• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Reina Cortez, July 24th, Cianwood, Johto.

Reina smiled at Emma and waved her off, "Thanks, appreciate it." She felt a bit bad for having basically ran off her company, but she wasn't in the mood to gain a new group member, that was an Esther thing anyways. She should go seek out Esther though?

The Metztli native sighed and looked at the waves, almost having forgotten the reason she was there in the first place. It was time to end it all, to end the story, she couldn't go on. "It's time Diva."

The Clefairy took in a deep breath and stood next to her trainer. They both faced the roaring waves, looked down at the sand and then...

"The sun'll come out tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow
There'll be sun
Just thinkin' about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow
'Til there's none
When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely
I just stick up my chin and grin and say, oh
The sun'll come out tomorrow
So you gotta hang on 'til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow
You're always a day away"

As Reina walked down the beach singing her heart out with Diva spinning and dancing behind her, the bad thoughts began to fade away, her mind began to relax and Chuck began to chuckle...

"Chuck?!" The girl stopped, blushing red as she had been discovered.

The fighting gym leader burst into a loud laughter. "Sorry about that! Wasn't expecting a show. I came looking for ya, I have an idea you might like."

Reina stopped trying to hide her face and her green eyes lit with curiosity. "An idea, for what?"

While the gym leader explained his plan, Reina grew more and more excited. She couldn't believe such an offer was being thrown her away. The only thing that wasn't letting her fully enjoy the good news, was the team she had been traveling with. As Chuck bead her farewell, Reina smiled and bowed to thank the man for his generosity. Once again, she found herself alone with Diva.

My dear comrades, I have come across an amazing opportunity! Chuck, this city's gym leader, happens to be a friend of my master back home. They have arranged for me to train under Chuck for now. With a heavy heart, I say goodbye, for now. I wish you all the best and we meet again in the future!- Sincerely, Reina.

It didn't feel right to stop in the middle of her journey to do a training session, but Chuck was right. There was something missing, she had the potential, she knew it, but it always felt she won her battles by a string of luck. It was for her own good, even if it meant saying bye to the group. There was just one person she wasn't comfortable saying goodbye to with just a group message.

Hey! Want to have dinner or lunch before you leave?

Reina pressed send, delivery the text to Esther. She put her phone away and kept walking down the beach, towards a stone up ahead, where she would take a break, trying to digest everything happening.

Montagne Khastil
July 6 Rivière Walk (Route 7), Kalos

Monty eyes darted back and forth, trying to get a read on the situation. He didn't recognize the swarming Pokémon flying zig-zags every which way, but he was fairly certain they were Bug-Types. That made them a poor match against—

"Chauffe, up and over! Give 'em some covering fire!" The criminal crouched down, and his Houndour understood the assignment perfectly. The canine broke into a run, JUMPED! onto his trainer's back, SPRUNG! over the fence, and hit the ground sprinting toward Esther and her team. Monty was confident in the cavalry he sent in, but knowing Chauffe he'd need help navigating multiple opponents. That meant it was his turn to hop over.

"Better to ask forgiveness than permission right now," he said to Azumi as he placed his hands on the top of the fence and hoisted himself up. He and Oracle hit the ground in tandem, though the latter simply cleared the fence in one jump, and the former turned back to his companion to rhetorically ask, "You coming?"

With no time to waste, Monty took off running toward the center of the battle just as Chauffemagne made his entrance.

FWOO-FWOO-FWOOSH!

A rapid fire barrage of <<Embers>> soared through the air, narrowly missing all but one of the swarming Yanma. Chauffemagne barked triumphantly as the insects flight became more erratic, and smoke poured from his snout as he rushed to Esther's pack. The Alpha gave him a task, and he happily obliged. Chauffe skidded to a halt with Esther's pack behind him, and he braced himself and threw his head back as he took in a huge breath.

The insects wanted to dodge his flames? Let them try and dodge this.

"RU-RU-RUUUFF!"

Chauffemagne's head SNAPPED! forward, and his teeth were bared as he let loose a <<ROAR>>! A cone of sound rushed from the Houndour's jaws, hurtling toward a cluster of the swarming insects.

Adrianne Silvers (Normal Class: 96,094)
Tangelo Island, Orange Archipelago (June 2nd)
Interactions:
@ThAtGuY101 (Briar) @kyuukestu (Safari Zone Worker)​

"Indeed, should be in easy walking distance, how exciting!" Adrianne said as she seemed to eye the path they needed to travel here but decided that they would begin to move when Reggie returned as she had no wanted him to get lost trying to catch up given it had been his first time on this island.

Far as plans went, Adrianne seemed to rub her chin in thought, before she glanced over to the side and saw a few Trainers who seemed to chat and one of them least had a WCS screen on display as she seemed to shimmer a bit at the chance but before she acted glanced over to Briar.

"Well, maybe I'd like to sneak a battle in before we go. If of course you are cool with it." Adrianne said sheepishly towards Briar.

Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Safari Zone, Johto (July 24th)

Interactions: @ThAtGuY101 (Aldon & Skol the Slowpoke)​

Aldon was a character, something Desmond had long ago learned but he kept finding ways to top himself with his colorful declaration to the way he seemed to ask around as they tried to find someone of the staff here as Desmond wondered if they had perhaps already sent people to deal with the Aggron but either way they still needed someone to help them reunite with their group given the manner in which they had been separated.

"Well, you seem to know how to flavor a request." Desmond admitted as Aldon outlined their needs but it remained to be seen if someone was here to help them as they had to just wait for the time being for someone to greet them and he hoped it was soon.

And indeed, someone seemed to come and offer their word here. Seemed to be a big case of "sorry but we can't do much" as a lot of this chaos seemed to be expected even if the Aggron seemed to break whatever safety lines Desmond anticipated and it seemed they lacked any Rangers on hand as they seemed busy which Desmond seemed visibly bothered by.

He sighed, then tried to find words.

"So what do you suggest then? Do you least know if this rampaging Aggron i under control? Don't think we feel comfortable wandering the Safari with that on the loose." Desmond asked the Safari Zone worker as he hoped the employee least had some update on that situation.

During this...

Politoed blinked a bit as Skol seemed to not hear the frog's question, honestly what went through its mind had fascinated Politoed who had taken a seat next to it as the frog seemed to sense much wisdom it simply lacked understanding in from it.

"Toed. Polit~" (Yeah, Desmond said they can't have Pokemon in the Safari. A shame it sounded fun~") Politoed explained to Aldon's ace.

Thursday, July 24th – 2:55 pm
Esther
Safari Zone,
Johto​
『 Pyrrha | Halay | Maçiera | Kasriel | L’ Basseau | Īstha | Pari』​
Interactions: Reina Cortez (@Hecotoro)

Esther lowered the PokéFlute and was pleased to find Pyrrha had, at some point in her song, nodded off. The Oblivian returned her partner to her pokéball after planting a soft kiss on her scales. She re-attached the pokéball to her waist, blissfully listening to the click of metal as the pokéball slotted into her magnetic belt. Although Pyrrha had been soothed that still left Esther with one problem—Naka. Their little experiment had worked, but… “I don’t think I’ll be able to do that often, sorry. Maybe if you really need a break, I’ll think of some way to calm Pyrrha down.”

Silence followed. Esther had planned to ask Naka a few questions, but it seemed awfully inappropriate to pose her questions now. She’d shelf her queries for later. That said, well…she didn’t really know how to follo—Bzz!

Her eyes flickered over to her pokétch. So, Reina was finally breaking the news to the rest of the group?

“Uhh…I guess this is as good a time as any but…I think I’ll be heading to Kalos once we return to Olivine. I’ve already got two badges in the Kalos region, and I don’t think I could pivot and challenge the Silver Conference this late in the season.”

While she broke the news of her own departure, she also made a swift reply to Reiina—‘Sure! I think I saw a restaurant earlier today, Cianwood is supposed to be famous for their Udon so maybe we can try some of that?’

