• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
dude. you did respond with those defenses. you added two turrets and had them open fire and stuff.
your next post, you get another chance to respond with the defenses. i imagine you'll either keep adding defenses and say 'man. this'll be tough for doomslayer lol', or you'll actually let the plot progress. one of the two.

I had to Add more there (which I already planned to be a surprise attack) because you didn’t let me respond to the first batch :@

When we get to the Soviet battle, I’m going to disclose full information on the Soviet troops, weapons and equipment. That way we have no inconsistencies. Fair warning, the General is the only one that’s actually my character, with the rest being disposable NPCs meant to be taken down.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
When we get to the Soviet battle, I’m going to disclose full information on the Soviet troops, weapons and equipment. That way we have no inconsistencies. Fair warning, the General is the only one that’s actually my character, with the rest being disposable NPCs meant to be taken down.
lead by example, Eevee.
see this, Shen?
this is how it's done.
your defenses and such are the same as the Soviet troops.
Specter is the general.
one character leading a bunch of disposable enemies.
you see where i'm goin' with this?

lead by example, Eevee.
see this, Shen?
this is how it's done.
your defenses and such are the same as the Soviet troops.
Specter is the general.
one character leading a bunch of disposable enemies.
you see where i'm goin' with this?

Yes. I get that. But you and eevee keep saying it’s soloable, and it seems very disheartening and disappointing that I have no control of the forces that can actually change your minds on said topic, and you can basically make them the biggest cheese the Rp has seen and apparently it would be perfectly fine : /

It makes a fortress obsolete and useless if none of the defenses could actually do anything

The defenses’ effectiveness scale to the character. Those defenses would likely keep Keda or Nathan out, but not a character like Doomslayer. Regular-person defenses aren’t going to work on B-plus tier characters, same way that superhuman defenses won’t work on A-plus tier.

The defenses’ effectiveness scale to the character. Those defenses would likely keep Keda or Nathan out, but not a character like Doomslayer. Regular-person defenses aren’t going to work on B-plus tier characters, same way that superhuman defenses won’t work on A-plus tier.
Can’t have them 100% nullified no questions or control asked baised on solely the tier system. Welp. Looks like I will have to crack down hard then. If this is how we are playing it, I’m clicking it to legendary difficulty. You will get no mercy from me

comic

Can’t have them 100% nullified no questions or control asked baised on solely the tier system. Welp. Looks like I will have to crack down hard then. If this is how we are playing it, I’m clicking it to legendary difficulty. You will get no mercy from me
dude. i've had some attacks land on Doomslayer. he's so far tanking them for now, and besides. you could try and have your drones do something? because so far, Doomslayer has been breezing through your tanks and turrets (which frankly, are a cake walk for Flynn Taggart).

dude. i've had some attacks land on Doomslayer. he's so far tanking them for now, and besides. you could try and have your drones do something? because so far, Doomslayer has been breezing through your tanks and turrets (which frankly, are a cake walk for Flynn Taggart).
I have plans for those. The drones are somehinge she entirely for the moment. And yes, of course you will breeze through them because you control them lol. Welp. All I’m going to say is that your gonna have a bad time

comic

I have plans for those. The drones are somehinge she entirely for the moment. And yes, of course you will breeze through them because you control them lol. Welp. All I’m going to say is that your gonna have a bad time
eh. depends.
because i still have a few Doomslayer tricks up my sleeve.
namely something that's really f*cking big.

I aplogize if I came off as rude during this argument, and I recent any statements that seemed that way. But if I don’t crack down, the armies will just be auto-ed into oblivion. So otherwise I have no choice

Alright, hopefully that's enough to start with. Basically, aside from the building being robbed, there's basically no one there (Since it's a business district at 11 at night), so feel free to observe the surroundings, stop the robbers, etc etc

You can kinda tell I was running low on Samuel content though...So I'd thought he'd ask a question that'd make him realize that Azula's not from the Metal Gear-verse before realizing who Vader his.
Hey, and now the robot masters have a chance of being revived now with the Hunter :p

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Alright, like Eevee said, the general is his only character, but, with Shen, I feel that they can all control the turrets, and, I'm not saying it'll be a breeze for doomslayer, but, with comic having something big (I'm calling it, BFG, big fucking gun) under his sleeve, it all really depends, also, happy 99th /100th page, depending where this lands.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
I have no dog in this fortress fight, but there should at least be something for the other characters there to do rather than one member being a one man army stealing what they can do.

