• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Hmmm comic interesting tactic. But I would think it would be harder to find another generator in a nearby building when specter knows of your location. I think he would be able to
Destroy building before you could make your way up to them

Hmmm comic interesting tactic. But I would think it would be harder to find another generator in a nearby building when specter knows of your location. I think he would be able to
Destroy building before you could make your way up to them
How would he have their signal? They aren't passively emitting one like the screen would have, and the screen got obliterated. He would have their general area, but honestly the rest of them could butcher the drones faster than he could produce them, and that's considering if Specter is even is making more on the ship...which I doubt. So the only reason they'd fail is if Specter had the resources and ability to raze the block with plasma...which I also doubt.

I think I understand why I don't like Specter's presence but am a little warmer to Z. Z had buildup. People to talk him up. People who we could see obviously didn't like him and gave good reason for labeling him as a threat. Z's not just plopping down entire army bases at once. Z's plan is an actual plan, not a viking-like conquest.

Specter showed up out of nowhere. Literally nowhere. He started taking over bases, turning people into mindless drones, and built his own military base under the span of 15-ish minutes. The characters don't see him as a threat, nor do we, because we don't have any reason to. With no one to give us context to Specter's evil antics and basically no buildup aside from coming down from the sky and making his empire like he was in one of those mobile games you always get adverts for. He was too sudden, and he could've been done a lot better. Timeman was executed better since, y'know, he's not being a huge threat. He is still a threat, but we see him being ruthless, generally evil. But Specter just moseyed on down and was like "hey guys im taking over lol". Alright rant over.
Ok, If I were to introduce another character or two, where should I put them?
Eh, hold off on them. Most of the plots are bloated enough as is. We don't need a ton more right now.

How would he have their signal? They aren't passively emitting one like the screen would have, and the screen got obliterated. He would have their general area, but honestly the rest of them could butcher the drones faster than he could produce them, and that's considering if Specter is even is making more on the ship...which I doubt. So the only reason they'd fail is if Specter had the resources and ability to raze the block with plasma...which I also doubt.
Actually, he traced the IP address of the computer itself, hence why he was buying time with his announcement with them. As far as drones, he technically is building them in his ship, but at a very slow rate. Hence the facility he is trying to make. As far as raising the block? Well that’s in most ship’s capabilities, not just specter’s.

I think I understand why I don't like Specter's presence but am a little warmer to Z. Z had buildup. People to talk him up. People who we could see obviously didn't like him and gave good reason for labeling him as a threat. Z's not just plopping down entire army bases at once. Z's plan is an actual plan, not a viking-like conquest.

Specter showed up out of nowhere. Literally nowhere. He started taking over bases, turning people into mindless drones, and built his own military base under the span of 15-ish minutes. The characters don't see him as a threat, nor do we, because we don't have any reason to. With no one to give us context to Specter's evil antics and basically no buildup aside from coming down from the sky and making his empire like he was in one of those mobile games you always get adverts for. He was too sudden, and he could've been done a lot better. Timeman was executed better since, y'know, he's not being a huge threat. He is still a threat, but we see him being ruthless, generally evil. But Specter just moseyed on down and was like "hey guys im taking over lol". Alright rant over.
Well actually specter’s entire deal, even in the games is to do his take over rather rapidly. Most of his technological marvels were built in a very small amount of time. And specter isn’t a main villain like z, just a villain. He made a ‘brotherhood of steel’ type entrance, where he asserted himself into the forefront. I honestly think the bluntless is rather satisfying, as not all are twisted plan is multiple layers like Azula, negan, or Z.

as not all are twisted plan is multiple layers like Azula, negan, or Z.

Azula: Hey, I haven't even done anything yet. Isn't punishment supposed to come after the crime?

Um, your people in Ozai's reign just burned people who disagreed with them or challenged them to duels. Or both.

Azula: .....no Fire Nation customs or laws have been violated yet. Important difference.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Of course I am! Ruby is here, Yang is here. You can't spell RWBY without the W and B. We need the full team.
Yeah, and I'm adding just two (Maybe just one) characters, like you, I have one of the least amount of characters, and I can understand that it's getting annoying having more characters to keep count of, We have like 20 characters as of now, these are gonna be the last (Probably, I've had ideas of taking Goblin Slayer, so I might add them soon, maybe not) characters I'll choose.

Yeah, and I'm adding just two (Maybe just one) characters, like you, I have one of the least amount of characters, and I can understand that it's getting annoying having more characters to keep count of, We have like 20 characters as of now, these are gonna be the last (Probably, I've had ideas of taking Goblin Slayer, so I might add them soon, maybe not) characters I'll choose.

Goblin Slayer eh? Was worried we were lacking some edge on this roster XD

Go for it now, but given his gimmick unless we make every enemy a goblin won't he just not care? (If I understand correctly.)

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Goblin Slayer eh? Was worried we were lacking some edge on this roster XD

Go for it now, but given his gimmick unless we make every enemy a goblin won't he just not care? (If I understand correctly.)
For the sake of goblin slaying... and normal slaying, I'll add a few little changes.

