• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

July 18, Monday - Olivine City, Johto. Reina, current rank, 35,589.

"Okay since we're all here, how about we get that battle royal going!"

Reina ran across the beach, getting away from the crowd to avoid anyone getting hit by an attack or getting sand thrown on them. She knew her Pokemon would be eager to join in the battle, but she wasn't about to go full force on people she just met or friends. It was supposed to be fun and she knew exactly who her first choice was when it came to having random battles.

"Come on Diva!"

The Clefairy was enjoying her time with Gene, but the call of Reina made her even more happy. She was never the first choice and this was her time to show everyone how amazing she was. She skipped joyfully across the beach and up to Reina, moving her finger into the air in a circular motion. She was ready to unleash hell on her enemies or make a full of herself with Splash.

Esther
Monday, July 18 – Olivine Beach, Olivine City, Johto Region​

“Right, the battle royale!” Esther brought her hands together and turned to her pokémon: although she had a lot of pokémon, she had focused on some more than others and her resident battlers were: Pyrrha—eagerly staring, salivating, bleeding off her excitement through frenzied usages of Tail Whip and Sand Attack; Halay—who was aloof, her gaze elsewhere; and Kasriel—who was buried head-first into a hole.

‘Hmmm,’ She couldn’t let Pyrrha get too much experience—not before they managed to buy an Everstone—and Halay flat out wasn’t interested so...Kasriel? Or was it time to give another member of her team the spotlight?

“Alright Nâva, I choose you!”

The quivering slime-ball did was quivering slime-balls do and quivered in response to her name. It only took a few moments for her to slither onto the battlefield, though it seemed like the sandy terrain didn’t agree with her sticky slime and had stuck to the Goomy’s body. Esther took note of that, she’d need to wash it out later.

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

Initial: $6330

Everstone x 1 – $15,000.00

Ezio Farello - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh

"
Excavate is my Steelix, and the largest I have ever seen. I'd even go so far as to say it is the biggest Pokémon known to man, not including the legendaries of myth and the Gigantamax phenomenon in Galar." Ezio said, not without a fair share of pride. "I found them as a giant Onix in Kanto, he was double the size of the other Onix there and that size stayed consistent when he evolved into a Steelix."

"I'd show you, but the building is too small and the weather is dreary, not something a Steelix would love to be in." The man said before getting an idea. "Actually, I can show you." He grabbed his phone and opened his WCS profile, showing a description of each of his Pokémon in detail, including a picture. Tapping on the picture of Excavate, he laid his phone down in front of Kaden as he continued to pet Etna.

---------

Nicole Newman - June 10th - Route 3, Galar

Nicole said nothing in return to Lara's explanation, making sure the bag was safe and secure before following the reporter. Normally she would talk to Lara, but they were on the job and she really could not afford to mess this up and miss out on the money.

As the duo arrived at Route 3, Nicole looked around. In one word, it was rocky. Not unlike Lentimas Town, but it was more verdant than her hometown. "So what are we filming?" She asked, getting straight to business.

July 18th,Olivine City's Beach Area, Johto
---
'Clefairy and Goomy huh.. Both can take a lot of punishment and their types give a big advandage. Well, its not like they are all mighty tho.. No one is. However, its quite concerning especially since their movesets can be very tricky.
I wanted to leave Glacier as an Ace in my sleeve thought they saw few of his Key moves, we still can have one suprise for them. Goatie is strong, but he is Best when we get certain enemies and I dont want to take chances for now... So then'

"You are up first, Gehenna!" Shiro said and then a centipede pokemon quickly rushed up to its Trainer, It has a small blue materiał that was around its neck.

'I gonna bring a heavy guns, Gehenna and Glacier try hard to get Title of the strongest in this team So I know he wont fail me! Especially when our opponents are far more expierienced, I believe in his strenght to Aid us!'

Esther

Esther grinned, a command already on her tongue; but she faltered when Shiro send out a strange, bug-like pokémon. That wasn’t something she’d seen before.

”Pokedex Entry 850 – Sizzlipede said:
Primary Type: Fire

Secondary Type: Bug

Species Abilities: Flash Fire (common) | White Smoke (common) | Flame Body (Rare)

It wraps its prey up with its coils and cooks them alive through a flammable gas stored and used to generated temperatures for its heated body, Once prey is well-done, it voraciously devours them.

The grin on the Oblivian’s face cramped—Man, Shiro had some f**ked up pokémon; she’d need to make sure it never got a chance to wrap around Nâva.

“Alright Nâva, let’s hit ‘em hard with a—Oh! Wait, No! Time-Out!”

Esther scrambled for her Pokétch, tap-tap-tapping through menu’s until she found exactly what she was looking for—battle music! Every good battle needed it. Dragging the volume slider to its peak, the song blared across the beach.

After a moment to appreciate her pick, Esther eyed her two opponents. “Now Nâva, hit ‘em both with Bubble!”

Nâva took a deep breath that saw its body inflate, doubling in size before she released a floating barrage of bubbles at both her foes.

