• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
hey, quick question.
does anybody here actively play Gmod?
Mok and I do, and if anybody would be willing to play with us, that would rad.

...you know... I just realized.
"If you remove that sword and take out King Arthur with it, you shall be known as the worst of knights, slayer of Kings."
"Guess I can't be the hero every time."
Despite preventing Sir Gawain from committing suicide, saving dozens of people from the dungeon, saving Sir Percival's life and allowing Sir Lancelot to live... King Sonic is going to have some pretty damn high LV. You could argue that the King Arthur Sonic killed was only an illusion so it wouldn't count, but... the statement would still hold true, would it not?

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Since I had to change my profile pic, somebody change theirs to this:
eyblxwahd3121.jpg

Personally, I think that while lava shouldn't be an instant-kill for Doomslayer, it shouldn't be no problem either. He could survive in it for probably a few seconds, but it'd definitely hurt like hell.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Personally, I think that while lava shouldn't be an instant-kill for Doomslayer, it shouldn't be no problem either. He could survive in it for probably a few seconds, but it'd definitely hurt like hell.
Yeah. Most likely not insta-kill, because that too would be anti-climactic. I just was it to do enough to make it so Caponek is actually a threat and so doomslayer isn’t immune to all it’s attacks

...you know... I just realized.
"If you remove that sword and take out King Arthur with it, you shall be known as the worst of knights, slayer of Kings."
"Guess I can't be the hero every time."
Despite preventing Sir Gawain from committing suicide, saving dozens of people from the dungeon, saving Sir Percival's life and allowing Sir Lancelot to live... King Sonic is going to have some pretty damn high LV. You could argue that the King Arthur Sonic killed was only an illusion so it wouldn't count, but... the statement would still hold true, would it not?
No.

The enemies that Sonic primarily fought- the knight dudes -are spirits possessing suits of armor. Assuming Caliburn doesn't condemn the souls to eternal damnation, Sonic's got a clean record.
Yeah, this makes sense. The Hunter was able to pry open a section so it should still be susceptible to the lava. Or molten steel in this case.

The enemies that Sonic primarily fought- the knight dudes -are spirits possessing suits of armor. Assuming Caliburn doesn't condemn the souls to eternal damnation, Sonic's got a clean record.
I was talking about King Arthur himself, not the monsters. Which... I guess is kind of the same thing. So that's certainly fair. I just think it'd be a fun idea to have such a true-blooded hero with such inconsistent LV due to his willingness to kill King Arthur for the sake of the people. Since when Sonic accepted the duty of killing the King, he thought he was a real person.

I was talking about King Arthur himself, not the monsters. Which... I guess is kind of the same thing. So that's certainly fair. I just think it'd be a fun idea to have such a true-blooded hero with such inconsistent LV due to his willingness to kill King Arthur for the sake of the people. Since when Sonic accepted the duty of killing the King, he thought he was a real person.
Didn’t he kill a dragon though?

comic

for the record, i made it clear in my post the Doomslayer's visor is his weak point. especially concerning magma, so no lava baths, sadly.

Can't we just go with this? It doesn't make Doomslayer a chump and everyone seems okay with it. It feels like the most reasonable option for all parties and it doesn't take away too much from Doomslayer.

comic

But his armor?
armor is a different material. i mentioned the sun could burn it, but that's not the limit. the current magma isn't hot enough, but it doesn't have to be star temperature to phase him.
and, i doubt flynn would have coolants in his suit, so i'd imagine he's probably burning up inside.

Can't we just go with this? It doesn't make Doomslayer a chump and everyone seems okay with it. It feels like the most reasonable option for all parties and it doesn't take away too much from Doomslayer.

armor is a different material. i mentioned the sun could burn it, but that's not the limit. the current magma isn't hot enough, but it doesn't have to be star temperature to phase him.
and, i doubt flynn would have coolants in his suit, so i'd imagine he's probably burning up inside.
Hmm...okay...but then if there’s no coolant and lava poured onto it like it did, would he still be running around like his is still? I imagine fatigue would also be a factor

comic

Hmm...okay...but then if there’s no coolant and lava poured onto it like it did, would he still be running around like his is still? I imagine fatigue would also be a factor
fatigue comes in later. he's had enough time to gather his strength, and when he was dealing with the external defenses, he obviously had a pretty good stamina, but if and when flynn becomes fatigued, the rest of Team Chief will have already hopped in, if some haven't already.

