• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed PokéSync: Discussion Thread

What region should the Rp be held in first?

• Kanto

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Johto

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Unova

• Kalos

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Alola

• Galar

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just throw it in the final tier of the trainer class that makes special items for Pokémon lel

That or make it extremely costly. Anyone can get it, but it’s locked behind a paywall. That way I can just whale for them later.

Instead of the traditional PP increasing items, I think it’d be cool to link them to the trainers as they attempt to increase their fortitude/capacity for certain moves. I also think this could come naturally with using the moves frequently. If they work it out a ton and it becomes more natural it should be easier to use.
Just throw it in the final tier of the trainer class that makes special items for Pokémon lel

That or make it extremely costly. Anyone can get it, but it’s locked behind a paywall. That way I can just whale for them later.
What I have in mind is more a combination of these two methods.

maybe stores have a limited stock? Maybe you can only buy one or two a day to prevent people from buying the whole stock?
Your pokemon would only be able to use a limited amount of these items, it'll have a max PP where any more is just wasted.
depends, I'm guessing you have an increase limit like in the games? Or can I get to a point where I can spam fire blast with my 100 pp?
I actually don't think I would increased the PP limit. I feel like since there's no move limit you shouldn't have any need to try and spam Firer Blast a ton of times. If every Pokemon has like at least 20-30+ moves in their move pool then they should have more than enough moves to not require that. Also, increased PP limit would not mean you could spam high-level moves repeatedly. It would still exhaust you to do so.

I think the limit would stay the same, so at most, you'd be able to use fire blast...four times? And that's maybe if you're Champion+ level or something.

I'm just looking for ideas on how this could all work out.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Name: Phoenix Heroux
Trainer Class (What goal do you have in mind for your character? Contests/Battler/Breeder/etc.): Actor
Physical Appearance: They keep their teal hair about shoulder length, partly in a bun. They have fairly pale skin with bright green eyes. They are about average in height, around 5' 5" but they usually say 5' 6. Their face is rather androgynous, with freckles around their nose.
Clothing: They usually wear a floral, short sleeve, button up shirt with a denim jacket as well as skinny jeans and some round rimmed glasses and converse shoes.
Personality: Phoenix is a bit on the dramatic side. They like to make a big deal out of small details, this being for better or for worse. They can be a bit of a perfectionist, which can cause them to practice for hours on end for anything they do. They are also a very loyal friend and will do anything for those close to them, even if they may make it seem like a big ordeal at first.
Backstory: Phoenix grew up in a pretty standard Sinnohan home, a mother, a father, and a sister. The only problem is that they were born with the name John. They never really felt like they fit in with other kids their age and always felt like something was different about them. They grew up watching movies and tv shows from Pokestar studios and always admired the actors who got to be whoever they wanted to be on stage. They decided as soon as they became 17 they would leave their house and make a new name for themself being the person they want to be.
Starter: Goomy

Name: Gel
Species: Goomy
Ability: Hydration
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Often Lost in Thought
Appearance: Just a normal slimey boi
Moves: Tackle, Bubble, Absorb, Protect

Last edited:
Name: Jade Heroux
Trainer Class (What goal do you have in mind for your character? Contests/Battler/Breeder/etc.): Actor
Physical Appearance: They keep their teal hair about shoulder length, partly in a bun. They have fairly pale skin with bright green eyes. They are about average in height, around 5' 5" but they usually say 5' 6. Their face is rather androgynous, with freckles around their nose.
Clothing: They usually wear a floral, short sleeve, button up shirt with a denim jacket as well as skinny jeans and some round rimmed glasses and converse shoes.
Personality: Jade is a bit on the dramatic side. They like to make a big deal out of small details, this being for better or for worse. They can be a bit of a perfectionist, which can cause them to practice for hours on end for anything they do. They are also a very loyal friend and will do anything for those close to them, even if they may make it seem like a big ordeal at first.
Backstory: Jade grew up in a pretty standard Sinnohan home, a mother, a father, and a sister. The only problem is that they were born with the name John. They never really felt like they fit in with other kids their age and always felt like something was different about them. They grew up watching movies and tv shows from Pokestar studios and always admired the actors who got to be whoever they wanted to be on stage. They decided as soon as they became 17 they would leave their house and make a new name for themself being the person they want to be.
Starter: Goomy

Name: Gel
Species: Goomy
Ability: Hydration
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Often Lost in Thought
Appearance: Just a normal slimey boi
Moves: Tackle, Bubble, Absorb, Protect
Accepted. Because we're using a merged move pool consisting of all generations, Goomy would also get Water Gun and Dragonbreath from Gen 8.