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

Kaden Miller - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh

Kaden had an impressed expression on his face. A Steelix would surely do well in a toughness contest so it made sense for Ezio to achieve first place with it. He did raise an eyebrow at the claims of the ruin maniac, "No worries I understand. Etna absolutely despises rain as well," and even at the mention the dog-like pokemon raised her head and looked out and looked at the pouring rain. Instinctively she shook herself, as if imagining herself being outside.

Intrigued, the coordinator raised an eyebrow when Ezio then said he could indeed prove the size of his steel pokemon. Kaden leaned forward and indeed there it was. An absolutely massive Steelix that dwarfed anything around it.

Etna on the other hand felt like she needed to return to her trainer. Perhaps to be comforted after having the dreadful idea of being outside in rain in her mind. She got up and and walked over to Kaden, bowing down as if she tried to make herself look small as she rested her head on his lap.

Kaden chuckled knowing full well what the fire and rock type pokemon was trying to do, "No Etna. You're not a pup anymore. Besides I don't think you'd fit onto this chair," he reprimand her, but scratched her behind her ear to console his pokemon, making her lean into his hand.

Lara Brook - 10th of June - Route 3, Galar

"Um, well we can film whatever really. This will only be for practice and for you to get a hang of how the camera works so if you want you can film the scenery or any pokemon nearby, but I understand if you just want to focus on learning all of the tech functions. There are microphones and other accessories that we can attach to the camera, but I'd say we focus on filming for now," It was clear from the way Lara spoke, sounding more comfortable and having an easier time to find words, she knew her stuff when it came to cameras and other filming equipment. Even if her main focus photography, she knew a fair share about filming as well.

"S-so we can try to find a spot somewhere or stay here. What ever you feel like doing," As soon as she derived her attention back to Nicole herself, she grew more timid once more.

"Rain is not the weather I prefer to be in, sun or a sandstorm are more my type of weather." Ezio said, chuckling. "Sorry, battler humor."

Erebus didn't like the competition for affection, deciding to leave Kaden to lay on Ezio's lap, causing the older man to huff. "Oof, you are also no longer a Cyndaquil, Erebus. Be mindful of my ribs, okay? They are not healed yet."

Erebus merely looked at Ezio with big eyes, causing the man to lose resolve and scratch her behind her ears.

--------

Nicole looked around, finding a nice hill to overlook the route. "There." The woman said, walking up the hill. She preferred being high up, it allowed her to see more and lessen the chance of being caught off-guard. Placing the bag down, she opened it and attempted to set up the tripod and the camera herself.

"Now what?" She asked, still staying professional. It was a little awkward, sure, but maybe her performance woild be reported to her supervisor and cause her to lose her job.

A grin spread on Reina's lips as the battle began. She felt she didn't need to tell Diva what to do, since they always went for the same strategy, but she felt her teammates should prepare for the worst possible outcome.

"Me-Tro-Nome!" Reina called out, holding up her two index fingers and moving them from side to side just like Diva was doing so a few feet in front of her.

Diva moved her fingers, causing them to glow while a pink aura formed around her. As the Bubbles attack came closer to her, the energy around her formed into pink pixels. These then shot like small bullets towards Gehenna, bursting the bubbles in the way.

"Once more!" Reina called out, once again doing the same dance as Diva.

Diva used her Metronome attack again, this time glowing wings emerged from her back. Energy around her became visible and began to sink into her body, the wings glowing in size as the Clefairy gathered energy.

Esther

Obviously, Bubble was too easy to deal with and her opponents had no issue blowing right through it. Since that was the case, they’d need to make it harder. “Alright Nâva, push yourself into the air with dragon breath! Then nail them both with another bubble!”

Nâva released a deluge of draconic energy, blasting the sand and throwing herself high into the air. Once she had peaked, aligning with the sun, she unleashed a barrage of bubbles onto the field. This time the bubbles were coming from the sky where the bright summer sun would hide them from view.

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

"Come on Diva, whatever that is, finish it up!"

Diva closed her eyes as Bubbles hit her, causing her to stumble back a few steps. However the energy wasn't done charging yet and she had shifted her aim towards the blobby dragon that was coming down from its jump. The glowing wings spread and Diva began to float, getting covered in the same glow herself and then dashing straight ahead at Nava. The glow was so intense, even Reina had to look away a bit despite wearing sunglasses.

Esther

Esther’s face changed as Reina’s Clefairy began to glow with a strange energy. That was odd enough, but things hadn’t ended there—no, glowing wings had manifested at her back and then launched into the air, shining so brightly that Esther had to turn away.

“Uh oh...” Whatever that attack was it wasn’t good, and it was headed right for Nâva. Thankfully, all of Esther’s dragons happened to learn Protect through level-up, and the move was perfectly handy for situations like...well, this!

The Oblivia let out a short cackle as she called her move, “No shot love! Nâva, use Protect!”

A glittering shield sprang up around the descending dragon as Sky Attack slammed into its, sending the dragon—shield and all—crashing into the ground. A cloud of sand was thrown into the air as the impact created a crater.

Whatever that attack had been, it would’ve finished Nâva off had it landed.
Pokéball x2

Seal Case

Nakano Saito​

10 Years Ago (16 years old); Pallet Town, Kanto; June 21
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Eevee

Man, this is gonna take forever...

