• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Roll To Dodge Adventures - The Grail

Status
Not open for further replies.
My head hurts when I regain consiousness, and find myself in a dripping and disgusting sewer. Fumbling around in my pockets, I find all my gold gone. All of it. I have no means of buying anything now. I loudly utter a series of strong words and curse myself for being stupid enough to engage in the heated conversation with the salesman.

Apart from the money, nothing else appears to be missing- I have my weapons and other contents of my pockets. He must've been in a hurry to dissapear from the crime scene.

I need my money if I want to be able to prepare properly for the dungeon. As I crawl out of the sewer and walk back to the market square, I find the stand empty. Clever guy.

I decide to ask around at the neighbouring stands, and gather as much information about the salesman as possible- With the ultimate goal of finding out where he lives. I'm quite confident that he would gladly return my gold if my hollow canines got close enough to his wife's or children's neck.

I start at the stand opposite of the armor stand; The fish sellers. I'll need to be charming for this- I have no means of bribing anyone right now. Intimidation is a different story, of course, but I keep that as a plan B.

(P.S. It probably doesn't matter much, but I just want to point out- I didn't say two golden coins, I said two golden coins less.)

I decide to go into the church, with the sole ambition of getting a spell book they most likely have locked away somewhere.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Blech. Now I need to find somewhere to bathe.

I try to find a cheap place to do just that. Perhaps find something useful along the way. :3

I'm sure that possible disease will in no way come to bite me in the ass. >>;

Toru - 6 You step into one of the blacksmith's and see a shocking sight. A man which you can determine is the blacksmith, is lying dead on the floor, it looks like he died a while ago, from having his throat slit. You see the huge broadsword in his hands, covered in blood, and it becomes clear that he killed himself with the weapon. It's a very well carved weapon, with a huge sapphire on the hilt, and wings sprouting from that gem. You pick up the weapon and realize that it is a very well crafted weapon. You got Rogar's Lament, the greatest masterpiece of a famed blacksmith famous for taking his own life after he knew that he crafted the best weapon he would ever build.

And yet you still decided to label it "Foresharn" with black paint. Seriously, 5th Planet Games is going to be pissed.

Belle - 5 You are an Amazonian Warrior great strength. You come from a society where women are the dominating gender, and thus you see most other men in the same way, unless he proves himself in combat. For whatever reason, you have traveled from your isolated home to challenge the deadly dungeon. Perhaps female power is just what is needed to crack this dungeon open. You carry a long spear, that you have the strength to hurl like a javelin should you wish. You wear very unusual armor, made entirely out of thickly woven vines, using a special technique only known in your society. This provides you with protection that is stronger than leather armor, and yet gives you free mobility as if you were just wearing regular clothes. Your pet Hellhound takes on the appearance of a midnight-black dog that exhales fire. He is smaller than most of his kind, which can grow to be twice the size of a human, but that doesn't make him any less fierce and dangerous. You carry 25 gold coins, it seems that Amazonians are very wealthy, as this isn't that much money where you come from.

You start off in a local inn on the town outskirts, where men take the day off to have a good strong drink or two, typical pigs. However, perhaps these worthless males can do something right, like give you information about the dungeon. Or you can decide that they aren't worth your time, and go off to another place in town of your choosing, whether its the market for supplies, the town center for news, or even some other place of your own choosing.

Tunolipede - 3 The man easily opens up and talks to you, even giving you a tip for the dungeon ahead...

Unfortunately, someone else took advantage. And by the time you realize you were pickpocketed and had 3 gold nicked from you, it's far too late. You're still unsure if the man you were talking to was in on the theft or not, but you would certainly have questions if you ever saw him again.

Dark Soul - 3 First off, you're not broke. He only took 12 of your 20 coins, so you still have 8 left. And I know what you suck, I just twisted your wording because you have so many words, I'm certain you wouldn't notice one or a couple twisted around. Speaking of that, did you notice what I did before you got to this. If not, then now you see what I mean.

