• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The man in the large metal suit said the one in charge of this should be at the other end of the city. If we can cut off the fire from above, he can call in backup and secure the city."
"I see, then inform me. I can deal with this threat and allow for back up to arrive. You have my word."
Does Keda have to be more specific...? Because I don't really think I can make him do that with his limited info...

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
@Godjacob

Do you know what flak cannons are? They are anti air cannons that explode without contact on the target. And they were exploding near/almost directly on top of Hiro. They do splash damage to aerial targets, so weaving between them would have been neigh impossible

@Godjacob

Do you know what flak cannons are? They are anti air cannons that explode without contact on the target. And they were exploding near/almost directly on top of Hiro. They do splash damage to aerial targets, so weaving between them would have been neigh impossible

Hm, to answer your question no I did not know the specifics. I suppose I can modify my post and see if my new idea works any better.

Mokko

Previously Blatant Mokery
Sweet, now that Eevee’s post is up, I can finish mine up tommorow. I finally figured out where to place Noah, so that’s also good.

Whether he can or not kinda isn't the point. Doesn't make for an eventful story to have a character be so OP and shrug off any and all obstacles without challenge. There is zero drama or reason to care about this plot then. Even Hiro (A higher tier character IMO) has shown more struggle than the Doomslayer has to this point.

Whether he can or not kinda isn't the point. Doesn't make for an eventful story to have a character be so OP and shrug off any and all obstacles without challenge. There is zero drama or reason to care about this plot then. Even Hiro (A higher tier character IMO) has shown more struggle than the Doomslayer has to this point.
Is both anti climactic as well as against his lore/canon as well

Cosmo’s greatest power is fusing with a giant sentient tree-monster, which won’t help in this RP.
Also, damn! Why can’t we have Frisk live- Wait. I forgot about the plot-conveniencing macguffin Time Stone! We could use it to not only save Frisk but also let Gaster keep the SOUL, so that we can have Frisk’s potential dynamics with the others while giving Gaster what he wants. Would that be fine with you, Comic?

pretty sure other characters have been established like this too.
sorry you don't like the slayer plowing through your defenses.
No, your just taking all the best parts of slayers and mashing them into a Mary Sue of a character, who isn’t phased or even hurt by anything, including molten lava for christ’s Sake. Doesn’t help you said it would take the sun dropping on him to kill him... just so much about this doesn’t settle right

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
No, your just taking all the best parts of slayers and mashing them into a Mary Sue of a character, who isn’t phased or even hurt by anything, including molten lava for christ’s Sake. Doesn’t help you said it would take the sun dropping on him to kill him... just so much about this doesn’t settle right
if you remember, Slayer was hurt twice in this rp. he's not a Mary Sue. stop complaining, i dislike arguing with you because you refuse to understand the other perspective.
i mean, you're the guy who argues that Specter and Time Man would wreck Team Chief (which they can't), so...
also, the Time Stone was introduced? or is it planned? because Frisk coming back could be cool.

mean, you're the guy who argues that Specter and Time Man would wreck Team Chief

That’s a red herring. And I never said that. I just said that Doomslayer couldn’t take on the entirety of his defenses alone. Which is just obsurd to even think that’s possible.

if you remember, Slayer was hurt twice in this rp. he's not a Mary Sue. stop complaining, i dislike arguing with you because you refuse to understand the other perspective.
You simply refuse to change or budge on any issue. And that in itself hurts cooperation and sets a really poor example of what an Rp is supposed to be. It doesn’t make for a fascinating story if you simply shrug off everything and just say it’s your own custom Doomslayer if anyone objects.

Silver has the Time Stone on him. To clarify, this isn't the MCU Time Stone...
82bffd86078f06db0b507bb038d8177a.jpg

It's the yellow one of ^ these ^ Time Stones.

comic

That’s a red herring. And I never said that. I just said that Doomslayer couldn’t take on the entirety of his defenses alone. Which is just obsurd to even think that’s possible.

