• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay come on @Comic, Azula's personality hasn't shifted that much and she has been pretty "honest" in her persona to this point since she was caught the first time. This is getting silly how many times he catches her by this point.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Okay come on @Comic, Azula's personality hasn't shifted that much and she has been pretty "honest" in her persona to this point since she was caught the first time. This is getting silly how many times he catches her by this point.
i've noticed the shifts myself. they're subtle, but clear.
after he called her out, she acted a bit more confident, but when approaching Negan and acting fearful, he knew she was still acting.

i've noticed the shifts myself. they're subtle, but clear.
after he called her out, she acted a bit more confident, but when approaching Negan and acting fearful, he knew she was still acting.

She isn't fearful. She stuttered once in the beginning, but otherwise has acted the same as she did when Negan caught her the first time. She is simply making a suggestion and even walked up to Negan to voice her complaint about him shouting at the pilot. That seems confident to me.

comic

So the stutter was a break in her persona then?
Regardless, Negan called her out once, and was proven right. Here's what's going through his head;
"Who's to say she won't do it again, or isn't already doing it?"
Alongside this, I'm trying to set up a dynamic between the two, since Negan needs a new dynamic considering Cobra clearly isn't interested in that sort of stuff.

So the stutter was a break in her persona then?
Regardless, Negan called her out once, and was proven right. Here's what's going through his head;
"Who's to say she won't do it again, or isn't already doing it?"
Alongside this, I'm trying to set up a dynamic between the two, since Negan needs a new dynamic considering Cobra clearly isn't interested in that sort of stuff.

No, it was just a writing choice I mean. Probably just to "work out" what she wanted to say given the hostile attitude Negan had to the pilot.

Well this "dynamic" kinda undersells Azula and doesn't really put her on a level where she is even near Negan intellectually given how easily he sniffs her out at every turn. That would be my one issue, that this dynamic has been painfully one sided is all.

comic

No, it was just a writing choice I mean. Probably just to "work out" what she wanted to say given the hostile attitude Negan had to the pilot.

Well this "dynamic" kinda undersells Azula and doesn't really put her on a level where she is even near Negan intellectually given how easily he sniffs her out at every turn. That would be my one issue, that this dynamic has been painfully one sided is all.
Negan is just more perceptive. It has nothing to do with intelligence, but Negan is witty and cunning as well.
He can see through most ruses. The dynamic I'm trying to set up is a team dynamic. Azula to Negan would make a good second-in-command, from his point of view. Rather than focusing on strength, he looks at a person for who they are, and Azula clearly has deceptive qualities as leadership traits.

Negan is just more perceptive. It has nothing to do with intelligence, but Negan is witty and cunning as well.
He can see through most ruses. The dynamic I'm trying to set up is a team dynamic. Azula to Negan would make a good second-in-command, from his point of view. Rather than focusing on strength, he looks at a person for who they are, and Azula clearly has deceptive qualities as leadership traits.

But those deceptive qualities are supposed to be far more convincing than what has been perceived by others. She has deceived strangers, high intellects (The Dai Li's Long Feng), her brother and even enemies.

If Negan is good on perception, Azula is good on deception. And it just seems that there is no balance at all between these qualities as every attempt at deception has been sniffed out easily. Again despite Negan not knowing a single thing about Azula apart given they just met.

From an outsider's perspective, I think the dynamic Comic wants COULD work, but it still undersells Azula a bit too much. If they became PARTNERS however, I think that would work best. Negan would be the technical leader with Azula helping him gain loyalty, but Azula has just as much sway over the group as Negan.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
But those deceptive qualities are supposed to be far more convincing than what has been perceived by others. She has deceived strangers, high intellects (The Dai Li's Long Feng), her brother and even enemies.

If Negan is good on perception, Azula is good on deception. And it just seems that there is no balance at all between these qualities as every attempt at deception has been sniffed out easily. Again despite Negan not knowing a single thing about Azula apart given they just met.

From an outsider's perspective, I think the dynamic Comic wants COULD work, but it still undersells Azula a bit too much. If they became PARTNERS however, I think that would work best. Negan would be the technical leader with Azula helping him gain loyalty, but Azula has just as much sway over the group as Negan.

I 100% agree. Azumi should not have been routed as this point just because we as the writers know she is lying.

The ultimate dynamic- Negan and Azula plot evilly and once in a while Sam comes over like "hey guys check out my cool sword tricks isnt it cool"

Honestly Sam's picking her story kinda apart (Petty Officer isn't the lowest rank of a navy, but he could explain it away by differences in the world or her apparent relation to the commander) but he's fooled. I see what Comic's trying to do, which is salvage the current boring as dirt plot. Point is, Azula could play coy and Sam would defend her.

Ah man it's my time to post again. Can't hold things up more than I have these past couple days.

Honestly Sam's picking her story kinda apart (Petty Officer isn't the lowest rank of a navy, but he could explain it away by differences in the world or her apparent relation to the commander) but he's fooled.

