• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokko

Previously Blatant Mokery
I was planning on waiting until Comic posted before I did, so I could have Javier and Gryphon’s actions open, but I don’t like waiting.
I’ll post today, since no matter what I’ll have Papyrus and Noah ready to act.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Where should I drop Jet, if I should drop him in yet?

Oh, and before anybody who knows Ninjago asks, HE'S NOT A LEGO.
Anyways, in his universe, modern culture objects, such as Pokemon, Undertale, My Hero, Sonic, et cetera, exist. He knows just as much about each franchise as I do.
You should know this... I'm still gonna imagine him as a yellow lego man.

Where should I drop Jet, if I should drop him in yet?

Oh, and before anybody who knows Ninjago asks, HE'S NOT A LEGO.
Anyways, in his universe, modern culture objects, such as Pokemon, Undertale, My Hero, Sonic, et cetera, exist. He knows just as much about each franchise as I do.
Same with Variant Fox, Okimi, Gao, and Alicia.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
actually... that might be an interesting plan. it could even potentially spare Frisk from Gaster.

sucks Gaster's gonna kill her.
I'm sure you thought about it already, but if Frisk still has determination, and logically the SAVE feature, she could come back. Heck, pure determination overcame Asriel, who had the power of 6 Human souls and near 100 monster souls (Which I believe is equivalent to 1 human soul), though that was with Frisk's friends backing them up.

Unless Gaster can SAVE over Frisk, it's only ruined until she clicks retry/load. That being said, since Papyrus and Sans would logically not disappear, Frisk causes a timeline split.
Yeah, I'm thinking about that. I'm gonna drop Goku in Camelot, and Jet in either Camelot or MAYBE the Underground.
I think the Underground is just so Gaster can EPICALLY DAB on Frisk and show he's a force to be reckoned with. Papyrus is gone until Z picks him up and Sans is in a cave somewhere in Camelot so yeah...
Goldenwalk could work. Or Camelot. I need to pick up the pace on that plot there lol

On another note, I personally disagree with this interpretation of Gaster. None of it's canon, but the idea of Gaster being this mastermind evil genius is interesting...but man do I hate it in practice. It seems so generic. Not to mention some information in Deltarune Ch1 that paints him in an interesting light, but that's a whole other can of worms in of itself. I won't deny that he is likely a scientist of some sort amd has some sort of lab- I believe some things point him to have made the Determination Extractor in the True Lab, not to mention him being heavily connected to Sans who has his weird workshop.

The main problem I have with it is that he created Sans and Papyrus...Which I think Toby would have pointed to more if it were the case.

comic

I'm sure you thought about it already, but if Frisk still has determination, and logically the SAVE feature, she could come back. Heck, pure determination overcame Asriel, who had the power of 6 Human souls and near 100 monster souls (Which I believe is equivalent to 1 human soul), though that was with Frisk's friends backing them up.

Unless Gaster can SAVE over Frisk, it's only ruined until she clicks retry/load. That being said, since Papyrus and Sans would logically not disappear, Frisk causes a timeline split.

I think the Underground is just so Gaster can EPICALLY DAB on Frisk and show he's a force to be reckoned with. Papyrus is gone until Z picks him up and Sans is in a cave somewhere in Camelot so yeah...
Goldenwalk could work. Or Camelot. I need to pick up the pace on that plot there lol

On another note, I personally disagree with this interpretation of Gaster. None of it's canon, but the idea of Gaster being this mastermind evil genius is interesting...but man do I hate it in practice. It seems so generic. Not to mention some information in Deltarune Ch1 that paints him in an interesting light, but that's a whole other can of worms in of itself. I won't deny that he is likely a scientist of some sort amd has some sort of lab- I believe some things point him to have made the Determination Extractor in the True Lab, not to mention him being heavily connected to Sans who has his weird workshop.