Anyway, you find no luck with the merchants, probably because they saw you're attempts at bargaining, and decided that you got what you deserved. However, a man in a nearby alleyway says that he can direct you to the man's home, where he probably is now, for the right price. He proposes 7 gold for the directions, deal or no deal?

Blazi - 6 You enter the church, where a small procession is being led by a priest that does not utter a word. After he is done giving various religious gestures, he approaches you and gives you a variety of similar gestures. Knowing the basic elements of yes-and-no in all Pokemon Games, you nod. He smiles and gives you a large heavy book, then points towards the door, signaling you to go. You somehow find yourself outside on a bench before you can even protest. You check out the book and realize that not just is it a religious text on his religion, but also has a chapter dedicated to spells on light-based magic, which produces illumination, hypnosis, and a powerful charm spell that you suspect that he himself used on you in the church just now. Whatever the purposes of this man, you smile as you realize just how big of a find you have. You can now craft runes for these spells with stone and crystal, should you be able to get the crystal in town.

Dwayna Dragonfire - 5
You find a spa near the town center that eagerly welcomes you in. The manager apparently wants to test a new treatment on you thanks to your scaly hide. You somehow end up agreeing, despite the last time you agreed blindly to such things. Thankfully, the treatment of rock salts works well. And with the rest of the spa treatment going on well. You get rid of the smell and are now looking more radiant and beautiful as ever, well as beautiful as one can call a lizard-woman-thing.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Oh, I didn't know you had already posted. XD

Well, it's causing me more trouble than what it's worth, and I don't think I have enough to get a blacksmith to fix it for me. It'll just have to do for now.

I think I'll walk around town and see if there's anything cheap or on sale that I can buy. Besides, the more I walk around in this solid form, the more I could get used to it, right?

... Right?

*Shiny expects to trip over a rock sooner or later

With the power of Roga - FORESHARN by my side, I head out of the blacksmith's, with a note by the side of the man -

"INB4 ZACKY"

What on earth could that mean? I snigger as I exit the blacksmith's - my preparations for the journey towards the grail are almost, almost complete! To finish, I head to the market, and arrive at the general stall, and ask the clerk what basic provisions for a long travel I could purchase with at most, 5 gold coins.

... Two sixes in a row? Lady Luck: Two questions. Would you like a puppy, and will you marry me?

Anyway, onto the game. I decide to walk down to the town, not to buy anything yet, just to see what they have there and assess the situation.

And If I'm going to be attacked, I'll raise an undead or two when I am.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I'm quite happy with this. My scales are shiny and bright. :3

Now that I'm all cleaned up and have some more coin, I will look for some better equipment, or at least start to gather a party to go with me into the dungeon.

Shiny Eevee - 6 The last thing anybody would see out on the streets is a wind spirit, when does the wind itself go shopping anyway? Merchants are happy to pounce on such people, as new species means new business. You eventually several polite merchants who each offers to take all the measly money you have on you, and give you either a huge bag of food, a suit of steel armor, or a bottle of rare elixir that can heal all wounds. All you have to do in return is tell your people about them, as many as you can. Better practice for your advertisement speech.

Toru - 6 You see one merchant who looks troubled. You come over, thinking its because he's a fairly cheap place who would happily sell you something for your 5 gold coins. The case is actually that he is trying to sell a pair of adamantite platelegs, except its not working because his advertisement for it is "Your balls are well cased in these joggers!" You use some bargaining, and convince him to sell you the powerful, yet heavy, pants for your 5 gold. Somebody is going to get one heck of a surprise next time they try kicking you in the nuts.

Blazi - 6 I guess she likes the puppy, and she accepted the proposal. Now you find a stout hunchback that leads you to his little shack in town. You walk in and see a necromancers haven, bones, limbs, organs, and other various body parts hang on the walls. The hunchback necromancer however does not go for them, he instead reaches for a thick jar on the bloody shelf. It is filled with what looks like black liquid, it shakes violently, and you can swear you can hear screaming. He insists that it will aid you in the dungeon ahead, and immediately opens the bottle and presses it into your robes. The bottle drains out in seconds, as if there was nothing in it. You feel nothing, but look down as a face pokes through your robes for just a second, uttering a silent scream before disappearing into the fabric. The man explains that he has harvested souls for years from the damned and wants to test an idea for robe armor. He says he knows of your profession, and that's why he wants no other to be the one to test the protection that a hundred damned souls can give to the living, to atone for their sins before they can move on to the next world. You're worried that one of the souls will start poking out at a bad time, like it did just now, but yet you thank him for the upgrade to your robes, giving you a very unique armor.