Naka groaned as her stomach hurt in all kinds of ways. She should really see a doctor, but she didn't really think Pallet Town had a doctor. She took a moment to assess her wounds, stepping a bit more on her feet instead of limping so much. While it hurt more, she was starting to get used to the pain. She heard someone singing and she looked up and narrowed her eyes to see a young girl running towards the lab. The lab had smoke leaking out of it and her eyes widened. Well, that's just peachy.

Two boys ran after this girl, and a couple starters ran with them. Hm, were these supposed to be the kids she was tasked with guiding?

She sighed and began to jog a bit painfully over to the lab. Inside, there was that kid from earlier with a sleeping Growlithe and Squirtle on the floor. Regardless of what the others were doing, she sighed and came in, assessing after an up close inspection of both Pokemon that they were okay. Standing up straight despite how much her body was screaming at her, she looked to the group that gathered before her and smiled.

"Glad to see you all alive. Thank you for doing what you could. You're all alive and your Pokemon in one piece, which is more than what most could ask for when dealing with that kind of scum. If they become an issue, you have your lives and stronger Pokemon to beat them another day." She looked proud, despite their obvious loss. "I know I'm not Professor Oak, but I am his assistant through Professor Rowan's letter of recommendation. I was sent here to guide the next kids who will take the starters from Oak down a career path they want, especially if their career path has anything to do with research and science. As well as have them learn survival tips because I am definitely not going to be holding your hand the entire way through this region." She chuckled. "I am Nakano Saito. Nice to meet you all." After looking at the Charmander and Bulbasaur who came with, she smiled at the three boys. "I'm assuming I'll be your boys' guide." She then looked to the girl. "And uh, I don't know who you are. But if the boys want you along, I don't mind."

Monday, July 18 – Olivine Beach, Olivine City, Johto Region
-

Gehenna was Lucky, although powerfull, however, tho it is a Psychic move it dealt more of physical harm, being the Psychic move and So the raised physical atributes in both offensive and defensive way that came with a Coil come in a clutch.
"Smokescreen! Try to find a good position to cover and do another Coil!" Shiro yelled when he saw bubbles going down.

Sizzlipede nodded and then a huge amount of dark smoke covered the arena, while centipede pokemon followed his Trainer direction, hid and continued coiling.

Last edited:

Kaden let out an amused smile, but looked like Erebus climbing onto her trainers lap made Etna more adamant to get things her way. With her head still in his trainers lap, she placed one of her paws there as well and looked up at Kaden with big puppy eyes, "No Etna," he said, trying to stay firm. The fire-rock type let out a disappointed sigh, yet placed her other paw into his lap as well. Then she gentlu climbed up with Kaden letting out an 'Umph' in protest yet was powerless to stop his pokemon. The chair creaked in protest, as the big dog-like pokemon sat satisfied. "Ack-" Kaden said poking out his head to get some air that wasn't filled with dog hair, but sighed in defeat and gave Etna a couple of pats.

Lara followed Nicole up to a small hill overlooking the route, "This seems like a good spot. Good eye," she said not wanting this interaction to be all to stale, yet knew she should stay in the realm of professionalism. She held an eye out to make sure that the bird keeper set up the tripod and the camera on it correctly, her Rotom appearing to do the same. She then went to make sure that the camera was securely on it's stand, as it would be detrimental if it fell of and got damaged.

"Good job," Lara said trying her best to give Nicole a smile before turning back to the camera, "Now can we turn it on and prepare to film something. Um- How would you like to do this? Do you want me to just give you instructions? Me to show how it works and then you can repeat it or?" the woman then asked Nicole on how she would like to be taught.

Last edited:

Esther

She could smell it, the luscious scent of opportunity, and she seized it without hesitation! “Lay low Nâva! Camouflage in the sand!”

Esther had noticed earlier that Nâva’s sticky slime easily caught sand, and while this would usually be a problem, it had become a strength now that a smoke screen had gone up. Like the camouflage of a Sand-Cloak Burmy, Nâva had been completely covered in the sand that stuck to her slime, allowing her to disappear amongst the sand hills.

If they moved slowly, they could even hide in plain sight.

Now...how would she lay her trap..?

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

"Looks like our Fire types are equally spoiled, huh?" Ezio chuckled, carefully stroking Erebus' ears. "You're lucky Eviscerate doesn't see you right now, or she would want in on the action." The man said to his Typhlosion, who let out a sigh and rolled her eyes. She could take that rocky chicken any time, regardless of cool spikes.

"Yeah yeah, you're a tough girl, I know. I saw you grow up, you think I don't know what you are like?" Ezio said, ruffling Erebus' soft fur.

"If I may be so rude, do you have any other Pokémon other than Etna?" The Ruin Maniac asked Kaden, petting his starter.

-------

"I'd rather you show me first, I do not want to break anything on my first day. I could use the money on different things." Nicole said, taking a step back and looked at Lara, eyes sharp as a hawk.

Rubbing her finger together behind her back, the woman bit the inside of her lip. Nerves were awful, especially when they were not super warranted like now.

Last edited:

"Keep it up Diva, dance dance!"

Diva did as her trainer instructed, moving her fingers in the air and once again summoning her Metronome attack. This time, the sand around her began to whip up into a big swirl, Twister! The spinning attack moved towards the Smokescreen, blowing away the dark smoke as it approached its location.

