• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very VERY true lol. But some robots are better than others. Like metal sonic over grounder for example.

True XD

Metal Sonic is objectively better than Sonic in every single area in theory (As in, if they had a Death Battle style fight Metal Sonic wins 10/10 times). And even then, HE continues to fail to best Sonic time after time in actual practical situations. So while Metal is the best thing either of them built even it was a consistent failure in its main purpose.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
True XD

Metal Sonic is objectively better than Sonic in every single area in theory (As in, if they had a Death Battle style fight Metal Sonic wins 10/10 times). And even then, HE continues to fail to best Sonic time after time in actual practical situations. So while Metal is the best thing either of them built even it was a consistent failure in its main purpose.

They made a movie on this actually, and metal seemed to drag sonic through a long and harsh battle, more so than objectively any other robot Eggman created. In actuality though Eggman should have just created more of them and squashed sonic like a bug.

Because Metal Sonic needed more EDGE to be a bigger threat to the heroes XD
*Que infinite edgeiness*

At least he was smart, stealing data on shadow, chaos, and even controlling eggman’s entire army and space navy. Also being able to create Eggman clones. At least then they have metal sonic actual weight in a plot

Oh I know the need for edge. One of my characters is Star Butterfly, the edgiest character to ever edge.
xrzvEgF.gif

At least he was smart, stealing data on shadow, chaos, and even controlling eggman’s entire army and space navy. Also being able to create Eggman clones. At least then they have metal sonic actual weight in a plot

.....of course their are Eggman clones XD

Oh I know the need for edge. One of my characters is Star Butterfly, the edgiest character to ever edge.
Kinda reminds me of how Kou acts XD

.of course their are Eggman clones XD
And shadow clones and chao clones (don’t ask me why). Not quite sure what metal sonic would need Eggman clones for but *shrugs* guess the creators were smoking something

Well... crap.

My WiFi acts retarded for a couple days and then this happens. Sorry for not being able to respond, working on one now... but i got some questions.

@Eeveechu151 i honestly think this whole “New Suit” idea could be an opening for Bleeding Edge and/or Iron Spider. Bleeding Edge would be a good addition without completely overshadowing Yang in the way Hulkbuster would. Sure, it is powerful enough to withstand an Infinity Stone, but it still wouldnt make the others completely useless. I mean, Tony almost lost to Cull Obsidian with Bleeding Edge twice, until Peter and Wong both stepped in.

Also, Marshall will be with Group A when he arrives.

I honestly think Bleeding Edge was inconsistent in IW. Tony almost lost to Cull Obsidian twice in it, only to make Thanos bleed with it later. It went from not that good (only looking powerful) straight to being amazing once they got to Titan. Also, why wouldnt you want Bleeding Edge? It looks the best as well as being more powerful than his normal suit.

Tony almost lost to Cull Obsidian twice in it,

And Cull Obsidian died to Bruce Banner with no experience piloting any suit.

Iron Man's fight got interrupted, he never official lost. Fact is the armor is too powerful for Yang or anyone in Tony's group to stand out in any capacity beyond emotional support. Which is a lame role for a fighter.

Cobra, you just answered your own question. I don't WANT Tony's best armor. I want his best armor that keeps him fully original Iron Man, which is why I went with the Mark XLVII, but I DON'T WANT the Bleeding Edge due to how it would outclass the rest of his team.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
I've got plans for the "New Suit", but it won't be the Bleeding Edge armor or really any armor we've seen in the MCU to date. I DON'T want to have Bleeding Edge Iron Man, I'll be honest.
Also, you've seriously peaked my interest, Eevee. If it's not any from the movies, are you taking an idea from the comics? Like his Superior Iron Man suit? Or are you going to make it an original idea made by you?

.....I need an upgrade idea for Yang XD.

Lucario can stumble on Mega Evolution. Toph is pretty powerful already (And I can have her "discover" lava bending if I really need a boost) but Yang's Super Semblance Form seems lacking compared to the bulk of my major characters.

comic

well, Solid Snake is just a dude with badass training. Nathan and Snake are actually very similar in terms of skills and whatnot.
Logan is the feking Wolverine, but his old, decaying self, so not exactly the best fighter anymore. Toph would be able to take him out easily, too.
Master Chief and Doomslayer are very similar, though Doomslayer is much more powerful and resilient, while Chief is much more intelligent and faster.
Negan is just a dude with sadistic alterior motives. he'll be waking up soon, and i kinda wanna know what the villains are doing. i'm just imagining Vader, Grievous, and Bowser standing around like some disabled NPCs until Negan wakes up, so it'd be cool if they did some stuff.
Sans is my most powerful character, and while i've greatly enhanced his abilities, i've taken some harsh, but informative criticism into account, and decided to tone it down a bit. while his Gaster Blasters will remain the same, his magical abilities will wear him down more quickly. especially teleportation. plus, he's also still extremely easy to kill if one is fast enough.
but in terms of taking on a character like Time Man, the only character of mine that would be able to get around the time manipulation abilities is Sans.

but in terms of taking on a character like Time Man, the only character of mine that would be able to get around the time manipulation abilities is Sans.

