• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
here's my thoughts on a World of Light scenario.
ALL of our characters don't make it.
because of this, we each get 1 or 2 characters, i'd personally vote against any more than that, and these new characters (not op, too) would have to be the ones going up against the others.
we'd get a fresh new cast as our old cast becomes corrupted entirely.

because of this, we each get 1 or 2 characters, i'd personally vote against any more than that, and these new characters (not op, too) would have to be the ones going up against the others.

But...I kinda like some of my cast. Killing them off like this feels anti-climatic.

comic

But...I kinda like some of my cast. Killing them off like this feels anti-climatic.
World of Light isn't killing off the characters. it creates corrupted versions of them.
Mario wasn't killed off in the trailer. he also wasn't a trophy. he was in some sort of stasis as a clone of him was made.
he's not dead. meaning our characters wouldn't be dead. they could be saved by the new cast as they fight the corrupted versions.
honestly, i think it's a brilliant idea.

EDIT: Re-watching it, yeah, he was a trophy. but that doesn't mean we'll kill our characters though. a stasis is a good way to do that.

World of Light isn't killing off the characters. it creates corrupted versions of them.
Mario wasn't killed off in the trailer. he also wasn't a trophy. he was in some sort of stasis as a clone of him was made.
he's not dead. meaning our characters wouldn't be dead. they could be saved by the new cast as they fight the corrupted versions.
honestly, i think it's a brilliant idea.

EDIT: Re-watching it, yeah, he was a trophy. but that doesn't mean we'll kill our characters though. a stasis is a good way to do that.

I mean, being trophied in Smash is the equivalent to dying.

comic

I mean, being trophied in Smash is the equivalent to dying.
yes, i'm aware.
but that doesn't mean we can't find an alternative to death.
we can do a World of Light plot line without having to kill off any of our characters. rather than disintegrating the characters, it... i dunno, teleports them? somewhere. there, they're put in a stasis as corrupted clones of them are created.
this obviously isn't the canonical World of Light, so we can alter it.

comic

if we do actually do a World of Light scenario, then that will be my only motivation to keep Sans alive.

more on why we should create a new cast. we've been with these characters for a while, and we'll be with them longer until this potential plot line. we'll have them for so long, especially our first characters. Having an entirely new cast would definitely be interesting as we get to each individual character from the old cast and save them.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Only issue is that it makes that specific OC seem like a chosen one compared to the others who would be put out of action.
Basically I imagine the rules being:
• the most likely to avoid such an attack in the first place.
•if not, the most likely to get to someone that can.

That way they don’t seem ‘chosen’

So....one of the S-Class characters? Basically Sonic if he doesn't try to save someone this time.
Not neccicarily. As without bifrost (since this is post Asgard...ahem...you know) Thor wouldn’t be able to escape. And sonic would most likely befall his same fate in smash bros.

comic

i still think no character should make it. why? because that would make it even for everyone, as well as preventing arguments like; "Oh well, he would make it because of this", then; "Oh well, I disagree because of this", and so on, so on.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Alright, So we're possibly doing a vote for the sequel, I assume that at the end of the rp, maybe like a marvel post credit scene, we have the characters taken? Maybe the god pulls off the whole 'dust ray' thing?

comic

For the record @Comic did you ever make the edit to have Negan react to Azula also offering her services and wanting the join the group?
i re-read my post, and decided i didn't need to make an edit. Negan is more concerned about Sam at the moment. not that Negan is overlooking Azula, but i'll cover more of their interactions in my next post.

comic

Alright, So we're possibly doing a vote for the sequel, I assume that at the end of the rp, maybe like a marvel post credit scene, we have the characters taken? Maybe the god pulls off the whole 'dust ray' thing?
as a post credit thing? hm... i dunno.
honestly, i think the dust ray thing should be the finale. a potential post credit scene would be either the new characters entering the scene, or the surviving characters preparing for what comes next. that bit depends on how the vote goes.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
as a post credit thing? hm... i dunno.
honestly, i think the dust ray thing should be the finale. a potential post credit scene would be either the new characters entering the scene, or the surviving characters preparing for what comes next. that bit depends on how the vote goes.
True, and, btw, it warms my heart to know we're planning for a sequel.