Dwayna Dragonfire - 6 You quickly find a man in strange clothes who rambles that he just traveled from 20,000 years into the future, and brought back a token from the far-fledged future, that he says will heal any throat of ailment. He quickly sees your draconic form and gives you a sample for free, telling you that it will be useful. You have no idea what he's rambling on about, and are tempted to throw the strange bottle with a tube away, but curiosity tells you to go to a corner and try the strange thing. You follow the instructions he gave, and breathe in from the bottle from the mouthpiece, and feel a strange air rush through your throat. You almost empty the bottle in one go, and only stop to gasp for air. Usually, your asthma would bring you down to the ground like this, but you feel nothing. You breathe better and stronger than before, as if you have lungs with the strength of cannonballs. Your asthma is cured!

With that out of the way, you scout around the market and see several people that you suspect are adventurers like yourself. Most notably...

• A young Elven Archer
    A very young mage
    What appears to be a transparent girl
    A draconic warrior
    A human warrior
    A pale man with a belt full of throwing weapons

Feel free to approach one or two to form your party

All of you got six? Please excuse me now, but I need to check into a mental ward. I think my brain just imploded

(... there is no chance that I'll get a six this time round. Dear god, help me ;; )

I quickly and politely thank the man for his information and scurry out of the bar before any other pickpocketers or just plain trouble-makers could target me.

With somewhat muffled enthusiasm I wander around confidently (or at least I try to look confident) in search of other people looking for the grail. Maybe I'll stumble into someone~

Ahh, lovely~

Much as I loathe to become dependent on the aid of hopelessly grizzled, bumbling male specimens, it wouldn't do to go out into the town knowing anything less than what they can teach me.
I suppose I'll have to charm some valuable information from them.
And, if that doesn't work, charm them better - and this time with sharp things.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I think you put myself on that list of prospective allies. :p I'm happy that my asthma is cured! I'll be able to breathe more easily... in both senses of the word. >3

I see a pale man with throwing weapons and ask him to join my party. I also attempt to gather the assistance of the elven archer. If neither of these folk would like to come with me, I will ask the others.

Oh, and I totally use my draconic charms to do so. Which will in no way make things worse. >>;

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
.... I think I just lol'd at all the six's. And the fact that Blazi got yet ANOTHER six. Break that streak already, dang it!

I think I'll take the elixirs. I mean, really, I have no need for human food and the armor would be more of a hindrance than help for me.

Hm, what to do now... oh wait, this is a town filled with adventurers, right? I should probably ask somebody why so many people pass through this place, and what is this talk about the "grail" that I hear of so much?

You lucky bastards. I probably would've been the C-C-Combo Breaker in that post anyway :p

I hestitate for a moment, then accept the man's offer- But with the previous happenings in mind, I tell him I will give him four gold pieces when I'm ready to go and the other three later. Oh, and I will be five steps behind him while he guides me to the house, so if this is some form of set-up, there will be no other knocking-out's.

I make plans with him to meet up in front of the church at sundown. Even in this state, as human as I can possibly be- Hell, my heart is almost beating!- I'm a better hunter at night.

Tunolipede - 1 Oh you stumbled into someone alright. Another darn thief! You don't even notice as a man reaches into your pouch and steals what money you had left, that's 3 gold down the drain. If you want more gear, you're going to have to make some more money...

Belle - 3 Looks like one of these men think the same way you do, he call you a filthy skank who belongs in a brothel or some other degraded place! A typical woman stereotype. You prove him wrong In a swift stroke of anger, you grab the man and throw him across the room, knocking over a few tables and everything that was on them. In a flash, you are back over the man, ready to hurt him some more, but he instantly caves, and tells you what you want...