The main problem I have with it is that he created Sans and Papyrus...Which I think Toby would have pointed to more if it were the case.
to clarify, this version of Gaster i'm using isn't solely based on Undertale's interpretation. he's more so based on the version of Gaster displayed in the comic series 'Handplates'. through decades of being trapped in the void, being scattered across time and space, Gaster has lost touch with most of his emotions, similar to Flowey. when he begins to reconstruct his SOUL throughout the course of the RP, he will become more and more powerful, while also becoming more and more real. currently, he can't be killed, considering he technically 'doesn't exist'.
but as he regains himself, he becomes more and more true, his existence strengthens along with his power, as well as a gradual return of emotion.

to clarify, this version of Gaster i'm using isn't solely based on Undertale's interpretation. he's more so based on the version of Gaster displayed in the comic series 'Handplates'. through decades of being trapped in the void, being scattered across time and space, Gaster has lost touch with most of his emotions, similar to Flowey. when he begins to reconstruct his SOUL throughout the course of the RP, he will become more and more powerful, while also becoming more and more real. currently, he can't be killed, considering he technically 'doesn't exist'.
but as he regains himself, he becomes more and more true, his existence strengthens along with his power, as well as a gradual return of emotion.
Fair enough. I saw a bit of that comic back in like...early 2016? Yeah, kinda left a weird taste in my mouth. Not bad but not good either. Just edgy for the sake of edgy. I can see the appeal but it just didn't do it for me. Though I like your interpretation of him, because we aren't getting a definitive answer on this guy for some time. Also I sorta made my post before Frisk even had a chance to survive.

I am curious to see where this is all going.

...I should work on my post...

Pro Hero Dekiru

Previously Battle Legend G.K.
actually... that might be an interesting plan. it could even potentially spare Frisk from Gaster.
That was my original thinking. Jet may not be all-powerful like some characters in Undertale, but he can put up a fight. I also think it would make for some maybe character interaction.
Unlike anyone else put in this situation, Jet wouldn't be fan-boying over meeting Frisk and W.D. Gaster. He would go, "Dangerous situation. Ass-kicking time."
Perhaps Jet could stall until another portal opens up to somewhere, and he and Frisk ditch while he gives Gaster the bird.

comic

That was my original thinking. Jet may not be all-powerful like some characters in Undertale, but he can put up a fight. I also think it would make for some maybe character interaction.
Unlike anyone else put in this situation, Jet wouldn't be fan-boying over meeting Frisk and W.D. Gaster. He would go, "Dangerous situation. Ass-kicking time."
Perhaps Jet could stall until another portal opens up to somewhere, and he and Frisk ditch while he gives Gaster the bird.
heh, that'd be funny. yeah, go ahead with it.
guess this means i'm officially claiming Frisk as a character.
shit. too many undertale characters...

Pro Hero Dekiru

Jet: I've fought street thugs, elemental golems, and a psychotic maniac that threatened my dimension's very existence.
The f#ck have you done?

comic

i've already discussed this in PMs with both Bog and Eevee, but i think i'd better tell the rest of you what's in store for the future.
now, mind you, Bog has agreed with me, and given the 'okay' for this particular event in the plot.
are ya ready? this one's a doozy.
alright. here goes.
Gaster, when reaching his full power, after the defeat of Zeliyis, much later in the RP. much, much later, Gaster will do something that will change the course of the RP permanently.
it's comparable to the Infinity War snap, except this time, more people die, and there's no bringing them back.
Gaster will eliminate a large majority of the cast. any person with over three characters will have to choose three characters to survive this, and kill off the rest. people with three or less characters don't have to kill off any characters unless they really want to.
alongside this, the convergence will end, meaning no new characters until the defeat of Gaster.
i understand many of us don't want to kill off many of our characters. i have many i don't plan to kill, but they'll end up dying anyway.
this is for the future, so i've decided to warn you before this happens, to allow you time to prepare for this event, and select the three characters you choose to survive.
my three characters (not including Gaster, since he's a rare exception due to his status) are;
Spider-Gwen
Rick Grimes
Sans

Pro Hero Dekiru

Jet: Oh, so scared. You were kidnapped by a guy who can demolish a city.
I was almost brutally put into a f#cking COMA by an army whose sheer disorder of power almost crippled the planet.
You told them to kiss your ass while you were good and fine.
I told them to kiss my ass when I was forced on my knees and being drained of all life.