$??? | Pokéball x??? | PokéToy | Practice Ball | Pokéflute | Unidentified Fossil

Quilt Set

Hammock Set

First-Aid Kit

Flashlight

Toiletries

Water Bottle (1/2 Gallon)

Water Purifier & Filter

Gothic Lolita Set (Clothing)

Lace Set (Clothing)

Chic Asymmetry Set (Clothing)

Kilt & Ballet Flats

Winter Gear (Clothing)

Climbing Gear

Swimwear

Detachable Rollerblades

Azumi Towers

"I hope this doesn't show up on my record." Azumi mumbled to herself as she climed over the fence. Once she landed safely on the other side, she looked up at the swarm of Yanma.

"Smart move on the Roar Chauffemagne!" Azumi called out, instead of congratulating the trainer. "We have to try and not damage the crops. Nimbus! Try to sleep any stray that tries to continue the attack!"

With orders reaching her, the Alteria began to let out a smoothie melody, the Sing attack directed at the swarm of Pokemon, hopping to make them think twice before following up after the roar.

" Do you need medical attention?" Azumi said to Esther as they approached her and her team.

Safari Zone Employee #69
Safari Zone,
Johto​
Interactions: Aldon Charlton (@ThAtGuY101) | Desmond Andrews (@Godjacob)

“I’d suggest you leave it to the Rangers; we don’t allow trainer battles her for a reason. There’s a high-density of pokémon in the Safari Zone and too much commotion might cause them to rampage. If things really take a turn for the worst, the Safari Zone will be closed until everything’s under control. I do hope your friends are okay, but having more people endangering themselves in the Safari Zone isn’t beneficial to the situation at large.”

Truthfully, this employee was just a receptionist and certainly not qualified to weigh in on how well or poorly the rangers were handling the Aggron situation. Given the rampaging Steel type had already blown a hole through one of the Safari Zone’s walls though…well, he had his own guesses.

Reina Cortez, July 24th, Cianwood, Johto.

A smile broke through Reina's face, had her heart slipped a beat? She looked down at Diva, who returned a suspicious look before getting sucked back in to her Pokeball. "Sorry amiga, but you're sitting this one out."

The green eyed trainer made her way back into town, walking quickly, not wanting to keep her date-er friend, waiting. She looked through her pocket size guide book, trying to find the specific restaurant that had Udon nearby. There seemed to be only one and that was down the street she was in. Confident in her punctuality, Reina walked into the Pokemon center first. She needed her team healed after the gym battle and had to take care of one more thing before the group left.

Meet me at this location, 8 sound good?

Once the date was settled, Reina focused on getting ready. She rented a room in the Pokémon Center, just for the one night. She was to move in with Chuck starting the next day. For some reason she wanted to look good when she and Esther parted ways. So, she focused on the remaining time to take a bath, pick out her clothes and freshen up. Once ready, 20 minutes before the appointment, she left the Pokémon Center with only six Pokeballs in her purse.

Upon arriving, she leaned against the window, peeking inside to see if she could spot Esther, making customers nervous in the process.

Last edited:

Wednesday, July 6th – 9:50 am
Esther
Route 7, Riviére Walk, Berry Fields,
Kalos​
『 Pyrrha | Kasriel | Maçiera | L’ Basseau | Pari | Houndour 』​
Interactions: Azumi Towers (@Hecotoro) | Montagne Khastil (@~Patriot~)

“I’m fine, my pokémon should be fine too but we need to…” The cacophony of a dozen pairs of hypersonic wings drowned out Esther’s voice. Between Chauffe’s Roar & Nimbus’ Sing, the Yanma had decided to fight sound with sound. The resulting «Supersonic» was downright deafening, swallowing Chauffe’s Roar and the subsequent sing with minimal difficult. The sound was a thousand times worse than nails on a chalkboard. The screaming wind brought Esther to her knees; hands clamped tightly over her ears as she sensed an incoming headache of seismic proportions. Esther swore she could hear glass shatter in the distance.

Through narrowed slits, Esther could see Pyrrha titter drunkly. The supersonic blast had rendered her thoroughly confused, there hadn’t even been a chance to dodge. As the sound began to dim, Esther returned both Pyrrha and Kasriel to her pokéballs. Not even Houndour had escaped a confusing fate, so Esther returned her too.

“Susu, it’s your turn—slow down those bugs, «Bubble»!”

Surskit burst from her pokéball and filled the air with floating bubbles. An unfortunate Yanma grazed a bubble, which immediately exploded and knocked it to the ground. The other Yanma took notice and avoided the remaining bubbles. At the least, she’d managed to reduce the amount of space the Yanma had to fly around in.

$6,320 | Pokéball x 0 | Practice Ball | PokéToy | PokéFlute

Quilt Set

Hammock Set

First-Aid Kit

Flashlight

Toiletries

Water Purifier & Filter

Lace Set (Clothing)

Winter Gear

Climbing Gear

Swimwear

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
Hammerlocke, Galar Region
August 2nd
WCS Rank: 70,203
Team: Monferno, Thwackey, Panpour, Togepi
Interactions: Cole Forrest(@Merciless Medic)

Wilford's brow perked up when he heard Cole mention Wallace. He was an interesting case: essentially being a substitute champion for Steven should he prove to be exceptionally busy. Despite this status, the rich young man could respect his skill regardless of the position he held, Top 4 is nothing to sneeze at. That said, his contest appearances seemed secondary to his battle prowess, nothing more than a fun hobby to take the edge off competitive battling. So while Wilford was willing to tolerate Cole waste his breath explaining who Wallace was, since there was no way for his travelling companion to become privy to his knowledge base, he wasn't willing to brush off as easily was Cole's misplaced criticism about brute force.

"At this phase of my career, very minimal strategy is required," Wilford's tone betrayed a hint of annoyance, though after a pause, he managed to regain a neutral delivery, "My strategies will become more complex as the challenges before me rise. For now, I am content to avoid overthinking these things. That being said, I appreciate your perspective, and I intend to cross those bridges when they arrive in my path."

Wilford had nothing to say about Cole's dissatisfaction towards his Pokémon. Then again, what was there to say? Though he hadn't known Cole for a long time, he figured that Cole was a practically minded person, leaving little need to wallow in disappointment. By now, the waiter had returned, asking each of them for their choice of food. Wilford ordered a Filet Mignon adorned with a wine sauce complimented by a serving of mashed potatoes and green beans. After thanking Wilford for his order, the waiter turned to Cole to hear his.

Undella Town, Unova - July 24​

The sun's rays shone upon the beach of Undella Town, beaming and lending its generous warmth to the air in tandem with the calm, sea breeze. The shrill cries of Wingull pierced the sky, though the shouts of delight and excitement from below were not to be outdone. Undella Town's shores were reasonably busy on a hot, July day, filled with people and Pokemon alike, a haven for those seeking relaxation, fun, the summertime vibes.

One such person here was Hubert Lee, who was currently reclining in a beach chair, quietly nodding off underneath the shade of a large umbrella. In his just barely conscious state, he held a glass halfway filled with a virgin Pecha Bellini, which was now rather diluted with melted ice, but his half-asleep grip was slowly weakening. Not only that, but as vulnerable as he now was, he would never be able to detect the narrowed gaze rested on him from not too far away....

Suddenly, a sharp, pinching sensation.

"GUH--?"

Splash!

Hubert's eyes snapped open as he jolted awake in his sleep, roused by the pain in his right arm then sobered by the cocktail he'd thrown onto himself in response, the cold liquid now dripping down his face. Thoroughly alarmed, he did a quick swivel, searching for what could have woken him so harshly, until his eyes rested upon a pale, purple carapace and met an exasperated, teal-covered glare that peeked from under the sand. Surprise soon became recognition, which then melted into humored warmth, and Hubert gave the culprit an amused smile and a pat on the head.

"That was you, wasn't it, Reaper? Was I asleep for too long?"

The Scorpion Pokemon couldn't stay mad for long, chittering contently upon receiving his trainer's gesture and clicking his claws together. Hubert chuckled as he wiped his beverage off his face with a towel, but he was interrupted once again by a quiet but low rumble as the sand underneath his feet began to vibrate. Peeking out from underneath the reverberation's source was yet another set of eyes, though in contrast to Reaper's, these were asymmetrical and glowed with a bright green hue. An indigo-crested head poked out of the sand, and the rest of the figure's body soon followed suit with a mechanized warble.

"Hey there, Comet! Y'all really do like the sand, don't you?"