You simply refuse to change or budge on any issue. And that in itself hurts cooperation and sets a really poor example of what an Rp is supposed to be. It doesn’t make for a fascinating story if you simply shrug off everything and just say it’s your own custom Doomslayer if anyone objects.
you do realize that that's not what makes an rp interesting, right? or at least solely.
in my opinion, an rp with very litte action and more relationship/character/world building is far more interesting. besides, Flynn is set to be dying in time.
for example of my type of rp, Mok and I are currently doing a 2-person Walking Dead rp, in which we focus on mostly everything other than action. it makes for a more interesting story.
anyway, the Time Stone could be... an issue. i'm not opposed to it, but couldn't Silver just simply reverse the effects of any death he witnesses?

Yeah, I've been thinking about that. I do want to use it to save Frisk, so I'll very likely have Silver lose it for the duration of the RP. It's his method of getting to Sonic's time, though, so he'll have to get it back. Perhaps it's taken by Negan when he joins the party? Only those attuned to Chaos energy or something similar can use the Time Stones, so Negan wouldn't be able to use it, and Silver would soon strike out away from Negan. Or we can figure out some other way for him to temporarily lose the Time Stone. I do want to use it to save Frisk, though, but fortunately if Silver witnesses a death in front of him and gets sent to a different world he can't do anything about it, Time Stone or no.

you do realize that that's not what makes an rp interesting, right? or at least solely.
in my opinion, an rp with very litte action and more relationship/character/world building is far more interesting. besides, Flynn is set to be dying in time.
for example of my type of rp, Mok and I are currently doing a 2-person Walking Dead rp, in which we focus on mostly everything other than action. it makes for a more interesting story.
anyway, the Time Stone could be... an issue. i'm not opposed to it, but couldn't Silver just simply reverse the effects of any death he witnesses?

I agree with your point about character interactions and world building being important. It should never be about all fights and they don't make or break good RPs; there is more to it than that and I am all for more chances for that.

But I don't believe this justifies the way Flynn has been handled. Whether he is or is not sue is irrelevant, but he is taking anything possible exciting about this engagement and making it anti-climatic as hell. This attitude to stick it to Shen's character does not make it a better RP.

I'm just not a personal fan of this composite Doomslayer. Heck he sold more for Kale's weak ki blast (That I didn't intend to do that much damage) than Specter's forces which does come off as disrespectful to me.

comic

I agree with your point about character interactions and world building being important. It should never be about all fights and they don't make or break good RPs; there is more to it than that and I am all for more chances for that.

But I don't believe this justifies the way Flynn has been handled. Whether he is or is not sue is irrelevant, but he is taking anything possible exciting about this engagement and making it anti-climatic as hell. This attitude to stick it to Shen's character does not make it a better RP.

I'm just not a personal fan of this composite Doomslayer. Heck he sold more for Kale's weak ki blast (That I didn't intend to do that much damage) than Specter's forces which does come off as disrespectful to me.
Specters forces managed to harm Flynn already. you guys are just upset about his durability, and the magma immunity was the cherry on top.
i understand where the both of you are coming from, but i've already shown off some of his limitations. Specter's first line of defense managed to wound the slayer, but he was able to recover. his time making it to Hiro assured that.
alongside that, this 'boss battle' is kind of a joke. the best boss battles is a 1v1 fight (like Mecha Hiro vs Hiro, that was actually interesting), or a boss who can take out the combined team (like Thanos vs Team Cap and kind of Ironman). or, like earlier, Flynn vs the entirety of the forces (save for Pegasus, who was quickly forgotten).
i'm just saying, this current boss doesn't stand a chance against Team Chief, and to think Flynn should experience fear or urgency is absurd, as he's a powerhouse, and he understands he's a powerhouse.
he has no fears. hell, he conquered hell (heh, see what i did there?).
and just because he's a lower tier than Hiro doesn't make him weaker.
i mean, Chief is a lower tier than Slayer, but his accomplishments are arguably vastly superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.