To be fair, that one is more on me than anything. I figured it was among the lower ranks XD. But yeah I am having Azula play it off as a difference of worlds, and she was gonna talk about her "relation" with Azulon before Negan interrupted with his outburst. So Azula could argue she would have explained herself but had to deal with more pressing matters.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Doomslayer is inside, and he's been traversing through Specter's Fortress. i just haven't made a post on him yet.
Team... Chief now, I guess, considering Hiro is elsewhere, is about to start. GodJacob will be instigating that.
Which reminds me. Probably should get a doomslayer post up so I can get him involved

I've been kind of working to isolate Team Stark for the moment. Raiden joining up would be as far as I'm willing to stretch it, but this group is meant to meet up with Teams Lora and Sonic later on. If Nanashi has to join the Camelot plot, it would be better for him to join with Lora or Artemis.

One family, placed in the center of all, causes a chain of events that cracks all apart.
A father, charged with the upkeep of all.
A mother, lost and confused in the face of duty.
A son, soft and taken by a dark spirit and train of thought.
A daughter, dutiful and loyal who seeks to uphold the peace.
When half of the family departs, only the Father and the Daughter remain to guard the Core of All.
One day, the Son returned, a dark Spirit within him. Seeking for all to vanish, he breaks the Core of All, rendering worlds fractured and intermingled.
The Father remains to fix the Core of All, but knows the Son must be stopped. The Daughter departs in search of four Heroes to repair the broken strands of existence.
The Knight arises from his solitude once more.
The Genie aides her world and those of others.
The Traveler decides to take a stand.
The Soldier moves from one battle to the next.
The Daughter gathers them all, and battles against the Son to save all from the Spirit's destructive goals.
But it is not enough, and all prepares to vanish.
The Father entrusts the Core of All to the Daughter, taking a stand once more. He sacrifices himself to save the Son, the Spirit expelled.
The Five Heroes, refusing to let the sacrifice go in vain, strike down the Spirit, saving the Son's mind.
Destruction averted, the Heroes return to their worlds, the Daughter and the Son taking the Father's place together as the guardians of the Core of All.
But then... the Heroes vanished.
The Knight was consumed by darkness.
The Genie was taken unaware.
The Traveler becomes trapped.
And the Soldier is lost, stolen by the Curse.
The Daughter knows of ill times to come, but cannot stop it alone...
The Curse attacks without warning, sending the Daughter away to distant worlds, leaving only the Son to oppose it.
The Daughter is forced to gather new companions... and new companions she will find.
The Warrior.
The Dragon.
The Light.
And the Prince.
Together, the new Five Heroes rise against the dark, not only to save their comrades, but to stop the Curse and save all once again.

Mokko

Previously Blatant Mokery
@Blatant Mokery Are you placing Nanashi with Team Stark? That won't really work for the current plot. Sarah with Team Lora can work well, but Team Stark is too crowded with their own major plot at the moment.
It isn't my intention to break continuity. I'll try to work something out. If you're really against it, I can have Nanashi not meet with Team Stark.

One family, placed in the center of all, causes a chain of events that cracks all apart.
A father, charged with the upkeep of all.
A mother, lost and confused in the face of duty.
A son, soft and taken by a dark spirit and train of thought.
A daughter, dutiful and loyal who seeks to uphold the peace.
When half of the family departs, only the Father and the Daughter remain to guard the Core of All.
One day, the Son returned, a dark Spirit within him. Seeking for all to vanish, he breaks the Core of All, rendering worlds fractured and intermingled.
The Father remains to fix the Core of All, but knows the Son must be stopped. The Daughter departs in search of four Heroes to repair the broken strands of existence.
The Knight arises from his solitude once more.
The Genie aides her world and those of others.
The Traveler decides to take a stand.
The Soldier moves from one battle to the next.
The Daughter gathers them all, and battles against the Son to save all from the Spirit's destructive goals.
But it is not enough, and all prepares to vanish.
The Father entrusts the Core of All to the Daughter, taking a stand once more. He sacrifices himself to save the Son, the Spirit expelled.
The Five Heroes, refusing to let the sacrifice go in vain, strike down the Spirit, saving the Son's mind.
Destruction averted, the Heroes return to their worlds, the Daughter and the Son taking the Father's place together as the guardians of the Core of All.
But then... the Heroes vanished.
The Knight was consumed by darkness.
The Genie was taken unaware.
The Traveler becomes trapped.
And the Soldier is lost, stolen by the Curse.
The Daughter knows of ill times to come, but cannot stop it alone...
The Curse attacks without warning, sending the Daughter away to distant worlds, leaving only the Son to oppose it.
The Daughter is forced to gather new companions... and new companions she will find.
The Warrior.
The Dragon.
The Light.
And the Prince.
Together, the new Five Heroes rise against the dark, not only to save their comrades, but to stop the Curse and save all once again.
Oh uh I did decide to throw that together to give a bit of context on the past between Nathan, Shantae, Maple and the others. If you can guess who all of the characters are, you get a cookie.

comic

I say put Team Negan through a portal.
probably the best idea. separate Vader, Bowser, Grievous and Sawyer from Negan, Azula, and Samuel.
Grievous because Bog doesn't seem interested in using him at all.
Anyway, that's what I'll probably do. I'll make a new Negan post, auto Cobra's characters very slightly, not dialogue or anything. Just basic actions.
Then another convergence, and Negan, Azula and Samuel, together, will appear...
Where?
Camelot?
Goldenwalk?
Fenrir Far East Branch?
i say Camelot for Samuel/Raiden/Snake purposes.

If we do do Camelot, they won't be able to meet up with the others until Teams Stark, Lora and Sonic have all met up. Plus, it might be better to put them in what used to be the Labyzinth if we want them meeting up with Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.