I mean yeah, even if he could do that it should be more of a matter of whether he should or not. What makes for a better story I think should take top priority. I also agree with Eevee that they should control the turrets since the fortress is not a character in it of itself.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
I intend on adding other villains, just ones that work with Zeliyis, not OCs, and, by the way, those characters are Infinite and Metal Sonic. If Shen wants, they can act as backup, appearing, they could also let the others do something else, like, Fight, maybe?

I intend on adding other villains, just ones that work with Zeliyis, not OCs, and, by the way, those characters are Infinite and Metal Sonic. If Shen wants, they can act as backup, appearing, they could also let the others do something else, like, Fight, maybe?
Hmmmm this would work out great, pending on their power level. If they are big power players, we may need to wait on introducing them until specter is more ‘desperate’ per say. But I definitely won’t throw away the possibility! XD

I like Eevee, but his bias for Archie characters is too real. I feel like he and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum, he goes to the biggest extreme for characters and I underplay characters who could be more OP than what they've shown XD

I like Eevee, but his bias for Archie characters is too real. I feel like he and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum, he goes to the biggest extreme for characters and I underplay characters who could be more OP than what they've shown XD
Honestly, you nailed it right on the head XD

For when you say Azumi isn’t that powerful and is weaker than Taiyo

And him saying doomslayer can take on an entire armada and silver can split the planet in two and not use full power

Honestly, you nailed it right on the head XD

For when you say Azumi isn’t that powerful and is weaker than Taiyo

And him saying doomslayer can take on an entire armada and silver can split the planet in two and not use full power

I never said Azumi was weaker than Taiyo. Granted I point out my cast being weaker but that specific example I've never done XD.

Also...

“...So why do Jackson and Quint get to sit this out?”
“You know why Kiran. They’ve been chatting it up all week about how they’ve planned out this one night.”
“I know, it’s just...I don’t like doing jobs with our team halved. Even if Quint usually sits on the sidelines, at least he can watch our backs…”
“Kiran, really. Stop worrying. It’s an open and shut job. We show up, wave our stuff around, watch a few bullets ricochet harmlessly off our armor, and maybe knock em’ out for the cops. Easy as pie!”
“If you say so, Sarah…”

Sarah and Kiran bantered back and forth as they approached their destination. IronHeart Server Farm. According to some police communications, an alarm had been set off there. Probably some petty thieves trying to make a buck on the black market, or take a few designs they’d do nothing with. Certainly not of any large concern, but it was always good public relations to be on the scene to apprehend targets, no matter how big they were.

“You guys are coming up on the location now. Like Sarah said, I’m sure this is an open and shut case, but watch your backs alright? We don’t want to get caught off guard.” Priscilla chimed into the conversation. “And, like Kiran said, we’re down two tonight.” Priscilla wasn’t actually with them- she was communicating with them a block or so down, in a van emblazoned with a orange logo for “GerinTech”. Said logo was no stranger to the Business Quarter- after all, that corporation towered over the city of Goldenwalk. Literally, as it was nearly impossible to not see the huge skyscraper of the international headquarters.

“Alrighty Priscilla. Over and out.” Sarah chimed back.
And then Kiran, “Thanks Priscilla, over and out.”
However, this lead to a question.

“Hey, why’d you guys say that?”
“Say what?”
“Over and out. I know you understood me in the first place, so why’d you stick that on the end?”
“Well, uh...I thought it sounded cool.”
“Really.”
“...Yeah.”
“...I thought it sounded cool too.” Kiran added.

A dry chuckle came over the line. “Okay, if it makes you two feel cooler, I suppose I could we could do that...But for now, you two stay safe, alright?”

“Copy that. Over and out.” The hero grinned as she said that.

“...Yeah, let’s not start with that now.”

