• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...the Hunter is trying to be a diplomat now. Whether that works or not is up to Comic.

But yeah...Sans is getting up there. He's strong, don't get me wrong, but several beings in the Undertale world rival it. Those are Flowey (All of his forms, including the spoilery one) possibly Asgore (He held back during the fight) Undyne the Undying (The only monster who could survive 1 hit from Genocide Frisk/Chara, much less 12 or so) and even Frisk/Chara (Since they are, essentially, one and the same near the end of Genocide...And Frisk at the end of the true end manages to be immune to having their Soul broken. Against the strongest of all monsters. Through pure determination.) Determination that Sans lacks, because Determination is deadly for monsters (While it can be naturally generated, as Undyne shows) and Sans ultimately can't be bothered because for all he knows he'll be reset and it's all for naught in the end. He just wants them to give up. Reset and get his brother and normal life back. Go through a happier time.

Time/Space manipulation, while proven, is a little too much, and I think we can all agree. For Timeman, it's okay, since time manipulation is his only power...but Sans summons giant blasters, summons deadly bones, and is basically the best magic caster in this RP. While I'm not 100% against his manipulation, I can see why people may be a little peeved at it. I don't think anyone means any ill will but they certainly aren't contented by it.

Though I don't run the RP. As I've said, several times. Lettuce calls the shots in the end, and if he says it's okay I can't really be bothered.

Also, shower-thought, Timeman hasn't actually killed anyone except some robots. Robots who may or may not be sentient, but they aren't monsters or humans. Thus...Timeman's EXP is 0. If he has 0 EXP? Sans can't actually hurt him.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
How about Sans doesn't need Time & space resistance cause we are trying to make a fun RP not the adventures of our OP god Sans who only struggles when he doesn't try and is just better than you XD
okay, ouch. you've made it clear for the past week that you don't respect me or my changes to Sans, but i'd appreciate it if you could resort from petty insults.
time and space are funky, yeah, and a bit overpowered, i know this, but that doesn't mean i'm making Sans an 'OP God'. i'm trying to figure out limitations for him without making him a side character. everyone has their 'main', if you will. a character they use and develop the most. for you, i'd say that's Toph. maybe it's not, but that's what i think. for Eevee, i'd say that's Iron Man. again, maybe not, but that's what i get from it. for me, it's Sans, so forgive me for trying to develop him and his powers based on what i already know of him, and building off his potential.

okay, ouch. you've made it clear for the past week that you don't respect me or my changes to Sans, but i'd appreciate it if you could resort from petty insults.
time and space are funky, yeah, and a bit overpowered, i know this, but that doesn't mean i'm making Sans an 'OP God'. i'm trying to figure out limitations for him without making him a side character. everyone has their 'main', if you will. a character they use and develop the most. for you, i'd say that's Toph. maybe it's not, but that's what i think. for Eevee, i'd say that's Iron Man. again, maybe not, but that's what i get from it. for me, it's Sans, so forgive me for trying to develop him and his powers based on what i already know of him, and building off his potential.

I don't mean to insult Sans. I like the character, I just am hesitant on any character that may be too OP at the expense of other characters. I had the same reaction to Thor with Stormbreaker so it is far from just Sans.

I meant no genuine ill will but I do apologize. I could have expressed my concerns better and refrained from such childish commentary.

comic

Those are Flowey (All of his forms, including the spoilery one) possibly Asgore (He held back during the fight) Undyne the Undying (The only monster who could survive 1 hit from Genocide Frisk/Chara, much less 12 or so) and even Frisk/Chara (Since they are, essentially, one and the same near the end of Genocide...And Frisk at the end of the true end manages to be immune to having their Soul broken. Against the strongest of all monsters. Through pure determination.)
actually, Sans has defeated Flowey before. Flowey warns Frisk of Sans, understanding what the skeleton is capable of due to past conflicts in different timelines with him. it's suggested that Sans defeated Omega Flowey, as well. Asriel, of course, is a different story, but Sans has never taken on Asriel Dreemurr, and i doubt he could.
Asgore, i think, could definitely hold out his own against Sans, but his own karma would be against him, giving Sans the edge, despite his massive amount of health.
Undyne could be defeated easily, but Undyne the Undying? yeah, no way is Sans beating that, no matter how many things go in his favor. she's just WAY too op.
and yeah, no argument on Frisk/Chara. they beat everyone.
I don't mean to insult Sans. I like the character, I just am hesitant on any character that may be too OP at the expense of other characters. I had the same reaction to Thor with Stormbreaker so it is far from just Sans.

