• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

PokeGirlPraure said:
Ugh... I can't decide... I really want to name my Oshawott Tsunami as soon as I get Black, but after what happened yesterday in Japan, I don't know... Help me please?

I think you should name your pokémon whatever you want, and don't worry about what else might have happened to the outside world. If you think it's really bad taste, then you don't need to, but just go with whatever you feel like going with. Name it Tsunami, and if you think it's really to bad, there's always the name rater in Castelia City.

Well, I pretty much did everything in Black, so I'll start a new game in White. This time, I'm starting with Tepig, and I'm going to use just use a few cheats to get the team I want at the pace I want. That means I'll be able to get Thunderus, Tepig, Reuniclus, etc, at a faster pace.

Anyway, just figured out that some of the codes don't work too well for White. And for some reason the back light got dark. Odd.

Anyway, I was expecting a to hang out with a girl tommow that I'm taking to prom, but she's bringing a friend and nobody I know can/will come. Oh well. She must of been thinking of the awkwardness, like me. We're going to see "Red Riding Hood" tommorow. I hate horors, but I may not get a chance to get to know her. Still, it's still awkward for me, since I barely know her.

Anyway, I'm bored now. Really bored. I wish Black and White had more to do than what I've already done. Oh, speaking of which, some character in the game said that if you bring a Pokemon from White with Charge, it could let him make some time traveling machine. What does this do?

[Excessive fanboying and long rant ahead. Viewer discretion is advised]
Hokay. So, Kera has been reading the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. Lemme tell ya, it's a good series but with some
really
freaky
sh*t.
Like, talking dogs, mind-reading six year old girls and brains on a stick. Brains. On. A. Stick. How screwed up is THAT?
AND THE MAIN CHARACTERS HAVE WINGS WHAT OH SNAP.
Anyway, I'm on the sixth book, Fang, and it's pretty good. Except for one thing.
EVERY FREAKING TIME DYLAN WALKS INT HE ROOM I GET BORED AN WALK AWAY. Probably because I like Max/Fang better than Max/Dylan. Amirite?
And Nudge is just so Nudge. I love Nudge. Nudge Nudge Nudgity Nudge.
AND POOR ARI IN THE THIRD BOOK. I KINDA LIKED HIM AFTER HE GREW A HEART.
And Angel: You scare me. For a cute blond six-year old girl.
Nudge is the Nudgiest. Need I say more?
Iggy, you are possibly the COOLEST blind buy in the world. Matter of fact, you are.
Gazzy, Y U NO HOLD IT IN?!
Faaaaang oh my god Faaaaang. He is epic win.
And Max. The girl in charge, the fourteen-year-old dynamo. A WINNAR IS YOU.
Ella~♥
Dylan= NO LIEK. NONE WHATSOEVER.
Hokay I'm done now.
[turns the camera off]

I just watched the movie ThanksKilling. It was a spoof of sorts and it was hilarious. It's about a killer turkey that was resurrected. Really weird and cliche'd, but I figured out about a third of the way through that it was intentional...

The Japanese at the start of Party Poison is peculiar '3'

みんな!車満タンだし、スーツケースには爆弾がつめている
Everyone! The car has a full tank, so we're packing the explosives in a suitcase!
人生は短くて、行く道は危険が多い
Life is short, and there are many dangers on the roads we travel!
だから、踊ろう!
So let's dance!

I know, but then again, if they kept having special events one after another, noone would buy the newer stuff. Still though, seeing as how all these MMOs are coming out, I really would like it if they made an online Pokemon game. Think about how much time it would save on making all of those events. Then again, Game Freak does listen to its fans, at least as of late they have. Perhaps if there were enough fans asking for one......

Oh, I'm rambling on again. Man, what one poptart makes you think of :I Seriously though, I was thinking of taking up Japanese just so I could attempt at getting a job at Nintendo. But whats the likelyhood of all of that happening?

ANyway, the girl forgot she had to go to dinner tonight for her sister's birthday. I know her, so I'll find out if she's lying or not. But anyway, hopefully we can finally see that movie. I'm curious to see how Hollywood has effed up another children's story. Plus I've had a hankering for popcorn for weeks. It's sad when your mother remembers to buy her vinegar chips, pie mixes, and things for her husband, but never ever remembers to buy a salty snack not cheese, vinegar, or supper related. I really really want something salty ;A;

Oh, and there's nothing good on Sunday nights. Seriously, it's news and old crap on every channel, and we don't have the channels the good stuff is on, and my mother has blocked out anything rated 14 or older. Seriously, I'm 17. Ugh, my parents must be afraid to let go of the leash on the last pup in the house.