For the sake of goblin slaying... and normal slaying, I'll add a few little changes.

Interested to see where you take this character. Even if he and his series falls under the #Tooedgyforme banner he could be quite fun and if nothing else I admire the dedication to his cause.
40b.jpg

Look let's just focus on the building for now and worry about "who'd beat who" another time.

Fun fact though, my current chapter of Hiro's story has Hiro (Who lost his Keyblade after charging in blindly against the main villain and getting his ass kicked) having just finished getting beat by Sonic the Hedgehog in an encounter (The Infinity Realm features worlds of Smash charters among others) and now Sonic is coaching him on how to deal with faster characters while Amy is trying to help talk Hiro out of his emotional slump given his failure.
...I am spontaneously ten times more intrigued in Kingdom Hearts. WHERE CAN I READ THIS?!
Also, I wonder what Hiro’s reaction will be to King Sonic? It’s a pity they can’t meet up in Camelot, otherwise I’d have him meet Nimue as well.
No idea. But I can introduce Blake & Weiss with them to make up a smaller group before they join one of the main plots.
Well that could happen. I was going to suggest putting Blake and Weiss into Team Nathan or Team Hiro when one of their plots comes to a halt, but I guess that means Lettuce’s characters are headed to Fenrir Far East Branch as well.

There seemed to be power emissions like he never seen, and the looks as if a tail had been there once. If he didn’t know better...he would have assumed she were part ape.

I get what you are going for here, and I am possibly willing to explore this given it is an AU RP, but the Saiyans of Universe 6 in canon never had tails. This feature is one of the key differences between them and Universe 7 Saiyans.

I get what you are going for here, and I am possibly willing to explore this given it is an AU RP, but the Saiyans of Universe 6 in canon never had tails. This feature is one of the key differences between them and Universe 7 Saiyans.
Hmmm I didn’t know this. Perhaps scanning genetic makeup signifying they used to have them at some point?

Hmmm I didn’t know this. Perhaps scanning genetic makeup signifying they used to have them at some point?

Like I said, we can change it details for this RP. You can just say that the genetic or bone structure make up is different to humans. But evolving past tails does fit the canon theme so that seems plausible enough.

Caulifla: Hey! How dare you scan my protegee like this without her consent!

Like I said, we can change it details for this RP. You can just say that the genetic or bone structure make up is different to humans. But evolving past tails does fit the canon theme so that seems plausible enough.

Caulifla: Hey! How dare you scan my protegee like this without her consent!

Okay that works

Specter: I-I didn’t think she was part simian. My apologies miss!

...are we still waiting on Cloud? because at this point, just throw all of her characters into a pocket dimension and out of the plot so we can actually progress.
@StormingCobra55 dude, why no reply!?

I already have a plan to have Lucario use Aura to light up his crystal and they (Excalibur's characters on the Black Lion and Thor & Rocket) can warp to....whatever world or setting @Eeveechu151 thinks is fitting when the general cast jumps.

This is a doozy.
In the year 1996, a wealthy individual by the name of Gerin Redmont founded himself a small company- Gerin’s Technology Laboratories. Alongside his then fledgling son, Othello Redmont, then 16 years old, and fellow accomplice Chase Comma, the company originally worked on medical products. However, they soon expanded horizons- experimenting with many different ins and outs. They held on to medical products as a way to keep themselves up, until in 2002, they netted a major deal with the US Government. Originally for medical supplies, they were also contracted for developing weapons- however, Tallow Industries still held the main production of weapons for the Government.

An odd project they supported was Brygenwyld Space Time Theoretical, located in Byrgenwyld Illinois. The facility was built off the idea of “other dimensions” and the ability to “bend” space and time to access said dimensions. Granted, these were abstract and untouched ideas. But Gerintech saw potential behind it. Meanwhile, tensions stirred in Gerintech’s higher ups, particularly between Gerin and Comma. In the founding of the company, Comma had been 25, a good 20 years younger than Gerin himself. This gap made Gerin believe that Comma could easily be replaced by someone in a similar work group- essentially disposable. Eventually Comma was fired, after he put too much time on a “personal project”: The Frame systems.

However, 2009 marked a terrible occasion. With their support from Gerin Technology, they managed to create a “Breacher”. The Breacher would allow them to traverse into a second dimension. Unfortunately, it’s final design demanded too much power- and despite warnings that it would fail with it’s current power supply, the majority there decided to launch it anyways.

The breach did open, but not to the dimension it should’ve. Instead, it opened to what is now referred to as a “fold”. Without sufficient power the breach did not reach that theoretical dimension but rather what lay between that dimension and the facility. That being the one where something known as “The Anomaly” or “The Presence” existed.

The Presence is almost indescribable. It’s flesh is a grey shade, it’s body complimented by almost human like eyes covering many of it’s surfaces. Slices on it’s flesh seemingly just regenerated, and the only thing that stopped it was firebombing it after a town wide evacuation.