I meant no genuine ill will but I do apologize. I could have expressed my concerns better and refrained from such childish commentary.
it wasn't really much about sans, it's just that this past week entirely, not before it, but this week, you've been highly... i guess aggressive would be the term i'm looking for? you attack and critique everyone who provides information about a topic or a character, and you aren't very nice about it, either. i know it's not just me and sans, but still, tone it back a notch is what i'm asking.

it wasn't really much about sans, it's just that this past week entirely, not before it, but this week, you've been highly... i guess aggressive would be the term i'm looking for? you attack and critique everyone who provides information about a topic or a character, and you aren't very nice about it, either. i know it's not just me and sans, but still, tone it back a notch is what i'm asking.

I know it is an issue, I can't help but be overly worried and paranoid about things which concern scaling imbalance. You are right, I do need to work on it; I'd blame IRL stress but in the end that is no excuse.

I try to avoid attacking anyone personally when I make my opinions known, if I failed to do that then I am deeply sorry. I will do my best to reign back in the raw emotions.

And I suppose to clarify, my main is technically Hiro. A personal OC. Problem is though Hiro kinda has the side plot this arc...as the labyrinth plot is dominated by Iron Man & Sans' groups. So Toph, one of only a three man group, gets more important screen time for now.

comic

I know it is an issue, I can't help but be overly worried and paranoid about things which concern scaling imbalance. You are right, I do need to work on it; I'd blame IRL stress but in the end that is no excuse.

I try to avoid attacking anyone personally when I make my opinions known, if I failed to do that then I am deeply sorry. I will do my best to reign back in the raw emotions.
it's fine.
critiquing is great, i've been using your complaints to limit Sans, anyway.
it's just how rude you can get. i dunno, i guess you could talk to about any stress you have if that's bothering you. i have experience in the therapy/psychiatry field, so i could provide some advice. or pointers.
but i'm not offended, i was just annoyed at the new snarky comment. now, i'm going to say sorry for seeming like a delicate little flower who got his feelings hurt, because i'm not like that.
so keep critiquing, like i said, i've been taking what you say into account.

comic

Well we got everything settled right? Sans has no time powers in this role play correct?
...nothing was settled.
i'm limiting Sans, yes, but i'm also taking some things from theories. Sans can resist time manipulation. he isn't immune to it, but he can resist it at the cost of using a large portion of his magic.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
...nothing was settled.
i'm limiting Sans, yes, but i'm also taking some things from theories. Sans can resist time manipulation. he isn't immune to it, but he can resist it at the cost of using a large portion of his magic.
So to this proposition I must clarify: to what extent can he resist? And can he attack while resisting?

comic

when time is frozen, he's relatively fine. but if he uses any form of magic, it uses far more magic than it usually would. frozen time will slowly drain his magic, but not to an extent of near-fatigue. attacking while time is frozen will result in him tiring out extremely quickly.

when time is frozen, he's relatively fine. but if he uses any form of magic, it uses far more magic than it usually would. frozen time will slowly drain his magic, but not to an extent of near-fatigue. attacking while time is frozen will result in him tiring out extremely quickly.

So he CAN attack while time is frozen. Hm. Define extremely quickly. Because you said not to the extent of near fatigue, meaning that it won’t really be that tiring, and him being relatively find and unnaffeced isn’t resistance, it’s complete nullification. That’s WAY more than I thought you’d give him as far as a power bonus

comic

what? no. allow me to re-word that.
simply standing around, talking, anything that doesn't include the use of magic doesn't drain his energy very much. not to the point of near-fatigue.
but attacking takes a toll on him while time is frozen will deprive him of his abilities fairly quickly. he could probably hang on for a few minutes at max before succumbing to fatigue.

simply standing around, talking, anything that doesn't include the use of magic doesn't drain his energy very much. not to the point of near-fatigue.
but attacking takes a toll on him while time is frozen will deprive him of his abilities fairly quickly. he could probably hang on for a few minutes at max before succumbing to fatigue.

Well, Hiro can stop time at max with his high drain spell for like...10 seconds? Some small amount I'll gif it when I can. So that's be a non-factor there XD

Hmmm I see. I can see something like this working, but I have one other question. Will his attacks be affected by time? Like bones and the gaster blasters? Because time is frozen, I’m not sure if certain physics would allow some attacks to function. Otherwise though I can kinda see it working out, as timeman can slow time on and off throughout the fight with a low amount of effort (although the more heavy the stoppage, the harder it is to hold and more energy it uses).

comic

i imagine gaster blasters would be slowed, though the beam probably travels close to the speed of light, i'd assume? somewhere there, i compare it to Iron Man's unibeam, so it's definitely not too slow. it probably wouldn't be frozen, and Sans could probably make it move faster at the extent of more energy used. bones, however, would probably be easier.
i don't really plan on Sans using Gaster Blasters that much in the rp, anyway.

i imagine gaster blasters would be slowed, though the beam probably travels close to the speed of light, i'd assume? somewhere there, i compare it to Iron Man's unibeam, so it's definitely not too slow. it probably wouldn't be frozen, and Sans could probably make it move faster at the extent of more energy used. bones, however, would probably be easier.
i don't really plan on Sans using Gaster Blasters that much in the rp, anyway.