With two now in check, Hubert now scanned the area for the third, though not for long; his left arm suddenly felt a gentle, almost shy poke, thankfully much less painful than the pinch of a Skorupi. He turned his attention to who he could be certain was Phantasm, and just as he thought, a Shelmet stared meekly back at him, his face barely visible underneath his knight's visor shell. Hubert made sure neither he nor Comet were exempt from affection, and as he stood up, he gently pat their heads as well.

"Alright, alright, I'm awake now. You can come back to your Pokeballs."

Hubert gave them one last smile before recalling them into their capsules and clipping them to his bag, which he then hoisted up and slung over his shoulder. As he gazed across the ocean's expanse, feeling the wind kiss his skin and offer its reprieve from the sun, he felt himself finally come to.

Was there something I had today? Wonder how long I dozed off...

As if on cue, the Xtranceiver on Hubert's wrist suddenly went off, accompanied by a digital chime. Ah, that's right. He was expecting a call.

"Hello? Good morning, Professor Juniper!"

"Good mo--wha? Hubert, it's a quarter til 2! How could you lose track of time to such a degree?"

"It is? Whoops! Sorry about that; I guess I did fall asleep for too long. Good thing Reaper woke me up when he did!"

"...Goodness me. It's a good thing I called when I did as well! Surely you haven't forgotten about what's happening in just fifteen minutes' time?"

"Not at all, Professor! I might have accidentally nodded off, but I wouldn't miss today for the world!"

"That's a relief to hear. Got everything packed?"

"Yes, ma'am! Ready to leave as soon as the boat gets here."

"Splendid! Make sure to stay hydrated and well fueled! It is a long boat ride, after all. By the way, my apologies about that; I'd hoped to get you to Castelia Town a little sooner, but--"

"No worries at all, I'd actually much prefer the long way! All the more things to see and do!"

"Alright then! Safe travels, and best of luck! I'll be rooting for you to make it big out there!"

"
Thank you, Professor! I'll do my best!"

Click.

Hubert flipped his watch shut and looked once more across the vast waters, taking in his last few breaths of home.

"Alright, time to set off!"

Without looking back, he set off with a smile for Undella Bay, where a brand new adventure of his own would soon unfold. First the League Challenge to prepare himself, then World Coronation Series stardom.

And anything else he could take along the way.

<WCS REGISTRATION COMPLETE>
NAME: Hubert Lee
CLASS: Battler

Jayden Jones, July 24th, Undella Town Harbor, WCS rank: 73,875.

"Man, I thought for sure we would find the perfect water type Pokemon for us." The light brown eyes scanned the sea, hopping to spot a legendary water Pokemon to join his team. "I mean, is it too much to ask for the strongest Pokemon in the sea? We can't settle for anything less."

While his journey to find the best water type Pokemon in the world had failed, Jayden and Ele had decided to return back home. The plan was to make a plan, but that never actually worked. The young man leaned against the railways, hope still in his eyes the all mighty Kyogre would offer to join him. Ele on the other hand, crossed his arms and tried to look as intimidating as possible. Having evolved so fast, he was a bit shorter than most of his species, something that tormented him daily.

The horn of the boat interrupted his thoughts, it was about to set sail and that meant he was stuck there until they arrived to their destination. Which meant, battles for training. He turned around and faced the crowd moving around the dock, looking for an opponent of their level and then whined when he saw a "No Battle" sign next to the captain's quarters. It made sense, but still, what a bummer.

"Wanna get a snack buddy?" JJ patted the electric Pokemon on the back as the two began making their way to the cafeteria, hopping to find some tasting and refreshing, anything that would wash away the feeling of defeat.

July 6th, Wednesday - Rivière Walk, Route 7, Battle Chateau, Kalos Region
Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

Beatrice looked on quietly as Esther's merry band reunited once again and began their leave of the battle chateau's premises. While the girl would have preferred to chat a bit longer, she understood that she's nothing but a stranger to these people. As such, the young woman politely waved Esther goodbye, seeing her off as she went looking for her missing team member. "Drats, I forgot to ask them about the battle chateau." Beatrice internalized, realizing too late that her question had slipped her mind.

The black haired Paldean took another minute of rest before pushing herself back to her feet. "Vallace Wattz, we should head out. I better go ask for more details about this place from the locals." She said as the girl began to leave. Suddenly, a rather noticeable buzzing sound pierced the tranquil lakeside ambiance. Beatrice turned towards the direction where the noise was seemingly coming from. "Well, that doesn't sound natural. Let's go check it out." She declared, her pokemon rallying behind her.

Pulling out a pokeball, Beatrice threw it in the air and released an odd lizard pokemon. The Cyclizar looked at his trainer, awaiting her command. "Alright Clyde, we're going to investigate that buzzing sound." She began as she took a seat on the lizard's back. "Take us to where it's coming from." She continued, her Quaxwell jumping on behind her and her Rotom hovering next to them. Without wasting any time, the Cyclizar took off, quickly running down the road towards the source of the noise. On the way there, another piercing cacophony of buzzing and shrieking was heard, causing the girl to shield her ears. "Whatever is causing this noise is either very big or is numerous in number." She theorized.

In no time, the trainer and her team arrived at their location. What they saw was certainly not what is normally in nature, a large gathering of Yamna and the trainers currently engaged in battle with them. "What is going on?" She asked out loud.

Felix Winchester, Outside Random Mansion, Kalos (not for long)

"The job is done" Felix said. "No challenge, the Pokemon just wanted a friend. You're welcome."

He left the location. It wasn't a challenge. Hex came along with him, like a lost puppy. Oh, and he had his second Pokemon.

Perfect. Time to go to the Battle Chateau, he thought to himself.

The Battle Chateau wasn't far away from the mansion. He was glad. It didn't feel right being there, given his past. Oh well. It happens.

The Pokemon Center was where he was headed. After going in there, he healed his Pokemon (No Pokerus unfortunately) and headed into The Battle Chateau. It was time to prepare for The Galar League

Shiro Skyscale
Snowpoint City, June 20th
Interactions:
@Cmeriwether
(o)^^(o)^^(o)^ ^(o)

"I dont think you need to worry too much about Cubchoo. He is far tougher than his cute exterior makes him to be" Shiro said with a smile and calm deamor, Glacier could be clumsy at times but was more than capable to handle himself. His trainer simply trusted that everything would be well and so he wanted to show Milliana there is nothing to worry.

Cubchoo in a meantime simply enjoyed the view as one would expect, also trying to climb on Alpha Pokemon head.
---
June 22th
Shiro was ready now, his previous lost was a wake up call to him. Did he lose becouse He was too weak to fight Candice when she performed at a level above what he was expected to take? No.. He basically lead a 3v2 and almost won.. His only mistake was bringing Dhelmise into a fight. It wasnt a mistake becouse it was weak.. Far from it. It was a mistake to send a pokemon that didnt care to listen and actively sabotaged his Trainer. Candice got to set up on him before he changed pokemons with her Cloyster. And even after a valiant fight which Cubchoo lost, although he heavily demaged her Ace... It wouldnt matter.

Glacier took down one pokemon and faced two at their full strenght.. He put this much work but when Shiro could send only Titan.. It didnt matter anymore. Dhelmise would stay stubborn.
Candice wanted to reward him, he saw it in her eyes and so he had to refuse getting badge and whatever reward his father prepared from her. It wouldnt be fair, becouse Shiro didnt win. He failed as a trainer becouse He cant even get his pokemon to listen.

It was about to be his second try now, he knew one thing that Candice is definitly stronger now than she was earlier. However...

He was stronger too.

Felix Winchester, Battle Chateau, Kalos

"Time to train..." Felix said.

It was more important to him, however, to see Hex's skills in battle. Sure, it was friendly, but it's battle standards...

He just didn't know.

He had heard of a trainer here... a person of high caliber.

Perfect WCS proving material, Felix called the person. The person was quite distinct: always wore his cloak, with white hair. That person, was easily found.

"You Emery?" he asked

Viscount Emery
Battle Chateau,
Kalos​
Interactions: Felix Winchester (@GLITCHSKULL)

“Does the Chateau let anyone through their doors these days?” A few low grumbles escaped under the man’s breath as he turned to address, somewhat disdainfully, the boy who had waltzed up to him. First, it was those two uppity peasants fancying themselves prominent trainers and now there was this guy. At least the first two had the sense to submit to their betters and join the Chateau.