This is in sinnoh right

Name: Moxi Kovox

Trainer Class: Moxi’s dream is to become champion of the region and meet strong trainers and be friends with those he meets

Physical Appearance: Moxi has white hair with black eyes he is 5,3 in height and has a small scar on his right cheek

Clothing: Moxi normally wears a red and white stripped bandana and goggles that he got for his tenth birthday. He wears big red sneakers and dark blue jeans he wears a jacket with a Pokéball on the back

Personality: He’s always seems to be opstimistic and upbeat but when he gets into a battle his whole personality changes from happy-go-lucky to super serious and tactical

Backstory: Since he was 8 he had always loved Pokémon which is why he studied different type weaknesses, strengths and status effects. Since then he’s has his sights set on becoming champion

Starter: Froakie

Pokémon Bio Sheet
Name: Yukan

Species: Froakie

Ability: Torrent

Moves: Bubble, Lick, Quick Attack and Pound

Last edited by a moderator:
This is in sinnoh right

Trainer Class: Moxi’s dream is to become champion of the region and meet strong trainers and be friends with those he meets

Physical Appearance: Moxi has white hair with black eyes he is 5,3 in height and has a small scar on his right cheek

Clothing: Moxi normally wears a red and white stripped bandana and goggles that he got for his tenth birthday. He wears big red sneakers and dark blue jeans he wears a jacket with a Pokéball on the back

Personality: He’s always seems to be opstimistic and upbeat but when he gets into a battle his whole personality changes from happy-go-lucky to super serious and tactical

Backstory: Since he was 8 he had always loved Pokémon which is why he studied different type weaknesses, strengths and status effects. Since then he’s has his sights set on becoming champion

Pokémon Bio Sheet

Species: Ralts

Ability: Synchronize

Nature: Jolly

Moves: Disarming Voice, Confusion,Double Team and Hypnosis
Hmmm, since you don't have any prior history on Pokecharms and the thread will get locked if we violate rules with posts that are too short, would you mind writing your introduction post here? Sorry to frisk you like this but they're site rules.

After we look over your intro post we can give a stamp of approval or otherwise and then you can just copy-paste it over to the RP thread.

Also, as Koop pointed out, your Starter Pokemon should be the same the Pokemon bios you've filled out. So you need to either:

Change this to Ralts (the easier option, though you'd be our third trainer with a Ralts. Take that as you will.)

Or change this section to match Froakie.
Pokémon Bio Sheet

Species: Ralts

Ability: Synchronize

Nature: Jolly

Moves: Disarming Voice, Confusion,Double Team and Hypnosis

“Hey wake up it’s 1:00 in the morning kiddo how can you sleep so late jeez.”

A tall man in a tank top and underwear awakening Moxi from his sleep. Moxi only opened his eyes for a little bit before closing them again.

“I said get up.”

the man threw a pillow at Moxi which hit him square in the face it didn’t hurt but Moxi was irritated. He slowly got up and look at the man with anger and exhaustion.

“What is it Dad.”

“Don’t what me young man you’re suppose to get up at 8:30 what were you doing last night I saw you had you tv on.”

Moxi got up from his bed and slowly began making his way to the bath room to clean himself up.

“I was watching a couple of old Pokémon league battles from a long time ago. I didn’t think I would be hooked for that long sorry.”

“Your serious about this whole Pokémon league thing aren’t you?”

Moxi finished washing his face and had turned is head to his father.

“It’s been my dream since I was 9 years old I have no intentions of changing my mind.”

“Yeah, yeah I know but have you told your mother. You know she still wants you to be a professor she thinks that being a trainer is a bit to dangerous for you.”

Moxi spits his tooth paste in the sink and washes his mouth before responding

“What do you think about it then?”

“As long as you promise to becareful I don’t really care about what you do. Get in the shower and come downstairs once your done ok we’ll talk about it then, ok?”

Moxi only nodded. Once he got finished taking a bath he had put on some shorts and a short sleeved shirt and walk out. He was worried about the whole situation even if his mom didn’t the whole idea he was 17 he could make his own choices he just didn’t want to hurt his mothers feelings.

Once he had gotten down the stairs he saw his parents whispering to each other he was confused but didn’t think about it to much.

“Good morning Moxi.”

“Oh morning mom,sorry I woke up so late.”

“Would you be a dear, and get the mail your Father forgot to get it this morning.”

He gave his Dad a quick glance and saw him grinning as if he forgot to get it on purpose.
In his head he flipped his dad off but obliged to get the mail.

As Moxi went to the mail box he say his Dad’s Nidoking and Manetric. Nidoking was given the nickname King and Manetric was given the nickname Bolt he waved to King and Bolt and theybegan to walk over to Moxi.

“Hey Bolt and King, you look good this morning.”

King responded chirpily and patted Moxi on the head he had been doing that since Moxi was 7 but Moxi had gotten use to it by now Bolt licked Moxi’s face.

“Hehehe, ok you two stop it I gotta check the mail we can play some other time.”

Once Moxi had finished his sentence he had pulled out a package from the mail address to him

“I normally never get sent stuff what cou-

Moxi’s opened the box and pulled out his trainer card and his eyes widened more than they usually do.

“HOLY MOTHER OF POKÉMON.”