So he can nullify/Ignore time manipulation abilities? I don’t recall that being a thing. Even in undertale he was aware of time changes but unable to actually alter time or ignore their effects, aside memory to a sense

comic

i'm referencing his odd blackouts during the genocide fight (which are unconfirmed, so i'm giving the rp Sans an edge here).
also, when he stops times during a pacifist/neutral run to talk to the protagonist about Flowey.
and thirdly, in the true pacifist run, when Flowey takes everyones SOULs, and time is frozen, the sound of Sans freezing time, or doing the blackout in his attacks is heard. there's a TON of unexplained stuff to Undertale, so i'm personally filling in the gaps. it's already evident that sans can manipulate both time and space to an extent. due to this, i'd imagine he'd have an immunity. besides, the dude dies in one hit. pretty lame if someone freezes time and bops his head. so i've given him an immunity to time manipulation, which is already a thing hinted at in the game.

when he stops times during a pacifist/neutral run to talk to the protagonist about Flowey.
He took frisk out to eat. The piano was still playing in the background. Time was flowing. I mean, he never showed resistant to time maniuation effects. He only showed to know of these effects. That just sounds like a WAY too unnecessary power up for sans...which just seems like he has most powerful traits already, he really doesn’t need another one.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
He took frisk out to eat. The piano was still playing in the background. Time was flowing. I mean, he never showed resistant to time maniuation effects. He only showed to know of these effects. That just sounds like a WAY too unnecessary power up for sans...which just seems like he has most powerful traits already, he really doesn’t need another one.
Yeah, I never took it as him stopping time, I just figured that nobody cared about him talking, I tjink we're looking too far into it.

comic

how did you miss... oh, you mean that scene.
no, i'm not talking about dinner at MTT Resort. i'm talking about when Sans takes Frisk to Grillby's. the spotlight falls on them in that scene, and while sans is talking, a different soundtrack plays. not to mention Grillby goes completely still, fire and all, frozen. in time.
it's quite clear Sans has some sort of control over time.

how did you miss... oh, you mean that scene.
no, i'm not talking about dinner at MTT Resort. i'm talking about when Sans takes Frisk to Grillby's. the spotlight falls on them in that scene, and while sans is talking, a different soundtrack plays. not to mention Grillby goes completely still, fire and all, frozen. in time.
it's quite clear Sans has some sort of control over time.
Hm I kinda remember that. But that was theorized to be ‘pocket space’ simiar to actually black void in battles. Where sans is in a pocket dimension with frisk that has a different time flow than standard dimensional plains, not actual time freezing though

So he can nullify/Ignore time manipulation abilities? I don’t recall that being a thing. Even in undertale he was aware of time changes but unable to actually alter time or ignore their effects, aside memory to a sense
Comic is specifically citing his ability, later in the fight, to manipulate the fight (See here, where he cuts around with a quick fade to black) and freeze time for moments, though the only instance we can see is in the Grillby's conversation, where Sans indeed freezes time. All animations stop when the spotlight comes up, which to my knowledge never happens any other time in the game. However, Sans then recalls he was going to ask Frisk something, but forgot.

The "Can Sans freeze time" theory seems to be "Yes, but it seems to have some sort of effect on Sans". I'm going to cite this thread on the subreddit since it seems to be the best discussion on the topic. While I understand what Comic wants to do, make Sans very powerful to compensate for his loss of the RPG format, it's a tricky concept. Because time manipulation is always, always, a tricky thing to balance. A million intense or deadly situation will become worthless, since you can say "He freezed time and moved out of the way". And really, just screw time manipulation in general, it just complicates things (Looking at you, Kingdom Hearts.)

...Also, I would like to thank @Eeveechu151 for some more context of Z. I think it is important to receive as much information on Z so we can see how he operates. The idea of him self-destructing as his final part of his plan is actually quite interesting, though I'd argue he's still operating on flawed logic (If he is "corrupted" by human goals, what stops his creations from being unwittingly "corrupted"?) I guess that just helps him become more of an interesting villain.

comic

Hm I kinda remember that. But that was theorized to be ‘pocket space’ simiar to actually black void in battles. Where sans is in a pocket dimension with frisk that has a different time flow than standard dimensional plains, not actual time freezing though
believe it or not, i haven't heard that theory, and i've heard a ton of theories.
regardless, i'm obviously changing sans up a little bit. if it ever comes to it, i'll add a backstory to him, i guess. this isn't classic sans. it's an alternate version. not like an alternate universe, but rather, an alternate timeline. he's sans, but different.
my sans has a resistance to time manipulation. not a godly resistance, but he can't be frozen in place. not by time or space. (heh, that rhymed)
besides, i mentioned his resistance to an ability like Time Man's a long time ago, many pages ago, actually, and nobody had a problem with it then.

i mentioned his resistance to an ability like Time Man's a long time ago, many pages ago, actually, and nobody had a problem with it then
Except timeman’s entire ability is well time and focuses his power purely on time related abilities (other than his standard weapon) so I wouldn’t imagine sans can just ignore it all. I would be fine if he could speak and notice it happening, and remark about it having happened, but a resistance altogether would just undermine 90% of Timeman’s Power, making sans even more unbalanced if you know what I mean.

comic

Unbalanced against Time Man, yes.
i'm not saying Sans is immune to time at all. i said he's resistant to it. i have no idea what will happen to Sans if someone else manipulates time, so i'm developing Sans' abilities further as the rp goes on, setting his limitations and whatnot.
as for stopping time to dodge an attack, well, that isn't something i think sans would do. i'd personally say that stopping time is a massive drain on Sans' magical abilities, meaning he wouldn't use it that often, while he clearly uses teleportation to simply take his 'shortcuts'.

Unbalanced against Time Man, yes.
i'm not saying Sans is immune to time at all. i said he's resistant to it. i have no idea what will happen to Sans if someone else manipulates time, so i'm developing Sans' abilities further as the rp goes on, setting his limitations and whatnot.
as for stopping time to dodge an attack, well, that isn't something i think sans would do. i'd personally say that stopping time is a massive drain on Sans' magical abilities, meaning he wouldn't use it that often, while he clearly uses teleportation to simply take his 'shortcuts'.
I got an idea. How about since he has a resistance, he gets affected by 50% of all of timeman’s time related abilities. Seems like a good compromise to me. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.