comic

i don't intend on adding any more characters to my roster for the rest of this RP. if we do a sequel, that's a whole other ball game.
Sans - Undertale [ACTIVE]
Solid Snake - Metal Gear [ACTIVE]
Logan - X-Men [ACTIVE]
Negan - The Walking Dead (Symbiote-Bonded) [ACTIVE]
Master Chief - Halo [ACTIVE]
Doomslayer - Doom [ACTIVE]
Rick Sanchez - Rick and Morty [AWOL]
Morty Smith - Rick and Morty [AWOL]
Summer Smith - Rick and Morty [AWOL]
??? - ??? [INACTIVE]
Artemis - Greek Mythos [INACTIVE]
Kratos - God of War [INACTIVE]
Dirk Strider - Homestuck [INACTIVE]
Cortana - Halo [INACTIVE]
Gravemind - Halo [INACTIVE]
Spider-Gwen - Marvel [INACTIVE]
??? - ??? [INACTIVE]
Rick Grimes - The Walking Dead [INACTIVE]

Last edited:
Wait we're doing a World of Light thing for real?

....do I have anyone who actually lives? How many people have one who can honestly live?
I was planning for King Sonic to quickly grab two members of Team REBY and jet, looking for a Genesis Portal to hopefully escape - which he would. I’d like to keep Ruby and Sonic alive, because I need to know how Ruby would react to these events, but the escape effort would likely leave Sonic unconscious. Maybe I’d have him bring Weiss as the other team member for the sake of White Rose. Also Corrupted Yang.
I don’t agree with this, since I personally really like my cast. Some of the characters I have would be able to survive. But if you guys want new casts, I won’t stop you.
So....one of the S-Class characters? Basically Sonic if he doesn't try to save someone this time.
I mean... see the above about that last part because King Sonic’s going to act faster this time. Aside from them and Silver, though, my cast is likely gone entirely. The Robot Masters would have no way to survive, even if Time Man could help the others escape until he himself gets destroyed. Even with the new suit I plan to give him, Stark’s done for. Keda, sadly, would be going as well - likely in a last-ditch effort to defend the character I plan to have him become best friends with during the RP, Erza. Shantae and Nathan COULD survive if Maple pulled them out of there in time, but they’d still be out of commission for a while. X and Y are gone. Cooler’s gone. Lucina, Chrom, Robin, Sumia, Lora, Jin? Sorry guys, no chance. Jin COULD escape if it was post-Torna Jin, but the version of Jin I’m using isn’t a Flesh Eater. Had I used that version, I couldn’t use Lora. Z will likely be already gone by that point. And Blaze will be the one telling Silver to go before she gets taken down herself, Burning Blaze or no she wouldn’t be able to escape. ...I think that’s all of my cast?

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
I don’t agree with this, since I personally really like my cast. Some of the characters I have would be able to survive. But if you guys want new casts, I won’t stop you.
I feel like this too, I just didn't know what to say, but, maybe we will keep one character from each player's cast if we win the vote.

I'm keeping at least Silver alive, and I've already cited why I think Shantae, Nathan, Sonic and Ruby would survive - the former three of those four would be taken out of commission for a while due to circumstances, however.

Honestly I'm in the camp of no one survives.

Or we don't do a super anticlimatic ending like that. I mean, all of this for a sudden sequel? Damn. I'd hate that. We overcome Z, we deaft Zerry's army, we overcome Zerry- and then we get blasted into tomorrow? Boooo. If you want to set up a hook of sorts- like "A dark force rises in the depths of the omniverse" or something, alright, yeah. But everyone dying just seems boring. World of Light was a beginning, not an end. Because it shouldn't be.

