• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Uh, sorry to butt in on this two hour long argument over pointless Sonic characters (in case nobody has caught on, i hate everything to do with Sonic. except Tails. Tails is cool), but I've been thinking about characters...
I'm dropping Kratos from my cast. He's cool and all, but having a character like that not being able to do a whole lot because of the 'concerns of him overshadowing others' it would make Kratos extremely frustrating to use.
so bye-bye Kratos.

Godjacob.
HAVE YOU READ A SINGLE ISSUE WITH SILVER IN IT?
I can show you guys my Archie Sonic collection if you want. What applies to one character doesn't apply to all of them. And having read every issue of both the main series and Sonic Universe, I can tell you with 100% certainty there is NO difference between game Silver and comic Silver.
Sonic? Yes. They differ.
Tails? OH MOST CERTAINLY. I don't think game Tails is ever transforming into the buff boy freak of nature that is Titan Tails.
Knuckles? YES. Blame Penders for that.
Shadow? Not really. As in, not really at all. He's got practically identical feats.
Silver? NO DIFFERENCE. AT ALL. By the time Silver got around to being introduced, the comic was in Ian Flynn's hands. Flynn knows what he's doing with Sonic, and the way he handles Silver proves this. He is the game version brought into the canon of the comics. Unlike with other characters, he didn't have to deal with what other writers like Penders added onto the character. All he added was a new history and motivation, without changing a single one of his abilities.
If there is ANY character WHATSOEVER that can ABSOLUTELY have the comics used as reference, it's Silver the Hedgehog. Why? Because Ian Flynn knows Sonic, its characters, and their power scaling.

And aw. Kratos could have been fun, but I understand if you don't want him anymore.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Uh, sorry to butt in on this two hour long argument over pointless Sonic characters (in case nobody has caught on, i hate everything to do with Sonic. except Tails. Tails is cool), but I've been thinking about characters...
I'm dropping Kratos from my cast. He's cool and all, but having a character like that not being able to do a whole lot because of the 'concerns of him overshadowing others' it would make Kratos extremely frustrating to use.
so bye-bye Kratos.
I appreciate you listening to our concerns Comic ^^ thanks, although kratos is fun alone, for balance he wouldn’t have worked.

The characters who are put into the stasis won’t be dead permanently. Only until they are freed from the stasis. We could always just find a reason for characters to survive for people whose cast wouldn’t realistically survive on their own. If we did this idea, probably one character per RPer would live. The others would have to be freed.

Eh... could I bargain for four? Three would be kept out of the action (Silver, Nathan, Shantae) but would be able to escape due to circumstances. Ruby's the one I'd want to be my legitimate one surviving character with the others in a form of limbo for the time being until they find Silver or discover what Shantae and Nathan are up to. I'd be fine with Sonic biting the dust if I can keep Silver, just thought he'd be a good way to get two RWBY characters out of there.
But that's still just a maybe.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Alright, I have an idea for the stasis thingy. If you want, you can carry one character over from this, ONE. If you want, you can have characters escape, and NOT bring them back, but you can only keep one for the next roleplay, and, If we do that, then the character I'll be taking will be Angel Dust, Ridley isn't doing anything because Cobra isn't replying. Grievous is just getting boring at the moment, might just Warp Void him 'till I'm ready.

Why are we still discussing a sequel when the first arc isn't over...Look, I get it, it's fun to think about how this will end, but once we all get invested 30 pages in and we are laying on the brink of the Zerry battle then we can think about it. But for now, let's shelf this so we don't have anymore arguments about who is killed and who isn't.
Ridley isn't doing anything because Cobra isn't replying. Grievous is just getting boring at the moment, might just Warp Void him 'till I'm ready.
By the by Cobra replied today. Including a Kaleb v Ridley response. Grievous also has Sam and Azula's appearance to react to if you want that.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Why are we still discussing a sequel when the first arc isn't over...Look, I get it, it's fun to think about how this will end, but once we all get invested 30 pages in and we are laying on the brink of the Zerry battle then we can think about it. But for now, let's shelf this so we don't have anymore arguments about who is killed and who isn't.

By the by Cobra replied today. Including a Kaleb v Ridley response. Grievous also has Sam and Azula's appearance to react to if you want that.
Oof, I didn't get the alert.

Alright, I have an idea for the stasis thingy. If you want, you can carry one character over from this, ONE. If you want, you can have characters escape, and NOT bring them back, but you can only keep one for the next roleplay, and, If we do that, then the character I'll be taking will be Angel Dust, Ridley isn't doing anything because Cobra isn't replying. Grievous is just getting boring at the moment, might just Warp Void him 'till I'm ready.
Yeah that’s what I suggested

I'm still against the idea of keeping only one as long as I can keep the other three/four out temporarily for good reasons. But as Burble said, we shouldn't be discussing this yet.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
I mean having Doomslayer be able to solo Specter's fortress, forces and him alone (Even if he logically could) makes the arc anti-climatic and gives Hiro and company literally nothing to do.
just Hiro for now, considering Chief, Hunter and Kale are working on the bots.

