• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to argue immensely on that point, but this isn't the time nor the place. I'll be keeping King Sonic to his honestly not-as-strong-as-he-could-be levels of power (be glad I'm not using his Issue #125 durability), and Silver and Blaze will use their powersets from the games and comics... which honestly don't differ. Like, at all. Silver's feats may not be that great in any source, but he's still got incredibly impressive ones. Anyone able to keep up with Sonic, force the Second Devourer back and defeat Enerjak is no one you should mess with. For Silver, I'm working off of Mammoth Mogul's words - "Your power is as limitless as your imagination, apprentice. Think, and from there you will act." Blaze, meanwhile, certainly isn't as strong as Silver but is still pretty tough. Comics or no, she could take out any B-tier character with her pyrokinesis and speed. Not to mention the Sol Emeralds. Still haven't decided whether or not she'll have them on her like in IDW...

I would like to argue immensely on that point, but this isn't the time nor the place. I'll be keeping King Sonic to his honestly not-as-strong-as-he-could-be levels of power (be glad I'm not using his Issue #125 durability), and Silver and Blaze will use their powersets from the games and comics... which honestly don't differ. Like, at all. Silver's feats may not be that great in any source, but he's still got incredibly impressive ones. Anyone able to keep up with Sonic, force the Second Devourer back and defeat Enerjak is no one you should mess with. For Silver, I'm working off of Mammoth Mogul's words - "Your power is as limitless as your imagination, apprentice. Think, and from there you will act." Blaze, meanwhile, certainly isn't as strong as Silver but is still pretty tough. Comics or no, she could take out any B-tier character with her pyrokinesis and speed. Not to mention the Sol Emeralds. Still haven't decided whether or not she'll have them on her like in IDW...

Okay, basing a character's power off a character statement. One that serves to make him as OP as possible, is quite the fallacy. You just want Sonic & Silver to be as OP as you can make them at this point but focusing only on one canon (Which isn't even the official one) and ignoring all else.

Actually, uh... that's not just a statement. We see Silver redirect some pretty freaking powerful stuff. Such as a ginormous plume of fire presumably from Iblis and Enerjak's chaos energy. So we've got evidence to support the conclusion that if Silver puts his mind to it, he's as powerful as he needs to be.
And I'm working off of primarily the games, Godjacob. Archie, IDW and the games are all Silver's appeared in, so they're all I can use as reference. Even in the games Silver's psychokinetic abilities are off the charts. I'm not going to have Silver stomp everyone in terms of power, but he's definitely the strongest of my cast. It's why I'm giving him the mental barriers and inexperience.
Psychokinesis, at full potential, is broken.

Also Godjacob, I'm deliberately limiting King Sonic, actually. I'm going to avoid using anything pre-Super Genesis Wave for him because a) that canon got erased so it's ACTUALLY dead and b) some of the feats there are beyond what even I knew about the character. Namely that #125 feat. Post-Super Genesis Wave and Worlds Collide/Unite is fair game, however, since those versions of the character are practically identical to the main games.

. Even in the games Silver's psychokinetic abilities are off the charts.

I disagree with this statement strongly, Silver's "limitless" power is something I also venomously disagree with, but that is a topic for another discussion. I despite the Archie comics for their ridiculous power levels nor do I believe they should be treated as "canon" power levels for the Sonic characters and I'll leave it at that. Point is wanking up the Sonic characters using the Archie comics as justification does not make this RP any better.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
I disagree with this statement strongly, Silver's "limitless" power is something I also venomously disagree with, but that is a topic for another discussion. I despite the Archie comics for their ridiculous power levels nor do I believe they should be treated as "canon" power levels for the Sonic characters and I'll leave it at that. Point is wanking up the Sonic characters using the Archie comics as justification does not make this RP any better.
I agree 100%. Any characters with ‘limitless’ power is just broken. Not to mention you said power to break the planet in two. It just seems incredibly unbalanced and unnecessary.

I'm not arguing Silver isn't pretty broken, I have already stated he's easily the strongest of my cast. But I have also said I'll be incredibly limiting his power.

Honestly most S-Tier characters hurt the plot rather than help it. They are mainly useful when we fight an enemy who happens to be too OP to deal with otherwise, but for 95% of the plot are too strong to actually get involved if the arc is to have any tension or interest.

Kale could snap now, go Berserker, fly up and blow up Specter's ship if I really wanted to use her powers to their full potential. But that makes for a crappy plot, and this arc is only interesting cause Kale is in base. Stormbreaker Thor is hurting Lucario's group (Even when I warp them away from the Black Lion) cause there is no fight that he can't solve alone.

I'm not arguing Silver isn't pretty broken, I have already stated he's easily the strongest of my cast. But I have also said I'll be incredibly limiting his power.