"Again!" Reina called out, clearly having fun with the random attacks.

Diva again lifted her fingers into the air, looking happier than ever as she and Reina seemed to have coordinated their attacks. To make things more fun, people had began to gather around the battle, including a group of school children and their teacher who were taking a field trip. Diva chirped joyfully before a swirling wheel of fire appeared in front of her, Mystic Fire! The flames then shot forward towards the location of the Goomy.

Monday, July 18 – Olivine Beach, Olivine City, Johto Region
---
Before anyone arrived at a beach
"Team! Tactical meeting!" Shiro shouted and all of his pokemons, like a soldiers assembled in front of him.
"Now, I Shall inform you that we will take part in a planned battle royale with unknown to me at the moment number of opponents. It may be quite hard but will grant us lots of New Expierience and view on battles. I think it may actually may need a very similar tactic to 3v3 battles in Unova.. Therefore..."
---
now
"Protect Goomy!" Shiro yelled and suddenly in a way of mystic fire stood Gehenna, who earlier simply rushed in between those pokemons. He attempted and got a hit.
---
"So, we need two things, occasions and mobility. We need to catch as many occasions to get advandage and mobility to not get stuck between too many opponents. So thats what we will need to prepare for.. Lets Focus our efforts now in how to succesfuly move in a Sand without loosing too much speed!"
---
'Its not perfect, we had far too Little time but it may do for now.. Important thing is that we dont stay in one place for too long.. I bet that they may guess Gehenna ability too now.. Or at least assume' Shiro thought and then gave another command.
"Smokescreen again! Find a good position to go towards!"

Esther

Esther wore a strange expression on her face. Nâva had already hidden beneath the sand under the cover of the earlier smokescreen, and while the smokescreen had been blown away the Goomy had vanished from sight, blending in with the beach sand. Although Reina’s Clefairy managed to launch a series of powerful attacks, she was shooting blind; after all, not even Esther knew where Nâva was.

The slime-dragon was hidden somewhere on the battlefield and Esther intended to keep it that way, saving their camouflage for a time when they could launch a critical attack—after all, a sudden movement would give them away.

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

Olivine City Beach, Johto (July 18th)

As the battle royal began Desmond had kept a fair distance from the action while Politoed and Kricketune seemed content to watch. Politoed even seemed to clap and cheer for...well, not anyone specifically but just seemed to cheer for everyone as a general pump up. Bless its soul. Kricketune seemed to act like an impressionable sibling and mimicked Politoed's cheers to the Pokemon that battled each other on the sand.

"Polioed! Politoed!"

"Kricketune! Kricketune!"

"Not sure they'll notice this guys..." Desmond mused as he got his camera and tripod adjusted and prepared to look for Pokemon to take pictures of by the shoreline, Desmond himself seemed disinterested in the battle. To him, these creatures had been scary enough just on their own, seeing them in battle with all their deadly abilities on display? No thank you. Course, his bother had always been anamored with Pokemon Battles, probably was gonna be a trainer himself when he was old enough.

Was, anyway....

Desmond sighed as he shook that thought out of his mind, but as he turned to the battle, seeing the fun everyone had and the cheerful support his own Pokemon had given to it, Desmond decided that maybe some pics of this battle would help capture the moment which at the end what had this whole mission been about. So, he turned his tripod and began to snap some pics of the battle. Right beside his own Pokemon who seemed happy their partner watched this after all.

"Working together? Great strategy for a battle royal!"

Reina wasn't a stranger to such a match, her region practiced it often, including double battles and others, in either Pokemon battles or professional wrestling. Usually battle royals got a lot more complicate since up to 30 participants could join in, but still, she was glad to finally be part of one, specially with friends.

"Diva, Metronome again!"

Diva began dancing more, spinning as she did so and flicking her fingers into the air, once again glowing. This time red energy and heat began to gather around Diva, she stopped and crouched as the energy gathered inside her, then suddenly floosh! Flames spread all over the battlefield, leaving anything in its way with a burn.

"Whoa! Never seen that before!" Reina called out, "This is super fun!"

Kaden let out a strained chuckle as Etna's mass still dwarfed him, "Yeah. Etna's quite affectionate and she was my first ever pokemon like I said," he said trying to peek out from behind the fire-rock type pokemon. Though, when Ezio asked about his other pokemon Kaden had to try and get his Arcanine off of him.

"Alright Etna, I need to show Ezio the rest of the team. Hop off," he said and tried to give a light push to get a move on the dog-like pokemon. Seeing that she'd gotten what she wanted, Etna carefully got off and laid down beside her trainer as Kaden dug up his phone.

"Let's see here.." he said scrolling though his phone, looking for a good picture to show the ruin maniac, "Here," and turned his phone to display a picture of him and his team around him. Looked like it was professionally taken for some sort of occasion, with the pokemon around him posing proudly around Kaden. Etna being the biggest pokemon from his team sat behind, smiling happily. Then there was a Roserade who posed confidently, a Mismagius who had one hand placed over her mouth perhaps trying to appear cute. In the front there stood a Starmie with it's center crystal glimmering and finally there was his Jolteon who sat upright with his ears perked up as well.

