• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed PokéSync: Discussion Thread

What region should the Rp be held in first?

• Kanto

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Johto

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Unova

• Kalos

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Alola

• Galar

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name: Anastasia

Trainer Class: Battler (Focuses on Doubles or More)

Physical Appearance: A woman standing at 5’6, Anatasia is all sharp edges and defined lines with a muscular build. She's not the most conventionally attractive woman with a large nose and a serious appearance brought on by a strong jaw and a prominent brow that overshadows her dark brown eyes. Her short, dark brown hair goes a little past her ears and is cut in a very simple style. Her heavily tanned skin covered in all manners of nicks and bruises as well as a few scars, and the way she carries herself radiates a quiet confidence. Her voice is low and sounds almost masculine.

Clothing: (May change lol. Did some research and went a bit overboard >-<) A slim burgundy jacket with a water resistant exterior and a layer of fleece lining the interior with three pockets on the outside--two on the side and a breast pocket (left when facing her, her right)--and two on the inside which are also located on the sides. It’s often worn over her long sleeved button-up shirt or a tank top which she likes to pair with hiking pants or shorts. She also has a rain jacket and a pair of rain pants for rainy or extremely windy days and a pair of warmer, softer shirts and leggings which she typically wears as pajamas and two pairs of undergarments and socks. She has a pair of tennis shoes and a pair of sandals.

Personality: With defined opinions, training expertise, and heavy experience in battling due to her background, Anastasia has a confidence in her abilities that may seem to borderline on arrogance. She tends to be untalkative at first, almost brooding at times, but that can change, especially when she’s with people she’s comfortable with, though she still certainly talks quite a bit slower than others. She tends to state her opinions bluntly, though she rarely does so out of spite unless she feels slighted. However, being short-tempered, that’s not really a hard thing to do, and she has a tendency to hold grudges as well. When provoked, she tends to respond with violence or sharp comments, though the time she’s spent serving has caused her to resort to the first a little less rapidly.

Backstory: Anastasia was born to a single mother in a poor and rather rundown part of town. Her mother worked multiple jobs to keep them afloat, but she tried to raise her daughter well, teaching her daughter to stay out of fights and to try her best in school and do all of her homework, helping out when she could. And though Anastasia did her best at first, she found herself struggling with school and isolated from the rest of the community before she even made it to middle school. She ended up having a troubled childhood despite her mother’s best efforts, fighting a lot of fights and generally flunking. But for a variety of reasons, she found herself drawn to the military.

That began another chapter in her life. Her training changed her and she found a place for herself, meeting many of her closest friends along the way. She was off-duty when the Second Darkest Day occurred, finding herself aiding defense of her hometown while she waited for orders. From then on, she travelled the world, sent to reinforce cities or towns under the threat of attack, during the Ultra Wars and after the sealing of the Ultra Portals.

She was in Galar when tragedy struck. As the air crackled with electricity and flame danced across the ground, she found herself burning through her Fortitude in an attempt to push back a horde before blacking out, her teammates carrying her away before she was buried beneath the mass of Pokemon.

She was lucky enough to wake up a few weeks later, though discovering that her closest partner had died and that her others were given after having her ability to manipulate and generate Fortitude crippled was far from pleasant, to say the least. Perhaps her one saving grace was the Joltik that had hidden in her jacket hood and came with her to the hospital.

During the next few months, she would form a bond with her Joltik and decide to join the Bronze League.

Starter:

Name: n/a

Species: Joltik

Ability: Compound Eyes

Moves: Absorb (VIII), Fury Cutter (VIII), Electroweb (VIII), Bug Bite (VIII), and Screech (VII)
I was afraid you weren't gonna come back lol

Well, this bios looks downright excellent. Are you sure you want your character to be in her thirties though? The cast is largely composed of 17-19 year old kids, so she'd be a bit of an odd-one out. The backstory is quite interesting though, I'm a huge fan!

There are some inconsistencies though.

The Second Darkest Day was 12 years ago, so rather than few months, you'd need to account for what she would've been doing in those twelves years.

Also, fortitude was introduced because of the Second Darkest Day, fortitude is what resulted from the virus infecting humans.

Besides figuring out those backstory changes, it looks good o7 We'll be glad to have you.

Edit:

My suggestion for the backstory would be to have your character be around 12 when the Second Darkest Day happened. Then, since before fortitude you could be a trainer at 10, she would've already been a trainer for 2 or so years.

Afterward, she'd have needed to wait for 4-5 years until she was 17 and her body could handle bonding with Pokemon.

After that you'd only need to account for the remaining 7 or so years until present day and also have her obtain that Joltik at some point.

Last edited:
It just took me a while ^-^;

I’d be okay with her being a lot older, though I might shift the age range down to mid/late twenties for backstory stuff.

