• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I'll admit I'm a little lost on what's going on in Specter fortress. Is Master Chief's group in the same room as Hiro and the Slayer or are they outside of it, a little ways off? Elec Man heard the noise from the Spider dude above, so are they in some maintenance tunnels or something below the steel casting room or on a lower conveyor belt?

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Okay I'll admit I'm a little lost on what's going on in Specter fortress. Is Master Chief's group in the same room as Hiro and the Slayer or are they outside of it, a little ways off? Elec Man heard the noise from the Spider dude above, so are they in some maintenance tunnels or something below the steel casting room or on a lower conveyor belt?

Master chief’s group is on the conveyor belt that Elecman shut off and climbing it like a staircase to the second floor. Right now, they are almost at the second floor, practically rounding a corner

Mokko

Previously Blatant Mokery
@Shen: Ghost Gym Leader
I was a bit confused about this earlier, but I didn’t ask because I was pretty sure it’d explain itself later on. Is this Rex possibly from an AU? Because he’s acting quite a bit like Joey Wheeler. I don’t have an issue with it, I’m just curious whether your portrayal of him sparks directly from the anime, or from an AU where he wasn’t so rude and antagonist-like to the main cast (because let’s be real here, he wasn’t too friendly to them throughout the series.)

@Shen: Ghost Gym Leader
I was a bit confused about this earlier, but I didn’t ask because I was pretty sure it’d explain itself later on. Is this Rex possibly from an AU? Because he’s acting quite a bit like Joey Wheeler. I don’t have an issue with it, I’m just curious whether your portrayal of him sparks directly from the anime, or from an AU where he wasn’t so rude and antagonist-like to the main cast (because let’s be real here, he wasn’t too friendly to them throughout the series.)
No it’s the anime based Rex. He actually acts this way, and in the anime Rex only acts antagonistic against those he deems as an enemy or someone to fight, like how mai sicked him on on Joey.

Rex and Joey have similar personalities, that’s for sure. Hence how they made such good rivals

even tho Rex was arguably the worst dueler and never managed to beat anybody lol

Well compared to our main characters that literally speak to god and have magical powers XD.

He was a great dueler, except at every turn was either beat by Espa Roba, who blatantly cheated to win, and Joey Wheeler, who usually wins by Plot Armor

Mokko

Well compared to our main characters that literally speak to god and have magical powers XD.

He was a great dueler, except at every turn was either beat by Espa Roba, who blatantly cheated to win, and Joey Wheeler, who usually wins by Plot Armor
I mean, Rex’s strategy is essentially brute force (albeit that’s not a bad way to win), and he’s not good at acknowledging his opponent. After Espa was caught cheating, he did actually prove himself to be a good duelist without his fake ESP.

Rex did also lose to Mai- I will admit that his loss to her on the boat to duelist kingdom was funny.

Mokko

i detect you're being biased towards Rex, who's clearly awful at dueling. Joey was just that great of a dueler.
the only times Rex managed to score a narrow victory was solely for the sake of plot so that he could act cocky and rude even more than usual.
Yeah, Joey’s great. I should clear up that Joey has been stated to be superior to Yugi and Kaiba at dueling, who are essentially the big bois of the game in the anime. Joey didn’t need to be rich or be the grandson of a card shop owner to become a great duelist. Hell, Joey almost beat Marik, the best villain in the series, and would have won if it weren’t for him passing out due to Marik’s shadow game bs.

He did also lose to Mai- I will admit that his loss to her on the boat to duelist kingdom was funny.
Yeahhhh that’s true. Also by cheating. Man Rex losses to cheating all the time lol

i detect you're being biased towards Rex, who's clearly awful at dueling. Joey was just that great of a dueler.
the only times Rex managed to score a narrow victory was solely for the sake of plot so that he could act cocky and rude even more than usual.
Before Yugi, Joey, and kaiba started dueling, he was #2 dueler in Japan. He’s not awful.

debatable. he's still better than weevil, so that's something going for him.
That still makes him a top duelist. Not yugi, or kaiba level, but he was shown to be pretty competent, being a struggle for Joey and never cheating in dueling, unlike weevil. I’d rank him #5 best in japan. And as far as classic yugioh, #10 for all characters

In fact, Rex Raptor was prestigious enough to have a deluxe suite on a boat to duelist kingdom, One of two out of all the duelists, so he proved to be an important duelist to even the creators of the tournament.

Waiting to post Priscilla and Sam until Godjacob does, and I'll bundle in Cecil with it. The police are going to show up right after Priscilla and all skedaddle so there's that :p But don't worry about surrendering to them. They will be dealt with shortly >:D

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Um, Flynn didn't respond to Hiro's question.
"So, um, if you want to avoid possibly being placed in a cup of lava I suggest we find a way out of here."
i couldn't think of any reply from Flynn for this, so i just had him continue, disregarding the question.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Uh the conveyor belt was shut off by Elecman and also, could you not auto the boss?

Also, that wouldn’t clog the gears
well, gotta ruin the fun, don't ya? besides, the boss wasn't necessarily 'autoed'. the end piece of just one of its legs was torn off. that's like clipping a fingernail. you don't think anything of it after.

well, gotta ruin the fun, don't ya? besides, the boss wasn't necessarily 'autoed'. the end piece of just one of its legs was torn off. that's like clipping a fingernail. you don't think anything of it after.
Well that and the gears. I think you assumed a little too much

well, i was left with little knowledge of the gears and their working.
it's only natural to make assumptions about things you don't understand.
of course, this could be avoided in the future, if you would be so kind as to indulge us on the details.
I could have been more detailed I agree, but now that it’s cleared up, would you either edit your post or should I just respond with a fixing post?

Hatred and bigotry?

The dude opened fire on them first. There was no questions. He belittled them, and forced them. You can't convince me that he's a "good guy". His ulterior purpose could be acheived in a far more peaceful way and he immediately goes to brainwashing humanity and violence. Not to mention all the atrocities done to monkies have likely been done to humanity too. By themselves no less!

He's not even a bad guy in the way of "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad." He's just convinced that he's the good guy, but unlike Negan who at least realizes the error of his way at some point, Specter keeps flinging his head at a wall and expects it go good. He's almost a cartoon character. Which given the game he comes from isn't surprising.

Not to mention he's a massive hypocrite. Why should he be offended at people trying to strike back at him when their species is "enslaved"? That's exactly what he's doing. In the end, it seems he's doing this not for his species but because the helmet told him too and he wants to do excercise his power.

Are...are you trying to make us hate him? Because it's working.

Status
Not open for further replies.