Moxi jumped up in the air kicking his feet together out of excitement Bolt and King decided to celebrate with him.

Both of Moxi’s parents walked out of the house to see what the commotion was just to see their son cheering and screaming.

“MOXI!”

His dad yelled causing Moxi, King and Bolt to stop what they were doing while Moxi looked at his parents smiling.

Moxi ran up to them shoving his trainer card in their faces his dad looked at it for a moment and the responed.

“Could you not have taken a better picture of your face you look weird.”

His dad said jokingly Moxi giggled a bit but then his mom put her hands on his shoulders .

“Moxi I want you to promise me something before we do anything else.”

Moxi looked here dead in the eyes he could tell she was being serious he nodded.

“I already know I can’t stop you so I’ll ask this of you. Will you please be safe out their in the world.”

Moxi grabbed his mother’s hands firm and tightly before responding .

“Of course Mom.”

“Ok then I guess you can go ahead give it to him dear.”

Moxi looked at his father and saw him grab a Pokéball from his pocket with something written on the ball. His Dad then handed him the ball so that he could get a better look at name of the Pokémon

“Fro-ki-e hang on a second isn’t this one of the starter Pokémon from Professor Sycamore, Dad how did you-

“You keep forgetting I’m his personal assistant all I did was ask him for a favor and he was happy to help.”

Moxi looked down at th ball and smiled

“Hi there, Partner

Last edited by a moderator:
This is in sinnoh right

Pokémon Bio Sheet

Species: Froakie

Ability: Torrent

Moves: Bubble, Lick, Quick Attack and Pound
Alright, looks good. Make sure to go through the first post, it's quite a lot since there are a lot of small details that are different from standard pokemon. For example, we're using move sets with no limits and with learn-set across generations. So Froakie could have five moves adding Growl.

I believe if anything else pops up someone will shoot you a message.

Accepted!

We're in the Sinnoh region, feel free to talk to the others if you want to join a team. Also, there's a link to the discord in the first post if you'd like to join.

Let's talk Pokemon Hustle!

It's one of the many events in the Sinnoh region that trainers will be able to participate in:

The Sinnoh Pokémon Hustle is a competition in which Trainers and their Pokémon work together to try and clear a series of challenging physical obstacles, and the team that succeeds wins a prize.

250px-Sinnoh_PokC3A9mon_Hustle.png

200px-Sinnoh_PokC3A9mon_Hustle_stage_1.png

200px-Sinnoh_PokC3A9mon_Hustle_stage_2.png

Ofc, every obstacle course needs well...obstacles. So I want some opinions on what obstacles to add to the course, feel free to draw inspiration from shows like WipeOut or Ninja Warrior.

Ok if there must be a full on obstacle course the balls like I said come earlier and maybe something like climbing or monkey bars but having to avoid being hit by different things like big hammers swinging in a circle. Another thought I had was was an area with a giant pit with some pillars in the area ( like with the in my hero during the U.A. sports festival) that some Pokémon would be able to jump over easily while others would have to take their time getting across. That’s all I’ve really right now I’ll see if I can come up with something else later today

Ok another idea trainers and Pokémon have to cross a giant river with rocks as platforms simple enough right, but some of the rocks are much more fragile then others and will break after a few seconds of standing on them and then I had another idea where you go against a swarm of (weak) Pokémon but there a tons of them in the area meaning that they can gang up on you quickly I also think for Pokémon hustle that certain moves should be prohibited and if you use those moves your disqualified

I started to think about some sort of race idea where Pokémon could use attacks on one another to sabatoge them or a mine field like area (like mha) where pokemon can not use fly and some of them could easily make it by jumping but they have to be careful or they’ll trigger the mines but they won’t actually hurt the Pokémon just blow the back

A minefield could be interesting, and speaking of sabotage. We could split the trainers into two sides (not teams since its free-for-all).

On the first course, the first side will run through the obstacle course while the second side attempts to sabotage them with Pokemon moves (attacking trainers directly isn't allowed), and afterward, on the second course, the roles would flip with the second side running the course and the first side attempting to sabotage them. Finally, the third course will pit the survivors against each other to see who gains 1st, 2nd, & 3rd.

Quick question would getting a rare starter Pokémon like turtwig allowed as long as it is native to that region
You can possess any pokemon as a starter so long as it:

1. Doesn't have egg moves
2. Doesn't have hidden abilities
3. Isn't a single stage pokemon (e.g. Absol, Mawile, Kecleon, etc.)

Other than that, anything else is fair game.

Edit:

My mistake.

You can catch any pokemon you want. However, Pokemon with egg moves and hidden abilities are rare, and at the moment, can only be found in Swarms/Hordes or Hidden Grottos. The list of these Hordes/Swarms, their location, and when they'll appear can be found through the table of contents.

Do note that pokemon with egg moves/hidden abilities have a catch rate, similar to in the games, so you'll want to be well-stocked on pokeballs.

Last edited: