• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
See I thought that as well, and was getting nice and ready to finally have a civilized conversation with someone, but then a ginormous river monster pops up out of nowhere and tries to bite the entire top half of my character off...

Conversation....sure that was what was on Salem's mind. What was that about morning wood again? :p

Although a paralyzing phobia of fire in a world where a large chunk of creatures can breathe the stuff does make things a little difficult. She would honestly never be able to win a battle with a fire trainer much less a tournament without getting over that fear.
You make a good point Astral. Though on the other hand I think many of these children could do to be a little bit more intimidated by some of these fire attacks. Looking at the medium with an even slightly more critical eye will have you wince at the recklessness of its characters.

What was that about morning wood again? :p
Nothing besides it just being a completely natural phenomenon that is nothing to be embarrassed about. I'll have you know Salem was getting ready to talk hats and fashion. Heck he even tried to bring the topic around even after the monster assault. ;)

342.png

Okay this is the last one. I swear.

Nothing besides it just being a completely natural phenomenon that is nothing to be embarrassed about. I'll have you know Salem was getting ready to talk hats and fashion. Heck he even tried to bring the topic around even after the monster assault. ;)

Hats and fashion...
I can't say I like Salems taste in conversation topics.

If an NPC ever restricts your rp of your char or affects your fun. Please tell me immediately and I will fix the issue.
This goes for everyone involved my job is to spin a story that you all enjoy and have fun with.
I thought the polar opposites and unrequited love would be cute or an rp challenge, however I can easily fix the situation.
Hell the dream I gave him alone might even be enough. His fear of hurting her or any women and being like his father.

It'll be much easier with a bit more variety in who she's with lol I wanna explore all of Delilah's colors, not just the ones that occur while she's around Apollo (which is by far her least flattering).

Although a paralyzing phobia of fire in a world where a large chunk of creatures can breathe the stuff does make things a little difficult. She would honestly never be able to win a battle with a fire trainer much less a tournament without getting over that fear.

Yeah, which is partially why I decided it should make her scared but combative at the same time. Also, I don't really expect her to be too much of a badge winner (obviously).

I expected the occurrence of fire to be present, of course, but attaching Apollo to her was just like attaching a flaming stick to Shere Khan's tail.

Jungle Book reference anybody? Bear necessities? I'm tired.

Apollo will no longer be your problem. Either I will sacrifice him to the dark gods of the Island or leave him for another female. Although so far I think only my wife and curvy actually like the character.

Apollo will no longer be your problem. Either I will sacrifice him to the dark gods of the Island or leave him for another female. Although so far I think only my wife and curvy actually like the character.

Well, like I said, it'll probably be better in a group rather than just them being alone together. I still like the comedy of a character fawning over someone who wont give them the time of day.

Oh come on Amara isn't that bad just wait till you see her heart wrenching dream, which I have yet to even write.

Barely getting any work done on Ecarte with that Vtm scene going still the boards here so active and work.

Yo Astral, would it be cool if I wrote in the Infernape's release and Cassie's reaction to it? Nygenn told me about it. :p

Why must we pyrophobes get picked on all the time, am I right, Chroc?

hey I totally rolled that pokemon at random 8) seriously though loz did the die rolls

and yea I am fine with you two sharing the scene long as he told you it's moves and how it will react

Ahh Infernape! Am I too young to have nostalgia?

Chimchar was my very first starter, I absolutely swept gyms with him as an Infernape.
What a coincidence! Mine too :D

Until I never moved on from Hearthome city, since I thought one day Fantina would return and we'd do battle...
Whoops. Still, nostalgia.

How does Cassie handle Nine anymore anyway or do you just have Nine refrain from using fire attacks
Well, Cassie can tolerate fire Pokemon that don't have external flames on them. Like Ninetales, or Houndoom for instance. The thing with Nine is that his fire is the only one that she trusts. As long as it's him who's exuding the flames or if he's there with her on a battle against a fire type, she'd be okay because then she has this feeling of security from his flame control.

They had a major emotional bonding moment when he almost burned her hands off as a kid and Vulpix.

What a coincidence! Mine too :D

Until I never moved on from Hearthome city, since I thought one day Fantina would return and we'd do battle...
Whoops. Still, nostalgia.