When you're done, you knock the man out, and then turn to see an angry barkeep, clearly because of the damage you did to his inn. You apologize and give him 5 gold, he stops shouting, but still throws you out of the inn. You're not welcome back in there again.

Dwayna Dragonfire - No Roll Guaranteed actions like this one do not require a roll to commence, so there is no gain or loss in acting on them.

You approach the pale man, having just witnessed him talking with a shady figure in the side alley, and start off a conversation, quickly getting to the point about the upcoming dungeon. After you are done explaining, you await for his reply. To continue, you must wait for Dark Soul to reply.

Shiny Eevee - 1 You are, well, largely ignored. Because you're basically semi-solid air, people don't quite realize that there is a living being there. So you constantly get pushed around by the crowds. Ultimately, you end up dropping your weapon rapier, and lose it momentarily under the feet of people. When you pick it up again, the weapon is in two pieces. Now you have to fix it to be able to use it again.

Dark Soul - No Roll He isn't too happy with only getting 4 gold now, but he agrees anyway. As soon as the two separate, you are approached by a female dragonic warrior, who starts off with a brief conversation, before getting to the point. You now have the option to team up with this woman and work together to get to the final treasure. So take it, or leave it.

... ;__________;

I sigh and curse quietly under my breath. So now all I have is myself, some runes, the robes I'm wearing and ... some salty meat? Oh well, I guess it's better than nothing.

Seeing as there's nothing better to do, I attempt to begin street performing, busking; singing. Maybe I'll get money from it. I ... dunno ;;

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
PFFFFFFF

Well, seeing as all my money's been used up anyways, and I just continuously trip over this stupid thing, I think I'll try to sell its pieces for some money. If not, I'll just throw it all away but keep the blade just in case.

Oh, what's that noise? Ah, it's a little girl who's singing. Perhaps I could talk to her and give her a coin or two if I manage to sell this (broken) rapier.

Whatever that place was a hole anyway.
I'm intrigued by the information he's provided me with, though, and decide the best course of action would be to go shopping for some new weaponry.

Or silverware.

After the man dissapears from the back alley, having agreed to the deal- Albeit grudgingly-, someone walks up to me; A member of a race I have never seen before, a dragonoid human (Or maybe a humanoid dragon?), with green scales and tattered wings.

The dragonelle engages in conversation with me, and after exchanging a few pleasantries, she cuts to the chase and starts talking about her Grail quest. I realize she must've recognized a treasure seeker in me as well; Is it really that obvious? Do we just have this aura of 'I'm looking for my ultimate dream' surrounding us? Or is this dragonelle just exceptionally sharp?

She makes an offer that's hard to resist; Partnership and cooperation in our quest for the Grail. I've only just met this woman- How can I be sure if she is trustworthy? But on the other hand, in a mission as dangerous as this one, allies are to be cherished.

I decide to take her offer, and I shake her hand. This can be the start of something very profitable, but I will nevertheless watch my back. You never know in a world like this.

I bend over slightly and whisper something that might be interesting to her. It doesn't seem like I'm going to make it with my new schedule, but if she has some free time tonight, she might find it worth a try.

Unfortunately Luckii, you are too late. I said that I was only accepting 8 players, and that's been filled up. By Teapot, Tunolipede, Shiny Eevee, Dwayna Dragonfire, Toru, Dark Soul, Blazi, and Belle. So new entries are currently closed. Don't worry though. We're making a lot more progress with this game than I thought we would, so the next phase should be started in early November hopefully, as long as nobody has any vacations planned. If that's too long, I can put you on a waiting list. So if someone already in the game has to drop out, then you can fill in the spot. If I get confirmation that someone drops out, I'll PM you and say that you can claim the spot. In the meantime, I have a treat in store for you players.

Tunolipede - 4 You try your hand at street performing, and it does turn a few heads. Being a child helps a lot too in that sense, and you have made an additional 5 gold. You pocket your additional money, and notice what apparently is a blob of swirling air just a few feet in front of you. You recall somewhere that Aurae in the old days could be frozen and turned into a large supply of crystals. Maybe if you trapped this one in your handy dandy bottle, you could test that theory, if you choose.