Mokko

Previously Blatant Mokery
i've already discussed this in PMs with both Bog and Eevee, but i think i'd better tell the rest of you what's in store for the future.
now, mind you, Bog has agreed with me, and given the 'okay' for this particular event in the plot.
are ya ready? this one's a doozy.
alright. here goes.
Gaster, when reaching his full power, after the defeat of Zeliyis, much later in the RP. much, much later, Gaster will do something that will change the course of the RP permanently.
it's comparable to the Infinity War snap, except this time, more people die, and there's no bringing them back.
Gaster will eliminate a large majority of the cast. any person with over three characters will have to choose three characters to survive this, and kill off the rest. people with three or less characters don't have to kill off any characters unless they really want to.
alongside this, the convergence will end, meaning no new characters until the defeat of Gaster.
i understand many of us don't want to kill off many of our characters. i have many i don't plan to kill, but they'll end up dying anyway.
this is for the future, so i've decided to warn you before this happens, to allow you time to prepare for this event, and select the three characters you choose to survive.
my three characters (not including Gaster, since he's a rare exception due to his status) are;
Spider-Gwen
Rick Grimes
Sans
I, for one, am totally fine with this, despite the fact that I’m biased since I have about three characters. I think nearly everyone else had complained at least once about the size of the current roster, and I know I’m new around these parts, but this will be good for character development.
Long live the Infinity Wars Gaster Snap!

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
wAIT wHAT, when did I say yes to that!? You just said that you'd be using Gaster!? THIS ENTIRE ROLEPLAY HAS BEEN CLOGGED BY A DAMN ROBOT WHO THINKS HE'S THE BEST THING EVER, AND NOW APPARENTLY I AGREED TO HAVING ZELIYIS BE PLOT-BLOCKED AGAIN!? Alright, here is where I put my foot down, I've had problems with Z taking up the plot, but then it was just him, now it's Gaster! Zeliyis is the main villain, not some secret boss that you have to complete the game to 100% five times to find! I'm honestly getting kinda pissed, I take it back! I REFUSE TO BE BOSSED AROUND ANY MORE! Z IS NOTHING MORE THAN SOME NARCASISTIC JOKE! HE'S FLAWED, HE WAS MADE BY HUMANITY, HE JUST SOUNDS LIKE A GENERAL ASS, AND THAT HE WOULD BE WITHOUT TRYING TO MAKE HIM ONE, SPECTER IS THE ONLY ONE I'M OK WITH BECAUSE HE'S NOT STICKING AROUND FOREVER, TWO ARKS AT MOST! YOU ALL THINK YOUR WILAINS IS THE REAL SHIT WHEN THEY'RE ALL NOTHING BUT JOKES! GASTER IS SOME HIGHLY WANKED EDGE-LORD SHIT SHOW! Z IS THE SAME, EXACT SAME, NOTHING BUT AN OVER WANKED EDGE-LORD, ZELIYIS WAS MEANT TO BE THE MAIN VILLAIN, NOT EITHER OF THEM! I'm sorry for going off like that, but I just can't hold this in any more, I just needed to get this out, I didn't want it to be like this, but, it did, please, just, stick around so we can resolve this and make sense of it.

