• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean my idea was Keda gets done with Rex’s shit, calls him out in front of literally everyone in the team and challenges him to a duel of honour all medieval-style with the promise of no killing from either party.
Then Keda KICKS THE SHIT out of Rex, and at the end of it all pronounces Rex disgraced.
With Rex humbled and Keda’s honour and loyalty shown, Rex can start a new character arc where he learns how to be a good person while Keda and Erza can advance their friendship.

I mean my idea was Keda gets done with Rex’s shit, calls him out in front of literally everyone in the team and challenges him to a duel of honour all medieval-style with the promise of no killing from either party.
Then Keda KICKS THE SHIT out of Rex, and at the end of it all pronounces Rex disgraced.
With Rex humbled and Keda’s honour and loyalty shown, Rex can start a new character arc where he learns how to be a good person while Keda and Erza can advance their friendship.

Well, I wanted to save my post plan, but Erza's method was to volunteer that she and Rex go into the Soviet base first to lead the charge. Attracting the enemy attention and draw them outside so the group can ambush them. While providing a distraction for other members to sneak inside the base for a bit of divide and conquer.

Basically she'll test Rex's macho manliness by placing him on the front lines.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist

Why am I not suprised your plan is to beat my character to a pulp and show your charcter’s ‘honor’ in exchange XD

Well, I wanted to save my post plan, but Erza's method was to volunteer that she and Rex go into the Soviet base first to lead the charge. Attracting the enemy attention and draw them outside so the group can ambush them. While providing a distraction for other members to sneak inside the base for a bit of divide and conquer.

Basically she'll test Rex's macho manliness by placing him on the front lines.

Rex: *Sweats heavily*

This would actually be very...interesting to say the least XD

That plan can still work, but Rex is likely to continue being the way he is until he gets shown the consequences of being flat-out detrimental to the United Army.
And Shen? Think about it. Keda is a tribesman with a spear, a wolf and a no-nonsense attitude. Rex has cards with holograms. Who’s likely to think they can trick the other and get completely shown up in that scenario?
Tbh ever since you had Rex’s interactions with Erza I’ve been planning this as the definitive Keda moment in the RP aside from MAYBE one or two others.

That plan can still work, but Rex is likely to continue being the way he is until he gets shown the consequences of being flat-out detrimental to the United Army.
And Shen? Think about it. Keda is a tribesman with a spear, a wolf and a no-nonsense attitude. Rex has cards with holograms. Who’s likely to think they can trick the other and get completely shown up in that scenario?
Tbh ever since you had Rex’s interactions with Erza I’ve been planning this as the definitive Keda moment in the RP aside from MAYBE one or two others.

I'm not saying you can't do your plan, I just think it would work better to do it after the Soviets are defeated. Time and place, and it would allow for Keda's frustration to Rex to build up.

And honestly I also had an idea for Erza to beat Rex, given he seems to see her as just a magical girlfriend for him and it would be a bigger blow to his pride. But I am willing to sacrifice that for Keda to get his moment.

Trust me I have some...ideas for Rex which I won’t disclose for now. Just been toying around with some ideas which one you may or may not have said XD

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Can't we just scale them so they are equals? I think it would make for a better dynamic and possible team chemistry then having Spider-Gwen be "Spider-Man...but just better."
well, considering she's had her powers way longer than MCU Peter, as well as being faster and more agile (though maybe not as strong physically).
she has also already been involved with a big multiversal event.
The Spider-Verse.

well, considering she's had her powers way longer than MCU Peter, as well as being faster and more agile (though maybe not as strong physically).
she has also already been involved with a big multiversal event.
The Spider-Verse.

Again, I am not saying it is illogical for Spider-Gwen to be stronger. But for the RP to flow better having MCU Spider-Man be useless in all combat capacity compared to Spider-Gwen does not make for a good team dynamic given they have the exact same power set.

comic

Again, I am not saying it is illogical for Spider-Gwen to be stronger. But for the RP to flow better having MCU Spider-Man be useless in all combat capacity compared to Spider-Gwen does not make for a good team dynamic given they have the exact same power set.
obviously they'd be able to work as a team.
here, Jacob, let me explain to you what your issue is.
you think that if person A is better and stronger in every way than person B, they can't work together. A will overshadow B.
now, let's look at Infinity War.
person A (Ironman) and person B (Star-Lord) fight person C (Thanos).
even though Ironman was clearly superior to Star Lord, Quill managed to gain an upper hand against Ironman in their short fight, while also managing to shine in the fight against Thanos.
Jacob, you seriously need to stop complaining that this person will be overshadowed by this other person. it's annoying, it's getting old, and it's unfair to characters and players.

obviously they'd be able to work as a team.
here, Jacob, let me explain to you what your issue is.
you think that if person A is better and stronger in every way than person B, they can't work together. A will overshadow B.
now, let's look at Infinity War.
person A (Ironman) and person B (Star-Lord) fight person C (Thanos).
even though Ironman was clearly superior to Star Lord, Quill managed to gain an upper hand against Ironman in their short fight, while also managing to shine in the fight against Thanos.
Jacob, you seriously need to stop complaining that this person will be overshadowed by this other person. it's annoying, it's getting old, and it's unfair to characters and players.

The difference there is Quill is a better strategist then Tony is and his gadgets are not the exact same weapons Tony uses, so their fighting styles are not mirror images of each other. Which is different then the Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen situation.

Even if I agree with your general point.

I'm not saying you can't do your plan, I just think it would work better to do it after the Soviets are defeated. Time and place, and it would allow for Keda's frustration to Rex to build up.