Shiny Eevee - 1 I think you stole Miss Fortune's lipstick one time, because she has one heck of a grudge. You make your way over, but immediately trip once again. Now you have lost your rapier and what meager coins you had left to the trampling crowds. You realize that you have caught the attention of the young girl, and pause to see what she does, and is that a bottle hanging from her robes?

Belle - 3 You look for silverware, and you find very little. However, in a local china stall, you find a rounded ornate silver plate, which you notice has slightly sharp edges. It's 8 gold, a lot for a piece of dishware, but it would make an unorthadox discus weapon.

And what do you know! It looks like Dwayna and Dark Soul have decided to team up as a party. So I guess I have to explain how coop in this game works now. You two have to have a similar level of activity, or allow each other to control your actions. This is because when I make a report, and if you have similar actions, I roll 2 dice, and the best roll determines the action's success rank. However, this comes at a cost of heightened consequences for poor rolls like 2 or 1. Also, it's possible for a party to break up at any time, by choice or by circumstance. Poor rolls especially have a good chance of breaking up a party in the blink of an eye. So that explains the teamwork function. If you have any questions or qualms with this, be sure to PM them to me.

Aaanyway. What time is it? Not Adventure Time, unless it's 7 o clock on a Friday, but Quest Time! Basically, these game-master generated events happen once every blue moon, and has a large impact on the story as a whole. There is a goal to the quest, and the first to reach that goal will receive valuable rewards, that are even better than those generated by 6 rolls. So I suggest you try to get it first. You need more than the luck of the dice, you have to be crafty, a unique solution to a problem can give you a boost to become the first to beat the quest. May the best adventurer win!

You hear screaming from the town hall, and there is smoke spewing into the sky. Banditos have taken over the Town Hall! They have the building locked down completely, with hostages inside with them, including the town mayor, and they will slaughter them all if the town guard tries to interfere. So the guard are now holed up in front of the town hall, trying to negotiate with the bandits. Buildings on either side of the town hall have been lit ablaze, with fires roaring through their roofs. It is apparent that these side buildings were how the bandits got in in the first place, so it's logic that they would want to cut off the side entrance so nobody comes up behind them. Though there may be other ways into the building. Act quickly adventurers! Time is of the essence! And there may be a reward should you successfully liberate the hostages without invoking disaster. Good luck!

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I shake hands with the pale-faced man, who tells me a spicy tidbit. I return the favour with a spicy tidbit of my own...

Just as we're officially working together, bandits strike the town hall! Being of the noble sort, I want to try and save these people. I express this to my new companion, who is welcome to come with me and grab a people meal together if he wants to. If not, we can always meet up again later.

Otherwise, I try to find another way into the town hall. Perhaps someone has information, or my keen dragon senses will pick up something.

What do these people eat with?
Alloy metals?
Ignoring my own disgust at the lack of weaponizable cutlery in the vicinity, I find that the silver plate pleases me greatly. It is of decent size, which not only quells some of my reservations about the price, but invokes within me an amorous sense of nostalgia.
This one's for you, Cap.

... wait who is cap
is that not a hat?
Certainly it couldn't be anything of a masculine variety, especially not with that incredible jawline or those amazing eyes or that absolutely absurdly enamoring physique.
Certainly not, what a thought to entertain~

I immediately set about gently bending the plate into the appropriate shape.

But 'lo!
Evidently there is danger afoot!
Blazing homes?
Rampaging roaring flames?
I laugh at your perception of danger!
Using my hellhound as a fashionable scarf, he proceeds to melt into a shadowy hellcloak that I use for protection to fight back the flames surrounding town hall's neighbors.

... *Takes Lady Luck on the best goddamn honeymoon ever!*

After receiving the new armor, I thank the hunchback and leave his quaint... uh... cottage...

As soon as I leave, I decide to head towards the town. As soon as I get there...

Lo! Behold! Evil in the streets (and it's not just me)! I see the smoke and guess something big is coming. I send my Vampire bat off to find some blood for a rune and hope he gets back to me in time. After doing that, I head off to the source of the smoke, and hope I get there in time.