comic

wAIT wHAT, when did I say yes to that!? You just said that you'd be using Gaster!? THIS ENTIRE ROLEPLAY HAS BEEN CLOGGED BY A DAMN ROBOT WHO THINKS HE'S THE BEST THING EVER, AND NOW APPARENTLY I AGREED TO HAVING ZELIYIS BE PLOT-BLOCKED AGAIN!? Alright, here is where I put my foot down, I've had problems with Z taking up the plot, but then it was just him, now it's Gaster! Zeliyis is the main villain, not some secret boss that you have to complete the game to 100% five times to find! I'm honestly getting kinda pissed, I take it back! I REFUSE TO BE BOSSED AROUND ANY MORE! Z IS NOTHING MORE THAN SOME NARCASISTIC JOKE! HE'S FLAWED, HE WAS MADE BY HUMANITY, HE JUST SOUNDS LIKE A GENERAL ASS, AND THAT HE WOULD BE WITHOUT TRYING TO MAKE HIM ONE, SPECTER IS THE ONLY ONE I'M OK WITH BECAUSE HE'S NOT STICKING AROUND FOREVER, TWO ARKS AT MOST! YOU ALL THINK YOUR WILAINS IS THE REAL SHIT WHEN THEY'RE ALL NOTHING BUT JOKES! GASTER IS SOME HIGHLY WANKED EDGE-LORD SHIT SHOW! Z IS THE SAME, EXACT SAME, NOTHING BUT AN OVER WANKED EDGE-LORD, ZELIYIS WAS MEANT TO BE THE MAIN VILLAIN, NOT EITHER OF THEM! I'm sorry for going off like that, but I just can't hold this in any more, I just needed to get this out, I didn't want it to be like this, but, it did, please, just, stick around so we can resolve this and make sense of it.
hey, uh, so i've been thinking about ways to dwindle down our cast into a more digestible size in the future, especially with more characters constantly being added, but nobody dying off.
and it will take place probably after Zeliris or whatever its name was.
considering Gaster is uh... well, i can't exactly categorize him on the tier list, because if we're being technical, he could be in all of the tiers. from S1 to F.
anyway, i was thinking, once i get Gaster up to his full power, he could do some wacky shit that'll kill off a ton of characters.
and end the convergence, meaning no more new characters. i know it's a far stretch, but i'd say the limit of characters one roleplayer can allow to survive is 3. Gaster would be a serious threat, regardless of whether Eevee is convinced Z could solo him or not. Gaster has a certain control over the entirety of the multiverse, and at full power, he's...
well, much like his tier level, i can't begin to describe his potential.

now, i've been thinking to myself; 'how can i make such an op character actually manage to lose? that's when i came up with this brilliant idea;
Gaster will be on a quest for the majority of this rp to find the shattered bits of his SOUL, shattered acrossed time and space. currently, he was invincible. he logically doesn't 'exist' meaning he can't be killed. but with each SOUL fragment he obtains, he becomes a little more alive, and a little more mortal, but he also gains power from them.
so while he gets in influx in damage, his ability to take any hit without sustaining damage decreases.
Yeah, we might do this, but we'll have to ask the others, and, the idea of 3 Max is good, because Eevee's tying to keep like 80% of his cast.
oh my gosh, yeah, i know, and it's frustrating.
none of us really wanna kill off a lot of our characters, but having an event like this would force them to depart with all selected characters besides three (of course, unless they already have only three, or even less than that, the roleplayer can decide if they lose any).

comic

dude, we agreed Gaster would be doing stuff after Zeliyis.
Zeliyis isn't getting 'plot-blocked' by Gaster.
Gaster's arc is after everything with Zeliyis. As I said, we've discussed this.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Oof, guess I did go overboard, I'm sorry, I've just been kinda stressed, Comic and I are working something out at the moment, just so that we can agree on something.

Also, on the other hand, If anybody has some last character wishes (If you want one more character), Then post them now, then, there will be no more characters accepted, as well as any other players. I might take Peridot, then, I'll be saving characters for the sequel, so, any last wishes?

comic

what about characters i acquire due to circumstance? like the upcoming Halo arc, i'll be having Atriox as a side villain, as well as Gravemind.
(basically, every single Halo character in this rp has been controlled be me so far, with the exception of that one Marine OC Mok and I created to work with Miranda.)

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
what about characters i acquire due to circumstance? like the upcoming Halo arc, i'll be having Atriox as a side villain, as well as Gravemind.
(basically, every single Halo character in this rp has been controlled be me so far, with the exception of that one Marine OC Mok and I created to work with Miranda.)
Well, I guess that temp villains won't count, but, I still have a crap ton of characters (The generals and stuff, unless people would like to make OCs to fill those rolls, because They were already there, so it's just like giving a character to somebody.)

comic

Well, I guess that temp villains won't count, but, I still have a crap ton of characters (The generals and stuff, unless people would like to make OCs to fill those rolls, because They were already there, so it's just like giving a character to somebody.)
and we still have our villain allegiance planned soon *hint* *hint*
you know. Elidocorc recruiting a certain somebody who shall go unnamed until introduction.

comic

on a different topic, all the replies on page 23 of the RP so far have been quality work, guys.
keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.