• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Also, just a note, I'm going to be taking The King from deltarune as one of the generals, you may ask 'why?', and to answer your question, is this remix:
EDIT: What if somebody took Asgore (I'd make an exeption for that, allowing him and your final character.) and him and The King fought? (I'm asking comic in DMs, if he says no, then I'll make another post saying that Asgore is open.

Last edited:

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Also, just a note, I'm going to be taking The King from deltarune as one of the generals, you may ask 'why?', and to answer your question, is this remix:
EDIT: What if somebody took Asgore (I'd make an exeption for that, allowing him and your final character.) and him and The King fought? (I'm asking comic in DMs, if he says no, then I'll make another post saying that Asgore is open.
My heart goes out to Jevil. Sure he might be a Jackle rip off, but I like both equally XD

I think this is actually great for me.
I realize now that all those OCs I got in are really going to put a strain on the RP, and was planning on killing two of the HeroSquad in the first place. Those deaths already splinter the squad, and this is a fantastic way to end things for...good I suppose.
Sarah will be the last one left. Everyone she fought for is gone. All her friends. The only survivors would be Gerald and Aisha, since their getting dropped after the Camelot/Goldenwalk arc.
Sarah, Raiden (He's too cool to kill ;_;) and, if he survives, the Hunter. Ifthe Hunter dies, so be it. Someone else will take his place. I don't know who, but I will figure it out as things develop. And if Sarah's just the worst thing ever in time she'll get dumped.

Oh yeah, happy thanksgiving to all you 'Mericans. We're showing our thanks by murdering our casts :) (Eventually)

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
jeez.
so, i'm typing up the responses i can for my next post, but i'm just waiting on other people's replies so i can add every character to this reply that i can,
and my new post is already bigger than my last.
'3,314 words 20,673 characters'
i'm gonna aim for 5k words.

comic

i think there's so many characters in my post because of the glitch text. each one of those little things is its own character, and Gaster has a fair amount of dialogue in my next post.
if i manage to squeeze out 5k words, guess what i'm going for, next?
7k.
then 10k.
then AK-47 because i don't have the feking time for this, lol.

...you ever really enjoy a story, but one plot twist just ruins your enjoyment?
That's kind of what the Gaster Extinction Event is to me.
I just can't agree with it. Trimming down our cast is something we should do, yes, but that doesn't mean flat-out MURDERING them all with no hope of return. It makes literally everything they've done before absolutely meaningless with no long-term effects. If there was a way to reverse the effects like Thanos' snap, I might be up for it, but as it stands it's just killed my interest of everything post-Zeliyis.
Not to mention how I don't appreciate the jabs made at me behind my back.
As such... I think I'll probably leave the RP when Zeliyis is defeated. All of my characters will return to their respective worlds to do whatever the hell they will until Gaster inevitably renders it all moot and pointless by nixing them all.
I can't agree with character deaths happening just for the sake of killing them off - I've ALWAYS been strongly against that, it's lazy and cuts off gigantic threads of storytelling potential - and in an RP with this, especially to me due to my large cast, it's flat-out disrespectful.
I'll stick around for the Z arc, likely will do some things but not much for the Zeliyis arc, but when we're done that I'm going to drop out, taking my characters with me.
Sorry, but the Gaster Extinction Event just isn't something I can respect, much less RP with.

...you ever really enjoy a story, but one plot twist just ruins your enjoyment?
That's kind of what the Gaster Extinction Event is to me.
I just can't agree with it. Trimming down our cast is something we should do, yes, but that doesn't mean flat-out MURDERING them all with no hope of return. It makes literally everything they've done before absolutely meaningless with no long-term effects. If there was a way to reverse the effects like Thanos' snap, I might be up for it, but as it stands it's just killed my interest of everything post-Zeliyis.
Not to mention how I don't appreciate the jabs made at me behind my back.
As such... I think I'll probably leave the RP when Zeliyis is defeated. All of my characters will return to their respective worlds to do whatever the hell they will until Gaster inevitably renders it all moot and pointless by nixing them all.
I can't agree with character deaths happening just for the sake of killing them off - I've ALWAYS been strongly against that, it's lazy and cuts off gigantic threads of storytelling potential - and in an RP with this, especially to me due to my large cast, it's flat-out disrespectful.
I'll stick around for the Z arc, likely will do some things but not much for the Zeliyis arc, but when we're done that I'm going to drop out, taking my characters with me.
Sorry, but the Gaster Extinction Event just isn't something I can respect, much less RP with.