And honestly I also had an idea for Erza to beat Rex, given he seems to see her as just a magical girlfriend for him and it would be a bigger blow to his pride. But I am willing to sacrifice that for Keda to get his moment.
Huh...that’s an interesting idea.

I’m not sure how I feel about openly planning to dismantle my character’s pride XD

I mean... that was already the plan :p
I was hardly considering having Keda do this before the Soviet battle. Hell, I was NEVER considering it. HeroSquad is the earliest it can happen, but hell it might be better to wait for the Flood-Infested Universe.

Huh...that’s an interesting idea.

I’m not sure how I feel about openly planning to dismantle my character’s pride XD

Depends on what Keda does. Erza is just aiming to put your money where Rex's mouth is. Whether they fight or not depends on how insistent Eevee is to go through with his plan, cause this does feel like a situation Erza should resolve herself and not have someone come to her defense for her. But I do get his view and like the character arc idea for Rex.

Depends on what Keda does. Erza is just aiming to put your money where Rex's mouth is. Whether they fight or not depends on how insistent Eevee is to go through with his plan, cause this does feel like a situation Erza should resolve herself and not have someone come to her defense for her. But I do get his view and like the character arc idea for Rex.
Oh yes most definitely gonna need a character arc for Rex. Just doing it Well is the question. Just the two pirhannas over here fighting over who he’s to beat up rex lol

I think it'd be more in-character for Keda, and Keda's a foe that Rex would likely accept fighting due to ASSUMING the tribesman wouldn't be much of a threat.

Fair enough. I will stick with my plan for Erza while you can have your fight.

Erza: Doesn't feel respectable to have someone speak up in your own defense. I have pride you know.

I think it'd be more in-character for Keda, and Keda's a foe that Rex would likely accept fighting due to ASSUMING the tribesman wouldn't be much of a threat.
Hmmmm while this is technically true, I doubt Keda would do so, as he threatened to use an energy weapon (duel disk) on him. Keda knows that there’s literally magic, alicorns, talking dragons, and etc in this world, so I doubt he’d pick a fight with the ‘strongest warrior of his world’, even if he is a braggart
Fair enough. I will stick with my plan for Erza while you can have your fight.

Erza: Doesn't feel respectable to have someone speak up in your own defense. I have pride you know.
Hmmm I also want to make that happen with Erza, going to the front lines. Sounds like it could have potential

Yeah see... Keda doesn't really care about those discs. And as soon as Alpha takes a sniff?
Keda ain't scared of no holograms.
Keda doesn’t know they aren’t real. And for all he knows, they are made out of starlight or are living ghosts. You have to me true to their character, they don’t know what we do

...have you watched Alpha? Keda's got high observational skill, and like I said, ALPHA IS A WOLF WITH A GOOD NOSE. Literally one sniff and Keda knows they're fake.
Won't stop him from challenging Rex anyways, even if he doesn't notice how useless Rex is during the Soviet battle.

...have you watched Alpha? Keda's got high observational skill, and like I said, ALPHA IS A WOLF WITH A GOOD NOSE. Literally one sniff and Keda knows they're fake.
Won't stop him from challenging Rex anyways, even if he doesn't notice how useless Rex is during the Soviet battle.
Giant dragons that can shoot fireballs tend to be a unsettling thing, even for a wolf. Roar loud enough and any puppy would go whining home. I think your making him out to be already knowing all this stuff

You know what else is scary?
A giant, bloodthirsty panther in a small, enclosed space that could snap a wolf like a twig with no hopes of escape.
ALPHA DIDN’T EVEN HESITATE.
Alpha is not just some dumb dog. She is an alpha wolf loyal to her pack. If that means fighting a dragon? She’ll do it anyways. That’s what it means to be the Alpha.

A giant, bloodthirsty panther in a small, enclosed space that could snap a wolf like a twig with no hopes of escape.
Alpha is not just some dumb dog. She is an alpha wolf loyal to her pack. If that means fighting a dragon? She’ll do it anyways. That’s what it means to be the Alpha.

Errrrr I think there’s a huge difference between a panther and a fire breathing dragon XD

Point is, it doesn’t matter what the foe is, if it means protecting the pack and her master ALPHA WILL FIGHT. Keda shares her courage, too, and since he initiates the duel he’s not backing down.
That dedication exposes Rex’s tricks almost instantly.

you disregarded the entire point he was making, Shen.
No I didn’t actually. She’s not dumb, I know. The exact reason she wouldn’t attack a fire breathing dragon that she doesn’t even HAVE to attack. She would just be provoking a fight amongst allies while fighting a fire breathing dragon. That’s even worse

Point is, it doesn’t matter what the foe is, if it means protecting the pack and her master ALPHA WILL FIGHT. Keda shares her courage, too, and since he initiates the duel he’s not backing down.
That dedication exposes Rex’s tricks almost instantly.
Welllllll lets just say Erza might be more suited for this roll XD. Trust me on this one...

comic

on a different topic, something got me thinking...
in The Walking Dead, the virus is airborne. everyone alive is infected, but the virus doesn't infect animals.
the point is, the virus activates when the host dies, meaning no matter how you die, you come back, unless your brain is destroyed.
so here's what i was thinking...
Negan and Rick are infected... it's airborne...
would the virus have come with them, and infected the others? meaning if someone who's been in contact with Rick or Negan, or anyone they've been in contact with would become infected, too.
so if any character died while also being human...
they would come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.