• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motivations!

Most of my cast want to go back home, I may twist Hiro's into trying to figure our what these crystals are and if they have any connection to the Infinity Rift of his setting (And the man behind causing chaos there). Star's group will be to find people to "rescue" from the various dimensions.

Lucario is the most unclear.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Pro Hero Dekiru has been tagged so many times over the past few days. he hasn't posted since last Saturday, and he was on 7 and a half hours ago. either he just doesn't wanna admit he's done with this rp, or he's forgotten it altogether, despite being tagged multiple times.
maybe we should stop waiting on him, and progress. he's been posting regularly in the roleplay 'My Hero Academia: New Class In Session', or at least his last post was yesterday, and i know for a fact we've tagged him multiple times in the discussion thread here.his last time here in the discussion thread was Tuesday, so even if he hasn't received notifications for the rp or discussion threads, he can definitely see when he's been tagged in something.

In that case, I should ask what information Erza should get from her Soviet captive. And really ask in general what the above ground group should be working towards. Cause the underground group got the direct confrontation with Z and the labyrinth while the rest of the characters don't really have anything to work towards for this arc.

Motivation?

The Hunter has a duty but escaped it. Whether or not he returns to the hunt depends on if he dies or not. He'll return to the Hunter's dream on death, considering it is a great one's domain and is an alternate universe on it's own, and will return to the hunt. If not, maybe he'll find somewhere peaceful, but as a hunter he's going to be pulled back to his duty eventually...

Raiden is 99% going back, though i'd think he might run a campaign against Z in that 1%. Since he might be the only one to be able to take Z in a one on one discounting gods and the such.

HeroSquad people unanimously want to go back. If their city is a hotspot for these multiversal splits they want to be there to protect it. Except Flamebringer. She really just wants to go home.

I think that I need to respond as the Hunter for Doomslayer/Master Chief/Hiro/Kale. And yeah Dekiru just sorta...left. Or maybe he's in the process of a huge catchup post? Beats me. No reason to drop communucation though.

comic

In that case, I should ask what information Erza should get from her Soviet captive. And really ask in general what the above ground group should be working towards. Cause the underground group got the direct confrontation with Z and the labyrinth while the rest of the characters don't really have anything to work towards for this arc.
i guess the conflict with Doomslayer? because i don't think Doomslayer is gonna play nice, so he'll be a problem.

I mean....Doomslayer alone I don't think equates to the Z-level threat. He's a FPS protagonist, who yeah fought demons. But those demons are no more impressive than the aliens Master Chief fights or really obstacles any FPS protagonist deals with.

I believe Hiro alone could give him a run for his money.

comic

I mean....Doomslayer alone I don't think equates to the Z-level threat. He's a FPS protagonist, who yeah fought demons. But those demons are no more impressive than the aliens Master Chief fights or really obstacles any FPS protagonist deals with.

I believe Hiro alone could give him a run for his money.
i'm just saying, a conflict with Doomslayer could be in play to progress the surface plot a bit, while the Underground team confronts Z.

Huh, that didn't take as long as I thought it would.
Plot's happening, people! Z basically just gave the group a massive middle finger in the form of that Mion Generator. In simple terms, it creates a magical overload. Sans and Yang should be feeling the same excruciating, unbearable pain that Shantae is, and Lance has just lost any and all connection to his Lion. Bending isn't considered magic, so Toph is fine, and the rest of our party should be good. That won't stop Peter from getting a MASSIVE blast to the Spider-Sense.

i'm just saying, a conflict with Doomslayer could be in play to progress the surface plot a bit, while the Underground team confronts Z.

Fair enough, though there does seem to be an importance imbalance between the above ground characters and below ground ones.

Huh, that didn't take as long as I thought it would.
Plot's happening, people! Z basically just gave the group a massive middle finger in the form of that Mion Generator. In simple terms, it creates a magical overload. Sans and Yang should be feeling the same excruciating, unbearable pain that Shantae is, and Lance has just lost any and all connection to his Lion. Bending isn't considered magic, so Toph is fine, and the rest of our party should be good. That won't stop Peter from getting a MASSIVE blast to the Spider-Sense.