I can agree to this to some respect. How about we come to a middle ground here. Perhaps the ‘killed’ characters would be stored in Gaster’s lab and their information and dna would be scanned and processed for further use, being brought out of the plot for as long as neccisary. Taking them out until gaster is defeated and they are rescued

comic

It makes literally everything they've done before absolutely meaningless with no long-term effects.
basically real life in a nutshell for the modern man.
it's lazy and cuts off gigantic threads of storytelling potential
i mean, there's plenty of rebuttals for this claim, namely exactly what Burble said above. maybe that doesn't apply to you because of your original plans, but you also need to take into account that, while your testing your game ideas here, you could totally make a separate RP to cover certain events that you want to see happen.

Actually, this RP is completely exempt from the canon of the games. Olympus II was an idea created entirely for this RP.
It's more about the characters. It permanently ends their stories when they're meant to continue. Burble is exempt from this due to HeroSquad being his own canon at a point where there's no future plans, but each and every one of my characters have a story to continue, save for maybe Keda.
I still can't agree whatsoever with the concept of the Gaster Extinction Event if there's no bringing it all back. If it's gone for good, that just means a shit ton of stories are ended far before they're finished.
And don't say anything about real life. Stories like this aren't real life, and that's what makes them special.

comic

I can agree to this to some respect. How about we come to a middle ground here. Perhaps the ‘killed’ characters would be stored in Gaster’s lab and their information and dna would be scanned and processed for further use, being brought out of the plot for as long as neccisary. Taking them out until gaster is defeated and they are rescued
honestly, i've been considering an alternative similar to this, actually.
now, i'm painfully aware nobody wants their characters to die. i personally don't want to see Negan go (as he's basically the best my favorite character in this rp).
believe it or not, but my 'Gaster Extinction Event' was almost directly inspired by the World of Light we discussed prior to this. and even then, i argued that the characters could survive, but there would be evil counterparts to them that the cast would have to take down.
back then, everybody seemed mostly chill with the idea of actually killing off many characters (except Eevee) for this scenario, though i was mostly alone in my argument for the characters surviving (though Burble and i think Shen supported me).
so i'm not saying everyone dying is set in stone. coming back to life is an overused trope, but a World of Light, or Extinction Event scenario would honestly be really cool after the whole ordeal with Zeliyis finally comes to a close.
besides, Bog has decided that the end of the Zeliyis conflict will result in the end of this RP. a happy ending for everybody.
those actually interested in either World of Light or Extinction Event plot lines would have to be joining a sequel RP, so Eevee, you could easily finish this RP and not bother with the sequel.

Come to think of it @Eeveechu151 you haven’t been replying very much to this RP. Has your motivation been low?
That and my free time. I have been focusing on other RPs a lot more tbh, like an AU of GG's Sonic fan comic The Murder of Me over Discord and my recently-created Let's Go, Onwards! RP have been consuming most of my creativity, not to mention the Castlevania D&D campaign I'm working on and the plethora of stories I'm writing.