Nope. They may be monsters but they have souls. He is not scot free. God dang dragon racists.

Also sorry to be that guy Eevee, but could you go back and not have them getting away? I honestly think yall burned through all sixteen, including the trio getting away on foot, and the cops are gonna show up now :p

I know I said go ham with em...but Cecil and his army are going to show soon enough.

fatigue comes in later. he's had enough time to gather his strength, and when he was dealing with the external defenses, he obviously had a pretty good stamina, but if and when flynn becomes fatigued, the rest of Team Chief will have already hopped in, if some haven't already.

So lava isn’t something that he can just ignore and chug through now. As long as that is a thing, I’m good

Mokko

Previously Blatant Mokery
We’re still arguing about the lava?
Sheesh, guys.
Anyhoo, I’ll have my post up tonight, with a delicious mixture of Dagda, Nanashi, and Noah. A dash of Papyrus and a sprinkle of Javier...
Frick now I’m hungry.

Wait so not let them go in trucks? My thinking was car chase to deal with the leader Gwen suspected there was, which allows us to show off Team Nathan's pursuit skills.
I know, but the leader's scared shitless anyways and running away with his tail between his legs. I don't know. If most people think it's a good idea then fine, sure. Do it.

Alright, just wanted to get this out here real quick.

I think it's best if Z's forces or Z himself kills Snake. Why? Because Raiden already hates Sam's guts. He doesn't need a good reason to slice him open. Not to mention, Snake's a war hero, no matter how you paint it. Though we could shrug it off as Samuel being ignorant for his goal and just trying to push Raiden even further into psychosis, and it does make sense that way. I just think a Z fight between Raiden and him would be neat. And other than the fact he's about to execute life on a massive scale, why not just make him more hated in Raiden's eyes?

Honestly, I don't know why Kojima made Raiden a badass cyborg ninja, but I'm not about to let the badass cyborg ninja opportunity go to waste on a less incensed fight.

comic

Alright, just wanted to get this out here real quick.

I think it's best if Z's forces or Z himself kills Snake. Why? Because Raiden already hates Sam's guts. He doesn't need a good reason to slice him open. Not to mention, Snake's a war hero, no matter how you paint it. Though we could shrug it off as Samuel being ignorant for his goal and just trying to push Raiden even further into psychosis, and it does make sense that way. I just think a Z fight between Raiden and him would be neat. And other than the fact he's about to execute life on a massive scale, why not just make him more hated in Raiden's eyes?

Honestly, I don't know why Kojima made Raiden a badass cyborg ninja, but I'm not about to let the badass cyborg ninja opportunity go to waste on a less incensed fight.
i can vouch for this.
i imagine Z might not be very happy with Snake, anyway, since, y'know...
even with Yang's intervention, Snake was the one to free the others, after all.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Previously Battle Legend G.K.
One.
I freaking hate that this website doesn't alert me when this thread is posted upon.
Two.
What the hell have you guys been talking about?
Three.
DID Sonic really kill the first dragon? He cut off its horn, and it flew away.
Four.
Okay, I'm sorry for not posting this earlier. I just want ONE more character, who I'm 100% fine with killing at some point. To be honest, he gets killed all the time. If it's too much trouble, I get it.
The character in question probably isn't that well-known, since he's part of a pretty small franchise. I'm probably not sure if any of you have ever heard of him... it. Anyways, I swear to God, LAST ONE I'M ASKING FOR.

One.
I freaking hate that this website doesn't alert me when this thread is posted upon.
Two.
What the hell have you guys been talking about?
Three.
DID Sonic really kill the first dragon? He cut off its horn, and it flew away.
Four.
Okay, I'm sorry for not posting this earlier. I just want ONE more character, who I'm 100% fine with killing at some point. To be honest, he gets killed all the time. If it's too much trouble, I get it.
The character in question probably isn't that well-known, since he's part of a pretty small franchise. I'm probably not sure if any of you have ever heard of him... it. Anyways, I swear to God, LAST ONE I'M ASKING FOR.
Metal sonic has already been claimed I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.