"Here's my team of five,"

"Okay. Um, Feel free to tell me if I'm going too fast, doing too much at once or if you want anything to be repeated," Lara said to the newly recruited bird keeper. She tried her best to be calm, but she was teaching someone else how to work a camera so that they could work at KENN. It felt like a lot of responsibility to have, but she knew her way around a camera. She just had to try and teach someone else now.

"The power button or switch is usually located around the back end of any film camera, but on this one it's here," Lara explained and threw a quick glance over to Nicole before flicking the switch from 'OFF' to 'ON' and twisting the display screen over, "This is the display screen. You can twist it and turn it almost any way so you can look at what you're filming without needing to twist your neck," and pointed on the black screen, yet looked at Nicole again before her gaze bounced elsewhere again. Well, it had all relevant information on it such as battery, filming time and noise levels on. The Rotom chirped with a 'Vrzzt' to notify their trainer.

Lara gasped and her cheeks flushed at the slight mistake, yet in the back of her mind her nervousness spiked up, "S-sorry. I forgot the lens cap on," she said apologetically and gave a pitiful nervous chuckle. Pinching at the lens cap, she easily removed it and now the camera's display reflected the scenery correctly. The red haired woman then turned off the camera and returned it to it's previous state.

"Um- You can turn it on now again and repeat what I just did,"

Last edited:

Esther

Somehow Reina’s Clefairy had the perfect move for every situation tucked up its tiny pink ass; with her opponents in hiding, she had blanketed the sands with a scorching wave of scarlet flames. Hiding had been rendered useless. They were forced to defend, “Soak yourself, Water Gun!”

Esther bit her lip, Nâva would resist the fire-type attack and ideally, the water would give chip off some of the damage. What even was that move it kept using?

Attackdex – Metronome said:
A normal type move that randomly selects nearly any move in existence and executes it.

Randomly!?

“Bullshit!”

This Clefairy had to go—“Nâva, hang in there!”

The goop dragon dug herself out of the sand, but her expression was pale. Suddenly, she ignited, the searing flames clinging to her body to deal damage over time.

“Grrr,” Could this be any worse? Luckily, they were right next to a body of water. “Nâva, throw yourself into the water with Water Gun!”

The slime drake flew through the air propelled by the spout of water, flying towards the water which, hopefully, would ameliorate its burn.

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

Last edited:
Acacia Song
June 21st, 10 years ago.
Oaks Laboratory. Pallet Town, Kanto.

Having taken a few beats to regroup, Acacia slowly began the process of cleaning up the mess he had made. The first step, of course, was to make sure the pokemon were treated to. Windie was a little worse for wear, but overall had been spared from taking damage beyond what a heated battle would entail. A few potions later and the puppy was good to go, resting itself within the confines of its premier ball. The squirtle on the other hand had suffered crueler fate. Acacia brought it to the upstairs of the laboratory, set the pokemon down on an empty couch, and began applying first aid to the best of his abilities by wrapping it in bandages and applying a super potion he had found. It wasn't perfect, but he figured it would do until the professor got back and could provide better treatment.

Oh that's right, the professor!

In his relief, Acacia had nearly forgotten about perhaps the most pressing matter at hand. He had contributed to the destruction of one of the most prestigious research facilities in the world and soon its owner would be returning. I better try to clean up. He descended the staircase, grabbed a broom from a closet near the entryway, and began sweeping up the shards of glassware scattered around the first floor.

It wasn't far into the cleaning process that others began to arrive. It was the two boys from earlier, the girl from before who looked as though she had gotten roughed up too, and a new girl whose inexplicable optimism contradicted the gloomy atmosphere Acacia's defeat had cast. He scanned their hands, noticing all returned similarly empty handed, and only found comfort in the sight of the charmander and bulbasaur returning safely. They had been defeated, but at the very least had avoided tragedy.

It seemed some took that sentiment as more of a positive than himself, with the blonde-haired girl who introduced herself as Nakano breaking into some unanticipated declaration that she would be guiding the boys on their journey. The assertion was almost enough to make Acacia chuckle, finding humor in the confidence with which she spoke despite the circumstances and limited evidence for her claim.

Quite presumptuous of her to assume I need help with a career in research. "I think you have me confused with someone else." Not wanting to cause any more troubles at the lab, Acacia tried to sound genuine and sincere, but his troublesome nature teased the corners of his lips and his words were spoken with an air of sarcasm and annoyance. "None of us came here together, I just stopped by to try to help. Appreciate the offer though." On that note he turned away and resumed his sweeping. Besides, what kind of trainer would set out for an adventure with a babysitter anyway?

-----

A few hours later and things had settled down a bit. Understandably when Oak first returned to find his once proud laboratory had been trashed the professor was a rather disturbed, but after Acacia explained the situation, he calmed down a bit. understanding that the situation was out of the children's hands. They cleaned up to the best of their abilities, though there was work that would need to be done by professionals and materials that would need to be replaced. Acacia chatted with the professor for a while, exchanging stories about Blaine and discussing potential reasons for the notes the thieves had stolen, and after that he gratefully accepted the offer to rest for a while before heading out on his journey.