You never know, badguys drop all sorts of loot.

In return for my helpful tip, she returns the favour and tells me something very interesting and profitable for the future. Just as I want to give it some thought, I hear the first screams and smell the smoke even before I see it lingering in the air.

Panic waves trough the crowds, and I listen in to their distressed conversations- Local officials are being held captive in the town hall, and fires are blazing around it, cutting of all entrances except the large main once, but it's defended by the captors.

My new partner in crime looks at me and explains she wants to go over and help; If the town officials can be saved, there's bound to be some good stuff in store for the saviours. I nod in agreement; I could care more about the people who have lost or are about to lose their lives, but it's worth a try, despite my current relative vulnerability to weapons and fire. I'll have to stay behind the dragonelle for most of the time; I'm taking fire can't really affect her, and her skin is most likely a lot tougher then mine.

As we're running over, we plan a bit ahead- We can either try to fight our way trough the main entrance- A myth I was told as a young boy flashes trough my mind, the forlorn story of a brave young man by the name of Leeroy Jenkins-, somehow fight our way trough the fire and jump from window to window, or, as suddenly strikes me, choose the safest way, although it may turn out to be pointless if there's no exit; The sewers.

I leave the choice up to her, and await her predicament.

Oh wow! Fancy Pants! I put on my brand new Fancy Groin Protecting Pants on over my rugged cloth ones, and pose heroically - wait what no.

WHAT

NO

THIS IS NOT PROVISIONS

THIS IS PANTS.

I realise that once again, I've been dragged in by fancy bargains. Looks like I'm going to have to ask at another stall to see what provisions I can purchase for a budget of 2 silver...

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
LADY LUCK WHAT HAVE I EVER DONE TO YOU!? </3
Fine, I'mma throw everything away and keep the blade. Not like I can do much at this point. D:< (BLAZI GIMME SOME OF YER LUCK DANGIT)

Well ah, I try to collect myself together from my fall and as I get up, I somehow manage to spy that bottle on the girl's robe.

Crap.

And now buildings on fire?

Double crap.

I turn my attention away from the girl and attempt to put the fires down by creating a vacuum of air around the flames, depleting them of oxygen. After that, I release the vacuum and allow the air to reach equilibrium again, which hopefully means that the air whooshes back in and prevents the bad guys from advancing forward for a bit.

My mind straying from the aura suddenly, I turn to look at the building being engulfed by flames. I see that many people have already went forth to try and stop some stuff from happening, but I quickly make my way over and see if I can get in to look for any trapped civilians that need help getting out.

Apologies for the week wait, I had to work double time due to school on top of university applications. So yeah, it could go on for a few more weeks. Anyway...

Dwayna Dragonfire - 3 and Dark Soul - 5 Dwayna scout the scene and can't find an easy way in on her own, she deduces that the best way to break in is through the same way that the bandits themselves came in: the adjacent burning buildings, your draconic skin should help you some, but you won't get out without a few burns. Your new ally however has a better idea: The sewers. Either there's a way in through the sewers or the Town Hall keeps its sewage in a closet.

Belle - 3 I'm sorry, your hellhound can turn into a cloak? Why would he be a puppy when he could be an elephant if he wanted to? I'm not even going to question you Amazons anymore, you're all just mind breaking. Either way, just because his element is fire, doesn't mean he's immune to it. Your cruel act to protect yourself has burned off the hair on the back of your beloved pup, now he's half-naked, and won't stop scratching himself. He's not going to help much in combat for a while. You however, make it through to the second floor, and see an open window leading into the town hall. You now have to get into it. You could try jumping for it, or maybe there's something else you could try.

Blazi - 1 Uh oh! Looks like word of your marriage got around, and now the estranged ex from Lady Luck's bi-curious past has come to punish you. Watch out Mr. Luck, Miss Fortune is on your back, and your lucky streak is over! Just after you send your vampire bat off to find blood, he finds a nice little lady bat flying around, and goes off after her, forgetting entirely about you and what he's supposed to do in his urge to make a litter of bat-babies. You should have trained him before you sent him out so foolishly, or at least castrated him. You however, get there in time to see, well, the same thing I already described. Shit's bad, and you're out there and they're in there, and you're not going to be getting in there unless you do something.