Emery adjusted his cloak. “I am Viscount Emery, yes. Do you…need something?”

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Skol the king of gods, Bran the bronzor, Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~
~Safari Zone...~
~interactions: Desmond, Safari Zond employee...~

Aldon nodded along each time the safari zone worker spoke.

"Right right right..." Aldon muttered after the worker spoke to him. He couldn't really argue with their logic so he turned to Desmond. Clearing his throat.

"So now what? You ready to leave? Head back in the Safari or wait here? If we ho back in the Safari we cooould bump into aggron again. Not ideal unless I catch it my first try" Aldon said holding up one of his safari balls.

"Buuut... Buuuuut. We could get lucky! And not see it. The fact that an aggron here of all places means there could be a solrock or a lunatone out there alone! Waiting, but its waiting is over. Cause I am here!" Aldon struck a heroic pose, thumb pressed against his chest.

~Meanwhile...~

Skol nodded in agreement.

"Slow...! poke poke (Mhm! Safe too. What could go wrong?)" Skol glanced down at his poussin, finishing it. Red sprinkles sad on his face, but Skol didn't care, or seem to know they were there.

~Briar Hightower...~
~Briar Pokémon: Grafaiai/Baba(F), galarian wheezing/Puff Puff(M), tentecruel/Maggie(F), Revavroom/Hemi(M), clodsire/Claudia(F), smeargle/Frida(F)...~
Tangelo Island, June 2nd...~
~Rank: 48,420...~
~Reactions: Adrianne...~

"Mhmm, you keep them spirits high sugar" Briar commented. She chuckled at Adrianne's shy battle request.

"Yeah, let's do it! We'll be done before Reggie gets back. Maybe. You ready, Baba?" Briar asked. Baba bounced up and down excitedly on Briar's shoulder, even by pokémon speak, the sounds that Baba was making was incoherent babbling.

Esther
Safari Zone
Johto​
『 Pyrrha | Halay | Maçiera | Kasriel | L’ Basseau | Īstha | Pari』​
Interactions: Reina Cortez (@Hecotoro)

‘Dinner at eight? I’ll be there!’

Esther sent off her reply and checked the time. It was just about 3 pm so that left her with 5 hours. The restaurant Reina had chosen looked fancy; it was about what she’d expect from a regional specialty. Should she dress up for dinner? She didn’t have any dress dress clothes, but she was pretty sure she had a skirt or two that would look great with a more elegant top. Or…maybe she’d take the chance to go shopping?

$??? | Pokéball x??? | PokéToy | Practice Ball | Pokéflute | Unidentified Fossil

Quilt Set

Hammock Set

First-Aid Kit

Flashlight

Toiletries

Water Purifier & Filter

Lace Set (Clothing)

Kilt & Ballet Flats

Winter Gear (Clothing)

Climbing Gear

Swimwear

Detachable Rollerblades

Undella Town Harbor - July 24​

Hubert Lee - Rank 99,999​

"Yawn~ Man, maybe I should just sleep 'til we arrive. Little drowsier than I thought after that nap."

Upon boarding the ship, Hubert had beelined for the cafeteria, reclining in his seat at one of many large, round tables set up throughout the space. To his relief, it seemed most of the passengers had opted to stow their luggage in their rooms before grabbing a bite to eat, so the cafeteria was rather empty, save for a handful of others. Granola bar in hand, he was now quietly snacking in hopes to stave off his drowsiness, though he'd also made sure to grab something for his Pokemon, who now huddled next to him with enough berries and food to last the duration of the trip.

"Y'know what, I think I will get some shut-eye once we're done here. Feel nice and refreshed when we..."

His verbal thoughts trailed off as his periphery caught the movement of the cafeteria's double doors swinging open. Just another passenger, likely searching for a bite to eat, but Hubert wouldn't have paid much heed if not for the bulky, bright yellow figure trailing closely behind.

"Whoa."

His awe and thoroughly piqued curiosity had been revealed in a short, quiet breath, and for a brief moment, he was unable to do much more than stare as he attempted to evaluate the Pokemon before him. Whatever it was, it looked strong. Looked pretty rad to boot. Though his senses soon returned to him and he quickly averted his gaze, Hubert immediately committed as many of the Pokemon's features as possible to memory and made a mental note to himself.

I should look for whatever evolves into that when we arrive. Gotta make sure to page the professor later.

Montagne Khastil
July 6 Rivière Walk (Route 7), Berry Fields, Kalos

Tch. Monty staggered as the <<Supersonic>> swept through the field, and his eyes wrenched shut as his hands shot to the sides of his head to try and buffer the assaulting soundwaves. It was a fruitless effort, though, to the point the criminal thought he even heard glass shatter in the chaos.

The <<Supersonic>> subsided after a tiny eternity, and Monty felt Abnégarde teetering on his shoulder. He opened his eyes just in time to catch her as she rolled off, and he hugged her close as he scanned the field for Chauffemagne. If Abné was confused without a direct hit, then the Houndour would be...

...out of commission. Monty spotted his canine stumbling, likely looking a lot like he did walking into the drunk tank last night, and quickly recalled him back to his dusk ball. Esther's Surskit's bubbles gave the man enough time to recall Abné, too, and when he dropped her great ball into his pocket his fingertips grazed the dormant luxury bal—

Shit, where was Oracle?!

Monty's head whipped around, but he didn't see hide nor hair of his partner on the ground. Where'd she go?! There was no way she was...

He looked up into the nearest berry tree, and from its highest branch Oracle stared down at him with the light of <<Detect>> fading from her eyes. Not confused, eh? Perfect.

The criminal set his sights back on the swarming Yanma, where they'd been corraled by Susu's bubbles. Like 'karp in a barrel!

"Oracle, get in with <<Play Rough>>! We'll take them one at a time!"

The Absol's <Pressure> spiked as she set her sights on the closest Yanma, and her paws glowed with pink energy. She couldn't care less about Esther and her pack, but the insects had attacked her subjects. It was tantamount to a personal insult.

Oracle LEAPT! from her perch, soaring through the air nigh-perfectly to catch one of the darting bugs by the tail. She wrenched her neck to pull it underneath her, and she pummeled it all the way two the ground.

Two down.

Azumi, July 6th, Route 7, Kalos.

Azumi clenched her teeth as the Supersonic hit the group. She covered her ears as much as she could, but the sound was strong, sounding like shattering glass for some reason. The attack was effective though, both her Alteria and Gardevoir stumbling, unable to keep their balance.

"Nana, get to safety, Nimbus switch with Ed-" Her words were interrupted by the release of her Lucario.

The Pokémon had had enough of the situation, stepping in to deal with it himself. The aurora fighter watched as Oracle jumped into action. He followed her lead, pummeling the next Yanma with Bullet Punch. The bug type barely understanding what was happening before it fell to the ground unconscious.

Azumi sighed, she didn't like it when Anakin ordered himself around, but at least he was helping out this time. "Everyone okay?!" Azumi said a bit too loud, her ears still recovering.

The duo walkes into the cafeteria proudly, despite their loss record. If it wasn't for the tasty snack of nachos and soda, their spirit would've been crushed. As Jayden searched for a place to sit down, Ele noticed the pair of eyes on him.

Was that a challenge? JJ had said no battles, but maybe nobody would notice a small one? With determination, the Electrivire began walking towards the origin of the stare.

"This spot should be, huh? Ele?" Jayden turned around, only to find his partner heading towards Hubert. He knew that walk, the fight me bruh, walk.

"Whoa buddy chill, we can't do that here." The trainer rushed towards his Pokemon, stopping him before reaching his destination. "We don't want to get kicked out."

JJ turned to face Hubert, looking pretty upset. "Hey man, can't be challenging people like that. Battles aren't allowed here."

Wednesday, July 6th – 9:49 am
Esther
Kalos​
Interactions: Azumi Towers (@Hecotoro) | Montagne Khastil (@~Patriot~) | Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo (@Grand Master Koop)

“WHAT?”

