• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
At this point, I should probably just give up on most of my cast and focus only on Caulifla & Kale. Not like the rest are gonna matter power wise anyway.
eh. i'm still going to be focusing a lot on characters like Rick Grimes when he comes in.
and as of now, he's just a man.

eh. i'm still going to be focusing a lot on characters like Rick Grimes when he comes in.
and as of now, he's just a man.

It was more a joke. I am of course gonna RP as them and continue to work with them into the plot. It's my nature, and I like them too much to give up on them XD

Just so many powerhouses coming into things (Including me) that it makes it harder to justify the weaker ones having any role in the plot when they can take care of everything.

comic

hence why we have groups. it's a system.
alongside this, Jack Noire is a pure villain. i don't intend on pairing him with anybody. he's just going to fight. he won't work for Elidocorc, considering he hates working for someone. He prefers to lead his own charge, and that's what got him killed in Homestuck.
well, that, and the fact that the SBURB players eventually found a way to trick and overpower him with time shenanigans, and two alternate versions of Jack Noire.

hence why we have groups. it's a system.
alongside this, Jack Noire is a pure villain. i don't intend on pairing him with anybody. he's just going to fight. he won't work for Elidocorc, considering he hates working for someone. He prefers to lead his own charge, and that's what got him killed in Homestuck.
well, that, and the fact that the SBURB players eventually found a way to trick and overpower him with time shenanigans, and two alternate versions of Jack Noire.

Honestly my aim was to just take everything about say Caulifla (Her abilities, personality etc.) and place her in an AU weaker body. Banter between say Caulifla and Yang in a spar for example would be hilarious but it becomes less interesting if say Caulifla wins with a poke to the forehead like she would if I considered her canon powers.

And for groups, I just want to avoid a Thor situation with our higher tier characters. Caulifla & Goku having banter between each other is fun, having the two solo the enemy forces while the other members do nothing is not. I want everyone to shine and benefit, strong and "weaker" not just the strong.

comic

having the two solo the enemy forces while the other members do nothing is not. I want everyone to shine and benefit, strong and "weaker" not just the strong.
sounds like most of the Dragon Ball series after Goku left the Z Fighters in the dust in terms of power. all they ever do is stand around and watch him fight anymore, alongside the occasional 'fight and lose' to motivate Goku, lol.

sounds like most of the Dragon Ball series after Goku left the Z Fighters in the dust in terms of power. all they ever do is stand around and watch him fight anymore, alongside the occasional 'fight and lose' to motivate Goku, lol.

This~! I think Goku could be fun if you focus on personality/interaction with the characters. But group fights become tricker, cause if there is a opponent strong enough to be a threat to Goku, the rest are useless. If the threat can be fought by the others, Goku could solo is easily.

Just depends on execution. Thor already scared off Shen I'd simply worry the same thing happening with other groups who have a high tier among their ranks.

I mean, I'm keeping Tony and Yang as my mains even if I do want Silver as a sub-main due to liking his character a crap ton. Even if characters aren't powerhouses, combat isn't the only thing that matters. Take Stark, he's a genius. He can use that mind to try and figure out what they're doing in this scenario and attempt to fix it.

I mean, I'm keeping Tony and Yang as my mains even if I do want Silver as a sub-main due to liking his character a crap ton. Even if characters aren't powerhouses, combat isn't the only thing that matters. Take Stark, he's a genius. He can use that mind to try and figure out what they're doing in this scenario and attempt to fix it.

Which is good for Dipper.

But I have characters who are fighters (Erza, Yang etc.) and the fear of them taking a backseat to the power houses and forcing support roles on them is my concern is all.

Also I'd like to bring up the fact that later in this RP KEDA IS GOING TO KICK THE SHIT OUT OF REX. All he needs to do is push him too far. Erza will probably need to step in and stop Keda from killing the bastard because I'm fairly certain Keda would win due to him actually knowing how to effectively kill things.
Also, we'll need to upgrade Keda's spear later. Right now it's just a stick with two rocks bound to the end. A metal spear would do him well.

Also I'd like to bring up the fact that later in this RP KEDA IS GOING TO KICK THE SHIT OUT OF REX. All he needs to do is push him too far. Erza will probably need to step in and stop Keda from killing the bastard because I'm fairly certain Keda would win due to him actually knowing how to effectively kill things.
Also, we'll need to upgrade Keda's spear later. Right now it's just a stick with two rocks bound to the end. A metal spear would do him well.

Eh, give me a chance to respond first before you have Keda go for the kill. I need time.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Can’t tell if its your personality or Keda’s that’s showing here XD.