Toru - 4 Apparently, the troubles of Valhalla are of no concern to you, and you happily take advantage of the sudden confusion and panic to do some bargain shopping. You help yourself to a sack of mixed meats, dropped on the ground by a very startled man who's already on the far side of the street, settling your provision needs. There! Happy? Now stop pestering me about it, and enjoy the damn pants or I'll make the crotch plate fall off!

Shiny Eevee - 2 Good news, the girl is distracted and you don't have to worry about being bottled up, the bad news, you're making everything worse. Your winds feed the fire, and make it spread faster, even as pieces of the fire rain down on the streets and cause people to panic more. At the same time, the men inside are getting free air-conditioning. This clearly isn't working.

Tunolipede - 4 You go over and do your part outside the Town Hall first, as you currently have no way inside. As a wind blows and burning debris starts to rain down on the street, some people are caught underneath. You physically remove the debris from one person quickly, with a few burns on your hands as a cost. Not too much to pay however, when this man gives you some handy advice...

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Okay, the solution is simple.

Obviously, I ragequit. After my endless array of horrible luck, I dissolve back into the air. Before I go, however, I leave a little gift behind in the form of an aura ring, which gives the wearer control over the winds. Perhaps nobody will notice it, but it's my token of saying thanks to the human world for providing such an interesting experience for me.

Oh, and I leave the elixirs behind too, because I won't need them anymore.
Perhaps I'll rejoin this adventure when the other heroes have left town~

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
My companions suggestion is intriguing, though I did just have a bath not minutes ago...

Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. I agree to try to find our way through the sewers, searching for the nearest sewer entrance to find my way down.

Now thoroughly screwed over, I decide to continue on to the burning building.

Wait.

Shiny.

Shiny Ring.

I notice a ring on the ground and my spide- I mean Magey senses start tingling. I decide to pick up and wear the ring to see what it does. Maybe it can help me in some way?

Plus those Elixers. They might help.

(EXTRA: I also attempt to defeat Miss Fortune Scott Pilgrim-style, with exploding into money and one-ups and what not.)

Brendan Savem said:
Toru - 4 Apparently, the troubles of Valhalla are of no concern to you

SORRY WHAT

SUPER 'I WISH I WAS A GEOKINETIC BUT OH WELL' ACTION SEQUENCE GO!

The man running in distress causes me to see the situation at hand. Gathering some information from the witnesses around the hall, I figure the best option now would be to break in, and assault them with a surprise attack. Climbing up the structure, I prepare to smash through a window and jump in, slicing the banditos before they can even make a move. Anyway, I'm not even part of the Town Guard!

SDFGDFGDSFH
POOCH
oh my poor baby I am sorry boo hoo hoo

After taking a moment to mope over my own stupid actions, I decide that it is time to take on Town Hall. Using a relatively stable looking board, I lay it between the windows to use as a makeshift bridge and dive for the opening

Brendan, this game intrigues me and I am depressed I've missed the deadline. Sorry to mess with the flow of the game, but I'd very much enjoy being put on a waiting list, if you please? :3

I memorize the general location of the town hall, and search for the nearest manhole. Lifting the lid reveals a very unpleasant but not sickening odour, and I dive down, waiting for my new companion below.

We traverse trough the stinky tunnels of this town's sewage system in the half-dark, the only light provided by other manholes. I trust my senses and lead us to what I believe is below the town hall, and ask my companion to be alert for any manholes in the ceiling or possibly even the sound of flushing.

Here's to Lady Luck- That Christmas gift offer is still valid! Also, I'm so sorry to hear about your recent divorce, m'lady.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Snapping out of my incredible reverie, I head immediately to the Town Hall, and try to assist Tun in helping out.

