• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One hit doesn’t mean a defeat in a no-holds-barred scenario... Furthermore, all battles in stuff like shows are circumstantial with certain criteria and events. Nathan could defeat Goku by knocking him unconscious with a taser - doesn’t mean he will or will be able to in any scenario.
Oh, and with stuff like dream scenarios, you can’t count it. It has to be something that canocically and factually happened in the timeline.

Okay, here's one of (Many) canon examples of Sakura kicking Naruto's ass.
nw2vkad5xtvca2ajhlrgdtyrbz37xoe4_hq.jpg

Clearly Sakura>Naruto. No contest, no debate. I mean Naruto is so scared of her it is natural right? /s

This "gag feats are canon" thing might be up there with "Superman is limitless" thing for most annoying concepts in a versus debate I've heard.

Okay, while it’s a problem, I don’t see why you should leave the RP. Maybe the things she brings to life have sai from naruto syndrome. Where their durability is dirt, like made out of the same material they are drawn from, but their power is the same?

Of course. I wasn't planning on having them be stronger than they should. And I should've put that she can only bring one drawing or picture to life, so she has to choose wisely on what she brings to life next.

Again, landing one hit doesn’t mean they could win in a fight. Has Sakura beat Naruto in a 1v1 where they used all their skills?

Has Amy beaten Eggman one vs. one with both going all out?

Just saying, using a pure gag feet as a legitimate one is ridiculous and places characters on cartoon physic level. Which is fine if it was Bugs Bunny, but Amy is not Bugs.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
there are certain cases where gags are used to actually show what a character is capable of.
then there's just normal gags. like most gags.
the kind of gag to be taken seriously is most of the stuff Deadpool does, because he's Deadpool, or like Sans, clearly breaking the fourth wall when he cracks jokes, alluding to the fact he does legit break the fourth wall. sorta.
anyway, the gags you're trying to claim should be considered legit is honestly stupid. i can turn my head from this whole Archie thing (which i'm already against), but taking gags as a show of true potential is near-sighted and unfair, not to mention dumb.
Gags are not meant to be taken seriously, case-in-point.
and that's all that needs to be said on the matter.

Well, my bad for opening that can of worms...Dedede still should win if he canonically took on Magolor, Dark Meta Knight, and Sectonia

Yeah don't feel bad Skittles, we all mess up a bit. Heck, look at us arguing over Sonic characters beating Dedede :p My fault there. And it seems you had the idea it'd be OP already so you had standards put on em'.

And sorry for taking forever to post, it's real long and I keep getting busy. Tonight!...Probably.

Thank you ^_^ I do enjoy watching the discussion in here. And yes, I knew it would be extremely OP if she could just bring to life monsters here and there, which would be no fun at all XP so limiting her to bringing only one picture to life would be a little more acceptable (: I made sure to think this through before making the character in case there weren't enough flaws to balance her out. This is also why she is protective of her bag because if anyone were to destroy those cards, then all she has left for defense is her werewolf ability.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Thank you ^_^ I do enjoy watching the discussion in here. And yes, I knew it would be extremely OP if she could just bring to life monsters here and there, which would be no fun at all XP so limiting her to bringing only one picture to life would be a little more acceptable (: I made sure to think this through before making the character in case there weren't enough flaws to balance her out. This is also why she is protective of her bag because if anyone were to destroy those cards, then all she has left for defense is her werewolf ability.
I suppose that’s balanced, as rex’s Ability let’s him summon Creatures like Yu-Gi-Oh Does, but he still has to follow their conditions and requirements. But he can have up to five or at once

I was still debating on whether she could use certain trap, magic or spell cards, but I figured that would be pushing it. I was also wondering if she does use a monster that has an ability that could it be used as the card specifies or not since it would only be a picture coming to life. It's hard for me to make decisions like this.