I'd argue that Silver isn't that broken if you go off the games rather than comic and especially Archie material. But again, different discussion for a different topic.

In what way?
Simple. Silver doesn't know how or WANT to use his full potential. He knows that if he truly cuts loose he could hurt someone - like Blaze - badly, and wants to avoid that. He's going to use enough to keep his friends safe, though. That means speed and object control, and MAYBE the occasional psychic dagger that we see in Generations. Only time he's going to use his maximum-potential psychic abilities is if he has a mental breakdown, caused by something like someone bringing Blaze to the brink of death or something. One thing I LOVE to do with Silver is test his psyche... no pun intended.

Honestly most S-Tier characters hurt the plot rather than help it. They are mainly useful when we fight an enemy who happens to be too OP to deal with otherwise, but for 95% of the plot are too strong to actually get involved if the arc is to have any tension or interest.

Kale could snap now, go Berserker, fly up and blow up Specter's ship if I really wanted to use her powers to their full potential. But that makes for a crappy plot, and this arc is only interesting cause Kale is in base. Stormbreaker Thor is hurting Lucario's group (Even when I warp them away from the Black Lion) cause there is no fight that he can't solve alone.
Yeah this is what I’ve been saying. The sole reason specter didn’t involve the black lion crew is because of Thor. When the plot bends around to avoid characters then you know you have a problem. And then we throw in Kratos who is far stronger and king sonic. *sigh* it just gets dull with those three around. And as far as kale goes, if she ever actually gets in danger, can she just snap into berserker form? That seems like she can’t actually be in danger.

I'd argue that Silver isn't that broken if you go off the games rather than comic and especially Archie material. But again, different discussion for a different topic.
Agreed

Simple. Silver doesn't know how or WANT to use his full potential. He knows that if he truly cuts loose he could hurt someone - like Blaze - badly, and wants to avoid that. He's going to use enough to keep his friends safe, though. That means speed and object control, and MAYBE the occasional psychic dagger that we see in Generations. Only time he's going to use his maximum-potential psychic abilities is if he has a mental breakdown, caused by something like someone bringing Blaze to the brink of death or something. One thing I LOVE to do with Silver is test his psyche... no pun intended.
There’s a good way to do this. To go by the games version. The one that isn’t all powerful (as he was beaten by both sonic, shadow, emerl, and several others) but is still a good character nevertheless. I’m not saying make him a weakling, but don’t make him so strong that the plot curves away from him because of that

And as far as kale goes, if she ever actually gets in danger, can she just snap into berserker form? That seems like she can’t actually be in danger.

Like I said, I am managing that. Typically she doesn't transform in response to danger only in extreme emotional outbursts. If her life was in danger, she'd likely not change as she has major power control issues but say if Caulifla were in the plot and she was in danger Kale would then snap and change.

Like I said, I am managing that. Typically she doesn't transform in response to danger only in extreme emotional outbursts. If her life was in danger, she'd likely not change as she has major power control issues but say if Caulifla were in the plot and she was in danger Kale would then snap and change.
Ah okay. That’s a good way to do it. Only if someone close to her is in life threatening danger or if she’s going deep emotional trauma. Gotcha

Ah okay. That’s a good way to do it. Only if someone close to her is in life threatening danger or if she’s going deep emotional trauma. Gotcha

Yeah, but even then it is not easy to write her. I'm personally not a fan of OP characters like this. I'd prefer if all my characters were around the same tier (Despite what you guys suggest with your tier lists XD) so they can all be useful but she is here mainly as a response to the other S-Tier characters that flooded this story. And yeah, not the most encouraging feeling to have your entire cast of characters you like soloed by one character from another RPer (Stormbreaker Thor, King Sonic etc.) so she is a safeguard for that.

Still I am trying to give her purpose here without making Hiro, Chief, or Doomslayer look bad. That is the last thing I desire.

Yeah, but even then it is not easy to write her. I'm personally not a fan of OP characters like this. I'd prefer if all my characters were around the same tier (Despite what you guys suggest with your tier lists XD) so they can all be useful but she is here mainly as a response to the other S-Tier characters that flooded this story. And yeah, not the most encouraging feeling to have your entire cast of characters you like soloed by one character from another RPer (Stormbreaker Thor, King Sonic etc.) so she is a safeguard for that.

Still I am trying to give her purpose here without making Hiro, Chief, or Doomslayer look bad. That is the last thing I desire.
I can respect a ‘big safeguard’ per say. Not OP in itself, yet an answer to when a S rank character like Thor shows up to fight you, very smart...!

Then there’s rex, which personally I have no idea how he’s going to match up power wise

I can respect a ‘big safeguard’ per say. Not OP in itself, yet an answer to when a S rank character like Thor shows up to fight you, very smart...!