Azumi’s mouth was moving, but Esther could hardly make out the words. Maybe it was the incessant ringing in her ears…sure hope that didn’t cause permanent damage. Oh well, nothing she could do about it now~

With Monty and Azumi’s assistance, they rapidly dispatched half the offending bugs and it wouldn’t be long before the mini swarm was cleaned up. What attack should she use next? She didn’t want to risk another bubble—too many of those would restrict the movement of her allies—and neither did she fancy getting up close. That only left… “Okay Susu, soak ‘em with—”

“WAIT! PLEASE, NOT MY CABBAGES! BERRY BUSH! PLEASE DON’T DESTROY MY BERRIES!” Esther turned to face a portly old man, frantically waving his arms about in some attempts to communicate…something? She still couldn’t really hear him that clearly. Regardless, the man had certainly managed to attract the attention of the Yamna who flapped their wings furiously, shedding a flurry of small scales as they whipped up a triple gale of «Silverwind» directed right at him!

Quilt Set

Hammock Set

First-Aid Kit

Flashlight

Toiletries

Water Purifier & Filter

Lace Set (Clothing)

Winter Gear

Climbing Gear

Swimwear

Hubert Lee​

En Route to Castelia City, July 24​

Oh, whoops.

His partner Pokemon had been polishing off the last few specks of their food when Hubert noticed the unknown Pokemon that had caught his eye suddenly begin sauntering towards him. Slowly turning to meet its eyes, his confused gaze was met with a challenging glare, but the tension was fortunately eased when the Pokemon's trainer intervened... right?

"Hey man, can't be challenging people here."

Huh?

Did this guy think Hubert had been the one to challenge his partner Pokemon? He was caught staring, he supposed, but his eyes hadn't carried any intention to fight. If anything, he was curious and excited as to how strong it could be. Reaper, having noticed the incident unfold, was now standing beside his trainer, a low but firm hiss escaping his mandibles to show he wasn't afraid of a little scuffle, but Hubert quickly raised his hands to show no ill will, shaking off his confusion and quelling Reaper's unease with a pat or two in order to clear up the miscommunication as soon as possible.

"Ah, sorry about that. Wasn't looking for a fight, but I was a little awestruck by your partner there and just got caught staring a little too long. Haven't seen a Pokemon like that before, y'know? I bet y'all are pretty darn strong together."

Hubert flashed a friendly grin in tandem with his compliment, hoping this would lighten the mood and further express his wishes against any unnecessary conflict.

The words 'pretty strong' took a few seconds to settle on JJ and Ele's mind. They both turned to look at each other and then bursted into laughter. "We? Strong? More like, me. Ele here struggling though."

The Electrivire stopped laughing and slowly turned to face his trainer. He was the weak one?!

"Your Pokémon there looks pretty feisty. You a trainer? Cuz if you are, we could help each other with a sparring session."

Ele continued to look at his trainer in disbelief. Why was he the weak one?!

"Ele here evolved a bit too soon, so we're trying to get him used to his new body and power. Oh, I'm Jayden, but friends call me JJ. This is Ele, my loyal partner."

Weak?! Little bastard! Ele's tails whipped angrily from side to side, until he turned away from his trainer, greeting his teeth.

Montagne Khastil and Queen Oracle the Honored One

Hmpf. Oracle picked herself up off the fallen Yanma, thoroughly satisfied with the thrashing she gave it. That would show the insect why it didn't attack her subjects in her domain. Her gaze went skyward to see if the other peons got the message, only for an upstart to cut in! With a move annoyingly similar to her black flash, a Lucario dispatched another Yanma and practically landed on top of her!

This could not stand. If useless Monty's useful tagalong wanted to outdo Oracle, she'd have a sorry lesson to learn! The Absol whirled around to the useless man in question, and was hardly surprised to see him bumbling around like a buffoon. What use was he to her as an advisor if he didn't advise?!

With the Supersonic still clogging in his ears, Monty couldn't tell if he was getting advice of his own from Azumi or not. "HUH?! WHAT ABOUT ONE A DAY?" The criminal was undoubtedly confused.

And undoubtedly useless. Oracle watched in awe as her trainer managed to miss the rest of the swarm diverting their attention from her and onto some old guy running towards them. Their change in focus drew her ire. No matter how they feared her retribution, they wouldn't escape it.

Black sparks gathered in the Absol's legs as she channeled her malice...FLASH!

<<Sucker Punch>> carried Oracle across the field in the blink of an eye, and her claws dug into the soft soil to slow her momentum between the fat old man and the remaining Yanma just as they launched a volley her way. Too bad for them, there was more than one of her, too.

The energy she channeled was simple, but effective. Her phantoms materialized at her sides, half a dozen strong, and without hesitation Oracle sent them forward to intercept the Silverwind.

WOOOOSH!
POOF-POOF-POOF!

The clones were expelled as quickly as they were conjured, and clouds of smoke erupted where they fell—the perfect cover. Like brewing lightning, black sparks crackled within the cloud. Oracle used her horn to sense the environment around her, focusing on the vibrations in the air. There was the strongest insect!

FLASH! <<SUCKER PUNCH!>> She'd spear it straight through!

Last edited:

"I said, IS EVERYONE OKAY?!" Azumi cried out once again, hopping to hear a clear answer back. What caught her blue eyes next was beautiful.

Oracle, the majestic white knight stepping in to defend the poor farmer. What a demonstration of heroism! She couldn't help but smile at the sight, feeling a mixture of pride and admiration for the dark queen. That wad until the next few seconds.

Anakin wasn't done with the swarm. Once again he leaped into the air, using his Bullet Punch to ram into one of the bugs, only to get speared by a white shadow.

The Lucario hit the ground hard, rolling across the field until he pushed himself back up with his front paws and landed on his two feet. The fighting Pokémon shot a glare at Oracle while he calmly dusted off himself.

"Step away!" Azumi yelled at the new arrival, before waving at her Lucario. "It was an accident! Right?" She looked at Monty.

Reginald Valerias​

Date: June 2
Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus, Jones the Frillish, Legion the White-Striped Basculin, Gordon the Mankey
WCS Rank: 72,758

Mentions: Briar Hightower (ThAtGuY101), Adrianne Silvers (Godjacob)

Reggie wondered how Briar and Adrianne were. He left them after Adrianne explained that she just wanted to be better and synergize with Aster and he wondered how that was faring. Maybe she wasn't going to fuss on it as much as Reggie did with his own insecurities. As much as he'd love to preach about not completely hurting yourself while training and getting better - as failure was a part of the learning process - it still bugged him immensely. In fact, the thought was starting to become a hyperfixation he couldn't get rid of when he tried to focus on anything else.

At least he was glad Briar liked the idea of some berry mocktail later. He wondered if they were going to just head to the Park or fight someone before getting there.

It was right after cleaning and packing everything did he notice someone standing there, having been watching him pack everything up. He was wondering why the Mankey was starting to hurry things along.

As soon as Reggie got his backpack on, the Mankey began breathing heavily and stared at the man who had been waiting for them to pack up, his shoulder leaned against a tree, eyes closed. He then finally spoke. "Mason... Was wondering when you were gonna get done."

Piercing blue eyes, black unkempt hair. What would normally be a nice, sweet smile and a face full of expression was a stoic, serious glare offset with a sneer. Reggie had no idea who this guy was, but this guy was just creeping him out. "Name's Reggie. What do you want?"

"A WCS battle. Clearly." Mason scoffed, rolling his eyes. "A double battle to be specific. I just got a couple new Pokemon and I wanna test 'em out." Every time he spoke, the young man, who Reggie realized was a few years older than him, had some kind of danger drip from his tone. "If you lose... Well... Guess you would want to see me again, hm? Get back some revenge? I saw your battle with Zane." He laughed, setting Reggie's expression into a scowl. "Hahhhh... Surskit and Magikarp... With Z-Splash, nonetheless. How cute."

"Okay, you just going to stand there and mock me, or are we going to fight?"

"Hah, I knew that would get you going." Mason grinned before walking over to the battlefield. "Rememberr~. Two Pokemon. We will only use two Pokemon in this double battle."

Reggie shivered, watching the young man walk and stand there. He was waiting. Reggie looked down at Mankey, who was huffing and puffing like mad. "Look, Gordon. We fight, but you must listen to me, and pay attention not to hurt your teammate. Okay?"