Don’t underestimate Rex’s main ability: BSing until people respect or kill him lol

I'm probably going to introduce Caulifla whenever @Pro Hero Dekiru introduces Goku so they can pair up.

I feel Caulifla's personality will be fun to play with and good to bounce off people. But I am going to manage her, so that someone like say Finn could fight alongside her and they both can shine without one stealing the other's opportunity to do so. To name an example with my "weakest" fighter.

BSing until people respect or kill him
Keda: Let's see what's behind door number 2.
And I'm being a bit liberal with Keda's personality, but I feel it'd be totally in character for him. Keda cares about others, but if it's for the good of the tribe, he will end lives.

Also, Godjacob, when I have Team Nathan make the jump, that might be a good place to bring Weiss and Blake in. If you want them with Team Nathan, that is. The other option is Team Hiro, but it'd be easier to get them in via Team Nathan's jump.
Also also, I'm waiting on Burble to place the Bolt Paper on Cut Man and jumpstart his systems.

Also, Godjacob, when I have Team Nathan make the jump, that might be a good place to bring Weiss and Blake in. If you want them with Team Nathan, that is. The other option is Team Hiro, but it'd be easier to get them in via Team Nathan's jump.
Also also, I'm waiting on Burble to place the Bolt Paper on Cut Man and jumpstart his systems.

Team Nathan works.

Also, @Eeveechu151 WHY DID YOU HAVE SHANTAE IGNORE YANG!? Get the scythe, she'll need it before we do the jump.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Previously Battle Legend G.K.
I feel like I should further nerf Goku down to Cell Saga level, and again, have him regain his forms past SSJ3 over time.

I have an idea of where I should drop him; how about a new location; "Marsielle Citadel".
Basically, an abandoned building that a group of Soviets are now using as a base. Goku drops in unexpectedly, having been yanked out of his universe while he searched for Android 17.

Also, has everybody forgotten that Goku can read minds?

I feel like I should further nerf Goku down to Cell Saga level, and again, have him regain his forms past SSJ3 over time.

I have an idea of where I should drop him; how about a new location; "Marsielle Citadel".
Basically, an abandoned building that a group of Soviets are now using as a base. Goku drops in unexpectedly, having been yanked out of his universe while he searched for Android 17.

Also, has everybody forgotten that Goku can read minds?

I think Goku forgot that Goku can read minds.

This would toss Goku & Caulifla into the Soviet plot. Fair enough just depends on if the location is agreed upon.

So long as Goku doesn't cause Erza to have to sit on the sidelines while he handles all the action for it I am all good.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Previously Battle Legend G.K.
Uh, sorry, but I haven't really been paying attention to those outside of the OC group I was already in. Who's in the HeroSquad?

comic

i read back through. the flamethrowers were briefly mentioned, and that was over a dozen posts ago.
why didn't you mention them sooner? it was probably one of the things i skimmed over.
anyway, Doomslayer is so resistant to fire, he's basically immune to it, so, this isn't really important anyway.

i read back through. the flamethrowers were briefly mentioned, and that was over a dozen posts ago.
why didn't you mention them sooner? it was probably one of the things i skimmed over.
anyway, Doomslayer is so resistant to fire, he's basically immune to it, so, this isn't really important anyway.
So he has fire immunity? Hmm....interesting to note. I didn’t mention because doomslayer hadn’t moved for a while

comic

it's comparable to Master Chief in all of the Halo games except for Halo CE when he was wearing the Mark V MJOLINR armor.
fire just simply doesn't affect John in his Mark VI armor. whether damage by fire was a game mechanic they abandoned after Halo CE, or if his Mark VI is actually immune to fire, it's my example for Doomslayer's immunity.

I feel Master Chief & Doomslayer have different skill sets. I don't think you can give one Fire Immunity just because the other one supposedly has it.

I feel these two are being wanked up a bit much for my taste.

comic

allow me to point out that my example was not a reason. just an example.
Doomslayer has a high resistance to hellfire, and fire. hellfire is essentially fire magic, and considering its hell, it probably burns hotter and brighter than a flamethrower could produce.
meaning he's highly resistant to fire.

it's comparable to Master Chief in all of the Halo games except for Halo CE when he was wearing the Mark V MJOLINR armor.
fire just simply doesn't affect John in his Mark VI armor. whether damage by fire was a game mechanic they abandoned after Halo CE, or if his Mark VI is actually immune to fire, it's my example for Doomslayer's immunity.
In halo 2 chief dies instantly to flamethrowers if exposed for one second. And standing flames? Five seconds.
I feel Master Chief & Doomslayer have different skill sets. I don't think you can give one Fire Immunity just because the other one supposedly has it.

I feel these two are being wanked up a bit much for my taste.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.