comic

well, then that basically decides the vote, since it was already unfair with me vs Jacob and Shen. Lettuce and Eevee added to the opposing idea just mean that our own casts will not be temporarily discarded, even if Burble sides with my idea.
and if it's all the same with you guys, i just don't think anybody should survive. obviously we can find ways to bring them back, but when this event happens (and at this rate, it pretty much will), we're just gonna have our power houses remaining. that makes the plot feel... significantly less important, if you ask me. like, take this into account. i added Rick Grimes to my cast.
Corrupted Rick Grimes vs King Sonic. the winner is obvious, because Sonic can literally do anything because rules have never applied to him. the winner? Rick Gr- King Sonic. that's a no-brainer. now, we could make the argument that their corrupted selves could be far more powerful than their regular selves. so what is King Sonic going to do against a corrupted enhanced Dirk Strider, who could probably already match the pride and joy of Sega in terms of speed, durability, stamina, and strength (not taking into account the fact that Dirk can literally destroy one's soul). maybe we can find ways to work around this, i dunno. we're not at that point yet, but the only argument you guys continue to have towards keeping your characters alive apart from instantaneous convenience and Sonic characters is the fact that you like your cast and don't wish them to perish.
i feel the same. especially with the addition of Spider-Gwen to my cast, i would hate to see them go, which is exactly why i proposed the idea that when this death ray attacks the cast, it doesn't kill them. i know. crazy idea.
instead of killing them, it could essentially act as a teleportation machine, collecting our characters, putting them into a stasis, and making clones of them.
Kirby only survived in that trailer because of convenience and Sakurai bias (as he really loves his other series). Kirby can move at the speed of light on his warp star, sure (though that feat isn't even canon, so...). but so can feking beams of light. just after taking care of the heroes, the light took over, at the very least, the entire planet, solar system, or galaxy within a matter of seconds. as stupidly OP as Sonic characters are, none would be surviving something like this. teleportation may save you? but not in Sans' case. you'd need to go to a whole other dimension to spare yourself. and even then, would the cast have enough time to do this. doubtful.
so, in conclusion to my rant, i'd just like you all to consider this. temporarily, and please pay attention to that word. temporarily disposing of our main cast in favor of a brand new one, free of any Archie Comics related character. please please please no more of them.

I said that Thor may get annihilated by the beams just to take him out of commission and give others the spotlight. Never said I’m taking Stormbreaker away. Although the Corrupted Thor would not be able to wield it, as he is not worthy.

If we do one character for each + new cast, Peter would probably be my surviving character. His Spider-Sense could keep him alive long enough to hitch a ride with someone else.

Rex oddly enough seems like a character of mind most likely to avoid it xD.

Timeman possibly can, being able to phase int a slip in time. Maybe.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Hum...I am in the camp that says it either has to be all or nothing. Cause it would be unfair to other RPers if some characters survive while everyone else kicks the bucket.

Or we don't do a super anticlimatic ending like that. I mean, all of this for a sudden sequel? Damn. I'd hate that. We overcome Z, we deaft Zerry's army, we overcome Zerry- and then we get blasted into tomorrow?

This I also agree with. Would be a firm kick and kinda ruin all the work and development put into this cast just so have them win only to then all get blasted to stasis death XD

Archie comics can't even be called canon anymore. Sega cut off, probably thanks to Archie being a sinking ship, not to mention the Ken Peders situation, and went to IDW instead. Archie comics Sonic was ultimately pointless and convulted. I think IDW is better simply because it's easier to follow, and as far as I read of the plot everyone is fairly balanced. Silver's strong, but he can't split planets...

Anyways, I stoutly stay in A) We don't do it, or B) No one lives. And apologies for not posting yet, got a little busy last night.

Archie comics can't even be called canon anymore. Sega cut off, probably thanks to Archie being a sinking ship, not to mention the Ken Peders situation, and went to IDW instead. Archie comics Sonic was ultimately pointless and convulted. I think IDW is better simply because it's easier to follow, and as far as I read of the plot everyone is fairly balanced. Silver's strong, but he can't split planets...
Agreed. So much agreement

Burble, that's like saying we can't call the Adventure games canon anymore since SEGA's not making new Sonic Adventure games.
Not really. Sonic Adventure was a part of Sonic as a video game series. It's canon to those games. Besides, Adventure is just a title. Like Mario Galaxy.

If Archie is still "canon", Sonic the Comic is canon, as is SATiM and Sonic Sez. But they aren't. They all have their own canons, but are long dead. Archie is it's own canon, but a dead one. IDW is developing. But this is an RP discussion and not a "what's canon for sonic" discussion, so I'll stuff it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.