Gordon looked up at him, a fiery rage burning in his eyes. He paused, then nodded, running towards the battlefield as Reggie made his way to the other side. "Okay, now we're ready."

Mason laughed. "You better be." The young man taunted, a WCS Rotom flying in and scanning the battlefield and the trainers. Once it was ready and called for their Pokemon to appear on the field, Mason cackled with the thrill of a good, fight. "Get ready to feel the dread, Ghost-Type Specialist!" Mason threw two Pokeballs into the air, and Reggie's blood ran cold.

How did he know???

Cole Forrest​

Date: August 2
Pokemon Team: Thwackey, Croconaw, Corvisquire, Galarian Meowth, Stufful, Trubbish, Magikarp, Pancham
WCS Rank: 75,432

Interactions: Wilford Pine (sSoul)

Wallace wasn't just a substitute champion. He had taken the role of Champion from Steven Stone and became far more permanent. But, Cole didn't exactly express that very well. It was clear Wilford, while intrigued, didn't seem to believe that his battle prowess and his coordinated techniques for contests impacted each other. They did, and he often relied on those more practical contest techniques to fight.

But, for Wilford's sake, Cole wasn't going to start gushing about his obsession.

Hearing that during the new phase of his career there wouldn't be much to look out for, he nodded in understanding. Then smiled, even at his annoyance. He liked toeing the line of what made others tic. So, it was his competence, it seemed. He chuckled at his ending statement. "Good good. Let's hope we don't end up fighting people who are above our paygrade then. That would be embarrassing." He sneered, but his expression became friendlier as the waiter appeared to ask for an order.

"Stuffed Tranquill, please." It was one of their nicer dishes fit for those of higher society or those with refined palates, and Cole was feeling more like a carnivore today. Considering Wilford was rich, he was sure he didn't mind it, but he still cast Wilford a glance to make sure he was okay with that. The Stuffed Tranquill came with a side of asparagus, a type of bread better dipped in gravies or oils, with a type of special seasoned oil that looked more like gravy drizzled on the bird and around it.

He was seriously getting a little hungry.

Cole's dark eyes noticed a few people coming in. They looked like some kind of punk rabble from Spikemuth, but they seemed well behaved... For now. They sat nearby, and Cole heard word of their WCS rankings.

"I think I just found my next opponent." Cole mumbled to Wilford, his gaze leering at the punks from Spikemuth before sitting up straight and relaxing in his seat.

Last edited:

Viscount Emery
Battle Chateau,
Kalos​
Interactions: Felix Winchester (@GLITCHSKULL)

“I suppose I can’t expect someone so pedestrian to have any manners or class. Very well, let me show you to respect your betters.” Emery only grew more disdainful, pulling off one of his gloves to toss in Felix’s direction. If Felix were paying attention to the designs on Emery’s cape, the twin sails of yellow and purple, with a diamond dust finish, then he might’ve been able to guess Emery’s pokémon. “The writ of challenge has been offered; I’ll see you on the battlefield.”

With a flourish of his cape, Emery walked off.

The battlefield they’d been assigned was outside in the back gardens. It wasn’t the best location for Emery, but it wasn’t too bad either. The Viscount reached to his side and brandished his luxury ball. With a burst of light, his chosen pokémon appeared on-field, its form coalescing to reveal—Aurorus!

Hubert Lee​

En Route to Castelia City - July 24​

Surprised at both trainer's and Pokemon's reaction alike to his compliment, Hubert blinked in confusion, but he then let out an amused chuckle of his own when the trainer denied their strength. At least, his partner's. He soon reacted with offended disbelief, and Hubert attempted to make eye contact with the Pokemon to offer a comforting smile. He'd evolved early, had he? Fascinating; so that was a factor to consider when determining a Pokemon's strength. Hubert stood and turned to face the now sulking Thunderbolt Pokemon, and he placed a hand on his shoulder to soothe his anger.

"That's pretty cool, isn't it? I bet that special case will turn out to make you even stronger. I'm sure it'll work itself out."

The trainer finally introduced himself and his partner as Jayden (or JJ) and Ele respectively, and Hubert stretched out his hand to respond in kind.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Hubert; this feisty little guy next to me is Reaper, my first partner, and then there's Comet and Phantasm. We're off to Castelia to get the League Challenge started, so some sparring practice would be great once we're allowed."

The proud Unovian shook Hubert's hand before shooting a thumbs up at him. "The league challenge? Well we're participating in the league challenge AND the world coronation series! We got a lot of work to do, so we're looking for a water type Pokemon to join our team. Need something to help Ele with those pesky ground types. They always beat us up."

The trainer took a good look at Hubert's Scoropi, nodding his head a few times. "Yup that's a strong if I didn't know any better." Which he didn't. "But too small. We need to spar with bigger opponents, you got anything?"

Kurashiki Ki, July 24th, Hulbury Galar.

"Come on, move it, move it!"

The purple hair trainer jogged along her sword like Pokemon, she wasn't sure if the Pokemon would benefit from such exercise, but her Torchic definitely did. The orange chicken was running circles around them, such a determination on his face made the rest of the team keep going. Well, except for the Budew, she was just cheering them on from Kura's backpack.

"Let's go, we have a water type gym to tackle, we need Budew to do her best!" Kura began clapping her hands to a certain rhythm, trying to get everyone on the same pace. Sadly, it only resulted in Torchic running around faster, Honedge tripping and Budew giggling. "Good job team!" She had no idea what she was doing.

July 6th, Wednesday - Rivière Walk, Route 7, Battle Chateau, Kalos Region
Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

Beatrice stared in awe for a few more moments before she was snapped out of it by Vallace tapping her back. "Right, we should go help." She said as she reached into her bag. "Wattz, give us an aerial view." She commanded as she pulled out a tablet as well as the portable drone. Throwing the drone in the air, The Rotom quickly possessed it and began flying over the battlefield, relaying its footage to the tablet in Beatrice's hand. Afterward, the girl opened one more pokeball from her waist, sending out a weird spider like pokemon. The Spidops stood at the ready, quickly joined by Vallace who took his stance beside her.

Reaching into her bag, Beatrice pulled out what looked like 3 earpieces with a small camera attached and one without the camera. "Ok, our opponents don't appear to be too strong but they are coordinated, so we should do the same." She spoke as she put one of those earpieces into her ear, the one without the camera attachment. She then put another one on her Cyclizar before throwing the last ones to her other 2 pokemon, each catching them and putting them on. "Synchronizing camera feeds." Simultaneously, each of the devices flared to life, and with them, 3 more points of views appeared on the girl's tablet.

"Alright, be careful out there. Let's go!" At their trainer's signal, the Quaxwell and Spidops dashed off followed. The duo quickly jumped the fence and landed on the battlefield, joining the battle. Beatrice followed closely behind, still riding atop her Cyclizar. After arriving where the other trainers were stationed, the young woman got off her ride, letting him join the battle, and turned to the others. "Hello again, I heard the commotion and came to help, is that alright with you all?" She asked.

Hubert Lee​

"How about that? WCS is my next step after the League too."

Well, there was a coincidence. Hubert's eyes brightened up just the slightest bit upon hearing Jayden's plans, and his grin widened. Things really did have a way of working out, didn't it? This guy would definitely make a perfect sparring partner, and the two were sure to get more than enough practice to--

"...But too small."

Eh?

Crossed up for the second time within no longer than sixty seconds, Hubert once again blinked in a mixture of surprise and confusion as he processed JJ's words. Too small? He supposed so; Ele certainly towered over Reaper by quite a bit... but any practice was better than no practice, wasn't it? Not to mention, his other two partners couldn't really contribute much to the height discrepancy either. However, once he'd recollected himself, Hubert now showed no signs of concern regarding their wellbeing, and with a cool, confident glint in his eyes, his previously friendly smile seemed to contort into the signs of a challenging smirk.

"Well, my team more than makes up for their height in spirit in my honest opinion, but if you really need bigger, Comet's your best bet."

On cue, the shiny Golett now stood in front of Hubert, emerald eyes shining with determination as they looked up at Ele.

"He's a Ground-Type as well, so he'd certainly make good practice for your matchup issue."

