the punk thanked the cook from the night before, nodded towards Naka and waved at Akira before finally stepping outside.

"You good after yesterday's fight?" Ron asked his starter Pokemon, the mean looking Typhloshion who seemed offended by the question. "Just making sure, no Pokemon center around here. I know you're eager to go, but we should wait for-" Ron stopped and shook his head. "Never mind, we don't have to wait for anyone. I'm sure once Naka gets Gwen they can catch up."

Finally, Furia seemed satisfied with her trainer. The badger lead the way, moving ahead with her flames peacefully waving in the cold air while Ron started walking after her. "I wonder what's worse? Making Furia wait or ditching Naka..."

Esther
Sunday – Morning July 24
Cianwood City
Johto Region​

”Pokédex No. 193 – Yanma: The Clear Wing Pokémon” said:
Yanma are some of the most agile fliers in the world. They can fly in any direction: forward, backward, up, down, left, and right; they can even hover in place. They flap their transparent wings extremely quickly, generating shockwaves strong enough to shatter glass and stun foes. Their compound eyes can turn 360˚, allowing them to see in virtually any direction.

Esther lowered her pokétch-dex. Throwing rocks for his Yanma to dodge; that was an interesting method of training but...

“Don’t you think that’s a little too easy? Yanma’s already a good flier and it has great vision, I don’t think a rock or two is gonna be much of a challenge to it. If you really want to give your Yanma a workout then how about I lend you a hand?”

With a grin Esther brandished the firs—uhhhh, no, she couldn’t use Pyrrha. Okay then the second—eeer, no, that somehow seemed...unfair. Fine, then...thiiird? Yep! Esther brandished the third pokéball on her waist, a challenging grin on her lips.

“What say you?”

$5330

Pokéflute

PokéToy

Practice Ball

Seal Case

--ADAM WESLEY--

"W-Well.." Adam looks over at her, picking his words, "It's more.. Training to avoid attacks you aren't focused on?"

He wasn't sure about his wording, but Adam thought it was good enough to get his point across, "He's kinda been staring at you the whole time, so he'd been using his other senses to dodge the rocks...

Upon closer inspection, Adam was right. Yanna had been giving Esther the death glare of the century the whole time, the bug's small pupils compared to its eyes making it somewhat hard to notice when you aren't looking for it. Buy Yanna was watching her every move regardless.

"Well- you can join in if you want.."​

Esther
Sunday – Morning July 24
Cianwood City
Johto Region​

Esther opened her mouth to protest—couldn’t Yanma see 360˚ at once? Then again, why fuss over the details? It was neither here nor there to her and besides, it would be prudent of her to avoid conflict. Esther shut her mouth and skeptically eyed the boy and his Yanma. She raised an eyebrow when she noticed how intensely the Yanma was staring—was it...glaring at her? How rude.

Eventually, she shrugged. “If you say so.”

“Maybe I wasn’t direct enough earlier but,” she hoisted her pokéball. “I was asking if you wanted to battle, but if you’d rather continue with your training..."

$5330

Pokéflute

PokéToy

Practice Ball

Seal Case

Reginald Valerias​

Date: June 2
Location: Tangelo Island Pond near Pokemon Center, Orange Archipelago
Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus, Jones the Frillish, Legion the White-Striped Basculin
WCS Rank: 72,758

Interactions: Briar Hightower (ThAtGuY101), Adrianne Silvers (Godjacob)

Reggie realized his ramblings went unheard - or maybe not understood or weren't commented on. Maybe he should just... Not do that next time. He needed to be more succinct. He couldn't help himself though, he always ended up gushing and rambling like that with things he knew. Though, the fact they didn't really say anything about what he said was a bit disheartening.

Today just wasn't his day, was it? First, he nearly drowned and lost Legion, he got beat by a Surskit and a Magikarp, and then finding out Legion's oddball way of evolution? He sighed.

He noticed the Grafaiai was seemingly wanting to draw on the Staryu's gem, seeing her colorful fingers held out. Adrianne released her Azurill and Spearow, and he looked over at Staryu. He nodded with a smile at her plan. "Well, let's see if Aster knows any Water-Type moves. It's easier to learn a move if you have another move of a similar type. I think Staryu should know Water Gun now, unless there's another Water-Type move they know. As for Ace, what Flying-Type moves does he know? And what Normal-Type moves does Azurill know? Aerial Ace, Surf, and Slam should be moves your Pokemon can learn naturally if I'm remembering correctly. I'll need to check, but it'll be quicker for them to learn those if we start now if they can learn it naturally through experience. Do we have another island to get to before we head to... Whatever one we need to be on?" He had forgotten which island the first gym was at and he chuckled sheepishly. "I uh... Forgot."