.......Okay I'm seriously tempted to go in there and grap a bottle of salt right now :l But that would kill me, and girls don't exactly dig dead guys. Not all of them anyway :l

Seriously, too much sugar doesn't make me hyper, it makes me think. It makes me think waaaaaaaayyyy too much.

After more distro hopping, I'm back to Linux Mint 10. I'll stay here though. D:< I just got done trying a new distro right before, openSUSE. I really liked it. It's the best KDE distro I've seen, other than distros where you control everything yourself (ie Arch, Gentoo). I didn't like its package managament, so I'm back. I won't bore you guys any longer with my geek-speak. :p

Is it bad that I want to commit murder because of my dog?
I'm pretty sure it is.

I was trying to sleep in, but my mother dumped him in my room, and he just sat by the door and whined the most high-pitched annoying whine ever. So that explains my early wake-up.

Kera is not a morning person. =.=

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Absy said:
Urg... I feel like I want to die (for about the third time today)

Ditto to this, but probably for different reasons.

Blah. @_@

[me=Linkachu]pokes the Liepard at the bottom of her screen. ^^ [/me]

... now it's a Steelix and it wants to keel me. D:

I had lots of pie today. Twas an awesome experience.

I also completed my transition to using Linux exclusively. No more Windows for me! The last step was reformatting my storage partition as ext4 instead of NTFS. /rant

This last week is going to go by so slow. It's my last week until Spring Break. Next week will be fun. I should play White more, so my team is more developed for the tourney...

Well, got back from dinner with the girl and her friends. There was supposed to be another guy there, but he bailed. It was just me and her and her two chatterbox friends. I feel bad for her though, as something bad happened at work and she found out while at dinner. She kept apologizing for feeling so down, and I hated it for her. She was cute as a button though, and then that call was like someone ripped the wings off a butterfly. Her friends were just wierd. You would think that they would expect me to want to get to know thier friend, but one of them just had to tell her Kid Rock concert story (Which was obviously fake. THink I'm being too critical? She kept looking down to the left, and her story had too much happening together. I know, because 1. I've studied how people lie, and 2. I used to do the same thing.), and the other one kept rambling on about her job, ironically in front of her grieving friend.

Would I want to hang out with her again? Yes, but without those two. All I got out of tonight was that she loves cute things, likes her job, hates her boss, her mom won't lend her money, and that she has a lot of friends. But she was cute, both in appearance and personality. Her friends are brutally honest though. One of them had the gaul to say her dress made her look pregnant. Yeesh, I thought she looked nice. Anyway, she invited me to hang out with her again sometime. This time with some friends I know instead of her group.

Well anyway, that was my night. I felt kinda felt left out, since her friends kept blabbering on. But anyway, now I'm back home watching American Dad. Yeah, the highlight of my day is pretty much gone.

SineCosineTangent said:
Happy pi day everuhbody :>

It's a joyous day of numbers and perhaps pies :3

Iliekpiecanihavepieiwouldreallylikesomepiepleaseletmehavesomepiepiepiepiepiepie.....PIE!!! :3

Oh, and why can't Nintendo screen these n00bs on GTS who want Reshirams and Zekroms in exchange for thier Snivy or Tepig? Really, it's not that hard. They should make a special precaution that makes it to where you can only trade Legendaries for Legendaries and trade ordinaries for ordinaries, and somewhere near thier level for Pete's sake. There are some wanting level 100 Ninetales or lvl 100 Mandibuzz for Ratata. Seriously, at least screen out the ones that want the same thing. There were 4 slots all wanting Reshiram. Or at least make the little kids under a certain age not be allowed to trade, but that wouldn't be fair to the ones who have a decent head on thier shoulders. Also, I wish they could make it where the trade levels make sense. Some of them wanted Reshiram or Zekrom under level 9. WTF?

Urrghhhhhhhh... I feel like a walking zombie... Even though I still haven't done anything except school. Oh, and by the way, THANK YOU GOD FOR MAKING OUR ART TEACHER SICK! Thanks to that, all girls were able to skip 2 last lessons: Sports and Art. Haha, and boys still had to stay for Sports.