Adrianne Silvers (Normal Class: 96,094)
Tangelo Island, Orange Archipelago (June 2nd)
Interactions:
@ThAtGuY101 (Briar) @Merciless Medic (Reggie)​

Adrianne seemed to get the okay from Briar and she hoped not to upset Reggie when he returned in the middle of it but her desire to increase in rank outweighed the cons as she nodded along.

"Alright great! Wish me luck~!" Adrianne said to Briar as she walked over to the other trainers as there seemed to be a pair of them who seemed to both be Normal Trainers themselves; one another girl who seemed to have short cherry red hair and some freckles, and a boy who seemed to have a slight mohawk and some sunglasses as he tried to have the cool attitude.

"Ha! You want to battle me? Have you seen our rankings you don't stand a chance doll!"

"...you literally have a score that is just 2 better than me."

"So you admit I am better then~"​

Adrianne walked in time to see their scores, the girl had one that registered 95,046 where as the boy had a score of 95,044. Adrianne figured this might be a good chance for herself and decided to enter the conversation. "Hey uh couldn't help but notice the WCS scores, mind if I get a battle with one of you if you are willing?" Adrianne asked as she displayed her own score to show she also was listed.

The girl seemed to see this and rubbed her chin. "Well, was about to challenge this talkative guy, maybe we can do a free for all?" She suggested as the guy seemed into that. "Sounds good to me, get to show I'm better than you both at once!"

Adrianne seemed fired up. "Alright then, it's a battle!"

The match was made official and the arrival of the Rotom descended down between them as the trio of trainers bounced back for some space and needless to say this little WCS contest caught some eyes of the locals as it seemed the terms were outlined.

Each would use 1 Pokemon, and whichever one was left standing would win.

"Alright Aster let's do this!" Adrianne called out as she seemed to put her trust in her newest Pokemon as the Staryu emerged and seemed ready for battle. "Star!"

The red head seemed to grin back. "Bring it home Spinarak!" She called out as a Spinarak seemed to emerge and the punk guy seemed to grin as he had a Pokeball with a leak sticker on it and tossed it out. "Let's get this W Farfetch'd!" The guy called out as a Farfetch'd seemed to enter the field and all three Pokemon looked across from each other as they seemed ready.

"Let the battle begin!" The Rotom called out.

"Alright use Water Gun on Spinarak!" Adrianne called out as like a western duel they all waited a moment to see who'd take the first shot as a steam of water was launched by its tip and the Spinarak seemed to be slammed on impact!

"Like your style, use Peck on Spinarak!" The punk boy called out as the Farfetch'd charged and tried to peck at the Spinarak but it was able to recover quickly and jumped to avoid it upon its trainer's command.

"Teaming up on me huh, that scared." The red head called out.

"Nothing personal just happened to be an easy target." The guy called out before Adrianne decided to interject.

"Aster use Rapid Spin!" Adrianne called out as the Staryu spun around and Aster slammed right into the Farfetch'd who stumbled back as the red head had a laugh over that.

"Whose the easy target~" Adrianne mused but the red head was quick to pounce. "Spinarak use String Shot!" She called out as a series of webs was fired and Adrianne's eyes widened quickly. "Keep up Rapid Spin and avoid it!"

Aster spun around in the air as it glided a bit and the webbing seemed to just miss and trail it but as Aster did this Farfetch'd recovered a bit and the punk trainer had seen an opportunity.

"Use Fury Cutter!" He called out as the Farfetch'd swung its leak at the incoming Aster as it slammed and knocked the Staryu aside as it landed on the ground with a thud. "Ryu!"

"Aster!" Adrianne called out with concern as the red head managed to further pin it down with a String Shot which caused its movements on the ground to slug as it was stuck somewhat in place. During this she then ordered Poison Sting to be used at the Farfetch'd as its trainer called for it to use its Leak to block or dodge the attacks as they were locked in an exchange.

Adrianne seemed to bite her nail a bit as she tried to think, but as both Pokemon laid blows to each other with the latter getting a bit of poison in it their close proximity seemed to give inspiration as Aster worked to free itself. "Use Confuse Ray!"

The Staryu seemed to understand as a series of purple rings were launched and with the Spinarak and Farfetch'd locked in struggle neither could avoid it as they were struck and soon both began to see stars as they wobbled around.

"Spinarak! Snap out of it!"

"Come on Farfetch'd you can't get tripped up by this!"

Both trainers called to their Pokemon to snap out of it as Adrianne ordered a Rapid Spin to help free Aster from its webbing. The trainers in turn tried to respond with another Absorb and Peck respectively as they tried to halt the more alert Staryu but their confusion caused them to hit themselves as they were knocked down.

"Now use Water Gun!" Adrianne called out as Aster lined them up and fired a powerful stream as it collided with Farfetch'd and Spinarak were knocked into each other and slammed to a wall of a shop before they both slumped and seemed to faint. The Rotom had seen enough.

"Spinarak & Farfetch'd are unable to battle. The winner of the match is Adrianne Silvers!"

96,094->95,044

"Woo hoo!" Adrianne called out as the girl and guy were left to ponder their loss while Adrianne herself got a decent increase as she seemed to be on cloud nine. "Great work Aster sure we'll get along well~!" Adrianne called out as Aster let out a "Star!" as it seemed pleased before Adrianne returned it.

For the moment she dashed back over to where she last spoke to Briar, and perhaps Reggie would've returned as she seemed now in an especially good mood for the Pokemon Park.

Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Safari Zone, Johto (July 24th)

Interactions: @ThAtGuY101 (Aldon & Skol) @kyuukestu (Safari Zone Worker)​

Desmond listened to the worker who seemed to just advise in trusting the Rangers with this, while he wished he had more info to work with he seemed to sympathize with her position and nodded in understanding. "Alright thanks for that." Desmond replied to the receptionist.

Desmond pinched the bridge of his nose in thought, while the idea of going out there with a rampaging Aggron seemed to be risky he had come this way here to get pictures and he had gotten nothing accept an accidental capture, besides he seemed to be assured enough with the Rangers in activity that he decided to roll the dice for a change.

"Suppose we can go to the Safari and see if we bump into anyone, do need to get some pictures of the place. If we hear or even catch wind of the Aggron we run no debates." Desmond stressed to Aldon as he waited to hear his thoughts.

During this, Politoed continued to chat with Skol as the latter seemed to be fishing for as Politoed decided that while it may not have been needed to speak up and assure its fellow Water Type.

"Poli. Politoed." (It will be fine. Sure they are having fun in there and will be back sooner than later.")

"What the-!" Jayden jumped back at the sight of the shiny Pokémon. "Why is it that color! Is it sick?" He tried to give it a closer look but backed away instead, like afraid of it being contagious. "Ele don't get too close to it..."

The Electrivire rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. He stretched his hand out to the ground type, not to be polite, but to demonstrate there was nothing wrong with it.

"Hm I see." Said JJ not understanding anything. "Well, it could work. It would only be fair you use all your Pokémon though, I don't want to have it too easy." The brown haired trainer crossed his arms and nodded with confidence. "Until then, mind if we join you for lunch?"

Kurashiki Ki, July 24th, Hulbury Galar.

"Everyone ready?" Shiki adjusted the uniform on herself. It was odd having to change for a gym battle, but at the same time it made her feel more excited for the battle.

The uniform had been custom made by her father. It was purple with the top having black stripes, Ki on the back with number 20 and the logo of his auto shop in the front. The black shorts, along with the black leggings and purple sneakers really complimented the outfit.

"Let's move out! Everyone in their Pokeball!"

On command the three different Pokémon jumped into their respective resting place. Kura walked out of the locker room, looking pumped up and nervous at the same time.

"I like your uniform. Are you ready?" The receptionist said as Kura reached the counter.

"Yes ma'am!"

The glass doors opened, the crowd began to cheer and announcer sounded across the stadium.

"Kurashiki Ki, taking this gym's challenge for the first time! Will she overcome the powerful waves or drown in the process?!"

With a determined look, Shiki rushed into the arena, ready to face whatever challenge stood in front of her.