Patting Legion on the head, he returned the fish and got up, grabbing a towelette from his backpack he laid nearby to dry off his legs and feet before putting on his socks and shoes again. "As for nervous energy, I usually do this little ritual for Missy before she fights. She doesn't like fighting and gets nervous because she doesn't want to get hurt or look bad in front of others, but she doesn't want to disappoint me either." He released his Misdreavus, who quickly hid behind Reggie with a soft, startled squeak, making him chuckle. "Sometimes, if the situation calls for it and you're unable to do it, it's fine to forgo the little ritual as the pressure to perform is outweighed by the actual seriousness of the situation. But if it's nothing serious like a trainer battle, it doesn't hurt to do it every once in a while." He reached behind and petted her head, Missy humming as she was slowly moved in front of Reggie as his fingers ran through her ghostly, floating hairs on the side, a ghostly aura making his hand glow with a slight purple energy.

He looked over at Briar and smiled. "Does any of your Pokemon know Surf? I figure maybe your Tentacruel might."

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 19 (26yo)
Location: Pokemon Center, Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Silenus the Sceptile, Hattie the Hatterene

Interactions: Rick (Ridge)

Oh, one group already tried stealing it? Naka sighed. Of course, there were going to be those people who couldn't help but get their hands on everything they wanted. She chuckled at his comparison to it being a second sun and she nodded. "Oh, I bet."

After sharing phone numbers, she chuckled at his want to pay him back. "Anything to help me in my research with Pokemon psychology and genetics will be enough to pay me back." Once he boarded the ship, she waved him off. "Nice meeting you, too! You're welcome and hope you have a nice trip back home!"

She watched the boat leave for a while, until it was finally out of the dock. She then turned on her heel and walked towards the hotel she was supposed to be staying at, but decided she couldn't stay any longer.

She needed to go for a swim.

Nakano Saito​

Getting more pets, Orochi barked quietly, licking her hand. Wondering if he wanted belly rubs, Orochi leaned one side, wrapped his wings around his body, then rolled over like a watermelon. His little stubby legs wiggled in the air until he got his belly rubs, his entire body going slack with a loud purr.

Hearing Charlotte wanted to get in on the gym, she smiled. "Well, ya might have to wait, sadly. I think someone's in there right now."

Theo's realization that a gym wasn't an actual work out gym had her laughing. "It's a Fighting-Type gym, it's gonna smell of sweat and B.O.. You won't smell it that often with an actual training gym." Though, Naka could have shown Theo what an Arcanine looked like, she wanted to let his imagination run wild. She had no idea what he thought an Arcanine was like, so she'd just have to pick his brains later.

Though, Naka clicked her tongue as Theo said 'evolutions the solution'. "No. It's training. Evolution can raise the potential of a Pokemon's threshold for such, but if you don't train them, that potential won't be reached. I've had Flareon over here beat a Graveler back when he was an Eevee. While Eevee did have a super-effective attack to use against Graveler, it was Fluffy's superior training that won him that fight. Being strong doesn't mean evolving your Pokemon, that's only a small bit of that. Being a strong trainer means understanding your Pokemon and coming up with strategies for them. Strength can only get you so far until you plateau. At that point, it's only a matter of what kind of strategies you come up with to get ahead of the game. For now, you're on the right track, but you'll need to understand your Pokemon first if you want to reach their potential. A strong trainer will tend to lose sight of their Pokemon's needs, as well, and we don't want you turning into that." She smiled at the end, but it was more of a polite smile. She wasn't really scolding him, but her tone was firm still, as if to instill this part of knowledge in his head before he got carried away.

As Naka looked over Krem's moves, she nodded. "Huh... Father was a Tyranitar. No wonder he lusts for battle. Tyranitar is the pseudo-legendary of Johto. Pseudo-Legendaries are Pokemon who are incredibly strong but also quite rare. Their power is like that of mini legendaries from Wish." She chuckled. "As for his moves, he's got a wonderful set already. Just from being born? Fascinating..." She looked at the Totodile with awe. She grinned.

"Well, you learn better if you see the moves yourself when you call them out. Krem." She looked down at the Totodile, offering him a huge smile. "Your trainer needs some help learning, and you'll be a great help if you listen to him so he knows what your moves look like. You'll be fighting Fluffy, too. Don't get carried away now, okay? Otherwise, you won't be a strong Feraligatr when you grow up because your human won't grow with you." Her tone was placating, as if she was trying to please the pride in Krem to listen to his trainer for the time being.