The hero responsible for keeping it down was a simple police officer in the town, who seemed to possess powers to rival the presence- super strength and nigh-invincibility in his own right. He even managed to survive the blanket bombing that wiped the town off the map, though he disappeared some time after.

The fallout from the incident caused the US Government to cut ties with Gerin Technology, declaring to no longer sign contracts with the company for the next five years. It also got space-time mettling completely outlawed. Gerin Technology went through a low point here.

It wasn’t until 2015 when luck turned around for them, but not necessarily the rest of the world. 2015 marks the year of the War of 2015. This war was thanks to superpowered extremists- a subsect of humanity determined to be around 4%. They are still human but possess abilities that are far from it. It’s seemingly caused by a rare genetic “disease” that could lay dormant for a long time or show early at young years.

In any case, superpowered individuals were feared- and for good reason, given what had been shown by a singular one at the Byrgenwyld incident.

The superhero extremist group “Superior” had initiated several acts of terror in Czechia, Slovakia, Austria, and Poland. And by acts of terror, basically initiated a privatized war with a militia (mostly) backed up by superpowered individuals. Soon enough, surrounding countries got involved- and after that, they called upon their allies. The war didn’t last long, and was much less a war than several acts of organized violence. Still, it left a lasting impact on the people and a certain doctor.

During this time, Doctor Comma joined the war as a medic- seeing it best fit if he contributed and got some pension. To his surprise, Gerin Technology had taken his designs for Frames and mass produced cheap replicas. The very thing he had been fired for making was taken and used to bounce Gerin Technology back. There wasn’t much he could do- out of the states and taking shady jobs in the background didn’t really help him. He just let his anger fester.

These events basically doomed most “Super hero” media and just helped fear-monger, which may of been what Superior was trying to do in the first place.

Gerin Technology jumped back, but in 2017, Gerin was mysteriously...murdered. Not in any normal way either. Electrocuted, multiple stab wounds, internal bleeding, broken bones- really awful. His son Othello, in the absence of his father, took on the title of new CEO, renaming the company to GerinTech (To give his own spin on it yet not forget the man who established it.) GerinTech continued to thrive as military researchers. Othello Redmont eventually bore a son of his own, Kiran. Unfortunately, his wife soon died of complications after Kiran’s birth.

Meanwhile, Comma’s anger brewed and his pockets only grew deeper, though it wasn’t until 2031 these plans came to fruition. And unfortunately for him, a certain squad by that point had formed…

Tl;dr Gerin technology is formed, funds timespace project. Timespace project goes to shit. Lose millions on cleanup, lose contract with government. Steal design from a fired employee, gain contract back. CEO of Gerin technology is murdered, new CEO is his son. Renames company GerinTech. Son has son of his own, wife dies. Fired employee is pissed and does something bad to company like twenty years later. Is stopped by Herosquad.

I’ll extrapolate more on their adventures too if necessary.
Yup, this was a long time coming. I'll make up a master post containing all the profiles, lore, and whatever else is needed for this world we are going to. And it's a little weird and choppy in places, but I will gladly fix parts that need fixing or give you all more info if needed.

Tl;dr version plz.
Look at the bottom.

But here you go.

"Tl;dr Gerin technology is formed, funds timespace project. Timespace project goes to shit. Lose millions on cleanup, lose contract with government. Steal design from a fired employee, gain contract back. CEO of Gerin technology is murdered, new CEO is his son. Renames company GerinTech. Son has son of his own, wife dies. Fired employee is pissed and does something bad to company like twenty years later. Is stopped by Herosquad."

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Look at the bottom.

But here you go.

"Tl;dr Gerin technology is formed, funds timespace project. Timespace project goes to shit. Lose millions on cleanup, lose contract with government. Steal design from a fired employee, gain contract back. CEO of Gerin technology is murdered, new CEO is his son. Renames company GerinTech. Son has son of his own, wife dies. Fired employee is pissed and does something bad to company like twenty years later. Is stopped by Herosquad."
Thank, didn't see the bottom, sorry.

So.
I just beat Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Torna: The Golden Country.
MY HEART.
HELP ME PICK UP THE PIECES, PLEASE.
Lora would do it.
But, uh, she can't.
Cause she's dead.
Jin would, but he's busy being designed by tetsuya nomura

Anyways, with my lore post out of the way, I put up another post that I should've did last night. I do think my interest in the RP is waning a bit. Not to say I'm bored, but it does seem like things are kinda standstill-ish at the moment. At least with Cloud's characters put on a bus for the time being, hopefully we start getting into things soon enough, with the Z Plan at it's apex. Then Team Hiro has a monkey to deal with, while the cartoons and some anime nerds deal with communism.

...you...
...you know about Xenoblade 2...?

Lora: Wait, I die?!
Jin: Touch her and there won't be enough of you to pick up the pieces. Also who's Tetsuya Nomura?
You... wouldn't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.