~Briar Hightower...~
~Briar Pokémon: Grafaiai/Baba(F), galarian wheezing/Puff Puff(M), tentecruel/Maggie(F), Revavroom/Hemi(M), clodsire/Claudia(F), smeargle/Frida(F)...~
Tangelo Island, June 2nd...~
~Rank: 48,420...~
~Reactions: Adrianne, Reggie...~

Briar smiled and waved as Adrianne went over to find someone to battle. The found a goofy looking girl with a mohawk of all hairstyles. Briar knew a whole assortment of weirdos like him back in galar. The girl was pretty arrogant and didn't hide it one bit. Though sure enugh the battle would begin. Briar swung her fist in the air.

"Fuck her up, Sugar! Don't let her talk to you like that, Gettem girl!" Briar cheered. As the battle began, Briar decided to find someone to double battle. She found a battler in the form of an older man. Maybe a few years older than herself. She lifted her sunglasses to her forehead.

"Hey hun, you feel like double battling?!" Briar called out.
"Huh?! Are you talking t-to me?" The man looked over at her uncertain how to respond.
"No, the other goober over there with red hair staring off into space. Yes you! Come on, I won't bite! I can't speak for Baba. Ah-heheh!" Briar chuckled. Briar may have been in a good mood, but Baba had a look o pure homicide in her eyes. Whatever that monkey was thinking, it was premeditated.

As the battle began, Briar sent out Revaroom and extended her arm, Baba back flipped off Briar's hand, landing on Hemy's back and climbing to the top of his head. The man sent out two of his pokemon. A Carkol and a azumarill.

"Carkol use ancient power, azumarill use bubble beam!" He commanded.
"Counter carkol, slide under its ancient power with iron head, Hemi! And Baba, you use acid spray on azumarill!" Briar responded.
As the revaroom began picking up speed, it went as close to the ground as he could. Taking minimal hits from the oncoming projectiles before delivering a mean iron head. With the flick of a wrist, Baba flung acid into the bubbles. Popping some and a few hitting azumarill. Baba caught a few stray bubbles, letting out a hissing sound as the attack made contact.

"Carkol use smokescreen! Azumarill use helping hand!" He continued.
"Hemi use poison gas! Baba use substitute!" Briar called out.
Smoke and gas filled the air and the sound of cheer could be heard.

"Carkol use incinerate! " - opponent
"Hemi use self-destruct!" - Briar
"Azumarill use bounce!" Opponent
"Baba take cover, use poison jab when azumarill comes down!" - Briar
The fire created small explosions then a BANG! Baba stood alone now then out of the sky came azumarill, it struck down Baba or so it believed. As the smoke and gas cleared up, Baba emerged revealing herself to be the real deal and the other to be the decoy. She hit the water pokémon from the back with her poison jab ending the match.

Baba let out a shrill squeak before turning to look at Briar. Arms extended she ran and leaped into Briar's arms fully prepared for a congratulatory hug. Briar returned Hemi.

"Good job Hemi. You to sug" Briar said before talking to the red headed fellow. She thanked him for the battle and Briar turned her attention towards Adrianne.

"Nicely done!" Briar congratulated Adrianne on going up in rank. Baba gave Aster a thumbs up. :up:

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Skol the king of gods, Bran the bronzor, Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~
~Safari Zone...~
~interactions: Desmond, Safari Zond employee...~

Aldon gave a big innocent grin. He smiled and nodded along. He agreed to nothing Desmond said thus far. Snapping his fingers.

"We shall seeee" Aldon said before walking out the door. Aldon had no clue where the aggron or the rangers were. Or the other people were. That was the rangers problem, but he couldn't help but wonder.

~Meanwhile...~

Skol gave Politoad a friendly glance. The happy go lucky friend may have been onto something. Skol knew he was right, but he wondered when he would cone back.

"Poke! (And then we can go fishing)" Skol said.

Last edited:

Wednesday, July 6th – 9:50 am
Esther
Kalos​
Interactions: Azumi Towers (@Hecotoro) | Montagne Khastil (@~Patriot~) | Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo (@Grand Master Koop)

She flashed! She slashed! She soared! The indomitable Oracle punched right through the cloud of smoke and—completely missed! The smoke dissipated and revealed the light of «Detect» as it faded from the Yanmas’ eyes. Of course, the trio of Yanma were also perfectly poised to take advantage of the sudden in-fighting among the group, whipping up their wings to re-ignite their «Silver Wind» tornado.

“What?” Only the faintest of words broke through the incessant ringing and Esther turned around, only to be met with Beatrice. When had she arrived? Had she said something? Was she—wait, what was that? A tablet and…earpieces? Excessive much?

The look in Esther’s eyes grew distant. With how ‘well-equipped’ Beatrice was, you’d be forgiven for thinking she was about to coordinate her pokémon as they raced across a vast forest or some similarly large distance but instead—“Ma’am, this is a berry farm.”

Quilt Set

Hammock Set

First-Aid Kit

Flashlight

Toiletries

Water Purifier & Filter

Lace Set (Clothing)

Winter Gear

Climbing Gear

Swimwear

Safari Zone Employee #69
Safari Zone
Johto​
Interactions: N/A

Huh? Were they daft? Had everything he’d said gone in one ear and out the other? The employee perked his ears. Obviously, he must’ve misheard them. Ah…no? They were actually discussing going right back into the Safari Zone… In spite of his recommendation and In spite of being told they would only cause more problems for the rangers in an already tense scenario. Why even ask if they were going to ignore his advice anyway?

Arceus, this is why he hated trainers…bloody arseholes.

Last edited:
Montagne Khastil and Queen Oracle the Honored One

"HUH?! We have the same accent!" Monty shouted back at Azumi. His hearing still wasn't fully recovered from the Supersonic, and he was extremely confused as to why his fellow Kalosian chose then of all times to point out the indiscernable difference between the sound of their speech. The field was in chaos, and that was what she was focused on?!

"We have better things to worry about!" The slightly controlled chaos of the field was unraveling, with Oracle and Azumi's Lucario at the center. Did he miss something, or did the Countess intentionally send it straight into his partner's way? Monty watched Oracle land beneath the Yanma, and she looked pissed.

Where did this upstart get off? Interrupting her attack, then glaring at her when he got flung away?! He should count himself lucky that's all that happened! And the worst part?

Oracle's venomous gaze when skyward as she sensed the Yanma trio's concentrating energy. He'd left her open to attack!

Rather, he'd have left an inferior being open to attack. The insects' buzzing came to life with another rush of Silverwind, and at the same time the Queen's red eyes glowed blue.

<<Detect>>

Oracle crouched down and SPRUNG! up, and her body gracefully contorted to place herself above the Silverwind's range—and right next to one of the offending insects. It wasn't the target of her next move, though. She channeled the simplest energy she had at her disposal as she landed right on top of it, doing no damage but using its chitinous form as a springboard.

ZOOM!

<<Quick Attack>> rocketed Oracle toward another of the Yanma, and if her strategy worked out she'd be able to use that one as a second springboard when she impacted. What did she even need useless Monty for when she was this tactically brilliant?!

"I don't care what you're sorry about!" Azumi snapped back at Monty, he was blind and def. Oracle was clearly doing as she wished, like Azumi's Lucario. But at least Anakin had the decency to not fight back-

Bullet Punch!

The Yanma Oracle was going to use as a stepping stone disappeared as Anakin smashed it away in the blink of an eye. The fighter didn't even turn to see if Oracle had landed properly. Once he was on the ground again, he placed his hands together on the right side of his waist, creating a blue sphere made of oure energy. He aimed it at one of the last two Yanma.

"Finish it!" Azumi called out, at the same time her Lucario unleashed the Aurora Sphere towards the remaining bug.

Hubert Lee​

Hubert let out an hearty laugh upon JJ's reaction to Comet's shiny coloration, and the Automaton Pokemon himself even seemed to produce a similar sounding warble as he reached out to shake Ele's hand.

"Nope, nothing wrong with him. This is his shiny form, hatched from an Egg my parents gave me."

Fortunately, once things had settled down, JJ had accepted Comet as an adequate sparring opponent, though what he'd said next further sparked Hubert's amusement. He was a cocky fella, wasn't he? Cocky... but still a good guy in Hubert's eyes. JJ then asked to join them for lunch, and Hubert nodded with a smile.

"Don't mind at all; was actually planning to get some shuteye for the rest of the trip once my Pokemon were done eating, but I'm more than down to chat some more. I'm also still feeling a little peckish, so I might just grab another snack at some point."