now, i'm painfully aware nobody wants their characters to die. i personally don't want to see Negan go (as he's basically the best my favorite character in this rp).
believe it or not, but my 'Gaster Extinction Event' was almost directly inspired by the World of Light we discussed prior to this. and even then, i argued that the characters could survive, but there would be evil counterparts to them that the cast would have to take down.
back then, everybody seemed mostly chill with the idea of actually killing off many characters (except Eevee) for this scenario, though i was mostly alone in my argument for the characters surviving (though Burble and i think Shen supported me).
so i'm not saying everyone dying is set in stone. coming back to life is an overused trope, but a World of Light, or Extinction Event scenario would honestly be really cool after the whole ordeal with Zeliyis finally comes to a close.
besides, Bog has decided that the end of the Zeliyis conflict will result in the end of this RP. a happy ending for everybody.
those actually interested in either World of Light or Extinction Event plot lines would have to be joining a sequel RP, so Eevee, you could easily finish this RP and not bother with the sequel.
I supported the idea of bringing back the cast as well, just not killing all but one of them off when there's reasons others could survive. And if it is a sequel RP, that works better for me, seeing as my characters would be able to go home and get their conclusions to the current arc of the story.

Actually, this RP is completely exempt from the canon of the games. Olympus II was an idea created entirely for this RP.
It's more about the characters. It permanently ends their stories when they're meant to continue. Burble is exempt from this due to HeroSquad being his own canon at a point where there's no future plans, but each and every one of my characters have a story to continue, save for maybe Keda.
I still can't agree whatsoever with the concept of the Gaster Extinction Event if there's no bringing it all back. If it's gone for good, that just means a shit ton of stories are ended far before they're finished.
And don't say anything about real life. Stories like this aren't real life, and that's what makes them special.

Well, honestly I can do with Perma-killing an Character or two of mine. I need to remove some weight on my shoulder lol. But I think having 3 per player active is more than fair.

That’s why I suggested they be taken out of commission until they can be brought back from gaster’s clutches. But we can perma-kill any OC that we don’t want to use anymore. Sounds like a cool idea, just needs to be carefully done

That and my free time. I have been focusing on other RPs a lot more tbh, like an AU of GG's Sonic fan comic The Murder of Me over Discord and my recently-created Let's Go, Onwards! RP have been consuming most of my creativity, not to mention the Castlevania D&D campaign I'm working on and the plethora of stories I'm writing
Ah I see, that’s quite a bit *whistles* I’m sure @Godjacob can relate to this. Well, this Rp is going strong and your a talented Rper that brings a lot to the table, so if you want to stay I would appreciate that more, especially the dynamic between the three megaman characters we control between us

Yeah... I'm still going to bring Silver, Blaze, Mega Man, Quake Woman, Cooler, Maple and Quill into the RP like I said I would, but they'll be my last characters. Probably. Fairly certain they will be.
...aside from Z's villain army, but they're getting sent away at the end of the Z conflict anyways.

comic

Ah I see, that’s quite a bit *whistles* I’m sure @Godjacob can relate to this. Well, this Rp is going strong and your a talented Rper that brings a lot to the table, so if you want to stay I would appreciate that more, especially the dynamic between the three megaman characters we control between us
speaking of having multiple characters from a franchise...
there's already so many feking undertale characters, lol.
Sans, Papyrus, Gaster, Frisk, and if someone actually claims him, Asgore. honestly, i'm surprised Undyne has been left out thus far.
then i basically control all of the Halo characters except for a single OC Marine. i'm still requesting somebody with good knowledge of Halo Wars 2 take Atriox from me. i already have so many Halo characters already, lol.
unless you want to categorize Marvel characters together, or separate them by universe, we already have a decent amount of Marvel characters,
pretty sure the only DC related character is Excalibur's Catgirl OC.

speaking of having multiple characters from a franchise...
there's already so many feking undertale characters, lol.
Sans, Papyrus, Gaster, Frisk, and if someone actually claims him, Asgore. honestly, i'm surprised Undyne has been left out thus far.
then i basically control all of the Halo characters except for a single OC Marine. i'm still requesting somebody with good knowledge of Halo Wars 2 take Atriox from me. i already have so many Halo characters already, lol.
unless you want to categorize Marvel characters together, or separate them by universe, we already have a decent amount of Marvel characters,
pretty sure the only DC related character is Excalibur's Catgirl OC.
Hahaha if I were to take a halo character it would be YapYap, THE DESTROYER XD. Was always good with him anyhow.