Yeah... those defenses Specter has are... going to do absolutely nothing to Doomslayer...

I mean having Doomslayer be able to solo Specter's fortress, forces and him alone (Even if he logically could) makes the arc anti-climatic and gives Hiro and company literally nothing to do.

Well, their actions in the arc are not gonna be just limited to "will they won't they turn on the Robot Masters."

I hope XD
Right, so apparently doomslayer is invulnerable to missiles, flamethrowers, and all sorts of weapons? I don’t believe that for a second XD

Hiro could beat Doomslayer, yeah, because Hiro has magic.
But not mortal defense systems.
Doomslayer took on the worst Hell itself had to offer.
Flamethrowers ain't got nothing on that.

Hiro could beat Doomslayer, yeah, because Hiro has magic.
But not mortal defense systems.
Doomslayer took on the worst Hell itself had to offer.
Flamethrowers ain't got nothing on that.

I mean, saying he'd solo this craft just because he beat demons of hell is a fallacy. Those are just titles, how strong ones who have the titles in the context of the story matters more.

Doom demons are generally very squishy compared to demons of other media. And if I were to be objective not very impressive.

I feel like the Doom demons are still pretty tough compared to most others. Likely at bare minimum a 10 on the D&D challenge rating.
Sorry, Shen, but I don't have enough knowledge of the Doom series to give you feats... someone who played the games can manage that. I do know he's able to squash the head of a gigantic demon with his foot like it's a grape under a boot, though.

I feel like the Doom demons are still pretty tough compared to most others. Likely at bare minimum a 10 on the D&D challenge rating.
Sorry, Shen, but I don't have enough knowledge of the Doom series to give you feats... someone who played the games can manage that. I do know he's able to squash the head of a gigantic demon with his foot like it's a grape under a boot, though.

Okay that is just stupid. There is nothing Doom does that any FPS could not do. His demons are utter weaksause.

If you don’t know, then don’t assume he’d solo and entire legion of tanks turrets, a fortress an giant ship armed to the teeth with weapons. Is just unnecessarily demeaning

Honestly I didn't like Shen waking up Specter, but I am not a fan of Doomslayer being wanked cause "he beat demons and conquered hell!"

It's just labels. The demons I'd view on the same level as any FPS obstacle. Hell I'd argue Master Chief defeated more impressive opponents.

Honestly I didn't like Shen waking up Specter, but I am not a fan of Doomslayer being wanked cause "he beat demons and conquered hell!"

It's just labels. The demons I'd view on the same level as any FPS obstacle. Hell I'd argue Master Chief defeated more impressive opponents.
Specter has a warship. And he has to be a threat or else risk being cheesed, as it’s already gone being debated

That's a fair point, Godjacob... I'd argue out of any of the characters I've debated, Doomslayer's the one I've got a weak standing on. But I do know he's far more than any ordinary man, and from what I've seen in the games he can mess some shit up. He's certainly able to take on Specter's defenses. Specter himself? Maybe not because of that telekinesis. But definitely some ordinary defenses.
...and uh... Shen... Sorry but uh... Specter is kinda getting cheesed already.

That's a fair point, Godjacob... I'd argue out of any of the characters I've debated, Doomslayer's the one I've got a weak standing on. But I do know he's far more than any ordinary man, and from what I've seen in the games he can mess some shit up. He's certainly able to take on Specter's defenses. Specter himself? Maybe not because of that telekinesis. But definitely some ordinary defenses.

Making Specter weak as he'll doesn't help. It should be tricky to get past the fortress. You are making the story less fun by saying "yeah Slayer can solo east GG."

Hehe...no. You haven’t even begun to see what his forces can do. You’ve just nicked the surface
Specter himself, given what he can do, is actually a pretty big threat to the heroes we have assembled there. I'm saying the defenses are lackluster.
Specter is a supreme threat himself. His defenses are powerful as well, you just haven’t gotten to them yet

Alright then. I'll take to the wiki.
...hm. I can't find any information on these defenses. Odd. I can find information on the tanks, but that's all.
Shen, if you expect to justify your defenses as a threat, you have to explain what they are.

Alright then. I'll take to the wiki.
...hm. I can't find any information on these defenses. Odd. I can find information on the tanks, but that's all.
Shen, if you expect to justify your defenses as a threat, you have to explain what they are.
Hm I think you may have gotten the wrong tanks, but that’s ok.

Either way, I want to leave them a surprise, as if I explain them it might make certain actions happen or not happen, changing the results of the rp

...no? No matter what happens, the characters still lack the knowledge. We're not going to godmod. But we need to know these defenses are actually viable in comparison to the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.