Alright before I begin, I'm going to post my current draft for combat, since one lucky duck is about to engage in it. Which will follow something akin to the Fighting Fantasy Game Books, which had a roll for each player, and the higher roll inflicts the wound. Mine will be similar, with player and opponent (whether it's a monster, or even another player in some cases), will each roll a die, each individual roll will affect what action they take, but the difference between them is what affects the damage inflicted.

Finally, you may be lucky enough to find the opportunity for a Flourish. This is basically a window in combat when you deal a specifically high amount of damage in a single attack that allows you to roll for a chance for an instant-kill. It is pretty much the same as regular die rolls, you can end spectacularly, regularly, fail and get hurt, or fail so bad that the tables turn, and you can find yourself on the other end of a flourish before you can say "Boll-" *dies*.

Remember, this will work both ways for some enemies, but not all, which means you might find yourself dying rather quickly if the computer is luckier than you are. However, it's subject to the same rules as you are. So it might just be your blessing for an unfortunate battle.

For the purpose of this test, all characters will start with a health/hitpoints of 20, which recovers by 1 between each action that doesn't involve combat. In a later stage, hopefully soon, I will have the health affected by armour or other equipment, but I want to see how this standard level works, then I'll make the adjustments.

For now, each individual attack will be broken up into each move the player makes. I'm looking for feedback on whether I should automate the battle the whole way through, or keep it in this manner, or any other suggestion you may have. Comments are important, that's why you're in the town and not the dungeon right now. Anyway, back to the game!

Shiny Eevee - 6 In a laughable fashion, Shiny gets angry and rockets off back to the heavens with rainbow trailing behind her, now she will forever fly across the galaxies alongside her new companion: a pop-tart cat. That six is why you should have stuck around Shiny. However, the one ring you left behind might be useful to someone else, depending on what it does exactly.

Don't worry about your replacement, we have a waiting list of people that are eager to steal your spot, and at the top of that is... Luckii, now go make your character, and jump on in on the fun! Remember the drill: Species, Profession, and Age, and stay active please. Or don't, because Chadwyck would certainly like that.

Dwayna Dragonfire - 2 and Dark Soul - 4 While Dark Soul leads, Dwayna follows behind. Dark Soul walks right under a drain, while when Dway does, it begins to pour with a nasty fluid, that ruins her beautiful looks and leaves her smelling like urine. Lovely. But it does have its perks, Dark Soul then discovers a large pipe that probably leads up to the town hall, if you can get up. that is. Also, just so you know, Lady Luck hasn't divorced yet, and she's rather insulted. Hope you aren't expecting a Christmas Present from her this year.

Blazi - 2 You're getting the coins blasted out of you, hope you have another life handy, you might need it. You put the ring on your finger, and grimace in pain as it saps you. You double over in pain, and only with a sharp tug at your finger do you manage to remove the ring and stop the pain. The memory of the pain however doesn't go away, and hammers at your concentration. With that harsh experience behind you, now it's time to turn back to the task at hand

Toru - 1 You run up to the town hall, eager to do something awesome and smash the bandits apart. Except... they have bows... big ones. You suddenly are knocked back as an arrow pierces through you and sends you flying back into the crowds, feeling sharp pain where the arrow pierced through your chest barely missing your vitals. You then feel your head crack the floor as you land on your back. You start to move, but find yourself locked in place by the arrow, which is now imbedded in the stone, you are stuck!

Belle - 6 You stick the board through the window, until it almost reaches the window of the town hall. Then, with one swift push, you push the board through the window, shattering the glass and providing an easy passage inside. You see a man stick his head through, and you toss your spear, taking him out of sight. You run across and see the man dead with the spear through his head, he's not alone though. As another man draws his sword for battle... FIGHT! Also, he has 10 hp.

Teapot - No Roll You head to the town hall, apparently driven to help a little girl whom you've never even seen before. You see her nursing an injured man, and make clear your intentions to team up.

OH DEAR GOD

MY CHEST

MY HEAD

Struggling, I snap off the end of the arrow, and clench it between my teeth, to ease the pain of my next action. Incredibly slowly, I pull myself off the arrow, and stagger up. Now to find somewhere to ease my woulds - to continue fighting now would be foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.