Charlotte's hollering had Naka laughing and she shook her head, walking away from Theo before stopping and whirling on her heel, her Sceptile walking over to Charlotte and Hatari to watch, while Orochi continued to roll in the sand and beg for belly rubs. "You'd be surprised how good of a teacher Fluffy is, Charlotte. Don't let his gruff nature fool you."

She then set her sights on Theo, a challenging look in her gaze. "Alright, Fluffy." The Flareon, who had been staring down the Totodile, lifted his head up in proud defiance and walked towards his trainer's side of the field, then turned around. Initially, he pawed the sand, almost kneading it as if it were the more interesting thing than his opponent. Eventually however, he stood straight on all fours and glared down the Totodile, his body poised and ready to dodge anything that Totodile sent his way.

Chuck​

Date: July 24
Pokemon Team: Poliwrath, Primeape, Hitmontop

Battling: Reina Cortez and Viridis the Scyther (Hecotoro) vs Hitmontop
Stats: +1 Atk

The Hitmontop awaited for Viridis to move. Like Chuck, they didn't find just smashing their opponent while they were down as good sportsmanship, so they waited until Viridis was standing.

Once the bug stood, the Hitmontop was about to run forward, only to pause from the Leer, his body shivering as his defense fell. Then, there were multiples of the glaring bug.

"Triple Kick!" Chuck roared, the Hitmontop spinning on his head and his feet shining as he whirled about the battlefield to destroy the clones to find the real copy as fast as possible.

Adrianne Silvers (Normal Class: 96,094)
Tangelo Island, Orange Archipelago (June 2nd)

Adrianne listened to Reggie as he seemed to offer some advice to her, more specifically a sense of what moves she had that matched the types of the moves she wanted her Pokemon to learn. The logic being it will be easier for them to learn those moves if they had an experience within a similar typing.

"Alright, that makes sense! Let me see..." Adrianne said with some visible enthusiasm as she checked her Pokedex for the current moves her team had known, she read through Aqua, Aster and Ace respectively as she paid attention to typing with the moves before she relayed what she had known to him.

"Alright for Aqua, she knows Tail Whip, Sing and Splash as her Normal moves. Wait, Splash is a Normal move? Am I wrong thinking that is weird?" Adrianne asked before she realized she got off topic as she talked about her Azurill's moves and focused on Ace next.

"Ace seems to know Peak as his current one Flying Type move." Adrianne explained as her Spearow looked on with that intense gaze as she had not been sure if it was proud of disappointed in this fact. "And I believe the only Water Type move Aster knows is Water Gun." Adrianne said as she provided the full context behind her team's specific type required moves while the Staryu had kept a measured distance around the monkey who eyed its jewel.

Desmond seemed to notice how Aldon immediately was able to respond and he had to adapt quickly, this had not been his area of expertise but he'd least not try to fold immediately.

"Politoed keep your eyes peeled and use Water Gun! Kricketune keep striking don't let up!" Desmond called out quickly and his Pokemon replied to the best of their ability. Politoed had to try and scan the fog that was previously its Yawn, trying to keep its eye peeled and prepared a Water Gun, but Skol in spite of how it appeared was deceptively fast and just as it caught a sound of it it charged with a Zen Heabutt!

"Poli!" Politoed cried out as it was slammed in the gut and knocked back tumbling, and yet in spite of the blow as Desmond cried out in worry, it fired a stream of water almost on reflex and least tried to hit the Slowpoke back with a Water Gun!

Kricketune in turn seemed to nod and powered on its FUry Cutter, as it shot its appendages as aggressively and fast as it could, trying to brute force its way through the Rapid Spin gurd as the exchange of blows seemed like something out of a martial arts movie. The question was, whether Kricketune had the ability to keep the pace going or if the Rapid Spin guard would hold.

--ADAM WESLEY--

360-degree vision doesn't necessarily mean Yanna can focus on everything at once, So the death stare the dragonfly was affording her dtill made it much harder to dodge.

"O-Oh.. Battle..?" Adam seemed unsure, what if the gym challenge ended while they were still battling..? But, he seemed to be interested regardless.