Hm… I thought that there were still hordes and stuff even and the Second Darkest Day. Is that wrong? If it is then maybe she could just go back to normal military stuff and make her lose to a villain team.

Oh yeah, I was thinking that she would mostly be using normal weapons until the discovery of Fortitude.

Also, I’m operating under the assumption that you can lose Fortitude power if you go too much overboard. Is that wrong?

Thank you, by the way. ^o^

I was afraid you weren't gonna come back lol

Well, this bios looks downright excellent. Are you sure you want your character to be in her thirties though? The cast is largely composed of 17-19 year old kids, so she'd be a bit of an odd-one out. The backstory is quite interesting though, I'm a huge fan!

There are some inconsistencies though.

The Second Darkest Day was 12 years ago, so rather than few months, you'd need to account for what she would've been doing in those twelves years.

Also, fortitude was introduced because of the Second Darkest Day, fortitude is what resulted from the virus infecting humans.

Besides figuring out those backstory changes, it looks good o7 We'll be glad to have you.

Edit:

My suggestion for the backstory would be to have your character be around 12 when the Second Darkest Day happened. Then, since before fortitude you could be a trainer at 10, she would've already been a trainer for 2 or so years.

Afterward, she'd have needed to wait for 4-5 years until she was 17 and her body could handle bonding with Pokemon.

After that you'd only need to account for the remaining 7 or so years until present day and also have her obtain that Joltik at some point.

It just took me a while ^-^;

I’d be okay with her being a lot older, though I might shift the age range down to mid/late twenties for backstory stuff.

Hm… I thought that there were still hordes and stuff even and the Second Darkest Day. Is that wrong? If it is then maybe she could just go back to normal military stuff and make her lose to a villain team.

Oh yeah, I was thinking that she would mostly be using normal weapons until the discovery of Fortitude.

Also, I’m operating under the assumption that you can lose Fortitude power if you go too much overboard. Is that wrong?

Thank you, by the way. ^o^
There are hordes after the second darkest day, that's correct.

And yes, overuse of your fortitude can result in serious damage to a person's health. It can be crippling or fatal depending on how much overuse.

There are hordes after the second darkest day, that's correct.

And yes, overuse of your fortitude can result in serious damage to a person's health. It can be crippling or fatal depending on how much overuse.

Coolio! I rewrote the troublesome part of her backstory. Would this work?

That began another chapter in her life... During the Ultra Wars, she travelled the world, sent to reinforce cities or towns under the threat of attack. But their effects didn’t end there, and for the years following the Portal’s sealing, she was deployed to provide disaster relief in addition to their regular duties.

Several years passed, and the world gradually grew accustomed to Darkest’s effects. And then, on one fateful morning in Galar, she found herself burning through her Fortitude as the air crackled with electricity and flame lapped at scorched earth. Even now, she remembers the visceral terror of her partners as she blacked out.

Unlike many others, she was lucky enough to wake up a few weeks later, having been carried away from the fighting by her comrades. When she came to, she discovered that she had lost her starter and that she had been released from service after crippling her Fortitude. The coming months would be dark as she wrestled with herself, though she received a saving grace in the form of her mother and the Joltik that had hidden in her jacket hood and came home with her.

She’s in a better place now, and has formed a bond with the Joltik and begun preparing for the Bronze League—she’s not ready to move on just yet, so if she’s going down, she’s gonna go down fighting.”

Also Joltik is called Mac now. :) After mac n cheese because he loved stealing and eating it. Names by Anastasia’s mom.

Coolio! I rewrote the troublesome part of her backstory. Would this work?

That began another chapter in her life... During the Ultra Wars, she travelled the world, sent to reinforce cities or towns under the threat of attack. But their effects didn’t end there, and for the years following the Portal’s sealing, she was deployed to provide disaster relief in addition to their regular duties.

Several years passed, and the world gradually grew accustomed to Darkest’s effects. And then, on one fateful morning in Galar, she found herself burning through her Fortitude as the air crackled with electricity and flame lapped at scorched earth. Even now, she remembers the visceral terror of her partners as she blacked out.

Unlike many others, she was lucky enough to wake up a few weeks later, having been carried away from the fighting by her comrades. When she came to, she discovered that she had lost her starter and that she had been released from service after crippling her Fortitude. The coming months would be dark as she wrestled with herself, though she received a saving grace in the form of her mother and the Joltik that had hidden in her jacket hood and came home with her.

She’s in a better place now, and has formed a bond with the Joltik and begun preparing for the Bronze League—she’s not ready to move on just yet, so if she’s going down, she’s gonna go down fighting.”

Also Joltik is called Mac now. :) After mac n cheese because he loved stealing and eating it. Names by Anastasia’s mom.
Looks good o7 Accepted. Feel free to hop right into the RP.

Would Key Items include bikes or travel-related HMs?
Key Items would include bikes but not HMs, HMs don't function well in an RP setting. There are instead some replacements in place, such as needing a license to fly safely. I don't think there'd be much restriction on surfing though.