As soon as the first undertale character was introduced, they came-a-flowing. Once the gate was opened there was no going back~

I can't see how you consider this "a lot" of characters from each franchise... We've got, what, four main characters from each of the franchises you listed? Six if you count Logan and Spider-Gwen as Marvel. If it was, say, ten characters from a franchise I'd be inclined to agree but it's pretty tame with the series overlap so far.

comic

Hahaha if I were to take a halo character it would be YapYap, THE DESTROYER XD. Was always good with him anyhow.

As soon as the first undertale character was introduced, they came-a-flowing. Once the gate was opened there was no going back~
LOL
fekin' Yayap. personally, Dadab from the books was my favorite Grunt.
and yeah, originally, it was just Sans.
and like you said, his arrival opened the floodgates.
because then we had Gaster.
and now Papyrus.
and Frisk.
maybe Asgore.
and two more i know of that are planned.
i'm gonna start killing off some more of my characters.

comic

i actually dare somebody here to change their pfp to this majestic masterpiece;
1502480681425.png

LOL
fekin' Yayap. personally, Dadab from the books was my favorite Grunt.
and yeah, originally, it was just Sans.
and like you said, his arrival opened the floodgates.
because then we had Gaster.
and now Papyrus.
and Frisk.
maybe Asgore.
and two more i know of that are planned.
i'm gonna start killing off some more of my characters.
Hahahaha who can forget dadab? Lol. Or flipyap(or yabflip, whoever it was).

Killing off? Ooh boy this will get interesting~

comic

Hahahaha who can forget dadab? Lol. Or flipyap(or yabflip, whoever it was).

Killing off? Ooh boy this will get interesting~
well, Snake is already set to die.
Doomslayer, too.
Master Chief doesn't have a world to go back to once the Halo arc ends, and his story may become irrelevant, possibly leading to his termination.
i've fiddled with the concept of Sans dying, and i may possibly follow through, but since i have Frisk, i think Frisk, Sans and Papyrus deserve a happy ending in this rp.
Gaster is... well, his fate is complicated. i wanna say he can die, but can he really? he would still technically exist in the void, so there's no killing him off unless somebody managed to erase him from the void.
many of my other characters are gonna live, for the most part. namely Rick and Spider-Gwen, who are my favorites.

Honestly I tend to side with Eevee about not liking this whole Perma-death situation. I'm usually against character death in general, not sure if I made that kinda clear in the World of Light scenario, but usually I can tolerate it if it leads to something or provides opportunity for new characters to go in and undo things to be heroes or if I feel that death is a fitting end to that character's tale and can make them go out "properly."

Here it's just like "Thank you all for saving the day, your reward is to all die now. No going home, no resolution just death!"

I am going to comply with it, and will likely be in the sequel story, but I am not happy with it and feel it is a cheap end to many characters I am quite found of. This is the first (And last) I'll mention about that here.

Last edited:

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Honestly I tend to side with Eevee about not liking this whole Perma-death situation. I'm usually against character death in general, not sure if I made that kinda clear in the World of Light scenario, but usually I can tolerate it if it leads to something or provides opportunity for new characters to go in and undo things to be heroes or if I feel that death is a fitting end to that character's tale and can make them go out "properly."

Here it's just like "Thank you all for saving the day, your reward is to all die now. No going home, no resolution just death!"

I am going to comply with it, and will likely be in the sequel story, but I am not happy with it and feel it is a cheap end to many characters I am quite found of. This is the first (And last) I'll mention about that here.
It's not perma-death, it's putting them out of commision until, maybe halfway through the sequel, if not the end of the rp.

I'm working on it. Sorry, Thanksgiving celebration here. I'll try to get it up ASAP.