Evening was just coming about when Acacia decided it was time to take his leave. He packed up his bag and headed down from his resting place upstairs, taking a glance at the resting squirtle on his way out. I hope he's alright. Little guy must've put up a good fight to piss her off like that, I've never even seen mom as angry as that woman.

The memory of his mother's scathing lectures brought a grin to his face. He was so far away from that now, even on a less-than-ideal start to his journey, Acacia couldn't help but feel a hint of gratitude that, at the very least, he was out in the world experiencing both the highs and the lows away from shelter and restrictions.

He caught sight of Oak near the entryway and made his final remark, “I think it's time for me to head out. Thanks for letting me stay a while, and I'm sorry about the mess. If I see that woman again, I promise I'll get her back for you!"

“I’m sure you will.” The professor smiled back, eager to see where the odd boy’s journey would take him.

However, before Acacia could leave the sound of a defiant “Squirt!” drew his attention to the staircase. Having waddled down after the boy, the bandaged squirtle stood facing Acacia with a fierce look in its eyes. Its tiny blue claws firmly clutched a Pokéball and it marched up to the boy.

“What’s this?” Acacia asked as it lifted the pokeball up to him. “You wanna come with us?”

“Squirt!” The turtle nodded, while never breaking its determined gaze.

“Is that alright with you Oak?”

“Oh yes, it’s quite alright. Though, I must warn you… things haven’t exactly panned out with this little guy. If you are simply looking for a starter there are plenty more to choose from.”

“Nah, that’s okay.” Acacia shifted his attention back to squirtle, offering an understanding smile and nod. The look in its eyes was familiar. There was a resolve in the Pokémon, one that he felt within himself. Together, the duo had tasted defeat and decided they didn’t like the flavor. “I want this one.”

He grabbed the pokeball from its hand, already noticing how natural it felt to consider himself its trainer. “Well, let’s go then. We got unfinished business together, don’t we?” With one more enthusiastic cheer from the turtle and a wave goodbye, Acacia headed off into the dusk of his first day with a new companion in stride.

July 18, Johto Region, Olivine City Beach
--

Shiro couldnt really complain, second fire type attack that spread everywhere would make Gehenna even stronger, however it was dangerous as he remind himself Diva can suddenly metronome other everywhere hitting moves.

For now he was boosted by her.. What about later?
"Gehenna.. If you can hear me use another Coil!"

"You're doing great Diva, keep it up!"

Diva kept up her dancing this time, pink energy gathering around her. A mystical feeling covered the field as a pink fog spread across it. The move was Misty Terrain, which made the sand take a pinkish color while Diva continued to dance around joyfully.

Esther

The number of coils Shiro had called for made Esther nervous. By her count, that was the third coil and to make matters worse, she recognized that Shiro’s Sizzlipede possessed the ability flashfire. This meant Reina’s earlier attacks had only served to grant it an additional boost to all its fire-type moves. Esther quickly calculated that the centipede pokémon’s attack-power had probably nearly quadrupled with its combined buffs, and that wasn’t a pokémon Esther was content to leave alone. Likewise, however, Reina’s Clefairy wouldn’t leave her alone and its next TOTALLY random move was Misty Terrain. Burned and with its dragon-type moves weakened by half, Reina’s Clefairy had randomly crippled half Nâva’s move set while feeding their other opponent buffs...the bitch was picking favorites, Esther was sure of it.

The Oblivian scowled and called for another attack, “Nâva, pepper them down with Bubble!”

From the shallows Nâva launched a drift of bubbles, once more assaulting both of its foes.

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

"Come on, big girl, on the ground." Ezio said, causing Erebus to sigh and jump on the ground. The man inhaled gratefully before looking at Kaden's team. It looked very professionally, but Ezio's mind immediately made a connection between them. "They are all Evolution Stone evolutions!" He exclaimed.

"Those stones are quite expensive, and rare to find naturally. Still, they have some of the most incredible potential of any evolution method due to being able to decide when you use the stone. I'd use one myself, but I find them to be too pretty to be used." Ezio said before grabbing his own phone again.

"It is only fair that I show you my team." He said as he showed a picture of him and his team. He had a large grin on his face and crossed his arms. Erebus was right beside him, collar aflame as Excavate lifted the two of them up. In the air above them, an Aerodactyl was hovering with a metal necklace on. On the other side of Ezio was a Bastiodon, leaning against Ezio's hip. On the chin of Excavate was a Cradily, waving its tentacles around. Hanging from one of Excavate's many segments was a Kabutops, who seemed to be more focused on hanging by a single scythe than the picture.

"Not as professional as yours, but I like the personality in this picture." The man said, chuckling.
----------

Nicole looked at the explanation of Lara, ignoring the mistakes she made. It was a little funny that she forgot the lens cap, but that just meant she could also forget it just as easily. As Lara allowed her to go through the motions herself, she made sure the lens cap was off before turning the camera on and making sure everything was alright. "Was there anything in particular you wanted to shoot?"

July 18, Olivine City Beach, Johto
---

Misty terrain and then bubbles. His opponents really did their Best to defeat each other. Though he could tell by the repeating bubble attack that at least one of them began to consider him a threat.