Then there’s rex, which personally I have no idea how he’s going to match up power wise

Yeeeahhh..., Yu-Gi-Oh is a card game. So the monsters are holograms whose strength is based mostly on arbitrary attack values that do not scale over here. No idea how to work this.

There’s a good way to do this. To go by the games version. The one that isn’t all powerful (as he was beaten by both sonic, shadow, emerl, and several others) but is still a good character nevertheless. I’m not saying make him a weakling, but don’t make him so strong that the plot curves away from him because of that
Uh, NO. Silver has only lost once in the games - to Sonic in Generations. He beat Sonic MULTIPLE times in 06, fought Shadow to a standstill, has never even MET Emerl, and has only actually fought Sonic and Shadow in the main games. Furthermore, the Silver we see in Generations was plucked from a point in the timeline before he met Sonic, thus thinking Sonic is his enemy. And this is JUST the games I'm talking about. Silver's power set here is identical to the one he has in the games, but that doesn't differ from the comics. Silver's capable of just as much in either medium.
*cough* what i'm doing with silver *cough*

Uh, NO. Silver has only lost once in the games - to Sonic in Generations. He beat Sonic MULTIPLE times in 06, fought Shadow to a standstill, has never even MET Emerl, and has only actually fought Sonic and Shadow in the main games. Furthermore, the Silver we see in Generations was plucked from a point in the timeline before he met Sonic, thus thinking Sonic is his enemy. And this is JUST the games I'm talking about. Silver's power set here is identical to the one he has in the games, but that doesn't differ from the comics. Silver's capable of just as much in either medium.

Okay no. The Sonic comic characters have a ridiculously higher base power in the comics than the games. In the comics Sonic pants Eggman as he moved causally in Double Light Speed. While in the games he had a thrilling chase with a high speed vehicle through the city. Those are two completely different worlds, and this growth is reflected in all the characters in Archie.

*cough* what i'm doing with silver *cough*

Except Silver's "handicaps" are purely these arbitrary mental blocks. Kale has to transform to be OP while Silver can do it in base based on how strong you consider him.

I'm talking Silver here, not Sonic. He's got even feats in both mediums.

Those mental blocks aren't really arbitrary at all. They're the types of mental blocks that stop you from biting off your own thumb (presuming the human jaw had the power to do that which it likely doesn't but still). Silver is holding back almost no matter what. And I guess you could consider full-power Silver a partial transformation? Similar to 2% Frieza and 100% Frieza except without the muscle expansion.

Uh, NO. Silver has only lost once in the games - to Sonic in Generations
A7FBA250-3E52-41BB-93EC-6F193EFAC13C.gif

Come to think of it, Timeman would be similar, as he slows time as well. Huh...neat.

1) That kick wasn't a fight ender. A moment later Silver got back up like NOTHING HAD HAPPENED.
2) Compare his abilities in the fights in Sonic 06 and Sonic Generations. Sure, Silver wanted to kill Sonic, but he was OBVIOUSLY holding back. Otherwise, he could have easily used the buildings around him to try and crush Sonic like we see him do with literally everything he can get his hands on in Generations. And even in the Generations fight there's a ton Silver DIDN'T use! Also, moral conflicts. Silver doesn't think it's right to kill people, but if it'll save the future...
And you can't say anything about the Iblis fights. There was barely anything to use during them.

1) That kick wasn't a fight ender. A moment later Silver got back up like NOTHING HAD HAPPENED.
2) Compare his abilities in the fights in Sonic 06 and Sonic Generations. Sure, Silver wanted to kill Sonic, but he was OBVIOUSLY holding back. Otherwise, he could have easily used the buildings around him to try and crush Sonic like we see him do with literally everything he can get his hands on in Generations. And even in the Generations fight there's a ton Silver DIDN'T use! Also, moral conflicts. Silver doesn't think it's right to kill people, but if it'll save the future...
And you can't say anything about the Iblis fights. There was barely anything to use during them.

Just because Silver does not exploit and cheese his powers to their maximum cheapness, doesn't mean he is suddenly holding back. It just means he is not the smartest fighter and uses a preferred style as opposed to the most exploitative.

That I can agree with, but it's still far from his maximum potential. Besides, he doesn't like hurting people, so of course he's going to try not to damage populated areas.

That I can agree with, but it's still far from his maximum potential. Besides, he doesn't like hurting people, so of course he's going to try not to damage populated areas.

Right, and his "maximum potential" might hurt more than make this story fun. As my view of what he can do and yours are on wildly different tiers....and your view is not the most comforting.

Again, that's not my aim with Silver. He's the strongest member of my cast, yes, but his best moments are going to be outside of combat. Like I said, with Silver, I like to test his psyche.
But if he needs to go ham, he goes ham.