However, one of the key items I plan to add is an Aqua-breather, it's an item from Pokemon Ranger that allows you to breathe underwater. If anyone intends to spend a lot of time underwater then that might be of interest to them.

Your flying license would be considered a Key Item though.
It would be cool to have a radio like the Pokegear did in Heart Gold Soul Silver.
A radio would already be apart of your Poke-Device, no?

I'll compile a list of all the various apps, upgrades, and additional features of the Poke-Devices through the generations and then we can discuss what would come as default and what might need to be purchased separately.
Ok so I tried getting on discord but it’s not working. Where do you plan to have everyone meet?
@kyuukestu
I plan to have everyone meet at Lilypad Town, it's the location of the first event the Lilypad Tag Team Battle Competition.

Try this link, the one you tried might've expired.

> Server Invite <

Inventory-
4 Pokéballs
5,000 Pokédollers
Pokédex
Sleeping bag
Badge case
3 boxes of food from his mom
20 oran berrys
Rotom phone
Please note you aren't allowed to carry Pokeballs into the bronze league, so you'll have to buy them upon arrival. Since you have five Pokeballs (and used one to catch Scyther), then you should have 4,000 Poke-dollars left.

Also remember to mention bonding the pokemon you catch :blush:

Alright, after some searching these are the features I've come up with:
  1. Map
  2. Radio
  3. Smart-Phone
  4. Pokedex
  5. Battle Spot (Allows trainers to match battles with other nearby trainers)
  6. Local Annoucement/Shout Out
  7. Holo Caster
  8. 'Level' Tracker (Can measure the amount of energy a Pokemon has in them, i.e. what 'level' they're at.)
  9. Pokemon-List (Portable PC)
  10. Attack Dex (Allows the trainer to see what moves are known by a pokemon)
  11. Trade
  12. Condition Checker (Contest Stats)
  13. Friendship Checker
I'd say this is a good number of default functions for the Poke-Device. Feel free to suggest more features and apps that would be convenient or just cool.

Last edited:
  1. Map
  2. Radio
  3. Phone
  4. Pokedex
  7. Holo Caster
  8. 'Level' Tracker (Can measure the amount of energy a Pokemon has in them, i.e. what 'level' they're at.)
  11. Trade
I'd say this is a good number of default functions for the Poke-Device. Feel free to suggest more features and apps that would be convenient or just cool.
Sounds good, multipurposed device.

Mega Tinder!
Oh no...

1. Map
  2. Radio
  3. Phone
  4. Pokedex
  7. Holo Caster
  11. Trade
Audiobook player. Maybe a friendship/bond marker, like in the Sinnoh games.

Audiobook player. Maybe a friendship/bond marker, like in the Sinnoh games.
I thought about the friendship checker but I wasn't sure how it would even work in Rp. Any thoughts on it?
Mega Tinder!
Standard Apps available IRL can be downloaded via the phone feature, which shall be renamed to the smart-phone feature. That should encapsulate Playful's audiobook reader suggestion as well.

I thought about the friendship checker but I wasn't sure how it would even work in Rp. Any thoughts on it?

Standard Apps available IRL can be downloaded via the phone feature, which shall be renamed to the smart-phone feature. That should encapsulate Playful's audiobook reader suggestion as well.
Honestly, I think it would be faulty, however, maybe it ready body posture/expression of the Pokemon then judges from there. If that makes sense.

So, with the Poke-device mostly settled, let’s talk about Key Items. Here’s the list of key items I had in mind and their purposes:

Bicycles – Self-Explanatory, cost should be set at 1 million dollars to pay homage and because it’s funny. I hope to see many theories about the advanced capabilities of this million-dollar bike, play it up.

Fishing Rods – Also self-explanatory, if anyone’s got a love for fishing feel free to suggest extra add-ons like special lures or reeling with special effects.

Aqua-breathers – A device used to breathe underwater, appears in the Pokémon Ranger games. Here's an image:

tumblr_p8wr2aMFst1x19gtlo1_540.png

Berry Pots – This was noted as an item required for people who want to do herbology or advanced berry planting; appears in Pokémon HGSS

Scopes – My own little spin on the Silph Scope and I think it would help people who intend to take the classes on research and tracking. These would be highly advanced scopes/goggles that would allow trainers to see atypical things like ghost/ghost-types (even if they try to hide), pheromone trails, etc.

Explorer Kit – Basic exploration kit containing all the necessary tools needed to excavate some ruins and disarm or re-arm traps of all kinds; originates in the Gen IV games.

Poke-Radar – This might be token, but I figure if anyone wants to shiny hunt in RP then this’d be a way to ‘boost’ shiny rates

I’ve only perused up to Gen V so I might add additional Key Items later, but in the meantime tell me your thoughts and suggest any key items you have in mind.