"Y-Yeah, we can battle.." He gestured Yanma over, the dragonfly perching on his shoulder quickly, only breaking it's focus on the girl for a moment before continuing to watch... Esthers energy was rubbing off on him slightly, and Adam seemed more excited for the battle to more he thought about it...​

Theo Hightower
Sunday - July 24th
Cianwood City, Johto

“Ooh. I see. Training. Hard work. Dedication. Maybe a little bit of luck, yeah? They need to change the lyrics to that song then.” He knew he had heard the phrase 'evolutions the solution if you want to win' a few times on the boat ride from Red Rock to here, so he figured that seemed pretty right. An evolved pokemon is stronger naturally, so he would want evolved pokemon to be a strong trainer. But it also made sense that a weaker pokemon could defeat a stronger one given the right training, even if he didn't recognize the names of the pokemon she used in her example. He had to chuckle as well, knowing about the Wish knock offs from his world. Just one more thing to add to must the must exist everywhere list. While he pondered trying to decide what Fluffy the Flareon evolved from Krem would look up to the woman as she spoke to him, flexing his arms to show off, nodding when she said his trainer needed some help. That much was evident even to the Totodile. He didn't just need help, he needed all the help he could get. He looked from her to the fire type and back to her again when she said he would be his opponent, a toothy grin coming across his face. Good. It was time he got to show off what he could do against the weaker type.

Theo looked back up when Charlotte called for Naka to go easy on Krem, Theo shaking his head and mouthing. “No. Don't go easy on him.” he had a chip on his shoulder that needed to be cut down to size. “Cmon Krem. Gotta take our places.” As they walked he turned the page on his Rotom Phone back to Krem's moves, wondering now what a Tyranitar was if it was a Wish legendary. Strong and rare. It had to be either incredibly powerful looking, or absolutely derpy. There was no inbetween with this sort of thing. “Forgive me. I don't have all these memorized yet. I'm just gonna call one out and see what it does. Uh....Dragon Dance.” This was it. His first battle as a trainer with his own pokemon. It was a first for the Totodile as well. Battling pokemon other than the other two at the too smart man's house. The Totodile jumped in the air in response to the call for the Dragon Dance, his form outlining purple while he was in the air but dissipating before he hit the ground again. Seeing the Flareon knead the ground and ignoring him only pissed the Totodile off, Theo looking to his water type with a confused look. “That...that didn't do anything. That was useless. Alright, next....Hydro Pump?” The Totodile inhaled deeply before shooting a streak of water in the Flareon's direction with all the force of a fire hose, with one small hiccup. The force of the water was so strong that it also sent the Totodile flying backwards right in to Theo and toppling the two over, which in turn knocked the Hydro Pump attack itself off course entirely. Theo managed to catch the Totodile and hold him steady until he ended the attack, Theo letting out a pained sigh. “Was it supposed to do that?? I feel like it wasn't supposed to do that. Alright we're not doing that again.” he managed to say as he let go of the baby gator, who stood and growled at his trainer.

“What I'm still learning ok? You didn't know it was going to do that either.” Theo joking growled back, which only made the Totodile growl deeper. First the fire type was challenging him, now his own human!?! What was next, the blue cat duo? He could take em!! Rolling his eyes as he stood as well, looking to Naka and Charlotte. “Sorry! We're gonna figure this out! Alright let's see.” This was more difficult than he thought it was going to be. Ah, ok. We'll try this one. Hopefully it won't back fire. “Try...try this Dragon Claw thing.” Krem flexed his hands to see if anything happened, and when nothing did he tried again. This only fueled his anger, the Totodile lunging towards the Flareon. Krem moved faster than Theo had given the Totodile credit for being able to move. He was genuinely impressed. As he ran he continued to flex his hands to get the Dragon Claw attack to fire off, and for just a second as he got near both Naka and her Flareon would see that his claws did in fact sparkle with the same purple energy as his Dragon Dance did before fading out again, the Totodile ultimately having to rely on his regular Scratch attack if the Dragon Claw didn't want to stick.

Charlotte Pryce
Date:
Sunday, July 24th
Mentions: Naka (Merciless Medic), Theo (Sir Krazz)

Trying not to laugh, Charlotte drew her lips into a tight pucker. Unfortunately, the snorting sound that escaped through her nose made it clear that she thought the Totodile's accident was hilarious. Unfortunately, the Totodile didn't seem to think so.

"It's okay! You'll get it!"