Man, today was boring. I had to talk to the insurance guy because he wanted to try to mix my story up with my dad's, but we handled it. Still sucks though. We only have liability, and since its my fault, I've gotta work this summer to get the money for the bumper. Dammit! I needed this summer for my community service!

Well, anyway, I also tried out the random match up on Black. Yeesh, and I thought the GTS was screwed up. Seriously, Samurott hit Darmanitan head on with Surf, and it never passed the green. They switch him out for Glaceon, which uses Ice Beam, which wasn't a Critical hit, btw, and Samurott's health is barely above red. WTF? I may know diddly squat about stats, but something's not right here. Even I know that. But anyway, I managed to beat 2 out of nine people. I'm not saying they were all cheating or anything, but a few of them were pretty obvious. I'm still wondering how though, since Nintendo would kick them out if they were using AR. Eh, whatever, I'll find out for sure in a test with my two games somehow.

Anyway, bored now. The water tastes awful. And Koda, my dog, wants attention. bbnmv,.,km Sorry, my dog hopped in my lap and tried typing. She failled. D: Now I want to see Megamind, and I've also got to get my oil changed this week. Damn, hope I get to see that girl again. I kinda wish that we could have more than just prom together, but that's just my passerby life. They come for one awesome night, then they leave. imsdianmod Sorry, dog again :p

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
... So Cheren and Bianca's names actually mean Black and White in Bulgarian and Italian respectively (Bel is apparently a slavic prefix for White, a-la Belarus), and the main characters are named Hilbert and Hilda because it derives from the Germanic word for 'battle', because their Japanese names are actually based on the Japanese word for 'Battle' too. HUH. That's quite freakin' Clever. o_O

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've had a pressure headache since about 11:30 AM and the advil gel caps are only taking the edge off. Very glad that work is over in another 12 minutes. Today is my brother's birthday, so I'm hoping the headache bugs off completely by the evening. >=o

Man. my brother is a moron. I hate him, though he can be normal sometimes. He keeps on blackmailing me now that my Black came (we got a notice from post office. YAY!) because it was ordered by his name. I hope my parents will make him pick up the game before Saturday. If not, then... ;_;

WARNING! This post contains lyrics which might be too awesome for certain audiences. Reader discretion is advised.

He's gonna take you back to the past
To play the shitty games that suck ass.
He'd rather have a buffalo
Take a diarrhea dump in his ear.
He'd rather eat the rotten asshole
Of a road killed skunk and down it with beer

He's the angriest gamer you've ever heard.
He's the Angry Nintendo Nerd.
He's the Angry Atari Sega Nerd.
He's the Angry Video Game Nerd.

When you turn on your TV,
Make sure it's tuned to channel three.
He's got a nerdy shirt and a pocket pouch,
Although I've never seen him write anything down.
He's got a Power Glove and a filthy mouth,
Armed with his Zapper he will tear these games down

He's the angriest gamer you've ever heard
He's the Angry Nintendo Nerd
He's the Angry Atari Sega Nerd
He's the Angry Video Game Nerd

He plays the worst games of all time.
Horrible abominations of mankind.
They make him so mad he could spit,
Or say Cowabunga,
Cowa-fuckin'-piece of dog shit...

They rip you off and don't care one bit,
But this nerd he doesn't forget it.
Why can't a turtle swim?
Why can't I land the plane?
They got a quick buck for this shit-load of fuck.
The characters names are wrong.
Why's the password so long?
Why don't the weapons do anything?

He's the angriest gamer you've ever heard.
The games suck so bad, he makes up his own words.
He's the angriest most pissed off gaming nerd.
He's the Angry....
Atari
Amiga
CDI
Colecovision
Intellivision
Sega
Neo Geo
Turbo Grafix 16
Odyssey
3DO
Commodore
Nintendo Nerd