I mean...Yang doesn't use magic? And how would Toph's seismic sense perceive it?

Yang has both a semblance and an aura, which functionally counts as magic being a biological part of her and all the humans from Remnant.
And shit, I didn't think of how Toph would perceive it. How does her seismic sense work again, exactly?

Yang has both a semblance and an aura, which functionally counts as magic being a biological part of her and all the humans from Remnant.
And shit, I didn't think of how Toph would perceive it. How does her seismic sense work again, exactly?

What makes Yang's semblance the same as magic? Or different than say Meta Human abilities?

Basically any movements or vibrations made by something moving along the ground. Such as ants on an ant hill.

Here's a video to help explain it.

comic

are they supposed to experience pain? how does this thing work? i thought it was supposed to separate a magic user from their magic?

It separates a magic user from their magic, but if their magic is biologically a part of them - say Sans because all monsters have magic and Shantae because she's a half-genie - then it causes a magical overload and great pain.
Would Toph be able to detect a flood of particles smaller than atoms?
And for metahumans it's debatable, I'd say for someone that gains magical abilities like Medusa of the Inhumans it'd affect them the same but for someone that just got their physical biology modified a bit like Peter it'd be fine. Yang's Semblance and Aura are basically magic, so the Mion Generator would affect her and anyone from the RWBY series really.

Would Toph be able to detect a flood of particles smaller than atoms?

Well, if Spider-Man can perceive it (When he'd be in no direct danger. Which is the only way Spider-Sense works) then I see no reason why Toph would not be able to feel something along the ground. It can be vague, she might not have the best feel for it but probably she'd pick up something.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Well, if Spider-Man can perceive it (When he'd be in no direct danger. Which is the only way Spider-Sense works) then I see no reason why Toph would not be able to feel something along the ground. It can be vague, she might not have the best feel for it but probably she'd pick up something.
Huh. I didn’t know her sensing worked that way. I thought it sensed solid objects

Ah. For the Soviet, he knows it's Marseille, France, 2172, but that's common knowledge as far as he's concerned. The Soviets are currently led by a group called the Red Star, who reside back in Russia. Their objective is to hold Marseille against the NAC, which has been raiding the city in an attempt to take it back for several weeks now.

Ah. For the Soviet, he knows it's Marseille, France, 2172, but that's common knowledge as far as he's concerned. The Soviets are currently led by a group called the Red Star, who reside back in Russia. Their objective is to hold Marseille against the NAC, which has been raiding the city in an attempt to take it back for several weeks now.

Thanks man :)

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist

That’s some juicy knowledge, so they already conquered France. (They probably surrendered before the first gun shot lol) hm. Wonder what role they have to play in this entire Z plot line.

Also would you rather Timeman and cutman fight here for the crystal, fight outside it, both get warped, etc. how would you want to go about it?

That involves going into the entirety of the Project X Series timeline...
I'll give the basic outlines relative to Marseilles. Prior to 2131, Marseilles and the rest of France served as a haven for the NAC, providing them both a front against the Soviets and a way to dock their ships on the mainland of Europe safely. However, the Soviet Union placed men inside of France, eventually leading in an uprising all throughout the country. France and the NAC fought back, but Paris fell, and the rest of France soon after. The NAC occupation is the source of those tunnels Team Nathan was in (not the Labyzinth, that's Z's creation). The NAC has been enacting Operation Fleur-de-Lis for two years now, a major operation to take back France. The current step is pushing the Soviets out of Marseilles, as the city's a crucial intersection and control point. The Soviets know how important Marseilles is, which is why one of its largest encampments was there.
I say was because Doomslayer.

We COULD say they had more soldiers getting prepared in the meantime and that reinforcements are on the way. The NAC is mostly intact as well. I could have Micheal, one of Nathan's old war buddies, meet up with the main gang and get their help.

Status
Not open for further replies.