Charlotte meant for these shouts of encouragement to be for Krem as well as Theo. The former, however, seemed to be losing his cool. When Theo told his Pokémon to use Dragon Claw, she couldn't help smiling a little bit. Krem may have had trouble learning these moves, but he was clearly determined. In time, Charlotte suspected the Totodile would become a force to be reckoned with. For now Charlotte sat back with Orochi, Hatari, and Theo's Shinx to watch the show. She imagined Naka's Flareon would counter attack any second, unless it wanted to draw this out by setting up it's defenses. Flareon, Charlotte recalled, had decent attack and special defense base stats, but it's average defense left something to be desired. She wasn't sure what kind of training this Flareon had. For all she knew "Fluffy" was merely a cover to hide a tank of a Pokémon.

"If this works out, I may make Krem v. Fluffy T-shirts."

She rubbed Orochi's belly, waiting for the action to heat up. This was a perfect way to pass the time while waiting to enter a Gym. It also served as the perfect opportunity to size Theo and Naka up for when Charlotte gathered the nerve to challenge them to a match, or in Naka's case, a rematch.

July 24th, Cianwood City, Reina Amaranta Esmeralda de la Santa Cruz Caballero Cortez, Rank 29,574.

One by one, Viridis lost her clones, until the Triple Kick was coming directly at her. With a quick reflex, Viridis shot two Air Slash at her enemy, making it slow down enough for her to move out of the way.

Reina began to get frustrated, they had a big advantage and yet they still couldn't take the fighting Pokemon down. It seemed she was going to need a bigger offense.

"Fine, let's go all out, Double Hit!"

The Scyther landed softly on the arena and joined her scythes together, gaining a white glow on them as she prepared her next two attacks. "Focus on the weak spot!" Reina called out, wanting to take advantage of the Focus Energy. They both waited for their opponent to be ready, wanting to go all out against their power.

"Now, Wing Attack!"

Viridis expanded her wings and dashed forward. The idea was for her to connect the first impact and then quickly follow up with a second hit, using Double Hit as a boost.

Esther
Sunday – Morning July 24
Cianwood City
Johto Region​

Esther’s face brightened with a blossoming smile, “That’s great! I think I saw a training field in the room on the right.” She beckoned Adam to follow her, boldly—audaciously—co-opting the gym’s rooms for her own purposes. Since no one stopped her, she figured it was fine. “We want to be able to hear when the gym battle ends, and we also don’t want to hurt our pokémon too much—Gym battle and all—so let’s keep things fun and friendly.”

A moment of observation revealed the room was large, mostly wood, and dominated by an indoor battlefield that was created from some form of mat-type material. Esther took the trainer box on the far side of the room and spun to face her soon-to-be opponent. The pokéball she’d held popped open and the plump, round form of a Bounsweet. A hard scowl marred the grass-type’s otherwise cute features, but it was hardly unusual for the pink-ish fruit.

“Cheer up, Çiera! Adam here agreed to battle us, isn’t that great~?”

$5330

Pokéflute

PokéToy

Practice Ball

Seal Case

--ADAM WESLEY--
11:35 AM - 7/24/XXXX - Cianwood City

"Okay..!" Adam returns Yanna to their ball and follows behind Esther, the boy certainly had reservations about walking into the gym like they owned the place and using one of the training rooms for themselves. But certainly not enough the question her. Instead deciding to survey the surroundings for a moment

"Yeah... That works, go on Yanna.."

Adam would re-release Yanma, the bug appearing on his shoulder and quickly flying to the ground to survey it's opponent. It had a very similar expression to the bounsweet, though an aura of nervousness came from it and Adam regardless

Esther
Sunday – Morning July 24
Cianwood City
Johto Region​

Esther hummed. For a moment, Adam’s choice of pokémon had Esther wondering. Did he only have one pokémon? Yanna, was it? It was hard to say because Yanma had a good match-up against grass-types like Çiera anyway.

“Let’s see if that training of yours did any good—Sweet Scent, lay it on thick!”

The Oblivian leaned back and allowed her eyes to hover over the battlefield.

Çiera bounced in place to work up a sweat that wafted into the air. Her large leaves fanned, both releasing clouds of pollen and actively spreading it around her. Soon enough the Bounsweet was hidden from sight, lost in the saccharine cloud.

“And now move around with Rapid Spin!”

The pink cloud shifted and swirled, churned by the Bounsweet hidden somewhere near its center. Slowly, it crept closer towards Yanna. Slowly, but surely.

$5330

Pokéflute

PokéToy

Practice Ball

Seal Case

--ADAM WESLEY--
11:35 AM - 7/24/XXXX - Cianwood City

Unluckily for Esther and her pokemon. Theie attempt at hiding was entirely innefecitve, Yanna's Compound Eyes letting him see right through the could of pollen.