Shiro considered options fast, he most probably could tank the bubble attack, but the slim possibility of Gehenna being slower was what concerned him.. However he wanted to prepare one last Coil.. Alright, lets risk it.

"Coil!" He said and right after this move he could tell that poor Gehenna was hit by the bubbles. Luckily he didnt seem to get slower So he prepared second part of the plan. "Flame Wheel! Diva is too much of a random factor to let her stay on the field!" Gehenna connected his front with his end into a circle and began rolling, engulfed in the insanely powerfull flames. His power raised tredemously and it was a time to use it.

"Never attack Diva in a straight line, Sing!"

Diva stopped her dancing and faced the incoming fire buy, she cleared her throat and began to sing.

The sound waves spread directly in front of the fairy Pokemon, who was facing the incoming Flame Wheel and the small dragon further behind.

Kaden smiled when Ezio pointed out that all of his pokemon were stone evolutions. He was a bit surprised as not everyone makes that connection as quickly, but it was very clear that this ruin maniac was a very experienced trainer.

"Yeah all of them are stone evolutions and you're absolutely right that they have an incredible amount of potential," the coordinator said and proudly looked at his Arcanine and then turned to Ezio, "I know what you mean. The stones are absolutely gorgeous," and automatically glanced over to his fire stone-ring. He got it to himself as a memento after he evolved Etna. It wasn't from the same stone or anything, but it was a keepsake to remind him of that tremendous occasion of his first evolution occurring and it being his starter of all.

Kaden quickly directed his attention back to Ezio, or rather a picture of his team he showed, "Quite the team I see. Such a charming picture. Some of them are fossil pokemon, right?" he said pointing at the Bastiodon.

Lara smiled happily when Nicole performed what she'd shown her flawlessly. It was only the first baby steps to the world of camera operation, but it was a good start non the less, right? That's what she tried to tell herself anyway.

"Um, I have a few things to show you before we get into filming, but when we get to it you can film what ever you'd like to really. We'll focus on you learning how to use and operate the camera so yeah," Lara explained and let her sentence trail off as she was unsure how to end it without just repeating herself.

"We still have exposure, focus and zoom to go though. The zoom is how big or small you make the subject in your frame," the photographer explained and began to zoom in and out with the camera to demonstrate. In response Rotom imitated it with it's own camera, rotating it's lens and snickered happily.

"Focus, to quickly explain it, is the thing that makes your subject look sharp or fuzzy. The camera has an auto focus as well, but it could focus on the wrong thing so when the picture is stationary the manual setting is better. Then finally exposure is.. is kind of like the setting for how light or dark the image is," Lara continued to explain. She knew that the terms she was using weren't really correct, but she feared she would go overboard if she were to do any deeper explanations.

"Where you adjust all of these things is here at the front of the camera. Um, you can go ahead and test them to see how they work and such. These are the very basics of camera operation. There is still the audio to go through but we can get to it later. We'll just use the camera's in-built microphone for these practice recordings,"

Esther

Gehenna’s fiery assault was stopped in its tracks, lulled to sleep by Diva’s singing. Nâva managed to escape the effects of Sing by hiding below the surf where the water blocked the fairy lullaby. The battlefield was ripe for a knock-out, and Now that she was in prime position to snipe the buffed-up danger-noodle, Esther immediately jumped on it. “Now Nâva, WATER GUN!”

The Oblivian shouted to ensure Goomy could hear her voice and was rewarded when the slime-dragon jumped from the waters and launched a mighty torrent of water towards the sleeping Centipede!

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

"Sure are! Revived almost all of them myself, Evi here is the first Pokémon I saw to be revived outside of Unova and although I didn't technically revive her, she did imprint on me. I guess you could say I am her parent in some weird way." Ezio said, chuckling as he pointed at the Aerodactyl.

"She is a great Pokémon, but she is still an Aerodactyl and has to release her primal instincts every now and then to relax. Nothing like Equivocate, who just wants to nap in a cozy grass patch with the sun shining on her." He said, pointing to the Bastiodon.

"Over time, I've really grown to enjoy the type diversity they offered and exploring their strengths and weaknesses. Whilst my team is obviously very weak to Water, I would not want to travel alongside a different team than this one. They're like a little family, squabbling siblings and all." The Ruin Maniac chuckled, though Kaden's ring did not escape his gaze.

"So what's the deal with your ring? Judging from the colors, it is a Fire Stone or something similar. Not many people have jewellry made from evolution stones, as they think it is a waste. What made you use one?"

-----------

"I see, a lot of things to keep in mind." Nicole admitted, starting to regret her choice a little. Still, she couldn't wuss out now, especially not after Lara went so far to explain everything to her. The least she could do was try and learn it, for her.

Playing with the focus, exposure and zoom, she used a tree as her practice target. Everything did what Lara said it would, so clearly she knew what she was talking about. After making sure that she knew where each dial was located, she turned to Lara again. "You were talking about audio?"