I was still debating on whether she could use certain trap, magic or spell cards, but I figured that would be pushing it. I was also wondering if she does use a monster that has an ability that could it be used as the card specifies or not since it would only be a picture coming to life. It's hard for me to make decisions like this.
Well I imagine monster effects would be okay, but spells or traps? That would go against the one thing animated at a time thing

Awesome ^_^ To be honest, I was really tempted to have her use the Rabidragon for shits and giggles :D but maybe I'll save that for later. Anyways, I'm going back to sleep. Hoping to have one of those dreams where I'm kicking ass and having fun. Night!

Awesome ^_^ To be honest, I was really tempted to have her use the Rabidragon for shits and giggles :D but maybe I'll save that for later. Anyways, I'm going back to sleep. Hoping to have one of those dreams where I'm kicking ass and having fun. Night!

*Googles Rabidragon*

W-well, that is....unique.

*Sees Attack value*

Man, they really don't want any normal monster to be stronger than Blue-Eyes do they? XD

*Googles Rabidragon*

*Sees Attack value*

Man, they really don't want any normal monster to be stronger than Blue-Eyes do they? XD
What about Super Saiyan Dark Magician? A Yu-Gi-Oh card created by Akira Toriyama himself, stolen from an art exhibit in Neo Otaku City and retrieved by Joe Furiya and his partner Diesel.

*Googles Rabidragon*

*Sees Attack value*

Hahahaha no they don’t. And something that weird looking with that much strength even OVER that of red eyes or it’s black metal variant

Hahahaha no they don’t. And something that weird looking with that much strength even OVER that of red eyes or it’s black metal variant

*Goes Yugi nerd*

Red Eyes Black Metal Dragon seemed so cool in the anime. But the actual game version of it is kinda bad and really Red-Eyes just with metalmorph is the infinitely better option.

Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon however, is amazing.

*Goes Yugi nerd*

Red Eyes Black Metal Dragon seemed so cool in the anime. But the actual game version of it is kinda bad and really Red-Eyes just with metalmorph is the infinitely better option.

Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon however, is amazing.

I know right?

*speaks fluent Yu-Gi-Oh! Nerd*

I have a deck actually that centers around darkness dragon. That thing is a monster, literally and figuratively lol. Although I often prefer to swap him out for another star monster of Rex’s: Tyrant Dragon. He often seems more worth it.

...and there’s toon red eyes XD

You can clear out Season 1 in half an hour - it’s three 8-minute long videos. Season 2 has six episodes about 10-minutes each, taking one hour. In an hour and a half, you’ll be done with ACD.

...and there’s toon red eyes XD

Which, along with Toon Dark Magician, are easily the best Toon Monsters.

You can clear out Season 1 in half an hour - it’s three 8-minute long videos. Season 2 has six episodes about 10-minutes each, taking one hour. In an hour and a half, you’ll be done with ACD.

Thanks for the tip.

Also I have a battle seen with Erza and the Soviets in my head, with her taking advantage of the diverse powers her different armors have in a nice little showcase. Whether I use it or not remains to be seen.

Which, along with Toon Dark Magician, are easily the best Toon Monsters.

Thanks for the tip.

Also I have a battle seen with Erza and the Soviets in my head, with her taking advantage of the diverse powers her different armors have in a nice little showcase. Whether I use it or not remains to be seen.

*looks at this and quickly stashes away Toon Blue eyes* ...Yeah...

also, it would be nice to see Erza in battle, and I’m sure Rex would too, because that means less enemies for him to worry about not defeating lol

No one I don’t think. Maybe hunter? If I had to name someone

Hum, I guess I can have Kale work to carry them up to the fortress. Unless other people present can fly I mean, and drop off some to help Flynn while others go inside the fortress to fight the soldiers/other surprises while Hiro deals with Mecha Hiro (I'd like that to remain one on one.)

Hum, I guess I can have Kale work to carry them up to the fortress. Unless other people present can fly I mean, and drop off some to help Flynn while others go inside the fortress to fight the soldiers/other surprises while Hiro deals with Mecha Hiro (I'd like that to remain one on one.)
Hmmmmm I suppose that can work. Though just so you know, the fortress isn’t up in the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.