"Fly up, then gust!"

Adam gained newfound confidence as he realised the above, Yanma flying into the air as ordered and is unleashing a harsh wind with his wings, Zeroing the attack directly onto the bounsweets location and threatening to blow the pollen away in Esther's direcrion and block her view of the battle

Esther
Sunday – Morning July 24
Cianwood City
Johto Region​

Esther covered her face with a hand as the cloud of sweet scent was blown back onto her. Gust was a versatile move and the strong winds meant smoke screens wouldn’t be effective at all. In spite of that, Esther was unperturbed. She expected at least that much.

Çiera took a direct hit, but she was a tough girl. She could weather a gust or two, but more than that would be pushing it... For now, she’d just make it hard to hit them.

“Get moving Çiera, Rapid Spin!”

The Bounsweet picked up speed, noticeably faster than earlier, and spun off to Yanma’s right. Yanma could see from many angles but that didn’t mean it could attack from those angles as easily. If they could stay to its flanks then they’d have an easier time.

$5330

Pokéflute

PokéToy

Practice Ball

Seal Case

~Aldon Charlton...~

Aldon glanced over at Desmond then back at their pokemon. He had his kricketune going with Bolly, shot for shot and politoad was holding his own with Skol pretty well too. Aldon looked towards Bolly and kricketune.

"Go for a mud slap" Aldon called out. In the midst of of rapid spin, Bolly lowered his arm, grabbing a scoop of dirt and flinging it at the face of kricketune. Aldon turned to Skol and politoad. After landing a hit, politoad retaliated with a water gun of its own. Hitting Skol, which it may have been resistant too, but managed to cause the hippo to helplessly fall down. Skol got up moments later.

"Use water pulse!" Aldon called out. Skol excitedly held his paws in the air. Water began to form in between them in the shape of a ball. throwing it at politoad, Skol fell down again moments after tossing it. Making his way to his feet.

--ADAM WESLEY--
11:36 AM - 7/24/XXXX - Cianwood City

Adam smiled to himself proudly, genuinely surprised he had gotten himself into such an advantageous position. Esther going on the defensive and letting him go for another attack... It almost felt too easy, but he quickly cast that concern aside to give Yanna more orders.

"Okay, Signal beam!" He shouted, the Yanma following his orders swiftly and turning to fire off a signal beam. Which would be nearly impossible to dodge due to the attack being comprised of light, Esther didn't have long to act.

Esther
Sunday – Morning July 24
Cianwood City
Johto Region​

Now or never!

Esther grinned and punched forward. “Full Speed! Then Magical Leaf behind you!”

After two Rapid Spins, Maçiera was spry and limber, her speed much faster than at the start of the battle. The sudden acceleration allowed her to pull out of the signal beam’s path; the prismatic beam scored a glancing blow to her side rather than a direct hit. That wasn't all though, as Maçiera released a rainbowed assortment of leaves in her wake.

As Maçiera zoomed off to Yanna’s right, the magical leaves zoomed to his left. Both were steadily homing in on their target. If Yanna focused on one, the other would quickly take his rear—they had been maneuvered into a pincer attack!

$5330

Pokéflute

PokéToy

Practice Ball

Seal Case

Desmond course didn't seem to see the pride, he had been merely trying to keep up at this pace and Aldon always seemed to throw new curveballs the photographer's way.

"Block the mud!" Desmond called out as Kricketune's eyes widened and it managed ot get one of its appendages up and cut into the Mud Slap, but not only had some broken though for a hit but some got in its eye as Kricketune was forced back and tried to shake it out. "Tune!"

Politoed panted as it rolled up to its feet, certainly the Zen Headbutt did more damage to it than the Water Gun had to Skol but least it got some distance as Aldon called out Water Pulse and the Slowpoke seemed to produce a ball-shaped chunk of it and threw it towards Politoed as Desmond knew he needed to act quickly. "Jump over it and use Body Slam!" Desmond called out and with a great hope Politoed jumped over the Water Pulse and attempted to press its body down as it sailed towards Skol.

--ADAM WESLEY--
11:36 AM - 7/24/XXXX - Cianwood City

"Sonicboom! ignore the leaves!"

Yanma ummediately shot to the right, staring tbe bounsweet down as they approached and preparing his wings for the attack.

Yanna was staggered by the magical leaves colliding against his back, but only for a moment. And they had little effect apart from that, being 4x resisted. In a moment the Yanma would use their powerful wings to create a Sonicboom, hopefully intercepting the boinsweet before they could attack