Okay, so then I think we worked this out. On the slight chance these two would fight anyway XD. Just like fairness is all. Good thing this is out of the way

Out of curiosity, how many characters do we have that can travel/react to light speed? And do we consider dodging laser beams "light speed."
Jin and Sonic, neither of whom have appeared yet.

Z and Raiden (Maybe) can react at light speed. Not move, react. As in brace or make slight movements to protect themselves.

That's about it.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
believe it or not, i haven't heard that theory, and i've heard a ton of theories.
regardless, i'm obviously changing sans up a little bit. if it ever comes to it, i'll add a backstory to him, i guess. this isn't classic sans. it's an alternate version. not like an alternate universe, but rather, an alternate timeline. he's sans, but different.
my sans has a resistance to time manipulation. not a godly resistance, but he can't be frozen in place. not by time or space. (heh, that rhymed)
besides, i mentioned his resistance to an ability like Time Man's a long time ago, many pages ago, actually, and nobody had a problem with it then.
If you're gonna pull an alternate timeline, Just make it so he's stronger in HP, I get you mean different events happened and it's the same type of Sans though, just an idea to make this seem a tad bit more fair. make pausing time take a 'heavy' toll on him (I use that term loosely), like ten seconds before he starts to get worn out slowly, or just get rid of the ability and give him enough HP to fight for a while to hold out with the B/B+ class characters for a while, and enough to try and calm down/talk to some of the A/A+ characters. ALSO, just a side note, I feel that sans can get attacks ready, like put blasters in place, decide a spot where to put a wall of bones and when time resumes, voila, the blasters charge a bit before firing and the wall of bones comes out, maybe he can just use it to plan or as a getaway if something's firing at him and he's too tired to teleport.

I’d like to mention that Time Man’s abilities are not infalliable. See Elec Man’s ability to disrupt the time slow by LITERALLY JUST STANDING THERE.

Also, you've seriously peaked my interest, Eevee. If it's not any from the movies, are you taking an idea from the comics? Like his Superior Iron Man suit? Or are you going to make it an original idea made by you?
I’m taking inspiration from one of the armors in Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, but for the most part it is an original suit.

.....I need an upgrade idea for Yang XD.

Lucario can stumble on Mega Evolution. Toph is pretty powerful already (And I can have her "discover" lava bending if I really need a boost) but Yang's Super Semblance Form seems lacking compared to the bulk of my major characters.
She can probs get her upgrade at the same time as Tony - they’ll be at the same place in Camelot after all.

Correct, I am making Iron Man my lead character. Later on, though, I plan to give importance to the quartet of Lucina, Robin, Lora and Jin.

comic

If you're gonna pull an alternate timeline, Just make it so he's stronger in HP, I get you mean different events happened and it's the same type of Sans though, just an idea to make this seem a tad bit more fair. make pausing time take a 'heavy' toll on him (I use that term loosely), like ten seconds before he starts to get worn out slowly, or just get rid of the ability and give him enough HP to fight for a while to hold out with the B/B+ class characters for a while, and enough to try and calm down/talk to some of the A/A+ characters. ALSO, just a side note, I feel that sans can get attacks ready, like put blasters in place, decide a spot where to put a wall of bones and when time resumes, voila, the blasters charge a bit before firing and the wall of bones comes out, maybe he can just use it to plan or as a getaway if something's firing at him and he's too tired to teleport.
...Yeah. That's the plan. Sans isn't dumb, so if he sees a situation he can't resolve, he'll pull out and recollect himself. He's pretty big on bein' pals with the others, though, so unless he's somehow put all on his own, I'd imagine he'd have the support of characters he's already bonded a bit with, like Toph and Hughes. Maybe Hiro, I dunno.

It IS an option, but I’d rather not do it. I like making my posts as long as possible, and for that I usually wait for all characters related to mine to reply first.

Can you please wait for a Hiro/Kale reaction first before you post? I'd like them to react to Hunter's action just now before the plot speeds past them. Still stuck in class. AFK.

Status
Not open for further replies.