And now the two had arrived. IronHeart Server Farm. Red emergency lights shone within, illuminating a figure standing in front of the building- a tall individual, armored and imposing. Their face cloaked in shadow. “Hello, Thunderhead. And to you as well, knight. I assume you’ve come here to stop my clients?”

“What the...How did they get you…?” Kiran asked the figure, pulling the hefty blade off his back, landing with a clunk on the ground.

“Fancy meeting you here, Flamebringer. Trouble getting work these days I assume?” Sarah smiled under her helmet, grabbing the axe off her admittedly limited toolbelt. A slight surge of electricity sparked on it’s edge.

The figure gave a chuckle, stepping away from the shaded entrance. Her gauntlets began to heat up, jets of flame engulfing them. “You are correct, work has gotten incredibly hard to find these days...especially when my clients continue to see my failed jobs.” Her voice never became sinister, rather keeping it’s jovial cadence. “Though I’ve been waiting for a fun little spat such as this.”

As Priscilla observed from the van, peering through some of the cameras installed throughout the Thunderhead armor, she noticed a...little blue shard. It was odd, sparkling like it did. Glass should’ve reflected red from the alarm lights. A trap? Didn’t seem like something Flamebringer would do, but Priscilla still didn’t like it.

Though Sarah nor Kiran noted the shard. They had a flaming woman to deal with. The blade of Kiran’s hefty sword began to emit a soft blue glow as it activated, Sarah’s axe began sparking to life. “If it’s a fight you want Flamebringer, it’s a fight you’ll get!”

“Uh, yeah! What she said!” Kiran had to admit, he was not one for the whole banter aspect. And unfortunately for Kiran, Flamebringer was always one for banter. And Sarah was always up to fire back. Of course, with Sarah here, there were no awkward silences. Though as he stared down Flamebringer, he was distracted by a glint of blue. What was it? He whispered into the comms, “Priscilla...do you see that thing?”

“That blue thing? Yeah, it’s weird right? Steer clear of it, I think it’s some sort of trap...”

Though Thunderhead and Flamebringer were now in their own world, both parties unaware of the shard. “Yes, give me the fight I desire! Come, let me prove my worth!” Flamebringer laughed as she charged towards the axe-wielding hero, arms engulfed in fire.

The lightning hero yet out a battle-cry as she charged forward, obviously as pumped for the fight as Flamebringer was. This also had the side effect of drowning out Priscilla and Kiran telling her not to step on the blue crystal, a combination of a “Stop” and “Look out”, but even if she had heard it, her time was up- and the blue crystal shattered under her foot.

Everything moved very fast then, and all that the video feed showed was blue.

And then it went black.

The comms were silent, despite Priscilla desperately trying to get anyone to say something on the other line.

“Sarah! Kiran! What’s going on?! Guys, come on, answer!”

Nothing.

She had to get the others down there, and fast.

What's the best way to toss Lucario & Company in here? Know nothing of the world.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Previously Battle Legend G.K.
Okay; I need some advice.
Back when Sleipmon was introduced, there were power limiters put into place to crank down his power.
That got me thinking;
could I do that with somebody extremely powerful, cranked down to make things fair?
So, I'm gonna take a risk and ask for one of the ones mentioned in the RP's very first post, however, I need a method of taking his strength down, and I need help from you guys to do this, since I'm confused in finding a method.
Given his power is cranked down intensely...

I'd like to claim Son Goku as one of my characters.

Okay; I need some advice.
Back when Sleipmon was introduced, there were power limiters put into place to crank down his power.
That got me thinking;
could I do that with somebody extremely powerful, cranked down to make things fair?
So, I'm gonna take a risk and ask for one of the ones mentioned in the RP's very first post, however, I need a method of taking his strength down, and I need help from you guys to do this, since I'm confused in finding a method.
Given his power is cranked down intensely...

I'd like to claim Son Goku as one of my characters.

*Tosses desk*

At this point, I'll just request Caulifla as well. So that way I can maybe toss in Kefla to have a slim chance to compete with some of these characters XD

But I do get what you are saying. But Goku is not the easiest character to nerf per say. Specially Super Goku (Which he'd kinda have to be, given I have Kale in the story already with her own nerfs)

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Weebs!!1!1!1
Seriously though, ok, you can take them. I have been thinking about taking Steven from Steven Universe, this opens up potential for me having a character who isn't a dick bag, what do you guys think?