Again, that's not my aim with Silver. He's the strongest member of my cast, yes, but his best moments are going to be outside of combat. Like I said, with Silver, I like to test his psyche.
But if he needs to go ham, he goes ham.

I'd still argue Sonic>Silver and think you overrate Silver but that's the last I'll say on the topic.

Yeah, and Thor just was around for banter with Rocket. Now Lucario is unable to get involved in any plot because Thor just happens to be around and is too overpowering to use. I just worry Silver would do that for another group.

Oh trust me, Silver won't be that much of a problem like Thor is. He can't defend for shit, and even when he can his forcefields are fairly weak.
His offense, however...
Also, the idea was presented earlier of Negan's group temporarily recruiting Silver and Blaze and sending them against some of the heroes. If you guys would still be up for that, I might be able to introduce them before the next jump.

Oh trust me, Silver won't be that much of a problem like Thor is. He can't defend for shit, and even when he can his forcefields are fairly weak.
His offense, however...
Also, the idea was presented earlier of Negan's group temporarily recruiting Silver and Blaze and sending them against some of the heroes. If you guys would still be up for that, I might be able to introduce them before the next jump.

I like how you say Silver won't be as bad just because his defense is questionable. Ignoring his offense you even tease at being mighty.

Well, given you think Sonic characters are godly having Blaze around kinda makes Azula as a fighter arbitrary. Since Azula is a fire user as well but "inferior" to Blaze and risks being overshadowed.

Eh, I'd argue that while Blaze is superior to Azula in terms of pyrokinesis, Azula could still put up a strong fight due to her having the ability of mental manipulation. Besides, if Azula got Blaze into the sky, they'd be fighting with the cat in a state of unrestrained panic.

Eh, I'd argue that while Blaze is superior to Azula in terms of pyrokinesis, Azula could still put up a strong fight due to her having the ability of mental manipulation. Besides, if Azula got Blaze into the sky, they'd be fighting with the cat in a state of unrestrained panic.

I defiantly think that Azula is the better fire user compared to Blaze in terms of pure skill. Far more creative and versatile with her powers.

And manipulation kinda doesn't mean much in an actual fight between the two. It's just you have the Sonic characters ranked so high that this interesting battle becomes a stomp given how you view these characters.

No, it's just Silver I say is broken and that's due to his psychokinesis. Blaze is on a far lower tier, being about B-rank.

Also, to support a previous argument, I'd like to bring up another Mammoth Mogul quote. "Remember my words on potential and restraint. Ultimate power ultimately corrupts." It may not help my point of Silver's restraint that much, but it says that in at least Archie continuity, where Silver's power and feats are sometimes less than that of the games, Silver's holding back.

Also, to support a previous argument, I'd like to bring up another Mammoth Mogul quote. "Remember my words on potential and restraint. Ultimate power ultimately corrupts." It may not help my point of Silver's restraint that much, but it says that in at least Archie continuity, where Silver's power and feats are sometimes less than that of the games, Silver's holding back.

I mean, the fact he is in the Archie verse everyone has a higher base tier means any of his feats are better. Just being able to react to Sonic in this canon makes you have Lightspeed+ reactions given he can casually do it and faster in base in the continuity.

And again, relying on this single line from a questionably "canon" comic series to show Silver can hold back feels fallacious.

Azula is stronger easily. As she also has lightning

Lightning is something Blaze can't do, but the Sol Emeralds exist. They give Blaze complete control over fire in canon.

And I can see where you're coming from Godjacob, I just can't agree due to the fact that Silver has shown equal feats in both the games and the comics. SEGA decides to occasionally pull some bullshit with him, though, so I can see why there's so much confusion about this.

Lightning is something Blaze can't do, but the Sol Emeralds exist. They give Blaze complete control over fire in canon.

And I can see where you're coming from Godjacob, I just can't agree due to the fact that Silver has shown equal feats in both the games and the comics. SEGA decides to occasionally pull some bullshit with him, though, so I can see why there's so much confusion about this.
That’s because he’s simply too powerful or too hyped. Either one is a problem. I stand against Archie version coming in. I’d avoid him like the plague

Again. THERE IS PRACTICALLY NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ARCHIE SILVER AND GAME SILVER.
Oh but Silver comes from a different version of the future!
...so does he across each different game. Should we consider 06 Silver, Rivals Silver and Generations Silver entirely different Silvers then?

Again. THERE IS PRACTICALLY NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ARCHIE SILVER AND GAME SILVER.
Oh but Silver comes from a different version of the future!
...so does he across each different game. Should we consider 06 Silver, Rivals Silver and Generations Silver entirely different Silvers then?

There IS a difference between the Archie verse and the games. A steep power difference. And that extends to all its characters, Silver included. That's my main point.

Status
Not open for further replies.