He's The Angry
Video Game
Nerd

Dang, today was boring. I Random Matched my ass off today. I won 5 out of 18 matches. Why does Nintendo let these stupid kids take thier Suicunes, Virizions, Mews, Lugias, etc into battle? I swear, its also bad when they let them take multiple psuedos with them too. One of them had Dragonite and Hydreigon on the same team. Needless to say, I never got to see the third one. Probably that Moltres on his team. Another one I had problems with was someone who had the special Suicune on his team and Zapdos. Really, it takes away from the fun of battle because you know that your either going to run into some Uber Abuser or an extremely competitive AR abuser (A shiny Electivire, Serperior, and Sandslash). THere were some though that I can say I honestly lost to fair and square, like this one guy that used a Gliscor with Poison Heal as an ability and was holding a Toxic orb. Man, not a bad fricken idea :>

Oh, and I've traded with a lot of people. After managing to somehow brush the n00bs out of the way, I managed to get a Braviary, Solosis, Sigilyph, and another Pokemon I can't remember. But in the Unity Tower (Which was for the exact opposite thing that was rumored to be) I can visit the US floor, UK floor, and the Japan floor. I wish I could somehow get a look at Thunderus on my game, that way I could offer a shiny or Legendary in exchange, so that way I can get Landorus.

*Praure is angry because her brother keeps being a moron.*
That is al- I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU'LL ASK ME TO GO BUY CHIPS FOR YOU ONE MORE TIME I'LL DO SOMETHING FOR YOUR COMPUTER!
Ugh... Does anyone have a trusted defense against morons? :/

Unfortunately not :/ Well, there are a few ways, most of which are illegal mind you but they exist. :>

Anyway, I've officially won 15 matches on Random Match. Would've been 23, but either I move out of range or the other guy "mysteriously" loses thier connection. And by "mysteriously lose thier connection", I mean they're sore losers and shut thier game off. I know this because it always happens after the battle. Right at the end. Yeah. And I know it's not the first one every time because I was sitting near the wireless router in my house, practically facing it.

Oh, and I tried a new team: Jolteon (M), Dewott (M), Servine (M), Monferno (shiny) (F), Metagross, and Crobat (M); unfortunately, even though they look cool, they suck in battle, or I'm handling them wrong. Well, I'm back to team Van, and we're kicking more butt than ever. Let's see, Samurott's defeated 7 Hydreigon today, and 2 Dragonite. Blizzard rocks :)

Oh, and Adventure Time rocks :3 I don't know why, but it's addicting :>

Man, I've been sitting here for ten minutes and I still haven't found anyone to battle. I guess now's a good a time as any. If you want, here's my friend code: 2494 3435 3775

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
March Break is here! :D

Now I can finally finish the main story of White, get my Ditto and some of my competitive Pokemon transferred over, and start making some BP. Once I've earned enough to purchase three of the Power items I can start putting my plans for next Saturday into motion. ^^

THANK THE DEITY OF YOUR CHOICE

IT'S FRIDAY.

:'D

Seriously though, this was a tiring week |D At least I can access my Dad's laptop again, so I can Minecraft~ I'm currently working on a huuuuuge watchtower, made of wooden planks and a loooot of glass. It's going to be awesome. I'll post some pics in the Minecraft thread when it's done- And when I figure out where the hell the screenshots go, once taken. I suck at browsing documents. >>

...I may or may not have spelled deity wrong. |D

Today is the best day of the week~!
The testing is over! For now, anyways~

The whole week my state was doing this standardized testing, and it was horrible D: But also ridiculously easy. Seriously though, they need to make those questions harder. The math is like, first grade work! "Using your ruler, measure this line to the nearest inch." I mean really, that's just pathetic. I think everyone knows how to measure a stupid line!

The only good part about the tests are the mints, the free snacks, and that you can bring your own snack, no matter how unhealthy it is. The schedule is also much more enjoyable during the testing. Lunch gets pushed back an hour to 12:30, followed by recess, and then special. Then there's an hour of "class time", mostly just my teacher rambling on about stuff we don't care about. Yesterday it was cheese...

I don't know where she comes up with this stuff, we were doing social studies and then we somehow get onto the topic of cheese and other dairy products. Best part about my teacher: she wastes class time by talking, and we don't even have to pay attention. Most people just pass notes or play while she's talking :p

WARNING! There be some spoilers in this following post. The first sentence is ok to read, but if you don't want it spoiled, don't read more than that.