Don't worry, I use to think you could buy master balls from Barry/Rival after you beat the game.
I was very sad when it turned out Master Balls couldn't be bought.

Ahh Infernape! Am I too young to have nostalgia?

Chimchar was my very first starter, I absolutely swept gyms with him as an Infernape.
Well I had to google it to find out what it was, and have some research cut out for me if I'm going to be directing this thing.
I welcome hints and advice.

Well I had to google it to find out what it was, and have some research cut out for me if I'm going to be directing this thing.
I welcome hints and advice.
Actually, if Salem ends up keeping the Pokemon around we've got the makings of some really fun sessions between Floyd and Salem once/if they meet up. He can probably help help with understanding the Pokemon.

Ugh, that took longer than it should have.

Gerald's Nightmare wasn't a memory turned bad, but rather his worst fear. As if he loses June, where he be left?

If anything is wrong, please. I'll pull it and fix it. Hope you don't mind me intruding on the gator hunt though...

Well, Cassie can tolerate fire Pokemon that don't have external flames on them. Like Ninetales, or Houndoom for instance. The thing with Nine is that his fire is the only one that she trusts. As long as it's him who's exuding the flames or if he's there with her on a battle against a fire type, she'd be okay because then she has this feeling of security from his flame control.

They had a major emotional bonding moment when he almost burned her hands off as a kid and Vulpix.

That's awesome! I actually had a similar moment planned for Delilah to sort of get comfortable around fire-types, which is she actually acquires the Staryu that helped save her from the house fire she was in as a babe. With Staryu around, she'd feel less defenseless around fire-types. :)

Of course, that'd take place in another RP in the future.

Hope you don't mind me intruding on the gator hunt though...
Of course not, the more FIREpower the better, right Cassie? ;)

That's awesome! I actually had a similar moment planned for Delilah to sort of get comfortable around fire-types, which is she actually acquires the Staryu that helped save her from the house fire she was in as a babe. With Staryu around, she'd feel less defenseless around fire-types. :)

Of course, that'd take place in another RP in the future.
If you make it a Starmie you can get started on the in this campaign. Provided Nova doesn't murder the poor starfish first. It's a real concern with the way he's going. :D

Good to hear.

You can tell Gerald's dream is a dream though, since June actually managed to take down both Cassie and Lin, AND their Pokemon. Like, that would never happen, even if she was hyped up on the virus.

If you make it a Starmie you can get started on the in this campaign. Provided Nova doesn't murder the poor starfish first. It's a real concern with the way he's going. :D

I know! Swift is super adorable, I just wanna hug him xD but yeah, Delilah would need the Staryu that specifically saved her and her brother. Which currently is in possession of her bro.

Kinda not sure if I should write that as her backstory at some point where she finds her brother and gets the Staryu, or roleplay it sometime. I have ideas for funny story moments, but meh, that's for future Chrocey to figure out.

Of course not, the more FIREpower the better, right Cassie? ;)

And to think, just a moment ago, you were criticizing Chroceys bee puns. You've turned! I'm sorry but... were gonna have to put you down bud. :(

Swift ain't even close to dying.

Yet...

And to think, just a moment ago, you were criticizing Chroceys bee puns. You've turned! I'm sorry but... were gonna have to put you down bud. :(
Damn, you're right... I'm so ashamed...

-

Nice entry Burble. It made me think of something. Astral clearly wants to do something with these dreams, perhaps make parts of it come true or something. I just wonder what that would mean for Cassie, who got burned in not only her own dream, but Salem and Gerald's as well...

Wow, even Gerald's impressed. :p
Ye I noticed that too. I really liked it, but didn't feel it was my place to remark on it :D

You won't be laughing when Cassie hightails it and abandons you all! :\=|:
I wonder if she'll run towards Gerald, the person who doesn't have a flaming monkey under his control. Instead a magical fox.

Which would make him even more incriminating towards Salem...
Wow, even Gerald's impressed. :p
Well, he is easily impressed.

Nice entry Burble. It made me think of something. Astral clearly wants to do something with these dreams, perhaps make parts of it come true or something. I just wonder what that would mean for Cassie, who got burned in not only her own dream, but Salem and Gerald's as well...
Hmm...That doesn't bode well for Gerald or Cassie.