"I understand it well. There are so many different pokemon out there and many trainers choose to specialize in a particular type, which is quite interesting. To try and explore what the type is capable of, the strengths and weaknesses. Now my team is varied in type but I'm quite peculiar of the pokemon I'm interested in using for my team. Like you pointed it out all of them are stone evolutions. It began as a coincidence, but then it kind of stuck as a 'theme' for my team. It's quite a niche, but it's good to have something interesting that makes you different from the other coordinators," Kaden said turning his phone over and looked at the picture of him and his team together.

"Oh this ring. It is indeed a fire stone. It isn't big or potent enough to cause an evolution so it doesn't have any real use. The first stone I bought was a fire stone to evolve my dear starter and I later got this ring as a type of token. But it makes a beautiful head for a ring," the coordinator continued and brought his hand over so that Ezio could see the ring a bit better. The light shimmering inside of it making it look like a small flame was burning inside the gem. Etna rested her head on the armrest of the chair while Kaden gave her some scratches with his free hand.

"Yes, there is quite a lot, but with practice I'm sure you'll get the hang of things," Lara said giving Nicole a slight smile. When it came to videography and photography there were a lot of theoretical aspects to them, but the best way to learn was by doing. Or that was how she did it at least. Lara kept an eye on the birdkeeper testing out the settings she had just demonstrated and she seemed to pick up the new info well.

"Yeah, but we can focus on it later once we've done some video tests with the camera and get to use everything I've explained so far. Or- um.. unless you'd like to go through audio right now, of course," The red haired woman said. Honestly she was fine with whatever since it was more important for Nicole to do whatever her optimal way of learning is.

July 18th, Olivine City Beach, Johto
---

To say Shiro was both impressed but also found it stupid for Dragon type to attack Gehenna said a lot about this battle royale.

He didnt Say that the decision itself was stupid, It was that she showed her pokemon position to now aware Reyna. It was also quite possible that although water gun is simply weak then using it along with bubbles may faint Gehenna or bring him to a red.. Could he retreat his pokemon? He wasnt aware of it if he could. Honestly they didnt decide well on the rules if he was considering on that now.. Fact is Gehenna can take a lot, but it would be definitly easier if he didnt slept.

In fact thinking Reina wont use other moves than sing was a mistake, but at the same time if he got a Little even closer then her command to sing wouldnt matter much as Gehenna was So buffed at this point that he could clearly give some insane demage.

A hit happend and as of now Shiro wasnt aware of Gehenna state, yet the fact that he could not lose yet was a fim light of hope.. They faced water type in triple type gym in Unova before and Gehenna managed So.. He could do it right?

All in all... Shiro didnt gave up yet, cuz he had a secret Weapon, which was usually not taken serious when his opponents saw it.

"Having a niche is never a bad thing. Sure, having type diversity goes a long way in battles to the point that some people say that the best teams have a Water, Grass and Fire type and if possible, a Dragon, Steel and Fairy type as well. Whilst those teams may be very effective at countering most, if not all types, they feel bland and lack creativity. Not saying my collection of cool rocks is very creative, but they are what I feel most comfortable with." Ezio said, leaning back in his chair.

"It is a very beautiful ring, and a Fire Stone is one of the more pretty Evolution Stones. A Leaf Stone, for example, would not shine nearly as bright. Do you have a Pokémon for each Evolutionary Stone or are you missing some? As you've probably noticed, I am quite well-versed in geology and everything that comes with it. Maybe I can help find some new stones for you?" The man offered, scratching Erebus underneath her chin as she once again begged for attention.

----------

Nicole considered her options. On one hand, she could speed through the theoretical aspect of the job and get some hands-on experience. It was appealing, especially since she didn't like to sit still and listen to a long story. On the other hand, she knew all too well what she could and couldn't handle regarding new information. If she absorbed too much, she would be exhausted and useless for her employer and Lara.

"I'd like to leave the audio part for later, if possible. I want to learn how to use the camera correctly first before I move on, if that is okay with you." The bird keeper said, attempting to return Lara's smile and getting.....something that could resemble a smile? On a good day, that is.

"I understand what you mean. Having a certain 'theme' for your team is a wonderful display of creativity as well as gives one a fun challenge to play around when doing contests, battles or whatever," Kaden said and gave an agreeing nod to Ezio.

"I don't even have a full team to be completely transparent. I'm still missing one more pokemon. Like I said I'm very particular about what pokemon I want to have on my team. Ideally this last member wouldn't have any type overlap with any of the other pokemon I have, would be a stone evolution I haven't used yet and would have something unique that they can bring to the team. The stone I haven't used are sun stone, moon stone, dawn stone, leaf stone and ice stone. I think that's all," the coordinator then explained and used his fingers to help count the stones he still hasn't used, "Oh that would be very generous of you, but I think I'd have to say no. I've yet to catch myself the last member of my team so I have no idea what I'd need as my last stone. Thank you for the offer though," Kaden said, honestly surprised at the ruin maniacs offer.

"Of course it is. You're here to learn so it should be important to be done in a way that's best for you," Lara replied and kept up her smile noticing that the bird keeper who.. looked to be smiling back? Well, Lara was pretty sure it was one, but it never hurt to play on the safe side right?

"Alright then. Uh, what would you like to start with then? Zoom and focus? Exposure? Filming moving targets?" The reporter then said listing off some starting exercises for the bird keeper to better learn how to use the film camera now that they were done with the theory for now.