I watched Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children today :3 It was a cool kid movie, with its awesome graphics and the cool characters. It had an interesting plot and some kick-ass fighting scenes (even though the final battle was only like six minutes long :C). There were two places in the movie where I couldn't help grinning, one was when they were fighting Bahamut SIN, and all the FF VII party members appeared. It wasn't a superbly awesome scene really - until Cid showed up. Gawd I love Cid, he's just so god-effin cool. The second spot was when Kadaj absorbed the remnants of Jenova, and transformed into Sephiroth. The best part was when Cloud jumped after him, only to be parried by Masamune. And then One-Winged Angel plays. Cue maniacal grinning.

Somebody please strangle me because I'm not on here enough anymore.

I've been writing and drawing and spriting and I have to update my sprite thread and add another sprite to the ones I want in the TCM and then do a bunch of other stuff and I am the very model of a modern major general and I have to learn my lines and songs and draw some more and sprite and write and get a tablet and fix my scanner and then I can breathe easier.

*Kera pants and inhales deeply

Wow. That's quite the list. I should get started but I'm too tired. Oh, and I also gotta play more White.

IT NEVER ENDS!!

Blazi said:
Kerauno said:
and I am the very model of a modern major general

Do you know many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse?

*Blazi is shot

Yes, I know many cheerful facts about the square of a hypotenuse!
AND I'm very good at integral and differential calculus, I know the scientific name of beings animalculous; in short in matters animal, vegetable and mineral, I am the very model of a modern major general! :D

I was wondering if anyone would catch that!
Apparently I'm not the only one learned in the acts of Gilbert and Sullivan~

*Kera is suddenly captured by pirates in his nightie

OH MY HOW ODD.

We've been learning about the stage in my music class, and we listened to a couple of patter songs.

I Am The Very Model Of a Modern Major General was the one that stood out to me.

On another note, I just borrowed out Scott Pilgrim vs. the world from Blockbuster. I can't wait to watch.

That was fun~

I created a huge skyscraper/watchtower, above the clouds, out of planks, glass and on top was a huge light, created by lava in a glass tunnel. I had crafted a few buckets and filled them with lava, planning to use all five of them, but it turned out I needed only one.

With one of the remaining buckets at hand, I decided it'd be cool to let a lava river flow down the hill where my skyscraper was. Unfortunately, I hadn't noticed the trees. The lava set fire to the trees, the trees set fire to my skyscraper. Everything but the top glass part is gone.

It's not quite as bad as it seems. I took snapshots of the tower before the accident, and now I can pursue the idea of a cobblestone skyscraper. I'll work my way up to the top again~

(It was also actually quite thrilling. I think I found the hidden pyromaniac inside. Minecraft does that to people. xD)

Well, I'm bored. I was actually considering entering the Wifi tournament, but sadly I don't do well on GMT time. But anyway, I'm also kinda clueless about chat. Seriously, I could never understand it back when it was on Charms. I'm also nervous when talking to people, so that doesn't help D: But I think I could do fairly with Samurott, Whimsicott, Swoobat, Krookodile, and Conkeldur.

Oh, and I haven't heard from the girl in a while. I hope she isn't mad at me D:

But anyway, I washed my dogs this weekend. 2 of which for the first time. They looked at me like "'The hell did we do to deserve this!?" Then 5 seconds later they were chasing a grocery bag. I love Red and Chip :3 Chester didn't like it though, he tried tapdancing his way out of the tub. Keep in mind people, these are pomeranians. AKA, dogs. Chester is funny though. I feel bad for him though, as my sister used to own him, but she just completely forgot about him and replaced him. And now she wants a baby. No. Just no. I will not be caring for S*%head. It's pronounced Shetheed. Put 2 and 2 together about that awkward first day of school.

But anyway, on the subject of babies, my step brother is having another baby, and my step sister got pregnant. Yeesh, I can understand my step brother. He's married, and he wanted one for the sake of having a child. My stupid step sister only got pregnant because she can't keep her legs crossed and she wants to rebel against her dad. Yeesh. You know, I will be the first of my generation in my family to escape my teenage years without touching a drop of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, or having a baby. Sad ain't it?

But anyway, hell resumes tomorrow. Austin said he would give me a souvenier from NYC, so he better not forget. Once he brought back a Frech coin, but a dog ate it :x I'll be sure not to lose this one. I'm going to save my money up so that way I can escape from this town one day and visit a place like that. Of course, I'd come back, I can't do cities for too long.

But while in my solice at Dad's, I came up with a story for my other characters based on my friends and I. Oh, what do you think of a criminal named Dade?