It's not perma-death, it's putting them out of commision until, maybe halfway through the sequel, if not the end of the rp.

Well, this is infinitely more encouraging and something that should have been led with XD

Still.....picking just three is gonna throw me a pickle. I plan to cut down in non-lethal means my own cast to some degree, we'll see what happens. I might PM an idea or two to you so we can talk about it.

Name: Percy
Universe: Ours
Appearance: Pale Human-Light Blue(Close To White)-Brown Spiky Hair
Armour: Greek/Roman Style Armour
Hero Name: Perseus
Weapon: Large Broadsword-Crossbow
Powers/Capabilities: Elemental Capabilities-Super Speed
Special Power: Elemental Capabilities: Uses Fire, Water, Air, Nature, etc.
Pet(s): 5 Dragons-Arion(Super Fast Horse)

Last edited:

comic

Oof, guess I did go overboard, I'm sorry, I've just been kinda stressed, Comic and I are working something out at the moment, just so that we can agree on something.

Also, on the other hand, If anybody has some last character wishes (If you want one more character), Then post them now, then, there will be no more characters accepted, as well as any other players. I might take Peridot, then, I'll be saving characters for the sequel, so, any last wishes?
sorry bro. we're not accepting any more players.
@The Bog Hog you should change the status of the RP from 'Ask to Join' to 'Private/Closed'.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Name: Percy
Universe: Ours
Appearance: Pale Human-Light Blue(Close To White)-Brown Spiky Hair
Armour: Greek/Roman Style Armour
Hero Name: Perseus
Weapon: Large Broadsword-Crossbow
Powers/Capabilities: Elemental Capabilities-Super Speed
Special Power: Elemental Capabilities: Uses Fire, Water, Air, Nature, etc.
Pet(s): 5 Dragons-Arion(Super Fast Horse)
Thread's closed, I'll tag you in the sequel. But, the universe 'ours', as in this universe we live in has no super-powered humans, nor do we have dragons, so, I'd change that in the sequel.

I'm thinking of switching out Reagan and her arrow summoned allies for Koji Minamoto from Digimon Frontier, as well as sending Alec and his team of Digimon back to their home universe (though he might make a brief reappearance if anyone decides to go to the Digimon X4 universe that I came up with.

I'm thinking of switching out Reagan and her arrow summoned allies for Koji Minamoto from Digimon Frontier, as well as sending Alec and his team of Digimon back to their home universe (though he might make a brief reappearance if anyone decides to go to the Digimon X4 universe that I came up with.
*screeches in digimon fan*

Finally someone Claimed a digimon character XD. What modes you think he’s unlocked? Beowolfmon? Kendo garrurumon?

pretty debatable.
you ever heard of Lord English?
Hm? Who’s he and what’s his powers?

Because there’s an entity in digimon that can literally do anything it wishes by a thought and it happens. Even destroy every universe in existence, create whatever it wants, grow to the size of the universe. Anything it desires just like that. Yeahhh

comic

Hm? Who’s he and what’s his powers?

Because there’s an entity in digimon that can literally do anything it wishes by a thought and it happens. Even destroy every universe in existence, create whatever it wants, grow to the size of the universe. Anything it desires just like that. Yeahhh
Lord English is the biggest antagonist in Homestuck.
according to VS wiki, he's a 1-B tier. High Hyperverse level.
he exists everywhere simultaneously, and is immortal, and invincible. The only way to defeat him is to expose his time paradoxes (as he exists everywhere in time, and everywhere in the hyperverse. before he was born and after his death, he still exists.
'He's already here.')
Lord English is considered to be capable of taking out The Living Tribunal from Marvel comics, and Lord English is able to break the fourth wall, killing Andrew Hussie (the creator of Homestuck) in his own story, and took over the plot, completely rewriting everything for his own amusement.
basically, i imagine this Digimon and Lord English could have a lengthy battle, but Lord English would eventually prevail due to his superior abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.