Weebs!!1!1!1
Seriously though, ok, you can take them. I have been thinking about taking Steven from Steven Universe, this opens up potential for me having a character who isn't a dick bag, what do you guys think?

Well, more positivity can't hurt. Star Butterfly could use the company XD.

(Also I think you should just remove the "too OP clause" given that by this point it really does truly mean nothing XD)

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Yeah, so, I guess I should throw him in with the Cartoon Rescue Squad? A benefit is that he kinda is like a medic, with his healing saliva and all, and he is also capable of holding his own in a fight, might introduce another gem like Garnet, or maybe Peridot (With limb enhancers). I'll probably be using Steven before this whole new ark thing, so yeah, maybe post-ark, so I can have his into take place in Beach City, who knows? Also, I just realised something, I haven't been thinking of these characters as realistic, I've been thinking of them as animated, and, if I imagined them as their source form (Like realistic for characters from live action movies), it'd be like Gorillaz, where there's a mix of both styles.

Yeah, so, I guess I should throw him in with the Cartoon Rescue Squad? A benefit is that he kinda is like a medic, with his healing saliva and all, and he is also capable of holding his own in a fight, might introduce another gem like Garnet, or maybe Peridot (With limb enhancers). I'll probably be using Steven before this whole new ark thing, so yeah, maybe post-ark, so I can have his into take place in Beach City, who knows? Also, I just realised something, I haven't been thinking of these characters as realistic, I've been thinking of them as animated, and, if I imagined them as their source form (Like realistic for characters from live action movies), it'd be like Gorillaz, where there's a mix of both styles.

Never thought about something like that, guess you have a point. I just imagined they all had the same "style" as we have yet to have a character to consider the other's appearance to be jarring.

Well, we are about to set off to fight the Soviets. Seems last minute to dump Steven in, but if you want to join the part have him warp there.

Well, if we are serious about letting Goku (What group is gonna be able to do anything with him around XD) in there really is no harm at this point by bringing in Caulifla now. I can nerf her by having her not have any Super Saiyan powers to begin with and obtain it as the RP progresses.

Plus, her dialogue with characters is too good to pass up.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Previously Battle Legend G.K.
But seriously, we need a way to nerf Goku and these other characters.. Also, I haven't finished Super. I'm on the filler episode before the ToP. "Space Poachers" episode.
(i don't care if you want to stretch this series let me watch their asses get kicked by jiren)
All I know is in this spoiler.
I know that Frieza is resurrected to fight, Android 17 wins, uses the Super Dragon Balls to save all the universes, Kale and Caulifla fuse to make Kefla, Jiren is eliminated by Goku and Frieza sacrificing themselves, and everything is hunky-dory. I think. I also think Goku loses Ultra Instinct?

Anyways, how about a different colored or shaped crystal that cranks down power by an intense amount? Like, restricting his God forms and setting him to Buu Saga power.

But seriously, we need a way to nerf Goku and these other characters.. Also, I haven't finished Super. I'm on the filler episode before the ToP. "Space Poachers" episode.
(i don't care if you want to stretch this series let me watch their asses get kicked by jiren)
All I know is in this spoiler.
I know that Frieza is resurrected to fight, Android 17 wins, uses the Super Dragon Balls to save all the universes, Kale and Caulifla fuse to make Kefla, Jiren is eliminated by Goku and Frieza sacrificing themselves, and everything is hunky-dory. I think. I also think Goku loses Ultra Instinct?

Anyways, how about a different colored or shaped crystal that cranks down power by an intense amount? Like, restricting his God forms and setting him to Buu Saga power.

Well, I have nerfs in place for Kale and Caulifla if I do decide to include her. Kefla would only appear if a situation is grim and we have no other options (Like a one time thing).

Goku is tricker.
Goku is unable to transform into Ultra Instinct post TOP. Implying he has not mastered it yet, despite what Mastered Ultra Instinct would tell you. So it's one of those things he doesn't have a concious grasp on and can likely only tap into in absolute do or die situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.